Genomes and Genes
Summary: Salts and esters of BENZOIC ACID that possess antibacterial and antifungal properties. They are used as preservatives in pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, and foods.
Publications184 found, 100 shown here
- Effects of antihypertensive treatment with angiotensin II receptor blockers on lipid profile: an open multi-drug comparison trialStella Maria G Kyvelou
Hypertension Unit, 1st Cardiology Department, Athens University, Hippokration Hospital, Greece
Hellenic J Cardiol 47:21-8. 2006..This study was conducted to evaluate blood pressure control and the plasma lipid profile in hypertensive patients after six months' treatment with ARB...
- Telmisartan, ramipril, or both in patients at high risk for vascular eventsSalim Yusuf
Population Health Research Institute, McMaster University and Hamilton Health Sciences, Hamilton, ON, Canada
N Engl J Med 358:1547-59. 2008..We compared the ACE inhibitor ramipril, the ARB telmisartan, and the combination of the two drugs in patients with vascular disease or high-risk diabetes...
- Telmisartan attenuates aortic hypertrophy in hypertensive rats by the modulation of ACE2 and profilin-1 expressionJiu Chang Zhong
Ruijin Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai Key Laboratory of Vascular Biology, Shanghai Institute of Hypertension, Shanghai 200025, China
Regul Pept 166:90-7. 2011..In conclusion, telmisartan treatment attenuates vascular hypertrophy in SHR by the modulation of ACE2 and profilin-1 expression with a marked reversal of ERK1/2 and JNK phosphorylation signaling pathways...
- Effects of the angiotensin-receptor blocker telmisartan on cardiovascular events in high-risk patients intolerant to angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors: a randomised controlled trialS Yusuf
Lancet 372:1174-83. 2008..FUNDING: Boehringer Ingelheim...
- BenR, a XylS homologue, regulates three different pathways of aromatic acid degradation in Pseudomonas putidaC E Cowles
Department of Microbiology, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
J Bacteriol 182:6339-46. 2000..The action of BenR in repressing 4-HBA uptake is probably indirect...
- Constrictor and dilator effects of angiotensin II on cerebral arteriolesJean-Martin Vincent
Laboratoire de Pharmacologie, , , 5 rue Albert Lebrun, 54000 Nancy, France
Stroke 36:2691-5. 2005....
- Prevention of transition from incipient to overt nephropathy with telmisartan in patients with type 2 diabetesHirofumi Makino
Department of Medicine and Clinical Science, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry, and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2-Okayama, Japan
Diabetes Care 30:1577-8. 2007
- Telmisartan prevents hepatic fibrosis and enzyme-altered lesions in liver cirrhosis rat induced by a choline-deficient L-amino acid-defined dietHaiyan Jin
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Yamaguchi University Graduate School of Medicine, Minami Kogushi 1 1 1 Ube, Yamaguchi 755 8505, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 364:801-7. 2007..Tel inhibited HSCs activation and proliferation. These results suggested that Tel could be a promising drug for NASH related liver fibrosis...
- Identification of telmisartan as a unique angiotensin II receptor antagonist with selective PPARgamma-modulating activityStephen C Benson
Department of Biological Sciences, California State University, Hayward, USA
Hypertension 43:993-1002. 2004....
- Isolation and characterization of novel benzoates, cinnamates, flavonoids, and lignans from Riesling wine and screening for antioxidant activityB Baderschneider
, Schleinitzstrasse 20, DE-38106 Braunschweig, Germany
J Agric Food Chem 49:2788-98. 2001..Structural elucidation of the newly isolated wine constituents is reported together with the determination of their antioxidant activity...
- [An experimental study of expression of angiotension converting enzyme 2 in myocardium and effect of telmisartan treatment in pressure-overloaded rats]Li Jun Wang
Department of Cardiology, The Affiliated Baoan Hospital of Nanfang Medical University, Shenzhen 518101, Guangdong, China
Zhongguo Wei Zhong Bing Ji Jiu Yi Xue 20:218-22. 2008..To study the effect of hypertension and telmisartan treatment on the protein and gene expression of cardiac angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) in pressure-overloaded rats...
- Telmisartan attenuates oxidative stress and renal fibrosis in streptozotocin induced diabetic mice with the alteration of angiotensin-(1-7) mas receptor expression associated with its PPAR-γ agonist actionArun Prasath Lakshmanan
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Niigata University of Pharmacy and Applied Life Sciences, Niigata City, Japan
Free Radic Res 45:575-84. 2011..These findings suggest that Ang-II plays a significant role in DN and telmisartan would be beneficial in reducing oxidative stress and fibrosis in STZ-induced DN...
- Telmisartan attenuates progression of steatohepatitis in mice: role of hepatic macrophage infiltration and effects on adipose tissueHiroshi Kudo
Third Department of Internal Medicine, University of Toyama, Toyama, Japan
Liver Int 29:988-96. 2009..The aim of this study was to investigate the efficacy and mechanisms of Tel on a murine NASH model...
- Molecular cloning and functional characterization of the genes encoding benzoate and p-hydroxybenzoate degradation by the halophilic Chromohalobacter sp. strain HS-2Dockyu Kim
Department of Environmental Engineering, BK21 Team for Biohydrogen Production, Chosun University, Gwangju, Korea
FEMS Microbiol Lett 280:235-41. 2008..When expressed in Escherichia coli, benzoate 1,2-dioxygenase (BenABC) and p-hydroxybenzoate hydroxylase (PobA) transformed benzoate and p-hydroxybenzoate into cis-benzoate dihydrodiol and protocatechuate, respectively...
- Telmisartan, an angiotensin-II receptor blocker ameliorates cardiac remodeling in rats with dilated cardiomyopathyVijayakumar Sukumaran
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Niigata University of Pharmacy and Applied Life Sciences, Niigata, Japan
Hypertens Res 33:695-702. 2010..Our results indicate that telmisartan treatment significantly improved LV function and ameliorated the progression of cardiac remodeling in rats with CHF after EAM...
- Telmisartan ameliorates experimental autoimmune myocarditis associated with inhibition of inflammation and oxidative stressVijayakumar Sukumaran
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Niigata University of Pharmacy and Applied Life Sciences, Niigata, Japan
Eur J Pharmacol 652:126-35. 2011....
- Arabidopsis GH3.12 (PBS3) conjugates amino acids to 4-substituted benzoates and is inhibited by salicylateRachel A Okrent
Department of Plant and Microbial Biology, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720 3102, USA
J Biol Chem 284:9742-54. 2009..We found PBS3 favors 4-substituted benzoates such as 4-aminobenzoate and 4-hydroxybenzoate, with moderate activity on benzoate and no observed activity with ..
- Angiotensin II stimulates platelet-derived growth factor-B gene expression in cultured retinal pericytes through intracellular reactive oxygen species generationS Amano
Department of Medicine, Kurume University School of Medicine, Kurume, Japan
Int J Tissue React 25:51-5. 2003....
- The target for the Pseudomonas putida Crc global regulator in the benzoate degradation pathway is the BenR transcriptional regulatorRenata Moreno
Departamento de Biotecnologia Microbiana, Centro Nacional de Biotecnologia, CSIC, Campus de la Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Cantoblanco, 28049 Madrid, Spain
J Bacteriol 190:1539-45. 2008....
- Telmisartan inhibits CD4-positive lymphocyte migration independent of the angiotensin type 1 receptor via peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gammaDaniel Walcher
Department of Internal Medicine II Cardiology, University of Ulm, Robert Koch Str 8, D 89081 Ulm, Germany
Hypertension 51:259-66. 2008..These data provide a novel mechanism to explain how telmisartan modulates lymphocyte activation by its PPARgamma-activating properties...
- Freehand three-dimensional echocardiographic evaluation of the effect of telmisartan compared with hydrochlorothiazide on left ventricular mass in hypertensive patients with mild-to-moderate hypertension: a multicentre studyD Galzerano
Department of Cardiology, San Gennaro Hospital, Naples, Italy
J Hum Hypertens 18:53-9. 2004..In conclusion, telmisartan 80 mg was well tolerated and significantly reduced SBP, DBP and LVMI after 12 months' treatment compared with HCTZ...
- Telmisartan/Hydrochlorothiazide in comparison with losartan/hydrochlorothiazide in managing patients with mild-to-moderate hypertensionJoel M Neutel
Orange County Research Center, Tustin, USA
Hypertens Res 28:555-63. 2005..5 during the last 6 h of the 24-h dosing interval, which corresponds to the high-risk early-morning hours, and that T80/H12.5 provided additional blood pressure reductions...
- Effects of the angiotensin II receptor blockers telmisartan versus valsartan in combination with hydrochlorothiazide: a large, confirmatory trialWilliam B White
Division of Hypertension and Clinical Pharmacology, Pat and Jim Calhoun Cardiology Center, University of Connecticut School of Medicine, Farmington, Connecticut, USA
Blood Press Monit 13:21-7. 2008..Both studies support the strategy of using angiotensin receptor blockers with a higher dose of a thazide diuretic (25 mg) for enhancing the control of hypertension...
- Telmisartan/hydrochlorothiazide: in the treatment of essential hypertensionCaroline Fenton
Adis International Limited, Mairangi Bay, Auckland, New Zealand
Drugs 63:2013-26; discussion 2027-8. 2003..In clinical trials of up to 4 years, including elderly patients, telmisartan/HCTZ had similar tolerability to placebo, with few reports of hypokalaemia. Most adverse events were mild to moderate...
- Efficacy and duration of action of the four selective angiotensin II subtype 1 receptor blockers, losartan, candesartan, valsartan and telmisartan, in patients with essential hypertension determined by home blood pressure measurementsTakuya Nishimura
Department of Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Tohoku University School of Pharmaceutical Science and Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Clin Exp Hypertens 27:477-89. 2005..Losartan, 25 mg a day, which is usually used as an initial dose in Japan, is apparently insufficient to obtain adequate antihypertensive effect and sufficient duration of action...
- Characterization of anaerobic catabolism of p-coumarate in Rhodopseudomonas palustris by integrating transcriptomics and quantitative proteomicsChongle Pan
Chemical Sciences Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, Tennessee 37831, USA
Mol Cell Proteomics 7:938-48. 2008..The integrated gene expression data provided strong support for the non-beta-oxidation route in R. palustris. A putative gene was proposed for every step in the non-beta-oxidation route...
- Telmisartan has the strongest binding affinity to angiotensin II type 1 receptor: comparison with other angiotensin II type 1 receptor blockersH Kakuta
Pharmacology Laboratory, Institute for Drug Discovery Research, Yamanouchi Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, Tsukuba, Japan
Int J Clin Pharmacol Res 25:41-6. 2005..The present findings suggest that telmisartan (Micardis) may have long-lasting blood pressure-lowering effects and superior cardioprotective properties in patients with hypertension due to its strongest AT1 receptor antagonistic ability...
- Telmisartan improves insulin sensitivity in nondiabetic patients with essential hypertensionRalf A Benndorf
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Institute of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, University Hospital Hamburg Eppendorf, D 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Metabolism 55:1159-64. 2006..Future studies will demonstrate whether these telmisartan-induced effects may contribute to a blood pressure-independent reduction in cardiovascular morbidity...
- Possible beneficial effect of telmisartan on glycemic control in diabetic subjectsSachiko Honjo
Diabetes Care 28:498. 2005
- Practical efficacy of telmisartan for decreasing morning home blood pressure and pulse wave velocity in patients with mild-to-moderate hypertensionHaruhito Uchida
Department of Medicine and Clinical Science, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, Japan
Hypertens Res 27:545-50. 2004..In conclusion, telmisartan 40 mg/day was found to be effective for reducing MHBP and arterial wall stiffness in patients with mild-to-moderate hypertension, and thus may also be effective for improving cerebrocardiovascular mortality...
- Study of factors which negatively affect expression of the phenol degradation operon pheBA in Pseudomonas putidaMarta Putrins
Department of Genetics, Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, Tartu University and Estonian Biocentre, 51010 Tartu, Estonia
Microbiology 153:1860-71. 2007....
- Replacement of valsartan and candesartan by telmisartan in hypertensive patients with type 2 diabetes: metabolic and antiatherogenic consequencesYoshitaka Miura
Diabetes Care 28:757-8. 2005
- The pimFABCDE operon from Rhodopseudomonas palustris mediates dicarboxylic acid degradation and participates in anaerobic benzoate degradationFaith H Harrison
Department of Microbiology, The University of Iowa, 3-450 BSB, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Microbiology 151:727-36. 2005..However, the finding that the pim operon deletion mutant is still able to grow on dicarboxylic acids, albeit at a slower rate, indicates that R. palustris has additional genes that can also specify the degradation of these compounds...
- Rationale, design, and baseline characteristics of 2 large, simple, randomized trials evaluating telmisartan, ramipril, and their combination in high-risk patients: the Ongoing Telmisartan Alone and in Combination with Ramipril Global Endpoint Trial/TelmiKoon Teo
McMaster University Medical Centre, 1200 Main Street West, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada L8N 3Z5
Am Heart J 148:52-61. 2004..Baseline patient characteristics are comparable to the Heart Outcomes Prevention Evaluation (HOPE) trial, the basis of the design of the current study, confirming that patients are at high-risk...
- Effect of telmisartan/hydrochlorothiazide vs lisinopril/hydrochlorothiazide combination on ambulatory blood pressure and cognitive function in elderly hypertensive patientsR Fogari
Department of Internal Medicine and Therapeutics, Clinica Medica II, IRCCS Policlinico S Matteo, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
J Hum Hypertens 20:177-85. 2006....
- Angiotensin II receptor antagonist telmisartan in isolated systolic hypertension (ARAMIS) study: efficacy and safety of telmisartan 20, 40 or 80 mg versus hydrochlorothiazide 12.5 mg or placeboAthanasios J Manolis
Txanio General Hospital, Piraeus, Greece
J Hypertens 22:1033-7. 2004..5 mg, and are well tolerated, in lowering systolic blood pressure (SBP) in patients with isolated systolic hypertension (ISH)...
- Potential utility of telmisartan, an angiotensin II type 1 receptor blocker with peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma (PPAR-gamma)-modulating activity for the treatment of cardiometabolic disordersSho ichi Yamagishi
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Kurume University School of Medicine, Kurume 830 0011, Japan
Curr Mol Med 7:463-9. 2007..In this paper, we reviewed the potential utility of telmisartan in insulin resistance and vascular complications in diabetes...
- Interaction between glutamatergic and nitrergic mechanisms mediating cardiovascular responses to L-glutamate injection in the diagonal band of Broca in anesthetized ratsRodrigo Fiacadori Tavares
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, SP, Av Bandeirantes, 3900, CEP 14090 090, Brazil
Life Sci 81:855-62. 2007..These results suggest that the microinjection of L-glu into the dbB of urethane-anesthetized rats causes dose-related depressor and bradycardiac responses through the NMDA receptor-NO-guanylate cyclase pathway...
- Effect of telmisartan on the proteinuria and circadian blood pressure profile in chronic renal patientsAdamasco Cupisti
Nephrology Unit, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Pisa, Via Roma 67, 56100, Pisa, Italy
Biomed Pharmacother 57:169-72. 2003....
- Exo1: a new chemical inhibitor of the exocytic pathwayYan Feng
Institute of Chemistry and Cell Biology, Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:6469-74. 2003..Thus, Exo1 allows the fatty acid exchange activity of Bars50 to be distinguished from ARF1 activity in the control of Golgi tubulation...
- A multicenter, 14-week study of telmisartan and ramipril in patients with mild-to-moderate hypertension using ambulatory blood pressure monitoringYves Lacourciere
Hypertension Research Unit, CHUL, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Quebec, 2705 boulevard Laurier S 135, Sainte Foy, Quebec, QC G1V 4G2, Canada
Am J Hypertens 19:104-12. 2006....
- BadM is a transcriptional repressor and one of three regulators that control benzoyl coenzyme A reductase gene expression in Rhodopseudomonas palustrisCaroline M Peres
Department of Microbiology, Box 357242, 1959 N E Pacific Street, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 7242, USA
J Bacteriol 188:8662-5. 2006..BadM controls gene expression from the benzoyl-CoA reductase promoter in concert with two previously described transcriptional activators...
- Effects of the angiotensin II receptor blockers telmisartan vs valsartan in combination with hydrochlorothiazide 25 mg once daily for the treatment of hypertensionWilliam B White
Division of Hypertension and Clinical Pharmacology, Pat and Jim Calhoun Cardiology Center, University of Connecticut School of Medicine, Farmington, CT 06030 3940, USA
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 8:626-33. 2006..These data support using a higher dose of a thiazide diuretic (25 mg) with a long-acting angiotensin receptor blocker as a useful strategy for improving hypertension control...
- Effect of Am-80, a synthetic derivative of retinoid, on experimental arthritis in miceH Nagai
Department of Pharmacology, Gifu Pharmaceutical University, Gifu, Japan
Pharmacology 58:101-12. 1999..These findings suggest that the inhibitory effect of Am-80 on CIA is partially by modulating the production of the proinflammatory cytokine, IL-6...
- Effects of aspirin plus extended-release dipyridamole versus clopidogrel and telmisartan on disability and cognitive function after recurrent stroke in patients with ischaemic stroke in the Prevention Regimen for Effectively Avoiding Second Strokes (PRoFEHans Christoph Diener
Department of Neurology, University of Duisburg Essen, Essen, Germany
Lancet Neurol 7:875-84. 2008..The putative neuroprotective effects of antiplatelet compounds and the angiotensin II receptor antagonist telmisartan were investigated in the Prevention Regimen for Effectively Avoiding Second Strokes (PRoFESS) trial...
- Liver-specific peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha target gene regulation by the angiotensin type 1 receptor blocker telmisartanMarkus Clemenz
Center for Cardiovascular Research, Institute of Pharmacology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Hessische Str 3 4, 10115 Berlin, Germany
Diabetes 57:1405-13. 2008..Activation of the PPARalpha ligand binding domain (LBD) was investigated using transactivation assays...
- Telmisartan plus HCTZ vs. amlodipine plus HCTZ in older patients with systolic hypertension: results from a large ambulatory blood pressure monitoring studySteen Neldam
Rodøvre Centrum, Denmark
Am J Geriatr Cardiol 15:151-60. 2006..0175). Adverse events (41.2% and 53.7%, respectively) and discontinuations (5.0% and 11.3%, respectively) were lower (p<0.0001) with telmisartan than with amlodipine, mainly due to peripheral edema (1.2% and 24.3%, respectively)...
- Haemodynamic and pulse wave responses to intravenous infusions of angiotensin II during chronic telmisartan therapy in normal volunteersNoreen M Vingerhoedt
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, St. George Hospital, Kogarah, 2217, Australia
J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst 4:244-8. 2003..CONCLUSIONS: Telmisartan effectively blocked the effects of intravenous Ang II on CI, BP, RI and SI in healthy volunteers. Changes in CI make a major contribution to increase in BP response to intravenous Ang II in normal volunteers...
- Are the pleiotropic effects of telmisartan clinically relevant?C V Rizos
Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Ioannina, Ioannina, Greece
Curr Pharm Des 15:2815-32. 2009..However, do all these pleiotropic effects translate into clinical benefit? Recent studies have tried to answer this question with promising but not definitive results...
- Production and secretion of adiponectin from 3T3-L1 adipocytes: comparison of antihypertensive drugsRaphaelle Brody
Hypertension Unit, The Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Am J Hypertens 22:1126-9. 2009..The aim of this study was to evaluate the effect of various antihypertensive drugs on the production and secretion of adiponectin from adipocytes...
- Effects of telmisartan, ramipril, and their combination on left ventricular hypertrophy in individuals at high vascular risk in the Ongoing Telmisartan Alone and in Combination With Ramipril Global End Point Trial and the Telmisartan Randomized AssessmentPaolo Verdecchia
McMaster University, Population Health Research Institute, 237 Barton St E, Hamilton, ON L8L2X2 Canada
Circulation 120:1380-9. 2009..Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors and angiotensin receptor blockers reduce left ventricular hypertrophy (LVH). The effect of these drugs on LVH in high-risk patients without heart failure is unknown...
- Combination treatment with telmisartan and hydrochlorothiazide in black patients with mild to moderate hypertensionJ B McGill
Department of Internal Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Clin Cardiol 24:66-72. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: Telmisartan 80 mg combined with HCTZ 12.5 mg is effective and well tolerated in black patients with mild to moderate hypertension, providing greater antihypertensive activity than the corresponding monotherapies...
- ADMA and oxidative stress may relate to the progression of renal disease: rationale and design of the VIVALDI studyRainer H Boger
Institute of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology, University Hospital Hamburg Eppendorf, Germany
Vasc Med 10:S97-102. 2005....
- Telmisartan: a review of its use in the management of hypertensionAnna J Battershill
Adis International Limited, Auckland, New Zealand
Drugs 66:51-83. 2006....
- Measuring the efficacy of antihypertensive therapy by ambulatory blood pressure monitoring in the primary care settingWilliam B White
Division of Hypertension and Clinical Pharmacology, Pat and Jim Calhoun Cardiology Center, University of Connecticut School of Medicine, Farmington, CT, USA
Am Heart J 151:176-84. 2006..Therefore, we used ambulatory blood pressure monitoring (ABPM), an automated and objective measure of blood pressure (BP) to overcome these shortcomings in a large community-based trial...
- Exposure to indoor pesticides during pregnancy in a multiethnic, urban cohortGertrud S Berkowitz
Department of Community and Preventive Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029 6574, USA
Environ Health Perspect 111:79-84. 2003..These data underscore the need to assess the potentially adverse effects of pesticide exposure on fetuses and infants and the importance of finding alternative methods for pest management to reduce pesticide exposures...
- Inhibitory effect of telmisartan on the blood pressure response to angiotensin II challengeJ Stangier
Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma KG, Biberach, Germany, and Pharma Bio-Research International B.V, Zuidlaren, The Netherlands
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 38:672-85. 2001..In conclusion, telmisartan 40 mg provides rapid-onset, well-tolerated, and near-maximal inhibition of angiotensin II-induced hypertension, with maintenance of the inhibitory effect for 48 h...
- Effect of telmisartan on angiotensin II-mediated collagen gel contraction by adult rat cardiac fibroblastsP J Lijnen
Department of Molecular and Cardiovascular Research, Faculty of Medicine, University of Leuven Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 38:39-48. 2001....
- Neuroprotective effects of angiotensin II type 1 receptor (AT1R) blocker, telmisartan, via modulating AT1R and AT2R signaling in retinal inflammationToshihide Kurihara
Department of Ophthalmology, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 47:5545-52. 2006..Treatment with the AT1R blocker telmisartan efficiently prevented these signs of retinal neural damage through the reduction of local angiotensin II expression, the blockade of AT1R, and the relative upregulation of AT2R function...
- Cardioprotective mechanism of telmisartan via PPAR-gamma-eNOS pathway in dahl salt-sensitive hypertensive ratsNaohiko Kobayashi
Department of Hypertension and Cardiorenal Medicine, Dokkyo Medical University School of Medicine, Mibu, Tochigi, Japan
Am J Hypertens 21:576-81. 2008....
- Telmisartan is more effective than losartan in reducing proteinuria in patients with diabetic nephropathyGeorge Bakris
Department of Medicine, Pritzker School of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Kidney Int 74:364-9. 2008..We conclude that telmisartan is superior to losartan in reducing proteinuria in hypertensive patients with diabetic nephropathy, despite a similar reduction in blood pressure...
- In vitro and in vivo characterization of the activity of telmisartan: an insurmountable angiotensin II receptor antagonistMarc P Maillard
Division of Hypertension and Vascular Medicine, University Hospital of Lausanne, CHUV CH 1011 Lausanne, Switzerland
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 302:1089-95. 2002..Taken together, our in vitro data show that the insurmountable antagonism of telmisartan is due at least in part to its very slow dissociation from AT1 receptors...
- The comparative effects of telmisartan and ramipril on P-wave dispersion in hypertensive patients: a randomized clinical studyTurgay Celik
Department of Cardiology, Gulhane Military Medical Academy, Etlik, Ankara, Turkey
Clin Cardiol 28:298-302. 2005..Angiotensin II receptor blockers (AARBs) and angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors (ACEIs) have beneficial effects on atrial conduction times. However, there are not enough data about the comparative effects of those drugs on PWD...
- A review of telmisartan in the treatment of hypertension: blood pressure control in the early morning hoursPhilippe Gosse
Service de Cardiologie Hypertension art6éielle, Hôpital Saint André, Bordeaux, France
Vasc Health Risk Manag 2:195-201. 2006..This supposition is being tested in the ONgoing Telmisartan Alone and in combination with Ramipril Global Endpoint Trial (ONTARGET) programme...
- Telmisartan reduced blood pressure and HOMA-IR with increasing plasma leptin level in hypertensive and type 2 diabetic patientsIsao Usui
The First Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toyama, 2630 Sugitani, Toyama 930 0194, Japan
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 77:210-4. 2007..In conclusion, Telmisartan improved insulin resistance with increased serum leptin level in hypertensive and type 2 diabetic patients...
- Effects of telmisartan on fat distribution in individuals with the metabolic syndromeMichio Shimabukuro
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of the Ryukyus, Okinawa and Diabetes and Life style Related Disease Center, Tomishiro Chuo Hospital, Okinawa, Japan
J Hypertens 25:841-8. 2007..Telmisartan, an angiotensin II type 1 receptor blocker, has partial agonistic properties for peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma, which is a key regulator of adipocyte differentiation and function...
- Metabolic effects of telmisartan and irbesartan in type 2 diabetic patients with metabolic syndrome treated with rosiglitazoneG Derosa
Department of Internal Medicine and Therapeutics, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
J Clin Pharm Ther 32:261-8. 2007..The aim of our study was to investigate the metabolic effects of telmisartan and irbesartan in diabetic subjects treated with rosiglitazone...
- Mobilization of putative high-proliferative-potential endothelial colony-forming cells during antihypertensive treatment in patients with essential hypertensionRalf A Benndorf
Institute of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University Hospital Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Stem Cells Dev 16:329-38. 2007....
- Effect of telmisartan on cholesterol levels in patients with hypertension - Saga Telmisartan Aggressive Research (STAR)T Inoue
Department of Cardiovascular and Renal Medicine, Saga University Faculty of Medicine, Saga, Japan
Horm Metab Res 39:372-6. 2007..The profound effect of telmisartan to lower cholesterol suggests a potential use in hypertensive patients with dyslipidemia...
- Prevention of stroke in patients with hypertensionBjorn Dahlof
Department of Medicine, Sahlgrenska University Hospital Ostra, Goteborg, Sweden
Am J Cardiol 100:17J-24J. 2007..This will be investigated in the Prevention Regimen for Effectively Avoiding Second Strokes (PROFESS) study...
- Telmisartan in the treatment of hypertensionBarbara H Rosario
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Department of Geriatric Medicine, Sir Robert Hadfield Wing, Northern General Hospital, Herries Road, Sheffield S5 7AU, UK
Expert Opin Drug Metab Toxicol 4:485-92. 2008..Telmisartan is an orally active angiotensin II receptor antagonist prescribed once daily...
- Meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials comparing telmisartan with losartan in the treatment of patients with hypertensionGui Lin Xi
Center for New Drug Evaluation, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, China
Am J Hypertens 21:546-52. 2008..Hypertension is a major risk factor for cardiovascular disease, and data regarding the efficacy and tolerability of telmisartan compared with losartan on blood pressure (BP) control in patients with hypertension...
- ONTARGET: questions asked, questions answeredMichael A Weber
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 10:427-30. 2008
- [New studies on hypertension of great significance to clinical practice. Also very old persons benefit from blood pressure reduction]Peter M Nilsson
, Universitetssjukhuset MAS, Malm
Lakartidningen 105:1382-4. 2008
- [Treatment of patients at high cardiovascular risk: confirmation and surprising results of the ONTARGET-Study]M Burnier
, CHUV Lausanne
Praxis (Bern 1994) 97:559-62. 2008
- Telmisartan but not candesartan affects adiponectin expression in vivo and in vitroSatoru Yamada
Department of Internal Medicine, Kitasato Institute Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Hypertens Res 31:601-6. 2008..5-fold by telmisartan in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. Our findings suggest that telmisartan may have beneficial effects in type 2 diabetes beyond its antihypertensive effect...
- Comparison of the effects of telmisartan and olmesartan on home blood pressure, glucose, and lipid profiles in patients with hypertension, chronic heart failure, and metabolic syndromeTatsuya Sasaki
Cardiovascular Division, Osaka Minami Medical Center, National Hospital Organization, Kawachinagano, Japan
Hypertens Res 31:921-9. 2008....
- Evaluation of fixed dose combination (FDC) of telmisartan+ramipril usage in patients with micro-albuminuria and persistent hypertension: A TRIUMPH studyAkhilesh Sharma
Medical Services Department, Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Mumbai
J Indian Med Assoc 106:191-4, 196. 2008..2%). Results of the present study indicate that the FDC of telmisartan+ramipril brings about significant reductions in the systolic and diastolic blood pressure as well as urine albumin excretion...
- Relative effects of telmisartan, candesartan and losartan on alleviating arterial stiffness in patients with hypertension complicated by diabetes mellitus: an evaluation using the cardio-ankle vascular index (CAVI)G Uehara
Department of Internal Medicine, Takeda Clinic, Kanagawa, Japan
J Int Med Res 36:1094-102. 2008..We conclude that candesartan is a potentially useful therapy against arterial stiffness in hypertensive patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus...
- Prevention of salt-induced hypertension and fibrosis by AT1-receptor blockers in Dahl S ratsBinhui Liang
From the Hypertension Unit, University of Ottawa Heart Institute, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 51:457-66. 2008..In Dahl S rats, AT1-receptor stimulation seems to play a critical role in salt-induced hypertension and fibrosis, but a lesser role in tissue hypertrophy...
- Inhibition of vascular angiotensin-converting enzyme by telmisartan via the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma agonistic property in ratsShinji Takai
Department of Pharmacology, Osaka Medical College, Takatsuki, Japan
Hypertens Res 30:1231-7. 2007..In conclusion, the partial PPARgamma agonist telmisartan might inhibit vascular ACE activity, and result in the prevention of oxidative stress and endothelial dysfunction more effectively than non-agonistic valsartan...
- Rationale for double renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system blockadeThomas Unger
Center for Cardiovascular Research, Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Berlin, Germany
Am J Cardiol 100:25J-31J. 2007..The benefits of this approach with telmisartan are being investigated in clinical trials, such as the Ongoing Telmisartan Alone in Combination with Ramipril Global Endpoint Trial (ONTARGET)...
- [New therapeutic targets for ACE inhibitors and angiotensin receptor blockers]Paweł Petkow-Dimitrow
II Klinika Kardiologii, Collegium Medicum Uniwersytetu Jagiellońskiego, Krakow
Pol Arch Med Wewn 117:44-50. 2007..This study is focused on the effect of double blockage (ramipril and telmisartan) on reduction of the occurrence of myocardial infarction, stroke, and heart failure...
- Telmisartan in the treatment of Cohen-Rosenthal Diabetic Hypertensive rats: the benefit of PPAR-gamma agonismFiras Younis
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Hypertension Research Unit, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Aviv, Israel
Clin Exp Hypertens 29:419-26. 2007..Blood glucose levels fell rapidly in the treated animals and remained steady in controls. Results indicate that telmisartan is a prototype of a new approach to treating coexisting diabetes and hypertension...
- Effects of different AT1-receptor antagonists in the therapy of severe heart failure pretreated with ACE inhibitorsBernhard Gremmler
Department of Cardiology, Marienhospital, Bottrop, Germany
Acta Cardiol 62:321-8. 2007..The efficacy of ACE-inhibitors and beta blockers is well documented in the therapy of heart failure. As pharmacological mechanisms of ATI-receptor-antagonists differ, an additional positive effect can be expected when combining these drugs...
- [Observational study of an AT1-antagonist]R K Klocke
St. Marienhospital Vechta, Marienstr. 6-8, D-49377 Vechta
MMW Fortschr Med 149:37. 2007
- Telmisartan improves endothelial function in patients with essential hypertensionRalf A Benndorf
Clinical Pharmacology Unit, Institute of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology, University Medical Center, Hamburg Eppendorf, Germany
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 50:367-71. 2007..We therefore investigated whether the new ARB telmisartan improves endothelial function and renal vascular resistance in patients with essential hypertension...
- Plasma renin activity for predicting antihypertensive drug efficacyJon D Blumenfeld
Am J Hypertens 21:5-6. 2008
- Results of increasing doses of hydrochlorothiazide in combination with an angiotensin receptor blocker in patients with uncontrolled hypertensionSteen Neldam
Rødovre Centrum, Denmark
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 10:612-8. 2008..Hypokalemia was rare. These results show that higher-dose thiazide diuretic in combination with T80 in patients with hypertension uncontrolled by T80/H12.5 provides additional blood pressure reductions and is well tolerated...
- Clinical trial update: focus on the ONTARGET studyDavid Fitchett
Division of Cardiology, St Michael s Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Vasc Health Risk Manag 3:901-8. 2007..Although it is possible that enhanced benefits will be observed with dual therapy, the outcomes with ARB monotherapy remain uncertain...
- Comparison of effects of olmesartan and telmisartan on blood pressure and metabolic parameters in Japanese early-stage type-2 diabetics with hypertensionShiho Nakayama
Department of Medicine, Metabolism, and Endocrinology, Juntendo University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Hypertens Res 31:7-13. 2008..Our results indicate that olmesartan has more potent arterial blood pressure lowering and anti-inflammatory effects than telmisartan...
- [Theoretical background of angiotensin II receptor blockade and its features in clinical pharmacology]Gábor Winkler
Fóvárosi Szent János Kórház II Belosztály
Orv Hetil 144:1763-8. 2003....
- Ventricular and vascular remodelling effects of the angiotensin II receptor blocker telmisartan and/or the angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor ramipril in hypertensive patientsI Petrovic
Clinical Centre Studenica, Cardiology Department, Kraljevo, Serbia and Montenegro
J Int Med Res 33:39A-49A. 2005..In conclusion, treatment with telmisartan or ramipril for 6 months resulted in regression of LVH and vascular remodelling. When a combination of telmisartan and ramipril was administered, additional regression and remodelling occurred...
- Effects of telmisartan on adiponectin levels and body weight in hypertensive patients with glucose intoleranceShinji Makita
Department of Internal Medicine II and Memorial Heart Center, Iwate Medical University School of Medicine, Morioka 0208505, Japan
Metabolism 57:1473-8. 2008..Candesartan did not achieve similar improvements in these patients. Among ARBs, telmisartan may have a larger impact on obesity-related diseases that can lead to cardiovascular disorders...
- The angiotensin II receptor antagonist telmisartan reduces urinary albumin excretion in patients with isolated systolic hypertension: results of a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialLiffert Vogt
Department of Clinical Pharmacology and Internal Medicine, Division of Nephrology, University Medical Center, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
J Hypertens 23:2055-61. 2005....
- Effect of the renin-angiotensin system or calcium channel blockade on the circadian variation of heart rate variability, blood pressure and circulating catecholamines in hypertensive patientsMaria Karas
J Hypertens 23:1251-60. 2005..In contrast, the therapy with telmisartan significantly increased parasympathetic activity without changes in NE during the night and day. The therapy with ramipril increased the parasympathetic activity only during the day...
- The ONTARGET/TRANSCEND Trial Programme: baseline dataP Sleight
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Level 5, John Radcliffe Hospital University of Oxford, UK
Acta Diabetol 42:S50-6. 2005..These trials are the largest comparisons to date of ARB and ACE-inhibitor therapy in high-risk patients with controlled blood pressure, and the results will contribute significantly to the future treatment of cardiovascular disease...
- Effects of circadian rhythms, posture, and medication on renin-aldosterone interrelations in essential hypertensivesMaxime Lamarre-Cliche
Institut de recherches cliniques de Montreal IRCM, Canada
Am J Hypertens 18:56-64. 2005..This study, part of a clinical trial, was designed to measure the influence of circadian rhythms, antihypertensive drugs, and body posture on plasma renin, on aldosterone, and on their interrelation...
- Intraindividual blood pressure responses to angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibition and angiotensin receptor blockadeGeorge S Stergiou
Hypertension Center, Third University Department of Medicine, Sotiria Hospital, 152 Mesogion Avenue, Athens 11527, Greece
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 7:18-23. 2005..It appears that there are differences in the antihypertensive action of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors and ARBs that may be clinically important...
- Telmisartan is a promising cardiometabolic sartan due to its unique PPAR-gamma-inducing propertyS Yamagishi
Department of Medicine, Kurume University School of Medicine, Kurume, Japan
Med Hypotheses 64:476-8. 2005....
- Comparative effects of telmisartan in the treatment of hypertensionWilliam B White
Section of Hypertension and Clinical Pharmacology, University of Connecticut School of Medicine, Farmington, CT 06030-3940, USA
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 4:20-5. 2002....
Research Grants101 found, 100 shown here
- OCULAR DISPOSITION OF ACYCLOGUANOSINE ANALOGUESAshim Mitra; Fiscal Year: 2001..2) branched chain aliphatic esters: pivaloate, isobutyrate, 3) aromatic esters: benzoate, p- methoxy, p-nitro benzoates and 4) alicyclic ester: 1-adamantoate...
- OCULAR DISPOSITION OF ACYCLOGUANOSINE ANALOGUESAshim Mitra; Fiscal Year: 1999..2) branched chain aliphatic esters: pivaloate, isobutyrate, 3) aromatic esters: benzoate, p methoxy, p-nitro benzoates and 4) alicyclic ester: 1-adamantoate...
- ASTATINE AND IODINE RADIOLABELED MONOCLONAL ANTIBODIESMichael Rod Zalutsky; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our studies revealed that radio iodination of anti-EGFRvIII mAbs using reagents containing benzoates bearing charged substituent's or D-amino acid peptides significantly improved retention of radioactivity in ..
- BXR SIGNALING IN VERTEBRATE DEVELOPMENTBruce Blumberg; Fiscal Year: 2004..isolated and characterized a novel nuclear receptor activated by a class of endogenous substituted alkyl benzoates. These compounds comprise a novel class of hormone receptor ligand and are related the B-complex vitamins p-..
- Contingency Management for Initiating Smoking AbstinenceWILLIAM BARRY WHITE; Fiscal Year: 2010..Clinic and 24-hour blood pressure (BP) and heart rate (HR) will be additional outcomes. We expect that BP and HR will decrease more among CM than non-CM patients and reductions in smoking may mediate decreases in these indices. ..
- Contingency Management for Initiating Smoking AbstinenceWilliam White; Fiscal Year: 2009..Clinic and 24-hour blood pressure (BP) and heart rate (HR) will be additional outcomes. We expect that BP and HR will decrease more among CM than non-CM patients and reductions in smoking may mediate decreases in these indices. ..
- WHY DO METABOLIC RISK FACTORS CLUSTER WITH HYPERTENSION?Theodore Kurtz; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- KIDNEY SPECIFIC GENE TRANSFER IN HYPERTENSIONTheodore Kurtz; Fiscal Year: 2003..Under this alternative hypothesis, the results of the cDNA microarray analysis will be used to identify potential downstream target genes whose expression is altered by the primary genetic defect on chromosome 1. ..
- Imaging of O6-Alkylguanine-DNA AlkyltransferaseGanesan Vaidyanathan; Fiscal Year: 2005..In summary, this proposal seeks to determine whether the development of a suitable agent for the imaging of tumor AGT will facilitate chemotherapy planning, thereby improving the outcome of alkylator chemotherapy. ..
- NEW EXPERIMENTAL MODELS OF HYPERTENSIONTheodore Kurtz; Fiscal Year: 2006..Hypertension candidate genes will then be isolated using cDNA screening techniques to identify genes expressed in the brain, adrenal gland, or kidney that map within this chromosome region. ..
- IMPROVED PREVENTIVE/RESTORATIVE RESINS AND COMPOSITESSABINE DICKENS; Fiscal Year: 2006..The data gathered in these experiments will serve to support a larger R01 grant application with the long-term objectives of developing improved durable materials for adhesives and adhesive composites. ..
- REMINERALIZING PULP-CAPPING CEMENTS & BONDING AGENTSSABINE DICKENS; Fiscal Year: 2003..The proposed studies will also provide a valuable comparison of in vivo test results to pulp cell response in vitro. ..
- KIDNEY SPECIFIC GENE TRANSFER IN HYPERTENSIONTheodore Kurtz; Fiscal Year: 1999....
- NEW EXPERIMENTAL MODELS OF HYPERTENSIONTheodore W Kurtz; Fiscal Year: 2010..This project is designed to investigate genetic factors that influence the development of the metabolic syndrome and ultimately help identify new targets for prevention and treatment of diabetes and cardiovascular disease. ..
- NEW EXPERIMENTAL MODELS OF HYPERTENSIONTheodore Kurtz; Fiscal Year: 2001..Finally, they will distribute these strains to other investigators also interested in studying pathophysiologic mechanisms whereby selected chromosome regions may influence cardiovascular function and BP. ..
- MIBG ANALOGUE RADIOPHARMACEUTICALSGanesan Vaidyanathan; Fiscal Year: 2001..Strategies to augment tumor-to-normal tissue ratios will be investigated. The outcome of this study should help improve the endoradiotherapy of neuroendocrine tumors and possibly of medulloblastoma. ..
- RESIN-BASED REMINERALIZING CEMENTS AND COMPOSITESSABINE DICKENS; Fiscal Year: 2009..Completion of this research will lead to Ca- PO4 cements and composites with improved adhesion to dentin and improved strength for ART and the treatment of root caries. ..
- Flavoenzymes in Pyrimidine MetabolismBruce A Palfey; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our studies of the rates of the chemical reactions will identify important parts of the proteins, how they move during reactions, how they speed the synthesis of products, and how these reactions might be blocked. ..
- Bisphenol A and Phthalate Exposure in Relation to Fetal Growth and Preterm BirthJohn D Meeker; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- TGF-beta and axis formation in Helobdella, a lophotrochozoanDAVID WEISBLAT; Fiscal Year: 2007..They will also contribute to understanding the cellular processes known as epithelial-to-mesenchymal transitions (EMTs), which play a critical role both in normal development and in cancer metastasis. ..
- ANALYSIS OF PAIR OF RULE GENES IN SEQUENTIAL SEGMENTATIODAVID WEISBLAT; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- TGF-beta and axis formation in Helobdella, a lophotrochozoanDavid A Weisblat; Fiscal Year: 2010..They will also contribute to understanding the cellular processes known as epithelial-to-mesenchymal transitions (EMTs), which play a critical role both in normal development and in cancer metastasis. ..
- ESTROGEN AND COGNITION OVER THE LIFESPANThomas Foster; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- MECHANISMS FOR ALTERED SYNAPTIC FUNCTION DURING AGINGThomas Foster; Fiscal Year: 2000..The results of these experiments will add significantly to our knowledge of mechanisms for regulation of synaptic function across the life span and provide a basis for understanding the role of synaptic plasticity in cognitive function. ..
- UCLA AIDS Prevention and Treatment Clinical Trials UnitJudith Currier; Fiscal Year: 2007..10. Stimulate community involvement and encourage participation of women and racial/ethnic minorities in ACTG, HPTN and VTN clinical trials at the UCLA-APT-CTU. ADMINISTRATIVE COMPONENT: ..
- ESTROGEN AND COGNITION OVER THE LIFESPANThomas Foster; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Mechanism for Altered Synaptic Function During AgingThomas Foster; Fiscal Year: 2007..Specifc aim 3 will addresses the issue of how oxidative stress contributes to calcium dysregulation during aging in the hippocampus by examining the influence of redox state on Ca2+ dependent processes. ..
- Metabolic Complication of HIV InfectionJudith Currier; Fiscal Year: 2007..The strong support from my Division Chief and Department Chair to allow me to reduce my clinical and administrative responsibilities will greatly facilitate my success in achieving my goals. ..
- Mechanism for Altered Synaptic Function During AgingThomas Foster; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- HIV ASSOCIATED NEPHROPATHY IN DRUG ADDICTSPravin Singhal; Fiscal Year: 2007..2. Oxidative stress modulated by drugs accelerates the progression of renal injury in a mouse model of HIVAN. 3. Drugs modulation of the renin-angiotensin system contributes to the progression of renal lesions in mice with HIVAN. ..