Genomes and Genes
Summary: A commonly used laboratory solvent. It was previously used as an anesthetic, but was banned from use in the U.S. due to its suspected carcinogenicity.
Publications256 found, 100 shown here
- Single-step method of RNA isolation by acid guanidinium thiocyanate-phenol-chloroform extractionP Chomczynski
Anal Biochem 162:156-9. 1987A new method of total RNA isolation by a single extraction with an acid guanidinium thiocyanate-phenol-chloroform mixture is described. The method provides a pure preparation of undegraded RNA in high yield and can be completed within 4 h...
- The single-step method of RNA isolation by acid guanidinium thiocyanate-phenol-chloroform extraction: twenty-something years onPiotr Chomczynski
Molecular Research Center, 2600 Clifton Avenue, Cincinnati, Ohio 45221, USA
Nat Protoc 1:581-5. 2006..from DNA after extraction with an acidic solution containing guanidinium thiocyanate, sodium acetate, phenol and chloroform, followed by centrifugation...
- A simple stopped assay for fatty acid amide hydrolase avoiding the use of a chloroform extraction phaseLinda Boldrup
Department of Pharmacology and Clinical Neuroscience, Umea University, SE901 87 Umea, Sweden
J Biochem Biophys Methods 60:171-7. 2004..It is concluded that the acidic charcoal extraction method provides a robust and simple stopped assay for FAAH without the need to use potentially hazardous solvents like chloroform.
- Complete chloroform dechlorination by organochlorine respiration and fermentationMatthew Lee
Centre for Marine BioInnovation, School of Biotechnology and Biomolecular Science, University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW 2052, Australia
Environ Microbiol 14:883-94. 2012b>Chloroform (CF, CHCl(3)) is a recalcitrant and toxic environmental pollutant. In this communication we report for the first time a microbial community capable of complete CF dechlorination by metabolic processes...
- Computational toxicology of chloroform: reverse dosimetry using Bayesian inference, Markov chain Monte Carlo simulation, and human biomonitoring dataMichael A Lyons
Quantitative and Computational Toxicology Group, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523, USA
Environ Health Perspect 116:1040-6. 2008..One problem of interpreting population-based biomonitoring data is the reconstruction of corresponding external exposure in cases where no such data are available...
- Metabolism of chloroform in the human liver and identification of the competent P450sSimonetta Gemma
Biochemical Toxicology Unit, Comparative Toxicology and Ecotoxicology Laboratory, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
Drug Metab Dispos 31:266-74. 2003The oxidative and reductive cytochrome P450 (P450)-mediated chloroform bioactivation has been investigated in human liver microsomes (HLM), and the role of human P450s have been defined by integrating results from several experimental ..
- A large, voltage-dependent channel, isolated from mitochondria by water-free chloroform extractionEvgeny Pavlov
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Calgary, Alberta T2N 4N1, Canada
Biophys J 88:2614-25. 2005We examined ion channels derived from a chloroform extract of isolated, dehydrated rat liver mitochondria...
- Chloroform respiration to dichloromethane by a Dehalobacter populationAriel Grostern
Department of Chemical Engineering and Applied Chemistry, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada, M5S 3E5
Environ Microbiol 12:1053-60. 2010b>Chloroform (CF), or trichloromethane, is an ubiquitous environmental pollutant because of its widespread industrial use, historically poor disposal and recalcitrance to biodegradation...
- Cytotoxicity evaluation of gutta-percha solvents: Chloroform and GP-Solvent (limonene)La ongthong Vajrabhaya
Department of Operative Dentistry, Mahidol University Faculty of Dentistry, Bangkok, Thailand
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 98:756-9. 2004The purpose of this study was to compare the cytotoxicity of 2 gutta-percha solvents, chloroform and GP-Solvent, on cell line L929.
- One-day dietary restriction changes hepatic metabolism and potentiates the hepatotoxicity of carbon tetrachloride and chloroform in ratsLi Qiang Qin
Department of Nutrition and Food Hygiene, School of Radiation Medicine and Public Health, Soochow University, Suzhou, China
Tohoku J Exp Med 212:379-87. 2007..0 kcal), and observed the metabolic changes of hepatic cytochrome P450 2E1(CYP2E1) and the hepatotoxicity of chloroform (CHCl(3)) and carbon tetrachloride (CCl(4))...
- Isolation, fractionation and evaluation of the antiplasmodial properties of Phyllanthus niruri resident in its chloroform fractionObidike Ifeoma
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, National Institute for Pharmaceutical Research and Development, P M B 21, Abuja, Nigeria
Asian Pac J Trop Med 6:169-75. 2013..To investigate the antiplasmodial activity of Phyllanthus niruri (P. niruri) methanol extract (ME) and its fractions in mice...
- Inelastic electron interaction with chloroform clusters embedded in helium dropletsStephan Denifl
Institut für Ionenphysik and Angewandte Physik and Center for Molecular Biosciences Innsbruck, Leopold Franzens Universitat Innsbruck, Technikerstrasse 25, A 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
J Am Chem Soc 130:5065-71. 2008The inelastic electron interaction (ionization/attachment) with chloroform embedded in helium droplets has been studied utilizing a two-sector field mass spectrometer...
- The n-hexane and chloroform fractions of Piper betle L. trigger different arms of immune responses in BALB/c mice and exhibit antifilarial activity against human lymphatic filarid Brugia malayiMeghna Singh
Division of Parasitology, Central Drug Research Institute, P Box 173, Lucknow 226001, India
Int Immunopharmacol 9:716-28. 2009..present report describes the in vivo immunomodulatory efficacy of the crude methanolic extract and its n-hexane, chloroform, n-butanol fractions of the female plant at various dose levels ranging between 0.3 and 500 mg/kg in BALB/c...
- Antitrypanosomal effects of petroleum ether, chloroform and methanol extracts of Artemisia maciverae LinnA C Ene
Department of Biochemistry, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Nigeria
Indian J Exp Biol 47:981-6. 2009Petroleum ether, chloroform and methanol extracts of A. maciverae were studied in vitro and in vivo for activity against Trypanosoma brucei brucei in Swiss albino mice...
- Molecular-dynamics simulations of insertion of chemically modified DNA nanostructures into a water-chloroform interfaceJianping Lin
Division of Immunology, Beckman Research Institute of the City of Hope, Duarte, California 91010, USA
Biophys J 95:1099-107. 2008..of this study was to design a modified amphiphilic double crossover DNA molecule that would insert into a water-chloroform interface, thus showing an amphiphilic character...
- Adduction of the chloroform metabolite phosgene to lysine residues of human histone H2BLaura Fabrizi
Section on Clinical Pharmacology, Division of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College, Hammersmith Campus, Du Cane Road, London W12 0NN, UK
Chem Res Toxicol 16:266-75. 2003Human exposure to trihalomethanes such as chloroform has been associated with both cancer and reproductive toxicity...
- Application of an updated physiologically based pharmacokinetic model for chloroform to evaluate CYP2E1-mediated renal toxicity in rats and miceAlan F Sasso
National Center for Environmental Assessment, Office of Research and Development, U S Environmental Protection Agency, Washington, DC 20460, USA
Toxicol Sci 131:360-74. 2013..b>Chloroform (CHCl(3)) is a chemical for which there are PBPK models available in different species and multiple sites of ..
- General anesthetics have additive actions on three ligand gated ion channelsAndrew Jenkins
Department of Anesthesiology, Emory University School of Medicine, 1462 Clifton Rd NE Suite 420, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Anesth Analg 107:486-93. 2008....
- Antihyperglycaemic and antihyperlipidaemic effect of poly-constituents, in aqueous and chloroform extracts, of Withania coagulans Dunal in experimental type 2 diabetes mellitus in ratsQuaisul Hoda
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi, India
Hum Exp Toxicol 29:653-8. 2010..As per the principles of Indigenous System of Medicine, the combined use of aqueous and chloroform extracts of W coagulans fruits, containing multi-constituents, has been evaluated for the effect on blood ..
- In vitro modulation of HERG channels by organochlorine solvent trichlormethane as potential explanation for proarrhythmic effects of chloroformEberhard P Scholz
3rd Department of Internal Medicine Cardiology, Medical University Hospital Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 410, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Toxicol Lett 165:156-66. 2006Acute chloroform intoxication can cause depression of the central nervous system and may lead to death from lethal arrhythmias or respiratory arrest...
- Anaerobic biotransformation of high concentrations of chloroform by an enrichment culture and two bacterial isolatesHuifeng Shan
CH2MHILL, Atlanta, GA 30328, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 76:6463-9. 2010..designated DHM-1) was developed that is capable of cometabolically biotransforming high concentrations of chloroform (CF) to nontoxic end products. Two Pantoea spp...
- Antiulcer activity of the chloroform extract of Bauhinia purpurea leafElly Ezlinda Abdul Hisam
Faculty of Pharmacy, Universiti Teknologi MARA, Puncak Alam Campus, Bandar Puncak Alam, Selangor, Malaysia
Pharm Biol 50:1498-507. 2012..Fabaceae) is a native plant species of many Asian countries, including Malaysia and India. In India, the root, stem, bark, and leaf of B. purpurea are used to treat various ailments, including ulcers and stomach cancer...
- Evaluating nonpolarizable nucleic acid force fields: a systematic comparison of the nucleobases hydration free energies and chloroform-to-water partition coefficientsMaarten G Wolf
Computational Biomolecular Chemistry, Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry, Gottingen, Germany
J Comput Chem 33:2225-32. 2012..As a test for thermodynamic properties, we have computed hydration free energies and chloroform-to-water partition coefficients of nucleobases using the AMBER-99, AMBER-gaff, CHARMM-27, GROMOS-45a4/53a6 and ..
- Radiation induced decomposition of methyl tert-butyl ether in water in presence of chloroform: kinetic modellingAhmed A Basfar
Atomic Energy Research Institute, King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology, P O Box 6086, Riyadh 11442, Saudi Arabia
Water Res 39:2085-95. 2005The destruction of methyl tert-butylether (MTBE) in water in the presence of chloroform has been studied using 60Co gamma irradiation...
- The safety and effectiveness of a chloroform/methanol extract of Tripterygium wilfordii Hook F (T2) plus methotrexate in treating rheumatoid arthritisWen Zhang
Dpartment of Rheumatology, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, China
J Clin Rheumatol 16:375-8. 2010The objective of the study was to assess the safety and effectiveness of the chloroform/methanol extract of Tripterygium wilfordii Hook F (T2) plus methotrexate (MTX) in treating patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA).
- Predictors of personal air concentrations of chloroform among US adults in NHANES 1999-2000Anne M Riederer
Department of Environmental and Occupational Health, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Expo Sci Environ Epidemiol 19:248-59. 2009Volunteer studies suggest that showering/bathing with chlorinated tap water contributes to daily chloroform inhalation exposure for the majority of US adults...
- Microbial degradation of chloroformM Cappelletti
Department of Pharmacy and Biotechnology, University of Bologna, Italy
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 96:1395-409. 2012b>Chloroform (CF) is largely produced by both anthropogenic and natural sources. It is detected in ground and surface water sources and it represents the most abundant halocarbon in the atmosphere...
- Effects of isoflurane, halothane, and chloroform on the interactions and lateral organization of lipids in the liquid-ordered phaseSerhan Turkyilmaz
Department of Chemistry, Lehigh University, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania 18015, USA
Langmuir 27:14380-5. 2011..combination with Monte Carlo simulations, have been used to investigate the action of isoflurane, halothane, and chloroform on the compactness and lateral organization of cholesterol-rich bilayers of 1,2-dipalmitoyl-sn-glycero-3-..
- Chloroform in indoor swimming-pool air: monitoring and modeling coupled with the effects of environmental conditions and occupant activitiesH T Hsu
Department of Health Risk Management, China Medical University, No 91 Hsueh Shih Rd, Taichung, Taiwan
Water Res 43:3693-704. 2009Human exposure to chloroform in indoor swimming pools has been recognized as a potential health concern...
- Phospholipid complexation of general anesthetics in fluid bilayersSerhan Turkyilmaz
Department of Chemistry, Lehigh University, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania 18015, USA
Langmuir 26:5309-11. 2010..derived from 1,2-dipalmitoyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine (DPPC) in the presence of varying concentrations of chloroform. This analysis has yielded a fundamentally new, molecular-level view of the interaction of general anesthetics ..
- Evaluation of anti-inflammatory activity of chloroform extract of Bryonia laciniosa in experimental animal modelsMalaya Gupta
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Jadavpur University, Calcutta, India
Biol Pharm Bull 26:1342-4. 2003..In mice, carrageenan peritonitis test was performed for the extract by oral administration. The chloroform extract of Bryonia laciniosa (CEBL) exhibited significant anti-inflammatory effect at the dose 50, 100 and 200 ..
- Modulation of TRPC5 cation channels by halothane, chloroform and propofolY M Bahnasi
Faculty of Biological Sciences, Institute of Membrane and Systems Biology, University of Leeds, Leeds, UK
Br J Pharmacol 153:1505-12. 2008..g. Gd3+) and phospholipids (e.g. lysophosphatidylcholine: LPC). Here we report the effects of inhalational (halothane and chloroform) and intravenous (propofol) general anaesthetics upon TRPC5.
- Formation of hydrogen-bonded complexes between bile acids and lidocaine in the lidocaine transfer from an aqueous phase to chloroformMihalj Posa
Department of Pharmacy, Faculty of Medicine, University of Novi Sad, Hajduk Veljkova 3, 21000 Novi Sad, Serbia
Eur J Pharm Sci 34:281-92. 2008..the rate constant of the decrease of lidocaine concentration in the aqueous phase during its transfer to the chloroform solution of a bile acid...
- Determining the structure of α-phenylethyl isocyanide in chloroform by VCD spectroscopy and DFT calculations--simple case or challenge?Christian Merten
Fraunhofer Institute for Manufacturing Technology and Applied Materials Research IFAM, Wiener Strasse 12, 28359 Bremen, Germany
Phys Chem Chem Phys 12:11635-41. 2010..theoretical and experimental study of the vibrational circular dichroism of (S)-α-phenylethyl isocyanide in chloroform. The structure in solution is investigated systematically by density functional theory calculations starting ..
- Inclusion complexes of cryptophane-E with dichloromethane and chloroform: A thermodynamic and kinetic study using the 1D-EXSY NMR methodSahar Nikkhou Aski
Department of Physical, Inorganic and Structural Chemistry, Arrhenius Laboratory, Stockholm University, S 106 91 Stockholm, Sweden
Magn Reson Chem 46:1135-40. 2008Complexation equilibria and kinetics of exchange of chloroform and dichloromethane molecules between the cavity of cryptophane-E and bulk solution were investigated using NMR methods...
- Bioassay-guided fractionation and in vivo antiplasmodial effect of fractions of chloroform extract of Artemisia maciverae LinnA C Ene
Department of Biochemistry, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Nigeria
Acta Trop 112:288-94. 2009In the search for new plant-derived anti-malarial compounds, chromatographic fractions of chloroform extract of whole plants of Artemisia maciverae were tested in vivo using chloroquine resistant and chloroquine sensitive Plasmodium ..
- Antinociceptive effects of a chloroform extract and the alkaloid dicentrine isolated from fruits of Ocotea puberulaDeise Prehs Montrucchio
Departamento de Farmacia, Setor de Ciências da Saúde, Universidade Federal do Parana, Curitiba, PR, Brazil
Planta Med 78:1543-8. 2012The present work describes the chemical characterization of a chloroform fraction (CF) obtained from an extract of Ocotea puberula (Lauraceae) fruits, and preliminary antinociceptive analysis of CF and the alkaloid dicentrine, isolated ..
- Comparative quantification of sphingolipids and analogs in biological samples by high-performance liquid chromatography after chloroform extractionPaul Andréani
Institute for Immunology, Hannover Medical School, Carl Neuberg Str 1, 30625 Hanover, Germany
Anal Biochem 358:239-46. 2006..were efficiently isolated from biological samples such as cells, tissues, serum, plasma, and media by simple chloroform extraction...
- Halogen bonded complexes between volatile anaesthetics (chloroform, halothane, enflurane, isoflurane) and formaldehyde: a theoretical studyWiktor Zierkiewicz
Faculty of Chemistry, Wrocław University of Technology, Wybrzeze Wyspianskiego 27, 50 370 Wrocław, Poland
Phys Chem Chem Phys 13:5105-13. 2011The structures and intermolecular interactions in the halogen bonded complexes of anaesthetics (chloroform, halothane, enflurane and isoflurane) with formaldehyde were studied by ab initio MP2 and CCSD(T) methods...
- Influence of chloroform in liquid-ordered and liquid-disordered phases in lipid membranesRamon Reigada
Department of Physical Chemistry, Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
J Phys Chem B 115:2527-35. 2011Molecular dynamics simulations are used to study the influence of chloroform in two different lipid membranes: one representative of a liquid-disordered phase and another one mixed with cholesterol and representative of a liquid-ordered ..
- Riboflavin- and cobalamin-mediated biodegradation of chloroform in a methanogenic consortiumClaudia Guerrero-Barajas
Department of Chemical and Environmental Engineering, University of Arizona, P O Box 210011, Tucson, Arizona 85721 0011, USA
Biotechnol Bioeng 89:539-50. 2005b>Chloroform (CF) is an important priority pollutant contaminating groundwater. Reductive dechlorination by anaerobic microorganisms is a promising strategy towards the remediation of CF...
- Loosening and reorganization of fluid phospholipid bilayers by chloroformSerhan Turkyilmaz
Department of Chemistry, Lehigh University, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania 18015, USA
J Am Chem Soc 131:5068-9. 2009..Similar mixing experiments that were carried out in the presence of chloroform showed a leveling effect, where moderate sterol-phospholipid affinity was observed in all cases...
- Desorption behavior of carbon tetrachloride and chloroform in contaminated low organic carbon aquifer sedimentsRobert G Riley
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA 99354, United States
Chemosphere 79:807-13. 2010Slow release behavior of carbon tetrachloride (CCl(4)) and chloroform (CHCl(3)) in low organic carbon (<0.1%) deep aquifer sediments was quantified by 1-D column desorption studies with intact cores...
- Amelioration of oxygen and glucose deprivation-induced neuronal death by chloroform fraction of bay leaves (Laurus nobilis)Eun Young Cho
Natural Product Research Institute, College of Pharmacy, Seoul National University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 74:2029-35. 2010The purpose of this study was to determine whether the Laurus nobilis chloroform fraction (LNCF) protects against cerebral ischemia neuronal damage...
- Dissolving efficacy of eucalyptus and orange oil, xylol and chloroform solvents on different root canal sealersJ Martos
Department of Semiology and Clinic, Faculty of Dentistry, Federal University of Pelotas, Pelotas, RS, Brazil
Int Endod J 44:1024-8. 2011To evaluate the solubility of five root canal sealers in orange oil, eucalyptol, xylol and chloroform solvents.
- NMR investigation of guest-host complex between chloroform and cryptophane CZ Takacs
Department of Materials and Environmental Chemistry, Arrhenius Laboratory, Stockholm University, SE 106 91 Stockholm, Sweden
Magn Reson Chem 48:623-9. 2010Guest-host complex between cryptophane C, possessing two non-equivalent caps, and chloroform is investigated by NMR spectroscopy...
- Suppression of pulmonary host defenses and enhanced susceptibility to respiratory bacterial infection in mice following inhalation exposure to trichloroethylene and chloroformMaryJane K Selgrade
Office of Research and Development, National Health and Environmental Effects Research Laboratory, U S EPA, Research Triangle Park, NC, USA
J Immunotoxicol 7:350-6. 2010..Trichloroethylene (TCE) and chloroform are among 33 hazardous air pollutants identified by the U.S...
- Growth arrest and induction of apoptotic and non-apoptotic programmed cell death by, Physalis minima L. chloroform extract in human ovarian carcinoma Caov-3 cellsKheng Leong Ooi
School of Biological Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia, 11800 USM Penang, Malaysia
J Ethnopharmacol 128:92-9. 2010....
- A phenol-chloroform protocol for extracting DNA from ancient samplesRoss Barnett
Department of Archaeology, Durham University, South Road, Durham, DH1 3LE, UK
Methods Mol Biol 840:13-9. 2012..Here, we describe the phenol-chloroform method for extracting aDNA from any tissue type...
- Antinociceptive, anti-inflammatory and antipyretic effects of Solanum nigrum chloroform extract in animal modelsZainul Amiruddin Zakaria
Faculty of Biotechnology and Life Sciences, Universiti Industri Selangor, Jalan Zirkon A7 A, Seksyen 7, 40000 Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia
Yakugaku Zasshi 126:1171-8. 2006The present study was carried out to evaluate the antinociceptive, anti-inflammatory and antipyretic effects of chloroform extract of Solanum nigrum leaves using various animal models.
- Three-dimensional structure of (1-71)bacterioopsin solubilized in methanol/chloroform and SDS micelles determined by 15N-1H heteronuclear NMR spectroscopyK V Pervushin
Shemyakin and Ovchinnikov Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow
Eur J Biochem 219:571-83. 1994..fragment C2 (residues 1-71) of bacterioopsin from Halobacterium halobium, solubilized in a mixture of methanol/chloroform (1:1, by vol.) and 0...
- Antidiabetic and renoprotective effects of the chloroform extract of Terminalia chebula Retz. seeds in streptozotocin-induced diabetic ratsNalamolu Koteswara Rao
Pharmacology Division, GITAM Dental College, Visakhapatnam 530045, Andhra Pradesh, India
BMC Complement Altern Med 6:17. 2006..In the present investigation, the chloroform extract of T...
- Reverse dosimetry: interpreting trihalomethanes biomonitoring data using physiologically based pharmacokinetic modelingYu Mei Tan
CIIT Centers for Health Research, Center for Human Health Assessment, 6 Davis Drive, P O Box 12137, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709 2137, USA
J Expo Sci Environ Epidemiol 17:591-603. 2007..The present study used an existing PBPK model for chloroform as a generic framework to develop PBPK models for other trihalomethanes (THMs)...
- Analgesic, antipyretic, anti-inflammatory effects of methanol, chloroform and ether extracts of Vernonia cinerea less leafE O Iwalewa
Department of Pharmacology, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife, Nigeria
J Ethnopharmacol 86:229-34. 2003The chloroform, methanolic and ether extracts of Vernonia cinerea (Asteraceae; Less) leaf (100, 200 and 400mg/kg intraperitoneally) were tested in: acetic acid-induced writhing in mice, carrageenin-induced oedema and brewer's yeast-..
- Chloroform extract of deer antler inhibits osteoclast differentiation and bone resorptionYin Ji Li
Division of Molecular Life Sciences and Center for Cell Signaling Research, Ewha Womans University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
J Ethnopharmacol 113:191-8. 2007..b>Chloroform extract (CE-C) of deer antler inhibited osteoclast differentiation in mouse bone marrow cultures stimulated by ..
- Sperm motility inhibitory effect of the benzene chromatographic fraction of the chloroform extract of the seeds of Carica papaya in langur monkey, Presbytis entellus entellusNirmal K Lohiya
Centre for Advanced Studies, Department of Zoology, University of Rajasthan, Jaipur, India
Asian J Androl 10:298-306. 2008To assess the contraceptive efficacy of the benzene chromatographic fraction of the chloroform extract of the seeds of Carica papaya in langur monkeys.
- Saturation mutagenesis of toluene ortho-monooxygenase of Burkholderia cepacia G4 for Enhanced 1-naphthol synthesis and chloroform degradationLingyun Rui
Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Connecticut, Storrs, 06269 3222, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 70:3246-52. 2004..was performed at position A106 with Escherichia coli TG1/pBS(Kan)TOMV106A to improve TOM activity for both chloroform degradation and naphthalene oxidation...
- The antimicrobial effect of chloroform on Enterococcus faecalis after gutta-percha removalScott W Edgar
Department of Endodontology, Oregon Health Science University, Portland, Oregon 97201, USA
J Endod 32:1185-7. 2006The purpose of this in vitro study was to evaluate the antimicrobial effectiveness of chloroform on Enterococcus faecalis when used as a gutta-percha solvent during endodontic retreatment...
- Mutagenicity of carbon tetrachloride and chloroform in Salmonella typhimurium TA98, TA100, TA1535, and TA1537, and Escherichia coli WP2uvrA/pKM101 and WP2/pKM101, using a gas exposure methodAkihiro Araki
Mutagenicity Test Division, Japan Bioassay Research Center, Japan Industrial Safety and Health Association, Hadano, Kanagawa, Japan
Environ Mol Mutagen 43:128-33. 2004The volatile solvents carbon tetrachloride and chloroform are carcinogens that are often reported as nonmutagenic in bacterial mutagenicity assays...
- Effectiveness of rotary and hand files in gutta-percha and sealer removal using chloroform or chlorhexidine gelCarlos Eduardo da Silveira Bueno
Department of Endodontics, Pontifical Catholic University of Campinas, Campinas, SP, Brazil
Braz Dent J 17:139-43. 2006..K3 rotary files and hand files for removal of gutta-percha and sealer from obturated root canals using either chloroform or chlorhexidine as solvents...
- Hepatoprotection by dimethyl sulfoxide. I. Protection when given twenty-four hours after chloroform or bromobenzeneR C Lind
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, College of Pharmacy, University of Arizona, Tucson 85721, USA
Toxicol Pathol 27:342-7. 1999Dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO) has previously been reported to protect against hepatotoxicity resulting from chloroform (CHCl3) or bromobenzene (BB) when given 10 hr after the toxicant...
- Singlet oxygen production upon two-photon excitation of TiO2 in chloroformWenbing Li
Department of Chemistry, Jackson State University, 1400 J R Lynch Street, Jackson, MS 39217, USA
Chemphyschem 10:1789-93. 2009..By employing (1)O(2) as a probe, we have established an efficient and simple method to elucidate the nature of TiO(2) photoexcitation...
- Chloroform, carbon tetrachloride and glutathione depletion induce secondary genotoxicity in liver cells via oxidative stressEmma J Beddowes
School of Biosciences, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, UK
Toxicology 187:101-15. 2003..b>Chloroform and carbon tetrachloride are rodent carcinogens with characteristics as described above...
- Antagonism of inhalant and volatile anesthetic enhancement of glycine receptor functionM J Beckstead
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
J Biol Chem 276:24959-64. 2001..curves of the volatile anesthetic enflurane constructed in the presence and absence of ethanol, chloroform, or toluene were consistent with competition for a common binding pocket on these receptors...
- Effect of chloroform on dichloroacetic acid and trichloroacetic acid-induced hypomethylation and expression of the c-myc gene and on their promotion of liver and kidney tumors in miceM A Pereira
Department of Pathology, Medical College of Ohio, Toledo, OH 43614, USA
Carcinogenesis 22:1511-9. 2001b>Chloroform, dichloroacetic acid (DCA) and trichloroacetic acid (TCA) are mouse liver carcinogens that are chlorine disinfection by-products found in drinking water...
- Chloroform extract of Carica papaya seeds induces long-term reversible azoospermia in langur monkeyN K Lohiya
Department of Zoology, University of Rajasthan, Jaipur, India
Asian J Androl 4:17-26. 2002To evaluate the antifertility activity of the chloroform extract of Carica papaya seeds by oral administration in langur monkey, Presbytis entellus entellus.
- Apoptotic effects of Physalis minima L. chloroform extract in human breast carcinoma T-47D cells mediated by c-myc-, p53-, and caspase-3-dependent pathwaysKheng Leong Ooi
School of Biological Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Penang, Malaysia
Integr Cancer Ther 9:73-83. 2010The chloroform extract of Physalis minima produced a significant growth inhibition against human T-47D breast carcinoma cells as compared with other extracts with an EC(50) value of 3.8 microg/mL...
- Time dependence of chloroform-induced metabolic alterations in the liver and kidney of B6C3F1 miceS Rossi
Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Comparative Toxicology and Ecotoxicology Laboratory, Viale Regina Elena 299 00161, Rome, Italy
Arch Toxicol 73:387-93. 1999..In the liver no biochemical changes were produced up to a week after chloroform treatment...
- The relationship between water concentrations and individual uptake of chloroform: a simulation studyHeather J Whitaker
Small Area Health Statistics Unit, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Imperial College, London, United Kingdom
Environ Health Perspect 111:688-94. 2003We simulated the relationship between water chloroform concentrations and chloroform uptake in pregnant women to assess the potential extent of exposure measurement error in epidemiologic studies of the health effects of exposure to water ..
- A comparison of the effectiveness of chloroform and eucalyptus oil in dissolving root canal sealersEdgar Schafer
Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat Munster, Munster, Germany
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 93:611-6. 2002The solubility of 8 different root canal sealers in chloroform and in eucalyptus oil was compared.
- Dose-dependent liver tissue repair after chloroform plus trichloroethylene binary mixtureSathanandam S Anand
Department of Toxicology, School of Pharmacy, The University of Louisiana at Monroe, LA 71209, USA
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 96:436-44. 2005The aim of the present study was to investigate the hypothesis that liver tissue repair induced by exposure to chloroform (CHCl(3))+trichloroethylene binary mixture (BM) is dose-dependent similar to that elicited by exposure to these ..
- Comparative efficacy and immunogenicity of Q fever chloroform:methanol residue (CMR) and phase I cellular (Q-Vax) vaccines in cynomolgus monkeys challenged by aerosolDavid M Waag
Pathogenesis and Immunology Branch, Bacteriology Division, United States Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases, Fort Detrick, Frederick, MD 21702 5011, USA
Vaccine 20:2623-34. 2002Preliminary evidence gathered in rodents and livestock suggested that a phase I chloroform:methanol residue (CMR) extracted vaccine was safe and efficacious in protecting these animals from challenge with the obligate phagolysosomal ..
- DNA extraction and quantitation of forensic samples using the phenol-chloroform method and real-time PCRSilvano Köchl
Institute of Legal Medicine, University of Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
Methods Mol Biol 297:13-30. 2005..The phenol-chloroform method is a sensitive method for the extraction of DNA from a wide variety of forensic samples, although it is ..
- Construction of recombinant Nitrosomonas europaea expressing green fluorescent protein in response to co-oxidation of chloroformBarbara O Gvakharia
Department of Botany and Plant Pathology, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR 97331, USA
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 82:1179-85. 2009..europaea in response to oxidation of chloroform and chloromethane. In N...
- Physiologically based pharmacokinetic modeling of the temperature-dependent dermal absorption of chloroform by humans following bath water exposuresR A Corley
Battelle Memorial Institute, Pacific Northwest Division, Chemical Dosimetry, Richland, Washington 99352, USA
Toxicol Sci 53:13-23. 2000The kinetics of chloroform in the exhaled breath of human volunteers exposed skin-only via bath water (concentrations < 100 ppb) were analyzed using a physiologically based pharmacokinetic (PBPK) model...
- Reduced mitochondrial membrane potential and metabolism correspond to acute chloroform toxicity of in vitro hepatocytesSean Hartig
Vanderbilt University, Department of Chemical Engineering, VU Station B, Box 351604, 2301 Vanderbilt Place, Nashville, TN 37235 1604, USA
J Appl Toxicol 25:310-7. 2005b>Chloroform is a non-genotoxic compound that is present in drinking water and ambient air as a result of water chlorination but whose carcinogenic mechanism in humans is unknown...
- Evaluation of chloroform/methanol extraction to facilitate the study of membrane proteins of non-model plantsAnnelies Vertommen
Division of Crop Biotechnics, Department of Biosystems, K U Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Planta 231:1113-25. 2010..In this study, protein extraction in a mixture of chloroform and methanol in combination with gel electrophoresis is evaluated as a method to study membrane proteins in non-..
- Removal of chloroform from biodegradable therapeutic microspheres by radiolysisS W Zielhuis
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University Medical Center, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Int J Pharm 315:67-74. 2006..microspheres are loaded with holmium acetylacetonate (HoAcAc) and prepared by a solvent evaporation method using chloroform. After preparation the microspheres (Ho-PLLA-MS) are activated by neutron irradiation in a nuclear reactor...
- RNA extraction from various recalcitrant plant tissues with a cethyltrimethylammonium bromide-containing buffer followed by an acid guanidium thiocyanate-phenol-chloroform treatmentYuji Suzuki
Laboratory of Plant Environmental Responses, Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 72:1951-3. 2008..using a cethyltrimethylammonium bromide-containing buffer followed by an acid guanidium thiocyanate-phenol-chloroform treatment from recalcitrant plant tissues such as tree leaves (pine, Norway spruce, ginkgo, Japanese cedar, rose)..
- Foldamer dynamics expressed via Markov state models. I. Explicit solvent molecular-dynamics simulations in acetonitrile, chloroform, methanol, and waterSidney P Elmer
Department of Chemistry, Stanford University, California 94305 5080, USA
J Chem Phys 123:114902. 2005..polyphenylacetylene (pPA) 12-mer in explicit solvent for four common organic and aqueous solvents: acetonitrile, chloroform, methanol, and water. The solvent quality has a dramatic effect on the time scales in which pPA 12-mers fold...
- Cation dependence of chloride ion complexation by open-chained receptor molecules in chloroform solutionRobert Pajewski
Department of Chemistry, Washington University, 1 Brookings Drive, St Louis, Missouri 63130, USA
J Am Chem Soc 127:18281-95. 2005..Significant differences are apparent in complexation strengths when the heptapeptide chain is shortened or lengthened or when the relative position of proline within the heptapeptide is varied...
- A case of acute toxic hepatitis after suicidal chloroform and dichloromethane ingestionHoon Kim
Department of Emergency Medicine, College of Medicine, Chungbuk National University, Chungbuk 361 763, South Korea
Am J Emerg Med 26:1073.e3-6. 2008b>Chloroform and dichloromethane are halogenated hydrocarbons that have been used as a potent anesthetic agent or a general industrial solvent...
- Protective effect of a 43 kD protein from the leaves of the herb, Cajanus indicus L on chloroform induced hepatic-disorderAyantika Ghosh
Department of Chemistry, Bose Institute, 93 1, Acharya Prafulla Chandra Road, Kolkata 700009, India
J Biochem Mol Biol 39:197-207. 2006..Present study aimed to evaluate the effect of a 43 kD protein isolated from the leaves of this herb against chloroform induced hepatotoxicity...
- Probabilistic human health risk assessment for quarterly exposure to high chloroform concentrations in drinking-water distribution network of the Province of Quebec, CanadaStephane Buteau
Institut National de Sante Publique du Quebec, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Toxicol Environ Health A 73:1626-44. 2010..The resulting absorbed doses were compared to short-term reference values for chloroform, used as surrogate for THM, by calculating risk quotients (RQ)...
- A comparison of carbon and nitrogen stable isotope ratios of fish tissues following lipid extractions with non-polar and traditional chloroform/methanol solvent systemsJohn M Logan
Large Pelagics Research Center, Zoology Department, University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH 03824, USA
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 22:1081-6. 2008..1-12.5). In order to compare delta(13)C and delta(15)N values from traditional chloroform/methanol extractions with non-polar solvent alternatives, we analyzed samples following (1) no treatment, (2) ..
- Bayesian estimation of pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic parameters in a mode-of-action-based cancer risk assessment for chloroformKai H Liao
Center for Human Health Assessment, The Hamner Institutes for Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Risk Anal 27:1535-51. 2007b>Chloroform is a carcinogen in rodents and its carcinogenicity is secondary to events associated with cytotoxicity and regenerative cell proliferation...
- Adaptive tolerance in mice upon subchronic exposure to chloroform: Increased exhalation and target tissue regenerationSathanandam S Anand
Department of Toxicology, College of Pharmacy, The University of Louisiana at Monroe, 700 University Avenue, Sugar Hall 306, Monroe, LA 71209 0495, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 213:267-81. 2006The aims of the present study were to characterize the subchronic toxicity of chloroform by measuring tissue injury, repair, and distribution of chloroform and to assess the reasons for the development of tolerance to subchronic ..
- Mechanisms of chloroform-induced hepatotoxicity: oxidative stress and mitochondrial permeability transition in freshly isolated mouse hepatocytesAngela S Burke
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, Arkansas 72205, USA
J Toxicol Environ Health A 70:1936-45. 2007The role of mitochondrial permeability transition (MPT) and oxidative stress in chloroform toxicity was determined in freshly isolated female B6C3F1 mouse hepatocytes...
- HPLC and anti-inflammatory studies of the flavonoid rich chloroform extract fraction of Orthosiphon stamineus leavesMun Fei Yam
School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia, 11800 Minden, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
Molecules 15:4452-66. 2010..Active chloroform extract of O. stamineus was fractionated into three fractions using a dry flash column chromatography method...
- A protocol for combined delipidation and subfractionation of membrane proteins using organic solventsBernd Schröder
Institute of Physiological Chemistry, Philipps University Marburg, 35033 Marburg, Germany
Anal Biochem 357:144-6. 2006
- Global transcriptional response of Nitrosomonas europaea to chloroform and chloromethaneBarbara O Gvakharia
Department of Botany and Plant Pathology, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR 97331, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 73:3440-5. 2007Upon exposure of Nitrosomonas europaea to chloroform (7 microM, 1 h), transcripts for 175 of 2,460 genes were found at higher levels in treated cells than in untreated cells and transcripts for 501 genes were found at lower levels...
- Diagnostic radiopacity and hepatotoxicity following chloroform ingestion: a case reportS H Choi
Department of Emergency Medicine, College of Medicine, Korea University, Seoul, Korea
Emerg Med J 23:394-5. 2006..Diagnostic imaging can help in the management of toxicologic emergencies. The authors report on a patient who presented to the emergency department with coma and suppressed respirations after ingestion of an unknown substance...
- The metabolic rate constants and specific activity of human and rat hepatic cytochrome P-450 2E1 toward toluene and chloroformJohn C Lipscomb
U S Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Research and Development, National Center for Environmental Assessment, Cincinnati, OH 45268, USA
J Toxicol Environ Health A 67:537-53. 2004b>Chloroform (CHCl3) is a near-ubiquitous environmental contaminant, a by-product of the disinfection of drinking water sources and a commercially important compound...
- Biologically motivated computational modeling of chloroform cytolethality and regenerative cellular proliferationYu Mei Tan
CIIT Centers for Health Research, 6 Davis Drive, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Toxicol Sci 75:192-200. 2003b>Chloroform is a nongenotoxic-cytotoxic carcinogen in rodents. As such, events related to cytotoxicity are the driving force for cancer induction...
- Chloroform: exposure estimation, hazard characterization, and exposure-response analysisM E Meek
Existing Substances Division, Environmental Health Directorate, Health Canada, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
J Toxicol Environ Health B Crit Rev 5:283-334. 2002b>Chloroform has been assessed as a Priority Substance under the Canadian Environmental Protection Act...
- Glutathione S-transferase-mediated mutagenicity of trihalomethanes in Salmonella typhimurium: contrasting results with bromodichloromethane off chloroformR A Pegram
Experimental Toxicology Division, U S Environmental Protection Agency, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27711, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 144:183-8. 1997..Among the THMs, chloroform (CHCl3) generally occurs at the highest concentration in finished water, but the concentrations of each of the ..
- Binding of the volatile anesthetic chloroform to albumin demonstrated using tryptophan fluorescence quenchingJ S Johansson
Department of Anesthesia and the Johnson Research Foundation, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 272:17961-5. 1997..intrinsic protein fluorescence quenching approach to monitor anesthetic-protein complexation is reported using chloroform. Chloroform quenches the steady-state tryptophan fluorescence of bovine serum albumin (BSA) in a concentration-..
- Tissue repair plays pivotal role in final outcome of liver injury following chloroform and allyl alcohol binary mixtureSathanandam S Anand
Department of Toxicology, School of Pharmacy, The University of Louisiana at Monroe, Monroe, LA 71209, USA
Food Chem Toxicol 41:1123-32. 2003The objective of this study was to evaluate the interaction profile of chloroform (CHCl(3))+allyl alcohol (AA) binary mixture (BM)-induced acute hepatotoxic response...
- Metabolism of chloroform by cytochrome P450 2E1 is required for induction of toxicity in the liver, kidney, and nose of male miceA A Constan
Chemical Industry Institute of Toxicology, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, 27709 2137, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 160:120-6. 1999b>Chloroform is a nongenotoxic-cytotoxic liver and kidney carcinogen and nasal toxicant in some strains and sexes of rodents...
- A simple and efficient Triton X-100 boiling and chloroform extraction method of RNA isolation from Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteriaKidon Sung
US Food and Drug Administration, National Center for Toxicological Research, Division of Microbiology, 3900 NCTR Road, Jefferson, AR 72079, USA
FEMS Microbiol Lett 229:97-101. 2003..The method provides a rapid, reliable, and simple tool for the isolation of good quality RNA suitable for various molecular biology experiments...
- In vitro assessment of the effect of halogenated hydrocarbons: chloroform, dichloromethane, and dibromoethane on embryonic development of the ratP D Brown-Woodman
Department of Biochemical Sciences, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Sydney, Lidcombe, N S W, Australia
Teratology 57:321-33. 1998..In the present study three of these solvents--chloroform, dichloromethane, and dibromoethane--were examined for embryotoxic/teratogenic potential using rat embryo ..
- Genome-wide measurement of bacterial transcriptional regulatory statesPeter L Freddolino; Fiscal Year: 2013..lysates, using the fact that these complexes partition to the organic-aqueous interphase during phenol-chloroform extraction. High throughput sequencing is used to reveal the locations of DNA-bound TFs...
- Production of Pilot Scale Libraries of Marine Natural ProductsAmy E Wright; Fiscal Year: 2012..All compounds provided will meet the MLSMR's criteria of 10 mg, >90% purity and solubility in either chloroform:methanol 9:1 or DMSO...
- SBIR TOPIC 257, "INSTRUMENTS AND DEVICES THAT PRESERVE MOLECULAR PROFILES IN TUMGeorge Jackson; Fiscal Year: 2009..the technology by integrating it with currently available processing methods like guanidinium thiocyanate-phenol-chloroform (TRIzol) extraction of RNA/DNA...
- CARBOHYDRATE-CONTAINING MACROMOLECULES IN AGING BRAINERIC BRUNNGRABER; Fiscal Year: 1980..Human brain tissue from neurological normal human patients are extracted with chloroform-methanol or tetrahydrofuran to recover the gangliosides...
- PROTON TRANSLOCATING SECTOR OF E COLI H+ ATPASEROBERT FILLINGAME; Fiscal Year: 2003..We have shown that subunit c folds in a chloroform-methanol-H2O solvent much like it is predicted to fold in situ...
- TRICHLOROETHYLENE BAIT-AND-SWITCH IMMUNOASSAYRobert Carlson; Fiscal Year: 2002The halogenated solvents, which include vinyl chloride, trichloroethylene,1,2 dichloroethane and chloroform, are a significant source of contamination at Superfund Sites...
- TRICHLOROETHYLENE CAPTURE IMMUNOASSAYRobert Carlson; Fiscal Year: 2003..applicant): The halogenated solvents, which include vinyl chloride, trichloroethylene, 1,2-dichloroethane and chloroform, are a significant source of contamination at Superfund Sites...
- Innovative molecular cytogenetic techniques for early leukemia/lymphoma detectionJOE LUCAS; Fiscal Year: 2005..The method includes subtracting hybridized biotin-labeled repetitive-sequence DNA complex with phenol and chloroform and a second subtraction using avidin labeled magnetic beads...
- PNEUMOCOCCAL CELL SURFACE PROTECTION ELICITING MOLECULESLARRY MCDANIEL; Fiscal Year: 1991..Pretreating the CWE with pronase or chloroform- butanol extracting prior to immunization eliminated its ability to elicit protection, thus indicating that the ..
- ETHANOL AND THE STRUCTURE/FUNCTION OF CELL MEMBRANESNathan Janes; Fiscal Year: 2003..transfer protein (PITP) is enhanced by the presence of clinical concentrations of ethanol or chloroform. We found that PITP activity is exquisitely sensitive to membrane structure (curvature) in ethanol's absence-..
- Manufacture and Supply of Hyperpolarized Chloroform for Use as an NMR SolventNEAL KALECHOFSKY; Fiscal Year: 2009..It is a scalable approach that works on all non zero spin nuclei--in particular, chloroform and other liquids commonly used as solvents in NMR experiments and/or to mimic certain in vivo conditions so as ..
- HEPATOPROTECTIVE MECHANISMS OF DMSOA Gandolfi; Fiscal Year: 1999..preliminary studies, DMSO has been shown to reverse the hepatotoxicity produced by halothane, bromobenzene, and chloroform when administered up to 24 hr after the toxicant exposure...
- Safe Alternative Solvents for Antibiotics ExtractionJennifer Clark; Fiscal Year: 2001..The solvents used for penicillin extraction include methyl isobutyl ketone, amyl acetate, butyl acetate, and chloroform. These solvents are toxic, irritants, volatile, and extremely flammable...
- Novel Herbal Medicine for the Treatment of Prostate CancerCHENDIL DAMODARAN; Fiscal Year: 2009..Earlier, we reported that the chloroform fraction of Rasagenthi Lehyam (cRL), an herbal preparation, is effective for the treatment of PCa (Ranga et al...
- Trihalomethane Pharmacokinetics and PharmacodynamicsMATTHEW ROSS; Fiscal Year: 2003..While some progress has been made with chloroform (CHCl3), human data fro brominated THMs (BrTHMs) is nonexistent...
- TOXIC LIVER INJURY: CA2+, PLA2, PROTEASES & EICONSANOIDSERIC GLENDE; Fiscal Year: 1993..and other agents known to alter calcium homeostasis and stimulate PLA2 activity including bromotrichloromethane, chloroform, and vinylidene chloride...
- BILE SALT SYSTEMS--INTERACTIONS AND CATALYSISEMORY ADAMS; Fiscal Year: 1980..The interaction of esters of bile acids with cholesterol in chloroform solutions will be studied by vapor pressure osmometry; from studies of this kind, we can determine what type of ..
- Primordial germ cell development in C elegansINGRID D AGOSTINO; Fiscal Year: 2003..mRNAs that bind to PIE-1 should co-IP, and can then be isolated by phenol/chloroform extraction...
- AGE-RELATED CHANGES IN COLLAGEN AND HYALURONIC ACIDEIJI FUJIMORI; Fiscal Year: 1980..Hyaluronic acid (HA) from rooster comb, after chloroform treatment to remove proteins, exhibited no detectable UV absorption, but was degraded by UV (254nm) light, ..
- HYDROPHOBIC SELF-ASSEMBLYLyle Isaacs; Fiscal Year: 2005..non-covalent interaction in water, much as hydrogen bonds and metal-ligand interactions are now used in chloroform. We work with a model system that comprises a series of water soluble self-complementary facial amphiphiles and ..
- THE ROLE OF SULFATIDES IN ALZHEIMER'S DISEASEXianlin Han; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Mechanisms of prostate cancer prevention by lycopeneRichard van Breemen; Fiscal Year: 2007..These human studies will provide vital information for the design of future clinical trials investigating the chemoprevention of prostate cancer by lycopene. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mechanisms Causing Cryptorchidism and Fetal Transformation of Testicular CellsD N Rao Veeramachaneni; Fiscal Year: 2007..Results will clarify the interaction of genetics and EDAs as cause of cryptorchidism. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Light activated bioactive substrate releaseRICHARD GIVENS; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Combined Chemoprevention Using a Nanotechnology-based Therapeutic SystemSunil Prabhu; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- LIPID METABOLISM IN FAT CELLSWen Guo; Fiscal Year: 2010..Together, these studies will provide new insights into the stress-induced regulation of lipogenesis in adipocytes, a potentially important avenue for modulating energy balance. ..
- Centrifugal Precipitation Chromatography for BiotechnologyMartha Knight; Fiscal Year: 2008..New manufacturing techniques will be applied to make an improved instrument for introduction on the market. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Antimicrobial Lipids within the Oral CavityPHILIP WESLEY WERTZ; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- GLYCOSIDASES AS RELATED TO SPHINGOLIPIDOSESYu Teh Li; Fiscal Year: 2008..Our ultimate goal is to produce recombinant enzymes and make these biomedically useful glycosidases available to investigators in various fields. ..
- Smokers and PREPs: Measurement of Inhaled and Exhaled Tobacco Smoke ParticulateSydney Gordon; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Investigating the Molecular Mechanism of Hexose-induced Stress in Lens and RetinaPeter F Kador; Fiscal Year: 2010..Moreover, these studies should help identify new drug targets for the treatment of these diabetic complications. ..
- Chemical Models of Protein beta-Sheet InteractionsJames Nowick; Fiscal Year: 2009..These insights and new compounds may eventually pave the way to new drugs to treat diseases and improve human health. ..
- GABA(A) Receptor Modulation via the beta subunitAndrew Jenkins; Fiscal Year: 2010..Finally, it is hoped that the characterization of the new modulatory binding site will provide us with a new target for treating neuropsychiatric diseases. ..
- Multifunctional Antioxidants as Anti-Cataract AgentsPeter Kador; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Fetal Basis of Sexual Dysfunction: Brain DifferentiationD N Rao Veeramachaneni; Fiscal Year: 2007..By using a relevant and yet practical animal model the proposed studies will advance the knowledge base in pollutant-induced sexual/erectile dysfunction, an area pivotal to reproductive health/success in humans. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- HPLC time-of-flight mass spectrometer for accurate mass measurementsRichard van Breemen; Fiscal Year: 2007..to natural product chemists and synthetic organic chemists in the user community who rely upon rapid analyses of their compounds in order to advance with their NIH-funded research programs [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- EXERCISE, LIPOLYSIS AND FAT OXIDATIONRobert Wolfe; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- PHOTOCHEMISTRY OF HUMAN RETINAL LIPOFUSCINELIZABETH GAILLARD; Fiscal Year: 2002..Information from these studies may allow for the development of protocols to slow down or stop the processes that lead to irreversible damage to the human retina ..
- MUSCLE PROTEIN METABOLISM AND NUTRITION IN THE ELDERLYRobert Wolfe; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies will provide the metabolic basis for the formulation of a nutritional supplement that should optimally stimulate net muscle protein synthesis. ..
- MATRIX-ASSISTED LASER DESORPTION TOF MASS SPECTROMETERRichard van Breemen; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- 600 MHZ NMR SPECTROMETERMark Girvin; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- PHYSICAL MECHANISMS OF TISSUE DAMAGE IN SWLJames McAteer; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Structure of the Glycine Receptor's Alcohol Binding SiteINGRID LOBO; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- The Bioavilaibility of Folate in HumansRichard van Breemen; Fiscal Year: 2004..Our new LC-MS-MS assay and the use of 13C-labeled folate species will provide new and more detailed information on the uptake, metabolism, and bioavailability of folates than has been possible previously. ..
- 2D-HPLC-Tandem Mass Spectrometer for ProteomicsRichard van Breemen; Fiscal Year: 2005..Overall, the proposed 2D mu LC-MS/MS instrument will complement the existing proteomics resources on campus and will enhance the current research of NIH-funded users by providing analytical capabilities currently unavailable on campus. ..
- Dermatopharmacokinetics: In Vivo Analysis of SolventsKarla Thrall; Fiscal Year: 2005..To evaluate the kinetics and dermal bioavailability of ethylbenzene, styrene, and toluene vapor using F344 rats. ..
- Non-Enzymatic Cell Lysis/Protein Digestion ProteomicsFranco Basile; Fiscal Year: 2005..Advantages anticipated from these studies include the ability to perform high throughput sample preparation for proteomic measurements and its direct effect on the rapid diagnosis of microbial related diseases. ..
- Structure and regulation of the ATP synthaseDavid Mueller; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Anesthetic Binding Sites on Three-Helix Bundle ProteinsJonas Johansson; Fiscal Year: 2006..A precise structural description of the anesthetic binding site on this model system will allow a focused search of the Protein Data Bank for potential binding sites on existing- and future entries. ..
- STUDIES OF ADULT BRAIN NEUROPOIESISDennis Steindler; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Altering Fate of Hematopoietic and Neural Stem CellsDennis Steindler; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Amino Acids and Muscle Protein SynthesisRobert Wolfe; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- 2006 Drinking Water Disinection By-Product (DBP) Gordon ConferenceSusan Richardson; Fiscal Year: 2006..Issues to be covered include new reproductive/developmental toxicological issues, human exposure, chemistry of formation, and remaining cancer issues. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- EXERCISE EFFECTS ON PROTEIN METABOLISMRobert Wolfe; Fiscal Year: 2002..The results of this study will also contribute to our understanding of the mechanism whereby nutritional intake affects muscle protein metabolism. ..