- Folate-functionalized polymeric micelles for tumor targeted delivery of a potent multidrug-resistance modulator FG020326
BME Center, State Key Laboratory of Optoelectronic Materials and Technologies, School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510275, China
J Biomed Mater Res A 86:48-60. 2008
..The in vitro Rhodamine 123 efflux experiment using MDR KB(v200) cells revealed that when cells were pretreated with folate-attached and FG020326-loaded micelles, the P-glycoprotein (P-gp) drug efflux function was significantly inhibited...
- Photodegradable hydrogels for dynamic tuning of physical and chemical properties
April M Kloxin
Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, University of Colorado, 424 UCB ECCH 111, Boulder, CO 80309, USA
Science 324:59-63. 2009
- Formation of short chain length/medium chain length polyhydroxyalkanoate copolymers by fatty acid beta-oxidation inhibited Ralstonia eutropha
Phillip R Green
The Procter and Gamble Company, Cincinnati, Ohio 45253 8707, USA
Biomacromolecules 3:208-13. 2002
..These data indicated that 3HA(MCL)-CoA thioesters were diverted from the fatty acid beta-oxidation pathway towards PHA biosynthesis in recombinant R. eutropha...
- Over-expression of calpastatin inhibits calpain activation and attenuates myocardial dysfunction during endotoxaemia
Shanghai Institute of Cardiovascular Diseases, Zhongshan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Cardiovasc Res 83:72-9. 2009
..The present study was to investigate the roles of calpain/calpastatin system in cardiomyocyte caspase-3 activation, TNF-alpha expression, and myocardial dysfunction during LPS stimulation...
- Asymmetric bioreductions of beta-nitro acrylates as a route to chiral beta2-amino acids
Magdalena A Swiderska
Department of Chemistry, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32611, USA
Org Lett 8:6131-3. 2006
..The enzymatic reductions occur with 87-96% ee, with larger substrates providing greater stereoselectivities. This work extends enantioselective enzymatic alkene reductions to include acyclic systems with weakly coordinating substituents...
- Observational Study on Cognitive function And systolic blood pressure Reduction (OSCAR): preliminary analysis of 6-month data from > 10,000 patients and review of the literature
Almazov Research Institute of Cardiology, St Petersburg, Russia
Curr Med Res Opin 23:S13-8. 2007
..These data indicate an association with blood pressure reduction and improvement of cognitive function with eprosartan treatment...
- The interaction of heteroaryl-acrylates and alanines with phenylalanine ammonia-lyase from parsley
Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Karlsruhe, Richard Willstätter Allee, 76128 Karlsruhe, Germany
Chemistry 12:2739-44. 2006
..From the heteroaryl-2-acrylates, the L-enantiomers of the heteroaryl-2-alanines were prepared at high ammonia concentration...
- Immobilization of galactose ligands on acrylic acid graft-copolymerized poly(ethylene terephthalate) film and its application to hepatocyte culture
Department of Chemical Engineering, National University of Singapore, Kent Ridge, Singapore 119260, Republic of Singapore
Biomacromolecules 4:157-65. 2003
..The albumin and urea synthesis functions of these hepatocytes were comparable to or higher than those of the hepatocytes cultured on the collagen-modified PET substrates...
- Central inhibition of AT1receptors by eprosartan--in vitro autoradiography in the brain
Klinik und Poliklinik fur Innere Medizin II, University of Regensburg, Germany
Pharmacol Res 43:251-5. 2001
..The modulation of central regulatory mechanisms might contribute to AT1 receptor antagonists overall therapeutic efficacy in cardiovascular disease...
- Protein immobilization onto poly(acrylic acid) functional macroporous polyHIPE obtained by surface-initiated ARGET ATRP
School of Chemical Sciences, National Centre for Sensor Research, Dublin City University, Glasnevin, Dublin 9, Ireland
Biomacromolecules 13:3787-94. 2012
..The materials and methodologies presented here are simple and robust, thus, opening new possibilities for the bioconjugation of highly porous polyHIPE for bioseparation applications...
- Albumin release from biodegradable hydrogels composed of dextran and poly(ethylene glycol) macromer
I S Kim
College of Pharmacy, Chosun University, Kwangju, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 24:69-73. 2001
..FITC-albumin release from the GMD/DMP hydrogels was affected by molecular weight of dextran and the presence of dextranase in the release medium...
- Effects of telmisartan compared with eprosartan on blood pressure control, glucose metabolism and lipid profile in hypertensive, type 2 diabetic patients: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled 12-month study
Department of Internal Medicine and Therapeutics, University of Pavia, Italy
Hypertens Res 27:457-64. 2004
- Molecular dissection of bacterial acrylate catabolism--unexpected links with dimethylsulfoniopropionate catabolism and dimethyl sulfide production
Jonathan D Todd
School of Biological Sciences, University of East Anglia, Norwich Research Park, Norwich, NR4 7TJ, UK
Environ Microbiol 12:327-43. 2010
..This first description of genes involved in acrylate catabolism in any organism shows that the relationship between the catabolic pathways of acrylate and DMSP differs from that which had been suggested in other bacteria...
- QSAR models to predict mutagenicity of acrylates, methacrylates and alpha,beta-unsaturated carbonyl compounds
Enviromental Engineering and Toxicology Dpt, Catholic University of San Antonio, Guadalupe, Murcia, Spain
Dent Mater 26:397-415. 2010
- Rationale, design and methods of the OSCAR study: observational study on cognitive function and systolic blood pressure reduction in hypertensive patients
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine and University Hospital of Toulouse, Universite Paul Sabatier, Toulouse, France
Fundam Clin Pharmacol 21:199-205. 2007
..The OSCAR trial is the first international observational study focusing on MMSE in a wide international cohort of hypertensive patients. The results are expected in 2007...
- Atenolol and eprosartan: differential effects on central blood pressure and aortic pulse wave velocity
Clinical Pharmacology Unit, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, England
Am J Hypertens 19:214-9. 2006
..We hypothesized that that atenolol fails to reduce central BP as much as other agents. The aim of the present study was to compare the hemodynamic effects of atenolol and eprosartan in a double-blind, randomized, cross-over study...
- Comparative analysis of skin sensitization potency of acrylates (methyl acrylate, ethyl acrylate, butyl acrylate, and ethylhexyl acrylate) using the local lymph node assay
Rebecca J Dearman
Immunology, Syngenta Central Toxicology Laboratory, Alderley Park, Macclesfield, Cheshire, SK1 4TJ, UK
Contact Dermatitis 57:242-7. 2007
There are currently available no systematic experimental data on the skin sensitizing properties of acrylates that are of relevance in occupational settings...
- Structure-activity relationships for hepatocyte toxicity and electrophilic reactivity of alpha,beta-unsaturated esters, acrylates and methacrylates
University of Toronto, Faculty of Pharmacy, Toronto, ON, Canada
J Appl Toxicol 28:1004-15. 2008
..To determine if reactivity correlates with rat hepatotoxicity, alpha,beta-unsaturated esters, consisting of acrylates and methacrylates, that are inherently electrophilic and exhibit widely varying degrees of reactivity were ..
- Eprosartan: a review of its use in the management of hypertension
G L Plosker
Adis International Limited, Auckland, New Zealand
Drugs 60:177-201. 2000
..Unlike ACE inhibitors such as enalapril, eprosartan does not have a high propensity to cause persistent nonproductive cough. Thus, eprosartan represents a useful therapeutic option in the management of patients with hypertension...
- Inhibition of histidine ammonia lyase by heteroaryl-alanines and acrylates
Institute of Organic Chemistry, University of Karlsruhe, , D 76128 Karlsruhe
Chem Biodivers 3:502-8. 2006
..Tryptophan and 1-methyltryptophan, as well as the corresponding acrylates (=prop-2-enoates), are strong mixed inhibitors of HAL...
- Effect of angiotensin II antagonist eprosartan on hyperglycemia-induced activation of intrarenal renin-angiotensin system in healthy humans
S Y Osei
Departments of Medicine and Radiology, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Hypertension 36:122-6. 2000
..The enhancement of the renal vasodilator effect of eprosartan during hyperglycemia is consistent with activation of the intrarenal renin-angiotensin system...
- Effects of hypertension therapy based on eprosartan on systolic arterial blood pressure and cognitive function: primary results of the Observational Study on Cognitive function And Systolic Blood Pressure Reduction open-label study
University Paris Descartes, Department of Geriatrics, Broca Hospital, Paris, France
J Hypertens 26:1642-50. 2008
..Recent studies have indicated a relationship between hypertension and cognitive function but therapeutic trials of antihypertensive therapy on the prevention of cognitive disorders have produced controversial findings...
- Cross-reactions of multifunctional methacrylates and acrylates
Section of Dermatology, Finnish Institute of Occupational Health, Helsinki
Acta Odontol Scand 59:320-9. 2001
Dental acrylic monomers (that is, acrylates and methacrylates) are important occupational sensitizers. Acrylic monomers may also cause allergic reactions in dental care...
- Effects of eprosartan versus hydrochlorothiazide on markers of vascular oxidation and inflammation and blood pressure (renin-angiotensin system antagonists, oxidation, and inflammation)
Syed T Rahman
Emory University School of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Atlanta, Georgia 30303, USA
Am J Cardiol 89:686-90. 2002
- Evaluation of the 24-hour blood pressure effects of eprosartan in patients with systemic hypertension
W B White
Section of Hypertension and Clinical Pharmacology, University of Connecticut School of Medicine, Farmington, USA
Am J Hypertens 14:1248-55. 2001
..Although the drug has a relatively short plasma half-life of 5 to 9 h, clinical studies have suggested that its antihypertensive effect persists for 24 h...
- [Property of liposomal fusion induced by acid-sensitive polymer]
Ru tao Wang
Faculty of Life Sciences, Northwestern Polytechnical University, Xi an 710072, China
Yao Xue Xue Bao 43:951-5. 2008
- Safety and tolerability of eprosartan in combination with hydrochlorothiazide
Medical University and Poliklinik, Homburg, Germany
Drug Saf 25:599-611. 2002
..Therefore, the combination of eprosartan with hydrochlorothiazide can be effectively and safely used in patients not adequately responding to eprosartan monotherapy...
- Neurocognitive sequelae of exposure to organic solvents and (meth)acrylates among nail-studio technicians
Gina L LoSasso
Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan 48202, USA
Neuropsychiatry Neuropsychol Behav Neurol 15:44-55. 2002
..To evaluate neuropsychologic performance among women occupationally exposed to products commonly used in nail studios...
- Designing temperature-responsive biocompatible copolymers and hydrogels based on 2-hydroxyethyl(meth)acrylates
Olga V Khutoryanskaya
Reading School of Pharmacy, University of Reading, Whiteknights, P O Box 224, RG6 6AD, Reading, United Kingdom
Biomacromolecules 9:3353-61. 2008
..The assessment of the biocompatibility of the copolymers using the slug mucosal irritation test revealed that they are also less irritant than poly(acrylic acid)...
- Once-daily eprosartan mesylate in the treatment of elderly patients with isolated systolic hypertension: data from a 13-week double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel, multicenter study
H A Punzi
Trinity Hypertension Research Institute, Punzi Medical Center, Carrollton, TX 75006, USA
J Hum Hypertens 18:655-61. 2004
..6 to 70.7 mmHg with eprosartan monotherapy. Treatment with eprosartan in once-daily doses up to 1200 mg alone or in combination with HCTZ was well tolerated, with dizziness and asthenia being the most common side effects...
- Haemodynamic effects of eprosartan and valsartan in hypertensive patients during isometric and mental stress
Division of Cardiovascular Rehabilitation, University of Verona, Valeggio sul Mincio, Italy
J Hypertens 23:1923-7. 2005
..To assess the effects of eprosartan and valsartan on the haemodynamics of forearm circulation in hypertensives undergoing isometric and mental stress...
- Moxonidine normalizes sympathetic hyperactivity in patients with eprosartan-treated chronic renal failure
Department of Nephrology, University Medical Center, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Am Soc Nephrol 15:2902-7. 2004
..Sympathetic hyperactivity is associated with poor cardiovascular outcomes, implying that reduction might be beneficial to the patients. The addition of moxonidine to angiotensin II antagonist treatment might be appropriate...
- Alkylated derivatives of poly(ethylacrylic acid) can be inserted into preformed liposomes and trigger pH-dependent intracellular delivery of liposomal contents
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, V6T 1Z3, Canada
Mol Membr Biol 21:385-93. 2004
..It is concluded that C10-PEAA-LUV represents a promising intracellular delivery system for in vitro and in vivo applications...
- Eprosartan: a review of its use in the management of hypertension
Gayle W Robins
Adis International Limited, Auckland, New Zealand
Drugs 65:2355-77. 2005
..Accordingly, eprosartan represents a useful therapeutic option in the management of patients with hypertension, including those who have had a stroke and those with co-morbid type 2 diabetes mellitus...
- Effect of eprosartan on cytoplasmic free calcium mobilization, platelet activation, and microparticle formation in hypertension
Hypertension Unit, Valencia University Clinic Hospital, Valencia, Spain
Am J Hypertens 17:757-63. 2004
..This study evaluated whether eprosartan can protect against undesirable platelet activation...
- Prevention of allergy to acrylates and latex in dental personnel
Carl Göran Ohlson
Department of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Orebro University Hospital, Orebro, Sweden
Swed Dent J 26:141-7. 2002
..No new case of allergy to acrylates or latex rubber was found in the follow-up period as against 4.91 expected (p = 0.007)...
- Effects of angiotensin II receptor antagonism on the renal hemodynamic response to cardiovascular stress
Medical Clinic IV, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
Kidney Int 63:617-23. 2003
- Does the MOSES study provide sufficient evidence for Eprosartan against Nitrendipine?
Stroke 37:1357; author reply 1358. 2006
- Ambulatory monitoring of systolic hypertension in the elderly: Eprosartan/hydrochlorothiazide compared with losartan/hydrochlorothiazide (INSIST trial)
Department of Internal Medicine 1, University of Bologna, Sant Orsola Hospital, Bologna, Italy
Adv Ther 27:365-80. 2010
..5 mg in comparison with losartan 50 mg in combination with HCTZ 12.5 mg, in reducing blood pressure in elderly patients with grade 2 systolic hypertension who did not optimally respond to eprosartan or losartan monotherapy...
- The efficacy and tolerance of one or two daily doses of eprosartan in essential hypertension. The Eprosartan Multinational Study Group
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
J Hypertens 17:129-36. 1999
- Enantioselective [3 + 2] cycloaddition of allenes to acrylates catalyzed by dipeptide-derived phosphines: facile creation of functionalized cyclopentenes containing quaternary stereogenic centers
Department of Chemistry and Medicinal Chemistry Program, Life Sciences Institute, National University of Singapore, 3 Science Drive 3, Republic of Singapore 117543
J Am Chem Soc 133:1726-9. 2011
..D-Thr-L-tert-Leu-derived catalyst 4c promoted [3 + 2] cycloaddition of allenoates to α-substituted acrylates in a regiospecific and stereoselective manner, furnishing functionalized cyclopentenes with quaternary ..
- Effectiveness and safety of eprosartan on pulse pressure for the treatment of hypertensive patients
N R Robles
Service of Nephrology, Hospital Infanta Cristina, Badajoz, Medical Department Juste S A Q F, Madrid, Spain
Int J Clin Pract 59:478-84. 2005
..Eprosartan was a well-tolerated and an effective drug in reducing PP, SBP and DBP below the recommended levels in patients with mild-to-moderate essential hypertension, allowing a high therapeutic compliance...
- Pre- and postsynaptic inhibitory potencies of the angiotensin AT1 receptor antagonists eprosartan and candesartan
Department of Pharmacotherapy, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Meibergdreef 15, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Pharmacol 469:117-24. 2003
..The results may be explained by differences between the pre- and postjunctional angiotensin AT(1) receptor subtype...
- DddY, a periplasmic dimethylsulfoniopropionate lyase found in taxonomically diverse species of Proteobacteria
Andrew R J Curson
School of Biological Sciences, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK
ISME J 5:1191-200. 2011
..Although production of DMS and transcription of Alcaligenes dddY are both apparently inducible by pre-growth of cells with DMSP, this substrate must be catabolised to form acrylate, the bona fide coinducer...
- Antihypertensive effects and safety of eprosartan: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials
Feng Ying Xu
Company of Anesthesiology, Second Military Medical University, 800 Xiangyin Road, Shanghai 200433, People s Republic of China
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 68:195-205. 2012
..We aimed to estimate the efficacy and the tolerability of eprosartan compared with other agents as monotherapy...
- Kinetic glutathione chemoassay to quantify thiol reactivity of organic electrophiles--application to alpha,beta-unsaturated ketones, acrylates, and propiolates
UFZ Department of Ecological Chemistry, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research, Leipzig, Germany
Chem Res Toxicol 22:742-50. 2009
..For 15 alpha,beta-unsaturated ketones, nine acrylates, and two propiolates acting as Michael acceptors, the measured k(GSH) values span ca. 5 orders of magnitude...
- Fabrication of uniform DNA-conjugated hydrogel microparticles via replica molding for facile nucleic acid hybridization assays
Christina L Lewis
Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Tufts University, Medford, Massachusetts 02155, USA
Anal Chem 82:5851-8. 2010
..We envision that the results presented here may be readily applied to rapid and high-throughput hybridization assays for a wide variety of applications in bioprocess monitoring, food safety, and biological threat detection...
- Issues in hypertension: drug tolerability and special populations
H P Gavras
Boston University School of Medicine and Boston Medical Center, Hypertension and Atherosclerosis Section, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Am J Hypertens 14:231S-236S. 2001
..Although it remains to be seen whether the ARB can significantly reduce morbidity and mortality from cardiovascular disease, preliminary data from the Evaluation of Losartan in the Elderly (ELITE) trial appear to be promising...
- Differential inhibition of the prejunctional actions of angiotensin II in rat atria by valsartan, irbesartan, eprosartan, and losartan
S S Shetty
Novartis Institute for Biomedical Research, Metabolic and Cardiovascular Diseases, Summit, New Jersey 07901 1027, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 294:179-86. 2000
..Whether the high potency of valsartan translates into a significant clinical advantage relative to the other agents tested remains to be ascertained...
- Effect of eprosartan on pulse pressure and blood pressure components in patients with isolated systolic hypertension
Alejandro de la Sierra
Hypertension Unit, Internal Medicine Department, Hospital Clinic Barcelona, Spain
Blood Press Suppl 2:5-10. 2004
..In these patients, isolated systolic hypertension (ISH) is an important risk factor for cardiovascular morbidity and mortality...
- [Stress-associated hypertension in the work place: results of the STARLET project]
Medizinische Klinik, St Josefs Hospital, Cloppenburg
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 131:2580-5. 2006
..To assess the influence of work stress and initial blood pressure on the prognosis of hypertension...
- Morbidity and Mortality After Stroke, Eprosartan Compared with Nitrendipine for Secondary Prevention: principal results of a prospective randomized controlled study (MOSES)
Department of Internal Medicine, St Josefs Hospital, Cloppenburg, Germany
Stroke 36:1218-26. 2005
..In hypertensive stroke patients, for the same level of blood pressure control, eprosartan will be more effective than nitrendipine in reducing cerebrovascular and cardiovascular morbidity and mortality...
- Eprosartan effect on fibrinolytic/hemostatic variables in arterial hypertension: a comparative study to losartan
T K Makris
Department of Cardiology, Laiko Hospital of Athens, Athens, Greece
Drugs Exp Clin Res 30:125-32. 2004
- Polymeric nanogels produced via inverse microemulsion polymerization as potential gene and antisense delivery agents
Department of Chemistry, Campus Box 3290, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
J Am Chem Soc 124:15198-207. 2002
..The nanogels synthesized in this study demonstrate potential utility as carriers of oligonucleotides and DNA for antisense and gene delivery...
- A double blind randomized trial to compare the effects of eprosartan and enalapril on blood pressure, platelets, and endothelium function in patients with essential hypertension
Hsin Bang Leu
Division of Cardiology, Taipei Veterans General Hospital and National Yang Ming University, Taiwan, ROC
Jpn Heart J 45:623-35. 2004
..The benefits of both agents cannot be explained solely by their antihypertensive effects and possibly may be mediated through their unique effect on angiotensin blockade...
- Eprosartan improves cardiac performance, reduces cardiac hypertrophy and mortality and downregulates myocardial monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 and inflammation in hypertensive heart disease
Thomas M Behr
Medizinische Poliklinik, Department of Cardiology, University of Wuerzburg, Germany
J Hypertens 22:583-92. 2004
..The purpose of this investigation was to determine whether angiotensin II receptor (AII1R) antagonism interferes with cardiac monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1) expression in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and failure...
- Inhibition of facilitation of sympathetic neurotransmission and angiotensin II-induced pressor effects in the pithed rat: comparison between valsartan, candesartan, eprosartan and embusartan
J C Balt
Department of Pharmacotherapy, Academic Medical Centre, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Hypertens 19:2241-50. 2001
..In the pithed rat model, endogenously generated angiotensin (Ang) II can enhance sympathetic neurotransmission by acting on Ang II type 1 (AT1) receptors that are located on sympathetic nerve terminals...
- Practical Rh(I)-catalyzed asymmetric hydrogenation of beta-(acylamino)acrylates using a new unsymmetrical hybrid ferrocenylphosphine-phosphoramidite ligand: crucial influence of an N-H proton in the ligand
Xiang Ping Hu
Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 457 Zhongshan Road, Dalian 116023, China
Org Lett 7:419-22. 2005
..were achieved in the Rh(I)-catalyzed asymmetric hydrogenation of both beta-aryl- and beta-alkyl-beta-(acylamino)acrylates with a new unsymmetrical hybrid ferrocenylphosphine-phosphoramidite ligand, and the presence of an N-H proton in ..
- Differential effects of eprosartan and losartan at prejunctional angiotensin II receptors
Institute of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Faculty of Medicine, Alameda Hernani Monteiro, Porto, Portugal
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 363:509-14. 2001
..It is proposed that the prejunctional receptors of these tissues are atypical AT1 or "AT1B-like" receptors...
- In situ-gelling, erodible N-isopropylacrylamide copolymers
Bae Hoon Lee
The Harrington Department of Bioengineering, Arizona State University, ECG 334, Tempe, AZ 85287 9709, USA
Macromol Biosci 5:629-35. 2005
..The gels redissolve at 37 degrees C as their LCSTs increase above 37 degrees C due to the hydrolysis of the HEMA-lactate pendant groups...
- Synthetic MMP-13 degradable ECMs based on poly(N-isopropylacrylamide-co-acrylic acid) semi-interpenetrating polymer networks. I. Degradation and cell migration
Departments of Bioengineering and Materials Science and Engineering, University of California at Berkeley, 370 HMMB 1760, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
J Biomed Mater Res A 75:73-88. 2005
..The sIPNs synthesized are versatile materials for assessing cell fate in synthetic ECM constructs in vitro and tissue regeneration in vivo...
- Characterization of pH- and temperature-sensitive hydrogel nanoparticles for controlled drug release
Department of Biomedical Engineering, School of Life Science and Technology, China Pharmaceutical University, Shennong Road, Nanjing 210009, PR China
PDA J Pharm Sci Technol 61:303-13. 2007
..In vitro release of 5-Fu from PNIPA-co-AA nanoparticle hydrogels was shown to be pH- and temperature-dependent, which demonstrated that the PNIPA-co-AA nanoparticles have great potential in the design of controlled drug delivery systems...
- Large area UV casting using diverse polyacrylates of microchannels separated by high aspect ratio microwalls
W X Zhou
The Biological and Chemical Process Engineering Laboratory, The School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, 50 Nanyang Avenue, Singapore 639798, Singapore
Lab Chip 5:512-8. 2005
..The viscosity and wetting capability of the formulations were found to affect replication fidelity...
- Synthesis and characterization of cyclic acetal based degradable hydrogels
Department of Applied Chemistry, Keio University, Yokohama, Japan
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 68:67-73. 2008
..These results demonstrate the ability to fabricate hydrogels using EHD and PEGDA system as well as to control the properties of the resulting hydrophilic networks...
- Design and performance of EUV resist containing photoacid generator for sub-100 nm lithography
Polymer Chemistry Nanotechnology Laboratory, Cameron Applied Research Center and Department of Chemistry, University of North Carolina, Charlotte, North Carolina 28223, USA
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 5:1181-3. 2005
..The newly synthesized polymer bound PAG resist, poly (4-hydroxystyrene-co-2-ethyl-2-adamantyl methacrylate-co-PAG) showed sub-50 nm features using EUV Lithography...
- Uniformly sized molecularly imprinted polymers for d-chlorpheniramine: influence of a porogen on their morphology and enantioselectivity
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Mukogawa Women s University, 11 68, Koshien Kyuban cho, Nishinomiya, Hyogo 663 8179, Japan
J Pharm Biomed Anal 46:877-81. 2008
..This result suggests the presence of enantioselective binding sites in the swollen state for all the MIPs...
- Tuning compliance of nanoscale polyelectrolyte multilayers to modulate cell adhesion
Michael T Thompson
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, 02139, USA
Biomaterials 26:6836-45. 2005
- Cell viability of chitosan-containing semi-interpenetrated hydrogels based on PCL-PEG-PCL diacrylate macromer
Ai Ping Zhu
Biological and Chemical Processing Laboratory, School of Mechanical and Production Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, 50 Nanyang Avenue, Singapore 639798, Republic of Singapore
J Biomater Sci Polym Ed 16:301-16. 2005
..Increased chitosan content resulted in increased cell interaction and also decreased water swelling, both of which results in increased cell attachment and spread...
- Macroporous interconnected dextran scaffolds of controlled porosity for tissue-engineering applications
Stéphane G Lévesque
Department of Chemical Engineering and Applied Chemistry, Toronto, Ont, Canada M5S 3E5
Biomaterials 26:7436-46. 2005
- Loading and release of charged dyes using ultrathin hydrogels
Research Center for Advanced Science and Technology, The University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Komaba, Meguro ku, Tokyo 153 8904, Japan
Langmuir 21:7739-42. 2005
..The release of AR was controlled by the NaCl concentration and pH. We conclude that the polymeric matrices of ultrathin hydrogels have great potential for the loading and release of charged drugs...
- Future design of a new keratoprosthesis. Physical and biological analysis of polymeric substrates for epithelial cell growth
Alberto J Campillo-Fernandez
Center for Biomaterials, Universidad Politecnica de Valencia, Camino de Vera s n, 46022 Valencia, Spain
Biomacromolecules 8:2429-36. 2007
..The fact that the ionic groups are configured in domains structured in nanophases as happens in this copolymer improves cell adhesion even further...
- Synthesis and characterization of in situ chitosan-based hydrogel via grafting of carboxyethyl acrylate
Mi Sook Kim
Department of Chemical Engineering, Seoul National University of Technology, Gongnung dong 172, Nowon Gu, Seoul 139 743, Republic of Korea
J Biomed Mater Res A 83:674-82. 2007
..Biological activities of the hydrogels were evaluated by observing smooth muscle cell behaviors such as cell adhesion and viability as well as by measuring the number of adhered cells on their surfaces...
- [Synthesis and compression strength of hydrogels]
Orvos es Egészségtudományi Centrum Fogorvostudományi Kar, Fogpótlastani Tanszék
Fogorv Sz 100:27-31. 2007
..It could be an important parameter in the further applications of the gels as a local delivery system in the parodontology...
- Core-corona polymer composite particles by self-assembled heterocoagulation based on a hydrogen-bonding interaction
Key Laboratory of Functional Polymer Materials, Ministry of Education, Institute of Polymer Chemistry, Nankai University, Tianjin 300071, China
Langmuir 22:8127-33. 2006
..The nature of the interaction between the core and corona polymer particles was identified as hydrogen bonding with FT-IR spectroscopy...
- Structure and properties of methacrylate-endcapped caprolactone networks with modulated water uptake for biomedical applications
J L Escobar Ivirico
Center for Biomaterials, Universidad Politecnica de Valencia, 46022 Valencia, Spain
J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater 83:266-75. 2007
..The new copolymers are appropriate for the fabrication of scaffolds with controlled porosity for tissue engineering...
- Surface behavior and molecular recognition in DNA microarrays from N,N-dimethylacrylamide terpolymers with activated esters as linking groups
Dipartimento di Chimica, Materiali e Ingegneria Chimica Giulio Natta, Politecnico di Milano, Piazza Leonardo da Vinci 32, 20133 Milan, Italy
Macromol Biosci 6:719-29. 2006
..Finally, an accelerated ageing test of the microarray in a humidity chamber showed a nice relationship between decay curves of contact angle against water and fluorescence intensity...
- Controlling network structure in degradable thiol-acrylate biomaterials to tune mass loss behavior
Amber E Rydholm
Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado 80309 0424, USA
Biomacromolecules 7:2827-36. 2006
..Similarly, decreasing the thiol functionality from 4 to 1 shifted the reverse gelation time from 18 to 8 days and the mass loss extent at reverse gelation from 70 to 45%...
- Fabrication of non-biofouling polyethylene glycol micro- and nanochannels by ultraviolet-assisted irreversible sealing
School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering and Institute of Advanced Machinery and Design, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 742, Korea
Lab Chip 6:1432-7. 2006
..Furthermore, we demonstrate simple analytical assays using PEG microchannels combined with patterned arrays of supported lipid bilayers (SLBs) to detect ligand (biotin)-receptor (streptavidin) interactions...
- Shape-memory polymer networks from oligo[(epsilon-hydroxycaproate)-co-glycolate]dimethacrylates and butyl acrylate with adjustable hydrolytic degradation rate
GKSS Research Center, Center for Biomaterial Development, Institute of Polymer Research, 14513 Teltow, Germany
Biomacromolecules 8:1018-27. 2007
- New semi-interpenetrating network hydrogels: synthesis, characterization and properties
San ping Zhao
School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering and Key Laboratory for Polymeric Composite and Functional Materials of Ministry of Education, Sun Yat Sen Zhongshan University, Guangzhou 510275, China
Macromol Biosci 6:445-51. 2006
..Such hydrogel materials may have more advantages as a potentially interesting platform for the design of medical devices.The elastic modulus (G') and viscous modulus (G'') as a function of frequency for various hydrogel samples...
- Computational predictions and experimental affinity distributions for a homovanillic acid molecularly imprinted polymer
Departamento de Quimica Fisica y Analitica, Universidad de Oviedo, Julian Claveria, 8 33006 Oviedo, Spain
Biosens Bioelectron 22:364-71. 2006
..An apparent number of sites of 13 micromol g(-1) with an average affinity constant of 2 x 10(4) M(-1) was obtained in the concentration window studied...
- Micro- and nanopatterned star poly(ethylene glycol) (PEG) materials prepared by UV-based imprint lithography
Marga C Lensen
DWI e V and Institute of Technical and Macromolecular Chemistry, RWTH Aachen, Pauwelsstrasse 8, D 52056 Aachen, Germany
Langmuir 23:7841-6. 2007
..The UV-based imprinting into the star PEG prepolymer by means of a perfluorinated, soft mold can be carried out on the bench top, while nanoscale resolution is demonstrated...
- Film formation from colloidal dispersions stabilized by sugar derivatives and their controllable release for selective protein adsorption
Woo Sung Bae
School of Polymers and High Performance Materials, The University of Southern Mississippi, Hattiesburg, Mississippi 39406, USA
Biomacromolecules 6:2615-21. 2005
- A novel amphiphilic acrylic copolymer based on Triton X-100 for a poly(alkenoate) glass-ionomer cement
Instituto de Ciencia y Tecnologia de Polimeros, Juan de la Cierva 3, 28006 Madrid, Spain
Dent Mater 22:506-14. 2006
- Gel strength and solution viscosity of temperature-sensitive, in-situ-gelling polymers for endovascular embolization
Harrington Department of Bioengineering, ECG 334, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ 85287 9709, USA
J Biomater Sci Polym Ed 16:1153-66. 2005
..This work demonstrates that the mechanical properties of poly(N-isopropylacrylamide-co-acrylic acid) can be increased while minimizing the increase in solution viscosity...
- Micro orientation and anisotropy of conductivity in liquid crystalline polymer films filled with carbon nanotubes
V N Bliznyuk
Materials Science and Engineering Department, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, MI 49008, USA
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 5:1651-5. 2005
- Hydroxamic acid-containing hydrogels for nonabsorbed iron chelation therapy: synthesis, characterization, and biological evaluation
Steven C Polomoscanik
Drug Discovery and Development, Genzyme Corporation, 153 Second Avenue, Waltham, Massachusetts 02451, USA
Biomacromolecules 6:2946-53. 2005
..The animals also maintained normal body weight during the treatment period, indicating the absence of any apparent toxicity associated with these polymers...
- pH-responsive amphiphilic hydrogel networks with IPN structure: a strategy for controlled drug release
Yu yang Liu
Department of Applied Chemistry, School of Science, Northwestern Polytechnic University, Xi an 710072, PR China
Int J Pharm 308:205-9. 2006
..This may be a result of hydrophobic aggregation encapsulating MEL molecules...
- Polyelectrolyte multilayer film coating and stability at the surfaces of oral prosthesis base polymers: an in vitro and in vivo study
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unite 595, 11, rue Humann, 67085 Strasbourg Cedex, France
J Dent Res 85:44-8. 2006
..We also showed that saliva does not degrade the film after 7 days in vitro and after 4 days in vivo. Taken together, our results establish that the layer-by-layer technique is suitable for the coating of oral devices...
- Synthesis and characterization of membranes obtained by graft copolymerization of 2-hydroxyethyl methacrylate and acrylic acid onto chitosan
K S C R dos Santos
Faculdade de Ciencias Farmaceuticas, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Av Prof Lineu Prestes, 580, Bloco 13, 05508 900 Sao Paulo, Brazil
Int J Pharm 310:37-45. 2006
- Control of bio-MEMS surface chemical properties in micro fluidic devices for biological applications
Biological Research Center of Industrial Accelerators, Dongshin University, Naju, South Korea
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 6:3494-8. 2006
- UV-induced graft copolymerization of monoacrylate-poly(ethylene glycol) onto poly(3-hydroxyoctanoate) to reduce protein adsorption and platelet adhesion
Hyung Woo Kim
Department of Microbiology, Chungnam National University, Daejeon 305 764, Republic of Korea
Int J Biol Macromol 35:47-53. 2005
..The results obtained in this study suggest that PEGMA-g-PHO copolymers have the potential to be used as blood-contacting devices in a broad range of biomedical applications...
- Effects of filler composition on flexibility of microfilled resin composite
Department of Prosthodontics and Biomaterials, School of Dentistry, University of Alabama at Birmingham
J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater 74:547-52. 2005
..0 +/- 1.8 kJ/m(2)) or 64:36 (7.1 +/- 2.4 kJ/m(2)). Based upon the results, it was concluded that the mechanical properties of microfilled composites were improved by the modification of prepolymerized filler composition...
- Protein adsorption to poly(ether urethane ureas) modified with acrylate and methacrylate polymer and copolymer additives
M R Brunstedt
Department of Macromolecular Science, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106
J Biomed Mater Res 27:367-77. 1993
- In situ polymerizable polyethyleneglycol containing polyesterpolyol acrylates for tissue sealant applications
Venkata M Nivasu
Organic Coatings and Polymers, Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, Taranaka Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh 500 007, India
Biomaterials 25:3283-91. 2004
..Addition of vinyl pyrrolidinone as a reactive diluent has increased the mechanical as well as burst strength of the polymer. In vitro release of sulfamethoxazole entrapped in these cross-linked matrices was also studied...
- Impregnation of an intraocular lens for ophthalmic drug delivery
Ana Rita C Duarte
Nutraceuticals and Delivery Laboratory, ITQB IBET, Oeiras, Portugal
Curr Drug Deliv 5:102-7. 2008
- Synthesis and characterization of injectable, thermally and chemically gelable, amphiphilic poly(N-isopropylacrylamide)-based macromers
Michael C Hacker
Department of Bioengineering, Rice University, MS 142, Post Office Box 1892, Houston, Texas 77251 1892, USA
Biomacromolecules 9:1558-70. 2008
- A new pH-responsive and glutathione-reactive, endosomal membrane-disruptive polymeric carrier for intracellular delivery of biomolecular drugs
Department of Bioengineering, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Control Release 93:105-20. 2003
..Uptake of the radiolabeled polymer and enhanced cytoplasmic delivery of FITC-ODN was also studied in THP-1 macrophage-like cells...
- Nanophase separation and hindered glass transition in side-chain polymers
Fachbereich Physik, Universitat Halle, Hoher Weg 8, D 06099 Halle, Germany
Nat Mater 2:595-9. 2003
..We conclude from X-ray scattering and relaxation spectroscopy data for higher poly(n-alkyl acrylates) (PnAA) and poly(n-alkyl methacrylates) (PnAMA) that alkyl groups of different monomeric units aggregate in the ..
- Recent advances in biocompatible surface-modifying additives for cardiopulmonary bypass
Cardiothoracic Surgery, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York, USA
Perfusion 18:41-5. 2003
- Mixed-mode reversed-phase and ion-exchange monolithic columns for micro-HPLC
Pharmaceutical Sciences Research Division, King s College London, London, UK
J Sep Sci 31:2774-83. 2008
..The mobile phase pH also showed clear influence on the retention time of basic compounds. This could be explained by ion-exchange interaction between positively charged analytes and the negatively charged sulphate group...