Genomes and Genes
Summary: A second generation selective estrogen receptor modulator (SERM) used to prevent osteoporosis in postmenopausal women. It has estrogen agonist effects on bone and cholesterol metabolism but behaves as a complete estrogen antagonist on mammary gland and uterine tissue.
Publications307 found, 100 shown here
- Effects of the selective estrogen receptor modulator raloxifene on coronary outcomes in the Raloxifene Use for The Heart trial: results of subgroup analyses by age and other factorsPeter Collins
Department of Cardiology, Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Trust and NHLI, Imperial College London, Sydney Street, London, UK
Circulation 119:922-30. 2009The Raloxifene Use for The Heart (RUTH) trial showed that raloxifene, a selective estrogen receptor modulator, had no overall effect on the incidence of coronary events in women with established coronary heart disease or coronary heart ..
- American society of clinical oncology clinical practice guideline update on the use of pharmacologic interventions including tamoxifen, raloxifene, and aromatase inhibition for breast cancer risk reductionKala Visvanathan
Cancer Policy and Clinical Affairs, 2318 Mill Rd, Suite 800, Alexandria, VA 22314, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:3235-58. 2009..Vascular and vasomotor events do not persist post-treatment across all ages. In postmenopausal women, raloxifene and tamoxifen reduce the risk of ER-positive invasive BC with equal efficacy...
- Update of the National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project Study of Tamoxifen and Raloxifene (STAR) P-2 Trial: Preventing breast cancerVictor G Vogel
NSABP, Pittsburgh, PA 15212, USA
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 3:696-706. 2010..The FDA approved the SERM raloxifene for breast cancer risk reduction following its demonstrated effectiveness in preventing invasive breast cancer ..
- Selective estrogen receptor modulators as brain therapeutic agentsMaria Angeles Arevalo
Instituto Cajal, CSIC, Avenida Doctor Arce 37, E 28002 Madrid, Spain
J Mol Endocrinol 46:R1-9. 2011..New SERMs with specific actions on neurons and glial cells may represent promising therapeutic tools for the brain...
- Differential effects of estradiol and raloxifene on collagen biosynthesis in cultured human skin fibroblastsArkadiusz Surazynski
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Medical Academy of Bialystok, 15 230 Bialystok, Poland
Int J Mol Med 12:803-9. 2003The dose-dependent effect of a 24 h treatment with estradiol (E(2)) (1, 2, 5, 10 nM) and raloxifene (Rx) (1, 5, 10, 20 microM) on ER alpha and ER beta mRNA expression, collagen bio-synthesis, prolidase activity, MMP-2, MMP-9, insulin-like ..
- Selective estrogen receptor modulators decrease reactive astrogliosis in the injured brain: effects of aging and prolonged depletion of ovarian hormonesGeorge Barreto
Instituto Cajal, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Avenida Doctor Arce 37, E 28002 Madrid, Spain
Endocrinology 150:5010-5. 2009..In this study we assessed whether raloxifene and tamoxifen, two selective estrogen receptor modulators, have effects similar to estradiol in astrocytes...
- Neuroprotective properties of 17beta-estradiol, progesterone, and raloxifene in MPTP C57Bl/6 miceS Callier
Oncology and Molecular Endocrinology Research Center, and Faculty of Pharmacy, Laval University, , QC, G1K 7P4, Canada
Synapse 41:131-8. 2001..MPTP) induced dopamine depletion in striatum of C57Bl/6 mice by 17beta-estradiol, progesterone, and raloxifene, whereas 17alpha-estradiol had no effect...
- Effects of genistein aglycone in osteoporotic, ovariectomized rats: a comparison with alendronate, raloxifene and oestradiolA Bitto
Section of Pharmacology, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine and Pharmacology, University of Messina, Messina, Italy
Br J Pharmacol 155:896-905. 2008..To clarify this, we investigated the effects of genistein compared with alendronate, raloxifene and oestradiol in an animal model of established osteoporosis.
- Molecular determinants for the tissue specificity of SERMsYongfeng Shang
Department of Adult Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 44 Binney Street, and Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Science 295:2465-8. 2002..The therapeutic effectiveness of SERMs such as tamoxifen and raloxifene in breast cancer depends on their antiestrogenic activity. In the uterus, however, tamoxifen is estrogenic...
- Cognitive function in postmenopausal women treated with raloxifeneK Yaffe
Department of Psychiatry, University of California at San Francisco, 94121, USA
N Engl J Med 344:1207-13. 2001..Whether raloxifene, a selective estrogen-receptor modulator, might have similar actions is not known...
- Difference between genomic actions of estrogen versus raloxifene in human ovarian cancer cell linesH Sasaki
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Osaka University Medical School, Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Oncogene 27:2737-45. 2008..The molecular mechanisms of the effects of SERMs such as raloxifene on the tumor progression of epithelial ovarian cancer are also still unclear...
- Patient compliance with alendronate, risedronate and raloxifene for the treatment of osteoporosis in postmenopausal womenJ D Ringe
Medical Department IV, Hospital Leverkusen, University of Cologne, Leverkusen, Germany
Curr Med Res Opin 23:2677-87. 2007..The aim was to investigate patient compliance with different osteoporosis medications commonly prescribed in clinical practice, to determine risk factors associated with discontinuation and to evaluate quality of life changes...
- Effects of raloxifene and estradiol on bone turnover parameters in intact and ovariectomized ratsS Canpolat
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Physiology, Yeditepe University, Istanbul, Turkey
J Physiol Biochem 66:23-8. 2010This study was designed to investigate effects of raloxifene (RLX) and estradiol on bone formation and resorption in intact and ovariectomized (ovx) rat models...
- Effects of ospemifene and raloxifene on hormonal status, lipids, genital tract, and tolerability in postmenopausal womenJanne Komi
Hormos Medical Corporation, Turku, Finland
Menopause 12:202-9. 2005To compare ospemifene and raloxifene regarding their effects on hormones, lipids, genital tract, and tolerability in postmenopausal women.
- Pharmacokinetics of raloxifene in male Wistar-Hannover rats: influence of complexation with hydroxybutenyl-beta-cyclodextrinMichael F Wempe
Eastman Chemical Company, Kingsport, TN, USA
Int J Pharm 346:25-37. 2008b>Raloxifene is a highly insoluble, highly metabolized serum estrogen receptor modulator approved for use in the treatment of osteoporosis...
- Disposition mechanisms of raloxifene in the human intestinal Caco-2 modelEun Ju Jeong
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington 99164 6510, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 310:376-85. 2004The purpose of this study was to determine the mechanisms responsible for transport of raloxifene and its hydrophilic conjugates. Human intestinal Caco-2 cell culture model and Caco-2 cell lysate were used for the studies...
- Selective estrogen receptor modulators (SERMS) and their roles in breast cancer preventionWoo Chan Park
Lynn Sage Breast Cancer Research Program, Robert H Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, Olson Pavilion 8258, 303 E Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Trends Mol Med 8:82-8. 2002..b>Raloxifene, a related SERM, is now available to treat osteoporosis and is also being tested as a preventive for breast ..
- Sulfation of raloxifene and 4-hydroxytamoxifen by human cytosolic sulfotransferasesJosie L Falany
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, 1670 University Blvd, Volker Hall G133M, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 34:361-8. 2006b>Raloxifene and 4-hydroxytamoxifen (4-OHT) are important estrogen-related drugs used in the treatment of osteoporosis and breast cancer...
- Administration of raloxifene reduces sensorimotor and working memory deficits following traumatic brain injuryOlga N Kokiko
Restorative Neuroscience Laboratory, Department of Psychology, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, IL 62901, USA
Behav Brain Res 170:233-40. 2006..The present study examined the effects of raloxifene, a SERM, on functional recovery after bilateral cortical contusion injury (bCCI) or sham procedure...
- Gynecologic conditions in participants in the NSABP breast cancer prevention study of tamoxifen and raloxifene (STAR)Carolyn D Runowicz
National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project, National Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 205:535.e1-5. 2011This study reports the gynecologic conditions in postmenopausal women (intact uterus on enrollment) in the National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project (NSABP) study of tamoxifen and raloxifene (STAR)/P-2 trial.
- The effect of tamoxifen and raloxifene on estrogen metabolism and endometrial cancer riskMarian Y Williams-Brown
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, United States
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 126:78-86. 2011..While tamoxifen (TAM) use increases the risk of endometrial hyperplasia and malignancy, raloxifene (RAL) has neutral effects on the uterus...
- Raloxifene ameliorates detrimental enzymatic and nonenzymatic collagen cross-links and bone strength in rabbits with hyperhomocysteinemiaM Saito
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Jikei University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Osteoporos Int 21:655-66. 2010..Such detrimental cross-link formation in bone was ameliorated by raloxifene (RLX) treatment.
- Cardioprotective effects of long-term treatment with raloxifene, a selective estrogen receptor modulator, on myocardial ischemia/reperfusion injury in ovariectomized ratsMing Ting Chung
Center for Reproductive Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Chi Mei Medical Center, Tainan
Menopause 17:127-34. 2010The aim of this study was to investigate the beneficial effect of long-term treatment with raloxifene (RAL), a selective estrogen receptor modulator, on myocardial ischemia/reperfusion (MI/R) injury in ovariectomized (Ovx) rats.
- Characterization of raloxifene glucuronidation in vitro: contribution of intestinal metabolism to presystemic clearanceDaniel C Kemp
University of North Carolina, Curriculum of Toxicology, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 30:694-700. 2002b>Raloxifene, a selective estrogen receptor modulator used for the treatment of osteoporosis, undergoes extensive conjugation to the 6-beta- and 4'-beta-glucuronides in vivo...
- Comparative effects of 17beta-estradiol, raloxifene and genistein on bone 3D microarchitecture and volumetric bone mineral density in the ovariectomized miceA Cano
Department of Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Valencia, Valencia, Spain
Osteoporos Int 19:793-800. 2008This study assessed the effect of estradiol, raloxifene and genistein on the preservation of bone 3D-microarchitecture and volumetric bone mineral density (vBMD) in the ovariectomized mouse model...
- Treatment with selective estrogen receptor modulators regulates myelin specific T-cells and suppresses experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitisBruce F Bebo
Neurological Sciences Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, Beaverton, Oregon, USA
Glia 57:777-90. 2009..In this study, we investigated the ability of two commercially available SERMs (tamoxifen and raloxifene) to regulate myelin specific immunity and experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis (EAE) in mice...
- From adjuvant therapy to breast cancer prevention: BCPT and STARB K Dunn
Division of Cancer Prevention, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Breast J 7:144-57. 2001..b>Raloxifene, a second-generation SERM approved for the prevention of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women, displays ..
- Effect of raloxifene after recombinant teriparatide [hPTH(1-34)] treatment in postmenopausal women with osteoporosisS Adami
Riabilitazione Reumatologica, University of Verona, Valeggio s Mincio, Verona, Italy
Osteoporos Int 19:87-94. 2008..Sequential raloxifene prevented rapid bone loss at lumbar spine and further increased bone mineral density (BMD) at femoral neck, ..
- Raloxifene analog LY117018 enhances the regeneration of sciatic nerve in ovariectomized female miceR McMurray
Department of Physiology, The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University, 600 Moye Blvd, Greenville, NC 27858, USA
Brain Res 980:140-5. 2003..Our study suggests that LY117018 may markedly accelerate peripheral nerve regeneration and functional recovery through activation of estrogen receptors...
- Effect of prior and ongoing raloxifene therapy on response to PTH and maintenance of BMD after PTH therapyF Cosman
Clinical Research Center, Helen Hayes Hospital, West Haverstraw, NY 10993, USA
Osteoporos Int 19:529-35. 2008Women with osteoporosis on raloxifene were randomized to 1-34hPTH + raloxifene or raloxifene alone for one year. In the PTH + raloxifene group, bone turnover increased 125-584%, spine BMD increased 9.6%, hip BMD increased 1.2-3...
- Raloxifene is not associated with biologically relevant changes in hot flushes in postmenopausal women for whom therapy is appropriateSantiago Palacios
Instituto Palacios, Madrid, Spain
Am J Obstet Gynecol 191:121-31. 2004b>Raloxifene is approved for the treatment and prevention of postmenopausal osteoporosis. Previous studies have described a raloxifene-associated increase in hot flushes, reported as adverse events...
- Incidence of invasive breast cancer in postmenopausal women after discontinuation of long-term raloxifene administrationVictor G Vogel
Department of Research, American Cancer Society, Atlanta, GA, USA
Clin Breast Cancer 9:45-50. 2009..women with osteoporosis had a 66% relative risk reduction for invasive breast cancer over 8 years of raloxifene therapy in the randomized, placebo-controlled 4-year MORE (Multiple Outcomes of Raloxifene Evaluation) trial and ..
- Transition from estrogen therapy to raloxifene in postmenopausal women: effects on treatment satisfaction and the endometrium-a pilot studySusan R Davis
Jean Hailes Foundation, Melbourne, Australia
Menopause 11:167-75. 2004To compare the effects of transferring from low-dose, transdermal estrogen to raloxifene with a phase of alternate-day raloxifene therapy with or without low-dose transdermal estrogen on patient satisfaction, endometrial changes, and ..
- Transition from estrogen-progestin to raloxifene in postmenopausal women: effect on vasomotor symptomsStephen Gordon
Women s Health and Internal Medicine, Comprehensive NeuroScience, Inc, 6065 Roswell, Suite 820, Atlanta, GA 30328, USA
Obstet Gynecol 103:267-73. 2004To compare vasomotor symptoms after transition from estrogen-progestin therapy to raloxifene 60 mg/d with and without a placebo washout.
- Novel biodegradable polyesters. Synthesis and application as drug carriers for the preparation of raloxifene HCl loaded nanoparticlesDimitrios Bikiaris
Laboratory of Organic Chemical Technology, Chemistry Department, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, 541 24 Thessaloniki, Greece
Molecules 14:2410-30. 2009b>Raloxifene HCl is a drug with poor bioavailability and poor water solubility. Furthermore nomicron pharmaceutically acceptable organic solvent has been reported before to dilute the drug...
- Effects of estrogen and raloxifene on neuroglia number and morphology in the hippocampus of aged female miceD L Lei
Laboratory of Experimental Gerontology, Gerontology Research Center, National Institute on Aging, NIH, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Neuroscience 121:659-66. 2003Hormone replacement therapy with the gonadal steroid estrogen or synthetic agents such as raloxifene, a selective estrogen receptor modulator, may affect cellular function in brains of postmenopausal women...
- Estrogen and raloxifene modulate leptin and its receptor in hypothalamus and adipose tissue from ovariectomized ratsRosaria Meli
Department of Experimental Pharmacology, University of Naples, Italy
Endocrinology 145:3115-21. 2004..OVX) rats modification of estrogen levels or treatment with a selective estrogen receptor modulator, raloxifene (RAL), alters leptinemia and modulates leptin receptor (Ob-R) abundance in hypothalamus and white adipose tissue,..
- Rationale for using raloxifene to prevent both osteoporosis and breast cancer in postmenopausal womenWen Ling Lee
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, Chen Hsin Rehabilitation Center Taipei, Taiwan
Maturitas 60:92-107. 2008..Among these SERMs, raloxifene may be the most attractive agent based on the evidence from five recent large trials (Multiple Outcomes of ..
- Effect of raloxifene on stroke and venous thromboembolism according to subgroups in postmenopausal women at increased risk of coronary heart diseaseLori Mosca
Director, Preventive Cardiology, New York Presbyterian Hospital, 601 West 168th Street, 43, New York, NY 10032, USA
Stroke 40:147-55. 2009b>Raloxifene, a selective estrogen receptor modulator, reduces risk of invasive breast cancer and osteoporosis, but the effect on risk for stroke and venous thromboembolism in different patient subgroups is not established...
- Estradiol and raloxifene protect cultured SN4741 neurons against oxidative stressEric Biewenga
Biology Department, University of Colorado at Denver, P O Box 173364, Denver, CO 80217 3364, USA
Neurosci Lett 373:179-83. 2005..We used the clonal substantia nigra cell line SN4741 to compare the neuroprotective properties of estrogen and raloxifene against oxidative stress, and to determine whether raloxifene acted as an estrogen agonist or antagonist in this ..
- Estrogen and raloxifene improve metaphyseal fracture healing in the early phase of osteoporosis. A new fracture-healing model at the tibia in ratE K Stuermer
Department of Trauma Surgery, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Georg August University of Goettingen, Robert Koch Str 40, 37099, Gottingen, Germany
Langenbecks Arch Surg 395:163-72. 2010..Quality and speed of fracture healing in osteoporotic fractures are crucial with regard to the outcome of patients. The question arises whether established antiosteoporotic drugs can further improve fracture healing...
- Biomedicine. Defining the "S" in SERMsBenita S Katzenellenbogen
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, University of Illinois and College of Medicine at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Science 295:2380-1. 2002
- Beneficial effects of raloxifene and tamoxifen in the treatment of pubertal gynecomastiaSarah E Lawrence
Department of Pediatrics, University of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
J Pediatr 145:71-6. 2004..To assess the efficacy of the anti-estrogens tamoxifen and raloxifen in the medical management of persistent pubertal gynecomastia...
- Raloxifene enhances vertebral mechanical properties independent of bone densityMatthew R Allen
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, MS 5035, Indiana University School of Medicine, 635 Barnhill Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Bone 39:1130-5. 2006..10 mg/kg/day), alendronate (ALN, 0.2 mg/kg/day), raloxifene (RAL, 0.50 mg/kg/day), or saline (VEH, 1 ml/kg/day)...
- The NSABP Study of Tamoxifen and Raloxifene (STAR) trialVictor G Vogel
University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Magee Womens Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA 15213 3180, USA
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 9:51-60. 2009In the Study of Tamoxifen and Raloxifene (STAR) trial, postmenopausal women at increased risk of breast cancer received either oral tamoxifen (20 mg/day) or raloxifene (60 mg/day) over 5 years...
- Solid state interaction of raloxifene HCl with different hydrophilic carriers during co-grinding and its effect on dissolution rateAnuj Garg
Department of Pharmaceutics, Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 35:455-70. 2009..methyl cellulose and hydroxy propyl cellulose], and Sodium Alginate) on the solid state and dissolution rate of Raloxifene hydrochloride (R-HCl)...
- Increased thyroid-stimulating hormone levels associated with concomitant administration of levothyroxine and raloxifeneCandice L Garwood
Department of Pharmacy Practice, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan 48201, and the Department of Family Medicine, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, USA
Pharmacotherapy 26:881-5. 2006..Her levothyroxine dosage of 0.05 mg/day had been stable for the past 15 months. She was then prescribed raloxifene for prevention of osteoporosis secondary to early menopause...
- Raloxifene exposure enhances brain activation during memory performance in healthy elderly males; its possible relevance to behaviorR Goekoop
Department of Neurology, VU University Medical Center, De Boelelaan 1117 1081 HV, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Neuroimage 25:63-75. 2005b>Raloxifene is a selective estrogen receptor modulator (SERM) that is prescribed in females only, but its use in male subjects is increasingly considered...
- Once-weekly alendronate 70 mg and raloxifene 60 mg daily in the treatment of postmenopausal osteoporosisMarjorie Luckey
St Barnabas Osteoporosis and Metabolic Bone Disease Center, Livingston, NJ, USA
Menopause 11:405-15. 2004To compare the efficacy and tolerability of once-weekly (OW) alendronate (ALN) 70 mg and raloxifene (RLX) 60 mg daily in the treatment of postmenopausal osteoporosis.
- QUS in monitoring raloxifene and estrogen-progestogens: a 4-year longitudinal studyD Agostinelli
Presidio Ospedaliero di Terlizzi, Unita Operativa di Ginecologia e Ostetricia, Ambulatorio per la Menopausa, Terlizzi, Bari, Italy
Ultrasound Med Biol 33:1184-90. 2007..is to evaluate the effectiveness of phalangeal quantitative ultrasound (QUS) in monitoring the treatment with raloxifene or estrogen-progestogens in postmenopausal women attending an Italian Menopause Centre...
- Return of chronic pelvic pain from endometriosis after raloxifene treatment: a randomized controlled trialPamela Stratton
Reproductive Biology and Medicine Branch, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Obstet Gynecol 111:88-96. 2008To evaluate whether 6 months of raloxifene was effective in treatment of chronic pelvic pain in women with endometriosis.
- Fractures in women treated with raloxifene or alendronate: a retrospective database analysisShonda A Foster
Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, IN, USA
BMC Womens Health 13:15. 2013b>Raloxifene and alendronate are anti-resorptive therapies approved for the prevention and treatment of postmenopausal osteoporosis...
- Effects of raloxifene therapy on circulating osteoprotegerin and RANK ligand levels in post-menopausal osteoporosisD Fernàndez-Garcia
Bone Metabolic Unit, Endocrinology Division, University Hospital San Cecilio Granada, RETICEF, Granada, Spain
J Endocrinol Invest 31:416-21. 2008Previous in vitro studies suggest that the anti-resorptive effect of raloxifene might be mediated by changes in several cytokines involved in the bone remodeling process...
- Effect of selective estrogen receptor modulator/raloxifene analogue on proliferation and collagen metabolism of tendon fibroblastToru Irie
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Connect Tissue Res 51:179-87. 2010The selective estrogen receptor modulator raloxifene is therapeutically beneficial for postmenopausal connective tissue degradation, such as osteoporosis, vascular sclerosis, and dermal degradation; however, the effects of raloxifene on ..
- Estrogen therapy for hereditary haemorrhagic telangiectasia (HHT): Effects of raloxifene, on Endoglin and ALK1 expression in endothelial cellsVirginia Albiñana
Centro de Investigaciones Biologicas, Spanish Research Council CSIC, Madrid, Spain
Thromb Haemost 103:525-34. 2010..We report preliminary results obtained with Raloxifene to treat epistaxis in postmenopausal HHT women diagnosed with osteoporosis...
- Randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study on effects of raloxifene and hormone replacement therapy on plasma no concentrations, endothelin-1 levels, and endothelium-dependent vasodilation in postmenopausal womenA Saitta
Department of Internal Medicine, Section of Pharmacology, University of Messina, Messina, Italy
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 21:1512-9. 2001..b>Raloxifene relaxes coronary arteries in vitro by an estrogen receptor-dependent and NO-dependent mechanism, thus suggesting ..
- Randomized, controlled study of the effects of raloxifene on high sensitivity C-reactive protein and serum lipidsEfser Oztas
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Ufuk University, Ankara, Turkey
Arch Gynecol Obstet 283:71-7. 2011To investigate the effects of raloxifene, on serum lipids and high-sensitivity C-reactive protein (hs-CRP) in healthy postmenopausal women.
- Treatment of osteoporosis and reduction in risk of invasive breast cancer in postmenopausal women with raloxifeneSeung Sang Ko
Georgetown University Medical Center, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Department of Oncology, 3970 Reservoir Rd N W, Washington, DC 20057, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 12:657-74. 2011b>Raloxifene, a non-steroidal selective estrogen receptor modulator (SERM), offers a new dimension for the treatment and prevention of osteoporosis and risk reduction of invasive breast cancer in postmenopausal populations at high risk...
- In vitro evaluation, biodistribution in rats of radiolabeled raloxifeneElif Bayrak
Ege University, Institute of Nuclear Science, Department of Nuclear Applications, Bornova, 35100 Izmir, Turkey
Appl Radiat Isot 68:33-6. 2010b>Raloxifene is a selective estrogen receptor modulator that produces both estrogen agonistic effects on bone and lipid metabolism and estrogen-antagonistic effects on uterine endometrium and breast tissue...
- Post-menopausal women with rheumatoid arthritis who are treated with raloxifene or alendronate or glucocorticoids have lower serum undercarboxylated osteocalcin levelsS Mokuda
Department of Internal Medicine, Center for Rheumatic Diseases, Dohgo Spa Hospital, 21 21 Otsu Dohgo Himezuka, Matsuyama, Ehime, 790 0858, Japan
J Endocrinol Invest 35:661-4. 2012..It had been reported that bone resorption inhibitors tend to decrease the serum ucOC level in patients with primary osteoporosis. In rheumatoid arthritis (RA) patients, these results have never been reported...
- Evaluation of CYP2D6 and efficacy of tamoxifen and raloxifene in women treated for breast cancer chemoprevention: results from the NSABP P1 and P2 clinical trialsMatthew P Goetz
Department of Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Clin Cancer Res 17:6944-51. 2011..Controversy exists regarding the association between CYP2D6 enzyme activity and tamoxifen effectiveness in the adjuvant treatment of invasive breast cancer; however, this association in the primary prevention of breast cancer is unknown...
- Raloxifene reduces blood pressure in hypertensive animals after ovarian hormone deprivationAdriana Nunes Moraes
Department of Health Sciences, CEUNES, Federal University of Espirito Santo, São Mateus, ES, Brazil
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 109:334-8. 2011b>Raloxifene is a selective oestrogen receptor modulator that has been approved for the prevention and treatment of osteoporosis in post-menopausal women...
- Benefit/risk assessment for breast cancer chemoprevention with raloxifene or tamoxifen for women age 50 years or olderAndrew N Freedman
Division of Cancer Prevention, National Cancer Institute, 6130 Executive Blvd, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Clin Oncol 29:2327-33. 2011The Study of Tamoxifen and Raloxifene (STAR) demonstrated that raloxifene was as effective as tamoxifen in reducing the risk of invasive breast cancer (IBC) in postmenopausal women and had lower risks of thromboembolic events, endometrial ..
- Adiponectin and leptin serum levels in osteoporotic postmenopausal women treated with raloxifene or alendronateArantzazu Sebastián-Ochoa
Endocrinology Division, Hospital Universitario San Cecilio, Granada, Spain
Menopause 19:172-7. 2012..determine adiponectin and leptin levels in osteoporotic postmenopausal women and their relationship with bone mass and bone turnover and to analyze changes on adiponectin and leptin levels after treatment with raloxifene or alendronate.
- Raloxifene temporarily reduces arterial stiffnessSatoshi Obayashi
Department of Comprehensive Reproductive Medicine, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 36:1229-35. 2010..The purpose of this paper was to evaluate the change of CAVI during one-year use of raloxifene (RLX).
- A meta-analysis of the efficacy of raloxifene on all clinical and vertebral fractures and its dependency on FRAXJohn A Kanis
WHO Collaborating Centre for Metabolic Bone Diseases, University of Sheffield, Beech Hill Road, Sheffield, UK
Bone 47:729-35. 2010Multiple Outcomes of Raloxifene Evaluation (MORE), a placebo controlled phase III study of raloxifene in postmenopausal osteoporosis, showed that both doses tested (60 mg and 120 mg daily) reduced the risk of vertebral fracture...
- XbaI polymorphism of the estrogen receptor alpha gene influences the effect of raloxifene on the endothelial functionAndrej Zavratnik
Department of Endocrinology, University Medical Centre, Ljubljanska 5, 2000 Maribor, Slovenia
Maturitas 67:84-90. 2010..The selective estrogen receptor modulator, raloxifene, exerts a part of its actions through the estrogen receptor alpha (ESR1) activation...
- Randomized control study of the effects of raloxifene on serum lipids and homocysteine in older womenV De Leo
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Siena, Italy
Am J Obstet Gynecol 184:350-3. 2001b>Raloxifene, a selective estrogen receptor modulator, has beneficial estrogen agonist effects on bone and cardiovascular risk factors and estrogen antagonist effects on the breast and uterus...
- Transcriptional activities of estrogen receptor alpha and beta in yeast properties of raloxifeneE Jisa
Institute of Applied Microbiology, University of Agricultural Sciences, Vienna, Austria
Biochem Pharmacol 62:953-61. 2001b>Raloxifene represents a potent compound for the prevention and treatment of osteoporosis and cardiovascular disease in postmenopausal women...
- Raloxifene improves vascular reactivity in pressurized septal coronary arteries of ovariectomized hamsters fed cholesterol dietYau Chi Chan
Institute of Vascular Medicine, Li Ka Shing Institute of Health Sciences, and School of Biomedical Sciences, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
Pharmacol Res 65:182-8. 2012..The impact of raloxifene therapy and cholesterol diet on myogenic constriction during estrogen deficiency is unresolved...
- Circulating chemoattractants RANTES, negatively related to endogenous androgens, and MCP-1 are differentially suppressed by hormone therapy and raloxifeneGeorge E Christodoulakos
2nd Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Athens, Aretaieio Hospital, Athens, Greece
Atherosclerosis 193:142-50. 2007..Furthermore, the conflicting reports on the cardiovascular effects of hormone therapy between observational and clinical trials have triggered interest on the effect of alternative therapies on the cardiovascular system...
- Structural modulation of reactivity/activity in design of improved benzothiophene selective estrogen receptor modulators: induction of chemopreventive mechanismsBolan Yu
Department of Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmacognosy, College of Pharmacy, University of Illinois at Chicago, 833 South Wood Street, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 6:2418-28. 2007The benzothiophene selective estrogen receptor modulators (SERM) raloxifene and arzoxifene are in clinical use and clinical trials for chemoprevention of breast cancer and other indications...
- Tamoxifen and raloxifene suppress the proliferation of estrogen receptor-negative cells through inhibition of glutamine uptakeValentina K Todorova
Department of Surgery Breast Surgical Oncology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, 4301W Markham St, Mail Slot 725, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 67:285-91. 2011..We hypothesized that one of the mechanisms responsible for ER-independent anti-neoplastic properties of SERMs and also for their adverse side effects could be dependent on the inhibition of Gln uptake...
- Estrogen and raloxifene induce apoptosis by activating p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase cascade in synthetic vascular smooth muscle cellsA Mori-Abe
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Yamagata University, School of Medicine, 2 2 2 Iidanishi, Yamagata 990 9585, Japan
J Endocrinol 178:417-26. 2003..In addition, the effect of raloxifene on VSMC remains unknown...
- Raloxifene acts as an estrogen agonist on the rabbit growth plateOla Nilsson
Pediatric Endocrinology Unit, Department of Women and Child Health, Karolinska Institutet, SE 17176 Stockholm, Sweden
Endocrinology 144:1481-5. 2003..b>Raloxifene, a selective estrogen receptor modulator, has been shown to act as an estrogen agonist on bone density but as an ..
- Effects of raloxifene on platelet functions in patients with postmenopausal osteoporosisDerun Taner Ertugrul
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Baskent University, Ankara, Turkey
Platelets 17:351-3. 2006Many studies have addressed the effects of estrogenic compounds on platelet function. Raloxifene is a selective estrogen receptor modulator (SERM), which is currently used for the treatment of postmenopausal osteoporosis...
- Effects of raloxifene treatment on uterine leiomyomas in postmenopausal womenS Palomba
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Naples Federico II, Naples, Italy
Fertil Steril 76:38-43. 2001To evaluate the effects of raloxifene administration on uterine and uterine leiomyoma sizes in postmenopausal women.
- Estrogen receptor ligands counteract cognitive deficits caused by androgen deprivation in male ratsNatalia Lagunas
Instituto Cajal, CSIC, E 28002 Madrid, Spain
Horm Behav 59:581-4. 2011..In addition, we tested the effect of raloxifene and tamoxifen, two selective estrogen receptor modulators used in clinical practice...
- Comparative methods for analysis of protein covalent modification by electrophilic quinoids formed from xenobioticsBolan Yu
Department of Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmacognosy, University of Illinois at Chicago, 60612, USA
Bioconjug Chem 20:728-41. 2009..For study of the protein targets of electrophilic metabolites formed by in situ oxidative bioactivation, the COATag is both sensitive and specific and does not appear to suffer from poor cell permeability...
- The effects of long-term raloxifene and estradiol treatments on bone in a patient with congenital aromatase deficiencyL Zirilli
Integrated Department of Medicine, Endocrinology, Metabolism, and Geriatrics, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Via Giardini 1355, 41100 Modena, Italy
Bone 45:827-32. 2009..b>Raloxifene is a SERM with proven estrogen agonist action on bone that leads to an improvement in BMD and a reduction in ..
- Anti-inflammatory effect of selective estrogen receptor modulators (SERMs) in microglial cellsT Suuronen
Department of Neuroscience and Neurology, University of Kuopio, PO Box 1627, 70211 Kuopio, Finland
Inflamm Res 54:194-203. 2005..Our aim was to study how different SERMs modulate the inflammatory responses induced by lipopolysaccharide (LPS) or unmethylated CpG-oligonucleotides in mouse and rat microglial cells...
- Effects of raloxifene, a selective estrogen receptor modulator, on bone turnover markers and serum sex steroid and lipid levels in elderly menP M Doran
Endocrine Research Unit, Mayo Clinic and Mayo Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Bone Miner Res 16:2118-25. 2001..years), we performed a randomized blinded study to assess the effect of 6 months of treatment with 60 mg/day of raloxifene (a selective estrogen receptor modulator [SERM] that has an agonist effect on bone but is not feminizing) versus ..
- Estrogen receptor-beta as a potential target for colon cancer prevention: chemoprevention of azoxymethane-induced colon carcinogenesis by raloxifene in F344 ratsNaveena B Janakiram
Department of Medicine, Hem Onc Section, OU Cancer Institute, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, 975 Northeast 10th Street, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 2:52-9. 2009b>Raloxifene, selective estrogen receptor (ER) modulator, is not fully explored in colorectal cancer...
- Impact of raloxifene or tamoxifen use on endometrial cancer risk: a population-based case-control studyAngela DeMichele
Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:4151-9. 2008b>Raloxifene reduces breast cancer risk in women with osteoporosis, and both tamoxifen and raloxifene prevent breast cancer in high-risk women...
- Both estrogen and raloxifene protect against beta-amyloid-induced neurotoxicity in estrogen receptor alpha-transfected PC12 cells by activation of telomerase activity via Akt cascadeBotao Du
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Yamagata University, School of Medicine, 2 2 2 Iidanishi, Yamagata 990 9585, Japan
J Endocrinol 183:605-15. 2004..In addition, the effect of raloxifene on Abeta-induced neuro-toxicity remains unknown...
- Uterine peroxidase-catalyzed formation of diquinone methides from the selective estrogen receptor modulators raloxifene and desmethylated arzoxifeneHong Liu
Department of Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmacognosy, College of Pharmacy, University of Illinois at Chicago, 833 South Wood Street, M C 781, Chicago, Illinois 60612 7231, USA
Chem Res Toxicol 20:1676-84. 2007..We have previously shown that the benzothiophene SERMs, raloxifene and desmethylated arzoxifene (DMA), can also be bioactivated to electrophilic quinoids by rat/human liver ..
- Raloxifene inhibits matrix metalloproteinases expression and activity in macrophages and smooth muscle cellsStefano Bellosta
Department of Pharmacological Sciences, University of Milan, Via Balzaretti 9, 20133 Milan, Italy
Pharmacol Res 56:160-7. 2007..We investigated the effects of raloxifene, a second generation SERM, on MMP expression and activity in cultured macrophages and SMC, and in rabbit carotid ..
- Raloxifene inhibits estrogen-induced up-regulation of telomerase activity in a human breast cancer cell lineJun Kawagoe
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Yamagata University, School of Medicine, Iidanishi, Yamagata, Japan
J Biol Chem 278:43363-72. 2003The mechanism by which raloxifene acts in the chemoprevention of breast cancer remains unclear...
- Does raloxifene treatment influence back pain and disability among postmenopausal women with osteoporosis?Georgios Papadokostakis
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology, University General Hospital, Heraklio, Crete, Greece
Eur Spine J 14:977-81. 2005..b>Raloxifene, a selective estrogen receptor modulator has estrogen-like effects on bone tissue, and antagonize the action of ..
- Raloxifene prevents endothelial dysfunction in aging ovariectomized female ratsChi Ming Wong
Li Ka Shing Institute of Health Sciences, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
Vascul Pharmacol 44:290-8. 2006..in vascular reactivity in the aging (15 months old) female rat after ovariectomy and the effects of chronic raloxifene therapy on vascular reactivity and eNOS protein expression...
- Analysis of protein covalent modification by xenobiotics using a covert oxidatively activated tag: raloxifene proof-of-principle studyJu Liu
Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmacognosy, College of Pharmacy, University of Illinois at Chicago, 833 South Wood Street, M C 781, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Chem Res Toxicol 18:1485-96. 2005..b>Raloxifene, in common with many SERMs and other xenobiotics, is a polyaromatic phenol that has been shown to be ..
- Skeletal pain in postmenopausal women with osteoporosis: prevalence and course during raloxifene treatment in a prospective observational study of 6 months durationS Scharla
Practice for Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Bad Reichenhall, Germany
Curr Med Res Opin 22:2393-402. 2006To assess the prevalence of skeletal pain in postmenopausal women before the onset of raloxifene treatment and the further course of pain during treatment in a naturalistic setting.
- The selective estrogen receptor modulator raloxifene inhibits cardiac delayed rectifier potassium currents and voltage-gated sodium current without QTc interval prolongationHui Liu
Department of Pharmacology, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
Pharmacol Res 62:384-90. 2010b>Raloxifene is widely used in the treatment of postmenopausal osteoporosis and also has been shown to be cardioprotective. The effect of raloxifene on cardiac ion channels is not fully understood...
- Effects of ovarian steroids and raloxifene on proteins that synthesize, transport, and degrade serotonin in the raphe region of macaquesLisa J Smith
Division of Reproductive Sciences, Oregon National Primate Research Center, Beaverton, OR, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 29:2035-45. 2004..questioned what effect would 1 or 5 mo of ovarian hormones or the selective estrogen receptor modulator (SERM), raloxifene, have on TPH protein and phosphorylation, and on protein expression of SERT, MAO-A or MAO-B? Raloxifene ..
- Risk of femoral shaft and subtrochanteric fractures among users of bisphosphonates and raloxifeneP Vestergaard
Department of Endocrinology and Internal Medicine, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
Osteoporos Int 22:993-1001. 2011..This may suggest an effect of the underlying disease rather than the drugs used...
- Cost effectiveness of raloxifene in the treatment of osteoporosis in Sweden: an economic evaluation based on the MORE studyFredrik Borgstrom
Department of Learning, Informatics, Management and Ethics, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Pharmacoeconomics 22:1153-65. 2004The Multiple Outcomes of Raloxifene Evaluation (MORE) study showed that treatment with raloxifene reduces the risk of vertebral fracture and breast cancer in postmenopausal women with osteoporosis.
- Characterization of hot flashes reported by healthy postmenopausal women receiving raloxifene or placebo during osteoporosis prevention trialsF J Cohen
Lilly Research Laboratories, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
Maturitas 34:65-73. 2000b>Raloxifene, a selective estrogen receptor modulator, is estrogen-like in the skeleton and cardiovascular system and antiestrogenic in reproductive tissues...
- Vascular events in the Multiple Outcomes of Raloxifene Evaluation (MORE) trial: incidence, patient characteristics, and effect of raloxifeneClaire S Duvernoy
VA Medical Center, University of Michigan Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
Menopause 12:444-52. 2005To determine the incidence of arterial and venous thromboembolic (VTE) events, to determine the effect of raloxifene on the incidence of combined vascular (arterial and VTE) events, and to identify patient characteristics associated with ..
- Effects of calcitonin, risedronate, and raloxifene on erythrocyte antioxidant enzyme activity, lipid peroxidation, and nitric oxide in postmenopausal osteoporosisSalih Ozgocmen
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Faculty of Medicine, Firat University, Elazig, Turkey
Arch Med Res 38:196-205. 2007..Additionally, in vivo effects of three different anti-osteoporotic drugs, calcitonin, risedronate and raloxifene, on the erythrocyte oxidant-antioxidant status in women with PMO were also assessed.
- Raloxifene inhibits tumor growth and lymph node metastasis in a xenograft model of metastatic mammary cancerMasa Aki Shibata
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Division of Life Sciences, Osaka Medical College, 2 7 Daigaku machi, Takatsuki, Osaka 569 8686, Japan
BMC Cancer 10:566. 2010The effects of raloxifene, a novel selective estrogen receptor modulator, were studied in a mouse metastatic mammary cancer model expressing cytoplasmic ERα.
- Effects of raloxifene therapy on the anticoagulant system in postmenopausal womenG D Azevedo
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto SP, Brazil
Climacteric 6:140-5. 2003b>Raloxifene therapy is associated with a three-fold increase in the risk for venous thromboembolism; however, its effects on the hemostatic system in postmenopausal women have not been well defined.
- Effects of herbs on transcription and cell proliferationDale Leitman; Fiscal Year: 2003..recently, SERMs are becoming increasingly popular for preventing cancer, since studies found that tamoxifen and raloxifene reduce the incidence of estrogen receptor positive breast tumors...
- IMMUNOLOGICAL ASPECTS OF HEMORRHAGEIrshad Chaudry; Fiscal Year: 2002..We will evaluate if administration of beta-estradiol, Raloxifene or PRL in vivo after trauma-hemorrhage improves the depressed immune responses in estrogen deficient mice...
- Female Hormones and VisionAlvin Eisner; Fiscal Year: 2006..and visual system as a result of estrogen-receptor action and to elucidate the effects of 2 SERMS, tamoxifen and raloxifene, as functions of their durations of use...
- Estrogen Dependency of Uterine LeiomyomaAyman Al Hendy; Fiscal Year: 2007..g., tamoxifen and raloxifene) can significantly reduce tumor incidence, size, and proliferative index in the Eker rat, the only animal model ..
- Hormones and Female Urinary IncontinenceTom Lue; Fiscal Year: 2009..This will be accomplished by treating our established incontinence rat model with estrogen, progesterone, raloxifene, levormeloxifene, and growth hormone, followed by cystometrical analysis. Specific Aim 2...
- A Molecular Basis for Phytoestrogen ChemopreventionAndrew Mesecar; Fiscal Year: 2002..the only phytoestrogen-ER structure solved to date, to those of estradiol (agonist) bound to ER-alpha and Raloxifene (antagonist) bound to ER- beta, reveals that the phytoestrogen genistein induces a novel conformation in ER...
- MODEL FOR PELVIC FLOOR DISORDERSAmanda Clark; Fiscal Year: 2004..Special attention will be paid to the effects of a SERM (raloxifene) as there are tow reports that experimental SERMs increase the incidence of POP...
- Interactions between SERMs, soy and black cohoshHeather Shaw; Fiscal Year: 2007..b>Raloxifene, a newer SERM, is currently widely used for treatment of osteoporosis and is in trials for breast cancer ..
- REGULATION OF ESTROGEN-RESPONSIVE GENESANN NARDULLI; Fiscal Year: 2007..and coregutatory proteins involved in mediating the effects of estrogen and the SERMs 4-hydroxytamoxifen and raloxifene will be determined using in vivo footprinting and chromatin immunoprecipitation experiments...
- Hormone Replacement Therapy, SERMs & Leg Blood Flow in Postmenopausal WomenDOUGLAS SEALS; Fiscal Year: 2007..the present proposal is that HRT (transdermal estradiol) and/or a selective estrogen receptor modulator (SERM; raloxifene) will increase LBF in healthy previously estrogen deficient postmenopausal women by increasing LVC, with or ..
- PSYCHOBIOLOGY OF ESTROGEN RECEPTOR MODULATORSMark Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2003..This project will determine if the SERMs, tamoxifen and raloxifene, are E2 agonists or antagonists in the neuroendocrine regulation of behavior in female rhesus monkeys...
- PSYCHOBIOLOGY OF ESTROGEN RECEPTOR MODULATORSMark Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2000..This project will determine if the SERMs, tamoxifen and raloxifene, are E2 agonists or antagonists in the neuroendocrine regulation of behavior in female rhesus monkeys...
- Prophylactic, risk-reducing surgery in BRCA-positive women: sexual functioning aSharon Tollin; Fiscal Year: 2010..Chemoprevention with tamoxifen or raloxifene is another risk-reducing option...
- Interferon and Raloxifene Effects on Cancer CellsCHERYL ROSENFELD; Fiscal Year: 2007..The University is in the process of developing a Comparative Oncology Program. The campus provides a rich mix of disciplines and a collaborative environment, in which Dr. Rosenfeld is expected to continue to thrive. ..