Genomes and Genes
Summary: Organic compounds containing the carboxy group (-COOH). This group of compounds includes amino acids and fatty acids. Carboxylic acids can be saturated, unsaturated, or aromatic.
Publications267 found, 100 shown here
- The Orphan G protein-coupled receptors GPR41 and GPR43 are activated by propionate and other short chain carboxylic acidsAndrew J Brown
Department of 7TMR Systems Research, GlaxoSmithKline, Gunnels Wood Road, Stevenage, Hertfordshire SG1 2NY, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 278:11312-9. 2003..The identity of the cognate physiological ligands for these receptors is not clear, although propionate is known to occur in vivo at high concentrations under certain pathophysiological conditions...
- Metabolic engineering of Saccharomyces cerevisiae for production of carboxylic acids: current status and challengesDerek A Abbott
Department of Biotechnology, Delft University of Technology, Delft, The Netherlands
FEMS Yeast Res 9:1123-36. 2009..In addition to recent progress in engineering S. cerevisiae for organic acid production, the key limitations and challenges are discussed in the context of sustainable industrial production of organic acids from renewable feedstocks...
- Simultaneous determination of soluble sugars and organic acids as their trimethylsilyl derivatives in apricot fruits by gas-liquid chromatographyF Bartolozzi
Departimento di Colture Arboree, , Italy
J Chromatogr A 758:99-107. 1997....
- Induction of apoptosis through B-cell receptor cross-linking occurs via de novo generated C16-ceramide and involves mitochondriaB J Kroesen
Departments of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University Hospital Groningen, 9713 G2 Groningen, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 276:13606-14. 2001....
- Method for rapid detection of the PvCesA3 gene allele conferring resistance to mandipropamid, a carboxylic acid amide fungicide, in Plasmopara viticola populationsYoshinao Aoki
The Institute of Enology and Viticulture, University of Yamanashi, Kofu, Yamanashi, Japan
Pest Manag Sci 67:1557-61. 2011..The occurrence of carboxylic acid amide (CAA)-fungicide-resistant Plasmopara viticola populations is becoming a serious problem in the control of grapevine downy mildew worldwide...
- 2-Substituted 4,5-dihydrothiazole-4-carboxylic acids are novel inhibitors of metallo-β-lactamasesPinhong Chen
Department of Pharmacology, Baylor College of Medicine, 1 Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77030, United States
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 22:6229-32. 2012..We report several 2-substituted 4,5-dihydrothiazole-4-carboxylic acids to be novel MBL inhibitors...
- A single point mutation in the novel PvCesA3 gene confers resistance to the carboxylic acid amide fungicide mandipropamid in Plasmopara viticolaMathias Blum
Institute of Botany, University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Fungal Genet Biol 47:499-510. 2010..Our data demonstrate that the identified genes are putative cellulose synthases and that one recessive mutation in PvCesA3 causes inheritable resistance to the CAA fungicide mandipropamid...
- 5-Phenyl substituted 1-methyl-2-pyridones and 4'-substituted biphenyl-4-carboxylic acids. synthesis and evaluation as inhibitors of steroid-5alpha-reductase type 1 and 2Franck Picard
8 5 Pharmaceutical and Medicinal Chemistry, Saarland University, PO Box 15 11 50, D 66041, Saarbrucken, Germany
Bioorg Med Chem 10:437-48. 2002The synthesis of a series of 5-phenyl substituted 1-methyl-2-pyridones (I) and 4'-substituted biphenyl-4-carboxylic acids (II) as novel A-C ring steroidomimetic inhibitors of 5alpha-reductase (5alphaR) is described...
- Presence and partitioning behavior of polyfluorinated iodine alkanes in environmental matrices around a fluorochemical manufacturing plant: another possible source for perfluorinated carboxylic acids?Ting Ruan
State Key Laboratory of Environmental Chemistry and Ecotoxicology, Research Center for Eco Environmental Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100085
Environ Sci Technol 44:5755-61. 2010....
- Breaking through the acid barrier: an orchestrated response to proton stress by enteric bacteriaJ P Audia
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of South Alabama College of Medicine, Mobile 36688, USA
Int J Med Microbiol 291:97-106. 2001..In addition, we will review three dedicated acid resistance systems of E. coli, not present in Salmonella, that allow this organism to survive extreme (pH 2) acid challenge...
- Response to zinc deficiency of two rice lines with contrasting tolerance is determined by root growth maintenance and organic acid exudation rates, and not by zinc-transporter activityBasuki Widodo
Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences JIRCAS, 1 1 Ohwashi, 305 8686 Tsukuba, Japan
New Phytol 186:400-14. 2010..Zinc-deficiency tolerance in RIL46 is most likely the result of maintenance of root growth, increased efflux of Zn ligands, and increased uptake of Zn-ligand complexes at low [Zn](ext); these traits are potential breeding targets...
- Mandipropamid targets the cellulose synthase-like PiCesA3 to inhibit cell wall biosynthesis in the oomycete plant pathogen, Phytophthora infestansMathias Blum
Syngenta Crop Protection AG, CH 4332 Stein, Switzerland
Mol Plant Pathol 11:227-43. 2010..The transformation and expression of a mutated PiCesA3 allele was carried out in a sensitive wild-type isolate to demonstrate that the mutations in PiCesA3 were responsible for the MPD insensitivity phenotype...
- Cytotoxic C47-polyacetylene carboxylic acids from a marine sponge Pertrosia spChikane Okamoto
Laboratory of Aquatic Natural Products Chemistry, Garaduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 8657, Japan
J Nat Prod 70:1816-9. 2007Two new polyacetylene carboxylic acids, petroformynic acids B (3) and C (4), were isolated from a marine sponge Pertrosia sp. as cytotoxic constituents...
- Analogues of neuropeptide Y containing beta-aminocyclopropane carboxylic acids are the shortest linear peptides that are selective for the Y1 receptorNorman Koglin
Institut fur Biochemie, Universitat Leipzig, Talstrasse 33, 04103 Leipzig, Germany
Angew Chem Int Ed Engl 42:202-5. 2003
- Copper complexes of nicotinic-aromatic carboxylic acids as superoxide dismutase mimeticsThummaruk Suksrichavalit
Department of Clinical Microbiology, Faculty of Medical Technology, Mahidol University, Bangkok 10700, Thailand
Molecules 13:3040-56. 2008..This study reports the synthesis of novel mixed ligand complexes of copper with nicotinic and other select carboxylic acids (phthalic, salicylic and anthranilic acids)...
- Sequential ethoxycarbonylation, methoximation and tert-butyldimethylsilylation for simultaneous determination of amino acids and carboxylic acids by dual-column gas chromatographyMan Jeong Paik
College of Pharmacy, Sungkyunkwan University, Suwon, Kyunggi Do 440 746, South Korea
J Chromatogr A 1034:13-23. 2004..on dual-columns with different polarities, which provided simultaneous separation of multiple amino acids, carboxylic acids (CAs) and keto acids, facilitating accurate peak confirmation based on matching with retention index sets ..
- Structure-activity relationship between carboxylic acids and T cell cycle blockadeKathleen M Gilbert
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences Arkansas Children s Hospital Research Institute, Little Rock, 72202, USA
Life Sci 78:2159-65. 2006This study was designed to examine the potential structure-activity relationship between carboxylic acids, histone acetylation and T cell cycle blockade...
- Prediction of pKa values for aliphatic carboxylic acids and alcohols with empirical atomic charge descriptorsJinhua Zhang
Computer Chemie Centrum and Institut für Organische Chemie, Universitat Erlangen Nurnberg, Nagelsbachstrasse 25, D 91052, Erlangen, Germany
J Chem Inf Model 46:2256-66. 2006Two quantitative pKa prediction models for aliphatic carboxylic acids and for alcohols were developed by multiple linear-regression (MLR) analysis with empirical atomic descriptors...
- Development of an HPLC-fluorescence determination method for carboxylic acids related to the tricarboxylic acid cycle as a metabolome toolKazuyuki Kubota
Laboratory of Bio Analytical Chemistry, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Tokyo, 7 3 1, Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Biomed Chromatogr 19:788-95. 2005We report the simultaneous determination of the carboxylic acids related to the tricarboxylic acid (TCA) cycle, which plays an important role in producing adenosine triphosphate (ATP) and generating energy in mitochondria...
- Lupane-triterpene carboxylic acids from the leaves of Acanthopanax trifoliatusPhan Van Kiem
Institute of Natural Products Chemistry, NCST, Caugiay, Hanoi, Vietnam
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 51:1432-5. 2003Two new lupane-triterpene carboxylic acids, called acantrifoic acid A (1) and acantrifoside C (2) have been isolated from the leaves of Acanthopanax trifoliatus...
- Simultaneous analysis of amino acids and carboxylic acids by capillary electrophoresis-mass spectrometry using an acidic electrolyte and uncoated fused-silica capillaryMasataka Wakayama
Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Anal Chem 82:9967-76. 2010..spectrometry (CE-MS) method is demonstrated for the simultaneous analysis of amino acids and small carboxylic acids (glycerate, lactate, fumarate, succinate, malate, tartrate, citrate, iso-citrate, cis-aconitate, and ..
- Induction of the mitochondrial permeability transition in vitro by short-chain carboxylic acidsC M Palmeira
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Minnesota School of Medicine, Duluth 55812, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 272:431-5. 2000..of the present investigation was to determine if induction of the MPT is a general response to short-chain carboxylic acids or if there are critical physical chemical parameters for this response...
- Fermentation of sugarcane bagasse and chicken manure to calcium carboxylates under thermophilic conditionsZhihong Fu
Department of Microbiology and Cell Science, Florida Center for Renewable Chemicals and Fuels, University of Florida, PO Box 110700, Gainesville, FL 32611 0700, USA
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 162:561-78. 2010Sugarcane bagasse and chicken manure were anaerobically fermented to carboxylic acids using a mixed culture of marine microorganisms at 55 degrees C...
- Direct amidation of carboxylic acids catalyzed by ortho-iodo arylboronic acids: catalyst optimization, scope, and preliminary mechanistic study supporting a peculiar halogen acceleration effectNicolas Gernigon
Department of Chemistry, University of Alberta, Gunning Lemieux Chemistry Centre, Edmonton, Alberta, T6G 2G2, Canada
J Org Chem 77:8386-400. 2012..and synthetic products motivates the development of catalytic, direct amidation methods employing free carboxylic acids and amines that circumvent the need for stoichiometric activation or coupling reagents...
- Malate exudation by six aerobic rice genotypes varying in zinc uptake efficiencyXiaopeng Gao
Key Laboratory of Plant Soil Interactions, MOE, Beijing, PR China
J Environ Qual 38:2315-21. 2009..The results also emphasize that effects of root exudates on soil properties need to be assessed to evaluate the role of root exudation in nutrient mobilization...
- The discovery of novel benzofuran-2-carboxylic acids as potent Pim-1 inhibitorsYibin Xiang
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Drug and Biomaterial R and D, Genzyme Corp, 153 Second Avenue, Waltham, MA 02451, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 21:3050-6. 2011Novel benzofuran-2-carboxylic acids, exemplified by 29, 38 and 39, have been discovered as potent Pim-1 inhibitors using fragment based screening followed by X-ray structure guided medicinal chemistry optimization...
- The antimutagenicity of 2-substituted selenazolidine-4-(R)-carboxylic acidsWael M El-Sayed
University of Utah, Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Mutat Res 627:136-45. 2007..Selenazolidine-4-(R)-carboxylic acids (SCAs) were devised as prodrugs of L-selenocysteine, to provide selenium in a form and at a concentration ..
- Conversion of sugarcane bagasse to carboxylic acids using a mixed culture of mesophilic microorganismsPiyarat Thanakoses
Department of Chemical Engineering, 3122 TAMU, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843 3122, USA
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 105:523-46. 2003Using the MixAlco process, biomass can be converted into carboxylic acids, which can be chemically converted into mixed alcohol fuels...
- 5-N,N-Disubstituted 5-aminopyrazole-3-carboxylic acids are highly potent agonists of GPR109bPhilip J Skinner
Medicinal Chemistry, Arena Pharmaceuticals, 6166 Nancy Ridge Drive, San Diego, CA, 92121, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 19:4207-9. 2009A series of 5-N,N-disubstituted-5-aminopyrazole-3-carboxylic acids were prepared and found to act as highly potent and selective agonists of the G-Protein Coupled Receptor (GPCR) GPR109b, a low affinity receptor for niacin and some ..
- Phosphodiesterase-4 inhibitors for asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseBrian J Lipworth
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Asthma and Allergy Research Group, University of Dundee, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, Dundee DD1 9SY, UK
Lancet 365:167-75. 2005..Ultimately, clinicians will want to know whether PDE4 inhibitors are anything more than expensive "designer" theophylline, the archetypal non-selective phosphodiesterase inhibitor...
- High capacity hydrogen adsorption in Cu(II) tetracarboxylate framework materials: the role of pore size, ligand functionalization, and exposed metal sitesXiang Lin
School of Chemistry, University of Nottingham, University Park, Nottingham NG7 2RD, UK
J Am Chem Soc 131:2159-71. 2009..However, although increasing the overlap of potential energy fields of pore walls increases the heat of H2 adsorption at low pressure, it may be detrimental to the overall adsorption capacity by reducing the pore volume...
- 1-Alkyl-benzotriazole-5-carboxylic acids are highly selective agonists of the human orphan G-protein-coupled receptor GPR109bGraeme Semple
J Med Chem 49:1227-30. 20061-Substituted benzotriazole carboxylic acids have been identified as the first reported examples of selective small-molecule agonists of the human orphan G-protein-coupled receptor GPR109b (HM74), a low-affinity receptor for the HDL-..
- Enaminones as building blocks in heterocyclic syntheses: reinvestigating the product structures of enaminones with malononitrile. A novel route to 6-substituted-3-oxo-2,3-dihydropyridazine-4-carboxylic acidsAbdul aziz Alnajjar
Applied Science Department, College of Technological Studies, Public Authority for Applied Education and Training, Safat, Kuwait
Molecules 14:68-77. 2009..A novel route to 2,3-dihydropyridazine-4-carboxylic acids 4a-c via reactions of 2-cyano-5-(dimethylamino)-5-arylpenta-2,4-dienamides 8a-c with nitrous acid or with ..
- High performance column liquid chromatographic analysis of selected carboxylic acids in Biomphalaria glabrata patently infected with Schistosoma mansoniDaniel R Massa
Department of Chemistry, Lafayette College, Easton, PA 18042, USA
Parasitol Res 101:925-8. 2007..chromatography (HPLC) was used to determine the effects of a patent Schistosoma mansoni infection on certain carboxylic acids in the digestive gland gonad complex (DGG) and hemolymph of Biomphalaria glabrata...
- Conversion of municipal solid wastes to carboxylic acids by thermophilic fermentationWen Ning Chan
Department of Chemical Engineering, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843 3122, USA
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 111:93-112. 2003The purpose of this research is to generate carboxylic acids from the biodegradable fraction of municipal solid wastes (MSW) and municipal sewage sludge (MSS) by using a thermophilic (55 degrees C), anaerobic, high-solid fermentation...
- Quinolone carboxylic acids as a novel monoketo acid class of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 integrase inhibitorsMotohide Sato
Central Pharmaceutical Research Institute, JT Inc, 1 1 Murasaki cho, Takatsuki, Osaka, 569 1125, Japan
J Med Chem 52:4869-82. 2009..Here, we show the synthesis and the detailed structure-activity relationship of the quinolone carboxylic acids as a novel monoketo acid class of integrase inhibitors...
- The kinetics of photocatalytic degradation of aliphatic carboxylic acids in an UV/TiO2 suspension systemQ Chen
College of Atmospheric Sciences, Lanzhou University, Lanzhou, China
Environ Technol 30:1103-9. 2009Kinetic studies on the photocatalytic degradation of aliphatic carboxylic acids were carried out in a slurry photoreactor with in-situ monitoring, employing artificial UV light as the source of energy and nano-TiO2 powder as the catalyst...
- Carboxylic acids as biomarkers of Biomphalaria alexandrina snails infected with Schistosoma mansoniSalwa M F Abou Elseoud
Parasitology Department, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt
Korean J Parasitol 48:127-32. 2010..Quantification of carboxylic acids, using HPLC strategy, was fast, easy, and accurate in prediction of infected and uninfected snails and ..
- Determining the molecular interactions of perfluorinated carboxylic acids with human sera and isolated human serum albumin using nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopyJessica C D'eon
Department of Chemistry, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, M5S 3H6 Canada
Environ Toxicol Chem 29:1678-88. 2010..Perfluorohexanoic acid (PFHxA) and PFOA were used as model perfluorinated carboxylic acids (PFCAs) to characterize the major site of PFCA interaction in human sera...
- Structure-activity relationships on the odor detectability of homologous carboxylic acids by humansJ Enrique Cometto-Muniz
Chemosensory Perception Laboratory, Department of Surgery Otolaryngology, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Dr, Mail Code 0957, La Jolla, CA 92093 0957, USA
Exp Brain Res 207:75-84. 2010..We discuss the mechanistic implications of this model for the process of olfactory detection...
- Evaluation of toxic effects of several carboxylic acids on bacterial growth by toxicodynamic modellingJose Antonio Vazquez
Grupo de Reciclado e Valorización de Materiais Residuais REVAL, Instituto de Investigacions Marinas CSIC, r Eduardo Cabello, 6, Vigo 36208, Galicia, Spain
Microb Cell Fact 10:100. 2011..However, they typically provide only descriptive information without modelling the influence of acid concentrations on bacterial kinetics...
- Rapid synthesis of 1,3,5-substituted 1,2,4-triazoles from carboxylic acids, amidines, and hydrazinesGeorgette M Castanedo
Discovery Chemistry Group, Genentech, Inc, 1 DNA Way, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
J Org Chem 76:1177-9. 2011A general method for the synthesis of 1,3,5-trisubstituted 1,2,4-triazoles has been developed from reaction of carboxylic acids, primary amidines, and monosubstituted hydrazines...
- Neurochemical analysis of amino acids, polyamines and carboxylic acids: GC-MS quantitation of tBDMS derivatives using ammonia positive chemical ionizationPaul L Wood
The Falk Center for Molecular Therapeutics, Department of Biomedical Engineering, McCormick School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Northwestern University, 1801 Maple Avenue, Suite 4306, Evanston, IL 60201, USA
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 831:313-9. 2006..Previous workers have utilized this derivative for GC-MS analyses of amino acids, carboxylic acids and urea with electron impact (EI) and with positive chemical ionization (PCI; methane as reagent gas)...
- A new synthesis of indole 5-carboxylic acids and 6-hydroxy-indole-5-carboxylic acids in the preparation of an o-hydroxylated metabolite of vilazodoneTimo Heinrich
Merck KGaA, Preclinical Pharmaceutical Research, Frankfurter Str 250, 64293 Darmstadt, Germany
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 14:2681-4. 2004..Functional group interconversion of carboxylic acid via carboxamide into cyanide was performed with methanesulfonic acid chloride...
- Regiocontrolled intramolecular cyclizations of carboxylic acids to carbon-carbon triple bonds promoted by acid or base catalystMasanobu Uchiyama
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tohoku University, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8578, Japan
Org Lett 8:5517-20. 2006..time, the relationship between regioselectivity and acid/base effects in the cyclization reactions between carboxylic acids and carbon-carbon triple bonds...
- Analysis of carboxylic acids in biological fluids by capillary electrophoresisBeatriz Baena
Sección Química Analítica, Fac CC Experimentales y de la Salud, Universidad San Pablo CEU, Madrid, Spain
Electrophoresis 26:2622-36. 2005..The use of microchip devices and CE-MS couplings for organic acid analysis is also discussed...
- Synthesis and antiprotozoan evaluation of new alkyl-linked bis(2-thioxo-[1,3,5]thiadiazinan-3-yl) carboxylic acidsJulieta Coro
Laboratorio de Síntesis Orgánica, Facultad de Quimica, Universidad de La Habana, 10400 Ciudad Habana, Cuba
Bioorg Med Chem 13:3413-21. 2005Two new series of several alkyl-linked bis(2-thioxo-[1,3,5]thiadiazinan-3-yl) carboxylic acids were synthesized in a two step procedure from the corresponding alkyl bis-dithiocarbamic salt intermediary...
- Accurate pK(a) calculations for carboxylic acids using complete basis set and Gaussian-n models combined with CPCM continuum solvation methodsM D Liptak
Contribution from the Department of Chemistry, Hamilton College, 198 College Hill Road, Clinton, New York 13323, USA
J Am Chem Soc 123:7314-9. 2001..and Gaussian-n methods were combined with CPCM continuum solvation methods to calculate pK(a) values for six carboxylic acids. An experimental value of -264...
- The pKa values of PFOA and other highly fluorinated carboxylic acidsKai Uwe Goss
UFZ Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research, Permoserstr 15, 04318 Leipzig, Germany
Environ Sci Technol 42:456-8. 2008..Here, the correct value is estimated to be close to -0.5 based on analogy considerations and molecular modeling. Calculated pKa values for other highly fluorinated carboxylic acids are also presented.
- Dual effects of aliphatic carboxylic acids on cresolase and catecholase reactions of mushroom tyrosinaseN Gheibi
Department of Physiology and Medical Physics, Qazvin University of Medical Sciences, Qazvin, Iran
J Enzyme Inhib Med Chem 24:1076-81. 2009..Thus, they could completely block the cresolase reaction, by preventing monophenol binding to the enzyme. From an allosteric point of view, n-alkyl acids may be involved in activation of MT catecholase reactions...
- Synthesis and potassium channel opening activity of substituted 10H-benzo[4,5]furo[3,2-b]indole-and 5,10-dihydro-indeno[1,2-b]indole-1-carboxylic acidsJ A Butera
Medicinal Chemistry, Chemical Sciences, Wyeth Ayerst Research, CN 8000, Princeton, NJ 08543, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 11:2093-7. 2001Compounds in a structurally novel series of substituted 10H-benzo[4,5]furo[3,2-b]indole-1-carboxylic acids and related 5,10-dihydro-indeno[1,2-b]indole-1-carboxylic acids were prepared and shown to possess potent, bladder-selective smooth ..
- N-Benzyl-indolo carboxylic acids: Design and synthesis of potent and selective adipocyte fatty-acid binding protein (A-FABP) inhibitorsTjeerd Barf
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Biovitrum AB, Research, 112 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 19:1745-8. 2009..This led to the identification of a potent and selective class of A-FABP inhibitors as illustrated by N-benzyl-hexahydrocyclohepta[b]indole 30...
- A fluorogenic reagent, 4-mercapto-7-methylthio-2,1,3-benzoxadiazole for carboxylic acids, designed by prediction of the fluorescence intensityS Uchiyama
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Japan
Anal Chem 73:2165-70. 2001..we previously proposed 7-acetylamino-4-mercapto-2,1,3-benzoxadiazole (AABD-SH) as a fluorogenic reagent for carboxylic acids. Since then, progress has made it possible to estimate the fluorescence quantum yields of the 4,7-..
- Sesquiterpene carboxylic acids from a wild tomato species affect larval feeding behavior and survival of Helicoverpa zea and Spodoptera exigua (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae)J E Frelichowski
Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Science, University of Illinois, Urbana 61801, USA
J Econ Entomol 94:1249-59. 2001The sesquiterpene carboxylic acids (SCA), (+)-(E)-alpha-santalen-12-oic, (-)-(E)-endo-alpha-bergamoten-12-oic, and (+)-(E)-endo-beta-bergamoten-12-oic acid, are produced in glandular trichomes of Lycopersicon hirsutum f. typicum Humb...
- Determination of carboxylic acids, carbohydrates, glycerol, ethanol, and 5-HMF in beer by high-performance liquid chromatography and UV-refractive index double detectionM Castellari
Istituto di Industrie Agrarie, Universita degli Studi di Bologna, Italy
J Chromatogr Sci 39:235-8. 2001A high-performance liquid chromatographic method is proposed for the simultaneous separation of main carboxylic acids, carbohydrates, ethanol, glycerol, and 5-HMF in beer by direct injection...
- Role of chromatography in the analysis of sugars, carboxylic acids and amino acids in foodI Molnar-Perl
Institute of Inorganic and Analytical Chemistry, L Eotvos University, Budapest, Hungary
J Chromatogr A 891:1-32. 2000An overview is presented of chromatographic methods currently in use to determine sugars, carboxylic acids and amino acids in foods: high-performance liquid chromatography, gas chromatography and capillary electrophoresis...
- Biochemical characterization of the reverse activity of rat brain ceramidase. A CoA-independent and fumonisin B1-insensitive ceramide synthaseS El Bawab
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Medical University of South Carolina, South Carolina 29425, USA
J Biol Chem 276:16758-66. 2001..The results are discussed in view of a possible regulation of this enzyme by the intracellular pH or by an interaction with cardiolipin and/or phosphatidic acid...
- Combinatorial receptor codes for odorsB Malnic
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Neurobiology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cell 96:713-23. 1999..Our studies also indicate that slight alterations in an odorant, or a change in its concentration, can change its "code," potentially explaining how such changes can alter perceived odor quality...
- Selective phosphodiesterase-4 inhibitors in chronic obstructive lung diseaseFrancisco J Soto
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
Curr Opin Pulm Med 11:129-34. 2005..Novel anti-inflammatory therapies such as selective phosphodiesterase 4 (PDE4) inhibitors are in clinical development. Their potential role in the management of COPD is described in this review...
- Fluorinated alkyl compounds including long chain carboxylic acids in wild bird livers from JapanKeerthi S Guruge
Safety Research Team, National Institute of Animal Health, National Agriculture and Food Research Organization, Kannondai 3 1 5, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 0856, Japan
Chemosphere 83:379-84. 2011..in a Japanese sparrowhawk, indicating that the top predatory wild birds can accumulate several long chain carboxylic acids. However, the current FAC concentrations found in livers may suggest that these compounds alone would not ..
- Fluorotelomer carboxylic acids and PFOS in rainwater from an urban center in CanadaMark Loewen
Department of Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Freshwater Institute, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Environ Sci Technol 39:2944-51. 2005A method based on LC/MS/MS analysis of fluorotelomer carboxylic acids (FTCAs: CnF2n+1CH2COOH, n = 6, 8, and 10) and fluorotelomer unsaturated carboxylic acids (FTUCAs: CnF2nCHCOOH, n = 6, 8, and 10) in rainwater using negative ionization ..
- The effect of aliphatic carboxylic acids on olfaction-based host-seeking of the malaria mosquito Anopheles gambiae sensu strictoRenate C Smallegange
Laboratory of Entomology, Wageningen University, PO Box 8031, Wageningen 6700 EH, The Netherlands
J Chem Ecol 35:933-43. 2009The role of aliphatic carboxylic acids in host-seeking response of the malaria mosquito Anopheles gambiae sensu stricto was examined both in a dual-choice olfactometer and with indoor traps...
- Exceptional chiral recognition of racemic carboxylic acids by calixarenes bearing optically pure alpha,beta-amino alcohol groupsYan Song Zheng
Department of Chemistry, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430074, P R China
Org Lett 6:1189-92. 2004..structure: see text]..
- Molecular receptive range variation among mouse odorant receptors for aliphatic carboxylic acidsSarah E Repicky
Department of Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology, Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, Miami, Florida 33101, USA
J Neurochem 109:193-202. 2009..MOR23-1, MOR31-4, MOR32-11 and MOR40-4), which have previously been identified as receptors for aliphatic carboxylic acids. Each receptor was expressed in Xenopus oocytes, along with Galpha(olf) and the cystic fibrosis transmembrane ..
- Electroantennogram and behavioral responses of Culex quinquefasciatus (Diptera: Culicidae) females to chemicals found in human skin emanationsSarika N Puri
Defense Research and Development Establishment, Jhansi Road, Gwalior 474002, India
J Med Entomol 43:207-13. 2006..quinquefasciatus to various chemical components of human skin emanations (carboxylic acids, alcohols, and aldehydes) were evaluated separately at three doses (0.01, 0...
- Isoprene forms secondary organic aerosol through cloud processing: model simulationsHo Jin Lim
Department of Environmental Sciences, Rutgers University, 14 College Farm Road, New Brunswick, New Jersey 08901, USA
Environ Sci Technol 39:4441-6. 2005..We conclude that cloud processing of isoprene is an important contributor to SOA production, altering the global distribution of hygroscopic organic aerosol and cloud condensation nuclei...
- Identification of dicarboxylate carrier Slc25a10 as malate transporter in de novo fatty acid synthesisShinji Mizuarai
Tsukuba Research Institute, Banyu Pharmaceutical Co Ltd, Ibaraki, Japan
J Biol Chem 280:32434-41. 2005....
- The discovery of fused pyrrole carboxylic acids as novel, potent D-amino acid oxidase (DAO) inhibitorsTim Sparey
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Merck Sharp and Dohme, The Neuroscience Research Centre, Terlings Park, Harlow, Essex CM20 2QR, UK
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 18:3386-91. 2008..In parallel, analogues were prepared to survey the SARs of 1...
- Inhibition of airway hyperresponsiveness and pulmonary inflammation by roflumilast and other PDE4 inhibitorsL Wollin
ALTANA Pharma, Byk Gulden Strasse 2, 78467 Konstanz, Germany
Pulm Pharmacol Ther 19:343-52. 2006..This study suggests that roflumilast has anti-inflammatory action and provides rationale for the investigation of roflumilast in asthmatic patients...
- Permeation of aromatic carboxylic acids across lipid bilayers: the pH-partition hypothesis revisitedAnita V Thomae
Department of Chemistry and Applied Biosciences, ETH Federal Institute of Technology, 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
Biophys J 89:1802-11. 2005..A recently developed permeation assay permits us to directly determine pH-dependent permeation of aromatic carboxylic acids. Tb(3+)-loaded liposomes are incubated with aromatic carboxylic acids and upon excitation at the absorption ..
- Low molecular weight carboxylic acids in oxidizing porphyry copper tailingsBernhard Dold
Institute of Mineralogy and Geochemistry BFSH2, University of Lausanne, 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
Environ Sci Technol 39:2515-21. 2005The distribution of low molecular weight carboxylic acids (LMWCA) was investigated in pore water profiles from two porphyry copper tailings impoundments in Chile (Piuquenes at La Andina and Cauquenes at El Teniente mine)...
- Total synthesis of natural tert-alkylamino hydroxy carboxylic acidsSung Ho Kang
Center for Molecular Design and Synthesis, Department of Chemistry, School of Molecular Science BK21, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology KAIST, Daejeon
Chem Rev 105:4537-58. 2005
- Friction force microscopy of alkylphosphonic acid and carboxylic acids adsorbed on the native oxide of aluminumTrevor T Foster
Department of Chemistry, UMIST, P O Box 88, Manchester M60 1QD, UK
Langmuir 22:9254-9. 2006..These inferences were supported by PM-IRRAS data, which enabled the density of gauche defects to be estimated and correlated with variations in the coefficient of friction...
- Attraction of mosquitoes to volatiles associated with bloodS A Allan
Center for Medical, Agricultural and Veterinary Entomology, USDA ARS, 1600 1700 23rd Dr, Gainesville, FL 32608, USA
J Vector Ecol 31:71-8. 2006..These assay methods are effective for evaluation of volatile compounds from blood, and although responses were obtained to several compounds, none were as effective as blood in the olfactometer and landing assays...
- Anion-exchange chromatography-electrospray ionization mass spectrometry method development for the environmental analysis of aliphatic polyhydroxy carboxylic acidsAxel Meyer
Department of Analytical and Ecological Chemistry, Faculty VI Geography Geosciences, University of Trier, Campus II, Behringstrasse 21, D 54296 Trier, Germany
J Chromatogr A 1170:62-72. 2007..MS method was developed enabling the identification and quantification of 18 aliphatic (poly)hydroxy (poly)carboxylic acids including sugar and uronic acids...
- Production of perfluorinated carboxylic acids (PFCAs) from the biotransformation of polyfluoroalkyl phosphate surfactants (PAPS): exploring routes of human contaminationJessica C D'eon
Department of Chemistry, University of Toronto, 80 St George Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5S 3H6
Environ Sci Technol 41:4799-805. 2007..Previous investigations have found that PAPS can migrate into food from paper packaging. Here we link ingestion of PAPS with in vivo production of perfluorinated acids...
- Dietary supplementation with beta-glucan enriched oat bran increases faecal concentration of carboxylic acids in healthy subjectsU Nilsson
Applied Nutrition and Food Chemistry, Department of Food Technology, Engineering and Nutrition, Center for Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Eur J Clin Nutr 62:978-84. 2008b>Carboxylic acids (CAs), especially butyric acid, have been suggested to counteract colonic diseases, such as ulcerative colitis and colon cancer...
- Human odor detection of homologous carboxylic acids and their binary mixturesPaul M Wise
Monell Chemical Senses Center, Philadelphia, PA 19104 3308, USA
Chem Senses 32:475-82. 2007..concentration) functions were measured for aliphatic carboxylic acids and selected binary mixtures thereof...
- A novel-designed Escherichia coli for the production of various polyhydroxyalkanoates from inexpensive substrate mixtureRui Li
State Key Laboratory of Microbial Technology, Life Science School, Shandong University, Jinan, 250100, People s Republic of China
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 75:1103-9. 2007..Semiquantitative reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction analysis indicated that disrupting phosphoenolpyruvate: sugar PTS in this strain released the repression on fad genes...
- Aqueous in situ derivatization of carboxylic acids by an ionic carbodiimide and 2,2,2-trifluoroethylamine for electron-capture detectionQuincy LaRon Ford
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC 29208, USA
J Chromatogr A 1145:241-5. 2007We report a technique for the rapid, room temperature derivatization of aqueous carboxylic acids to the corresponding 2,2,2-trifluoroethylamide derivative...
- Prediction of MS/MS data. 1. A focus on pharmaceuticals containing carboxylic acidsMary L Bandu
Department of Chemistry, University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas 66045, USA
Anal Chem 76:1746-53. 2004..We are currently developing methods to define these fragmentation rules. By screening approximately 100 carboxylic acids at a time and applying knowledge of physical-organic chemistry, predictive rules are under development that ..
- Efficient production of (R)-3-hydroxycarboxylic acids by biotechnological conversion of polyhydroxyalkanoates and their purificationKatinka Ruth
Laboratories for Biomaterials, Swiss Federal Laboratories for Materials Testing and Research, Lerchenfeldstrasse 5, CH 9014 St Gallen, Switzerland
Biomacromolecules 8:279-86. 2007..All obtained monomers had a purity of over 95 wt %. The physical properties of the purified monomers and their antimicrobial activities were also investigated...
- A broad diversity of volatile carboxylic acids, released by a bacterial aminoacylase from axilla secretions, as candidate molecules for the determination of human-body odor typeAndreas Natsch
Givaudan Schweiz AG, Ueberlandstrasse 138, CH 8600 Duebendorf, Switzerland
Chem Biodivers 3:1-20. 2006..Over 28 different carboxylic acids were released by this enzyme from odorless axilla secretions (Table 1)...
- Functional analysis of Kluyveromyces lactis carboxylic acids permeases: heterologous expression of KlJEN1 and KlJEN2 genesOdília Queirós
Instituto Superior de Ciências da Saúde Norte ISCSN, Rua Central da Gandra 1317 4585 116 Gandra, Paredes, Portugal
Curr Genet 51:161-9. 2007..work describes a detailed physiological and molecular characterization of the mechanisms of transport of carboxylic acids in Kluyveromyces lactis...
- Efficient synthesis and utilization of phenyl-substituted heteroaromatic carboxylic acids as aryl diketo acid isosteres in the design of novel HIV-1 integrase inhibitorsLi Fan Zeng
State Key Laboratory of Drug Research, Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 555 Zuchongzhi Road, Shanghai 201203, China
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 18:4521-4. 2008..The synthesis of the heteroaromatic carboxylic acids was established by employing phenyl beta-diketoester or benzaldehyde as the starting material and 1,3-dipolar ..
- Body odour of monozygotic human twins: a common pattern of odorant carboxylic acids released by a bacterial aminoacylase from axilla secretions contributing to an inherited body odour typeFabian Kuhn
Analytical Chemistry, Givaudan Schweiz AG, Ueberlandstrasse 138, 8600 Duebendorf, Switzerland
J R Soc Interface 6:377-92. 2009..Volatile carboxylic acids are a key class of known human body odorants...
- Synergistic mixture interactions in detection of perithreshold odors by humansToshio Miyazawa
Flavor System and Technology Laboratory, R and D Control Division, Ogawa and Co Ltd, 15 7 Chidori Urayashu shi, Chiba 279 0032, Japan
Chem Senses 33:363-9. 2008..The current study examined perithreshold mixture interactions between maple lactone (ML) and selected carboxylic acids. An air-dilution olfactometer allowed precise stimulus control...
- Changes in organic acids and sugars during early stages of development of acidic and acidless citrus fruitMarie Vincente Albertini
Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique INRA, UR GEQA, 20230 San Giuliano, France
J Agric Food Chem 54:8335-9. 2006..Our results provided the first complete report on sugar and organic acid accumulation during the early stages of fruit development in several citrus varieties...
- Transport of carboxylic acids in yeastsMargarida Casal
Department of Biology, Molecular and Environmental Biology Centre CBMA, University of Minho, Braga, Portugal
FEMS Microbiol Rev 32:974-94. 2008..Here we review the current knowledge on yeast carboxylate transporters, at the biochemical and molecular level, focusing also on recent biotechnological developments...
- Odor detection of mixtures of homologous carboxylic acids and coffee aroma compounds by humansToshio Miyazawa
Monell Chemical Senses Center, 3500 Market Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Agric Food Chem 57:9895-901. 2009Mixture summation among homologous carboxylic acids, that is, the relationship between detection probabilities for mixtures and detection probabilities for their unmixed components, varies with similarity in carbon-chain length...
- Stereospecific synthesis of (R)-2-hydroxy carboxylic acids using recombinant E. coli BL21 overexpressing YiaE from Escherichia coli K12 and glucose dehydrogenase from Bacillus subtilisHyungdon Yun
School of Chemical Engineering and Institute of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
Biotechnol Prog 21:366-71. 2005..The purified enzyme catalyzes reduction of various aromatic and aliphatic 2-oxo carboxylic acids to the corresponding (R)-2-hydoxy carboxylic acids using NADPH...
- Hydrophilic carboxylic acids and iridoid glycosides in the juice of American and European cranberries (Vaccinium macrocarpon and V. oxycoccos), lingonberries (V. vitis-idaea), and blueberries (V. myrtillus)Heidi D Jensen
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Royal Danish School of Pharmacy, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Agric Food Chem 50:6871-4. 2002..A fast reversed-phase HPLC method for quantification of the hydrophilic carboxylic acids was developed and used for analyses of cranberry, lingonberry, and blueberry juices...
- Degradation of fluorotelomer alcohols: a likely atmospheric source of perfluorinated carboxylic acidsDavid A Ellis
Department of Chemistry, University of Toronto, 80 St George Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5S 3H6
Environ Sci Technol 38:3316-21. 2004..tissues collected in urban and remote global locations contain persistent and bioaccumulative perfluorinated carboxylic acids (PFCAs). The source of PFCAs was previously unknown...
- Carboxylic acids permeases in yeast: two genes in Kluyveromyces lactisTiziana Lodi
Dipartimento di Genetica Antropologia Evoluzione, University of Parma, Viale delle Scienze 11 A, 43100 Parma, Italy
Gene 339:111-9. 2004..malate and fumarate because the Kljen2 mutant cannot grow on these substrates and the succinate uptake is competed by these carboxylic acids. We conclude that KlJEN2 is the first yeast gene shown to encode a dicarboxylic acids permease.
- Olfactory sensitivity for carboxylic acids in spider monkeys and pigtail macaquesMatthias Laska
Department of Medical Psychology, University of Munich Medical School, Goethestr 31, D 80336 Munich, Germany
Chem Senses 29:101-9. 2004..the olfactory sensitivity of four spider monkeys and four pigtail macaques for a homologous series of carboxylic acids (n-propionic acid to n-heptanoic acid) was investigated...
- Oxidation of carboxylic acids by horseradish peroxidase results in prosthetic heme modification and inactivationLiusheng Huang
Contribution from the Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of California, 600 16th Street, San Francisco, CA 94143 2280, USA
J Am Chem Soc 126:12865-73. 2004..functions known to be susceptible to oxidation by these catalysts, it is not known whether they can oxidize carboxylic acids to carboxylic radicals...
- Effect of cilomilast (Ariflo) on TNF-alpha, IL-8, and GM-CSF release by airway cells of patients with COPDM Profita
Istituto di Medicina Generale e Pneumologia, Universita di Palermo, Italy
Thorax 58:573-9. 2003....
- Adhesion to and decalcification of hydroxyapatite by carboxylic acidsY Yoshida
Department of Biomaterials Science, Hiroshima University, Faculty of Dentistry, Japan
J Dent Res 80:1565-9. 2001..Based on these data, an adhesion/decalcification concept was advanced that predicts that carboxylic acids, regardless of concentration/pH, either adhere to or decalcify hydroxyapatite, depending on the dissolution ..
- Antiinflammatory effects of the phosphodiesterase-4 inhibitor cilomilast (Ariflo) in chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseElizabeth Gamble
Department of Pulmonology, Leiden University Medical Centre, Leiden, The Netherlands
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 168:976-82. 2003..Phosphodiesterase-4 inhibitors represent a promising new class of substances for use in antiinflammatory treatment of this disease...
- Nasal pungency and odor of homologous aldehydes and carboxylic acidsJ E Cometto-Muniz
Department of Surgery Otolaryngology, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093 0957, USA
Exp Brain Res 118:180-8. 1998..measured odor and nasal pungency thresholds for homologous aliphatic aldehydes (butanal through octanal) and carboxylic acids (formic, acetic, butanoic, hexanoic, and octanoic)...
- Production of 3-hydroxy-n-phenylalkanoic acids by a genetically engineered strain of Pseudomonas putidaAngel Sandoval
Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular, Facultad de Veterinaria, Universidad de Leon, 24007 Leon, Spain
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 67:97-105. 2005..putida U (P. putida U DeltafadBA-phaZ) that efficiently bioconverts (more than 80%) different n-phenylalkanoic acids into their 3-hydroxyderivatives and excretes these compounds into the culture broth...
- THE GASTRIC ACID PUMP AS A TARGET FOR ULCER TREATMENTGeorge Sachs; Fiscal Year: 2007..0 and K+ binding to luminal carbonyl groups displaces two of the carboxylic acids bound to lys 791, thereby allowing return ofIys791 and replacement by K+ at this site...
- THE GASTRIC ACID PUMP AS A TARGET FOR ULCER TREATMENTGeorge Sachs; Fiscal Year: 2009..0 and K+ binding to luminal carbonyl groups displaces two of the carboxylic acids bound to lys 791, thereby allowing return ofIys791 and replacement by K+ at this site...
- ACYL GLUCURONIDES: COVALENT BINDING & PHARMACOKINETICSLeslie Benet; Fiscal Year: 1993..It has recently become recognized that acyl glucuronides of carboxylic acids are unstable and reactive metabolites...
- Novel agents against West Nile Virus infectionsKrzysztof Pankiewicz; Fiscal Year: 2003..simple, unexplored yet analogues of MPA that are expected to show different physicochemical properties than carboxylic acids (such as MPA) and may show favorable pharmacokinetic...
- Arthropod-Based Libraries for High Throughput ScreeningFrank Schroeder; Fiscal Year: 2007..While many of the compounds we have characterized have simple structures (such as straight chain alkenes, carboxylic acids, aldehydes, phenols, benzoquinones), there are also many examples of biologically active alkaloids, ..
- Arthropod-Based Libraries for High Throughput ScreeningJerrold Meinwald; Fiscal Year: 2007..While many of the compounds we have characterized have simple structures (such as straight chain alkenes, carboxylic acids, aldehydes, phenols, benzoquinones), there are also many examples of biologically active alkaloids, ..
- NITROGEN CONTAINING NATURAL PRODUCTSStephen Martin; Fiscal Year: 2005..synthesis of fused nitrogen heterocycles; (2) Develop a synthetic method for the homologation of carboxylic acids into alpha, beta-unsaturated ketones; and (3) Develop an efficient, stereoselective procedure for the ..
- Peptidomimetics of D-Ala-D-Ala as Novel AntibacterialsNorma Dunlap; Fiscal Year: 2003..Tetrazoles have been used successfully as bioisosteric replacements for the carboxylic acids in a number of drugs. An example is the angiotensin receptor antagonist Losartan...
- Synthetic Methods Involving Decarboxylative CouplingJON TUNGE; Fiscal Year: 2007..The theme of this proposal is the replacement of these undesirable reagents with ubiquitous carboxylic acids. Decarboxylative metalation of carboxylic acid derivatives potentially allows formation of useful ..
- Synthetic Methods Involving Decarboxylative CouplingJon A Tunge; Fiscal Year: 2010..The theme of this proposal is the replacement of these undesirable reagents with ubiquitous carboxylic acids. Decarboxylative metalation of carboxylic acid derivatives potentially allows formation of useful ..
- BIOLOGICALLY ACTIVE STEROID ANALOGSRICHARD HOCHBERG; Fiscal Year: 2000..We have synthesized several analogs of estradiol that have been modified with carboxylic acids, and have little or no affinity for the estrogen receptor and are therefore not estrogenic...
- Incorporating Thyronamines into Thyroid Hormone MetabolismWARREN WOOD; Fiscal Year: 2006..Again the enzymes for the proposed transformations are present in the liver. An extraction for carboxylic acids followed by chromatographic separation of the products and comparison to triiodothyroacetic acid and other ..
- ACYLCOA FORMATION--COVALENT BINDING, PHARMACOKINETICSLeslie Benet; Fiscal Year: 2002..inhibitors, with respect to acyl glucuronidation and acyl-CoA formation, on the covalent binding of selected carboxylic acids to protein; 3) To quantitatively determine and compare the levels of drug-protein acylation, acyl ..
- Dynamic Metabolomics via Isotopomer AnalysisHenri Brunengraber; Fiscal Year: 2006..for the concentration and mass isotopomer distribution of metabolites (acyl-CoAs, acylcarnitines, aminoacids, carboxylic acids, as well as intermediates of glycolysis, the pentosephosphate pathway, and the citric acid cycle) extracted ..
- The Molecular Recognition of Wine and UrineEric Anslyn; Fiscal Year: 2005..We propose to target five classes of analytes: carboxylic acids, sugars, pectins, tannins, and gluoconorides. These classes present different challenges for fingerprinting...
- Refining & Implementing Supramolecular Methods for HTS of EE & ConcentrationEric V Anslyn; Fiscal Year: 2010..will be to complete a few assays for chiral functional groups that are almost operational (primary amines, carboxylic acids, and ketones), and we will devise an assay for chiral secondary alcohols...