Summary: The methyl ester of methacrylic acid. It polymerizes easily to form POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE. It is used as a bone cement.
Publications186 found, 100 shown here
- Development of 5-fluorouracil loaded poly(acrylamide-co-methylmethacrylate) novel core-shell microspheres: in vitro release studiesV Ramesh Babu
Drug Delivery Division, Center of Excellence in Polymer Science, Karnatak University, Dharwad 580003, India
Int J Pharm 325:55-62. 2006Novel poly(acrylamide-methylmethacrylate) copolymeric core-shell microspheres crosslinked with N,N'-methylene bisacrylamide have been prepared by free radical emulsion polymerization using varying amounts of acrylamide (AAm), ..
- Embedding of bone samples in methylmethacrylate: a suitable method for tracking LacZ mesenchymal stem cells in skeletal tissuesD Hannouche
Laboratoire de Recherches Orthopediques, CNRS, Faculte de Medecine Lariboisiere Saint Louis, Universite Paris 7, 75010 Paris, France
J Histochem Cytochem 55:255-62. 2007..the histological procedure was adapted to optimize the detection of LacZ cells in bone tissue embedded in methylmethacrylate (MMA). Four fixatives and four fixation times were evaluated...
- Immunohistochemical analysis of low-temperature methylmethacrylate resin-embedded goat tissuesG Vertenten
Department of Surgery and Anaesthesiology of Domestic Animals, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Ghent University, Salisburylaan 133, 9820 Merelbeke, Belgium
Anat Histol Embryol 37:452-7. 2008..The use and development of alternative antibodies might further supplement and complete the possibilities for immunohistochemical analysis of goat tissue samples...
- Quantitative immunogold labeling of bone sialoprotein and osteopontin in methylmethacrylate-embedded rat boneO Laboux
Laboratory for the Study of Calcified Tissues and Biomaterials, Faculty of Dentistry, , , Canada
J Histochem Cytochem 51:61-7. 2003b>Methylmethacrylate (MMA) embedding of undecalcified bone is routinely employed for histomorphometric analyses...
- Bronchial symptoms and respiratory function in workers exposed to methylmethacrylateT Marez
Laboratoire de Toxicologie, , Lille, France
Br J Ind Med 50:894-7. 1993This study aimed to investigate the pulmonary effects of methylmethacrylate (MMA) in a group of occupationally exposed workers. In the exposed group 20% had chronic cough compared with 1% in controls...
- Long-term experience with methylmethacrylate cranioplasty in craniofacial surgeryD Marchac
Cranio Facial Group, 130 rue de la Pompe 75116 Paris, France
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 61:744-52; discussion 753. 2008..A retrospective analysis was carried out to review the senior author's experience of 98 cranioplasties with methylmethacrylate (MM) from 1980 to 2001...
- Temporary articulating methylmethacrylate antibiotic spacer (TAMMAS). A new method of intraoperative manufacturing of a custom articulating spacerW M Goldstein
The Center for Orthopaedic Surgery, Illinois Bone and Joint Institute, Des Plaines 60016, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 83:92-7. 2001..M.G.). It is simply a knee prosthesis made of methylmethacrylate and antibiotics that is manufactured intraoperatively with use of instruments, medications, and supplies ..
- Differential regulation of in vitro cytokine production by human blood cells in response to methylmethacrylateY Liu
Department of Basic Oral Sciences, School of Dentistry, Karolinska Institutet, Huddinge, Sweden
J Toxicol Environ Health A 56:165-82. 1999The effect of methylmethacrylate (MMA) on human whole blood cultures (WBC) obtained from healthy donors was investigated...
- Fat embolization and fatal cardiac arrest during hip arthroplasty with methylmethacrylateK M Fallon
Department of Anesthesia, St. Joseph's Health Care, London, Ontario, Canada
Can J Anaesth 48:626-9. 2001..Hemodynamic instability during methylmethacrylate use in arthroplasty surgery can be explained by fat embolization rather than the inherent toxicity of the ..
- Loading efficiency of stavudine on polybutylcyanoacrylate and methylmethacrylate-sulfopropylmethacrylate copolymer nanoparticlesYung Chih Kuo
Department of Chemical Engineering, National Chung Cheng University, Chia yi 62102, Taiwan, Republic of China
Int J Pharm 290:161-72. 2005..a human immunodeficiency antiretroviral agent, on the external surfaces of polybutylcyanoacrylate (PBCA) and methylmethacrylate-sulfopropylmethacrylate (MMA-SPM) was investigated...
- Root and spinal cord compression from methylmethacrylate vertebroplastyJ Ratliff
Surgical Neurology Branch, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institute of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 26:E300-2. 2001..Case report and literature review...
- Minimization of the inevitable residual monomer in denture base acrylicC Y K Lung
Dental Materials Science, The University of Hong Kong, Prince Philip Dental Hospital, China
Dent Mater 21:1119-28. 2005..It is suggested that overnight processing at 95 degrees C should be adopted to minimize [MMA](R) and save energy. This result is of importance for work at high altitude...
- Influence of thermal cycling on flexural properties of composites reinforced with unidirectional silica-glass fibersGökçe Meriç
Department of Prosthetic Dentistry, Institute of Clinical Dentistry, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Dent Mater 24:1050-7. 2008..The effect of fiber orientation on the thermal expansion of FRCs as well as how the stresses in the composites can be affected was considered...
- Degree of conversion and flexural properties of a dendrimer/methyl methacrylate copolymer: design of experiments and statistical screeningEeva K Viljanen
Department of Prosthetic Dentistry and Biomaterials Research, Institute of Dentistry, University of Turku, Lemminkaisenkatu 2, FIN 20520 Turku, Finland
Dent Mater 21:172-7. 2005..The aim of this study was to investigate the effect of photosensitive initiator and activator concentrations on the degree of conversion and flexural properties of an experimental photopolymerized dental copolymer containing dendrimer...
- Studies on MMA-TBB resin II. The effect of dual use of TBB and other initiators on polymerization of PMMA/MMA resinChiemi Hirabayashi
Institute of Biomaterials and Bioengineering, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, 2-3-10, Kanda-Surugadai, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-0062, Japan
Dent Mater J 22:48-55. 2003..It was suggested that TBB was most suitable as a chemically accelerated initiator component for a dual cure system...
- Surface treatment of dentin with GLUMA and iron compounds for bonding indirect restorationsN Baba
Nagasaki University, Graduate School of Biomedical Science, Nagasaki, Japan
J Oral Rehabil 29:1052-8. 2002..The most effective bonding was obtained with the bonding systems of GLUMA/10-3/SB and GLUMA/CY/SB. Improved outcome is expected with these bonding systems when building up abutment teeth with indirect restorations...
- Effect of glass fibre reinforcement on residual methyl methacrylate content of denture base polymersGulsen Bayraktar
Department of Removable Prosthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Istanbul University, 34390, Capa Istanbul, Turkey
J Dent 31:297-302. 2003....
- The effect of two polishing pastes on the surface roughness of bis-acryl composite and methacrylate-based resinsDeniz Sen
Department of Prosthetic Dentistry, Istanbul University, 34390 Istanbul, Turkey
J Prosthet Dent 88:527-32. 2002..A highly polished restoration surface is necessary to promote a plaque-free environment...
- Surface properties and structures of diblock copolymer and homopolymer with perfluoroalkyl side chainsTakashi Nishino
Department of Chemical Science and Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Kobe University, Rokko, Nada, Kobe 657 8501, Japan
J Colloid Interface Sci 283:533-8. 2005..The very low surface free energy was considered to have originated from the surface segregation of the PFEMA segments highly self-assembled by the presence of chloroform...
- The effect of glass fiber reinforcement on the residual monomer content of two denture base resinsHandan Yilmaz
Department of Prosthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Gazi University, Ankara, Turkey
Quintessence Int 34:148-53. 2003..The level of residual monomer ranged from 0.11% to 0.37% in heat-cured resin and from 0.18% to 0.46% in autopolymerized denture base resin...
- In vitro evaluation of bond strength and surface roughness of a resin-paint materialKoichi Muraguchi
Department of Fixed Prosthetic Dentistry, Kagoshima University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Japan
Dent Mater J 23:406-11. 2004..2 MPa, p<0.0054) after thermo-cycling. As for surface roughness, its results after thermo-cycling (2.7+/-0.2 microm, p<0.001) demonstrated that the resin-paint needed further improvements to maintain the original surface texture...
- Improving a self-curing dental resin by eliminating oxygen, hydroquinone and water from its curing processEn-Sheng Keh
Complete Denture Prosthodontics, Department of Masticatory Function Rehabilitation, Division of Oral Health Science, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, 1-5-4 Yushima, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8549, Japan
Dent Mater J 21:373-82. 2002..Dental clinicians should pay attention to the storage and curing environments while manipulating the self-curing resin...
- Comparison of microleakage of three acid-base luting cements versus one resin-bonded cement for Class V direct composite inlaysMorakot Piemjai
Faculty of Dentistry, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
J Prosthet Dent 88:598-603. 2002..Demineralized dentin beneath set cement may adversely affect microleakage under fixed restorations...
- Studies on MMA-tBB resin. I. Comparison of TBB and other initiators in the polymerization of PMMA/MMA resinChiemi Hirabayashi
Institute of Biomaterials and Bioengineering, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, 2-3-10, Kanda-Surugadai, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-0062, Japan
Dent Mater J 21:314-21. 2002....
- Monomer permeability of disposable dental glovesMasaaki Nakamura
Osaka Dental University, Osaka, Japan
J Prosthet Dent 90:81-5. 2003..Studies have suggested that monomers may be able to permeate dental gloves...
- Effect of surface-charged poly(methyl methacrylate) on the adhesion of Candida albicansSang E Park
Department of Restorative Dentistry and Biomaterials Sciences, Harvard School of Dental Medicine, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Prosthodont 12:249-54. 2003..An in vitro system was designed to assess the adhesion of C. albicans to surface-charged poly(methyl methacrylate) (PMMA) surfaces...
- Leachability of plasticizer and residual monomer from commercial temporary restorative resinsT Kawahara
Department of Operative Dentistry, Graduate School of Biomedical Science, Hiroshima University, 1-2-3 Kasumi, Minami-ku, Hiroshima 734-8553, Japan
J Dent 32:277-83. 2004..Therefore, it is very important to evaluate the leachability of these compounds from temporary restorative resins...
- Residual methyl methacrylate monomer, water sorption, and water solubility of hypoallergenic denture base materialsPeter Pfeiffer
Department of Prosthetic Dentistry, School of Oral Medicine, University of Cologne, Germany
J Prosthet Dent 92:72-8. 2004..Water sorption and water solubility of denture base resins affect dimensional behavior and denture stability. A correlation between residual monomer and water sorption exists...
- Intra-oral adhesive systems for ceramic repairs: a comparisonOvul Kumbuloglu
Department of Prosthodontics, School of Dentistry, Ege University, Izmir, Turkey
Acta Odontol Scand 61:268-72. 2003..The roughened surface does not necessarily provide a better bond strength; the bond strength of composite decreases with storage in water and after thermocycling. Bond strength values were generally low for all of the tested materials...
- [Sensitivity to constituents of bone cement in a patient with joint prosthesis]D Richter-Hintz
Hautarzt 55:987-9. 2004..Allergic testing showed clinically relevant Type IV sensitization to methylmethacrylate, as well as to various formulations of the bone cement, including one with an added antibiotic...
- Comparative evaluation of thione and phosphate monomers on bonding gold alloy and Ti-6Al-7Nb alloy with tri-n-butylborane initiated resinTakaya Ishii
Nihon University Graduate School of Dentistry, 1 8 13, Kanda Surugadai, Chiyoda ku, Tokyo 101 8310, Japan
Dent Mater J 27:56-60. 2008..Further, when specimens were primed with Alloy Primer that contained both functional monomers, bond strength to Ti-6Al-7Nb alloy was greater than that to Au-Pt-Pd alloy...
- Assessing the performance of a methyl methacrylate-based resin cement with self-etching primer for bonding orthodontic bracketsMayuko Kawasaki
Department of Orthodontics, Nihon University School of Dentistry at Matsudo, Chiba, Japan
Angle Orthod 73:702-9. 2003..Thus, the Multibond system may be a candidate for bonding orthodontic brackets with the advantage of minimizing enamel loss...
- Influence of pH and time on organic substance release from a model dental composite: a fluorescence spectrophotometry and gas chromatography/mass spectrometry analysisUlf Ortengren
Department of Prosthetic Dentistry Dental Materials Science, Faculty of Odontology, Sahlgrenska Academy at Goteborg University, SE 405 30 Goteborg, Sweden
Eur J Oral Sci 112:530-7. 2004..Critical combinations of time and pH allowed the elution of several organic substances, predominantly methacrylic acid, triethylene glycol dimethacrylate and hydroquinone, from the model resin composite, Z-100...
- On permeability of methyl methacrylate, 2-hydroxyethyl methacrylate and triethyleneglycol dimethacrylate through protective gloves in dentistryHarriet Andreasson
Department of Prosthetic Dentistry Dental Materials Science, Faculty of Odontology, Sahlgrenska Academy at Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Eur J Oral Sci 111:529-35. 2003..The decision on which types of gloves to use should also take into account the risks of latex allergy and contact allergy to rubber chemicals and the convenience of the gloves for fine manual work...
- Novel, multi-purpose, PMMA-type adhesive resin with newly synthesized microcapsule of radical polymerization initiatorsKiyomi Fuchigami
Department of Research and Development, Shofu Inc, 11 Kamitakamatsu cho, Fukuine, Higashiyama ku, Kyoto 605 0983, Japan
Dent Mater J 27:35-48. 2008..In direct contrast, it was found that Adhesive-MC still retained its capabilities for adhesion to gold alloy and initiation of radical polymerization (p<0.05)...
- Characterization of methyl methacrylate grafting onto preirradiated biodegradable lignocellulose fiber by gamma-radiationFerdous Khan
Department of Environmental and Ordnance Systems, Royal Military College of Science RMCS, Cranfield University, Shrivenham, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN6 8LA, UK
Macromol Biosci 5:78-89. 2005..Fiber-fiber surface friction was measured in terms of the average maximum load and the kinetic friction. SEM of jute-graft-poly(methyl methacrylate)...
- Surface roughness of auto polymerized acrylic resin according to different manipulation and polishing methods: an in situ evaluationTatiana Siqueira Gonçalves
Department of Orthodontics, Pontifical Catholic University of Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Angle Orthod 78:931-4. 2008..To test the hypothesis that no differences exists in the in situ level of surface roughness of an auto polymerized acrylic resin irrespective of the method of manipulation and polishing...
- In vitro wear of various orthotic device materialsJeffery Casey
United States Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo, USA
J Prosthet Dent 90:498-502. 2003..007). CONCLUSION: Differences in in vitro wear resistance among various orthotic device materials exist. The in vitro wear resistance among other autopolymerizing materials appears to be related to proprietary differences...
- Evaluation of vertical accuracy of interocclusal recordsVassilis K Vergos
Department of Fixed Prosthodontics, School of Dentistry, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece
Int J Prosthodont 16:365-8. 2003..The aim of this study was to evaluate four recording materials (polyether, polyvinyl siloxane, acrylic resin, and wax) for their ability to accurately record, maintain, and reproduce the vertical interocclusal relationship...
- Flexural strength and moduli of hypoallergenic denture base materialsPeter Pfeiffer
School of Oral Medicine, University of Cologne, Germany
J Prosthet Dent 93:372-7. 2005..There is insufficient knowledge of the mechanical properties of hypoallergenic denture base materials to warrant their use in place of PMMA-based acrylic resins for patients with allergic reaction to MMA...
- Surface treatment agent for dental metals using a thiirane monomer and a phosphoric acid monomerYoshinori Kadoma
Department of Applied Functional Molecules, Institute of Biomaterials and Bioengineering, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Japan
Dent Mater J 21:156-69. 2002..The combined treatment of EP3MA-MDP or EP8MA-MDP was used effectively for non-precious metals as well as precious metals, and was shown to be extremely effective compared with the single treatment of EP3MA, EP8MA, or MDP...
- The effect of chemical surface treatments of different denture base resins on the shear bond strength of denture repairY Sinasi Sarac
Faculty of Dentistry, Department of Prosthetic Dentistry, Ondokuz Mayas University, 55139 Kurupelit, Samsun, Turkey
J Prosthet Dent 94:259-66. 2005..Fracture of a repaired denture base often occurs at the junction of the base and repair materials rather than within these materials...
- Development and application of methods for determination of residual monomer in dental acrylic resins using high performance liquid chromatographyV M Urban
Department of Dental Materials and Prosthodontics, , UNESP, Araraquara, , Brazil
Biomed Chromatogr 20:369-76. 2006....
- Cytotoxicity of provisional crown and bridge restoration materials: an in vitro studyG Ergun
Department of Prosthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Gazi University, Ankara, Turkey
J Oral Sci 43:123-8. 2001..The results of this study show that although the toxicity response of chemically and light curing materials had changed in different time periods, all of them had the same toxic effects at the end of the 24th hour...
- Bond strength of acrylic teeth to denture base resin after various surface conditioning methods before and after thermocyclingGuilherme Saavedra
Sao Jose dos Campos Dental School, Sao Paulo State University, Sao Jose dos Campos, Brazil
Int J Prosthodont 20:199-201. 2007..0001) (SM4 = SM2 > SM3 > SM1) and storage regimens (P < .0001) (dry > thermocycled). The methyl methacrylate-based adhesive showed the highest bond strength...
- Evaluation of two matrix materials intended for fiber-reinforced polymersSusanna Segerström
NIOM, Scandinavian Institute of Dental Materials, Haslum, Norway
Eur J Oral Sci 113:422-8. 2005..75 +/- 0.17) MPa x m1/2 than for polymer A (0.55 +/- 0.12) MPa x m1/2. The resin binders showed an appropriate consistency while remaining in a fluid state during storage and manipulation...
- In vitro color stability of provisional crown and bridge restoration materialsGulfem Ergun
Department of Prosthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Gazi University
Dent Mater J 24:342-50. 2005..Based on the results of this study, we do not recommend amine-containing Structur to be used as a provisional crown and bridge restorative material for treatments of a longer duration...
- Fracture force, deflection, and toughness of acrylic denture repairs involving glass fiber reinforcementIoannis Kostoulas
Section of Removable Prosthodontics, Department of Prosthodontics, Dental School, University of Athens, Athens, Greece
J Prosthodont 17:257-61. 2008..Another group was repaired with autopolymerized resin after wetting the repair site with methyl methacrylate (MA-MMA) for 180 seconds. A group of intact specimens was used as control...
- Improved bonding of adhesive resin to sintered porcelain with the combination of acid etching and a two-liquid silane conditionerH Kato
Department of Fixed Prosthodontics, Nagasaki University School of Dentistry, Nagasaki, Japan
J Oral Rehabil 28:102-8. 2001..3 MPa) for the porcelain bonded with the 4-META/MMA-TBB resin (Super-Bond C&B)...
- Effect of rigid rod polymer filler on mechanical properties of poly-methyl methacrylate denture base materialAnne Maria Vuorinen
Department of Prosthetic Dentistry and Biomaterials Science, Institute of Dentistry, University of Turku, Lemminkaisenkatu 2, 20520 Turku, Finland
Dent Mater 24:708-13. 2008..The aim of this study was to evaluate the mechanical properties of denture base material with rigid rod polymer (RRP) particulate fillers...
- Characterization of new biodegradable bone cement compositions based on functional polysuccinates and methacrylic anhydrideJan Lukaszczyk
Silesian University of Technology, Department of Physical Chemistry and Technology of Polymers, ul M Strzody 9, 44 100 Gliwice, Poland
J Biomater Sci Polym Ed 18:825-42. 2007..Moreover, addition of bioactive mineral filler (BCP) improves significantly mechanical properties of these materials. On the other hand, it slows down their hydrolytic degradation...
- Mechanical and physical properties of carbon-graphite fiber-reinforced polymers intended for implant suprastructuresSusanna Segerström
NIOM, Nordic Institute of Dental Materials, Postboks 70, N 1344 Haslum, Norway
Dent Mater 23:1150-6. 2007..Mechanical properties and quality of fiber/matrix adhesion of poly(methyl methacrylate) (PMMA)-based materials, reinforced with carbon-graphite (CG) fibers that are able to remain in a plastic state until polymerization, were examined...
- Dendritic copolymers and particulate filler composites for dental applications: degree of conversion and thermal propertiesEeva K Viljanen
Department of Prosthetic Dentistry and Biomaterials Science, Institute of Dentistry, University of Turku, Turku, Finland
Dent Mater 23:1420-7. 2007..The aim of this study was to determine the degree of double bond conversion and thermal properties of photopolymerized dendritic copolymers and particulate filler composites that may be used as dental restorative materials...
- Effects of bone cement extracts on the cell-mediated immune responseDonatella Granchi
Dipartimento Putti Istituti Ortopedici Rizzoli, Bologna, Italy
Biomaterials 23:1033-41. 2002..These findings show that the products released from bone cement are not able, by themselves, to elicit a specific immune response; on the contrary they hamper the function of lymphocytes activated by an exogenous stimulus...
- Reline materials--handle with care? An investigation into the effect of varying the powder/liquid ratio on some properties of auto-polymerising acrylic resin materialsD R Williams
Department of Oral and Dental Science, Division of Restorative Dentistry Prosthodontics, Bristol Dental School and Hospital
Prim Dent Care 8:151-5. 2001..This method however may have deleterious effects on the properties of the resultant material...
- Bonding of prosthetic composite material to Ti-6Al-7Nb alloy with eight metal conditioners and a surface modification techniqueH Yanagida
Department of Fixed Prosthodontics, Nagasaki University School of Dentistry, Japan
Am J Dent 14:291-4. 2001....
- A simplified numerical simulation method of bending properties for glass fiber cloth reinforced denture base resinYasuhiro Tanimoto
Department of Dental Materials, Research Institute of Oral Science, Nihon University School of Dentistry at Matsudo, Chiba, Japan
Dent Mater J 21:105-17. 2002..It is concluded that the model was effective for the failure progress analysis of GFRP...
- Effect of silane primers and unfilled resin bonding agents on repair bond strength of a prosthodontic microfilled compositeN Hisamatsu
Fixed Prosthodontics Division, Nagasaki University Hospital of Dentistry, Nagasaki, Japan
J Oral Rehabil 29:644-8. 2002..The use of an unfilled resin bonding agent after application of a silane primer (Porcelain Liner M) is recommended to ensure adequate repair bonding between layers of the composite material...
- Effects of dental resin components on vascular reactivityWilliam F Maddux
Department of Oral Biology and Maxillofacial Pathology, School of Dentistry, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia 30912-1128, USA
J Biomed Mater Res 61:572-80. 2002..These phenomena may play a role in tissue homeostasis and certain pathophysiological conditions associated with the application of resin materials to the oral environment...
- Comparison of an experimental bone cement with surgical Simplex P, Spineplex and CortossD Boyd
Materials and Surface Science Institute, University of Limerick, National Technological Park, Limerick, Ireland
J Mater Sci Mater Med 19:1745-52. 2008..This paper shows that Zn-GPC, with optimised setting times, are suitable candidate materials for further development as bone cements...
- Quantitative analysis of monomer vapor release from two-solution bone cement by using a novel FTIR techniqueImad K Merkhan
Department of Biomedical and Chemical Engineering, Syracuse University, New York 13244, USA
J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater 74:643-8. 2005....
- Oxidative and hydrolytic stability of a novel acrylic terpolymer for biomedical applicationsAnka N Veleva
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27695, USA
J Biomed Mater Res A 74:117-23. 2005..The results from this study indicate excellent biostability of HMA-MMA-MAA terpolymers and thus their potential for use in biomedical devices for long-term implantation...
- Physicochemical evaluation of silica-glass fiber reinforced polymers for prosthodontic applicationsGökçe Meriç
NIOM, Scandinavian Institute of Dental Materials, PO Box 70, N 1305 Haslum, Norway
Eur J Oral Sci 113:258-64. 2005..It was suggested that silica-glass fibers could be used for reinforcement as a result of their anticipated good qualities in aqueous environments, such as the oral environment...
- The osteolytic response of macrophages to challenge with particles of Simplex P, Endurance, Palacos R, and Vertebroplastic bone cement particles in vitroJoanne H Ingram
Institute of Medical and Biological Engineering, University of Leeds, Leeds, LS2 9JT, United Kingdom
J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater 75:210-20. 2005..Hence, compared with the same volumetric concentrations, particles of Palacos R and Endurance were the most, and particles of Vertebroplastic were the least biologically reactive...
- Long-term tensile bond durability of two different 4-META containing resin cements to dentinY Kitasako
Cariology and Operative Dentistry, Department of Restorative Sciences, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, 5 45 Yushima 1 chome, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8549, Japan
Dent Mater 18:276-80. 2002..This study was conducted to evaluate the tensile bond durability of two different types of 4-META containing resin cements over a period of 3 years...
- Characterization of powder components of commercial bone cementsY Imai
Institute of Biomaterials and Bioengineering, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, 2-3-10, Kanda-Surugadai, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-0062, Japan
Dent Mater J 20:345-52. 2001..It was found that the BPO content was not always in agreement with the value given by the manufacturers on the package...
- Bonding strength between a hard chairside reline resin and a denture base material as influenced by surface treatmentC R Leles
Department of Dental Materials and Prosthodontics, , Araraquara Dental School, Araraquara, SP, Brazil
J Oral Rehabil 28:1153-7. 2001..The bond strength provided by all the surface treatments was lower than that of the intact heat-cured resin...
- 172 reuse of autoclaved intravaginal progesterone device to estrous synchronization in toggenburg goats in the breeding seasonJ M G Souza
Federal University of Vicosa, Vicosa, MG, Brazil
Reprod Fertil Dev 23:188. 2011..This technique can be a simple and valuable tool to reduce sanitary risks of disease transmission without altering fertility in goats...
- Isotachophoresis and isotachophoresis--zone electrophoresis separations of inorganic anions present in water samples on a planar chip with column-coupling separation channels and conductivity detectionR Bodor
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Natural Sciences, Comenius University, Bratislava, Slovak Republic
J Chromatogr A 916:155-65. 2001The use of a poly(methylmethacrylate) chip, provided with two separation channels in the column-coupling (CC) arrangement and on-column conductivity detection sensors, to electrophoretic separations of a group of inorganic anions (..
- A histologic analysis of the effects of stainless steel and titanium implants adjacent to tendons: an experimental rabbit studyAdam Nazzal
Hand and Upper Extremity Service, Department of Plastic Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Hand Surg Am 31:1123-30. 2006..Our objective was to evaluate the response of adjacent extensor tendons to titanium and stainless steel in a rabbit in vivo model and to evaluate the influence of time...
- Implantation of a black diaphragm intraocular lens in ten cases of post-traumatic aniridiaG Beltrame
Department of Ophthalmology, Hospital of San Donà di Piave, Venezia, Italy
Eur J Ophthalmol 13:62-8. 2003..To retrospectively review the safety and efficacy of black-diaphragm intraocular lenses (IOL) implanted for the treatment of post-traumatic aniridia...
- [Exogenous estrogen improved calcium homeostasis and skeletal mineralization in vitamin D receptor gene knockout female mice.]Bing Yan Li
Radiation Medical and Public School of Soochow University, Suzhou 215123, China E mail
Sheng Li Xue Bao 58:573-6. 2006..Tibiae were removed, fixed and embedded with the methylmethacrylate (MMA), and undecalcified sections were cut...
- Transport of stavudine, delavirdine, and saquinavir across the blood-brain barrier by polybutylcyanoacrylate, methylmethacrylate-sulfopropylmethacrylate, and solid lipid nanoparticlesYung Chih Kuo
Department of Chemical Engineering, National Chung Cheng University, Chia yi 62102, Taiwan, ROC
Int J Pharm 340:143-52. 2007..Here, the anti-HIV agents were incorporated with polybutylcyanoacrylate (PBCA) nanoparticles (NPs), methylmethacrylate-sulfopropylmethacrylate (MMA-SPM) NPs, and solid lipid nanoparticles (SLNs)...
- [Heparin Surface-Modified Poly(methylmethacrylate) and Foldable Hydrophobic Acrylic Intraocular Lenses in Cataract Patients with Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome and CMV-Retinitis]Susanne Krieglsteiner
Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universitat, Zentrum für Augenheilkunde, Frankfurt am Main
Klin Monbl Augenheilkd 221:40-6. 2004..Heparin surface-modified PMMA-IOLs as well as acrylic IOLs are associated with less postoperative inflammation than conventional intraocular lenses...
- Treatment of benign giant cell tumours of bone in SingaporeY W Lim
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Changi General Hospital, Singapore
Ann Acad Med Singapore 34:235-7. 2005..The multinucleated giant cells present are formed from the fusion of mononuclear cells. Giant cell tumour is more common in Southeast Asia than in the West. The incidence is about 20% compared to 4% to 5% in the West...
- The effect of water in inorganic microsponges of calcium phosphates on the porosity and permeability of composites made with polymethylmethacrylateDario T Beruto
Dipartimento di Edilizia Urbanistica e Ingegneria dei Materiali, Universita di Genoa, Italy
Biomaterials 23:2509-17. 2002..Bone-substitute compounds were obtained by mixing pre-polymerised powders of polymethylmethacrylate and liquid methylmethacrylate monomer with two aqueous dispersions of alpha-tricalcium phosphate (alpha-TCP) grains and calcium-deficient ..
- Optic nerve and peripapillary choroidal microvasculature of the rat eyeK Sugiyama
Department of Ophthalmology, Gifu University School of Medicine, Gifu shi, Japan
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 40:3084-90. 1999..To investigate the three-dimensional microvascular anatomy of the optic nerve and peripapillary choroid in the rat eye...
- Distraction osteogenesis of the porcine mandible: histomorphometric evaluation of boneJulie Glowacki
Skeletal Biology Research Center, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard School of Dental Medicine, Boston, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 113:566-73. 2004..Specimens were fixed in 2% paraformaldehyde, pH 7.4, before being embedded in methylmethacrylate. Sections were prepared from the region just below the inferior alveolar canal...
- Evaluation of temperature rise and bonding strength in cements used for permanent head attachments in rats and miceMartijn J H Agterberg
Department of Neuroscience and Pharmacology, Rudolf Magnus Institute of Neuroscience, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Lab Anim 44:264-70. 2010..b>Methylmethacrylate cement is commonly used for this purpose...
- The effect of different adhesives on vinyl polysiloxane bond strength to two tray materialsA Peregrina
Section of Restorative and Prosthetic Dentistry, College of Dentistry, The Ohio State University, 305 West 12th Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Prosthet Dent 94:209-13. 2005..Universal adhesives for vinyl polysiloxane (VPS) are used in practice, but comparative bond strengths have not been reported...
- Influence of cataract surgery with implantation of different intraocular lenses on scanning laser tomography and polarimetryStephan Kremmer
University Eye Hospital, Essen, Germany
Am J Ophthalmol 136:1016-21. 2003....
- Evolution of bone mineral density after percutaneous kyphoplasty in fresh osteoporotic vertebral body fractures and adjacent vertebrae along with sagittal spine alignmentPanagiotis Korovessis
Orthopaedic Department of General Hospital Agios Andreas, Patras, Greece
J Spinal Disord Tech 21:293-8. 2008..Prospective controlled cohort study of 27 adult osteoporotic patients who underwent kyphoplasty for fresh osteoporotic spinal fractures...
- Inter- and intra-batch variability in the handling characteristics and viscosity of commonly used antibiotic-loaded bone cementsGraham F Dall
Department of Orthopaedics, New Royal Infirmary, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland
Acta Orthop 78:412-20. 2007..We performed an in vitro study to ascertain whether anecdotal observations of differences in handling between batches of the same brand of cement actually existed...
- Microvasculature of the hamster eye: scanning electron microscopy of vascular corrosion castsHiroyoshi Ninomiya
Department of Laboratory Animal Science, Azabu University, 1 17 71 Fuchinobe Sagamihara, 229 8501, Japan
Vet Ophthalmol 8:7-12. 2005..and anterior eye segment was investigated in 12 Syrian hamsters using scanning electron micrographs of methylmethacrylate corrosion casts...
- The effect of surface properties on the strength of attachment of fungal spores using AFM perpendicular force measurementsKathryn A Whitehead
Manchester Metropolitan University, Manchester, UK
Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces 82:483-9. 2011..of the spores was determined in combination with seven surfaces (nitric acid cleaned glass, cast poly(methylmethacrylate) sheet [c-PMMA], polytetrafluoroethylene [PTFE], silicon wafers spin coated with poly(3-..
- Comparison of sulcus implantation of single-piece hydrophilic foldable acrylic and polymethylmethacrylate intraocular lenses in eyes with posterior capsule tear during phacoemulsification surgeryM Taskapili
Vakif Gureba Hospital Eye Clinic, 34260 Fatih, Istanbul, Turkey
Eur J Ophthalmol 17:595-600. 2007To compare the results of sulcus implantation of acrylic and poly(methylmethacrylate) (PMMA) intraocular lens (IOL) in eyes with posterior capsule tear during phacoemulsification surgery.
- Biomaterial properties and biocompatibility in cell culture of a novel self-inflating hydrogel tissue expanderK G Wiese
Department of Maxillofacial Surgery, Robert Koch Str 40, D 37075 Goettingen, Niedersachsen, Deutschland
J Biomed Mater Res 54:179-88. 2001..The self-inflating material is a hydrogel consisting of a modified copolymer of methylmethacrylate and N-vinyl-2-pyrrolidone, which takes up water by osmosis...
- Micro-CT of corrosion casts for use in the computer-aided design of microvasculatureWilliam Lafayette Mondy
Department of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL 33620, USA
Tissue Eng Part C Methods 15:729-38. 2009..The Microfil vascular contrasting method was compared to the Baston's methylmethacrylate corrosion casting (BMCC) method to determine which provided the most accurate and high-resolution results ..
- Antibiotic-releasing porous polymethylmethacrylate constructs for osseous space maintenance and infection controlMeng Shi
Department of Bioengineering, Rice University, Houston, TX 77251 1892, USA
Biomaterials 31:4146-56. 2010..PLGA) microspheres were fabricated by mixing a clinically used bone cement formulation of PMMA powder and methylmethacrylate liquid with a carboxymethylcellulose (CMC) hydrogel (40 or 50 wt%) to impart porosity and PLGA microspheres (..
- Electromagnetic interference in the permeability of saquinavir across the blood-brain barrier using nanoparticulate carriersYung Chih Kuo
Department of Chemical Engineering, National Chung Cheng University, Chia Yi, Taiwan 62102, Republic of China
Int J Pharm 351:271-81. 2008..Polybutylcyanoacrylate (PBCA), methylmethacrylate-sulfopropylmethacrylate (MMA-SPM), and solid lipid nanoparticle (SLN) were employed as carriers for the ..
- [Mechanical strength of antibiotic-impregnated bone cement on Day 0 and Day 15: a biomechanical study with Surgical Simplex P and teicoplanin]Abdullah Gogus
Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology Ortopedi ve Travmatoloji Anabilim Dali, Medicine Faculty of Kadir Has University, Istanbul, Turkey
Acta Orthop Traumatol Turc 36:63-71. 2002..To determine the maximum amount of a specific antibiotic added to 40 g acrylic bone cement in terms of the effect on mechanical properties of the bone cement on Day 0 and after antibiotic release on Day 15...
- Poly(methylmethacrylate) grafted chitosan: An efficient adsorbent for anionic azo dyesV Singh
Department of Chemistry, University of Allahabad, Allahabad 211002, India
J Hazard Mater 161:955-66. 2009Present study reports on peroxydisulfate/ascorbic acid initiated synthesis of Chitosan-graft-poly(methylmethacrylate) (Ch-g-PMMA) and its characterization by FTIR, XRD and (13)C NMR...
- Anti-Candida and mode of action of two newly synthesized polymers: a modified poly (methylmethacrylate-co-vinylbenzoylchloride) and a modified linear poly (chloroethylvinylether-co-vinylbenzoylchloride) with special reference to Candida albicans and CandiYehia A G Mahmoud
Botany Department, Mycology Research Laboratory, Faculty of Science, Tanta University, Tanta 31527, Egypt
Mycopathologia 157:145-53. 2004..Antimicrobial activity of two newly synthesized polymers: a modified poly (methylmethacrylate-co-vinylbenzoylchloride) and a modified linear poly (chloroethylvinylether-co-vinylbenzoylchloride) have ..
- In vitro evaluation of orthopedic composite cytotoxicity: assessing the potential for postsurgical production of hydroxyl radicalsMichael DiCicco
Department of Chemistry Analytical Chemistry, College of Science and Technology, Temple University, Beury Hall, Room 201, 13th and Norris Streets, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19122, USA
J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater 72:146-55. 2005..CORTOSS is thought not to induce cytotoxicity, whereas the propensity of Simplex P in promoting Fenton chemistry is a serious issue that must be addressed...
- Synthesis and characterization of homopolymers and copolymers containing closo-[B(12)H(12)](2-) boron cage derivativesTeshome B Yisgedu
The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Chemistry 15:2190-9. 2009..2, 3) were synthesized and these monomers were used to prepare homopolymers (4, 5, 6) and copolymers with methylmethacrylate (MMA) (7, 8), 2-hydroxyethylmethacrylate (HEMA) (11, 12, 13, 17), 2-hydroxyethylacrylate (HEA) (14, 15, 18), ..
- Inhibition of neointimal formation after stent placement with adenovirus-mediated gene transfer of I kappa B alpha in the hypercholesterolemic rabbit model: initial resultsManfred Cejna
Department of Radiology, Division of Angiography and Interventional Radiology, Vienna Medical School, Wahringer Gurtel 18 20, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Radiology 223:702-8. 2002....
- Development and evaluation of an improved cochlear implant electrode design for electric acoustic stimulationOliver Adunka
ENT Department, J W Goethe University Frankfurt am Main, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Laryngoscope 114:1237-41. 2004..Special emphasis was placed on the practicality for combined electric and acoustic stimulation of the auditory system...
- Electrophoretic microchip with dual-opposite injection for simultaneous measurements of anions and cationsJoseph Wang
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, NM 88003, USA
Electrophoresis 24:3728-34. 2003A novel dual-injection poly(methylmethacrylate) (PMMA) microchip electrophoretic system has been designed and fabricated for simultaneous measurements of anions and cations using a single channel and detection device...
- Power-law blinking in the fluorescence of single organic moleculesJacob P Hoogenboom
Applied Optics Group, Faculty of Science and Technology and Mesa Institute for Nanotechnology, University of Twente, P O Box 217, 7500AE Enschede, The Netherlands
Chemphyschem 8:823-33. 2007..We observe long-time scale blinking of individual multi-chromophoric complexes embedded in a poly(methylmethacrylate) matrix, as well as for the monomeric dye absorbed on a glass substrate at ambient conditions...
- Effects of genistein on vertebral trabecular bone microstructure, bone mineral density, microcracks, osteocyte density, and bone strength in ovariectomized ratsRuchun Dai
Institute of Metabolism and Endocrinology, Second Xiang Ya Hospital, Central South University, 139 Renmin Zhong Rd, Changsha, 410011 Hunan, China
J Bone Miner Metab 26:342-9. 2008..After fatigue damage testing, the L6 vertebral body was bulk-stained in 1% basic fuchsin and embedded in methylmethacrylate. The L4 vertebral body was embedded in methylmethacrylate for dynamic histomorphometry analysis without ..
- Injury biomechanics of the human cervical columnN Yoganandan
Department of Neurosurgery, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 15:1031-9. 1990..Six fresh human cadaveric head-neck complexes were prepared by fixing the distal end in methylmethacrylate. Tests were done with varying loading rates to include quasistatic and dynamic conditions...
- UVEAL VASCULATURE--OPTIC NERVE MICROCIRCULATIONGeorge Cioffi; Fiscal Year: 1999..Previously, the PI has detailed the microvascular anatomy (methylmethacrylate corrosion casting) of the anterior optic nerve of non-primate mammals, non-human primates and humans...
- UVEAL VASCULATURE: OPTIC NERVE MICROCIRCULATIONGeorge Cioffi; Fiscal Year: 2003..Previously, the PI has detailed the microvascular anatomy (methylmethacrylate corrosion casting) of the anterior optic nerve of non-primate mammals, non-human primates and humans...
- TISSUE ENGINEERING OF GROWING JOINTSJulie Glowacki; Fiscal Year: 2002..In vivo fate of engineered joints will be assessed in our model of murine joint transplantation and will be further verified in the pig. ..
- EFFECTS OF AGE ON SIGNALING IN HUMAN OSTEOBLASTOGENESISJulie Glowacki; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Prevention of Biofilm Related Infections Using a Novel, Broad Spectrum AntimicrobROY DRAKE BLOEBAUM; Fiscal Year: 2010..We hope this will give civilian and military patients a more sure way of avoiding infection in grossly contaminated wounds. ..
- Prevention of Biofilm Related Infections Using a Novel, Broad Spectrum AntimicrobRoy Bloebaum; Fiscal Year: 2009..We hope this will give civilian and military patients a more sure way of avoiding infection in grossly contaminated wounds. ..
- EFFECTS OF AGE ON SIGNALING IN HUMAN OSTEOBLASTOGENESISJulie Glowacki; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Effect of Aging & Vitamin D Status on OsteoblastogenesisJulie Glowacki; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..