- Diacetylenic isobutylamides of Echinacea: synthesis and natural distribution
Department of Genetics, Development and Cell Biology, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA
Phytochemistry 65:2477-84. 2004
..angustifolia, E. sanguinea, E. simulata, E. tennesseensis, E. atrorubens and E. laevigata. The accumulation of these amides is sensitive to organ type and age...
- Study of primary amines for nucleophilic cleavage of cyanylated cystinyl proteins in disulfide mass mapping methodology
Jose Luis Gallegos-Perez
Department of Chemistry, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Anal Biochem 346:311-9. 2005
..Further, the concurrent use of homologous nucleophiles (e.g., ammonia and methylamine) facilitates recognition and identification of cleavage products...
- Rydberg fingerprint spectroscopy of hot molecules: structural dispersion in flexible hydrocarbons
Michael P Minitti
Department of Chemistry, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island 02912, USA
J Phys Chem A 110:10212-8. 2006
..A simple model accounts for the sensitivity of Rydberg fingerprint spectroscopy to the molecular shape, as well as the relative insensitivity of the spectra toward vibrational excitation...
- Caffeic acid derivatives production by hairy root cultures of Echinacea purpurea
Chun Zhao Liu
Phytochemical Engineering Group, National Key Laboratory of Biochemical Engineering, Institute of Process Engineering, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100080, People s Republic of China
J Agric Food Chem 54:8456-60. 2006
..purpurea is possible. Furthermore, these hairy root cultures offer, for the very first time, an excellent biological model to study the biosynthetic pathway of medicinally important CADs...
- Application of colorimetric indicators and thermo-hand method to determine base permeation through chemical protective gloves
National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, National Personal Protective Technology Laboratory, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15236, USA
J Occup Environ Hyg 1:799-805. 2004
..The thermo-hand test method and base indicators together should find utility in detecting, collecting, and quantitatively analyzing base permeation samples under simulated in-use conditions...
- Supercritical fluid extraction of alkylamides from Echinacea angustifolia
Department of Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada T6G 2P5
J Agric Food Chem 50:3947-53. 2002
..05) among those from fresh, ground and unground E. angustifolia roots. Supercritical fluid extraction therefore shows potential for the recovery of alkylamides from dried Echinacea roots...
- Determination of tertiary amines based on pH junctions and field amplification in capillary electrophoresis with electrochemiluminescence detection
Department of Chemistry, National Taiwan University, Taipei
Electrophoresis 26:2984-90. 2005
..The potential applicability of the new and low-cost CE-ECL system has been demonstrated by the determination of 1.0 microM lidocaine, a local anesthetic drug, in urine without any tedious sample preparation...
- Synthesis of 11C-labelled bis(phenylalkyl)amines and their in vitro and in vivo binding properties in rodent and monkey brains
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyushu University, 3-1-1 Maidashi, Higashi-ku, Fukuoka 812-8582, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 27:531-7. 2004
..The present findings indicate that none of these (11)C-labelled analogues have potential for PET study of binding sites on the N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptors...
- Environmentally friendly and highly sensitive ruthenium(II) tris(2,2'-bipyridyl) electrochemiluminescent system using 2-(dibutylamino)ethanol as co-reactant
Department State Key Laboratory of Electroanalytical Chemistry, Changchun Institute of Applied Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Changchun 130022, P.R. China
Angew Chem Int Ed Engl 46:421-4. 2007
- Homochiral oligopeptides via a lattice-controlled polymerisation in racemic crystals of valine N-carboxyanhydride suspended in aqueous solutions
Department of Materials and Interfaces, The Weizmann Institute of Science, 76100 Rehovot, Israel
Chemistry 13:10140-51. 2007
- Combining the enantioselectivities of L-valine diamide and permethylated beta-cyclodextrin in one gas chromatographic chiral stationary phase
Pavel A Levkin
Institute of Organic Chemistry, , Germany
Anal Chem 78:5143-8. 2006
..Furthermore, it was shown that the presence of the cyclodextrin selector in Chirasil-Val-C11 significantly improved the enantioseparation of proline, which represented a problematic amino acid on diamide CSPs...
- Concise synthesis of enantiomers of 4-aminobutane-1,2,3-triol
NORMA K DUNLAP
Department of Chemistry, Middle Tennessee State University, Murfreesboro, TN 37132, USA
J Org Chem 73:2928-30. 2008
..A key step is the one-pot conversion of an aldehyde to an amide, the scope of which has been extended to include other carbohydrate-derived aldehydes...
- Indolebutylamines as selective 5-HT(1A) agonists
Preclinical Pharmaceutical Research, Merck KGaA, Frankfurter Strasse 250, 64293 Darmstadt, Germany
J Med Chem 47:4677-83. 2004
..9 nM] and selectivity [D(2), IC(50) > 850 nM]. 3-[4-[4-(4-Methoxyphenyl)piperazin-1-yl]butyl]-1H-indole-5-carboxamide 45 is one of the most potent and selective 5-HT(1A) agonists known [5-HT(1A), IC(50) = 0.09 nM; D(2), IC(50) = 140 nM]...
- Cytochrome P450 enzyme-mediated degradation of Echinacea alkylamides in human liver microsomes
MediHerb Research Laboratories, Department of Chemistry, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, QLD 4072, Australia
Chem Biol Interact 155:62-70. 2005
..These findings suggest that Echinacea may effect the P450-mediated metabolism of other concurrently ingested pharmaceuticals...
- Efficient transfection of DNA by liposomes formulated with cationic gemini amphiphiles
Istituto di Metodologie Chimiche del CNR and Dipartimento di Chimica, , Piazzale Aldo Moro 5, 00185 Rome, Italy
J Med Chem 48:5378-82. 2005
..Transfection efficiency was better than that obtained with a commercial lipofection kit...
- Developmental toxicity of oral n-butylamine hydrochloride and inhaled n-butylamine in rats
A O Gamer
Department of Product Safety, BASF Aktiengesellschaft, 67056 Ludwigshafen, Germany
Food Chem Toxicol 40:1833-42. 2002
..Possible mechanisms of fetotoxicity are free radical production, metabolic acidosis, and lysosomotrophy...
- Maillard reaction of D-glucose: identification of a colored product with conjugated pyrrole and furanone rings
Department of Pharmacy, University of Munich, Butenandtstrasse 7, 81377 Munich, Germany
J Agric Food Chem 50:2984-6. 2002
..The previously unknown, yellow product, 4-hydroxy-5-methyl-2-(N-butyl-3-hydroxy-5-(2-hydroxyethyl)pyrrolyl-2-methylidene)-2H-furan-3-one (1a), was isolated from the reaction mixtures and identified by spectroscopic data...
- Novel enamine derivatives of 5,6-dihydro-2'-deoxyuridine formed in reductive amination of 5-formyl-2'-deoxyuridine
Institute of Organic Chemistry, Technical University of Lodz, Lodz, Poland
Nucleosides Nucleotides Nucleic Acids 27:1045-60. 2008
- PI factor, a novel type quorum-sensing inducer elicits pimaricin production in Streptomyces natalensis
, , Avda. del Real, n degrees 1, , Spain
J Biol Chem 279:41586-93. 2004
..Because restoration of pimaricin production in the npi287 mutant is conferred by both A-factor and PI factor, S. natalensis appears to be able to integrate different quorum signals from actinomycetes...
- Liquid chromatography quadrupole time-of-flight mass spectrometry analysis of carbosulfan, carbofuran, 3-hydroxycarbofuran, and other metabolites in food
Laboratori de Bromatologia i Toxicologia, Facultat de Farmacia, Universitat de Valencia, Avenue Vicent Andres Estelles s n, 46100 Burjassot, Spain
Anal Chem 79:1492-501. 2007
..Field degradation studies show that carbofuran, 3-hydroxycarbofuran, and dibutylamine are the main degradation products formed in the environmental disappearance of carbosulfan...
- Polyamines as olfactory stimuli in the goldfish Carassius auratus
S H Rolen
Department of Biological Sciences, Louisiana State University, Life Sciences Building Room 202, Baton Rouge, LA 70830, USA
J Exp Biol 206:1683-96. 2003
..Behavioral assays indicated that polyamines are attractants that elicit feeding behavior similar to that elicited by L-amino acids...
- Water soluble cationic trans-platinum complexes which induce programmed cell death in the protozoan parasite Leishmania infantum
Paul A Nguewa
, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad de La Laguna, Tenerife, Spain
J Inorg Biochem 99:727-36. 2005
..To the best of our knowledge, compounds 3 and 4 are the first reported trans-platinum complexes that show antiparasitic activity...
- Determination of isocyanates in air using 1-(2-methoxyphenyl)piperazine-impregnated filters: long-term sampling performance and field comparison with impingers with dibutylamine
Carl J Sennbro
Department of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, University Hospital, SE-221 85 Lund, Sweden
Ann Occup Hyg 48:415-24. 2004
..For long-term monitoring the 2MP method can be applied for TDI but, since the method underestimates the concentrations, a correction factor is needed which needs to be corroborated further...
- A method of test for residual isophorone diisocyanate trimer in new polyester-polyurethane coatings on light metal packaging using liquid chromatography with tandem mass spectrometric detection
Central Science Laboratory, Department for Food Environment and Rural Affairs, Sand Hutton, York, UK
J Chromatogr A 1141:61-6. 2007
- Development of a personal isocyanate sampler based on DBA derivatization on solid-phase microextraction fibers
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Stockholm University, Sweden
Fresenius J Anal Chem 371:514-8. 2001
..Practical points that should be considered when using the SPME device as a diffusive sampler are discussed...
- Determination of airborne anhydrides using LC-MS monitoring negative ions of di-n-butylamine derivatives
Work Environment Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Stockholm University, P.O.B 460, , Sweden
J Environ Monit 6:624-9. 2004
..When air samples were collected during thermal degradation of different coated metal sheets both anhydrides and isocyanates were present in the same samples and all the studied anhydrides were found...
- AtGAT1, a high affinity transporter for gamma-aminobutyric acid in Arabidopsis thaliana
Institute of Plant Sciences, University of Bern, Altenbergrain 21, 3013 Bern, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 281:7197-204. 2006
..In planta, AtGAT1 expression was highest in flowers and under conditions of elevated GABA concentrations such as wounding or senescence...
- Interaction of 2,3-dichloro-1,4-naphthoquinone with n-butylamine in halocarbon solvents
Gururaj M Neelgund
P G Department of Studies in Chemistry, Karnatak University, Dharwad 580003, India
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 61:1729-35. 2005
..The influence of dielectric constant on the properties of reaction was discussed and the probable course of reaction is presented...
- High-performance ion-pair chromatographic behaviour of conjugated bile acids with di-n-butylamine acetate
Department of Chemistry, College of Humanities and Sciences, Nihon University, Sakurajousui, Tokyo, Japan
J Chromatogr A 888:93-102. 2000
..The present HPIPC method with DBAA provides an insight into the separation and structural elucidation of these biologically important bile acid conjugates and may be proved to be applied to HPLC-mass spectrometric analysis...
- Chemiluminescence associated with amino acid oxidation mediated by hypochlorous acid
Departmento de Ciencias Químicas, Facultad de Quimica y Biologia, Universidad de Santiago de Chile
Luminescence 17:158-64. 2002
..The spectral changes and the effect of pH upon the observed luminescence are compatible with light emission from products produced in the free radical oxidation of Trp...
- Synthesis and characterization of model compounds of the lysine tyrosyl quinone cofactor of lysyl oxidase
Department of Chemistry, University of California, Berkeley 94720-1460, USA
J Am Chem Soc 125:6113-25. 2003
..Characterization of a 1,6-adduct between an o-quinone and butylamine (3-n-butylamino-5-ethyl-1,2-benzoquinone, 13) confirms the assignment of LTQ as a 1,4-addition product...
- Kinetic resolution of (R,S)-sec-butylamine using omega-transaminase from Vibrio fluvialis JS17 under reduced pressure
Laboratory of Molecular Biotechnology and Biomaterials, Institute for Molecular Biology and Genetics, Seoul National University, 151-742, Korea
Biotechnol Bioeng 87:772-8. 2004
..0. Using the recombinant Escherichia coli BL21 overexpressing omega-TA, 400 mM racemic sec-butylamine was resolved successfully to 98% ee of (R)-sec-butylamine with 53% conversion at 150 torr and pH 7.0...
- Effects of acute and chronic administration of selective monoamine re-uptake inhibitors in the rat forced swim test
National University of Ireland, Department of Pharmacology, Galway, Ireland
Psychoneuroendocrinology 28:332-47. 2003
..These results suggest that selective monoamine re-uptake inhibition produces distinct, but not necessarily exclusive, behavioural responses in the forced swim test...
- Cardiovascular pharmacological characterization of novel 2,3-dimethyl-2-butylamine derivatives in rats
Department of Cardiovascular Pharmacology, Beijing Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, 100850, PR China
Life Sci 75:2131-42. 2004
- Involvement of hypoxia-triggered endoplasmic reticulum stress in outlet obstruction-induced apoptosis in the urinary bladder
Department of Molecular Signaling, Interdisciplinary Graduate School of Medicine and Engineering, University of Yamanashi, Chuo, Yamanashi, Japan
Lab Invest 88:553-63. 2008
..These results suggested that outlet obstruction caused ER stress via hypoxic stress in the bladder and that hypoxia-triggered ER stress may be involved in the induction of apoptosis in BOO...
- Mammalian spermidine synthase--identification of cysteine residues and investigation of the putrescine binding site--
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Josai University, 1-1 Keyakidai, Sakado, Saitama 350-0295, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 27:1327-32. 2004
..Our results indicated that 5-amino-1-pentene and 4MCHA possess comparable inhibitory activities towards the enzyme...
- A chemical chaperone 4-PBA ameliorates palmitate-induced inhibition of glucose-stimulated insulin secretion (GSIS)
Sung E Choi
Institute for Medical Science, Ajou University School of Medicine, Wonchon dong san 5, Youngtong Gu, Gyunggi Do, 442 749 Suwon, Republic of Korea
Arch Biochem Biophys 475:109-14. 2008
..These data suggested that ER stress was involved in FFA-induced GSIS-inhibition and that the FFA-induced beta cell dysfunction could be ameliorated by treatment with a chemical chaperone...
- Effects of di-n-butylamine on the respiratory system of Wistar (WU) rats after subchronic inhalation
Fraunhofer Institut für Toxikologie und Experimentelle Medizin, Nikolai Fuchs Str 1, D 30625 Hannover, Germany
Inhal Toxicol 15:701-13. 2003
- Towards automation of a valuable preclinical cardiac safety pharmacology assay: Evaluation of the effects of cardiac ion channel blockers on cardiac repolarisation in vitro
Ian D Lightbown
Global Safety Pharmacology Group, Drug Safety Research and Development, Pfizer Global Research and Development IPC 388, Ramsgate Road, Sandwich, Kent CT13 9NJ, United Kingdom
J Pharmacol Toxicol Methods 56:194-202. 2007
..The throughput of compound testing in this assay is low therefore we designed a novel recording system to improve screening and animal tissue usage efficiencies...
- Determination of aliphatic amines using fluorescence intensity of 4-methyl umbelliferone
M R Hadjmohamadi
Department of Chemistry, University of Mazandaran, Babolsar, Iran
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 70:358-61. 2008
..Determination of amines at fluorescence enhancing region using inverse fluorescence intensity against inverse amine concentration (bireciprocal plot) were investigated and related equations was also proposed...
- Effect of the regiochemistry of butyl amide substituents on the solution-state structures of lanthanide(III) DOTA-tetraamide complexes
Department of Chemistry, University of Texas at Dallas, 800 W Campbell Road, Richardson, Texas 75080, USA
Inorg Chem 48:10338-45. 2009
..Unlike chiral complexes with larger amide substituents there is no "locking" effect of the orientation of the pendant arms in these complexes and up to four diastereoisomeric coordination isomers can be observed...
- Dual-sensitive probe 1-imidazole-2-(5-benzoacridine)-ethanone for the determination of amines in environmental water using HPLC with fluorescence detection and online atmospheric chemical ionization-mass spectrometry identification
Northwest Plateau Institute of Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Xining 810001, PR China
Talanta 80:1392-9. 2010
..Therefore, the facile IBAE intermediate derivatization allowed the development of a highly sensitive and specific method for the quantitative analysis of trace levels of amines in environmental water...
- Direct synthesis and bonding origins of monolayer-protected silver nanocrystals from silver nitrate through in situ ligand exchange
Kwi Jong Lee
eMD Lab, Central R and D Institute, Samsung Electro Mechanics, 314, Maetan3 Dong, Yeongtong Gu, Suwon, Gyunggi Do 443 743, Republic of Korea
J Colloid Interface Sci 304:92-7. 2006
..In addition, systematic studies revealed that the silver nanocrystals synthesized through in situ ligand exchange were stabilized through bidentate bridging of carboxyl groups in dodecanoic acid...
- Study of highly efficient bimetallic ruthenium tris-bipyridyl ECL labels for coreactant system
State Key Laboratory of Fine Chemicals, Dalian University of Technology, No 158 40, Zhongshanlu, Xigang District 116012, Dalian, China
Anal Chem 81:10227-31. 2009
..This is the highest ECL detection limit for bimetallic system reported until now. The study provides a general methodology to further improve and tune the ECL efficiency by using multimetallic ruthenium complexes...
- Reactivity of the insecticide fenitrothion toward O and N nucleophiles
Natalia M Rougier
Instituto de Investigaciones en Fisicoquimica de Cordoba INFIQC, Departamento de Quimica Organica, Facultad de Ciencias Quimicas, Universidad Nacional de Cordoba, Medina Allende y Haya de la Torre, Argentina
J Org Chem 75:3427-36. 2010
..With HOO(-), NH(2)OH, and NH(2)O(-) a significant alpha-effect was observed, confirming the participation of the nucleophile in the rate-limiting step of the reaction...
- Towards molecular diversity: dealkylation of tert-butyl amine in Ugi-type multicomponent reaction product establishes tert-butyl isocyanide as a useful convertible isonitrile
Sankar K Guchhait
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research NIPER, S A S Nagar Mohali 160062, Punjab, India
Org Biomol Chem 8:3631-4. 2010
- Alternatives for coupling sequential injection systems to commercial capillary electrophoresis-mass spectrometry equipment
Department of Analytical Chemistry, University of Cordoba, Edificio Marie Curie Anexo, Campus de Rabanales, Annex Building C-3, , Spain
J Chromatogr A 1127:278-85. 2006
..The developed hyphenated system is of practical relevance as it opens an avenue for the simplification and automation of the whole analytical process required when using powerful CE-ESI-MS equipments...
- Modification of neodymium-doped ZnO hybrid nanoparticles under mild hydrothermal conditions
Faculty of Environmental Health Engineering, Kurdistan University of Medical Sciences, Sanandaj 66174, Iran
Nanoscale 2:1160-4. 2010
..The work proved the efficiency of caprylic acid and n-butylamine as suitable surfactants for surface modification of neodymium-doped ZnO hybrid nanoparticles...
- Ultrafast dynamics of epicocconone, a second generation fluorescent protein stain
Department of Chemistry and Biomolecular Sciences, Macquarie University, Sydney NSW 2109, Australia
J Phys Chem A 115:10154-8. 2011
..The correct interpretation of these data will allow the design of second generation protein stains based on the epicocconone scaffold with increased quantum yields and photostability...
- Comparison of four mass analyzers for determining carbosulfan and its metabolites in citrus by liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry
Laboratori de Bromatologia i Toxicologia, Facultat de Farmacia, Universitat de Valencia, Av Vicent Andres Estelles s n, 46100 Burjassot, Spain
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 20:2151-64. 2006
..The potential of each technique for the verification of the identity of residues detected in oranges is discussed using the concept of identification points...
- Dual buffer gases for ion manipulation in a miniature ion trap mass spectrometer with a discontinuous atmospheric pressure interface
Tsung Chi Chen
Weldon School of Biomedical Engineering, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 25:3274-80. 2011
..The buffer gas can be switched between air and helium for different steps within a single scan, which allows further optimization of the instrument performance for tandem mass spectrometry...
- Practical synthesis of trans-tert-butyl-2-aminocyclopentylcarbamate and resolution of enantiomers
Laboratory of Bioorganic Chemistry, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institute of Health, DHHS, 9000 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Org Chem 71:8655-7. 2006
..The route provides ready access to multigram quantities of both enantiomers without the need for chromatography...
- Preparation of convection interaction media isobutyl disc monolithic column and its application to purification of secondary alcohol dehydrogenase and alcohol oxidase
Department of Agro bioscience, Iwate University, Ueda 3 18 8, Morioka 020 8550, Japan
J Chromatogr A 1144:85-9. 2007
..P-AOD was also purified to an electrophoretically homogeneous state by three column chromatographies of CIM DEAE-8 tube, CIM C4-8 tube and CIM isobutyl disc columns...
- Synthesis and antifungal activity of beta-trifluoroalkyl aminovinyl ketone derivatives
Department of Biological Chemistry, Ariel University Center of Samaria, Ariel 40700, Israel
J Agric Food Chem 57:8303-7. 2009
..We propose that (Z)-3-amino-4,4,4-trifluoro-1-phenylbut-2-en-1-one is the minimal structural requirement for a beta-trifluoroalkyl aminovinyl ketone fungitoxic derivative...
- Analysis of pharmacological effects of drugs used for treatment of urinary disturbance based on anticholinergic and smooth muscle-relaxing effects
Department of Clinical Evaluation of Drug Efficacy, School of Pharmacy, Tokyo University of Pharmacy and Life Sciences, Hachioji, Tokyo, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 30:1297-300. 2007
..01 to 0.48%. The present results suggest that muscarinic acetylcholine receptor occupancy is a principal determinant of the therapeutic effect of a drug used for treatment of urinary disturbance...
- Structure-activity relationships for hepatocyte toxicity and electrophilic reactivity of alpha,beta-unsaturated esters, acrylates and methacrylates
University of Toronto, Faculty of Pharmacy, Toronto, ON, Canada
J Appl Toxicol 28:1004-15. 2008
..These results suggest that differences in hepatocyte toxicity of acrylates and methacrylates can be related to their electrophilic reactivity which corresponds to their ability to deplete GSH and protein thiols...
- Application of structure-activity relationships to investigate the molecular mechanisms of hepatocyte toxicity and electrophilic reactivity of alpha,beta-unsaturated aldehydes
University of Toronto, Faculty of Pharmacy, Toronto, ON, Canada
J Appl Toxicol 28:1027-39. 2008
..Even with the presence of electrophile characteristics, alpha,beta-unsaturated aldehyde hepatocyte toxicity could not be predicted exclusively by electrophilic reactivity as oxidative metabolism was also a factor for toxicity...
- Structural and mechanistic studies of mofegiline inhibition of recombinant human monoamine oxidase B
Erika M Milczek
Department of Chemistry, Emory University, 1510 Clifton Road, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Med Chem 51:8019-26. 2008
..A mechanism to explain these structural and spectral data is proposed...
- Amine-reactive fluorene probes: synthesis, optical characterization, bioconjugation, and two-photon fluorescence imaging
Alma R Morales
Department of Chemistry, The College of Optics and Photonics, University of Central Florida, P O Box 162366, Orlando, Florida 32816 2366, USA
Bioconjug Chem 19:2559-67. 2008
..Conventional and 2PFM imaging and fluorescence lifetime imaging (FLIM) of HeLa, NT2, and H1299 cells, incubated with two-photon absorbing amine-reactive probe (1), RGDfK-dye conjugate (7), and Reelin-dye conjugate (6), was demonstrated...
- Inhibition of cough-reflex sensitivity by benzonatate and guaifenesin in acute viral cough
Peter V Dicpinigaitis
Albert Einstein College of Medicine and Montefiore Medical Center, 1825 Eastchester Road, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Respir Med 103:902-6. 2009
..008). The mechanism by which the combination of B+G causes a potentiation of antitussive effect remains to be elucidated. Our results suggest that B+G may be an effective therapy for acute cough due to the common cold (URI)...
- Electrophilic reactions of skin-sensitizing sultones
David W Roberts
Unilever Research Port Sunlight, Quarry Road East, Bebington, Wirral, CH63 3JW, United Kingdom
Chem Res Toxicol 20:61-71. 2007
- Synthesis, pharmacological and in silico evaluation of 1-(4-di-hydroxy-3,5-dioxa-4-borabicyclo[4.4.0]deca-7,9,11-trien-9-yl)-2-(tert-butylamino)ethanol, a compound designed to act as a beta2 adrenoceptor agonist
Marvin A Soriano-Ursúa
Departamento de Bioquimica, Instituto Politecnico Nacional, Plan de San Luis y Diaz Miron, DF Mexico, Mexico
Eur J Med Chem 44:2840-6. 2009
..Additionally, propranolol and ICI 118,551 showed competitive antagonism in relation to the relaxing effect of the test compound (pA(2) 6.204+/-0.367 and 9.089+/-0.470, respectively)...
- Molecular and mechanistic properties of the membrane-bound mitochondrial monoamine oxidases
Dale E Edmondson
Department of Biochemistry, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Biochemistry 48:4220-30. 2009
..This review summarizes the current structural and mechanistic information available that can be utilized in the development of future highly specific neuroprotectants and cardioprotectants...
- Machine learning of chemical reactivity from databases of organic reactions
Gonçalo V S M Carrera
REQUIMTE, CQFB, Departamento de Quimica, Faculdade de Ciencias e Tecnologia, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, 2829 516 Caparica, Portugal
J Comput Aided Mol Des 23:419-29. 2009
..While NaCNBH3 is a selective reducing reagent widely used in organic synthesis, BuNH2 is a nucleophile that mimics the reactivity of the lysine side chain (involved in an initiating step of the mechanism leading to skin sensitization)...
- Chemistry and some biological effects of model melanoidins and pigments as Maillard intermediates
Department of Agricultural Chemistry, Meiji University, Kawasaki, Kanagawa, Japan
Mol Nutr Food Res 50:1171-9. 2006
..1 cells, respectively. These findings suggest that melanoidins have suppressive effect on allergic reaction as a novel physiological effect...
- Pharmacokinetics and metabolism of 3,4-dichlorophenyl-propenoyl-sec.-butylamine in rats by high performance liquid chromatography-ion trap mass spectrometry
Shu Mei Wang
Department of Pharmacology, Basic Medical School, Beijing University, 38 Xue Yuan Road, Beijing 100083, China
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 850:92-100. 2007
..It was concluded that 3,4-DCPB was involved in the multiple metabolic pathways (hydrolysis, dealkylation and oxidation) and the hydrolysis product, 3,4-dichloro-cinnamic acid (M1) appeared to be the major metabolite...
- The effect of terodiline on hyperreflexia (in vivo) and the in vitro response of isolated strips of rabbit bladder to field stimulation, bethanechol and KCL
R M Levin
Division of Urology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104
Pharmacology 46:346-52. 1993
- Increase of formation of methylamine and formaldehyde in vivo after administration of nicotine and the potential cytotoxicity
P H Yu
Department of Psychiatry, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada
Neurochem Res 23:1205-10. 1998
..The findings support the idea that nicotine can enhance SSAO/methylamine-mediated increase of formaldehyde and oxidative stress and this could in part contribute the adverse effect of health associated with smoking...
- Involvement of semicarbazide-sensitive amine oxidase-mediated deamination in atherogenesis in KKAy diabetic mice fed with high cholesterol diet
P H Yu
Neuropsychiatry Research Unit, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Diabetologia 45:1255-62. 2002
..The deaminated products include the toxic aldehydes, formaldehyde and methylglyoxal, respectively, hydrogen peroxide and ammonia...
- Comparison of the omega-transaminases from different microorganisms and application to production of chiral amines
J S Shin
School of Chemical Engineering and Institute for Molecular Biology and Genetics, Seoul National University, Korea
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 65:1782-8. 2001
..fluvialis JS17. Enantiomeric excess of (R)-sec-butylamine reached 94.7% after 12 h of reaction...
- Characterization of a model compound for the lysine tyrosylquinone cofactor of lysyl oxidase
Department of Applied Bioorganic Chemistry, Division of Life Science, Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Tohoku University, 1 1 Tsutsumidori Amamiyamachi, Aobaku, Sendai, 981 8555, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 281:193-9. 2001
..0. In the presence of beta-aminopropionitrile and upon deoxygenation with N2 aldelyde, production was decreased. The important features of the reaction were consistent with the enzymatic reaction...
- LY393615, a novel neuronal Ca(2+) and Na(+) channel blocker with neuroprotective effects in models of in vitro and in vivo cerebral ischemia
M J O'Neill
Lilly Research Centre Ltd, Erl Wood Manor, Windlesham, GU20 6PH, Surrey, UK
Brain Res 888:138-149. 2001
..The compound is neuroprotective when administered post-occlusion and may therefore be a useful anti-ischaemic agent...
- Effects of amine modifiers on the separation of tetramethylrhodamine-labeled mono- and oligosaccharides by capillary zone electrophoresis
H D Osthoff
Department of Chemistry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
J Chromatogr A 895:285-90. 2000
..The separation was significantly improved in the presence of the organic modifiers methyl- and ethylamines, but worsened in the presence of propyl- and butylamines. Possible mechanisms of the amine additives are discussed.
- Do amines react with protonated peptides in the gas phase via transacylation reactions to induce peptide bond cleavage?
R A O'Hair
School of Chemistry, The University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria 3010, Australia
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 14:1707-16. 2000
..MS(4) experiments, carried out to determine the nature of the [b(n) + BuNH(2)](+) ions, reveal that they correspond to a mixture of hydrogen bonded (i.e. proton bound dimer) and covalent amide bond structures...
- CYP2D6 and CYP2C19 genotypes of patients with terodiline cardiotoxicity identified through the yellow card system
G A Ford
Department of Pharmacological Sciences, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Br J Clin Pharmacol 50:77-80. 2000
..We sought to determine whether CYP2D6 (debrisoquine hydroxylase) or CYP2C19 (S-mephenytoin hydroxylase) status is a risk factor for terodiline cardiotoxicity...
- Benzonatate overdose associated with seizures and arrhythmias
B I Crouch
University of Utah, Salt Lake City, USA
J Toxicol Clin Toxicol 36:713-8. 1998
..Therefore, laboratory analysis of benzonatate is difficult. We report 2 cases of benzonatate poisoning with seizures and cardiac arrest and an analytical method to identify and quantify benzonatate in human plasma...
- Cross-linking of proteins by Maillard processes--model reactions of D-glucose or methylglyoxal with butylamine and guanidine derivatives
M O Lederer
Institut fur Lebensmittelchemie, Universitat Hohenheim, Stuttgart, Germany
Bioorg Med Chem 6:993-1002. 1998
..It seems justified, therefore, to expect cross-linking of proteins by action of reducing carbohydrates to proceed analogously...
- Structure-activity relationships for a series of bis(phenylalkyl)amines: potent subtype-selective inhibitors of N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors
A P Tamiz
Department of Chemistry, University of Oregon, Eugene, Oregon 97403, USA
J Med Chem 41:3499-506. 1998
..This study provides a framework for designing structurally novel NR2B-selective antagonists which may be useful for treatment of a variety of neurological disorders...
- ATP-dependent lysis of isolated lysosomes by basic substances and acidic ionophores
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kanazawa University, Ishikawa, Japan
Cell Struct Funct 22:253-68. 1997
..Furthermore, this lysosomal disruption was inhibited by cytosolic factors. This phenomenon will provide an in vitro system for studies on osmoregulation and the intracellular dynamics of the lysosomal system, including membrane fusion...
- A microgonotropen branched decaaza decabutylamine and its DNA and DNA/transcription factor interactions
T C Bruice
Department of Chemistry, University of California, Santa Barbara 93106, USA
Bioorg Med Chem 5:685-92. 1997
..Results of studies of the inhibition of the binding of several proteins to target DNA are discussed. Binding of the E2F1 transcription factor to its DNA target is 50% inhibited at approximately 2 nM concentration of 8...
- Ion chromatography of amylamine and tert.-butylamine in pharmaceuticals
N K Jagota
Analytical R and D, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Pharmaceutical Research Institute, New Brunswick, NJ 08903-0191, USA
J Chromatogr A 739:343-9. 1996
..9993). The method for TBA was linear from 5 to 30% (w/w) (50-300 micrograms/ml, n = 8, r = 0.9993) of working sample concentration (1 mg/ml BMS-188 494-04). The precision and accuracy of the methods are presented...
- [Anticholinergic therapy of urinary incontinence and urinary frequency associated with the elderly--with special reference to dementia]
Department of Urology, Kinki University School of Medicine
Nihon Hinyokika Gakkai Zasshi 84:1068-73. 1993
..This suggests that the major cause of incontinence in demented patients is not the bladder dysfunction but the specific conditions of demented patients such as agnosia and apraxia...
- Conservation of nonpeptide antigen recognition by rhesus monkey V gamma 2V delta 2 T cells
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine and Interdisciplinary Group in Immunology, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA 52442, USA
J Immunol 170:3696-706. 2003
..Thus, recognition of nonpeptide prenyl pyrophosphate, bisphosphonate, and alkylamine Ags is conserved in primates suggesting that primates can provide an animal model for human gammadelta T cell Ag responses...
- Hydrolysis triggers oxidation of a trans diamine platinum(II) anticancer complex
Ana María Pizarro
Facultad de Ciencias, Departamento de Quimica Inorganica, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Cantoblanco, 28049 Madrid, Spain
Angew Chem Int Ed Engl 42:5339-42. 2003
- Contact guidance induced organization of extracellular matrix
Michael E Manwaring
The Keck Center for Tissue Engineering, Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah, 20 South 2030 East, Building 570, Room 108D, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Biomaterials 25:3631-8. 2004
- Ionic liquids as advantageous solvents for headspace gas chromatography of compounds with low vapor pressure
Sandoz GmbH, Biochemiestrasse 10, 6250 Kundl, Austria, Immodal Pharmaka GmbH, Bundesstrasse 44, 6111 Volders, Austria
Anal Chem 77:702-5. 2005
..4.0]undec-7-ene to adjust basic conditions. All analytes could be determined with limits of detection and limits of quantification in the low-ppm concentration range...
- Imprinted polymers for chiral resolution of (+/-)-ephedrine: understanding the pre-polymerisation equilibrium and the action of different mobile phase modifiers
Richard J Ansell
School of Chemistry, University of Leeds, Leeds, UK
Analyst 130:179-87. 2005
..For preparative chromatography we suggest the 1:1 polymer, with a larger population of weaker but more uniform binding sites, is most promising...
- From experiment to theory: molecular orbital parameters to interpret the skin sensitization potential of 5-chloro-2-methylisothiazol-3-one and 2-methylisothiazol-3-one
Aynur O Aptula
School of Pharmacy and Chemistry, Liverpool John Moores University, Byrom Street, Liverpool, L3 3AF, England
Chem Res Toxicol 18:324-9. 2005
..A key finding of this analysis is that the reaction produces "positive chlorine" in the form of N-chloro- and/or N,N-dichloro-butylamine, which could contribute to the skin sensitizing properties of MCI...
- Soybean and ascorbate feeding in experimental carcinogenesis: immunological studies
A M Medhat
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Science, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt
Tumori 77:372-8. 1991
..These agents were found to be capable of increasing the defense mechanism of rats by enhancing both cellular and humoral immunity in the presence of the carcinogenic nitrosamine precursors dibutylamine and sodium nitrite...
- Interaction of gemini surfactants butane-1,4-diyl-bis(alkyldimethylammonium bromide) with DNA
Faculty of Pharmacy, Comenius University, Odbojarov 10, 832 32 Bratislava, Slovak Republic
Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces 42:59-68. 2005
..The aggregates undergo structural changes induced by temperature in the range 60-95 degrees C, which are accompanied by changes of the diffraction patterns, namely in the region of reciprocal spacing s=0.15-0.30 nm(-1)...
- Solvent-free sampling with di-n-butylamine for monitoring of isocyanates in air
Work Environment Chemistry, Stockholm University, PO Box 460, , Sweden
J Environ Monit 7:335-43. 2005
..In conclusion, the solvent-free sampler is a convenient alternative in most applications to the more cumbersome impinger-filter sampler...
- Microbial synthesis of chiral amines by (R)-specific transamination with Arthrobacter sp. KNK168
Life Science Research Laboratories, Life Science RD Center, Corporate Research and Development Division, Kaneka Corporation, 1 8, Miyamae machi, Takasago cho, Takasago, Hyogo, 676 8688, Japan
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 69:499-505. 2006
- A novel HPLC procedure for detection and quantification of aminoacetone, a precursor of methylglyoxal, in biological samples
Neuropsychiatry Research Unit, Department of Psychiatry, University of Saskatchewan, A114 Medical Research Building, 103 Wiggins Road, Saskatoon, Sask, Canada
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 824:116-22. 2005
..Results confirm that aminoacetone is an endogenous substrate for SSAO. However, data also indicate that deamination is not the only catabolic pathway for aminoacetone...
- New 6-butylamino-6-deoxycellulose and 6-deoxy-6-pyridiniumcellulose derivatives with highest regioselectivity and completeness of reaction
ITMC, Institute of Technical Chemistry and Macromolecular Chemistry, Hemocompatible and Biocompatible Biomaterials, University of Technology Aachen, Worringer Weg 1, D 52074 Aachen, Germany
Carbohydr Res 340:2229-35. 2005
..The highest regioselectivity and completeness at C-6 can be obtained at 100 degrees C for 90 h, whereas at 145 degrees C substitution also occurs at C-2. The results were proved by 1H NMR and 13C NMR spectroscopy...
- High-throughput mass spectrometer using atmospheric pressure ionization and a cylindrical ion trap array
Alexander S Misharin
Department of Chemistry, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907-2084, USA
Anal Chem 77:459-70. 2005
..Further refinement of the vacuum system and ion optics will allow the addition of more channels of parallel mass analysis and facilitate applications in fields such as proteomics and metabolomics...
- Alkylamines cause Vgamma9Vdelta2 T-cell activation and proliferation by inhibiting the mevalonate pathway
Bone Research Group, Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, University of Aberdeen, Institute of Medical Sciences, Foresterhill, Aberdeen, AB25 2ZD, United Kingdom
Blood 107:651-4. 2006
- The structure of DNA-DLPC-cationic gemini surfactant aggregates: a small angle synchrotron X-ray diffraction study
Department of Physical Chemistry of Drugs, Faculty of Pharmacy, Comenius University, Odbojarov 10, 832 32 Bratislava, Slovakia
Biophys Chem 111:197-204. 2004
..The temperature behaviour of aggregates was investigated in the range 25-60 degrees C and the transversal thermal expansivities of the observed phases were determined...
- Photocatalytic oxidation of VX simulant 2-(butylamino)ethanethiol
Alexandre V Vorontsov
Boreskov Institute of Catalysis, Novosibirsk 630090, Russian Federation, Russia
J Hazard Mater 113:89-95. 2004
..1. For Degussa P25, the starting pH 9.4 was the best for TOC conversion. The results can be used for treatment of water from pollutants with aliphatic nitrogen and sulfur atoms...
- 4-Aryl(benzyl)amino-4-heteroarylbut-1-enes as building blocks in heterocyclic synthesis. 4. Synthesis of 4, 6-dimethyl-5-nitro(amino)-2-pyridylquinolines and their antiparasitic activities
Vladimir V Kouznetsov
Laboratory of Fine Organic Synthesis, Research Center for Biomolecules, School of Chemistry, Industrial University of Santander, Bucaramanga, Colombia
Arch Pharm (Weinheim) 337:127-32. 2004
..Although some of the compounds showed only moderate activity it was possible to establish some structure-activity relationships...
- Dual 5-HT1A agonists and 5-HT re-uptake inhibitors by combination of indole-butyl-amine and chromenonyl-piperazine structural elements in a single molecular entity
Preclinical Pharmaceutical Research, Merck KGaA, Frankfurter Str 250, 64293 Darmstadt, Germany
Bioorg Med Chem 12:4843-52. 2004
- 2,5-Dihydroxybenzoic acid butylamine and other ionic liquid matrixes for enhanced MALDI-MS analysis of biomolecules
Numico Research Germany, Bahnstrasse 14-30, 61318 Friedrichsdorf, Germany
Anal Chem 76:2938-50. 2004
..This was proven by the desialylation of sialylactose with sialidase from Clostridium perfringens in the presence of diluted aqueous DHBB and subsequent direct MALDI-MS analysis of the reaction mixture...