Summary: A metabolite of BROMHEXINE that stimulates mucociliary action and clears the air passages in the respiratory tract. It is usually administered as the hydrochloride.
Publications125 found, 100 shown here
- Simultaneous determination of roxithromycin and ambroxol hydrochloride in a new tablet formulation by liquid chromatographyMeiling Qi
Department of Chemistry, School of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science, Beijing Institute of Technology, Beijing 100081, PR China
J Pharm Biomed Anal 35:1287-91. 2004..and accurate liquid chromatographic method is described for the simultaneous determination of roxithromycin and ambroxol hydrochloride in a new tablet formulation...
- Oral sustained delivery of ambroxol from in situ-gelling pectin formulationsWataru Kubo
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Health Science University of Hokkaido, Ishikari-Tohbetsu, Hokkaido 061-0293, Japan
Int J Pharm 271:233-40. 2004..0 and 1.5%, w/v) to rats were evaluated as vehicles for the sustained release of the expectorant drug ambroxol hydrochloride...
- Spectrophotometric estimation of ambroxol and cetirizine hydrochloride from tablet dosage formN M Gowekar
Department of Pharmaceutics, Maharashtra Institute of Pharmacy, Paud Road, Kothrud, Pune 3
Pak J Pharm Sci 20:250-1. 2007Fixed dose combination tablets containing ambroxol HCl and cetirizine HCl are clinically used as mucolytic and antiallergic...
- Mucoactive agents for airway mucus hypersecretory diseasesDuncan F Rogers
Airway Disease, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College London, Dovehouse Street, London SW3 6LY, United Kingdom
Respir Care 52:1176-93; discussion 1193-7. 2007..are a longstanding and popular therapeutic option, and numerous compounds (eg, N-acetylcysteine, erdosteine, and ambroxol) are available for clinical use worldwide...
- [Determination of ambroxol and clenbuterol in human plasma by LC-MS/MS method]Nan Lin
Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 201203, China
Yao Xue Xue Bao 42:308-13. 2007b>Ambroxol and clenbuterol were extracted from human plasma samples by liquid-liquid extraction, ambroxol was separated on a Zorbax XDB-C18 column and detected by tandem mass spectrometry with an atmospheric pressure chemical ionization ..
- Identification and characterization of ambroxol as an enzyme enhancement agent for Gaucher diseaseGustavo H B Maegawa
Division of Clinical and Metabolic Genetics, Department of Paediatrics, The Hospital for Sick Children, 555 University Ave, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X8, Canada
J Biol Chem 284:23502-16. 2009..b>Ambroxol (ABX), a drug used to treat airway mucus hypersecretion and hyaline membrane disease in newborns, was identified ..
- The protective effects of ambroxol on radiation lung injury and influence on production of transforming growth factor beta1 and tumor necrosis factor alphaDe Hong Xia
Jiangyin Hospital of Medical College, Southeast University, 214400, Jiangyin, Jiangsu Province, People s Republic of China
Med Oncol 27:697-701. 2010The aim of this article was to investigate the effect of ambroxol on radiation lung injury and the expression of transforming growth factor beta(1) (TGF-beta(1)), as well as tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF-alpha) in plasma...
- Pharmacokinetic properties of single-dose loratadine and ambroxol alone and combined in tablet formulations in healthy menJosé Villacampa
Department of Pharmaceutical Development, Schering Plough, S A de C V, Mexico City, Mexico
Clin Ther 25:2225-32. 2003..The most frequent symptoms are throat soreness and cough; therefore, a new formulation combining loratadine and ambroxol hydrochloride was designed to treat these 2 major symptoms...
- Simultaneous determination of multi drug components Theophylline, Etofylline, Guaiphenesine and Ambroxol Hydrochloride by validated RP-HPLC method in liquid dosage formJainendra Kumar Jain
KM College of Pharmacy, Madurai 625107, Tamilnadu, India
Pak J Pharm Sci 21:151-8. 2008..e., Theophylline, Etofylline, Guaiphenesine and Ambroxol Hydrochloride in a liquid dosage form...
- Block of sensory neuronal Na+ channels by the secreolytic ambroxol is associated with an interaction with local anesthetic binding sitesAndreas Leffler
Department of Anesthesiology, Friedrich Alexander University Erlangen Nuremberg, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Eur J Pharmacol 630:19-28. 2010..The secreolytic ambroxol reduces pain-related behavior in rodents and alleviates pain in humans...
- Antinociceptive effect of ambroxol in rats with neuropathic spinal cord injury painAldric T Hama
The Miami Project to Cure Paralysis, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 97:249-55. 2010..b>Ambroxol has previously demonstrated antinociceptive effects in rat chronic pain models and has also shown to potently ..
- Inhibition of tetrodotoxin (TTX)-resistant and TTX-sensitive neuronal Na(+) channels by the secretolytic ambroxolThomas Weiser
Department CNS Research, Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma KG, Ingelheim, Germany
Mol Pharmacol 62:433-8. 2002b>Ambroxol has a long history for the treatment of airway diseases because of its beneficial effects on surfactant synthesis and mucus-modifying properties...
- Determination of ambroxol hydrochloride, methylparaben and benzoic acid in pharmaceutical preparations based on sequential injection technique coupled with monolithic columnDalibor Satinsky
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Charles University, Heyrovskeho 1203, Hradec Kralove 500 05, Czech Republic
J Pharm Biomed Anal 40:287-93. 2006..In this contribution, a new separation method for simultaneous determination of ambroxol, methylparaben and benzoic acid was developed based on a novel reversed-phase sequential injection chromatography ..
- Upregulation of AQP3 and AQP5 induced by dexamethasone and ambroxol in A549 cellsYong Ben
Department of Pulmonary Medicine, Zhongshan Hospital, Fudan University, No 180 Fenglin Road, Shanghai 20032, China
Respir Physiol Neurobiol 161:111-8. 2008..In the airways, AQP3 and AQP4 facilitate water transport. Dexamethasone and ambroxol are often used to treat patients with pulmonary diseases accompanied by airway hypersecretion...
- The effect of taste masking agents on in situ gelling pectin formulations for oral sustained delivery of paracetamol and ambroxolShozo Miyazaki
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Health Science University of Hokkaido, Ishikari-Tohbetsu, Hokkaido 061-0293, Japan
Int J Pharm 297:38-49. 2005..properties of in situ gelling pectin formulations and on the in vitro and in vivo release of paracetamol and ambroxol from these formulations...
- Ambroxol, a Nav1.8-preferring Na(+) channel blocker, effectively suppresses pain symptoms in animal models of chronic, neuropathic and inflammatory painWolfram Gaida
Department of CNS Research, Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH and Co KG, D-88397 Biberach, Germany
Neuropharmacology 49:1220-7. 2005..Recently, the secretolytic ambroxol was found to preferentially inhibit Nav1.8 channels...
- Determination of ambroxol or bromhexine in pharmaceuticals by capillary isotachophoresisM Pospisilova
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Charles University, Hradec Kralove, Heyrovskeho, Czech Republic
J Pharm Biomed Anal 24:421-8. 2001Expectorant drugs ambroxol (AX) and bromhexine (BX) were determined by capillary isotachophoresis (ITP) with conductimetric detection...
- Determination of ambroxol in human plasma using LC-MS/MSHohyun Kim
Department of Pharmacokinetics, Seoul Clinical Laboratories, Seoul Medical Science Institute, 7 14 Dongbinggo Dong, Yongsan gu, Seoul 140 809, South Korea
J Pharm Biomed Anal 32:209-16. 2003..chromatographic method coupled with tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) was developed for the quantification of ambroxol in human plasma...
- High performance liquid chromatographic determination of ambroxol in the presence of different preservatives in pharmaceutical formulationsJ E Koundourellis
Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Analysis, School of Pharmacy, Aristotelian University, Thessaloniki, Greece
J Pharm Biomed Anal 23:469-75. 2000A high-performance chromatographic method is described for simultaneous determination of ambroxol in the presence of different preservatives in syrups...
- Effect of twelve-months therapy with oral ambroxol in preventing exacerbations in patients with COPD. Double-blind, randomized, multicenter, placebo-controlled study (the AMETHIST Trial)Mario Malerba
Dipartimento di Medicina Interna, 1 Divisione di Medicina, University of Brescia, Spedali Civili, P le Spedali Civili, 25100 Brescia, Italy
Pulm Pharmacol Ther 17:27-34. 2004..double-blind, placebo-controlled, multicenter parallel-group study was to evaluate the effect of long-term ambroxol treatment in preventing exacerbations of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)...
- Simultaneous high-throughput determination of clenbuterol, ambroxol and bromhexine in pharmaceutical formulations by HPLC with potentiometric detectionGrzegorz Bazylak
Faculty of Science and Biomedicine, Department of Chemistry, University of Antwerp RUCA, Groenenborgerlaan 171, B 2020 Antwerp, Belgium
J Pharm Biomed Anal 32:887-903. 2003Potentiometric detection of clenbuterol, ambroxol and bromhexine in marketed pharmaceuticals was described in six isocratic HPLC systems...
- Ambroxol inhibits peroxynitrite-induced damage of alpha1-antiproteinase and free radical production in activated phagocytic cellsChung Soo Lee
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, Chung Ang University, Seoul, South Korea
Pharmacol Toxicol 91:140-9. 2002The present study examined the effect of ambroxol on toxic action of peroxynitrite and the respiratory burst in activated phagocytic cells...
- Ambroxol as an inhibitor of nitric oxide-dependent activation of soluble guanylate cyclaseI S Severina
Institute of Biomedical Chemistry, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, 10 Pogodinskaya Str, 119832, Moscow, Russia
Eur J Pharmacol 407:61-4. 2000The influence of ambroxol on the activity of human platelet soluble guanylate cyclase and rat lung soluble guanylate cyclase was investigated. Ambroxol in the concentration range from 0...
- Effect of early ambroxol treatment on lung functions in mechanically ventilated preterm newborns who subsequently developed a bronchopulmonary dysplasia (BPD)G Schmalisch
Department of Neonatology Charité, Humboldt University Berlin, Germany
Respir Med 94:378-84. 2000..In a randomized trial in 102 preterm newborns with respiratory distress syndrome (RDS) it has been shown that early Ambroxol treatment (30 mg kg(-1) over the first 5 days) significantly reduces the incidence of RDS-associated ..
- Depressant effects of ambroxol and erdosteine on cytokine synthesis, granule enzyme release, and free radical production in rat alveolar macrophages activated by lipopolysaccharideYoon Young Jang
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, Chung-Ang University, Seoul 156-756, South Korea
Pharmacol Toxicol 92:173-9. 2003The present study examined the effects of ambroxol and erdosteine, bronchial expectorants, on the cytokine synthesis, granule enzyme release, and free radical production in rat alveolar macrophages activated by lipopolysaccharide...
- Inhibition of inflammatory responses by ambroxol, a mucolytic agent, in a murine model of acute lung injury induced by lipopolysaccharideXiao Su
Research Institute of Respiratory Diseases, Zhongshan Hospital, Fudan University, 200032 Shanghai, PR China
Intensive Care Med 30:133-40. 2004OBJECTIVE: The aim of this study is to investigate whether ambroxol inhibits inflammatory responses in a murine model of lipopolysaccharide-induced acute lung injury (ALI)...
- Ambroxol suppresses influenza-virus proliferation in the mouse airway by increasing antiviral factor levelsB Yang
Division of Enzyme Chemistry, Institute for Enzyme Research, The University of Tokushima, Japan
Eur Respir J 19:952-8. 2002The protective effect of ambroxol, a mucolytic agent which has antioxidant properties and stimulates the release of pulmonary surfactant, against influenza-virus proliferation in the airway was investigated in mice...
- [A near-infrared diffuse reflectance analysis method for the noninvasive quantitative analysis of ambroxol hydrochloride tablets]Mei-ling Sun
Center for Instrumental Analysis, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing 210009, China
Yao Xue Xue Bao 39:60-3. 2004..a near-infrared diffuse reflectance analysis (NIRDRA) method for rapid noninvasive quantitative determination of ambroxol hydrochloride in half-finished product particles and non-blister-packed, blistered tablets...
- [Ambroxol-induced toxicoderma]N Saad
Ann Dermatol Venereol 133:181-2. 2006
- [Efficacy of combined drug therapy using a macrolide antibiotic and an antihistamine for adult patients with chronic paranasal sinusitis]Tsutomu Ueda
Jpn J Antibiot 56:162-5. 2003
- [Comparison of the effect of ambroxol and dexamethasone on the expression of pulmonary surfactant proteins in the fetal rat lungs]Xue-ming Fu
Department of Neonatology, Children's Hospital, Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing 400014, China
Zhonghua Er Ke Za Zhi 42:450-3. 2004OBJECTIVE: To investigate the effects of maternally administered dexamethasone and ambroxol on the mRNA levels of surfactant proteins (SP-A, SP-B and SP-C) expression in fetal rat lungs at gestational age day 19...
- Ambroxol reduces LPS toxicity mediated by induction of alkaline phosphatases in rat lungIwao Koyama
Department of Medical Technology, Junior College, Saitama Medical School, Moroyama, Iruma, Saitama, Japan
Clin Biochem 37:688-93. 2004Alkaline phosphatases (APs) have been suggested to detoxify lipopolysaccharide (LPS) by dephosphorylation. Ambroxol, a bronchial expectorant, is known to accelerate the secretion of pulmonary surfactant particles including AP molecules as ..
- Proteases essential for human influenza virus entry into cells and their inhibitors as potential therapeutic agentsHiroshi Kido
Division of Enzyme Chemistry, Institute for Enzyme Research, The University of Tokushima, Kuramoto cho 3 18 15, Tokushima 770 8503, Japan
Curr Pharm Des 13:405-14. 2007..We also found that ambroxol, a mucolytic and anti-oxidant agent, up-regulates the levels of endogenous protease inhibitory compounds in the ..
- Simultaneous determination and pharmacokinetic study of roxithromycin and ambroxol hydrochloride in human plasma by LC-MS/MSTai jun Hang
Department of Pharmaceutical Analysis, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing, PR China
Clin Chim Acta 382:20-4. 2007Although roxithromycin and ambroxol HCl were often administered concomitantly for the treatment of respiratory infections, the pharmacokinetic interactions between them have not been reported...
- Direct, non-destructive quantitative measurement of an active pharmaceutical ingredient in an intact capsule formulation using Raman spectroscopyJaejin Kim
Department of Chemistry, Hanyang University, Seoul 133 791, South Korea
Anal Chim Acta 598:280-5. 2007The active pharmaceutical ingredient (ambroxol) in an intact capsule formulation has been non-destructively quantified using Raman spectroscopy...
- Determination of roxithromycin in rat lung tissue by liquid chromatography-mass spectrometryPeng Wang
Shenyang Pharmtech Institute of Pharmaceuticals, Shenyang 110016, China
J Pharm Biomed Anal 39:618-23. 2005..The present study demonstrates that the concentration of roxithromycin in rat lung tissues can be significantly increased by ambroxol when they are formulated in combination.
- Determination of ambroxol in an automated multi-pumping pulsed flow systemJoão L M Santos
REQUIMTE, Departamento de Quimica Fisica, Faculdade de Farmacia, Universidade do Porto, Rua Anibal Cunha 164, 4050 047 Porto, Portugal
Anal Sci 21:461-4. 2005..flow methodology exploiting the multi-pumping approach was developed for the spectrophotometric determination of ambroxol hydrochloride in pharmaceutical preparations...
- [Protective effects of ambroxol on lung injury during cardiacpulmonary bypass in patients undergoing valve replacement]Hai-yang Zhou
Zhong Nan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 29:723-4. 2004
- Safety and usage pattern of an over-the-counter ambroxol cough syrup: a community pharmacy-based cohort studyM Schulz
Center for Drug Information and Pharmacy Practice, ABDA Federal Union of German Associations of Pharmacists, Berlin, Germany
Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther 44:409-21. 2006Mucoactive substances such as ambroxol, available in several countries as over-the-counter (OTC) medicines, are used for the treatment of acute and chronic bronchitis.
- Secretory leukoprotease inhibitor and pulmonary surfactant serve as principal defenses against influenza A virus infection in the airway and chemical agents up-regulating their levels may have therapeutic potentialHiroshi Kido
Division of Enzyme Chemistry, Institute for Enzyme Research, The University of Tokushima, Kuramoto cho 3 18 15, Tokushima 770 8503, Japan
Biol Chem 385:1029-34. 2004..One of these compounds, ambroxol, is a mucolytic and anti-oxidant agent that stimulates the release of secretory leukoprotease inhibitor and ..
- [Clinical observation on Biyan Qingdu Granule and ambroxol hydrochloride in treating secretory otitis media]Ying Guo
Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao 2:277, 291. 2004
- [Ambroxol]Oznur Akkoca Yildiz
Tuberk Toraks 54:3-14. 2006
- Enhanced resistance to Sendai virus infection in DBA/2J mice with a botanical drug combination (Sinupret)M Schmolz
EDI GmbH, Reutlingen, Germany
Int Immunopharmacol 1:1841-8. 2001..o.), and two active controls, the chemical secretolytic ambroxol (p.o.) and the immunomodulator Muramyldipeptide (MDP, i.v.) were used...
- [The effect of inhaled ambroxol treatment on clinical symptoms and chosen parameters of ventilation in patients with exacerbation of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease patients]K Jahnz-Rozyk
Klinika Chorób Wewnetrznych, Pneumonologii i Alergologii IMW CSK WAM w Warszawie
Pol Merkur Lekarski 11:239-43. 2001..placebo controlled comparative study of the clinical symptoms and chosen parameters of ventilation of inhaled ambroxol in patients hospitalized with exacerbation of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)...
- Depressant effect of ambroxol on stimulated functional responses and cell death in rat alveolar macrophages exposed to silica in vitroYoung Ki Kim
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, Chung-Ang University, Seoul, South Korea
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 300:629-37. 2002The present study examined the effect of ambroxol on free radical production, granule enzyme release, and cell death in silica-activated rat alveolar macrophages...
- [Effect of ambroxol on lipid peroxidation in homogenates of the human placenta]D Chlubek
Ginekol Pol 72:804-8. 2001..Cells and tissues are protected against toxic lipid peroxides by antioxidants. Ambroxol was found to be equipotent to well-known antioxidants in protecting lipids from peroxidative attack in lungs...
- Oral neltenexine in patients with obstructive airways diseases: an open, randomised, controlled comparison versus sobrerolG Fadda
Department of Respiratory Diseases, Alivesi Hospital, Ospedali Riuniti di Sassari, Ittiri (Sassari, Italy
Minerva Med 92:269-75. 2001BACKGROUND: The synthetic mucolytic neltene-xine is an amide derivative of ambroxol and thiophencarboxylic acid...
- [Atelectasis following cesarean section. Personal experience]S Sciorio
Dipartimento Clinico di Emergenza Ostetrica e Ginecologica e Medicina della Riproduzione, Urologia, , Naples, Italy
Minerva Ginecol 54:185-7. 2002..The inhibition of cough's reflex causes retention of secretions with consequent bronchial obstruction and atelectasis. Personal experience in 6 cases of atelectasis following cesarean section is reported...
- Modulating effects of mucoregulating drugs on the attachment of Haemophilus influenzaeC T Ndour
Department of Internal Medicine, Nagasaki University, Nagasaki, 852-8102, Japan
Microb Pathog 30:121-7. 2001..In the present study we describe the effects of two mucoregulating drugs, S-carboxymethylcysteine (S-CMC) and ambroxol, on the attachment of NTHI to pharyngeal epithelial cells. There was a significant (P < 0.0001, < 0...
- Efficacy and tolerability of ambroxol hydrochloride lozenges in sore throat. Randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trials regarding the local anaesthetic propertiesJürgen Fischer
Clinic Norderney, LVA Westfalen, Norderney
Arzneimittelforschung 52:256-63. 2002Two confirmatory clinical trials were performed to investigate the efficacy and tolerability of ambroxol lozenges at doses of 20 mg and 30 mg relative to placebo in relieving the symptoms of sore throat of at least moderately severe ..
- Development of treatment for pulmonary alveolar proteinosisMasanori Shiratori
Intern Med 41:1090-1. 2002
- Quantitative determination of ambroxol in tablets by derivative UV spectrophotometric method and HPLCZafer Dinçer
Faculty of Pharmacy, Department of Analytical Chemistry, Gazi University, Etiler, Ankara 06330, Turkey
J Pharm Biomed Anal 31:867-72. 2003A derivative UV spectrophotometric method for the determination of ambroxol in tablets was developed. Determination of ambroxol in tablets was conducted by using first-order derivative UV spectrophotometric method at 255 nm (n = 5)...
- Validation of an HPLC method for the quantification of ambroxol hydrochloride and benzoic acid in a syrup as pharmaceutical form stress test for stability evaluationM Heinänen
Laboratory of Analytical Chemistry, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
J Pharm Biomed Anal 24:1005-10. 2001A method is described for ambroxol, trans-4-(2-amino-3,5-dibromobenzylamino) cyclohexanol hydrochloride, and benzoic acid separation by HPLC with UV detection at 247 nm in a syrup as pharmaceutical presentation...
- [Mucolytics in acute and chronic respiratory tract disorders. II. Uses for treatment and antioxidant properties]Maciej Kupczyk
Pol Merkur Lekarski 12:248-52. 2002..Mucolytic agents such as Ambroxol and N-acetylcysteine are able to alter the secretion of mucus and its physical properties which results in ..
- Neltenexine tablets in smoking and non-smoking patients with COPD. A double-blind, randomised, controlled study versus placeboC Cattaneo
Department of Respiratory Diseases, Stradella Hospital, Stradella, Pavia, Italy
Minerva Med 92:277-84. 2001....
- Activity of some mucolytics against bacterial adherence to mammalian cellsMohamed M Hafez
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 158:97-112. 2009..Preliminary screening for antiadherent activity showed that ambroxol, bromhexine, ammonium chloride, and ammonium acetate but neither guaiphenesin nor carbocysteine significantly ..
- A simple micellar electrokinetic capillary chromatographic method for the quantitative analysis of organic expectorantsYu Ting Lin
Graduate Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Electrophoresis 29:3524-30. 2008..chromatographic method is described for the separation and quantification of five expectorant drugs, including ambroxol (AMB), bromhexine (BRM), carbocysteine, guaiacol and guaifenesin...
- Effect of Tanreqing Injection on treatment of acute exacerbation of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease with Chinese medicine syndrome of retention of phlegm and heat in FeiWen Li
Department of Integrated Chinese and Western Medicine, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Chin J Integr Med 16:131-7. 2010..To explore the effect of Tanreqing Injection (TRQI) on the treatment of acute exacerbation of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (AECOPD) with Chinese medicine syndrome of retention of phlegm and heat in Fei (RPHF)...
- Current perspectives on the prevention and management of chronic lung disease in preterm infantsPrakesh S Shah
Department of Paediatrics, Mount Sinai Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Paediatr Drugs 5:463-80. 2003..alpha-1 antitrypsin, superoxide dismutase, tocopherol (vitamin E), ascorbic acid (vitamin C), allopurinol, ambroxol, inositol, inhaled bronchodilators, and fluid restriction...
- Glucocorticoids, antioxidants and staurosporine modulate the adherence between monocytes and malaria infected erythrocytesJ P Goldring
Department of Biochemistry, School of Molecular and Cellular Biosciences, University of Natal Pietermaritzburg, Scottsville, South Africa
Inflamm Res 48:657-61. 1999..The adherence of malaria parasitised red cells to monocytes was determined after monocytes were treated with dexamethasone, cortisol, ambroxol, danazol, probucol and staurosporine.
- The predictive value of asthma medications to identify individuals with asthma--a study in German general practicesW Himmel
Department of General Practice, University of Gottingen, Germany
Br J Gen Pract 51:879-83. 2001..For asthma treatment, the frequently applied ratio of anti-inflammatory to bronchodilator drugs may, however, be misleading if the specificity of a drug for the treatment of asthma, compared with other diseases, is unknown...
- Effect of carbocysteine on cough reflex to capsaicin in asthmatic patientsYoshihisa Ishiura
Division of Pulmonary Medicine, Wajima Municipal Hospital, Wajima, Japan
Br J Clin Pharmacol 55:504-10. 2003..This study was designed to investigate the clinical effect of carbocysteine for cough sensitivity in patients with bronchial asthma...
- Adenosine increases human platelet levels of cGMP through nitric oxide: possible role in its antiaggregating effectGiovanni Anfossi
Diabetes Unit, Department of Clinical and Biological Sciences, University of Turin, Azienda Ospedaliera S Luigi, I 10043 Orbassano, Turin, Italy
Thromb Res 105:71-8. 2002..activity), N(G)-monomethyl-L-arginine (L-NMMA, nitric synthase inhibitor), ionomycin (calcium ionophore), and ambroxol (2-amino-3,5-dibromo-N-[trans-4-hydroxycyclohexyl]benzylamine, inhibitor of nitric oxide (NO)-dependent ..
- [Lipoid pneumonia following attempted suicide by intravenous injection of lamp oil]S M Perings
Klinik fur Kardiologie, Pneumologie und Angiologie, Heinrich Heine Universitat Dusseldorf
Med Klin (Munich) 96:685-8. 2001..However, intoxication following an intravenous injection leading to a lipoid pneumonia after an attempted suicide is a rare finding...
- Herbal medicines for the treatment of COPD: a systematic reviewR Guo
Complementary Medicine, Peninsula Medical School, Universities of Exeter and Plymouth, 25 Victoria Park Road, Exeter EX2 4NT, UK
Eur Respir J 28:330-8. 2006..A single trial compared a herbal medicine (Hedera helix leaf extract) with a conventional treatment (ambroxol tablet) and reported no significant difference between groups...
- YM-40461 improves airway clearance in guinea pigs with induced subacute bronchitisA Kimoto
Institute for Drug Discovery Research, Yamanouchi Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 23:1441-4. 2000..1 mg/kg p.o. At a dose of 10 mg/kg p.o., YM-40461 restored MCT to the control level (98.0% recovery). Ambroxol, bromhexine and salbutamol also improved MCT, but were far less effective than YM-40461...
- [Gentleness in ENT: optimalization of drug therapy]J Sternon
Acta Otorhinolaryngol Belg 43:373-9. 1989..5. Optimalization of nonmorphinic oral analgesics with acetaminophen (in monotherapy or in association) and morphinic ones by anticipative and repetitive administration...
- A method for studying expectorant action in the mouse by measurement of tracheobronchial phenol red secretionG Coppi
Proter Research Laboratories, Opera, Milano, Italy
Farmaco 44:541-5. 1989..the same activity for N-acetylcysteine, Tiopronine, SF-1284 and S-carboxymethylcysteine, and a lower activity for Ambroxol and Sobrerol...
- Preparation and evaluation of microencapsulated fast melt tablets of ambroxol hydrochlorideS Jacob
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, S Bhagwan Singh PG Institute of Biomedical Sciences and Research, Balawala, Dehradun 248 161, India
Indian J Pharm Sci 71:276-84. 2009..Present work assessed the potential of a natural polysaccharide, pectin to mask the bitter taste of ambroxol hydrochloride, by microencapsulation technique, and its possibility to formulate as a fast disintegrating dosage ..
- Colorimetric and atomic absorption spectrometric determination of mucolytic drug ambroxol through ion-pair formation with iron and thiocyanateAbdulkadir Levent
Yuzuncu Yil University, Department of Analytical Chemistry, Van, Turkey
Comb Chem High Throughput Screen 13:675-82. 2010..and atomic absorption spectrometric methods have been developed for the determination of mucolytic drug Ambroxol. These procedures depend upon the reaction of iron(III) metal ion with the drug in the presence of thiocyanate ..
- Development and validation of an efficient HPLC method for quantification of voriconazole in plasma and microdialysate reflecting an important target siteFranziska Simmel
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, Institute of Pharmacy, Martin Luther Universitaet Halle Wittenberg, Wolfgang Langenbeck Str 4, 06120, Halle, Germany
Anal Bioanal Chem 392:479-88. 2008..7 to +107%) for both matrices. Of the 36 drug products typically co-administered with voriconazole, none except ambroxol interfered with its peak signal, and this interference was successfully managed...
- [Effect of ambroxol on lung development of rat models with nitrofen-induced congenital diaphragmatic hernia]Ying li Qiao
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Children s Hospital of Fudan University, Shanghai 201102, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 90:2420-3. 2010To investigate the effects of ambroxol on rat models with nitrofen-induced congenital diaphragmatic hernia (CDH) and its potential mechanism.
- [Management of extensive burn accompanying severe inhalation injury]Xue wen Qiu
Department of Burns, Nanfang Hospital, First Military Medical University, Guangzhou 510515, China
Di Yi Jun Yi Da Xue Xue Bao 24:597-9. 2004..To review our clinical experiences in the treatment of extensive burn accompanied by severe inhalation injury...
- Recurrent acute rhinosinusitis: a single blind clinical study of N-acetylcysteine vs ambroxol associated to corticosteroid therapyA Macchi
Clinic of Otorhinolaryngology, University of Insubria, Varese, Hospital of Varese, Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria, Ospedale di Circolo e Fondazione Macchi, Varese, Italy
Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol 25:207-17. 2012..The primary aim of the medical treatment is to reduce the number of acute episodes and thus to increase the time between the exacerbations, allowing a good quality of life without necessitating surgical procedure...
- Ambroxol influences voriconazole resistance of Candida parapsilosis biofilmGiovanna Pulcrano
Department of Cellular and Molecular Biology and Pathology Luigi Califano, Medicine School, University of Naples Federico II, Naples, Italy
FEMS Yeast Res 12:430-8. 2012..The addition of ambroxol, a mucolytic agent, increased the susceptibility of biofilm forming cells to voriconazole...
- [Clinical observation of mucoregulatory agents' application after chronic rhinosinusitis surgery]Jianjun Sun
Department of Center of Otorhinolaryngology of PLA, Navy General Hospital, Beijing, 100048, China
Lin Chung Er Bi Yan Hou Tou Jing Wai Ke Za Zhi 25:922-4. 2011..To explore the effect of mucoregulatory agents during endoscopic sinus surgery...
- Effects of antenatal application of ambroxol and glucocorticoid on lung morphometry and signal transduction of bone morphogenetic protein in the fetal ratXiao Qing Chen
Department of Pediatrics, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 210029, PR China
Mol Med Report 6:63-8. 2012Antenatal ambroxol, dexamethasone (Dex) and betamethasone (Beta) are used to prevent neonate respiratory distress syndrome...
- [Mucolytics in acute and chronic respiratory tract disorders. I. Pathophysiology and mechanisms of action]Maciej Kupczyk
Pol Merkur Lekarski 12:245-7. 2002..Mucolytic agents such as Ambroxol and N-acetylcysteine are able to alter the secretion of mucus and its physical properties which results in ..
- Design and evaluation of osmotic pump-based controlled release system of Ambroxol HydrochlorideXiongkai Cheng
Department of Pharmaceutics, College of Pharmacy, Shandong University, Jinan 250012, China
Pharm Dev Technol 16:392-9. 2011..study was to design and evaluate an osmotic pump-based drug delivery system for controlling the release of Ambroxol Hydrochloride (Amb). Citric acid, lactose and polyethylene glycol 6000 (PEG 6000) were employed as osmotic agents...
- Nondestructive determination of the ambroxol content in tablets by Raman spectroscopyMin-Sik Hwang
Department of Chemistry, College of Natural Sciences, Hanyang University, Haengdang-Dong, Seongdong-gu, Seoul 133-791, South Korea
J Pharm Biomed Anal 38:210-5. 2005We describe a method for determining the ambroxol content in tablets nondestructively. To obtain a reliable quantitative calibration, we prepared 20 pellet samples (ambroxol content: 8.30-16.25 wt...
- Simultaneous UV Spectrophotometric Estimation of Ambroxol Hydrochloride and Levocetirizine DihydrochlorideS Lakshmana Prabhu
Department of Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance, Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Manipal 576 104, India
Indian J Pharm Sci 70:236-8. 2008A novel, simple, sensitive and rapid spectrophotometric method has been developed for simultaneous estimation of ambroxol hydrochloride and levocetirizine dihydrochloride...
- Transport properties of ionic drugs in the ammonio methacrylate copolymer membranesY M Sun
Department of Chemical Engineering, Yuan Ze University, Chung Li, Taoyuan, Taiwan, Republic of China
Pharm Res 18:304-10. 2001..The kinetic swelling and drug permeation properties of the ammonio methacrylate copolymer membranes were studied to delineate the effect of ionic interaction between the ionic drugs and the membranes...
- [Ambroxol in etiotropic chemotherapy of pulmonary tuberculosis]V A Suslov
Voen Med Zh 323:43-4. 2002
- Pulmonary alveolar proteinosis successfully treated with ambroxolToshihiko Hashizume
Department of Internal Medicine, Yokohama Sakaekyosai Hospital, Yokohama
Intern Med 41:1175-8. 2002..b>Ambroxol was started in a daily dose of 45 mg orally...
- Efficacy of itraconazole in the treatment of patients with chronic cough whose sputa yield basidiomycetous fungi-fungus-associated chronic cough (FACC)Haruhiko Ogawa
Division of Pulmonary Medicine, Ishikawa ken Saiseikai Kanazawa Hospital Kanazawa, Japan
J Asthma 46:407-12. 2009..This controlled study was performed to clarify the therapeutic benefit of itraconazole for the treatment of patients with chronic cough, wherein a sputum culture yielded basidiomycetous (BM) fungi...
- An oral controlled release system for ambroxol hydrochloride containing a wax and a water insoluble polymerNa Chi
School of Pharmacy, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, Shenyang 110016, PR China
Pharm Dev Technol 15:97-104. 2010This study was carried out to develop and optimize oral sustained-release formulations for Ambroxol hydrochloride matrix pellets using a combination of wax and water-insoluble polymer, glyceryl behenate (Compritol 888 ATO) and ..
- [A study of the mechanism of Qingre Huatan therapy in treatment of acute exacerbation of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease by improving airway inflammation and mucus hypersecretion]Weng Li
Department of Integrated Traditional Chinese and Western Medicine, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan Province 610041, China
Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao 6:799-805. 2008....
- Ambroxol interferes with Pseudomonas aeruginosa quorum sensingQi Lu
Department of Neonatology, Children s Hospital, Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing 400014, China
Int J Antimicrob Agents 36:211-5. 2010The mucolytic agent ambroxol has been reported to interfere with the formation of Pseudomonas aeruginosa-derived biofilms in addition to reducing alginate production by undefined mechanisms...
- [Experimental studies on the influence of selected preparations on secretion of tear fluid. I. Schirmer test I and lysozyme test]E Oleszczyńska-Prost
Wojewódzkiego Szpitala Zespolonego w Lublinie
Klin Oczna 96:5-7. 1994In the paper the influence of ambroxol, betanechol and mesna on the production of tear fluid by the lacrimal gland in rabbits was studied and compared with the effectiveness of bromhexine hydrochloride...
- [Experimental studies on the influence of selected preparations on secretion of tear fluid. II: Light and transmission electron microscopy]E Oleszczyńska-Prost
Z Wojewódzkiego Szpitala Zespolonego w Lublinie
Klin Oczna 96:8-11. 1994In the paper the influence of ambroxol, bethanechol, mesna and bromhexine hydrochloride on the morphologic appearance of the lacrimal glands in rabbits was studied with the use of light and transmission electron microscopy...
- Donor pretreatment with ambroxol or dexamethasone fails to ameliorate reperfusion injury in experimental lung transplantationB Hausen
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Stanford University Medical Center, CA 94304 5407, USA
Transpl Int 11:186-94. 1998Based on the known properties of ambroxol and dexamethasone to inhibit inflammation and increase endogenous surfactant levels, the potential advantage of donor pretreatment with either drug was investigated in an acute rat double-lung ..
- [Effects of ambroxol combined with low-dose heparin on TNF-alpha and IL-1beta in rabbits with acute lung injury]Yang Wang
Department of Pathophysiology, Wenzhou Medical College, Wenzhou 325035, China
Zhongguo Ying Yong Sheng Li Xue Za Zhi 27:231-5. 2011To investigate the intervention and mechanism of ambroxol combined with low-dose heparin on oxidative stress, TNF-alpha and IL-1beta in rabbits with acute lung injury (ALI).
- The diabetic foot: an overview of assessment and complicationsMartin Turns
Department of Foot Health, Brighton General Hospital, UK
Br J Nurs 20:S19-25. 2011..Recurrence of ulcers is common, and therefore good foot health education, adequate footwear and regular podiatry, if required, must be an integral part of the patient's review process (NICE, 2004)...
- Fast-track pulmonary conditioning before urgent cardiac surgery in patients with insufficiently treated chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseH Dreger
Department of Cardiology and Angiology, Campus Mitte, Charité University Medicine Berlin School of Medicine, Berlin, Germany
J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino) 52:587-91. 2011..The aim of the present study was to analyze the efficacy of short-term pulmonary conditioning (PC) in this subset of cardiopulmonary patients...
- Effect of ambroxol on pneumonia caused by Pseudomonas aeruginosa with biofilm formation in an endotracheal intubation rat modelFang Li
Department of Neonatology, Children s Hospital of Chongqing Medical University, Key Laboratory of Developmental Diseases in Childhood, Chongqing Medical University, Ministry of Education, Chongqing, China
Chemotherapy 57:173-80. 2011..Although ambroxol is widely used in neonatal lung problems as a mucolytic as well as an antioxidant agent, its anti-infective role ..
- Antioxidant therapy as a potential approach to severe influenza-associated complicationsNoboru Uchide
Department of Clinical Molecular Genetics, School of Pharmacy, Tokyo University of Pharmacy and Life Sciences, 1432 1 Horinouchi, Hachioji, Tokyo 192 0392, Japan
Molecules 16:2032-52. 2011..N-acetyl-L-cysteine, glutathione, nordihydroguaiaretic acid, thujaplicin, resveratrol, (+)-vitisin A, ambroxol, ascorbic acid, 5,7,4-trihydroxy-8-methoxyflavone, catechins, quercetin 3-rhamnoside, iso- quercetin and oligonol,..
- Pharmacological modulation of the IFNgamma-induced accessory function of alveolar macrophages and peripheral blood monocytesG Zissel
Research Center Borstel, Medical Hospital, Germany
Inflamm Res 48:662-8. 1999..Although alveolar macrophages (AM) are poor accessory cells, alveolar macrophages of patients with sarcoidosis or tuberculosis show an elevated accessory function indicating that the accessory function (AF) of AM can be upregulated...
- Development and validation of a reversed-phase HPLC method for simultaneous estimation of ambroxol hydrochloride and azithromycin in tablet dosage formK A Shaikh
P G Department of Chemistry, Sir Sayyed College, P B No 89, Roshan Gate, Aurangabad 431001, M S, India
J Pharm Biomed Anal 48:1481-4. 2008..and accurate reversed-phase liquid chromatographic method has been developed for the simultaneous estimation of ambroxol hydrochloride and azithromycin in tablet formulations...
- Determination of ambroxol hydrochloride in pure solutions and some of its pharmaceutical preparations under batch and FIA conditionsNour T Abdel-Ghani
Faculty of Science, Chemistry Department, Cairo University, Giza, Egypt
Farmaco 58:581-9. 2003New ambroxol (Amb) ion selective plastic membrane electrodes of both conventional and coated graphite types based on the ion-pair of ambroxolium tetraphenylborate (Amb-TPB) ion-pair are prepared...
- Simultaneous determination of gatifloxacin and ambroxol hydrochloride from tablet dosage form using reversed-phase high performance liquid chromatographyMirza Shahed
Maulana Azad Educational Trust s Y B Chavan College of Pharmacy, Dr Rafiq Zakaria Campus, Rauza Bagh, Aurangabad 431001, Maharashtra State, India
Se Pu 26:358-61. 2008..HPLC) method was developed, validated, and used for the quantitative determination of gatifloxacin (GA) and ambroxol hydrochloride (AM), from its tablet dosage form...
- [Influence of ambroxol on paraquat-induced lung tissue injury and change of pulmonary surfactant-associated protein A in the experimental rats]Yu-teng Ma
Department of Emergency, Second Affiliated Hospital, Hebei Medical University, Shijiazhuang 050000, China
Zhonghua Lao Dong Wei Sheng Zhi Ye Bing Za Zhi 24:348-51. 2006OBJECTIVE: To investigate the influence of ambroxol on paraquat poisoning induced acute lung tissue injury and the change of pulmonary surfactant associated protein A in the experimental rats...