- Diacetylenic isobutylamides of Echinacea: synthesis and natural distribution
Department of Genetics, Development and Cell Biology, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA
Phytochemistry 65:2477-84. 2004
..angustifolia, E. sanguinea, E. simulata, E. tennesseensis, E. atrorubens and E. laevigata. The accumulation of these amides is sensitive to organ type and age...
- Triphenylbutanamines: kinesin spindle protein inhibitors with in vivo antitumor activity
Molecular Motor Laboratory, The Beatson Institute for Cancer Research, Garscube Estate, Switchback Road, Glasgow G61 1BD, Scotland, UK
J Med Chem 55:1511-25. 2012
..One triphenylbutanamine analogue and ispinesib possess very good bioavailability (51% and 45%, respectively), with the former showing in vivo antitumor growth activity in nude mice xenograft studies...
- Rydberg fingerprint spectroscopy of hot molecules: structural dispersion in flexible hydrocarbons
Michael P Minitti
Department of Chemistry, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island 02912, USA
J Phys Chem A 110:10212-8. 2006
..A simple model accounts for the sensitivity of Rydberg fingerprint spectroscopy to the molecular shape, as well as the relative insensitivity of the spectra toward vibrational excitation...
- Application of colorimetric indicators and thermo-hand method to determine base permeation through chemical protective gloves
National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, National Personal Protective Technology Laboratory, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15236, USA
J Occup Environ Hyg 1:799-805. 2004
..The thermo-hand test method and base indicators together should find utility in detecting, collecting, and quantitatively analyzing base permeation samples under simulated in-use conditions...
- Supercritical fluid extraction of alkylamides from Echinacea angustifolia
Department of Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada T6G 2P5
J Agric Food Chem 50:3947-53. 2002
..05) among those from fresh, ground and unground E. angustifolia roots. Supercritical fluid extraction therefore shows potential for the recovery of alkylamides from dried Echinacea roots...
- Determination of tertiary amines based on pH junctions and field amplification in capillary electrophoresis with electrochemiluminescence detection
Department of Chemistry, National Taiwan University, Taipei
Electrophoresis 26:2984-90. 2005
..The potential applicability of the new and low-cost CE-ECL system has been demonstrated by the determination of 1.0 microM lidocaine, a local anesthetic drug, in urine without any tedious sample preparation...
- Environmentally friendly and highly sensitive ruthenium(II) tris(2,2'-bipyridyl) electrochemiluminescent system using 2-(dibutylamino)ethanol as co-reactant
Department State Key Laboratory of Electroanalytical Chemistry, Changchun Institute of Applied Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Changchun 130022, P R China
Angew Chem Int Ed Engl 46:421-4. 2007
- Homochiral oligopeptides via a lattice-controlled polymerisation in racemic crystals of valine N-carboxyanhydride suspended in aqueous solutions
Department of Materials and Interfaces, The Weizmann Institute of Science, 76100 Rehovot, Israel
Chemistry 13:10140-51. 2007
- Combining the enantioselectivities of L-valine diamide and permethylated beta-cyclodextrin in one gas chromatographic chiral stationary phase
Pavel A Levkin
Institute of Organic Chemistry, University of Tubingen, Germany
Anal Chem 78:5143-8. 2006
..Furthermore, it was shown that the presence of the cyclodextrin selector in Chirasil-Val-C11 significantly improved the enantioseparation of proline, which represented a problematic amino acid on diamide CSPs...
- Concise synthesis of enantiomers of 4-aminobutane-1,2,3-triol
NORMA K DUNLAP
Department of Chemistry, Middle Tennessee State University, Murfreesboro, TN 37132, USA
J Org Chem 73:2928-30. 2008
..A key step is the one-pot conversion of an aldehyde to an amide, the scope of which has been extended to include other carbohydrate-derived aldehydes...
- Cytochrome P450 enzyme-mediated degradation of Echinacea alkylamides in human liver microsomes
MediHerb Research Laboratories, Department of Chemistry, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, QLD 4072, Australia
Chem Biol Interact 155:62-70. 2005
..These findings suggest that Echinacea may effect the P450-mediated metabolism of other concurrently ingested pharmaceuticals...
- Efficient transfection of DNA by liposomes formulated with cationic gemini amphiphiles
Istituto di Metodologie Chimiche del CNR and Dipartimento di Chimica, Universita degli Studi di Roma La Sapienza, Piazzale Aldo Moro 5, 00185 Rome, Italy
J Med Chem 48:5378-82. 2005
..Transfection efficiency was better than that obtained with a commercial lipofection kit...
- Developmental toxicity of oral n-butylamine hydrochloride and inhaled n-butylamine in rats
A O Gamer
Department of Product Safety, BASF Aktiengesellschaft, 67056 Ludwigshafen, Germany
Food Chem Toxicol 40:1833-42. 2002
..Possible mechanisms of fetotoxicity are free radical production, metabolic acidosis, and lysosomotrophy...
- Novel enamine derivatives of 5,6-dihydro-2'-deoxyuridine formed in reductive amination of 5-formyl-2'-deoxyuridine
Institute of Organic Chemistry, Technical University of Lodz, Lodz, Poland
Nucleosides Nucleotides Nucleic Acids 27:1045-60. 2008
- Maillard reaction of D-glucose: identification of a colored product with conjugated pyrrole and furanone rings
Department of Pharmacy, University of Munich, Butenandtstrasse 7, 81377 Munich, Germany
J Agric Food Chem 50:2984-6. 2002
..The previously unknown, yellow product, 4-hydroxy-5-methyl-2-(N-butyl-3-hydroxy-5-(2-hydroxyethyl)pyrrolyl-2-methylidene)-2H-furan-3-one (1a), was isolated from the reaction mixtures and identified by spectroscopic data...
- PI factor, a novel type quorum-sensing inducer elicits pimaricin production in Streptomyces natalensis
Instituto de Biotecnologia de Leon, Parque Cientifico de Leon, Avda del Real, n degrees 1, 24006 Leon, Spain
J Biol Chem 279:41586-93. 2004
..Because restoration of pimaricin production in the npi287 mutant is conferred by both A-factor and PI factor, S. natalensis appears to be able to integrate different quorum signals from actinomycetes...
- Liquid chromatography quadrupole time-of-flight mass spectrometry analysis of carbosulfan, carbofuran, 3-hydroxycarbofuran, and other metabolites in food
Laboratori de Bromatologia i Toxicologia, Facultat de Farmacia, Universitat de Valencia, Avenue Vicent Andres Estelles s n, 46100 Burjassot, Spain
Anal Chem 79:1492-501. 2007
..Field degradation studies show that carbofuran, 3-hydroxycarbofuran, and dibutylamine are the main degradation products formed in the environmental disappearance of carbosulfan...
- Determination of isocyanates in air using 1-(2-methoxyphenyl)piperazine-impregnated filters: long-term sampling performance and field comparison with impingers with dibutylamine
Carl J Sennbro
Department of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, University Hospital, SE 221 85 Lund, Sweden
Ann Occup Hyg 48:415-24. 2004
..For long-term monitoring the 2MP method can be applied for TDI but, since the method underestimates the concentrations, a correction factor is needed which needs to be corroborated further...
- A method of test for residual isophorone diisocyanate trimer in new polyester-polyurethane coatings on light metal packaging using liquid chromatography with tandem mass spectrometric detection
Central Science Laboratory, Department for Food Environment and Rural Affairs, Sand Hutton, York, UK
J Chromatogr A 1141:61-6. 2007
- Development of a personal isocyanate sampler based on DBA derivatization on solid-phase microextraction fibers
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Stockholm University, Sweden
Fresenius J Anal Chem 371:514-8. 2001
..Practical points that should be considered when using the SPME device as a diffusive sampler are discussed...
- Determination of airborne anhydrides using LC-MS monitoring negative ions of di-n-butylamine derivatives
Work Environment Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Stockholm University, P O B 460, S 281 24 Hässleholm, Sweden
J Environ Monit 6:624-9. 2004
..When air samples were collected during thermal degradation of different coated metal sheets both anhydrides and isocyanates were present in the same samples and all the studied anhydrides were found...
- AtGAT1, a high affinity transporter for gamma-aminobutyric acid in Arabidopsis thaliana
Institute of Plant Sciences, University of Bern, Altenbergrain 21, 3013 Bern, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 281:7197-204. 2006
..In planta, AtGAT1 expression was highest in flowers and under conditions of elevated GABA concentrations such as wounding or senescence...
- Interaction of 2,3-dichloro-1,4-naphthoquinone with n-butylamine in halocarbon solvents
Gururaj M Neelgund
P G Department of Studies in Chemistry, Karnatak University, Dharwad 580003, India
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 61:1729-35. 2005
..The influence of dielectric constant on the properties of reaction was discussed and the probable course of reaction is presented...
- High-performance ion-pair chromatographic behaviour of conjugated bile acids with di-n-butylamine acetate
Department of Chemistry, College of Humanities and Sciences, Nihon University, Sakurajousui, Tokyo, Japan
J Chromatogr A 888:93-102. 2000
..The present HPIPC method with DBAA provides an insight into the separation and structural elucidation of these biologically important bile acid conjugates and may be proved to be applied to HPLC-mass spectrometric analysis...
- Chemiluminescence associated with amino acid oxidation mediated by hypochlorous acid
Departmento de Ciencias Químicas, Facultad de Quimica y Biologia, Universidad de Santiago de Chile
Luminescence 17:158-64. 2002
..The spectral changes and the effect of pH upon the observed luminescence are compatible with light emission from products produced in the free radical oxidation of Trp...
- Synthesis and characterization of model compounds of the lysine tyrosyl quinone cofactor of lysyl oxidase
Department of Chemistry, University of California, Berkeley 94720 1460, USA
J Am Chem Soc 125:6113-25. 2003
..Characterization of a 1,6-adduct between an o-quinone and butylamine (3-n-butylamino-5-ethyl-1,2-benzoquinone, 13) confirms the assignment of LTQ as a 1,4-addition product...
- Kinetic resolution of (R,S)-sec-butylamine using omega-transaminase from Vibrio fluvialis JS17 under reduced pressure
Laboratory of Molecular Biotechnology and Biomaterials, Institute for Molecular Biology and Genetics, Seoul National University, 151 742, Korea
Biotechnol Bioeng 87:772-8. 2004
..0. Using the recombinant Escherichia coli BL21 overexpressing omega-TA, 400 mM racemic sec-butylamine was resolved successfully to 98% ee of (R)-sec-butylamine with 53% conversion at 150 torr and pH 7.0...
- Effects of acute and chronic administration of selective monoamine re-uptake inhibitors in the rat forced swim test
National University of Ireland, Department of Pharmacology, Galway, Ireland
Psychoneuroendocrinology 28:332-47. 2003
..These results suggest that selective monoamine re-uptake inhibition produces distinct, but not necessarily exclusive, behavioural responses in the forced swim test...
- Involvement of hypoxia-triggered endoplasmic reticulum stress in outlet obstruction-induced apoptosis in the urinary bladder
Department of Molecular Signaling, Interdisciplinary Graduate School of Medicine and Engineering, University of Yamanashi, Chuo, Yamanashi, Japan
Lab Invest 88:553-63. 2008
..These results suggested that outlet obstruction caused ER stress via hypoxic stress in the bladder and that hypoxia-triggered ER stress may be involved in the induction of apoptosis in BOO...
- Mammalian spermidine synthase--identification of cysteine residues and investigation of the putrescine binding site--
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Josai University, 1 1 Keyakidai, Sakado, Saitama 350 0295, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 27:1327-32. 2004
..Our results indicated that 5-amino-1-pentene and 4MCHA possess comparable inhibitory activities towards the enzyme...
- Effects of di-n-butylamine on the respiratory system of Wistar (WU) rats after subchronic inhalation
Fraunhofer Institut für Toxikologie und Experimentelle Medizin, Nikolai Fuchs Str 1, D 30625 Hannover, Germany
Inhal Toxicol 15:701-13. 2003
- Towards automation of a valuable preclinical cardiac safety pharmacology assay: Evaluation of the effects of cardiac ion channel blockers on cardiac repolarisation in vitro
Ian D Lightbown
Global Safety Pharmacology Group, Drug Safety Research and Development, Pfizer Global Research and Development IPC 388, Ramsgate Road, Sandwich, Kent CT13 9NJ, United Kingdom
J Pharmacol Toxicol Methods 56:194-202. 2007
..The throughput of compound testing in this assay is low therefore we designed a novel recording system to improve screening and animal tissue usage efficiencies...
- A chemical chaperone 4-PBA ameliorates palmitate-induced inhibition of glucose-stimulated insulin secretion (GSIS)
Sung E Choi
Institute for Medical Science, Ajou University School of Medicine, Wonchon dong san 5, Youngtong Gu, Gyunggi Do, 442 749 Suwon, Republic of Korea
Arch Biochem Biophys 475:109-14. 2008
..These data suggested that ER stress was involved in FFA-induced GSIS-inhibition and that the FFA-induced beta cell dysfunction could be ameliorated by treatment with a chemical chaperone...
- Synthesis of 11C-labelled bis(phenylalkyl)amines and their in vitro and in vivo binding properties in rodent and monkey brains
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 27:531-7. 2004
..The present findings indicate that none of these (11)C-labelled analogues have potential for PET study of binding sites on the N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptors...
- Correction of the disease phenotype of myocilin-causing glaucoma by a natural osmolyte
Li Yun Jia
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 50:3743-9. 2009
..To characterize a novel Asp384Asn (D384N) mutant myocilin (MYOC) that causes juvenile-onset open-angle glaucoma (JOAG) and investigate the correction of mutant phenotype by a natural osmolyte, trimethylamine N-oxide (TMAO)...
- Development and in vitro evaluation of a thiomer-based nanoparticulate gene delivery system
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Faculty of Chemistry and Pharmacy, Institute of Pharmacy, Leopold Franzens University Innsbruck, Innrain 52, A 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Biomaterials 28:524-31. 2007
..The combination of improved stability, enhanced pDNA release under reducing conditions, and higher transfection efficiency identifies chitosan-thiobutylamidine as a promising new vector for gene delivery...
- Glycerol, ethylene glycol and propanediol elicit pimaricin biosynthesis in the PI-factor-defective strain Streptomyces natalensis npi287 and increase polyene production in several wild-type actinomycetes
Instituto de Biotecnologia de Leon, INBIOTEC, Parque Cientifico de Leon, Av Real 1, 24006 Leon, Spain
Microbiology 152:3147-56. 2006
..In summary, glycerol, ethylene glycol and propanediol exert a bypass of the PI-factor inducing effect on pimaricin biosynthesis...
- Caffeic acid derivatives production by hairy root cultures of Echinacea purpurea
Chun Zhao Liu
Phytochemical Engineering Group, National Key Laboratory of Biochemical Engineering, Institute of Process Engineering, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100080, People s Republic of China
J Agric Food Chem 54:8456-60. 2006
..purpurea is possible. Furthermore, these hairy root cultures offer, for the very first time, an excellent biological model to study the biosynthetic pathway of medicinally important CADs...
- Water soluble cationic trans-platinum complexes which induce programmed cell death in the protozoan parasite Leishmania infantum
Paul A Nguewa
Departamento de Parasitologia, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad de La Laguna, Tenerife, Spain
J Inorg Biochem 99:727-36. 2005
..To the best of our knowledge, compounds 3 and 4 are the first reported trans-platinum complexes that show antiparasitic activity...
- Cardiovascular pharmacological characterization of novel 2,3-dimethyl-2-butylamine derivatives in rats
Yu Ping Chen
Department of Cardiovascular Pharmacology, Beijing Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, 100850, PR China
Life Sci 75:2131-42. 2004
- On-line derivatization for resonance-enhanced multiphoton ionization time-of-flight mass spectrometry: detection of aliphatic aldehydes and amines via reactive coupling of aromatic photo ionization labels
Department of Chemistry, University of Pretoria, Pretoria 0002, South Africa
Anal Chem 77:1-10. 2005
..Similarly, the methyl-, ethyl-, propyl-, and butylamines were converted into their REMPI-ionizable benzaldehyde alkylimine derivatives by the on-line reaction with ..
- Indolebutylamines as selective 5-HT(1A) agonists
Preclinical Pharmaceutical Research, Merck KGaA, Frankfurter Strasse 250, 64293 Darmstadt, Germany
J Med Chem 47:4677-83. 2004
..3-[4-[4-(4-Methoxyphenyl)piperazin-1-yl]butyl]-1H-indole-5-carboxamide 45 is one of the most potent and selective 5-HT(1A) agonists known [5-HT(1A), IC(50) = 0.09 nM; D(2), IC(50) = 140 nM]...
- Validation of transferability of DBA derivatization and LC-MS/MS determination method for isocyanates via an interlaboratory comparison
TNO Quality of Life, Quality and Safety, Utrechtseweg 48, 3700 AJ Zeist, The Netherlands
Ann Occup Hyg 52:757-63. 2008
..The method was applied in a large field study on exposure of workers in car repair shops and industrial painters with >500 samples...
- Flexible shrink-induced high surface area electrodes for electrochemiluminescent sensing
Jonathan D Pegan
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Lab Chip 13:4205-9. 2013
- Development of an ultrasensitive electrochemiluminescence inhibition method for the determination of tetracyclines
Faculty of Materials Science and Chemical Engineering, The State Key Laboratory Base of Novel Functional Materials and Preparation Science, Ningbo University, Ningbo, Zhejiang 315211, PR China
Anal Chim Acta 688:197-202. 2011
..The relative standard deviations were found in a range of 4.9-14.3%, and the recoveries were obtained from 87.5% to 115.0%. A possible mechanism for the quenching effects of Ru(bpy)(3)(2+)/DBAE system was also proposed...
- Ionic liquid-assisted electrospray ionization of polysaccharides
Yu Ling Chang
Genomics Research Center, Academia Sinica, Nankang, Taipei, Taiwan
J Mass Spectrom 46:367-75. 2011
..Little alkali-attached polysaccharide ions were observed. Ionic liquid-assisted ESI (ILA-ESI) mass spectrometry has significantly improved the detection sensitivity of large neutral polysaccharide compounds...
- Cellular localization and metabolic function of n-butylamine-induced amine oxidases in the fungus Aspergillus niger AKU 3302
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Science, Palacky University, Olomouc, Czech Republic
Arch Microbiol 173:358-65. 2000
..It is also likely that the less active AO-II is an improperly folded precursor of AO-I, which acquired low-level activity after cell homogenization in the presence of Cu(II) and oxygen due to autooxidative formation of topaquinone...
- Effects of molecular structures on reduction properties of formyl groups in chlorophylls and pheophytins prepared from oxygenic photosynthetic organisms
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science and Engineering, Kinki University, Higashi Osaka, Osaka, Japan
Bioorg Med Chem 19:3901-5. 2011
- The utilization of 4-aminobutylphosphonate as sole nitrogen source by a strain of Kluyveromyces fragilis
N G Ternan
School of Environmental Studies, University of Ulster, Coleraine, UK
FEMS Microbiol Lett 184:237-40. 2000
..fragilis pregrown on 2.5 mM 4-aminobutylphosphonate. None of the organophosphonates tested served as a source of carbon or phosphorus for K. fragilis...
- Heparin-like glycosaminoglycan/amine salt-bridge interactions: a new potential tool for HLGAGs analysis using mass spectrometry
Laboratoire de Chimie Structurale Organique et Biologique UMR 7201, University of Paris VI, Batiment F, 7eme etage, Boite 45, 4 place Jussieu, F75252 Paris Cedex 05, France
J Mass Spectrom 46:689-95. 2011
..The glycosaminoglycans are detected as a non-covalent complex with amines. In fact, the observed ionic species and their gas-phase dissociation under CID conditions revealed the presence of salt bridge interactions in the gas phase...
- Reduction of endoplasmic reticulum stress using chemical chaperones or Grp78 overexpression does not protect muscle cells from palmitate-induced insulin resistance
INSERM UMR 1060, CarMeN laboratory, Lyon 1 University, Rockefeller Medical Faculty and Charles Merieux Lyon Sud Medical School, Lyon, France
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 417:439-45. 2012
- Dispersive solid phase extraction combined with ion-pair ultra high-performance liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry for quantification of nucleotides in Lactococcus lactis
Metabolic Signaling and Regulation Group, Department of Systems Biology, Technical University of Denmark, DK 2800 Kgs Lyngby, Denmark
Anal Biochem 440:166-77. 2013
..L. lactis samples had an energy charge of 0.97 ± 0.001 which was consistent with literature, whereas some differences were observed compared with legacy data based on ³³P labeling...
- Optimized S-trityl-L-cysteine-based inhibitors of kinesin spindle protein with potent in vivo antitumor activity in lung cancer xenograft models
James A D Good
Molecular Motors Laboratory, The Beatson Institute for Cancer Research, Garscube Estate, Switchback Road, Glasgow G61 1BD, Scotland, UK
J Med Chem 56:1878-93. 2013
..We present the case for this preclinical series to be investigated in single and combination chemotherapies, especially targeting hematological malignancies...
- Cloning, analysis, and overexpression of the gene encoding isobutylamine N-hydroxylase from the valanimycin producer, Streptomyces viridifaciens
R J Parry
Department of Chemistry, Rice University, Houston, Texas 77251, USA
J Bacteriol 179:409-16. 1997
..strain IGT38, a flavoprotein involved in the oxidation of dibenzothiophene to the corresponding sulfone. Significant similarities were also found between the amino acid sequence of IBAH and those of the acyl coenzyme A dehydrogenases...
- Study of primary amines for nucleophilic cleavage of cyanylated cystinyl proteins in disulfide mass mapping methodology
Jose Luis Gallegos-Perez
Department of Chemistry, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Anal Biochem 346:311-9. 2005
..Further, the concurrent use of homologous nucleophiles (e.g., ammonia and methylamine) facilitates recognition and identification of cleavage products...
- Isopropylamino and isobutylamino groups as recognition sites for carbohydrates: acyclic receptors with enhanced binding affinity toward β-galactosides
Institut für Organische Chemie der Technischen Universität Braunschweig, Hagenring 30, 38106 Braunschweig, Germany
J Org Chem 75:6416-23. 2010
- Antagonists of the human CCR5 receptor as anti-HIV-1 agents. Part 2: structure-activity relationships for substituted 2-Aryl-1-[N-(methyl)-N-(phenylsulfonyl)amino]-4-(piperidin-1-yl)butanes
P E Finke
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Merck Research Laboratories, Rahway, NJ 07065, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 11:265-70. 2001
..The phenyl was found to be important for CCR5 antagonism and substitution was limited to small moieties at the 3-position (13 and 16: X= H, 3-F, 3-Cl, 3-Me)...
- Polyamines as olfactory stimuli in the goldfish Carassius auratus
S H Rolen
Department of Biological Sciences, Louisiana State University, Life Sciences Building Room 202, Baton Rouge, LA 70830, USA
J Exp Biol 206:1683-96. 2003
..Behavioral assays indicated that polyamines are attractants that elicit feeding behavior similar to that elicited by L-amino acids...
- Synthesis of (-)-arctigenin derivatives and their anticancer activity
College of Pharmacy, Liaoning University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, 77 Life one Road, DD Port, Dalian 116600, China
Nat Prod Res 26:177-81. 2012
..The synthesis of four new (-)-arctigenin derivatives and their anticancer bioactivities were examined. The structures of the four new synthetic derivatives were elucidated...
- Trachea relaxing effects and beta2-selectivity of SPFF, a newly developed bronchodilating agent, in guinea pigs and rabbits
Le Ling Gan
Department of Pharmacology, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, China
Biol Pharm Bull 26:323-8. 2003
..From the results above we suggested that SPFF was a potent, long-acting bronchodilator with relatively higher beta(2) adrenoceptor selectivity...
- Identification of genes essential for the biogenesis of quinohemoprotein amine dehydrogenase
Department of Structural Molecular Biology, Institute of Scientific and Industrial Research, Osaka University, Ibaraki, Osaka 567 0047, Japan
Biochemistry 53:895-907. 2014
..Database analysis of the qhp genes reveals that they are very widely distributed, not only in many Gram-negative species but also in a few Gram-positive bacteria. ..
- The relationship of clinical QT prolongation to outcome in the conscious dog using a beat-to-beat QT-RR interval assessment
Anthony A Fossa
Pfizer Global Research and Development, Eastern Point Road, Building 118, MS 4036, Groton, CT 06340, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 302:828-33. 2002
..Inspection of the beat-to-beat QT-RR interval relationship in an individual animal can increase the sensitivity for more accurate clinical prediction...
- Ionization mechanism of the ambient pressure pyroelectric ion source (APPIS) and its applications to chemical nerve agent detection
Evan L Neidholdt
Noyes Laboratory of Chemical Physics and the Beckman Institute, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California 91125, USA
J Am Soc Mass Spectrom 20:2093-9. 2009
..We demonstrate this application using simulants corresponding to VX and GA (Tabun). With the present source configuration pyridine is detected readily at a concentration of 4 ppm, indicating ultimate sensitivity in the high ppb range...
- Insights into the mechanism of separation of heparin and heparan sulfate disaccharides by reverse-phase ion-pair chromatography
Christopher J Jones
Department of Chemistry, University of California, 501 Big Springs Rd, Riverside, CA 92521, USA
J Chromatogr A 1217:479-88. 2010
..This approach should also be applicable to the analysis of other compound classes, and could lead to a general approach for the chromatographic resolution of mixtures of charged analytes having similar structures...
- Gold(I)-catalyzed ring expansions of unactivated alkynylcyclopropanes to (e)-2-alkylidenecyclobutanamines in the presence of sulfonamides
Beijing National Laboratory for Molecular Sciences BNLMS, Key Laboratory of Bioorganic Chemistry and Molecular Engineering of Ministry of Education, College of Chemistry, Peking University, Beijing 100871, China
Org Lett 12:804-7. 2010
..The reaction tolerates a range of aryl and alkyl substituents with moderate to good yields...
- New reactions of N-tert-butylimines; formation of N-heterocycles by methyl radical elimination on flash vacuum thermolysis of N-benzylidene- and N-(2-pyridylmethylidene)-tert-butylamines
Thien Y Vu
Universite de Pau et des Pays de l Adour, Institut des Sciences Analytiques et de Physico chimie pour l Environnement et les Matériaux, UMR CNRS 5254, 64000 Pau France Université Nationale du Vietnam, à Ho Chi Minh Ville, 227 Nguen Van Cu, 5è arr Ho Chi Minh Ville Vietnam
Chemistry 19:14983-8. 2013
Thermal reactions of N-benzylidene- and N-(2-pyridylmethylidene)-tert-butylamines (5 and 13) under FVT conditions have been investigated. Unexpectedly, at 800 °C, compound 5 yields 1,2-dimethylindole and 3-methylisoquinoline...
- Stand-off tissue-based biosensors for the detection of chemical warfare agents using photosynthetic fluorescence induction
C A Sanders
Chemical Technology Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, TN 37831 6194, USA
Biosens Bioelectron 16:439-46. 2001
..With additional research and development, these biosensors may find application in stand-off detection of chemical and perhaps biological warfare agents under real-world conditions...
- Molecular design of a new class of spin-labeled ribonucleosides with N-tert-butylaminoxyl radicals
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka 812-8582, Japan
J Org Chem 66:3513-20. 2001
..An EPR study showed that the aminoxyl radicals (2, 3, and 4) were stable and that their hyperfine structures were dependent on the position of the radical. Electron densities of pyrimidine also affected hyperfine structures...
- The water-hydrophobic interface: neutral and charged solute adsorption at fluorocarbon and hydrocarbon self-assembled monolayers (SAMs)
Adam J Hopkins
Department of Chemistry, University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403, USA
Appl Spectrosc 67:261-73. 2013
..The results indicate that differences in surface functionality have a significant impact on the organization of adsorbed organic species at hydrophobic surfaces...
- The "bridge" game: role of the fourth player in chiral recognition
Dipartimento degli Studi di Chimica e Tecnologie del Farmaco, Universita di Roma La Sapienza, 00185 Roma, Italy
Chemistry 17:3078-81. 2011
..Gas-phase experiments have indicated that at least a fourth "player" must be considered: the rigidity that a receptor opposes to distortions of its cavity resulting from noncovalent interactions with a chiral molecule (see picture)...
- Development of a gas chromatography method for the estimation of alkylamines in foods
Unilever R and D, Bangalore, No 64, Main Road, Whitefield, Bangalore 560 066, India
J Agric Food Chem 58:8904-10. 2010
..paper reports for the first time quantitative data on four alkylamines, ethyl-, propyl-, isopropyl-, and sec-butylamines, in commonly consumed fruits and vegetables...
- Mechanisms of modified LDL-induced pericyte loss and retinal injury in diabetic retinopathy
Harold Hamm Diabetes Center and Section of Endocrinology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, 1000 N Lincoln Blvd, Suite 2900, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Diabetologia 55:3128-40. 2012
..In previous studies we have shown that extravasated, modified LDL is associated with pericyte loss, an early feature of diabetic retinopathy (DR). Here we sought to determine detailed mechanisms of this LDL-induced pericyte loss...
- Interaction of protonated merocyanine dyes with amines in organic solvents
Eduardo Alberton Ribeiro
Departamento de Quimica, Universidade Regional de Blumenau, FURB, Blumenau, SC, 89010 971, Brazil
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 81:745-53. 2011
- Epigenetic treatment of neurological disease
Steven G Gray
Translational Cancer Research Group, Department of Clinical Medicine, Institute of Molecular Medicine, Trinity Centre for Health Sciences, St James s Hospital, James s Street, Dublin 8, Ireland
Epigenomics 3:431-50. 2011
..Finally, some of the potential mechanisms to specifically target these proteins within the neurological setting are discussed...
- Studies on the interaction mechanism of aminopyrene derivatives with human tumor-related DNA
Jiangsu Key Laboratory of New Power Batteries, School of Chemistry and Materials Science, Nanjing Normal University, Nanjing 210097, China
J Photochem Photobiol B 123:32-40. 2013
..PAGE results showed that the binding of amino-PAHs could further change the conformation of DNA sequences from the duplex to the antiparallel G-quadruplex...
- Fluorescence quenching of Rhodamine B base by two amines
Department of Physics, Annamalai University, Annamalainagar 608 002, Tamil Nadu, India
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 105:557-62. 2013
..The rate constants for the quenching process have been calculated using Stern-Volmer equation. Time resolved fluorescence study and (1)H NMR spectral study have also been carried out and discussed...
- An electrochemiluminescence sensor based on a Ru(bpy)3(2+)-silica-chitosan/nanogold composite film
Zhi min Cai
Department of Chemistry and Key Laboratory of Analytical Sciences of Xiamen University, College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Xiamen University, Xiamen 361005, China
Talanta 94:356-60. 2012
..ECL studies revealed that the sensor had very good response to different concentrations of 2-(dibutylamino) ethanol. This sensor was also applied in methamphetamine determination...
- Endoplasmic reticulum stress mediates aristolochic acid I-induced apoptosis in human renal proximal tubular epithelial cells
School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510006, PR China
Toxicol In Vitro 26:663-71. 2012
..Taken together, these results suggest that the ER stress response is involved in apoptosis induced by AAI in HK-2 cells, thus offering a new insight into the nephrotoxicity of AAI...
- Evaluating the role of curcum powder as a protective factor against bladder cancer--an experimental study
Biochemistry Department, Faculty of Pharmacy, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 13:5287-90. 2012
..coli. These findings suggested that curcum may have a protective role during the process of bladder carcinogenesis by inhibiting the NF-κB pathway and its downstream products...
- Modification of neodymium-doped ZnO hybrid nanoparticles under mild hydrothermal conditions
Faculty of Environmental Health Engineering, Kurdistan University of Medical Sciences, Sanandaj 66174, Iran
Nanoscale 2:1160-4. 2010
..The work proved the efficiency of caprylic acid and n-butylamine as suitable surfactants for surface modification of neodymium-doped ZnO hybrid nanoparticles...
- Towards molecular diversity: dealkylation of tert-butyl amine in Ugi-type multicomponent reaction product establishes tert-butyl isocyanide as a useful convertible isonitrile
Sankar K Guchhait
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research NIPER, S A S Nagar Mohali 160062, Punjab, India
Org Biomol Chem 8:3631-4. 2010
- Characterization of a model compound for the lysine tyrosylquinone cofactor of lysyl oxidase
Department of Applied Bioorganic Chemistry, Division of Life Science, Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Tohoku University, 1 1 Tsutsumidori Amamiyamachi, Aobaku, Sendai, 981 8555, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 281:193-9. 2001
..0. In the presence of beta-aminopropionitrile and upon deoxygenation with N2 aldelyde, production was decreased. The important features of the reaction were consistent with the enzymatic reaction...
- Effects of amine modifiers on the separation of tetramethylrhodamine-labeled mono- and oligosaccharides by capillary zone electrophoresis
H D Osthoff
Department of Chemistry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
J Chromatogr A 895:285-90. 2000
..The separation was significantly improved in the presence of the organic modifiers methyl- and ethylamines, but worsened in the presence of propyl- and butylamines. Possible mechanisms of the amine additives are discussed.
- Reactivity of the insecticide fenitrothion toward O and N nucleophiles
Natalia M Rougier
Instituto de Investigaciones en Fisicoquimica de Cordoba INFIQC, Departamento de Quimica Organica, Facultad de Ciencias Quimicas, Universidad Nacional de Cordoba, Medina Allende y Haya de la Torre, Argentina
J Org Chem 75:3427-36. 2010
..With HOO(-), NH(2)OH, and NH(2)O(-) a significant alpha-effect was observed, confirming the participation of the nucleophile in the rate-limiting step of the reaction...
- Comparison of the omega-transaminases from different microorganisms and application to production of chiral amines
J S Shin
School of Chemical Engineering and Institute for Molecular Biology and Genetics, Seoul National University, Korea
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 65:1782-8. 2001
..fluvialis JS17. Enantiomeric excess of (R)-sec-butylamine reached 94.7% after 12 h of reaction...
- Machine learning of chemical reactivity from databases of organic reactions
Gonçalo V S M Carrera
REQUIMTE, CQFB, Departamento de Quimica, Faculdade de Ciencias e Tecnologia, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, 2829 516 Caparica, Portugal
J Comput Aided Mol Des 23:419-29. 2009
..While NaCNBH3 is a selective reducing reagent widely used in organic synthesis, BuNH2 is a nucleophile that mimics the reactivity of the lysine side chain (involved in an initiating step of the mechanism leading to skin sensitization)...
- Dual-sensitive probe 1-imidazole-2-(5-benzoacridine)-ethanone for the determination of amines in environmental water using HPLC with fluorescence detection and online atmospheric chemical ionization-mass spectrometry identification
Northwest Plateau Institute of Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Xining 810001, PR China
Talanta 80:1392-9. 2010
..Therefore, the facile IBAE intermediate derivatization allowed the development of a highly sensitive and specific method for the quantitative analysis of trace levels of amines in environmental water...
- Study of highly efficient bimetallic ruthenium tris-bipyridyl ECL labels for coreactant system
State Key Laboratory of Fine Chemicals, Dalian University of Technology, No 158 40, Zhongshanlu, Xigang District 116012, Dalian, China
Anal Chem 81:10227-31. 2009
..This is the highest ECL detection limit for bimetallic system reported until now. The study provides a general methodology to further improve and tune the ECL efficiency by using multimetallic ruthenium complexes...
- Effect of the regiochemistry of butyl amide substituents on the solution-state structures of lanthanide(III) DOTA-tetraamide complexes
Department of Chemistry, University of Texas at Dallas, 800 W Campbell Road, Richardson, Texas 75080, USA
Inorg Chem 48:10338-45. 2009
..Unlike chiral complexes with larger amide substituents there is no "locking" effect of the orientation of the pendant arms in these complexes and up to four diastereoisomeric coordination isomers can be observed...
- Synthesis and antifungal activity of beta-trifluoroalkyl aminovinyl ketone derivatives
Department of Biological Chemistry, Ariel University Center of Samaria, Ariel 40700, Israel
J Agric Food Chem 57:8303-7. 2009
..We propose that (Z)-3-amino-4,4,4-trifluoro-1-phenylbut-2-en-1-one is the minimal structural requirement for a beta-trifluoroalkyl aminovinyl ketone fungitoxic derivative...
- Involvement of semicarbazide-sensitive amine oxidase-mediated deamination in atherogenesis in KKAy diabetic mice fed with high cholesterol diet
P H Yu
Neuropsychiatry Research Unit, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Diabetologia 45:1255-62. 2002
..The deaminated products include the toxic aldehydes, formaldehyde and methylglyoxal, respectively, hydrogen peroxide and ammonia...
- Molecular and mechanistic properties of the membrane-bound mitochondrial monoamine oxidases
Dale E Edmondson
Department of Biochemistry, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Biochemistry 48:4220-30. 2009
..This review summarizes the current structural and mechanistic information available that can be utilized in the development of future highly specific neuroprotectants and cardioprotectants...
- Do amines react with protonated peptides in the gas phase via transacylation reactions to induce peptide bond cleavage?
R A O'Hair
School of Chemistry, The University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria 3010, Australia
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 14:1707-16. 2000
..MS(4) experiments, carried out to determine the nature of the [b(n) + BuNH(2)](+) ions, reveal that they correspond to a mixture of hydrogen bonded (i.e. proton bound dimer) and covalent amide bond structures...
- CYP2D6 and CYP2C19 genotypes of patients with terodiline cardiotoxicity identified through the yellow card system
G A Ford
Department of Pharmacological Sciences, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Br J Clin Pharmacol 50:77-80. 2000
..We sought to determine whether CYP2D6 (debrisoquine hydroxylase) or CYP2C19 (S-mephenytoin hydroxylase) status is a risk factor for terodiline cardiotoxicity...
- Benzonatate overdose associated with seizures and arrhythmias
B I Crouch
University of Utah, Salt Lake City, USA
J Toxicol Clin Toxicol 36:713-8. 1998
..Therefore, laboratory analysis of benzonatate is difficult. We report 2 cases of benzonatate poisoning with seizures and cardiac arrest and an analytical method to identify and quantify benzonatate in human plasma...
- Soybean and ascorbate feeding in experimental carcinogenesis: immunological studies
A M Medhat
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Science, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt
Tumori 77:372-8. 1991
..These agents were found to be capable of increasing the defense mechanism of rats by enhancing both cellular and humoral immunity in the presence of the carcinogenic nitrosamine precursors dibutylamine and sodium nitrite...
- The effect of terodiline on hyperreflexia (in vivo) and the in vitro response of isolated strips of rabbit bladder to field stimulation, bethanechol and KCL
R M Levin
Division of Urology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104
Pharmacology 46:346-52. 1993
- [Anticholinergic therapy of urinary incontinence and urinary frequency associated with the elderly--with special reference to dementia]
Department of Urology, Kinki University School of Medicine
Nihon Hinyokika Gakkai Zasshi 84:1068-73. 1993
..This suggests that the major cause of incontinence in demented patients is not the bladder dysfunction but the specific conditions of demented patients such as agnosia and apraxia...
- Ion chromatography of amylamine and tert.-butylamine in pharmaceuticals
N K Jagota
Analytical R and D, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Pharmaceutical Research Institute, New Brunswick, NJ 08903-0191, USA
J Chromatogr A 739:343-9. 1996
..9993). The method for TBA was linear from 5 to 30% (w/w) (50-300 micrograms/ml, n = 8, r = 0.9993) of working sample concentration (1 mg/ml BMS-188 494-04). The precision and accuracy of the methods are presented...
- A microgonotropen branched decaaza decabutylamine and its DNA and DNA/transcription factor interactions
T C Bruice
Department of Chemistry, University of California, Santa Barbara 93106, USA
Bioorg Med Chem 5:685-92. 1997
..Results of studies of the inhibition of the binding of several proteins to target DNA are discussed. Binding of the E2F1 transcription factor to its DNA target is 50% inhibited at approximately 2 nM concentration of 8...
- ATP-dependent lysis of isolated lysosomes by basic substances and acidic ionophores
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kanazawa University, Ishikawa, Japan
Cell Struct Funct 22:253-68. 1997
..Furthermore, this lysosomal disruption was inhibited by cytosolic factors. This phenomenon will provide an in vitro system for studies on osmoregulation and the intracellular dynamics of the lysosomal system, including membrane fusion...