Genomes and Genes
Summary: Semisynthetic thienamycin that has a wide spectrum of antibacterial activity against gram-negative and gram-positive aerobic and anaerobic bacteria, including many multiresistant strains. It is stable to beta-lactamases. Clinical studies have demonstrated high efficacy in the treatment of infections of various body systems. Its effectiveness is enhanced when it is administered in combination with CILASTATIN, a renal dipeptidase inhibitor.
Publications188 found, 100 shown here
- High prevalence of metallo-beta-lactamase and 16S rRNA methylase coproduction among imipenem-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa isolates in BrazilYohei Doi
Division of Infectious Diseases, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Falk Medical Building Suite 3A, 3601 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh PA 15213, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 51:3388-90. 2007Rates of metallo-beta-lactamase and 16S rRNA methylase production were investigated in 51 imipenem-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa clinical isolates collected from hospitals in São Paulo, Brazil...
- Novel carbapenem-hydrolyzing beta-lactamase, KPC-1, from a carbapenem-resistant strain of Klebsiella pneumoniaeH Yigit
Hospital Infections Program, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 45:1151-61. 2001A Klebsiella pneumoniae isolate showing moderate to high-level imipenem and meropenem resistance was investigated. The MICs of both drugs were 16 microg/ml...
- Differences in phenotypic and genotypic traits against antimicrobial agents between Acinetobacter baumannii and Acinetobacter genomic species 13TUJung Hoon Lee
Department of Microbiology, Kyungpook National University School of Medicine, Daegu 700 422, Republic of Korea
J Antimicrob Chemother 59:633-9. 2007To investigate the differences in antimicrobial susceptibility and resistance mechanisms against imipenem between Acinetobacter baumannii and Acinetobacter genomic species 13TU.
- Efficacy of tachyplesin III, colistin, and imipenem against a multiresistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa strainOscar Cirioni
Clinica delle Malattie Infettive, c o Ospedali Riuniti Ancona, Via Conca 71, 60200 Ancona, AN, Italy
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 51:2005-10. 2007..has been performed to compare the in vitro activity and the in vivo efficacy of tachyplesin III, colistin, and imipenem against a multiresistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa strain...
- Impact of antibiotic restriction on broad spectrum antibiotic usage in the ICU of a developing countryShahla Siddiqui
Department of Anaesthesia, Aga Khan University, Karachi
J Pak Med Assoc 57:484-7. 2007..To reduce rates of nosocomial pneumonia and cost of antibiotic therapy...
- Increase of ceftazidime- and fluoroquinolone-resistant Klebsiella pneumoniae and imipenem-resistant Acinetobacter spp. in Korea: analysis of KONSAR study data from 2005 and 2007Kyungwon Lee
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seodaemun gu, Seoul, Korea
Yonsei Med J 51:901-11. 2010..We analyzed antimicrobial resistance data generated by Korean Hospitals and by a commercial laboratory in 2005 and 2007...
- Selection of heterogeneous vancomycin-intermediate Staphylococcus aureus by imipenemYuki Katayama
Department of Bacteriology, Faculty of Medicine, Juntendo University, 2 1 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 53:3190-6. 2009..We previously reported that laboratory mutant H14, obtained from VSSA strain Delta IP by exposure to imipenem (IPM), showed overexpression of the vraSR two-component system and a typical hVISA phenotype...
- Comparison of imipenem and ceftazidime as therapy for severe melioidosisA J Simpson
Faculty of Tropical Medicine, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Clin Infect Dis 29:381-7. 1999..comparative treatment trial was conducted to compare the therapeutic efficacy of high-dose intravenous imipenem and ceftazidime for acute severe melioidosis...
- Biofilm formation in Acinetobacter baumannii: associated features and clinical implicationsJ Rodríguez-Baño
Seccion de Enfermedades Infecciosas, Hospital Universitario Virgen Macarena, Sevilla, Spain
Clin Microbiol Infect 14:276-8. 2008..Fifty-six (63%) isolates formed biofilm. These isolates were less frequently resistant to imipenem or ciprofloxacin than were non-biofilm-forming isolates (25% vs. 47%, p 0.04; and 66% vs. 94%, p 0...
- Isolation of imipenem-resistant Enterobacter species: emergence of KPC-2 carbapenemase, molecular characterization, epidemiology, and outcomesDror Marchaim
Division of Epidemiology, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, 6 Weizmann St, Tel Aviv 64239, Israel
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 52:1413-8. 2008The prevalence of isolation of imipenem-resistant Enterobacter (IRE) strains is rising, with potential serious consequences in terms of patients' outcomes and general care...
- Epidemiology and impact of imipenem resistance in Acinetobacter baumanniiEbbing Lautenbach
Divisions of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Center for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6021, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 30:1186-92. 2009Acinetobacter baumannii is an emerging gram-negative pathogen that can cause healthcare-acquired infections among patients. Treatment is complicated for cases of healthcare-acquired infection with A. baumannii resistant to imipenem.
- Outbreak of infections caused by Pseudomonas aeruginosa producing VIM-1 carbapenemase in GreeceA Tsakris
Department of Microbiology, Medical School, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, 54 006 Thessaloniki, Greece
J Clin Microbiol 38:1290-2. 2000Resistance to imipenem and meropenem was observed in 211 (16.5%) isolates of Pseudomonas aeruginosa recovered in a Greek university hospital during 1996 to 1998...
- Clinically relevant plasma concentrations of colistin in combination with imipenem enhance pharmacodynamic activity against multidrug-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa at multiple inoculaPhillip J Bergen
Facility for Anti Infective Drug Development and Innovation, Monash Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 55:5134-42. 2011..investigate in vitro bacterial killing and resistance emergence with colistin alone and in combination with imipenem against multidrug-resistant (MDR) P. aeruginosa...
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa biofilms exposed to imipenem exhibit changes in global gene expression and beta-lactamase and alginate productionNiels Bagge
Department of Clinical Microbiology, Rigshospitalet, and Department of Bacteriology, Institute for Medical Microbiology and Immunology, Panum Institute, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 48:1175-87. 2004..used the microarray technology to study the effects of subinhibitory concentrations of a beta-lactam antibiotic, imipenem, on gene expression in biofilm populations...
- Structural basis for imipenem inhibition of class C beta-lactamasesBeth M Beadle
Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Biological Chemistry, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611 3008, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:3978-80. 2002To determine how imipenem inhibits the class C beta-lactamase AmpC, the X-ray crystal structure of the acyl-enzyme complex was determined to a resolution of 1.80 A...
- Characterization of a carbapenemase-producing clinical isolate of Bacteroides fragilis in Scandinavia: genetic analysis of a unique insertion sequenceT R Walsh
Department of Pathology and Microbiology, University of Bristol, Bristol, UK
Scand J Infect Dis 37:676-9. 2005..K2-28 was shown to possess a functional metallo-beta-lactamase with a reduction in imipenem MIC from 256 to 3 mg/l in the presence of EDTA using the MBL E-test strip...
- OXA-60, a chromosomal, inducible, and imipenem-hydrolyzing class D beta-lactamase from Ralstonia pickettiiDelphine Girlich
Service de Bacteriologie Virologie, Hopital de Bicetre, 78 rue du General Leclerc, 94275 Le Kremlin Bicetre cedex, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 48:4217-25. 2004..It has a narrow-spectrum hydrolysis profile that includes imipenem. OXA-60-like enzymes were identified in several R. pickettii strains...
- Emergence of oxacillinase-mediated resistance to imipenem in Klebsiella pneumoniaeLaurent Poirel
, , , , , , France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 48:15-22. 2004..The beta-lactamase OXA-48 hydrolyzed imipenem at a high level and was remotely related (less than 46% amino acid identity) to the other oxacillinases...
- Comparison of tigecycline with imipenem/cilastatin for the treatment of hospital-acquired pneumoniaAntonio T Freire
Santa Casa de Misericórdia de Belo Horizonte, Santa Efigenia, Belo Horizonte MG, Brazil
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 68:140-51. 2010To compare efficacy and safety of a tigecycline regimen with an imipenem/cilastatin regimen in hospital-acquired pneumonia patients, a phase 3, multicenter, randomized, double-blind, study evaluated 945 patients...
- Imipenem resistance of Pseudomonas in pneumonia: a systematic literature reviewMarya D Zilberberg
School of Public Health and Health Sciences, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA, USA
BMC Pulm Med 10:45. 2010..NPs in particular are likely to be caused by Pseudomonas aeruginosa (PA), ~20% of which in observational studies are resistant to imipenem. We sought to identify the burden of PA imipenem resistance in pneumonia.
- Growth in glucose-based medium and exposure to subinhibitory concentrations of imipenem induce biofilm formation in a multidrug-resistant clinical isolate of Acinetobacter baumanniiElisabetta Nucleo
Department of Biomolecular Sciences and Biotechnology, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Milano, Italy
BMC Microbiol 9:270. 2009..Acinetobacter baumannii is emerging as an important nosocomial pathogen. Multidrug resistance, as well as ability to withstand environmental stresses, makes eradication of A. baumannii difficult, particularly from hospital settings...
- Prevalence and diversity of carbapenemases among imipenem-nonsusceptible Acinetobacter isolates in Korea: emergence of a novel OXA-182Chang Ki Kim
Korean Institute of Tuberculosis, Seoul 137 900, South Korea
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 68:432-8. 2010Increase in multidrug-resistant Acinetobacter poses a serious problem in Korea. In this study, 190 imipenem (IPM)-nonsusceptible (NS) Acinetobacter isolates from 12 Korean hospitals in 2007 were used to determine species, prevalence, and ..
- The role of patient-to-patient transmission in the acquisition of imipenem-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa colonization in the intensive care unitJ Kristie Johnson
Department of Pathology, Institute of Genomic Sciences, University of Maryland School of Medicine, 10 South Pine Street, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Infect Dis 200:900-5. 2009b>Imipenem-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa (IRPA) is an emerging problem. The causal role of antibiotic selective pressure versus patient-to-patient transmission has not been assessed using a large cohort.
- First isolation of Burkholderia tropica from a neonatal patient successfully treated with imipenemZakuan Zainy Deris
Department of Medical Microbiology and Parasitology, School of Medical Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia Health Campus, 16150 Kubang Kerian, Kelantan, Malaysia
Int J Infect Dis 14:e73-4. 2010..Three consecutive blood cultures grew this organism. The organism was cleared from the blood after a course of imipenem and resolution of post-operative ileus...
- A copper-activated two-component system interacts with zinc and imipenem resistance in Pseudomonas aeruginosaOlivier Caille
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Medicine, Centre Medical Universitaire, University of Geneva, 1 rue Michel Servet, 1211 Geneva 4, Switzerland
J Bacteriol 189:4561-8. 2007..same time caused a decrease in the production of OprD porin, resulting in resistance to the carbapenem antibiotic imipenem. The CzcR regulator was known to repress oprD...
- Nosocomial outbreak by imipenem-resistant metallo-beta-lactamase-producing Pseudomonas aeruginosa in an adult intensive care unit in a Brazilian teaching hospitalRenata Cristina Cezário
Area Immunology, Parasitology and Microbiology at Universidade Federal de Uberlândia, Uberlândia Minas Gerais, Brazil
Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin 27:269-74. 2009To describe an outbreak of imipenem-resistant metallo-beta-lactamase-producing Pseudomonas aeruginosa, enzyme type bla, by horizontal transmission in patients admitted to a mixed adult ICU.
- Rapid imipenem/cilastatin desensitization for multidrug-resistant Acinetobacter pneumoniaSean K Gorman
CSU Pharmaceutical Sciences, Vancouver General Hospital, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Ann Pharmacother 37:513-6. 2003To report a successful case of rapid imipenem desensitization in a critically ill patient with multidrug-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii ventilator-associated pnemonia (VAP).
- The impact of ertapenem use on the susceptibility of Pseudomonas aeruginosa to imipenem: a hospital case studyAna Lucia L Lima
Institute of Orthopedics and Traumatology, Hospital das Clinicas, University of Sao Paulo School of Medicine, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 30:487-90. 2009..Enterobacteriaceae infections in our hospital on the susceptibility of Pseudomonas aeruginosa to imipenem. The use of ertapenem was mandated for treatment of extended-spectrum beta-lactamase-producing Enterobacteriaceae ..
- Clinical impact of imipenem-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa bloodstream infectionsCristina Suarez
IDIBELL, Infectious Diseases Service, Hospital Universitari de Bellvitge, University of Barcelona, L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
J Infect 58:285-90. 2009To describe the incidence and clinical characteristics of imipenem-resistant (IR) Pseudomonas aeruginosa bacteraemia.
- In vitro effect of minocycline and colistin combinations on imipenem-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii clinical isolatesThean Yen Tan
Laboratory Medicine Services, Changi General Hospital, 2 Simei Street 3, Singapore 529889
J Antimicrob Chemother 60:421-3. 2007..The study investigated the effect of colistin and minocycline when tested singly and in combination against Acinetobacter baumannii...
- Disposition of instilled versus nebulized tobramycin and imipenem in ventilated intensive care unit (ICU) patientsJoan R Badia
, Barcelona, Spain
J Antimicrob Chemother 54:508-14. 2004..AIM: To assess bronchial and serum concentrations of imipenem or tobramycin obtained by nebulization or instillation in critically ill mechanically ventilated patients...
- Antibiotic susceptibility of Burkholderia pseudomallei from tropical northern Australia and implications for therapy of melioidosisA W Jenney
Infectious Diseases Unit, Royal Darwin Hospital, Darwin, NT 0810, Australia
Int J Antimicrob Agents 17:109-13. 2001..Of these 163 (96%) were susceptible to meropenem/imipenem, ceftazidime, trimethoprim-sulphamethoxazole (SMX/TMP) and doxycycline...
- Dissemination and diversity of metallo-beta-lactamases in Latin America: report from the SENTRY Antimicrobial Surveillance ProgramHelio S Sader
The JONES Group JMI Laboratories, 345 Beaver Kreek Centre, Suite A, North Liberty, IA, USA
Int J Antimicrob Agents 25:57-61. 2005..Pseudomonas spp. and Acinetobacter spp. strains resistant to imipenem (MIC, >/=16 mg/l), meropenem (MIC, >/=16 mg/l), and ceftazidime (MIC, >/=32 mg/l) collected from January 2001 to ..
- Impact of carbapenem administration on systemic endotoxemia in patients with severe sepsis and Gram-negative bacteremiaE J Giamarellos-Bourboulis
4th Department of Internal Medicine, University of Athens, Medical School, Greece
J Chemother 18:502-6. 2006..i.d. of imipenem/cilastatin and 10 (group B) 2 g t.i.d. of meropenem...
- Prevalence of metallo-beta-lactamase among Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Acinetobacter baumannii in a Korean university hospital and comparison of screening methods for detecting metallo-beta-lactamaseEun-Jee Oh
Department of Clinical Pathology, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Kangnam St. Mary's Hospital, 505 Banpo-dong, Seocho-Ku, Seoul 137-040, South Korea
J Microbiol Methods 54:411-8. 2003..aeruginosa and 31 A. baumannii) with a reduced susceptibility to imipenem (IPM) and/or ceftazidime (CAZ) was subjected to PCR analyses with primers specific to bla(IMP-1), bla(VIM-1), and ..
- Treatment of multidrug-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii ventilator-associated pneumonia (VAP) with intravenous colistin: a comparison with imipenem-susceptible VAPJ Garnacho-Montero
Intensive Care Unit, Hospital Universitario Virgen del Rocio, 41013 Seville, Spain
Clin Infect Dis 36:1111-8. 2003..In 14 patients, the episodes were caused by strains that remained susceptible to imipenem and were treated with imipenem-cilastatin (the IM group)...
- Pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic assessment of the in-vivo efficacy of imipenem alone or in combination with amikacin for the treatment of experimental multiresistant Acinetobacter baumannii pneumoniaM Bernabeu-Wittel
Service of Infectious Diseases, Hospitales Universitarios Virgen del Rocio, Seville, Spain
Clin Microbiol Infect 11:319-25. 2005A guinea-pig pneumonia model involving imipenem-susceptible and imipenem-resistant strains of Acinetobacter baumannii was developed to assess the in-vitro and in-vivo activities of imipenem, alone or in combination with amikacin, and the ..
- Penicillin-binding proteins of Bacteroides fragilis and their role in the resistance to imipenem of clinical isolatesJuan Ayala
Severo Ochoa Molecular Biology Centre, CSIC UAM, 28049 Cantoblanco, Madrid, Spain
J Med Microbiol 54:1055-64. 2005..The study focused on the role of PBP2Bfr and metallo-beta-lactamase in the mechanism of resistance to imipenem. The mechanism of beta-lactam resistance in B. fragilis was strain dependent...
- Differential effect of imipenem treatment on injury caused by cecal ligation and puncture in wild-type and NK cell-deficient beta(2)-microgloblin knockout miceVictor T Enoh
Department of Anesthesiology, The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555 0591, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 290:G277-84. 2006..To test this hypothesis, wild-type and beta2MKO/alphaAsGM1 mice were treated with the broad-spectrum antibiotic imipenem immediately after CLP to decrease the impact of systemic infection in our model...
- The efficacy and safety of tigecycline for the treatment of complicated intra-abdominal infections: analysis of pooled clinical trial dataTimothy Babinchak
Medical Research Group, Wyeth Research, Collegeville, PA 19426, USA
Clin Infect Dis 41:S354-67. 2005..2 phase 3, double-blind trials designed to evaluate the safety and efficacy of tigecycline, versus that of imipenem-cilastatin, in 1642 adults with complicated intra-abdominal infections...
- Risk factors for ICU-acquired imipenem-resistant Gram-negative bacterial infectionsE Akinci
Department of Infectious Diseases and Clinical Microbiology, Ankara Numune Education and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
J Hosp Infect 59:317-23. 2005..This study investigated the risk factors for ICU-acquired imipenem-resistant Gram-negative infections...
- Early antibiotic treatment for BAL-confirmed ventilator-associated pneumonia: a role for routine endotracheal aspirate culturesFabrice Michel
Réanimation Médicale, Hopital Sainte Marguerite, 13274 Marseille Cedex 9, France
Chest 127:589-97. 2005....
- Meropenem and imipenem activity against Pseudomonas aeruginosa isolates from the MYSTIC ProgramPhilip J Turner
Infection Discovery Department, AstraZeneca, SK10 4TG Macclesfield, Cheshire, UK
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 56:341-4. 2006This article examines the activity of meropenem and imipenem against Pseudomonas aeruginosa isolates from the Meropenem Yearly Susceptibility Test Information Collection program between 1997 and 2005...
- Increasing prevalence of imipenem-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa and molecular typing of metallo-beta-lactamase producers in a Korean hospitalIn-Suk Kim
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Microb Drug Resist 11:355-9. 2005..and genetic relatedness among Pseudomonas aeruginosa were investigated with a recent high prevalence of imipenem resistance in a Korean hospital. During 2000-2003, a total of 116 non-duplicate imipenem-resistant P...
- Imipenem in patients with immediate hypersensitivity to penicillinsAntonino Romano
N Engl J Med 354:2835-7. 2006
- bla(OXA-51)-type beta-lactamase genes are ubiquitous and vary within a strain in Acinetobacter baumanniiAndrea Karina Merkier
, , Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Paraguay 2155, P-12, Capital Federal, Argentina
Int J Antimicrob Agents 28:110-3. 2006..baumannii pulsed-field gel electrophoresis clones that were susceptible or resistant to imipenem, suggesting a controversial role in imipenem resistance...
- In vitro double and triple synergistic activities of Polymyxin B, imipenem, and rifampin against multidrug-resistant Acinetobacter baumanniiJimmy Yoon
Infectious Disease Section, New York Hospital Queens, Flushing, Department of Microbiology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 48:753-7. 2004..checkerboard microtiter plate dilution and time-kill studies at one-fourth of their MICs of polymyxin B, imipenem, and rifampin...
- Risk factors for recovery of imipenem- or ceftazidime-resistant pseudomonas aeruginosa among patients admitted to a teaching hospital in BrazilCarlos Magno C B Fortaleza
Universidade Estadual de Campinas, Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 27:901-6. 2006The prevalence of resistance to imipenem and ceftazidime among Pseudomonas aeruginosa isolates is increasing worldwide.
- Antibiotic therapy for Klebsiella pneumoniae bacteremia: implications of production of extended-spectrum beta-lactamasesDavid L Paterson
Infectious Disease Section, VA Medical Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15240, USA
Clin Infect Dis 39:31-7. 2004..pneumoniae was associated with extremely high mortality. Use of a carbapenem (primarily imipenem) was associated with a significantly lower 14-day mortality than was use of other antibiotics active in vitro...
- Increasing prevalence of vancomycin-resistant enterococci, and cefoxitin-, imipenem- and fluoroquinolone-resistant gram-negative bacilli: a KONSAR study in 2002Kyungwon Lee
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Research Institute of Bacterial Resistance, Yonsei University College of Medicine, 134 Shinchon-dong, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul 120-752, Korea
Yonsei Med J 45:598-608. 2004..marcescens were to cefepime, 7% and 17%, respectively. This is the first KONSAR surveillance, which detected imipenem-resistant E. coli and K. pneumoniae. To imipenem, 22% of P. aeruginosa and 9% of Acinetobacter spp...
- Imipenem levels are not predictable in the critically ill patientHoward Belzberg
Department of Surgery, Los Angeles County and University of Southern California Medical Center, 90033, USA
J Trauma 56:111-7. 2004Critically ill patients often demonstrate extremely unusual volumes of distribution (Vd) and half-lives (t1/2) of drugs. Imipenem is a widely used antibiotic in critically ill patients.
- High prevalence of ceftazidime-resistant Klebsiella pneumoniae and increase of imipenem-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Acinetobacter spp. in Korea: a KONSAR program in 2004Kyungwon Lee
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Yonsei University College of Medicine, 134 Shinchon dong, Seodaemun gu, Seoul 120 752, Korea
Yonsei Med J 47:634-45. 2006..coli (14%), ceftazidime- and cefoxitin-resistant Klebsiella pneumoniae (34% and 32%, respectively), and imipenem-resistant Acinetobacter spp. and Pseudomonas aeruginosa (17% and 24%, respectively)...
- Incidence of seizures in pediatric cancer patients treated with imipenem/cilastatinC Karadeniz
Department of Pediatric Oncology, Gazi University, Faculty of Medicine, Besevler, Ankara, Turkey
Pediatr Hematol Oncol 17:585-90. 2000Proconvulsive tendency of imipenem/cilastatin is one of its well-known side effects. Most studies report incidence rates ranging from 1.5 to 3%. There is no study on the incidence rate among children with systemic malignancies...
- Molecular typing of imipenem-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii-calcoaceticus complex in a Singapore hospital where carbapenem resistance is endemicThean Yen Tan
Department of Microbiology, Laboratory Medicine Services, Changi General Hospital, Singapore
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 28:941-4. 2007..To investigate the molecular epidemiology of carbapenem-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii-calcoaceticus complex isolates in a tertiary care hospital where the prevalence of carbapenem resistance among these organisms is high...
- Nosocomial transmission of imipenem-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa following bronchoscopy associated with improper connection to the Steris System 1 processorM Sorin
Department of Medicine, New York Hospital Medical Center of Queens, Flushing 11355, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 22:409-13. 2001OBJECTIVE: To assess nosocomial transmission of imipenem-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa (IRPA) following bronchoscopy during August through October 1998. DESIGN: Traditional and molecular epidemiological investigation of a case series...
- A randomized, double-blind clinical trial comparing cefepime plus metronidazole with imipenem-cilastatin in the treatment of complicated intra-abdominal infections. Cefepime Intra-abdominal Infection Study GroupP S Barie
Department of Surgery, Cornell University, New York, NY, USA
Arch Surg 132:1294-302. 1997To evaluate the safety and efficacy of cefepime hydrochloride plus metronidazole vs the combination of imipenem and cilastatin sodium in the treatment of complicated intra-abdominal infections in adult patients.
- Molecular characterization of metallo-beta-lactamase-producing Acinetobacter baumannii and Acinetobacter genomospecies 3 from Korea: identification of two new integrons carrying the bla(VIM-2) gene cassettesJong Hwa Yum
Department of Clinical Pathology, Research Institute of Bacterial Resistance, and Brain Korea 21 Project for Medical Sciences, Yonsei University College of Medicine, C.P.O. Box 8044, Seoul, Korea
J Antimicrob Chemother 49:837-40. 2002..used to be rare, but are increasingly isolated in Korea. Among 28 isolates of imipenem-resistant Acinetobacter spp. found in a Korean hospital in 1998 and 1999, 14 produced metallo-beta-lactamases...
- Imipenem resistance in Klebsiella pneumoniae is associated with the combination of ACT-1, a plasmid-mediated AmpC beta-lactamase, and the foss of an outer membrane proteinP A Bradford
Wyeth Ayerst Research, Pearl River, New York 10965, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 41:563-9. 1997..Most significantly, three K. pneumoniae strains were also resistant to imipenem (MICs, 8 to 32 micrograms/ml)...
- Outbreaks of imipenem resistant Acinetobacter baumannii producing OXA-23 beta-lactamase in a tertiary care hospital in KoreaHee Young Yang
Department of Laboratory Medicine, College of Medicine, Kyung Hee University, Seoul, Korea
Yonsei Med J 50:764-70. 2009Since November 2006, imipenem-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii isolates have increased in Kyung Hee University Hospital in Seoul, Korea...
- Cross-reactivity and tolerability of imipenem in patients with delayed-type, cell-mediated hypersensitivity to beta-lactamsD Schiavino
Department of Allergology, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
Allergy 64:1644-8. 2009Administration of imipenem-cilastatin to patients with IgE-mediated hypersensitivity to beta-lactams has always been considered potentially harmful...
- A randomized prospective study of cefepime plus metronidazole with imipenem-cilastatin in the treatment of intra-abdominal infectionsJ Garbino
Division of Infectious Diseases, University Hospitals of Geneva, 24 Rue Micheli du Crest, CH 1211 Geneva 14, Switzerland
Infection 35:161-6. 2007..The aim of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of parenteral cefepime + metronidazole vs imipenem-cilastatin for the treatment of intra-abdominal infections in adult patients.
- Consumption of imipenem correlates with beta-lactam resistance in Pseudomonas aeruginosaPhilipp M Lepper
Section of Hospital Hygiene, Department of Medical Microbiology and Hygiene, Ulm University Hospital, Germany
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:2920-5. 2002..aeruginosa strains per month were isolated without epidemic clustering. Prescriptions of imipenem varied significantly during the study period, while prescriptions of other antipseudomonal agents were stable, ..
- Safety and efficacy of colistin compared with imipenem in the treatment of ventilator-associated pneumonia: a matched case-control studyH Kallel
Service de Reanimation Medicale, CHU Habib Bourguiba, Route el Ain Km 1, 3029, Sfax, Tunisia
Intensive Care Med 33:1162-7. 2007..Our study aimed to determine the efficacy and safety of colistin in the treatment of ventilator-associated pneumonia (VAP) caused by pan-drug-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa or Acinetobacter baumanii...
- Imipenem resistance among pseudomonas aeruginosa isolates: risk factors for infection and impact of resistance on clinical and economic outcomesEbbing Lautenbach
Division of Infectious Diseases, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, 19104 6021, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 27:893-900. 2006To identify risk factors for infection with imipenem-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa and determine the impact of imipenem resistance on clinical and economic outcomes among patients infected with P. aeruginosa.
- Recurrent infections caused by cefotaxime- and ciprofloxacin-resistant Salmonella enterica serotype choleraesuis treated successfully with imipenemShio-Shin Jean
Department of Critical Care Medicine and Internal Medicine, Min-Sheng General Hospital, Taoyuan, Taiwan, ROC
J Infect 51:e163-5. 2005..The patient was successfully treated with imipenem for 7 weeks...
- Prevalence of multi and pan drug resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa with respect to ESBL and MBL in a tertiary care hospitalS Jayakumar
Department of Microbiology, PSG Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Coimbotore
Indian J Pathol Microbiol 50:922-5. 2007..Minimum inhibitory concentration (MIC) for Imipenem and Meropenam was determined by broth dilution method...
- [Antimicrobial susceptibility of phenotypically extended spectrum beta-lactamase producing Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Acinetobacter baumannii isolates]Gokhan Metan
Erciyes Universitesi Tip Fakultesi, Enfeksiyon Hastaliklari ve Klinik Mikrobiyoloji Anabilim Dali, Kayseri
Mikrobiyol Bul 40:23-8. 2006..of the isolates to ceftazidime, cefotaxime, cefepime, tobramycin, ciprofloxacin, piperacillin-tazobactam, imipenem and meropenem were determined by Etest (AB Biodisk, Solna, Sweden) method. The susceptibility rates of A...
- First report of the carbapenem-hydrolyzing oxacillinase OXA-58 in Acinetobacter baumannii isolates in ItalyAlessia Bertini
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 50:2268-9. 2006
- [Analysis of drug resistance spectrum and its mechanism in 1017 clinical bacterial isolates]Sui-na Geng
Clinical Laboratory, Nanfang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou 510515, China
Di Yi Jun Yi Da Xue Xue Bao 25:1529-32, 1545. 2005..09%), E. faecalis (11.8%), and K. pneumoniae (7.57%). In gram-negative isolates, the susceptibility rate of imipenem was 81.5%, and that of ceftazidime was above 70%. The incidences of E.coli and K...
- Outbreak of Acinetobacter baumannii with chromosomally encoded VIM-1 undetectable by imipenem-EDTA synergy testsAlexandra Loli
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 52:1894-6. 2008
- Comparative in vivo efficacy of meropenem, imipenem, and cefepime against Pseudomonas aeruginosa expressing MexA-MexB-OprM efflux pumpsChristine T Ong
Center for Anti Infective Research and Development, Hartford Hospital, Hartford, CT 06102, USA
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 57:153-61. 2007To identify the optimal pharmacodynamic exposures of meropenem, imipenem, and cefepime, and the emergence of resistance in vivo for Pseudomonas aeruginosa overexpressing MexA-MexB-OprM efflux pumps, we used the murine thigh model...
- Detection of metallo betalactamase producing Pseudomonas aeruginosa in hospitalized patientsV Hemalatha
Department of Microbiology, Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute, Porur, Chennai 600116, India
Indian J Med Res 122:148-52. 2005..susceptibility testing to antipseudomonal drugs by disc diffusion, and minimum inhibitory concentration (MIC) of imipenem was determined...
- Role of outer membrane protein OprD and penicillin-binding proteins in resistance of Pseudomonas aeruginosa to imipenem and meropenemAnna Farra
Division of Internal Medicine, Department of Infectious Diseases, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, Solna, Stockholm, Sweden
Int J Antimicrob Agents 31:427-33. 2008The main mechanism of imipenem resistance in Pseudomonas aeruginosa is via downregulation of the gene for OprD porin...
- [Evaluation of disk diffusion test for carbapenem sensitivity in Acinetobacter baumannii and Pseudomonas aeruginosa strains]Ozay Arikan Akan
Ankara Universitesi, , Merkez Laboratuvarlari, Ankara
Mikrobiyol Bul 39:273-9. 2005..Carbapenem (imipenem and meropenem) sensitivites of 157 Acinetobacter baumanii and 157 Pseudomonas aeruginosa strains were performed ..
- Evaluation of dipicolinic acid for detection of IMP- or VIM- type metallo-beta-lactamase-producing Pseudomonas aeruginosa clinical isolatesSoichiro Kimura
Department of Microbiology and Infectious Disease, Toho University School of Medicine, Tokyo 1438540, Japan
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 53:241-4. 2005..100%, 92%, or 100% of >or=8 times (media, 32 times) reduction of MICs in presence of DPA for ceftazidime, imipenem, or meropenem, respectively...
- The relationship between the daily dosage of the carbapenem meropenem (MEPM) and MEPM-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosaShin ichi Harashima
Department of Clinical Research, Hara Doi Hospital, Fukuoka, Japan
J Infect Chemother 14:219-22. 2008..aeruginosa. In Hara-doi Hospital, two carbapenem antibiotics, imipenem (IPM) and meropenem (MEPM), are used for patients aged 65 years or older at a daily dosage of 1.0 g and 0...
- [Participation of metallo-beta-lactamases in resistance to imipenem and meropenem in clinical strains of Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Acinetobacter spp]Paweł Sacha
Zakładu Diagnostyki Mikrobiologicznej Akademii Medycznej w Białymstoku
Wiad Lek 61:30-6. 2008b>Imipenem and/or meropenem resistance has been observed commonly in nonfermenter species such as Pseudomonas aeruginosa (P. aeruginosa) and Acinetobacter spp...
- Pharmacodynamic modeling of beta-lactam antibiotics for the empiric treatment of secondary peritonitis: a report from the OPTAMA programSrividya Kotapati
Center for Anti-Infective Research and Development, Hartford Hospital, Hartford, Connecticut 06102, USA
Surg Infect (Larchmt) 6:297-304. 2005..of achieving bactericidal time above the minimum inhibitory concentration (MIC) (%T > MIC) exposures for imipenem-cilastatin 500 mg q6h and 1000 mg q8h, meropenem 500 mg q6h and 1000 mg q8h and piperacillin/tazobactam 3...
- [The frequency of PER-1 type extended spectrum beta-lactamases in nosocomial isolates of Pseudomonas aeruginosa]Pinar Zarakolu
Hacettepe Universitesi Tip Fakultesi, Iç hastaliklan Anabilim Dali, Enfeksiyon Hastaliklari Unitesi, Ankara
Mikrobiyol Bul 41:363-7. 2007..Of the PER-1 positive P. aeruginosa isolates, nine were resistant to imipenem/meropenem, and 11 were resistant to piperacillin-tazobactam and tobramycin...
- Prevalence and mechanisms of decreased susceptibility to carbapenems in Klebsiella pneumoniae isolatesSoo Young Kim
Department of Clinical Pathology, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, St Vincent s Hospital, Suwon 442 723, South Korea
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 57:85-91. 2007In this study, we examined the prevalence of and mechanisms of decreased susceptibility to either imipenem or meropenem in Klebsiella pneumoniae isolates. A total of 230 clinical isolates of K...
- Characterization of clinical isolates of Pseudomonas aeruginosa heterogeneously resistant to carbapenemsSpyros Pournaras
Department of Medical Microbiology, University of Thessalia, Mezourlo, Larissa, Greece
J Med Microbiol 56:66-70. 2007..Agar dilution MICs of imipenem and meropenem ranged from 0.5 to 4 mg l(-1) and from 0.25 to 2 mg l(-1), respectively...
- Carbapenem-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii: an emerging threat for patients with post-neurosurgical meningitisGokhan Metan
Int J Antimicrob Agents 29:112-3. 2007
- Collateral damage of flomoxef therapy: in vivo development of porin deficiency and acquisition of blaDHA-1 leading to ertapenem resistance in a clinical isolate of Klebsiella pneumoniae producing CTX-M-3 and SHV-5 beta-lactamasesChen Hsiang Lee
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical Center, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Chang Gung University College of Medicine, 123 Ta Pei Road, Niao Sung, Kaohsiung 833, Taiwan
J Antimicrob Chemother 60:410-3. 2007..The study aimed to characterize the genetic basis of flomoxef and collateral ertapenem resistance in a clinical isolate of extended-spectrum beta-lactamase-producing Klebsiella pneumoniae (ESBL-KP) after flomoxef exposure...
- Examination of cfiA-mediated carbapenem resistance in Bacteroides fragilis strains from a European antibiotic susceptibility surveyJ Soki
Institute of Clinical Microbiology, Faculty of General Medicine, University of Szeged, H 6725 Szeged, Somogyi Béla tér 1, Hungary
Int J Antimicrob Agents 28:497-502. 2006..Bacteroides strains collected in Europe in 2000 for antibiotic susceptibility surveillance, 65 isolates displayed imipenem minimum inhibitory concentrations (MICs) > or =1 mg/L and were chosen for a thorough analysis of their resistance ..
- Pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic modeling and simulation for in vivo bactericidal effect in murine infection modelTakayuki Katsube
Biostatistics Department, Shionogi and Co, Ltd, Sagisu 5 12 4, Fukushima ku, Osaka 553 0002, Japan
J Pharm Sci 97:1606-14. 2008..bactericidal effects for three carbapenem antibiotics, doripenem (DRPM), meropenem (MEPM)/cilastatin (CS), and imipenem (IPM)/CS, against a Pseudomonas aeruginosa (P. aeruginosa) strain is proposed...
- Relationship between the usage of carbapenem antibiotics and the incidence of imipenem-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosaShigeru Fujimura
Department of Microbiology, Miyagi University, 1 Gakuen, Taiwa cho, Miyagi 981 3298, Japan
J Infect Chemother 13:147-50. 2007..Two hundred and one P. aeruginosa strains were isolated from small (group S)hospitals that had adopted imipenem as a carbapenem antibiotic, and 188 were isolated from general (group G) hospitals, which employed three or four ..
- A novel insertion sequence, ISPA26, in oprD of Pseudomonas aeruginosa is associated with carbapenem resistanceJoanna C Evans
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 51:3776-7. 2007
- Optimising antibiotic dosing regimens based on pharmacodynamic target attainment against Pseudomonas aeruginosa collected in Hungarian hospitalsEndre Ludwig
Szent László Hospital, Department of Clinical Microbiology and Infectiology, Budapest, Hungary
Int J Antimicrob Agents 28:433-8. 2006..cumulative fraction of response (CFR) for standard dosing regimens of cefepime, ceftazidime, ciprofloxacin, imipenem, meropenem and piperacillin/tazobactam...
- Carbapenem resistance in clinical isolates of Pseudomonas aeruginosaF Walsh
University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom
J Chemother 19:376-81. 2007..The strains resistant to imipenem had lost only the OprD protein, the isolates resistant to imipenem and meropenem had both loss of the OprD porin ..
- Comparative in vitro activity of ertapenem against extended-spectrum beta-lactamase-producing Escherichia coli and Klebsiella pneumoniae isolated in SpainJose R Hernandez
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Seville, Av Sánchez Pizjuán S N, 41009 Seville, Spain
Int J Antimicrob Agents 28:457-9. 2006..Ertapenem activity was similar to that of imipenem and meropenem and better than that of the other antimicrobials tested...
- Carbapenem resistance in Klebsiella pneumoniae not detected by automated susceptibility testingFred C Tenover
Division of Healthcare Quality Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 12:1209-13. 2006..In this study, 15 blaKPC-positive Klebsiella pneumoniae that showed discrepant results for imipenem and meropenem from 4 New York City hospitals were characterized by isoelectric focusing; broth microdilution (BMD)..
- Preferential selection of IMP and VIM metallo-beta-lactamases by imipenem in Pseudomonas aeruginosaFiona Walsh
University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
Chemotherapy 53:407-9. 2007..and a carbapenem-resistant strain, containing either the IMP or VIM beta-lactamases, were exposed to imipenem. They developed resistance to both imipenem and meropenem...
- Investigation of metallo-beta-lactamase producing strains of Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Acinetobacter baumannii by E-test, disk synergy and PCRZerrin Aktas
Department of Microbiology and Clinical Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Scand J Infect Dis 40:320-5. 2008..b>Imipenem hydrolysis was investigated by a bioassay and IMP-/VIM-encoding genes by PCR...
- Combination carbapenem-sulbactam therapy for critically ill patients with multidrug-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii bacteremia: four case reports and an in vitro combination synergy studyNan Yao Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, National Cheng Kung University Hospital, Tainan, Taiwan
Pharmacotherapy 27:1506-11. 2007..Thus, a carbapenem-sulbactam combination may be a therapeutic alternative for multidrug-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii bacteremia in countries where colistin and tigecycline are not available for clinical use...
- Emerging resistance to carbapenems in a tertiary care hospital in north IndiaEkta Gupta
Department of Microbiology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
Indian J Med Res 124:95-8. 2006..In India carbapenems available for use are meropenem and imipenem, introduced recently. Resistance to these has been reported in a few bacteria especially Pseudomonas spp...
- Characterization of genetic diversity of carbapenem-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii clinical strains collected from 2004 to 2007Chao Qi
Department of Pathology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Clin Microbiol 46:1106-9. 2008..Analysis of carbapenemases by PCR revealed that imipenem resistance but not meropenem resistance was associated with the presence of bla(OXA-23) and bla(OXA-40) genes.
- [Metallo-beta-lactamase-producing gram-negative rods isolated from inpatients and outpatients, detected using Etest MBL]Alicja Rokosz
Med Dosw Mikrobiol 58:73-81. 2006..of November 2001 to the end of October 2005, one hundred and four strains resistant to carbapenem antibiotics--imipenem and meropenem were cultured from clinical samples obtained from patients of the Infant Jesus Clinical Hospital ..
- Prospective evaluation of imipenem/EDTA combined disc and Etest for detection of metallo-beta-lactamase-producing Pseudomonas aeruginosaL Berges
J Antimicrob Chemother 59:812-3. 2007
- Risk factors and clinical outcomes of nosocomial multi-drug resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa infectionsB Cao
Department of Pulmonary Medicine, Chinese Academy of Medical Science, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, No 1 Shuaifuyuan, Wangfujing Street, Dongdan, Beijing 100730, People s Republic of China
J Hosp Infect 57:112-8. 2004..Multivariate analysis demonstrated that previous exposure to imipenem/meropenem [odds ratio (OR), 44.8] and mechanical ventilation (OR 8...
- [The prevalence of beta-lactamase negative ampicillin resistant Haemophilus influenzae in Mie Prefecture]Tokuyoshi Maruyama
Division of Blood Transfusion, Mie University Hospital
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 78:891-7. 2004..In this study, six (8.1%) of 74 isolates were found to be BLNAR, and all of these six isolates were derived from patients of 5 year-old or younger...
- The comparison of in the vitro effect of imipenem or meropenem combined with ciprofloxacin or levofloxacin against multidrug-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa strainsIlknur Erdem
Clinic of Infectious Disease and Clinical Microbiology, Haydarpasa Numune Training and Research Hospital, No 153 4, 81150 Baglarbasi, Istanbul, Turkey
Int J Antimicrob Agents 20:384-6. 2002This study evaluated the in vitro effects of the combination of a carbapenem (imipenem or meropenem) with a quinolone (ciprofloxacin or levofloxacin) using a microbroth dilution chequerboard technique and multidrug-resistant Pseudomonas ..
- Multidrug resistant Acinetobacter baumannii,ROBERT BONOMO; Fiscal Year: 2009..derived cephalosporinase (ADC), OXA-23 and OXA-58 like carbapenemases are the major reasons for ceftazidime and imipenem resistance...
- Multidrug resistant Acinetobacter baumannii,ROBERT BONOMO; Fiscal Year: 2007..derived cephalosporinase (ADC), OXA-23 and OXA-58 like carbapenemases are the major reasons for ceftazidime and imipenem resistance...
- Multidrug resistant Acinetobacter baumannii,Robert A Bonomo; Fiscal Year: 2010..derived cephalosporinase (ADC), OXA-23 and OXA-58 like carbapenemases are the major reasons for ceftazidime and imipenem resistance...
- Antibiotic Hypersusceptibility Mutations in BacteriaAlexander Mankin; Fiscal Year: 2005..will identify multiple mutations increasing bacterial susceptibility to beta-lactams (ampicillin, ceftazidime, imipenem), translational inhibitors (erythromycin, linezolid, tetracycline, and chloramphenicol) and fluoroquinolone ..
- Antibiotic Hypersusceptibility Mutations in BacteriaALEX NEYFAKH; Fiscal Year: 2004..will identify multiple mutations increasing bacterial susceptibility to beta-lactams (ampicillin, ceftazidime, imipenem), translational inhibitors (erythromycin, linezolid, tetracycline, and chloramphenicol) and fluoroquinolone ..
- RESISTANCE TO BETA-LACTAM ANTIBIOTICSShahriar Mobashery; Fiscal Year: 2004..Specific Aim 4 details research in elucidating the mechanistic and structural aspects for turnover of imipenem, a clinically important beta-lactam antibiotic, by the common class A TEM-1 beta-lactamase...
- New Nosocomial Interventions to Decrease Antimicrobial Resistance TransmissionAnthony Harris; Fiscal Year: 2007..gown wearing by healthcare workers during all patient contact within the ICU setting will reduce MRSA, VRE, and imipenem-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa transmission, and be cost-effective...
- Epidemiology of emerging pathogens among hospitalizeds patientsAnthony D Harris; Fiscal Year: 2010..The reasons for the emergence of A. baumannii are unknown and no interventions have been successful at curbing this emergence. For these reasons, A. baumannii is a significant public health problem. ..
- Epidemiology of imipenem-resistant P.aeruginosaAnthony Harris; Fiscal Year: 2007..The incidence of antibiotic-resistant bacteria such as imipenem-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa is increasing...
- Novel Targets for Treatment of Pseudomonas aeruginosaPhilip Lister; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Study design importance in analyzing emerging pathogensAnthony Harris; Fiscal Year: 2005..The second aim will be done by combining epidemiological relatedness and molecular relatedness through pulse-field gel electrophoresis of ESBL cultures to quantify the importance of patient to patient transmission. ..
- QUINOLONE RESISTANCE IN NOSOCOMIAL URINARY INFECTIONSEbbing Lautenbach; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Quinolone resistant E coli in long term care facilitiesEbbing Lautenbach; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Clinical Impact of Quinolone-Resistant E.coli carriageEbbing Lautenbach; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Study of Mechanisms Leading to Multidrug-Resistant K. pneumoniae and A. baumanniiJohn Quale; Fiscal Year: 2007..The clinical and economic consequences of nosocomial infections due to multidrug-resistant bacteria are staggering. ..
- Novel Application of Infection Control Strategies to Limit Transmission of ESBL'SEbbing Lautenbach; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- REGULATION OF NEUTROPHIL OXIDATIVE RESPONSES IN TRAUMAJoseph Solomkin; Fiscal Year: 2004..Together, these studies will define potential points for therapeutic intervention and provide important insight into regulation of the acute inflammatory response. ..
- PLASMID MEDIATED QUINOLONE RESISTANCEGeorge Jacoby; Fiscal Year: 2001..Understanding how qnr acts may help to curtail the rise in quinolone resistance and may also provide fundamental insights into aspects of DNA replication. ..
- Plasmid-Mediated Quinolone ResistanceGeorge Jacoby; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- BIOLOGY OF INFECTIOUS DISEASES TRAINING PROGRAMHenry Chambers; Fiscal Year: 2007....