- Evaluation of hydroxyimine as cytochrome P450-selective prodrug structure
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of Kuopio, PO Box 1627, FI 70211 Kuopio, Finland
J Med Chem 49:1207-11. 2006
..Results indicate that hydroxyimine is a useful intermediate prodrug structure for ketone drugs...
- Neuropathy in an artist exposed to organic solvents in paints: a case study
Hashfela Occupational Medicine Unit, Maccabi Medical Services, Yavne, Israel
Arch Environ Health 57:127-9. 2002
..The authors were unable to find any similar case report in the literature...
- [Evaluation of individual exposure to organic solvents using a portable VOC monitor]
Department of Hygiene, Dokkyo Medical University School of Medicine, Mibu, Tochigi, Japan
Sangyo Eiseigaku Zasshi 48:214-20. 2006
..The VOC monitor will be useful for reducing occupational exposure. Since the VOC monitor provides detailed data of individuals' exposures to organic solvents...
- The effect of casting solvent quality on the structure of polymeric Langmuir-Blodgett films
Institute of Physical Chemistry, NCSR Demokritos, Agh. Paraskevi Attikis, 15310, Greece
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 1:349-56. 2001
..Experimental observations are supplemented by qualitative polymer physics interpretations regarding the structure of the films upon casting and compression...
- Vibrational assignment, structure and intramolecular hydrogen bond study of 3-amino-1-phenyl-2-buten-1-one
Chemistry Department, Birjand University, Birjand 98178, Iran
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 63:729-39. 2006
..These results also support the stronger hydrogen bond in the title compound with respect to the parent molecule...
- Comparison of different stationary phases for bioanalytical studies of biologically active compounds
Charles University, Faculty of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Drug Control, Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
J Sep Sci 29:2126-35. 2006
..The best conditions for separation of the individual compounds and their metabolites were chosen on the basis of resolution, retention times, and peak symmetry...
- Inclusion complexes of nabumetone with beta-cyclodextrins: thermodynamics and molecular modelling studies. Influence of sodium perchlorate
, , Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad de Navarra, 31080 Pamplona, Spain
Luminescence 16:117-27. 2001
..It has been found that the stability constants for the complexes decrease with the salt concentration; the causes are discussed...
- Prevalence and mechanism of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug-induced clinical relapse in patients with inflammatory bowel disease
Department of Internal Medicine, Guy s, King s, St Thomas Medical School, London, United Kingdom
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 4:196-202. 2006
..We assessed the effect of these drugs in patients with inflammatory bowel disease (n = 209) and the possible mechanisms...
- Nabumetone: therapeutic use and safety profile in the management of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
Drugs 64:2315-43; discussion 2344-5. 2004
..Compared with COX-2 selective inhibitors, nabumetone exhibits similar anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties in patients with arthritis and there is no evidence of excess GI or other forms of complications to date...
- Patient characteristics associated with outpatient prescriptions for nabumetone and oxaprozin versus celecoxib and rofecoxib
Division of Drug Risk Evaluation, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Rockville, MD 20857, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 62:739-43. 2005
- Tolerability to nabumetone and meloxicam in patients with nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug intolerance
Allergy Service, Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Maranon, Madrid, Spain
J Allergy Clin Immunol 119:960-4. 2007
..Because nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) intolerance depends on COX-1 inhibition, preferential or selective COX-2 inhibitors have been thought to be well tolerated by these patients...
- A comparison of the effects of nabumetone vs meloxicam on serum thromboxane B2 and platelet function in healthy volunteers
D J W van Kraaij
Department of Cardiology, Academic Hospital Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Br J Clin Pharmacol 53:644-7. 2002
..To compare the effects of nabumetone and meloxicam, two cyclo-oxygenase-2 (COX-2) preferential nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), on platelet COX-1 activity and platelet function...
- Treatment of patients with osteoarthritis with rofecoxib compared with nabumetone
Arthur L Weaver
University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska, USA
J Clin Rheumatol 12:17-25. 2006
..Rofecoxib and nabumetone were developed to provide gastrointestinal benefits over traditional nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). However, there is limited comparative information relating to these 2 drugs...
- In vitro investigation of the effects of cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitors on contractile activity of the equine dorsal and ventral colon
Linda M Van Hoogmoed
Department of Surgical and Radiological Sciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis 95616, USA
Am J Vet Res 63:1496-500. 2002
..To evaluate the effect of 2 cyclooxygenase (COX)-2 inhibitors on contractile activity of the circular smooth muscle layer of the equine dorsal and ventral colon...
- Novel determination of nabumetone, a cox-2 inhibitor precursor via its 4-carboxyl-2,6-dinitrobenzene diazonium (CDNBD) derived AZO dye
A O Adegoke
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria
Afr J Med Med Sci 36:249-57. 2007
..05) with the official (B.P) HPLC method. The new method is simple, has the main advantage of employing a more affordable instrumentation and could find application in routine in-process quality control of nabumetone tablets...
- Storage stability of ketones on carbon adsorbents
Instituto de Seguridad y Salud Laboral, Apartado 35, E 30120 El Palmar, Región de Murcia, Murcia, Spain
J Chromatogr A 1129:82-7. 2006
..After 30-days storage, the stability of the studied ketones was excellent on Carboxen 564. This sorbent had a nearly negligible ash content and the adsorbed water was much lower than for the other sorbents tested...
- Sub-chronic toxicity of low concentrations of industrial volatile organic pollutants in vitro
Environmental Research Institute, University College Cork, Cork, Ireland
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 219:85-94. 2007
..The lowest-observed-adverse-effect-levels (LOAELs) measured in vitro were close to blood solvent concentrations reported for individuals exposed to the agents at levels at or below their individual threshold limit values (TLVs)...
- Increase in exhaled nitric oxide in shoe and leather workers at the end of the work-shift
Department of Pharmacology and Physiology, Karolinska Institute Stockholm, Stockholm, Sweden
Occup Med (Lond) 54:404-7. 2004
..The objective of this study was to evaluate exhaled NO levels in synthetic leather workers exposed to organic solvents toluene, xylene and methylethyl ketone...
- New approach to generalized two-dimensional correlation spectroscopy. II: Eigenvalue manipulation transformation (EMT) for noise suppression
Young Mee Jung
Department of Chemistry, Pohang University of Science and Technology, San 31, Hyojadong, Pohang 790 784, Korea
Appl Spectrosc 57:557-63. 2003
..The effect of this new EMT scheme is more gradual, with attractive flexibility to continuously fine-tune the balance between the desired noise reduction effect and the retention of pertinent spectral information...
- In vitro exposure of jurkat T-cells to industrially important organic solvents in binary combination: interaction analysis
Environmental Research Institute, University College Cork, Lee Maltings, Ireland
Toxicol Sci 101:263-74. 2008
..It is concluded that toxicity in immune-derived T cells may exhibit greater than additive effects when there is coexposure to organic solvents. This may have implications for risk assessment of environmental exposure to these agents...
- Evaluation of current biological exposure index for occupational N, N-dimethylformamide exposure from synthetic leather workers
Ven Shing Wang
Department of Occupational Safety and Health, China Medical University, No 91 Hsueh Shih Road, Taichung, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Occup Environ Med 46:729-36. 2004
..Urinary concentration of NMF and DMF, corresponding to the 8-hour exposure to airborne DMF at 30 mg/m, was estimated to 38.4 mg/L or 39.4 mg/g creatinine for NMF and to 0.92 mg/L or 0.96 mg/g creatinine for DMF...
- A sensitive method for the quantification of acrolein and other volatile carbonyls in ambient air
Vincent Y Seaman
Department of Environmental Toxicology, University of California, Davis, One Shields Avenue, Davis, California 95616, USA
Anal Chem 78:2405-12. 2006
..02 microg/m3. The minimum detection limit of 0.012 microg/m3 is below that of other published methods. Methacrolein, methyl vinyl ketone, crotonaldehyde, glyoxal, methyl glyoxal, and benzaldehyde were also quantified...
- Asymmetric organocatalytic direct aldol reactions of ketones with alpha-keto acids and their application to the synthesis of 2-hydroxy-gamma-butyrolactones
Xiao Ying Xu
Hefei National Laboratory for Physical Sciences at Microscale and Department of Chemistry, University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei 230026, China
J Org Chem 72:9905-13. 2007
..These two hydrogen-bonding interactions are important for the reactivity and enantioselectivity of the direct asymmetric aldol condensation...
- Highly asymmetric Michael addition to alpha,beta-unsaturated ketones catalyzed by 9-amino-9-deoxyepiquinine
Jian Wu Xie
Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, P R China
Angew Chem Int Ed Engl 46:389-92. 2007
- General principles of pharmaceutical solid polymorphism: a supramolecular perspective
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of Michigan, 428 Church Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 1065, USA
Adv Drug Deliv Rev 56:241-74. 2004
..This review describes pharmaceutical solids in terms of supramolecular chemistry and crystal engineering concepts, and discusses the events that control crystallization and solid phase transformations...
- Calculation of absolute protein-ligand binding affinity using path and endpoint approaches
Michael S Lee
Department of Cell Biology and Biochemistry, U S Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases, Frederick, Maryland 21702, USA
Biophys J 90:864-77. 2006
..For example, conventional harmonic and quasiharmonic entropy estimation procedures produce disparate results for the relatively simple protein-ligand systems studied in this work...
- Hydration of aprotic donor solvents studied by means of FTIR spectroscopy
Department of Physical Chemistry, Chemical Faculty, Gdansk University of Technology, Narutowicza 11 12, 80 952 Gdansk, Poland
J Phys Chem A 111:1827-34. 2007
..The simple model of hydration, proposed to better justify the results, connects the values obtained from the methods providing microscopic and macroscopic characteristics of the system studied...
- Effects of acetone on methyl ethyl ketone peroxide runaway reaction
Yan Fu Lin
Department of Chemistry, National Chung Hsing University, 250 Kuo Kwang Road, Taichung 40227, Taiwan, ROC
J Hazard Mater 153:1071-7. 2008
- Measurement and modeling of single- and multi-component adsorption equilibria of VOC on high-silica zeolites
LIPE, Département de Génie des Procédés Industriels, Institut National des Sciences Appliquees, 135 Avenue de Rangueil, 31077 Toulouse 4, France
Environ Sci Technol 37:2410-4. 2003
- Antihypertensive effect of the combination of fosinopril and HCTZ is resistant to interference by nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs
Department of Medicine, Louisiana State University Medical Center, New Orleans 70112, USA
Am J Hypertens 12:925-8. 1999
..We conclude that the three NSAID did not neutralize the antihypertensive effect of the combination of fosinopril and HCTZ, and hence the blood pressure lowering action of the combination may not be prostaglandin dependent...
- Association of immunological disorders in lethal side effect of NSAIDs on beta-glucan-administered mice
Laboratory for Immunopharmacology of Microbial Products, School of Pharmacy, Tokyo University of Pharmacy and Life Science, 1432-1 Horinouchi, Hachioji, 192-0392, Tokyo, Japan
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 31:1-14. 2001
..These facts strongly suggested that gastrointestinal damage by NSAIDs was more severe in beta-glucan-administered mice, resulting in peritonitis by enteric bacteria and leading to death...
- Comparison of cardiovascular thrombotic events in patients with osteoarthritis treated with rofecoxib versus nonselective nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (ibuprofen, diclofenac, and nabumetone)
Alise S Reicin
Merck Research Laboratories Merck and Co, Inc, Rahway, New Jersey 07065, USA
Am J Cardiol 89:204-9. 2002
..Thus, in the rofecoxib osteoarthritis development program, there was no difference between rofecoxib, comparator nonselective NSAIDs, and placebo in the risks of cardiovascular thrombotic events...
- Distal bowel selectivity in the chemoprevention of experimental colon carcinogenesis by the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug nabumetone
H K Roy
Department of Medicine, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198-2000, USA
Int J Cancer 92:609-15. 2001
..The striking distal predilection of nabumetone may be, at least partially, explained by distal bowel over-expression of COX-2 and PPAR-delta...
- Photosensitizing properties of 6-methoxy-2-naphthylacetic acid, the major metabolite of the phototoxic non-steroidal anti-inflammatory and analgesic drug nabumetone
Laboratorio de Fotoquímica y Fotobiología, Departamento de Quimica, Universidad Simon Bolivar, Venezuela
Pharmazie 60:604-8. 2005
..6-MNAA was phototoxic to C. albicans, C. lipolytica and C. tropicalis. A mechanism involving singlet oxygen, radicals, and electron transfer reactions is suggested for the observed phototoxicity...
- Spontaneous reports of hypertension leading to hospitalisation in association with rofecoxib, celecoxib, nabumetone and oxaprozin
Division of Drug Risk Evaluation, Office of Drug Safety, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Rockville, Maryland 20875, USA
Drugs Aging 21:479-84. 2004
..We also collapse cases into series for the identification of possible risk factors for clinically severe, NSAID-associated hypertension...
- A population based historical cohort study of the mortality associated with nabumetone, Arthrotec, diclofenac, and naproxen
Nigel L Ashworth
Division of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
J Rheumatol 31:951-6. 2004
- Calculation of cyclodextrin binding affinities: energy, entropy, and implications for drug design
Center for Advanced Research in Biotechnology, University of Maryland Biotechnology Institute, Rockville, Maryland 20850, USA
Biophys J 87:3035-49. 2004
..In close analogy with the common experimental observation of entropy-enthalpy compensation, the computed entropy changes show a near-linear relationship with the changes in mean potential plus solvation energy...
- The nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug, nabumetone, differentially inhibits beta-catenin signaling in the MIN mouse and azoxymethane-treated rat models of colon carcinogenesis
Hemant K Roy
Department of Internal Medicine, Evanston Northwestern Healthcare Research Institute, 1001 University Place, Evanston, IL 60201, USA
Cancer Lett 217:161-9. 2005
..In conclusion, we demonstrate that the differential mechanisms for beta-catenin suppression may be determined, at least partly, by GSK-3beta...
- Chemoprevention of intestinal tumorigenesis by nabumetone: induction of apoptosis and Bcl-2 downregulation
H K Roy
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Nebraska Medical Center Eppley Cancer Institute, 982000 Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 2000, USA
Br J Cancer 84:1412-6. 2001
- Treatment of elderly patients with nabumetone or diclofenac: gastrointestinal safety profile
G J Morgan
Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, New Hampshire 03756, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 32:310-4. 2001
..However, the gastrointestinal safety profile of nabumetone was superior to that of diclofenac with respect to elevation of liver enzymes...
- Comparison of the efficacy and safety of naproxen CR and nabumetone in the treatment of patients with osteoarthritis of the knee
H S Cha
Department of Medicine, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther 39:539-45. 2001
..CONCLUSIONS: Naproxen CR is an effective and tolerable drug in the treatment of knee OA. Efficacy and safety profiles are comparable to those of nabumetone...
- 2, 4-diamino-6- hydroxy pyrimidine inhibits NSAIDs induced nitrosyl-complex EPR signals and ulcer in rat jejunum
Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, CB 7295, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
BMC Gastroenterol 2:8. 2002
..We investigated the latter possibility using electron paramagnetic resonance spectroscopy...
- Pulp-dentine complex changes and root resorption during intrusive orthodontic tooth movement in patients prescribed nabumetone
Paula A Villa
Instituto de Ciencias de la Salud CES, Medellin, Colombia
J Endod 31:61-6. 2005
..Nabumetone was found to be useful in reducing pulpitis, external root resorption, and pain caused by intrusive orthodontic movement, without altering tooth movement in response to the application of orthodontic force...
- Pain management in osteoarthritis: a focus on onset of efficacy--a comparison of rofecoxib, celecoxib, acetaminophen, and nabumetone across four clinical trials
Wendy P Battisti
Merck and Co, Inc, West Point, Pennsylvania 19486, USA
J Pain 5:511-20. 2004
..5 mg (P = .01) compared with nabumetone. Rofecoxib treatment, with its faster onset of OA efficacy and lower rates of related discontinuations, might provide efficacy advantages in the treatment of OA pain...
- A novel and efficient method to prepare 2-aryltetrahydrofuran-2-ylphosphonic acids
Vsevolod V Komissarov
Engelhardt Institute of Molecular Biology, Russian Academy of Sciences, Vavilov St, 32, Moscow 119991, Russia
Beilstein J Org Chem 6:63. 2010
A novel one-pot method was developed for the synthesis of the title compounds starting from 4-chloro-1-aryl-1-butanones 1, phosphorus trichloride and acetic acid. The end products 2 were obtained in 20-94% yield...
- (99m)Tc-labeled dibenzylideneacetone derivatives as potential SPECT probes for in vivo imaging of β-amyloid plaque
Key Laboratory of Radiopharmaceuticals, Ministry of Education, College of Chemistry, Beijing Normal University, Beijing 100875, PR China
Eur J Med Chem 64:90-8. 2013
..Although additional optimizations are still needed to facilitate it's penetration through BBB, the present results indicate that [(99m)Tc]5a may be a potential SPECT probe for imaging Aβ plaques in Alzheimer's brains...
- Multivariate spatial covariance analysis of 99mTc-exametazime SPECT images in dementia with Lewy bodies and Alzheimer's disease: utility in differential diagnosis
Sean J Colloby
Institute for Ageing and Health, Newcastle University, Campus for Ageing and Vitality, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 33:612-8. 2013
..86, sensitivity 80%, specificity 80%). Multivariate analysis of blood flow SPECT data appears to be robust and shows good diagnostic accuracy in two independent cohorts for distinguishing DLB from AD...
- An entomopathogenic bacterium, Xenorhabdus nematophila, suppresses expression of antimicrobial peptides controlled by Toll and Imd pathways by blocking eicosanoid biosynthesis
Department of Bioresource Sciences, Andong National University, Andong, Korea
Arch Insect Biochem Physiol 83:151-69. 2013
..This study suggests that X. nematophila suppresses AMP production controlled by Toll and Imd pathways by inhibiting eicosanoid biosynthesis in S. exigua...
- Assessment of skin exposure to N,N-dimethylformamide and methyl ethylketone through chemical protective gloves and decontamination of gloves for reuse purposes
Keh Ping Chao
Department of Occupational Safety and Health, China Medical University, Taiwan, ROC
Sci Total Environ 409:1024-32. 2011
..Implications of this study include an understanding of the use duration of neoprene gloves and proper decontamination of chemical protective gloves for reuse...
- Polymer-supported and polymeric chiral guanidines: preparation and application to the asymmetric Michael reaction of iminoacetate with methyl vinyl ketone
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chiba University, 1 33 Yayoi, Inage, Chiba, 263 8522, Japan
Mol Divers 9:321-31. 2005
- Synthesis, analytical characterization and bioactivity of Ag and Cu nanoparticles embedded in poly-vinyl-methyl-ketone films
Dipartimento di Chimica, Universita degli Studi di Bari, Via Orabona 4, 70126 Bari, Italy
Anal Bioanal Chem 382:1912-8. 2005
..On the basis of these stability and bioactivity results, it is clear that Cu-NPs and Ag-NPs are suitable for application in disinfecting or antifouling paint and coating formulations...
- Identification of stable cytotoxic factors in the gas phase extract of cigarette smoke and pharmacological characterization of their cytotoxicity
Central Institute of Isotope Science, Hokkaido University, North 15, West 7, Kita ku, Sapporo 060 8638, Japan
Toxicology 314:1-10. 2013
- TBAF-catalyzed deacylation of cellulose esters: reaction scope and influence of reaction parameters
Department of Sustainable Biomaterials, Virginia Tech, 230 Cheatham Hall, Blacksburg, VA 24061, USA
Carbohydr Polym 98:692-8. 2013
..These reactions displayed regioselectivity for deacylation at O-2/3 similar to that observed earlier with cellulose acetate (DS 2.4)...
- Dietary exposure to flavouring substances: from screening methods to detailed assessments using food consumption data collected with EPIC-Soft software
S P Crispim
Division of Human Nutrition, Wageningen University WU, Wageningen NL 6703 HD, The Netherlands
Food Addit Contam Part A Chem Anal Control Expo Risk Assess 27:433-46. 2010
..The use of non-specified flavour descriptors hardly changed the results. The collection of detailed food consumption data at the individual level is useful in the dietary exposure assessment of these flavourings...
- Preparation and photoluminescence of a novel beta-diketone ligand containing electro-transporting group and its europium(III) ternary complex
Neng Jun Xiang
State Key Laboratory of Optoelectronic Materials and Technologies, School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510275, China
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 65:907-11. 2006
..With an electro-transporting group in molecule and highly thermal stability, the synthesized Eu(III) ternary complex is expected as a red-emitting candidate material for fabrication of organic light-emitting diodes (OLEDs)...
- Chiral aminophosphines as catalysts for enantioselective double-Michael indoline syntheses
San N Khong
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Molecules 17:5626-50. 2012
..When employed in the asymmetric double-Michael reaction between ortho-tosylamidophenyl malonate and 3-butyn-2-one, the chiral aminophosphines produced indolines in excellent yields with moderate asymmetric induction...
- Reversal of diastereoselectivity in reactions of the trifluoroacetaldehyde ethyl hemiacetal with enamines and imines: metal-free, complementary anti- and syn-selective synthesis of 4,4,4-trifluoro-1-aryl-3-hydroxy-2-methyl-1-butanones
Department of Materials Science and Technology, Faculty of Engineering, Gifu University, 1 1 Yanagido, Gifu 501 1193, Japan
J Org Chem 76:285-8. 2011
..with enamines and imines, derived from propiophenones, that produce 4,4,4-trifluoro-1-aryl-3-hydroxy-2-methyl-1-butanones. This process serves as the first reliable, metal-free, complementary anti- and syn-selective method to prepare ..
- A one-dimensional coordination polymer formed from the reaction of 1,1-diphenyl-3,3'-[(1R,2R)-cyclohexane-1,2-diylbis(azanediyl)]dibut-2-en-1-one with MnCl2·4H2O
Qi Long Zhang
Guiyang College of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Guiyang, Guizhou 550002, People s Republic of China
Acta Crystallogr C Struct Chem 70:16-8. 2014
..The ligand is in the zwitterionic enol form and displays intramolecular ionic N(+)-H...O(-) hydrogen bonding and π-π interactions between pairs of phenyl rings which strengthen the chains. ..
- Antimicrobial efficacy in vivo of a new formulation of 2-butanone peroxide in n-propanol: comparison with commercial products in a cross-over trial
Department of Preventive Medicine and Public Health, Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaga, Spain
J Hosp Infect 71:223-7. 2009
..This novel peroxygen biocide offers high in-vivo cidal activity against acquired E. coli transient flora, offering an alternative to products with higher alcohol concentrations...
- Insecticidal activity of basil oil, trans-anethole, estragole, and linalool to adult fruit flies of Ceratitis capitata, Bactrocera dorsalis, and Bactrocera cucurbitae
Chiou Ling Chang
U S Pacific Basin Agricultural Research Center, 2727 Woodlawn Dr, Honolulu, HI 96822, USA
J Econ Entomol 102:203-9. 2009
..Methyl eugenol also may play a physiological role on the toxicity reduction...
- Benzylideneacetone, an eicosanoid biosynthesis inhibitor enhances baculovirus pathogenicity in the diamondback moth, Plutella xylostella
Department of Bioresource Sciences, Andong National University, Andong 760 749, Republic of Korea
J Invertebr Pathol 106:308-13. 2011
..BZA treatment resulted in significant enhancement of AcMNPV occlusion body (OB) pathogenicity to P. xylostella...
- Mass spectral analyses of hydroxymethylvinyl ketone-hemoglobin adducts formed after in vivo exposure of Sprague-Dawley rats to 3-butene-1,2-diol
Department of Comparative Biosciences and Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Chem Res Toxicol 22:1163-71. 2009
..Collectively, the results provide new insights into the reaction of HMVK with proteins...
- A simple and rapid technique for recovery of (99m)Tc from low specific activity (n,gamma)(99)Mo based on solvent extraction and column chromatography
Radiopharmaceuticals Laboratory, Regional Centre, Board of Radiation and Isotope Technology BRIT, Variable Energy Cyclotron Centre VECC, 1 AF, Bidhan Nagar, Kolkata, West Bengal 700 064, India
Appl Radiat Isot 68:1-4. 2010
..The method can be adopted for routine use of (99m)Tc in hospital radio-pharmacies utilizing low-medium specific activity (n,gamma)(99)Mo produced in a research reactor...
- [Ambient levels of carbonyl compounds in Shanghai, China]
Institute of Environmental Pollution and Health, School of Environmental and Chemical Engineering, University Shanghai, Shanghai 200444, China
Huan Jing Ke Xue 30:2701-6. 2009
..64 microg/m3) than in business district (41.96 microg/m3). A similar diel variation occurred to the two districts that higher carbonyl concentrations were shown in morning peak and nighttime than in other three periods...
- Quantum mechanical/molecular mechanical modeling finds Diels-Alder reactions are accelerated less on the surface of water than in water
Laura L Thomas
Department of Chemistry, Yale University, 225 Prospect Street, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8107, USA
J Am Chem Soc 132:3097-104. 2010
..Also, the transition structure for the 1,4-naphthoquinone case is buried more in the surface, and the free energy of activation for this reaction is most similar to the result in bulk water...
- Purification and biological evaluation of the metabolites produced by Streptomyces sp. TK-VL_333
Department of Botany and Microbiology, Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur 522510, India
Res Microbiol 161:335-45. 2010
..This is the first report of 2,3-dihydroxy-5-(hydroxymethyl) benzaldehyde, 4-(4-hydroxyphenoxy) butan-2-one, acetic acid-2-hydroxy-6-(3-oxo-butyl)-phenyl ester and 8-methyl decanoic acid from the genus Streptomyces...
- Vinyl ketone reduction by three distinct Gluconobacter oxydans 621H enzymes
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Wisconsin Milwaukee, Milwaukee, WI 53211, USA
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 80:995-1006. 2008
..All enzymes displayed highest activities with 3-butene-2-one and 1,4-naphthoquinone. Gox0502 and Gox2684 displayed a broader substrate spectrum also reducing short-chain alpha-diketones, whereas Gox2107 was most catalytically efficient...
- Highly enantioselective organocatalytic conjugate addition of nitromethane to benzylidene acetones
Department of Organic Chemistry and Technology, Budapest University of Technology and Economics, Budapest, Hungary
Chirality 20:1120-6. 2008
..The ee ratio of the products were between 67 and 100%, determined by HPLC with Chiracel OD. Molecular and crystal structure of 3,4-methylenedioxy-phenyl-5-nitro-pentan-2-one has been studied by single crystal X-ray diffraction...
- Identification of nicotine biotransformation intermediates by Agrobacterium tumefaciens strain S33 suggests a novel nicotine degradation pathway
State Key Laboratory of Microbial Technology, Shandong University, Jinan 250100, People s Republic of China
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 95:1567-78. 2012
- Development and validation of a stability-indicating RP-UPLC method for the quantitative analysis of nabumetone in tablet dosage form
School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Jaipur National University, Jaipur, India
J Chromatogr Sci 50:85-90. 2012
..The method is validated according to the ICH guidelines and is applied successfully for the determination of nabumetone in tablets...
- Nanotube-supported bioproduction of 4-hydroxy-2-butanone via in situ cofactor regeneration
School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, Singapore
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 94:1233-41. 2012
..Thus, we believe that this non-covalent specific immobilization procedure can be applied to cofactor regeneration system for bioconversions...
- Formation of mono- and bis-Michael adducts by the reaction of nucleophilic amino acids with hydroxymethylvinyl ketone, a reactive metabolite of 1,3-butadiene
Department of Comparative Biosciences and Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Chem Res Toxicol 22:918-25. 2009
- Halitosis associated volatiles in breath of healthy subjects
Sandra Van den Velde
Department of Periodontology, Catholic University of Leuven, Kapucijnenvoer 33, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 853:54-61. 2007
..Halitosis can have an intra- or extra-oral origin. In all cases, bad breath is caused by the presence of volatile organic compounds originating from the mouth or the expired air. They can be specific for certain diseases or infections...
- Methyl vinyl ketone induces apoptosis in murine GT1-7 hypothalamic neurons through glutathione depletion and the generation of reactive oxygen species
Department of Environmental Toxicology and The Health Research Center, Southern University and A and M College, Baton Rouge, LA 70813, USA
Free Radic Res 41:469-77. 2007
..The suggested sequence of events in the MVK-induced apoptosis in neuronal cells involves the depletion of cellular glutathione followed by an increased generation of ROS and finally the loss of mitochondrial function...
- Nitrate-dependent degradation of acetone by Alicycliphilus and Paracoccus strains and comparison of acetone carboxylase enzymes
Carlos Henrique Dullius
Fachbereich Biologie, University of Constance, D 78457 Constance, Germany
Appl Environ Microbiol 77:6821-5. 2011
..The results document the finding that the nitrate-reducing bacteria studied here use acetone-carboxylating enzymes similar to those of aerobic and phototrophic bacteria...
- Predictions of the EC50 for action potential block for aliphatic solutes
Biological Sciences Department, Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL, 60115, USA
J Membr Biol 221:73-85. 2008
..The results are consistent with the hypothesis that the solutes bind to channel crevices to cause Na(+) channel and AP block...
- Pd-NHC catalyzed conjugate addition versus the Mizoroki-Heck reaction
Aditya L Gottumukkala
Stratingh Institute for Chemistry, University of Groningen, Nijenborgh 4, 9747 AG, Groningen, The Netherlands
Chemistry 17:3091-5. 2011
..For conjugate addition reactions, this avoids the preparation and use of organometallics...
- Evaluation of lure dispensers for fruit fly surveillance in New Zealand
David M Suckling
HortResearch, PO Box 51, Lincoln, Canterbury, New Zealand
Pest Manag Sci 64:848-56. 2008
..A nationwide surveillance programme is conducted to ensure any incursion is detected as early as possible. A review of the lure dispensers used is reported here...
- Synthesis of the pyridinyl analogues of dibenzylideneacetone (pyr-dba) via an improved Claisen-Schmidt condensation, displaying diverse biological activities as curcumin analogues
State Key Laboratory of Drug Research, Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 555 Zuchongzhi Road, Shanghai, 201203, China
Org Biomol Chem 10:1239-45. 2012
..The resulting pyr-dba functioned as the enone analogs of curcumin and efficiently inhibited the activation of NF-κB and the growth of colorectal carcinoma HCT116 p53+/+ cells as well as the HIV-1 IN-LEDGF/p75 interaction...
- Field trials of spinosad as a replacement for naled, DDVP, and malathion in methyl eugenol and cue-lure bucket traps to attract and kill male oriental fruit flies and melon flies (Diptera: Tephritidae) in Hawaii
Roger I Vargas
Pacific Basin Agricultural Research Center, USDA ARS, P O Box 4459, Hilo, HI 96720, USA
J Econ Entomol 96:1780-5. 2003
..dorsalis and B. cucurbitae areawide integrated pest management programs in Hawaii...
- Analysis of radiation-induced hydrocarbons and 2-alkylcyclobutanones from dried shrimps (Penaeus aztecus)
Kyong Su Kim
Department of Food and Nutrition, Chosun University, Gwangju, Korea 501 759
J Food Prot 67:142-7. 2004
..The radiation-induced hydrocarbons and 2-alkylcyclobutanones were detected at radiation doses of 0.5 kGy and greater. These compounds were not detected in nonirradiated, dried shrimps...
- Urinary 2,5-hexanedione increases with potentiation of neurotoxicity in chronic coexposure to n-hexane and methyl ethyl ketone
Department of Hygiene, Nagoya University School of Medicine, Japan
Int Arch Occup Environ Health 71:100-4. 1998
..We aimed to clarify how the urinary level of 2,5-hexanedione changes when MEK modifies the degree of n-hexane-induced neurotoxicity...
- A new beta-adrenoceptor blocking agent derived from dehydrozingerone
B N Wu
Department of Pharmacology, Kaohsiung Medical College, Taiwan, Republic of China
Gen Pharmacol 25:651-9. 1994
..4. The order of potency of beta-adrenoceptor antagonists in competing for the [3H]dihydroalprenolol binding sites was (-)propranolol >> DZPN > or = atenolol...
- Development of a physiologically based pharmacokinetic model for methyl ethyl ketone in F344 rats
Karla D Thrall
Molecular Biosciences Department, Fundamental Science Division, Battelle, Pacific Northwest Laboratory, Richland, Washington 99352, USA
J Toxicol Environ Health A 65:881-96. 2002
..Development of a comprehensive PBPK model for MEK in rats is the first step toward future extrapolations to apply to humans...
- Micro-machined planar field asymmetric ion mobility spectrometer as a gas chromatographic detector
G A Eiceman
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, New Mexico State University, Las Cruces 88003, USA
Analyst 127:466-71. 2002
..Residence time for column effluent in the PFAIMS was calculated as approximately 1 ms and a 36% increase in extra-column broadening versus the FID occurred with the PFAIMS...
- Chiral ligand-exchange chromatography for diastereo-enantio separation of exametazime
Free University, Faculty of Sciences, Division of Chemistry, Bio Molecular Separations Group, De Boelelaan 1083, 1081 HV, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Pharm Biomed Anal 32:1159-66. 2003
..This means that the proposed chiral ligand-exchange chromatography (CLEC) can be used for determination of the isomeric purity of HM-PAO. This as an alternative method for resolution measurements with chiral columns...
- Comparative biotransformation and disposition studies of nabumetone in humans and minipigs using high-performance liquid chromatography with ultraviolet, fluorescence and mass spectrometric detection
Institute of Experimental Biopharmaceutics, Joint Research Center of PRO MED CS Praha a s and Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Heyrovského 1207, CZ 500 03 Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
J Pharm Biomed Anal 32:641-56. 2003
..The concentration levels of nabumetone metabolites in urine, bile and synovial fluid were also evaluated...
- Determination of nabumetone in pharmaceutical formulation by flow injection analysis (FIA) with UV-detection
N O Can
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Anadolu University, Eskisehir, Turkey
Pharmazie 58:22-4. 2003
..4 x 10(-7) and 1.3 x 10(-6) M, respectively. The effects of the tablet excipients were insignificant at the 95% probability level. The calculated tablet content was 99% which is agreement with the ranges stated by pharmacopoeias...
- Characteristics and mechanism of formation of peroxide-induced heme to protein cross-linking in myoglobin
Brandon J Reeder
Department of Biological Sciences, Central Campus, University of Essex, Wivenhoe Park, Colchester, Essex CO4 3SQ, United Kingdom
Biochemistry 41:367-75. 2002
..g., therapy for rhabdomyolysis-associated renal dysfunction...
- Performance of a fungal biofilter treating gas-phase solvent mixtures during intermittent loading
William M Moe
3418G CEBA Building, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA 70803, USA
Water Res 38:2258-67. 2004
..Results indicate that fungal biofilters can be an effective alternative to conventional abatement technologies for treating solvent contaminated off-gases even under discontinuous loading conditions...
- Effects of NSAIDs on cryoprobe-induced gastric ulcer healing in rats
Department of Medicine, Guy's, King's and St Thomas' Medical School, London, UK
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 15:2001-8. 2001
..CONCLUSIONS: Celecoxib and indometacin both decreased the epithelial proliferative response and delayed healing of cryoprobe-induced gastric ulcers. In contrast, nabumetone impaired ulcer healing only at very high doses...
- Relationship between 2,5-hexanedione concentrations in nerve, serum, and urine alone or under co-treatment with different doses of methyl ethyl ketone, acetone, and toluene
Department of Public Health and Hygiene, Oita Medical University, Japan
Neurochem Res 23:837-43. 1998
..6 mmol/kg co-treated solvent. These results show that SC can be used in estimating NC in the 2,5-HD alone or co-treated groups, and UC can be used in estimating SC in the 2,5-HD alone group...
- Purification and properties of two oxidoreductases catalyzing the enantioselective reduction of diacetyl and other diketones from baker's yeast
Technische Universitat Berlin, Fachbereich Lebensmitteltechnologie und Biotechnologie, Fachgebiet Chemisch technische Analyse
Eur J Biochem 188:165-74. 1990
..3 and 1.5 mM, respectively. Further characterization of the (S)-diacetyl reductase revealed that it is identical with the so-called '(S)-enzyme', involved in the enantioselective reduction of 3-, 4- and 5-oxo esters in baker's yeast...
- Breakthrough of methyethylketone and benzene vapors in activated carbon fiber beds
Zheng hong Huang
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, PR China
J Hazard Mater 98:107-15. 2003
..The breakthrough adsorption indicates that ACF, with an appropriate surface area, could be utilized in controlling volatile organic compounds (VOCs) in indoor air...
- Efficacy and safety of rofecoxib 12.5 mg versus nabumetone 1,000 mg in patients with osteoarthritis of the knee: a randomized controlled trial
Alan J Kivitz
Altoona Center for Clinical Research, Duncansville, Pennsylvania, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 52:666-74. 2004
..To evaluate the use of starting doses of rofecoxib and nabumetone in patients with osteoarthritis (OA) of the knee...
- C. elegans odour discrimination requires asymmetric diversity in olfactory neurons
P D Wes
Howard Hughs Medical Institute, Programs in Developmental Biology, Neuroscience, and Genetics, Department of Anatomy, The University of California, San Francisco, 94143 0452, USA
Nature 410:698-701. 2001
..We propose that odour discrimination can be achieved by segregating the detection of different odours into distinct olfactory neurons or into unique combinations of olfactory neurons...
- The loss of the chemical tanker Ievoli Sun in the English Channel, October 2000
Robin J Law
Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science, CEFAS Burnham Laboratory, Remembrance Avenue, Burnham on Crouch, Essex CM0 8HA, UK
Mar Pollut Bull 46:254-7. 2003
..The remainder of the styrene and the ship's main bunker fuel were recovered from the wreck on the seabed, whilst the two chemical solvents were released to the water column in a slow, controlled manner...
- The use of particle beam mass spectrometry for the measurement of impurities in a nabumetone drug substance, not easily amenable to atmospheric pressure ionisation techniques
J C Wolff
Analytical Sciences, SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals, Harlow CM19 5AW, UK
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 15:265-72. 2001
..By using 20 mg/mL solutions of nabumetone, impurities at levels of about 250 ppm mass fraction relative to nabumetone could be detected. Results were compared with LC/API-MS and previous GC/MS...
- Ocular hypotensive and vasodilative effects of two beta-adrenergic blockers with intrinsic sympathomimetic activity
S J Hong
Department of Pharmacology, Kaohsiung Medical College, Taiwan, ROC
Curr Eye Res 17:700-7. 1998
..The ocular hypotensive and vasodilative effects of vaninolol and eugenolol, two beta-adrenergic blockers with intrinsic sympathomimetic activity, were tested in rabbits and their pharmacologic mechanisms were also studied in vitro...
- Atmospheric chlorine chemistry in southeast Texas: impacts on ozone formation and control
Center for Energy and Environmental Resources, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78758, USA
Environ Sci Technol 40:251-62. 2006
..Chlorine emissions also influenced changes in ozone concentrations due to hydrocarbon and NOx emission controls...
- Pharmacological and metabolic interactions between ethanol and methyl n-butyl ketone, methyl isobutyl ketone, methyl ethyl ketone, or acetone in mice
, , , , Canada
Fundam Appl Toxicol 13:102-9. 1989
..It is concluded that enhancement of the ethanol-induced loss of righting reflex by these solvents in mice is well correlated to reduced elimination rate of ethanol...