Genomes and Genes
Summary: Isopropyl analog of EPINEPHRINE; beta-sympathomimetic that acts on the heart, bronchi, skeletal muscle, alimentary tract, etc. It is used mainly as bronchodilator and heart stimulant.
Publications390 found, 100 shown here
- Application of isoproterenol inhibits diabetic-like changes in the rat retinaYoude Jiang
Department of Ophthalmology, Hamilton Eye Institute, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN 38163, USA
Exp Eye Res 91:171-9. 2010..We hypothesized that application of a beta-adrenergic receptor agonist, isoproterenol, could reach the retina to elicit normal cellular signaling and inhibit the functional and morphological ..
- Endogenous sulfur dioxide protects against isoproterenol-induced myocardial injury and increases myocardial antioxidant capacity in ratsYinfang Liang
Department of Pediatrics, Peking University First Hospital, Beijing, PR China
Lab Invest 91:12-23. 2011..investigated changes in endogenous SO(2)/glutamic oxaloacetic transaminase (GOT) pathway in the development of isoproterenol (ISO)-induced myocardial injury in rats and the regulatory effect of SO(2) on cardiac function, myocardial ..
- Preventive effect of crocin of Crocus sativus on hemodynamic, biochemical, histopathological and ultrastuctural alterations in isoproterenol-induced cardiotoxicity in ratsS N Goyal
Department of Pharmacology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi 110029, India
Phytomedicine 17:227-32. 2010We investigated the effects of crocin, a pharmacologically active constituent of Crocus sativus L., in isoproterenol (ISO)-induced cardiotoxicity with reference to hemodynamic, antioxidant, histopathological and ultrastructural ..
- Endogenous hydrogen sulfide regulation of myocardial injury induced by isoproterenolBin Geng
Department of Physiology, Peking University Health Science Center, PR China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 318:756-63. 2004..b>Isoproterenol injection of rat hearts induced a myocardial ischemic injury model, with reduced myocardial and plasma H(2)S ..
- Ablation of p21-activated kinase-1 in mice promotes isoproterenol-induced cardiac hypertrophy in association with activation of Erk1/2 and inhibition of protein phosphatase 2ADomenico M Taglieri
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, College of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, 835 S Wolcott Ave, M C 901, Chicago, IL 60612 7342, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 51:988-96. 2011..We determined the effects of ablation of the Pak-1 gene on the response of the myocardium to chronic stress of isoproterenol (ISO) administration...
- Modulation of cytochrome P450 gene expression and arachidonic acid metabolism during isoproterenol-induced cardiac hypertrophy in ratsBeshay N M Zordoky
Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 3126 Dentistry Pharmacy Centre, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada T6G 2N8
Drug Metab Dispos 36:2277-86. 2008..Therefore, we investigated the effect of isoproterenol-induced cardiac hypertrophy on the expression of several P450 genes and their associated P450-derived ..
- Dynamics of lipid droplet-associated proteins during hormonally stimulated lipolysis in engineered adipocytes: stabilization and lipid droplet binding of adipocyte differentiation-related protein/adipophilinDanielle N Gross
Department of Biochemistry, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Mol Endocrinol 20:459-66. 2006..In response to isoproterenol, perilipin is hyperphosphorylated, lipolysis is enhanced, and subsequently, ADRP expression increases ..
- miR-1 overexpression enhances Ca(2+) release and promotes cardiac arrhythmogenesis by targeting PP2A regulatory subunit B56alpha and causing CaMKII-dependent hyperphosphorylation of RyR2Dmitry Terentyev
Davis Heart and Lung Research Institute, Department of Physiology and Cell Biology, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Circ Res 104:514-21. 2009..In the presence of isoproterenol, rhythmically paced, miR-1-overexpressing myocytes exhibited spontaneous arrhythmogenic oscillations of ..
- Isoproterenol induces in vivo functional and metabolic abnormalities: similar to those found in the infarcted rat heartL C Heather
Cardiac Metabolism Research Group, Department of Physiology, Anatomy and Genetics, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
J Physiol Pharmacol 60:31-9. 2009Chronic isoproterenol administration produces a rapid, highly reproducible rodent model of cardiac hypertrophy...
- Myoglobin-deficient mice activate a distinct cardiac gene expression program in response to isoproterenol-induced hypertrophyAndrei Molojavyi
Institut für Herz und Kreislaufphysiologie, Heinrich Heine Universitat Dusseldorf, 40001 Dusseldorf, Germany
Physiol Genomics 41:137-45. 2010..To analyze to what extent myo-/- mice would tolerate cardiac stress we used the model of chronic isoproterenol application to induce cardiac hypertrophy in myo-/- mice and wild-type (WT) controls...
- Isoproterenol and cAMP block ERK phosphorylation and enhance [Ca2+]i increases and oxygen consumption by muscarinic receptor stimulation in rat parotid and submandibular acinar cellsStephen P Soltoff
Division of Signal Transduction, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 285:13337-48. 2010..Here we report that the beta-adrenergic ligand isoproterenol blocks increases in extracellular signal-related kinase (ERK) phosphorylation, a protein kinase C-dependent ..
- Isoproterenol cytotoxicity is dependent on the differentiation state of the cardiomyoblast H9c2 cell lineAna F Branco
Center for Neuroscience and Cell Biology, Department of Life Sciences, University of Coimbra, 3004 517 Coimbra, Portugal
Cardiovasc Toxicol 11:191-203. 2011..In order to test the hypothesis, the effects of the cardiotoxicant isoproterenol (ISO) were investigated...
- Aptamer neutralization of beta1-adrenoceptor autoantibodies isolated from patients with cardiomyopathiesAnnekathrin Haberland
Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Circ Res 109:986-92. 2011..For disease treatment, aptamers that bind and neutralize beta1-AABs could be significant...
- Effect of squalene on tissue defense system in isoproterenol-induced myocardial infarction in ratsK H Sabeena Farvin
Biochemistry and Nutrition Division, Central Institute of Fisheries Technology, Matsyapuri P O, Cochin 682 029, India
Pharmacol Res 50:231-6. 2004This study was designed to examine the effects of squalene on tissue antioxidant status in isoproterenol-induced myocardial infarction in male albino rats...
- Isoproterenol-induced impairment of heart function and remodeling are attenuated by the nonpeptide angiotensin-(1-7) analogue AVE 0991Anderson J Ferreira
Department of Morphology, Biological Sciences Institute Federal University of Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, MG, 31 270 901, Brazil
Life Sci 81:916-23. 2007..Heart hypertrophy and heart dysfunction were induced by isoproterenol (ISO) (2 mg/kg i.p./day for 7 days) in male Wistar rats...
- Modulation of L-type Ca(2+) channel current density and inactivation by beta-adrenergic stimulation during murine cardiac embryogenesisFilomain Nguemo
Institute of Neurophysiology, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Basic Res Cardiol 104:295-306. 2009..As the embryonic heart underlies hormonal modulation, e.g. catecholamines, we aimed at studying effects of beta-adrenergic stimulation on I (CaL) densities and inactivation kinetics during murine heart development...
- Cardiovascular response to beta-adrenergic blockade or activation in 23 inbred mouse strainsCorinne Berthonneche
Service of Medical Genetics, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois and University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
PLoS ONE 4:e6610. 2009..dose of the beta-adrenergic receptor blocker atenolol or under a low and a high dose of the beta-agonist isoproterenol and compared to baseline condition...
- Attenuation of isoproterenol-induced cardiac fibrosis in transgenic rats harboring an angiotensin-(1-7)-producing fusion protein in the heartAnderson J Ferreira
Department of Morphology, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Ther Adv Cardiovasc Dis 4:83-96. 2010..To directly investigate the effects of Ang-(1-7) specifically in the heart, we generated and characterized transgenic (TG) rats which express an Ang-(1-7)-producing fusion protein driven by the alpha-MHC promoter...
- Cardioprotective effect of melatonin against isoproterenol induced myocardial infarction in rats: A biochemical, electrocardiographic and histoarchitectural evaluationVaibhav Patel
Pharmacy Department, Faculty of Technology and Engineering, The M S University of Baroda, Vadodara 390001, India
Eur J Pharmacol 644:160-8. 2010The present study was designed to investigate the cardioprotective effect of melatonin against isoproterenol induced myocardial infarction in rats by studying myocyte injury markers, antioxidant defense system, serum and heart lipid ..
- Differential regulation of proteasome function in isoproterenol-induced cardiac hypertrophyOliver Drews
School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, 675 Charles E Young Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1760, USA
Circ Res 107:1094-101. 2010..Our recent investigations identified heterogeneous subpopulations of proteasome complexes in the heart and implicated multiple mechanisms for their regulation...
- Signaling pathways of isoproterenol-induced ERK1/2 phosphorylation in primary cultures of astrocytes are concentration-dependentTing Du
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, China Medical University, Shenyang, China
J Neurochem 115:1007-23. 2010..of the former of these pathways required micromolar concentrations of the β(1)/β(2) -adrenergic agonist isoproterenol, that acted on β(1)-adrenoceptors, whereas the latter was activated already by nanomolar concentrations, ..
- IL-17 induces myocardial fibrosis and enhances RANKL/OPG and MMP/TIMP signaling in isoproterenol-induced heart failureWeiwei Feng
Department of Cardiology, theFirst Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, Harbin, Heilongjiang, China
Exp Mol Pathol 87:212-8. 2009..of the MMP/TIMP system, the OPG/RANK/RANKL system, or type-I and type-III collagen fibers in a rat model of isoproterenol-induced heart failure (HF). We also investigated the effect of IL-17 on myocardial fibrosis in this model.
- Central role for ornithine decarboxylase in beta-adrenoceptor mediated hypertrophyK D Schluter
Physiologisches Institut, Justus Liebig Universitat, Giessen, Germany
Cardiovasc Res 45:410-7. 2000..TGF-beta stimulation of cardiac myocytes induces a hypertrophic responsiveness to beta-adrenoceptor stimulation. This study investigates whether this beta-adrenoceptor mediated effect depends on induction of ornithine decarboxylase (ODC)...
- Cardioprotective effect of oleanolic acid on isoproterenol-induced myocardial ischemia in ratsS Senthil
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Science, Annamalai University, Annamalai Nagar, Tamil Nadu 608 002, India
Toxicol Pathol 35:418-23. 2007This study was designed to investigate the protective effect of oleanolic acid (OA) against isoproterenol-induced myocardial ischemia in rat myocardium. Wistar strain rats were pretreated with OA (20, 40, and 60 mg/kg, s...
- Ryanodine receptor phosphorylation at Serine 2030, 2808 and 2814 in rat cardiomyocytesSabine Huke
Department of Physiology, Loyola University Chicago, Maywood, IL 60153, USA Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 376:80-5. 2008..During stimulation with Isoproterenol S2808 was phosphorylated by protein kinase A (PKA) and S2814 was phosphorylated by CaMKII...
- MicroRNA-1 downregulation by propranolol in a rat model of myocardial infarction: a new mechanism for ischaemic cardioprotectionYanjie Lu
Department of Pharmacology, Harbin Medical University, Harbin, Heilongjiang 150081, People s Republic of China
Cardiovasc Res 84:434-41. 2009..The present study was designed to investigate whether the beneficial effects of beta-blocker propranolol are related to regulation of microRNA miR-1...
- β2-Adrenergic receptor signaling in the cardiac myocyte is modulated by interactions with CXCR4Thomas J Larocca
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiovascular Research Center, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 56:548-59. 2010..physiology by inhibiting contractility in response to the nonselective β-adrenergic receptor (βAR) agonist, isoproterenol. As a result of the importance of β-adrenergic signaling in heart failure pathophysiology, we investigated ..
- Posttranscriptional regulation of the β2-subunit of cardiac L-type Ca2+ channels by MicroRNAs during long-term exposure to isoproterenol in ratsElba D Carrillo
Departamento de Farmacologia, Centro de Investigacion y de Estudios Avanzados, del Instituto Politécnico Nacional, Mexico, DF, Mexico
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 58:470-8. 2011..The effects of long-term β-adrenergic administration on the expression levels of the cardiac L-type Ca channel β2 subunit, which regulates channel trafficking and function, were characterized in adult rats...
- Mice lacking calsarcin-1 are sensitized to calcineurin signaling and show accelerated cardiomyopathy in response to pathological biomechanical stressNorbert Frey
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, Texas 75390 9148, USA
Nat Med 10:1336-43. 2004..These findings show important roles for calsarcins as modulators of calcineurin signaling and the transmission of a specific subset of stress signals leading to cardiac remodeling in vivo...
- Isoproterenol, TNFalpha, and insulin downregulate adipose triglyceride lipase in 3T3-L1 adipocytesSusan Kralisch
University of Leipzig, Department of Internal Medicine III, Leipzig, Germany
Mol Cell Endocrinol 240:43-9. 2005..adipocytes by quantitative real-time reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction after treatment with isoproterenol, tumor necrosis factor (TNF) alpha, insulin, and growth hormone (GH) which have been shown to influence ..
- Anti-beta1-adrenergic receptor autoantibodies are potent stimulators of the ERK1/2 pathway in cardiac cellsAntonio S Tutor
Departamento de Biologia Molecular and Centro de Biologia Molecular Severo Ochoa, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, 28049 Madrid, Spain
Cardiovasc Res 76:51-60. 2007....
- Identification of two serine residues involved in agonist activation of the beta-adrenergic receptorC D Strader
Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Biochemistry, Merck, Sharp, and Dohme Research Laboratories, Rahway, New Jersey 07065
J Biol Chem 264:13572-8. 1989....
- Coupling of beta2-adrenoceptor to Gi proteins and its physiological relevance in murine cardiac myocytesR P Xiao
Laboratory of Cardiovascular Science, Gerontology Research Center, National Institute on Aging, Baltimore, MD, USA
Circ Res 84:43-52. 1999..In contrast, beta2AR stimulation by zinterol or isoproterenol plus a selective beta1-adrenergic receptor (beta1AR) antagonist CGP 20712A failed to enhance the contractility ..
- Caveolae modulate excitation-contraction coupling and beta2-adrenergic signalling in adult rat ventricular myocytesSarah Calaghan
Research Institute of Membrane and Systems Biology, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9NQ, UK
Cardiovasc Res 69:816-24. 2006..We have tested the hypothesis that caveolae modulate excitation-contraction coupling (ECC) and beta-adrenergic stimulation in the adult cardiac myocyte...
- Immunodetection of phosphorylation sites gives new insights into the mechanisms underlying phospholamban phosphorylation in the intact heartC Mundina-Weilenmann
Centro de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares, Facultad de Ciencias Medicas, Universidad Nacional de La Plata, 60 y 120, 1900 La Plata, Argentina
J Biol Chem 271:33561-7. 1996..Immunological detection of phospholamban phosphorylation sites showed that the isoproterenol concentration-dependent increase in phospholamban phosphorylation was due to increases in phosphorylation of ..
- Regression of isoproterenol-induced cardiac hypertrophy by Na+/H+ exchanger inhibitionIrene L Ennis
Centro de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares, Facultad de Ciencias Medicas, UNLP 60 y 120 1900, La Plata, Argentina
Hypertension 41:1324-9. 2003..and cellular growth has been proposed, this study aimed to analyze the possible role of the antiporter in isoproterenol-induced cardiac hypertrophy...
- Gender differences in sarcoplasmic reticulum calcium loading after isoproterenolJarvis Chen
Laboratories of Signal Transduction, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 285:H2657-62. 2003..b>Isoproterenol increased SR Ca2+ in males from a baseline of 1.13 +/- 0.07 to 1.52 +/- 0.24 mM (P < 0.05)...
- Beta-adrenergic stimulation induces cardiac ankyrin repeat protein expression: involvement of protein kinase A and calmodulin-dependent kinaseOliver Zolk
Institut fur Experimentelle und Klinische Pharmakologie und Toxikologie, Friedrich Alexander Universitat Erlangen Nurnberg, Fahrstr 17, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Cardiovasc Res 59:563-72. 2003..The mechanism by which CARP expression is regulated and the consequences of CARP overexpression on cardiac contractility are unknown...
- Cardioprotective effect of mangiferin on isoproterenol induced myocardial infarction in ratsS Prabhu
Department of Biochemistry, University of Madras, Guindy Campus Chennai 600 025, India
Indian J Exp Biol 44:209-15. 2006b>Isoproterenol (ISPH) induced myocardial infarction was confirmed by disturbances in serum and heart tissue marker enzymes such as lactate dehydrogenase (LDH), creatine phospho kinase (CPK), aspartate transaminase (AST) and alanine ..
- Changes in vascular reactivity following administration of isoproterenol for 1 week: a role for endothelial modulationAna Paula C Davel
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, ICB, University of Sao Paulo, Av Professor Lineu Prestes, 1524, sala 101B, 05508 900 Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Br J Pharmacol 148:629-39. 20061. The aim of this study was to assess the effects of treatment with isoproterenol (ISO, 0.3 mg kg-1 day-1, s.c.) for 7 days on the vascular reactivity of rat-isolated aortic rings...
- Preventive effect of naringin on lipid peroxides and antioxidants in isoproterenol-induced cardiotoxicity in Wistar rats: biochemical and histopathological evidencesM Rajadurai
Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Annamalai University, Annamalainagar 608 002, Tamil Nadu, India
Toxicology 228:259-68. 2006..of naringin on lipid peroxides, enzymatic and nonenzymatic antioxidants and histopathological findings in isoproterenol (ISO)-induced myocardial infarction (MI) in rats...
- Functional consequence of protein kinase A-dependent phosphorylation of the cardiac ryanodine receptor: sensitization of store overload-induced Ca2+ releaseBailong Xiao
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta T2N 4N1, Canada
J Biol Chem 282:30256-64. 2007..In intact rat ventricular myocytes, the activation of PKA by isoproterenol reduced the amplitude and increased the frequency of SOICR...
- Negative regulation of beta-adrenergic function by hydrogen sulphide in the rat heartsQian Chen Yong
Cardiovascular Biology Research Group, Department of Pharmacology, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, Singapore
J Mol Cell Cardiol 44:701-10. 2008..We found that isoproterenol (ISO, 10(-9)-10(-6) M), a beta-adrenoceptor agonist, concentration-dependently increased the twitch amplitude ..
- Spatiotemporal dynamics of beta-adrenergic cAMP signals and L-type Ca2+ channel regulation in adult rat ventricular myocytes: role of phosphodiesterasesJérôme Leroy
INSERM U 769, Universite Paris Sud 11, Faculte de Pharmacie, 5, rue J B Clement, F 92296 Chatenay Malabry Cedex, France
Circ Res 102:1091-100. 2008..These results reveal temporally distinct beta-adrenergic receptor cAMP compartments in ARVMs and shed new light on the intricate roles of PDE3 and PDE4...
- Exercise training provides cardioprotection via a reduction in reactive oxygen species in rats submitted to myocardial infarction induced by isoproterenolMarisa J S Frederico
Exercise Biochemistry and Physiology Laboratory, University of Southern Santa Catarina, Criciuma, SC, Brazil
Free Radic Res 43:957-64. 2009..damage, antioxidant enzyme activity and injury in the myocardium of rats submitted to infarction induced by isoproterenol (ISO)...
- Isoproterenol-induced myocardial injury and diastolic dysfunction in mice: structural and functional correlatesWesley W Brooks
VA Boston Healthcare System and Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Comp Med 59:339-43. 2009The objective of this study was to determine whether a simple, noninvasive method involving administration of isoproterenol could be used to produce myocardial injury and cardiac dysfunction in the mouse heart with a low incidence of ..
- Ghrelin improves disturbed myocardial energy metabolism in rats with heart failure induced by isoproterenolJian ping Xu
Department of Physiology and Pathophysiology, Capital Medical University, Beijing 100069, China
J Pept Sci 16:392-402. 2010..Rats were subcutaneously injected with isoproterenol (ISO) for 10 days with or without ghrelin for another 10 days...
- Efficacy of hesperidin on plasma, heart and liver tissue lipids in rats subjected to isoproterenol-induced cardiotoxicityPalanisamy Selvaraj
Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Annamalai University, Annamalainagar 608002, Tamil Nadu, India
Exp Toxicol Pathol 64:449-52. 2012The present study examines the preventive role of hesperidin (HDN) on plasma, cardiac and hepatic lipids in isoproterenol (ISO)-induced rats...
- Spironolactone decreases isoproterenol-induced ventricular fibrosis and matrix metalloproteinase-2 in ratsYasutomo Hori
Laboratory of Small Animal Internal Medicine, School of Veterinary Medicine, Kitasato University, Towada, Aomori 034 8628, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 34:61-5. 2011..We investigated whether isoproterenol (ISO)-induced MMP expression/activity and cardiac fibrosis are mediated by spironolactone in rats...
- Fasudil hydrochloride hydrate, a Rho-kinase inhibitor, suppresses isoproterenol-induced heart failure in rats via JNK and ERK1/2 pathwaysNa Wang
Department of Pharmacology, School of Basic Medicine, Heibei Medical University, Shijiazhuang 050091, Hebei, China
J Cell Biochem 112:1920-9. 2011..of RhoA/ROCK and its down-stream signaling pathways remains elusive, and the mechanism of ROCK-mediated isoproterenol (ISO)-induced heart failure is still not thoroughly understood...
- Regulation of the expression of the avian uncoupling protein 3 by isoproterenol and fatty acids in chick myoblasts: possible involvement of AMPK and PPARalpha?Romain Joubert
INRA, UR83 Recherches Avicoles, F 37380 Nouzilly, France
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 301:R201-8. 2011..We recently demonstrated that UCP3 mRNA expression was increased by isoproterenol (Iso), a β-agonist, in chicken Pectoralis major...
- Membrane sealant Poloxamer P188 protects against isoproterenol induced cardiomyopathy in dystrophin deficient miceChristopher F Spurney
Children s National Heart Institute, Division of Cardiology, Children s National Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 11:20. 2011..The absence of dystrophin leads to loss of membrane integrity, cell death and fibrosis in cardiac muscle. Treatment of cardiomyocyte membrane instability could help prevent cardiomyopathy...
- N-acetylcysteine offers cardioprotection by decreasing cardiac lipid hydroperoxides and 8-isoprostane level in isoproterenol-induced cardiotoxicity in ratsNagaraja Haleagrahara
Human Biology Division, School of Medicine, International Medical University, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Cardiovasc Toxicol 11:373-81. 2011This study investigated the cardioprotective effect of N-acetylcysteine (NAC) on isoproterenol (ISO)-induced cardiotoxicity in rats...
- Nitric oxide synthase inhibition abrogates hydrogen sulfide-induced cardioprotection in miceBhavesh Sojitra
Division of Pharmacology and Chemical Biology, Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, Hyderabad, India
Mol Cell Biochem 360:61-9. 2012..Typical characteristics of myocardial injury induced by isoproterenol (ISO) administration was significantly (P ≤ 0...
- beta-Adrenergic receptor stimulation of L-type Ca2+ channels in rabbit portal vein myocytes involves both alphas and betagamma G protein subunitsJ Zhong
Department of Physiology and Cell Biology, University of Nevada School of Medicine, Reno, NV 89557, USA
J Physiol 531:105-15. 2001..5 microM isoproterenol (isoprenaline; ISO) when measured using the whole-cell patch clamp method (53 +/- 3 % increase, n = 15)...
- Activation of endogenous GABAA channels on airway smooth muscle potentiates isoproterenol-mediated relaxationGeorge Gallos
Dept of Anesthesiology, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia Univ, 650 W 168 St, P and S Box 46, New York, NY, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 295:L1040-7. 2008..or beta-ala neurokinin A, followed by relaxation induced by cumulatively increasing concentrations of isoproterenol (1 nM to 1 muM) in the absence or presence of the selective GABA(A) agonist muscimol (10-100 muM)...
- Mechanisms of metformin inhibiting lipolytic response to isoproterenol in primary rat adipocytesTingting Zhang
Department of Physiology and Pathophysiology, Peking University Health Science Center, 38 Xueyuan Road, Beijing 100191, China
J Mol Endocrinol 42:57-66. 2009..at 250-500 microM efficiently attenuated FFA and glycerol release from the adipocytes stimulated with 1 microM isoproterenol. To elucidate the basis for this antilipolytic action, we showed that metformin decreased cellular cAMP ..
- The negative inotropic effect of beta3-adrenoceptor stimulation is mediated by activation of a nitric oxide synthase pathway in human ventricleC Gauthier
Laboratoire de Physiopathologie et Pharmacologie Cellulaires et Moléculaires, INSERM CJF 96 01, CHU de Nantes, 44322 Nantes, France
J Clin Invest 102:1377-84. 1998..Changes in the expression of this pathway may alter the balance between positive and negative inotropic effects of catecholamines on the heart potentially leading to myocardial dysfunction...
- A beta2 adrenergic receptor signaling complex assembled with the Ca2+ channel Cav1.2M A Davare
Department of Pharmacology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Science 293:98-101. 2001..The assembly of this signaling complex provides a mechanism that ensures specific and rapid signaling by a G protein-coupled receptor...
- Effect of isoproterenol on lipid peroxidation and antioxidant enzymes of myocardial tissue of mice and protection by quinidineAindrila Chattopadhyay
Department of Life Science and Biotechnology, Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India
Mol Cell Biochem 245:43-9. 2003Administration of isoproterenol to mice at a dose of 30 mg/100 g body weight for 3 consecutive days at an interval of 24 h induced lipid peroxidation in cardiac tissue and exhibited a significantly elevated serum glutamate oxaloacetate ..
- Cardiac oxidative stress in acute and chronic isoproterenol-infused ratsGuo Xing Zhang
Department of Pharmacology, Kagawa University Medical School, 1750 1 Ikenobe, Miki, Kagawa 761 0793, Japan
Cardiovasc Res 65:230-8. 2005..This study aimed to clarify the role of reactive oxygen species (ROS) in mitogen-activated protein (MAP) kinase activation and tissue remodeling of the heart of isoproterenol (ISO)-infused rats.
- Inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate supports the arrhythmogenic action of endothelin-1 on ventricular cardiac myocytesAndrew Proven
Calcium Group, Laboratory of Molecular Signalling, Babraham Institute, Babraham, Cambridge, CB2 4AT, UK
J Cell Sci 119:3363-75. 2006..The effects of endothelin-1 were compared with two other stimuli, isoproterenol and digoxin, which are known to induce inotropy and spontaneous Ca2+ transients by overloading intracellular ..
- Efficacy of grape seed proanthocyanidins on serum and heart tissue lipids in rats subjected to isoproterenol-induced myocardial injuryK Karthikeyan
Department of Biochemistry, University of Madras, Guindy Campus, Chennai 600 025, India
Vascul Pharmacol 47:295-301. 2007..to evaluate the preventive role of grape seed proanthocyanidins (GSPs) on serum and tissue lipid enzymes in isoproterenol (ISO)-induced myocardial injury in male Wistar albino rats...
- Investigation of effects of Lacidipine, Ramipril and Valsartan on DNA damage and oxidative stress occurred in acute and chronic periods following isoproterenol-induced myocardial infarct in ratsMevlut Sait Keles
Department of Biochemistry, Ataturk University, Erzurum, Turkey
Mol Cell Biochem 328:109-17. 2009..RAM) and Valsartan (VAL) on DNA damage and oxidative stress occurred in acute and chronic periods after isoproterenol (ISO)-induced myocardial infarct (MI) were investigated in rats...
- Curcumin protects rat myocardium against isoproterenol-induced ischemic injury: attenuation of ventricular dysfunction through increased expression of Hsp27 along with strengthening antioxidant defense systemVineeta Tanwar
Cardiovascular Laboratory, Department of Pharmacology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 55:377-84. 2010This investigation examines the role of heat shock protein (Hsp) 27 and its modulation by curcumin in isoproterenol-induced myocardial ischemic injury in rats...
- Human brain synembryn interacts with Gsalpha and Gqalpha and is translocated to the plasma membrane in response to isoproterenol and carbacholCarla Klattenhoff
Departamento de Biologia Molecular, Facultad de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidad de Concepcion, Concepcion, Chile
J Cell Physiol 195:151-7. 2003..Furthermore, synembryn was shown to translocate to the plasma membrane in response to carbachol and isoproterenol. This study supports recent findings in C...
- Silibinin protects rat cardiac myocyte from isoproterenol-induced DNA damage independent on regulation of cell cycleBei Zhou
China Japan Research Institute of Medical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, Shenyang, China
Biol Pharm Bull 29:1900-5. 2006..study demonstrated that silibinin has protected rat cardiac myocytes against beta-adrenergic agonist isoproterenol-induced injury through resuming mitochondrial function and regulating the expression of SIRT1 and Bcl-2 family ..
- Increased susceptibility to isoproterenol-induced cardiac hypertrophy and impaired weight gain in mice lacking the histidine-rich calcium-binding proteinEric J Jaehnig
Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 2240, USA
Mol Cell Biol 26:9315-26. 2006..HRC null mice displayed a significantly exaggerated response to the induction of cardiac hypertrophy by isoproterenol compared to their wild-type littermates...
- Metabolomic profiling of rat serum associated with isoproterenol-induced myocardial infarction using ultra-performance liquid chromatography/time-of-flight mass spectrometry and multivariate analysisHong yang Zhang
School of Chemistry and Molecular Engineering, East China University of Science and Technology, Shanghai 200237, China
Talanta 79:254-9. 2009..UPLC/TOF-MS)-based metabolomic approach was developed to characterize the metabolic profile associated with isoproterenol (ISO)-induced myocardial infarction (MI)...
- Effects of corticosterone and the beta-agonist isoproterenol on glutamate receptor-mediated synaptic currents in the rat basolateral amygdalaLutz Liebmann
SILS CNS, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Neurosci 30:800-7. 2009..synaptic responses of identified BLA neurons are affected by relatively low concentrations of the beta-agonist isoproterenol, how this is influenced by concomitant application of corticosterone, and how isoproterenol effects are ..
- Tanshinone IIA protects against cardiac hypertrophy via inhibiting calcineurin/NFATc3 pathwayXueying Tan
Department of Pharmacology, State Province Key Laboratories of Biomedicine Pharmaceutics of China, Harbin Medical University, Harbin 150081, Heilongjiang Province, China
Int J Biol Sci 7:383-9. 2011..The present study was aimed to investigate whether Tanshinone IIA prevents cardiac hypertrophy induced by isoproterenol (ISO) and to clarify its possible mechanisms...
- Garlic provides protection to mice heart against isoproterenol-induced oxidative damage: role of nitric oxideTarak Nath Khatua
Division of Pharmacology and Chemical Biology, Indian Institute of Chemical Technology IICT, Hyderabad 500607, India
Nitric Oxide 27:9-17. 2012..p. for last 7 days) before inducing acute myocardial infarction by isoproterenol (s.c. injection of isoproterenol 150 mgkg(-1)day(-1) for 2 days) and sacrificed after 48 h...
- Molecular mechanism of beta-adrenergic receptor blockers with intrinsic sympathomimetic activityJ R Jasper
Department of Pharmacology, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093
FASEB J 2:2891-4. 1988..The KI values observed for inhibition of isoproterenol-stimulated cAMP accumulation or of beta AR [( 125I]iodocyanopindolol) binding for each of the beta blockers ..
- Phosphorylation and activation of hormone-sensitive adipocyte phosphodiesterase type 3BE Degerman
Section for Molecular Signalling, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Methods 14:43-53. 1998..In rat adipocytes, lipolytic hormones and other agents that increase cAMP, including isoproterenol, also induce rapid phosphorylation, presumably catalyzed by PKA, of serine-302 of PDE3B...
- Intrinsic sympathomimetic activity of (-)-pindolol mediated through a (-)-propranolol-resistant site of the beta1-adrenoceptor in human atrium and recombinant receptorsShirin S Joseph
Department of Physiology, University of Cambridge, Downing Street, CB2 3EG, Cambridge, UK
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 368:496-503. 2003..In contrast, (-)-pindolol blocks the effects of catecholamines through a high-affinity site of the beta(1)-adrenoceptor. beta(3)-Adrenoceptors are not involved in the atrial effects of (-)-pindolol...
- Frequency- and afterload-dependent cardiac modulation in vivo by troponin I with constitutively active protein kinase A phosphorylation sitesEiki Takimoto
Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Circ Res 94:496-504. 2004..02), whereas contractile responses to afterload were similar between these strains. Isoproterenol treatment eliminated the differential force-frequency and afterload response between TnIDD22,23 and controls...
- Isoproterenol-induced myocardial infarction in rabbits. Protection by propranolol or labetalol: a proposed non-invasive procedureArnaldo Pinelli
Department of Pharmacology, University of Milan, Via Vanvitelli 32, 20129 Milan, Italy
Eur J Pharm Sci 23:277-85. 2004..As it has been reported that isoproterenol can cause ischemic myocardial alterations, lipid peroxide generation and procoagulant activity, we ..
- Ser-2030, but not Ser-2808, is the major phosphorylation site in cardiac ryanodine receptors responding to protein kinase A activation upon beta-adrenergic stimulation in normal and failing heartsBailong Xiao
Cardiovascular Research Group, Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Biochem J 396:7-16. 2006..Furthermore, we found that the phosphorylation of Ser-2030 responded to isoproterenol (isoprenaline) stimulation in rat cardiac myocytes in a concentration- and time-dependent manner, whereas Ser-..
- Preventive effect of naringin on isoproterenol-induced cardiotoxicity in Wistar rats: an in vivo and in vitro studyM Rajadurai
Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Annamalai University, Annamalainagar 608002, Tamil Nadu, India
Toxicology 232:216-25. 2007..triphosphatase (Mg(2+) ATPase) and glycoproteins such as hexose, hexosamine, fucose and sialic acid in isoproterenol (ISO)-induced myocardial infarction (MI) in rats and in vitro free radical scavenging assay...
- Isoproterenol-induced cardiotoxicity in sprague-dawley rats: correlation of reversible and irreversible myocardial injury with release of cardiac troponin T and roles of iNOS in myocardial injuryJun Zhang
Division of Applied Pharmacology Research, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, United States Food and Drug Administration, Silver Spring, Maryland 20993 0002, USA
Toxicol Pathol 36:277-8. 2008The present study was undertaken to characterize myocardial lesions in the rat induced by low doses of isoproterenol (Iso) and to correlate lesion severity with release of cardiac troponin T (cTnT) and changes in myocyte iNOS expression...
- Effect of pre-contraction on β-adrenoceptor-mediated relaxation of rat urinary bladderMartin Christian Michel
Department of Pharmacology and Pharmacotherapy, Academic Medical Centre, University of Amsterdam, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
World J Urol 27:711-5. 2009....
- Pharmacodynamic interaction of captopril with garlic in isoproterenol-induced myocardial damage in ratSyed Mohammed Basheeruddin Asdaq
Department of Pharmacology, Krupanidhi College of Pharmacy, Bangalore, India
Phytother Res 24:720-5. 2010..the purpose of the current study was to evaluate the possible pharmacodynamic interaction of GH with CAP on isoproterenol (ISO)-induced myocardial damage in rat...
- Melatonin protects against isoproterenol-induced myocardial injury in the rat: antioxidative mechanismsDebasri Mukherjee
Department of Physiology, University of Calcutta, Kolkata, India
J Pineal Res 48:251-62. 2010The present study was undertaken to explore the protective effect of melatonin against isoproterenol bitartrate (ISO)-induced myocardial injury in rat...
- Regulation of fat specific protein 27 by isoproterenol and TNF-α to control lipolysis in murine adipocytesSrijana Ranjit
Program in Molecular Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
J Lipid Res 52:221-36. 2011..Thus, we tested the hypothesis that lipolytic agents such as tumor necrosis factor-α (TNF-α) and isoproterenol modulate FSP27 levels to regulate FFA release...
- Impaired isoproterenol-induced hyperpolarization in isolated mesenteric arteries of aged ratsK Fujii
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Hypertension 34:222-8. 1999..We sought to determine the ionic mechanisms of isoproterenol-induced hyperpolarization in the rat mesenteric resistance artery, as well as the age-related changes in ..
- Protein kinase A hyperphosphorylation increases basal current but decreases beta-adrenergic responsiveness of the sarcolemmal Na+-Ca2+ exchanger in failing pig myocytesShao Kui Wei
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, A3060, 4301 Jones Bridge Rd, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
Circ Res 92:897-903. 2003..NCX current was measured in myocytes from HF and control animals in the basal state or in the presence of isoproterenol, forskolin, 8-Br-cAMP, okadaic acid, or protein phosphatase type 1...
- Role of AT1 receptor in isoproterenol-induced cardiac hypertrophy and oxidative stress in miceGuo Xing Zhang
Department of Pharmacology, Kagawa University Medical School, 1750 1 Ikenobe, Miki, Kagawa 761 0793, Japan
J Mol Cell Cardiol 42:804-11. 2007..b>Isoproterenol (ISO) was given to C57BL mice with or without ARB (olmesartan) treatment and to AT1aR(-/-) mice by a ..
- Steroids completely reverse albuterol-induced beta(2)-adrenergic receptor tolerance in human small airwaysPhilip R Cooper
Department of Medicine and the Airways Biology Initiative, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 122:734-40. 2008..The precise mechanisms that induce beta(2)-AR tolerance remain unclear...
- Mesenchymal stem cell transplantation attenuates cardiac fibrosis associated with isoproterenol-induced global heart failureLili Li
Department of Cardiology, The Second Affiliated Hospital, Harbin Medical University, Harbin, Heilongjiang, China
Transpl Int 21:1181-9. 2008..Global heart failure was induced in Wistar rats by isoproterenol injection...
- Cardioprotective activity of Cladosiphon okamuranus fucoidan against isoproterenol induced myocardial infarction in ratsPaul Thomes
Centre for Advanced Studies in Botany, University of Madras, Chennai, India
Phytomedicine 18:52-7. 2010..In this study, cardioprotective activity of fucoidan extracted from Cladosiphon okamuranus was evaluated in isoproterenol induced myocardial infarction in rats...
- Mechanisms underlying regional differences in lipolysis in human adipose tissueH Wahrenberg
Department of Medicine, Huddinge Hospital, Sweden
J Clin Invest 84:458-67. 1989..Further variations in the affinity properties of alpha 2-adrenergic receptor in females may explain why the regional differences in catecholamine-induced lipolysis are more pronounced in women than in men...
- Cardioprotective effect of grape seed proanthocyanidins on isoproterenol-induced myocardial injury in ratsK Karthikeyan
Department of Biochemistry, University of Madras, Guindy Campus, Chennai 600 025, India
Int J Cardiol 115:326-33. 2007To investigate whether grape seed proanthocyanidins (GSP) might protect the heart against myocardial injury (MI) induced by isoproterenol (ISO), in a rat model.
- Metformin reduces lipolysis in primary rat adipocytes stimulated by tumor necrosis factor-alpha or isoproterenolTingting Ren
Department of Physiology and Pathophysiology, Peking University Health Science Center, 38 Xueyuan Road, Beijing 100083, China
J Mol Endocrinol 37:175-83. 2006..The acute lipolytic response to adrenergic stimulation of isoproterenol was also restricted by metformin...
- Preventive effect of naringin on cardiac markers, electrocardiographic patterns and lysosomal hydrolases in normal and isoproterenol-induced myocardial infarction in Wistar ratsM Rajadurai
Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Annamalai University, Annamalainagar 608002, Tamil Nadu, India
Toxicology 230:178-88. 2007..LDH)-isoenzyme, cardiac marker enzymes, electrocardiographic (ECG)-patterns and lysosomal enzymes in isoproterenol (ISO)-induced myocardial infarction (MI) in male Wistar rats...
- Regulation of L-type calcium channel and delayed rectifier potassium channel activity by p21-activated kinase-1 in guinea pig sinoatrial node pacemaker cellsYunbo Ke
Department of Physiology and Biophysics and Center for Cardiovascular Research, University of Illinois at Chicago, IL, USA
Circ Res 100:1317-27. 2007..We report a novel role of Pak1-mediated signaling in attenuating isoproterenol-induced enhancement of L-type Ca(2+) current (I(CaL)) and delayed rectifier potassium current (I(K)) in guinea ..
- Phosphorylation of the beta2-adrenergic receptor in plasma membranes by intrinsic GRK5Tuan M Tran
The University of Texas Health Science Center Houston, P O Box 20708, Houston, Texas 77225, USA
Biochemistry 46:14438-49. 2007..Treatment of these cell-free preparations with 1.0 microM isoproterenol (ISO) caused a rapid maximal 10-15-fold increase in GRK site phosphorylation of the beta2AR (t1/2 = 1 min) ..
- Alcohol-free red wine inhibits isoproterenol-induced cardiac remodeling in rats by the regulation of Akt1 and protein kinase C alpha/beta IIAnita Palfi
Division of Cardiology, First Department of Medicine, Medical School of Pecs, University of Pecs, Pecs, Hungary
J Nutr Biochem 20:418-25. 2009..To test this assumption, rats were treated with isoproterenol (ISO) to induce postinfarction remodeling and were given tap water or AFRW ad libitum for 8 weeks...
- Phosphatase inhibitor-1-deficient mice are protected from catecholamine-induced arrhythmias and myocardial hypertrophyAli El-Armouche
Institute of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Martinistrasse 52, 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Cardiovasc Res 80:396-406. 2008..I-1 is downregulated in failing hearts and thus contributes to beta-adrenergic desensitization. It is unclear whether this should be viewed as a predominantly adverse or protective response...
- miR-9 and NFATc3 regulate myocardin in cardiac hypertrophyKun Wang
Division of Cardiovascular Research, National Key Laboratory of Biomembrane and Membrane Biotechnology, Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100101, China
J Biol Chem 285:11903-12. 2010..Our results show that myocardin expression is elevated in response to hypertrophic stimulation with isoproterenol and aldosterone...
- Phosphoinositide 3-kinase gamma-deficient mice are protected from isoproterenol-induced heart failureGavin Y Oudit
Department of Physiology, University Health Network, University of Toronto, 620 University Ave, Toronto, Ontario M5G 2C1, Canada
Circulation 108:2147-52. 2003..Signaling via the G-protein-coupled beta-adrenergic receptors has been implicated in cardiac hypertrophy and heart failure, suggesting that PI3Kgamma might play a role in the pathogenesis of heart disease...
- Bilateral injection of isoproterenol into hippocampus induces Alzheimer-like hyperphosphorylation of tau and spatial memory deficit in ratLi Sun
Department of Pathophysiology, Institute of Neuroscience, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, 13 Hang Kong Road, Wuhan 430030, PR China
FEBS Lett 579:251-8. 2005..Here, we show that injection of isoproterenol, an activator of cAMP-dependent kinase (PKA), into rat hippocampus bilaterally results in the activation of ..
- Extracellular ubiquitin: role in myocyte apoptosis and myocardial remodelingKrishna Singh; Fiscal Year: 2010..by MALDI TOF and MS/MS, we identified ubiquitin in the conditioned media of ARVMs treated with ?-AR agonist, isoproterenol. Western blot analysis confirmed increased levels of ubiquitin in the conditioned media, and in the serum of ..
- Mechanisms regulating SR Ca2+ ATPase in the AtriaMuthu Periasamy; Fiscal Year: 2012..Interestingly, the inhibitory effect of SLN was relieved upon isoproterenol treatment and stimulation at high frequency...
- Joseph Y Cheung; Fiscal Year: 2014..By contrast, when myocytes are Na+ loaded by rapid pacing and isoproterenol treatment, PLM limits inotropic response to b-adrenergic stimulation by enhancing Na+-K+-ATPase activity...
- Gender Specific Complications of Diabetic Autonomic Neuropathy: A New Mouse ModelJONAS BERNARD GALPER; Fiscal Year: 2010..as demonstrated by the development of hyperglycemia, proteinuria and a decreased parasympathetic inhibition of Isoproterenol-stimulated L-type Ca2+ currents, and that estrogen reverses this effect 2) that estrogen replacement protects ..
- MOLECULAR PROGRAMMING OF SALIVARY GLAND GENE EXPRESSIONDavid K Ann; Fiscal Year: 2013..experimental plan is based, (2) Determine the contribution of autophagy to homeostatic control using a chronic isoproterenol- injection model and to salivary acinar cell death and regeneration using a submandibular ductal ligation/de- ..
- TYLER PAUL RASMUSSEN; Fiscal Year: 2016..with the antagonist drug, RU360, blocks isolated SAN cells from increasing beating frequency in response to isoproterenol, a [unreadable]-adrenergic receptor agonist...
- Chemokine receptor-4 regulation of Beta adrenergic-mediated calcium channelSima T Tarzami; Fiscal Year: 2012..activation prevents the increase in diastolic intracellular calcium levels due to sustained exposure to isoproterenol (ISO), a non-specific 2-adrenergic agonist...
- MICHAEL SETH KAPILOFF; Fiscal Year: 2014..deleted using a cardiac-specific cre transgene, and both unstressed, aging mice and mice subjected to chronic isoproterenol infusion, transverse aortic constriction and myocardial infarction will be studied...
- Benjamin D Levine; Fiscal Year: 2016..command") from static handgrip at 40% maximal voluntary contraction to fatigue;b) incremental doses of isoproterenol in the face of ganglionic blockade to isolate [unreadable] adrenergic responsiveness without reflex ..
- Regulation of Proteasome Function in CardiomyopathiesSharlene M Day; Fiscal Year: 2013..phosphorylation in two mouse models - dilated cardiomyopathy induced by myocardial infarction and chronic isoproterenol administration...
- Beta-Adrenergic Receptor Modulation of Insulin SignalingRobert Walker; Fiscal Year: 2012..be cultured in DMEM medium grown in high glucose (25mM) or low glucose (5mM) conditions, and treated with 10uM isoproterenol followed by various analyses of insulin signaling and apoptosis...
- Dean Sheppard; Fiscal Year: 2014..of [unreadable]9[unreadable]1 on responses of airway smooth muscle to multiple contractile agonists and to isoproterenol-induced relaxation using 4 parallel experimental systems (in vivo AHR, tracheal ring contraction, airway ..
- PKA targeting: A novel mechanism for GPCR resensitizationSULEIMAN WAKIM BAHOUTH; Fiscal Year: 2012..The human [unreadable]1-AR is internalized in response to [unreadable]-agonists such as isoproterenol, followed by recycling (i.e. re-insertion back into the membrane) and resensitization of its signaling pathway...
- Michael J Joyner; Fiscal Year: 2016..in our laboratory to explore the following specific aims: Aim 1 will test whether forearm vasodilation to isoproterenol is blunted in postmenopausal women compared to young women, and whether this blunted vasodilation is due to a ..
- The role of dynamic changes in repolarization and calcium transients in Long QT rBum Rak Choi; Fiscal Year: 2013..to investigate the adaptation of Ca2+ transients and APD to heart rate changes with or without infusion of isoproterenol to identify the pattern of cycle length change that can augment Ca2+ overload and APD dispersion...
- Novel Topical Therapy for Diabetic Retinopathy using Beta-Adrenergic Receptor AgoJena J Steinle; Fiscal Year: 2011..Unfortunately, topical isoproterenol has a narrow dose range and is not a commercially viable product...
- Mark E Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2016..MCU inhibition are viable and our preliminary data show they are resistant to myocardial death after isoproterenol infusion. Here we propose to establish how MCU inhibition contributes to myocardial physiology and disease...
- GASTRIC ACID SECRETION AND BUFFER CONTENT AFTER EATINGMark Feldman; Fiscal Year: 1991..determine whether two classes of pharmacologic agents, a GABA agonist (progabide) or beta-adrenergic agonists (isoproterenol or terbutaline) reduce gastric acid secretion in humans and animals; to compare soy protein with meat protein ..
- Excitation-contraction coupling in human ventricle developmentMary B Wagner; Fiscal Year: 2012..SA5: We hypothesize that newborn ventricular cells have smaller ICa and are less sensitive to isoproterenol than infant cells and propose these developmental changes correlate with inhibitory G protein levels...
- Stress-Induced Noradrenergic Dysregulation of Neuroinflammation &HPA ResponsesJohn D Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2013..exposed to chronic stress have significantly greater IL-1 production following central administration of isoproterenol (a beta-AR agonist) compared to control animals...
- From Fear Reactions to Instrumental Action: Brain Regions and Beta BlockersCHRISTOPHER KENNETH CAIN; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will test this by injecting propranolol or isoproterenol into CE and assessing conditioned fear and AA in rats...
- Influence of the Cardiomyocyte Circadian Clock on Cardiac HypertrophyMARTIN ELLIOT YOUNG; Fiscal Year: 2013..Consistent with this hypothesis, preliminary studies in our laboratory show that isoproterenol induced cardiac growth and expression of hypertrophic markers (e.g...
- CALCIUM AND CONTROL OF RENIN SECRETIONJohn Fray; Fiscal Year: 1990..upon the above hypothesis, in Free Calcium and RS are obtained in response to pressure (stretch), adenosine, isoproterenol and forskolin, angiotensin II, and ADH, organic Ca-channel blockers (nitrendipine, verapamil, diltiazem, and D-..
- James N Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2016..variability in both gene module expression patterns and phenotypic response to chronic cardiac stress (isoproterenol)...
- NEUROGENIC INFLUENCES ON LUNG FLUID AND SOLUTE EXCHANGEFred Minnear; Fiscal Year: 1990..permeability-increasing effects of excessive alpha-adrenergic stimulation, beta adrenergic agonists such as isoproterenol or terbutaline attenuate the edema that various agents can produce in peripheral and pulmonary vascular beds...
- A Systems Approach to Uncover Novel Genes and Networks in Heart FailureYibin Wang; Fiscal Year: 2012..With precisely administered chronic treatment of isoproterenol, a non-selective betaAR agonist, we will be able to quantitatively inflict a pathological insult in a ..
- REGULATION OF INDUCIBLE RAT SALIVARY CYSTATINGurrinder Bedi; Fiscal Year: 1990..2 cystatin has been very recently purified and sequenced by us from the saliva and submandibular glands of isoproterenol treated rats...
- EFFECT OF CASTRATION+/-ESTROGEN ON THE CORPUS CAVERNOSUMGregory Broderick; Fiscal Year: 1993..by exposing corporal tissue strips to a variety of autonomic agonists and antagonists including phentolamine, isoproterenol, methoxamine, propranolol, bethanechol, atropine and ATP...
- Central betal adrenergic receptors and behaviorHan Ting Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2004..This will be accomplished by testing the effects of the non-selective beta adrenergic receptor agonist isoproterenol, selective beta-1and beta-2 adrenergic agonists dobutamine and clenbuterol, respectively, and the ..
- GENE EXPRESSION OF SALIVARY GLAND SPECIFIC GENESDavid Ann; Fiscal Year: 1993..and (2) to determine how this expression is modulated in response to regulatory input from beta- agonist, isoproterenol. An understanding of the activation of tissue- specific gene expression is not only of fundamental biological ..
- REGULATION AND STRUCTURE OF PROLYL-TRNA SYNTHETASEDAVID DIGNAM; Fiscal Year: 1993..The submandibular gland of most rodents undergoes a dramatic hypertrophy when the animal is treated with isoproterenol or tannins...
- Role of ATM in Cardiac Myocyte Loss and Myocardial RemodelingKrishna Singh; Fiscal Year: 2009..determine in vivo the role of ATM in myocardial remodeling using (WT) and ATM deficient mice subjected to A) isoproterenol infusion, B) myocardial infarction...
- bZIP Repression of Adrenergic Receptor RNA in NeuronsCURTIS MACHIDA; Fiscal Year: 2006..Furthermore, the central administration of (beta-AR agonist isoproterenol in the brain induces antidepressant-like effects in the rat, and appears to specifically involve the (beta1-AR ..
- SELECTIVE AGGREGATION AND SORTING OF SALIVARY PROTEINSDouglas Darling; Fiscal Year: 2007..These Aims will employ isoproterenol treatment to overexpress acidic and basic PRPs in rat parotid glands combined with in vitro tissue culture ..
- VIRAL-AUTONOMIC INTERACTIONS IN THE TRACHEACheryl Killingsworth; Fiscal Year: 1991..Beta adrenergic activity will be investigated by examining the dose response to local infusion of isoproterenol and the response to stimulation of the cervical sympathetic nerves...
- PROTO-ONCOGENES IN CARDIAC TISSUESTibor Barka; Fiscal Year: 1992..in the heart, and will correlate the expressions of these three genes with cardiac necrosis produced by isoproterenol. The underlying major hypothesis of this proposal is that in the heart the expression of c-fos, c-myc, and c-..
- SIGNAL TRANSDUCTION IN PAROTID ACINAR CELLSPURUSHOTHAM KARNAM; Fiscal Year: 1993Chronic administration of the beta-adrenergic agonist isoproterenol induces parotid gland hypertrophy and hyperplasia in the rat...
- TISSUE-SPECIFIC GENE REGULATION IN PAROTID GLANDSDON CARLSON; Fiscal Year: 1991..the unusual differences in cell-free translation patterns of RNAs isolated from various mouse strains after isoproterenol treatment, (5) synthesising chemically the tandemly repeated peptide of the proline-rich glycoprotein GP66sm, (..
- PSYCHONEUROIMMUNOLOGY--MODULATION OF T CELL FUNCTIONTHOMAS ROSZMAN; Fiscal Year: 1999..to phytohemagglutinin (PHA) and anti-T3 monoclonal antibody (mab) in presence of the beta adrenergic agonist isoproterenol (ISO)...
- PSYCHONEUROIMMUNOLOGY: MODULATION OF T-CELL FUNCTIONTHOMAS ROSZMAN; Fiscal Year: 1993..to phytohemagglutinin (PHA) and anti-T3 monoclonal antibody (mab) in presence of the beta adrenergic agonist isoproterenol (ISO)...
- ROLE OF PROTEIN PHOSPHORYLATION IN CULTURED HEART CELLSBruce Liang; Fiscal Year: 1990..are to determine whether: 1) a subunit of the cardiac calcium channel becomes phosphorylated in response to isoproterenol and mediates the increase in calcium influx (measured as 45Ca++ influx rate) and contractility; 2) a close ..
- Adrenergic Receptor Mechanisms in Antidepressant TherapyCURTIS MACHIDA; Fiscal Year: 2004..region (UTR) of the rat 61- AR mRNAs, and that HuR becomes induced in the presence of beta-AR agonist isoproterenol, resulting in the acceleration of _I-AR transcript degradation...
- ELECTROCONVULSIVE SHOCK EFFECTS ON BRAIN RECEPTORSKenneth Kellar; Fiscal Year: 1990..and antidepressant drugs on the increased number of beta-adrenergic receptors by measuring ligand binding and isoproterenol-stimulated cyclic AMP production in brain...
- The Role of Epinephrine in Neurally Mediated SyncopeSatish Raj; Fiscal Year: 2009..A beta adreneroreceptor agonist similar to epinephrine, isoproterenol is commonly used clincially to induce neurally mediated syncope...
- TARGETED ABLATION AND ALTERATION OF PHOSPHOLAMBANEvangelia Kranias; Fiscal Year: 2003..to be phosphorylated in vivo by both cAMP-dependent and Ca2+- calmodulin-dependent protein kinases during isoproterenol stimulation of intact hearts...
- OPIATE/AUTONOMIC INTERACTIONS IN THE CIRCULATORY SYSTEMJAMES CAFFREY; Fiscal Year: 1991..In isolated hearts, naloxone enhances the intensity and duration of contractile responses to isoproterenol 100% and 1000% respectively...
- ETHNIC DIFFERENCES IN AUTONOMIC CARDIOVASCULAR CONTROLAlastair Wood; Fiscal Year: 2000..and more recently, our observations 1) that forearm vascular responses to the beta- adrenergic agonist, isoproterenol are attenuated in normotensive African- Americans and 2) that ethnicity and gender both influence the ..
- CREATINE KINASE AND ENERGY METABOLISM HOMEOSTASISHOWARD WEINBERGER; Fiscal Year: 1999..When a heart from one of these mice is subjected to acute isoproterenol infusion (high ATP flux), there appears to be an "uncoupling" of ATP and creatine phosphate...
- Proposed Role for Neuronal Serotonin N-acetyltransferaseHari Manev; Fiscal Year: 2006..CON), b) established primary CON cultures in which AANAT mRNA is normally expressed and is up-regulated by isoproterenol, c) demonstrated that CON cultures treated with 3H-labeled serotonin synthesize NAS, and d) found that in ..
- Glucocorticoid-induced bone loss via Beta2-adrenergic signaling in osteoblastsFlorent Elefteriou; Fiscal Year: 2007..dexamethasone induces ??AR expression in osteoblasts, 2) the Adr?2 promoter contains GRE-binding sites and 3) isoproterenol, a bAR agonist, exacerbates corticosterone-induced bone loss in WT mice in vivo...
- CARDIAC A1-ADENOSINE RECEPTOR RESERVEJohn Shryock; Fiscal Year: 2000..Abstract) Recent studies in the applicants' laboratory revealed that the potency of adenosine to inhibit isoproterenol-stimulated L-type calcium inward current (beta-ICa,L) of atrial myocytes is 12-fold higher than to activate ..
- High glucose and arteriolar Kv channelsDavid Gutterman; Fiscal Year: 2006..shall examine the hypothesis that high glucose reduces both Kv channel activity and the associated dilation to isoproterenol and forskolin in rat coronary arterioles...
- CELLULAR MECHANISMS REGULATING MYOMETRIAL FUNCTIONJames Stull; Fiscal Year: 1993..prostaglandins (PGE2a, and PGI2), uterotonic peptides (oxytocin, endothelin and effectors of protein kinases (isoproterenol and phorbol 12, 12 dibutyrate) on the mechanical properties of contraction will be established in relation to ..
- A GIP receptor antagonist drug to treat obesityMichael Boylan; Fiscal Year: 2003..We have also identified GIP receptors on human adipocytes, where GIP inhibits isoproterenol-induced lipolysis...
- AIRWAY SMOOTH MUSCLE--REGULATION OF RESPONSIVENESSJames Brown; Fiscal Year: 1991..Three of our specific hypotheses will be that: (1) brief exposure of the muscle to isoproterenol reduces its beta- adrenergic responsiveness because of specific changes in the receptor, which include its ..
- ION TRANSPORT IN COLLECTING CELL CULTURESELSA BELLO REUSS; Fiscal Year: 1993..CCD cultures will be used to identify mechanisms of ion transport, and the effects of ADH, aldosterone, and isoproterenol on the different transporters. 2...
- INTRACELLULAR ACTIONS OF ACETYLCHOLINE AND ADENOSINEDAVID RARDON; Fiscal Year: 1990..Action potentials increase in duration and the plateau elevates during superfusion of isoproterenol. This effect is antagonized by acetylcholine and adenosine...
- HOSTILITY & CHD--SNS, LIPID & CELL/MOLECULAR MECHANISMSEDWARD SUAREZ; Fiscal Year: 2000..also show reduced beta-adrenergic receptor (AR) number of lymphocytes and reduced beta-AR responsiveness to isoproterenol (iso) stimulation...
- AGING TRAINING AND CARDIAC SYMPATHETIC FUNCTIONJohn Stratton; Fiscal Year: 2002..of cardiac SNS will be related to left ventricular contractile responses to beta agonist stimulation with isoproterenol and to contractile responses to exercise stress...
- NIA ACADEMIC AWARD--AGING AND CARDIAC REGULATIONSTEPHEN MONTAMAT; Fiscal Year: 1992..g., hypoxia or sympathetic stimulation). In rat heart, isoproterenol administration results in a greater release of adenosine in mature adults compared to young adults...
- INSULIN RESISTANCE IN NONINSULIN DEPENDENT DIABETESGerald Reaven; Fiscal Year: 2000..study in which they will quantify age, BMI, waist to hip ratio, insulin resistance, FFA turnover at basal and isoproterenol and with insulin suppression of isoproterenol lipolysis, and ad insulin secretion...
- TERMINATION OF PTH RESPONSES IN OSTEOBLASTSEdward Greenfield; Fiscal Year: 2006..aims are: 1) Test the hypothesis that endogenous PKI interacts with PKA following stimulation by PTH or isoproterenol; 2) Test the hypothesis that endogenous PKI is primarily responsible for termination of both PKA activity and ..
- Activation of protein kinase A by endothelin-1Nickolai Dulin; Fiscal Year: 2009..our preliminary data indicates that in VSMC, PKA activation by ET1 differs from that induced by beta-agonist, isoproterenol (ISO), in several key ways: (i) the duration of PKA activation by ET1 is much shorter than that induced by ISO;..