Genomes and Genes
Summary: Semisynthetic thienamycin that has a wide spectrum of antibacterial activity against gram-negative and gram-positive aerobic and anaerobic bacteria, including many multiresistant strains. It is stable to beta-lactamases. Clinical studies have demonstrated high efficacy in the treatment of infections of various body systems. Its effectiveness is enhanced when it is administered in combination with CILASTATIN, a renal dipeptidase inhibitor.
Publications269 found, 100 shown here
- Novel carbapenem-hydrolyzing beta-lactamase, KPC-1, from a carbapenem-resistant strain of Klebsiella pneumoniaeH Yigit
Hospital Infections Program, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 45:1151-61. 2001A Klebsiella pneumoniae isolate showing moderate to high-level imipenem and meropenem resistance was investigated. The MICs of both drugs were 16 microg/ml...
- Emergence of oxacillinase-mediated resistance to imipenem in Klebsiella pneumoniaeLaurent Poirel
Service de Bacteriologie Virologie, Universite Paris XI, Hopital de Bicetre, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Faculte de Medecine Paris Sud, 94275 Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 48:15-22. 2004..The beta-lactamase OXA-48 hydrolyzed imipenem at a high level and was remotely related (less than 46% amino acid identity) to the other oxacillinases...
- Consumption of imipenem correlates with beta-lactam resistance in Pseudomonas aeruginosaPhilipp M Lepper
Section of Hospital Hygiene, Department of Medical Microbiology and Hygiene, Ulm University Hospital, Germany
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:2920-5. 2002..aeruginosa strains per month were isolated without epidemic clustering. Prescriptions of imipenem varied significantly during the study period, while prescriptions of other antipseudomonal agents were stable, ..
- Molecular typing and resistance mechanisms of imipenem-non-susceptible Klebsiella pneumoniae in Taiwan: results from the Taiwan surveillance of antibiotic resistance (TSAR) study, 2002-2009Ling Ma
National Institute of Infectious Diseases and Vaccinology, National Health Research Institutes, Miaoli County, Taiwan, ROC
J Med Microbiol 62:101-7. 2013We investigated the molecular mechanisms and clonality of imipenem-non-susceptible Klebsiella pneumoniae isolates collected during a Taiwan national surveillance programme, between 2002 and 2009...
- Imipenem: a potent inducer of multidrug resistance in Acinetobacter baumanniiHan Yueh Kuo
Department of Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital Hsin Chu Branch, Hsin Chu City, Taiwan
Int J Antimicrob Agents 39:33-8. 2012This study investigated the progression of multidrug resistance upon exposure to imipenem in Acinetobacter baumannii. Eighteen A...
- Antibiotic susceptibility of Burkholderia pseudomallei from tropical northern Australia and implications for therapy of melioidosisA W Jenney
Infectious Diseases Unit, Royal Darwin Hospital, Darwin, NT 0810, Australia
Int J Antimicrob Agents 17:109-13. 2001..Of these 163 (96%) were susceptible to meropenem/imipenem, ceftazidime, trimethoprim-sulphamethoxazole (SMX/TMP) and doxycycline...
- Antimicrobial resistance determinants in imipenem-nonsusceptible Acinetobacter calcoaceticus-baumannii complex isolated in Daejeon, KoreaJi Youn Sung
Department of Biomedical Laboratory Science, Far East University, Eumseong, Korea
Korean J Lab Med 31:265-70. 2011..In the present study, we investigated the integrons and various genes involved in resistance to carbapenems, aminoglycosides, and fluoroquinolones in 56 imipenem-nonsusceptible Acb complex isolates.
- Characterization of a nosocomial outbreak caused by a multiresistant Acinetobacter baumannii strain with a carbapenem-hydrolyzing enzyme: high-level carbapenem resistance in A. baumannii is not due solely to the presence of beta-lactamasesG Bou
Servicio de Microbiologia, Hospital Ramon y Cajal, 28034 Madrid, Spain
J Clin Microbiol 38:3299-305. 2000..29 inpatients at Ramón y Cajal Hospital, Madrid, Spain, were determined to be either colonized or infected with imipenem- and meropenem-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii (IMRAB) strains (MICs, 128 to 256 microg/ml)...
- Ertapenem: no effect on aerobic gram-negative susceptibilities to imipenemDebra A Goff
College of Pharmacy, The Ohio State University Medical Center, Department of Pharmacy, 410 West 10th Ave, 368 Doan Hall, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Infect 57:123-7. 2008To describe any potential effect on in vitro susceptibility to imipenem for aerobic gram-negative bacteria following the addition of ertapenem to the formulary of a large teaching hospital.
- Unexpected inhibition of peptidoglycan LD-transpeptidase from Enterococcus faecium by the beta-lactam imipenemJean Luc Mainardi
INSERM, U872, LRMA Pôle 4, Equipe 12 F 75006 Paris, France
J Biol Chem 282:30414-22. 2007..Here, we unexpectedly show that imipenem, a beta-lactam of the carbapenem class, totally inhibited Ldt(fm) at a low drug concentration that was sufficient ..
- In vitro activity of MK-7655, a novel β-lactamase inhibitor, in combination with imipenem against carbapenem-resistant Gram-negative bacteriaElizabeth B Hirsch
University of Houston College of Pharmacy, Houston, Texas, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 56:3753-7. 2012..We investigated the combined killing activity of imipenem and MK-7655 against four imipenem-resistant bacterial strains, using a mathematical model previously evaluated in ..
- Study of the correlation of imipenem resistance with efflux pumps AdeABC, AdeIJK, AdeDE and AbeM in clinical isolates of Acinetobacter baumanniiPan Fei Hou
Department of Clinical Laboratory, Renji Hospital, School of Medicine, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai, PR China
Chemotherapy 58:152-8. 2012To investigate the role of efflux pumps AdeABC, AdeIJK, AdeDE and AbeM in reduced susceptibility to imipenem in clinical isolates of Acinetobacter baumannii.
- Distribution of blaOXA-carrying imipenem-resistant Acinetobacter spp. in 3 hospitals in TaiwanHan Yueh Kuo
Department of Medicine, Hsin Chu General Hospital, Taiwan
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 66:195-9. 2010We investigated the molecular epidemiology and OXA-type carbapenemase genes of 83 imipenem-resistant Acinetobacter spp. collected from 2 university hospitals (hospitals A and B) and a regional hospital (hospital C) during 2007 in Taiwan...
- Impact of imipenem resistance on mortality in patients with Acinetobacter bacteraemiaKi Tae Kwon
Division of Infectious Diseases, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, 50 Irwon dong, Seoul 135 710, Korea
J Antimicrob Chemother 59:525-30. 2007To investigate the impact of imipenem resistance on the mortality rate among patients with Acinetobacter bacteraemia.
- High prevalence of metallo-beta-lactamase and 16S rRNA methylase coproduction among imipenem-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa isolates in BrazilYohei Doi
Division of Infectious Diseases, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Falk Medical Building Suite 3A, 3601 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh PA 15213, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 51:3388-90. 2007Rates of metallo-beta-lactamase and 16S rRNA methylase production were investigated in 51 imipenem-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa clinical isolates collected from hospitals in São Paulo, Brazil...
- Dissemination of imipenem-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii strains carrying the ISAba1 blaOXA-23 genes in a Chinese hospitalHua Zhou
The Key Laboratory of Infectious Disease of Public Health Ministry, First Affiliated Hospital, College of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang 310003, China
J Med Microbiol 56:1076-80. 2007An outbreak of 95 clinical infections with imipenem-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii in a Chinese hospital was investigated and the carbapenemase-encoding genes and their relationship with ISAba1 of these and a further 16 isolates ..
- Bacteremia due to Klebsiella pneumoniae isolates producing the TEM-52 extended-spectrum beta-lactamase: treatment outcome of patients receiving imipenem or ciprofloxacinAndrea Endimiani
Laboratorio di Microbiologia, Ospedale di Circolo and Università dell Insubria, Varese, Italy
Clin Infect Dis 38:243-51. 2004..disease" using the McCabe and Jackson classification, were investigated with regard to ciprofloxacin and imipenem response...
- Risk factors for acquisition of imipenem-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii: a case-control studySang Oh Lee
Division of Infectious Diseases, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Center for Antimicrobial Resistance and Microbial Genetics, University of Ulsan, Seoul, Korea
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 48:224-8. 2004Risk factors for the nosocomial occurrence of imipenem-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii (IRAB) were determined. A case-control study design was used for a comparison of two groups of A. baumannii-positive patients with control patients...
- Biofilm formation in Acinetobacter baumannii: associated features and clinical implicationsJ Rodríguez-Baño
Seccion de Enfermedades Infecciosas, Hospital Universitario Virgen Macarena, Sevilla, Spain
Clin Microbiol Infect 14:276-8. 2008..Fifty-six (63%) isolates formed biofilm. These isolates were less frequently resistant to imipenem or ciprofloxacin than were non-biofilm-forming isolates (25% vs. 47%, p 0.04; and 66% vs. 94%, p 0...
- Acinetobacter baumannii ventilator-associated pneumonia: epidemiological and clinical findingsJose Garnacho-Montero
Intensive Care Unit, Hospital Universitario Virgen del Rocio, 41013 Seville, Spain
Intensive Care Med 31:649-55. 2005To investigate prognostic factors and predictors of Acinetobacter baumannii isolation in ventilator-associated pneumonia (VAP). We specifically analyzed these issues for imipenem-resistant episodes.
- Emergence of high levels of extended-spectrum-beta-lactamase-producing gram-negative bacilli in the Asia-Pacific region: data from the Study for Monitoring Antimicrobial Resistance Trends (SMART) program, 2007Stephen P Hawser
International Health Management Associates Europe Sàrl, 4 Route de la Corniche, 1066 Epalinges, Switzerland
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 53:3280-4. 2009..ESBL-positive E. coli rates were also relatively high in China (55.0%) and Thailand (50.8%). Ertapenem and imipenem were the most active drugs tested, inhibiting over 90% of all species, including ESBL-positive isolates with the ..
- Detection of Pseudomonas aeruginosa producing metallo-beta-lactamases in a large centralized laboratoryJohann D D Pitout
Division of Microbiology, Calgary Laboratory Services, 9, 3535 Research Road NW, Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2L 2K8
J Clin Microbiol 43:3129-35. 2005..Using NCCLS disk methodology, inhibition zone diameters were determined in tests with imipenem (IPM) and meropenem (MEM) disks alone and in combination with 930 microg of EDTA...
- Combination of imipenem and TAK-242, a Toll-like receptor 4 signal transduction inhibitor, improves survival in a murine model of polymicrobial sepsisTakuryu Sha
Pharmacology Research Laboratory, Pharmaceutical Research Division, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, Yodogawa ku, Osaka, Japan
Shock 35:205-9. 2011..Treatment with TAK-242 (10 mg/kg i.v.) in combination with imipenem (1 mg/kg s.c.) 1 h after CLP significantly increased the survival rates of mice from 17% to 50% (P ≤ 0...
- Carbapenem-resistant strain of Klebsiella oxytoca harboring carbapenem-hydrolyzing beta-lactamase KPC-2Hesna Yigit
Bristol Myers Squibb Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Wallingford, Connecticut 06492, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 47:3881-9. 2003We investigated a Klebsiella oxytoca isolate demonstrating resistance to imipenem, meropenem, extended-spectrum cephalosporins, and aztreonam. The MICs of both imipenem and meropenem were 32 microg/ml...
- The risk factors for acquisition of imipenem-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa in the burn unitZulal Ozkurt
Department of Clinical Bacteriology and Infectious Diseases, School of Medicine, Ataturk University, Erzurum, Turkey
Burns 31:870-3. 2005This study was conducted to determine the risk factors for acquisition of imipenem-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa (IRPA) in the burn unit.
- In vitro activity of ACH-702, a new isothiazoloquinolone, against Nocardia brasiliensis compared with econazole and the carbapenems imipenem and meropenem alone or in combination with clavulanic acidLucio Vera-Cabrera
Servicio de Dermatologia, Hospital Universitario, Madero y Gonzalitos, Colonia Mitras Centro, Monterrey, NL, Mexico
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 54:2191-3. 2010..125 and 0.5 microg/ml. The same values for econazole were 2 and 4 microg/ml. The MIC(50) and MIC(90) values of imipenem and meropenem were 64 and >64 microg/ml and 2 and 8 microg/ml, respectively; the addition of clavulanic acid ..
- Imipenem-EDTA disk method for differentiation of metallo-beta-lactamase-producing clinical isolates of Pseudomonas spp. and Acinetobacter sppDongeun Yong
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Research Institute of Bacterial Resistance, Yonsei University College of Medicine, 134 Shinchon dong, Seodaemoon ku, Seoul 120 752, Korea
J Clin Microbiol 40:3798-801. 2002..The method using a disk with imipenem plus 750 micro g of EDTA differentiated all MBL-producing pseudomonads, and the sensitivity and specificity for ..
- A multicenter, randomized controlled clinical study on biapenem and imipenem/cilastatin injection in the treatment of respiratory and urinary tract infectionsBei Jia
Infectious Disease Department, First Affiliated Hospital of Chongqing University of Medical Sciences, Chongqing, China
Chemotherapy 56:285-90. 2010Biapenem is an injectable carbapenem antibiotic. A clinical study was designed to evaluate its efficacy and safety in the treatment of respiratory and urinary infections compared to imipenem/cilastatin.
- Imipenem resistance in clinical isolates of Proteus mirabilis associated with alterations in penicillin-binding proteinsC Neuwirth
Laboratoire de Bacteriologie, Hopital Universitaire du Bocage, Dijon, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 36:335-42. 1995Two strains of Proteus mirabilis, IpR1 and IpR2, resistant to both imipenem and mecillinam, but susceptible to other beta-lactams were isolated from blood cultures of patients who had been treated with imipenem...
- Spread of imipenem-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii of European clone II in Western ChinaChao He
Department of Laboratory Medicine, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Sichuan 610041, China
Int J Antimicrob Agents 38:257-60. 2011The aim of this study was to investigate the distribution of resistance genes and the clonal relationship amongst imipenem-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii isolates from ten hospitals in Western China as well as to compare the molecular ..
- The establishment of a Pseudomonas aeruginosa-infected burn-wound sepsis model and the effect of imipenem treatmentYoav Barnea
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Ann Plast Surg 56:674-9. 2006We present a standardized Pseudomonas aeruginosa (PA) infected burn-wound model in mice for evaluating new antimicrobials and therapy strategies for PA infections and demonstrate the effect of the antibiotic imipenem in this model.
- Nosocomial outbreak of imipenem-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa producing VIM-2 metallo-β-lactamase in a kidney transplantation unitS Hammami
Laboratoire Résistance aux Antimicrobiens, Faculté de Médecine de Tunis Université Elmanar, 15 Rue Djebel Akhdhar La Rabta 1007 Bab Saâdoun Tunis, Tunisie
Diagn Pathol 6:106. 2011Twenty four non replicate imipenem resistant P. aeruginosa were isolated between January and November 2008, in the kidney transplantation unit of Charles Nicolle Hospital of Tunis (Tunisia)...
- Use of bacteriophage in the treatment of experimental animal bacteremia from imipenem-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosaJing Wang
Department of Immunology, Tongji Medical College, Wuhan, P R China
Int J Mol Med 17:309-17. 2006..Therefore in the present study, we examined the effectiveness of phages in the treatment of imipenem-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa (IMPR-Pa) infection in an experimental mouse model...
- Susceptibilities of Mycobacterium fortuitum biovar. fortuitum and the two subgroups of Mycobacterium chelonae to imipenem, cefmetazole, cefoxitin, and amoxicillin-clavulanic acidR J Wallace
Department of Microbiology, University of Texas Health Center, Tyler 75710
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 35:773-5. 1991MICs of imipenem, cefoxitin, cefmetazole, and amoxicillin-clavulanic acid were determined against 100 strains of Mycobacterium fortuitum and 200 strains of Mycobacterium chelonae. Imipenem and cefmetazole were more active against M...
- Imipenem resistance in Klebsiella pneumoniae is associated to the combination of plasmid-mediated CMY-4 AmpC β-lactamase and loss of an outer membrane proteinSafia Dahmen
Infections with multiresistant bacteria to antibiotics UR 29 04, Department of Microbiology, University Hospital of Sahloul, Sousse, Tunisia
Microb Drug Resist 18:479-83. 2012This study was conducted to identify the molecular mechanisms of imipenem resistance in a Klebsiella pneumoniae (Kp16137) isolate recovered in August 2008 at the University Hospital Sahloul, Sousse, Tunisia...
- Isolates of β-lactamase-negative ampicillin-resistant Haemophilus influenzae causing invasive infections in Spain remain susceptible to cefotaxime and imipenemSilvia García-Cobos
Antibiotic Laboratory, Servicio de Bacteriologia, Centro Nacional de Microbiologia, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Majadahonda, Madrid, Spain
J Antimicrob Chemother 69:111-6. 2014..Our main goal was to determine whether invasive H. influenzae remains susceptible to β-lactam antibiotics indicated in the treatment of invasive infections...
- Efficacy of rifampin and its combinations with imipenem, sulbactam, and colistin in experimental models of infection caused by imipenem-resistant Acinetobacter baumanniiMaría E Pachón-Ibáñez
Service of Infectious Diseases, Instituto de Biomedicina de Sevilla, Hospitales Universitarios Virgen del Rocio, CSIC, Universidad de Sevilla, Seville, Spain
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 54:1165-72. 2010..We evaluated the efficacy of rifampin, imipenem, sulbactam, colistin, and their combinations against MDR A...
- Risk factors for nosocomial imipenem-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii infectionsGulseren Baran
Department of Infectious Diseases and Clinical Microbiology, Ankara Numune Education and Research Hospital, Talatpasa Bulvari, Ankara, Turkey
Int J Infect Dis 12:16-21. 2008To identify the risk factors for nosocomial imipenem-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii (IRAB) infections.
- Carbapenem resistance in Klebsiella pneumoniae not detected by automated susceptibility testingFred C Tenover
Division of Healthcare Quality Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 12:1209-13. 2006..In this study, 15 blaKPC-positive Klebsiella pneumoniae that showed discrepant results for imipenem and meropenem from 4 New York City hospitals were characterized by isoelectric focusing; broth microdilution (BMD)..
- Plasmid-mediated imipenem-hydrolyzing enzyme KPC-2 among multiple carbapenem-resistant Escherichia coli clones in IsraelShiri Navon-Venezia
Division of Epidemiology, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 50:3098-101. 2006..PCR, sequencing, and Southern blot analysis identified KPC-2 as the imipenem-hydrolyzing enzyme in all four strains, carried on different plasmids with a possible common origin...
- Correlation between biofilm production and multiple drug resistance in imipenem resistant clinical isolates of Acinetobacter baumanniiR Srinivasa Rao
Department of Biotechnology, School of Life Sciences, Pondicherry University, R Venkataraman Nagar, Kalapet, Puducherry, India
Indian J Med Microbiol 26:333-7. 2008..We also verified the association between biofilm and presence of extended spectrum beta-lactamases, particularly, bla PER-1 ...
- Imipenem-resistant Achromobacter xylosoxidans carrying blaVIM-2-containing class 1 integronKyeong Seob Shin
Department of Laboratory Medicine, College of Medicine, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju, 361 711 Republic of Korea
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 53:215-20. 2005We characterized seven isolates of imipenem-resistant Achromobacter xylosoxidans that were isolated from patients hospitalized in the intensive care unit at a tertiary hospital in Korea during 2001 to 2003...
- Clusters of imipenem-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii clones producing different carbapenemases in an intensive care unitA Tsakris
Department of Microbiology, Medical School, University of Athens, Athens, Greece
Clin Microbiol Infect 14:588-94. 2008..2005-March 2007), 31 intensive care unit (ICU) patients in a Greek hospital were infected or colonised with imipenem-resistant isolates of Acinetobacter baumannii. Twelve patients died, with imipenem-resistant A...
- OXA-143, a novel carbapenem-hydrolyzing class D beta-lactamase in Acinetobacter baumanniiPaul G Higgins
Institute for Medical Microbiology, Immunology, and Hygiene, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 53:5035-8. 2009..It hydrolyzed penicillins, oxacillin, meropenem, and imipenem but not expanded-spectrum cephalosporins. The bla(OXA-143) gene was located on a ca. 30-kb plasmid...
- Inhibition of a cold-active alkaline phosphatase by imipenem revealed by in silico modeling of metallo-β-lactamase active sitesSandeep Chakraborty
Department of Biological Sciences, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Homi Bhabha Road, Mumbai 400 005, India
FEBS Lett 586:3710-5. 2012..0 after a 30min preincubation) by a specific β-lactam compound (only by imipenem, and not by ertapenem, meropenem, ampicillin or penicillin G)...
- Differences in phenotypic and genotypic traits against antimicrobial agents between Acinetobacter baumannii and Acinetobacter genomic species 13TUJung Hoon Lee
Department of Microbiology, Kyungpook National University School of Medicine, Daegu 700 422, Republic of Korea
J Antimicrob Chemother 59:633-9. 2007To investigate the differences in antimicrobial susceptibility and resistance mechanisms against imipenem between Acinetobacter baumannii and Acinetobacter genomic species 13TU.
- Efficacy of tachyplesin III, colistin, and imipenem against a multiresistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa strainOscar Cirioni
Clinica delle Malattie Infettive, c o Ospedali Riuniti Ancona, Via Conca 71, 60200 Ancona, AN, Italy
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 51:2005-10. 2007..has been performed to compare the in vitro activity and the in vivo efficacy of tachyplesin III, colistin, and imipenem against a multiresistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa strain...
- Increase of ceftazidime- and fluoroquinolone-resistant Klebsiella pneumoniae and imipenem-resistant Acinetobacter spp. in Korea: analysis of KONSAR study data from 2005 and 2007Kyungwon Lee
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seodaemun gu, Seoul, Korea
Yonsei Med J 51:901-11. 2010..We analyzed antimicrobial resistance data generated by Korean Hospitals and by a commercial laboratory in 2005 and 2007...
- Selection of heterogeneous vancomycin-intermediate Staphylococcus aureus by imipenemYuki Katayama
Department of Bacteriology, Faculty of Medicine, Juntendo University, 2 1 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 53:3190-6. 2009..We previously reported that laboratory mutant H14, obtained from VSSA strain Delta IP by exposure to imipenem (IPM), showed overexpression of the vraSR two-component system and a typical hVISA phenotype...
- Impact of antibiotic restriction on broad spectrum antibiotic usage in the ICU of a developing countryShahla Siddiqui
Department of Anaesthesia, Aga Khan University, Karachi
J Pak Med Assoc 57:484-7. 2007..To reduce rates of nosocomial pneumonia and cost of antibiotic therapy...
- A multicenter trial of the efficacy and safety of tigecycline versus imipenem/cilastatin in patients with complicated intra-abdominal infections [Study ID Numbers: 3074A1-301-WW; ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00081744]Maria E Oliva
Hospital San Martin, Provincia de Entre Rios, Argentina
BMC Infect Dis 5:88. 2005..The efficacy and safety of tigecycline, an expanded broad-spectrum glycylcycline antibiotic, was compared with imipenem/cilastatin (IMI/CIS) in patients with cIAI.
- Isolation of imipenem-resistant Enterobacter species: emergence of KPC-2 carbapenemase, molecular characterization, epidemiology, and outcomesDror Marchaim
Division of Epidemiology, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, 6 Weizmann St, Tel Aviv 64239, Israel
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 52:1413-8. 2008The prevalence of isolation of imipenem-resistant Enterobacter (IRE) strains is rising, with potential serious consequences in terms of patients' outcomes and general care...
- PCR-based DNA fingerprinting (REP-PCR, AP-PCR) and pulsed-field gel electrophoresis characterization of a nosocomial outbreak caused by imipenem- and meropenem-resistant Acinetobacter baumanniiG Bou
Servicio de Microbiologia, Hospital Ramon y Cajal, Madrid, Servicio de Microbiologia, Hospital de Bellvitge, CSUB, Barcelona, Spain
Clin Microbiol Infect 6:635-43. 2000..To demonstrate the usefulness of REP-PCR and AP-PCR on molecular typing of A. baumannii isolates...
- Comparison of tigecycline with imipenem/cilastatin for the treatment of hospital-acquired pneumoniaAntonio T Freire
Santa Casa de Misericórdia de Belo Horizonte, Santa Efigenia, Belo Horizonte MG, Brazil
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 68:140-51. 2010To compare efficacy and safety of a tigecycline regimen with an imipenem/cilastatin regimen in hospital-acquired pneumonia patients, a phase 3, multicenter, randomized, double-blind, study evaluated 945 patients...
- Population pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of continuous versus short-term infusion of imipenem-cilastatin in critically ill patients in a randomized, controlled trialSamir G Sakka
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Friedrich Schiller University of Jena, Jena, Germany
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 51:3304-10. 2007..short-term infusion, results in a superior probability of target attainment as assessed by the fT(>MIC) value of imipenem. In this prospective, randomized, controlled clinical study, patients received either a loading dose of 1 g/1 g ..
- Comparison of imipenem and ceftazidime as therapy for severe melioidosisA J Simpson
Faculty of Tropical Medicine, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Clin Infect Dis 29:381-7. 1999..comparative treatment trial was conducted to compare the therapeutic efficacy of high-dose intravenous imipenem and ceftazidime for acute severe melioidosis...
- Clonal spread of imipenem-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii among different cities of ChinaHua Zhou
The Key Laboratory of Infectious Disease of Public Health Ministry, First Affiliated Hospital, College of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China
J Clin Microbiol 45:4054-7. 2007A total of 342 imipenem-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii isolates (IRABs) were collected from 16 Chinese cities. Six predominant clones had spread widely, and four clones were detected in distant hospitals...
- EDTA susceptibility leading to false detection of metallo-beta-lactamase in Pseudomonas aeruginosa by Etest and an imipenem-EDTA disk methodYiu Wai Chu
Int J Antimicrob Agents 26:340-1. 2005
- Imipenem resistance in Pseudomonas aeruginosa: emergence, epidemiology, and impact on clinical and economic outcomesEbbing Lautenbach
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6021, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 31:47-53. 2010Pseudomonas aeruginosa is one of the most common gram-negative hospital-acquired pathogens. Resistance of this organism to imipenem complicates treatment.
- Growth in glucose-based medium and exposure to subinhibitory concentrations of imipenem induce biofilm formation in a multidrug-resistant clinical isolate of Acinetobacter baumanniiElisabetta Nucleo
Department of Biomolecular Sciences and Biotechnology, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Milano, Italy
BMC Microbiol 9:270. 2009..Acinetobacter baumannii is emerging as an important nosocomial pathogen. Multidrug resistance, as well as ability to withstand environmental stresses, makes eradication of A. baumannii difficult, particularly from hospital settings...
- Simple microdilution test for detection of metallo-beta-lactamase production in Pseudomonas aeruginosaRoberta Migliavacca
Dipartimento di Scienze Morfologiche, Eidologiche e Cliniche, sez di Microbiologia, Universita di Pavia, 27100 Pavia, Italy
J Clin Microbiol 40:4388-90. 2002A microdilution test measuring imipenem MICs in the presence or absence of a mixture of EDTA plus 1,10-phenanthroline was developed and tested on 190 Pseudomonas aeruginosa isolates, including 18 VIM- and 4 IMP-type metallo-beta-lactamase ..
- Widespread occurrence of aminoglycoside resistance due to ArmA methylase in imipenem-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii isolates in ChinaYun Song Yu
J Antimicrob Chemother 60:454-5. 2007
- Epidemiology and impact of imipenem resistance in Acinetobacter baumanniiEbbing Lautenbach
Divisions of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Center for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6021, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 30:1186-92. 2009Acinetobacter baumannii is an emerging gram-negative pathogen that can cause healthcare-acquired infections among patients. Treatment is complicated for cases of healthcare-acquired infection with A. baumannii resistant to imipenem.
- A copper-activated two-component system interacts with zinc and imipenem resistance in Pseudomonas aeruginosaOlivier Caille
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Medicine, Centre Medical Universitaire, University of Geneva, 1 rue Michel Servet, 1211 Geneva 4, Switzerland
J Bacteriol 189:4561-8. 2007..same time caused a decrease in the production of OprD porin, resulting in resistance to the carbapenem antibiotic imipenem. The CzcR regulator was known to repress oprD...
- In vitro activities of amoxicillin-clavulanate, doxycycline, ceftazidime, imipenem, and trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole against biofilm of Brazilian strains of Burkholderia pseudomalleiTereza de Jesus Pinheiro Gomes Bandeira
Specialized Medical Mycology Center, Federal University of Ceara, Fortaleza, Ceara, Brazil
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 57:5771-3. 2013This study aimed at investigating the in vitro activities of amoxicillin-clavulanate, doxycycline, ceftazidime, imipenem, and trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole against Burkholderia pseudomallei in planktonic and biofilm forms, through broth ..
- Molecular characterization of imipenem-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa in Hiroshima, JapanMasaru Ohara
Department of Bacteriology, Hiroshima University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima, Japan
Microbiol Immunol 51:271-7. 2007Pseudomonas aeruginosa showing resistance to imipenem were found in 100 of 1,058 strains (9.5%) from six hospitals (a-f) in Hiroshima City, Japan...
- Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of imipenem during continuous renal replacement therapy in critically ill patientsDouglas N Fish
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Department of Clinical Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy, Campus Box C 238, 4200 East Ninth Avenue, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 49:2421-8. 2005The pharmacokinetics of imipenem were studied in adult intensive care unit (ICU) patients during continuous venovenous hemofiltration (CVVH; n=6 patients) or hemodiafiltration (CVVHDF; n=6 patients)...
- Two decades of imipenem therapyA C Rodloff
Institut for Medical Microbiology and Epidemiology of Infectious Diseases, University of Leipzig, D 04103 Leipzig, Germany, and Institut Clínic de Pneumologia i Cirurgia Toràcica, Hospital Clinic de Barcelona, Spain
J Antimicrob Chemother 58:916-29. 2006b>Imipenem, the first carbapenem discovered, was developed more than two decades ago in response to an unmet need for a highly potent, broad-spectrum antimicrobial agent with a strong safety profile...
- Comparison of in vivo intrinsic activity of cefepime and imipenem in a Pseudomonas aeruginosa rabbit endocarditis model: effect of combination with tobramycin simulating human serum pharmacokineticsDominique Navas
Laboratoire d Antibiologie UPRES EA 1156, UER de Medecine, 1 rue Gaston Veil, 44035 Nantes Cedex 01, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 54:767-71. 2004The purpose of this experimental study was first to compare the in vivo intrinsic activity of imipenem and cefepime administered as a continuous infusion and to determine their lowest effective serum steady-state concentration (LESSC)...
- Imipenem, doxycycline and amikacin in monotherapy and in combination in Acinetobacter baumannii experimental pneumoniaM J Rodriguez-Hernandez
Service of Infectious Diseases and Service of Microbiology, Hospital Universitario Virgen del Rocio, Avenida Manuel Siurot s n, 41013 Seville, Spain
J Antimicrob Chemother 45:493-501. 2000..This model was used to compare the efficacy of imipenem, doxycycline and amikacin in monotherapy, and the combination of imipenem plus amikacin and doxycycline plus ..
- Impact of ertapenem use on Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Acinetobacter baumannii imipenem susceptibility rates: collateral damage or positive effect on hospital ecology?Dolores Sousa
Department of Infectious Diseases, Complejo Hospitalario Universitario A Coruña, A Coruna, Spain
J Antimicrob Chemother 68:1917-25. 2013..Conflicting evidence has been reported on the impact of ertapenem use on the susceptibility of Pseudomonas spp. to group 2 carbapenems. No extensive data for Acinetobacter baumannii are currently available...
- Colonization pressure and risk factors for acquisition of imipenem-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii in a medical surgical intensive care unit in BrazilCarlos Magno Castelo Branco Fortaleza
Department of Tropical Diseases, Faculdade de Medicina de Botucatu, Unesp Univ Estadual Paulista, Botucatu, Brazil
Am J Infect Control 41:263-5. 2013..Use of antimicrobials (imipenem and metronidazole) was a risk factor for acquisition of imipenem-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii only for the ..
- Mechanisms of resistance to ciprofloxacin, ampicillin/sulbactam and imipenem in Acinetobacter baumannii clinical isolates in TaiwanCheng Hsun Chiu
Graduate Institute of Clinical Medical Sciences, Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Int J Antimicrob Agents 35:382-6. 2010..Sixteen isolates (45.7%) carrying a type 1 integron were MDR as well as being more resistant to imipenem, amikacin, gentamicin, ceftazidime or cefepime than those without the integron. The class 1 integron in A...
- Evaluation of a new Etest for detecting metallo-beta-lactamases in routine clinical testingTimothy R Walsh
University of Bristol, United Kingdom
J Clin Microbiol 40:2755-9. 2002..Solna, Sweden) gradient formats were developed for detection of metallo-beta-lactamases based on the reduction of imipenem (IP) or ceftazidime (TZ) MICs in the presence of EDTA or 2-mercaptopropionic acid (MPA)...
- Outbreak of imipenem-resistant Acinetobacter calcoaceticus-Acinetobacter baumannii complex harboring different carbapenemase gene-associated genetic structures in an intensive care unitYi Tzu Lee
Department of Medicine, Chutung Veterans Hospital, Chutung, Hsinchu County, Taiwan
J Microbiol Immunol Infect 45:43-51. 2012To investigate the clinical and molecular epidemiology of the imipenem-resistant Acinetobacter calcoaceticus-Acinetobacter baumannii (IRAcb) complex during an outbreak in an intensive care unit (ICU).
- Population pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic target attainment analysis of imipenem plasma and urine data in neonates and childrenKenichi Yoshizawa
From the Department of Clinical Pharmacotherapy, Hiroshima University and Department of Infectious Diseases, Hiroshima University Hospital, Minami Ku, Hiroshima, Japan
Pediatr Infect Dis J 32:1208-16. 2013Population pharmacokinetic (PK)-pharmacodynamic target attainment analysis of imipenem was performed to elucidate the PK properties in neonates and children and to rationalize and optimize dosing regimens.
- Permeability to carbapenems of Proteus mirabilis mutants selected for resistance to imipenem or other beta-lactamsH E Villar
Department of Medical Microbiology, St Bartholomew s and the Royal London School of Medicine and Dentistry, UK
J Antimicrob Chemother 40:365-70. 1997An imipenem-resistant mutant of Proteus mirabilis lacked a 26 kDa outer membrane protein (OMP)...
- Molecular dynamics simulations of the dinuclear zinc-beta-lactamase from Bacteroides fragilis complexed with imipenemDimas Suarez
Departamento de Quimica Fisica y Analitica, Universidad de Oviedo, Julian Claveria 8, 33006 Oviedo, Asturias, Spain
J Comput Chem 23:1587-600. 2002..fragilis and imipenem. We considered two catalytically important configurations, which differ in the presence or absence of a hydroxide ..
- A randomized, double-blind clinical trial comparing cefepime plus metronidazole with imipenem-cilastatin in the treatment of complicated intra-abdominal infections. Cefepime Intra-abdominal Infection Study GroupP S Barie
Department of Surgery, Cornell University, New York, NY, USA
Arch Surg 132:1294-302. 1997To evaluate the safety and efficacy of cefepime hydrochloride plus metronidazole vs the combination of imipenem and cilastatin sodium in the treatment of complicated intra-abdominal infections in adult patients.
- Nosocomial imipenem-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii infections: epidemiology and risk factorsMurat Dizbay
Department of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Gazi University School of Medicine, Besevler, Ankara, Turkey
Scand J Infect Dis 42:741-6. 2010The incidence, clinical characteristics, risk factors, antimicrobial susceptibility, and outcomes of nosocomial imipenem-resistant A. baumannii (IRAB) infections during a 5-y period (2003-2007) were retrospectively analyzed...
- Resistance of Pseudomonas aeruginosa to imipenem induced by eluates from siliconized latex urinary catheters is related to outer membrane protein alterationsL Martinez-Martinez
Department of Microbiology, School of Medicine, University of Seville, Spain
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 43:397-9. 1999The activity of imipenem against Pseudomonas aeruginosa HUS-3 decreased by 16 times in the presence of substances eluted from siliconized latex urinary catheters (SLUCs)...
- In vitro activity of ceftazidime, cefepime and imipenem on 1,005 Pseudomonas aeruginosa clinical isolates either susceptible or resistant to beta-lactamsG Bonfiglio
Dipartimento di Scienze Microbiologiche, Universita di Catania, Catania, Italia
Chemotherapy 46:229-34. 2000..Recently, new 'fourth-generation' cephalosporins, such as cefepime and cefpirome, were introduced into antibacterial chemotherapy...
- Targeting the cell wall of Mycobacterium tuberculosis: structure and mechanism of L,D-transpeptidase 2Sabri B Erdemli
Department of Biophysics and Biophysical Chemistry, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Structure 20:2103-15. 2012..Together, this information provides vital insights to facilitate development of drugs targeting this validated yet unexploited enzyme...
- Outer-membrane proteins pattern and detection of beta-lactamases in clinical isolates of imipenem-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii from BrazilS F Costa
Hospital das Clinicas da Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade de Sao Paulo, Brazil
Int J Antimicrob Agents 13:175-82. 2000In order to compare imipenem-sensitive and -resistant Acinetobacter baumannii strains isolated from three patients, ribotyping, plasmid, beta-lactamase detection and outer-membrane analysis were performed...
- Synergistic anti-bacterial and proteomic effects of epigallocatechin gallate on clinical isolates of imipenem-resistant Klebsiella pneumoniaeYun Seok Cho
Department of Biotechnology, Soonchunhyang University, P O Box 97, Asan, Chung Nam 336 600, Republic of Korea
Phytomedicine 18:941-6. 2011b>Imipenem-resistant Klebsiella pneumoniae (IRKP) were used to explore the synergistic anti-bacterial and proteomic effects of imipenem alone or in combination with epigallocatechin gallate (EGCg)...
- Clinical study of the effectiveness of imipenem/cilastatin sodium as the antibiotics of first choice in the expectant management of patients with preterm premature rupture of membranesEiji Ryo
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Japanese Red Cross Medical Center, Tokyo, Japan
J Infect Chemother 11:32-6. 2005We carried out a study to evaluate the effectiveness of imipenem/cilastatin sodium (IPM/CS) in the expectant management of patients with preterm premature rupture of membranes (PPROM)...
- Emergence of imipenem resistance in clinical Escherichia coli during therapyJesús Oteo
Antibiotic Laboratory, Bacteriology Service, Centro Nacional de Microbiologia, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Carretera Pozuelo a Majadahonda, 28220 Majadahonda, Madrid, Spain
Int J Antimicrob Agents 32:534-7. 2008..epidemiology and the mechanisms of resistance of Escherichia coli isolated from two patients infected by imipenem-resistant strains are reported in this study. From one patient, three closely related consecutive isolates of E...
- Clinical outcomes of patients with Klebsiella pneumoniae carbapenemase-producing K. pneumoniae after treatment with imipenem or meropenemScott A Weisenberg
Department of Medicine, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY 10065, USA
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 64:233-5. 2009Klebsiella pneumoniae carbapenemase (KPC)-producing K. pneumoniae may appear susceptible to imipenem or meropenem by routine susceptibility testing. We report a series of patients with infections caused by K...
- Imipenem heteroresistance induced by imipenem in multidrug-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii: mechanism and clinical implicationsHao Yuan Lee
Graduate Institute of Clinical Medical Sciences, Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Int J Antimicrob Agents 37:302-8. 2011..baumannii has been observed worldwide. Here we report the clinical impact and mechanism of imipenem heteroresistance (imipenem minimum inhibitory concentration of 6-32 μg/mL with the presence of resistant cells ..
- The in vitro elution characteristics of vancomycin combined with imipenem-cilastatin in acrylic bone-cements: a pharmacokinetic studyDaniela Cerretani
Department of Pharmacology G Segre, University of Siena, Siena, Italy
J Arthroplasty 17:619-26. 2002..aim of this in vitro study was to compare the elution characteristics of vancomycin alone and in combination with imipenem-cilastatin from 3 acrylic bone-cements (CMW1 [DePuy International, Blackpool, UK], Palacos R [Schering-Plough, ..
- Structure of the imipenem-hydrolyzing class A beta-lactamase SME-1 from Serratia marcescensWladimir Sougakoff
Laboratoire de Recherche Moléculaire sur les Antibiotiques LRMA, INSERM EMI0004, Faculté de Médecine Pitié Salpêtrière, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, 75634 Paris Cedex 13, France
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 58:267-74. 2002..beta-lactamase SME-1 from Serratia marcescens, a class A enzyme characterized by its significant activity against imipenem, has been determined to 2.13 A resolution...
- Cyslabdan, a new potentiator of imipenem activity against methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, produced by Streptomyces sp. K04-0144. II. Biological activitiesAtsushi Fukumoto
Kitasato Institute for Life Sciences and Graduate School of Infection Control Sciences, Kitasato University, 5 9 1 Shirokane, Minato ku, Tokyo, Japan
J Antibiot (Tokyo) 61:7-10. 2008Cyslabdan produced by Streptomyces sp. K04-0144 was found to potentiate imipenem activity against methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA). The MIC value of imipenem against MRSA was reduced from 16 to 0...
- Metallo-beta-lactamase-producing Pseudomonas spp. in Korea: high prevalence of isolates with VIM-2 type and emergence of isolates with IMP-1 typeKyungwon Lee
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Yonsei University College of Medicine, 250 Seongsan ro, Seodaemun gu, Seoul, Korea
Yonsei Med J 50:335-9. 2009..Two Korean nationwide studies showed that metallo-beta-lactamases (MBLs)-producing-Pseudomonas spp. are not rare. The aim of this study was to assess the trends of MBL-producing isolates among imipenem-resistant isolates of Pseudomonas spp.
- The effects of group 1 versus group 2 carbapenems on imipenem-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa: an ecological studyYehuda Carmeli
Division of Epidemiology, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Tel Aviv 64239, Israel
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 70:367-72. 2011Use of the group 2 carbapenems, imipenem and meropenem, may lead to emergence of Pseudomonas aeruginosa resistance. The group 1 carbapenem ertapenem has limited activity against P...
- A randomized prospective study of cefepime plus metronidazole with imipenem-cilastatin in the treatment of intra-abdominal infectionsJ Garbino
Division of Infectious Diseases, University Hospitals of Geneva, 24 Rue Micheli du Crest, CH 1211 Geneva 14, Switzerland
Infection 35:161-6. 2007..The aim of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of parenteral cefepime + metronidazole vs imipenem-cilastatin for the treatment of intra-abdominal infections in adult patients.
- Efficacy and safety of tigecycline monotherapy vs. imipenem/cilastatin in Chinese patients with complicated intra-abdominal infections: a randomized controlled trialZhangjing Chen
Huashan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
BMC Infect Dis 10:217. 2010..In the current trial, tigecycline was evaluated for safety and efficacy vs. imipenem/cilastatin in hospitalized Chinese patients with cIAIs.
- Antimicrobial treatment of Capnocytophaga infectionsAnne Jolivet-Gougeon
Equipe Microbiologie, UPRES EA 1254, CHU Pontchaillou Rennes et Université de Rennes I, 2 Avenue du Professeur Leon Bernard, 35043 Rennes Cedex, France
Int J Antimicrob Agents 29:367-73. 2007..b>Imipenem/cilastatin, clindamycin or beta-lactamase inhibitor combinations are always effective and their use can be ..
- Sulbactam efficacy in experimental models caused by susceptible and intermediate Acinetobacter baumannii strainsM J Rodriguez-Hernandez
Service of Infectious Diseases, University Hospital Virgen del Rocio, Avenida Manuel Siurot s n, 41013 Sevilla, Spain
J Antimicrob Chemother 47:479-82. 2001Sulbactam and imipenem were compared in an experimental pneumonia model in immunocompetent mice, using a susceptible strain of Acinetobacter baumannii, and in an experimental endocarditis model in rabbits, using an intermediately ..
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa carbapenem resistance mechanisms in Spain: impact on the activity of imipenem, meropenem and doripenemElena Riera
Servicio de Microbiología and Unidad de Investigación, Hospital Universitari Son Espases, Palma de Mallorca, Spain
J Antimicrob Chemother 66:2022-7. 2011..175/448) showing non-susceptibility (European Committee on Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing breakpoints) to imipenem (35%), meropenem (33%) and/or doripenem (33%) recovered in 2008-09 from 16 Spanish hospitals during the ..
- Spread of integron-associated VIM-type metallo-beta-lactamase genes among imipenem-nonsusceptible Pseudomonas aeruginosa strains in Greek hospitalsP Giakkoupi
Department of Hygiene and Epidemiology, Medical School, Athens University, Greece
J Clin Microbiol 41:822-5. 2003Fifty-eight imipenem-nonsusceptible (MIC >or= 8 microg/ml) Pseudomonas aeruginosa strains isolated during May 2001 in 15 Greek hospitals were studied...
- Meropenem monotherapy is as effective as and safer than imipenem to treat brain abscessesG Martin-Canal
Department of Infectious Diseases, Hospital Universitario Central de Asturias, Oviedo University School of Medicine, Celestino Villamil s n, 33006 Oviedo, Spain
Int J Antimicrob Agents 35:301-4. 2010..Fifty-nine adult patients with brain abscesses received either imipenem or meropenem (3-4g/day) or CSC for a mean of 5 weeks, in addition to neurosurgery in most cases...
- Novel Spectinamide Antibiotics for the Treatment of MDR/XDR TuberculosisMichelle M Butler; Fiscal Year: 2013..as well as unproven agents such as linezolid, amoxicillin/clavulanate, clarithromycin, clofazimine and imipenem. Research suggests that at least four drugs and 18-24 month duration of treatment may be required for successful ..
- In vitro and in vivo efficacy of liposomal ciprofloxacin formulations against MycIgor Gonda; Fiscal Year: 2013..avium;b) alone and in combination with imipenem, cefoxitin, and amikacin against 3 clinical isolates of M...
- Multidrug-Resistant Acinetobacter baumanniiYohei Doi; Fiscal Year: 2010..In Pittsburgh, there is a surge in imipenem-resistant and amikacin-resistant A...
- Novel Metallo-beta-lactamase InhibitorsLUIGI XERRI; Fiscal Year: 2012..ii) greater than 5,000-fold selectivity versus mammalian metalloenzymes, iii) the ability to improve imipenem activity by up to 128-fold in E...
- The Continuing Challenge of Carbapenemases in K. pneumoniae: KPC-2 &NDM-1Robert A Bonomo; Fiscal Year: 2013..KPC is a class A carbapenemase that hydrolyzes imipenem, ertapenem, meropenem, doripenem, and [unreadable]- lactamase inhibitors and is found in almost every major ..
- Class D carbapenemases: defining the role of carbapenem conformational changesDavid A Leonard; Fiscal Year: 2012..Acinetobacter baumannii, and they pose a serious threat to the use of the four clinically-approved carbapenems: imipenem, doripenem, meropenem and ertapenem...
- Detecting Carbapenem and Quinolone Resistance in Klebsiella pneumoniae using PCR/Robert A Bonomo; Fiscal Year: 2010..The emerging resistance to imipenem is primarily mediated by KPC beta-lactamases;resistance to quinolones occurs as a result of mutations in the ..
- Antibiotic Hypersusceptibility Mutations in BacteriaAlexander Mankin; Fiscal Year: 2005..will identify multiple mutations increasing bacterial susceptibility to beta-lactams (ampicillin, ceftazidime, imipenem), translational inhibitors (erythromycin, linezolid, tetracycline, and chloramphenicol) and fluoroquinolone ..
- Study design importance in analyzing emerging pathogensAnthony Harris; Fiscal Year: 2005..The second aim will be done by combining epidemiological relatedness and molecular relatedness through pulse-field gel electrophoresis of ESBL cultures to quantify the importance of patient to patient transmission. ..
- New Nosocomial Interventions to Decrease Antimicrobial Resistance TransmissionAnthony Harris; Fiscal Year: 2008..gown wearing by healthcare workers during all patient contact within the ICU setting will reduce MRSA, VRE, and imipenem-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa transmission, and be cost-effective...
- Novel Targets for Treatment of Pseudomonas aeruginosaPhilip Lister; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- QUINOLONE RESISTANCE IN NOSOCOMIAL URINARY INFECTIONSEbbing Lautenbach; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Novel Application of Infection Control Strategies to Limit Transmission of ESBL'SEbbing Lautenbach; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Quinolone resistant E coli in long term care facilitiesEbbing Lautenbach; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Clinical Impact of Quinolone-Resistant E.coli carriageEbbing Lautenbach; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Study of Mechanisms Leading to Multidrug-Resistant K. pneumoniae and A. baumanniiJohn Quale; Fiscal Year: 2008..The clinical and economic consequences of nosocomial infections due to multidrug-resistant bacteria are staggering. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Efficient Mechanism of Gene Transfer in B. fragilisDavid Hecht; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- IDENTIFICATION OF AIRWAY EPITHELIAL STEM CELLSScott Randell; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Susceptibility Testing, Treatment Choices, and Outcomes of MDR-GNB InfectionsLisa Saiman; Fiscal Year: 2009..Carefully conducted observational studies and clinically relevant in vitro antimicrobial susceptibility testing, hold the greatest promise to improve the treatment of patients infected with mutidrug-resistant organisms. ..
- Airway Epithelial Adaptation to Infectious StimuliScott Randell; Fiscal Year: 2008..A greater understanding of airway epithelial adaptation, and its functional outcome, provides a logical basis for the design of novel anti-inflammatory therapies. ..
- REGULATION OF NEUTROPHIL OXIDATIVE RESPONSES IN TRAUMAJoseph Solomkin; Fiscal Year: 2004..Together, these studies will define potential points for therapeutic intervention and provide important insight into regulation of the acute inflammatory response. ..
- Plasmid-Mediated Quinolone ResistanceGeorge Jacoby; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..