Summary: Acids, salts, and derivatives of OXALIC ACID.
- Growth-inhibiting activity of active component isolated from Terminalia chebula fruits against intestinal bacteriaH G Kim
Faculty of Biotechnology and Center for Agricultural Science and Technology, College of Agriculture and Life Science, Chonbuk National University, Chonju 561 756, Korea
J Food Prot 69:2205-9. 2006..These results may be an indication of at least one of the pharmacological properties of T. chebula fruits...
- DDE remediation and degradationJohn E Thomas
University of Florida, Soil and Water Science Deptartment, Gainesville, FL 32611, USA
Rev Environ Contam Toxicol 194:55-69. 2008..g., citric and oxalic acids). DDE microbial degradation by dehalogenases, dioxygenases, and hydrolases occurs under the proper conditions...
- Light induced multiphase chemistry of gas-phase ozone on aqueous pyruvic and oxalic acidsI Grgic
Laboratory for Analytical Chemistry, National Institute of Chemistry, Hajdrihova 19, P O Box 660, SI 1001 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Phys Chem Chem Phys 12:698-707. 2010..Following the simultaneous ozone and light irradiation the first peak for pyruvic and oxalic acids (retention time = 3...
- Degradation mechanism of alachlor during direct ozonation and O(3)/H(2)O(2) advanced oxidation processZhimin Qiang
Research Center for Eco Environmental Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
Chemosphere 78:517-26. 2010..to the formation of low-molecular-weight byproducts including formic, acetic, propionic, monochloroacetic and oxalic acids as well as chloride ion (only detected in O(3)/H(2)O(2)). Nitrite and nitrate formation was negligible...
- Mineralization of salicylic acid in acidic aqueous medium by electrochemical advanced oxidation processes using platinum and boron-doped diamond as anode and cathodically generated hydrogen peroxideElena Guinea
Laboratori d Electroquímica dels Materials i del Medi Ambient, Departament de Quimica Fisica, Facultat de Quimica, Universitat de Barcelona, Marti i Franques 1 11, 08028 Barcelona, Spain
Water Res 42:499-511. 2008..2,6-dihydroxybenzoic, alpha-ketoglutaric, glycolic, glyoxylic, maleic, fumaric, malic, tartronic and oxalic acids are detected as oxidation products...
- Use of citric acid for heavy metals extraction from contaminated sewage sludge for land applicationD Mundo del Dacera
Environmental Technology Program, Sirindhorn International Institute of Technology SlIT, Thammasat University, P O Box 22, Pathumthani 12121, Thailand
Water Sci Technol 54:129-35. 2006Recent studies revealed that organic acids such as citric and oxalic acids seemed to be more promising as chemical extracting agents for removal of heavy metals from contaminated sludge, since they are biodegradable and can attain a ..
- Ozonolytic depolymerization of polysaccharides in aqueous solutionY Wang
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Carbohydr Res 319:141-7. 1999..pathways include oxidative degradation by radical species that oxidize glycosyl residues to formic, acetic, and oxalic acids. The nonselective degradation caused by acids is minimized by basic buffers...
- DNAPL remediation with in situ chemical oxidation using potassium permanganate. II. Increasing removal efficiency by dissolving Mn oxide precipitatesX David Li
Department of Geological Sciences, The Ohio State University, 125 South Oval Mall, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Contam Hydrol 68:269-87. 2004..Once plugging reduced permeability and prevented further delivery of the oxidant, citric or oxalic acids were pumped into the flow tank to dissolve the Mn oxide precipitates...
- Ethylene glycol poisoningMila Lovric
Clinical Institute of Laboratory Diagnosis, Zagreb University Hospital Center, Kispaticeva 12, Zagreb, Croatia
Forensic Sci Int 170:213-5. 2007..Further toxicological analyses of glycolic and oxalic acids in serum and urine samples were performed by ion-chromatography (IC) method and showed high values in spot ..
- Effect of low molecular weight organic acids on adsorption and desorption of fluoride on variable charge soilsRenkou Xu
Institute of Soil Science, Chinese Academy of Sciences, PO Box 821, Nanjing 210008, China
Environ Geochem Health 28:141-6. 2006....
- Versatile gas/particle ion chromatographS M Rahmat Ullah
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, Texas 79409 1061, USA
Environ Sci Technol 40:962-8. 2006..The system measures ammonia, organic acids (such as acetic, formic, and oxalic acids), HCl, HONO, SO2, HNO3, and the corresponding ions in the aerosol phase...
- Destruction of cresols by Fenton oxidation processV Kavitha
Centre for Environmental Studies, Anna University, Chennai 600 025, India
Water Res 39:3062-72. 2005..The results showed that the cresols were completely oxidized and degraded into lower molecular weight aliphatic acids. Among the acids, acetic and oxalic acids were identified as the major products formed during the degradation.
- Detection and quantification of ligands involved in nickel detoxification in a herbaceous Ni hyperaccumulator Stackhousia tryonii BaileyNaveen P Bhatia
Primary Industries Research Centre, School of Biological and Environmental Sciences, Central Queensland University, Rockhampton, Queensland 4702, Australia
J Exp Bot 56:1343-9. 2005..Malic acid was the dominant organic acid, followed by citric and oxalic acids. The molar ratio of Ni to malic acid was 1...
- Prestorage heat treatment to maintain nutritive and functional properties during postharvest cold storage of pomegranateSeyed Hossein Mirdehghan
Department of Food Technology, EPSO, University Miguel Hernandez, ctra Beniel Km 3 2, 03312 Orihuela, Alicante, Spain
J Agric Food Chem 54:8495-500. 2006..Additionally, the levels of sugars (glucose and fructose) and organic acids (malic, citric, and oxalic acids) remained also at higher concentrations in arils from treated fruits...
- Spectra investigation on surface characteristics of graphene oxide nanosheets treated with tartaric, malic and oxalic acidsXiyao Teng
College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Anhui University, Hefei 230601, PR China Institute of Health Research, Anhui University, Hefei 230601, PR China
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 118:1020-4. 2014..4 F g(-1) to 100.8, 112.4, and 147 F g(-1) after treated with tartaric, malic and oxalic acids, respectively...
- Influence of organic acids on the mobility of heavy metals in soil amended with some insecticidesS U Khan
Department of Applied Chemistry, Z H College of Engineering and Technology, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh 202 002
Indian J Environ Health 44:212-9. 2002..such as: endosulfan, chlorpyrifos, dimethoate and methyl demeton using distilled water, formic, acetic and oxalic acids as mobile phase...
- Effect of low-molecular-weight organic acids on kinetics release and fractionation of phosphorus in some calcareous soils of western IranM Taghipour
Department of Soil Science, College of Agriculture, Bu Ali Sina University, Hamadan, Iran
Environ Monit Assess 185:5471-82. 2013..In this study, we examined the effect of low-molecular-weight organic acids (malic, citric, and oxalic acids) on P release of some calcareous soils from western Iran...
- Reactions of hydroxyl radical with humic substances: bleaching, mineralization, and production of bioavailable carbon substratesJ V Goldstone
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, and Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge 02139, USA
Environ Sci Technol 36:364-72. 2002..Production rates of low molecular weight (LMW) acids including acetic, formic, malonic, and oxalic acids by reaction of SRFA and SRHA with OH* were measured using HPLC...
- Kinetics and mechanism for omethoate degradation by catalytic ozonation with Fe(III)-loaded activated carbon in waterZhimin Qiang
State Key Laboratory of Environmental Aquatic Chemistry, Research Center for Eco Environmental Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 18 Shuang Qing Road, Beijing 100085, China
Chemosphere 90:1966-72. 2013..organic acids and inorganic anions were also detected and quantified, including formic, acetic and oxalic acids as well as nitrate, sulfate and phosphate ions...
- Biodegradation of tribenuron methyl that is mediated by microbial acidohydrolysis at cell-soil interfaceNan Xi Wang
State Key Laboratory of Microbial Resources, Institute of Microbiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100101, China
Chemosphere 86:1098-105. 2012..TBM degradation by strain BW30 was dependent on glucose that was converted into lactic or oxalic acids. HPLC-MS analysis revealed two end-products from TBM degradation, and they were identical to the products from ..
- Enriching carbonylated proteins inside a microchip through the use of oxalyldihydrazide as a crosslinkerBryant C Hollins
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Louisiana Tech University, Ruston, LA, USA
Lab Chip 12:2526-32. 2012..This is the first report to suggest the use of immobilized oxalyldihydrazide on a microchip as an enrichment methodology for low abundance proteins in a sample...
- Ethylene glycol poisoning: quintessential clinical toxicology; analytical conundrumWilliam H Porter
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Kentucky Medical Center, Lexington, KY, United States
Clin Chim Acta 413:365-77. 2012..review encompasses an assessment of analytical methods for the analytes relevant for the diagnosis and prognosis of ethylene glycol poisoning and of the role of the ethylene glycol metabolites, glycolic and oxalic acids, in its toxicity.
- Composition of hydroponic medium affects thorium uptake by tobacco plantsPetr Soudek
Laboratory of Plant Biotechnologies, Institute of Experimental Botany AS CR, v v i, Rozvojova 263, 165 02 Prague 6, Lysolaje, Czech Republic
Chemosphere 92:1090-8. 2013..Thorium was accumulated preferentially in the root system. The presence of citric, tartaric and oxalic acids in hydroponic medium increased thorium accumulation in all plant organs...
- Plums (Prunus domestica L.) are a good source of yeasts producing organic acids of industrial interest from glycerolPaula García-Fraile
Departamento de Microbiologia y Genetica, Universidad de Salamanca, 37007 Salamanca, Spain
Food Chem 139:31-4. 2013..The production from glycerol of succinic, acetic, citric, malic and oxalic acids from C. oleophila and W. anomalus, and that of succinic, oxalic and acetic acids by P...
- Bioleaching of nickel and cobalt from lateritic chromite overburden using the culture filtrate of Aspergillus nigerSupratim Biswas
Department of Metallurgical and Material Engineering, Jadavpur University, Kolkata 700032, India
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 170:1547-59. 2013..The culture filtrate was analyzed for citric and oxalic acids, and contained only oxalic acid-the concentration of which increased with time...
- Photo-Fenton-like treatment of BPA: effect of UV light source and water matrix on toxicity and transformation productsMerle Molkenthin
Berlin University of Technology, Department of Water Quality and Control, Strasse des 17 Juni 135, 10623 Berlin, Germany
Water Res 47:5052-64. 2013..4-ethyl,1,3-benzenediol), as well as the ring opening products hexanoic acid methyl ester, fumaric, succinic and oxalic acids. A reaction pathway featuring hydroxylation, dimerization and ring opening steps is proposed.
- Effects of the selective sigma receptor ligand, 1-(2-phenethyl)piperidine oxalate (AC927), on the behavioral and toxic effects of cocaineRae R Matsumoto
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 118:40-7. 2011..Earlier studies have shown that cocaine and many other abused substances interact with sigma receptors and that antagonism of these proteins can mitigate their actions...
- Pyrolysis of pine and gasification of pine chars--influence of organically bound metalsA Aho
Process Chemistry Centre, Åbo Akademi University, FI 20500 Turku Åbo, Finland
Bioresour Technol 128:22-9. 2013..elements in pine wood was performed with different acids, namely, nitric, sulfuric, hydrochloric and oxalic acids. No other major changes in the chemical composition of the biomass were observed except the removal of the ..
- Cadmium, lead and zinc leaching from smelter fly ash in simple organic acids--simulators of rhizospheric soil solutionsVojtech Ettler
Institute of Geochemistry, Mineralogy and Mineral Resources, Charles University, Albertov 6, 12843 Prague 2, Czech Republic
J Hazard Mater 170:1264-8. 2009..5-168 h) in 500 microM solutions of acetic, citric, or oxalic acids to simulate the release of toxic metals (Cd, Pb, Zn) in rhizosphere-like environments...
- Therapeutic manipulation of the HIF hydroxylasesSimon Nagel
Acute Stroke Programme, Nuffield Department of Clinical Medicine, John Radcliffe Hospital, Headington, Oxford, United Kingdom
Antioxid Redox Signal 12:481-501. 2010..This article summarizes current understanding of the biochemistry of the HIF hydroxylases, identifies targets for their pharmacological manipulation, and discusses their potential in the therapeutic manipulation of the HIF system...
- Attenuation of methamphetamine-induced effects through the antagonism of sigma (sigma) receptors: Evidence from in vivo and in vitro studiesRae R Matsumoto
Department of Pharmacology, University of Mississippi, University, MS 38677, USA
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 18:871-81. 2008..Together, the results demonstrate that AC927 protects against METH-induced effects, and suggests a new strategy for treating psychostimulant abuse...
- The influence of aluminium availability on phosphate uptake in Phaseolus vulgaris L. and Phaseolus lunatus LTanja Mimmo
Department of Agroenvironmental Sciences and Technologies, University of Bologna, Viale Fanin 40, 40127 Bologna, Italy
Plant Physiol Biochem 47:68-72. 2009..vulgaris L var. Red Kidney released fumaric acid and P. lunatus L. fumaric and oxalic acids which could have hindered further Al uptake...
- Antibacterial activity and spectral studies of trivalent chromium, manganese, iron macrocyclic complexes derived from oxalyldihydrazide and glyoxalD P Singh
Department of Chemistry, National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra, Haryana, 136 119, India
J Enzyme Inhib Med Chem 24:883-9. 2009..The biological activities of the metal complexes were tested in vitro against a number of pathogenic bacteria and some of the complexes exhibited remarkable antibacterial activities...
- Electrochemical incineration of high concentration azo dye wastewater on the in situ activated platinum electrode with sustained microwave radiationGuohua Zhao
Department of Chemistry, Tongji University, Shanghai, China
Chemosphere 77:188-93. 2009..2,5-Dinitrophenol, p-nitrophenol, hydroquinone, benzoquinone, maleic and oxalic acids are the main intermediates during degradation of methyl orange...
- [Cu and Fe bioleaching in low-grade chalcopyrite and bioleaching mechanisms using Penicillium janthinellum strain GXCR]Yuan Zhou
College of Life Science and Technology, Guangxi University, Nanning 530005, China
Sheng Wu Gong Cheng Xue Bao 24:1993-2002. 2008..05). The major organic acids for Cu and Fe bioleaching were citric and oxalic acids, respectively...
- Heavy metal contaminant remediation study of western Xiamen Bay sediment, China: laboratory bench scale testing resultsLuoping Zhang
State Key Laboratory of Marine Environmental Science, Environmental Science Research Center, Xiamen University, Xiamen, Fujian, PR China
J Hazard Mater 172:108-16. 2009..This research provides additional useful information for sediment metal remediation technology development...
- Increase of ascorbic acid content and nutritional quality in spinach leaves during physiological acclimation to low temperatureSimona Proietti
Istituto di Biologia Agroambientale e Forestale, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Viale Marconi 2, 05010 Porano TR, Italy
Plant Physiol Biochem 47:717-23. 2009The effect of acclimation to 10 degrees C on the leaf content of ascorbic and oxalic acids, was investigated in spinach (Spinacia oleracea L.)...
- Reaction pathways of glucose oxidation by ozone under acidic conditionsOlivier Marcq
ICMUB LIMRES UMR 5260, Universite de Bourgogne, Faculte des Sciences Mirande, F 21100 Dijon, France
Carbohydr Res 344:1303-10. 2009..The origin of small molecules such as tartaric, erythronic, and oxalic acids is clarified...
- Kinetics of acid leaching of ilmenite decomposed by KOH Part 2. Leaching by H2SO4 and C2H2O4A A Nayl
Hot Laboratory Center, Atomic Energy Authority, Inshas, Cairo, Egypt
J Hazard Mater 168:793-9. 2009A kinetic study of the leaching of ilmenite paste (resulting from ilmenite treatment by KOH) by sulfuric and oxalic acids has been investigated...
- Thallium dynamics in contrasting light sandy soils--soil vulnerability assessment to anthropogenic contaminationAles Vanek
Department of Soil Science and Soil Protection, Czech University of Life Sciences Prague, Kamycka 129, 165 21 Praha 6, Czech Republic
J Hazard Mater 173:717-23. 2010..Thermodynamic modeling showed that Tl mobilization in the presence of citric and oxalic acids was indirect and could be attributed to complexation of major elements (Ca, Mg, Al) originating from the ..
- Effects of amendments on soil availability and phytoremediation potential of aged p,p'-DDT, p,p'-DDE and p,p'-DDD residues by willow plants (Salix sp.)Francesca M Mitton
Laboratorio de Ecotoxicologia, Facultad de Ciencias Exactas y Naturales, Universidad Nacional de Mar del Plata UNMdP, Mar del Plata, Argentina
J Hazard Mater 203:62-8. 2012..3 ng g(-1)) and p,p'-DDE (381.4 ng g(-1)) residues. The effect of root exudates, Tween 80 and citric and oxalic acids on DDTs desorption and availability from soil was tested together with the plant uptake and translocation...
- [Mitochondrial pyruvate carboxylase]Michinori Ito
Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, University of Tokushima
Nihon Rinsho 60:122-5. 2002
- Effects of cell lysis treatments on the yield of coenzyme Q10 following Agrobacterium tumefaciens fermentation- Yuting Tian
College of Food Science and Engineering, Northwest A and F University, Yangling Shaanxi, P R China 712100
Food Sci Technol Int 16:195-203. 2010..acid is found the most effective in releasing CoQ₁₀, followed by lactic, sulfuric, phosphoric and oxalic acids. The most significant processing parameters, namely the ratio of acid solution volume and bacteria weight (A/B ..
- A ratiometric fluorescent probe for oxalate based on alkyne-conjugated carboxamidoquinolines in aqueous solution and imaging in living cellsChunsheng He
Shanghai Key Laboratory of Chemical Biology, School of Pharmacy East China University of Science and Technology, 130 Meilong Road, Shanghai, 200237, PR China
Dalton Trans 40:1034-7. 2011..It shows highly selective "on-off" fluorescence changes with a more than 20 nm blue shift in wavelength for oxalic acids in aqueous solution. Moreover, it can fluorescently respond to oxalic acid in living cells.
- Seasonal variation in total phenolic and flavonoid contents and DPPH scavenging activity of Bellis perennis L. flowersTomáš Siatka
Department of Pharmacognosy, Faculty of Pharmacy in Hradec Kralove, Charles University in Prague, Heyrovskeho 1203, 500 05 Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
Molecules 15:9450-61. 2010..with aluminium chloride after acidic hydrolysis of flower extracts (method 1) and by reaction with boric and oxalic acids in extracts without their modification (method 2)...
- Sigma (σ) receptor ligand, AC927 (N-phenethylpiperidine oxalate), attenuates methamphetamine-induced hyperthermia and serotonin damage in miceMichael J Seminerio
Department of Basic Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV 26506, USA
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 98:12-20. 2011..Together, the data suggest that AC927 (10 mg/kg) protects against methamphetamine-induced neurotoxicity. The reduction of methamphetamine-induced hyperthermia by AC927 may contribute to the observed neuroprotection in vivo...
- Effect of selected metal ions on the photocatalytic degradation of bog lake water natural organic matterLuis A Tercero Espinoza
Water Chemistry, Engler Bunte Institut, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Engler Bunte Ring 1, 76131 Karlsruhe, Germany
Water Res 45:1039-48. 2011..Similarly, addition of Cu(2+) reduced the production of formic and oxalic acids, and reduced the bioavailability of the partially degraded NOM.
- Aqueous coordination chemistry and photochemistry of uranyl(VI) oxalate revisited: a density functional theory studySatoru Tsushima
Institut fur Radiochemie, Forschungszentrum Dresden Rossendorf FZD, Bautzner Landstraße 400, 01328, Dresden, Germany
Dalton Trans 39:10953-8. 2010..1:2) complex as the main photoreactive species are thus unlikely to apply, because the two oxalic acids are bound to uranium in a chelating binding mode...
- Small-molecule inhibitors of NADPH oxidase 4Gabor Borbely
Vichem Chemie Research Ltd, Budapest, Hungary
J Med Chem 53:6758-62. 2010..Twenty-four compounds inhibited Nox4 activity with low-micromolar IC(50) values of which three were selected for further drug development...
- [Degradation mechanism of phenol with electrogenerated hydrogen peroxide on a Pd/C gas-diffusion electrode]Hui Wang
College of Environmental Science and Engineering, Beijing Forestry University, Beijing 100083, China
Huan Jing Ke Xue 31:1506-12. 2010..and benzoquinone as the main aromatic intermediates, and adipic, maleic, fumaric, succinic, malonic, and oxalic acids as the main aliphatic carboxylic intermediates. A reaction scheme involving all these intermediates was proposed...
- Discrimination of apple juice and herbal liqueur brands with solid-state electrodes covered with polyaniline and thiacalixarenesG A Evtugyn
AM Butlerov Chemistry Institute, Kazan State University, Kazan, Russian Federation
Talanta 82:613-9. 2010..Besides, the electrodes developed make it possible to detect individual antioxidants (ascorbic, malic, oxalic acids, hydroquinone, and quercetin) in the range from 5.0x10(-6) to 1...
- Selective inhibitors of the JMJD2 histone demethylases: combined nondenaturing mass spectrometric screening and crystallographic approachesNathan R Rose
The Department of Chemistry and the Oxford Centre for Integrative Systems Biology, Chemistry Research Laboratory, University of Oxford, 12 Mansfield Road, Oxford, OX1 3TA, United Kingdom
J Med Chem 53:1810-8. 2010..A crystal structure of JMJD2A in complex with one of the potent inhibitors was obtained; modeling other inhibitors based on this structure predicts interactions that enable improved inhibition for some compounds...
- Ascorbate metabolism and the developmental demand for tartaric and oxalic acids in ripening grape berriesVanessa J Melino
The University of Adelaide, School of Agriculture, Food and Wine, Private Mail Bag 1, Glen Osmond, SA 5064, Australia
BMC Plant Biol 9:145. 2009..The purpose of this study was to gain insights into Asc metabolism in wine grapes (Vitis vinifera c.v. Shiraz.) and thus ascertain whether the developmental demand for TA and OA synthesis influences Asc accumulation in the berry...
- Electrochemical incineration of diclofenac in neutral aqueous medium by anodic oxidation using Pt and boron-doped diamond anodesEnric Brillas
Laboratori d Electroquímica de Materials i del Medi Ambient, Departament de Quimica Fisica, Facultat de Quimica, Universitat de Barcelona, Marti i Franques 1 11, 08028 Barcelona, Spain
Chemosphere 79:605-12. 2010..For AO with Pt, high amounts of malic, succinic, tartaric and oxalic acids are accumulated in the bulk and the N-derivatives produced are rapidly destroyed with loss of NH4+...
- Synthesis and spectroscopic studies of biologically active compounds derived from oxalyldihydrazide and benzil, and their Cr(III), Fe(III) and Mn(III) complexesD P Singh
Department of Chemistry, National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra 136 119, India
Eur J Med Chem 44:1731-6. 2009..Some of these complexes have been found to exhibit remarkable antibacterial activities...
- Oxaliplatin doublets in non-small cell lung cancer: a literature reviewDiego Cortinovis
Medical Oncology Unit 2, Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori, Via G Venezian 1, 20133 Milan, Italy
Lung Cancer 60:325-31. 2008..We performed a literature search in order to better understand the possible role of oxaliplatin-based combinations in advanced NSCLC treatment strategies...
- Degradation of chemical substances using wet peroxide oxidation under mild conditionsKiyokazu Okawa
Fukuoka University Institute for Recycling and Environmental Control System, Wakamatsu ku, Kitakyushu, Japan
J Hazard Mater 127:68-72. 2005..Acetic and oxalic acids were mineralized using WPO. TOC removal rate of acetic acid was highest in the solution of pH 2.5...
- A novel atomic force microscope operating in liquid for in situ investigation of electrochemical preparation of porous aluminaHaijun Zhang
Department of Optical Engineering, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310027, People s Republic of China
Microsc Res Tech 66:126-31. 2005..As a typical example of applications, the results of this work show that the new AFM is an ideal and powerful tool for in-situ observation and study of materials or samples in aqueous solutions...
- Effects of dissolved organic matter on toxicity and bioavailability of copper for lettuce sproutsShoko Inaba
Graduate School of Bioagricultural Sciences, Nagoya University, Furo cho, Chikusa ku, Nagoya 464 8601, Japan
Environ Int 31:603-8. 2005..Low molecular weight organic acids (citric, malic, and oxalic acids) increased the toxicity and bioavailability of Cu, but low concentrations of the synthetic chelators ..
- Degradation of tert-butyl alcohol in dilute aqueous solution by an O3/UV processTemesgen Garoma
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, San Diego State University, San Diego, California 92182, USA
Environ Sci Technol 38:5246-52. 2004..formaldehyde were identified as primary intermediates, whereas pyruvaldehyde and acetic, formic, pyruvic, and oxalic acids were generated as a result of further oxidation process...
- Solid phase extraction procedure for urinary organic acid analysis by gas chromatography mass spectrometryAiping Liu
ARUP Institute for Clinical and Experimental Pathology, 500 Chipeta Way, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 806:283-7. 2004..They were below 5 nmole with the exception of malonic and oxalic acids and mevalonic acid lactone...
- Occurrence and characterization of hypovirulence in the tan sclerotial isolate S10 of Sclerotinia sclerotiorumGuo Quing Li
Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, Lethbridge Research Centre, Lethbridge AB, TIJ 4BI Canada
Mycol Res 107:1350-60. 2003..The existence of dsRNA-free hypovirulence in S10 progenies suggests that another hypovirulence mechanism may exist in S. sclerotiorum...
- Role of organic acids in enhancing the desorption and uptake of weathered p,p'-DDE by Cucurbita pepoJason C White
Department of Soil and Water, The Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station, 123 Huntington Street, New Haven, CT 06504, USA
Environ Pollut 124:71-80. 2003..containing weathered p,p'-DDE (300 ng/g, dry weight) were periodically amended with distilled water, citric or oxalic acids (0.01 M). Plants receiving water removed 1.7% of the p,p'-DDE from the soil...
- [Recurrent episodes of acidosis with encephalopathy in a hemodialysis program patient with short bowel syndrome]P Angelet
Unidad Nefrológica del Hospital de la Santa Creu, Jesús Tortosa
Nefrologia 22:196-8. 2002..The detection of acidosis in predialysis measurements and the acute episodes of acidosis, made it necessary to administer bicarbonate to the patient and give him additional hemodialysis sessions...
- sigma(2) Receptors regulate changes in sphingolipid levels in breast tumor cellsKeith W Crawford
Department of Pharmacology, Howard University College of Medicine, Washington, DC 20059, USA
Eur J Pharmacol 443:207-9. 2002..Both effects were attenuated by the novel sigma(2) receptor antagonist, N-phenethylpiperidine oxalate (AC927). sigma(2) Receptors may produce effects on cell growth and apoptosis by regulating the sphingolipid pathway...
- [Effects of organic acids on the toxicity of cadmium during ryegrass growth]Min Liao
College of Environment and Natural Resources Science, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310029
Ying Yong Sheng Tai Xue Bao 13:109-12. 2002..low molecular weight organic acids, and the sequence of this influence was: citric acid > acetic acid > oxalic acids. The concentration of Cd decreased gradually as a result of increasing the concentration of humic acid, which ..
- [Effect of organic acids on soil chemical behavior of lead and cadmium and their toxicity to plants]Q Lin
Department of Environmental Science, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310029
Ying Yong Sheng Tai Xue Bao 12:619-22. 2001The interaction between organic acids (citric and oxalic acids) and heavy metals was examined in this paper...
- Photooxidation of the phenylazonaphthol AO20 on TIO2: kinetic and mechanistic investigationsC Galindo
Laboratoire de Chimie Textile, Ecole Nationale Superieure de Chimie de Mulhouse, France
Chemosphere 45:997-1005. 2001..original dye anchored to the oxide surface systematically undergoes fast decomposition until it is transformed into CO2 or aliphatic acids (formic, acetic, oxalic acids), which react rather slowly with hydroxyl radicals or trapped holes.
- Formation of reduced carbonaceous matter in basalts and xenoliths: reaction of C-O-H gases on olivine crack surfacesT N Tingle
Department of Geology, Stanford University, CA 94305, USA
Geochim Cosmochim Acta 57:3245-9. 1993....
- Synthesis of radialene-shaped pyrroles by multiple-anion-capture reactions of 1,3-dianionsP Langer
Institut für Organische Chemie der Georg August Universität Göttingen, Germany
Chemistry 7:2617-27. 2001..The cyclization products can be considered as aza-analogues of the pharmacologically relevant substance class of 3-acetyltetramic acids. A rationalization of the experimental results is given based on quantum chemical computations...
- Determination of the Maillard product oxalic acidmonolysinylamide (OMA) in heated milk products by ELISAK Hasenkopf
Friedrich Alexander University Erlangen, Institute of Pharmacy and Food Chemistry, Schuhstrasse 19, D 91052 Erlangen, Germany
Nahrung 45:206-9. 2001..For some samples intra- and interassay variation were determined. The ELISA was used to measure OMA-formation in heated milk and commercially available infant formula...
- The role of root exudates in aluminium resistance and silicon-induced amelioration of aluminium toxicity in three varieties of maize (Zea mays L.)P S Kidd
Laboratorio de Fisiologia Vegetal, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad Autonoma de Barcelona, E 08193 Bellaterra, Spain
J Exp Bot 52:1339-52. 2001..The flavonoid-type phenolics, to date unconsidered, appear to play a role in the mechanism(s) of Si-induced amelioration of Al toxicity...
- Synthesis, absolute configuration and antimuscarinic activity of the enantiomers of [1-(2,2-diphenyl-[1,3]dioxolan-4-yl)-ethyl]-dimethyl-amineU Gulini
Dipartimento di Scienze Chimiche, Universita degli Studi di Camerino, Italy
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 11:247-50. 2001..These results may well lead to the development of new potent antimuscarinic drugs lacking a cationic head...
- Fomepizole treatment of ethylene glycol poisoning in an infantC R Baum
Department of Pediatrics, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL 60614 3394, USA
Pediatrics 106:1489-91. 2000The enzyme alcohol dehydrogenase metabolizes ingested ethylene glycol (EG) to the toxic compounds glycolic and oxalic acids. Renal failure, acidosis, hypocalcemia, and death may follow...
- Nickel deficiency disrupts metabolism of ureides, amino acids, and organic acids of young pecan foliageCheng Bai
United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, South Atlantic Area, Southeast Fruit and Tree Nut Research Laboratory, Byron, Georgia 31008, USA
Plant Physiol 140:433-43. 2006..Disruption of carbon metabolism was also via accumulation of lactic and oxalic acids. The results indicate that mouse-ear, a key morphological symptom, is likely linked to the toxic accumulation ..
- Mineralization of the biocide chloroxylenol by electrochemical advanced oxidation processesMarcel Skoumal
Laboratori d Electroquímica dels Materials i del Medi Ambient, Departament de Quimica Fisica, Facultat de Quimica, Universitat de Barcelona, Marti i Franques 1 11, 08028 Barcelona, Spain
Chemosphere 71:1718-29. 2008..are identified as aromatic by-products, and maleic, malonic, pyruvic, acetic and oxalic acids are found as generated carboxylic acids...
- Degradation of diuron in aqueous solution by dielectric barrier dischargeJingwei Feng
State Key Laboratory of Pollution Control and Resource Reuse, School of the Environment Nanjing University, Nanjing 210093, PR China
J Hazard Mater 154:1081-9. 2008..The main degradation pathway of diuron by DBD involved a series of dechlorination-hydroxylation, dealkylation and oxidative opening of the aromatic ring processes...
- Ecotoxicology of ozone: bioactivation of extracellular ascorbateHeinrich Sandermann
ecotox freiburg, Schubertstr 1, D 79104 Freiburg, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 366:271-4. 2008..Peroxy-l-threonic and peroxy-oxalic acids are now derived as further decomposition products on the basis of Criegee-type ozone chemistry...
- Capillary electrophoresis for short chain organic acids in faeces Reference values in a Mediterranean elderly populationA Garcia
Universidad San Pablo CEU, Facultad de Farmacia, Campus Monteprincipe, 28668 Boadilla del Monte, Madrid, Spain
J Pharm Biomed Anal 46:356-61. 2008..validated for a representative group of compounds: acetic, propionic butyric, 2-hydroxybutiric, isovaleric, and oxalic acids, including the comparison of results with ionic chromatography...
- Decomposition of toxic pollutants in landfill leachate by ozone after coagulation treatmentTatyana Poznyak
Superior School of Chemical Engineering, National Polytechnic Institute ESIQIE IPN, Edif 7, UPALM, C P 07738, Mexico, DF, Mexico
J Hazard Mater 152:1108-14. 2008..In the HPLC results we identify malonic and oxalic acids. The initial concentrations of these acids were 19 mg/L and 214 mg/L, respectively...
- Changes in crested wheatgrass root exudation caused by flood, drought, and nutrient stressAmelia Henry
Dep of Plants, Soils, and Biometeorology, Utah State Univ, Logan UT 84321, USA
J Environ Qual 36:904-12. 2007..Fumaric, malonic, succinic, and oxalic acids were also detected in the exudates of all treatments...
- Degradation of the herbicide 2,4-DP by anodic oxidation, electro-Fenton and photoelectro-Fenton using platinum and boron-doped diamond anodesEnric Brillas
Laboratori d Electroquímica dels Materials i del Medi Ambient, Departament de Quimica Fisica, Facultat de Quimica, Universitat de Barcelona, Marti i Franques 1 11, 08028 Barcelona, Spain
Chemosphere 68:199-209. 2007..Chlorohydroquinone, chloro-p-benzoquinone and maleic, fumaric, malic, lactic, pyruvic, acetic, formic and oxalic acids are detected as products by chromatographic techniques...
- Recovery of metals from Cuban nickel tailings by leaching with organic acids followed by precipitation and magnetic separationC M F Hernández
High Institute of Mining and Metallurgy Dr Antonio Núnez Jiménez, MOA, Cuba
J Hazard Mater 139:25-30. 2007..34% Ni, 0.08% Co and 44.2% Fe was investigated by using tartaric and oxalic acids at different concentrations...
- Evidence for oligomer formation in clouds: reactions of isoprene oxidation productsKatye E Altieri
Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Department of Environmental Sciences, Rutgers NOAA CMER Program, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, New Brunswick 08901 8521, USA
Environ Sci Technol 40:4956-60. 2006..No evidence of oligomer formation was found in a standard mix composed of pyruvic, glyoxylic, and oxalic acids prepared in the same matrix as the samples analyzed using the same instrument conditions...
- [Decoloring and spectral properties analysis of innoxious ultraviolet absorbents]Yi Wen Fang
Department of Chemistry, Shantou University, Shantou 515063, China
Guang Pu Xue Yu Guang Pu Fen Xi 26:1303-5. 2006..5% (w/w), the ultraviolet ray transmission was smaller than 0.3% in 200-370 nm, and it increased slightly from 370 nm. There was a maximum value at 400 nm, approaching 12%...
- Mechanism of decolorization and degradation of CI Direct Red 23 by ozonation combined with sonolysisShuang Song
College of Biological and Environmental Engineering, Zhejiang University of Technology, Hangzhou 310032, People s Republic of China
Chemosphere 66:1782-8. 2007..with mass spectrometry in the absence of pH buffer, while nitrate and sulfate ions and formic, acetic and oxalic acids were detected by ion chromatography...
- Electrochemical oxidation of oxalic acid at highly boron-doped diamond electrodesTribidasari A Ivandini
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science and Technology, Keio University, 3 14 1 Hiyoshi, Yokohama 223 8522, Japan
Anal Chem 78:3467-71. 2006....
- 1,4- vs 1,3-prototropic mechanism for intramolecular double proton transfer reaction in monothiooxalic acid. Theoretical investigation of potential energy surfaceChristophe Raynaud
Laboratoire de Physique Quantique, UMR 5626, IRSAMC, Université P Sabatier, 118 Route Narbonne, 31062 Toulouse, France
J Phys Chem A 109:9646-52. 2005..The main conclusion is: the 1,4-prototropic mechanism, mainly considered as a one step concerted exchange of protons, is the most favored from an energetic point of view...
- The effect of oxalic acid incorporation on the setting time and strength of a glass-ionomer cementLeon Hugh Prentice
School of Dental Science, University of Melbourne, Parkville, VIC 3010, Australia
Acta Biomater 2:109-12. 2006..Oxalic acid may be a useful reaction modifier in glass-ionomer systems. It accelerated the setting reaction without affecting strength, but was limited to low concentrations because of its relatively poor solubility in water...
- Antimicrobial, spectral, magnetic and thermal studies of Cu(II), Ni(II), Co(II), UO(2)(VI) and Fe(III) complexes of the Schiff base derived from oxalylhydrazideKhlood Abou Melha
Department of Chemistry, Education College for Girls, Abha, Saudi Arabia, KSA
J Enzyme Inhib Med Chem 23:285-95. 2008..The ligand and its metal complexes were tested against a Gram + ve bacteria (Staphylococcus aureus), a Gram -ve bacteria (Escherichia coli), and a fungi (Candida albicans). The tested compounds exhibited high antibacterial activities...
- Antibacterial Schiff bases of oxalyl-hydrazine/diamide incorporating pyrrolyl and salicylyl moieties and of their zinc(II) complexesZahid H Chohan
J Enzyme Inhib Med Chem 17:1-7. 2002..Some of them showed promising biological activity in inhibiting the growth of such organisms...
- Effects of organic and inorganic acids on phosphorus release from municipal sludgeN B Pakdil
Dept of Environmental Engineering, Dokuz Eylul University, Engineering Faculty, Kaynaklar Campus, Buca, 35160, Izmir, Turkey
Water Sci Technol 56:87-94. 2007..the effects of inorganic acids (sulphuric acid, hydrochloric acid, nitric acid) and organic acids (citric acid, oxalic acids) for phosphorus recovery from sludge and struvite precipitation results...
- Oxalate contributes to the resistance of Gaillardia grandiflora and Lupinus sericeus to a phytotoxin produced by Centaurea maculosaTiffany L Weir
Department of Horticulture and Landscape Architecture, Graduate Program in Cell and Molecular Biology, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, 80523, USA
Planta 223:785-95. 2006..Heynh grown in vitro alleviated the phytotoxic effects of catechin, supporting the field experiments and suggesting that root-secreted oxalate may also act as a chemical facilitator for plant species that do not secrete the compound...
- Synthesis and Evaluation of Sigma-Active Cocaine AntagonistsRae R Matsumoto; Fiscal Year: 2010..It is anticipated that the results of this project will stimulate the rational development of new a2 receptor probes and ultimately contribute to improved treatments for psychostimulant abuse. ..
- SIGMA LIGANDS FOR THE TREATMENT OF COCAINE OVERDOSERae Matsumoto; Fiscal Year: 2007..It is anticipated that the results of this project will facilitate the development of new and effective treatments for cocaine abuse. ..
- Synthesis & Evaluation of Cocaine AntagonistsRae Matsumoto; Fiscal Year: 2003..It is anticipated that the results of this project will lead to the development of new and effective treatments for cocaine addiction and overdose. ..
- SIGMA LIGANDS FOR THE TREATMENT OF COCAINE OVERDOSERae Matsumoto; Fiscal Year: 2003..Together, we anticipate that these studies will lead to the development of new and effective agents for the treatment of cocaine overdose and addiction. ..
- Synthesis and Evaluation of Sigma-Active Cocaine AntagonistsRae Matsumoto; Fiscal Year: 2009..It is anticipated that the results of this project will stimulate the rational development of new a2 receptor probes and ultimately contribute to improved treatments for psychostimulant abuse. ..