Genomes and Genes
Summary: A positive inotropic cardiotonic agent with vasodilator properties. It inhibits cAMP phosphodiesterase activity in myocardium and vascular smooth muscle. Milrinone is a derivative of amrinone and has 20-30 times the ionotropic potency of amrinone.
Publications207 found, 100 shown here
- Intravenous milrinone in cardiac surgeryJerrold H Levy
Division of Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology and Critical Care, Emory University School of Medicine and Emory Healthcare, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 73:325-30. 2002Phosphodiesterase inhibitors including milrinone produce positive inotropic effects by slowing the hydrolysis of cyclic adenosine monophosphate in the myocardium. With a loading dose of 50 microg/kg followed by an infusion of 0...
- Hyperglycemia raises the threshold of levosimendan- but not milrinone-induced postconditioning in rat heartsShuhei Matsumoto
Department of Anesthesiology, Nagasaki University School of Medicine, Nagasaki, Japan
Cardiovasc Diabetol 11:4. 2012The authors examined whether milrinone and levosimendan could exert cardiac postconditioning effects in rats under normoglycemia and hyperglycemia, and whether the effects could be mediated by mitochondrial permeability transition pore (..
- Intra-arterial milrinone for reversible cerebral vasoconstriction syndromeManon Bouchard
Department of Neurological Sciences, CHA Enfant Jésus, Faculty of Medicine, Laval University, Quebec City, QC, Canada
Headache 49:142-5. 2009..Within hours of neurological deterioration, she was treated with intra-arterial milrinone, a phosphodiesterase inhibitor, which resulted in a rapid and sustained neurological improvement.
- Efficacy and safety of milrinone in preventing low cardiac output syndrome in infants and children after corrective surgery for congenital heart diseaseTimothy M Hoffman
Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Circulation 107:996-1002. 2003..This study evaluated the efficacy and safety of prophylactic milrinone in pediatric patients at high risk for developing LCOS.
- Randomized trial of milrinone versus placebo for prevention of low systemic blood flow in very preterm infantsMary Paradisis
Department of Neonatal Medicine, Royal North Shore Hospital, St Leonards, New South Wales, Australia
J Pediatr 154:189-95. 2009To assess the effectiveness of early prophylactic milrinone versus placebo for prevention of low systemic blood flow in high-risk preterm infants.
- Milrinone, a selective phosphodiesterase 3 inhibitor, stimulates lipolysis, endogenous glucose production, and insulin secretionPeter Cheung
Division of Endocrinology Diabetes Metabolism, Clinical Research Center, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19141, USA
Metabolism 52:1496-500. 2003In vivo effects of milrinone, a selective phosphodiesterase 3 (PDE-3) inhibitor, on plasma free fatty acids (FFA), glucose, and insulin levels were examined in alert rats...
- Levosimendan or milrinone in the type 2 diabetic patient with low ejection fraction undergoing elective coronary artery surgeryEmad Al-Shawaf
Department of Anesthesia, The Chest Diseases Hospital, Ministry of Health, Safat, Kuwait
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 20:353-7. 2006..in 2 groups of type 2 diabetic patients with depressed myocardial function who underwent elective surgery for coronary artery disease and who received levosimendan or milrinone for postcardiopulmonary bypass low-output syndrome.
- Milrinone and low cardiac output following cardiac surgery in infants: is there a direct myocardial effect?B Duggal
Paediatric Intensive Care Unit, Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Trust, Royal Brompton Hospital, Sydney Street, London SW3 6NP, UK
Pediatr Cardiol 26:642-5. 2005We assessed the effect of milrinone on myocardial function in pediatric patients with postoperative low cardiac output syndrome by index of myocardial performance in a prospective, open-label, nonrandomized, consecutive study...
- Milrinone therapy for enterovirus 71-induced pulmonary edema and/or neurogenic shock in children: a randomized controlled trialChia Yu Chi
National Institute of Infectious Diseases and Vaccinology, National Health Research Institutes, Miaoli County, Taiwan
Crit Care Med 41:1754-60. 2013..In a small pilot study, we found that milrinone reduced early mortality compared with historical controls...
- Pharmacokinetics and side effects of milrinone in infants and children after open heart surgeryC Ramamoorthy
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, USA
Anesth Analg 86:283-9. 1998We investigated the pharmacokinetics and side effects of milrinone in infants and children (< or = 13 yr) after open heart surgery in this prospective, open-label study...
- Milrinone for persistent pulmonary hypertension of the newbornDirk Bassler
Department of Neonatology, University Children s Hospital, Tuebingen, Germany
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 11:CD007802. 2010..However, iNO is not available in all countries and not all infants will respond to iNO. Milrinone is a phosphodiesterase III inhibitor which induces pulmonary vasodilatation by its actions through a cyclic ..
- Milrinone modulates endotoxemia, systemic inflammation, and subsequent acute phase response after cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB)T Mollhoff
Klinik und Poliklinik für Anästhesiologie und operative Intensivmedizin, Westfälische Westfälische Wilhelms Universität Münster, Germany
Anesthesiology 90:72-80. 1999..The authors evaluated the effects of milrinone on splanchnic oxygenation, systemic inflammation, and the subsequent acute-phase response in patients undergoing ..
- The effect of milrinone on platelet activation as determined by TEG platelet mappingMark C Wesley
Department of Anesthesia, Children s Hospital Boston and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Anesth Analg 108:1425-9. 2009b>Milrinone is a phosphodiesterase III inhibitor that increases intracellular cyclic adenosine monophosphate resulting in improved ventricular function and vasodilation...
- Anti-ischemic effects of inotropic agents in experimental right ventricular infarctionM Hein
Department of Anesthesiology, University Hospital of Aachen, Aachen, Germany
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 53:941-8. 2009..Therefore, we used a porcine model of RV ischemia and reperfusion (IR) injury to study the influence of milrinone, levosimendan and dobutamine on the extent and degree of myocardial injury.
- Administration of milrinone before ischemia, in the presence of beta-blockade, to treat metabolic impairment and myocardial stunning in pigsA Sidi
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL, USA
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 52:397-405. 2008..We examined effects of phosphodiesterase type III inhibition on regional myocardial metabolism and global left ventricular function, during ischemia, in the presence of beta-blockade...
- Milrinone efficiently potentiates insulin secretion induced by orally but not intravenously administered glucose in C57BL6J miceEva Degerman
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Biomedical Center, C11, 22184 Lund, Sweden
Eur J Pharmacol 498:319-23. 2004..of phosphodiesterase (PDE) 3 inhibition on plasma insulin and glucose levels, the selective PDE 3 inhibitor milrinone (0.25, 1.0, and 2...
- Combined usage of inhaled and intravenous milrinone in pulmonary hypertension after heart valve surgeryMladen Carev
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Split University Hospital Center, Split, Croatia
Coll Antropol 34:1113-7. 2010..The usage of inhaled milrinone could be the possible therapeutic option...
- Milrinone and nitric oxide: combined effect on pulmonary artery pressures after cardiopulmonary bypass in childrenVadim Khazin
Department of Anesthesia, The Edith Wolfson Medical Center, Affiliated with Sackler School of Medicine, Holon, Israel
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 18:156-9. 2004To investigate the effect of milrinone combined with nitric oxide (NO) on the pulmonary artery pressures (PAP) after cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB), for repair of congenital heart defects (CHD) in children.
- Effects of a new phosphodiesterase enzyme type V inhibitor (UK 343-664) versus milrinone in a porcine model of acute pulmonary hypertensionFelipe Urdaneta
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, Florida 32610 0254, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 78:1433-7. 2004..Perioperative pulmonary hypertension remains a clinical challenge. The phosphodiesterase enzyme type III inhibitor milrinone produces pulmonary vasodilation but lacks selectivity...
- Nitric oxide and milrinone: combined effect on pulmonary circulation after Fontan-type procedure: a prospective, randomized studyJiming Cai
Department of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery, Shanghai Children s Medical Center, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine formerly Shanghai Second Medical University, Shanghai, China
Ann Thorac Surg 86:882-8; discussion 882-8. 2008..Inhalation of nitric oxide (iNO) and intravenous milrinone are two options capable of reducing pulmonary vascular resistance...
- Comparison of the effects of cilostazol and milrinone on cAMP-PDE activity, intracellular cAMP and calcium in the heartYasmin Shakur
Otsuka Maryland Research Institute, 9900 Medical Center Drive, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Cardiovasc Drugs Ther 16:417-27. 2002We investigated the basis for the difference in the cardiotonic effects of the PDE3 inhibitors cilostazol and milrinone in the rabbit heart...
- Intestinal hemodynamic effects of milrinone in asphyxiated newborn pigs after reoxygenation with 100% oxygen: a dose-response studyChloe Joynt
Department of Pediatrics, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Shock 31:292-9. 2009Neonatal asphyxia can result in poor perfusion, vasoconstriction, and decreased oxygen delivery in the intestine. Milrinone increases myocardial contractility and causes peripheral vasodilatation...
- Heart protection by combination therapy with esmolol and milrinone at late-ischemia and early reperfusionMing He Huang
Department of Internal Medicine, Cardiology Division M HH, YW, VN, SR, BFU, KF, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX, USA
Cardiovasc Drugs Ther 25:223-32. 2011The present study determined whether late-ischemia/early reperfusion therapy with the β(1)-adrenergic receptor (AR) blocker esmolol and phosphodiesterase III inhibitor milrinone reduced left ventricular (LV) myocardial infarct size (IS).
- Milrinone facilitates resuscitation from cardiac arrest and attenuates postresuscitation myocardial dysfunctionJames T Niemann
Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Department of Emergency Medicine and the David Geffen UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, Calif, USA
Circulation 108:3031-5. 2003..The purpose of this study was to investigate the use of milrinone, a selective phosphodiesterase III inhibitor, as treatment for LV dysfunction after resuscitation.
- Effect of vasodilation by milrinone, a phosphodiesterase III inhibitor, on vasospastic arteries after a subarachnoid hemorrhage in vitro and in vivo: effectiveness of cisternal injection of milrinoneMitsuhisa Nishiguchi
Department of Neurological Surgery, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2 5 1 Shikata cho, Okayama, Japan
Neurosurgery 66:158-64; discussion 164. 2010Cerebral vasospasm remains a major cause of morbidity and mortality. Milrinone, a bipyridine phosphodiesterase III inhibitor, is a potent member of the inodilator class of cardiac agents for vasospasm and is injected intra-arterially or ..
- Effect of milrinone on short-term outcome of patients with myocardial dysfunction undergoing coronary artery bypass graft: A randomized controlled trialMohammad Jebeli
Cardiac Surgery Department, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Shariati Hospital, Tehran, Iran
Cardiol J 17:73-8. 2010..In this study, we evaluate the effect of milrinone on patients with ventricular dysfunction undergoing coronary artery bypass graft (CABG).
- Effect of milrinone on left ventricular relaxation and Ca(2+) uptake function of cardiac sarcoplasmic reticulumM Yano
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Yamaguchi University School of Medicine, Ube, Yamaguchi 755 8505, Japan
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 279:H1898-905. 2000b>Milrinone, a phosphodiesterase 3 (PDE3) inhibitor, is known to enhance left ventricular (LV) contractility by an inhibition of the breakdown of cAMP through the mechanism inhibiting PDE3...
- Hemodynamic changes during off-pump coronary artery bypass anastomosis in patients with coexisting mitral regurgitation: improvement with milrinoneTakeshi Omae
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Kagoshima University, Sakuragaoka, Japan
Anesth Analg 101:2-8, table of contents. 2005..increased in patients with coexisting MR during off-pump coronary artery bypass (OPCAB) anastomosis, and that milrinone could ameliorate increases in MR that occur during OPCAB anastomosis...
- Levosimendan restores both systolic and diastolic cardiac performance in lipopolysaccharide-treated rabbits: comparison with dobutamine and milrinoneDamien Barraud
Equipe d Accueil 322, Universite, Paris, France
Crit Care Med 35:1376-82. 2007..Our study aimed to fully characterize both systolic and diastolic abnormalities of sepsis-associated heart failure and to identify treatment that would support full-cycle cardiac improvement...
- Comparison of the hemodynamic effects of milrinone with dobutamine in patients after cardiac surgeryR O Feneck
Department of Anesthesia, St Thomas' Hospital, London, United Kingdom
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 15:306-15. 2001OBJECTIVE: To compare the hemodynamic effects, efficacy, and safety of intravenous milrinone (M), 50 microg/kg during 10 minutes followed by 0...
- Inotropes improve right heart function in patients undergoing aortic valve replacement for aortic stenosisAndrew D Maslow
Departments of Anesthesia and Surgery, Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, Rhode Island 02903, USA
Anesth Analg 98:891-902, table of contents. 2004..Thirty-four patients were prospectively randomized to one of three groups: epinephrine, milrinone, or placebo...
- Milrinone enhances systolic, but not diastolic function during coronary artery bypass grafting surgeryPierre Couture
Department of Anesthesiology, Montreal Heart Institute, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Can J Anaesth 54:509-22. 2007To evaluate the effect of milrinone on diastolic function during coronary artery bypass grafting surgery (CABG).
- Hemodynamic management and outcome of patients treated for cerebral vasospasm with intraarterial nicardipine and/or milrinoneUlrich Schmidt
Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Anesth Analg 110:895-902. 2010..Although endovascular treatment with intraarterial nicardipine and milrinone is an accepted clinical treatment strategy, there is little information either on hemodynamic management during ..
- Effects of milrinone versus epinephrine on left ventricular relaxation after cardiopulmonary bypass following myocardial revascularization: assessment by color m-mode and tissue DopplerEmilio B Lobato
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Florida College of Medicine and Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Gainesville, 32610, USA
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 19:334-9. 2005The purpose of this study was to evaluate the left ventricular lusitropic effects of epinephrine versus milrinone after cardiopulmonary bypass.
- Therapeutic efficacy of milrinone in the management of enterovirus 71-induced pulmonary edemaShih Min Wang
Department of Emergency Medicine, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University and Hospital, Tainan, Taiwan
Pediatr Pulmonol 39:219-23. 2005..This study was designed to evaluate the potential therapeutic effect of milrinone, a phosphodiesterase (PDE) inhibitor, in the treatment of patients with EV71-induced pulmonary edema...
- Differential effects of amrinone and milrinone upon myocardial inflammatory signalingNikhil K Chanani
Department of Anesthesia, Children s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass 02115, USA
Circulation 106:I284-9. 2002..The mechanisms for these effects are unclear. We therefore examined the effects of 2 commonly used PDEIs, amrinone and milrinone, on cardiac cell inflammatory responses.
- Admission or changes in renal function during hospitalization for worsening heart failure predict postdischarge survival: results from the Outcomes of a Prospective Trial of Intravenous Milrinone for Exacerbations of Chronic Heart Failure (OPTIME-CHF)Liviu Klein
Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Circ Heart Fail 1:25-33. 2008..Less is known about the changes and relationships among these variables and the postdischarge survival rate...
- Greater vasopressin-induced vasoconstriction and inferior effects of nitrovasodilators and milrinone in the radial artery than in the internal thoracic arteryWei Wei
Providence Heart Institute, Albery Starr Academic Center, Department of Surgery, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 129:33-40. 2005..This study compared the vasopressin-induced contraction and the effects of milrinone, nitroglycerin, and nitroprusside in vasopressin-induced contraction between the human radial artery and the ..
- New milrinone analogues: in vitro study of structure-activity relationships for positive inotropic effect, antagonism towards endogenous adenosine, and inhibition of cardiac type III phosphodiesteraseM Floreani
Dipartimento di Farmacologia e Anestesiologia, Sezione di Farmacologia, Universita di Padova, 35131, Padova, Italy
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 367:109-18. 2003Two mechanisms are responsible for the positive inotropic effect of the cardiotonic drug milrinone, i.e., inhibition of type III cAMP phosphodiesterase (PDE III), and displacement of endogenous adenosine from A(1) inhibitory receptor...
- Inhaled milrinone attenuates experimental acute lung injuryMoritz Bueltmann
Department of Anesthesiology, German Heart Institute, Berlin, Germany
Intensive Care Med 35:171-8. 2009To test whether inhalation of the phosphodiesterase 3 inhibitor milrinone may attenuate experimental acute lung injury (ALI).
- Suppressing apoptosis with milrinone simulating extracorporeal circulation: a pilot studyE Usta
Department of Thoracic, Cardiac and Vascular Surgery, Tubingen University Hospital, Tubingen, Germany
Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 58:285-90. 2010..In addition, the aim was to verify the anti-apoptotic properties of the phosphodiesterase 3 inhibitor milrinone.
- Efficacy of pre-emptive milrinone in off-pump coronary artery bypass surgery: comparison between patients with a low and normal pre-graft cardiac indexY L Kwak
Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine and Anesthesia and Pain Research Institute, Yonsei Cardiovascular Research Institute, Yonsei University School of Medicine, 134 Shinchon dong, Seodaemun gu, Seoul 120 752, South Korea
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 26:687-93. 2004The effect of pre-emptive milrinone without bolus during off-pump coronary artery bypass surgery (OPCAB) was evaluated in two groups of patients with low and normal pre-graft cardiac index.
- Slow induction of milrinone after coronary artery bypass graftingT Shibata
Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, Second Department of Surgery, Osaka City University Medical School, 1-4-3 Asahi-machi, Abeno, Osaka 545-8585, Japan
Ann Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 7:23-7. 2001The aim of this study was to evaluate the hemodynamic effects of a slow induction of milrinone after open heart surgery...
- Milrinone improves diastolic function in coronary artery bypass surgery as assessed by acoustic quantification and peak filling rate: a prospective randomized studyBirger Axelsson
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery and Anesthesiology, Orebro University Hospital, Orebro, Sweden
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 24:244-9. 2010To compare the effects of a bolus dose of milrinone, 50 microg/kg, to placebo on diastolic function (active relaxation) in patients undergoing on-pump coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG).
- Cardioprotective effect afforded by transient exposure to phosphodiesterase III inhibitors: the role of protein kinase A and p38 mitogen-activated protein kinaseS Sanada
Department of Internal Medicine and Therapeutics, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Japan
Circulation 104:705-10. 2001..Methods and Results-- Milrinone, olprinone (PDEIII-Is), or dibutyryl-cAMP (db-cAMP) was injected intravenously 30 minutes before 90-minute ..
- Milrinone use is associated with postoperative atrial fibrillation after cardiac surgeryGregory A Fleming
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Circulation 118:1619-25. 2008..Inotropic drugs are commonly used perioperatively to support ventricular function. This study tested the hypothesis that the use of inotropic drugs is associated with postoperative AF...
- Effect of aerosolized milrinone during drug-induced pulmonary hypertension in lambsJavier Gelvez
Division of Critical Care Medicine, Miami Children s Hospital, 3100 SW 62nd Avenue, Miami, FL 33156 3009, USA
Pharmacol Res 50:87-91. 2004We tested whether aerosolized milrinone in lambs selectively reduces drug-induced acute pulmonary hypertension without reducing the mean systemic blood pressure (MSBP)...
- Selective pulmonary vasodilation with inhaled aerosolized milrinone in heart transplant candidatesArmin Sablotzki
Clinic of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Martin Luther University of Halle Wittenberg, Halle, Germany
Can J Anaesth 52:1076-82. 2005..A pilot study was under-taken to test the hypothesis that inhaled aerosolized milrinone may cause selective pulmonary vasodilation.
- Predictors of inotrope use during separation from cardiopulmonary bypassKenneth H McKinlay
Division of Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology and Critical Care, Department of Anesthesiology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 18:404-8. 2004..Design: Retrospective study of consecutive patients undergoing coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery...
- Effects of low-dose milrinone on weaning from cardiopulmonary bypass and after in patients with mitral stenosis and pulmonary hypertensionIlhan Oztekin
Anesthesiology Department, Siyami Ersek Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery Hospital, Haydarpasa, Istanbul, Turkey
Yakugaku Zasshi 127:375-83. 2007The phosphodiesterase inhibitor milrinone is usually preferred in patients with pulmonary hypertension and myocardial dysfunction after cardiopulmonary bypass...
- Inhalation of the phosphodiesterase-3 inhibitor milrinone attenuates pulmonary hypertension in a rat model of congestive heart failureThomas Hentschel
Department of Anesthesiology, German Heart Institute Berlin, Institute of Physiology, Charite Universitaetsmedizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Germany
Anesthesiology 106:124-31. 2007..of a vasodilatory phosphodiesterase-3 inhibitor may reverse this potentially detrimental process, the authors studied the effects of inhaled or intravenous milrinone on pulmonary and systemic hemodynamics in a rat model of CHF.
- A population pharmacokinetic analysis of milrinone in pediatric patients after cardiac surgeryJames M Bailey
Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
J Pharmacokinet Pharmacodyn 31:43-59. 2004The purpose of this study was to ascertain the optimal pharmacokinetic model for milrinone in pediatric patients after cardiac surgery when milrinone was administered as a slow loading dose followed by a constant-rate infusion...
- Mechanisms of a reduced cardiac output and the effects of milrinone and levosimendan in a model of infant cardiopulmonary bypassChristian F Stocker
Departments of Intensive Care, The Royal Children s Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
Crit Care Med 35:252-9. 2007..The objectives of our study were to define the early precipitants of the reduced cardiac output and to investigate the effects on these of milrinone and levosimendan in a model of pediatric cardiopulmonary bypass.
- Increased systemic inflammation and oxidative stress in patients with worsening congestive heart failure: improvement after short-term inotropic supportMichel White
Department of Medicine, Montreal Heart Institute, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, H1T 1C8
Clin Sci (Lond) 110:483-9. 2006..C-reactive protein) were measured by ELISA and colorimetric assays at admission and 30 days following 72-h milrinone (n=15) or dobutamine (n=14) infusion...
- Haemodynamic effects of a milrinone infusion without a bolus in patients undergoing off-pump coronary artery bypass graft surgeryY L Kwak
Department of Anaesthesiology and Pain Medicine, Anaesthesia and Pain Research Institute, Yonsei University School of Medicine, 134 Shinchon dong, Seodaemun gu, Seoul 120 752, Korea
Anaesthesia 59:324-31. 2004The haemodynamic effects of a continuous infusion of milrinone without an initial bolus dose were evaluated in patients undergoing off-pump coronary artery bypass graft surgery. After internal mammary artery harvest, milrinone 0.5 microg...
- Milrinone improves oxygenation in neonates with severe persistent pulmonary hypertension of the newbornPatrick J McNamara
Division of Neonatology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Toronto, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 1X8
J Crit Care 21:217-22. 2006..b>Milrinone is a promising adjunctive therapy because of its pulmonary vasodilator properties and cardiotropic effects.
- Inhaled but not intravenous milrinone prevents pulmonary endothelial dysfunction after cardiopulmonary bypassY Lamarche
Research Center, and Department of Surgery, Montreal Heart Institute, 5000 Belanger Street East, Montreal, Quebec H1T 1C8, Canada
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 130:83-92. 2005..b>Milrinone is a type III phosphodiesterase inhibitor...
- Levosimendan is superior to milrinone and dobutamine in selectively increasing microvascular gastric mucosal oxygenation in dogsLothar A Schwarte
Department of Anesthesiology, University Hospital of Dusseldorf, Germany
Crit Care Med 33:135-42; discussion 246-7. 2005..We compared systemic and regional effects of levosimendan with those of established inotropes, milrinone and dobutamine.
- Comparative hemodynamic effects of vasopressin and norepinephrine after milrinone-induced hypotension in off-pump coronary artery bypass surgical patientsYunseok Jeon
Department of Anesthesiology, Seoul National University Hospital, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 29:952-6. 2006..We hypothesized that vasopressin could recover hypotension induced by milrinone with less effect on pulmonary vascular resistance (PVR) compared to norepinephrine.
- Population pharmacokinetics and dosing regimen design of milrinone in preterm infantsMary Paradisis
Department of Newborn Care, RPA Women and Babies Hospital, Camperdown, NSW, Australia
Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed 92:F204-9. 2007To define the pharmacokinetics of milrinone in very preterm infants and determine an optimal dose regimen to prevent low systemic blood flow in the first 12 h after birth.
- The effect of milrinone on the right ventricular function in patients with reduced right ventricular function undergoing off-pump coronary artery bypass graft surgeryJong Hwa Lee
Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, College of Medicine, Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 21:854-8. 2006This investigation evaluated the effect of continuous milrinone infusion on right ventricular (RV) function during off-pump coronary artery bypass graft (OPCAB) surgery in patients with reduced RV function...
- Heart failure etiology and response to milrinone in decompensated heart failure: results from the OPTIME-CHF studyG Michael Felker
Clinical Research Institute, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 41:997-1003. 2003The goal of this study was to assess the interaction between heart failure (HF) etiology and response to milrinone in decompensated HF.
- Rapid assessment and safe management of severe pulmonary hypertension with milrinone during orthotopic liver transplantationKyota Fukazawa
Division of Solid Organ Transplantation, Department of Anesthesiology, Preoperative Medicine and Pain Management, University of Miami Leonard M Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Clin Transplant 24:515-9. 2010..We quickly determined the reversibility of PPHN with a bolus of milrinone and proceeded with OLT...
- Short-term intravenous milrinone for acute exacerbation of chronic heart failure: a randomized controlled trialMichael S Cuffe
Northwestern University Medical School, Division of Cardiology, 201 E Huron St, Galter 10 240, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
JAMA 287:1541-7. 2002..Although intravenous inotropic therapy usually produces beneficial hemodynamic effects and is labeled for use in the care of such patients, the effect of such therapy on intermediate-term clinical outcomes is uncertain...
- The efficacy of preemptive Milrinone or Amrinone therapy in patients undergoing coronary artery bypass graftingMutsuhito Kikura
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Hamamatsu, Japan
Anesth Analg 94:22-30, table of contents. 2002..We hypothesized that milrinone or amrinone may reduce their occurrence and catecholamine requirements and increase cellular enzyme levels in ..
- Comparison of milrinone versus nitroglycerin, alone and in combination, on grafted internal mammary artery flow after cardiopulmonary bypass: effects of alpha-adrenergic stimulationE B Lobato
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Florida College of Medicine, PO Box 100254, Gainesville, FL 32610 0254, USA
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 15:723-7. 2001To compare changes in blood flow in a grafted internal mammary artery (IMA) after cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB) in response to the administration of milrinone or nitroglycerin and to establish the effects of alpha-adrenergic stimulation.
- Milrinone versus dobutamine in heart failure subjects treated chronically with carvedilolB D Lowes
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado, CO 80262, USA
Int J Cardiol 81:141-9. 2001To compare the efficacy of milrinone and dobutamine in patients chronically treated with carvedilol.
- The metabolic and renal effects of adrenaline and milrinone in patients with myocardial dysfunction after coronary artery bypass graftingMatthias Heringlake
Department of Anesthesiology, Universitat zu Lubeck, D 23538 Lubeck, Germany
Crit Care 11:R51. 2007..This prospective, randomized pilot study analyzes the metabolic and renal effects of the inotropes adrenaline and milrinone in patients needing inotropic support after coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG).
- The additive pulmonary vasodilatory effects of inhaled prostacyclin and inhaled milrinone in postcardiac surgical patients with pulmonary hypertensionA Haraldsson s
Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, , Sweden
Anesth Analg 93:1439-45, table of contents. 2001..We hypothesized that milrinone, an adenosine-3',5'-cyclic monophosphate (cAMP)-selective phosphodiesterase enzyme (PDE) inhibitor may, when ..
- Combined milrinone and enteral metoprolol therapy in patients with septic myocardial depressionChristian A Schmittinger
Department of Anaesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Innsbruck Medical University, Anichstrasse 35, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Crit Care 12:R99. 2008..The multifactorial etiology of septic cardiomyopathy is not fully elucidated. Recently, high catecholamine levels have been suggested to contribute to impaired myocardial function...
- Effects of milrinone for right ventricular failure after left ventricular assist device implantationShin ichiro Kihara
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Heart Institute of Japan, Tokyo Women s Medical University
Heart Vessels 16:69-71. 2002..with right ventricular failure after left ventricular assist device implantation successfully treated with milrinone. Both had residual pulmonary hypertension due to high pulmonary vascular resistance after left ventricular ..
- A multicenter, randomized, blind comparison of amrinone with milrinone after elective cardiac surgeryJ P Rathmell
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington 05401, USA
Anesth Analg 86:683-90. 1998Amrinone and milrinone are phosphodiesterase inhibitors with positive inotropic effects useful for the treatment of ventricular dysfunction after cardiac surgery...
- Development of decompensated dilated cardiomyopathy is associated with decreased gene expression and activity of the milrinone-sensitive cAMP phosphodiesterase PDE3AC J Smith
Department of Pathology, New York Medical College, Valhalla 10595, USA
Circulation 96:3116-23. 1997..Little is known about relative changes in PDE3 activity or gene expression during the evolution of cardiomyopathy...
- Nebulized milrinone use in a pulmonary hypertensive crisisMitchell S Buckley
Department of Pharmacy, St Joseph s Hospital and Medical Center, Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Pharmacotherapy 27:1763-6. 2007..b>Milrinone, a phosphodiesterase inhibitor, remains a therapeutic option...
- Preliminary experience with inhaled milrinone in cardiac surgeryYoan Lamarche
Research Center, Montreal Heart Institute and Universite de Montreal, 5000 Belanger Street, Montreal, Quebec H, Canada
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 31:1081-7. 2007Inhaled administration of milrinone reduces pulmonary artery pressure. Pulmonary hypertension (PH) and right heart failure are associated with difficult separation from cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB)...
- Prognosis on chronic dobutamine or milrinone infusions for stage D heart failureEiran Z Gorodeski
Section of Heart Failure and Cardiac Transplant Medicine, Kaufman Center for Heart Failure, Heart and Vascular Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Circ Heart Fail 2:320-4. 2009There are no published clinical trials comparing dobutamine with milrinone in outpatients with stage D heart failure on continuous inotropes.
- Comparison of inhaled and intravenous milrinone in patients with pulmonary hypertension undergoing mitral valve surgeryHongmei Wang
Department of Anesthesiology, Second Affiliated Hospital, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
Adv Ther 26:462-8. 2009..The aim of this study was to investigate the postoperative hemodynamic effects of milrinone inhalation, and determine whether it has a selective effect of pulmonary vasodilation in patients with pulmonary ..
- Milrinone for the treatment of cerebral vasospasm after subarachnoid hemorrhage: report of seven casesY Arakawa
Department of Neurosurgery, Kurashiki Central Hospital, Okayama, Japan
Neurosurgery 48:723-8; discussion 728-30. 2001..b>Milrinone is an inotropic drug that dilates vessels by phosphodiesterase inhibition in a mechanism similar to that of ..
- Lower serum sodium is associated with increased short-term mortality in hospitalized patients with worsening heart failure: results from the Outcomes of a Prospective Trial of Intravenous Milrinone for Exacerbations of Chronic Heart Failure (OPTIME-CHF) sLiviu Klein
Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Ill 60611, USA
Circulation 111:2454-60. 2005..The prognostic value of serum sodium in patients hospitalized for worsening heart failure has not been well defined...
- Milrinone increases middle cerebral artery blood flow velocity after cardiopulmonary bypassCheri A Sulek
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Florida College of Medicine, and Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 16:64-9. 2002To evaluate the effects of milrinone on middle cerebral artery blood flow velocity (Vmca) and pulsatility index (PI) during normocapnia and hyperventilation in adults after cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB).
- Effects of levosimendan and milrinone on oxygen consumption in isolated guinea-pig heartPetri Kaheinen
Orion Pharma, Espoo, Finland
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 43:555-61. 2004..a novel calcium sensitizer that increases contraction force without change in intracellular calcium ([Ca2+]i); milrinone is a phosphodiesterase inhibitor that exerts a positive inotropic effect by increasing [Ca2+]i...
- Potential greater than additive vasorelaxant actions of milrinone and nitroglycerin on human conduit arteriesG W He
Albert Starr Academic Center for Cardiac Surgery, St Vincent Hospital and Medical Center, Portland, Oregon, USA
Br J Clin Pharmacol 41:101-7. 1996..The purpose of this study was to test the hypothesis that the phosphodiesterase III inhibitor milrinone and nitroglycerin (NTG) may have greater than additive effects in human arteries. 2...
- Dose-response effects of milrinone on hemodynamics of newborn pigs with hypoxia-reoxygenationChloe Joynt
Department of Pediatrics, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada
Intensive Care Med 34:1321-9. 2008Neonatal asphyxia causes cardiogenic shock and pulmonary hypertension with decreased brain perfusion. We examined the dose-response of milrinone on systemic, pulmonary, and carotid circulations in a model of neonatal hypoxia-reoxygenation.
- Effects of milrinone and butyrolactone-I on porcine oocyte meiotic progression and developmental competenceChristopher G Grupen
Research Centre for Reproductive Health, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, The University of Adelaide, The Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Woodville Road, Woodville, SA 5011, Australia
Reprod Fertil Dev 18:309-17. 2006..With the aim of improving this coordination, the effects of milrinone, an inhibitor of type 3 phosphodiesterases, and butyrolactone-I, a selective inhibitor of cdc2 kinases, on ..
- Comparative effects of levosimendan, OR-1896, OR-1855, dobutamine, and milrinone on vascular resistance, indexes of cardiac function, and O2 consumption in dogsPatricia N Banfor
Department of Integrative Pharmacology R46R, Global Pharmaceutical Research and Development, Abbott Laboratories, 100 Abbott Park Rd, Abbott Park, IL 60064 6119, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 294:H238-48. 2008..Results were compared with those of the beta(1)-agonist dobutamine and the phosphodiesterase 3 inhibitor milrinone. Peak concentrations of levosimendan, OR-1896, and OR-1855 were 455 +/- 21, 126 +/- 6, and 136 +/- 6 ng/ml, ..
- Milrinone administered before ischemia or just after reperfusion, attenuates myocardial stunning in anesthetized swineTadasuke Use
Department of Anesthesiology, Nagasaki University School of Medicine, 1 7 1 Sakamoto, Nagasaki, Japan
Cardiovasc Drugs Ther 20:327-34. 2006We assessed the dose or timing effect of milrinone administered against myocardial stunning in 37 anesthetized open-chest swine.
- Reassessment of dobutamine, dopamine, and milrinone in the management of acute heart failure syndromesMelike Bayram
Department of Medicine Residency Training Program, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Am J Cardiol 96:47G-58G. 2005..on short-term, intermittent, and long-term use of intravenous inodilator agents (dobutamine, dopamine, and milrinone) in AHFS...
- Home inotropic therapy in childrenAlexandria M Berg
Sibley Heart Transplant Center, Children s Healthcare of Atlanta, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Heart Lung Transplant 26:453-7. 2007..In adults, home inotropic therapy has been shown to be a safe and cost-effective bridge to transplantation. To date, there are limited data on the use of home inotropic therapy in children...
- Effects of standard heart failure therapy and concomitant treatment with intravenous furosemide or inotropes (dobutamine, dopamine, and/or milrinone) on renal function and mortality in patients treated with nesiritideShaun Kurien
Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Am J Cardiol 98:1627-30. 2006....
- Chronic inotropic therapy in end-stage heart failurePaul J Hauptman
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO, USA
Am Heart J 152:1096.e1-8. 2006..However, little is known about associated mortality and cost. Therefore, we sought to describe the impact of chronic infusions on resource use and survival...
- Cardiovascular pharmacotherapy update for the intensive care unitJames C Coons
Department of Pharmacy, Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA 15212, USA
Crit Care Nurs Q 30:44-57. 2007..We also highlight innovations in pharmacotherapy for this patient population, and provide practical considerations for the most appropriate and safe use of these medications...
- Reduction in interaction between cGMP and cAMP in dog ventricular myocytes with hypertrophic failureQihang Zhang
Department of Surgery, UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, One Robert Wood Johnson Place, CN 19, New Brunswick, NJ 08903 0019, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 289:H1251-7. 2005..erythro-9-(2-hydroxy-3-nonyl)adenine [EHNA; a cAMP phosphodiesterase (PDE(2)) inhibitor] plus 8-bromo-cGMP, or milrinone (a PDE(3) inhibitor) plus 8-bromo-cGMP...
- The effects of levosimendan in cardiac surgery patients with poor left ventricular functionStefan G De Hert
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Antwerp, University Hospital Antwerp, Belgium
Anesth Analg 104:766-73. 2007....
- Predictors of clinical outcome in advanced heart failure patients on continuous intravenous milrinone therapyGeetha Bhat
Heart Failure and Cardiac Transplant Center, Jewish Hospital, Louisville, Kentucky, USA
ASAIO J 52:677-81. 2006Home-based milrinone therapy (HMT) is used as a bridge to cardiac transplant (CT). The safety, efficacy, and predictors of success of HMT were assessed. Forty-five patients with heart failure, referred for CT, were prospectively studied...
- Treatment of ischaemic left ventricular dysfunction with milrinone or dobutamine administered during coronary artery stenosis in the presence of beta blockade in pigsA Sidi
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Florida, College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL, USA
Br J Anaesth 97:799-807. 2006..This study examines the effects of phosphodiesterase type III (PDEIII) inhibition vs beta stimulation on global function of the left ventricle (LV) and systemic haemodynamics in a porcine model of acute coronary stenosis with beta blockade...
- Treating metabolic impairment and myocardial stunning with phosphodiesterase inhibitor type III, milrinone, administered prior to coronary artery occlusion in the presence of calcium channel blockade in pigsAvner Sidi
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Florida College of Medicine and Anesthesia Service, Malcom Randall Veterans Administration Medical Center, Gainesville, Florida, USA
Ann Card Anaesth 10:34-41. 2007This study examined milrinone effects on ischaemic myocardial metabolism and function with calcium blockade...
- A comparison of three phosphodiesterase type III inhibitors on mechanical and metabolic function in guinea pig isolated heartsYork A Zausig
Department of Anaesthesia, ZARI, University of Goettingen, Goettingen, Germany
Anesth Analg 102:1646-52. 2006..We found that, over a range from 10(-7) to 10(-4) M, amrinone, enoximone, and milrinone each produced maximal concentration-dependent positive chronotropic (12%, 18%, 26%), inotropic (16%, 26%, 26%), ..
- Metabolic effects of phosphodiesterase III inhibitors: another reason to promote their use?Vladislava Simkova
Sektion Anasthesiologische Pathophysiologie und Verfahrensentwicklung, Universitatsklinikum, Parkstrasse 11, D 89073 Ulm, Germany
Crit Care 11:139. 2007..Their effects on energy metabolism and visceral organ function are not well studied, however, particularly in comparison with their 'competitors' in daily practice (that is, catecholamines)...
- Classical inotropes and new cardiac enhancersJohn T Parissis
Heart Failure Unit, Attikon University Hospital, Athens, Greece
Heart Fail Rev 12:149-56. 2007..Classical inotropes, such as beta-agonists (dobutamine, dopamine) and phosphodiesterase inhibitors (milrinone), seem to improve clinical symptoms and hemodynamics of acutely decompensated chronic heat failure patients, but ..
- [Phosphodiesterase III inhibitor--characteristics, mechanisms of action, pharmacokinetics, indications, contraindications, clinical trials, and side effects]Naoki Sato
Intensive and Cardiac Care Unit, Nippon Medical School
Nihon Rinsho 65:43-8. 2007
- Optimizing outcomes in the patient with acute decompensated heart failureMandeep R Mehra
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD, USA
Am Heart J 151:571-9. 2006....
Research Grants101 found, 100 shown here
- MYOCARDIAL ENERGY METABOLISM IN THE DYSFUNCTIONAL LVJianyi Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2003..be produced by direct stimulation of adenylyl cyclase with forskolin or by inhibition of phosphodiesterase with milrinone in addition to catecholamine infusion...
- EFFECTS OF HORMONES ON BONE RESORPTION IN VITROPaula Stern; Fiscal Year: 1992..g. tamoxifen, cyclosporine, and milrinone) will be tested for their effects on the Ca/phosphatidylinositol pathway...
- Potentiation of Ang II-Induced Renal VasoconstrictionEdwin Jackson; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Decision Making in End-Stage Heart FailurePaul Hauptman; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies will form the conceptual framework for an intervention study designed to address, at physician and patient levels, the process of selection of care options for older heart failure patients near the end of life. ..
- Regulation of Renal Cortical Adenosine LevelsEdwin Jackson; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Regulation of Renal Cortical Adenosine LevelsEdwin Jackson; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Potentiation of Ang II Induced Renal VasoconstrictionEdwin Jackson; Fiscal Year: 2007..The testing of this hypothesis is the focus of this application. The proposed hypothesis is absolutely novel. The concept that DPP IV exists in the renal vasculature and regulates renal blood flow has never been proposed or tested. ..
- Regulation of Renal Cortical Adenosine LevelsEdwin K Jackson; Fiscal Year: 2010..It is conceivable that this project will provide information leading to safer and more effective drug-eluting stents. ..
- Potentiation of Ang II Induced Renal VasoconstrictionEdwin K Jackson; Fiscal Year: 2010..The testing of this hypothesis is the focus of this application. The proposed hypothesis is absolutely novel. The concept that DPP IV exists in the renal vasculature and regulates renal blood flow has never been proposed or tested. ..
- Regulation of Renal Cortical Adenosine LevelsEdwin Jackson; Fiscal Year: 2009..It is conceivable that this project will provide information leading to safer and more effective drug-eluting stents. ..
- CYCLIC AMP/ADENOSINE PATHWAYEdwin Jackson; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- PKC-EHN-PKD signal complex in cardiac remodelingMasahiko Hoshijima; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Regulation of Mammalian Oocyte MaturationStephen Downs; Fiscal Year: 2007..Furthermore, these studies will benefit the development of in vitro systems where either meiotic arrest or completion of meiotic maturation is the desired endpoint. ..
- REGULATION OF CGMP DEPENDENT PROTEIN KINASEJackie Corbin; Fiscal Year: 2002..Physiological regulation of PKG protein and mRNA levels will be explored. Results of these investigations will address major aspects of cGMP signaling through PKG. ..
- Improving Drug Development for the Critically Ill ChildAthena Zuppa; Fiscal Year: 2007..This intensive didactic and mentored training will allow for the development of a future independent pediatric clinical investigator. ..
- Ischemic Arrest, Cytokines, and Organ DysfunctionJames Niemann; Fiscal Year: 2007..In aim 3, the effect of anti-TNF therapy on long-term survival and neurologic outcome will be evaluated. ..
- Impact of Pharmacology on Duration of Ventilation in Patients with Resp FailureAthena F Zuppa; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Vascular tone & cAMP phosphodiesterase in angioplastyCarolyn Smith; Fiscal Year: 2002..Upregulation of specific PDEs represents an important response to injury that may serve as a therapeutic target in restenosis and hypertension ..
- Olfactory Circuits for Reproduction and RewardJames A Cherry; Fiscal Year: 2010..We propose to study this pathway in the mouse to determine how odors may be involved in regulating mate choice, sexual motivation and reward. ..
- ACTION-A CHF TRIAL INVESTIGATING OUTCOMES OF EXERCISEWilliam Abraham; Fiscal Year: 2005..The trial will take place over 5 years with an initial 6 months for planning, training, and implementation; 3 years of enrollment; 1 year of follow-up; and 6 months for close out, analysis, and presentation. ..
- Renin regulation by nitric oxideWILLIAM BEIERWALTES; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies should reveal the dual pathways by which NO can either inhibit or stimulate renin secretion. ..
- PDE3 Inhibitors: Selective Blockers of Oocyte MaturationJeffrey Jensen; Fiscal Year: 2007..This approach is expected to provide a foundation for future Phase 1 trials of PDE3 inhibitors in humans. ..
- University of Montreal Cardiac Surgery Clinical Investigation GroupLOUIS PERRAULT; Fiscal Year: 2007..End of Abstract) ..
- SEXUAL DIFFERENTIATION OF MOUSE VOMERONASAL FUNCTIONJames Cherry; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Olfactory Circuits for Reproduction and RewardJames A Cherry; Fiscal Year: 2011..We propose to study this pathway in the mouse to determine how odors may be involved in regulating mate choice, sexual motivation and reward. ..