Genomes and Genes
Summary: A histamine congener, it competitively inhibits histamine binding to H2 receptors. Cimetidine has a range of pharmacological actions. It inhibits gastric acid secretion, as well as pepsin and gastrin output. It also blocks the activity of cytochrome P-450.
Publications269 found, 100 shown here
- Effects of three H2-receptor antagonists (cimetidine, famotidine, ranitidine) on serum gastrin levelT Ohsawa
Chidoribashi Hospital Pharmacy, Department of Pharmacokinetics, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Science, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Int J Clin Pharmacol Res 22:29-35. 2002..The subjects were 51 patients (cimetidine: 18 patients; famotidine: 16 patients; ranitidine: 17 patients)...
- Cimetidine inhibits angiogenesis and suppresses tumor growthTakeshi Natori
Department of Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
Biomed Pharmacother 59:56-60. 2005b>Cimetidine, a histamine type-2 receptor antagonist, has been reported to improve survival of patients with cancers. However, the exact mechanisms by which cimetidine suppresses development of cancers remain to be elucidated...
- Two cDNAs coding for histamine-gated ion channels in D. melanogasterGunter Gisselmann
Lehrstuhl fur Zellphysiologie, Ruhr Universitat Bochum, Universitatsstrasse 150, D 44780 Bochum, Germany
Nat Neurosci 5:11-2. 2002..DM-HisCl-alpha 1 mRNA localizes in the lamina region of the Drosophila eye, supporting the idea that DM-HisCl-alpha 1 may be a neurotransmitter receptor for histamine in the visual system...
- Hepatoprotective, antinociceptive and antioxidant activities of cimetidine, ranitidine and famotidine as histamine H2 receptor antagonistsAmirhossein Ahmadi
Student Research Committee, Faculty of Pharmacy, Mazandaran University of Medical Sciences, Sari, Iran
Fundam Clin Pharmacol 25:72-9. 2011..Antinociceptive effects were determined using the hot plate test in mice. The hepatoprotective effects of cimetidine, ranitidine and famotidine against hepatotoxicity induced by carbon tetrachloride (CCl(4) ) were determined by ..
- Protecting cisplatin-induced nephrotoxicity with cimetidine does not affect antitumor activityHiromu Katsuda
Department of Medicinal Informatics, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kanazawa University, 13 1 Takara machi, Kanazawa 920 8641, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 33:1867-71. 2010The present study examined the influence of cimetidine on the nephrotoxicity and antitumor effects of cisplatin in vitro and in vivo...
- Aquatic toxicity of acetaminophen, carbamazepine, cimetidine, diltiazem and six major sulfonamides, and their potential ecological risks in KoreaYoungHee Kim
School of Public Health, Seoul National University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Environ Int 33:370-5. 2007..In this study, the four most abundantly used pharmaceuticals in Korea, namely acetaminophen, carbamazepine, cimetidine, and diltiazem, and six sulfonamide related antibiotics, including sulfamethoxazole, sulfachlorpyridazine, ..
- Cimetidine suppresses lung tumor growth in mice through proapoptosis of myeloid-derived suppressor cellsYisheng Zheng
Department of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, Fuzong Clinical College of Fujian Medical University, Fuzhou General Hospital, Fuzhou, Fujian 350000, PR China
Mol Immunol 54:74-83. 2013b>Cimetidine, a histamine type-2 receptor antagonist, is known to inhibit the growth of several tumors in human and animals, however the mechanism of action underlying this effect remains largely unknown...
- Effect of cimetidine on pharmacokinetics of orally administered cyclosporine in healthy dogsJ C Daigle
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge 70803, USA
Am J Vet Res 62:1046-50. 2001..of cyclosporine (CyA) in healthy dogs after oral administration alone or in combination with orally administered cimetidine. ANIMALS: 10 healthy adult Beagles...
- Cimetidine: an anticancer drug?Martina Kubecova
Department of Radiotherapy and Oncology, Charles University in Prague, Third Faculty of Medicine and Faculty Hospital Kralovske Vinohrady, Czech Republic
Eur J Pharm Sci 42:439-44. 2011b>Cimetidine, H(2) receptor antagonists, is commonly prescribed for gastric and duodenal ulcer disease. Additionally, cimetidine has been shown to have anticancer effects...
- Effect of dose increase or cimetidine co-administration on albendazole bioavailabilityH G Schipper
Department of Internal Medicine, Tropical Medicine and AIDS, Academic Medical Center, The Netherlands
Am J Trop Med Hyg 63:270-3. 2000The low bioavailability of albendazole affects the therapeutic response in patients with echinococcosis. Cimetidine co-administration is reported to improve bioavailability...
- Hemodynamic effects of atracurium and cisatracurium and the use of diphenhydramine and cimetidineClaudia Maria Nogueira Correa
Instituto Fernandes Figueira, FIOCRUZ
Rev Bras Anestesiol 60:52-63. 2010Since atracurium can cause hypotension in humans, the hemodynamic effects of atracurium and cisatracurium as well as the hemodynamic protection of diphenhydramine and cimetidine were investigated in rats.
- Floating microspheres of cimetidine: formulation, characterization and in vitro evaluationAnand Kumar Srivastava
Department of Pharmaceutics Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi 221005, India
Acta Pharm 55:277-85. 2005The present study involves preparation and evaluation of floating microspheres with cimetidine as model drug for prolongation of gastric residence time...
- Comparison of prostaglandin and cimetidine in protection of isolated gastric glands against indomethacin injuryT Brzozowski
Gastroenterology Section, VA Medical Center, Long Beach, University of California, Irvine, CA, USA
J Physiol Pharmacol 56:75-88. 2005Prostaglandins can protect the in vivo gastric mucosa against necrosis produced by a variety noxious agents. Cimetidine has also been shown to have protective properties in humans and in some models of experimental injury...
- Cimetidine induces apoptosis in gastric cancer cells in vitro and inhibits tumor growth in vivoCheng Gang Jiang
Department of Oncology, The First Affiliated Hospital, China Medical University, Shenyang 110001, Liaoning Province, P R China
Oncol Rep 23:693-700. 2010b>Cimetidine, a histamine-2 (H2) receptor antagonist, has been demonstrated to have anticancer effects on various types of malignancies. However, the mechanisms of its action on gastric cancer are not completely understood...
- Cimetidine induces apoptosis of human salivary gland tumor cellsMasakatsu Fukuda
Second Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Department of Diagnostic and Therapeutic Science, Meikai University School of Dentistry, Sakado, Saitama 350 0283, Japan
Oncol Rep 17:673-8. 2007It has been reported that cimetidine, a histamine type-2 receptor (H2R) antagonist, inhibits the growth of glandular tumors such as colorectal cancer. However, its effects against salivary gland tumors are still unknown...
- Cimetidine inhibits epidermal growth factor-induced cell signalingTatsuya Fujikawa
Department of Medicine and Medical Science, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, Okayama, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 22:436-43. 2007b>Cimetidine, a histamine-2 (H2) receptor antagonist, has been demonstrated to have anticancer effects on colorectal cancer, melanoma and renal cell carcinoma...
- Effect of grapefruit juice or cimetidine coadministration on albendazole bioavailabilityJ Nagy
Department of Internal Medicine, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Trop Med Hyg 66:260-3. 2002..were compared with those after albendazole was administered with water, a fatty meal, or grapefruit juice plus cimetidine (10 mg/kg). In comparison to water, maximum ABZSX concentration (Cmax) was enhanced 6...
- Inhibition of human alcohol and aldehyde dehydrogenases by cimetidine and assessment of its effects on ethanol metabolismChing Long Lai
Department of Nursing, Chang Gung University of Science and Technology, Kweishan Township, Taoyuan 33303, Taiwan
Chem Biol Interact 202:275-82. 2013Previous studies have reported that cimetidine, an H2-receptor antagonist used to treat gastric and duodenal ulcers, can inhibit alcohol dehydrogenases (ADHs) and ethanol metabolism...
- Cimetidine therapy for epidermodysplasia verruciformisGiuseppe Micali
Dermatology Clinic, University of Catania, Catania, Italy
J Am Acad Dermatol 48:S9-10. 2003..Treatment with oral cimetidine (40 mg/kg per day) induced a marked improvement after 3 months of therapy, with no relapse at a 6-month follow-up...
- Estimation of the glomerular filtration rate in NIDDM patients from plasma creatinine concentration after cimetidine administrationF A Kemperman
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Diabetes Care 21:216-20. 1998..The hypothesis that this method can be improved when tubular secretion of creatinine is inhibited by cimetidine was studied in NIDDM patients.
- Should we be using cimetidine to premedicate patients receiving docetaxel or paclitaxel?Thomas Clouse
Gynecol Oncol 95:270-1. 2004
- Cimetidine enhances immune response of HBV DNA vaccination via impairment of the regulatory function of regulatory T cellsJunpeng Wang
State Key Laboratories of Agro biotechnology, College of Biological Science, China Agricultural University, Beijing 100094, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 372:491-6. 2008b>Cimetidine (CIM), a histamine 2-receptor antagonist, is postulated to enhance immune responses owing to its inhibitory effects on suppressor T cells...
- Cimetidine increases survival of colorectal cancer patients with high levels of sialyl Lewis-X and sialyl Lewis-A epitope expression on tumour cellsS Matsumoto
Department of Surgery, Second Teaching Hospital, School of Medicine, Fujita Health University, 3 6 10 Otohbashi, Nakagawa Ku, Nagoya 454 8509, Japan
Br J Cancer 86:161-7. 2002b>Cimetidine has been shown to have beneficial effects in colorectal cancer patients...
- Pharmacokinetic interaction between ϵ-acetamidocaproic acid (AACA) and cimetidine in indomethacin-induced acute gastric ulcer and control rats: inhibition of active renal secretion of AACA by cimetidineY H Choi
College of Pharmacy, Dongguk University Seoul, Seoul, South Korea
Xenobiotica 41:409-15. 2011..oral administration of zinc acexamate [ZAC; ion-pairing between zinc and ϵ-acetamidocaproic acid (AACA)] and cimetidine together, the areas under the curve (AUCs) of AACA were significantly greater [by 28.2 and 98...
- Ameliorative effects of SLC22A2 gene polymorphism 808 G/T and cimetidine on cisplatin-induced nephrotoxicity in Chinese cancer patientsJing Zhang
Department of Pharmacy, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Shandong University, 44 Wenhua West Road, Jinan 250012, China
Food Chem Toxicol 50:2289-93. 2012To investigate the roles of SLC22A2 gene polymorphism 808 G/T and cimetidine on cisplatin-induced nephrotoxicity, a total of 123 Chinese cancer patients treated with cisplatin alone (n = 55) or in combination with cimetidine (n = 68) were ..
- Histamine, mast cells and tumour cell proliferation in breast cancer: does preoperative cimetidine administration have an effect?P F Bowrey
UNSW Department of Surgery, The St George Hospital, Kogarah, Sydney NSW, Australia
Br J Cancer 82:167-70. 2000..While cimetidine, an H2 antagonist, has been shown to influence the presence of tumour infiltrating lymphocytes (TIL) in ..
- Hydroxyzine, cimetidine and vitamin C in reducing skin flap necrosis in ischemia-reperfusion injury in rats. A comparative studySp Georgopoulos
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Greek Anticancer Institute, St Savvas Hospital, Athens, Greece
J BUON 17:377-82. 2012The purpose of the current experimental research was to investigate whether hydroxyzine can reduce the necrotic area in ischemia-reperfusion injury in epigastric rat skin flaps and to compare its role with cimetidine and vitamin C.
- Different effects of three transporting inhibitors, verapamil, cimetidine, and probenecid, on fexofenadine pharmacokineticsNorio Yasui-Furukori
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Hirosaki University Schoo of Medicine, Hirosaki 036 8502, Japan
Clin Pharmacol Ther 77:17-23. 2005..Fexofenadine is a substrate of P-glycoprotein and organic anion transporting polypeptides. The aim of this study was to compare the inhibitory effects of different transporting inhibitors on fexofenadine pharmacokinetics...
- Elevated systemic elimination of cimetidine in rats with acute biliary obstruction: the role of renal organic cation transporter OCT2Tomohiko Kurata
Department of Clinical Pharmacy and Biopharmaceutics, Mie University Graduate School of Medicine, Tsu, Mie, Japan
Drug Metab Pharmacokinet 25:328-34. 2010..Systemic clearance of cimetidine was significantly higher in rats with bile duct ligation (BDL) for 24 hours than in sham-operated rats, with no ..
- Influence of Oct1/Oct2-deficiency on cisplatin-induced changes in urinary N-acetyl-beta-D-glucosaminidaseRyan M Franke
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN, USA
Clin Cancer Res 16:4198-206. 2010..This study aimed to test the influence of functional renal organic cation transporters (OCT2 in humans, Oct1 and Oct2 in mice) on biomarkers of cisplatin nephrotoxicity, such as urinary activity of N-acetyl-beta-D-glucosaminidase (NAG)...
- Competitive inhibition of the luminal efflux by multidrug and toxin extrusions, but not basolateral uptake by organic cation transporter 2, is the likely mechanism underlying the pharmacokinetic drug-drug interactions caused by cimetidine in the kidneySumito Ito
Laboratory of Molecular Pharmacokinetics, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Tokyo, Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 340:393-403. 2012b>Cimetidine, an H₂ receptor antagonist, has been used to investigate the tubular secretion of organic cations in human kidney...
- Cimetidine-induced vascular cell apoptosis impairs testicular microvasculature in adult ratsFlávia L Beltrame
Department of Morphology and Genetics, Federal University of Sao Paulo UNIFESP, Sao Paulo SP, Brazil
Histol Histopathol 27:1343-51. 2012b>Cimetidine, an H₂ receptor antagonist used for treatment of gastric ulcers, exerts antiandrogenic and antiangiogenic effects...
- Antiulcerogenic action of ethanolic extract of the resin from Virola surinamensis Warb. (Myristicaceae)Clelia Akiko Hiruma-Lima
Physiology Department, Biosciences Institute, Sao Paulo State University UNESP, c p 510, 18618 000, Botucatu, SP, Brazil
J Ethnopharmacol 122:406-9. 2009..The resin obtained by cuts on the stem bark is a reputed folk remedy in its natural form for the treatment of ulcer, gastritis, inflammation and cancer...
- Selective inhibition of rat hepatic microsomal cytochrome P-450. I. Effect of the in vivo administration of cimetidineT Chang
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 260:1441-9. 1992b>Cimetidine is considered to be a general inhibitor of cytochrome P-450 enzymes, but there is indirect evidence that certain cytochrome P-450 enzymes are not inhibited by cimetidine...
- Cimetidine improves prediction of the glomerular filtration rate by the Cockcroft-Gault formula in renal transplant recipientsFrits A Kemperman
Department of Internal Medicine and Nephrology of the Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, 1100 DE Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Transplantation 73:770-4. 2002..b>Cimetidine improved the accuracy of GFR prediction in renal disease and also in diabetes mellitus type 2, due to inhibition ..
- Cimetidine inhibits the adhesion of gastric cancer cells expressing high levels of sialyl Lewis x in human vascular endothelial cells by blocking E-selectin expressionFu Rong Liu
Department of Cell Biology, Key Laboratory of Cell Biology, Ministry of Public Health and Key Laboratory of Medical Cell Biology, Ministry of Education, China Medical University, Shenyang, P R China
Int J Mol Med 27:537-44. 2011b>Cimetidine has been shown to have anti-metastatic activity and improves the survival of patients with colorectal cancer. One hypothesis is its modulation of the expression of the cell adhesion molecule by target organ endothelial cells...
- Roxatidine- and cimetidine-induced angiogenesis inhibition suppresses growth of colon cancer implants in syngeneic miceKazuyoshi Tomita
Department of Applied Pharmacology, Kyoto Pharmaceutical University, Yamashina, Japan
J Pharmacol Sci 93:321-30. 2003b>Cimetidine is known to suppress the growth of several tumors, including gastrointestinal cancer, in humans and animals. Nonetheless, whether other histamine H(2)-receptor antagonists exert such tumor suppressive effects remains unclear...
- Time-dependent changes of immunologic responses after burn injury and immunomodulation by cimetidine and pyrimethamine in an animal modelJafarzadeh A
Department of Immunology, Rafsanjan University of Medical Sciences, Rafsanjan, Iran
Pak J Pharm Sci 23:367-73. 2010..following thermal injury in an animal model and also to modulate immune responses by use of the immunomdulators cimetidine and pyrimethamine...
- Sofalcone, a gastroprotective drug, promotes gastric ulcer healing following eradication therapy for Helicobacter pylori: a randomized controlled comparative trial with cimetidine, an H2-receptor antagonistKazuhide Higuchi
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Osaka Medical College, Takatsuki, Osaka, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 25:S155-60. 2010..We compared a gastroprotective drug, sofalcone, and an H(2)-receptor antagonist, cimetidine, in terms of promoting ulcer healing after 7 weeks of administration following 1 week of eradication therapy.
- Influence of cimetidine co-administration on the pharmacokinetics of acebutolol enantiomers and its metabolite diacetolol in a rat model: the effect of gastric pH on double-peak phenomenaS Abolfazl Mostafavi
Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alta, Canada
Int J Pharm 255:81-6. 2003..Furthermore, the effect of cimetidine (CIM) on pharmacokinetic parameters of AC and its metabolite diacetolol (DC) was evaluated...
- Pharmacokinetics of saquinavir co-administered with cimetidineMarta Boffito
Infectious Diseases Unit, University of Torino, Torino, Italy
J Antimicrob Chemother 50:1081-4. 2002The present study evaluated the effect of cimetidine, a histamine H(2) receptor antagonist able to inhibit cytochrome P450 metabolism, on the steady-state pharmacokinetics of saquinavir soft gel...
- Comparison of the inhibitory profiles of itraconazole and cimetidine in cytochrome P450 3A4 genetic variantsTakeshi Akiyoshi
Keio University Faculty of Pharmacy, Tokyo, Japan
Drug Metab Dispos 39:724-8. 2011..study, we quantitatively investigated the inhibition kinetics of two typical inhibitors, itraconazole (ITCZ) and cimetidine (CMD), on CYP3A4 variants and evaluated whether the genetic variation leads to interindividual differences in ..
- Tumour growth inhibition of human pancreatic cancer xenografts in SCID mice by cimetidineO Sürücü
Institute of Theoretical Surgery, Philipps University, Baldingerstr, 35033 Marburg, Germany
Inflamm Res 53:S39-40. 2004
- Cimetidine inhibits salivary gland tumor cell adhesion to neural cells and induces apoptosis by blocking NCAM expressionMasakatsu Fukuda
Second Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Department of Diagnostic and Therapeutic Sciences, Meikai University School of Dentistry, 1 1 Keyakidai, Sakado, Saitama 350 0283, Japan
BMC Cancer 8:376. 2008b>Cimetidine, a histamine type-2 receptor antagonist, has been reported to inhibit the growth of glandular tumors such as colorectal cancer, however the mechanism of action underlying this effect is unknown...
- Cimetidine enhances the protective effect of GST DNA vaccine against Schistosoma japonicumMan jun Li
Department of Parasitology, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, No 13 Hangkong Road, Wuhan 430030, China
Exp Parasitol 128:427-32. 2011b>Cimetidine (CIM), a histamine-2-receptor antagonist, has a long history of safe use in gastric acid-mediated gastrointestinal disorders...
- Vitamin B12 supplement exerts a beneficial effect on the seminiferous epithelium of cimetidine-treated ratsFlávia L Beltrame
Department of Morphology and Genetics, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Cells Tissues Organs 193:184-94. 2011Treatment of gastric ulcer with cimetidine reduces acid secretion and interferes in the vitamin B(12) absorption...
- Colorimetric assay of cimetidine in the presence of its oxidative degradatesAlaa S Amin
Benha University, Faculty of Science, Chemistry Department, Benha, Egypt
J AOAC Int 92:382-6. 2009Three simple, accurate, and sensitive colorimetric methods for the determination of cimetidine (Cim) in pure form, in dosage forms, and in the presence of its oxidative degradates were developed...
- Prediction of the glomerular filtration rate using equations in kidney-pancreas transplant patients receiving cimetidineJeffrey Schiff
Department of Medicine, Royal Victoria Hospital, McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Transplantation 81:469-72. 2006..b>Cimetidine inhibits tubular secretion of creatinine and improves the accuracy of formulas to estimate GFR.
- Effect of flunixin meglumine and cimetidine hydrochloride on the pH in the third compartment of the stomach of llamasM L Drew
Zoological Medicine Service, Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital, Davis, CA
J Am Vet Med Assoc 201:1559-63. 1992..The llamas were allotted into 2 groups and given flunixin meglumine or cimetidine hydrochloride for 3 days. After 4 days without treatment, the drugs given to each group were reversed...
- A study of the pharmacokinetic interactions of the direct renin inhibitor aliskiren with allopurinol, celecoxib and cimetidine in healthy subjectsSurya Ayalasomayajula
Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation, East Hanover, NJ, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 24:717-26. 2008..and three drugs, each predominantly eliminated by a different clearance/metabolic pathway: allopurinol (glomerular filtration), celecoxib (cytochrome P450 metabolism) and cimetidine (P-glycoprotein and organic anion/cation transporters).
- Clinical pharmacokinetic drug interaction studies of gabapentin enacarbil, a novel transported prodrug of gabapentin, with naproxen and cimetidineRitu Lal
XenoPort, Inc, Santa Clara, CA, USA
Br J Clin Pharmacol 69:498-507. 2010..at these two transporters, the pharmacokinetics of gabapentin enacarbil were evaluated in healthy adults after administration alone or in combination with either naproxen (an MCT-1 substrate) or cimetidine (an OCT2 substrate).
- Effects of dietary flavonoids on the transport of cimetidine via P-glycoprotein and cationic transporters in Caco-2 and LLC-PK1 cell modelsJ S Taur
Drug Safety and Disposition, Eisai Research Institute, Andover, MA, USA
Xenobiotica 38:1536-50. 20081. The hypotheses tested were to study cimetidine as a substrate of P-glycoprotein (P-gp) and organic cation transport systems and the modulatory effects of eight flavonoid aglycones and glycosides on these transport systems using Caco-2 ..
- Cimetidine modulates the antigen presenting capacity of dendritic cells from colorectal cancer patientsT Kubota
Department of Digestive Surgery, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, 465 Kajii cho, Kawaramachi Hirokoji, Kamigyo ku, Kyoto 602 0841, Japan
Br J Cancer 86:1257-61. 2002b>Cimetidine, a H(2) receptor antagonist, has been reported to improve survival in gastrointestinal cancer patients...
- Whole-body physiologically based pharmacokinetic population modelling of oral drug administration: inter-individual variability of cimetidine absorptionStefan Willmann
Bayer Technology Services GmbH, Leverkusen, Germany
J Pharm Pharmacol 61:891-9. 2009..To predict the expected range of pharmacokinetic plasma concentrations after oral drug administration, a physiologically based pharmacokinetic population model for gastrointestinal transit and absorption was developed and evaluated...
- Inhibition of adhesion breast cancer cells by anticoagulant drugs and cimetidineV Bobek
3rd Faculty of Medicine, Charles University Department of Radiotherapy and Oncology, University Hospital Kralovske Vinohrady, 100 34 Prague, Czech Republic
Neoplasma 50:148-51. 2003Recent studies suggest that anticoagulant drugs and cimetidine therapy in malignancy may improve cancer survival and inhibit the metastatic process...
- Human breast cancer resistance protein: interactions with steroid drugs, hormones, the dietary carcinogen 2-amino-1-methyl-6-phenylimidazo(4,5-b)pyridine, and transport of cimetidinePetr Pavek
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology and Research Center, Charles University in Prague, Faculty of Pharmacy, Hradec, Kralove, The Czech Republic
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 312:144-52. 2005..We also identified the H(2)-receptor antagonist drug cimetidine as a novel efficiently transported substrate for human BCRP and mouse Bcrp1...
- Inhibition of zaleplon metabolism by cimetidine in the human liver: in vitro studies with subcellular fractions and precision-cut liver slicesA B Renwick
TNO BIBRA International Ltd, Woodmansterne Road, Carshalton, Surrey SM5 4DS, UK
Xenobiotica 32:849-62. 20021. The effect of cimetidine on the metabolism of zaleplon (ZAL) in human liver subcellular fractions and precision-cut liver slices was investigated. 2...
- Simultaneous determination of cimetidine, famotidine, nizatidine, and ranitidine in tablets by capillary zone electrophoresisS M Wu
School of Pharmacy, College of Pharmacy, Kaohsiung Medical University, ROC, Taiwan
Electrophoresis 22:2758-62. 2001A simple capillary zone electrophoresis (CZE) method is described for the simultaneous determination of cimetidine (CIM), famotidine (FAM), nizatidine (NIZ), and ranitidine (RAN)...
- Comparison of in situ gelling formulations for the oral delivery of cimetidineS Miyazaki
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Health Science University of Hokkaido, Ishikari-Tohbetsu, 061-0293, Hokkaido, Japan
Int J Pharm 220:161-8. 2001..formulations with in situ gelling properties have been assessed for their potential for the oral delivery of cimetidine. The formulations were dilute solutions of: (a) enzyme-degraded xyloglucan, which form thermally reversible gels ..
- Preparation of a cimetidine ion-selective electrode and its application to pharmaceutical analysisMojtaba Shamsipur
Department of Chemistry, Razi University, Kermanshah, Iran
J Pharm Biomed Anal 27:867-72. 2002A novel cimetidine ion-selective electrode is prepared, characterized and used in pharmaceutical analysis. The electrode incorporates PVC-membrane with cimetidine-phospohotungstate ion pair complex...
- Gastroprotective activity of Trichosanthes cucumerina in ratsL D A M Arawwawala
Industrial Technology Institute, Bauddhaloka Mawatha, Colombo, Sri Lanka
J Ethnopharmacol 127:750-4. 2010..The aim of the present study was to scientifically investigate whether Trichosanthes cucumerina Linn (Family: Cucurbitaceae) has gastroprotective activity...
- Histaminergic signaling in the central nervous system of Daphnia and a role for it in the control of phototactic behaviorMatthew D McCoole
Department of Toxicology, College of Pharmacy, University of Louisiana at Monroe, 700 University Avenue, Monroe, LA 71209, USA
J Exp Biol 214:1773-82. 2011..Exposure of D. magna to cimetidine, an H2 receptor antagonist known to block both hclA and hclB in D...
- Involvement of human multidrug and toxin extrusion 1 in the drug interaction between cimetidine and metformin in renal epithelial cellsMasahiro Tsuda
Department of Pharmacy, Kyoto University Hospital, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 329:185-91. 2009..In the present study, therefore, we assessed the drug interaction between cimetidine and metformin with double-transfected Madin-Darby canine kidney cells stably expressing both hOCT2 and hMATE1 as ..
- Effect of histamine and cimetidine on retinal and choroidal blood flow in humansHemma Resch
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Medical University of Vienna, Wahringer Gurtel 18 20, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 289:R1387-91. 2005..min(-1) over 30 min) was infused intravenously in the absence (NaCl as placebo) or presence of the H2 blocker cimetidine (2.3 mg/min over 50 min)...
- Cimetidine in painful bladder syndrome: a histopathological studyP Dasgupta
Department of Urology, Peterborough Hospitals NHS Trust, Edith Cavell Hospital, Peterborough, UK
BJU Int 88:183-6. 2001To determine whether oral cimetidine, which reportedly improves symptoms in 60-70% of patients with painful bladder syndrome/interstitial cystitis has a similar mechanism of action on the human bladder and involving a similar peptidergic ..
- Accelerated metabolism of voriconazole and its partial reversal by cimetidineBrad Moriyama
NIH Clinical Center Pharmacy Dept, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 53:1712-4. 2009..Target voriconazole levels were restored with high dosages of voriconazole (up to 40 mg/kg of body weight/day) and the addition of cimetidine as a cytochrome P450 enzyme inhibitor.
- Functional characteristics of two human MATE transporters: kinetics of cimetidine transport and profiles of inhibition by various compoundsKin ya Ohta
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Nagoya City University, Nagoya 467 8603, Japan
J Pharm Pharm Sci 12:388-96. 2009..Information about functional characteristics of them has been accumulating, but still insufficient to fully understand their functions and respective roles. The present study was conducted to help clarify them...
- Cimetidine use and the risk for prostate cancer: results from the VITAL cohort studyChristine M Velicer
Department of Epidemiology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Ann Epidemiol 16:895-900. 2006The histamine-2 (H(2)) blocker cimetidine may alter androgen, zinc, and prolactin levels, which could alter prostate cancer risk. Increased risk for men filling more than 20 cimetidine prescriptions was reported previously...
- CC12, a high-affinity ligand for [3H]cimetidine binding, is an improgan antagonistLindsay B Hough
Center for Neuropharmacology and Neuroscience, Albany Medical College MC 136, 47 New Scotland Avenue, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Neuropharmacology 52:1244-55. 2007Improgan, a chemical congener of cimetidine, is a highly effective non-opioid analgesic when injected into the CNS...
- Comparison of combination of cimetidine and levamisole with cimetidine alone in the treatment of recalcitrant wartsD Parsad
Department of Dermatology, Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences, Jolly Grant, Dehradun, India
Australas J Dermatol 40:93-5. 1999..Drugs like cimetidine and levamisole have been tried with varying success rates...
- No dose adjustment on coadministration of the PDE4 inhibitor roflumilast with a weak CYP3A, CYP1A2, and CYP2C19 inhibitor: an investigation using cimetidineGabriele M Böhmer
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University Hospital of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
J Clin Pharmacol 51:594-602. 2011..in clinical development for the treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, and the histamine 2 agonist cimetidine. Participants received roflumilast, 500 µg once daily, on days 1 and 13...
- Phase-II trial of combination treatment of interferon-α, cimetidine, cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitor and renin-angiotensin-system inhibitor (I-CCA therapy) for advanced renal cell carcinomaManabu Tatokoro
Department of Urology, Tokyo Medical and Dental University Graduate School, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer Sci 102:137-43. 2011We have recently reported favorable responses to a combination treatment comprising cimetidine, a cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitor and a renin-angiotensin-system inhibitor in metastatic renal cell carcinoma (RCC)...
- Cimetidine prevents suppression of delayed hypersensitivity in an animal model of haemorrhagic shockPeter MacD Hewitt
Department of Surgery, Cancer Research Laboratories, University of New South Wales and St George Hospital, NSW 2217, Sydney, Australia
Injury 33:673-8. 2002b>Cimetidine reverses immunosuppression following trauma, however, its effect on pure haemorrhagic shock is unknown.
- Acute pancreatitis and the role of histamine-2 receptor antagonists: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials of cimetidineTakeshi Morimoto
Department of General Medicine and Clinical Epidemiology, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Japan
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 14:679-86. 2002..However, most of the studies on this topic have involved only a few patients, demonstrating no beneficial effect but without harm. To clarify this matter, a meta-analysis was conducted to assess the efficacy of H2RAs...
- Favorable response to combination treatment of cimetidine, cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitor and renin-angiotensin system inhibitor in metastatic renal cell carcinoma: Report of three casesManabu Tatokoro
Department of Urology, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
Int J Urol 15:848-50. 2008We report three cases of metastatic renal cell carcinoma (RCC) in which combination treatment of cimetidine, cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitor and renin-angiotensin system inhibitor (angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor or angiotensin II type ..
- Enhanced ERbeta immunoexpression and apoptosis in the germ cells of cimetidine-treated ratsEstela Sasso-Cerri
Department of Morphology, Laboratory of Histology and Embryology, Dental School of São Paulo State University, Rua Humaita, 1680, CEP 14801 903, Araraquara São Paulo, Brazil
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 7:127. 2009b>Cimetidine, refereed as antiandrogenic drug, causes hormonal changes in male patients such as increased testosterone and FSH levels...
- Comparative effects of adjuvant cimetidine and omeprazole during pancreatic enzyme replacement therapyM J Bruno
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Dig Dis Sci 39:988-92. 1994..adjuvant omeprazole further improves the efficacy of pancreatic enzyme replacement therapy compared to adjuvant cimetidine and that excluding the influence of pH-related factors, by virtually complete inhibition of gastric acid ..
- Pharmacokinetics of alogliptin when administered with food, metformin, or cimetidine: a two-phase, crossover study in healthy subjectsA Karim
Takeda Global Research and Development Center, Inc, 675 North Field Drive, Lake Forest, IL 60045, USA
Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther 48:46-58. 2010..investigated (1) the effect of food on alogliptin pharmacokinetics and tolerability and (2) pharmacokinetic interactions between alogliptin and metformin or cimetidine and tolerability of alogliptin when administered with either drug.
- The effect of multiple doses of cimetidine on the steady-state pharmacokinetics of quetiapine in men with selected psychotic disordersStephen M Strakowski
Bipolar and Psychotic Disorders Research Program, Department of Psychiatry, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Ohio 45267 0559, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 22:201-5. 2002..The principal aim of the study was to investigate the effect of multiple doses of cimetidine, a nonspecific P450 inhibitor, on the steady-state pharmacokinetics of quetiapine...
- In situ demonstration of both TUNEL-labeled germ cell and Sertoli cell in the cimetidine-treated ratsE Sasso-Cerri
Department of Morphology, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Histol Histopathol 17:411-7. 2002b>Cimetidine has caused dysfunction in the male reproductive system. In the rat testis, intratubular alterations and loss of peritubular tissue due to peritubular myoid cell death by apoptosis have been recently shown...
- Combined cimetidine and temozolomide, compared with temozolomide alone: significant increases in survival in nude mice bearing U373 human glioblastoma multiforme orthotopic xenograftsFlorence Lefranc
Department of Neurosurgery, Erasmus University Hospital, Belgium
J Neurosurg 102:706-14. 2005..Therefore, the authors combined cimetidine, an antiinflammatory agent already proven to act against migrating epithelial cancer cells, with temozolomide to ..
- The effect of cimetidine or omeprazole on the pharmacokinetics of escitalopram in healthy subjectsD Malling
H Lundbeck A S, Valby, Denmark
Br J Clin Pharmacol 60:287-90. 2005To investigate the effects of co-administration of cimetidine or omeprazole on the pharmacokinetics of escitalopram.
- Pharmacokinetic interactions of the oral renin inhibitor aliskiren with lovastatin, atenolol, celecoxib and cimetidineW Dieterle
Drug Disposition Consultants, Lörrach, Germany
Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther 43:527-35. 2005..This study investigated the interaction profile of aliskiren, which is of clinical importance because hypertensive patients often require concomitant drug therapy for associated comorbidities...
- Cimetidine, an unexpected anti-tumor agent, and its potential for the treatment of glioblastoma (review)Florence Lefranc
Department of Neurosurgery, Erasmus University Hospital, Brussels, Belgium
Int J Oncol 28:1021-30. 2006b>Cimetidine (CIM), the prototypical histamine H2 receptor antagonist (H2RA), was brought to market based on its ability to accelerate healing of gastrointestinal ulcers through the inhibition of gastric acid secretion...
- Interactions of human- and rat-organic anion transporters with pravastatin and cimetidineSuparat Khamdang
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Kyorin University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Pharmacol Sci 94:197-202. 2004..elucidated the interactions of human and rat organic anion transporters (hOATs and rOATs) with pravastatin and cimetidine. Pravastatin inhibited hOAT1/rOAT1, hOAT2/rOAT2, hOAT3/rOAT3, and hOAT4...
- Influence of aging on gastric ulcer healing activities of cimetidine and omeprazoleMasashi Ishihara
Laboratory of Analytical Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Meijo University, 150 Yagotoyama, Tenpaku ku, Nagoya 468 8503, Japan
Eur J Pharmacol 444:209-15. 2002In this study, we compared the effects of cimetidine and omeprazole on the healing of acetic acid-induced gastric ulcers in 8-, 48-, and 96-week-old rats...
- Comparative treatment of alpha-amanitin poisoning with N-acetylcysteine, benzylpenicillin, cimetidine, thioctic acid, and silybin in a murine modelTri C Tong
University of California San Diego Medical Center, Division of Medical Toxicology, Department of Emergency Medicine, San Diego, CA 92103, USA
Ann Emerg Med 50:282-8. 2007..We compare the effectiveness of 5 potential antidotal therapies in limiting the degree of hepatonecrosis in a randomized, controlled, murine model of amatoxin-induced hepatotoxicity...
- Morphological evidences indicate that the interference of cimetidine on the peritubular components is responsible for detachment and apoptosis of Sertoli cellsEstela Sasso-Cerri
Laboratory of Histology and Embryology Department of Morphology, Dental School of São Paulo State University UNESP, Araraquara, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 6:18. 2008b>Cimetidine, referred as antiandrogenic agent, has caused alterations in the seminiferous tubules, including alterations in the peritubular tissue and death of myoid cells by apoptosis...
- OCT2 polymorphisms and in-vivo renal functional consequence: studies with metformin and cimetidineZhi Jun Wang
School of Pharmacy, Faculty of Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong
Pharmacogenet Genomics 18:637-45. 2008..variations of the OCT2 gene in the Chinese population and (ii) investigate the potential functional significance of OCT2 polymorphisms using metformin (an OCT2 substrate) alone or in the presence of its transport inhibitor (cimetidine).
- Combination therapy of ecabet sodium and cimetidine compared with cimetidine alone for gastric ulcer: prospective randomized multicenter studyHiroaki Murata
Department of Internal Medicine and Therapeutics, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 1 7 Yamada oka, Suita City, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 18:1029-33. 2003..The aim of the present study was to assess its additive benefit in combination with cimetidine for gastric ulcer.
- Effects of the prenatal administration of cimetidine on testicular descent and genital differentiation in ratsShono Takeshi
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Reproductive and Developmental Medicine, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Surgery 131:S301-5. 2002b>Cimetidine has been shown to induce gonadal and sexual dysfunction in men. This study aimed to clarify the effect of cimetidine on testicular descent and genital development in utero.
- Morphological alterations and intratubular lipid inclusions as indicative of spermatogenic damage in cimetidine-treated ratsE Sasso-Cerri
Department of Morphology, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
Arch Androl 46:5-13. 2001Doses of cimetidine (50 mg/kg b/w) were administered to adult male Wistar rats over 52 consecutive days...
- Effects of rifampicin and cimetidine on pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of lamotrigine in healthy subjectsU Ebert
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Technical University Dresden, Germany
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 56:299-304. 2000..system and of specific isoforms of the uridine 5'-diphosphate(UDP)-glucuronyl-transferase enzyme system, and cimetidine, a known inhibitor of the hepatic microsomal cytochrome P450 enzyme system, on pharmacokinetics and ..
- Concomitant use of mirtazapine and cimetidine: a drug-drug interaction study in healthy male subjectsJ M Sitsen
N V Organon, Oss, The Netherlands
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 56:389-94. 2000The objective of this study was to examine the pharmacokinetics and the tolerability/safety of mirtazapine and cimetidine separately and in combination following oral administration of multiple doses.
- Cimetidine inhibits nitric oxide associated nitrate production in a soft-tissue inflammation model in the horseR P Hunter
Department of Veterinary Physiology, School of Veterinary Medicine, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge 70803, USA
J Vet Pharmacol Ther 22:136-47. 1999b>Cimetidine (CIM) is an H2-receptor antagonist that has been used in racehorses in an attempt to reduce the occurrence of stress-related gastric ulceration...
- Effect of cimetidine on intratumoral cytokine expression in an experimental tumorK Takahashi
Department of Physiological Chemistry, Kyoto University, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto, 606-8501, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 281:1113-9. 2001..In this model, distinct tumor growth was observed around 6 days after inoculation. Daily administration of cimetidine (0.12 mg/kg/day) significantly suppressed the increases in tumor volume and weight...
- Effect of omeprazole and cimetidine on plasma diazepam levelsT Andersson
Research Laboratories, AB Hässle, Molndal, Sweden
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 39:51-4. 1990The effects of steady state dosing with omeprazole and cimetidine on plasma diazepam levels have been studied in 12 healthy males. Single doses of diazepam (0.1 mg.kg-1 i.v...
- Prevention of vinorelbine phlebitis with cimetidine. A two-step design studyM Vassilomanolakis
2nd Department of Medical Oncology, St Savas, Oncology Hospital Athens, Greece
Support Care Cancer 9:108-11. 2001..To prevent these 25 patients against further venous toxicity, we pretreated them with cimetidine 200 mg i.v. prior to VNR administration in subsequent cycles of chemotherapy...
- Does cimetidine improve prospects for cancer patients?. A reappraisal of the evidence to dateC P Siegers
Department of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, Medical University of Lubeck, Germany
Digestion 60:415-21. 1999Evidence first appeared in 1988 that cimetidine as an adjuvant may improve the survival of severely ill gastro-intestinal cancer patients when given peri- or postoperatively...
- Oral cimetidine gives effective symptom relief in painful bladder disease: a prospective, randomized, double-blind placebo-controlled trialR Thilagarajah
Urology Unit, St. Mary's Hospital, London, UK
BJU Int 87:207-12. 2001OBJECTIVE: To evaluate the efficacy of oral cimetidine as a treatment for painful bladder disease (PBD, variously described as a 'symptom complex' of suprapubic pain, frequency, dysuria and nocturia in the absence of overt urine infection)..
- Short-term prevention of osteoclastic resorption and osteopenia in ovariectomized rats treated with the H(2) receptor antagonist cimetidineP Lesclous
Laboratoire de Biologie et Physiopathologie Cranio faciales, Groupe Physiopathologie Osseuse, Faculte de Chirurgie Dentaire, Universite Rene Descartes Paris 5, Montrouge, France
Bone 30:131-6. 2002..we found that histamine inhibition prevented periosteal bone resorption in rats, we tested the hypothesis that cimetidine, an H(2) receptor antagonist, prevents the osteoclastic burst and subsequent trabecular bone loss in this ..
- AGE-RELATED GASTRIC CHANGES AND DRUG ABSORPTIONAryeh Hurwitz; Fiscal Year: 1993..of both drugs is markedly reduced at pH above 5 and their absorption is depressed by achlorhydria induced by cimetidine or ranitidine. Both drugs are quite safe and their pharmacokinetics have been well defined in man...
- ORAL DRUG DELIVERY AND BIOAVAILABILITY--AIDSGordon Amidon; Fiscal Year: 1993..and compare the estimated extent and variation of absorption with the observed results for ddI, foscarnet, cimetidine, and furosemide or nadolol; (2) extend the transport model for drug dissolution into surfactant solutions to ..
- DRUG METABOLISM BY INTESTINAL FLAVIN MONOOXYGENASESROSITA PROTEAU; Fiscal Year: 2001..Reports indicate that intestinal FMO is present in rabbits and rats. Recently, FMO-mediated sulfoxidation of cimetidine using human intestinal microsomes is the first study to suggest that FMO is present in the human intestine...
- FORMATION AND METABOLISM OF NITROSAMINES IN PIGSPeter Magee; Fiscal Year: 1991..to yield dimethylnitrosamine on nitrosation, disulfiram reported to yield diethylnitrosamine, piperazine, and cimetidine which can be nitrosated to yield a methylating mutagen...
- CALCIUM CHANNEL BLOCKERS--KINETICS, ACTION & METABOLISMSTEPHEN BAI; Fiscal Year: 1992..interacting drugs that will be used will be the beta receptor blocker propranolol, and the H2 - receptor blocker cimetidine. In addition, the effects of steady-state dosing of each of the calcium channel blockers have on the ..
- HISTAMINE, IL-1 & NITRIC OXIDE IN WERNICKE LESIONSPHILIP LANGLAIS; Fiscal Year: 2002..lesions of the histaminergic tuberomammillary nucleus, administration of mepyramine (H1 receptor antagonist) or cimetidine (H2 receptor antagonist); ii) inhibition of both neuronal nitric oxide synthase (nNOS), using 7-nitroindazole (i...
- Phospho-valproic acid for pancreatic cancer preventionBasil Rigas; Fiscal Year: 2013..Remarkably, when given in combination with cimetidine, a clinically available antiulcer compound, P-V prevented 100% of pancreatic tumors in the same animal model...
- HYPEROXIA, DRUG ANTIOXIDANTS & LUNG MACROPHAGE INTEGRITYMichael Sherman; Fiscal Year: 1990..We postulate that 1) cimetidine prevents oxidant injury by decreasing hydrogen peroxide production via the cytochrome P-450 oxygenase system, ..
- TRANSPORT GENE EXPRESSION AND DRUG ACCUMULATION IN MILKPatrick McNamara; Fiscal Year: 2004..While most drugs gain access to milk by diffusion, we have found that the accumulation of nitrofurantoin and cimetidine is many-fold greater than predicted by diffusion models...
- CHARACTERIZATION OF HUMAN LIVER CYTOCHROMES P450Judy Raucy; Fiscal Year: 1992..We will examine the mechanisms involved in ethanol induction, 7,8 benzoflavone (ANF) stimulation and cimetidine inhibition...
- CALCIUM CHANNEL BLOCKERS IN BREAST CANCER ETIOLOGYJanet Daling; Fiscal Year: 2001..b>cimetidine, anti-depressants, lipid lowering drugs) frequently used by women in this age group.
- Oramelts with DGL: Treatment of Minor RAUMichael Martin; Fiscal Year: 2004..If these claims are verified in clinical trials, Orahealth Corporation will take the product to market, providing health benefits to the 20% of people who suffer from minor recurrent aphthous ulcers. ..
- PANCREATIC CONTROL BY HISTAMINECharles Liebow; Fiscal Year: 1980..one-third that of cholecystokinin and is inhibited by the histamine antagonist (H-1) mephyramine but not cimetidine (anti-H2). H-1 antagonists, 2-thiazolylethylamine and triazole produce dose response curves similar to histamine...
- EPITHELIAL RENEWAL IN PEPTIC AND NEOPLASTIC DISORDERSGREGORY EASTWOOD; Fiscal Year: 1980..to study the effects of various agents on gastroduodenal epithelial proliferation to include ethanol and cimetidine. Finally, we will, by use of organ culture methods, study epithelial proliferation in biopsy material from ..
- IVIVC MODEL FOR RENAL DRUG CLEARANCEThomas Dowling; Fiscal Year: 2005..The main research questions are: 1) Can an in vitro model be used to describe drug transport for the probes cimetidine and PAH, 2) Does a correlation exist between drug transport rate in vitro and renal drug clearance in vivo?, and ..
- NA+ REABSORPTION AND H+ ION SECRETION RENAL MECHANISMSDavid Warnock; Fiscal Year: 1999..the kinetics (cations, cytosolic pH sensitivity, cooperativity), and inhibitor sensitivity (amiloride analogues, cimetidine) will be carried out. D. To define the tissue specific expression of amiloride-resistant NHE isoforms...
- CYTOCHROME P450 AND LUNG IN HUMAN PRETERM INFANTSROBERT COTTON; Fiscal Year: 2000..Aim 1 is to determine if the cyt P-450 inhibitor cimetidine will reduce early lung injury, as reflected by pulmonary gas exchange, in human premature infants at risk for ..
- HISTAMINERGIC MECHANISMS OF ANTINOCICEPTIONLINDSAY HOUGH; Fiscal Year: 2009..Radioligand binding studies with 3H-cimetidine will test the hypothesis that this ligand binds to the brain improgan receptor...
- NON-OPIOID ANALGESICS DERIVED FROM IMPROGANLINDSAY HOUGH; Fiscal Year: 2006..These experiments will help to discover the mechanism of action of this novel class of agents, and lead to the development of new pharmacotherapies for pain. ..
- Neural circuitry of improgran analgesiaMary M Heinricher; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Migraine headache and central pain facilitating systemsMary M Heinricher; Fiscal Year: 2010..This idea is attractive because a central dysfunction could potentially explain the multiple triggers for migraine attached, as well as the range of associated symptoms, including nausea and aversion to light and sound. ..
- Interleukin-1Beta in Central Pain Modulating CircuitsMary Heinricher; Fiscal Year: 2004..In providing additional tools to manipulate these systems, this work may ultimately lead to improved clinical treatment of pain. ..
- Supraspinal prostaglandins and descending controlMary Heinricher; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Medullary Circuitry of Opioid AnalgesiaMary Heinricher; Fiscal Year: 2006..The proposed work should advance our understanding of central processes involved in bi-directional pain modulation, and should ultimately lead to improved clinical treatment of pain. ..
- EPIDEMIOLOGY OF SMOKING CESSATION--GENETIC INFLUENCESMARY ROSSING; Fiscal Year: 2002..In the future, such knowledge may allow the identification of subgroups of individuals who are most likely to benefit from particular pharmacologic interventions. ..
- GLUTATHIONE AND MITOCHONDRIA IN TOXIC RENAL INJURYLawrence Lash; Fiscal Year: 2003..This information may have therapeutic applications for prevention of renal cellular injury or for understanding mitochondrial diseases or age-related decreases that occur in mitochondrial function. ..
- Pharmacogenetics of MethadoneC Devane; Fiscal Year: 2003..This study will form the basis for subsequent studies which should provide a more rational basis for dosing of methadone in pregnant addicts. ..
- Effect of Urban Form on Exercise and BMI in Black WomenPatricia Coogan; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed study has the potential to provide such evidence and to impact policy in the domains of both transportation/urban planning and public health. ..
- MOLECULAR ORGANIZATION OF RENAL ORGANIC CATION TRANSPORTStephen Wright; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies will be essential for development of models that accurately predict and, ideally, preempt unwanted interactions of cationic drugs in both the kidney and liver. ..
- GI MUCOSAL BARRIER IN HEALTH AND SURGICAL DISEASESusan Hagen; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- HEPATIC DRUG ELIMINATION IN PREGNANCYMary Vore; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Mechanisms of Ductus Arteriosus RegulationJOHN JEFFREY REESE; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will examine new roles for prostaglandins and their relationship with other vasoactive mediators during development. ..
- Molecular Organization or Renal Organic Anion TransportStephen H Wright; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Steroid Hormone Genes and Ovarian Cancer RiskMary Anne Rossing; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed study, by expanding our knowledge of the role of progestogens, estrogens, and androgens in the development of ovarian cancer, will inform efforts to develop effective strategies to prevent this disease. ..
- Roche Real-Time Polymerase Chain Reaction Workflow SystemMary Vore; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PROLACTIN AND BILE SECRETORY FUNCTIONMary Vore; Fiscal Year: 2007..The high burden of disease related to elevated cholesterol makes this a highly significant and compelling opportunity. ..
- MOLECULAR TOXICOLOGY IN HUMAN KIDNEY CELLSLawrence Lash; Fiscal Year: 2007..Achievement of these aims should build on our previous work in human kidney cells and extend it to provide a much more complete understanding of the various and complex ways in which DCVC affects the human kidney [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- RENAL TRANSPORT OF ORGANIC CHELATORS OF HEAVY METALSStephen Wright; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposed studies will result in a new, general model of the cellular strategy for secretion of a diverse array of xenobiotic OAs, and a more specific understanding of the action of heavy metal chelators on renal cells. ..
- A MICROSURGICAL INVESTIGATION OF GASTRIC ACID SECRETIONJohn Geibel; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- CASE CONTROL STUDY OF STATIN USE AND LARGE BOWEL CANCERPatricia Coogan; Fiscal Year: 2004..S. men and women are high, an inverse association would be of considerable public health importance. Moreover, it would shed light on a mechanism of colon carcinogenesis. ..
- PROSTAGLANDIN SIGNALING IN FEMALE REPRODUCTIONJohn Reese; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results of these experiments will enhance the understanding of maternal-fetal PG signaling, and are likely to provide new insights into premature or dysfunctional labor in women. ..
- ACETABULAR BONE LOSS AFTER PROSTHETIC HIP ARTHROPLASTYR Looney; Fiscal Year: 2005..In addition, DNA and serum samples from all subjects studied in this proposal will be banked. ..
- Interleukin and the Magnocellular Neuroendocrine SystemJoan Summy Long; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- ENZYME DEFECTS IN DISORDERS OF PROTOPORPHYRIN METABOLISMJoseph Bloomer; Fiscal Year: 2005..The proposal thus is designed to define a critical relationship between FECH gene expression and phenotype in EPP which will lead to better genetic counseling and therapy. ..
- Epidemiology of Ovarian Cancer:New HypothesesMARY ROSSING; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Confocal Microscope for the BIDMC Imaging Core FacilitySusan Hagen; Fiscal Year: 2006..The instrumentation is requested because no like equipment is currently available to members of the major or minor user groups within the applicant institution or in the Longwood Medical area. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Use of Antidepressants and Risk of Breast CancerMARY ROSSING; Fiscal Year: 2003..g., SSRIs or tricyclics), and individual drugs such as fluoxetine and paroxetine. Use of the pharmacy database will provide unbiased and complete exposure data relative to previous studies based on self-reported drug use. ..
- HEPATIC DRUG ELIMINATION IN PREGNANCYMary Vore; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PGP Regulation of Antipsychotic Exposure and EffectsC Devane; Fiscal Year: 2008..The results of this research will provide support for translational studies in humans to refine treatment guidelines for the use of this class of medications in severely mentally ill patients. ..