Genomes and Genes
Summary: A positive inotropic cardiotonic agent with vasodilator properties. It inhibits cAMP phosphodiesterase activity in myocardium and vascular smooth muscle. Milrinone is a derivative of amrinone and has 20-30 times the ionotropic potency of amrinone.
Publications216 found, 100 shown here
- Intravenous milrinone in cardiac surgeryJerrold H Levy
Division of Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology and Critical Care, Emory University School of Medicine and Emory Healthcare, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 73:325-30. 2002Phosphodiesterase inhibitors including milrinone produce positive inotropic effects by slowing the hydrolysis of cyclic adenosine monophosphate in the myocardium. With a loading dose of 50 microg/kg followed by an infusion of 0...
- Milrinone for the treatment of cerebral vasospasm after subarachnoid hemorrhage: report of seven casesY Arakawa
Department of Neurosurgery, Kurashiki Central Hospital, Okayama, Japan
Neurosurgery 48:723-8; discussion 728-30. 2001..b>Milrinone is an inotropic drug that dilates vessels by phosphodiesterase inhibition in a mechanism similar to that of ..
- Milrinone therapy for enterovirus 71-induced pulmonary edema and/or neurogenic shock in children: a randomized controlled trialChia Yu Chi
National Institute of Infectious Diseases and Vaccinology, National Health Research Institutes, Miaoli County, Taiwan
Crit Care Med 41:1754-60. 2013..In a small pilot study, we found that milrinone reduced early mortality compared with historical controls...
- Milrinone and nitric oxide: combined effect on pulmonary artery pressures after cardiopulmonary bypass in childrenVadim Khazin
Department of Anesthesia, The Edith Wolfson Medical Center, Affiliated with Sackler School of Medicine, Holon, Israel
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 18:156-9. 2004To investigate the effect of milrinone combined with nitric oxide (NO) on the pulmonary artery pressures (PAP) after cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB), for repair of congenital heart defects (CHD) in children.
- Intra-arterial milrinone for reversible cerebral vasoconstriction syndromeManon Bouchard
Department of Neurological Sciences, CHA Enfant Jésus, Faculty of Medicine, Laval University, Quebec City, QC, Canada
Headache 49:142-5. 2009..Within hours of neurological deterioration, she was treated with intra-arterial milrinone, a phosphodiesterase inhibitor, which resulted in a rapid and sustained neurological improvement.
- Therapeutic efficacy of milrinone in the management of enterovirus 71-induced pulmonary edemaShih Min Wang
Department of Emergency Medicine, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University and Hospital, Tainan, Taiwan
Pediatr Pulmonol 39:219-23. 2005..This study was designed to evaluate the potential therapeutic effect of milrinone, a phosphodiesterase (PDE) inhibitor, in the treatment of patients with EV71-induced pulmonary edema...
- Levosimendan or milrinone in the type 2 diabetic patient with low ejection fraction undergoing elective coronary artery surgeryEmad Al-Shawaf
Department of Anesthesia, The Chest Diseases Hospital, Ministry of Health, Safat, Kuwait
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 20:353-7. 2006..in 2 groups of type 2 diabetic patients with depressed myocardial function who underwent elective surgery for coronary artery disease and who received levosimendan or milrinone for postcardiopulmonary bypass low-output syndrome.
- Milrinone enhances relaxation to prostacyclin and iloprost in pulmonary arteries isolated from lambs with persistent pulmonary hypertension of the newbornSatyan Lakshminrusimha
Department of Pediatrics, University of Buffalo, Buffalo, NY, USA
Pediatr Crit Care Med 10:106-12. 2009..Forskolin is a direct stimulant of AC. Phosphodiesterase 3 hydrolyzes cAMP and is inhibited by milrinone.
- Effects of milrinone on left ventricular end-systolic pressure-volume relationship of rat hearts in situT Kishi
Department of Physiology II, Nara Medical University, 840 Shijo-cho, Kashihara, Nara 634-8521, Japan
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 28:737-42. 2001..b>Milrinone is a non-glycosidic, non-sympathomimetic drug that increases myocardial cAMP concentrations by selective ..
- Effects of dopamine, dobutamine, amrinone and milrinone on regional blood flow in isoflurane anesthetized dogsDenji Tobata
Laboratory of Veterinary Surgery, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Japan
J Vet Med Sci 66:1097-105. 2004The effects of cyclic AMP increasing cardiotonics (dopamine, dobutamine, amrinone and milrinone) on the blood flow in most organs were compared using colored microsphere technique in isoflurane-anesthetized dogs...
- Short term effects of milrinone on biomarkers of necrosis, apoptosis, and inflammation in patients with severe heart failureDavid E Lanfear
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Michigan, USA
J Transl Med 7:67. 2009..Whether biomarkers of myocardial necrosis, inflammation and apoptosis change in response to acute milrinone administration is not well established.
- Effects of single administration of a phosphodiesterase III inhibitor during cardiopulmonary bypass: comparison of milrinone and amrinoneY Hamada
Department of Surgery II, Ehime University School of Medicine, Japan
Jpn Circ J 63:605-9. 1999..Ten patients (group M) were administered milrinone (50 microg/kg) after aortic declamping during CPB, 10 patients were administered amrinone (1 mg/kg) at the same ..
- Inhalation of the phosphodiesterase-3 inhibitor milrinone attenuates pulmonary hypertension in a rat model of congestive heart failureThomas Hentschel
Department of Anesthesiology, German Heart Institute Berlin, Institute of Physiology, Charite Universitaetsmedizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Germany
Anesthesiology 106:124-31. 2007..of a vasodilatory phosphodiesterase-3 inhibitor may reverse this potentially detrimental process, the authors studied the effects of inhaled or intravenous milrinone on pulmonary and systemic hemodynamics in a rat model of CHF.
- Levosimendan is superior to milrinone and dobutamine in selectively increasing microvascular gastric mucosal oxygenation in dogsLothar A Schwarte
Department of Anesthesiology, University Hospital of Dusseldorf, Germany
Crit Care Med 33:135-42; discussion 246-7. 2005..We compared systemic and regional effects of levosimendan with those of established inotropes, milrinone and dobutamine.
- Milrinone, dobutamine or epinephrine use in asphyxiated newborn pigs resuscitated with 100% oxygenChloe Joynt
Department of Pediatrics, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada
Intensive Care Med 36:1058-66. 2010..In a swine model of neonatal hypoxia-reoxygenation, effects of epinephrine, dobutamine and milrinone on systemic, pulmonary and regional hemodynamics and oxygen transport were compared.
- Low-dose β-blocker in combination with milrinone safely improves cardiac function and eliminates pulsus alternans in patients with acute decompensated heart failureShigeki Kobayashi
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine and Clinical Science, Yamaguchi University Graduate School of Medicine, Ube, Japan
Circ J 76:1646-53. 2012The purpose of this study was to determine whether a low-dose β-blocker, in combination with milrinone, improves cardiac function in acute decompensated heart failure (ADHF) with tachycardia.
- Efficacy and safety of milrinone in preventing low cardiac output syndrome in infants and children after corrective surgery for congenital heart diseaseTimothy M Hoffman
Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Circulation 107:996-1002. 2003..This study evaluated the efficacy and safety of prophylactic milrinone in pediatric patients at high risk for developing LCOS.
- Milrinone modulates endotoxemia, systemic inflammation, and subsequent acute phase response after cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB)T Mollhoff
Klinik und Poliklinik für Anästhesiologie und operative Intensivmedizin, Westfälische Westfälische Wilhelms Universität Münster, Germany
Anesthesiology 90:72-80. 1999..The authors evaluated the effects of milrinone on splanchnic oxygenation, systemic inflammation, and the subsequent acute-phase response in patients undergoing ..
- Milrinone and low cardiac output following cardiac surgery in infants: is there a direct myocardial effect?B Duggal
Paediatric Intensive Care Unit, Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Trust, Royal Brompton Hospital, Sydney Street, London SW3 6NP, UK
Pediatr Cardiol 26:642-5. 2005We assessed the effect of milrinone on myocardial function in pediatric patients with postoperative low cardiac output syndrome by index of myocardial performance in a prospective, open-label, nonrandomized, consecutive study...
- Pharmacokinetics and side effects of milrinone in infants and children after open heart surgeryC Ramamoorthy
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, USA
Anesth Analg 86:283-9. 1998We investigated the pharmacokinetics and side effects of milrinone in infants and children (< or = 13 yr) after open heart surgery in this prospective, open-label study...
- Milrinone efficiently potentiates insulin secretion induced by orally but not intravenously administered glucose in C57BL6J miceEva Degerman
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Biomedical Center, C11, 22184 Lund, Sweden
Eur J Pharmacol 498:319-23. 2004..of phosphodiesterase (PDE) 3 inhibition on plasma insulin and glucose levels, the selective PDE 3 inhibitor milrinone (0.25, 1.0, and 2...
- The effect of milrinone on platelet activation as determined by TEG platelet mappingMark C Wesley
Department of Anesthesia, Children s Hospital Boston and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Anesth Analg 108:1425-9. 2009b>Milrinone is a phosphodiesterase III inhibitor that increases intracellular cyclic adenosine monophosphate resulting in improved ventricular function and vasodilation...
- Administration of milrinone before ischemia, in the presence of beta-blockade, to treat metabolic impairment and myocardial stunning in pigsA Sidi
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL, USA
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 52:397-405. 2008..We examined effects of phosphodiesterase type III inhibition on regional myocardial metabolism and global left ventricular function, during ischemia, in the presence of beta-blockade...
- Anti-ischemic effects of inotropic agents in experimental right ventricular infarctionM Hein
Department of Anesthesiology, University Hospital of Aachen, Aachen, Germany
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 53:941-8. 2009..Therefore, we used a porcine model of RV ischemia and reperfusion (IR) injury to study the influence of milrinone, levosimendan and dobutamine on the extent and degree of myocardial injury.
- Nitric oxide and milrinone: combined effect on pulmonary circulation after Fontan-type procedure: a prospective, randomized studyJiming Cai
Department of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery, Shanghai Children s Medical Center, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine formerly Shanghai Second Medical University, Shanghai, China
Ann Thorac Surg 86:882-8; discussion 882-8. 2008..Inhalation of nitric oxide (iNO) and intravenous milrinone are two options capable of reducing pulmonary vascular resistance...
- Combined usage of inhaled and intravenous milrinone in pulmonary hypertension after heart valve surgeryMladen Carev
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Split University Hospital Center, Split, Croatia
Coll Antropol 34:1113-7. 2010..The usage of inhaled milrinone could be the possible therapeutic option...
- Effects of a new phosphodiesterase enzyme type V inhibitor (UK 343-664) versus milrinone in a porcine model of acute pulmonary hypertensionFelipe Urdaneta
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, Florida 32610 0254, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 78:1433-7. 2004..Perioperative pulmonary hypertension remains a clinical challenge. The phosphodiesterase enzyme type III inhibitor milrinone produces pulmonary vasodilation but lacks selectivity...
- Comparison of the effects of cilostazol and milrinone on cAMP-PDE activity, intracellular cAMP and calcium in the heartYasmin Shakur
Otsuka Maryland Research Institute, 9900 Medical Center Drive, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Cardiovasc Drugs Ther 16:417-27. 2002We investigated the basis for the difference in the cardiotonic effects of the PDE3 inhibitors cilostazol and milrinone in the rabbit heart...
- Intestinal hemodynamic effects of milrinone in asphyxiated newborn pigs after reoxygenation with 100% oxygen: a dose-response studyChloe Joynt
Department of Pediatrics, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Shock 31:292-9. 2009Neonatal asphyxia can result in poor perfusion, vasoconstriction, and decreased oxygen delivery in the intestine. Milrinone increases myocardial contractility and causes peripheral vasodilatation...
- Effect of milrinone on short-term outcome of patients with myocardial dysfunction undergoing coronary artery bypass graft: A randomized controlled trialMohammad Jebeli
Cardiac Surgery Department, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Shariati Hospital, Tehran, Iran
Cardiol J 17:73-8. 2010..In this study, we evaluate the effect of milrinone on patients with ventricular dysfunction undergoing coronary artery bypass graft (CABG).
- Heart protection by combination therapy with esmolol and milrinone at late-ischemia and early reperfusionMing He Huang
Department of Internal Medicine, Cardiology Division M HH, YW, VN, SR, BFU, KF, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX, USA
Cardiovasc Drugs Ther 25:223-32. 2011The present study determined whether late-ischemia/early reperfusion therapy with the β(1)-adrenergic receptor (AR) blocker esmolol and phosphodiesterase III inhibitor milrinone reduced left ventricular (LV) myocardial infarct size (IS).
- Milrinone facilitates resuscitation from cardiac arrest and attenuates postresuscitation myocardial dysfunctionJames T Niemann
Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Department of Emergency Medicine and the David Geffen UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, Calif, USA
Circulation 108:3031-5. 2003..The purpose of this study was to investigate the use of milrinone, a selective phosphodiesterase III inhibitor, as treatment for LV dysfunction after resuscitation.
- Milrinone combined with vasopressin improves cardiac index after cardiopulmonary resuscitation in a pig model of myocardial infarctionThomas Palmaers
Department of Anesthesiology, University Hospital Erlangen, Germany
Anesthesiology 106:100-6. 2007b>Milrinone used for acute cardiac insufficiency could be of interest during cardiopulmonary resuscitation because of its positive inotropic effects...
- Hemodynamic changes during off-pump coronary artery bypass anastomosis in patients with coexisting mitral regurgitation: improvement with milrinoneTakeshi Omae
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Kagoshima University, Sakuragaoka, Japan
Anesth Analg 101:2-8, table of contents. 2005..increased in patients with coexisting MR during off-pump coronary artery bypass (OPCAB) anastomosis, and that milrinone could ameliorate increases in MR that occur during OPCAB anastomosis...
- Intravenous milrinone in treatment of advanced congestive heart failureAly M Zewail
Departments of Transplantation and Heart Failure, Texas Heart Institute and St Luke s Episcopal Hospital, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Tex Heart Inst J 30:109-13. 2003Phosphodiesterase inhibitors such as milrinone can relieve symptoms and improve hemodynamics in patients with advanced congestive heart failure...
- Milrinone, a selective phosphodiesterase 3 inhibitor, stimulates lipolysis, endogenous glucose production, and insulin secretionPeter Cheung
Division of Endocrinology Diabetes Metabolism, Clinical Research Center, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19141, USA
Metabolism 52:1496-500. 2003In vivo effects of milrinone, a selective phosphodiesterase 3 (PDE-3) inhibitor, on plasma free fatty acids (FFA), glucose, and insulin levels were examined in alert rats...
- Levosimendan restores both systolic and diastolic cardiac performance in lipopolysaccharide-treated rabbits: comparison with dobutamine and milrinoneDamien Barraud
Equipe d Accueil 322, Universite, Paris, France
Crit Care Med 35:1376-82. 2007..Our study aimed to fully characterize both systolic and diastolic abnormalities of sepsis-associated heart failure and to identify treatment that would support full-cycle cardiac improvement...
- Randomized trial of milrinone versus placebo for prevention of low systemic blood flow in very preterm infantsMary Paradisis
Department of Neonatal Medicine, Royal North Shore Hospital, St Leonards, New South Wales, Australia
J Pediatr 154:189-95. 2009To assess the effectiveness of early prophylactic milrinone versus placebo for prevention of low systemic blood flow in high-risk preterm infants.
- Effect of milrinone on left ventricular relaxation and Ca(2+) uptake function of cardiac sarcoplasmic reticulumM Yano
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Yamaguchi University School of Medicine, Ube, Yamaguchi 755 8505, Japan
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 279:H1898-905. 2000b>Milrinone, a phosphodiesterase 3 (PDE3) inhibitor, is known to enhance left ventricular (LV) contractility by an inhibition of the breakdown of cAMP through the mechanism inhibiting PDE3...
- Effect of levosimendan and milrinone on regional myocardial ischemia/reperfusion-induced arrhythmias in dogsJulius Gy Papp
Department of Pharmacology and Pharmacotherapy, Albert Szent Gyorgyi Medical Center, University of Szeged, Szeged, Hungary
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol Ther 11:129-35. 2006..The effect of levosimendan, a calcium sensitizer, and milrinone, a phosphodiesterase inhibitor, on ventricular arrhythmias was compared in a model of acute regional myocardial ..
- Comparison of the hemodynamic effects of milrinone with dobutamine in patients after cardiac surgeryR O Feneck
Department of Anesthesia, St Thomas' Hospital, London, United Kingdom
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 15:306-15. 2001OBJECTIVE: To compare the hemodynamic effects, efficacy, and safety of intravenous milrinone (M), 50 microg/kg during 10 minutes followed by 0...
- Milrinone administered before ischemia or just after reperfusion, attenuates myocardial stunning in anesthetized swineTadasuke Use
Department of Anesthesiology, Nagasaki University School of Medicine, 1 7 1 Sakamoto, Nagasaki, Japan
Cardiovasc Drugs Ther 20:327-34. 2006We assessed the dose or timing effect of milrinone administered against myocardial stunning in 37 anesthetized open-chest swine.
- Hyperglycemia raises the threshold of levosimendan- but not milrinone-induced postconditioning in rat heartsShuhei Matsumoto
Department of Anesthesiology, Nagasaki University School of Medicine, Nagasaki, Japan
Cardiovasc Diabetol 11:4. 2012The authors examined whether milrinone and levosimendan could exert cardiac postconditioning effects in rats under normoglycemia and hyperglycemia, and whether the effects could be mediated by mitochondrial permeability transition pore (..
- Effects of milrinone versus epinephrine on left ventricular relaxation after cardiopulmonary bypass following myocardial revascularization: assessment by color m-mode and tissue DopplerEmilio B Lobato
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Florida College of Medicine and Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Gainesville, 32610, USA
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 19:334-9. 2005The purpose of this study was to evaluate the left ventricular lusitropic effects of epinephrine versus milrinone after cardiopulmonary bypass.
- Hemodynamic management and outcome of patients treated for cerebral vasospasm with intraarterial nicardipine and/or milrinoneUlrich Schmidt
Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Anesth Analg 110:895-902. 2010..Although endovascular treatment with intraarterial nicardipine and milrinone is an accepted clinical treatment strategy, there is little information either on hemodynamic management during ..
- Inotropes improve right heart function in patients undergoing aortic valve replacement for aortic stenosisAndrew D Maslow
Departments of Anesthesia and Surgery, Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, Rhode Island 02903, USA
Anesth Analg 98:891-902, table of contents. 2004..Thirty-four patients were prospectively randomized to one of three groups: epinephrine, milrinone, or placebo...
- Milrinone enhances systolic, but not diastolic function during coronary artery bypass grafting surgeryPierre Couture
Department of Anesthesiology, Montreal Heart Institute, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Can J Anaesth 54:509-22. 2007To evaluate the effect of milrinone on diastolic function during coronary artery bypass grafting surgery (CABG).
- Differential effects of amrinone and milrinone upon myocardial inflammatory signalingNikhil K Chanani
Department of Anesthesia, Children s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass 02115, USA
Circulation 106:I284-9. 2002..The mechanisms for these effects are unclear. We therefore examined the effects of 2 commonly used PDEIs, amrinone and milrinone, on cardiac cell inflammatory responses.
- Admission or changes in renal function during hospitalization for worsening heart failure predict postdischarge survival: results from the Outcomes of a Prospective Trial of Intravenous Milrinone for Exacerbations of Chronic Heart Failure (OPTIME-CHF)Liviu Klein
Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Circ Heart Fail 1:25-33. 2008..Less is known about the changes and relationships among these variables and the postdischarge survival rate...
- New milrinone analogues: in vitro study of structure-activity relationships for positive inotropic effect, antagonism towards endogenous adenosine, and inhibition of cardiac type III phosphodiesteraseM Floreani
Dipartimento di Farmacologia e Anestesiologia, Sezione di Farmacologia, Universita di Padova, 35131, Padova, Italy
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 367:109-18. 2003Two mechanisms are responsible for the positive inotropic effect of the cardiotonic drug milrinone, i.e., inhibition of type III cAMP phosphodiesterase (PDE III), and displacement of endogenous adenosine from A(1) inhibitory receptor...
- Greater vasopressin-induced vasoconstriction and inferior effects of nitrovasodilators and milrinone in the radial artery than in the internal thoracic arteryWei Wei
Providence Heart Institute, Albery Starr Academic Center, Department of Surgery, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 129:33-40. 2005..This study compared the vasopressin-induced contraction and the effects of milrinone, nitroglycerin, and nitroprusside in vasopressin-induced contraction between the human radial artery and the ..
- Inhaled milrinone attenuates experimental acute lung injuryMoritz Bueltmann
Department of Anesthesiology, German Heart Institute, Berlin, Germany
Intensive Care Med 35:171-8. 2009To test whether inhalation of the phosphodiesterase 3 inhibitor milrinone may attenuate experimental acute lung injury (ALI).
- Efficacy of pre-emptive milrinone in off-pump coronary artery bypass surgery: comparison between patients with a low and normal pre-graft cardiac indexY L Kwak
Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine and Anesthesia and Pain Research Institute, Yonsei Cardiovascular Research Institute, Yonsei University School of Medicine, 134 Shinchon dong, Seodaemun gu, Seoul 120 752, South Korea
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 26:687-93. 2004The effect of pre-emptive milrinone without bolus during off-pump coronary artery bypass surgery (OPCAB) was evaluated in two groups of patients with low and normal pre-graft cardiac index.
- Slow induction of milrinone after coronary artery bypass graftingT Shibata
Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, Second Department of Surgery, Osaka City University Medical School, 1-4-3 Asahi-machi, Abeno, Osaka 545-8585, Japan
Ann Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 7:23-7. 2001The aim of this study was to evaluate the hemodynamic effects of a slow induction of milrinone after open heart surgery...
- Suppressing apoptosis with milrinone simulating extracorporeal circulation: a pilot studyE Usta
Department of Thoracic, Cardiac and Vascular Surgery, Tubingen University Hospital, Tubingen, Germany
Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 58:285-90. 2010..In addition, the aim was to verify the anti-apoptotic properties of the phosphodiesterase 3 inhibitor milrinone.
- Milrinone use is associated with postoperative atrial fibrillation after cardiac surgeryGregory A Fleming
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Circulation 118:1619-25. 2008..Inotropic drugs are commonly used perioperatively to support ventricular function. This study tested the hypothesis that the use of inotropic drugs is associated with postoperative AF...
- Cardioprotective effect afforded by transient exposure to phosphodiesterase III inhibitors: the role of protein kinase A and p38 mitogen-activated protein kinaseS Sanada
Department of Internal Medicine and Therapeutics, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Japan
Circulation 104:705-10. 2001..Methods and Results-- Milrinone, olprinone (PDEIII-Is), or dibutyryl-cAMP (db-cAMP) was injected intravenously 30 minutes before 90-minute ..
- Milrinone improves diastolic function in coronary artery bypass surgery as assessed by acoustic quantification and peak filling rate: a prospective randomized studyBirger Axelsson
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery and Anesthesiology, Orebro University Hospital, Orebro, Sweden
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 24:244-9. 2010To compare the effects of a bolus dose of milrinone, 50 microg/kg, to placebo on diastolic function (active relaxation) in patients undergoing on-pump coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG).
- Predictors of inotrope use during separation from cardiopulmonary bypassKenneth H McKinlay
Division of Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology and Critical Care, Department of Anesthesiology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 18:404-8. 2004..Design: Retrospective study of consecutive patients undergoing coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery...
- A population pharmacokinetic analysis of milrinone in pediatric patients after cardiac surgeryJames M Bailey
Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
J Pharmacokinet Pharmacodyn 31:43-59. 2004The purpose of this study was to ascertain the optimal pharmacokinetic model for milrinone in pediatric patients after cardiac surgery when milrinone was administered as a slow loading dose followed by a constant-rate infusion...
- Effects of low-dose milrinone on weaning from cardiopulmonary bypass and after in patients with mitral stenosis and pulmonary hypertensionIlhan Oztekin
Anesthesiology Department, Siyami Ersek Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery Hospital, Haydarpasa, Istanbul, Turkey
Yakugaku Zasshi 127:375-83. 2007The phosphodiesterase inhibitor milrinone is usually preferred in patients with pulmonary hypertension and myocardial dysfunction after cardiopulmonary bypass...
- Haemodynamic effects of a milrinone infusion without a bolus in patients undergoing off-pump coronary artery bypass graft surgeryY L Kwak
Department of Anaesthesiology and Pain Medicine, Anaesthesia and Pain Research Institute, Yonsei University School of Medicine, 134 Shinchon dong, Seodaemun gu, Seoul 120 752, Korea
Anaesthesia 59:324-31. 2004The haemodynamic effects of a continuous infusion of milrinone without an initial bolus dose were evaluated in patients undergoing off-pump coronary artery bypass graft surgery. After internal mammary artery harvest, milrinone 0.5 microg...
- Effect of aerosolized milrinone during drug-induced pulmonary hypertension in lambsJavier Gelvez
Division of Critical Care Medicine, Miami Children s Hospital, 3100 SW 62nd Avenue, Miami, FL 33156 3009, USA
Pharmacol Res 50:87-91. 2004We tested whether aerosolized milrinone in lambs selectively reduces drug-induced acute pulmonary hypertension without reducing the mean systemic blood pressure (MSBP)...
- The effect of milrinone on the right ventricular function in patients with reduced right ventricular function undergoing off-pump coronary artery bypass graft surgeryJong Hwa Lee
Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, College of Medicine, Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 21:854-8. 2006This investigation evaluated the effect of continuous milrinone infusion on right ventricular (RV) function during off-pump coronary artery bypass graft (OPCAB) surgery in patients with reduced RV function...
- Mechanisms of a reduced cardiac output and the effects of milrinone and levosimendan in a model of infant cardiopulmonary bypassChristian F Stocker
Departments of Intensive Care, The Royal Children s Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
Crit Care Med 35:252-9. 2007..The objectives of our study were to define the early precipitants of the reduced cardiac output and to investigate the effects on these of milrinone and levosimendan in a model of pediatric cardiopulmonary bypass.
- Development of decompensated dilated cardiomyopathy is associated with decreased gene expression and activity of the milrinone-sensitive cAMP phosphodiesterase PDE3AC J Smith
Department of Pathology, New York Medical College, Valhalla 10595, USA
Circulation 96:3116-23. 1997..Little is known about relative changes in PDE3 activity or gene expression during the evolution of cardiomyopathy...
- Milrinone improves oxygenation in neonates with severe persistent pulmonary hypertension of the newbornPatrick J McNamara
Division of Neonatology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Toronto, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 1X8
J Crit Care 21:217-22. 2006..b>Milrinone is a promising adjunctive therapy because of its pulmonary vasodilator properties and cardiotropic effects.
- Preliminary experience with inhaled milrinone in cardiac surgeryYoan Lamarche
Research Center, Montreal Heart Institute and Universite de Montreal, 5000 Belanger Street, Montreal, Quebec H, Canada
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 31:1081-7. 2007Inhaled administration of milrinone reduces pulmonary artery pressure. Pulmonary hypertension (PH) and right heart failure are associated with difficult separation from cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB)...
- Population pharmacokinetics and dosing regimen design of milrinone in preterm infantsMary Paradisis
Department of Newborn Care, RPA Women and Babies Hospital, Camperdown, NSW, Australia
Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed 92:F204-9. 2007To define the pharmacokinetics of milrinone in very preterm infants and determine an optimal dose regimen to prevent low systemic blood flow in the first 12 h after birth.
- Effects of milrinone for right ventricular failure after left ventricular assist device implantationShin ichiro Kihara
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Heart Institute of Japan, Tokyo Women s Medical University
Heart Vessels 16:69-71. 2002..with right ventricular failure after left ventricular assist device implantation successfully treated with milrinone. Both had residual pulmonary hypertension due to high pulmonary vascular resistance after left ventricular ..
- The efficacy of preemptive Milrinone or Amrinone therapy in patients undergoing coronary artery bypass graftingMutsuhito Kikura
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Hamamatsu, Japan
Anesth Analg 94:22-30, table of contents. 2002..We hypothesized that milrinone or amrinone may reduce their occurrence and catecholamine requirements and increase cellular enzyme levels in ..
- Comparison of milrinone versus nitroglycerin, alone and in combination, on grafted internal mammary artery flow after cardiopulmonary bypass: effects of alpha-adrenergic stimulationE B Lobato
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Florida College of Medicine, PO Box 100254, Gainesville, FL 32610 0254, USA
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 15:723-7. 2001To compare changes in blood flow in a grafted internal mammary artery (IMA) after cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB) in response to the administration of milrinone or nitroglycerin and to establish the effects of alpha-adrenergic stimulation.
- Milrinone versus dobutamine in heart failure subjects treated chronically with carvedilolB D Lowes
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado, CO 80262, USA
Int J Cardiol 81:141-9. 2001To compare the efficacy of milrinone and dobutamine in patients chronically treated with carvedilol.
- The additive pulmonary vasodilatory effects of inhaled prostacyclin and inhaled milrinone in postcardiac surgical patients with pulmonary hypertensionA Haraldsson s
Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, , Sweden
Anesth Analg 93:1439-45, table of contents. 2001..We hypothesized that milrinone, an adenosine-3',5'-cyclic monophosphate (cAMP)-selective phosphodiesterase enzyme (PDE) inhibitor may, when ..
- Comparison of inhaled and intravenous milrinone in patients with pulmonary hypertension undergoing mitral valve surgeryHongmei Wang
Department of Anesthesiology, Second Affiliated Hospital, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
Adv Ther 26:462-8. 2009..The aim of this study was to investigate the postoperative hemodynamic effects of milrinone inhalation, and determine whether it has a selective effect of pulmonary vasodilation in patients with pulmonary ..
- Prognosis on chronic dobutamine or milrinone infusions for stage D heart failureEiran Z Gorodeski
Section of Heart Failure and Cardiac Transplant Medicine, Kaufman Center for Heart Failure, Heart and Vascular Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Circ Heart Fail 2:320-4. 2009There are no published clinical trials comparing dobutamine with milrinone in outpatients with stage D heart failure on continuous inotropes.
- A multicenter, randomized, blind comparison of amrinone with milrinone after elective cardiac surgeryJ P Rathmell
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington 05401, USA
Anesth Analg 86:683-90. 1998Amrinone and milrinone are phosphodiesterase inhibitors with positive inotropic effects useful for the treatment of ventricular dysfunction after cardiac surgery...
- Selective pulmonary vasodilation with inhaled aerosolized milrinone in heart transplant candidatesArmin Sablotzki
Clinic of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Martin Luther University of Halle Wittenberg, Halle, Germany
Can J Anaesth 52:1076-82. 2005..A pilot study was under-taken to test the hypothesis that inhaled aerosolized milrinone may cause selective pulmonary vasodilation.
- Increased systemic inflammation and oxidative stress in patients with worsening congestive heart failure: improvement after short-term inotropic supportMichel White
Department of Medicine, Montreal Heart Institute, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, H1T 1C8
Clin Sci (Lond) 110:483-9. 2006..C-reactive protein) were measured by ELISA and colorimetric assays at admission and 30 days following 72-h milrinone (n=15) or dobutamine (n=14) infusion...
- Comparative hemodynamic effects of vasopressin and norepinephrine after milrinone-induced hypotension in off-pump coronary artery bypass surgical patientsYunseok Jeon
Department of Anesthesiology, Seoul National University Hospital, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 29:952-6. 2006..We hypothesized that vasopressin could recover hypotension induced by milrinone with less effect on pulmonary vascular resistance (PVR) compared to norepinephrine.
- The metabolic and renal effects of adrenaline and milrinone in patients with myocardial dysfunction after coronary artery bypass graftingMatthias Heringlake
Department of Anesthesiology, Universitat zu Lubeck, D 23538 Lubeck, Germany
Crit Care 11:R51. 2007..This prospective, randomized pilot study analyzes the metabolic and renal effects of the inotropes adrenaline and milrinone in patients needing inotropic support after coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG).
- Lower serum sodium is associated with increased short-term mortality in hospitalized patients with worsening heart failure: results from the Outcomes of a Prospective Trial of Intravenous Milrinone for Exacerbations of Chronic Heart Failure (OPTIME-CHF) sLiviu Klein
Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Ill 60611, USA
Circulation 111:2454-60. 2005..The prognostic value of serum sodium in patients hospitalized for worsening heart failure has not been well defined...
- Heart failure etiology and response to milrinone in decompensated heart failure: results from the OPTIME-CHF studyG Michael Felker
Clinical Research Institute, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 41:997-1003. 2003The goal of this study was to assess the interaction between heart failure (HF) etiology and response to milrinone in decompensated HF.
- Nebulized milrinone use in a pulmonary hypertensive crisisMitchell S Buckley
Department of Pharmacy, St Joseph s Hospital and Medical Center, Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Pharmacotherapy 27:1763-6. 2007..b>Milrinone, a phosphodiesterase inhibitor, remains a therapeutic option...
- Inhaled but not intravenous milrinone prevents pulmonary endothelial dysfunction after cardiopulmonary bypassY Lamarche
Research Center, and Department of Surgery, Montreal Heart Institute, 5000 Belanger Street East, Montreal, Quebec H1T 1C8, Canada
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 130:83-92. 2005..b>Milrinone is a type III phosphodiesterase inhibitor...
- Combined milrinone and enteral metoprolol therapy in patients with septic myocardial depressionChristian A Schmittinger
Department of Anaesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Innsbruck Medical University, Anichstrasse 35, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Crit Care 12:R99. 2008..The multifactorial etiology of septic cardiomyopathy is not fully elucidated. Recently, high catecholamine levels have been suggested to contribute to impaired myocardial function...
- Short-term intravenous milrinone for acute exacerbation of chronic heart failure: a randomized controlled trialMichael S Cuffe
Northwestern University Medical School, Division of Cardiology, 201 E Huron St, Galter 10 240, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
JAMA 287:1541-7. 2002..Although intravenous inotropic therapy usually produces beneficial hemodynamic effects and is labeled for use in the care of such patients, the effect of such therapy on intermediate-term clinical outcomes is uncertain...
- Effect of vasodilation by milrinone, a phosphodiesterase III inhibitor, on vasospastic arteries after a subarachnoid hemorrhage in vitro and in vivo: effectiveness of cisternal injection of milrinoneMitsuhisa Nishiguchi
Department of Neurological Surgery, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2 5 1 Shikata cho, Okayama, Japan
Neurosurgery 66:158-64; discussion 164. 2010Cerebral vasospasm remains a major cause of morbidity and mortality. Milrinone, a bipyridine phosphodiesterase III inhibitor, is a potent member of the inodilator class of cardiac agents for vasospasm and is injected intra-arterially or ..
- Rapid assessment and safe management of severe pulmonary hypertension with milrinone during orthotopic liver transplantationKyota Fukazawa
Division of Solid Organ Transplantation, Department of Anesthesiology, Preoperative Medicine and Pain Management, University of Miami Leonard M Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Clin Transplant 24:515-9. 2010..We quickly determined the reversibility of PPHN with a bolus of milrinone and proceeded with OLT...
- Use of combination therapy with a beta-blocker and milrinone in patients with advanced heart failureDouglas L Jennings
Department of Pharmacy, Henry Ford Hospital, 2799 W Grand Blvd, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Ann Pharmacother 43:1872-6. 2009To review the literature evaluating the clinical effects of combination therapy with a beta-blocker and milrinone in patients with severe heart failure (HF).
- Milrinone for persistent pulmonary hypertension of the newbornDirk Bassler
Department of Neonatology, University Children s Hospital, Tuebingen, Germany
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 11:CD007802. 2010..However, iNO is not available in all countries and not all infants will respond to iNO. Milrinone is a phosphodiesterase III inhibitor which induces pulmonary vasodilatation by its actions through a cyclic ..
- Effects of milrinone and butyrolactone-I on porcine oocyte meiotic progression and developmental competenceChristopher G Grupen
Research Centre for Reproductive Health, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, The University of Adelaide, The Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Woodville Road, Woodville, SA 5011, Australia
Reprod Fertil Dev 18:309-17. 2006..With the aim of improving this coordination, the effects of milrinone, an inhibitor of type 3 phosphodiesterases, and butyrolactone-I, a selective inhibitor of cdc2 kinases, on ..
- Potential greater than additive vasorelaxant actions of milrinone and nitroglycerin on human conduit arteriesG W He
Albert Starr Academic Center for Cardiac Surgery, St Vincent Hospital and Medical Center, Portland, Oregon, USA
Br J Clin Pharmacol 41:101-7. 1996..The purpose of this study was to test the hypothesis that the phosphodiesterase III inhibitor milrinone and nitroglycerin (NTG) may have greater than additive effects in human arteries. 2...
- Effects of levosimendan and milrinone on oxygen consumption in isolated guinea-pig heartPetri Kaheinen
Orion Pharma, Espoo, Finland
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 43:555-61. 2004..a novel calcium sensitizer that increases contraction force without change in intracellular calcium ([Ca2+]i); milrinone is a phosphodiesterase inhibitor that exerts a positive inotropic effect by increasing [Ca2+]i...
- Milrinone increases middle cerebral artery blood flow velocity after cardiopulmonary bypassCheri A Sulek
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Florida College of Medicine, and Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 16:64-9. 2002To evaluate the effects of milrinone on middle cerebral artery blood flow velocity (Vmca) and pulsatility index (PI) during normocapnia and hyperventilation in adults after cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB).
- Dose-response effects of milrinone on hemodynamics of newborn pigs with hypoxia-reoxygenationChloe Joynt
Department of Pediatrics, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada
Intensive Care Med 34:1321-9. 2008Neonatal asphyxia causes cardiogenic shock and pulmonary hypertension with decreased brain perfusion. We examined the dose-response of milrinone on systemic, pulmonary, and carotid circulations in a model of neonatal hypoxia-reoxygenation.
- Arterial baroreflex sensitivity is a good predictor of inotropic responses to a phosphodiesterase inhibitor in human heart failureNaoki Sato
Intensive and Cardiac Care Unit, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan
Clin Cardiol 29:263-7. 2006..However, whether arterial baroreflex function is related to the inotropic responsiveness to a PDEI has not been clarified in human heart failure (HF)...
- [Phosphodiesterase III inhibitor--characteristics, mechanisms of action, pharmacokinetics, indications, contraindications, clinical trials, and side effects]Naoki Sato
Intensive and Cardiac Care Unit, Nippon Medical School
Nihon Rinsho 65:43-8. 2007
- Metabolic effects of phosphodiesterase III inhibitors: another reason to promote their use?Vladislava Simkova
Sektion Anasthesiologische Pathophysiologie und Verfahrensentwicklung, Universitatsklinikum, Parkstrasse 11, D 89073 Ulm, Germany
Crit Care 11:139. 2007..Their effects on energy metabolism and visceral organ function are not well studied, however, particularly in comparison with their 'competitors' in daily practice (that is, catecholamines)...
- Optimizing outcomes in the patient with acute decompensated heart failureMandeep R Mehra
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD, USA
Am Heart J 151:571-9. 2006....
- Comparative effects of levosimendan, OR-1896, OR-1855, dobutamine, and milrinone on vascular resistance, indexes of cardiac function, and O2 consumption in dogsPatricia N Banfor
Department of Integrative Pharmacology R46R, Global Pharmaceutical Research and Development, Abbott Laboratories, 100 Abbott Park Rd, Abbott Park, IL 60064 6119, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 294:H238-48. 2008..Results were compared with those of the beta(1)-agonist dobutamine and the phosphodiesterase 3 inhibitor milrinone. Peak concentrations of levosimendan, OR-1896, and OR-1855 were 455 +/- 21, 126 +/- 6, and 136 +/- 6 ng/ml, ..
- MYOCARDIAL ENERGY METABOLISM IN THE DYSFUNCTIONAL LVJianyi Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2003..be produced by direct stimulation of adenylyl cyclase with forskolin or by inhibition of phosphodiesterase with milrinone in addition to catecholamine infusion...
- ACUTE BRAIN INJURY AFTER SUBARACHNOID HEMORRHAGEJoshua Bederson; Fiscal Year: 2001..c-AMP phosphodiesterase (PDE) inhibitor papaverine hydrochloride or the type III cAMP-specific PDE inhibitor Milrinone, and for alpha adrenergic blockade the selective alpha 1 antagonist Benextramine...
- PHARMACOLOGY OF DEVELOPING CARDIAC TISSUESAchilles Pappano; Fiscal Year: 2000..The applicant will determine whether selective blockers of cGMP-inhibited PDE, milrinone, interfere with the stimulatory effect of muscarinic agonists...
- Regulation of Mammalian Oocyte MaturationStephen Downs; Fiscal Year: 2007..Furthermore, these studies will benefit the development of in vitro systems where either meiotic arrest or completion of meiotic maturation is the desired endpoint. ..
- Decision Making in End-Stage Heart FailurePaul Hauptman; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CYCLIC AMP/ADENOSINE PATHWAYEdwin Jackson; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Engineering a CFTR Deficient Porcine Model of CFSCOTT O GRADY; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Molecular Control of cGMP Signaling by PKGs and PDEsJackie Corbin; Fiscal Year: 2007..A thorough physical and biochemical characterization of PDE11 will be carded out, and the likelihood of regulation of this enzyme by ligand binding to its GAF domains or by enzyme phosphorylation will be explored. ..
- Molecular Mechanisms of PDE5 RegulationJackie Corbin; Fiscal Year: 2005..Results of these studies will provide a basis for understanding fundamental questions relating to cGMP signaling in many tissues. ..
- PKC-EHN-PKD signal complex in cardiac remodelingMasahiko Hoshijima; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- PDE3 Inhibitors: Selective Blockers of Oocyte MaturationJeffrey Jensen; Fiscal Year: 2007..This approach is expected to provide a foundation for future Phase 1 trials of PDE3 inhibitors in humans. ..
- Renin regulation by nitric oxideWILLIAM BEIERWALTES; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies should reveal the dual pathways by which NO can either inhibit or stimulate renin secretion. ..
- SEXUAL DIFFERENTIATION OF MOUSE VOMERONASAL FUNCTIONJames Cherry; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- ACTION-A CHF TRIAL INVESTIGATING OUTCOMES OF EXERCISEWilliam Abraham; Fiscal Year: 2005..The trial will take place over 5 years with an initial 6 months for planning, training, and implementation; 3 years of enrollment; 1 year of follow-up; and 6 months for close out, analysis, and presentation. ..
- Ischemic Arrest, Cytokines, and Organ DysfunctionJames Niemann; Fiscal Year: 2008..In aim 3, the effect of anti-TNF therapy on long-term survival and neurologic outcome will be evaluated. [unreadable] [unreadable]..