Genomes and Genes
Summary: A non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agent (NSAID) with antipyretic and analgesic actions. It is primarily available as the sodium salt.
Publications363 found, 100 shown here
- Toxic effects of the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug diclofenac. Part I: histopathological alterations and bioaccumulation in rainbow troutJ Schwaiger
Department of Aquatic Ecology Research, Bavarian Water Management Agency, Demollstr 31, 82407 Wielenbach, Germany
Aquat Toxicol 68:141-50. 2004..The non-steroidal inflammatory drug diclofenac represents one of the most commonly detected compounds...
- Celecoxib versus omeprazole and diclofenac in patients with osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis (CONDOR): a randomised trialFrancis K L Chan
Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Hong Kong SAR, China
Lancet 376:173-9. 2010..We aimed to compare risk of gastrointestinal events associated with celecoxib versus diclofenac slow release plus omeprazole.
- Using laser microporation to improve transdermal delivery of diclofenac: Increasing bioavailability and the range of therapeutic applicationsYogeshwar G Bachhav
School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Geneva and University of Lausanne, Geneva, Switzerland
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 78:408-14. 2011..L.E.A.S.E.® technology, on diclofenac delivery kinetics...
- Randomized controlled trial of diclofenac sodium gel in knee osteoarthritisH Richard Barthel
Semin Arthritis Rheum 39:203-12. 2009..This study assessed the efficacy and safety of topical diclofenac sodium 1% gel (DSG) in mild to moderate symptomatic knee osteoarthritis.
- Diclofenac residues as the cause of vulture population decline in PakistanJ Lindsay Oaks
Department of Veterinary Microbiology and Pathology, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington 99164 7040, USA
Nature 427:630-3. 2004..Here, we provide results that directly correlate residues of the anti-inflammatory drug diclofenac with renal failure...
- Cardiovascular risk and inhibition of cyclooxygenase: a systematic review of the observational studies of selective and nonselective inhibitors of cyclooxygenase 2Patricia McGettigan
Discipline of Clinical Pharmacology, School of Medicine and Public Health, The University of Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
JAMA 296:1633-44. 2006..Regulatory agencies have provided variable advice regarding the cardiovascular risks with older nonselective NSAIDs...
- Diclofenac sodium delivery to the eye: in vitro evaluation of novel solid lipid nanoparticle formulation using human cornea constructAnthony A Attama
Institut fur Pharmazeutische Technologie, Technische Universität Carolo Wilhelmina zu Braunschweig, Mendelssohnstrasse 1, D 38106 Braunschweig, Germany
Int J Pharm 355:307-13. 2008..SLNs) were prepared with a combination of homolipid from goat (goat fat) and phospholipid, and evaluated for diclofenac sodium (DNa) delivery to the eye using bio-engineered human cornea, produced from immortalized human corneal ..
- Analysis of the effects diclofenac has on Japanese medaka (Oryzias latipes) using real-time PCRHan Na Hong
National Research Laboratory on Environmental Biotechnology, Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology GIST, Gwangju, South Korea
Chemosphere 67:2115-21. 2007..P450 1A, p53 and vitellogenin were investigated in three different tissues of male medaka fish after exposure to diclofenac that is one of the main concerns among pharmaceuticals frequently found in sewage treatment plant (STP) ..
- Diclofenac in fish: blood plasma levels similar to human therapeutic levels affect global hepatic gene expressionFilip Cuklev
Sahlgrenska Academy at the University of Gothenburg, Goteborg, Sweden
Environ Toxicol Chem 30:2126-34. 2011b>Diclofenac is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug frequently found in the aquatic environment...
- Hepatic adducts, circulating antibodies, and cytokine polymorphisms in patients with diclofenac hepatotoxicityGuruprasad P Aithal
School of Clinical Medical Sciences Hepatology, Medical School, University of Newcastle, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Hepatology 39:1430-40. 2004b>Diclofenac is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug that causes rare but serious hepatotoxicity, the mechanism of which is unclear. The purpose of the present study was to explore the potential role played by the immune processes...
- The nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drug diclofenac potentiates the in vivo activity of caspofungin against Candida albicans biofilmsAnna Bink
Center of Microbial and Plant Genetics, KU Leuven, Heverlee, Belgium
J Infect Dis 206:1790-7. 2012In this study, we demonstrated that in vitro Candida albicans biofilms grown in the presence of diclofenac showed increased susceptibility to caspofungin...
- Diclofenac: an update on its mechanism of action and safety profileTong J Gan
Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 26:1715-31. 2010b>Diclofenac is a proven, commonly prescribed nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) that has analgesic, anti-inflammatory, and antipyretic properties, and has been shown to be effective in treating a variety of acute and chronic pain ..
- Pilot study of intravitreal injection of diclofenac for treatment of macular edema of various etiologiesMasoud Soheilian
Ophthalmology Department and Ophthalmic Research Center, Labbafinejad Medical Center, Shahid Beheshti University MC, Tehran, Iran
Retina 30:509-15. 2010The purpose of this study was to evaluate the effect of a single dose of intravitreal diclofenac, a potent nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drug, on visual acuity and central macular thickness in patients with macular edema of various ..
- Efficacy of a comfrey root extract ointment in comparison to a diclofenac gel in the treatment of ankle distortions: results of an observer-blind, randomized, multicenter studyH G Predel
Merck Selbstmedikation GmbH, Roesslerstr 96, D 64293 Darmstadt, Germany
Phytomedicine 12:707-14. 2005..Rad. Symphyti) with that of a Diclofenac gel in the treatment of acute unilateral ankle sprain (distortion)...
- Developmental toxicity and stress protein responses in zebrafish embryos after exposure to diclofenac and its solvent, DMSOA V Hallare
Animal Physiological Ecology Section, Zoological Institute, University of Tubingen, Konrad Adenauer Str 20, D 72072, Tubingen, Germany
Chemosphere 56:659-66. 2004One of the most frequently detected pharmaceuticals in environmental water samples is the anti-rheumatic drug, diclofenac. Despite its increasing environmental significance, investigations concerning the effects of this drug on the early ..
- Cardiovascular safety of lumiracoxib: a meta-analysis of all randomized controlled trials > or =1 week and up to 1 year in duration of patients with osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritisPatrice Matchaba
Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation, East Hanover, NJ 07936, USA
Clin Ther 27:1196-214. 2005..The cardiovascular (CV) safety of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and selective cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitors has been the subject of considerable debate...
- Efficacy and safety of topical diclofenac containing dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO) compared with those of topical placebo, DMSO vehicle and oral diclofenac for knee osteoarthritisLee S Simon
SDG LLC Consulting, 124 Mt Auburn Street, Cambridge, MA, USA
Pain 143:238-45. 2009..We conducted a 12-week, double-blind, double-dummy, randomized controlled trial of topical diclofenac (TDiclo) in a vehicle solution containing dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO) in 775 subjects with radiologically ..
- Anti-inflammatory and gastrointestinal effects of a novel diclofenac derivativeLing Li
Cardiovascular Biology Research Group, Department of Pharmacology, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, 18 Medical Drive, Singapore 117597
Free Radic Biol Med 42:706-19. 2007S-diclofenac (2-[(2,6-dichlorophenyl)amino]benzeneacetic acid 4-(3H-1,2,dithiol-3-thione-5-yl)phenyl ester; ACS 15) is a novel molecule comprising a hydrogen sulfide (H2S)-releasing dithiol-thione moiety attached by an ester linkage to ..
- Genetic susceptibility to diclofenac-induced hepatotoxicity: contribution of UGT2B7, CYP2C8, and ABCC2 genotypesAnn K Daly
School of Clinical and Laboratory Sciences, University of Newcastle Medical School, Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Gastroenterology 132:272-81. 2007b>Diclofenac is a widely used nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug and is among the most common drugs causing idiosyncratic hepatotoxicity in several recent series with up to 20% mortality in jaundiced subjects...
- Effect of sodium chloride on the gelation temperature, gel strength and bioadhesive force of poloxamer gels containing diclofenac sodiumC S Yong
College of Pharmacy, Yeungnam University, 214-1 Dae-dong, Gyongsan 712-749, South Korea
Int J Pharm 226:195-205. 2001..However, a liquid suppository system containing diclofenac sodium could not be developed using bioadhesive polymers, since the drug was precipitated in this preparation...
- Physiological effects of diclofenac, ibuprofen and propranolol on Baltic Sea blue musselsHanna Ericson
Department of Systems Ecology, Stockholm University, Svante Arrhenius Väg 21A, S 106 91 Stockholm, Sweden
Aquat Toxicol 99:223-31. 2010..In this study, Baltic Sea blue mussels, Mytilus edulis trossulus, were exposed to diclofenac, ibuprofen and propranolol, three pharmaceuticals that are produced and sold in large quantities and have a ..
- Safety and efficacy of topical diclofenac sodium gel for knee osteoarthritis in elderly and younger patients: pooled data from three randomized, double-blind, parallel-group, placebo-controlled, multicentre trialsHerbert S B Baraf
Center for Rheumatology and Bone Research, a division of the Arthritis and Rheumatism Associates, Wheaton, Maryland, USA
Drugs Aging 28:27-40. 2011..Topical NSAIDs reduce systemic NSAID exposure and may mitigate these risks...
- Safety profile of topical diclofenac: a meta-analysis of blinded, randomized, controlled trials in musculoskeletal conditionsR S Taylor
Peninsula College of Medicine and Dentistry, Universities of Exeter and Plymouth, Exeter, UK
Curr Med Res Opin 27:605-22. 2011..Topical non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) are clinically proven for the management of musculoskeletal conditions. It is important that prescribers and patients are aware of the safety profile of topical NSAIDs...
- Uptake and biological effects of environmentally relevant concentrations of the nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory pharmaceutical diclofenac in rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss)Alvine C Mehinto
Hatherly Laboratories, School of Biosciences, University of Ereter, Exeter EX4 4PS, UK
Environ Sci Technol 44:2176-82. 2010b>Diclofenac, a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug, is widely detected in surface waters and can potentially cause deleterious effects in fish...
- Celecoxib versus diclofenac plus omeprazole in high-risk arthritis patients: results of a randomized double-blind trialFrancis K L Chan
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Prince of Wales Hospital, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, Hong Kong SAR
Gastroenterology 127:1038-43. 2004..We studied the ulcer incidence and factors predicting ulcer recurrence in a prospective, double-blinded trial...
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug reduces neutrophil and macrophage accumulation but does not improve tendon regenerationDavid Marsolais
Department of Rehabilitation, Faculty of Medicine, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada
Lab Invest 83:991-9. 2003..thought to induce nonspecific damage following an injury, we tested the hypothesis that a 3-day treatment with diclofenac would protect tendons from inflammatory cell injury and would promote healing...
- Anti-inflammatory activity of gel containing novel elastic niosomes entrapped with diclofenac diethylammoniumA Manosroi
Faculty of Pharmacy, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
Int J Pharm 360:156-63. 2008..was to develop a novel elastic bilayer vesicle entrapped with the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), diclofenac diethylammonium (DCFD) for topical use...
- Apparent tolerance of turkey vultures (Cathartes aura) to the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug diclofenacBarnett A Rattner
Patuxent Wildlife Research Center, U S Geological Survey, Beltsville Agricultural Research Center East, Building 308, 10300 Baltimore Avenue, Beltsville, Maryland 20705, USA
Environ Toxicol Chem 27:2341-5. 2008The nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug diclofenac is extremely toxic to Old World Gyps vultures (median lethal dose -0.1-0.2 mg/kg), evoking visceral gout, renal necrosis, and mortality within a few days of exposure...
- Toxic effects of the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug diclofenac. Part II: cytological effects in liver, kidney, gills and intestine of rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss)R Triebskorn
Steinbeis Transfer Center for Ecotoxicology and Ecophysiology, Blumenstr 13, D 72108 Rottenburg, Germany
Aquat Toxicol 68:151-66. 2004..mykiss) exposed to five different concentrations (1, 5, 20, 100 and 500 microg/L) of the anti-inflammatory drug diclofenac under laboratory conditions...
- Guidelines for the management of actinic keratosesEggert Stockfleth
Department of Dermatology, Venerology and Allergology, Charite Campus Mitte, Universität Berlin Charitéplatz 1, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Eur J Dermatol 16:599-606. 2006
- Water-borne diclofenac affects kidney and gill integrity and selected immune parameters in brown trout (Salmo trutta f. fario)Birgit Hoeger
Environmental Toxicology, University of Konstanz, Konstanz, Germany
Aquat Toxicol 75:53-64. 2005..The objective of the present study was to investigate effects of the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug diclofenac, one of the pharmaceuticals most prevalent in surface waters, on brown trout (Salmo trutta f...
- Ex vivo skin delivery of diclofenac by transcutol containing liposomes and suggested mechanism of vesicle-skin interactionMaria Manconi
Department Farmaco Chimico Tecnologico, University of Cagliari, Cagliari, Italy
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 78:27-35. 2011..the possible mechanism of vesicle-skin interaction, we investigated transcutol containing PEVs as carriers for diclofenac, in the form of either acid or sodium salt...
- Assessment of diclofenac LC50 reference values in juvenile and embryonic stages of the zebrafish (Danio rerio)E Praskova
Department of Veterinary Public Health and Toxicology, Faculty of Veterinary Hygiene and Ecology, University of Veterinary and Pharmaceutical Sciences Brno, Palackeho 1 3, 612 42 Brno, Czech Republic
Pol J Vet Sci 14:545-9. 2011The aim of the study was to compare the acute toxicity of diclofenac to juvenile and embryonic stages of the zebrafish (Danio rerio)...
- Preventative topical diclofenac treatment differentially decreases tumor burden in male and female Skh-1 mice in a model of UVB-induced cutaneous squamous cell carcinomaErin M Burns
Department of Pathology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Carcinogenesis 34:370-7. 2013..Chronic inflammation has been linked to tumorigenesis, with a key role for the cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) enzyme. Diclofenac, a COX-2 inhibitor and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug, currently is prescribed to patients as a short-term ..
- Diclofenac inhibits lactate formation and efficiently counteracts local immune suppression in a murine glioma modelSridhar R Chirasani
Department of Neurology, University Medical Centre of Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Int J Cancer 132:843-53. 2013..Here, we report that diclofenac used at nontoxic concentrations significantly decreased lactate production in murine glioma cells and inhibited ..
- Chronic exposure to diclofenac on two freshwater cladocerans and Japanese medakaJinyoung Lee
School of Public Health, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 742, Republic of Korea
Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 74:1216-25. 2011Consequences of long-term exposure to diclofenac up to 3 months were evaluated using freshwater crustaceans (Daphnia magna and Moina macrocopa) and a fish (Oryzias latipes). Marked decrease of reproduction was observed at 25 mg/L for D...
- The non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs Sulindac sulfide and Diclofenac induce apoptosis and differentiation in human acute myeloid leukemia cells through an AP-1 dependent pathwayRaminder Singh
Department of Hematology, Oncology and Clinical Immunology, Heinrich Heine University, Dusseldorf, Germany
Apoptosis 16:889-901. 2011..AML patient samples and the AML cell lines THP-1 and HL-60 were treated with the NSAIDs Sulindac sulfide and Diclofenac. We analyzed viability, apoptosis, differentiation and addressed the molecular mechanisms involved...
- Topical diclofenac epolamine patch 1.3% for treatment of acute pain caused by soft tissue injuryB H McCarberg
Kaiser Permanente Health Care, Chronic Pain Management Program, Escondido, CA, USA
Int J Clin Pract 64:1546-53. 2010..The anti-inflammatory and analgesic potency of the traditional oral NSAID diclofenac, along with its physicochemical properties, makes it well suited for topical delivery...
- Drug targeting to inflammation: studies on antioxidant surface loaded diclofenac liposomesRaju Jukanti
Nanotechnology and Drug Targeting Laboratory, University College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kakatiya University, Warangal, Andhra Pradesh, India
Int J Pharm 414:179-85. 2011..We developed conventional and antioxidant loaded diclofenac (DFS) liposomes (co-enzyme Q10 and ascorbyl palmitate) for i.v...
- Nitrosothiol esters of diclofenac: synthesis and pharmacological characterization as gastrointestinal-sparing prodrugsU K Bandarage
NitroMed, Inc, 12 Oak Park Drive, Bedford, Massachusetts 01730, USA
J Med Chem 43:4005-16. 2000Despite its widespread use, diclofenac has gastrointestinal liabilities common to nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) that might be reduced by concomitant administration of a gastrointestinal cytoprotectant such as nitric oxide (..
- Treatment of osteoarthritis of the knee with a topical diclofenac solution: a randomised controlled, 6-week trial [ISRCTN53366886]Philip A Baer
Malvern Medical Centre, Toronto, Canada
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 6:44. 2005..The efficacy and safety of a topical diclofenac solution over a 6-week treatment course in symptomatic primary OA of the knee was investigated.
- Duration of treatment with nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and impact on risk of death and recurrent myocardial infarction in patients with prior myocardial infarction: a nationwide cohort studyAnne Marie Schjerning Olsen
Department of Cardiology, Copenhagen University Hospital, Gentofte, Denmark
Circulation 123:2226-35. 2011..We therefore studied the duration of NSAID treatment and cardiovascular risk in a nationwide cohort of patients with prior myocardial infarction (MI)...
- Endoplasmic reticulum stress response is involved in nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug-induced apoptosisS Tsutsumi
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Okayama University, Okayama, Japan
Cell Death Differ 11:1009-16. 2004..NSAIDs other than indomethacin (diclofenac, ibuprofen and celecoxib) also induced CHOP...
- Equivalence study of a topical diclofenac solution (pennsaid) compared with oral diclofenac in symptomatic treatment of osteoarthritis of the knee: a randomized controlled trialPeter S Tugwell
Centre for Global Health, Institute of Population Health, Department of Epidemiology and Community Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
J Rheumatol 31:2002-12. 2004To compare the safety and efficacy of a topical diclofenac solution versus oral diclofenac in relieving the symptoms of primary osteoarthritis (OA) of the knee, in a randomized, double-blind, double-dummy equivalence trial.
- Efficacy and safety of a topical diclofenac solution (pennsaid) in the treatment of primary osteoarthritis of the knee: a randomized, double-blind, vehicle-controlled clinical trialSanford H Roth
Arizona Research and Education, Phoenix, USA
Arch Intern Med 164:2017-23. 2004..A topical NSAID formulation may provide symptom relief with fewer adverse effects. A new topical diclofenac sodium solution-containing the absorption enhancer dimethyl sulfoxide-was evaluated for the relief of the ..
- Effect of a topical diclofenac solution for relieving symptoms of primary osteoarthritis of the knee: a randomized controlled trialArthur A M Bookman
Dimethaid Health Care Ltd, 1405 Denison Street, Markham, Ontario L3R 5V2, Canada
CMAJ 171:333-8. 2004..The objective of this trial was to assess the safety and efficacy of a topical diclofenac solution in relieving the symptoms of primary osteoarthritis of the knee.
- Cyclooxygenase-2 is expressed in neuroblastoma, and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs induce apoptosis and inhibit tumor growth in vivoJohn I Johnsen
Childhood Cancer Research Unit, Department of Woman and Child Health, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Cancer Res 64:7210-5. 2004..Treatment of established neuroblastoma xenografts in nude rats with the dual COX-1/COX-2 inhibitor diclofenac or the COX-2-specific inhibitor celecoxib significantly inhibited tumor growth in vivo (P < 0.001)...
- New, highly efficient formulation of diclofenac for the topical, transdermal administration in ultradeformable drug carriers, TransfersomesG Cevc
Medizinische Biophsik, Technische Universität Müchen, Munich, Germany
Biochim Biophys Acta 1514:191-205. 2001Transfenac, a lotion-like formulation of diclofenac, is described. It consists of pharmaceutically acceptable ingredients and mediates the agent transport through intact skin and into the target tissues...
- Preparation, characterization and permeation studies of a nanovesicular system containing diclofenac for transdermal deliveryPraveen Kumar Gaur
Department of Pharmaceutics, Jodhpur National University, Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India
Pharm Dev Technol 19:48-54. 2014..Transdermal formulations contain permeation enhancer which causes skin damage. Ceramide 2 is natural lipid found in stratum corneum (SC)...
- Effect of topical application of diclofenac liposomal suspension on experimentally induced subcutaneous inflammation in horsesFred J Caldwell
Department of Large Animal Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602, USA
Am J Vet Res 65:271-6. 2004To determine whether 1% diclofenac liposomal suspension (DLS) ointment would be absorbed transdermally and attenuate experimentally induced subcutaneous inflammation in horses.
- Development of iron/ethylcellulose (core/shell) nanoparticles loaded with diclofenac sodium for arthritis treatmentJose L Arias
Department of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Technology, Faculty of Pharmacy University of Granada, 18071 Granada, Spain
Int J Pharm 382:270-6. 2009b>Diclofenac sodium is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug of choice to treat arthritis because of its potential anti-inflammatory and analgesic activity...
- Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose films for the ophthalmic delivery of diclofenac sodiumSalah El-Sousi
Department of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Technology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Al Azhar University, Gaza, Palestine
J Pharm Pharmacol 65:193-200. 2013The aim of this study was to prepare diclofenac/hydroxypropylmethylcellulose (HPMC) and diclofenac-loaded nanoparticles/HPMC films as potential systems for ocular delivery.
- Transdermal drug delivery using microemulsion and aqueous systems: influence of skin storage conditions on the in vitro permeability of diclofenac from aqueous vehicle systemsAmnon C Sintov
Department of Pharmacology and School of Pharmacy, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, P O Box 653, Beer Sheva 84105, Israel
Int J Pharm 311:55-62. 2006The objective of this study was to evaluate the transdermal delivery potential of diclofenac-containing microemulsion system in vivo and in vitro...
- Short-term tests with a pilot sewage plant and biofilm reactors for the biological degradation of the pharmaceutical compounds clofibric acid, ibuprofen, and diclofenacC Zwiener
Engler Bunte Institut, Water Chemistry, Universitat Karlsruhe TH, Engler Bunte Ring 1, D 76131 Karlsruhe, Germany
Sci Total Environ 309:201-11. 2003The biodegradation of three active compounds of pharmaceuticals clofibric acid, ibuprofen, and diclofenac was investigated in short-term tests with a pilot sewage plant (PSP) and biofilm reactors (BFR, oxic and anoxic) as model systems ..
- The effects of diclofenac on early life stages of common carp (Cyprinus carpio)Stanislava Stěpánová
University of Veterinary and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Palackeho 1 3, 612 42 Brno, Czech Republic
Environ Toxicol Pharmacol 35:454-60. 2013b>Diclofenac residues have been found in surface water, and thus could present a potential risk to aquatic species...
- Effects of dexamethasone, diclofenac, or placebo on the inflammatory response after cataract surgeryC G Laurell
Karolinska Institute, St Erik s Eye Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Br J Ophthalmol 86:1380-4. 2002To compare the inflammatory response after phacoemulsification and intraocular lens (IOL) implantation using postoperative treatment with dexamethasone, diclofenac, or placebo.
- Markers of mitochondrial dysfunction during the diclofenac-induced apoptosis in melanoma cell linesFrancesco Albano
Dipartimento di Medicina Molecolare e Biotecnologie Mediche, Universita degli Studi di Napoli Federico II, Via S Pansini 5, 80131 Napoli, Italy
Biochimie 95:934-45. 2013..In particular, diclofenac, one of the most common NSAIDs, displays its anti-proliferative effect in many tumor lines, through an ..
- A randomized, open-label, comparative, 6-month trial of oral ultra-low doses of antibodies to tumor necrosis factor-alpha and diclofenac in rheumatoid arthritisJ L Dugina
Materia Medica Holding Research and Production Company, Moscow, Russian Federation
Int J Tissue React 27:15-21. 2005..The aim of this study was to assess clinical efficacy and safety of artrofoon in RA compared with diclofenac. In a 6-month, randomized, open-label, comparative trial, 60 patients with active RA (eight men and 52 women ..
- Effect of microenvironment pH of swellable and erodable buffered matrices on the release characteristics of diclofenac sodiumBashar M Al-Taani
Jordan University of Science and Technology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Irbid, Jordan
AAPS PharmSciTech 4:E43. 2003..and erodable-buffered matrices and to study the effect of the microenvironment pH on the release pattern of diclofenac sodium...
- Removal of diclofenac potassium from wastewater using clay-micelle complexRafik Karaman
Faculty of Pharmacy, Al Quds University, Jerusalem, Palestine
Environ Technol 33:1279-87. 2012The presence of an ionized carboxyl group in the widely used non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAID) drug diclofenac potassium results in a high mobility of diclofenac and in its low sorption under conditions of slow sand filtration or ..
- Optimization and evaluation of thermoresponsive diclofenac sodium ophthalmic in situ gelsRathapon Asasutjarit
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Srinakharinwirot University, 63 Rangsit Nakhonnayok Road, Nakhonnayok 26120, Thailand
Int J Pharm 411:128-35. 2011This work was conducted to optimize and evaluate Pluronic F127-based thermoresponsive diclofenac sodium ophthalmic in situ gels (DS in situ gel). They were prepared by cold method and investigated their physicochemical properties i.e...
- Comfrey extract ointment in comparison to diclofenac gel in the treatment of acute unilateral ankle sprains (distortions)Roberto D'Anchise
Istituto Ortopedico Galeazzi, Milano, Italy
Arzneimittelforschung 57:712-6. 2007A previously published study comparing the efficacy of comfrey extract to a commercial diclofenac (CAS 78213-16-8) preparation in the treatment of unilateral ankle sprains is critically re-evaluated...
- Combination of diclofenac plus somatostatin in the prevention of post-ERCP pancreatitis: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialP Katsinelos
Department of Endoscopy and Motility Unit, G Gennimatas General Hospital, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece
Endoscopy 44:53-9. 2012..The aim was to investigate the impact of combined therapy with diclofenac plus somatostatin on reducing the frequency and severity of post-ERCP pancreatitis (PEP).
- Sustained-release diclofenac potassium-loaded solid lipid microparticle based on solidified reverse micellar solution: in vitro and in vivo evaluationSalome Amarachi Chime
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology and Industrial Pharmacy, University of Nigeria, Nsukka 410001, Nigeria
J Microencapsul 30:335-45. 2013To formulate sustained-release diclofenac potassium-loaded solid lipid microparticles (SLMs) based on solidified reverse micellar solution (SRMS) and to evaluate the in vitro and in vivo properties.
- Uptake from water, biotransformation, and biliary excretion of pharmaceuticals by rainbow troutMarja Lahti
Division of Environmental Science and Technology, University of Jyvaskyla, Jyvaskyla, Finland
Environ Toxicol Chem 30:1403-11. 2011..Rainbow trout were exposed for 10 d under flow-through conditions to mixtures of five pharmaceuticals (diclofenac, naproxen, ibuprofen, bisoprolol, and carbamazepine) at high and low concentrations...
- Effect of sodium chloride on the release, absorption and safety of diclofenac sodium delivered by poloxamer gelYoung Joon Park
College of Pharmacy, Seoul National University, San 56 1, Shinlim Dong, Kwanak Ku, Seoul 151 742, South Korea
Int J Pharm 263:105-11. 2003..For the development of a thermosensitive diclofenac sodium-loaded poloxamer gel, here we investigated the effect of sodium chloride on the release, safety and ..
- Role of intestinal cytochrome p450 enzymes in diclofenac-induced toxicity in the small intestineYi Zhu
Wadsworth Center, New York State Department of Health, Empire State Plaza, Box 509, Albany, NY 12201 0509, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 343:362-70. 2012..was to determine the role of small intestinal (SI) cytochrome P450 (P450) enzymes in the metabolic activation of diclofenac (DCF), a widely used nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug, and DCF-induced intestinal toxicity...
- Treatment options for actinic keratosesWilliam J McIntyre
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences Area Health Education Center Southwest, Texarkana 71854, USA
Am Fam Physician 76:667-71. 2007..Fluorouracil has been the traditional topical treatment for actinic keratoses, although imiquimod 5% cream and diclofenac 3% gel are effective alternative therapies...
- Results of a randomized, placebo-controlled safety and efficacy study of topical diclofenac 3% gel in organ transplant patients with multiple actinic keratosesClaas Ulrich
Skin Cancer Centre Charité, Department of Dermatology, Charite Universitatsmedizin, Charite Platz 1, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Eur J Dermatol 20:482-8. 2010..Effective management of actinic keratoses (AK) could help to prevent the further development of invasive SCC. Diclofenac in hyaluronic acid has previously shown to be an effective and well tolerated option for the treatment of AK in ..
- Dithiolethione modified valproate and diclofenac increase E-cadherin expression and decrease proliferation of non-small cell lung cancer cellsTerry W Moody
National Cancer Institute, Office of the Director, Center for Cancer Research, Bethesda, MD 20892 1500, USA
Lung Cancer 68:154-60. 2010The effects of dithiolethione modified valproate, diclofenac and sulindac on non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) cells were investigated...
- ssDNA aptamers that recognize diclofenac and 2-anilinophenylacetic acidChoon Bok Joeng
College of Life Sciences and Biotechnology, Korea University, Anam Dong, Seongbuk gu, Seoul 136 701, South Korea
Bioorg Med Chem 17:5380-7. 2009A series of 56 ssDNA aptamer variants that bind to diclofenac (DCF) were selected from an initial pool of 2.4x10(14) ssDNA molecules by Flu-Mag SELEX process...
- Geranylgeranylacetone protects against diclofenac-induced gastric and small intestinal mucosal injuries in healthy subjects: a prospective randomized placebo-controlled double-blind cross-over studyYasumasa Niwa
Department of Gastroenterology, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
Digestion 80:260-6. 2009..We planned a pilot study to investigate the protective effects of geranylgeranylacetone (GGA) against NSAID-induced small intestinal injuries using video capsule endoscopy (VCE)...
- Alginate/chitosan particulate systems for sodium diclofenac releaseM L González-Rodríguez
Departamento de Farmacia y Tecnología Farmacacéutica, Facultad de Farmacia, C Profesor Garcia Gonzalez s n, Universidad de Sevilla, 41012, Sevilla, Spain
Int J Pharm 232:225-34. 2002Alginate/chitosan particles were prepared by ionic gelation (Ca2+ and Al3+) for the sodium diclofenac release. The systems were characterized by electron microscopy and differential scanning calorimetry...
- Efficacy of topical diclofenac diethylamine gel in osteoarthritis of the kneeFritz U Niethard
Orthopaedic Clinic, Universitatsklinikum Aachen, Germany
J Rheumatol 32:2384-92. 2005To assess the efficacy and safety of topical diclofenac diethylamine gel, 1.16%, 4 g applied qid for 3 weeks to relieve the symptoms of osteoarthritis (OA) of the knee.
- Tolerability of topical diclofenac sodium 1% gel for osteoarthritis in seniors and patients with comorbiditiesHerbert S B Baraf
Center for Rheumatology and Bone Research, a division of Arthritis and Rheumatism Associates, PC, Wheaton, Maryland, USA
Am J Geriatr Pharmacother 10:47-60. 2012..Topical NSAIDs produce lower systemic NSAID exposure compared with oral NSAIDs, offering potential benefits...
- Diclofenac attenuates the regional effect of lambda-carrageenan on blood-brain barrier function and cytoarchitectureTracy A Brooks
Departments of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Arizona Colleges of Pharmacy, Tucson, Arizona, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 325:665-73. 2008..It describes the role of cyclooxygenase (COX) up-regulation by blocking with diclofenac (30 mg/kg, i.p.), and it examines the variation in BBB regulation through various brain regions...
- Effectiveness of diclofenac versus acetaminophen in primary care patients with knee osteoarthritis: [NTR1485], DIPA-trial: design of a randomized clinical trialSaskia P J Verkleij
Department of General Practice, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, Netherlands
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 11:7. 2010..drugs, we present the design of a randomized open-label trial to investigate the efficacy of a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (diclofenac) compared with acetaminophen in new consulters with knee osteoarthritis in general practice.
- Efficacy and safety of four doses of lumiracoxib versus diclofenac in patients with knee or hip primary osteoarthritis: a phase II, four-week, multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialThomas J Schnitzer
Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Arthritis Rheum 51:549-57. 2004To compare the efficacy and tolerability of the novel cyclooxygenase 2-selective inhibitor lumiracoxib with placebo and diclofenac in osteoarthritis (OA).
- The anti-inflammatory drug Diclofenac retains anti-listerial activity in vivoN K Dutta
College of Veterinary Medicine and KRF Zoonotic Disease Priority Research Institute, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
Lett Appl Microbiol 47:106-11. 2008..The aim of this study was to investigate the possible effects of Diclofenac (Dc) in a murine listerial infection model.
- Gastrointestinal safety and anti-inflammatory effects of a hydrogen sulfide-releasing diclofenac derivative in the ratJohn L Wallace
Inflammation Research Network, University of Calgary, 3330 Hospital Drive NW, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Gastroenterology 132:261-71. 2007..In this study, we evaluated the gastrointestinal safety and anti-inflammatory effects of a novel "HS-NSAID" (ATB-337) that consists of diclofenac linked to a hydrogen sulfide-releasing moiety.
- Carbamazepine and diclofenac: removal in wastewater treatment plants and occurrence in water bodiesYongjun Zhang
Department of Environmental Process Engineering, Institute of Environmental Technology, Technical University of Berlin, Strasse des 17 Juni 135, Berlin 10623, Germany
Chemosphere 73:1151-61. 2008In the aquatic environment, pharmaceuticals have been widely found. Among them, carbamazepine and diclofenac were detected at the highest frequency...
- Diclofenac induces basophil degranulation without increasing CD63 expression in sensitive patientsA Malbran
Unidad de Alergia, Asma e Inmunología Clínica, Repulblica Argentina
Clin Exp Immunol 147:99-105. 2007b>Diclofenac (Dc) induces an IgE-independent basophil (Ba) degranulation in susceptible individuals. CD63 Ba expression is utilized as an in vitro test for diagnosis of drug hypersensitivity...
- Electrospun diclofenac sodium loaded Eudragit® L 100-55 nanofibers for colon-targeted drug deliveryXiaxia Shen
College of Chemistry, Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology, Donghua University, Shanghai 201620, PR China
Int J Pharm 408:200-7. 2011Eudragit® L 100-55 nanofibers loaded with diclofenac sodium (DS) were successfully prepared using an electrospinning process, and characterized for structural and pharmacodynamic properties...
- The role of CYP2C9 genotype in the metabolism of diclofenac in vivo and in vitroU Yasar
Department of Medical Laboratory Sciences and Technology, Karolinska Institutet at Huddinge University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 57:729-35. 2001..b>Diclofenac is metabolised to 4'-hydroxy (OH), the major diclofenac metabolite, 3'-OH and 3'-OH-4'-methoxy metabolites by ..
- Liposomal dexamethasone-diclofenac combinations for local osteoarthritis treatmentInbar Elron-Gross
Department of Biochemistry, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Int J Pharm 376:84-91. 2009Conventional chronic and acute treatments for osteoarthritis (OA) are by oral NSAIDs (such as diclofenac) and intra-articular injected glucocorticosteroids (such as dexamethasone)...
- Ultrastructural effects of pharmaceuticals (carbamazepine, clofibric acid, metoprolol, diclofenac) in rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) and common carp (Cyprinus carpio)R Triebskorn
Steinbeis Transfer Center for Ecotoxicology and Ecophysiology, Blumenstr 13, 72108 Rottenburg, Germany
Anal Bioanal Chem 387:1405-16. 2007..in aquatic wildlife, laboratory experiments were conducted with carbamazepine, clofibric acid, metoprolol, and diclofenac using fish as test organisms. For each substance, at least one environmentally relevant concentration was tested...
- Safety of intravitreal ketorolac and diclofenac: an electroretinographic and histopathologic studyStephen J Kim
Department of Ophthalmology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Retina 28:595-605. 2008To determine the clinical, histologic, and electroretinographic effects in the rabbit retina of escalating doses of two intravitreally delivered nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs): ketorolac and diclofenac.
- Characterization of the influence of polyol fatty acid esters on the permeation of diclofenac through rat skinK Takahashi
Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Mukogawa Women s University, 11 68 Koshien Kyuban cho, Nishinomiya, 663 8179, Hyogo, Japan
J Control Release 73:351-8. 2001..Removal of the stratum corneum and delipidization of the skin increased the permeation of diclofenac from aqueous suspension, with the enhancement effects being similar for both treatments...
- Diclofenac, a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug, activates the transient outward K+ current in rat cerebellar granule cellsLin Yun Liu
Center for Brain Science Research, Department of Physiology and Biophysics, School of Life Sciences, Fudan University, Shanghai 200433, PR China
Neuropharmacology 48:918-26. 2005b>Diclofenac, a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), has been widely investigated in terms of its pharmacological action, but less is known about its direct effect on ion channels...
- Diclofenac plus B vitamins versus diclofenac monotherapy in lumbago: the DOLOR studyM A Mibielli
Centro Universitário Serra dos Orgãos UNIFESO, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Curr Med Res Opin 25:2589-99. 2009To assess the influence of vitamins B1, B6 and B12 on the analgesia success achieved by diclofenac in subjects with acute lumbago.
- Modes of action of diclofenac 3%/hyaluronic acid 2.5% in the treatment of actinic keratosisAdrienne Maltusch
Skin Cancer Center, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Germany
J Dtsch Dermatol Ges 9:1011-7. 2011The efficacy of topically applied diclofenac 3 % in combination with hyaluronic acid 2.5 % in the treatment of actinic keratoses (AKs) has been demonstrated in several clinical studies, but the exact mode of action is still unclear...
- In vitro and in vivo evaluation of polyoxyethylene esters as dermal prodrugs of ketoprofen, naproxen and diclofenacF P Bonina
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, University of Catania, Viale A Doria 6, 95125 Catania, Italy
Eur J Pharm Sci 14:123-34. 2001Novel polyoxyethylene esters of ketoprofen (1(a-e)), naproxen (2(a-e)) and diclofenac (3(a-e)) were synthesized and evaluated as potential dermal prodrugs of naproxen, ketoprofen and diclofenac...
- Oral bioavailability, efficacy and gastric tolerability of P2026, a novel nitric oxide-releasing diclofenac in ratAsif R Pathan
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, Arkansas, USA
Inflammopharmacology 18:157-68. 2010..2-(2-(2,6-dichlorophenylamino)phenyl)acetate)], a novel NO (nitric oxide) donor prodrug of diclofenac for its ability to release NO and diclofenac, and whether P2026 provides advantage of improved activity/gastric ..
- Diclofenac attenuates Wnt/beta-catenin signaling in colon cancer cells by activation of NF-kappaBMunju Cho
PharmcoGenomic Research Center, Inje University, Busan 633 165, Republic of Korea
FEBS Lett 579:4213-8. 2005..We show that the NSAID diclofenac inhibits Wnt/beta-catenin signaling without altering the level of beta-catenin protein and reduces the ..
- Postoperative nefopam and diclofenac. Evaluation of their morphine-sparing effect after upper abdominal surgeryA C Moffat
Division of Anaesthesia, Law Hospital, Carluke, Lanarkshire
Anaesthesia 45:302-5. 1990The aim of the study was to assess the relative morphine-sparing effects of nefopam and diclofenac when used singly or in combination after upper abdominal surgery...
- Drug-drug interaction between diclofenac, cetirizine and ranitidineIhsan M Kenawi
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Cairo University, Giza, Egypt
J Pharm Biomed Anal 37:655-61. 2005The interactions between diclofenac (1), cetirizine (2) and ranitidine (3) were investigated by thermal analyses and UV, IR and (1)H NMR spectroscopic studies...
- Nocturnal enuresis: correction of renal function by desmopressin and diclofenacY V Natochin
J M Sechenov Institut of Evolutionary Physiology and Biochemistry, St Petersburg, Russia
Pediatr Nephrol 14:42-7. 2000..43 boys, 19 girls aged 6-15 years) were treated with either desmopressin (Adiuretin-SD) (n = 32) or sodium diclofenac (n = 30). Desmopressin was effective in 85% of children and diclofenac in 33%...
- SKI306X, an oriental herbal mixture, suppresses gastric leukotriene B4 synthesis without causing mucosal injury and the diclofenac-induced gastric lesionsJoo Hyon Kim
Life Science Research Center, SK Chemicals, 600 Jungja 1 Dong, Changan Ku, Suwon Si, Kyungki Do 440 745, Korea
Life Sci 77:1181-93. 2005..study, SKI306X was investigated for its gastro-sparing effects on the gastric mucosa comparing with those of diclofenac, a conventional NSAID, and celecoxib, a cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) specific inhibitor...
- Diclofenac inhibits tumor growth in a murine model of pancreatic cancer by modulation of VEGF levels and arginase activityNina Mayorek
Developmental Biology and Cancer Research, Institute for Medical Research Israel Canada, The Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem, Israel
PLoS ONE 5:e12715. 2010b>Diclofenac is one of the oldest anti-inflammatory drugs in use. In addition to its inhibition of cyclooxygenases (COX), diclofenac potently inhibits phospholipase A(2) (PLA(2)), thus yielding a broad anti-inflammatory effect...
- Rebamipide has the potential to reduce the intensity of NSAID-induced small intestinal injury: a double-blind, randomized, controlled trial evaluated by capsule endoscopyShunji Fujimori
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Nippon Medical School, 1 1 5 Sendagi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, 113 8603, Japan
J Gastroenterol 46:57-64. 2011..The purpose of this study was to re-evaluate the effect of the co-administration of rebamipide on small intestinal injuries induced by short-term NSAID treatment...
- Development of pH-sensitive tamarind seed polysaccharide-alginate composite beads for controlled diclofenac sodium delivery using response surface methodologyAmit Kumar Nayak
Seemanta Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Jharpokharia, Mayurbhanj, Orissa, India
Int J Biol Macromol 49:784-93. 2011..the development of novel pH-sensitive tamarind seed polysaccharide (TSP)-alginate composite beads for controlled diclofenac sodium delivery using response surface methodology by full 3(2) factorial design...
- Topical Nanoparticles for CNVUday B Kompella; Fiscal Year: 2010..the feasibility of using a nanoparticle technology of NanoTrans for topical administration of a model drug diclofenac, for the management of choroidal neovascularization...
- Aldo-keto reductase family 1 member B10 AKR1B10 in pancreatic carcinogenesisGuang Yu Yang; Fiscal Year: 2013..3) Diclofenac and Sulindac [non- steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)] are competitive inhibitors of AKR1B10...
- Chemo-enzymatic Approach to Late-stage Aromatic Fluorination of Drug ScaffoldsRYAN MARK LAUCHLI; Fiscal Year: 2012..of the aryl fluoride, and 3) to expand the strategy developed in aims 1 and 2 to the drugs warfarin and diclofenac. Using directed evolution, cytochrome P450 BM3 will be developed to carry out aromatic hydroxylation not only in ..
- Pharmaceutical polymorphs: an electronic approachMikhail Yu Antipin; Fiscal Year: 2010..We plan to grow polymorphs of five known pharmaceutical/bioactive compounds: acetaminophen, phenobarbital, diclofenac acid, glycine and thalidomide...
- Bioequivalence of topical drug products: in vitro - in vivo correlationsAudra L Stinchcomb; Fiscal Year: 2013..aims: [A] An initial, intensive, 12-month program of work focused on econazole, betamethasone valerate (BMV) and diclofenac. For the anti-fungal and BMV, to generate in vitro skin penetration and release test data for comparison and ..
- Early Events in Diclofenac EnteropathyMARY MOSLEN; Fiscal Year: 2004..will critically test our new hypothesis that drug-protein adducts are causal factors in the pathogenesis of diclofenac-induced ulcers in the small intestine...
- BIODEGRADABLE DELIVERY SYSTEM FOR NSAIDSARTHUR TIPTON; Fiscal Year: 1990..Five NSAIDs will be individually evaluated in the release system: naproxen, diclofenac, piroxicam, sulindac and flurbiprofen...
- ACYLCOA FORMATION--COVALENT BINDING, PHARMACOKINETICSLeslie Benet; Fiscal Year: 2002..derivatives in vivo and in vitro, 7) To identify the hepatic protein targets for reactive metabolites of diclofenac, resulting from either glucuronide or CoA-thioester intermediates, using 2D-PAGE and mass spectrometry; 8) To ..
- Novel ophthalmic drug delivery vehiclesHANS HOFLAND; Fiscal Year: 2002..b>Diclofenac is the drug model which is being used to develop this platform, but the platform will be able to accommodate any ..
- Clinical Studies with Phospholipid-Associated NSAIDsLenard Lichtenberger; Fiscal Year: 2004..biological activity of a formulation of aspirin (ASA) and another non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), diclofenac, chemically associated with the zwitterionic phospholipid, phosphatidylcholine (PC)...
- Selective inhibition of COX-2 by lumiracoxibANNA BLOBAUM; Fiscal Year: 2007..Lumiracoxib, a structural analog of diclofenac, is 500-fold more selective for COX-2 than COX-1. Currently, the basis for this selectivity remains unclear...
- Reducing Renal TGF-B in Diabetic GlomerulosclerosisMARGO COHEN; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- LDL Modification in Diabetic ComplicationsMARGO COHEN; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Point-of-Care Measurement of Glycated HemoglobinMARGO COHEN; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Health Promotion Intervention:Sedentary Care PatientsKerry Kuehl; Fiscal Year: 2008..Outcomes will be assessed using repeated measures design. Relationships among mediators, the intervention, and the outcome measures will be identified. ..
- Novel Imaging to Predict Cardiovascular Events in DiabetesZahi A Fayad; Fiscal Year: 2010..It is our expectation that our data will be utilized to evaluate and improve existent treatment and develop effective new therapies to decrease the burden of atherosclerotic disease in diabetes. ..
- CYCLOOXYGENASE/NUCLEOBINDIN INTERACTIONDANIEL SIMMONS; Fiscal Year: 2001..Additionally, a new variant of Nuc expressed in fibroblasts that lacks 33 amino acids in its COX binding domain will be examined. ..
- MOLECULAR MECHANISMS OF EIAV PERSISTENCEJERALD OAKS; Fiscal Year: 2001..These studies will provide insight into HIV persistence in HAART patients, and potentially provide a model that can be used to evaluate strategies for actual elimination of lentiviral infections. ..
- Dermatomyositis Skin Disease Severity Measure ValidationJOSPEH JORIZZO; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- STUDY OF OSTEOPOROTIC FRACTURESMarc Hochberg; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- THERAPY FOR GASTROINTESTINAL DISORDERSElizabeth Dial; Fiscal Year: 2002..Development of this therapeutic potential for rhLF will fulfill a crucial need for a way to safely administer NSAIDs. PROPOSED COMMERCIAL APPLICATION: NOT AVAILABLE ..
- SYNERGISM AND MEDICATIONS DEVELOPMENT FOR DRUG ABUSERonald Tallarida; Fiscal Year: 2004..This guide is the newest aim of this revised application. ..
- Role of T Cells in Lung Disease in Systemic SclerosisMarc Hochberg; Fiscal Year: 2006..The new information that is gained will advance knowledge of T-cell dependent mechanisms of pulmonary fibrosis in scleroderma. ..
- Assessment of Infant Outcomes After in Utero Exposure to Antiretroviral TherapySonia Hernandez diaz; Fiscal Year: 2010..We propose to evaluate the risk of congenital malformations and other adverse pregnancy outcomes following antenatal exposure to ART in a prospective cohort of pregnant women. ..