Summary: A group of compounds having the general formula CH2=C(CN)-COOR; it polymerizes on contact with moisture; used as tissue adhesive; higher homologs have hemostatic and antibacterial properties.
Publications171 found, 100 shown here
- Use of tissue adhesives in the management of paediatric lacerationsA Mattick
Department of Accident and Emergency Department, The Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, Lauriston Place, Edinburgh EH3 9YW, UK
Emerg Med J 19:382-5. 2002
- Comparative study of suture and Cyanoacrylates in skin closure of ratsSandro Cilindro de Souza
Adventist Education Institute, Capoeiruçu, Bahia, Brazil
Acta Cir Bras 22:309-16. 2007..To compare the biocompatibility of ethyl-cyanoacrylate (ECA) and octylcyanoacrylate (OCA) wound closures to sutures in rat skin...
- [Cyanoacrylate adhesives for the synthesis of soft tissue]Sybele Saska
Instituto de Quimica de Araraquara, Universidade Estadual Paulista, Sao Paulo, SP, Brasil
An Bras Dermatol 84:585-92. 2009..Tissue adhesives have been used for the synthesis of wound due to their painless application and quick and easy handling...
- Posttraumatic pseudoaneurysm in scalp treated by direct puncture embolization using N-butyl-2-cyanoacrylate: a case reportHee Jin Yang
Department of Neurosurgery, Seoul National University Boramae Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Radiol 6:37-40. 2005..Direct puncture embolization was then performed, and the pseudoaneurysm was completely obliterated. Non-surgical treatment options for pseudoaneurysm are briefly discussed...
- Cytotoxic effects of cyanoacrylates used as retrograde filling materials: an in vitro analysisCledson Lima de Azevedo
Department of Endodontics, School of Dentistry, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
Pesqui Odontol Bras 17:113-8. 2003..The aim of this study was to evaluate the cytotoxic effects of Histoacryl and other two homologue ethyl cyanoacrylates, Super Bonder and Ultrabond, on cultured fibroblasts, using the Trypan blue dye exclusion assay...
- Strong, low-density nanocomposites by chemical vapor deposition and polymerization of cyanoacrylates on aminated silica aerogelsDylan J Boday
Materials Science and Engineering, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85721 0012, USA
ACS Appl Mater Interfaces 1:1364-9. 2009..220 g/cm(3) and up to 31 times stronger (flexural strength) than the precursor aerogel and about 2.3 times stronger than an unmodified silica aerogel of the same density...
- The efficacy of cyanoacrylate-derived surgical adhesive for use in the repair of lacerations during competitive athleticsA D Perron
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Virginia Health Sciences Center, Charlottesville 22906 0014, USA
Am J Emerg Med 18:261-3. 2000..Of these 31, all had good results at 7 days following repair. Dermabond retained its strength, durability, and skin apposition when the athlete was allowed to reenter competition following wound repair...
- Intratumoral injection of cyanoacrylate glue in head and neck paragangliomasDaniel Giansante Abud
Department of Interventional Neuroradiology, Foundation Rothschild, Paris, France
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 25:1457-62. 2004..We report our experience with the preoperative devascularization of head and neck paragangliomas by using direct puncture and an intralesional injection of cyanoacrylate...
- Evaluation of a new liquid occlusive dressing for excisional woundsAdam J Singer
Department of Emergency Medicine, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, New York 11794, USA
Wound Repair Regen 11:181-7. 2003..The liquid occlusive dressing is an effective microbial barrier and hemostatic agent resulting in fewer foreign body reactions than hydrocolloid-treated wounds or controls...
- The effect of a new tissue-adhesive wound dressing on the healing of traumatic abrasionsJ Quinn
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Dermatology 201:343-6. 2000..Octylcyanoacrylate is a new medical-grade adhesive with antimicrobial properties. It forms a thin, flexible, occlusive bandage...
- A prospective comparison of octyl cyanoacrylate tissue adhesive (dermabond) and suture for the closure of excisional wounds in children and adolescentsL Bernard
Children's Hospital and HealthCenter, 3030 Children's Way, Suite 408, San Diego, CA 92123, USA
Arch Dermatol 137:1177-80. 2001..09). CONCLUSION: The cosmetic outcome of cutaneous excisional surgery wounds closed with standard suturing was found to be superior to that of wounds closed with octyl cyanoacrylate...
- The clinical characteristics, endoscopic treatment, and prognosis for patients presenting with duodenal varicesShigenaga Matsui
Depertment of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Kinki University School of Medicine, Osaka Sayama 589 8511, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 55:959-62. 2008..This study investigated the clinical characteristics, endoscopic appearances, usefulness of endoscopic treatments, and survival of patients with duodenal varices...
- 2-octyl cyanoacrylate adhesive for conjunctival wound closure in rabbitsYuri M Kim
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Illinois at Chicago, USA
J Pediatr Ophthalmol Strabismus 40:152-5. 2003..To evaluate the efficacy and histology of 2-octyl cyanoacrylate in conjunctival wound closure in rabbits...
- Cyanoacrylates for skin closureWilliam H Eaglstein
Department of Dermatology and Cutaneous Surgery, University of Miami School of Medicine, FL 33136, USA
Dermatol Clin 23:193-8. 2005b>Cyanoacrylates (CAs) were not widely adopted for medical use until recently because of lingering concerns regarding the initial tissue toxicities of the short-chain CAs...
- The use of tissue adhesive for skin closure in body contouring surgeryFabio Xerfan Nahas
Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo EPM, Disciplina de Cirurgia Plástica, Brazil
Aesthetic Plast Surg 28:165-9. 2004..Abdominoplasty and mammoplasty are cosmetic surgeries that demand relatively more time for skin closure...
- Clinical characteristics and endoscopic treatment with cyanoacrylate injection in patients with duodenal varicesYingdi Liu
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Chinese PLA General Hospital, Beijing, China
Scand J Gastroenterol 44:1012-6. 2009..To summarize the clinical characteristics and evaluate the effectiveness of cyanoacrylate injection in patients with duodenal varices (DV)...
- A new acrylic tissue adhesive for conjunctival surgery: experimental studyJorge L Alio
Ophthalmology Department, Miguel Hernandez University, Alicante, Spain
Ophthalmic Res 35:306-12. 2003..To evaluate the clinical efficacy and the clinical and histopathologic tolerance of a new acrylic tissue adhesive (ADAL-2) versus 8/0 polyglactin sutures (Vicryl) for its use in conjunctival surgery...
- An octyl-2-cyanoacrylate formulation speeds healing of partial-thickness woundsS C Davis
Department of Dermatology and Cutaneous Surgery, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
Dermatol Surg 27:783-8. 2001..Occlusive dressings have been known to accelerate the rate of healing. Every year new dressings are being introduced in the marketplace...
- A prospective, randomized, controlled clinical trial of tissue adhesive (2-octylcyanoacrylate) versus standard wound closure in breast surgeryR Gennari
Department of Surgery, European Institute of Oncology, Milano, Italy
Surgery 136:593-9. 2004..To date, no studies have investigated tissue adhesive in breast surgery and costs. Our aim was to compare the tissue adhesive 2-octylcyanoacrylate (OCA) with standard suture in breast surgery...
- Dermabond skin closures for bilateral reduction mammaplasties: a review of 255 consecutive casesGregory R Scott
Department of Plastic Surgery, Kaiser Permanente San Diego Medical Center, CA 92110, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 120:1460-5. 2007..The purpose of this study was to review a large series of 255 consecutive bilateral reduction mammaplasty patients to evaluate the safety and efficacy of Dermabond for these procedures...
- In vitro assessment of microbial barrier properties of Dermabond topical skin adhesiveShubhangi Bhende
Corporate Microbiology and Sterilization Sciences, Ethicon, Somerville, New Jersey 08876, USA
Surg Infect (Larchmt) 3:251-7. 2002..The purpose of this study is to demonstrate that Dermabond Topical Skin Adhesive, 2-octylcyanoacrylate (a registered trademark of Ethicon) is an effective barrier against the penetration of microorganisms in an in vitro model...
- Cleft lip repair without suture removalT W Collin
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 62:1161-5. 2009..Subjective and objective data were collected and are presented to justify the continued use of this technique in the Newcastle Cleft Lip and Palate Unit...
- A review of the literature on octylcyanoacrylate tissue adhesiveAdam J Singer
Department of Emergency Medicine, Stony Brook Health Sciences Center, L3 058, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794 8350, USA
Am J Surg 187:238-48. 2004..We reviewed animal and human studies that evaluated its use for a variety of surgical indications and specialties. We also performed a meta-analysis of all clinical trials using octylcyanoacrylate...
- Comparison of the bacteriostatic effects, corneal cytotoxicity, and the ability to seal corneal incisions among three different tissue adhesivesWei Li Chen
Department of Ophthalmology, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Cornea 26:1228-34. 2007..To compare the bacteriostatic effects, corneal cytotoxicity, and ability to seal corneal incisions among fibrin glue and 2 commercially available cyanoacrylate derivatives: N-butyl cyanoacrylate and methoxypropyl cyanoacrylate...
- Use of Dermabond tissue adhesive in hand surgeryN J Hancock
Royal Hampshire County Hospital, Eastleigh and Winchester Hospitals NHS Trust, Winchester, UK
J Wound Care 16:441-3. 2007..To assess the efficacy and safety of a tissue adhesive for wound closure in elective hand surgery...
- Using Dermabond for wound closure in lumbar and cervical neurosurgical proceduresLance T Hall
Department of Neurosurgery, West Virginia University, Morgantown, West Virginia 26506, USA
Neurosurgery 56:147-50; discussion 147-50. 2005..There are no published studies using Dermabond on lumbar or cervical procedures. This study was undertaken to determine whether Dermabond is safe and efficacious to use in these common neurosurgical procedures...
- Prospective randomized trial of skin adhesive versus sutures for closure of 217 laparoscopic port-site incisionsSurena F Matin
Cleveland Clinic Foundation Minimally Invasive Surgery Center, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, OH, USA
J Am Coll Surg 196:845-53. 2003....
- Octyl 2-cyanoacrylate for repair of peripheral nerveAngela Pineros-Fernandez
Department of Plastic Surgery, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, VA 22903 1351, USA
Ann Plast Surg 55:188-95. 2005..These results indicate that the use of octyl 2-cyanoacrylate adhesive for nerve anastomoses is safe and effective and may have benefits compared with the use of sutures...
- Efficacy of octyl-2-cyanoacrylate tissue glue in blepharoplasty. A prospective controlled study of wound-healing characteristicsD Greene
Division of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Stanford University Medical Center, Calif, USA
Arch Facial Plast Surg 1:292-6. 1999..To compare the surgical efficacy and wound-healing characteristics of the tissue adhesive octyl-2-cyanoacrylate (approved by the Food and Drug Administration) with traditional suture closure in upper blepharoplasty...
- Octyl 2-cyanoacrylate in sutureless surgery of extraocular muscles: an experimental study in the rabbit modelB Ricci
Department of Ophthalmology, Catholic University of Rome, Italy
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 238:454-8. 2000..Thus far, however, the results obtained with tissue adhesives such as the cyanoacrylates instead of sutures have been less than satisfactory.
- A blinded, randomised, controlled trial of stapled versus tissue glue closure of neck surgery incisionsD M Ridgway
Scunthorpe General Hospital, Northern Lincolnshire and Goole Hospitals NHS Trust, Scunthorpe, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 89:242-6. 2007..This randomised, controlled trial compares these parameters in closures using tissue glue (Dermabond, Ethicon, UK) and skin staples...
- A randomized trial comparing octylcyanoacrylate tissue adhesive and sutures in the management of lacerationsJ Quinn
Section of Emergency Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109 0303, USA
JAMA 277:1527-30. 1997..To assess the effectiveness of a new tissue adhesive for laceration closure...
- Use of cyanoacrylate tissue adhesive under a diaperV J Ferlise
Division of Urology, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA
BJU Int 87:672-3. 2001..The incisions were cosmetically identical at 3 months of follow-up. CONCLUSION: Cyanoacrylate adhesive is a safe and effective method of skin closure that can be used under a diaper...
- Antibacterial properties of cyanoacrylate tissue adhesive: Does the polymerization reaction play a role?Ivana Lopes Romero
Department of Ophthalmology, Santa Casa de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Indian J Ophthalmol 57:341-4. 2009..To ascertain if the polymerization reaction also contributes additionally to the antibacterial effects of two commonly used cyanoacrylate tissue adhesives...
- Antibacterial analysis in vitro of ethyl-cyanoacrylate against ocular pathogensRoberta Pereira de Almeida Manzano
Department of Ophthalmology, Santa Casa de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Cornea 25:350-1. 2006..To analyze the antimicrobial properties of ethyl-cyanoacrylate (Superbonder, Loctite, Brazil) in vitro in different microorganisms related to corneal infections...
- Concomitant use of computer image guidance, linear or sigmoid incisions after minimal shave, and liquid wound dressing with 2-octyl cyanoacrylate for tumor craniotomy or craniectomy: analysis of 225 consecutive surgical cases with antecedent historical coJoon Cho
Department of Neurosurgery, Konkuk University, Seoul, South Korea
Neurosurgery 52:832-40; discussion 840-1. 2003..Somerville, NJ) for tumor craniotomy or craniectomy in our attempt to optimize craniotomy or craniectomy for tumor...
- Poly(ethylene glycol)-coated hexadecylcyanoacrylate nanospheres display a combined effect for brain tumor targetingIrène Brigger
Laboratory of Biopharmacy and Pharmaceutical Technology, UMR Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique 8612, Faculty of Pharmacy, Chatenay Malabry, France
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 303:928-36. 2002..The exact underlying mechanism of such affinity deserves further investigation, since it was observed to be as important as specific interactions described for immunoliposomes with the blood-brain barrier...
- Preliminary in vitro evaluation of 2-octyl cyanoacrylate (Dermabond) to seal corneal incisionsGloria Y S Leung
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, People s Republic of China
Cornea 24:998-9. 2005..To compare the efficacy of Dermabond with conventional nylon sutures for sealing linear corneal incisions...
- Dermabond tissue adhesive versus Steri-Strips in unilateral cleft lip repair: an audit of infection and hypertrophic scar ratesAndrew D H Wilson
Department of Plastic Surgery, Frenchay Hospital, Frenchay, Bristol, United Kingdom
Cleft Palate Craniofac J 45:614-9. 2008..The purpose of this study was to compare the infection and hypertrophic scar rates in unilateral cleft lip repairs, having had Steri-Strips or Dermabond tissue glue applied across the repair as the final stage...
- Persistent trigeminal artery terminating in the posterior inferior cerebellar artery: case reportSaad Ali
Department of Radiology, Section of Neuroradiology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Neurosurgery 62:E746-8; discussion E746-8. 2008..An unusual case of a patient with a trigeminal artery originating from the internal carotid artery and terminating as the dominant hemispheric branch of the posterior inferior cerebellar artery is presented...
- Cellular, histomorphologic, and clinical characteristics of a new octyl-2-cyanoacrylate skin adhesiveAxel Nitsch
Georg August University, University Hospital and Medical School, Goettingen, Germany
Aesthetic Plast Surg 29:53-8. 2005Short-chained cyanoacrylates have been used for many years for topical skin closure...
- Liquid embolic agents in the treatment of intracranial arteriovenous malformationsJay U Howington
Department of Neurosurgery and Toshiba Stroke Research Center, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, State University of New York at Buffalo, 3 Gates Circle, Buffalo, NY 14209, USA
Neurosurg Clin N Am 16:355-63, ix-x. 2005
- Embolotherapy of an arterioportal fistulaQi Chen
Department of Radiology, Maimonides Medical Center, 4802 10th Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11219, USA
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 30:1047-51. 2007..On the day following the procedure, the patient reported total remission of the abdominal pain and diarrhea. These results were maintained at 3 months follow-up...
- A novel technique and new grading scale for the embolization of cerebral vascular malformationsArun P Amar
Department of Neurosurgery, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8082, USA
Neurosurgery 59:S158-62; discussion S3-13. 2006..The authors sought to overcome these obstacles by developing a technique to enhance glue penetration into the fistula or AVM nidus itself...
- Primary treatment of an indirect carotid cavernous fistula by injection of N-butyl cyanoacrylate in the dural wall of the cavernous sinusAli Shaibani
Department of Radiology, Feinberg School of Medicine of Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Surg Neurol 67:403-8; discussion 408. 2007..Endovascular treatment is the treatment of choice, but because of their heterogeneous etiology and anatomy, an appropriate treatment plan must be tailored for each patient...
- Closure of long surgical incisions with a new formulation of 2-octylcyanoacrylate tissue adhesive versus commercially available methodsPhillip N V Blondeel
University Hospital Gent, De Pintelaan 185, 2K12C, B 9000, Gent, Belgium
Am J Surg 188:307-13. 2004..Topical 2-octylcyanoacrylate tissue adhesive is an alternative to traditional devices for closing short surgical incisions...
- Octyl-2-cyanoacrylate tissue glue (Dermabond) versus Monocryl 6 x 0 Sutures in lip closurePaul H M Spauwen
Department of Plastic Surgery, Radboud University Medical Center, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Cleft Palate Craniofac J 43:625-7. 2006..To assess the value of octyl-2-cyanoacrylate tissue glue in lip closure versus Monocryl stitches...
- Microneural anastomosis using cyanoacrylate adhesivesB H Choi
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, College of Dentistry, Yonsei University, South Korea
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 33:777-80. 2004..It was concluded that the cyanoacrylate repair deserves to be considered as an alternative to the conventional suture technique in microneural anastomosis...
- Pulmonary embolization of 2-octyl cyanoacrylate after endoscopic injection therapy for gastric variceal bleedingOtis B Rickman
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine and Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minn 55905, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 79:1455-8. 2004..The radiologist should be alerted so that the appropriate radiographic settings are used to make the diagnosis...
- [Dermabond--local skin bandage]R Velev
Akush Ginekol (Sofiia) 45:22-4. 2006
- Low morbidity associated with use of n-butyl cyanoacrylate liquid adhesive for preoperative transarterial embolization of central nervous system tumorsLouis J Kim
Division of Neurological Surgery, Barrow Neurological Institute, St Joseph s Hospital and Medical Center, Phoenix, Arizona 85013, USA
Neurosurgery 59:98-104; discussion 98-104. 2006..To determine the safety and efficacy of preoperative embolization of central nervous system tumors with n-butyl cyanoacrylate (NBCA) liquid adhesive...
- Cardiac device implant wound closure with 2-octyl cyanoacrylateRoman Pachulski
Alamo Heart Associates, San Antonio, Texas
J Interv Cardiol 18:185-7. 2005..6%) of the suture group (P=NS). In cardiac device implant closure 2-OCA obviated the need for topical antibiotics and dressing materials while facilitating wound care without increased complications...
- A modified percutaneous transhepatic variceal embolization with 2-octyl cyanoacrylate versus endoscopic ligation in esophageal variceal bleeding management: randomized controlled trialChun Qing Zhang
Department of Gastroenterology, Shandong Provincial Hospital, Jinan, Shandong, China
Dig Dis Sci 53:2258-67. 2008..We compared this PTVE with endoscopic band ligation (EVL) in the treatment of esophageal variceal bleeding...
- Intracranial mycotic aneurysm due to infective endocarditis--successful NBCA glue embolisationS K Misser
Inkosi Albert Luthuli Central Hospital, Durban
S Afr Med J 95:397-9, 403-4. 2005
- Wound approximation with tissue glue in circumcisionKeramettin Ugur Ozkan
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Kahramanmaras Sutcuimam University Medical Faculty, Kahramanmaras, Turkey
Int J Urol 12:374-7. 2005..To assess the feasibility of using tissue glue in the approximation of circumcision wounds in children...
- Octyl-2-cyanoacrylate tissue adhesive in external dacryocystorhinostomySteven H McKinley
Cullen Eye Institute, Department of Ophthalmology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 21:197-200. 2005..To review our experience using octyl-2-cyanoacrylate for closing the cutaneous incision in external dacryocystorhinostomy (DCR)...
- Prevention of systemic embolization associated with treatment of gastric fundal varicesAkio Matsumoto
Mayo Clin Proc 80:705. 2005
- [Octylcyanoacrylate (Dermabond) for skin closure at the time of head and neck surgery: a longitudinal prospective study]O Laccourreye
Service d otorhinolaryngologie et de chirurgie cervicofaciale, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Universite Paris V, 75015 Paris, France
Ann Chir 130:624-30. 2005..A prospective non-randomised evaluation of the octyl-2-cyanoacrylate (Dermabond) for skin closure in head and neck surgery...
- Evaluation of an absorbable cyanoacrylate adhesive as a suture line sealantPeter I Ellman
Department of Surgery, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
J Surg Res 125:161-7. 2005..A novel cyanoacrylate compound with less tissue reactivity was recently developed. The objective of this study was to assess this novel cyanoacrylate compound for the use as vascular suture line sealant...
- Embolization of type 2 endoleaks after endovascular repair of abdominal aortic aneurysms with use of cyanoacrylate with or without coilsS William Stavropoulos
Department of Radiology, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, 3400 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 19010, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 16:857-61. 2005..Aneurysm size remained unchanged in four patients (44%), decreased in four patients (44%), and increased in one patient (11%). No complications occurred. Initial results with the use of NBCA for endoleak embolization are encouraging...
- Adverse events of sutures: possible interactions of biomaterials?Rene G Holzheimer
Chirurgische Praxisklinik, Sauerlach München, Germany
Eur J Med Res 10:521-6. 2005..We do not know the cause for this change. For clarification evaluation of the tissue reactions of these biomaterials including possible interactions or combined reactions should be done...
- A comparison of three methods of wound closure following arthroplasty: a prospective, randomised, controlled trialR J K Khan
Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, Perth 6009, Western Australia
J Bone Joint Surg Br 88:238-42. 2006..We consider that skin staples are the skin closure of choice for both hip and knee replacements...
- The management of vein of Galen aneurysmal malformationsPierre L Lasjaunias
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Neuroradiology, Hopital de Bicetre, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Neurosurgery 59:S184-94; discussion S3-13. 2006....
- Transcranial puncture through the parietal and mastoid foramina for the treatment of dural fistulas. Report of four casesRene Chapot
Department of Neuroradiology, hôpital Dupuytren, Limoges, France
J Neurosurg 106:912-5. 2007..Complete cure of the DAVF was attained in all patients after injection of acrylic glue...
- A preliminary study of applying chemical biliary duct embolization to chemical hepatectomy in ratsFu Yu Li
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, West China Hospital of Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Dig Dis Sci 50:1161-5. 2005..In conclusion, CBDE might be a promising approach for achieving the effects of chemical hepatectomy. The combination of phenol and cyanoacrylate potentially acted as a more effective agent for biliary duct embolization...
- Resistance and stability of a new method for bonding biological materials using sutures and biological adhesivesJ M García Páez
Servicio de Cirugia Experimental, Clinica Puerta de Hierro, San Martin de Porres 4, 28035 Madrid, Espana
J Biomater Appl 19:215-36. 2005..These results need to be confirmed in future studies as they may be of value in the design and manufacture of cardiac bioprostheses...
- A prospective randomized trial comparing 2-octyl cyanoacrylate to conventional suturing in closure of laparoscopic cholecystectomy incisionsNavid Jallali
Department of General Surgery, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, United Kingdom
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 14:209-11. 2004..To compare 2-octyl cyanoacrylate (Dermabond) with conventional suturing for closure of laparoscopic cholecystectomy (LC) wounds in a prospective randomized controlled trial...
- A prospective comparison of octyl-2-cyanoacrylate and suture in standardized facial woundsJ G K Handschel
Department of Cranio and Maxillofacial Surgery, Heinrich Heine University, Moorenstr 5, D 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 35:318-23. 2006....
- Sutureless Lichtenstein: first results of a prospective randomised clinical trialChristian Helbling
Klinik für Chirurgie Kantonsspital Aarau, Buchserstrasse, Switzerland
Hernia 7:80-4. 2003..The results in group 2 were excellent, and there was no difference vs group 1. Furthermore, there was a tendency for better results in group 2. These results are very promising and justify a continuation of the study...
- Subcuticular closure versus Dermabond: a prospective randomized trialErin F Switzer
Department of Surgery, Eisenhower Army Medical Center, Fort Gordon, Georgia 30905, USA
Am Surg 69:434-6. 2003..Based on these findings we do not feel Dermabond is an acceptable alternative to subcuticular suture closure in inguinal herniorrhaphy incisions...
- Sutureless colonic anastomosis in the rat: a randomized controlled studyI Kanellos
Fourth Department of Surgery, Aristotle University, Antheon 1, Panorama, GR 55236 Thessaloniki, Greece
Tech Coloproctol 6:143-6. 2002..05). In conclusion, 2-octyl cyanoacrylate provides, under experimental conditions, a sutureless anastomosis equal in healing to the conventionally sutured one. The outcome may differ under demanding clinical situations...
- Comparing wound closure using tissue glue versus subcuticular suture for pediatric surgical incisions: a prospective, randomised trialC C P Ong
Department of Pediatric Surgery, KK Women s and Children s Hospital, 100 Bukit Timah Road, Singapore 229899
Pediatr Surg Int 18:553-5. 2002..68). No patient reported any rash, wound infection, or dehiscence. Tissue glue is easy to use with no complications and has equivalent cosmetic results, but is not faster than a subcuticular suture...
- Randomized study of the effectiveness of closing laparoscopic trocar wounds with octylcyanoacrylate, adhesive papertape or poliglecaproneS Maartense
Department of Surgery, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Surg 89:1370-5. 2002..This study was performed to analyse the efficacy of octylcyanoacrylate, a new tissue adhesive, adhesive papertape and poliglecaprone for wound closure in laparoscopy...
- [Long-term results of suture-free cutanous wound closure in head and neck incisions with octylcyanoacrylate topival skin adhesive]W E Rojas
Klinik für Hals Nasen Ohrenheilkunde und Plastische Kopf und Halschirurgie der RWTH Aachen, Germany
Laryngorhinootologie 81:644-8. 2002..Cyanoacrylate monomers have been developed for use as skin adhesives. So far, little is known about long-term results concerning functional and aesthetic results of wound closure with octylcyanoacrylate in head and neck region...
- Patch-and-glue technique for left ventricular free wall rupturePasquale Totaro
Ann Thorac Surg 74:294-5; author reply 295-6. 2002
- Coronary end-to-side sleeve anastomosis using adhesive in off-pump bypass grafting in the pigMarc P Buijsrogge
Heart Lung Center Utrecht, University Medical Center Utrecht, The Netherlands
Ann Thorac Surg 73:1451-6. 2002..In the exploration of facilitated coronary anastomosis strategies, we assessed a new octylcyanoacrylate adhesive in combination with a modified end-to-side sleeve anastomosis in off-pump bypass grafting in the pig...
- Arterial embolization of unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma with use of microspheres, lipiodol, and cyanoacrylateThomas Rand
Department of Angiography and Interventional Radiology, University of Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 28:313-8. 2005..TAE with the use of microspheres and Lipiodol and cyanoacrylate for unresectable HCC is a feasible treatment modality. Bland embolization with the use of microspheres can be used in patients for whom chemoembolization is not desired...
- Processes involved in the development of latent fingerprints using the cyanoacrylate fuming methodL A Lewis
Development Chemists, Analytical Chemistry Organization, Lockheed Martin Energy Systems, Inc, Oak Ridge, TN, USA
J Forensic Sci 46:241-6. 2001..When heat is used to accelerate the fuming process, typically a period of 2 min is required to develop the print. The optimum development time depends upon the concentration of cyanoacrylate vapors within the enclosure...
- Sutureless coronary anastomosis with an anastomotic device and tissue adhesive in off-pump porcine coronary bypass graftingMarc P Buijsrogge
Heart Lung Center Utrecht, University Medical Center Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 123:788-94. 2002....
- Tissue adhesive with adhesive strips for wound closureP Atkinson
Emerg Med J 20:498. 2003
- [Percutaneous transhepatic varices embolization with cyanoacrylate in the treatment of varices]Chun Qing Zhang
Department of Gastroenterology, Shandong Provincial Hospital, Jinan 250021, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 87:3389-93. 2007..To test the safety and validity of percutaneous transhepatic variceal embolization (PTVE) with tissue adhesive cyanoacrylate...
- A pilot study of 2-octyl cyanoacrylate injection for treatment of gastric fundal varices in humansDaniel S Rengstorff
Interventional Endoscopy Service, California Pacific Medical Center, San Francisco, California 94115, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 59:553-8. 2004..This pilot study prospectively evaluated the efficacy and safety of 2-octyl cyanoacrylate injection for treatment of gastric fundal varices...
- Octylcyanoacrylate skin closure in laparoscopyMichael J Sebesta
Wilford Hall Medical Center, Lackland AFB, Texas 78326, USA
JSLS 8:9-14. 2004..Octylcyanoacrylate (Dermabond) is a dermal bond useful in closing surgical skin incisions. We compared skin octylcyanoacrylate with subcuticular skin sutures to close laparoscopic trocar sites...
- N-butyl cyanoacrylate embolization for control of acute arterial hemorrhageJohn William Kish
Department of Radiology, Los Angeles County and University of Southern California Medical Center, 90064, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 15:689-95. 2004..To report the initial clinical experience with the use of n-butyl cyanoacrylate (NBCA) for embolization of acute arterial hemorrhage from varied etiologies and at varied anatomic sites...
- A new technique of tissue repair for ophthalmic surgeryGrant T Hoffman
Biomedical Engineering Program, Rose Hulman Institute of Technology, Terre Haute, IN 47803, USA
Biomed Sci Instrum 40:57-63. 2004..Future experiments will examine the optimization of application parameters and detail tensile strength time course studies...
- When endoscopic therapy or pharmacotherapy fails to control variceal bleeding: what should be done? Immediate control of bleeding by TIPS?Martin Rossle
Praxiszentrum, Bertoldstrasse 48, 79098 Freiburg, Germany
Langenbecks Arch Surg 388:155-62. 2003..In the case of ectopic varices terlipressin and cyanoacrylate embolization (if varices can be reached by endoscope) are in use...
- Randomized controlled comparison of cosmetic outcomes of simple facial lacerations closed with Steri Strip Skin Closures or Dermabond tissue adhesiveWilliam T Zempsky
Department of Pediatrics, Connecticut Children s Medical Center, University of Connecticut School of Medicine, Hartford, CT 06106, USA
Pediatr Emerg Care 20:519-24. 2004..To compare the short-term complications and long-term cosmetic outcomes of simple facial lacerations closed with 3M Steri Strip Skin Closures or Dermabond...
- Octylcyanoacrylate skin closure in laparoscopyMichael J Sebesta
Department of Urology MCSU, Wilford Hall Medical Center, 2200 Bergquist Drive, Suite 1, Lackland AFB, TX 78326, USA
J Endourol 17:899-903. 2003..Octylcyanoacrylate (Dermabond) is a tissue "glue" useful in closing surgical skin incisions. We compared skin octylcyanoacrylate with subcuticular skin sutures to close laparoscopic trocar sites...
- Percutaneous puncture and pre-operative cyanoacrylate obliteration of a traumatic false aneurysm of an angular artery branchF Huang
Departments of Plastic Surgery and Radiology, Chang Gung University, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, 123, Ta Pei Road, Niao Sung Hsiang, Kaohsiung Hsien 833, Taiwan
Br J Radiol 76:746-9. 2003..Intralesional obliteration with cyanoacrylate was subsequently performed smoothly. Succeeding excision was easy and the cosmetic outcome was excellent...
- In vitro and in vivo studies for modified ethyl cyanoacrylate regimens for sclerotherapyJ C Lin
Department of Chemical Engineering, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan 70101, ROC
J Biomed Mater Res 53:799-805. 2000b>Cyanoacrylates have known for their ability to polymerize rapidly in the presence of traces of weakly basic moieties such as water...
- Occupational asthma due to acrylates in a graphic arts workerI Reig Rincon de Arellano
Allergy Service, Hospital Clinico San Carlos, Madrid, Spain
Allergol Immunopathol (Madr) 34:32-6. 2006..Currently there are various types of acrylic compounds: acrylates, cyanoacrylates (such as tissue adhesives and home glues), and methacrylates (prostheses and dental and orthopedic fillings)...
- Microcatheter adhesion of cyanoacrylates: comparison of normal butyl cyanoacrylate to 2-hexyl cyanoacrylateJ D Barr
Department of Radiology, Penn State University College of Medicine, Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 10:165-8. 1999..To compare the catheter adhesion properties of 2-hexyl cyanoacrylate (Neuracryl M), a new agent, to those of normal butyl cyanoacrylate (Histoacryl), the most widely used liquid acrylic agent for microcatheter embolization...
- [An update on the use of tissue adhesives in ophthalmology]L Vera
Service d Ophtalmologie, Hopital Charles Nicolle, boulevard Gambetta, Rouen, France
J Fr Ophtalmol 32:290-305. 2009..Among the currently available adhesives, synthetic glues are mainly represented by cyanoacrylates and biologic glues by fibrin-based adhesives...
- [Contact dermatitis caused by acrylates among 8 workers in an elevator factory]J L Pérez-Formoso
Instituto de Salud Laboral Asepeyo Cartuja, Sevilla, Espana
Actas Dermosifiliogr 101:336-40. 2010..One of their main features is the ability to undergo polymerization. The most commonly used acrylic compounds are cyanoacrylates, methacrylates, and acrylates.
- Reducing needle-stick injuries with the use of 2-octyl cyanoacrylates for laceration repairC A Gordon
J Am Acad Nurse Pract 13:10-2. 2001To describe the effectiveness of 2-octyl cyanoacrylates (2-OCA) for repair of lacerations, reduction of needle-stick injuries to health care providers, patient satisfaction, and overall cost reduction.
- [Transient ischemic attacks as the only manifestation of a dural arteriovenous fistula]F Delgado-Acosta
Hospital Universitario Reina Sofia, Cordoba, Espana
Rev Neurol 37:931-4. 2003..Transient ischemic attacks (TIA), as the only clinical manifestation of a dural arteriovenous malformation, are very seldom seen in clinical practice...
- Endovascular treatment of brain arteriovenous malformations using onyx: preliminary results of a prospective multicenter studyL Pierot
Department of Radiology, Hôpital Maison Blanche Reims, France
Interv Neuroradiol 11:159-64. 2005..Several embolic agents have been proposed for embolization of brain AVMs like particles or cyanoacrylates. The main disadvantage of particles is the high frequency of recanalization...
- Effects of a mixture of a low concentration of n-butylcyanoacrylate and ethiodol on tissue reactions and the permanence of arterial occlusion after embolizationA Sadato
Toshiba Stroke Research Center, Department of Neurosurgery, State University of New York at Buffalo, USA
Neurosurgery 47:1197-203; discussion 1204-5. 2000b>Cyanoacrylates are the most commonly used liquid embolic agents...
- Hemostats, sealants, and adhesives: components of the surgical toolboxWilliam D Spotnitz
The Surgical Therapeutic Advancement Center, Department of Surgery, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908 1370, USA
Transfusion 48:1502-16. 2008..sealants as represented by fibrin sealants and polyethylene glycol hydrogels; and adhesives as represented by cyanoacrylates and albumin cross-linked with glutaraldehyde...
- Use of cyanoacrylate glue for the closure of uterine incisionsMustafa Basaran
Zonguldak Karaelmas University Faculty of Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Zonguldak, Turkey
Minim Invasive Ther Allied Technol 18:217-20. 2009..b>Cyanoacrylates are a group of molecules used as industrial adhesives. Newer cyanoacrylates are widely used in medicine...
- Allergic cutaneous diseases in hairdressersM Ferrari
Unità Operativa di Medicina Ambientale e Medicina Occupazionale, Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri, IRCCS, Via Ferrata 4, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Med Lav 96:102-18. 2005..Several cases of allergic contact dermatitis and contact urticaria in hairdressers have been described over the last few years...
- Tear-Resistant and Elastic Tissue Adhesive for Craniofacial ApplicationsSILVIA D LUEBBEN; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Alkyl 2-cyanoacrylates have been used as surgical glues and liquid band aids for years...
- Oxygen-Mediated Initiation of Thiol-ene Adhesives and SealantsTIMOTHY FRANCIS SCOTT; Fiscal Year: 2010..However, unlike cyanoacrylates, the chemical and mechanical properties of thiol-ene materials are readily varied...
- Omega-3 Fish Oil for Nonalcoholic SteatohepatitisStephen Caldwell; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Engineering Tendon Grafts for Better OutcomesChunfeng Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2010..This research proposal is to develop a novel method for engineering tendon surfaces to improve the outcomes of tendon reconstruction leading towards restoration of normal hand function. ..
- Effect of lipid modification on peripheral arterial disease (PAD)Christie Ballantyne; Fiscal Year: 2007..Finally, these studies will advance our understanding of the molecular mechanisms of inflammation and thrombosis associated with aggressive lipid modification. ..
- Effect of lipid modification on peripheral arterial dis*Alan Lumsden; Fiscal Year: 2006..Finally, these studies will advance our understanding of the molecular mechanisms of inflammation and thrombosis associated with aggressive lipid modification. ..
- Modified Hyaluronic Acid for Extrasynovial Tendon GraftChunfeng Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Effect of lipid modification on peripheral arterial dis*Alan Lumsden; Fiscal Year: 2004..Finally, these studies will advance our understanding of the molecular mechanisms of inflammation and thrombosis associated with aggressive lipid modification. ..
- Effect of lipid modification on peripheral arterial dis*Alan Lumsden; Fiscal Year: 2005
- Effect of lipid modification on peripheral arterial dis*Alan Lumsden; Fiscal Year: 2004
- Microarray Analysis of WoundsAMY COLWELL; Fiscal Year: 2004..We hypothesize these genes can be used to modulate the biology of adult wound healing. This first step will form our basis for developing treatment to induce scarless healing. ..
- Effect of lipid modification on PADAlan Lumsden; Fiscal Year: 2003