- Photocatalytic degradation of N-nitrosodimethylamine: mechanism, product distribution, and TiO2 surface modification
School of Environmental Science and Engineering, Pohang University of Science and Technology, Pohang 790- 784, Korea
Environ Sci Technol 39:6800-7. 2005
..The PCD of NDMA on surface-fluorinated TiO2 was also highly enhanced but favored the formation of MA over the formation of DMA...
- Beta-deuterium isotope effects on amine basicity, "inductive" and stereochemical
Charles L Perrin
Department of Chemistry 0358, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093-0358, USA
J Am Chem Soc 125:15008-9. 2003
..The values are consistent with a cos(2) dependence on dihedral angle, with no detectable angle-independent inductive effect...
- Expression, purification, and aggregation studies of His-tagged thermoalkalophilic lipase from Bacillus thermocatenulatus
Nils Helge Schlieben
, , , , Germany
Protein Expr Purif 34:103-10. 2004
..For the concentrated lipase, the availability of 5% 2-propanol was sufficient to hold the lipase in monomeric form and no additional detergent was needed...
Division of Medical and Pharmaceutical Research, Nephrology, Kumamoto University Graduate School
Nippon Rinsho 62:512-4. 2004
- Methylohalomonas lacus gen. nov., sp. nov. and Methylonatrum kenyense gen. nov., sp. nov., methylotrophic gammaproteobacteria from hypersaline lakes
Dimitry Yu Sorokin
Winogradsky Institute of Microbiology, Russian Academy of Sciences, Prospect 60 let Octyabrya 7 2, 117811 Moscow, Russia
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 57:2762-9. 2007
..nov., sp. nov. (type strain AMT 1(T) =DSM 15732(T) =NCCB 100209(T) =UNIQEM U238(T))...
- Stereochemistry of beta-deuterium isotope effects on amine basicity
Charles L Perrin
Department of Chemistry 0358, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0358, USA
J Am Chem Soc 127:9641-7. 2005
..The isotope effect is attributed to a lowered zero-point energy of a C-H bond adjacent to an amine nitrogen, arising from delocalization of either a syn or an anti lone pair, and with no detectable angle-independent inductive effect...
- Sampling and analytical methodology development for the determination of primary and secondary low molecular weight amines in ambient air
Institut de Recherche Robert Sauve en Sante et en Securite du Travail, 505 De Maisonneuve Blvd West, Montreal, H3A 3C2, Canada
J Environ Monit 10:379-86. 2008
..This new strategy will be useful in evaluating workplace air since a unique sampling system will be used, independent of the amine to be quantified...
- Mid-infrared spectroscopic investigation of methylamines by a continuous-wave difference-frequency-generation-based system
ETH Zurich, Institute for Quantum Electronics, Laser Spectroscopy and Sensing Laboratory, Schafmattstrasse 16, CH 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
Appl Opt 47:1956-62. 2008
..Future developments are discussed to further improve these detection limits that are currently still about 2 orders of magnitude higher than required for direct methylamine monitoring in human breath...
- Inhibition of ATP hydrolysis by thermoalkaliphilic F1Fo-ATP synthase is controlled by the C terminus of the epsilon subunit
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Otago School of Medical Sciences, University of Otago, P.O. Box 56, Dunedin, New Zealand
J Bacteriol 188:3796-804. 2006
..Reconstituted TA2F(o)F(1)(epsilon(6A)) exhibited ATPase activity that correlated with increased ATP-driven proton pumping, confirming that the epsilon subunit also inhibits ATPase activity of TA2F(o)F(1)...
- Overexpression and purification of the RyR1 pore-forming region
Gil Bu Kang
Department of Life Science, Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology GIST, Gwangju, Korea
Protein Pept Lett 14:742-6. 2007
..The protein was then purified using nickel-affinity chromatography and gel filtration. Gel filtration analysis confirmed that the RyR1 fragment containing the pore-forming region (amino acids 4829-5037) is sufficient to form a tetramer...
- Hoechst 33258 as a pH-sensitive probe to study the interaction of amine oxide surfactants with DNA
CEMIN, Centro di Eccellenza per Materiali Innovativi Nanostrutturati, Dipartimento di Chimica, , 06123 Perugia, Italy
Chembiochem 6:197-203. 2005
- Phenols and amine induced HO* generation during the initial phase of natural water ozonation
Swiss Federal Institute of Aquatic Science and Technology (Eawag, Uberlandstrasse 133, Postfach 611, CH-8600 Dubendorf, Switzerland
Environ Sci Technol 40:3057-63. 2006
..Pretreatment of phenol-containing water with HOCl or HOBr did not decrease HO* generation, while the same treatment of dimethylamine-containing water considerably reduced HO* generation...
- N-nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA) formation during ozonation of dimethylamine-containing waters
Department of Water Treatment Technology, Faculty of Chemistry, Adam Mickiewicz University, ul Drzymały 24, 60 613 Poznań, Poland
Water Res 42:863-70. 2008
..The reaction may have potential importance for water treatment technology assuming reasonable micrograms per liter of DMA concentrations in raw waters...
- Additive impairment of the barrier function and irritation by biogenic amines and sodium lauryl sulphate: a controlled in vivo tandem irritation study
J W Fluhr
Skin Physiology Laboratory, Department of Dermatology and Allergology, Friedrich Schiller University, Erfurter Strasse 35, DE 07740 Jena, Germany
Skin Pharmacol Physiol 18:88-97. 2005
..The results are suggestive that in the food-processing industry the simultaneous contact with biogenic amines and harmful detergents like SLS should be minimized...
- Homeostatic signature of anabolic steroids in cattle using 1H-13C HMBC NMR metabonomics
Marc Emmanuel Dumas
Biological Chemistry Section, Imperial College London, Sir Alexander Fleming Building, Exhibition Road, South Kensington, London SW7 2AZ, United Kingdom
J Proteome Res 4:1493-502. 2005
- The trimethylamine methyltransferase gene and multiple dimethylamine methyltransferase genes of Methanosarcina barkeri contain in-frame and read-through amber codons
Department of Microbiology, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
J Bacteriol 182:2520-9. 2000
..Thus, the genes encoding the three types of methyltransferases that initiate methanogenesis from methylamine contain in-frame amber codons that are suppressed during expression of the characterized methyltransferases...
- Investigations into biochemical changes of genetic hypertensive rats using 1H nuclear magnetic resonance-based metabonomics
School of Pharmacy, Tokyo University of Pharmacy and Life Science, Hachioji, Japan
Hypertens Res 28:425-30. 2005
- Metabolism of trimethylamines in kelp bass (Paralabrax clathratus) and marine and freshwater pink salmon (Oncorhynchus gorbuscha)
R P Charest
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Southern California, Los Angeles 90089
J Comp Physiol B 158:609-19. 1988
..4% of administered dose). Labeled TMA and TMAO, however, were detected in liver after [14C]betaine administration to a marine salmon, indicating that TMA-mono-oxygenase is present in salmon liver.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS)..
- High-resolution NMR spectroscopy as a method of studying human biological fluids in normal state and pathology
V P Kutyshenko
Institute of Theoretical and Experimental Biophysics, Russian Academy of Sciences, Pushchino, Moscow Oblast, 142290 Russia
Dokl Biochem Biophys 410:300-3. 2006
- Adsorption of phenolic compounds from aqueous solutions by aminated hypercrosslinked polymers
Zhen mao Jiang
The State Key Laboratory of Pollution Control and Resource Reuse, Department of Environment Engineering, Nanjing University, Nanjing 210093, China
J Environ Sci (China) 19:135-40. 2007
..The adsorption impetus increased as quantity of hydroxyl groups increased, but the adsorption capacity decreased due to the drop of the matching degree of the aperture of resins and the diameter of adsorbate molecules...
- Biofiltration of trimethylamine, dimethylamine, and methylamine by immobilized Paracoccus sp. CP2 and Arthrobacter sp. CP1
Kuo Ling Ho
Department of Biological Science and Technology, National Chiao Tung University, Hsin Chu, Taiwan, Republic of China
Chemosphere 72:250-6. 2008
..CP1 in the co-immobilization biofilter...
- Temperature-induced sedimentation to dispersion of ionic vesicles
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Kyushu University 33, Hakozaki, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8581, Japan
J Colloid Interface Sci 284:349-53. 2005
..The combined effect of the thermally induced dissociation of the counterions from the vesicle and a hydrogen bonding between the nonionic and the cationic head groups is likely to be responsible for this unique behavior...
- Enhanced adsorption of alkyl glucosides on the silica/water interface by addition of amine oxides
Maria K Matsson
YKI, Institute for Surface Chemistry, Box 5607, SE 114 86 Stockholm, Sweden
Langmuir 21:2766-72. 2005
..Both these effects are explained by incorporation of DDAO in the mixed micelles above cmc(mix), which leads to a desorption of DDAO from the surface...
- N-nitrosodimethylamine formation during treatment with strong oxidants of dimethylamine containing water
Department of Water Treatment Technology, Faculty of Chemistry, Adam Mickiewicz University, ul Drzymały 24, Poznan, Poland
Water Sci Technol 56:125-31. 2007
- Complete mineralization of dodecyldimethylamine using a two-membered bacterial culture
A G Kroon
Akzo Nobel Chemicals Research, Arnhem, The Netherlands
Environ Microbiol 3:131-6. 2001
..A two-membered culture was therefore imperative for growth on dodecyldimethylamine under nitrogen-limited conditions, whereas a pure culture of B. cepacia was capable of growth on dodecyldimethylamine under carbon-limited conditions...
- Solvation dynamics of DCM in a polypeptide-surfactant aggregate: gelatin-sodium dodecyl sulfate
Physical Chemistry Department, Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science, Jadavpur, Kolkata 700 032, India
Langmuir 20:653-7. 2004
..The critical association concentration (cac) of SDS for gelatin is determined to be 0.5 +/- 0.1 mM...
- Novel N,N '-diacyl-1,3-diaminopropyl-2-carbamoyl bivalent cationic lipids for gene delivery--synthesis, in vitro transfection activity, and physicochemical characterization
Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Arnold and Marie Schwartz College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Long Island University, Brooklyn, NY 11201, USA
FEBS J 275:148-62. 2008
..Taken together, the results suggest that well-hydrated and highly elastic cationic lipids with increased acyl chain fluidity and minimal cytotoxicity elicit high transfection activity...
- Effect of amphiphilic surfactant LDAO on the solubilization of DOPC vesicles and on the activity of Ca(2+)-ATPase reconstituted in DOPC vesicles
Department of Physical Chemistry of Drugs, Faculty of Pharmacy, Comenius University, Odbojarov 10, 832 32 Bratislava, Slovakia
Gen Physiol Biophys 26:290-7. 2007
..The ATPase activity decrease at higher LDAO concentrations was caused by the bilayer deformation. This deformation resulted in the formation of non-bilayer aggregates in LDAO+DOPC system...
- Hydrogen ion titration of alkyldimethylamine oxides by 13C and 1H NMR and conventional methods
Osaka Municipal Technical Research Institute, Morinomiya, Osaka 536 8553, Japan
J Colloid Interface Sci 289:498-503. 2005
..The intrinsic logarithmic dissociation constants of the micelle were 5.9+/-0.1 for H2O, and 6.5+/-0.1 for D2O...
- Small-angle neutron scattering study of N-dodecyl-N,N-dimethylamine N-oxide induced solubilization of dioleoylphosphatidylcholine bilayers in liposomes
Department of Physical Chemistry of Drugs, Faculty of Pharmacy, Comenius University, Bratislava, Slovakia
Gen Physiol Biophys 20:183-9. 2001
..5 < DDAO : DOPC < 3.5, and transition to globular particles (spheroid micelles) at DDAO: DOPC > 4. In bilayers or/and bilayer fragments, DDAO modulates the thickness of the bilayer...
- Purification, crystallization, and properties of F1-ATPase complexes from the thermoalkaliphilic Bacillus sp. strain TA2.A1
, , Wolfgang-Pauli-Strasse 10, , Switzerland
J Struct Biol 152:140-5. 2005
..A1 membranes. ATPase assays of F(1)Deltadelta crystals exhibited latent ATP hydrolytic activity that was highly stimulated by lauryldimethylamine oxide, a hallmark of the native enzyme...
- Self-assembly of ATP synthase subunit c rings
The Medical Research Council Dunn Human Nutrition Unit, Hills Road, CB2 2YK, Cambridge, UK
FEBS Lett 515:189-93. 2002
..The results suggest that the ability of subunit c to form rings is determined by its primary structure...
- Influence of the order of reagent addition on NDMA formation during chloramination
I Marie Schreiber
Department of Chemical Engineering, Yale University, Mason Lab 313b, 9 Hillhouse Avenue, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Environ Sci Technol 39:3811-8. 2005
..Chloramination strategies are suggested that may reduce NDMA formation by nearly an order of magnitude...
- Nitrosamine formation pathway revisited: the importance of chloramine speciation and dissolved oxygen
I Marie Schreiber
Department of Chemical Engineering, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Environ Sci Technol 40:6007-14. 2006
..With the improved understanding of the nitrosamine formation pathway, strategies are suggested that could significantly reduce nitrosamine formation during chloramination...
- Toxicological evaluation of mixtures of nonionic surfactants, alone and in combination with oil
Pharmacy Department, King's College London, University of London, Franklin Wilkins Building, 150 Stamford Street, London, SE1 9NN, United Kingdom
J Pharm Sci 92:859-68. 2003
- Antimicrobial and diffusional correlation of N-alkyl betaines and N-alkyl-N,N-dimethylamine oxides from semisolids
C R Birnie
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, 600 South 43rd Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Pharm Sci 90:1386-94. 2001
..The formulations delayed release in the same rank order as the contact time kill analysis: hydroxyethylcellulose gel > poloxamer gel > cream...
- Synthesis, in vitro transfection activity and physicochemical characterization of novel N,N'-diacyl-1,2-diaminopropyl-3-carbamoyl-(dimethylaminoethane) amphiphilic derivatives
Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Arnold and Marie Schwartz College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Long Island University, 75 DeKalb Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11201, USA
Chem Phys Lipids 133:135-49. 2005
..4 mN/m. In conclusion, increased acyl chain fluidity and high molecular elasticity of cationic lipids were found to correlate with improved transfection activity...
- Effect of additives on photodegradation of 1,3,5-trichlorobenzene in aqueous surfactant solutions
Department of Functional Polymer Science, Faculty of Textile Science and Technology Shinshu University, Ueda, Nagano, Japan
J Environ Sci Health A Tox Hazard Subst Environ Eng 40:1013-9. 2005
- Migration of methyl groups between aliphatic amines in water
Brian P Callahan
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, 27599-7260, USA
J Am Chem Soc 125:310-1. 2003
..With dimethylamine as a common acceptor, trimethylsulfonium ion was found to be approximately 104-fold more reactive than the tetramethylammonium ion at ambient temperature...
- Solution structure of the integral human membrane protein VDAC-1 in detergent micelles
Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Science 321:1206-10. 2008
..NMR measurements revealed the binding sites of VDAC-1 for the Bcl-2 protein Bcl-x(L), for reduced beta-nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide, and for cholesterol. Bcl-x(L) interacts with the VDAC barrel laterally at strands 17 and 18...
- Structure of myelin P2 protein from equine spinal cord
Dominic J B Hunter
Department of Chemistry, Joseph Black Building, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ, Scotland
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 61:1067-71. 2005
..187 (Rfree=0.233). The structure contains a molecule of the detergent LDAO and HEPES buffer in the binding cavity and is otherwise analogous to other cellular retinol-binding proteins...
- AFM characterization of tilt and intrinsic flexibility of Rhodobacter sphaeroides light harvesting complex 2 (LH2)
Institut Curie, UMR CNRS 168 and LRC CEA 34V, 11 rue Pierre et Marie Curie, 75231 Paris Cedex 05, France
J Mol Biol 325:569-80. 2003
- Resolution of the V1 ATPase from Manduca sexta into subcomplexes and visualization of an ATPase-active A3B3EG complex by electron microscopy
Vincenzo F Rizzo
, Fachrichtung 2.5-Biophysik, D-66421 Homburg, Germany
J Biol Chem 278:270-5. 2003
..sexta (Radermacher, M., Ruiz, T., Wieczorek, H., and GrÃ¼ber, G. (2001) J. Struct. Biol. 135, 26-37)...
- Self-assembling peptide detergents stabilize isolated photosystem I on a dry surface for an extended time
Center for Biomedical Engineering NE47-379, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
PLoS Biol 3:e230. 2005
..These observations suggest that the peptide detergents may effectively stabilize membrane proteins in the solid-state. These designed peptide detergents may facilitate the study of diverse types of membrane proteins...
- 4,5,6-Trisubstituted piperidinones as conformationally restricted ceramide analogues: synthesis and evaluation as inhibitors of sphingosine and ceramide kinases and as NKT cell-stimulatory antigens
Laboratorium fur Organische Chemie, Departement Chemie und Angewandte Biowissenschaften, ETH Zurich, Wolfgang Pauli Strasse 10, CH 8093 Zurich
Chem Biodivers 6:1688-715. 2009
..The L-arabino and the L-ribo dimethylamines 21-24, the L-gluco ceramide analogues 43, 46a, and 47, and the L-altro ceramide analogues 51a and 52 did not ..
- Quantitative structure-activity relationship modeling of acute toxicity of quaternary alkylammonium sulfobetaines to Daphnia magna
University of Wales Swansea, Singleton Park, Swansea SA2 8PP, United Kingdom
Environ Toxicol Chem 23:2111-5. 2004
..general formula RN+(CH3)2(CH2)nSO3-, where n = 2 to 4, and were synthesized by reacting the corresponding N,N-dimethylamines with either sodium-2-chloroethanesulfonate (n = 2), 1,3-propanesultone (n = 3), or 1,4-butanesultone (n = 4)...
- Fragmentation pathways of N(G)-methylated and unmodified arginine residues in peptides studied by ESI-MS/MS and MALDI-MS
Peter M Gehrig
Institute of Biochemistry, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
J Am Soc Mass Spectrom 15:142-9. 2004
..The neutral losses of mono- and dimethylamines permit the differentiation between aDMA and sDMA.
- Biodegradability and ecotoxicity of amine oxide based surfactants
M T Garcia
Surfactant Technology Department, IIQAB CSIC, Jordi Girona 18 26, 08034 Barcelona, Spain
Chemosphere 69:1574-8. 2007
..11 to 11 mg l(-1)) proved to be more sensitive to the toxic effects of the amine oxide based surfactants than crustacea (IC(50) from 6.8 to 45 mg l(-1)). The fatty amido amine oxide showed the lowest aquatic toxicity...
- Growth hormone treatment improves markers of systemic nitric oxide bioavailability via insulin-like growth factor-I
Universitatsklinikum, Medizinische Klinik I Kardiologie, 97080 Wurzburg, Germany
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:4172-9. 2007
..GH treatment additionally increased aortic endothelial NO synthase expression of mice. Importantly, blocking of the IGF-I receptor in vivo abolished the GH-mediated effects on markers of increased NO bioavailability...
- Insights on co-catalyst-promoted enamine formation between dimethylamine and propanal through ab initio and density functional theory study
Mahendra P Patil
Department of Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Powai, Mumbai 400076, India
J Org Chem 72:8202-15. 2007
..The results are found to be in concurrence with the available reports on the rate acceleration by co-catalysts in the Michael reaction between enamine and methyl vinyl ketone under neat conditions...
- Dimethylamine and diet
S C Mitchell
Biomolecular Medicine, SORA Division, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, South Kensington, London, UK
Food Chem Toxicol 46:1734-8. 2008
..Freshwater trout, plaice and prawns gave no discernable effect. It seems that not all fish and seafoods may be treated equally with regards to human dimethylamine exposure and that the situation is more complicated than at first appears...
- Analgesic activity of metabotropic glutamate receptor 1 antagonists on spontaneous post-operative pain in rats
Chang Z Zhu
Neuroscience Research, Global Pharmaceutical Research and Development, Abbott Laboratories, 100 Abbott Park Road, Abbott Park, IL 60064 3500, USA
Eur J Pharmacol 580:314-21. 2008
- Regulation of CD40 reconstitution into a liposome using different ratios of solubilized LDAO to lipids
Kyung Eun Lee
Laboratory of Cell Engineering and 3D Structure, School of Life Sciences and Biotechnology, Korea University, 1, 5 Ka, Anam Dong, Sungbuk Ku, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces 62:51-7. 2008
..The results of the present study show that the detergent ratio had an effect on the structure of the liposome and the amount of CD40 that was reconstituted into the liposome...
- Dependence of N-nitrosodimethylamine photodecomposition on the irradiation wavelength: excitation to the s(2) state as a doorway to the dimethylamine radical ground-state chemistry
Department of Physical Chemistry, Faculty of Sciences, University of Malaga, E 29071 Malaga, Spain
J Org Chem 72:4741-9. 2007
- Degradation of amine-based water treatment polymers during chloramination as N-nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA) precursors
Sang Hyuck Park
School of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia 30332, USA
Environ Sci Technol 43:1360-6. 2009
..Polyamines' tertiary amine chain ends play a major role in their NDMA-FP, while polyDADMACs' NDMA-FP is related to degradation of the quaternary ammonium ring group...
- Size-dependent reactions of ammonium bisulfate clusters with dimethylamine
Bryan R Bzdek
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware 19716, USA
J Phys Chem A 114:11638-44. 2010
..The results of this study give further evidence to suggest that ambient sub-3 nm diameter particles are likely to contain aminium salts rather than ammonium salts...
- SANS investigation of the photosynthetic machinery of Chloroflexus aurantiacus
Kuo Hsiang Tang
Department of Biology, Washington University in St Louis, Missouri, USA
Biophys J 99:2398-407. 2010
..Finally, two populations of chlorosome particles are suggested in our SANS measurements...
- Kinetics and equilibrium adsorption studies of dimethylamine (DMA) onto ion-exchange resin
College of Environmental and Resources Science, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310029, Zhejiang, China
J Hazard Mater 185:677-81. 2011
..DMA adsorption on ZGSPC106 fitted well to the pseudo-second-order kinetic model. Furthermore, the adsorption mechanism was discussed by Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FT-IR) analysis...
- Intramolecular charge delocalization and nonlinear optical properties of push-pull chromophore 1-(4-N,N-dimethylaminopyridinium) acetic acid bromide monohydrate from vibrational spectra
C Jesintha John
Centre for Molecular and Biophysics Research, Department of Physics, Mar Ivanios College, Thiruvananthapuram, 695 015 Kerala, India
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 78:264-72. 2011
..The Natural Bond Orbital analysis confirms the occurrence of strong intermolecular O-H⋯O hydrogen bonding...
- The pore properties of human nociceptor channel TRPA1 evaluated in single channel recordings
Y V Bobkov
Whitney Laboratory, Center for Smell and Taste, St Augustine, FL, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1808:1120-8. 2011
..5 Å. These findings provide important insight into the basic fundamental properties and function of TRPA1 channels in general and human TRPA1 channel in particular...
- Adsorption of dimethylamine from aqueous solution by manganese dioxide
State Key Laboratory of Urban Water Resources and Environment, School of Municipal and Environmental Engineering, Harbin Institute of Technology, Harbin, 150090, China
Water Sci Technol 63:45-50. 2011
..According to the results, it suggests that the adsorption is primarily brought about by electrostatic interaction between DMA and MnO₂ surface...
- Chloramination of nitrogenous contaminants (pharmaceuticals and pesticides): NDMA and halogenated DBPs formation
Julien Le Roux
Laboratoire de Chimie et Microbiologie de l Eau CNRS UMR 6008, Université de Poitiers ENSIP, 40 Avenue du Recteur Pineau, 86022 Poitiers Cedex, France
Water Res 45:3164-74. 2011
..Previous research used dimethylamine (DMA) as a model precursor of NDMA, but certain widely used tertiary dimethylamines (e.g. the pharmaceutical ranitidine) show much higher conversion rates to NDMA than DMA...
- PolyDADMAC and dimethylamine as precursors of N-nitrosodimethylamine during ozonation: reaction kinetics and mechanisms
School of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia 30332, USA
Environ Sci Technol 45:4353-9. 2011
..The mechanistic understanding from this study can help develop source control strategies for minimization of NDMA formation risk at water and wastewater utilities...
- Tailored synthesis of mesoporous platinum replicas using double gyroid mesoporous silica (KIT-6) with different pore diameters via vapor infiltration of a reducing agent
Faculty of Science and Engineering, Waseda University, Ohkubo 3 4 1, Shinjuku, Tokyo 169 8555, Japan
Chem Commun (Camb) 46:6365-7. 2010
..Through controlling the complementary pore size, it becomes possible to selectively deposit Pt into one side pore of the Ia3d bicontinuous structure, thereby forming a mesoporous Pt replica with relatively large mesopores (over 10 nm)...
- Development of an on-line weak-cation exchange liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometric method for screening aldehyde products in biological matrices
VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Science, Section of Analytical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy, De Boelelaan 1083, 1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 877:3937-45. 2009
..An in vitro model shows how derivatized aldehydes in human and rat plasma are detected. Finally, plasma treated with radical inducer shows elevated aldehyde species compared to untreated plasma...
- Computational study on the aminolysis of beta-hydroxy-alpha,beta-unsaturated ester via the favorable path including the formation of alpha-oxo ketene intermediate
College of Chemistry, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610064, PR China
J Phys Chem A 112:4501-10. 2008
..Being independent of the concentration of amine, the first process obeys the first-order rate law...
- Optimization of normal-phase chromatographic separation of compounds with primary, secondary and tertiary amino groups
Discovery Analytical Chemistry, Chemical Technologies, Wyeth Research, CN 8000, Princeton, NJ 08543, USA
J Chromatogr A 1194:80-9. 2008
..1% concentration. On diol columns, the elution order of free primary, N-N-methyl, and N,N-dimethylamines was predictable, while the elution order of primary and secondary amines on cyano columns varied depending on ..
- Repulsion between inorganic particles inserted within surfactant bilayers
Laboratoire de Physique des Solides, Universite Paris Sud, CNRS, UMR8502, 91405 Orsay Cedex, France
Phys Rev Lett 101:098101. 2008
..Systematic application of this technique should lead to a better understanding of the interaction between membrane inclusions...
- The L-arginine/NO pathway in end-stage liver disease and during orthotopic liver and kidney transplantation: biological and analytical ramifications
Department of Visceral and Transplant Surgery, Hannover Medical School, Carl Neuberg Strasse 1, 30625 Hannover, Germany
Nitric Oxide 20:61-7. 2009
..The importance of analytical chemistry in this area of research is also discussed in this article...
- Nitrosamine, dimethylnitramine, and chloropicrin formation during strong base anion-exchange treatment
Jerome M Kemper
Department of Chemical Engineering, Yale University, Mason Laboratory 313b, 9 Hillhouse Avenue, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Environ Sci Technol 43:466-72. 2009
- A light-initiated, dark oxidation of bacteriochlorophyll from reaction center particles
D C Brune
Section of Genetics, Development and Physiology, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14850, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 333:37-43. 1974
..These results are consistent with the hypothesis that illumination generates a reaction initiator which is fairly stable in methanol but decays with a half-life of about 4.5 min in reaction center particles after illumination ceases...
- Optimization of the multiple enzymatic activities of the hepatitis C virus NS3 protein
InterMune, Brisbane, CA 94005, USA
Anal Biochem 394:138-40. 2009
..These conditions enable a particularly sensitive protease assay that uses picomolar concentrations of NS3...
- Mg2+-induced vesicles of tetradecyldimethylamine oxide and magnesium dodecyl sulfate
Key Laboratory of Colloid and Interface Chemistry of Ministry of Education, Shandong University, Jinan 250100, People s Republic of China
J Colloid Interface Sci 338:537-41. 2009
..The results indicate that the crystal growth is along the (111) direction which can be affected by the presence of a vesicle phase having a fixation of Mg2+ ions to the bilayer membranes...
- Dimethylamine, trimethylamine, and biogenic amine formation in high-pressure processed semidried squid (Todarodes pacificius) during refrigerated storage
Medical and Bio material Research Center and Div of Biomaterials Engineering, Kangwon Natl Univ, Chuncheon, Gangwon 200 701, Republic of Korea
J Food Sci 75:M489-95. 2010
..The production of biogenic amines (BAs) varied with HPP treatment during refrigerated storage. Therefore, the application of HPP may provide a significant improvement in the safety and quality of semidried squid...
- Nitric oxide formation from hydroxylamine by myoglobin and hydrogen peroxide
Radiation Biology Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1336:502-8. 1997
..In summary, our results demonstrate a possible pathway of NO formation from HA, however, the significance of this mechanism for bioactivation of HA in vivo is unknown at the present time...
- Endotoxin adsorbent using dimethylamine ligands
The State Key Laboratory of Functional Polymer Materials for Adsorption and Separation, Institute of Polymer Chemistry, Nankai University, Tianjin 300071, Pepole s Republic of China
Biomaterials 26:2741-7. 2005
..The combination of endotoxin with adsorbent was tight and adsorption capacity was effectually increased...
- N-nitrosodimethylamine formation by free-chlorine-enhanced nitrosation of dimethylamine
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242 1527, USA
Environ Sci Technol 37:4871-6. 2003
- Asymmetric synthesis of diarylmethyl amines by rhodium-catalyzed asymmetric addition of aryl titanium reagents to imines
Department of Chemistry, Graduate School of Science, Kyoto University, Sakyo, Kyoto 606-8502, Japan
Angew Chem Int Ed Engl 43:6125-8. 2004
- Effects of non-ionic surfactants N-alkyl-N,N-dimethylamine-N-oxides on the structure of a phospholipid bilayer: small-angle X-ray diffraction study
Department of Physical Chemistry of Drugs, Faculty of Pharmacy, Comenius University, Bratislava SK 832 32, Slovak Republic
Chem Phys Lipids 129:31-41. 2004
- The influence of detergents and amphiphiles on the solubility of the light-harvesting I complex
M A Rosenow
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ 85287 1604, USA
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 59:1422-8. 2003
..These results suggest that mass spectrometry can be used for screening of favorable crystallization conditions...
- Liquid-liquid phase separation of a surfactant-solubilized membrane protein
INFM Politecnico di Milano, Dipartimento di Ingegneria Nucleare, Via Ponzio 34 3, I 20133 Milano, Italy
Phys Rev Lett 90:208101. 2003
..After a fast initial droplet growth, the nearly arrested kinetics at a later stage leaves the system in a finely divided, long-lasting emulsified state...
- [Participation of dexamethasone and E and C vitamins in the modulation of the hepatotoxic effect induced by fomesafen and 2,4-D amino herbicides, in rats ]
, , Facultad de Farmacia Universidad Central de Venezuela, Caracas-Venezuela
Acta Cient Venez 53:60-5. 2002
..Under experimental conditions of this study, the use of these agents does not guarantee protection against the hepatotoxic effects induced by the herbicides...
- Synthesis and inhibitory activity of dimethylamino-chalcone derivatives on the induction of nitric oxide synthase
, Universidad de Valencia, Facultad de Farmacia, , 46100 Burjassot, Valencia, Spain
Eur J Med Chem 37:699-705. 2002
..Chalcone (6) at 25 mg kg(-1) by oral route, inhibited significantly the formation of oedema in the carrageenan-induced model of inflammation in mice...
- Inhibition and inactivation of the F1 adenosinetriphosphatase from Bacillus PS3 by dequalinium and activation of the enzyme by lauryl dimethylamine oxide
S R Paik
Department of Chemistry, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla 92093 0601
Biochemistry 33:126-33. 1994
..When irradiated in the presence of dequalinium, TF1 is rapidly inactivated with an apparent Kd of 12.5 microM in the presence or absence of LDAO.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Allergic contact dermatitis from shellac in mascara
Christophe J Le Coz
Unité de Dermato Allergologie, Dermatologie Professionnelle and Photobiologie, Clinique Dermatologique des Hôpitaux Universitaires de Strasbourg, France
Contact Dermatitis 46:149-52. 2002
..These reports underline the rôle of networks, such as REVIDAL-GERDA, in monitoring the emergence of contact allergens and disseminating such information among the medical community...
- [Guanidino compounds and aliphatic monoamines in acute and chronic renal failure]
Internal Medicine II, Niigata University Medical School, Japan
Nihon Jinzo Gakkai Shi 34:1077-85. 1992
..The liver homogenate produced DMA by adding TMA-N-O as substrate. However, the kidney homogenate could synthesize it even without substrate. Therefore, the kidney seems to be a major site of DMA production as well as the intestine...
- Wavelength shifts correlation between near infrared and ultraviolet regions of the LHII bacteriochlorophyll spectrum from Ectothiorhodospira sp
Estacion Experimental de Aula Dei CSIC, Zaragoza, Spain
Z Naturforsch C 56:363-8. 2001
..Both shifts have similar apparent pKs (12.3 and 12.6, respectively). Interestingly, the presence of NaCl reduces these pKs values to 11.4 and 11.7...
- Effects of 2,4-dichlorophenoxy acetic acid dimethyl amine salt on dental hard tissue formation in rats
A R Alpoz
Department of Pedodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Ege University, Izmir, Turkey
Environ Int 26:137-42. 2001
..It is concluded that environmental contaminants such as chlorinated organic pesticides may play an important role in infant's dental development when taken via mother's milk...
- Two mechanisms for toxic effects of hydroxylamines in human erythrocytes: involvement of free radicals and risk of potentiation
C T Evelo
Department of Pharmacology, Universiteit Maastricht, The Netherlands
Blood Cells Mol Dis 24:280-95. 1998
..Since these enzymes play a key role in the protection of erythrocytes against oxidative stress a risk of potentiation during mixed exposure does exist...
- Activation and reaction kinetics of the dimethylamine/coenzyme M methyltransfer in Methanosarcina barkeri strain Fusaro
R W Wassenaar
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Science, University of Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Eur J Biochem 258:597-602. 1998
- 13C solid-state NMR of gramicidin A in a lipid membrane
P O Quist
Department of Physical Chemistry, Umea University, S 901 87 Umea, Sweden
Biophys J 75:2478-88. 1998
..As expected, the elements of the residual chemical shift tensor were consistent with the single-stranded, right-handed beta6.3 helix structure proposed for gramicidin A in lipid membranes...
- Effects of N-alkyl-N,N-dimethylamine-N-oxides on the activity of purified sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca(2+)-transporting ATPase
Department of Physical Chemistry of Drugs, Faculty of Pharmacy, Comenius University, Bratislava, Slovakia
Pharmazie 60:135-7. 2005
- Derivatization using dimethylamine for tandem mass spectrometric structure analysis of enzymatically and acidically depolymerized methyl cellulose
Department of Technical Analytical Chemistry, Lund University, P.O. Box 124, S-221 00 Lund, Sweden
Anal Chem 77:2948-59. 2005
..The combination of DMA derivatization and tandem MS was demonstrated as a tool for the characterization of endoglucanase selectivity...
- UV photolytic mechanism of N-nitrosodimethylamine in water: dual pathways to methylamine versus dimethylamine
School of Chemical Engineering, College of Engineering, Seoul National University, Sillim-dong, Gwanak-gu, Seoul 151-742, Korea
Environ Sci Technol 39:2101-6. 2005
..The observed photolytic behaviors of NDMA photolysis could be successfully explained in terms of the new mechanism involving the role of NO2-...
- Accurate quantification of dimethylamine (DMA) in human urine by gas chromatography-mass spectrometry as pentafluorobenzamide derivative: evaluation of the relationship between DMA and its precursor asymmetric dimethylarginine (ADMA) in health and disease
Institut fur Klinische Pharmakologie, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Carl Neuberg Strasse 1, D 30625 Hannover, Germany
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 851:229-39. 2007
..17+/-4.2) being insignificantly lower (P=0.46). Between urinary DMA and ADMA there was a positive correlation (R=0.6655, P<0.0001) in coronary artery disease, but no correlation (R=0.27339) was found in end-stage liver disease...
- Ca2+- and ba2+-ligand coordinated unilamellar, multilamellar, and oligovesicular vesicles
Key Laboratory of Colloid and Interface Chemistry, Shandong University, Ministry of Education, Jinan 250100, China
Chemistry 13:496-501. 2007
..A mechanism is proposed that accounts for the formation of these new metal-ligand coordinated vesicles...
- Role of PKA and PKC in histamine H1 receptor-mediated activation of catecholamine neurotransmitter synthesis
Nader H Moniri
Division of Medicinal Chemistry and Natural Products, School of Pharmacy, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 25799-7360, USA
Neurosci Lett 407:249-53. 2006
..Results for cis-PAB suggest H1/PLC/IP/DAG/PKC signaling activates PKA, downstream of cAMP formation, indicating apparent direct activation of PKA by PKC...
- Novel 5-dimethylamino-1- and 2-indanyl uracil derivatives
Global Innovative R and D, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, Netanya 42504, Israel
J Org Chem 71:7053-6. 2006
..The formation of 9 may be rationalized by a putative mechanism based on the intermediacy of the imminium methide species 8a...
- Short-chain aliphatic amines in human urine: a mathematical examination of metabolic interrelationships
Stephen C Mitchell
SORA Division, Biomolecular Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, South Kensington, London SW7 2AZ, UK
Metabolism 56:19-23. 2007
..In all cases, ethylamine was least significantly correlated with the other urinary components and appeared metabolically unrelated...
- A new amphoteric superabsorbent hydrogel based on sodium starch sulfate
Key Laboratory of Oil and Gas Fine Chemicals, Ministry of Education, Xinjiang University, Urumqi, Xinjiang, China
Bioresour Technol 99:444-7. 2008
..The maximum swelling capacity in distilled water and saline solution reached 1493.1 and 91.0 g/g, respectively. These results were compared with those obtained from original starch-based hydrogel...
- Amphiphilic amine-N-oxides with aliphatic alkyl chain act as efficient superoxide dismutase mimics, antioxidants and lipid peroxidation blockers in yeast
Institute of Genetics and Microbiology, Wrocław University, 51 148 Wrocław, Poland
Folia Microbiol (Praha) 51:99-107. 2006
..sod mutants are useful in assessing pro- and antioxidant properties of different compounds...