- Sampling and analytical methodology development for the determination of primary and secondary low molecular weight amines in ambient air
Institut de Recherche Robert Sauve en Sante et en Securite du Travail, 505 De Maisonneuve Blvd West, Montreal, H3A 3C2, Canada
J Environ Monit 10:379-86. 2008
..This new strategy will be useful in evaluating workplace air since a unique sampling system will be used, independent of the amine to be quantified...
- Stereochemistry of beta-deuterium isotope effects on amine basicity
Charles L Perrin
Department of Chemistry 0358, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0358, USA
J Am Chem Soc 127:9641-7. 2005
..The isotope effect is attributed to a lowered zero-point energy of a C-H bond adjacent to an amine nitrogen, arising from delocalization of either a syn or an anti lone pair, and with no detectable angle-independent inductive effect...
Division of Medical and Pharmaceutical Research, Nephrology, Kumamoto University Graduate School
Nihon Rinsho 62:512-4. 2004
- Photocatalytic degradation of N-nitrosodimethylamine: mechanism, product distribution, and TiO2 surface modification
School of Environmental Science and Engineering, Pohang University of Science and Technology, Pohang 790 784, Korea
Environ Sci Technol 39:6800-7. 2005
..The PCD of NDMA on surface-fluorinated TiO2 was also highly enhanced but favored the formation of MA over the formation of DMA...
- Inhibition of ATP hydrolysis by thermoalkaliphilic F1Fo-ATP synthase is controlled by the C terminus of the epsilon subunit
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Otago School of Medical Sciences, University of Otago, P O Box 56, Dunedin, New Zealand
J Bacteriol 188:3796-804. 2006
..Reconstituted TA2F(o)F(1)(epsilon(6A)) exhibited ATPase activity that correlated with increased ATP-driven proton pumping, confirming that the epsilon subunit also inhibits ATPase activity of TA2F(o)F(1)...
- Overexpression and purification of the RyR1 pore-forming region
Gil Bu Kang
Department of Life Science, Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology GIST, Gwangju, Korea
Protein Pept Lett 14:742-6. 2007
..The protein was then purified using nickel-affinity chromatography and gel filtration. Gel filtration analysis confirmed that the RyR1 fragment containing the pore-forming region (amino acids 4829-5037) is sufficient to form a tetramer...
- Hoechst 33258 as a pH-sensitive probe to study the interaction of amine oxide surfactants with DNA
CEMIN, Centro di Eccellenza per Materiali Innovativi Nanostrutturati, Dipartimento di Chimica, Università di Perugia Via Elce di Sotto 8, 06123 Perugia, Italy
Chembiochem 6:197-203. 2005
- Additive impairment of the barrier function and irritation by biogenic amines and sodium lauryl sulphate: a controlled in vivo tandem irritation study
J W Fluhr
Skin Physiology Laboratory, Department of Dermatology and Allergology, Friedrich Schiller University, Erfurter Strasse 35, DE 07740 Jena, Germany
Skin Pharmacol Physiol 18:88-97. 2005
..The results are suggestive that in the food-processing industry the simultaneous contact with biogenic amines and harmful detergents like SLS should be minimized...
- The trimethylamine methyltransferase gene and multiple dimethylamine methyltransferase genes of Methanosarcina barkeri contain in-frame and read-through amber codons
Department of Microbiology, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
J Bacteriol 182:2520-9. 2000
..Thus, the genes encoding the three types of methyltransferases that initiate methanogenesis from methylamine contain in-frame amber codons that are suppressed during expression of the characterized methyltransferases...
- Biofiltration of trimethylamine, dimethylamine, and methylamine by immobilized Paracoccus sp. CP2 and Arthrobacter sp. CP1
Kuo Ling Ho
Department of Biological Science and Technology, National Chiao Tung University, Hsin Chu, Taiwan, Republic of China
Chemosphere 72:250-6. 2008
..CP1 in the co-immobilization biofilter...
- Temperature-induced sedimentation to dispersion of ionic vesicles
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Kyushu University 33, Hakozaki, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8581, Japan
J Colloid Interface Sci 284:349-53. 2005
..The combined effect of the thermally induced dissociation of the counterions from the vesicle and a hydrogen bonding between the nonionic and the cationic head groups is likely to be responsible for this unique behavior...
- Enhanced adsorption of alkyl glucosides on the silica/water interface by addition of amine oxides
Maria K Matsson
YKI, Institute for Surface Chemistry, Box 5607, SE 114 86 Stockholm, Sweden
Langmuir 21:2766-72. 2005
..Both these effects are explained by incorporation of DDAO in the mixed micelles above cmc(mix), which leads to a desorption of DDAO from the surface...
- N-nitrosodimethylamine formation during treatment with strong oxidants of dimethylamine containing water
Department of Water Treatment Technology, Faculty of Chemistry, Adam Mickiewicz University, ul Drzymały 24, Poznan, Poland
Water Sci Technol 56:125-31. 2007
- Complete mineralization of dodecyldimethylamine using a two-membered bacterial culture
A G Kroon
Akzo Nobel Chemicals Research, Arnhem, The Netherlands
Environ Microbiol 3:131-6. 2001
..A two-membered culture was therefore imperative for growth on dodecyldimethylamine under nitrogen-limited conditions, whereas a pure culture of B. cepacia was capable of growth on dodecyldimethylamine under carbon-limited conditions...
- Solvation dynamics of DCM in a polypeptide-surfactant aggregate: gelatin-sodium dodecyl sulfate
Physical Chemistry Department, Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science, Jadavpur, Kolkata 700 032, India
Langmuir 20:653-7. 2004
..The critical association concentration (cac) of SDS for gelatin is determined to be 0.5 +/- 0.1 mM...
- Novel N,N '-diacyl-1,3-diaminopropyl-2-carbamoyl bivalent cationic lipids for gene delivery--synthesis, in vitro transfection activity, and physicochemical characterization
Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Arnold and Marie Schwartz College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Long Island University, Brooklyn, NY 11201, USA
FEBS J 275:148-62. 2008
..Taken together, the results suggest that well-hydrated and highly elastic cationic lipids with increased acyl chain fluidity and minimal cytotoxicity elicit high transfection activity...
- Effect of amphiphilic surfactant LDAO on the solubilization of DOPC vesicles and on the activity of Ca(2+)-ATPase reconstituted in DOPC vesicles
Department of Physical Chemistry of Drugs, Faculty of Pharmacy, Comenius University, Odbojarov 10, 832 32 Bratislava, Slovakia
Gen Physiol Biophys 26:290-7. 2007
..The ATPase activity decrease at higher LDAO concentrations was caused by the bilayer deformation. This deformation resulted in the formation of non-bilayer aggregates in LDAO+DOPC system...
- Hydrogen ion titration of alkyldimethylamine oxides by 13C and 1H NMR and conventional methods
Osaka Municipal Technical Research Institute, Morinomiya, Osaka 536 8553, Japan
J Colloid Interface Sci 289:498-503. 2005
..The intrinsic logarithmic dissociation constants of the micelle were 5.9+/-0.1 for H2O, and 6.5+/-0.1 for D2O...
- Small-angle neutron scattering study of N-dodecyl-N,N-dimethylamine N-oxide induced solubilization of dioleoylphosphatidylcholine bilayers in liposomes
Department of Physical Chemistry of Drugs, Faculty of Pharmacy, Comenius University, Bratislava, Slovakia
Gen Physiol Biophys 20:183-9. 2001
..5 < DDAO : DOPC < 3.5, and transition to globular particles (spheroid micelles) at DDAO: DOPC > 4. In bilayers or/and bilayer fragments, DDAO modulates the thickness of the bilayer...
- Purification, crystallization, and properties of F1-ATPase complexes from the thermoalkaliphilic Bacillus sp. strain TA2.A1
Institute of Microbiology ETH Zürich, ETH Honggerberg, Wolfgang Pauli Strasse 10, CH 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
J Struct Biol 152:140-5. 2005
..A1 membranes. ATPase assays of F(1)Deltadelta crystals exhibited latent ATP hydrolytic activity that was highly stimulated by lauryldimethylamine oxide, a hallmark of the native enzyme...
- Toxicological evaluation of mixtures of nonionic surfactants, alone and in combination with oil
Pharmacy Department, King s College London, University of London, Franklin Wilkins Building, 150 Stamford Street, London, SE1 9NN, United Kingdom
J Pharm Sci 92:859-68. 2003
- Antimicrobial and diffusional correlation of N-alkyl betaines and N-alkyl-N,N-dimethylamine oxides from semisolids
C R Birnie
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, 600 South 43rd Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Pharm Sci 90:1386-94. 2001
..The formulations delayed release in the same rank order as the contact time kill analysis: hydroxyethylcellulose gel > poloxamer gel > cream...
- Synthesis, in vitro transfection activity and physicochemical characterization of novel N,N'-diacyl-1,2-diaminopropyl-3-carbamoyl-(dimethylaminoethane) amphiphilic derivatives
Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Arnold and Marie Schwartz College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Long Island University, 75 DeKalb Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11201, USA
Chem Phys Lipids 133:135-49. 2005
..4 mN/m. In conclusion, increased acyl chain fluidity and high molecular elasticity of cationic lipids were found to correlate with improved transfection activity...
- Effect of additives on photodegradation of 1,3,5-trichlorobenzene in aqueous surfactant solutions
Department of Functional Polymer Science, Faculty of Textile Science and Technology Shinshu University, Ueda, Nagano, Japan
J Environ Sci Health A Tox Hazard Subst Environ Eng 40:1013-9. 2005
- Migration of methyl groups between aliphatic amines in water
Brian P Callahan
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, 27599 7260, USA
J Am Chem Soc 125:310-1. 2003
..With dimethylamine as a common acceptor, trimethylsulfonium ion was found to be approximately 104-fold more reactive than the tetramethylammonium ion at ambient temperature...
- Solution structure of the integral human membrane protein VDAC-1 in detergent micelles
Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Science 321:1206-10. 2008
..NMR measurements revealed the binding sites of VDAC-1 for the Bcl-2 protein Bcl-x(L), for reduced beta-nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide, and for cholesterol. Bcl-x(L) interacts with the VDAC barrel laterally at strands 17 and 18...
- Structure of myelin P2 protein from equine spinal cord
Dominic J B Hunter
Department of Chemistry, Joseph Black Building, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ, Scotland
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 61:1067-71. 2005
..187 (Rfree=0.233). The structure contains a molecule of the detergent LDAO and HEPES buffer in the binding cavity and is otherwise analogous to other cellular retinol-binding proteins...
- AFM characterization of tilt and intrinsic flexibility of Rhodobacter sphaeroides light harvesting complex 2 (LH2)
Institut Curie, UMR CNRS 168 and LRC CEA 34V, 11 rue Pierre et Marie Curie, 75231 Paris Cedex 05, France
J Mol Biol 325:569-80. 2003
- Resolution of the V1 ATPase from Manduca sexta into subcomplexes and visualization of an ATPase-active A3B3EG complex by electron microscopy
Vincenzo F Rizzo
Universitat des Saarlandes, Fachrichtung 2 5 Biophysik, D 66421 Homburg, Germany
J Biol Chem 278:270-5. 2003
..sexta (Radermacher, M., Ruiz, T., Wieczorek, H., and Grüber, G. (2001) J. Struct. Biol. 135, 26-37)...
- Self-assembling peptide detergents stabilize isolated photosystem I on a dry surface for an extended time
Center for Biomedical Engineering NE47 379, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
PLoS Biol 3:e230. 2005
..These observations suggest that the peptide detergents may effectively stabilize membrane proteins in the solid-state. These designed peptide detergents may facilitate the study of diverse types of membrane proteins...
- 4,5,6-Trisubstituted piperidinones as conformationally restricted ceramide analogues: synthesis and evaluation as inhibitors of sphingosine and ceramide kinases and as NKT cell-stimulatory antigens
Laboratorium fur Organische Chemie, Departement Chemie und Angewandte Biowissenschaften, ETH Zurich, Wolfgang Pauli Strasse 10, CH 8093 Zurich
Chem Biodivers 6:1688-715. 2009
..The L-arabino and the L-ribo dimethylamines 21-24, the L-gluco ceramide analogues 43, 46a, and 47, and the L-altro ceramide analogues 51a and 52 did not ..
- Quantitative structure-activity relationship modeling of acute toxicity of quaternary alkylammonium sulfobetaines to Daphnia magna
University of Wales Swansea, Singleton Park, Swansea SA2 8PP, United Kingdom
Environ Toxicol Chem 23:2111-5. 2004
..general formula RN+(CH3)2(CH2)nSO3-, where n = 2 to 4, and were synthesized by reacting the corresponding N,N-dimethylamines with either sodium-2-chloroethanesulfonate (n = 2), 1,3-propanesultone (n = 3), or 1,4-butanesultone (n = 4)...
- Phosphate removal from wastewaters using a weak anion exchanger prepared from a lignocellulosic residue
T S Anirudhan
Department of Chemistry, University of Kerala, Kariavattom, Trivandrum 695 581, India
Environ Sci Technol 40:2740-5. 2006
..Adsorbed phosphate on BS-DMAHP can be recovered by treating with 0.1 M NaOH solution. A stability test operated for four cycles indicate a capacity loss of < 12.0%...
- Homeostatic signature of anabolic steroids in cattle using 1H-13C HMBC NMR metabonomics
Marc Emmanuel Dumas
Biological Chemistry Section, Imperial College London, Sir Alexander Fleming Building, Exhibition Road, South Kensington, London SW7 2AZ, United Kingdom
J Proteome Res 4:1493-502. 2005
- Mononuclear rearrangement of heterocycles in zwitterionic micelles of amine oxide surfactants
Dipartimento di Chimica Organica A Mangini, Universita degli Studi di Bologna, Via S Giacomo 11, 40126 Bologna, Italy
J Colloid Interface Sci 381:67-72. 2012
..The disagreement with the primarily sterically controlled MRH in Triton X-100 micelles highlights large and intriguing differences between the two micellar environments...
- Potent and selective [2-imidazol-1-yl-2-(6-alkoxy-naphthalen-2-yl)-1-methyl-ethyl]-dimethyl-amines as retinoic acid metabolic blocking agents (RAMBAs)
Mark J Mulvihill
OSI Pharmaceuticals, Inc, 1 Bioscience Park Drive, Farmingdale, NY 11735, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 15:1669-73. 2005
..A series of [2-imidazol-1-yl-2-(6-alkoxy-naphthalen-2-yl)-1-methyl-ethyl]-dimethyl-amines were designed and synthesized as CYP26 inhibitors, serving as retinoic acid metabolic blocking agents (RAMBA's)...
- In vitro self-assembly of the light harvesting pigment-protein LH2 revealed by ultrafast spectroscopy and electron microscopy
Chemical Physics, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Biophys J 86:2363-73. 2004
..Accordingly, by varying the concentration the formation of different types of aggregates can be controlled. Conditions for the appearance of isolated LH2 complexes are defined...
- Investigations into biochemical changes of genetic hypertensive rats using 1H nuclear magnetic resonance-based metabonomics
School of Pharmacy, Tokyo University of Pharmacy and Life Science, Hachioji, Japan
Hypertens Res 28:425-30. 2005
- Design, synthesis and evaluation of novel 4-dimethylamine flavonoid derivatives as potential multi-functional anti-Alzheimer agents
Key Laboratory of Natural Medicine and Immuno Engineering, Henan University, Kaifeng 475004, People s Republic of China Electronic address
Bioorg Med Chem 21:7275-82. 2013
..5- to 2.6-fold of the Trolox value. These compounds should be further investigated as multi-potent agents for the treatment of Alzheimer's disease...
- Effect of crosslinking on the mechanical properties of mineralized and non-mineralized collagen fibers
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan, USA
J Biomed Mater Res A 101:2507-14. 2013
..The tensile strength of single fibers is greatly improved by crosslinking with EDC in acetone. BMMSCs were found to attach and spread well on modified fibers confirming biocompatibility...
- ESR studies on the thermal decomposition of trimethylamine oxide to formaldehyde and dimethylamine in jumbo squid (Dosidicus gigas) extract
College of Food Science and Biotechnology, Zhejiang Gongshang University, Hangzhou 310035, China
Food Chem 141:3881-8. 2013
..Similar ESR spectra of six peaks regarded as amminium radical were detected in the squid extract and TMAO-iron(II) solution, suggesting that the amminium radical was involved in the decomposition of TMAO...
- Performance evaluation of the UV/H2O2 process on selected nitrogenous organic compounds: reductions of organic contents vs. corresponding C-, N-DBPs formations
Huei Wen Chen
Institute of Environmental Health, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Chemosphere 85:591-7. 2011
..Furthermore, it was observed that using dissolved organic nitrogen and DMA to predict NDMAFP could lead to biased conclusions because of the complex nature of nitrogenous matters in aqueous environments...
- Partial purification and characterization of trimethylamine-N-oxide demethylase from lizardfish kidney
Department of Food Technology, Faculty of Agro Industry, Prince of Songkla University, Hat Yai, Songkhla, 90112, Thailand
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 135:359-71. 2003
..5 M. The enzyme had a K(m) for TMAO of 16.2 mM and V(max) of 0.35 micromol min(-1) and was able to convert TMAO to dimethylamine (DMA) and formaldehyde. The molecular mass of enzyme was estimated to be 128 kDa based on activity staining...
- A novel gaseous dimethylamine sensor utilizing cataluminescence on zirconia nanoparticles
Analytical Center, Institute of Chemical Defense, 102205 Beijing, People s Republic of China
Luminescence 24:282-9. 2009
..The sensor was successfully applied to the determination of dimethylamine in artificial air samples, and could potentially be applied to analysis of nerve agents such as Tabun (GA)...
- Beta-deuterium isotope effects on amine basicity, "inductive" and stereochemical
Charles L Perrin
Department of Chemistry 0358, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0358, USA
J Am Chem Soc 125:15008-9. 2003
..The values are consistent with a cos(2) dependence on dihedral angle, with no detectable angle-independent inductive effect...
- Adsorption of phenolic compounds from aqueous solutions by aminated hypercrosslinked polymers
Zhen mao Jiang
The State Key Laboratory of Pollution Control and Resource Reuse, Department of Environment Engineering, Nanjing University, Nanjing 210093, China
J Environ Sci (China) 19:135-40. 2007
..The adsorption impetus increased as quantity of hydroxyl groups increased, but the adsorption capacity decreased due to the drop of the matching degree of the aperture of resins and the diameter of adsorbate molecules...
- Characteristics of coagulation-flocculation of humic acid with effective performance of polymeric flocculant and inorganic coagulant
Environmental Engineering Research Centre, School of Civil and Structural Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 639798
Water Sci Technol 47:89-95. 2003
..The ratios of E4/E6 show the molecular size variations using different coagulants and flocculants, which are expected to benefit membrane-fouling control...
- A [2 + 2] cycloaddition route to dimethylaminomethylene vinamidinium salts
Ian W Davies
Department of Process Research and the Reaction Engineering Laboratory of Chemical Engineering R and D, Merck and Co, Inc, P O Box 2000, Rahway, New Jersey 07065 0900, USA
Org Lett 4:2969-72. 2002
..However, thermally driven loss of fluoride generates an iminium ion, which sets the stage for a [2 + 2] cycloaddition to ultimately generate the dimethylaminomethylene vinamidinium salt (1)...
- Formation of N-nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA) from dimethylamine during chlorination
William A Mitch
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of California, Berkeley 94720, USA
Environ Sci Technol 36:588-95. 2002
..It may be possible to reduce NDMA formation during chlorination by removing ammonia prior to chlorination, by breakpoint chlorination, or by avoidance of the use of monochloramine for drinking water disinfection...
- Photo-dissociation of dimethylamine by KrBr* excilamp
Department of Materials Science, Fudan University, 220 Handan Road, Shanghai 200433, People s Republic of China Engineering Research Center of Advanced Lighting Technology, Ministry of Education, Fudan University, 220 Handan Road, Shanghai 200433, People s Republic of China Institute for Electric Light Sources, Fudan University, 220 Handan Road, Shanghai 200433, People s Republic of China
Chemosphere 93:1372-8. 2013
- A C(sp3)-C(sp3) bond forming reductive condensation of α-keto esters and enolizable carbon pronucleophiles
Department of Chemistry, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania 16802, United States
Org Lett 15:3090-3. 2013
..The reaction, which is initiated by Kukhtin-Ramirez addition of commercially available tris(dimethylamino)phosphine to the α-keto ester substrate, proceeds rapidly under mild conditions. ..
- Groundwater derived arsenic in high carbonate wetland soils: sources, sinks, and mobility
Limnological Research Station and Department of Hydrology, University of Bayreuth, D 95440 Bayreuth, Germany
Sci Total Environ 401:109-20. 2008
- Dimethylamino acid esters as biodegradable and reversible transdermal permeation enhancers: effects of linking chain length, chirality and polyfluorination
Centre for New Antivirals and Antineoplastics, Department of Inorganic and Organic Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy Hradec Kralove, Charles University in Prague, Heyrovskeho 1203, 500 05, Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
Pharm Res 26:811-21. 2009
..Effects of chirality, linking chain length and polyfluorination were investigated...
- Time resolved spectroscopy of 2-(dimethylamine)fluorene. Solvent effects and photophysical behavior
Francisco G Sánchez
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Sciences, University of Malaga, Malaga, Spain
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 83:88-93. 2011
..Thus, the specific solvent interactions supplement but do not replace the twist mechanism and accompany the charge transfer accepted as the prerequisite for twisted intramolecular charged transfer (TICT) state formation...
- Phenols and amine induced HO* generation during the initial phase of natural water ozonation
Marc Olivier Buffle
Swiss Federal Institute of Aquatic Science and Technology EAWAG, Uberlandstrasse 133, Postfach 611, CH 8600 Dubendorf, Switzerland
Environ Sci Technol 40:3057-63. 2006
..Pretreatment of phenol-containing water with HOCl or HOBr did not decrease HO* generation, while the same treatment of dimethylamine-containing water considerably reduced HO* generation...
- Effect of detergent concentration on the thermal stability of a membrane protein: The case study of bacterial reaction center solubilized by N,N-dimethyldodecylamine-N-oxide
Dipartimento di Chimica and CSGI, Universita di Bari, I 70126 Bari, Italy
Biochim Biophys Acta 1804:137-46. 2010
..The aggregate final sizes formed at different temperatures indicate the presence of an even number of proteins suggesting that these clusters are formed by aggregation of dimers...
- Photopolymerization of N,N-dimethylaminobenzyl alcohol as amine co-initiator for light-cured dental resins
Walter F Schroeder
Institute of Materials Science and Technology INTEMA, Universidad Nacional de Mar del Plata National Research Council CONICET, Av Juan B Justo 4302, 7600 Mar del Plata, Argentina
Dent Mater 24:686-93. 2008
..The present study was carried out in order to assess the suitability of N,N-dimethylaminobenzyl alcohol (DMOH) as co-initiator of camphorquinone (CQ) and 1-phenyl-1,2-propanedione (PPD) in light-cured dental resins...
- Mass spectrometry assisted assignment of NMR resonances in reductively 13C-methylated proteins
Megan A Macnaughtan
Complex Carbohydrate Research Center, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia 30602, USA
J Am Chem Soc 127:17626-7. 2005
..MS and NMR are used to quantitate and correlate these ratios in order to assign peaks in the 1H-13C NMR spectrum. Hen egg white lysozyme was used as a model protein to demonstrate this assignment strategy...
- Asymmetric dimethylarginine in children with homocystinuria or phenylketonuria
Department of Pediatrics, Medical School Hannover, Carl Neuberg Str 1, 30625, Hannover, Germany
Amino Acids 42:1765-72. 2012
..In phenylketonuria, the L-arginine/NO pathway seems not be altered. Delineation of the role of ADMA in childhood phenylketonuria and homocystinuria demands further investigation...
- A flow-based synthesis of imatinib: the API of Gleevec
Mark D Hopkin
Innovative Technology Centre, Department of Chemistry, University of Cambridge, Lensfield Road, Cambridge, CB2 1EW, UK
Chem Commun (Camb) 46:2450-2. 2010
..An in-line solvent switching procedure was developed enabling the procedure to be performed with limited manual handling of intermediates...
- Abatement of malodorants from pesticide factory in dielectric barrier discharges
Institute of Industrial Ecology and Environment, Zhejiang University Yuquan Campus Hangzhou 310027, PR China
J Hazard Mater 177:908-13. 2010
..Higher conversion, higher energy yield and fewer byproducts were found in mixed odor (DML+dimethyl sulfide (DMS)) treatment than that in single odor treatment. The energy yield is promoted from 2.13 to 5.20mg/kJ...
- Heterogeneous uptake of amines by citric acid and humic acid
Research Center for Eco Environmental Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100085, China
Environ Sci Technol 46:11112-8. 2012
..Citric acid, having stronger acidity, showed a higher reactivity than humic acid for a given amine; while the steric effect of amines was found to govern the reactivity between amines and citric acid or humic acid...
- Methylohalomonas lacus gen. nov., sp. nov. and Methylonatrum kenyense gen. nov., sp. nov., methylotrophic gammaproteobacteria from hypersaline lakes
Dimitry Yu Sorokin
Winogradsky Institute of Microbiology, Russian Academy of Sciences, Prospect 60 let Octyabrya 7 2, 117811 Moscow, Russia
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 57:2762-9. 2007
..nov., sp. nov. (type strain AMT 1(T) =DSM 15732(T) =NCCB 100209(T) =UNIQEM U238(T))...
- Room-temperature super hydrogel as dye adsorption agent
Key Laboratory of Colloid and Interface Chemistry of Ministry of Education, Shandong University, Jinan, 250100, People s Republic of China
J Phys Chem B 116:12850-6. 2012
..The xerogels show excellent adsorption capability of the toxic dye with a maximum adsorption value of 202 mg·g(-1)...
- Development of self-etching primer adhesive in all-in-one bonding system
Department of Dental Biomaterials, Research Institute of Oral Science, Nihon University School of Dentistry at Matsudo, 2 870 1 Sakaecho nishi, Matsudo, Chiba 271 8587, Japan
Dent Mater J 24:251-6. 2005
..In conclusion, GMR and GAM were useful as water-soluble dimethacrylates while the combination of PIDAA and QTX was effective in improving the bond strength of composite resin to teeth in an all-in-one bonding system...
- Influence of the order of reagent addition on NDMA formation during chloramination
I Marie Schreiber
Department of Chemical Engineering, Yale University, Mason Lab 313b, 9 Hillhouse Avenue, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Environ Sci Technol 39:3811-8. 2005
..Chloramination strategies are suggested that may reduce NDMA formation by nearly an order of magnitude...
- Fragmentation pathways of N(G)-methylated and unmodified arginine residues in peptides studied by ESI-MS/MS and MALDI-MS
Peter M Gehrig
Institute of Biochemistry, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
J Am Soc Mass Spectrom 15:142-9. 2004
..The neutral losses of mono- and dimethylamines permit the differentiation between aDMA and sDMA.
- Conformationally restricted analogs of histamine H1 receptor antagonists: trans and cis-1-benzyl-3-dimethylamino-6-phenylpiperidine
A E Ahmed
J Med Chem 19:117-22. 1976
..Compounds 1 and 2 do not exhibit appreciable stereoselectivity in their ability to inhibit smooth muscle contractions. The cis compound 2 is a more effective inhibitor of histamine N-methyltransferase than the trans isomer 1...
- Expression, purification, and aggregation studies of His-tagged thermoalkalophilic lipase from Bacillus thermocatenulatus
Nils Helge Schlieben
Universitat zu Koln, Institut fur Biochemie, Zulpicher Strasse 47, 50674 Koln, Germany
Protein Expr Purif 34:103-10. 2004
..For the concentrated lipase, the availability of 5% 2-propanol was sufficient to hold the lipase in monomeric form and no additional detergent was needed...
- Increased urinary excretion of thioethers as a marker for detecting exposure to herbicide containing 2,4-dichlorophenoxyacetic acid dimethylamine - experimental study on mice
Institute of Occupational Health Zavod za zdravstvenu zastitu radnika, Futoska 121, P O Box 105, 21000 Novi Sad, FR Yugoslavia
Ann Agric Environ Med 7:61-3. 2000
..Results suggest that thioethers determination in urine might be a noninvasive and simple method for detecting exposure to herbicide containing 2,4-DMA...
- The assembly pathway of outer membrane protein PhoE of Escherichia coli
Department of Molecular Microbiology and Institute of Biomembranes, Utrecht University, The Netherlands
Eur J Biochem 267:3792-800. 2000
..Hence, a folded monomer might not be a true assembly intermediate of PhoE in vivo...
- Validated HPLC determination of 2-[(dimethylamino)methyl]cyclohexanone, an impurity in tramadol, using a precolumn derivatisation reaction with 2,4-dinitrophenylhydrazine
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Chemistry, University of Bucharest, Sos Panduri, no 90 92, Sect 5, Bucharest, Romania
J Pharm Biomed Anal 34:67-74. 2004
..The proposed method was validated with respect to selectivity, precision, linearity, accuracy and robustness...
- Characterization of thymic atrophy and the mechanism of thymocyte depletion after in vivo exposure to a mixture of herbicides
Patricia de la Rosa
NIOSH HELD ASB, Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
J Toxicol Environ Health A 68:81-98. 2005
..This study demonstrates that the effects of exposure to a mixture of chemicals cannot always be predicted based on single exposure data and emphasizes the importance of mixture-based studies...
- Metabolism of trimethylamines in kelp bass (Paralabrax clathratus) and marine and freshwater pink salmon (Oncorhynchus gorbuscha)
R P Charest
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Southern California, Los Angeles 90089
J Comp Physiol B 158:609-19. 1988
..4% of administered dose). Labeled TMA and TMAO, however, were detected in liver after [14C]betaine administration to a marine salmon, indicating that TMA-mono-oxygenase is present in salmon liver.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS)..
- Involvement of methyltransferase-activating protein and methyltransferase 2 isoenzyme II in methylamine:coenzyme M methyltransferase reactions in Methanosarcina barkeri Fusaro
R W Wassenaar
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Science, University of Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Bacteriol 178:6937-44. 1996
- Nitrosamine formation pathway revisited: the importance of chloramine speciation and dissolved oxygen
I Marie Schreiber
Department of Chemical Engineering, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Environ Sci Technol 40:6007-14. 2006
..With the improved understanding of the nitrosamine formation pathway, strategies are suggested that could significantly reduce nitrosamine formation during chloramination...
- Use of ionic detergents for enterovirus recovery from waste water
G Vanden Bossche
Institut für Umwelt und Tierhygiene sowie Tiermedizin, Universitat Hohenheim, Stuttgart, Germany
Microbiol Res 149:231-40. 1994
- Cellulose-based anion exchanger with tertiary amine functionality for the extraction of arsenic(V) from aqueous media
T S Anirudhan
Department of Chemistry, University of Kerala, Kariavattom, Trivandrum 695 581, India
J Environ Manage 91:2201-7. 2010
..A simulated groundwater sample was treated with Cell-AE to demonstrate its efficiency in removing As(V). The adsorbed As(V) ions were desorbed effectively by a 0.1 M NaOH solution...
- Dissipation and residues of 2,4-D: -dimethylammonium in wheat and soil
Ministry of Agriculture, Nanjing Jiangsu, People s Republic of China
Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 85:157-9. 2010
..02 mg/kg. The obtained results suggested that, it is safety for application at the recommended dosage during 3-4 leaf stage to control weeds in wheat field...
- High-resolution NMR spectroscopy as a method of studying human biological fluids in normal state and pathology
V P Kutyshenko
Institute of Theoretical and Experimental Biophysics, Russian Academy of Sciences, Pushchino, Moscow Oblast, 142290 Russia
Dokl Biochem Biophys 410:300-3. 2006
- NMR structures of the transmembrane domains of the α4β2 nAChR
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Pittsburgh, School of Medicine, PA 15260, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1818:1261-8. 2012
..It offers a valuable structural framework for rationalizing extensive biochemical data collected previously on the α4β2 nAChR and for designing new therapeutic modulators...
- [11C]-dimethylamine as a labeling agent for PET biomarkers
Department of Medical Biophysics and Nuclear Medicine, Hadassah Hebrew University, P O B 12000, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
Appl Radiat Isot 66:188-93. 2008
..Here we describe the radiosynthesis of [11C]dimethylamine (1) and its application in the direct labeling of several positron emission tomography (PET) imaging agents by-passing the preparation of the monomethyl amine precursors...
- Theoretical investigation of N-nitrosodimethylamine formation from dimethylamine nitrosation catalyzed by carbonyl compounds
Chun Lin Lv
College of Life Science and Bioengineering, Beijing University of Technology, Beijing 100124, PR China
J Phys Chem A 113:713-8. 2009
..The results obtained in this work will help elucidate the mechanisms of formation of nitrosamines...
- Detection of Escherichia coli O157:H7 and Salmonella in ground beef by a bead-free quantum dot-facilitated isolation method
Food Science Program, Division of Food Systems and Bioengineering, 256 WCS Wing, Eckles Hall, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
Int J Food Microbiol 156:83-7. 2012
..To our knowledge, this detection method is the first research that combined a new EDC-protein A QD-labeling technique and bead-free fluorescence measurement to detect E. coli O157:H7 and Salmonella in ground beef...
- Self-assembly of ATP synthase subunit c rings
The Medical Research Council Dunn Human Nutrition Unit, Hills Road, CB2 2YK, Cambridge, UK
FEBS Lett 515:189-93. 2002
..The results suggest that the ability of subunit c to form rings is determined by its primary structure...
- Dimethylamine-modified waste paper for the recovery of precious metals
Chaitanya Raj Adhikari
Department of Applied Chemistry, Saga University, 1 Honjo, Saga 840 8502
Environ Sci Technol 42:5486-91. 2008
- Mid-infrared spectroscopic investigation of methylamines by a continuous-wave difference-frequency-generation-based system
ETH Zurich, Institute for Quantum Electronics, Laser Spectroscopy and Sensing Laboratory, Schafmattstrasse 16, CH 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
Appl Opt 47:1956-62. 2008
..Future developments are discussed to further improve these detection limits that are currently still about 2 orders of magnitude higher than required for direct methylamine monitoring in human breath...
- Novel methylotrophic bacteria isolated from the River Thames (London, UK)
Department of Life Sciences, King s College London, Franklin Wilkins Building, 150 Stamford Street, London SE1 9NH, UK
Environ Microbiol 10:3225-36. 2008
..The origins of the genes encoding the enzymes of methylotrophy in diverse heterotrophs need further study, and could further our understanding of the phylogeny and antiquity of methylotrophic systems...
- Toxicity and pharmacokinetics of 2-(2-dimethylaminoethoxy)ethanol following cutaneous dosing
H W Leung
Applied Toxicology Group, Union Carbide Corporation, 39 Old Ridgebury Road, Danbury, CT 06817, USA
Food Chem Toxicol 40:1033-40. 2002
..Unchanged DMEE was the principal component detected in the urine. This observation, together with the less than 1% of the dose excreted as CO(2), showed that metabolism was not an important process in the elimination of DMEE in the rat...
- O6-alkylguanines, dietary N-nitroso compounds, and their precursors in gastric cancer
Nutritional and Molecular Epidemiology Branch, CSPO, 50135 Florence, Italy
Nutr Cancer 39:42-9. 2001
..These findings, although based on a small series of cases, support a role for N-nitroso compounds from dietary sources in the etiology of gastric cancer...
- Self-assembled bolaamphiphile fibers have intermediate properties between crystalline nanofibers and wormlike micelles: formation of viscoelastic hydrogels switchable by changes in pH and salinity
Physical Chemistry, Institute of Chemistry, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Von Danckelmann Platz 4, 06120 Halle, Germany
J Phys Chem B 115:10478-87. 2011
..However, there are also significant differences that arise from the unique bolaamphiphile fiber structure with highly ordered alkyl chains that render the properties similar to crystalline nanofibers...
- Role of surface-bound intermediates in the oxygen-assisted synthesis of amides by metallic silver and gold
Cassandra G F Siler
School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138, United States
J Am Chem Soc 134:12604-10. 2012
..This study provides a general framework for the oxygen-assisted coupling of alcohols and aldehydes with amines over gold- and silver-based catalysts in either the vapor or the liquid phase...
- Pseudomonas putida A ATCC 12633 oxidizes trimethylamine aerobically via two different pathways
Andrés S Liffourrena
Departamento de Biologia Molecular, Facultad de Ciencias Exactas, Fisico Quimicas y Naturales, Universidad Nacional de Rio Cuarto, CPX5804BYA, Rio Cuarto, Cordoba, Argentina
Arch Microbiol 192:471-6. 2010
- The effect of low-temperature dynamics of the dimethylammonium group in [(CH3)2NH2]3Sb2Cl9 on proton spin-lattice relaxation and narrowing of the proton NMR line
Department of Biophysics, Institute of Biotechnology and Environmental Sciences, University of Zielona Gora, Monte Cassino 21 B, 65 561 Zielona Gora, Poland
J Phys Chem A 109:3097-104. 2005
..It is established that the second moment of the proton NMR line below 74 K up to liquid helium temperature is much lower than the rigid lattice value, which is due to a tunneling stochastic process of the methyl groups...
- TDAE-assisted synthesis of new imidazo[2,1-b]thiazole derivatives as anti-infectious agents
Laboratoire de Pharmaco Chimie Radicalaire, Faculte de Pharmacie, Universites d Aix Marseille I, II et III CNRS, UMR 6264, 13385 Marseille, Cedex 05, France
Eur J Med Chem 45:840-5. 2010
..Among these synthesized 5-nitroimidazo[2,1-b]thiazoles, the compounds 1 and 6 showed potent antimicrobial activities against all candida strains and compound 3e showed an interesting antifungal potential against Candida tropicalis...
- An influence of hypothetical products of dimethylamine ozonation on N-nitrosodimethylamine formation
Adam Mickiewicz University, Faculty of Chemistry, Department of Water Treatment Technology, ul Drzymały 24, 60 613 Poznań, Poland
J Hazard Mater 229:340-5. 2012
..Therefore HA-DMA reaction cannot be responsible for the formation of NDMA when DMA aqueous solution is ozonized...
- [Climbing-upward inhibition of Oncomelania hupensis by niclosamide combination]
Institute of Parasitic Diseases, Chinese Academy of Preventive Medicine, Shanghai 200025
Zhongguo Ji Sheng Chong Xue Yu Ji Sheng Chong Bing Za Zhi 19:348-50. 2001
..198 mg/L) and niclosamide alone (LC90 0.207 mg/L). CONCLUSION: The combination showed an effective inhibition on the climbing-upward of snails in water so as to improve the molluscicidal effect and reduce the cost of mollusciciding...
- Characterization of chitosan-gelatin scaffolds for dermal tissue engineering
Hsiang Jung Tseng
Department of Chemical Engineering, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung, 40227, Taiwan
J Tissue Eng Regen Med 7:20-31. 2013
..Such a combination could help regenerate skin with integrated dermal and epidermal layers and a have potential use in tissue-engineered skin...
- N-nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA) formation during ozonation of dimethylamine-containing waters
Department of Water Treatment Technology, Faculty of Chemistry, Adam Mickiewicz University, ul Drzymały 24, 60 613 Poznań, Poland
Water Res 42:863-70. 2008
..The reaction may have potential importance for water treatment technology assuming reasonable micrograms per liter of DMA concentrations in raw waters...
- Enhanced topical and transdermal delivery of antineoplastic and antiviral acyclic nucleoside phosphonate cPr-PMEDAP
Centre for New Antivirals and Antineoplastics Faculty of Pharmacy in Hradec Králové, Charles University in Prague, Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
Pharm Res 28:3105-15. 2011
..We explored the potential of transdermal and topical delivery of 2,6-diaminopurine derivative cPr-PMEDAP...
- Mass spectrometric O-glycan analysis after combined O-glycan release by beta-elimination and 1-phenyl-3-methyl-5-pyrazolone labeling
Biomolecular Mass Spectrometry Unit, Department of Parasitology, Leiden University Medical Center, Postbus 9600, 2300 RC, Leiden, The Netherlands
Biochim Biophys Acta 1820:1420-8. 2012
..In contrast to N-glycans which are generally enzymatically released for analysis, there is no corresponding enzyme for O-glycan liberation. Therefore, O-glycans are generally released by chemical methods involving tedious procedures...