Summary: A metabolite of BROMHEXINE that stimulates mucociliary action and clears the air passages in the respiratory tract. It is usually administered as the hydrochloride.
Publications148 found, 100 shown here
- Simultaneous determination of roxithromycin and ambroxol hydrochloride in a new tablet formulation by liquid chromatographyMeiling Qi
Department of Chemistry, School of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science, Beijing Institute of Technology, Beijing 100081, PR China
J Pharm Biomed Anal 35:1287-91. 2004..and accurate liquid chromatographic method is described for the simultaneous determination of roxithromycin and ambroxol hydrochloride in a new tablet formulation...
- Oral sustained delivery of ambroxol from in situ-gelling pectin formulationsWataru Kubo
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Health Science University of Hokkaido, Ishikari Tohbetsu, Hokkaido 061 0293, Japan
Int J Pharm 271:233-40. 2004..0 and 1.5%, w/v) to rats were evaluated as vehicles for the sustained release of the expectorant drug ambroxol hydrochloride...
- Mucoactive agents for airway mucus hypersecretory diseasesDuncan F Rogers
Airway Disease, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College London, Dovehouse Street, London SW3 6LY, United Kingdom
Respir Care 52:1176-93; discussion 1193-7. 2007..are a longstanding and popular therapeutic option, and numerous compounds (eg, N-acetylcysteine, erdosteine, and ambroxol) are available for clinical use worldwide...
- Spectrophotometric estimation of ambroxol and cetirizine hydrochloride from tablet dosage formN M Gowekar
Department of Pharmaceutics, Maharashtra Institute of Pharmacy, Paud Road, Kothrud, Pune 3
Pak J Pharm Sci 20:250-1. 2007Fixed dose combination tablets containing ambroxol HCl and cetirizine HCl are clinically used as mucolytic and antiallergic...
- [Determination of ambroxol and clenbuterol in human plasma by LC-MS/MS method]Nan Lin
Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 201203, China
Yao Xue Xue Bao 42:308-13. 2007b>Ambroxol and clenbuterol were extracted from human plasma samples by liquid-liquid extraction, ambroxol was separated on a Zorbax XDB-C18 column and detected by tandem mass spectrometry with an atmospheric pressure chemical ionization ..
- Identification and characterization of ambroxol as an enzyme enhancement agent for Gaucher diseaseGustavo H B Maegawa
Division of Clinical and Metabolic Genetics, Department of Paediatrics, The Hospital for Sick Children, 555 University Ave, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X8, Canada
J Biol Chem 284:23502-16. 2009..b>Ambroxol (ABX), a drug used to treat airway mucus hypersecretion and hyaline membrane disease in newborns, was identified ..
- Characterization of the ERAD process of the L444P mutant glucocerebrosidase variantInna Bendikov-Bar
Department of Cell Research and Immunology, Tel Aviv University, Ramat Aviv, 69978, Israel
Blood Cells Mol Dis 46:4-10. 2011..The mutant protein undergoes polyubiquitination and proteasome-dependent degradation. Recently Ambroxol, a known expectorant, was identified as a pharmacological chaperone for mutant GCase...
- Inhibition of inflammatory responses by ambroxol, a mucolytic agent, in a murine model of acute lung injury induced by lipopolysaccharideXiao Su
Research Institute of Respiratory Diseases, Zhongshan Hospital, Fudan University, 200032 Shanghai, PR China
Intensive Care Med 30:133-40. 2004The aim of this study is to investigate whether ambroxol inhibits inflammatory responses in a murine model of lipopolysaccharide-induced acute lung injury (ALI).
- Pilot study using ambroxol as a pharmacological chaperone in type 1 Gaucher diseaseAri Zimran
Gaucher Clinic, Shaare Zedek Medical Center, Hadassah Medical School, Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel
Blood Cells Mol Dis 50:134-7. 2013The purpose of this pilot was to assess the tolerability and efficacy of ambroxol as a pharmacological chaperone in patients with symptomatic, type 1 Gaucher disease who present with measurable disease parameters but are not receiving ..
- Inhibition of tetrodotoxin (TTX)-resistant and TTX-sensitive neuronal Na(+) channels by the secretolytic ambroxolThomas Weiser
Department CNS Research, Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma KG, Ingelheim, Germany
Mol Pharmacol 62:433-8. 2002b>Ambroxol has a long history for the treatment of airway diseases because of its beneficial effects on surfactant synthesis and mucus-modifying properties...
- Block of sensory neuronal Na+ channels by the secreolytic ambroxol is associated with an interaction with local anesthetic binding sitesAndreas Leffler
Department of Anesthesiology, Friedrich Alexander University Erlangen Nuremberg, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Eur J Pharmacol 630:19-28. 2010..The secreolytic ambroxol reduces pain-related behavior in rodents and alleviates pain in humans...
- Effects of guaifenesin, N-acetylcysteine, and ambroxol on MUC5AC and mucociliary transport in primary differentiated human tracheal-bronchial cellsJeanclare Seagrave
Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute, 2425 Ridgecrest Dr SE, Albuquerque, NM 87108, USA
Respir Res 13:98. 2012..We examined the effects of guaifenesin (GGE), N-acetylcysteine (NAC) and ambroxol (Amb) on differentiated human airway epithelial cells stimulated with IL-13 to produce additional MUC5AC.
- In vitro and in vivo antioxidant activity of ambroxolV Stetinova
Institute of Experimental Biopharmaceutics, Joint Research Center of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic and PRO MED CS Praha a s, Heyrovského 1207, 500 03 Hradec Králové, Czech Republic
Clin Exp Med 4:152-8. 2004In addition to a mucolytic action, ambroxol has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. The antioxidant effects of ambroxol were studied both in vitro and in vivo...
- Simultaneous high-throughput determination of clenbuterol, ambroxol and bromhexine in pharmaceutical formulations by HPLC with potentiometric detectionGrzegorz Bazylak
Faculty of Science and Biomedicine, Department of Chemistry, University of Antwerp RUCA, Groenenborgerlaan 171, B 2020 Antwerp, Belgium
J Pharm Biomed Anal 32:887-903. 2003Potentiometric detection of clenbuterol, ambroxol and bromhexine in marketed pharmaceuticals was described in six isocratic HPLC systems...
- Efficacy and safety of ambroxol lozenges in the treatment of acute uncomplicated sore throat. EBM-based clinical documentationChristian de Mey
ACPS Applied Clinical Pharmacology Services, Mainz Kastel, Germany
Arzneimittelforschung 58:557-68. 2008..the evidence from randomised, placebo-controlled, double-blind clinical trials (RCT) with the local anaesthetic ambroxol (CAS 23828-92-4) in the treatment of sore throat is being reviewed...
- Ambroxol: a CNS drug?Thomas Weiser
Department of Medical Sciences, Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH and Co, KG, Ingelheim, Germany
CNS Neurosci Ther 14:17-24. 2008For almost three decades ambroxol has been used in the therapy of airway diseases. In 2002, ambroxol lozenges were marketed for the treatment of sore throat making use of its local anesthetic effect...
- Ambroxol alleviates hepatic ischemia reperfusion injury by antioxidant and antiapoptotic pathwaysK Jiang
Department of General Surgery, The Fifth Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, Daqing, Heilongjiang Province, China
Transplant Proc 45:2439-45. 2013..The use of ambroxol, which acts as a mucolytic agent, provides antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects.
- Ambroxol as a pharmacological chaperone for mutant glucocerebrosidaseInna Bendikov-Bar
Department of Cell Research and Immunology, Tel Aviv University, Ramat Aviv, Israel
Blood Cells Mol Dis 50:141-5. 2013..b>Ambroxol, a known expectorant, is one such chaperone...
- The chaperone activity and toxicity of ambroxol on Gaucher cells and normal miceZhuo Luan
Division of Child Neurology, Institute of Neurological Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Tottori University, 36 1 Nishi cho, Yonago, Japan
Brain Dev 35:317-22. 2013..Recently, ambroxol, an FDA-approved drug used to treat airway mucus hypersecretion and hyaline membrane disease in newborns, was ..
- Local anaesthetic properties of ambroxol hydrochloride lozenges in view of sore throat. Clinical proof of conceptAlexander Schutz
Ear, Nose and Throat Institute, Stuttgart, Germany
Arzneimittelforschung 52:194-9. 2002..The present study was conducted to explore whether the test compound is going to show clinical relevance and is a suitable medication for the relief of these symptoms...
- Efficacy and tolerability of ambroxol hydrochloride lozenges in sore throat. Randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trials regarding the local anaesthetic propertiesJürgen Fischer
Clinic Norderney, LVA Westfalen, Norderney
Arzneimittelforschung 52:256-63. 2002Two confirmatory clinical trials were performed to investigate the efficacy and tolerability of ambroxol lozenges at doses of 20 mg and 30 mg relative to placebo in relieving the symptoms of sore throat of at least moderately severe ..
- Protective effect of ambroxol against paraquat-induced pulmonary fibrosis in ratsQiao Ming Zhi
Department of Emergency Medicine, Jinling Hospital, School of Clinical Medicine, Nanjing University, PR China
Intern Med 50:1879-87. 2011To evaluate the possible therapeutic effect of ambroxol on pulmonary fibrosis induced by paraquat.
- Ambroxol, a Nav1.8-preferring Na(+) channel blocker, effectively suppresses pain symptoms in animal models of chronic, neuropathic and inflammatory painWolfram Gaida
Department of CNS Research, Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH and Co KG, D 88397 Biberach, Germany
Neuropharmacology 49:1220-7. 2005..Recently, the secretolytic ambroxol was found to preferentially inhibit Nav1.8 channels...
- Stability-indicating HPTLC determination of ambroxol hydrochloride in bulk drug and pharmaceutical dosage formP S Jain
R C Patel College of Pharmacy, Karwand Naka, Shirpur Dist Dhule 425 405 M S India
J Chromatogr Sci 48:45-8. 2010..precise, and stability-indicating high-performance thin-layer chromatographic (HPTLC) method for the analysis of ambroxol hydrochloride both as a bulk drug and in formulations was developed and validated...
- Effect of ambroxol on ion transport -- a model studyDanuta I Kosik-Bogacka
Department of Biology and Medical Parasitology, Pomeranian Medical University, Szczecin, Poland
Med Sci Monit 8:BR236-41. 2002Effect on ambroxol on reflexive physiological reactions of isolated frog skin was studied with electrophysiological methods designed to assess ion currents occurring in epithelial tissues or organs...
- The protective effects of ambroxol on radiation lung injury and influence on production of transforming growth factor beta1 and tumor necrosis factor alphaDe Hong Xia
Jiangyin Hospital of Medical College, Southeast University, 214400, Jiangyin, Jiangsu Province, People s Republic of China
Med Oncol 27:697-701. 2010The aim of this article was to investigate the effect of ambroxol on radiation lung injury and the expression of transforming growth factor beta(1) (TGF-beta(1)), as well as tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF-alpha) in plasma...
- Pharmacokinetic properties of single-dose loratadine and ambroxol alone and combined in tablet formulations in healthy menJosé Villacampa
Department of Pharmaceutical Development, Schering Plough, S A de C V, Mexico City, Mexico
Clin Ther 25:2225-32. 2003..The most frequent symptoms are throat soreness and cough; therefore, a new formulation combining loratadine and ambroxol hydrochloride was designed to treat these 2 major symptoms...
- Simultaneous determination of multi drug components Theophylline, Etofylline, Guaiphenesine and Ambroxol Hydrochloride by validated RP-HPLC method in liquid dosage formJainendra Kumar Jain
KM College of Pharmacy, Madurai 625107, Tamilnadu, India
Pak J Pharm Sci 21:151-8. 2008..e., Theophylline, Etofylline, Guaiphenesine and Ambroxol Hydrochloride in a liquid dosage form...
- Cell-specific modulation of surfactant proteins by ambroxol treatmentCarola Seifart
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Respiratory Medicine, Philipps University of Marburg, Baldingerstrasse, 35043 Marburg, Germany
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 203:27-35. 2005b>Ambroxol [trans-4-(2-amino-3,5-dibromobenzylamino)-cyclohexanole hydrochloride], a mucolytic agent, was postulated to provide surfactant stimulatory properties and was previously used to prevent surfactant deficiency...
- The effect of taste masking agents on in situ gelling pectin formulations for oral sustained delivery of paracetamol and ambroxolShozo Miyazaki
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Health Science University of Hokkaido, Ishikari Tohbetsu, Hokkaido 061 0293, Japan
Int J Pharm 297:38-49. 2005..properties of in situ gelling pectin formulations and on the in vitro and in vivo release of paracetamol and ambroxol from these formulations...
- Determination of ambroxol in human plasma using LC-MS/MSHohyun Kim
Department of Pharmacokinetics, Seoul Clinical Laboratories, Seoul Medical Science Institute, 7 14 Dongbinggo Dong, Yongsan gu, Seoul 140 809, South Korea
J Pharm Biomed Anal 32:209-16. 2003..chromatographic method coupled with tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) was developed for the quantification of ambroxol in human plasma...
- Determination of ambroxol hydrochloride, methylparaben and benzoic acid in pharmaceutical preparations based on sequential injection technique coupled with monolithic columnDalibor Satinsky
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Charles University, Heyrovskeho 1203, Hradec Kralove 500 05, Czech Republic
J Pharm Biomed Anal 40:287-93. 2006..In this contribution, a new separation method for simultaneous determination of ambroxol, methylparaben and benzoic acid was developed based on a novel reversed-phase sequential injection chromatography ..
- Effect of twelve-months therapy with oral ambroxol in preventing exacerbations in patients with COPD. Double-blind, randomized, multicenter, placebo-controlled study (the AMETHIST Trial)Mario Malerba
Dipartimento di Medicina Interna, 1 Divisione di Medicina, University of Brescia, Spedali Civili, P le Spedali Civili, 25100 Brescia, Italy
Pulm Pharmacol Ther 17:27-34. 2004..double-blind, placebo-controlled, multicenter parallel-group study was to evaluate the effect of long-term ambroxol treatment in preventing exacerbations of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)...
- Determination of ambroxol or bromhexine in pharmaceuticals by capillary isotachophoresisM Pospisilova
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Charles University, Hradec Kralove, Heyrovskeho, Czech Republic
J Pharm Biomed Anal 24:421-8. 2001Expectorant drugs ambroxol (AX) and bromhexine (BX) were determined by capillary isotachophoresis (ITP) with conductimetric detection...
- Upregulation of AQP3 and AQP5 induced by dexamethasone and ambroxol in A549 cellsYong Ben
Department of Pulmonary Medicine, Zhongshan Hospital, Fudan University, No 180 Fenglin Road, Shanghai 20032, China
Respir Physiol Neurobiol 161:111-8. 2008..In the airways, AQP3 and AQP4 facilitate water transport. Dexamethasone and ambroxol are often used to treat patients with pulmonary diseases accompanied by airway hypersecretion...
- High performance liquid chromatographic determination of ambroxol in the presence of different preservatives in pharmaceutical formulationsJ E Koundourellis
Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Analysis, School of Pharmacy, Aristotelian University, Thessaloniki, Greece
J Pharm Biomed Anal 23:469-75. 2000A high-performance chromatographic method is described for simultaneous determination of ambroxol in the presence of different preservatives in syrups...
- Validation of an HPLC method for the quantification of ambroxol hydrochloride and benzoic acid in a syrup as pharmaceutical form stress test for stability evaluationM Heinänen
Laboratory of Analytical Chemistry, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
J Pharm Biomed Anal 24:1005-10. 2001A method is described for ambroxol, trans-4-(2-amino-3,5-dibromobenzylamino) cyclohexanol hydrochloride, and benzoic acid separation by HPLC with UV detection at 247 nm in a syrup as pharmaceutical presentation...
- Ambroxol-induced modification of ion transport in human airway Calu-3 epitheliaIsao Hasegawa
Department of Molecular Cell Physiology, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kyoto 602 8566, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 343:475-82. 2006b>Ambroxol is often used as a mucolytic agent in various lung diseases. However, it is unclear how ambroxol acts on bronchial epithelial cells...
- Recurrent acute rhinosinusitis: a single blind clinical study of N-acetylcysteine vs ambroxol associated to corticosteroid therapyA Macchi
Clinic of Otorhinolaryngology, University of Insubria, Varese, Hospital of Varese, Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria, Ospedale di Circolo e Fondazione Macchi, Varese, Italy
Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol 25:207-17. 2012..The primary aim of the medical treatment is to reduce the number of acute episodes and thus to increase the time between the exacerbations, allowing a good quality of life without necessitating surgical procedure...
- Ambroxol as an inhibitor of nitric oxide-dependent activation of soluble guanylate cyclaseI S Severina
Institute of Biomedical Chemistry, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, 10 Pogodinskaya Str, 119832, Moscow, Russia
Eur J Pharmacol 407:61-4. 2000The influence of ambroxol on the activity of human platelet soluble guanylate cyclase and rat lung soluble guanylate cyclase was investigated. Ambroxol in the concentration range from 0...
- Ambroxol in the 21st century: pharmacological and clinical updateMario Malerba
University of Brescia, Department of Internal Medicine, 1 degrees Divisione di Medicina, Spedali Civili di Brescia, Pzza Spedali Civili 1, 25100 Brescia, Italy
Expert Opin Drug Metab Toxicol 4:1119-29. 2008Belonging to the group of expectorants, ambroxol is an active substance with a long history that influences parameters considered to be the basis for the physiological production and the transport of the bronchial mucus...
- Antinociceptive effect of ambroxol in rats with neuropathic spinal cord injury painAldric T Hama
The Miami Project to Cure Paralysis, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 97:249-55. 2010..b>Ambroxol has previously demonstrated antinociceptive effects in rat chronic pain models and has also shown to potently ..
- Simultaneous determination of amoxicillin and ambroxol in human plasma by LC-MS/MS: validation and application to pharmacokinetic studyAidong Wen
Department of Pharmacy, Xijing Hospital of the Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an 710032, China
J Pharm Biomed Anal 48:829-34. 2008A rapid, simple and sensitive LC-MS/MS method was developed for simultaneous determination of amoxicillin and ambroxol in human plasma using clenbuterol as internal standard (IS)...
- Development and validation of a reversed-phase HPLC method for simultaneous estimation of ambroxol hydrochloride and azithromycin in tablet dosage formK A Shaikh
P G Department of Chemistry, Sir Sayyed College, P B No 89, Roshan Gate, Aurangabad 431001, M S, India
J Pharm Biomed Anal 48:1481-4. 2008..and accurate reversed-phase liquid chromatographic method has been developed for the simultaneous estimation of ambroxol hydrochloride and azithromycin in tablet formulations...
- Ambroxol reduces LPS toxicity mediated by induction of alkaline phosphatases in rat lungIwao Koyama
Department of Medical Technology, Junior College, Saitama Medical School, Moroyama, Iruma, Saitama, Japan
Clin Biochem 37:688-93. 2004Alkaline phosphatases (APs) have been suggested to detoxify lipopolysaccharide (LPS) by dephosphorylation. Ambroxol, a bronchial expectorant, is known to accelerate the secretion of pulmonary surfactant particles including AP molecules as ..
- Quantitative determination of ambroxol in tablets by derivative UV spectrophotometric method and HPLCZafer Dinçer
Faculty of Pharmacy, Department of Analytical Chemistry, Gazi University, Etiler, Ankara 06330, Turkey
J Pharm Biomed Anal 31:867-72. 2003A derivative UV spectrophotometric method for the determination of ambroxol in tablets was developed. Determination of ambroxol in tablets was conducted by using first-order derivative UV spectrophotometric method at 255 nm (n = 5)...
- Ambroxol inhibits peroxynitrite-induced damage of alpha1-antiproteinase and free radical production in activated phagocytic cellsChung Soo Lee
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, Chung Ang University, Seoul, South Korea
Pharmacol Toxicol 91:140-9. 2002The present study examined the effect of ambroxol on toxic action of peroxynitrite and the respiratory burst in activated phagocytic cells...
- Ambroxol suppresses influenza-virus proliferation in the mouse airway by increasing antiviral factor levelsB Yang
Division of Enzyme Chemistry, Institute for Enzyme Research, The University of Tokushima, Japan
Eur Respir J 19:952-8. 2002The protective effect of ambroxol, a mucolytic agent which has antioxidant properties and stimulates the release of pulmonary surfactant, against influenza-virus proliferation in the airway was investigated in mice...
- Effects of N-acetylcysteine and ambroxol on the production of IL-12 and IL-10 in human alveolar macrophagesM Aihara
First Department of Internal Medicine, Gunma University Faculty of Medicine, Gunma, Japan
Respiration 67:662-71. 2000N-acetylcysteine (NAC) and ambroxol (AMB) have recently been proposed as possible therapeutic agents in the treatment of pulmonary disorders. IL-12 plays an important role in host resistance to infection and the development of Th-1 cells...
- Depressant effects of ambroxol and erdosteine on cytokine synthesis, granule enzyme release, and free radical production in rat alveolar macrophages activated by lipopolysaccharideYoon Young Jang
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, Chung Ang University, Seoul 156 756, South Korea
Pharmacol Toxicol 92:173-9. 2003The present study examined the effects of ambroxol and erdosteine, bronchial expectorants, on the cytokine synthesis, granule enzyme release, and free radical production in rat alveolar macrophages activated by lipopolysaccharide...
- Effect of early ambroxol treatment on lung functions in mechanically ventilated preterm newborns who subsequently developed a bronchopulmonary dysplasia (BPD)G Schmalisch
Department of Neonatology Charité, Humboldt University Berlin, Germany
Respir Med 94:378-84. 2000..In a randomized trial in 102 preterm newborns with respiratory distress syndrome (RDS) it has been shown that early Ambroxol treatment (30 mg kg(-1) over the first 5 days) significantly reduces the incidence of RDS-associated ..
- [Ambroxol]Oznur Akkoca Yildiz
Ankara Universitesi Tip Fakültesi Göğüs Hastaliklari Anabilim Dali, Ankara, Turkiye
Tuberk Toraks 54:3-14. 2006
- Proteases essential for human influenza virus entry into cells and their inhibitors as potential therapeutic agentsHiroshi Kido
Division of Enzyme Chemistry, Institute for Enzyme Research, The University of Tokushima, Kuramoto cho 3 18 15, Tokushima 770 8503, Japan
Curr Pharm Des 13:405-14. 2007..We also found that ambroxol, a mucolytic and anti-oxidant agent, up-regulates the levels of endogenous protease inhibitory compounds in the ..
- Simultaneous determination and pharmacokinetic study of roxithromycin and ambroxol hydrochloride in human plasma by LC-MS/MSTai jun Hang
Department of Pharmaceutical Analysis, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing, PR China
Clin Chim Acta 382:20-4. 2007Although roxithromycin and ambroxol HCl were often administered concomitantly for the treatment of respiratory infections, the pharmacokinetic interactions between them have not been reported...
- Determination of ambroxol in an automated multi-pumping pulsed flow systemJoão L M Santos
REQUIMTE, Departamento de Quimica Fisica, Faculdade de Farmacia, Universidade do Porto, Rua Anibal Cunha 164, 4050 047 Porto, Portugal
Anal Sci 21:461-4. 2005..flow methodology exploiting the multi-pumping approach was developed for the spectrophotometric determination of ambroxol hydrochloride in pharmaceutical preparations...
- Determination of roxithromycin in rat lung tissue by liquid chromatography-mass spectrometryPeng Wang
Shenyang Pharmtech Institute of Pharmaceuticals, Shenyang 110016, China
J Pharm Biomed Anal 39:618-23. 2005..The present study demonstrates that the concentration of roxithromycin in rat lung tissues can be significantly increased by ambroxol when they are formulated in combination.
- Direct, non-destructive quantitative measurement of an active pharmaceutical ingredient in an intact capsule formulation using Raman spectroscopyJaejin Kim
Department of Chemistry, Hanyang University, Seoul 133 791, South Korea
Anal Chim Acta 598:280-5. 2007The active pharmaceutical ingredient (ambroxol) in an intact capsule formulation has been non-destructively quantified using Raman spectroscopy...
- [Protective effects of ambroxol on lung injury during cardiacpulmonary bypass in patients undergoing valve replacement]Hai yang Zhou
Zhong Nan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 29:723-4. 2004
- [Ambroxol-induced toxicoderma]N Saad
Ann Dermatol Venereol 133:181-2. 2006
- Development of treatment for pulmonary alveolar proteinosisMasanori Shiratori
Intern Med 41:1090-1. 2002
- Safety and usage pattern of an over-the-counter ambroxol cough syrup: a community pharmacy-based cohort studyM Schulz
Center for Drug Information and Pharmacy Practice, ABDA Federal Union of German Associations of Pharmacists, Berlin, Germany
Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther 44:409-21. 2006Mucoactive substances such as ambroxol, available in several countries as over-the-counter (OTC) medicines, are used for the treatment of acute and chronic bronchitis.
- [Clinical observation on Biyan Qingdu Granule and ambroxol hydrochloride in treating secretory otitis media]Ying Guo
Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao 2:277, 291. 2004
- [Mucolytics in acute and chronic respiratory tract disorders. II. Uses for treatment and antioxidant properties]Maciej Kupczyk
Klinika Pneumonologii i Alergologii Instytutu Medycyny Wewnetrznej Akademii Medycznej w Łodzi
Pol Merkur Lekarski 12:248-52. 2002..Mucolytic agents such as Ambroxol and N-acetylcysteine are able to alter the secretion of mucus and its physical properties which results in ..
- [Effect of ambroxol on lipid peroxidation in homogenates of the human placenta]D Chlubek
Ginekol Pol 72:804-8. 2001..Cells and tissues are protected against toxic lipid peroxides by antioxidants. Ambroxol was found to be equipotent to well-known antioxidants in protecting lipids from peroxidative attack in lungs...
- [Atelectasis following cesarean section. Personal experience]A D'Ettore
Dipartimento Clinico di Emergenza Ostetrica e Ginecologica e Medicina della Riproduzione, Urologia, Universita degli Studi di Napoli Federico II, Naples, Italy
Minerva Ginecol 54:185-7. 2002..The inhibition of cough's reflex causes retention of secretions with consequent bronchial obstruction and atelectasis. Personal experience in 6 cases of atelectasis following cesarean section is reported...
- Enhanced resistance to Sendai virus infection in DBA/2J mice with a botanical drug combination (Sinupret)M Schmolz
EDI GmbH, Reutlingen, Germany
Int Immunopharmacol 1:1841-8. 2001..o.), and two active controls, the chemical secretolytic ambroxol (p.o.) and the immunomodulator Muramyldipeptide (MDP, i.v.) were used...
- [Efficacy of combined drug therapy using a macrolide antibiotic and an antihistamine for adult patients with chronic paranasal sinusitis]Tsutomu Ueda
Jpn J Antibiot 56:162-5. 2003
- [The effect of inhaled ambroxol treatment on clinical symptoms and chosen parameters of ventilation in patients with exacerbation of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease patients]K Jahnz-Rozyk
Klinika Chorób Wewnetrznych, Pneumonologii i Alergologii IMW CSK WAM w Warszawie
Pol Merkur Lekarski 11:239-43. 2001..placebo controlled comparative study of the clinical symptoms and chosen parameters of ventilation of inhaled ambroxol in patients hospitalized with exacerbation of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)...
- [A near-infrared diffuse reflectance analysis method for the noninvasive quantitative analysis of ambroxol hydrochloride tablets]Mei Ling Sun
Center for Instrumental Analysis, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing 210009, China
Yao Xue Xue Bao 39:60-3. 2004To develop a near-infrared diffuse reflectance analysis (NIRDRA) method for rapid noninvasive quantitative determination of ambroxol hydrochloride in half-finished product particles and non-blister-packed, blistered tablets.
- Modulating effects of mucoregulating drugs on the attachment of Haemophilus influenzaeC T Ndour
Department of Internal Medicine, Nagasaki University, Nagasaki, 852-8102, Japan
Microb Pathog 30:121-7. 2001..In the present study we describe the effects of two mucoregulating drugs, S-carboxymethylcysteine (S-CMC) and ambroxol, on the attachment of NTHI to pharyngeal epithelial cells. There was a significant (P < 0.0001, < 0...
- [Comparison of the effect of ambroxol and dexamethasone on the expression of pulmonary surfactant proteins in the fetal rat lungs]Xue ming Fu
Department of Neonatology, Children s Hospital, Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing 400014, China
Zhonghua Er Ke Za Zhi 42:450-3. 2004To investigate the effects of maternally administered dexamethasone and ambroxol on the mRNA levels of surfactant proteins (SP-A, SP-B and SP-C) expression in fetal rat lungs at gestational age day 19.
- Activity of some mucolytics against bacterial adherence to mammalian cellsMohamed M Hafez
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 158:97-112. 2009..Preliminary screening for antiadherent activity showed that ambroxol, bromhexine, ammonium chloride, and ammonium acetate but neither guaiphenesin nor carbocysteine significantly ..
- A simple micellar electrokinetic capillary chromatographic method for the quantitative analysis of organic expectorantsYu Ting Lin
Graduate Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Electrophoresis 29:3524-30. 2008..chromatographic method is described for the separation and quantification of five expectorant drugs, including ambroxol (AMB), bromhexine (BRM), carbocysteine, guaiacol and guaifenesin...
- Current perspectives on the prevention and management of chronic lung disease in preterm infantsPrakesh S Shah
Department of Paediatrics, Mount Sinai Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Paediatr Drugs 5:463-80. 2003..alpha-1 antitrypsin, superoxide dismutase, tocopherol (vitamin E), ascorbic acid (vitamin C), allopurinol, ambroxol, inositol, inhaled bronchodilators, and fluid restriction...
- Effect of Tanreqing Injection on treatment of acute exacerbation of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease with Chinese medicine syndrome of retention of phlegm and heat in FeiWen Li
Department of Integrated Chinese and Western Medicine, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Chin J Integr Med 16:131-7. 2010..To explore the effect of Tanreqing Injection (TRQI) on the treatment of acute exacerbation of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (AECOPD) with Chinese medicine syndrome of retention of phlegm and heat in Fei (RPHF)...
- The predictive value of asthma medications to identify individuals with asthma--a study in German general practicesW Himmel
Department of General Practice, University of Gottingen, Germany
Br J Gen Pract 51:879-83. 2001..For asthma treatment, the frequently applied ratio of anti-inflammatory to bronchodilator drugs may, however, be misleading if the specificity of a drug for the treatment of asthma, compared with other diseases, is unknown...
- Effect of carbocysteine on cough reflex to capsaicin in asthmatic patientsYoshihisa Ishiura
Division of Pulmonary Medicine, Wajima Municipal Hospital, Wajima, Japan
Br J Clin Pharmacol 55:504-10. 2003..This study was designed to investigate the clinical effect of carbocysteine for cough sensitivity in patients with bronchial asthma...
- Adenosine increases human platelet levels of cGMP through nitric oxide: possible role in its antiaggregating effectGiovanni Anfossi
Diabetes Unit, Department of Clinical and Biological Sciences, University of Turin, Azienda Ospedaliera S Luigi, I 10043 Orbassano, Turin, Italy
Thromb Res 105:71-8. 2002..activity), N(G)-monomethyl-L-arginine (L-NMMA, nitric synthase inhibitor), ionomycin (calcium ionophore), and ambroxol (2-amino-3,5-dibromo-N-[trans-4-hydroxycyclohexyl]benzylamine, inhibitor of nitric oxide (NO)-dependent ..
- [Lipoid pneumonia following attempted suicide by intravenous injection of lamp oil]S M Perings
Klinik fur Kardiologie, Pneumologie und Angiologie, Heinrich Heine Universitat Dusseldorf
Med Klin (Munich) 96:685-8. 2001..However, intoxication following an intravenous injection leading to a lipoid pneumonia after an attempted suicide is a rare finding...
- Herbal medicines for the treatment of COPD: a systematic reviewR Guo
Complementary Medicine, Peninsula Medical School, Universities of Exeter and Plymouth, 25 Victoria Park Road, Exeter EX2 4NT, UK
Eur Respir J 28:330-8. 2006..A single trial compared a herbal medicine (Hedera helix leaf extract) with a conventional treatment (ambroxol tablet) and reported no significant difference between groups...
- YM-40461 improves airway clearance in guinea pigs with induced subacute bronchitisA Kimoto
Institute for Drug Discovery Research, Yamanouchi Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 23:1441-4. 2000..1 mg/kg p.o. At a dose of 10 mg/kg p.o., YM-40461 restored MCT to the control level (98.0% recovery). Ambroxol, bromhexine and salbutamol also improved MCT, but were far less effective than YM-40461...
- A method for studying expectorant action in the mouse by measurement of tracheobronchial phenol red secretionG Coppi
Proter Research Laboratories, Opera, Milano, Italy
Farmaco 44:541-5. 1989..the same activity for N-acetylcysteine, Tiopronine, SF-1284 and S-carboxymethylcysteine, and a lower activity for Ambroxol and Sobrerol...
- [Gentleness in ENT: optimalization of drug therapy]J Sternon
Acta Otorhinolaryngol Belg 43:373-9. 1989..5. Optimalization of nonmorphinic oral analgesics with acetaminophen (in monotherapy or in association) and morphinic ones by anticipative and repetitive administration...
- Preparation and evaluation of microencapsulated fast melt tablets of ambroxol hydrochlorideS Jacob
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, S Bhagwan Singh PG Institute of Biomedical Sciences and Research, Balawala, Dehradun 248 161, India
Indian J Pharm Sci 71:276-84. 2009..Present work assessed the potential of a natural polysaccharide, pectin to mask the bitter taste of ambroxol hydrochloride, by microencapsulation technique, and its possibility to formulate as a fast disintegrating dosage ..
- Colorimetric and atomic absorption spectrometric determination of mucolytic drug ambroxol through ion-pair formation with iron and thiocyanateAbdulkadir Levent
Yuzuncu Yil University, Department of Analytical Chemistry, Van, Turkey
Comb Chem High Throughput Screen 13:675-82. 2010..and atomic absorption spectrometric methods have been developed for the determination of mucolytic drug Ambroxol. These procedures depend upon the reaction of iron(III) metal ion with the drug in the presence of thiocyanate ..
- Development and validation of an efficient HPLC method for quantification of voriconazole in plasma and microdialysate reflecting an important target siteFranziska Simmel
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, Institute of Pharmacy, Martin Luther Universitaet Halle Wittenberg, Wolfgang Langenbeck Str 4, 06120, Halle, Germany
Anal Bioanal Chem 392:479-88. 2008..7 to +107%) for both matrices. Of the 36 drug products typically co-administered with voriconazole, none except ambroxol interfered with its peak signal, and this interference was successfully managed...
- [Effect of ambroxol on lung development of rat models with nitrofen-induced congenital diaphragmatic hernia]Ying li Qiao
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Children s Hospital of Fudan University, Shanghai 201102, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 90:2420-3. 2010To investigate the effects of ambroxol on rat models with nitrofen-induced congenital diaphragmatic hernia (CDH) and its potential mechanism.
- [Management of extensive burn accompanying severe inhalation injury]Xue wen Qiu
Department of Burns, Nanfang Hospital, First Military Medical University, Guangzhou 510515, China
Di Yi Jun Yi Da Xue Xue Bao 24:597-9. 2004..To review our clinical experiences in the treatment of extensive burn accompanied by severe inhalation injury...
- Flow injection analysis using carbon film resistor electrodes for amperometric determination of ambroxolFabiana S Felix
Instituto de Quimica, Universidade de Sao Paulo, 05508 000 Sao Paulo, Brazil
Talanta 76:128-33. 2008Flow injection analysis (FIA) using a carbon film sensor for amperometric detection was explored for ambroxol analysis in pharmaceutical formulations...
- Secretory leukoprotease inhibitor and pulmonary surfactant serve as principal defenses against influenza A virus infection in the airway and chemical agents up-regulating their levels may have therapeutic potentialHiroshi Kido
Division of Enzyme Chemistry, Institute for Enzyme Research, The University of Tokushima, Kuramoto cho 3 18 15, Tokushima 770 8503, Japan
Biol Chem 385:1029-34. 2004..One of these compounds, ambroxol, is a mucolytic and anti-oxidant agent that stimulates the release of secretory leukoprotease inhibitor and ..
- Effects of certain antioxidants on lipid peroxidation process in lung homogenates of L thyroxine-receiving ratsJoanna A Wiktorska
Department of Endocrine Disorders and Bone Metabolism, Medical University of Lodz, Poland
Neuro Endocrinol Lett 31:137-46. 2010..A possible role of antioxidants in thyreotoxicosis was investigated. We examined the parameters of lipid peroxidation (LPO): conjugated dienes (CD), malondialdehyde (MDA), Schiff bases (SB) in lung homogenates of male Wistar rats...
- Meta-analysis of high doses of ambroxol treatment for acute lung injury/acute respiratory distress syndrome based on randomized controlled trialsXiangdong Wu
Department of Critical Care Medicine, Institute of Critical Care Medicine, The First Hospital Affiliated to Dalian Medical University, Dalian, China
J Clin Pharmacol 54:1199-206. 2014This study seeks to evaluate the potential benefits of high doses of ambroxol treatment for acute lung injury (ALI)/acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) by conducting a meta-analysis based on randomized controlled trials (RCTs)...
- Neltenexine tablets in smoking and non-smoking patients with COPD. A double-blind, randomised, controlled study versus placeboC Cattaneo
Department of Respiratory Diseases, Stradella Hospital, Stradella, Pavia, Italy
Minerva Med 92:277-84. 2001....
- Oral neltenexine in patients with obstructive airways diseases: an open, randomised, controlled comparison versus sobrerolG Fadda
Department of Respiratory Diseases, Alivesi Hospital, Ospedali Riuniti di Sassari, Ittiri (Sassari, Italy
Minerva Med 92:269-75. 2001BACKGROUND: The synthetic mucolytic neltene-xine is an amide derivative of ambroxol and thiophencarboxylic acid...
- Depressant effect of ambroxol on stimulated functional responses and cell death in rat alveolar macrophages exposed to silica in vitroYoung Ki Kim
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, Chung Ang University, Seoul, South Korea
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 300:629-37. 2002The present study examined the effect of ambroxol on free radical production, granule enzyme release, and cell death in silica-activated rat alveolar macrophages...
- 9,10-Phenanthrenequinone promotes secretion of pulmonary aldo-keto reductases with surfactantToshiyuki Matsunaga
Laboratory of Biochemistry, Gifu Pharmaceutical University, Gifu 501 1196, Japan
Cell Tissue Res 347:407-17. 2012..Thus, the AKR1C enzymes secreted in pulmonary surfactants probably participate in the toxic mechanism triggered by 9,10-PQ...
- Determination of ambroxol in human plasma by high performance liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization mass spectrometry (HPLC-MS/ESI)Fenli Su
Clinical Pharmacy and Pharmacology Institute, Second Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha 410011, PR China
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 853:364-8. 2007A rapid, sensitive and specific method to determination of ambroxol in human plasma using high performance liquid chromatography coupled with electrospray ionization mass spectrometry (HPLC-MS/ESI) was described...
- The influence of ambroxol and capsaicin on the isolated rabbit bladder wallTomasz Drewa
Department of Tissue Engineering, Chair of Medical Biology, L Rydygier Medical College Bydgoszcz, N Copernicus University, Torun, Poland
Acta Pol Pharm 62:399-403. 2005..b>Ambroxol can suppress reflexes such as the cough or the corneal reflex which are connected to stimulation of C fibre ..
- Effects of ambroxol on Candida albicans growth and biofilm formationHernandez Delgadillo Rene
Facultad de Ciencias Biologicas, Instituto de Biotecnologia, Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon, UANL, Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico
Mycoses 57:228-32. 2014..objective of this work was to investigate the in vitro fungicidal activity as well as the antibiofilm activity of ambroxol (AMB) against C. albicans growth...
- [Impact of treatment with low dose roxithromycin on stable bronchiectasis]Ji Feng Liu
Department of Respiratory Diseases, Guangxi Medical University, Nanning, China
Zhonghua Jie He He Hu Xi Za Zhi 35:824-7. 2012..To investigate the impact of treatment with low dose roxithromycin on clinical symptoms and CT scores in patients with stable bronchiectasis...
- Glucocorticoids, antioxidants and staurosporine modulate the adherence between monocytes and malaria infected erythrocytesJ P Goldring
Department of Biochemistry, School of Molecular and Cellular Biosciences, University of Natal Pietermaritzburg, Scottsville, South Africa
Inflamm Res 48:657-61. 1999..The adherence of malaria parasitised red cells to monocytes was determined after monocytes were treated with dexamethasone, cortisol, ambroxol, danazol, probucol and staurosporine.
- Preclinical Development of a Novel and Effective Treatment for CoughBlake M Paterson; Fiscal Year: 2011..Antitussive synergy of MMT in combination with other agents (menthol and ambroxol) will also be evaluated...
- Diesel Exhaust Particle Modulation of InflammationJeanclare Seagrave; Fiscal Year: 2005....