Genomes and Genes
Summary: A centrally acting antihypertensive agent. The drug lowers both systolic and diastolic blood pressure by activating the central nervous system alpha-2 adrenoreceptors, which results in reduced sympathetic outflow leading to reduced vascular tone. Its adverse reactions include dry mouth, sedation, and constipation.
Publications138 found, 100 shown here
- The safety of non-stimulant agents for the treatment of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorderSunke Himpel
University of Goettingen, Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, von-Siebold-Str. 5, 37075 Goettingen, Germany
Expert Opin Drug Saf 4:311-21. 2005..This review focuses on the tolerability, occurrence of adverse events, precautions required to prevent severe adverse events, and essential pharmacological interaction in the treatment of ADHD symptoms by non-stimulants...
- alpha2-Adrenergic receptor agonists for the treatment of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: emerging concepts from new dataAMY F ARNSTEN
Director of Graduate Studies, Deparment of Neurobiology, Yale Medical School, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8001, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 17:393-406. 2007..The following provides a brief review of this field, explaining how compounds like guanfacine and the traditional stimulant medications can reduce the core symptoms of ADHD by optimizing the neurochemical ..
- Selective depletion of cortical noradrenaline by anti-dopamine beta-hydroxylase-saporin impairs attentional function and enhances the effects of guanfacine in the ratJean A Milstein
Department of Experimental Psychology, University of Cambridge Behavioural and Clinical Neuroscience Institute, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 190:51-63. 2007..This study employed a novel immunotoxin, anti-dopamine-beta hydroylase (DbetaH)-saporin, to make relatively selective lesions of the noradrenergic projections to the prefrontal cortex (PFC) in rats trained to perform the 5CSRT...
- Guanfacine extended release in children and adolescents with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: a placebo-controlled trialFloyd R Sallee
Department of Psychiatry, University of Cincinnati, 231 Albert Sabin Way, ML 0559, Cincinnati, OH 45267, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 48:155-65. 2009This study compared the efficacy of guanfacine extended release (GXR), a selective alpha(2A)-adrenoceptor agonist, with placebo in children and adolescents with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
- Neuropsychiatric effects of guanfacine in children with mild tourette syndrome: a pilot studyDana D Cummings
Department of Neurology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Clin Neuropharmacol 25:325-32. 2002The objective of this study was to evaluate the neuropsychiatric effects of the alpha-2a adrenergic agonist guanfacine in children with Tourette syndrome (TS)...
- Guanfacine treatment of cognitive impairment in schizophreniaJ I Friedman
Department of Psychiatry, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 25:402-9. 2001..b>Guanfacine has demonstrated efficacy in reversing working memory deficits in non-human primate...
- Syncope in children with Tourette's syndrome treated with guanfacineAllison King
Department of Neurology, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York 14620, USA
Mov Disord 21:419-20. 2006We report on 4 children who experienced a syncopal episode while being treated with guanfacine without any other evident cause...
- Effects of extended-release guanfacine on ADHD symptoms and sedation-related adverse events in children with ADHDStephen V Faraone
SUNY Upstate Medical University, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, 750 East AdamsStreet, Syracuse, NY, USA
J Atten Disord 13:532-8. 2010b>Guanfacine extended release (GXR) is a selective alpha(2A)-adrenoceptor agonist that is shown to be an effective nonstimulant treatment for the symptoms of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder...
- Long-term safety and efficacy of guanfacine extended release in children and adolescents with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderFloyd R Sallee
Department of Psychiatry, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45219, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 19:215-26. 2009Short-term, controlled studies of extended-release guanfacine (GXR), a selective alpha(2A)-adrenoreceptor agonist, demonstrate efficacy in treating attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) symptoms as monotherapy...
- Guanfacine and secondary mania in childrenJ P Horrigan
Division of Child Psychiatry, UNC Hospitals, Chapel Hill 27599 7160, USA
J Affect Disord 54:309-14. 1999b>Guanfacine hydrochloride is an alpha-2 adrenergic agonist, which has gained recent attention in the field of child and adolescent psychiatry...
- Long-term, open-label extension study of guanfacine extended release in children and adolescents with ADHDJ Biederman
Clinical and Research Programs, Pediatric Psychopharmacology and Adult ADHD, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
CNS Spectr 13:1047-55. 2008b>Guanfacine is a noradrenergic agonist that is believed to improve symptoms of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) through selective actions at alpha2A-adrenoceptors in the prefrontal cortex...
- Safety and effectiveness of coadministration of guanfacine extended release and psychostimulants in children and adolescents with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderThomas J Spencer
Clinical and Research Program, Pediatric Psychopharmacology, Harvard Medical School and Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 19:501-10. 2009The aim of this study was to evaluate the safety and effectiveness of guanfacine extended release (GXR) administered concomitantly with psychostimulants in children and adolescents with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and ..
- Possible influence of variant of the P-glycoprotein gene (MDR1/ABCB1) on clinical response to guanfacine in children with pervasive developmental disorders and hyperactivityJames T McCracken
Research Units on Pediatric Psychopharmacology Autism Network, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90024 1759, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 20:1-5. 2010b>Guanfacine has been shown to reduce hyperactive behaviors in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and possibly in children with pervasive developmental disorder (PDD) and hyperactivity...
- Pharmacokinetics of a guanfacine extended-release formulation in children and adolescents with attention-deficit-hyperactivity disorderSamuel W Boellner
Clinical Study Centers, Little Rock, Arkansas, USA
Pharmacotherapy 27:1253-62. 2007To evaluate the single- and multiple-dose pharmacokinetics of an oral extended-release formulation of guanfacine in children and adolescents with a diagnosis of attention-deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
- Noradrenergic modulation of space exploration in visual neglectParesh A Malhotra
Division of Neuroscience, Imperial College London, Charing Cross Hospital, London W6 8RF, UK
Ann Neurol 59:186-90. 2006..Visual neglect after stroke is often associated with a failure to explore contralesional space. Here, we show that guanfacine, a noradrenergic agonist that modulates dorsolateral prefrontal cortex, improves leftward space exploration in ..
- A phase I, randomized, open-label, crossover study of the single-dose pharmacokinetic properties of guanfacine extended-release 1-, 2-, and 4-mg tablets in healthy adultsDennis Swearingen
MDS Pharma Services, Phoenix, Arizona 85044, USA
Clin Ther 29:617-25. 2007b>Guanfacine is an alpha(2)-adrenoreceptor agonist used to treat children and adults with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder. An extended-release formulation of guanfacine is currently under development.
- Lack of effects of guanfacine on executive and memory functions in healthy male volunteersUlrich Muller
Department of Experimental Psychology, University of Cambridge, Downing Street, Cambridge, CB2 3EB, UK
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 182:205-13. 2005b>Guanfacine is an alpha2-adrenergic receptor agonist that has been shown to have beneficial effects on working memory and attentional functions in monkeys and in patients with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
- Mutation of the alpha2A-adrenoceptor impairs working memory performance and annuls cognitive enhancement by guanfacineJenna S Franowicz
Department of Neurobiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
J Neurosci 22:8771-7. 2002..The alpha2-AR agonist guanfacine enhances prefrontal cortical functions in rats, monkeys, and human beings and ameliorates prefrontal cortical ..
- Phase I, double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled, dose-escalation study of the effects on blood pressure of abrupt cessation versus taper down of guanfacine extended-release tablets in adults aged 19 to 24 yearsJames C Kisicki
MDS Pharma Services, Lincoln, Nebraska 68502, USA
Clin Ther 29:1967-79. 2007b>Guanfacine hydrochloride is an alpha(2a)-adrenoreceptor agonist found to be effective in the treatment of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)...
- Neurobiology of executive functions: catecholamine influences on prefrontal cortical functionsAmy F T Arnsten
Department of Neurobiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
Biol Psychiatry 57:1377-84. 2005..Most effective treatments for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder facilitate catecholamine transmission and likely have their therapeutic actions by optimizing catecholamine actions in prefrontal cortex...
- A placebo-controlled study of guanfacine in the treatment of children with tic disorders and attention deficit hyperactivity disorderL Scahill
Yale Child Study Center, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Am J Psychiatry 158:1067-74. 2001This study evaluated the efficacy and safety of guanfacine in treating children with tic disorders and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
- The effects of an alpha-2 adrenergic agonist, guanfacine, on rCBF in human cortex in normal controls and subjects with focal epilepsyB E Swartz
University of California Los Angeles, Neurology Department, CA, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 23:263-75. 2000..We have undertaken this study to determine the effect of an alpha-2 agonist, guanfacine, on regional cerebral blood flow (rCBF) in humans...
- Guanfacine produces differential effects in frontal cortex compared with striatum: assessed by phMRI BOLD contrastNeil Easton
School of Biomedical Sciences, Medical School, Institute of Neuroscience, University of Nottingham, Queens Medical Centre, Nottingham, NG7 2UH, UK
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 189:369-85. 2006b>Guanfacine (an alpha-(2A) adrenoreceptor agonist) is a drug of benefit in the treatment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) (Taylor FB, Russo J, J Clin Psychopharmacol 21:223-228, 2001)...
- Comparing guanfacine and dextroamphetamine for the treatment of adult attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderF B Taylor
Rainier Associates, Tacoma, Washington 98467, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 21:223-8. 2001The objective of this study was to compare the efficacy of the alpha-2a agonist guanfacine with that of dextroamphetamine for the treatment of adult attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)...
- An open-label, prospective study of guanfacine in children with ADHD and tic disordersVitharon Boon-Yasidhi
Division of Child Psychiatry, Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, Siriraj Hospital, Bangkok, Thailand
J Med Assoc Thai 88:S156-62. 2005To evaluate the efficacy and safety of guanfacine in children with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and tic disorders.
- Noradrenergic alpha-2 receptor agonists reverse working memory deficits induced by the anxiogenic drug, FG7142, in ratsS G Birnbaum
Section of Neurobiology, Yale University School of Medicine, P O Box 208001, New Haven, CT 06520 8001, USA
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 67:397-403. 2000..memory deficits by comparing the efficacy of clonidine with the more selective alpha-2A adrenoceptor agonist, guanfacine. The anxiogenic drug, FG7142 (0, 10, 20, or 30 mg/kg), dose-dependently impaired delayed alternation performance...
- A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of guanfacine extended release in children and adolescents with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderJoseph Biederman
Pediatric Psychopharmacology Department, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Pediatrics 121:e73-84. 2008With this study we assessed the efficacy and safety of an extended-release formulation of guanfacine compared with placebo for the treatment of children and adolescents with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder.
- Guanfacine treatment of hyperactivity and inattention in pervasive developmental disorders: a retrospective analysis of 80 casesDavid J Posey
Department of Psychiatry, Indiana University School of Medicine, Riley Hospital for Children, 702 Barnhill Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46202 5200, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 14:233-41. 2004..this study was to retrospectively review a large sample of children and adolescents with pervasive developmental disorders (PDDs) treated with open-label guanfacine in order to gather preliminary data as to its effectiveness and safety.
- A prospective open trial of guanfacine in children with pervasive developmental disordersLawrence Scahill
Yale Child Study Center, P O Box 207900, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 16:589-98. 2006A common complaint for children with pervasive developmental disorder (PDD) is hyperactivity. The purpose of this pilot study was to gather preliminary information on the efficacy of guanfacine in children with PDD and hyperactivity.
- The alpha(2A)-adrenergic agonist guanfacine improves visuomotor associative learning in monkeysMin Wang
Laboratory of Higher Brain Functions, Institute of Neurobiology, Fudan University, Shanghai 200433, The People's Republic of China
Neuropsychopharmacology 29:86-92. 2004..Systemically administered guanfacine, a selective alpha(2A)-adrenergic agonist, improved the monkeys' learning ability: trials and errors to the ..
- Noradrenergic alpha-2 agonists have anxiolytic-like actions on stress-related behavior and mesoprefrontal dopamine biochemistryBret A Morrow
Laboratory of Neuropsychopharmacology, Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, 333 Cedar St, New Haven, CT 06520-8066, USA
Brain Res 1027:173-8. 2004..Here, we test this hypothesis using clonidine or guanfacine (GFC), another alpha-2 agonist, in a model of aversive conditioning that selectively activates the ..
- Centrally acting antihypertensive agents: an updateDomenic A Sica
Division of Nephrology, Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298 0160, USA
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 9:399-405. 2007..Escalating doses of drugs in this class often give rise to salt and water retention, in which case diuretic therapy becomes a valuable adjunctive therapy...
- Mania induction associated with atomoxetineTheodore A Henderson
J Clin Psychopharmacol 24:567-8. 2004
- No improvement of posttraumatic stress disorder symptoms with guanfacine treatmentThomas C Neylan
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Am J Psychiatry 163:2186-8. 2006The authors report an 8-week, double-blind, randomized controlled trial of guanfacine versus placebo for posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- [Centrally-acting antihypertensive drugs]Shuichi Takishita
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Nephrology and Neurology, University of Ryukyus School of Medicine
Nippon Rinsho 62:591-5. 2004
- Pharmacological management of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorderGloria Reeves
University of Maryland School of Medicine, Division of Child Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry, 701 W. Pratt St, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 5:1313-20. 2004..The authors conclude that there is a need for additional direct comparisons between the longer-acting agents to effectively guide the practicing clinician...
- Methylphenidate an effective treatment for ADHD?Christopher J McDougle
J Autism Dev Disord 34:593-4. 2004
- Impaired visuospatial divided attention in the spontaneously hypertensive ratJ David Jentsch
Department of Psychology and the Brain Research Institute, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, UCLA, P O Box 951563, Los Angeles, California 90095 1563, USA
Behav Brain Res 157:323-30. 2005..The alpha-2 agonist guanfacine, which is used clinically to treat symptoms of AD/HD, was without effect on the performance of either SHR or ..
- Mechanism of action of agents used in attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderTimothy E Wilens
Pediatric Psychopharmacology Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 67:32-8. 2006..Elucidating the various mechanisms of action of ADHD medications may lead to better choices in matching potential response to the characteristics (e.g., genotype) of individuals...
- Relative contribution of intracellular and extracellular Ca2+ to alpha2-adrenoceptor-mediated contractions of ovine pulmonary arteryK Sathishkumar
Division of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Izatnagar-243 122 UP, India
Pharmacol Res 54:219-25. 2006We have examined the mechanism of contractions elicited by guanfacine, a selective agonist for alpha(2A/D)-adrenoceptors and its modulations by cyclic nucleotides in isolated ovine resistance intra-pulmonary artery...
- New developments in the treatment of ADHDJoseph Biederman
Dept. of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 67:148-59. 2006
- Treatment of hyperactivity in children with pervasive developmental disordersLawrence Scahill
Child Study Center, Yale University, New Haven, CT, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychiatr Nurs 20:59-62. 2007
- Alpha2A-adrenoceptor stimulation improves prefrontal cortical regulation of behavior through inhibition of cAMP signaling in aging animalsBrian P Ramos
Department of Neurobiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
Learn Mem 13:770-6. 2006..Thus, the alpha2A-adrenoceptor agonist, guanfacine, greatly improves working-memory performance in monkeys and rats following systemic administration or intra-PFC ..
- G-protein-coupled alpha2A-adrenoreceptor agonists differentially alter citrus leaf and fruit abscission by affecting expression of ACC synthase and ACC oxidaseRongcai Yuan
University of Florida, Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences, Citrus Research and Education Center, 700 Experiment Station Road, Lake Alfred, FL 33850-2299, USA
J Exp Bot 56:1867-75. 2005..abscission after treatment with 2-chloroethylphosphonic acid (ethephon) alone or in combination with guanfacine or clonidine, two G-protein-coupled alpha(2A)-adrenoreceptor selective agonists...
- Yohimbine disrupts prepulse inhibition in rats via action at 5-HT1A receptors, not alpha2-adrenoceptorsSusan B Powell
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Dr, La Jolla, CA 92093 0804, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 180:491-500. 2005..The noradrenergic system appears to play a role in PPI as the alpha1 agonist cirazoline disrupts PPI and the alpha1 antagonist prazosin blocks the disruptions in PPI produced by phencyclidine...
- Alpha-2 adrenoceptor activation inhibits phencyclidine-induced deficits of spatial working memory in ratsWilliam Marrs
Department of Psychology, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1563, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 30:1500-10. 2005..but not clonidine, were reduced in noradrenaline-depleted rats. In addition, the alpha-2A-preferring agonist guanfacine (0.05-1.0 mg/kg, s.c...
- The effects of guanfacine on context processing abnormalities in schizotypal personality disorderMargaret M McClure
VA VISN3 Mental Illness Research, Education, and Clinical Center, Bronx, New York 10468, USA
Biol Psychiatry 61:1157-60. 2007..b>Guanfacine, an alpha2A agonist that acts post-synaptically in the prefrontal cortex (PFC), has shown potential for reducing ..
- Potential noradrenergic targets for cognitive enhancement in schizophreniaJoseph I Friedman
Department of Psychiatry, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
CNS Spectr 9:350-5. 2004..of post-junctional alpha 2a-adrenergic receptors in the prefrontal cortex by the alpha 2a-selective agonist guanfacine has demonstrated some preliminary benefit in subjects with schizophrenia treated with atypical antipsychotics...
- [Tourette syndrome: an analysis of its comorbidity and specific treatment]F X Castellanos
Institute of Pediatric Neuroscience, NYU Child Study Center, New York NY 10016-6404, USA
Rev Neurol 38:S124-30. 2004..CONCLUSIONS: Treatment of Tourette syndrome combined with ADHD is often challenging. Alpha 2 agonists, such as guanfacine, or non stimulant options such as atomoxetine, where available, are worth considering, although many individuals ..
- Alpha 2-adrenoceptor stimulation in the periventricular nucleus increases urine flow rate with minimal effects on blood pressureS Brian Penner
Departments of Pharmacology and Therapeutics and Internal Medicine, University of Manitoba, 753 McDermot Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R3E 0T6
Proc West Pharmacol Soc 45:13-4. 2002
- Role of alpha 2-adrenoceptors and imidazoline receptors in the A5 region in the regulation of renal function in the ratS Brian Penner
Departments of Pharmacology and Therapeutics and Internal Medicine, University of Manitoba, 753 McDermot Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R3E 0T6
Proc West Pharmacol Soc 45:11-2. 2002
- Epidemiology and toxicity of pediatric guanfacine exposuresJean C McGrath
Maryland Poison Center, University of Maryland School of Pharmacy, Baltimore, MD, USA
Ann Pharmacother 36:1698-703. 2002To examine the epidemiology and toxicity of guanfacine exposures in children and adolescents reported to poison control centers.
- Actions of alpha-2 noradrenergic agonists on spatial working memory and blood pressure in rhesus monkeys appear to be mediated by the same receptor subtypeJenna S Franowicz
Department of Neurobiology, Yale University School of Medicine, 333 Cedar Street, New Haven, CT 06520-8001, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 162:304-12. 2002..The hypotensive and cognitive-enhancing effects of clonidine and guanfacine were challenged with two alpha-2 antagonists with differing affinities for the three alpha-2 receptor subtypes: ..
- Inhibition of opioid release in the rat spinal cord by alpha2C adrenergic receptorsWenling Chen
Center for the Neurobiology of Stress and CURE Digestive Diseases Research Center, Division of Digestive Diseases, Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Neuropharmacology 54:944-53. 2008..Veratridine produced internalization in 70% of these neurons. The alpha2 receptor agonists clonidine, guanfacine, medetomidine and UK-14304 inhibited the evoked mu-opioid receptor internalization with IC50s of 1...
- Guanfacine in children with autism and/or intellectual disabilitiesBenjamin L Handen
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
J Dev Behav Pediatr 29:303-8. 2008..In addition, evidence suggests that children with developmental disabilities experience higher rates of adverse events. Guanfacine, an alpha2-adrenergic receptor agonist, has shown some promise as an alternative to psychostimulants.
- An antihypokinesic action of alpha2-adrenoceptors upon MPTP-induced behaviour deficits in miceT Archer
Department of Psychology, University of Goteborg, Sweden
J Neural Transm 110:183-200. 2003..directly-acting, mixed dopamine (DA) agonist, apomorphine, with the alpha-adrenoceptor agonists, clonidine and guanfacine, upon the motor activity of hypoactive L-Dopa-tolerant MPTP-treated C57 BL/6 mice were measured in four ..
- Effects of alpha(2)-adrenergic agonists on lipopolysaccharide-induced aqueous flare elevation in pigmented rabbitsK Watanabe
Department of Ophthalmology, Faculty of Medicine, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, Toyama, Japan
Jpn J Ophthalmol 45:221-6. 2001PURPOSE: To evaluate the effects of the alpha(2)-adrenergic agonists (clonidine, apraclonidine, and guanfacine) on lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-induced aqueous flare elevation in pigmented rabbits...
- [Selectivity of alpha 2-adrenergic agonists for the imidazoline-guanidine and alpha 2-adrenergic receptors]V Lachaud
U 7 INSERM/UA 318 CNRS, , , Paris
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 82:1135-7. 1989..5 +/- 1.5 nM. In order to define the relative affinity of the alpha-2-agonists, clonidine, rilmenidine and guanfacine for the two classes of receptors, we performed competition studies of the alpha 2-antagonists 3H-RX 781094 (..
- Different affinities of alpha 2-agonists for imidazoline and alpha 2-adrenergic receptorsI Coupry
U7 INSERM/UA 318 CNRS, Department of Pharmacology, , Paris, France
Am J Hypertens 2:468-70. 1989..inhibition of radioligand binding to basolateral membranes was rilmenidine greater than clonidine greater than guanfacine and clonidine greater than guanfacine greater than rilmenidine for 3H-RX 781094 and 3H-rauwolscine binding, ..
- Effects of rilmenidine and guanfacine in acute renal denervated ratsDeni Pirnat
Departments of Pharmacology and Therapeutics and Internal Medicine, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R3E 0T6
Proc West Pharmacol Soc 45:15-7. 2002
- Growth hormone response to guanfacine in boys with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: a preliminary studyJeffrey M Halperin
Department of Psychology, Queens College of the City University of New York, New York, New York 11367, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 13:283-94. 2003..function in children via the growth hormone response to a single dose of the alpha-2 adrenergic receptor agonist guanfacine and examined whether this measure distinguishes between attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) boys ..
- Stimulation of alpha2-adrenoceptors suppresses excitatory synaptic transmission in the medial prefrontal cortex of ratXiao Hua Ji
Institute of Neurobiology, Institutes of Brain Science, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Neuropsychopharmacology 33:2263-71. 2008..Alpha2-adrenergic agonists like clonidine and guanfacine have been used experimentally and clinically for treatment of psychiatric disorders such as attention-deficit/..
- Stimulation of interleukin-12 production in mouse macrophages via activation of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase by alpha2-adrenoceptor agonistsBok Yun Kang
Immunology Laboratory, College of Pharmacy and Research Institute of Drug Development, Chonnam National University, Kwangju 500-757, Republic of Korea
Eur J Pharmacol 467:223-31. 2003..alpha(2)-adrenoceptor agonists such as clonidine, guanfacine, and oxymetazoline significantly induced interleukin-12 secretion and interleukin-12 mRNA expression by ..
- Alpha 2A-adrenoceptor-specific stimulation of [35S]GTP gamma S binding to membrane preparations of rat frontal cortexOliver Pulges
Institute of Organic and Bioorganic Chemistry, University of Tartu, Jakobi Str 2, 51014 Tartu, Estonia
Neurochem Res 33:477-82. 2008..alpha 2A agonists UK14304 and guanfacine decreased the ability of GDP to compete with [35S]GTP gamma S binding to the membranes and 0...
- Evidence-based pharmacotherapy for attention-deficit hyperactivity disorderJoseph Biederman
Massachusetts General Hospital, ACC 725, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 7:77-97. 2004..Further, more research is needed on the efficacy of treatment for comorbid ADHD, use of combined medications, and the combination of medication and psychosocial treatment...
- Loss of glutamatergic pyramidal neurons in frontal and temporal cortex resulting from attenuation of FGFR1 signaling is associated with spontaneous hyperactivity in miceDana M Shin
Child Study Center, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
J Neurosci 24:2247-58. 2004..alterations in subcortical monoaminergic systems, because transgenic animals responded to both amphetamine and guanfacine, an alpha2A adrenergic receptor agonist...
- The alpha2-adrenergic agonist guanfacine reduces excitability of human motor cortex through disfacilitation and increase of inhibitionAlexei Korchounov
Clinic of Neurology, Johann Wolfgang Goethe-University Frankfurt, Theodor-Stern-Kai 7, D-60590, Frankfurt, Germany
Clin Neurophysiol 114:1834-40. 2003OBJECTIVE: To test the acute effects of the alpha2-adrenoceptor agonist guanfacine (GFC) on motor excitability in intact humans. METHODS: Eight healthy right-handed adults received a single oral dose of 2 mg of GFC...
- Epinephrine reduces the nerve conduction blockage induced by high-potassium in mammalian sciatic nerveEduardo D Martin
Cátedra de Neurociencia, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Nacional de Tucuman, Tucuman, Argentina
Brain Res 983:237-41. 2003..agonist isoproterenol mimicked the EN effect while the alpha-adrenoreceptor agonists phenylephrine and guanfacine did not affect the CAPs reduction...
- Pharmacological options for the treatment of Tourette's disorderF J Jimenez-Jimenez
Department of Medicine Neurology, Hospital Principe de Asturias, Universidad de Alcala, Alcala De Henares Madrid, and Neuro Magister S L Company, Madrid, Spain
Drugs 61:2207-20. 2001..Other potentially useful drugs for the treatment of ADHD in patients with Tourette's disorder are clonidine, guanfacine, selegiline, some tricyclic antidepressants, sertraline, pimozide and clonazepam...
- Frontotemporal dementia: recommendations for therapeutic studies, designs, and approachesMorris Freedman
Division of Neurology and Rotman Research Institute, Baycrest
Can J Neurol Sci 34:S118-24. 2007..moclobemide, methylphenidate, piracetam, rivastigmine, donepezil, olanzapine, risperidone, amantadine, guanfacine, allopurinol, and bromocriptine...
- Toward a new understanding of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder pathophysiology: an important role for prefrontal cortex dysfunctionAmy F T Arnsten
Department of Neurobiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
CNS Drugs 23:33-41. 2009..Conversely, drugs that enhance alpha(2)-receptor stimulation improve PFC function. Guanfacine directly stimulates postsynaptic alpha(2A)-receptors in the PFC and improves functioning, while methylphenidate ..
- Novel hypotensive agents from Verbesina caracasana: structure, synthesis and pharmacologyBruno Botta
Dipartimento di Studi di Chimica e Tecnologia delle Sostanze Biologicamente Attive, Universit La Sapienza, 00185 Roma, Italy
Curr Med Chem 10:1845-62. 2003..As a result, compounds such as guanethidine, guanabenz, guanfacine, and pinacidil have been introduced in antihypertensive drug therapy...
- Presynaptic autoregulation of norepinephrine release from the sympathetic nerve fibers in the pineal gland of the domestic pig. Pharmacological characterization of alpha(2)adrenoceptors mediating this processBogdan Lewczuk
Department of Histology and Embryology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn, Poland
Neuro Endocrinol Lett 23:111-7. 2002..Norepinephrine is the main neurotransmitter controlling melatonin secretion in the mammalian pineal gland. Presynaptic autoregulation of norepinephrine release from the sympathetic nerve fibers in the pineal gland is poorly known...
- [Models of drug treatment in the attention deficit disorder with hyperactivity]M C Etchepareborda
Laboratorio para el estudio de las Funciones Cerebrales Superiores, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Rev Neurol 34:S98-S106. 2002..Another example of the same model is that of the alpha adrenergic antagonists cloridine and guanfacine. The serotoninergic model: the drugs which modify the level of serotonin are mainly the group known as selective ..
- The alpha-2 antagonists idazoxan and rauwolscine but not yohimbine or piperoxan are anxiolytic in the Vogel lick-shock conflict paradigm following intravenous administrationS La Marca
Anaquest, Inc, Murray Hill, NJ 07974
Life Sci 54:PL179-84. 1994..5 mg/kg). However, the alpha 2 antagonists yohimbine and piperoxan, the alpha 2 agonists medetomidine, guanfacine, and guanabenz, the non-specific alpha antagonist phentolamine, and the alpha 1 antagonist prazosin did not ..
- Tourette syndrome: clinical characteristics and current management strategiesE H Kossoff
Department of Paediatrics, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Paediatr Drugs 3:355-63. 2001..Our first-line agents for tic suppression include clonidine, guanfacine, clonazepam and baclofen...
- New treatments for tic disordersMohammad M Qasaymeh
Child Neurology, Box 631, University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Curr Treat Options Neurol 8:465-73. 2006..For tics of moderate severity, clonidine and guanfacine have a reasonable safety profile. They are considered as first-line medications. With clonidine, start with 0...
- Src family kinases mediate the inhibition of substance P release in the rat spinal cord by μ-opioid receptors and GABA(B) receptors, but not α2 adrenergic receptorsGuohua Zhang
Center for Neurobiology of Stress, CURE Digestive Diseases Research Center, Division of Digestive Diseases, Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Eur J Neurosci 32:963-73. 2010..PP1 produced no effect by itself. The α(2) adrenergic agonists medetomidine and guanfacine produced a small but statistically significant inhibition of NK1R internalization induced by low-frequency ..
- Pharmacologic management of Alzheimer disease, Part II: Antioxidants, antihypertensives, and ergoloid derivativesB L Flynn
Department of Pharmaceutical and Administrative Sciences, School of Pharmacy and Allied Health Professions, Creighton University, St Joseph Villa Nursing Center, Omaha, NE 68178, USA
Ann Pharmacother 33:188-97. 1999..about research evaluating antioxidants in Alzheimer disease (AD) and to discuss the potential role of beta-blockers, angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors, clonidine, guanfacine, nimodipine, and ergoloid derivatives in AD therapy.
- Carbamazepine-induced hyperammonemiaErin N Adams
Bernard J Dunn School of Pharmacy, Shenandoah University, 1775 North Sector Court, Winchester, VA 22601, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 66:1468-70. 2009..A case of carbamazepine-induced hyperammonemia is presented...
- Meta-analysis: treatment of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in children with comorbid tic disordersMichael H Bloch
Yale Child Study Center, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 48:884-93. 2009..We sought to determine the relative efficacy of different medications in treating ADHD and tic symptoms in children with both Tourette's syndrome and ADHD...
- Pharmacological and therapeutic directions in ADHD: Specificity in the PFCFlorence Levy
School of Psychiatry, University of New South Wales, Prince of Wales Hospital, Sydney, NSW 2031, Australia
Behav Brain Funct 4:12. 2008..data suggest a possible hierarchy of specificity in the current medications used in the treatment of ADHD, with guanfacine likely to be most specific for the treatment of prefrontal attentional and working memory deficits...
- Pharmacotherapy of pervasive developmental disorders in children and adolescentsGabriele Masi
IRCCS Stella Maris, Scientific Institute of Child Neurology and Psychiatry, Calambrone, Pisa, Italy
CNS Drugs 18:1031-52. 2004..of other psychotropic medications, such as the opioid antagonists, alpha-adrenoceptor agonists (clonidine and guanfacine), psychostimulants, mood stabilisers, glutamatergic compounds (lamotrigine, amantadine), buspirone, and secretin...
- Neuroleptic malignant syndrome secondary to quetiapineJustine Schuller Gortney
Department of Pharmacy Practice, Mercer University, Atlanta, GA, USA
Ann Pharmacother 43:785-91. 2009..To report a case of neuroleptic malignant syndrome (NMS) secondary to quetiapine in which the patient developed extrapyramidal symptoms (EPS)...
- Attention-deficit-hyperactivity disorder: an updateJulie A Dopheide
Titus Family Department of Clinical Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Economics and Policy, School of Pharmacy, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
Pharmacotherapy 29:656-79. 2009..Other drug options include clonidine and guanfacine, but both can cause bradycardia and sedation...
- Presynaptic alpha 2-adrenoceptors exclusively sensitive to agonists of phenylethylamine structure on the sympathetic nerves of the human gall bladder arteryJ Kapocsi
Institute of Experimental Medicine, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Budapest
Neurosci Res 4:413-8. 1987..27 +/- 0.05; 0.43 +/- 0.04, respectively), whilst clonidine, xylazine and guanfacine at 10(-6) M failed to affect the stimulation evoked release of [3H]noradrenaline...
- Guanfacine overdose resulting in initial hypertension and subsequent delayed, persistent orthostatic hypotensionAlicia B Minns
Division of Medical Toxicology, Department of Emergency Medicine, University of California San Diego, 200 West Arbor Drive, San Diego, CA 92103 8925, USA
Clin Toxicol (Phila) 48:146-8. 2010b>Guanfacine is an alpha(2)-adrenoreceptor agonist used for the treatment of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder and tic disorders. Few reports exist regarding overdose with guanfacine.
- Delineation of three pharmacological subtypes of alpha 2-adrenoceptor in the rat kidneyS Uhlen
Department of Pharmacology, Umea University, Sweden
Br J Pharmacol 104:657-64. 1991..Of the 14 compounds tested, oxymetazoline and guanfacine were found to bind with low affinities to both of the alpha 2B1- and alpha 2B2-adrenoceptor but with high ..
- alpha2a adrenoceptors regulate phosphorylation of microtubule-associated protein-2 in cultured cortical neuronsZ M Song
Division of Neuroscience, John Curtin School of Medical Research, Australian National University, Building 54, Mills Road, Canberra, ACT 0200, Australia
Neuroscience 123:405-18. 2004..b>Guanfacine, a alpha2A selective agonists, also significantly increased the dendrite lengths in culture...
- Evaluation of the genes for the adrenergic receptors alpha 2A and alpha 1C and Gilles de la Tourette SyndromeChun Xu
Department of Psychiatry, The Toronto Western Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 119:54-9. 2003..to play a role in GTS based on the reduction of symptoms with the adrenergic receptor agonists, clonidine and guanfacine. We examined the inheritance of polymorphisms in the ADRA2A and ADRA1C genes in 113 nuclear families identified ..
- Phthalates in paper and board packaging and their migration into Tenax and sugarB Aurela
Finnish Pulp and Paper Research Institute, Espoo, Finland
Food Addit Contam 16:571-7. 1999..However, the distribution of substances in the packaging might be non-uniform. In the sugar packagings studied here, the difference between phthalate concentrations in two samples taken from the same packaging was nearly 100-fold...
- Trends in incidence and characteristics of children, adolescents, and adults initiating immediate- or extended-release methylphenidate or atomoxetine in the Netherlands during 2001-2006Els van den Ban
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, University Medical Centre Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 20:55-61. 2010..In 2003 the extended-release (ER) formulation of MPH and in 2005 atomoxetine (ATX) were introduced in The Netherlands, which increased treatment options...
- Efficacy and safety limitations of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder pharmacotherapy in children and adultsSharon B Wigal
Child Development Center, University of California Irvine, Irvine, California 92162, USA
CNS Drugs 23:21-31. 2009..Nonstimulant agents, such as atomoxetine (FDA-approved), and several non-approved agents, bupropion, guanfacine and clonidine, may offer necessary alternatives to the stimulants...
- Mapping the central effects of methylphenidate in the rat using pharmacological MRI BOLD contrastNeil Easton
School of Biomedical Sciences, Medical School, Institute of Neuroscience, University of Nottingham, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham NG7 2UH, UK
Neuropharmacology 57:653-64. 2009..The overall pattern of BOLD changes is comparable to that seen in previous studies using guanfacine, amphetamine and atomoxetine, and suggests that although these compounds operate through distinct ..
- Activation of alpha 2A adrenoceptors alters dendritic spine development and the expression of spinophilin in cultured cortical neuronesJie Hu
Division of Neuroscience, John Curtin School of Medical Research, and Medical School, Australian National University, Canberra, ACT, Australia
Brain Res 1199:37-45. 2008..Furthermore, incubation of neurones with the selective alpha 2A agonist guanfacine resulted in 1.2-fold increase in spine length and 1.8-fold increase in spine density...
- Tourette's SyndromeRoseli Gedanke Shavitt
Department of Psychiatry, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Rua Dr Ovidio Pires de Campos, Sao Paulo 05430 010, Brazil
Psychiatr Clin North Am 29:471-86. 2006..Alfa-adrenergic agents such as guanfacine and clonidine are first-choice treatments for TS; typical antipsychotics are more effective but are troublesome ..
- Once-daily treatment of ADHD with guanfacine: patient implicationsBrandon C Strange
Department of Psychiatry at The Ohio State University Columbus, OH, USA
Neuropsychiatr Dis Treat 4:499-506. 2008..b>Guanfacine has been used for a number of years as an off label alternative to psychostimulants...
- Aripiprazole in children and adolescents: clinical experienceThomas A Rugino
Children s Specialized Hospital, Toms River, NJ 08755, USA
J Child Neurol 20:603-10. 2005..Coadministration of sedative medications (particularly guanfacine or clonidine) and weight < 58 kg increased the risk of adverse events, such as increased lability and ..
- Drug therapy for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder-like symptoms in autistic disorderPhilip Hazell
Discipline of Psychiatry, School of Medicine and Public Health, University of Newcastle, Callaghan, New South Wales, Australia
J Paediatr Child Health 43:19-24. 2007..Moderate benefit is derived from methylphenidate, atomoxetine, some anticonvulsant medications, guanfacine and donepezil...
- Non-stimulant treatment of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderSteven R Pliszka
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio 78284, USA
CNS Spectr 8:253-8. 2003..The a-agonists clonidine and guanfacine have also been used as alternative agents in ADHD, though the controlled data are more limited...
- The use of α-2A adrenergic agonists for the treatment of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderAmy F T Arnsten
Department of Neurobiology, Yale Medical School, 333 Cedar St, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
Expert Rev Neurother 10:1595-605. 2010..Recent data show that compounds such as guanfacine can enhance PFC function by stimulating postsynaptic α-2A receptors on the dendritic spines of PFC pyramidal ..
- Regulation of alpha2A-adrenergic receptor signaling and trafficking by spinophiliQin Wang; Fiscal Year: 2010..In addition to epinephrine (an endogenous ligand), we will study ?2AAR trafficking induced by clonidine and guanfacine (two ?2-agonists commonly used in the clinic)...
- Development of Guanfacine to decrease drug craving, anxiety and cocaine relapse rRajita Sinha; Fiscal Year: 2010..proposes to conduct a randomized, double blind, placebo-controlled laboratory study to examine whether guanfacine (GUA) decreases cocaine and nicotine craving, anxiety and stress related arousal in cocaine dependent, nicotine ..
- 2/4-RUPP Autism Network: Guanfacine for the Treatment of Hyperactivity in PDDBryan H King; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>Guanfacine is commonly used in this population, but poorly studied...
- 3/4-RUPP Autism Network: Guanfacine for the Treatment of Hyperactivity in PDDJames T McCracken; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>Guanfacine is commonly used in this population, but poorly studied...
- Development of Guanfacine to decrease drug craving, anxiety and cocaine relapse rRajita Sinha; Fiscal Year: 2009..proposes to conduct a randomized, double blind, placebo-controlled laboratory study to examine whether guanfacine (GUA) decreases cocaine and nicotine craving, anxiety and stress related arousal in cocaine dependent, nicotine ..
- Insulin, Norepinephrine, and Working Memory in AgingG Watson; Fiscal Year: 2007..In monkeys, the alpha2A adrenergic receptor (AR) agonist guanfacine facilitates spatial working memory...
- Regulation of alpha2A-adrenergic receptor signaling and trafficking by spinophiliQin Wang; Fiscal Year: 2011..In addition to epinephrine (an endogenous ligand), we will study ?2AAR trafficking induced by clonidine and guanfacine (two ?2-agonists commonly used in the clinic)...
- Pharmacology of Cognition in Schizotypal Personality DisorderLarry Siever; Fiscal Year: 2007..These tasks will be evaluated at baseline and after 4 weeks of a double blind placebo controlled trial of guanfacine in 60 patients with SPD and 60 patients with a non-schizophrenia related personality disorder, avoidant ..
- Pharmacology of Cognition in Schizotypal Personality DisorderLarry J Siever; Fiscal Year: 2010..These tasks will be evaluated at baseline and after 4 weeks of a double blind placebo controlled trial of guanfacine in 60 patients with SPD and 60 patients with a non-schizophrenia related personality disorder, avoidant ..
- PHARMACOLOGY OF COGNITION IN SCHIZOTYPAL PERSONALITYLarry Siever; Fiscal Year: 2006..cognitive battery including recently developed tests to evaluate the effect of a pharmacologic intervention with guanfacine on the cognitive function of SPD subjects...
- PHARMACOLOGY OF COGNITION IN SCHIZOTYPAL PERSONALITYLarry Siever; Fiscal Year: 2003..cognitive battery including recently developed tests to evaluate the effect of a pharmacologic intervention with guanfacine on the cognitive function of SPD subjects...
- 1/4-RUPP Autism Network: Guanfacine for the Treatment of Hyperactivity in PDDChristopher J McDougle; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>Guanfacine is commonly used in this population, but poorly studied...
- Regulation of alpha2A-AR trafficking/signaling by different agonists in neuronsQin Wang; Fiscal Year: 2007..this novel line to evaluate regulation of alpha2A-AR trafficking and signaling by two agonists, clonidine and guanfacine, in comparison with the endogenous ligand, norepinephrine, in native neocortical neurons...
- Guanfacine Treatment for Prefrontal Cognitive Dysfunction in Elderly SubjectsChristopher H van Dyck; Fiscal Year: 2010..The alpha-2A-agonist, guanfacine, is well-tolerated and has already demonstrated benefit in patients with attention deficit hyperactivity ..
- Neurobiology of cortical Systems.Amy Arnsten; Fiscal Year: 2007..D.s and M.D.s. with NINDS grants and/or NINDS related research foci. Training includes coursework, intensive research apprentice-ship, structured seminar programs, and laboratory and departmental presentations of research progress. ..
- COGNITIVE LOSS WITH AGE--ROLE OF CORTICAL CATECHOLAMINESAmy Arnsten; Fiscal Year: 2007..Based on our research, the alpha-2 agonist, guanfacine, is now used to treat ADHD, but side effects still limit use in the elderly...
- Estrogen, Stress and Dysfunction of Prefrontal CortexAmy Arnsten; Fiscal Year: 2005..This research will begin to reveal how estrogen amplifies the neurochemical cascades that lead to activation of CREB and dysfunction of the PFC during stress ..
- Cortical Excitability: Phenotype and Biomarker in ADHD TherapyFloyd Sallee; Fiscal Year: 2009..This proposal will further characterize both the physiologic relevance of SICI for ADHD as well as its utility to predict response to ADHD treatments such as atomoxetine. ..
- ADHD Phenotype Network: Animal Model to Clinical TrialFloyd Sallee; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Behavior Therapy for Adults with Tourette SyndromeLawrence Scahill; Fiscal Year: 2009..The Informatics group at Yale University will provide data management services. ..
- OUTCOME OF ATTENTION DEFICIT HYPERACTIVITY DISORDERJoseph Biederman; Fiscal Year: 2002..The investigators will test three general hypotheses: prediction of outcome based on baseline ADHD (or sibling of ADHD); prediction of outcome based on comorbidity; prediction of outcome and comorbidity based on DSM-IV subtypes. ..
- RUPP-PI Program at Yale UniversityLawrence Scahill; Fiscal Year: 2006..Furthermore, this five-site network has established reliability on several measures that are relevant to the conduct of clinical trials in children with PDD. ..
- Collaborative Pediatric Bipolar Disorder ConferenceJoseph Biederman; Fiscal Year: 2007..While the proposed conference does not intend to solve all outstanding problems associated with pediatric bipolar disorder, it will provide a forum to begin formulating a solution. ..
- Adult Outcome of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity DisorderJoseph Biederman; Fiscal Year: 2007..For these reasons, we expect the proposed work to clarify the course and outcome of ADHD. ..
- FAMILY GENETIC STUDY OF GIRLS WITH ADHDJoseph Biederman; Fiscal Year: 1993..This, in conjunction with our longitudinal family study of ADHD boys, should provide the field with valuable data about ADHD in the years to come...
- Course of psychopathology in female youth: Analysis with extant longitudinal dataJoseph Biederman; Fiscal Year: 2007..From a public health perspective, the ability to predict the course of psychopathology in girls with ADHD could help focus limited societal resources on those at higher risk for persistent illness with complicated outcomes. ..
- PREVENTION OF CIGARETTE SMOKING IN ADHD YOUTHJoseph Biederman; Fiscal Year: 2001..Since there are estimated to be 3.5 million children with ADHD and 20% have been shown to be smokers, targeting this group could potentially impact 700,000 children and adolescents. ..
- Anger Control Training for Youth with Tourette SyndromeLarry Scahill; Fiscal Year: 2005..This design will permit demonstration of a clinically relevant effect size for anger control training in adolescents with TS. ..
- LONGITUDINAL FOLLOW UP OF ADHD GIRLS AND THEIR SIBLINGSJoseph Biederman; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Psychopharmacology of Autism and related DisordersDavid Posey; Fiscal Year: 2007..Towards the later years of the award, the candidate will have performed additional studies and applied for independent research funding. ..
- Targeted Pharmacologic Interventions for AutismDavid Posey; Fiscal Year: 2007..This research is also unique in its plan to identify genetic predictors of response to drug treatment in autism. ..
- Targeted Pharmacologic Interventions for AutismDavid Posey; Fiscal Year: 2009..This research is also unique in its plan to identify genetic predictors of response to drug treatment in autism. ..