Genomes and Genes
Summary: A non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agent (NSAID) with antipyretic and analgesic actions. It is primarily available as the sodium salt.
Publications279 found, 100 shown here
- Cardiorenal effects of celecoxib as compared with the nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs diclofenac and ibuprofenA Whelton
The Universal Clinical Research Center Inc, Hunt Valley, Maryland 21030 1603, USA
Kidney Int 70:1495-502. 2006..are associated with decreased renal function and blood pressure (BP) effects compared with standard doses of diclofenac and ibuprofen in osteoarthritis (OA) and rheumatoid arthritis (RA) patients...
- Randomized controlled trial of diclofenac sodium gel in knee osteoarthritisH Richard Barthel
Semin Arthritis Rheum 39:203-12. 2009..This study assessed the efficacy and safety of topical diclofenac sodium 1% gel (DSG) in mild to moderate symptomatic knee osteoarthritis.
- Treatment of osteoarthritis of the knee with a topical diclofenac solution: a randomised controlled, 6-week trial [ISRCTN53366886]Philip A Baer
Malvern Medical Centre, Toronto, Canada
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 6:44. 2005..The efficacy and safety of a topical diclofenac solution over a 6-week treatment course in symptomatic primary OA of the knee was investigated.
- Efficacy and safety of topical diclofenac containing dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO) compared with those of topical placebo, DMSO vehicle and oral diclofenac for knee osteoarthritisLee S Simon
SDG LLC Consulting, 124 Mt Auburn Street, Cambridge, MA, USA
Pain 143:238-45. 2009..We conducted a 12-week, double-blind, double-dummy, randomized controlled trial of topical diclofenac (TDiclo) in a vehicle solution containing dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO) in 775 subjects with radiologically ..
- Effect of a topical diclofenac solution for relieving symptoms of primary osteoarthritis of the knee: a randomized controlled trialArthur A M Bookman
Dimethaid Health Care Ltd, 1405 Denison Street, Markham, Ontario L3R 5V2, Canada
CMAJ 171:333-8. 2004..The objective of this trial was to assess the safety and efficacy of a topical diclofenac solution in relieving the symptoms of primary osteoarthritis of the knee...
- Efficacy and safety of a topical diclofenac solution (pennsaid) in the treatment of primary osteoarthritis of the knee: a randomized, double-blind, vehicle-controlled clinical trialSanford H Roth
Arizona Research and Education, Phoenix, USA
Arch Intern Med 164:2017-23. 2004..A topical NSAID formulation may provide symptom relief with fewer adverse effects. A new topical diclofenac sodium solution-containing the absorption enhancer dimethyl sulfoxide-was evaluated for the relief of the ..
- Cardiovascular risk and inhibition of cyclooxygenase: a systematic review of the observational studies of selective and nonselective inhibitors of cyclooxygenase 2Patricia McGettigan
Discipline of Clinical Pharmacology, School of Medicine and Public Health, The University of Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
JAMA 296:1633-44. 2006..06 (95% CI, 0.91-1.23). Among older nonselective drugs, diclofenac had the highest risk with a summary relative risk of 1.40 (95% CI, 1.16-1.70)...
- Effects of diclofenac on periosteal callus maturation in osteotomy healing in an animal modelGert D Krischak
Department of Traumatology, Hand, Plastic, and Reconstructive Surgery, University of Ulm, Steinhoevelstr 9, 89075 Ulm, Germany
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 127:3-9. 2007..Our hypothesis was that callus formation is delayed in animals treated with the non-specific NSAID diclofenac.
- An isobolographic analysis of the adrenergic modulation of diclofenac antinociceptionH F Miranda
Pharmacology Program, ICBM, Faculty of Medicine, University of Chile, Santiago 7, Chile
Anesth Analg 93:430-5, 4th contents page. 2001We evaluated the noradrenergic modulation of the antinociceptive activity of diclofenac in mice using the acetic acid writhing test...
- Diclofenac-induced acute corneal melt after collagen crosslinking for keratoconusNikhil S Gokhale
Gokhale Eye Hospital and Eyebank, Mumbai, India
Cornea 29:117-9. 2010We report a case of acute corneal melt with perforation in a patient with keratoconus after collagen crosslinking treatment and the use of topical diclofenac and proparacaine eyedrops.
- How common is diclofenac-associated liver injury? Analysis of 17,289 arthritis patients in a long-term prospective clinical trialLoren Laine
University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 104:356-62. 2009Few data are available from prospective trials to define the hepatotoxicity of diclofenac, the most widely prescribed non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) in the world...
- A long-term, open-label study to confirm the safety of topical diclofenac solution containing dimethyl sulfoxide in the treatment of the osteoarthritic kneeJ Zev Shainhouse
Nuvo Research Inc, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Am J Ther 17:566-76. 2010To assess the long-term safety of a topical solution of diclofenac sodium in a vehicle containing dimethyl sulfoxide (TDiclo), subjects with radiologically confirmed, symptomatic osteoarthritis of the knee(s) applied the clinical dose of ..
- New, highly efficient formulation of diclofenac for the topical, transdermal administration in ultradeformable drug carriers, TransfersomesG Cevc
Medizinische Biophsik, Technische Universität Müchen, Munich, Germany
Biochim Biophys Acta 1514:191-205. 2001Transfenac, a lotion-like formulation of diclofenac, is described. It consists of pharmaceutically acceptable ingredients and mediates the agent transport through intact skin and into the target tissues...
- Role of mitochondrial permeability transition in diclofenac-induced hepatocyte injury in ratsYasuhiro Masubuchi
Department of Biopharmaceutics, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chiba University, 1-33 Yayoi-cho, Inage-ku, Chiba 263-8522, Japan
Hepatology 35:544-51. 2002Hepatotoxicity of diclofenac has been known in experimental animals and humans but its mechanism has not been fully understood...
- Diclofenac sodium gel in patients with primary hand osteoarthritis: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialRoy D Altman
Department of Rheumatology and Immunology, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
J Rheumatol 36:1991-9. 2009To measure the efficacy and safety of diclofenac sodium gel in patients with primary hand osteoarthritis (OA).
- Equivalence study of a topical diclofenac solution (pennsaid) compared with oral diclofenac in symptomatic treatment of osteoarthritis of the knee: a randomized controlled trialPeter S Tugwell
Centre for Global Health, Institute of Population Health, Department of Epidemiology and Community Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
J Rheumatol 31:2002-12. 2004OBJECTIVE:. To compare the safety and efficacy of a topical diclofenac solution versus oral diclofenac in relieving the symptoms of primary osteoarthritis (OA) of the knee, in a randomized, double-blind, double-dummy equivalence trial...
- Dose-dependent inhibition of diclofenac sodium on posterior lumbar interbody fusion ratesJose Miguel T Lumawig
Department of Orthopedics, Philippine General Hospital, Taft Avenue, Manila, Philippines
Spine J 9:343-9. 2009..b>Diclofenac sodium is no exception...
- Duration of treatment with nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and impact on risk of death and recurrent myocardial infarction in patients with prior myocardial infarction: a nationwide cohort studyAnne Marie Schjerning Olsen
Department of Cardiology, Copenhagen University Hospital, Gentofte, Denmark
Circulation 123:2226-35. 2011..We therefore studied the duration of NSAID treatment and cardiovascular risk in a nationwide cohort of patients with prior myocardial infarction (MI)...
- A pilot study of the effect of diclofenac with B vitamins for the treatment of acute pain following lower-limb fracture and surgeryAlexis F Garza
Hospital General de los Servicios de Salud del Estado de Hidalgo, Pachuca, Hidalgo, Mexico
Proc West Pharmacol Soc 51:70-2. 2008..pilot study was to compare the efficacy and tolerability of the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), diclofenac (2-(2,6-dichloranilino) phenylacetic acid), for treatment of acute pain originated by lower-limb fracture and ..
- Diclofenac hydroxylation in monkeys: efficiency, regioselectivity, and response to inhibitorsCuyue Tang
Departments of Drug Metabolism, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, Pennsylvania 19486, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 73:880-90. 2007The catalytic efficiency, regioselectivity, and response to chemical inhibitors of diclofenac (DF) hydroxylation in three Old World monkey liver microsomes (rhesus, cynomolgus, and African green monkey) are different from those determined ..
- Quantitative determination of diclofenac sodium and aminophylline in injection solutions by FT-Raman spectroscopySylwester Mazurek
Faculty of Chemistry, , 14 F. Joliot-Curie, , Poland
J Pharm Biomed Anal 40:1235-42. 2006The FT-Raman quantification of diclofenac sodium and aminophylline commercial injection solutions was performed...
- Transport of diclofenac by breast cancer resistance protein (ABCG2) and stimulation of multidrug resistance protein 2 (ABCC2)-mediated drug transport by diclofenac and benzbromaroneJurjen S Lagas
Division of Experimental Therapy, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Drug Metab Dispos 37:129-36. 2009b>Diclofenac is an important analgesic and anti-inflammatory drug, widely used for treatment of postoperative pain, rheumatoid arthritis, and chronic pain associated with cancer...
- Diclofenac induces basophil degranulation without increasing CD63 expression in sensitive patientsA Malbran
Unidad de Alergia, Asma e Inmunología Clínica, Repulblica Argentina
Clin Exp Immunol 147:99-105. 2007b>Diclofenac (Dc) induces an IgE-independent basophil (Ba) degranulation in susceptible individuals. CD63 Ba expression is utilized as an in vitro test for diagnosis of drug hypersensitivity...
- Gastrointestinal safety and anti-inflammatory effects of a hydrogen sulfide-releasing diclofenac derivative in the ratJohn L Wallace
Inflammation Research Network, University of Calgary, 3330 Hospital Drive NW, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Gastroenterology 132:261-71. 2007..In this study, we evaluated the gastrointestinal safety and anti-inflammatory effects of a novel "HS-NSAID" (ATB-337) that consists of diclofenac linked to a hydrogen sulfide-releasing moiety.
- The effect of glycyrrhizin on the release rate and skin penetration of diclofenac sodium from topical formulationsA Nokhodchi
Department of Pharmacy, School of Health and Life Sciences, Franklin Wilkins Building, 150 Stamford Street, London SE1 9NN, UK
Farmaco 57:883-8. 2002..glandulifera (licorice roots) on the percutaneous absorption of diclofenac sodium from sodium carboxymethylcellulose (NaCMC) gels or oil-in-water (o/w) emulsion was investigated...
- Quantitative determination of diclofenac sodium in solid dosage forms by FT-Raman spectroscopySylwester Mazurek
Department of Chemistry, University of Wrocław, 14 F Joliot Curie, 50 383 Wrocław, Poland
J Pharm Biomed Anal 48:814-21. 2008The FT-Raman quantification of diclofenac sodium in tablets and capsules was performed with the help of the partial least squares (PLS), principal component regression (PCR) and counter-propagation artificial neural networks (CP-ANN) ..
- A single-blind, randomized, controlled trial to assess the efficacy and tolerability of rofecoxib, diclofenac sodium, and meloxicam in patients with acute gouty arthritisTien Tsai Cheng
Section of Allergy, Immunology and Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taiwan, Republic of China
Clin Ther 26:399-406. 2004..Rofecoxib is a specific cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitor, which has demonstrated analgesic efficacy in the setting of acute pain. Whether it is effective in the treatment of acute gouty arthritis remains to be evaluated...
- Diclofenac suppository analgesia for transrectal ultrasound guided biopsies of the prostate: a double-blind, randomized controlled trialA Haq
Department of Urology, Ipswich Hospital, Ipswich, United Kingdom
J Urol 171:1489-91. 2004..We prospectively evaluated the effect of diclofenac suppositories on pain experienced by men undergoing TRUS and prostate biopsy...
- Population pharmacokinetic modelling of the enterohepatic recirculation of diclofenac and rofecoxib in ratsD R H Huntjens
Division of Pharmacology, Leiden Amsterdam Center for Drug Research, Leiden University, Leiden, The Netherlands
Br J Pharmacol 153:1072-84. 2008..The aim of this investigation was to develop a population pharmacokinetic model for diclofenac and rofecoxib that describes EHC and to assess its consequence for the pharmacodynamics of both drugs.
- Rate of decline of the Oriental white-backed vulture population in India estimated from a survey of diclofenac residues in carcasses of ungulatesRhys E Green
Conservation Science Group, Department of Zoology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 2:e686. 2007The non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug diclofenac is a major cause of the rapid declines in the Indian subcontinent of three species of vultures endemic to South Asia. The drug causes kidney failure and death in vultures...
- Potential management of resistant microbial infections with a novel non-antibiotic: the anti-inflammatory drug diclofenac sodiumNoton Kumar Dutta
Institute of Laboratory Animal Resources, Laboratory Animal Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, 85 Dong, 733 Ho, Seoul National University, San 56 1, Sillim 9 Dong, Gwanakgu, Seoul, South Korea
Int J Antimicrob Agents 30:242-9. 2007b>Diclofenac sodium (Dc), an anti-inflammatory agent, has remarkable inhibitory action both against drug-sensitive and drug-resistant clinical isolates of various Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria...
- Once-daily, controlled-release tramadol and sustained-release diclofenac relieve chronic pain due to osteoarthritis: a randomized controlled trialA D Beaulieu
Centre de Rhumatologie St Louis, Ste Foy, Canada
Pain Res Manag 13:103-10. 2008The present study was a randomized, parallel, double-blind comparison between controlled-release (CR) tramadol and sustained-release (SR) diclofenac in patients with chronic pain due to osteoarthritis of the hips and/or knees.
- Validation of a tubular bismuth film amperometric detector. Determination of diclofenac sodium by multisyringe flow injection analysisJose A Rodriguez
Centro de Investigaciones Quimicas, Universidad Autonoma del Estado de Hidalgo, Carr Pachuca Tulancingo km 4 5, 42060 Pachuca, Hidalgo, Mexico
J Pharm Biomed Anal 45:47-53. 2007..of a multisyringe flow injection system, was used as an amperometric detector to determine the concentration of diclofenac sodium in pharmaceutical formulations...
- Effect of meloxicam and diclofenac sodium on peri-implant bone healing in ratsAlethéia B Pablos
Department of Implantology, São Leopoldo Mandic Dental Research Center, Campinas, SP, Brazil
J Periodontol 79:300-6. 2008This study evaluated the effects of diclofenac sodium and meloxicam on peri-implant bone healing.
- In vitro and in vivo comparison of two diclofenac sodium sustained release oral formulationsSheng-Fang Su
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, National Cheng Kung University, Medical College, Tainan 70101, Taiwan, ROC
Int J Pharm 260:39-46. 2003The aim of this study was to investigate the effect of formulation on the pharmacokinetics of diclofenac in two sustained release formulations (formulation A and Voltaren SR) after oral delivery...
- The non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug diclofenac reduces appearance of osteoblasts in bone defect healing in ratsG D Krischak
Clinic for Traumatology, Hand, Plastic, and Reconstructive Surgery, Centre for Surgery, University of Ulm, Steinhoevelstr 9, 89075 Ulm, Germany
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 127:453-8. 2007..We studied whether diclofenac, a non-selective NSAID, also impairs appearance of osteoblasts in vivo during the early phase of healing (at 10 ..
- Evaluation of a synergistic combination between the non-antibiotic microbicides diclofenac and trifluoperazineSujata G Dastidar
Int J Antimicrob Agents 21:599-601. 2003
- [Rhabdomyolysis after administration of diclofenac]K Knobloch
Unfallchirurgische Klinik, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Hannover
Unfallchirurg 108:415-7. 2005..We describe a case of diclofenac-induced rhabdomyolysis after a cumulative dose of 200 mg per os with consecutive critical increase of the ..
- Genetic susceptibility to diclofenac-induced hepatotoxicity: contribution of UGT2B7, CYP2C8, and ABCC2 genotypesAnn K Daly
School of Clinical and Laboratory Sciences, University of Newcastle Medical School, Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Gastroenterology 132:272-81. 2007b>Diclofenac is a widely used nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug and is among the most common drugs causing idiosyncratic hepatotoxicity in several recent series with up to 20% mortality in jaundiced subjects...
- Application of a chemometric method for simultaneous determination of acetaminophen and diclofenac in content-uniformity and drug-dissolution studiesPatricia M Castellano
, , Universidad Nacional de Rosario, Suipacha 531, Rosario (S2002LRK, Argentina
Anal Bioanal Chem 382:1711-4. 2005A new, repeatable, and rapid method has been developed for resolution of binary mixtures of acetaminophen and diclofenac with minimum sample pretreatment and without separation of the analytes...
- Diclofenac plus B vitamins versus diclofenac monotherapy in lumbago: the DOLOR studyM A Mibielli
Centro Universitário Serra dos Orgãos UNIFESO, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Curr Med Res Opin 25:2589-99. 2009To assess the influence of vitamins B1, B6 and B12 on the analgesia success achieved by diclofenac in subjects with acute lumbago.
- Pharmacological evidence for the activation of K(+) channels by diclofenacMario I Ortiz
, , , D.F, Mexico
Eur J Pharmacol 438:85-91. 2002The involvement of K(+) channels in the antinociceptive action of diclofenac was assessed in the formalin test...
- Topical diclofenac solutionMarit D Moen
Adis, a Wolters Kluwer Business, Auckland, New Zealand
Drugs 69:2621-32. 2009Topical diclofenac solution (Pennsaid) is a liquid formulation containing the NSAID diclofenac sodium (1.5% w/w). The solution base contains 45% w/w dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO) to enhance the absorption of diclofenac through the skin...
- Chemopreventive response of diclofenac, a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug in experimental carcinogenesisM Kaur Saini
Department of Biophysics, Panjab University, Chandigarh, India
Nutr Hosp 24:717-23. 2009The chemopreventive response was evaluated of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug, Diclofenac, a preferential cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) inhibitor in 1,2-dimethyhydrazine (DMH)-induced colon cancer in rat model...
- Pharmacokinetic of diclofenac in the presence and absence of glibenclamide in the ratMaría R León-Reyes
Sección de Estudios de Postgrado e Investigación, Escuela Superior de Medicina, Instituto Politecnico Nacional, Mexico, D F, Mexico
J Pharm Pharm Sci 12:280-7. 2009..view of the vast clinical uses and interactions of NSAIDs with commonly used therapeutic agents, the interaction of the NSAID diclofenac and glibenclamide was investigated about pharmacokinetic profile and antinociceptive effect in rats.
- Clinical efficacy of diclofenac sodium and flunixin meglumine as adjuncts to antibacterial treatment of respiratory disease of calvesM Guzel
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Mustafa Kemal, 31040, Hatay, Turkey
Aust Vet J 88:236-9. 2010To compare the efficacy of the non-steroidal antiinflammatory drugs, diclofenac sodium and flunixin meglumine as adjuncts to the antibiotic treatment of bovine respiratory disease (BRD).
- Efficacy and tolerability of preservative-free and preserved diclofenac and preserved ketorolac eyedrops after cataract surgerySaskia M Maca
Department of Ophthalmology and Optometry, Medical University Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Am J Ophthalmol 149:777-84. 2010To compare the anti-inflammatory efficacy and subjective tolerability of preservative-free and preserved diclofenac 0.1% and preserved ketorolac 0.5% eye drops for prophylaxis and management of inflammation after cataract surgery.
- Protection from diclofenac-induced small intestinal injury by the JNK inhibitor SP600125 in a mouse model of NSAID-associated enteropathyVeronica Ramirez-Alcantara
University of Connecticut School of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Storrs, Connecticut 06269 3092, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 297:G990-8. 2009Small intestinal ulceration, bleeding, and inflammation are major adverse effects associated with the use of diclofenac (DCF) or other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)...
- Preoperative rectal diclofenac versus paracetamol for tonsillectomy: effects on pain and blood lossA Schmidt
Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, , Sweden
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 45:48-52. 2001BACKGROUND: Diclofenac is widely used for postoperative analgesia but the perioperative safety of this drug is controversial because of its effect on platelet aggregation, which might increase blood loss...
- Induction of apoptosis as a potential chemopreventive effect of dual cycloxygenase inhibitor, diclofenac, in early colon carcinogenesisSankar Nath Sanyal
Department of Biophysics, Panjab University, Chandigarh 160 014, India
J Environ Pathol Toxicol Oncol 29:41-53. 2010We evaluated the role of diclofenac, a dual cycloxygenase inhibitor, in chemoprevention of 1,2-dimethylhydrazine (DMH)-induced colon carcinogenesis in rat model...
- Celecoxib versus omeprazole and diclofenac in patients with osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis (CONDOR): a randomised trialFrancis K L Chan
Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Hong Kong SAR, China
Lancet 376:173-9. 2010..We aimed to compare risk of gastrointestinal events associated with celecoxib versus diclofenac slow release plus omeprazole.
- Diclofenac distinguishes among homomeric and heteromeric potassium channels composed of KCNQ4 and KCNQ5 subunitsLioubov I Brueggemann
Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
Mol Pharmacol 79:10-23. 2011..Using patch-clamp techniques, we compared the electrophysiological characteristics and effects of diclofenac, a known KCNQ channel activator, on human KCNQ4 and KCNQ5 channels expressed individually or together in A7r5 ..
- Efficacy and tolerability of a new powdered formulation of diclofenac potassium for oral solution for the acute treatment of migraine: results from the International Migraine Pain Assessment Clinical Trial (IMPACT)Richard B Lipton
Department of Neurology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Cephalalgia 30:1336-45. 2010This study assessed the efficacy of diclofenac potassium for oral solution, a novel water-soluble buffered powder formulation, versus placebo for the acute treatment of migraine...
- Zn-Al-NO(3)-layered double hydroxides with intercalated diclofenac for ocular deliveryFeng Cao
Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, China Pharmaceutical University, No 24 Tongjia Xiang, Nanjing 210009, China
Int J Pharm 404:250-6. 2011..b>Diclofenac was successfully intercalated into Zn-Al-NO(3)-LDH by coprecipitation method...
- Indirect fluorometric determination of diclofenac sodiumMarcela A Castillo
, Facultad de Ciencias Exactas, Universidad Nacional de La Plata, Argentina
Anal Sci 22:431-3. 2006A simple and easy method of analysis for diclofenac sodium is reported...
- Effect of pH on diclofenac release from Eudragit RS100 microparticles. A kinetic study by DSCF Castelli
Dipartimento di Scienze Chimiche, Universita di Catania, Italy
Drug Deliv 8:173-7. 2001The present work is aimed at investigating the release of Diclofenac (DCF) from Eudragit RS100 (RS) microparticles to a biological model membrane consisting of dimyristoylphosphatidylcholine (DMPC) multilamellar vesicles (MLV)...
- Gravimetric method for the determination of diclofenac in pharmaceutical preparationsMatthieu Tubino
State University of Campinas, Institute of Chemistry, CP 6154, 13083 970 Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J AOAC Int 88:1684-7. 2005A gravimetric method for the determination of diclofenac in pharmaceutical preparations was developed. Diclofenac is precipitated from aqueous solution with copper(II) acetate in pH 5.3 (acetic acid/acetate buffer)...
- Topical ketoprofen TDS patch versus diclofenac gel: efficacy and tolerability in benign sport related soft-tissue injuriesFrancisco Esparza
Centro Médico Juan XXIII, Murcia, Spain
Br J Sports Med 41:134-9. 2007To compare the ketoprofen TDS patch with diclofenac gel in the treatment of traumatic acute pain in benign sport-related soft-tissue injuries.
- Experimental studies on synergism between aminoglycosides and the antimicrobial antiinflammatory agent diclofenac sodiumS Annadurai
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Jadavpur University, Calcutta, India
J Chemother 14:47-53. 2002The antiinflammatory agent diclofenac sodium (Dc) exhibited remarkable antibacterial effects both in vitro and in vivo...
- The effect of a single dose prednisolone with and without diclofenac on pain, trismus, and swelling after removal of mandibular third molarsM Cemil Buyukkurt
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Ataturk University, Erzurum, Turkey
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 64:1761-6. 2006The purpose of this study was to evaluate the effect of a single intramuscular dose of prednisolone and the prednisolone-diclofenac combination on postoperative pain, trismus, and edema after the removal of third molars.
- Disparate effects of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs on apoptosis in guinea-pig gastric mucous cells: inhibition of basal apoptosis by diclofenacMiranda Ashton
Pharmaceutical Sciences Institute, Aston University, Aston Triangle, Birmingham B4 7ET
Br J Pharmacol 135:407-16. 2002..The present work therefore compared the actions of diclofenac, ibuprofen, indomethacin, and the cyclo-oxygenase-2 selective inhibitor, NS-398, on a primary culture of guinea-..
- [Double blind placebo-controlled study on efficacy, acceptability and safety of mouthwash diclofenac in oral or periodontal postoperative period]R L Weinstein
Cattedra di Parodontologia, Dipartimento di Medicina, Chirurgia e Odontoiatria, , Milan, Italy
Minerva Stomatol 50:315-9. 2001BACKGROUND: In a double blind clinical study the efficacy, acceptability and safety of a mouthwash containing diclofenac 0.074% DI-CO in patients undergone to oral or periodontal surgery was evaluated compared to placebo...
- Oral delivery of diclofenac sodium using a novel solid-in-oil suspensionHongyu Piao
Department of Applied Chemistry, Graduate School of Engineering, Kyushu University, 744 Motooka, Fukuoka 819-0395, Japan
Int J Pharm 313:159-62. 2006The present work reports on a new pharmaceutical formulation for oral delivery of diclofenac sodium (DFNa), a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID)...
- Nicolau syndrome following intramuscular diclofenac administration: a case reportC Lie
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, The University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong
J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong) 14:104-7. 2006..We report a case of Nicolau syndrome following an intramuscular injection of diclofenac. The large ulceration over the right buttock was positive for Pseudomonas aeruginosa, and histology revealed ..
- Cyclooxygenase-2 is expressed in neuroblastoma, and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs induce apoptosis and inhibit tumor growth in vivoJohn I Johnsen
Childhood Cancer Research Unit, Department of Woman and Child Health, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Cancer Res 64:7210-5. 2004..Treatment of established neuroblastoma xenografts in nude rats with the dual COX-1/COX-2 inhibitor diclofenac or the COX-2-specific inhibitor celecoxib significantly inhibited tumor growth in vivo (P < 0.001)...
- Interactions between aspirin and COX-2 inhibitors or NSAIDs in a rat thrombosis modelAnwar Umar
Department of Pharmacology, , 33076 Bordeaux, France
Fundam Clin Pharmacol 18:559-63. 2004..5 and 5 mg/kg), and ibuprofen (4 and 15 mg/kg), diclofenac (2.5 mg/kg), flurbiprofen (2 mg/kg), celecoxib (7...
- Cardiovascular outcomes in high risk patients with osteoarthritis treated with ibuprofen, naproxen or lumiracoxibM E Farkouh
Mount Sinai Cardiovascular Institute, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Place, Box 1074, New York, NY 10029, USA
Ann Rheum Dis 66:764-70. 2007..However, evidence from prospective studies of currently available COX-2 inhibitors and non-selective NSAIDs is lacking in patients at high cardiovascular risk who are taking aspirin...
- Therapeutic arthritis research and gastrointestinal event trial of lumiracoxib - study design and patient demographicsC J Hawkey
University Hospital, Nottingham, UK
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 20:51-63. 2004..Previous outcomes studies have, variously, lacked power to investigate this endpoint, focused on broader outcomes, or been too small to quantify the influence of aspirin...
- Comparative efficacy of aceclofenac and etoricoxib in post extraction pain control: randomized control trialS Chalini
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Ragas Dental College and Hospital, Chennai, Tamilnadu
Indian J Dent Res 16:47-50. 2005..64 patients completed the study. Efficacy of pain control over baseline data documented in both the treatment groups were statistically significant (p<0.05). There was no significant difference between the two drugs...
- Prevalence and mechanism of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug-induced clinical relapse in patients with inflammatory bowel diseaseKen Takeuchi
Department of Internal Medicine, Guy's, King's, St Thomas' Medical School, London, United Kingdom
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 4:196-202. 2006..colitis received the non-NSAID analgesic acetaminophen (n = 26) and the conventional NSAIDs naproxen (n = 32), diclofenac (n = 29), and indomethacin (n = 22) for 4 weeks. The Harvey-Bradshaw index was used to define relapse...
- [What do we know about the cardiovascular toxicity of the NSAIDs?]Jean Sibilia
Service de Rhumatologie, CHU de Strasbourg, Hopital de Hautepierre, Strasbourg 67000
Presse Med 35:1S11-23. 2006..No short-term arterial thrombotic risk of the coxibs and NSAIDs has been clearly demonstrated...
- Factors involved in upregulation of inducible nitric oxide synthase in rat small intestine following administration of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugsKoji Takeuchi
Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Kyoto Pharmaceutical University, Misasagi, Yamashina, Kyoto, 607, Japan. takeuchi@ mb.kyoto-phu.ac.jp
Dig Dis Sci 51:1250-9. 2006..Conventional NSAIDs (indomethacin, diclofenac, naproxen, and flurbiprofen), a selective cyclooxygenase (COX)-1 inhibitor (SC-560) and a selective COX-2 ..
- Comparison of lumiracoxib with naproxen and ibuprofen in the Therapeutic Arthritis Research and Gastrointestinal Event Trial (TARGET), cardiovascular outcomes: randomised controlled trialMichael E Farkouh
Cardiovascular Clinical Research Center, New York University School of Medicine, 530 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016, USA
Lancet 364:675-84. 2004....
- Association between nonnaproxen NSAIDs, COX-2 inhibitors and hospitalization for acute myocardial infarction among the elderly: a retrospective cohort studyElham Rahme
Department of Medicine McGill University, and Research Institute, McGill University Health Center, Montreal, Canada
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 16:493-503. 2007To evaluate the association between rofecoxib, celecoxib, diclofenac, and ibuprofen and the risk of hospitalization for acute myocardial infarction (AMI) in an elderly population.
- Comparison of lumiracoxib with naproxen and ibuprofen in the Therapeutic Arthritis Research and Gastrointestinal Event Trial (TARGET), reduction in ulcer complications: randomised controlled trialThomas J Schnitzer
Office of Clinical Research and Training, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, USA
Lancet 364:665-74. 2004....
- Celecoxib versus naproxen and diclofenac in osteoarthritis patients: SUCCESS-I StudyGurkirpal Singh
Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, Calif 94301, USA
Am J Med 119:255-66. 2006..To evaluate the efficacy and upper gastrointestinal (UGI) safety of celecoxib, compared with nonspecific nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), among patients with osteoarthritis...
- Quantitative assessment of the gastrointestinal and cardiovascular risk-benefit of celecoxib compared to individual NSAIDs at the population levelCristina Varas-Lorenzo
Global Epidemiology, Safety and Risk Management, Pfizer Worldwide Development, Barcelona, Spain
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 16:366-76. 2007....
- COX-2 inhibitors and pain after oral surgery - pertinent papers 2002-2003John Meechan
Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg 44:163-5. 2006
- Analgesic efficacy of diclofenac in combination with morphine and paracetamol after mastectomy and immediate breast reconstructionM Legeby
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 49:1360-6. 2005..The present prospective, placebo-controlled and double-blind study aimed to evaluate the analgesic efficacy of diclofenac, a non-steroid anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), in combination with paracetamol and opioids...
- Efficacy and tolerability of celecoxib compared with diclofenac slow release in the treatment of acute ankle sprain in an Asian populationA Nadarajah
Armed Forces Hospital, Kem Terendak, Malacca 76200, Malaysia
Singapore Med J 47:534-42. 2006..The objective of this study was to assess the efficacy and tolerability of celecoxib compared with diclofenac slow release (SR) in the treatment of acute ankle sprain in an Asian population...
- Risk of death or reinfarction associated with the use of selective cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitors and nonselective nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs after acute myocardial infarctionGunnar H Gislason
Department of Cardiology, Gentofte University Hospital, DK 2900 Hellerup, Denmark
Circulation 113:2906-13. 2006..We analyzed the risk of rehospitalization for acute myocardial infarction (MI) and death related to the use of NSAIDs including selective COX-2 inhibitors in patients with prior MI...
- Valdecoxib is associated with improved dyspepsia-related health compared with nonspecific NSAIDs in patients with osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritisLinda Rabeneck
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, Canada
Am J Gastroenterol 100:1043-50. 2005..i.d.]); one in OA patients randomized to placebo, valdecoxib (10 and 20 mg o.d.), diclofenac (75 mg b.i.d.), or ibuprofen (800 mg three times daily [t.i.d.])...
- In vivo effects of amtolmetin guacyl on lipid peroxidation and antioxidant defence systems. Comparison with non-selective and COX-2 selective NSAIDsM Kirkova
Institute of Physiology, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sofia, Bulgaria
Auton Autacoid Pharmacol 27:99-104. 2007..in rat gastric mucosa, colon mucosa and liver, were compared with the effects of non-selective (indomethacin, diclofenac) and COX-2 selective (celecoxib) NSAIDs. 2...
- The post-operative analgesic efficacy and tolerability of lumiracoxib compared with placebo and naproxen after total knee or hip arthroplastyV W S Chan
Department of Anesthesia and Pain Management, Toronto Western Hospital, University Health Network, Toronto, ON, Canada
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 49:1491-500. 2005..Lumiracoxib is a novel selective cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) inhibitor in development for the treatment of chronic and acute pain...
- Cellular mechanisms of acetaminophen: role of cyclo-oxygenaseRuth Lucas
Cardiothoracic Pharmacology, UCCM, Royal Brompton Hospital, NHLI, Imperial College London, UK
FASEB J 19:635-7. 2005..By contrast, the inhibitory effects of indomethacin or diclofenac, which also inhibit both cyclo-oxygenase-1 and cyclo-oxygenase-2, were unaffected by t-butylOOH...
- Patients exposed to rofecoxib and celecoxib have different odds of nonfatal myocardial infarctionStephen E Kimmel
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104-6021, USA
Ann Intern Med 142:157-64. 2005..39 [CI, 1.37 to 8.40]) and celecoxib versus ibuprofen or diclofenac (odds ratio, 0.77 [CI, 0.40 to 1.48])...
- Risk of myocardial infarction associated with selective COX-2 inhibitors: meta-analysis of randomised controlled trialsLi Chia Chen
School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester, UK
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 16:762-72. 2007..To evaluate the risk of myocardial infarction (MI) associated with the use of selective cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) inhibitors (coxibs)...
- SKI306X, an oriental herbal mixture, suppresses gastric leukotriene B4 synthesis without causing mucosal injury and the diclofenac-induced gastric lesionsJoo-Hyon Kim
Life Science Research Center, SK Chemicals, 600 Jungja-1-Dong, Changan-Ku, Suwon-Si, Kyungki-Do 440-745, Korea
Life Sci 77:1181-93. 2005..study, SKI306X was investigated for its gastro-sparing effects on the gastric mucosa comparing with those of diclofenac, a conventional NSAID, and celecoxib, a cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) specific inhibitor...
- The efficacy and safety of aceclofenac versus placebo and naproxen in women with primary dysmenorrhoeaHeinz Letzel
Humanwissenschaftliches Zentrum der Ludwig Maximilians Universität München, 80336 Munchen, Germany
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 129:162-8. 2006..To determine the analgesic efficacy and safety of a single oral dose of aceclofenac 100 mg and compare that with placebo and naproxen 500 mg in women with primary dysmenorrhoea...
- Comparison of two different dosages of celecoxib with diclofenac for the treatment of active ankylosing spondylitis: results of a 12-week randomised, double-blind, controlled studyJ Sieper
Benjamin Franklin University Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Ann Rheum Dis 67:323-9. 2008To demonstrate the non-inferiority of celecoxib compared with diclofenac in subjects with ankylosing spondylitis (AS).
- Use of selective cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitors and nonselective nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs in high doses increases mortality and risk of reinfarction in patients with prior myocardial infarctionRikke Sørensen
Department of Cardiology, Gentofte University Hospital, Hellerup, Denmark
J Cardiovasc Nurs 23:14-9. 2008..Selective COX-2 inhibitors in all dosages and nonselective NSAIDs in high dosages should be used with particular caution in patients with a prior MI...
- Comparison of the antinociceptive effect of celecoxib, diclofenac and resveratrol in the formalin testJorge E Torres-López
Departamento de Farmacobiologia, Centro de Investigacion y de Estudios Avanzados del Instituto Politecnico Nacional, Granjas Coapa, Mexico, DF, Mexico
Life Sci 70:1669-76. 2002..celecoxib in the formalin-induced inflammatory pain was compared with that of resveratrol (COX-1 inhibitor) and diclofenac (non-selective COX inhibitor)...
- Early analgesic effects of intravenous parecoxib and rectal diclofenac following laparoscopic sterilization: a double-blind, double-dummy randomized controlled trialAlexander Ng
Heart and Lung Centre, New Cross Hospital, Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
J Opioid Manag 4:49-53. 2008..was to investigate if there was any difference in analgesia between the maximum recommended doses of rectal diclofenac and iv parecoxib after laparoscopic sterilization...
- Valdecoxib does not impair platelet functionPhilip T Leese
Quintiles Phase I Services, 11250 Corporate Ave, Lenexa, KS, USA
Am J Emerg Med 20:275-81. 2002..the new cyclooxygenase (COX)-2 specific inhibitor, valdecoxib (40 mg twice a day), naproxen 500 mg twice a day, diclofenac 75 mg twice a day, and placebo were compared in 62 healthy adult subjects in this 7(1/2) day single-center, ..
- Efficacy of celecoxib in treating symptoms of viral pharyngitis: a double-blind, randomized study of celecoxib versus diclofenacL L M Weckx
Department of Pediatric Otolaryngology, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Int Med Res 30:185-94. 2002..of the cyclooxygenase-2 specific inhibitor celecoxib with the conventional non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug diclofenac in the symptomatic treatment of viral pharyngitis...
- Valdecoxib is as effective as diclofenac in the management of rheumatoid arthritis with a lower incidence of gastroduodenal ulcers: results of a 26-week trialK Pavelka
Institute of Rheumatology, Prague, Czech Republic
Rheumatology (Oxford) 42:1207-15. 2003..To compare the efficacy and upper gastrointestinal (GI) safety of valdecoxib 20 and 40 mg daily with those of diclofenac 75 mg slow release (SR) twice daily in treating rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Comparison of antinociceptive efficacy and gastroprotection between celecoxib and diclofenac plus misoprostol in ratsGerardo Reyes-García
Sección de Estudios de Posgrado e Investigación, Escuela Superior de Medicina del Instituto Politecnico Nacional, Mexico
Proc West Pharmacol Soc 50:69-71. 2007..study was designed to assess the antinociceptive efficacy and gastroprotective activity of the mixture of diclofenac and misoprostol and its comparison with celecoxib in rats...
- Nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs and a selective cyclooxygenase 2 inhibitor uncouple mitochondria in intact cellsManja M Krause
University Hospital Charit, Humboldt-University Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Arthritis Rheum 48:1438-44. 2003..in the presence and absence of pharmacologically relevant concentrations of the NSAIDs indomethacin and diclofenac and the selective COX-2 inhibitor SC-236...
- Effects of cyclooxygenases inhibitors on vasoactive prostanoids and thrombin generation at the site of microvascular injury in healthy menEwa Tuleja
Department of Medicine, Jagiellonian University School of Medicine, Cracow, Poland
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 23:1111-5. 2003..We tested the hypothesis that naproxen, contrary to rofecoxib, exerts antithrombotic effects...
- A comparison of the blood pressure changes of lumiracoxib with those of ibuprofen and naproxenMichael E Farkouh
Clinical Trials Unit, Mount Sinai Cardiovascular Institute, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 10:592-602. 2008..0001) and +0.43 with lumiracoxib compared with +1.80 mm Hg with naproxen (P<.0001). In conclusion, the use of lumiracoxib and traditional NSAIDs results in differing BP changes; these might be of clinical relevance...
- Efficacy and safety of diclofenac-cholestyramine and celecoxib in osteoarthritisR Suárez-Otero
Instituto de Seguridad Social de estado de México y Municipios, Toluca, Mexico
Proc West Pharmacol Soc 45:26-8. 2002
- Early Events in Diclofenac EnteropathyMARY MOSLEN; Fiscal Year: 2004..will critically test our new hypothesis that drug-protein adducts are causal factors in the pathogenesis of diclofenac-induced ulcers in the small intestine...
- ACYLCOA FORMATION--COVALENT BINDING, PHARMACOKINETICSLeslie Benet; Fiscal Year: 2002..derivatives in vivo and in vitro, 7) To identify the hepatic protein targets for reactive metabolites of diclofenac, resulting from either glucuronide or CoA-thioester intermediates, using 2D-PAGE and mass spectrometry; 8) To ..
- Novel ophthalmic drug delivery vehiclesHANS HOFLAND; Fiscal Year: 2002..b>Diclofenac is the drug model which is being used to develop this platform, but the platform will be able to accommodate any ..
- Clinical Studies with Phospholipid-Associated NSAIDsLenard Lichtenberger; Fiscal Year: 2004..biological activity of a formulation of aspirin (ASA) and another non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), diclofenac, chemically associated with the zwitterionic phospholipid, phosphatidylcholine (PC)...
- Selective inhibition of COX-2 by lumiracoxibANNA BLOBAUM; Fiscal Year: 2007..Lumiracoxib, a structural analog of diclofenac, is 500-fold more selective for COX-2 than COX-1. Currently, the basis for this selectivity remains unclear...
- Reducing Renal TGF-B in Diabetic GlomerulosclerosisMARGO COHEN; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- LDL Modification in Diabetic ComplicationsMARGO COHEN; Fiscal Year: 2007..This Phase II SBIR project will advance to the clinical stage a novel compound that prevents modifications of lipoproteins that occur in diabetes and that contribute to the development of these complications. ..
- Point-of-Care Measurement of Glycated HemoglobinMARGO COHEN; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- SHIELD: Safety & Health Improvement: Enhancing Law Enforcement DepartmentsKerry S Kuehl; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Health Promotion Intervention:Sedentary Care PatientsKerry Kuehl; Fiscal Year: 2007..Outcomes will be assessed using repeated measures design. Relationships among mediators, the intervention, and the outcome measures will be identified. ..
- Novel Imaging to Predict Cardiovascular Events in DiabetesMichael Farkouh; Fiscal Year: 2009..It is our expectation that our data will be utilized to evaluate and improve existent treatment and develop effective new therapies to decrease the burden of atherosclerotic disease in diabetes. ..
- Novel Imaging to Predict Cardiovascular Events in DiabetesZahi A Fayad; Fiscal Year: 2010..It is our expectation that our data will be utilized to evaluate and improve existent treatment and develop effective new therapies to decrease the burden of atherosclerotic disease in diabetes. ..
- Medications and the Risk of Sudden Cardiac DeathWayne Ray; Fiscal Year: 2007..The study will provide data that clinicians need to prescribe these widely used medications in a way that minimizes the risk of sudden cardiac death. ..
- Einstein Aging Study - SupplementRichard Lipton; Fiscal Year: 2007..On a long-term basis the repository will allow us to conduct genome scans and to relate any number of genes to the wealth of clinical and biological outcome data obtained in the EAS. ..
- Medications and the Risk of Sudden Cardiac DeathWayne Ray; Fiscal Year: 2009..The study will provide data that clinicians need to prescribe these widely used medications in a way that minimizes the risk of sudden cardiac death. ..
- VANDERBILT CENTER FOR EDUCATION/RESEARCH ON THERAPEUTICSWayne Ray; Fiscal Year: 2007..These projects are tightly linked to our theme/sub-theme and have the potential to materially improve clinical practice in highly vulnerable populations that often are under-represented in other research programs. ..
- Role of T Cells in Lung Disease in Systemic SclerosisMarc Hochberg; Fiscal Year: 2006..The new information that is gained will advance knowledge of T-cell dependent mechanisms of pulmonary fibrosis in scleroderma. ..
- THERAPY FOR GASTROINTESTINAL DISORDERSElizabeth Dial; Fiscal Year: 2002..Development of this therapeutic potential for rhLF will fulfill a crucial need for a way to safely administer NSAIDs. PROPOSED COMMERCIAL APPLICATION: NOT AVAILABLE ..
- SYNERGISM AND MEDICATIONS DEVELOPMENT FOR DRUG ABUSERonald Tallarida; Fiscal Year: 2004..This guide is the newest aim of this revised application. ..
- Phthalates in Drugs and Male Genital MalformationAllen A Mitchell; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Assessment of Infant Outcomes After in Utero Exposure to Antiretroviral TherapySonia Hernandez diaz; Fiscal Year: 2010..We propose to evaluate the risk of congenital malformations and other adverse pregnancy outcomes following antenatal exposure to ART in a prospective cohort of pregnant women. ..