Summary: An antiprotozoal agent used to combat coccidial infections of swine, cattle, fowl, and other veterinary animals. Also used in controlling outbreaks of fowl typhoid and fowl cholera and in treatment of infectious enteritis.
- Simultaneous determination of 17 sulfonamides and the potentiators ormetoprim and trimethoprim in salmon muscle by liquid chromatography with tandem mass spectrometry detectionRoss A Potter
Canadian Food Inspection Agency, Dartmouth Laboratory, PO Box 1060, Dartmouth, NS, B3B 1Y9, Canada
J AOAC Int 90:343-8. 2007..sulfamethazine (SMZ), sulfamethoxypyridazine (SMP), sulfamonomethoxine (SMM), sulfachloropyridazine (SCP), sulfaquinoxaline (SQX), and sulfadimethoxine (SDM)] and 2 potentiators [ormetoprim (OMP) and trimethoprim (TMP)] in fish ..
- Sulfaquinoxaline inhibition of vitamin K epoxide and quinone reductaseP C Preusch
Department of Chemistry, University of Akron, Ohio 44325
Arch Biochem Biophys 269:18-24. 1989b>Sulfaquinoxaline (N1-(2-quinoxalinyl)sulfanilamide) has been shown to be a potent (Ki = 1 microM) freely reversible inhibitor of the dithiothreitol-dependent reduction of both vitamin K epoxide and vitamin K quinone by rat liver ..
- Interaction between lead toxicity and some sulphonamides in rabbits: effect on certain blood constituents and serum enzymesM Atef
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Cairo University, Giza, Egypt
Dtsch Tierarztl Wochenschr 101:187-90. 1994..On the other hand, AST/ALT ratio in both healthy and lead intoxicated rabbits was found to decrease 1 h after the last dose as compared with before treatment...
- Determination of 10 sulfonamide residues in meat samples by liquid chromatography with ultraviolet detectionMarcello Di Sabatino
University of Bologna, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Via Belmeloro 6, 40126 Bologna, Italy
J AOAC Int 90:598-603. 2007..sulfadimidine, sulfamethizole, sulfamonomethoxine, sulfachloropyridazine, sulfadoxine, sulfadimethoxine, and sulfaquinoxaline. The residues were extracted with acetone-chloroform (1 + 1)...
- Determination of sulfonamides in soil samples based on alumina-coated magnetite nanoparticles as adsorbentsLei Sun
College of Chemistry, Jilin University, 2699 Qianjin Street, Changchun, Jilin 130012, China
Anal Chim Acta 665:185-92. 2010..sulfamethoxazole (SMX), sulfamonomethoxine (SMM), sulfamethoxydiazine (SMD), sulfadimethoxine (SDM) and sulfaquinoxaline (SQX) in different soil samples based on magnetic solid-phase extraction (MSPE)...
- Determination of dimetridazole and ipronidazole in feeds at cross-contamination levelsD D Hughes
Food and Drug Administration, Kansas City, MO 64106
J Assoc Off Anal Chem 71:474-7. 1988..Carbadox, furazolidone, levamisole, oxytetracycline, chlortetracycline, sulfamethazine, sulfaquinoxaline, arsanilic acid, piperazine, penicillin, and commonly added vitamins and minerals do not interfere...
- Use of capillary electrophoresis with laser-induced fluorescence detection to screen and liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry to confirm sulfonamide residues: validation according to European Union 2002/657/ECRodrigo Barcellos Hoff
Programa de Pós Graduação em Biologia Celular e Molecular, Centro de Biotecnologia do Estado do Rio Grande do Sul, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
J Chromatogr A 1216:8254-61. 2009..for determining six sulfonamides (SAs) (sulfadiazine, sulfathiazole, sulfamethazine, sulfamethoxazole, sulfaquinoxaline and sulfadimethoxine) in liver by a capillary electrophoresis screening method and a liquid chromatography ..
- Analysis of sulfonamides in environmental water samples based on magnetic mixed hemimicelles solid-phase extraction coupled with HPLC-UV detectionLei Sun
College of Chemistry, Jilin University, 2699 Qianjin Street, Changchun 130012, China
Chemosphere 77:1306-12. 2009..SAs) compounds including sulfamethoxazole (SMX), sulfamethoxydiazine (SMD), sulfadimethoxine (SDM) and sulfaquinoxaline (SQX) from environmental water samples...
- Kinetic modelling and residue depletion of drugs in eggsP Hekman
Medicines Evaluation Board, Veterinary Medicines Unit, Den Haag, The Netherlands
Br Poult Sci 52:376-80. 2011..The model could be used as a tool to obtain an insight into those properties of a drug which are responsible for the amount of residue in eggs, and could help in the design of critical studies for determining withdrawal periods for eggs...
- A landmark contribution to poultry science--prophylactic control of coccidiosis in poultryH D Chapman
Department of Poultry Science, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville 72701, USA
Poult Sci 88:813-5. 2009quot;Continuous feeding of low concentrations of sulfaquinoxaline for the control of coccidiosis in poultry" by L. C. Grumbles, J. P. Delaplane, and T. C. Higgins [Poult. Sci...
- The toxicity of sulfamethazine to Daphnia magna and its additivity to other veterinary sulfonamides and trimethoprimMarco De Liguoro
Department of Public Health, Comparative Pathology and Veterinary Hygiene, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Padua, Agripolis, I 35020 Legnaro PD, Italy
Chemosphere 75:1519-24. 2009..86 mgL(-1)). In acute binary tests SMZ showed a complex interaction with sulfaquinoxaline (superadditivity, additivity or subadditivity) at the three different combination ratios tested, simple ..
- Trace determination of sulfonamides residues in meat with a combination of solid-phase microextraction and liquid chromatography-mass spectrometryKuan Hui Lu
Department of Chemistry, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung, Taiwan, ROC
Talanta 72:1082-7. 2007..STZ), sulfamerazine (SMR), sulfamethazine (SMT), sulfamonomethoxine (SMMX), sulfamethoxazole (SMXZ), sulfaquinoxaline (SQX) and sulfadimethoxine (SDMX), were investigated in this study...
- History of the discovery of sulfaquinoxaline as a coccidiostatWilliam C Campbell
Research Institute for Scientists Emeriti, Drew University, Madison, New Jersey 07901, USA
J Parasitol 94:934-45. 2008b>Sulfaquinoxaline played an important part in the demotion of roast chicken from vaunted Sunday-dinner status to an unrespected position on the everyday menu of the Western world...
- Use of experimental design and effective mobility calculations to develop a method for the determination of antimicrobials by capillary electrophoresisMónica Cecília Vargas Mamani
Institute of Chemistry, Department of Analytical Chemistry, University of Campinas UNICAMP, P O Box 6154, 13084 971 Campinas, SP, Brazil
Talanta 76:1006-14. 2008..chloramphenicol (CLP), danofloxacin (DANO), ciprofloxacin (CIPRO), enrofloxacin (ENRO), sulfamethazine (SMZ), sulfaquinoxaline (SQX) and sulfamethoxazole (SMX) is described...
- Simultaneous analysis of 16 sulfonamide and trimethoprim antibiotics in environmental waters by liquid chromatography-electrospray tandem mass spectrometryHong Chang
College of Urban and Environmental Sciences, Peking University, Beijing 100871, China
J Chromatogr A 1190:390-3. 2008..08 (sulfadimethoxine)-161 ng/L (sulfapyridine) in wastewater and 10 (0.03 (sulfamethizol)-8.9 ng/L (sulfaquinoxaline) in river samples were detected.
- Application of liquid-liquid-liquid microextraction and high-performance liquid-chromatography for the determination of sulfonamides in waterChe Yi Lin
Department of Chemistry, National Tsing Hua University, Hsinchu 30013, Taiwan
Anal Chim Acta 612:37-43. 2008..method also confirms microextraction to be robust to monitoring trace levels of sulfacetamide, sulfadiazine, sulfathiazole, sulfamerazine, sulfadimidine, sulfamonomethoxine, sulfamethoxazole, and sulfaquinoxaline in aqueous samples.
- [Determination of 12 sulfonamides in cosmetics by ultra performance liquid chromatography]Hehui Zheng
Beijing Center for Disease Prevention and Control, Beijing 100013, China
Se Pu 25:238-40. 2007..sulfamethoxazole, sulfadiazine, sulfisoxazole, sulfathiazole, sulfadi-methoxine, sulfamerazine, sulfaquinoxaline, sulfamethazine, sulfanitran) in cosmetics was developed by ultra performance liquid chromatography with ..
- Determination of residues of sulphonamide in eggs and laying hensShazia Tabassum
Department of Chemistry GC University Faisalabad, Pakistan
Pak J Pharm Sci 20:199-202. 2007..In another experiment, a group of hens were kept at a poultry farm after medicating them with darvisal liquid to see if the residues of sulphonamide pass into the eggs of poultry. The period of existence of residues was noted...
- Validation of an analytical method to determine sulfamides in kidney by HPLC-DAD and PARAFAC2 with first-order derivative chromatogramsI Garcia
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Sciences, Pza Misael Banuelos s n, 09001 Burgos, Spain
Anal Chim Acta 587:222-34. 2007..HPLC-DAD): sulfadiazine, sulfamethazine, sulfamethoxypyridazine, sulfamethoxazole, sulfadimethoxine and sulfaquinoxaline. Two main difficulties arose in identifying and quantifying the analytes...
- Multiresidue determination of sulfonamides in edible catfish, shrimp and salmon tissues by high-performance liquid chromatography with postcolumn derivatization and fluorescence detectionTheresa A Gehring
Division of Biochemical Toxicology, U S Food and Drug Administration, National Center for Toxicological Research, Jefferson, AR 72079, USA
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 840:132-8. 2006..sulfachloropyridazine (SCP), sulfamonomethoxine, sulfadoxine, sulfamethoxazole, sulfadimethoxine (SDM), and sulfaquinoxaline (SQX)) residues in edible catfish, shrimp and salmon tissues was developed and validated at 5, 10 or 20 ng g(-..
- Development and validation of a confirmatory method for the determination of sulphonamides in milk by liquid chromatography with diode array detectionValentina Gamba
Istituto Zooprofilattico Sperimentale della Lombardia e dell Emilia Romagna, B Ubertini, Via Bianchi 9, 25124 Brescia, Italy
Anal Chim Acta 637:18-23. 2009..sulfadiazine, sulfapyridine, sulfamerazine, sulfamethazine, sulfamonomethoxine, sulfadimethoxine and sulfaquinoxaline) in milk samples was developed and validated...
- Determination of ten sulphonamides in egg by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometryA F Forti
Istituto Zooprofilattico Sperimentale dell Abruzzo e del Molise G Caporale, Via Campo Boario, 64100 Teramo, Italy
Anal Chim Acta 637:214-9. 2009..sulfamethoxypyridazine, sulfachloropyridazine, sulfamethoxazole, sulfamonomethoxine, sulfadimethoxine and sulfaquinoxaline) in egg by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) has been developed...
- Analytical method for simultaneous determination of pesticide and veterinary drug residues in milk by CE-MSCristina Blasco
Laboratori de Bromatologia, Facultat de Farmacia, Universitat de Valencia, Burjassot, Valencia, Spain
Electrophoresis 30:1698-707. 2009..of veterinary drugs (ciprofloxacin, enrofloxacin, sulfacetamide, sulfabenzamide, sulfachlorpyridazine, sulfaquinoxaline, sulfathiazole, sulfisoxazole), whose contents are regulated by the EU Council Regulations no...
- Development of a quantitative multiclass/multiresidue method for 21 veterinary drugs in shrimpHui Li
U S Food and Drug Administration, Center for Veterinary Medicine, Office of Research, Laurel, MD 20708, USA
J AOAC Int 94:394-406. 2011..sulfonamides (sulfadiazine, sulfamerazine, sulfamethazine, sulfachloropyridazine, sulfadimethoxine, and sulfaquinoxaline); tetracyclines (oxytetracycline, tetracycline, and chlortetracycline); (fluoro)quinolones (norfloxacin, ..
- Occurrence and source apportionment of sulfonamides and their metabolites in Liaodong Bay and the adjacent Liao River basin, North ChinaAi Jia
Laboratory for Earth Surface Processes, College of Urban and Environmental Sciences, Peking University, Beijing, China
Environ Toxicol Chem 30:1252-60. 2011..4%) were the main chemicals from human sources, while sulfamonomethoxine, sulfamethazine, sulfaquinoxaline, sulfaguanidine, sulfadiazine, sulfanilamide, and sulfamethoxypyridazine were dominant in the animal ..
- Occurrence of veterinary antibiotics in animal wastewater and surface water around farms in Jiangsu Province, ChinaRuicheng Wei
Jiangsu Provincial Key Laboratory of Animal Derived Food Safety, Nanjing 210014, China
Chemosphere 82:1408-14. 2011..63 μg L(-1) for sulfadoxine, 39.5 μg L(-1) for doxycycline and 0.64 μg L(-1) for sulfaquinoxaline were determined in the collected samples...
- Multiresidue analysis of sulfonamides in meat by supramolecular solvent microextraction, liquid chromatography and fluorescence detection and method validation according to the 2002/657/EC decisionEsther María Costi
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Sciences, University of Cordoba, Edificio Anexo Marie Curie, Campus de Rabanales, 14071 Cordoba, Spain
J Chromatogr A 1217:6250-7. 2010..sulfamethoxypyridazine, sulfachloropyridazine, sulfadoxine, sulfamethoxazole, sulfadimethoxine and sulfaquinoxaline) in animal muscle tissues (pork, chicken, turkey, lamb and beef) at concentrations below the maximum residue ..
- Utilizing three monoclonal antibodies in the development of an immunochromatographic assay for simultaneous detection of sulfamethazine, sulfadiazine, and sulfaquinoxaline residues in egg and chicken muscleYancheng Guo
State Key Laboratory of Agricultural Microbiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan 430070, P R China
Anal Chem 82:7550-5. 2010..was developed and validated for simultaneous detection of sulfamethazine (SM(2)), sulfadiazine (SDZ), and sulfaquinoxaline (SQX) in chicken breast muscle and egg samples...
- Evaluation of the aquatic toxicity of two veterinary sulfonamides using five test organismsMarco De Liguoro
Dipartimento di Sanita Pubblica, Patologia Comparata e Igiene Veterinaria, Facolta di Medicina Veterinaria, Universita degli Studi di Padova, Agripolis, I 35020 Legnaro, PD, Italy
Chemosphere 81:788-93. 2010The aquatic toxicity of sulfaquinoxaline (SQO) and sulfaguanidine (SGD) was evaluated on the following test organisms: Daphnia magna (reproduction test), Pseudokirchneriella subcapitata, Scenedesmus dimorphus, Synecococcus leopoliensis (..
- A confirmatory method for the simultaneous extraction, separation, identification and quantification of Tetracycline, Sulphonamide, Trimethoprim and Dapsone residues in muscle by ultra-high-performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry accordMark McDonald
Central Meat Control Laboratory, Department of Agriculture, Backweston Campus, Celbridge, Co Kildare, Ireland
J Chromatogr A 1216:8110-6. 2009..sulfamethoxypyridazine, sulfamonomethoxine, sulfachlorpyridazine, dapsone, sulfamethoxazole, sulfisoxazole, sulfaquinoxaline and sulfadimethoxine. Samples are extracted with 0...
- Studies on the extraction of sulfonamides from agricultural soilsJ Raich-Montiu
Departament de Quimica Analitica, Universitat de Barcelona, Marti i Franques 1, 08028, Barcelona, Spain
Anal Bioanal Chem 397:807-14. 2010..of six sulfonamides (sulfadiazine, sulfadimidine, sulfathiazole, sulfachloropiridazine, sulfadimethoxine, and sulfaquinoxaline) from soils with different physicochemical characteristics and at several aging times was investigated...
- Comparison of several extraction techniques for multiclass analysis of veterinary drugs in eggs using ultra-high pressure liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometryAntonia Garrido Frenich
Group Analytical Chemistry of Contaminants, Department of Analytical Chemistry, Almeria University, E 04071 Almeria, Spain
Anal Chim Acta 661:150-60. 2010..The solvent extraction procedure was validated, obtaining recoveries ranging from 60% (sulfaquinoxaline) to 119% (levamisole) with repeatability values (expressed as relative standard deviations, RSDs) lower than ..
- Fast and selective extraction of sulfonamides from honey based on magnetic molecularly imprinted polymerLigang Chen
College of Chemistry, Jilin University, 2699 Qianjin Street, Changchun 130012, China
J Agric Food Chem 57:10073-80. 2009..including sulfadiazine, sulfamerazine, sulfamethoxydiazine, sulfamonomethoxine, sulfadimethoxine, sulfamethoxazole and sulfaquinoxaline in different honey samples. The recoveries of SAs in these samples from 67.1% to 93.6% were obtained.
- On-line coupling of dynamic microwave-assisted extraction to solid-phase extraction for the determination of sulfonamide antibiotics in soilLigang Chen
College of Chemistry, Jilin University, Changchun 130012, China
Anal Chim Acta 648:200-6. 2009..for the determination of sulfonamides (SAs) including sulfadiazine, sulfameter, sulfamonomethoxine and sulfaquinoxaline in soil...
- Rapid separation and highly sensitive detection methodology for sulfonamides in shrimp using a monolithic column coupled with BDD amperometric detectionHaruthai Sangjarusvichai
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Chulalongkorn University, Patumwan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
Talanta 79:1036-41. 2009..sulfaguanidine, sulfadiazine, sulfamethazine, sulfamonomethoxine, sulfamethoxazole, sulfadimethoxine and sulfaquinoxaline)...
- Development of a high performance liquid chromatography method and a liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry method with the pressurized liquid extraction for the quantification and confirmation of sulfonamides in the foods of animal originHuan Yu
MOA Key Laboratory of Food Safety Evaluation National Reference Laboratory of Veterinary Drug Residues HZAU, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan, Hubei 430070, China
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 879:2653-62. 2011..sulfachloropyridazine, sulfamethoxazole, sulfamonomethoxine, sulfadoxine, sulfaclozine, sulfadimethoxine, sulfaquinoxaline in the muscles, livers and kidneys of swine, bovine and chicken were developed and validated...
- [Determination of residual sulfonamides in meat by high performance liquid chromatography with solid-phase extraction]Yan Zhang
College of Science, China Agricultural University, Beijing 100094, China
Se Pu 23:636-8. 2005..such as sulfamethazine (SM2), sulfamonomethoxine (SMM), sulfamethiazole (SMZ), sulfadimethoxine (SDM) and sulfaquinoxaline (SQ) in pork and chicken using solid-phase extraction (SPE) and high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) ..
- [Qualification and quantification of 10 sulfonamides in animal feedstuff by high performance liquid chromatography-electrospray tandem mass spectrometry]Yan Qin
Guangzhou Entry and Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau, Guangzhou 510623, China
Se Pu 23:397-400. 2005..sulfamethoxypyridazine (SMP), sulfamethoxazole (SMZ), sulfamonomethoxine (SMM), sulfadimethoxine (SDM) and sulfaquinoxaline (SQX)...
- Determination of sulfonamide residues in the tissues of food animals using automated precolumn derivatization and liquid chromatography with fluorescence detectionCraig D C Salisbury
Canadian Food Inspection Agency, Centre for Veterinary Drug Residues, 116 Veterinary Rd, Saskatoon, SK, Canada
J AOAC Int 87:1264-8. 2004..of sulfachloropyridazine, sulfadiazine, sulfadimethoxine, sulfadoxine, sulfaethoxypyridazine, sulfamethazine, sulfaquinoxaline, and sulfathiazole residues in the muscle, liver, and kidney of food animals using sulfapyridine as internal ..
- Decreasing profile of residual sulphaquinoxaline in eggsN Furusawa
Faculty of Human Life Science, Osaka City University, Japan
Br Poult Sci 39:241-4. 1998..4. Biological half-life of SQ in the whole egg was estimated to be 1.23 d. 5. From the above equation, SQ residue of whole egg laid at 9th d after withdrawal will be below the detection limit of 0.01 mg/kg...
- Monodrug efficacies of sulfonamides in prophylaxis for Pneumocystis carinii pneumoniaW T Hughes
Department of Infectious Diseases, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 40:962-5. 1996..and sulfadimethoxine per kg per day, as little as 10 mg of sulfameter, sulfachlorpyridazine, and sulfaquinoxaline per kg per day; and 100 mg of sulfaguanidine and sulfanilamide per kg per day...
- Comparison of supercritical CHF3 and CO2 and methanol-modified CHF3 and CO2 for extraction of sulfonamides from chicken liverM Ashraf-Khorassani
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Department of Chemistry, Blacksburg 24061, USA
J AOAC Int 79:1043-9. 1996....
- Kinetic behaviour of sulphaquinoxaline and amprolium in chickensM G El-Sayed
Pharmacology Department, Fac of Vet Med Moshtohor, Benha
Dtsch Tierarztl Wochenschr 102:481-5. 1995..11 +/- 0.14 h respectively. Sulphaquinoxaline and its N4 acetyl metabolite disappeared from all body tissues at 120 hours, however amprolium persisted in most tissues for 72 hours after the last dose of repeated administrations...
- Comparative plasma and tissue pharmacokinetics and drug residue profiles of different chemotherapeutants in fowls and rabbitsT Li
Pharmacology and Toxicology Program, Northeast Agricultural University, Harbin, China
J Vet Pharmacol Ther 18:260-73. 1995..Ceftriaxone (CEF), intravenously at 50 mg/kg, sulfamonomethoxine (SMM) and sulfaquinoxaline (SQ), orally at 200 mg/kg, and olaquindox (OLA), orally at 50 mg/kg, were administered to young broilers...
- Stability of sulfaquinoxaline, sulfadimethoxine, and their N4-acetyl derivatives in chicken tissues during frozen storageO W Parks
U S Department of Agriculture, Eastern Regional Research Center, Agricultural Research Service, Philadelphia, PA 19118
J AOAC Int 77:486-8. 1994The N4-acetyl derivatives of sulfaquinoxaline and sulfadimethoxine were stable in fortified chicken liver and thigh muscle tissues during frozen storage for 1 year at -20 and -70 degrees C...
- Confirmation of sulfonamide residues in kidney tissue by liquid chromatography-mass spectrometryS Porter
Analytical Chemistry Unit, Central Veterinary Laboratory, Addlestone, Surrey, UK
Analyst 119:2753-6. 1994..Although sulfonamides can be determined using a single quadrupole mass spectrometer with pseudo-MS-MS, advantages in interfacing to a tandem mass spectrometer are demonstrated...
- Hypoprothrombinemia secondary to administration of sulfaquinoxaline to dogs in a kennel settingT M Neer
Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge 70803
J Am Vet Med Assoc 200:1344-5. 1992b>Sulfaquinoxaline, a coccidiostat readily available to the public, was mixed in the drinking water for this purpose by the owner. Secondary to its use, a bleeding disorder attributable to hypoprothrombinemia developed in several dogs...
- Experimental and field sulfaquinoxaline toxicosis in Leghorn chickensB M Daft
University of California, Davis
Avian Dis 33:30-4. 1989Mortality of 47% occurred in a commercial flock of 20-week-old leghorn pullets treated with 0.05% sulfaquinoxaline in the feed. The drug was given for 2-3 days, removed for 2 days, and fed again for 2-3 days...
- Immunosuppressive properties of chloroquinoxaline sulfonamideR F Branda
Department of Medicine, University of Vermont, Burlington 05401
Biochem Pharmacol 38:3521-6. 1989..In all of these drug effects, CQS was approximately one to two logs more potent than the parent compound, sulfaquinoxaline (SQ). These studies indicate that CQS inhibits essential basic processes in human lymphocytes...
- Tissue sulfonamide concentration and correlation in turkeysR L Epstein
USDA, Food Safety and Inspection Service, Chemistry Division, Washington, DC 20250
Am J Vet Res 50:926-8. 1989Nineteen hen turkeys (10 to 12 kg each) were used in a feeding study to determine sulfadimethoxine and sulfaquinoxaline concentrations in blood serum, liver, and skeletal muscle, as well as the respective ratios at selected withdrawal ..
- Chemotherapy of caecal coccidiosis: efficacy of toltrazuril, sulphaquinoxaline/pyrimethamine and amprolium/ethopabate, given in drinking water, against field isolates of Eimeria tenellaH D Chapman
Institute for Animal Health, Houghton Laboratory, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire
Res Vet Sci 46:419-20. 1989..Few oocysts of E tenella were produced in birds medicated with sulphaquinoxaline/pyrimethamine or amprolium/ethopabate and none in those medicated with toltrazuril...
- Transferring profile of dietary sulphaquinoxaline into eggsN Furusawa
Faculty of Human Life Science, Osaka City University, Japan
Zentralbl Veterinarmed A 45:225-8. 1998..After 4 days of SQ feeding, the SQ content in the homogenized eggs reached a plateau at 0.0292.x (= 0.007318.4x) ppm. This equation permits to predict SQ content in the eggs...
- Multiresidue supercritical fluid extraction method for the recovery at low ppb levels of three sulfonamides from fortified chicken liverR J Maxwell
U S Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Eastern Regional Research Center, Wyndmoor, PA 19038, USA
J Chromatogr B Biomed Sci Appl 715:431-5. 1998..High recoveries of sulfamethazine (SMZ), sulfadimethoxine (SDM) and sulfaquinoxaline (SQX) were obtained from chicken liver samples fortified at levels from 1000 to 50 ppm.
- Validation of a confirmatory method for the determination of sulphonamides in muscle according to the European Union regulation 2002/657/ECIvan Pecorelli
Istituto Zooprofilattico Sperimentale dell Umbria e delle Marche, Via Salvemini, Perugia 1 06126, Italy
J Chromatogr A 1032:23-9. 2004..sulfapyridine, sulfamerazine, sulfamethazine, sulfamonomethoxine, sulfachlorpyridazine, sulfamethoxazole, sulfaquinoxaline and sulfadimethoxine) in muscle samples...
- Determination of sulfonamide residues in eggs by liquid chromatographyNaoto Furusawa
Osaka City University, Faculty of Human Life Science, Osaka, Japan
J AOAC Int 85:848-52. 2002..antibacterials such as sulfamethazine (SMZ), sulfamonomethoxine (SMM), sulfadimethoxine (SDM), and sulfaquinoxaline (SQ) in eggs using liquid chromatography with a photodiode array detector...
- Comparison of ion-pairing and ion-suppressing liquid chromatographic methods for the determination of pyrimethamine and ormetoprim in chicken feedShih Yuh Lin
National Institute for Animal Health, Council of Agriculture, Tansui, Taipei, Taiwan
J Chromatogr Sci 40:331-6. 2002..Sulfamonomethoxine, sulfadimethoxine, sulfaquinoxaline, trimethoprim, amprolium, clopidol, and nicarbazin do not interfere with the detection of PYR or OMT...
- High-performance liquid chromatographic procedure for routine residue monitoring of seven sulfonamides in milkN Furusawa
Faculty of Human Sciences, Osaka City University, Osaka, Japan
Fresenius J Anal Chem 371:1031-3. 2001..SMR), sulfadimidine (SDD), sulfamonomethoxine (SMM), sulfamethoxazole (SMX), sulfadimethoxine (SDM), and sulfaquinoxaline (SQ)) in milk using high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) with a photodiode array detector is ..
- Matrix solid-phase dispersion extraction and high-performance liquid chromatographic determination of residual sulfonamides in chickenK Kishida
Graduate School of Human Life Science, Osaka City University, Japan
J Chromatogr A 937:49-55. 2001..sulfonamides (SAs) sulfadiazine, sulfadimidine, sulfamonomethoxine, sulfamethoxazole, sulfadimethoxine and sulfaquinoxaline in chicken using matrix solid-phase dispersion (MSPD) with neutral aluminium oxide as an MSPD sorbent and ..
- Effects of clopidol on sporulation and infectivity of Eimeria tenella oocystsA Arakawa
Department of Veterinary Science, College of Agriculture, University of Osaka Prefecture, Japan
Vet Parasitol 38:55-60. 1991..Monensin, salinomycin, lasalocid, amprolium plus ethpabate, amporolium plus ethopabate plus sulfaquinoxaline, clopidol, or nicarbazin were given to chickens continuously via the feed at the recommended use level or one-..
- [Simultaneous determination of nine sulfonamide residues in milk using solid phase extraction and high performance liquid chromatography]Yinliang Wu
Quality Control and Inspection Center for Domestic Animal Products, Ministry of Agriculture, Beijing 100026, China
Se Pu 25:728-31. 2007..sulfamethoxypyridazine, sufamonomethoxine, sulfachloropyridazine, sulfamethoxazole, sulfadimethoxine and sulfaquinoxaline) in milk was developed...
- Application of ion-exchange cartridge clean-up in food analysis. V. Simultaneous determination of sulphonamide antibacterials in animal liver and kidney using high-performance liquid chromatography with ultraviolet and mass spectrometric detectionY Ito
Aichi Prefectural Institute of Public Health, Nagoya, Japan
J Chromatogr A 898:95-102. 2000..sulfisozole, sulfamonomethoxine, sulfamethoxazole, sulfisoxazole, sulfadimethoxine, and sulfaquinoxaline) in animal liver and kidney was developed using a combination of clean-up on a Bond Elut PSA cartridge and ..
- Tissue concentrations of sulphaquinoxaline administered in the food of laying hensN Furusawa
Faculty of Human Life Science, Osaka City University, Osaka, Japan
Br Poult Sci 39:683-5. 1998..4. The plateau values of SQ in the tissues were much greater than those of sulphamonomethoxine and sulphadimethoxine...
- Tissue residues of some sulphonamides in normal and Eimeria stiedai infected rabbitsA H Atta
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Cairo University, Giza, Egypt
Dtsch Tierarztl Wochenschr 106:295-8. 1999..1 g/g) in the liver and kidney and lower levels in other tissues. A withdrawal period of 4 days for SDZ and 5 days for SDD and SQ in healthy rabbits and 7 days for SDZ and 8 days for SDD and SQ in E. stiedai infected rabbits is suggested...
- Simultaneous determination of sulfaquinoxaline, sulfamethazine and pyrimethamine by liquid chromatographyJ J Berzas Nevado
Departamento de Química Analítica y Tecnología de Alimentos, Facultad de Ciencias Quimicas, Universidad de Castilla La Mancha, Ciudad Real, Spain
J Chromatogr A 870:169-77. 2000A liquid chromatography method is described to determine sulfaquinoxaline (SQX), sulfamethazine (SMT), and pyrimethamine (PMT), by using a Kromasil C18 column and a 40 mM NaH2PO4 buffer solution, containing 10 mM NaClO4 (pH 3...
- Quantitative determination of sulfonamide residues in foods of animal origin by high-performance liquid chromatography with fluorescence detectionG Stoev
Central Laboratory for Veterinary Control and Ecology, Sofia, Bulgaria
J Chromatogr A 871:37-42. 2000..The recovery for mix meat spiked with 1, 5 and 10 microg/kg of sulfonamides averaged 64%, 68% and 75%, respectively. Limits of quantitation were 1 microg/kg for sulfaquinoxaline and 0.5 microg/kg for the remaining sulfonamides.
- Determination of eight sulfonamides in bovine kidney by liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometry with on-line extraction and sample clean-upN Van Eeckhout
Laboratory of Food Analysis, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Ghent University, Harelbekestraat 72, 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 14:2331-8. 2000..The method has been validated for sulfadimethoxine, sulfaquinoxaline, sulfamethazine, sulfamerazine, sulfathiazole, sulfamethoxazole, sulfadiazine and sulfapyridine...
- Cellular pharmacology of chloroquinoxaline sulfonamide and a related compound in murine B16 melanoma cellsR F Branda
Department of Medicine, University of Vermont, Burlington 05405
Biochem Pharmacol 37:4557-64. 1988Chloroquinoxaline sulfonamide (CQS), a chlorinated derivative of sulfaquinoxaline (SQ), inhibited proliferation of murine B16 melanoma cells, but only when relatively high drug concentrations (1 mM) were used...
- Coccidiosis: a radiological study of sulphaquinoxaline distribution in infected and uninfected chickensR B Williams
Wellcome Research Laboratories, Berkhamsted Hill, Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire, UK
J Vet Pharmacol Ther 18:172-9. 1995..tenella coincided with an overall 3.5-fold sustained increase of SQ concentration in chick tissues. An updated hypothesis including these new observations for the anticoccidial mode of action of SQ in chickens is expounded...
- Stability of sulfonamide antibiotics in spiked pig liver tissue during frozen storageG K Thomas
Australian Government Analytical Laboratories, Cottesloe, Western Australia
J AOAC Int 80:988-95. 1997..maximum residue limit) of each of sulfathiazole, sulfachlorpyridazine, sulfadimidine (sulfamethazine), sulfaquinoxaline, and sulfadimethoxine...
- Determination of 14C residue in eggs of laying hens administered orally with [14C] sulfaquinoxalineB Shaikh
FDA CVM Office of Research, 8401 Muirkirk Road, Laurel, MD 20708, USA
Food Addit Contam 21:545-54. 2004Ten layer hens were dosed for 5 consecutive days with 6.2 mg kg(-1) [14C] sulfaquinoxaline (SQX). Eggs were collected from the hens during the 5-day dosing period and during a 10-day post-dose withdrawal period...
- Binding profile of spiramycin to oviducal proteins of laying hensN Furusawa
Faculty of Human Life Science, Osaka City University, Osaka, 558 8585, Japan
J Vet Med A Physiol Pathol Clin Med 47:585-91. 2000..Of plasma, M-S9 and IS-S9, variation in SP concentration in the ranges from 1 to 20 micrograms/ml did not alter the binding properties of the drug...