Genomes and Genes
Summary: Semisynthetic thienamycin that has a wide spectrum of antibacterial activity against gram-negative and gram-positive aerobic and anaerobic bacteria, including many multiresistant strains. It is stable to beta-lactamases. Clinical studies have demonstrated high efficacy in the treatment of infections of various body systems. Its effectiveness is enhanced when it is administered in combination with CILASTATIN, a renal dipeptidase inhibitor.
Publications240 found, 100 shown here
- Novel carbapenem-hydrolyzing beta-lactamase, KPC-1, from a carbapenem-resistant strain of Klebsiella pneumoniaeH Yigit
Hospital Infections Program, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 45:1151-61. 2001A Klebsiella pneumoniae isolate showing moderate to high-level imipenem and meropenem resistance was investigated. The MICs of both drugs were 16 microg/ml...
- Impact of imipenem resistance on mortality in patients with Acinetobacter bacteraemiaKi Tae Kwon
Division of Infectious Diseases, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, 50 Irwon dong, Seoul 135 710, Korea
J Antimicrob Chemother 59:525-30. 2007To investigate the impact of imipenem resistance on the mortality rate among patients with Acinetobacter bacteraemia.
- Antibiotic susceptibility of Burkholderia pseudomallei from tropical northern Australia and implications for therapy of melioidosisA W Jenney
Infectious Diseases Unit, Royal Darwin Hospital, Darwin, NT 0810, Australia
Int J Antimicrob Agents 17:109-13. 2001..Of these 163 (96%) were susceptible to meropenem/imipenem, ceftazidime, trimethoprim-sulphamethoxazole (SMX/TMP) and doxycycline...
- Emergence of oxacillinase-mediated resistance to imipenem in Klebsiella pneumoniaeLaurent Poirel
Service de Bacteriologie Virologie, Universite Paris XI, Hopital de Bicetre, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Faculte de Medecine Paris Sud, 94275 Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 48:15-22. 2004..The beta-lactamase OXA-48 hydrolyzed imipenem at a high level and was remotely related (less than 46% amino acid identity) to the other oxacillinases...
- Detection of Pseudomonas aeruginosa producing metallo-beta-lactamases in a large centralized laboratoryJohann D D Pitout
Division of Microbiology, Calgary Laboratory Services, 9, 3535 Research Road NW, Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2L 2K8
J Clin Microbiol 43:3129-35. 2005..Using NCCLS disk methodology, inhibition zone diameters were determined in tests with imipenem (IPM) and meropenem (MEM) disks alone and in combination with 930 microg of EDTA...
- High prevalence of metallo-beta-lactamase and 16S rRNA methylase coproduction among imipenem-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa isolates in BrazilYohei Doi
Division of Infectious Diseases, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Falk Medical Building Suite 3A, 3601 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh PA 15213, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 51:3388-90. 2007Rates of metallo-beta-lactamase and 16S rRNA methylase production were investigated in 51 imipenem-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa clinical isolates collected from hospitals in São Paulo, Brazil...
- Dissemination of imipenem-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii strains carrying the ISAba1 blaOXA-23 genes in a Chinese hospitalHua Zhou
The Key Laboratory of Infectious Disease of Public Health Ministry, First Affiliated Hospital, College of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang 310003, China
J Med Microbiol 56:1076-80. 2007An outbreak of 95 clinical infections with imipenem-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii in a Chinese hospital was investigated and the carbapenemase-encoding genes and their relationship with ISAba1 of these and a further 16 isolates ..
- Bacteremia due to Klebsiella pneumoniae isolates producing the TEM-52 extended-spectrum beta-lactamase: treatment outcome of patients receiving imipenem or ciprofloxacinAndrea Endimiani
Laboratorio di Microbiologia, Ospedale di Circolo and Università dell Insubria, Varese, Italy
Clin Infect Dis 38:243-51. 2004..disease" using the McCabe and Jackson classification, were investigated with regard to ciprofloxacin and imipenem response...
- Risk factors for acquisition of imipenem-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii: a case-control studySang Oh Lee
Division of Infectious Diseases, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Center for Antimicrobial Resistance and Microbial Genetics, University of Ulsan, Seoul, Korea
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 48:224-8. 2004Risk factors for the nosocomial occurrence of imipenem-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii (IRAB) were determined. A case-control study design was used for a comparison of two groups of A. baumannii-positive patients with control patients...
- Isolation of imipenem-resistant Enterobacter species: emergence of KPC-2 carbapenemase, molecular characterization, epidemiology, and outcomesDror Marchaim
Division of Epidemiology, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, 6 Weizmann St, Tel Aviv 64239, Israel
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 52:1413-8. 2008The prevalence of isolation of imipenem-resistant Enterobacter (IRE) strains is rising, with potential serious consequences in terms of patients' outcomes and general care...
- Characterization of a nosocomial outbreak caused by a multiresistant Acinetobacter baumannii strain with a carbapenem-hydrolyzing enzyme: high-level carbapenem resistance in A. baumannii is not due solely to the presence of beta-lactamasesG Bou
Servicio de Microbiologia, Hospital Ramon y Cajal, 28034 Madrid, Spain
J Clin Microbiol 38:3299-305. 2000..29 inpatients at Ramón y Cajal Hospital, Madrid, Spain, were determined to be either colonized or infected with imipenem- and meropenem-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii (IMRAB) strains (MICs, 128 to 256 microg/ml)...
- Risk factors for nosocomial imipenem-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii infectionsGulseren Baran
Department of Infectious Diseases and Clinical Microbiology, Ankara Numune Education and Research Hospital, Talatpasa Bulvari, Ankara, Turkey
Int J Infect Dis 12:16-21. 2008To identify the risk factors for nosocomial imipenem-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii (IRAB) infections.
- Efficacy of rifampin and its combinations with imipenem, sulbactam, and colistin in experimental models of infection caused by imipenem-resistant Acinetobacter baumanniiMaría E Pachón-Ibáñez
Service of Infectious Diseases, Instituto de Biomedicina de Sevilla, Hospitales Universitarios Virgen del Rocio, CSIC, Universidad de Sevilla, Seville, Spain
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 54:1165-72. 2010..We evaluated the efficacy of rifampin, imipenem, sulbactam, colistin, and their combinations against MDR A...
- Carbapenem resistance in Klebsiella pneumoniae not detected by automated susceptibility testingFred C Tenover
Division of Healthcare Quality Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 12:1209-13. 2006..In this study, 15 blaKPC-positive Klebsiella pneumoniae that showed discrepant results for imipenem and meropenem from 4 New York City hospitals were characterized by isoelectric focusing; broth microdilution (BMD)..
- Correlation between biofilm production and multiple drug resistance in imipenem resistant clinical isolates of Acinetobacter baumanniiR Srinivasa Rao
Department of Biotechnology, School of Life Sciences, Pondicherry University, R Venkataraman Nagar, Kalapet, Puducherry, India
Indian J Med Microbiol 26:333-7. 2008..We also verified the association between biofilm and presence of extended spectrum beta-lactamases, particularly, bla PER-1 ...
- Clusters of imipenem-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii clones producing different carbapenemases in an intensive care unitA Tsakris
Department of Microbiology, Medical School, University of Athens, Athens, Greece
Clin Microbiol Infect 14:588-94. 2008..2005-March 2007), 31 intensive care unit (ICU) patients in a Greek hospital were infected or colonised with imipenem-resistant isolates of Acinetobacter baumannii. Twelve patients died, with imipenem-resistant A...
- Imipenem-resistant Achromobacter xylosoxidans carrying blaVIM-2-containing class 1 integronKyeong Seob Shin
Department of Laboratory Medicine, College of Medicine, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju, 361 711 Republic of Korea
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 53:215-20. 2005We characterized seven isolates of imipenem-resistant Achromobacter xylosoxidans that were isolated from patients hospitalized in the intensive care unit at a tertiary hospital in Korea during 2001 to 2003...
- A copper-activated two-component system interacts with zinc and imipenem resistance in Pseudomonas aeruginosaOlivier Caille
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Medicine, Centre Medical Universitaire, University of Geneva, 1 rue Michel Servet, 1211 Geneva 4, Switzerland
J Bacteriol 189:4561-8. 2007..same time caused a decrease in the production of OprD porin, resulting in resistance to the carbapenem antibiotic imipenem. The CzcR regulator was known to repress oprD...
- Resistance of Pseudomonas aeruginosa to imipenem induced by eluates from siliconized latex urinary catheters is related to outer membrane protein alterationsL Martinez-Martinez
Department of Microbiology, School of Medicine, University of Seville, Spain
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 43:397-9. 1999The activity of imipenem against Pseudomonas aeruginosa HUS-3 decreased by 16 times in the presence of substances eluted from siliconized latex urinary catheters (SLUCs)...
- Outbreak of imipenem-resistant Acinetobacter calcoaceticus-Acinetobacter baumannii complex harboring different carbapenemase gene-associated genetic structures in an intensive care unitYi Tzu Lee
Department of Medicine, Chutung Veterans Hospital, Chutung, Hsinchu County, Taiwan
J Microbiol Immunol Infect 45:43-51. 2012To investigate the clinical and molecular epidemiology of the imipenem-resistant Acinetobacter calcoaceticus-Acinetobacter baumannii (IRAcb) complex during an outbreak in an intensive care unit (ICU).
- Plasmid-mediated imipenem-hydrolyzing enzyme KPC-2 among multiple carbapenem-resistant Escherichia coli clones in IsraelShiri Navon-Venezia
Division of Epidemiology, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 50:3098-101. 2006..PCR, sequencing, and Southern blot analysis identified KPC-2 as the imipenem-hydrolyzing enzyme in all four strains, carried on different plasmids with a possible common origin...
- In vitro activity of MK-7655, a novel β-lactamase inhibitor, in combination with imipenem against carbapenem-resistant Gram-negative bacteriaElizabeth B Hirsch
University of Houston College of Pharmacy, Houston, Texas, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 56:3753-7. 2012..We investigated the combined killing activity of imipenem and MK-7655 against four imipenem-resistant bacterial strains, using a mathematical model previously evaluated in ..
- Antimicrobial resistance determinants in imipenem-nonsusceptible Acinetobacter calcoaceticus-baumannii complex isolated in Daejeon, KoreaJi Youn Sung
Department of Biomedical Laboratory Science, Far East University, Eumseong, Korea
Korean J Lab Med 31:265-70. 2011..In the present study, we investigated the integrons and various genes involved in resistance to carbapenems, aminoglycosides, and fluoroquinolones in 56 imipenem-nonsusceptible Acb complex isolates.
- Inhibition of a cold-active alkaline phosphatase by imipenem revealed by in silico modeling of metallo-β-lactamase active sitesSandeep Chakraborty
Department of Biological Sciences, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Homi Bhabha Road, Mumbai 400 005, India
FEBS Lett 586:3710-5. 2012..0 after a 30min preincubation) by a specific β-lactam compound (only by imipenem, and not by ertapenem, meropenem, ampicillin or penicillin G)...
- Clonal spread of imipenem-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii among different cities of ChinaHua Zhou
The Key Laboratory of Infectious Disease of Public Health Ministry, First Affiliated Hospital, College of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China
J Clin Microbiol 45:4054-7. 2007A total of 342 imipenem-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii isolates (IRABs) were collected from 16 Chinese cities. Six predominant clones had spread widely, and four clones were detected in distant hospitals...
- OXA-143, a novel carbapenem-hydrolyzing class D beta-lactamase in Acinetobacter baumanniiPaul G Higgins
Institute for Medical Microbiology, Immunology, and Hygiene, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 53:5035-8. 2009..It hydrolyzed penicillins, oxacillin, meropenem, and imipenem but not expanded-spectrum cephalosporins. The bla(OXA-143) gene was located on a ca. 30-kb plasmid...
- Unexpected inhibition of peptidoglycan LD-transpeptidase from Enterococcus faecium by the beta-lactam imipenemJean Luc Mainardi
INSERM, U872, LRMA Pôle 4, Equipe 12 F 75006 Paris, France
J Biol Chem 282:30414-22. 2007..Here, we unexpectedly show that imipenem, a beta-lactam of the carbapenem class, totally inhibited Ldt(fm) at a low drug concentration that was sufficient ..
- Differences in phenotypic and genotypic traits against antimicrobial agents between Acinetobacter baumannii and Acinetobacter genomic species 13TUJung Hoon Lee
Department of Microbiology, Kyungpook National University School of Medicine, Daegu 700 422, Republic of Korea
J Antimicrob Chemother 59:633-9. 2007To investigate the differences in antimicrobial susceptibility and resistance mechanisms against imipenem between Acinetobacter baumannii and Acinetobacter genomic species 13TU.
- Increase of ceftazidime- and fluoroquinolone-resistant Klebsiella pneumoniae and imipenem-resistant Acinetobacter spp. in Korea: analysis of KONSAR study data from 2005 and 2007Kyungwon Lee
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seodaemun gu, Seoul, Korea
Yonsei Med J 51:901-11. 2010..We analyzed antimicrobial resistance data generated by Korean Hospitals and by a commercial laboratory in 2005 and 2007...
- Selection of heterogeneous vancomycin-intermediate Staphylococcus aureus by imipenemYuki Katayama
Department of Bacteriology, Faculty of Medicine, Juntendo University, 2 1 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 53:3190-6. 2009..We previously reported that laboratory mutant H14, obtained from VSSA strain Delta IP by exposure to imipenem (IPM), showed overexpression of the vraSR two-component system and a typical hVISA phenotype...
- Efficacy of tachyplesin III, colistin, and imipenem against a multiresistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa strainOscar Cirioni
Clinica delle Malattie Infettive, c o Ospedali Riuniti Ancona, Via Conca 71, 60200 Ancona, AN, Italy
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 51:2005-10. 2007..has been performed to compare the in vitro activity and the in vivo efficacy of tachyplesin III, colistin, and imipenem against a multiresistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa strain...
- Impact of antibiotic restriction on broad spectrum antibiotic usage in the ICU of a developing countryShahla Siddiqui
Department of Anaesthesia, Aga Khan University, Karachi
J Pak Med Assoc 57:484-7. 2007..To reduce rates of nosocomial pneumonia and cost of antibiotic therapy...
- Population pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of continuous versus short-term infusion of imipenem-cilastatin in critically ill patients in a randomized, controlled trialSamir G Sakka
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Friedrich Schiller University of Jena, Jena, Germany
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 51:3304-10. 2007..short-term infusion, results in a superior probability of target attainment as assessed by the fT(>MIC) value of imipenem. In this prospective, randomized, controlled clinical study, patients received either a loading dose of 1 g/1 g ..
- Imipenem-EDTA disk method for differentiation of metallo-beta-lactamase-producing clinical isolates of Pseudomonas spp. and Acinetobacter sppDongeun Yong
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Research Institute of Bacterial Resistance, Yonsei University College of Medicine, 134 Shinchon dong, Seodaemoon ku, Seoul 120 752, Korea
J Clin Microbiol 40:3798-801. 2002..The method using a disk with imipenem plus 750 micro g of EDTA differentiated all MBL-producing pseudomonads, and the sensitivity and specificity for ..
- Comparison of tigecycline with imipenem/cilastatin for the treatment of hospital-acquired pneumoniaAntonio T Freire
Santa Casa de Misericórdia de Belo Horizonte, Santa Efigenia, Belo Horizonte MG, Brazil
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 68:140-51. 2010To compare efficacy and safety of a tigecycline regimen with an imipenem/cilastatin regimen in hospital-acquired pneumonia patients, a phase 3, multicenter, randomized, double-blind, study evaluated 945 patients...
- Carbapenem-resistant strain of Klebsiella oxytoca harboring carbapenem-hydrolyzing beta-lactamase KPC-2Hesna Yigit
Bristol Myers Squibb Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Wallingford, Connecticut 06492, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 47:3881-9. 2003We investigated a Klebsiella oxytoca isolate demonstrating resistance to imipenem, meropenem, extended-spectrum cephalosporins, and aztreonam. The MICs of both imipenem and meropenem were 32 microg/ml...
- Emergence of high levels of extended-spectrum-beta-lactamase-producing gram-negative bacilli in the Asia-Pacific region: data from the Study for Monitoring Antimicrobial Resistance Trends (SMART) program, 2007Stephen P Hawser
International Health Management Associates Europe Sàrl, 4 Route de la Corniche, 1066 Epalinges, Switzerland
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 53:3280-4. 2009..ESBL-positive E. coli rates were also relatively high in China (55.0%) and Thailand (50.8%). Ertapenem and imipenem were the most active drugs tested, inhibiting over 90% of all species, including ESBL-positive isolates with the ..
- Comparison of imipenem and ceftazidime as therapy for severe melioidosisA J Simpson
Faculty of Tropical Medicine, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Clin Infect Dis 29:381-7. 1999..comparative treatment trial was conducted to compare the therapeutic efficacy of high-dose intravenous imipenem and ceftazidime for acute severe melioidosis...
- Biofilm formation in Acinetobacter baumannii: associated features and clinical implicationsJ Rodríguez-Baño
Seccion de Enfermedades Infecciosas, Hospital Universitario Virgen Macarena, Sevilla, Spain
Clin Microbiol Infect 14:276-8. 2008..Fifty-six (63%) isolates formed biofilm. These isolates were less frequently resistant to imipenem or ciprofloxacin than were non-biofilm-forming isolates (25% vs. 47%, p 0.04; and 66% vs. 94%, p 0...
- EDTA susceptibility leading to false detection of metallo-beta-lactamase in Pseudomonas aeruginosa by Etest and an imipenem-EDTA disk methodYiu Wai Chu
Int J Antimicrob Agents 26:340-1. 2005
- Imipenem resistance in Pseudomonas aeruginosa: emergence, epidemiology, and impact on clinical and economic outcomesEbbing Lautenbach
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6021, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 31:47-53. 2010Pseudomonas aeruginosa is one of the most common gram-negative hospital-acquired pathogens. Resistance of this organism to imipenem complicates treatment.
- Growth in glucose-based medium and exposure to subinhibitory concentrations of imipenem induce biofilm formation in a multidrug-resistant clinical isolate of Acinetobacter baumanniiElisabetta Nucleo
Department of Biomolecular Sciences and Biotechnology, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Milano, Italy
BMC Microbiol 9:270. 2009..Acinetobacter baumannii is emerging as an important nosocomial pathogen. Multidrug resistance, as well as ability to withstand environmental stresses, makes eradication of A. baumannii difficult, particularly from hospital settings...
- Evaluation of a new Etest for detecting metallo-beta-lactamases in routine clinical testingTimothy R Walsh
University of Bristol, United Kingdom
J Clin Microbiol 40:2755-9. 2002..Solna, Sweden) gradient formats were developed for detection of metallo-beta-lactamases based on the reduction of imipenem (IP) or ceftazidime (TZ) MICs in the presence of EDTA or 2-mercaptopropionic acid (MPA)...
- Widespread occurrence of aminoglycoside resistance due to ArmA methylase in imipenem-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii isolates in ChinaYun Song Yu
J Antimicrob Chemother 60:454-5. 2007
- Simple microdilution test for detection of metallo-beta-lactamase production in Pseudomonas aeruginosaRoberta Migliavacca
Dipartimento di Scienze Morfologiche, Eidologiche e Cliniche, sez di Microbiologia, Universita di Pavia, 27100 Pavia, Italy
J Clin Microbiol 40:4388-90. 2002A microdilution test measuring imipenem MICs in the presence or absence of a mixture of EDTA plus 1,10-phenanthroline was developed and tested on 190 Pseudomonas aeruginosa isolates, including 18 VIM- and 4 IMP-type metallo-beta-lactamase ..
- Epidemiology and impact of imipenem resistance in Acinetobacter baumanniiEbbing Lautenbach
Divisions of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Center for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6021, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 30:1186-92. 2009Acinetobacter baumannii is an emerging gram-negative pathogen that can cause healthcare-acquired infections among patients. Treatment is complicated for cases of healthcare-acquired infection with A. baumannii resistant to imipenem.
- Outer-membrane proteins pattern and detection of beta-lactamases in clinical isolates of imipenem-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii from BrazilS F Costa
Hospital das Clinicas da Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade de Sao Paulo, Brazil
Int J Antimicrob Agents 13:175-82. 2000In order to compare imipenem-sensitive and -resistant Acinetobacter baumannii strains isolated from three patients, ribotyping, plasmid, beta-lactamase detection and outer-membrane analysis were performed...
- Use of bacteriophage in the treatment of experimental animal bacteremia from imipenem-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosaJing Wang
Department of Immunology, Tongji Medical College, Wuhan, P R China
Int J Mol Med 17:309-17. 2006..Therefore in the present study, we examined the effectiveness of phages in the treatment of imipenem-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa (IMPR-Pa) infection in an experimental mouse model...
- Clinical study of the effectiveness of imipenem/cilastatin sodium as the antibiotics of first choice in the expectant management of patients with preterm premature rupture of membranesEiji Ryo
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Japanese Red Cross Medical Center, Tokyo, Japan
J Infect Chemother 11:32-6. 2005We carried out a study to evaluate the effectiveness of imipenem/cilastatin sodium (IPM/CS) in the expectant management of patients with preterm premature rupture of membranes (PPROM)...
- Emergence of imipenem resistance in clinical Escherichia coli during therapyJesús Oteo
Antibiotic Laboratory, Bacteriology Service, Centro Nacional de Microbiologia, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Carretera Pozuelo a Majadahonda, 28220 Majadahonda, Madrid, Spain
Int J Antimicrob Agents 32:534-7. 2008..epidemiology and the mechanisms of resistance of Escherichia coli isolated from two patients infected by imipenem-resistant strains are reported in this study. From one patient, three closely related consecutive isolates of E...
- In vitro activity of ACH-702, a new isothiazoloquinolone, against Nocardia brasiliensis compared with econazole and the carbapenems imipenem and meropenem alone or in combination with clavulanic acidLucio Vera-Cabrera
Servicio de Dermatologia, Hospital Universitario, Madero y Gonzalitos, Colonia Mitras Centro, Monterrey, NL, Mexico
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 54:2191-3. 2010..125 and 0.5 microg/ml. The same values for econazole were 2 and 4 microg/ml. The MIC(50) and MIC(90) values of imipenem and meropenem were 64 and >64 microg/ml and 2 and 8 microg/ml, respectively; the addition of clavulanic acid ..
- Clinical outcomes of patients with Klebsiella pneumoniae carbapenemase-producing K. pneumoniae after treatment with imipenem or meropenemScott A Weisenberg
Department of Medicine, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY 10065, USA
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 64:233-5. 2009Klebsiella pneumoniae carbapenemase (KPC)-producing K. pneumoniae may appear susceptible to imipenem or meropenem by routine susceptibility testing. We report a series of patients with infections caused by K...
- Synergistic anti-bacterial and proteomic effects of epigallocatechin gallate on clinical isolates of imipenem-resistant Klebsiella pneumoniaeYun Seok Cho
Department of Biotechnology, Soonchunhyang University, P O Box 97, Asan, Chung Nam 336 600, Republic of Korea
Phytomedicine 18:941-6. 2011b>Imipenem-resistant Klebsiella pneumoniae (IRKP) were used to explore the synergistic anti-bacterial and proteomic effects of imipenem alone or in combination with epigallocatechin gallate (EGCg)...
- Cyslabdan, a new potentiator of imipenem activity against methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, produced by Streptomyces sp. K04-0144. II. Biological activitiesAtsushi Fukumoto
Kitasato Institute for Life Sciences and Graduate School of Infection Control Sciences, Kitasato University, 5 9 1 Shirokane, Minato ku, Tokyo, Japan
J Antibiot (Tokyo) 61:7-10. 2008Cyslabdan produced by Streptomyces sp. K04-0144 was found to potentiate imipenem activity against methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA). The MIC value of imipenem against MRSA was reduced from 16 to 0...
- A randomized prospective study of cefepime plus metronidazole with imipenem-cilastatin in the treatment of intra-abdominal infectionsJ Garbino
Division of Infectious Diseases, University Hospitals of Geneva, 24 Rue Micheli du Crest, CH 1211 Geneva 14, Switzerland
Infection 35:161-6. 2007..The aim of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of parenteral cefepime + metronidazole vs imipenem-cilastatin for the treatment of intra-abdominal infections in adult patients.
- Ertapenem: no effect on aerobic gram-negative susceptibilities to imipenemDebra A Goff
College of Pharmacy, The Ohio State University Medical Center, Department of Pharmacy, 410 West 10th Ave, 368 Doan Hall, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Infect 57:123-7. 2008To describe any potential effect on in vitro susceptibility to imipenem for aerobic gram-negative bacteria following the addition of ertapenem to the formulary of a large teaching hospital.
- The effects of group 1 versus group 2 carbapenems on imipenem-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa: an ecological studyYehuda Carmeli
Division of Epidemiology, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Tel Aviv 64239, Israel
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 70:367-72. 2011Use of the group 2 carbapenems, imipenem and meropenem, may lead to emergence of Pseudomonas aeruginosa resistance. The group 1 carbapenem ertapenem has limited activity against P...
- Structure of the imipenem-hydrolyzing class A beta-lactamase SME-1 from Serratia marcescensWladimir Sougakoff
Laboratoire de Recherche Moléculaire sur les Antibiotiques LRMA, INSERM EMI0004, Faculté de Médecine Pitié Salpêtrière, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, 75634 Paris Cedex 13, France
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 58:267-74. 2002..beta-lactamase SME-1 from Serratia marcescens, a class A enzyme characterized by its significant activity against imipenem, has been determined to 2.13 A resolution...
- Imipenem heteroresistance induced by imipenem in multidrug-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii: mechanism and clinical implicationsHao Yuan Lee
Graduate Institute of Clinical Medical Sciences, Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Int J Antimicrob Agents 37:302-8. 2011..baumannii has been observed worldwide. Here we report the clinical impact and mechanism of imipenem heteroresistance (imipenem minimum inhibitory concentration of 6-32 μg/mL with the presence of resistant cells ..
- Metallo-beta-lactamase-producing Pseudomonas spp. in Korea: high prevalence of isolates with VIM-2 type and emergence of isolates with IMP-1 typeKyungwon Lee
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Yonsei University College of Medicine, 250 Seongsan ro, Seodaemun gu, Seoul, Korea
Yonsei Med J 50:335-9. 2009..Two Korean nationwide studies showed that metallo-beta-lactamases (MBLs)-producing-Pseudomonas spp. are not rare. The aim of this study was to assess the trends of MBL-producing isolates among imipenem-resistant isolates of Pseudomonas spp.
- The in vitro elution characteristics of vancomycin combined with imipenem-cilastatin in acrylic bone-cements: a pharmacokinetic studyDaniela Cerretani
Department of Pharmacology G Segre, University of Siena, Siena, Italy
J Arthroplasty 17:619-26. 2002..aim of this in vitro study was to compare the elution characteristics of vancomycin alone and in combination with imipenem-cilastatin from 3 acrylic bone-cements (CMW1 [DePuy International, Blackpool, UK], Palacos R [Schering-Plough, ..
- Meropenem monotherapy is as effective as and safer than imipenem to treat brain abscessesG Martin-Canal
Department of Infectious Diseases, Hospital Universitario Central de Asturias, Oviedo University School of Medicine, Celestino Villamil s n, 33006 Oviedo, Spain
Int J Antimicrob Agents 35:301-4. 2010..Fifty-nine adult patients with brain abscesses received either imipenem or meropenem (3-4g/day) or CSC for a mean of 5 weeks, in addition to neurosurgery in most cases...
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa carbapenem resistance mechanisms in Spain: impact on the activity of imipenem, meropenem and doripenemElena Riera
Servicio de Microbiología and Unidad de Investigación, Hospital Universitari Son Espases, Palma de Mallorca, Spain
J Antimicrob Chemother 66:2022-7. 2011..175/448) showing non-susceptibility (European Committee on Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing breakpoints) to imipenem (35%), meropenem (33%) and/or doripenem (33%) recovered in 2008-09 from 16 Spanish hospitals during the ..
- Nosocomial outbreak of imipenem-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa producing VIM-2 metallo-β-lactamase in a kidney transplantation unitS Hammami
Laboratoire Résistance aux Antimicrobiens, Faculté de Médecine de Tunis Université Elmanar, 15 Rue Djebel Akhdhar La Rabta 1007 Bab Saâdoun Tunis, Tunisie
Diagn Pathol 6:106. 2011Twenty four non replicate imipenem resistant P. aeruginosa were isolated between January and November 2008, in the kidney transplantation unit of Charles Nicolle Hospital of Tunis (Tunisia)...
- Spread of imipenem-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii of European clone II in Western ChinaChao He
Department of Laboratory Medicine, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Sichuan 610041, China
Int J Antimicrob Agents 38:257-60. 2011The aim of this study was to investigate the distribution of resistance genes and the clonal relationship amongst imipenem-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii isolates from ten hospitals in Western China as well as to compare the molecular ..
- Antimicrobial treatment of Capnocytophaga infectionsAnne Jolivet-Gougeon
Equipe Microbiologie, UPRES EA 1254, CHU Pontchaillou Rennes et Université de Rennes I, 2 Avenue du Professeur Leon Bernard, 35043 Rennes Cedex, France
Int J Antimicrob Agents 29:367-73. 2007..b>Imipenem/cilastatin, clindamycin or beta-lactamase inhibitor combinations are always effective and their use can be ..
- Efficacy and safety of tigecycline monotherapy vs. imipenem/cilastatin in Chinese patients with complicated intra-abdominal infections: a randomized controlled trialZhangjing Chen
Huashan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
BMC Infect Dis 10:217. 2010..In the current trial, tigecycline was evaluated for safety and efficacy vs. imipenem/cilastatin in hospitalized Chinese patients with cIAIs.
- Spread of integron-associated VIM-type metallo-beta-lactamase genes among imipenem-nonsusceptible Pseudomonas aeruginosa strains in Greek hospitalsP Giakkoupi
Department of Hygiene and Epidemiology, Medical School, Athens University, Greece
J Clin Microbiol 41:822-5. 2003Fifty-eight imipenem-nonsusceptible (MIC >or= 8 microg/ml) Pseudomonas aeruginosa strains isolated during May 2001 in 15 Greek hospitals were studied...
- Sulbactam efficacy in experimental models caused by susceptible and intermediate Acinetobacter baumannii strainsM J Rodriguez-Hernandez
Service of Infectious Diseases, University Hospital Virgen del Rocio, Avenida Manuel Siurot s n, 41013 Sevilla, Spain
J Antimicrob Chemother 47:479-82. 2001Sulbactam and imipenem were compared in an experimental pneumonia model in immunocompetent mice, using a susceptible strain of Acinetobacter baumannii, and in an experimental endocarditis model in rabbits, using an intermediately ..
- Plasmid-encoded carbapenem-hydrolyzing beta-lactamase OXA-48 in an imipenem-susceptible Klebsiella pneumoniae strain from BelgiumGaelle Cuzon
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 52:3463-4. 2008
- Multidrug resistant Acinetobacter baumannii: risk factors for appearance of imipenem resistant strains on patients formerly with susceptible strainsJung Jr Ye
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taoyuan, Taiwan
PLoS ONE 5:e9947. 2010..MDRAB) is an important nosocomial pathogen usually susceptible to carbapenems; however, growing number of imipenem resistant MDRAB (IR-MDRAB) poses further clinical challenge...
- Outbreak of infections caused by Pseudomonas aeruginosa producing VIM-1 carbapenemase in GreeceA Tsakris
Department of Microbiology, Medical School, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, 54 006 Thessaloniki, Greece
J Clin Microbiol 38:1290-2. 2000Resistance to imipenem and meropenem was observed in 211 (16.5%) isolates of Pseudomonas aeruginosa recovered in a Greek university hospital during 1996 to 1998...
- Clinically relevant plasma concentrations of colistin in combination with imipenem enhance pharmacodynamic activity against multidrug-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa at multiple inoculaPhillip J Bergen
Facility for Anti Infective Drug Development and Innovation, Monash Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 55:5134-42. 2011..investigate in vitro bacterial killing and resistance emergence with colistin alone and in combination with imipenem against multidrug-resistant (MDR) P. aeruginosa...
- Characterization of a carbapenemase-producing clinical isolate of Bacteroides fragilis in Scandinavia: genetic analysis of a unique insertion sequenceT R Walsh
Department of Pathology and Microbiology, University of Bristol, Bristol, UK
Scand J Infect Dis 37:676-9. 2005..K2-28 was shown to possess a functional metallo-beta-lactamase with a reduction in imipenem MIC from 256 to 3 mg/l in the presence of EDTA using the MBL E-test strip...
- Nosocomial outbreak by imipenem-resistant metallo-beta-lactamase-producing Pseudomonas aeruginosa in an adult intensive care unit in a Brazilian teaching hospitalRenata Cristina Cezário
Area Immunology, Parasitology and Microbiology at Universidade Federal de Uberlândia, Uberlândia Minas Gerais, Brazil
Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin 27:269-74. 2009To describe an outbreak of imipenem-resistant metallo-beta-lactamase-producing Pseudomonas aeruginosa, enzyme type bla, by horizontal transmission in patients admitted to a mixed adult ICU.
- Disposition of instilled versus nebulized tobramycin and imipenem in ventilated intensive care unit (ICU) patientsJoan R Badia
UVIR Institut Clínic de Pneumologia i Cirurgia Toràcica, Barcelona, Spain
J Antimicrob Chemother 54:508-14. 2004..Delivery of antibiotics to the lower respiratory tract could potentially achieve antimicrobial bronchial drug concentrations without toxicity...
- Clinical impact of imipenem-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa bloodstream infectionsCristina Suarez
IDIBELL, Infectious Diseases Service, Hospital Universitari de Bellvitge, University of Barcelona, L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
J Infect 58:285-90. 2009To describe the incidence and clinical characteristics of imipenem-resistant (IR) Pseudomonas aeruginosa bacteraemia.
- In vitro effect of minocycline and colistin combinations on imipenem-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii clinical isolatesThean Yen Tan
Laboratory Medicine Services, Changi General Hospital, 2 Simei Street 3, Singapore 529889
J Antimicrob Chemother 60:421-3. 2007..The study investigated the effect of colistin and minocycline when tested singly and in combination against Acinetobacter baumannii...
- OXA-60, a chromosomal, inducible, and imipenem-hydrolyzing class D beta-lactamase from Ralstonia pickettiiDelphine Girlich
Service de Bacteriologie Virologie, Hopital de Bicetre, 78 rue du General Leclerc, 94275 Le Kremlin Bicetre cedex, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 48:4217-25. 2004..It has a narrow-spectrum hydrolysis profile that includes imipenem. OXA-60-like enzymes were identified in several R. pickettii strains...
- Imipenem resistance of Pseudomonas in pneumonia: a systematic literature reviewMarya D Zilberberg
School of Public Health and Health Sciences, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA, USA
BMC Pulm Med 10:45. 2010..NPs in particular are likely to be caused by Pseudomonas aeruginosa (PA), ~20% of which in observational studies are resistant to imipenem. We sought to identify the burden of PA imipenem resistance in pneumonia.
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa biofilms exposed to imipenem exhibit changes in global gene expression and beta-lactamase and alginate productionNiels Bagge
Department of Clinical Microbiology, Rigshospitalet, and Department of Bacteriology, Institute for Medical Microbiology and Immunology, Panum Institute, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 48:1175-87. 2004..used the microarray technology to study the effects of subinhibitory concentrations of a beta-lactam antibiotic, imipenem, on gene expression in biofilm populations...
- Rapid imipenem/cilastatin desensitization for multidrug-resistant Acinetobacter pneumoniaSean K Gorman
CSU Pharmaceutical Sciences, Vancouver General Hospital, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Ann Pharmacother 37:513-6. 2003To report a successful case of rapid imipenem desensitization in a critically ill patient with multidrug-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii ventilator-associated pnemonia (VAP).
- Prevalence and diversity of carbapenemases among imipenem-nonsusceptible Acinetobacter isolates in Korea: emergence of a novel OXA-182Chang Ki Kim
Korean Institute of Tuberculosis, Seoul 137 900, South Korea
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 68:432-8. 2010Increase in multidrug-resistant Acinetobacter poses a serious problem in Korea. In this study, 190 imipenem (IPM)-nonsusceptible (NS) Acinetobacter isolates from 12 Korean hospitals in 2007 were used to determine species, prevalence, and ..
- First isolation of Burkholderia tropica from a neonatal patient successfully treated with imipenemZakuan Zainy Deris
Department of Medical Microbiology and Parasitology, School of Medical Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia Health Campus, 16150 Kubang Kerian, Kelantan, Malaysia
Int J Infect Dis 14:e73-4. 2010..Three consecutive blood cultures grew this organism. The organism was cleared from the blood after a course of imipenem and resolution of post-operative ileus...
- Structural basis for imipenem inhibition of class C beta-lactamasesBeth M Beadle
Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Biological Chemistry, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611 3008, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:3978-80. 2002To determine how imipenem inhibits the class C beta-lactamase AmpC, the X-ray crystal structure of the acyl-enzyme complex was determined to a resolution of 1.80 A...
- The role of patient-to-patient transmission in the acquisition of imipenem-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa colonization in the intensive care unitJ Kristie Johnson
Department of Pathology, Institute of Genomic Sciences, University of Maryland School of Medicine, 10 South Pine Street, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Infect Dis 200:900-5. 2009b>Imipenem-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa (IRPA) is an emerging problem. The causal role of antibiotic selective pressure versus patient-to-patient transmission has not been assessed using a large cohort.
- The impact of ertapenem use on the susceptibility of Pseudomonas aeruginosa to imipenem: a hospital case studyAna Lucia L Lima
Institute of Orthopedics and Traumatology, Hospital das Clinicas, University of Sao Paulo School of Medicine, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 30:487-90. 2009..Enterobacteriaceae infections in our hospital on the susceptibility of Pseudomonas aeruginosa to imipenem. The use of ertapenem was mandated for treatment of extended-spectrum beta-lactamase-producing Enterobacteriaceae ..
- The efficacy and safety of tigecycline for the treatment of complicated intra-abdominal infections: analysis of pooled clinical trial dataTimothy Babinchak
Medical Research Group, Wyeth Research, Collegeville, PA 19426, USA
Clin Infect Dis 41:S354-67. 2005..2 phase 3, double-blind trials designed to evaluate the safety and efficacy of tigecycline, versus that of imipenem-cilastatin, in 1642 adults with complicated intra-abdominal infections...
- Risk factors for ICU-acquired imipenem-resistant Gram-negative bacterial infectionsE Akinci
Department of Infectious Diseases and Clinical Microbiology, Ankara Numune Education and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
J Hosp Infect 59:317-23. 2005..This study investigated the risk factors for ICU-acquired imipenem-resistant Gram-negative infections...
- Early antibiotic treatment for BAL-confirmed ventilator-associated pneumonia: a role for routine endotracheal aspirate culturesFabrice Michel
Réanimation Médicale, Hopital Sainte Marguerite, 13274 Marseille Cedex 9, France
Chest 127:589-97. 2005....
- Risk factors for recovery of imipenem- or ceftazidime-resistant pseudomonas aeruginosa among patients admitted to a teaching hospital in BrazilCarlos Magno C B Fortaleza
Universidade Estadual de Campinas, Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 27:901-6. 2006The prevalence of resistance to imipenem and ceftazidime among Pseudomonas aeruginosa isolates is increasing worldwide.
- Differential effect of imipenem treatment on injury caused by cecal ligation and puncture in wild-type and NK cell-deficient beta(2)-microgloblin knockout miceVictor T Enoh
Department of Anesthesiology, The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555 0591, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 290:G277-84. 2006..To test this hypothesis, wild-type and beta2MKO/alphaAsGM1 mice were treated with the broad-spectrum antibiotic imipenem immediately after CLP to decrease the impact of systemic infection in our model...
- Meropenem and imipenem activity against Pseudomonas aeruginosa isolates from the MYSTIC ProgramPhilip J Turner
Infection Discovery Department, AstraZeneca, SK10 4TG Macclesfield, Cheshire, UK
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 56:341-4. 2006This article examines the activity of meropenem and imipenem against Pseudomonas aeruginosa isolates from the Meropenem Yearly Susceptibility Test Information Collection program between 1997 and 2005...
- Imipenem in patients with immediate hypersensitivity to penicillinsAntonino Romano
N Engl J Med 354:2835-7. 2006
- Penicillin-binding proteins of Bacteroides fragilis and their role in the resistance to imipenem of clinical isolatesJuan Ayala
Severo Ochoa Molecular Biology Centre, CSIC UAM, 28049 Cantoblanco, Madrid, Spain
J Med Microbiol 54:1055-64. 2005..The study focused on the role of PBP2Bfr and metallo-beta-lactamase in the mechanism of resistance to imipenem. The mechanism of beta-lactam resistance in B. fragilis was strain dependent...
- Increasing prevalence of imipenem-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa and molecular typing of metallo-beta-lactamase producers in a Korean hospitalIn Suk Kim
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Microb Drug Resist 11:355-9. 2005..and genetic relatedness among Pseudomonas aeruginosa were investigated with a recent high prevalence of imipenem resistance in a Korean hospital. During 2000-2003, a total of 116 non-duplicate imipenem-resistant P...
- High prevalence of ceftazidime-resistant Klebsiella pneumoniae and increase of imipenem-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Acinetobacter spp. in Korea: a KONSAR program in 2004Kyungwon Lee
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Yonsei University College of Medicine, 134 Shinchon dong, Seodaemun gu, Seoul 120 752, Korea
Yonsei Med J 47:634-45. 2006..coli (14%), ceftazidime- and cefoxitin-resistant Klebsiella pneumoniae (34% and 32%, respectively), and imipenem-resistant Acinetobacter spp. and Pseudomonas aeruginosa (17% and 24%, respectively)...
- Impact of carbapenem administration on systemic endotoxemia in patients with severe sepsis and Gram-negative bacteremiaE J Giamarellos-Bourboulis
4th Department of Internal Medicine, University of Athens, Medical School, Greece
J Chemother 18:502-6. 2006..i.d. of imipenem/cilastatin and 10 (group B) 2 g t.i.d. of meropenem...
- bla(OXA-51)-type beta-lactamase genes are ubiquitous and vary within a strain in Acinetobacter baumanniiAndrea Karina Merkier
Departamento de Microbiologia, Parasitologia e Inmunologia, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Paraguay 2155, P 12, Capital Federal, Argentina
Int J Antimicrob Agents 28:110-3. 2006..baumannii pulsed-field gel electrophoresis clones that were susceptible or resistant to imipenem, suggesting a controversial role in imipenem resistance...
- Imipenem resistance in Klebsiella pneumoniae is associated with the combination of ACT-1, a plasmid-mediated AmpC beta-lactamase, and the foss of an outer membrane proteinP A Bradford
Wyeth Ayerst Research, Pearl River, New York 10965, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 41:563-9. 1997..Most significantly, three K. pneumoniae strains were also resistant to imipenem (MICs, 8 to 32 micrograms/ml)...
- Imipenem levels are not predictable in the critically ill patientHoward Belzberg
Department of Surgery, Los Angeles County and University of Southern California Medical Center, 90033, USA
J Trauma 56:111-7. 2004Critically ill patients often demonstrate extremely unusual volumes of distribution (Vd) and half-lives (t1/2) of drugs. Imipenem is a widely used antibiotic in critically ill patients.
- Multidrug resistant Acinetobacter baumannii,ROBERT BONOMO; Fiscal Year: 2007..derived cephalosporinase (ADC), OXA-23 and OXA-58 like carbapenemases are the major reasons for ceftazidime and imipenem resistance...
- Multidrug resistant Acinetobacter baumannii,Robert A Bonomo; Fiscal Year: 2010..derived cephalosporinase (ADC), OXA-23 and OXA-58 like carbapenemases are the major reasons for ceftazidime and imipenem resistance...
- Multidrug resistant Acinetobacter baumannii,ROBERT BONOMO; Fiscal Year: 2009..derived cephalosporinase (ADC), OXA-23 and OXA-58 like carbapenemases are the major reasons for ceftazidime and imipenem resistance...
- Antibiotic Hypersusceptibility Mutations in BacteriaAlexander Mankin; Fiscal Year: 2005..will identify multiple mutations increasing bacterial susceptibility to beta-lactams (ampicillin, ceftazidime, imipenem), translational inhibitors (erythromycin, linezolid, tetracycline, and chloramphenicol) and fluoroquinolone ..
- Antibiotic Hypersusceptibility Mutations in BacteriaALEX NEYFAKH; Fiscal Year: 2004..will identify multiple mutations increasing bacterial susceptibility to beta-lactams (ampicillin, ceftazidime, imipenem), translational inhibitors (erythromycin, linezolid, tetracycline, and chloramphenicol) and fluoroquinolone ..
- RESISTANCE TO BETA-LACTAM ANTIBIOTICSShahriar Mobashery; Fiscal Year: 2004..Specific Aim 4 details research in elucidating the mechanistic and structural aspects for turnover of imipenem, a clinically important beta-lactam antibiotic, by the common class A TEM-1 beta-lactamase...
- Novel Targets for Treatment of Pseudomonas aeruginosaPhilip Lister; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Epidemiology of emerging pathogens among hospitalizeds patientsAnthony D Harris; Fiscal Year: 2010..The reasons for the emergence of A. baumannii are unknown and no interventions have been successful at curbing this emergence. For these reasons, A. baumannii is a significant public health problem. ..
- Epidemiology of imipenem-resistant P.aeruginosaAnthony Harris; Fiscal Year: 2007..The incidence of antibiotic-resistant bacteria such as imipenem-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa is increasing...
- Study design importance in analyzing emerging pathogensAnthony Harris; Fiscal Year: 2005..The second aim will be done by combining epidemiological relatedness and molecular relatedness through pulse-field gel electrophoresis of ESBL cultures to quantify the importance of patient to patient transmission. ..
- New Nosocomial Interventions to Decrease Antimicrobial Resistance TransmissionAnthony Harris; Fiscal Year: 2007..gown wearing by healthcare workers during all patient contact within the ICU setting will reduce MRSA, VRE, and imipenem-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa transmission, and be cost-effective...
- QUINOLONE RESISTANCE IN NOSOCOMIAL URINARY INFECTIONSEbbing Lautenbach; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Novel Application of Infection Control Strategies to Limit Transmission of ESBL'SEbbing Lautenbach; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Quinolone resistant E coli in long term care facilitiesEbbing Lautenbach; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Clinical Impact of Quinolone-Resistant E.coli carriageEbbing Lautenbach; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Study of Mechanisms Leading to Multidrug-Resistant K. pneumoniae and A. baumanniiJohn Quale; Fiscal Year: 2007..The clinical and economic consequences of nosocomial infections due to multidrug-resistant bacteria are staggering. ..
- PLASMID MEDIATED QUINOLONE RESISTANCEGeorge Jacoby; Fiscal Year: 2001..Understanding how qnr acts may help to curtail the rise in quinolone resistance and may also provide fundamental insights into aspects of DNA replication. ..
- REGULATION OF NEUTROPHIL OXIDATIVE RESPONSES IN TRAUMAJoseph Solomkin; Fiscal Year: 2004..Together, these studies will define potential points for therapeutic intervention and provide important insight into regulation of the acute inflammatory response. ..
- BIOLOGY OF INFECTIOUS DISEASES TRAINING PROGRAMHenry Chambers; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Plasmid-Mediated Quinolone ResistanceGeorge Jacoby; Fiscal Year: 2007....