Genomes and Genes
Summary: A class of lipoproteins that carry dietary cholesterol and triglycerides from the small intestines to the tissues.
Publications232 found, 100 shown here
- Chylomicrons promote intestinal absorption of lipopolysaccharidesSarbani Ghoshal
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Digestive Diseases and Nutrition, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY, USA
J Lipid Res 50:90-7. 2009..The Golgi complex also contains newly formed chylomicrons, the lipoproteins that transport dietary long-chain fat through mesenteric lymph and blood...
- Glycosylphosphatidylinositol-anchored high-density lipoprotein-binding protein 1 plays a critical role in the lipolytic processing of chylomicronsAnne P Beigneux
Department of Medicine Division of Cardiology, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, and Children s Hospital Oakland Research Institute 94609, USA
Cell Metab 5:279-91. 2007The triglycerides in chylomicrons are hydrolyzed by lipoprotein lipase (LpL) along the luminal surface of the capillaries. However, the endothelial cell molecule that facilitates chylomicron processing by LpL has not yet been defined...
- Postprandial accumulation of chylomicrons and chylomicron remnants is determined by the clearance capacityMartin Adiels
Sahlgrenska Center for Cardiovascular and Metabolic Research Wallenberg Laboratory, Department of Molecular and Clinical Medicine, University of Gothenburg, Sweden
Atherosclerosis 222:222-8. 2012..To better understand the postprandial clearance of triglyceride-rich lipoproteins (TRLs) and its relation to the fasting kinetics of TRLs...
- Role of the low density lipoprotein (LDL) receptor pathway in the metabolism of chylomicron remnants. A quantitative study in knockout mice lacking the LDL receptor, apolipoprotein E, or bothS Ishibashi
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113, Japan
J Biol Chem 271:22422-7. 1996..in the plasma of the LDLR(-/-) mice was distributed in larger subfractions of triglyceride-rich lipoproteins, chylomicrons through very low density lipoprotein-C...
- Absence of microsomal triglyceride transfer protein in individuals with abetalipoproteinemiaJ R Wetterau
Department of Metabolic Diseases, Bristol Myers Squibb, Princeton, NJ 08543 4000
Science 258:999-1001. 1992..that is characterized by a defect in the assembly or secretion of plasma very low density lipoproteins and chylomicrons. The microsomal triglyceride transfer protein (MTP), which is located in the lumen of microsomes isolated from ..
- Intestinal lymphatic transport of halofantrine in rats assessed using a chylomicron flow blocking approach: the influence of polysorbate 60 and 80Marianne L Lind
Department of Pharmaceutics and Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Universitetsparken 2, Copenhagen, Denmark
Eur J Pharm Sci 35:211-8. 2008..Furthermore, there was a good correlation between the halofantrine transport to blood and lymphatics in the chylomicron flow blocking model and published results from the mesenteric lymph-cannulated model...
- Triglycerides and heart disease: still a hypothesis?Ira J Goldberg
Department of Medicine, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10032, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 31:1716-25. 2011..The time is more than ripe for new and creative approaches to understanding the relationship of triglycerides and heart disease...
- Evaluation of a chylomicron flow blocking approach to investigate the intestinal lymphatic transport of lipophilic drugsArik Dahan
Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, Faculty of Medicine, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, P O Box 12065, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
Eur J Pharm Sci 24:381-8. 2005..In conclusion, the chemical blockage of chylomicron flow provides a potential approach for lymphatic transport investigation, and may elucidate processes involving in the absorption of lipophilic compounds...
- Cholesterol esterification by ACAT2 is essential for efficient intestinal cholesterol absorption: evidence from thoracic lymph duct cannulationTam M Nguyen
Department of Pathology, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC, USA
J Lipid Res 53:95-104. 2012..would increase cholesterol absorption efficiency by providing cholesteryl ester (CE) for incorporation into chylomicrons. The assumption was that absorption would be proportional to Acat2 gene dosage...
- Measurement of human chylomicron triglyceride clearance with a labeled commercial lipid emulsionY Park
University of Missouri Kansas City, Department of Medicine and Cardiovascular Research Department, Mid America Heart Institute, Saint Luke s Hospital, 64111, USA
Lipids 36:115-20. 2001..Margination was reduced during the fed state, suggesting that native chylomicrons competed with lipid emulsion particles for endothelial lipoprotein lipase...
- Overexpression of apolipoprotein A-IV enhances lipid secretion in IPEC-1 cells by increasing chylomicron sizeSong Lu
Children s Foundation Research Center at Le Bonheur Children s Medical Center and Department of Pediatrics, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, Tennessee 38103, USA
J Biol Chem 281:3473-83. 2006..The EQQQ-rich region may play an inhibitory or modulatory role in chylomicron packaging in humans...
- Lymphatic chylomicron size is inversely related to biliary phospholipid secretion in miceAnniek Werner
Pediatric Gastroenterology, Department of Pediatrics, Groningen University Institute for Drug Exploration, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 290:G1177-85. 2006..Altered CM size may have physiological consequences for postprandial CM processing...
- Chylomicronemia with low postheparin lipoprotein lipase levels in the setting of GPIHBP1 defectsRemco Franssen
Department of Vascular Medicine, Academic Medical Center Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Circ Cardiovasc Genet 3:169-78. 2010....
- CD36 is important for fatty acid and cholesterol uptake by the proximal but not distal intestineFatiha Nassir
Department of Medicine, Division of Nutritional Science, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Biol Chem 282:19493-501. 2007..The findings support the role of CD36 in proximal absorption of dietary fatty acid and cholesterol for optimal chylomicron formation, whereas CD36-independent mechanisms predominate in distal segments...
- The novel apolipoprotein A5 is present in human serum, is associated with VLDL, HDL, and chylomicrons, and circulates at very low concentrations compared with other apolipoproteinsPeter J O'Brien
Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
Clin Chem 51:351-9. 2005..Despite these compelling molecular biology data, relatively little is known about ApoA5 protein in human serum...
- COPII proteins are required for Golgi fusion but not for endoplasmic reticulum budding of the pre-chylomicron transport vesicleShadab A Siddiqi
Division of Gastroenterology, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN 38163, USA
J Cell Sci 116:415-27. 2003..Together, these findings suggest that COPII proteins may not be required for the exit of membrane-bound chylomicrons from the ER but that they or other proteins may be necessary for PCTV fusion with the Golgi.
- A proposed model for the assembly of chylomicronsM M Hussain
Department of Biochemistry, School of Medicine, MCP Hahnemann University, Philadelphia, PA 19129, USA
Atherosclerosis 148:1-15. 2000The intestine synthesizes very low density lipoproteins (VLDL) and chylomicrons (CM) to transport fat and fat-soluble vitamins into the blood...
- Postprandial dyslipidemia in men with visceral obesity: an effect of reduced LDL receptor expression?J C Mamo
Department of Nutrition, Dietetics and Food Sciences, School of Public Health, Curtin University of Technology, Perth 6845, Australia
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 281:E626-32. 2001..ml(-1). h; RP: 3,120 +/- 511 vs. 1,308 +/- 177 U. ml(-1). h, respectively). A delay in the conversion of chylomicrons to remnants probably contributed to postprandial dyslipidemia in viscerally obese subjects...
- Scavenger receptor BI plays a role in facilitating chylomicron metabolismRuud Out
Division of Biopharmaceutics, Leiden Amsterdam Center for Drug Research, Gorlaeus Laboratories, 2300 RA Leiden, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 279:18401-6. 2004....
- A new method for the study of chylomicron kinetics in vivoY Park
Department of Medicine, University of Missouri Kansas City, St Luke s Hospital, Kansas City, Missouri 64111, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 279:E1258-63. 2000Our understanding of the metabolism of chylomicrons, the lipoprotein that transports dietary fat from the intestine to peripheral tissues, is incomplete...
- Effects of prior moderate exercise on exogenous and endogenous lipid metabolism and plasma factor VII activityJ M Gill
Human Muscle Metabolism Research Group, Loughborough University, Loughborough, LE113TU, UK
Clin Sci (Lond) 100:517-27. 2001....
- Glycosylation of Asn-76 in mouse GPIHBP1 is critical for its appearance on the cell surface and the binding of chylomicrons and lipoprotein lipaseAnne P Beigneux
Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Lipid Res 49:1312-21. 2008..GPIHBP1 binds both LPL and chylomicrons and is expressed on the luminal face of microvascular endothelial cells...
- A novel method for measuring intestinal and hepatic triacylglycerol kineticsFeifei Sun
Diabetes and Metabolic Medicine, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Surrey, Guildford, United Kingdom and
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 305:E1041-7. 2013..In fed study 2, 47% of the total TAG production rate (CM + VLDL1) was from CM. This methodology may be a useful tool for understanding the abnormalities in postprandial TAG kinetics in metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes...
- Absence of acute inhibitory effect of insulin on chylomicron production in type 2 diabetesJuan Patricio Nogueira
Unité Mixte de Recherche Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, University of La Méditerranée, Marseille, France
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 32:1039-44. 2012Overproduction of intestinally derived apoB-48-containing triglyceride-rich lipoproteins (TRLs) (chylomicrons) has recently been described in type 2 diabetes, as is known for hepatic TRL-apoB-100 (very-low-density lipoprotein) production...
- CD36 deficiency impairs intestinal lipid secretion and clearance of chylomicrons from the bloodVictor A Drover
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, State University of New York at Stony Brook, USA
J Clin Invest 115:1290-7. 2005..CD36 deficiency results in hypertriglyceridemia both in the postprandial and fasting states and in humans may constitute a risk factor for diet-induced type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease...
- Amounts and types of fatty acids in meals affect the pattern of retinoids secreted in human chylomicrons after a high-dose preformed vitamin A intakePatrick Sauvant
Unite Maladies Metaboliques et Micronutriments, INRA, Clermont Ferrand Theix, Saint Genes Champanelle, France
Metabolism 52:514-9. 2003..Newly absorbed vitamin A is secreted mainly as retinyl esters in chylomicrons. The effect of changing types and amounts of fatty acids on fatty acid composition of chylomicron retinoid ..
- Interchange of apolipoproteins between chylomicrons and high density lipoproteins during alimentary lipemia in manR J Havel
J Clin Invest 52:32-8. 1973..The increased activator content of triglyceride-rich lipoproteins was virtually confined to chylomicrons and its concentration in chylomicron apoprotein was substantially greater than that in very low density ..
- Influence of triacylglycerol structure on the postprandial response of factor VII to stearic acid-rich fatsThomas A B Sanders
Department of Nutrition and Dietetics, Nutrition Food and Health Research Centre, King s College London, United Kingdom
Am J Clin Nutr 77:777-82. 2003..It was hypothesized that this difference is a consequence of the differences in structure between the 2 triacylglycerols...
- Chylomicron remnant metabolism studied with a new breath test in postmenopausal women with and without type 2 diabetes mellitusC A Dane-Stewart
University Department of Medicine, Royal Perth Hospital, University of Western Australia and Western Australian Institute for Medical Research, Perth, Australia
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 58:415-20. 2003..We investigated chylomicron remnant metabolism using a stable isotope breath test and fasting measurements of plasma apolipoprotein (apo) B-48 and apoC-III concentrations in postmenopausal women with and without type 2 DM...
- Chylomicron-sized lipid particles are formed in the setting of apolipoprotein B deficiencyR L Hamilton
Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0452, USA
J Lipid Res 39:1543-57. 1998..for packaging large quantities of neutral lipids into apolipoprotein (apo) B-containing lipoproteins (chylomicrons or VLDL) are incompletely understood...
- A new function of Vitamin E-TPGS in the intestinal lymphatic transport of lipophilic drugs: enhancing the secretion of chylomicronsZhuoyang Fan
Key Laboratory of Smart Drug Delivery Fudan University, Ministry of Education and PLA, Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, Fudan University, Lane 826, Zhangheng Road, Shanghai 201203, China
Int J Pharm 445:141-7. 2013The purpose of this study was to examine whether Vitamin E-TPGS had a function in promoting the secretion of chylomicrons in enterocytes...
- Macrophages take up triacylglycerol-rich emulsions at a faster rate upon co-incubation with native and modified LDL: An investigation on the role of natural chylomicrons in atherosclerosisMárcia D T Carvalho
Lipids Laboratory LIM 10, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Cell Biochem 84:309-23. 2002b>Chylomicrons play a role in atherosclerosis, however, because the mechanisms involved in the cell uptake of these particles are not fully understood, investigations were carried out using a radioactively labeled protein-free ..
- Genes that affect cholesterol synthesis, cholesterol absorption, and chylomicron assembly: the relationship between the liver and intestine in control and streptozotosin diabetic ratsSean Lally
Department of Diabetes and Endocrinology, Trinity College, Dublin 18, Ireland
Metabolism 56:430-8. 2007b>Chylomicrons and very low-density lipoproteins (VLDLs) are abnormal in diabetes...
- Loss of the PlagL2 transcription factor affects lacteal uptake of chylomicronsFrederik Van Dyck
Department of Human Genetics, University of Leuven, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Cell Metab 6:406-13. 2007..Although chylomicrons are known to assemble in part within membrane secretory pathways, the modifications required for efficient ..
- Atorvastatin improves postprandial lipoprotein metabolism in normolipidemlic subjectsK G Parhofer
Department of Internal Medicine II, Klinikum Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 85:4224-30. 2000....
- The unsaponifiable fraction of virgin olive oil in chylomicrons from men improves the balance between vasoprotective and prothrombotic factors released by endothelial cellsJavier S Perona
Instituto de la Grasa CSIC, 41012 Sevilla, Spain
J Nutr 134:3284-9. 2004....
- Acceleration of uptake of LDL but not chylomicrons or chylomicron remnants by cells that secrete apoE and hepatic lipaseS Y Choi
Research Institute, Palo Alto Medical Foundation, CA 94301
J Lipid Res 35:848-59. 1994..125I-labeled LDL, chylomicron remnants, or chylomicrons were added to media at concentrations near their Kd...
- The GTPase ARFRP1 controls the lipidation of chylomicrons in the Golgi of the intestinal epitheliumAlexander Jaschke
Department of Experimental Diabetology, German Institute of Human Nutrition Potsdam Rehbruecke, D 14558 Nuthetal, Germany
Hum Mol Genet 21:3128-42. 2012..Here, we describe the essential role of ARFRP1 and its interaction with Rab2 in the assembly and lipidation of chylomicrons in the intestinal epithelium...
- Postprandial lipoprotein metabolism: VLDL vs chylomicronsKatsuyuki Nakajima
School of Health Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Gunma University, Maebashi, Gunma, Japan
Clin Chim Acta 412:1306-18. 2011Since Zilversmit first proposed postprandial lipemia as the most common risk of cardiovascular disease, chylomicrons (CM) and CM remnants have been thought to be the major lipoproteins which are increased in the postprandial ..
- Chylomicrons in disease-future challenges Invited keynote addressTrevor G Redgrave
Physiology, School of Biomedical, Biomolecular and Chemical Sciences, University of Western Australia, Nedlands, Western Australia 6009, Australia
Atheroscler Suppl 9:3-6. 2008..Acceptance of the premise that chylomicrons play a key role in atherogenesis brings new understanding to the mechanisms underlying empirical risk-reduction ..
- Incorporation of carotenoids from paprika oleoresin into human chylomicronsAntonio Pérez-Gálvez
Institute for Physiological Chemistry I, Henrich Heine University Düsseldorf, Dusseldorf, Germany
Br J Nutr 89:787-93. 2003..However, oleoresin is a suitable source for the provitamin A carotenoids beta-carotene and beta-cryptoxanthin and the macular pigment zeaxanthin...
- Uptake of lipophilic drugs by plasma derived isolated chylomicrons: linear correlation with intestinal lymphatic bioavailabilityPavel Gershkovich
Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, Faculty of Medicine, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, P O Box 12065, 91120 Jerusalem, Israel
Eur J Pharm Sci 26:394-404. 2005Association of a drug with chylomicrons in the enterocyte is an essential step in the lymphatic absorption pathway...
- Normal binding of lipoprotein lipase, chylomicrons, and apo-AV to GPIHBP1 containing a G56R amino acid substitutionPeter Gin
Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1771:1464-8. 2007..A hallmark of GPIHBP1 is the ability to bind lipoprotein lipase, chylomicrons, and apolipoprotein (apo-) AV...
- Are we ready for a prospective study to investigate the role of chylomicrons in cardiovascular disease?Jeffrey S Cohn
Nutrition and Metabolism Group, Heart Research Institute, 114 Pyrmont Bridge Road, Camperdown, NSW 2050, Australia
Atheroscler Suppl 9:15-8. 2008Intestinal chylomicrons and their remnants are believed to contribute both directly and indirectly to the onset and development of atherosclerosis...
- Fasted to fed trafficking of Fatty acids in human adipose tissue reveals a novel regulatory step for enhanced fat storageToralph Ruge
Nuffield Department of Clinical Medicine, Oxford Centre for Diabetes, Endocrinology, and Metabolism, University of Oxford, Oxford OX3 7LJ, United Kingdom
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:1781-8. 2009..Adipose tissue sequesters dietary fat and thus protects other tissues from excess fat exposure, especially after meals...
- Paraoxonase 1 (PON1) is present in postprandial chylomicronsBianca Fuhrman
The Lipid Research Laboratory, Technion Faculty of Medicine, The Rappaport Family Institute for Research in the Medical Sciences and Rambam Medical Center, Haifa 31096, Israel
Atherosclerosis 180:55-61. 2005..As diet affects serum PON1 activity, we questioned whether PON1 is also carried by postprandial chylomicrons. Chylomicrons were isolated by ultracentrifugation from plasma of 10 healthy men, 3h after the consumption of a ..
- The biogenesis of chylomicronsCharles M Mansbach
The University of Tennessee Health Science Center and the Veterans Administration Medical Center, Memphis, TN 38163, USA
Annu Rev Physiol 72:315-33. 2010....
- The expression of GPIHBP1, an endothelial cell binding site for lipoprotein lipase and chylomicrons, is induced by peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gammaBrandon S J Davies
Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Mol Endocrinol 22:2496-504. 2008..GPIHBP1 binds lipoprotein lipase and chylomicrons and is expressed along the luminal surface of microvascular endothelial cells...
- Localization of microsomal triglyceride transfer protein in the Golgi: possible role in the assembly of chylomicronsEmile Levy
Department of Nutrition, Hôpital Sainte Justine and University of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec H3T 1C5, Canada
J Biol Chem 277:16470-7. 2002..The occurrence of membrane-associated apoB in the Golgi, coupled with its interaction with active MTP, suggests an important role for the Golgi in the biogenesis of apoB-containing lipoproteins...
- Accelerated lipid absorption in mice overexpressing intestinal SR-BIFlorence Bietrix
INSERM U 563, Centre de Physiopathologie de Toulouse Purpan, Département Lipoprotéines et Médiateurs Lipidiques, IFR30 and Université Paul Sabatier, 31024 Toulouse Cedex 3, France
J Biol Chem 281:7214-9. 2006..Thus, we described for the first time a functional role in vivo for SR-BI in cholesterol but also in triglyceride intestinal absorption...
- Chylomicronemia with a mutant GPIHBP1 (Q115P) that cannot bind lipoprotein lipaseAnne P Beigneux
Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 29:956-62. 2009GPIHBP1 is an endothelial cell protein that binds lipoprotein lipase (LPL) and chylomicrons. Because GPIHBP1 deficiency causes chylomicronemia in mice, we sought to determine whether some cases of chylomicronemia in humans could be ..
- APOLIPOPROTEIN B: mRNA editing, lipoprotein assembly, and presecretory degradationN O Davidson
Departments of Medicine and Molecular Biology and Pharmacology, Washington University Medical School, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Annu Rev Nutr 20:169-93. 2000..These droplets fuse with nascent apoB-containing particles to form mature, very low-density lipoproteins or chylomicrons. In cultured hepatic cells, lipid availability dictates the rate of apoB production...
- Development and physiological regulation of intestinal lipid absorption. II. Dietary lipid absorption, complex lipid synthesis, and the intracellular packaging and secretion of chylomicronsCharles M Mansbach
Division of Gastroenterology, The Univ of Tennessee Health Science Center, 920 Madison Ave, Suite 240, Memphis, TN 38163, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 293:G645-50. 2007..aspects of this process from the mechanisms of fatty acid uptake to the control of triacylglycerol export in chylomicrons. Recent advances have included the identification of a number of fatty acid transporters, the discovery of ..
- Cellular aspects of intestinal lipoprotein assembly in Psammomys obesus: a model of insulin resistance and type 2 diabetesMonika Zoltowska
Department of Nutrition, Centre de Recherche, Hopital Sainte Justine, and Université de Montréal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Diabetes 52:2539-45. 2003..exhibited high levels of triglycerides (TGs) in the plasma and intestine and postprandial plasma chylomicrons and apo B-48 compared with normoglycemic/normoinsulinemic animals...
- Development and physiological regulation of intestinal lipid absorption. I. Development of intestinal lipid absorption: cellular events in chylomicron assembly and secretionDennis D Black
Children s Foundation Research Center of Memphis, Le Bonheur Children s Medical Center, 50 N Dunlap Street, Memphis, TN 38103, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 293:G519-24. 2007The newborn mammal must efficiently absorb dietary fat, predominantly as triacylglycerol, and produce chylomicrons to deliver this lipid to peripheral tissues...
- Chylomicron- and VLDL-derived lipids enter the heart through different pathways: in vivo evidence for receptor- and non-receptor-mediated fatty acid uptakeKalyani G Bharadwaj
Division of Preventive Medicine and Nutrition, Department of Medicine, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Biol Chem 285:37976-86. 2010..However, LpL but not CD36 deficiency decreased VLDL-cholesteryl ester uptake. Endogenously labeled mouse chylomicrons were produced by tamoxifen treatment of β-actin-MerCreMer/LpL(flox/flox) mice...
- Mutation of conserved cysteines in the Ly6 domain of GPIHBP1 in familial chylomicronemiaGunilla Olivecrona
Department of Medical Biosciences Physiological Chemistry, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
J Lipid Res 51:1535-45. 2010..Thus, the conserved cysteines in the Ly6 domain are crucial for GPIHBP1 function...
- The identification of a novel endoplasmic reticulum to Golgi SNARE complex used by the prechylomicron transport vesicleShadab A Siddiqi
Division of Gastroenterology, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, 38163, USA
J Biol Chem 281:20974-82. 2006..The rate-limiting step in the transit of chylomicrons through the enterocyte is the exit of chylomicrons from the endoplasmic reticulum in prechylomicron transport ..
- Mechanisms of provitamin A (carotenoid) and vitamin A (retinol) transport into and out of intestinal Caco-2 cellsAlexandrine During
Department of International Health, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
J Lipid Res 48:2283-94. 2007..efflux into basolateral medium (BM) increased linearly with time, ROL in the nonlipoprotein fraction and REs in chylomicrons (CMs). In contrast to carotenoids, ROL uptake was proportional to ROL concentration (0.5-110 microM)...
- Size distributions of chylomicrons from human lymph from dynamic light scattering measurementsH Ruf
Max Planck Institut fur Biophysik, Frankfurt a M, Germany
Eur Biophys J 28:1-11. 1999b>Chylomicrons, the vehicles for the transport of exogeneous triglycerides and cholesterol in the lymph and the blood, were characterized by their size from dynamic light scattering measurements...
- Variable phenotypic expression of chylomicron retention disease in a kindred carrying a mutation of the Sara2 geneAngelo B Cefalù
Departmet of Clinical Medicine and Emerging Diseases, University of Palermo, I 90127 Palermo, Italy
Metabolism 59:463-7. 2010..More studies are needed to understand the reasons of the phenotypic variability of the same molecular defect in the same family...
- Postprandial chylomicrons: potent vehicles for transporting cholesterol from endogenous LDL+HDL and cell membranes to the liver via LCAT and CETPByung Hong Chung
Atherosclerosis Research Unit, Department of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
J Lipid Res 45:1242-55. 2004We examined whether postprandial (PP) chylomicrons (CMs) can serve as vehicles for transporting cholesterol from endogenous cholesterol-rich lipoprotein (LDL+HDL) fractions and cell membranes to the liver via lecithin:cholesterol ..
- Adenovirus-mediated hepatic overexpression of scavenger receptor class B type I accelerates chylomicron metabolism in C57BL/6J miceRuud Out
Division of Biopharmaceutics, Leiden Amsterdam Center for Drug Research, Gorlaeus Laboratories, 2300 RA Leiden, The Netherlands
J Lipid Res 46:1172-81. 2005....
- Vitamin A intake affects the contribution of chylomicrons vs. retinol-binding protein to milk vitamin A in lactating ratsM H Green
Nutrition Department, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
J Nutr 131:1279-82. 2001To investigate the influence of vitamin A intake on the contribution of chylomicrons vs...
- Initial hepatic removal of chylomicron remnants is unaffected but endocytosis is delayed in mice lacking the low density lipoprotein receptorJ Herz
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75235, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 92:4611-5. 1995..The rate of chylomicron remnant removal by the liver was normal up to 30 min after intravenous injection of chylomicrons into LDLR (-/-) mice and was unaffected by receptor-associated protein (RAP), a potent inhibitor of ligand ..
- Homozygous missense mutation (G56R) in glycosylphosphatidylinositol-anchored high-density lipoprotein-binding protein 1 (GPI-HBP1) in two siblings with fasting chylomicronemia (MIM 144650)Jian Wang
Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Western Ontario and Vascular Biology Research Group, Robarts Research Institute, London, Ontario, N6A 5K8, Canada
Lipids Health Dis 6:23. 2007....
- Lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-binding protein mediates LPS detoxification by chylomicronsAnita C E Vreugdenhil
Nutrition and Toxicology Research Institute Maastricht, Department of General Surgery, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
J Immunol 170:1399-405. 2003b>Chylomicrons have been shown to protect against endotoxin-induced lethality. LPS-binding protein (LBP) is involved in the inactivation of bacterial toxin by lipoproteins...
- Olive oil increases the number of triacylglycerol-rich chylomicron particles compared with other oils: an effect retained when a second standard meal is fedKim G Jackson
Hugh Sinclair Unit of Human Nutrition, School of Food Biosciences, University of Reading, Reading, United Kingdom
Am J Clin Nutr 76:942-9. 2002..There is a rapid appearance of chylomicrons in the circulation carrying fat ingested with the first meal, with a peak 1 h after the second meal.
- Retinoid absorption and storage is impaired in mice lacking lecithin:retinol acyltransferase (LRAT)Sheila M O'Byrne
Institute of Human Nutrition, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Biol Chem 280:35647-57. 2005..Lrat-/- mice absorb dietary retinol primarily as free retinol in chylomicrons; however, retinyl esters are also present within the chylomicron fraction obtained from Lrat-/- mice...
- Removal of triacylglycerols from chylomicrons and VLDL by capillary beds: the basis of lipoprotein remnant formationF Karpe
Oxford Centre for Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Oxford, Oxford OX3 7LJ, UK
Biochem Soc Trans 35:472-6. 2007The triacylglycerol content of chylomicrons and VLDL (very-low-density lipoprotein) compete for the same lipolytic pathway in the capillary beds...
- Plasma clearance and liver uptake of chylomicron remnants generated by hepatic lipase lipolysis: evidence for a lactoferrin-sensitive and apolipoprotein E-independent pathwayS E Crawford
Department of Pathology, Northwestern University Medical School, 303 East Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Lipid Res 40:797-805. 1999b>Chylomicrons labeled with [3H]cholesterol and [14C]triglyceride fatty acids were lipolyzed by hepatic lipase (HL) in vitro and then injected intravenously into normal mice fed low- or high-fat diets, and into apolipoprotein (apo) E-..
- Metabolism of very-low-density lipoprotein and chylomicrons by streptozotocin-induced diabetic rat heart: effects of diabetes and lipoprotein preferenceYou Guo Niu
Department of Clinical Aerospace Medicine, The Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, China
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 295:E1106-16. 2008Very-low-density lipoprotein (VLDL) and chylomicrons (CM) are major sources of fatty acid supply to the heart, but little is known about their metabolism in diabetic myocardium...
- Carboxyl ester lipase overexpression in rat hepatoma cells and CEL deficiency in mice have no impact on hepatic uptake or metabolism of chylomicron-retinyl esterA M Van Bennekum
Department of Biochemistry, MCP Hahnemann School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19129, USA
Biochemistry 38:4150-6. 1999....
- Anderson or chylomicron retention disease: molecular impact of five mutations in the SAR1B gene on the structure and the functionality of Sar1b proteinMathilde Charcosset
UF Lipides Dyslipidémies, Laboratoire de Biochimie, CBE, 59 Boulevard Pinel, Bron Cedex, France
Mol Genet Metab 93:74-84. 2008..A determination of the specific mutation in Anderson disease or CMRD is required to ensure diagnosis and allow prompt therapeutic intervention in these children...
- Intestinal lipoprotein assemblyM Mahmood Hussain
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York, USA
Curr Opin Lipidol 16:281-5. 2005..In this review we propose a nomenclature for these lipoproteins and have summarized recent data about their intracellular assembly and factors that modulate their secretion...
- Postprandial lipoproteins and atherosclerosisK C Yu
Research Institute, Ames Building, Palo Alto Medical Foundation 795 El Camino Real, Palo Alto, CA 94301, USA
Front Biosci 6:D332-54. 2001..state, dietary lipid is transported from the intestine to peripheral tissues by plasma lipoproteins called chylomicrons. In the capillary beds of peripheral tissues, chylomicron triglycerides are lipolyzed by the enzyme, ..
- Normotriglyceridemic abetalipoproteinemia. absence of the B-100 apolipoproteinM J Malloy
J Clin Invest 67:1441-50. 1981..and very low density lipoproteins are absent, but in which triglycerides are absorbed from the intestine and chylomicrons are present in plasma...
- The diurnal rhythms of cholesterol metabolism and plasma clearance of model chylomicrons: comparison of normal and genetically hypercholesterolemic rats (RICO)B C Mortimer
Department of Physiology, University of Western Australia, Nedlands, Australia
Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol 120:671-80. 1998Previous studies showed a slower clearance of cholesterol-labeled lymph chylomicrons in genetically hypercholesterolemic rats (RICO) compared with normocholesterolemic rats...
- Decreased hepatic expression of the low-density lipoprotein (LDL) receptor and LDL receptor-related protein in aging rats is associated with delayed clearance of chylomicrons from the circulationP A Field
Metabolic Research Laboratory, Oxford Lipid Metabolism Group, University of Oxford, UK
Metabolism 49:492-8. 2000..intravenously injected bolus of 14C-labeled cholesterol ester (CE) and 3H-labeled triacylglycerol (TAG) lymph chylomicrons was markedly delayed in the old rats (P < .05)...
- Fibrinogen in rat gastrointestinal lymph before, during and after intraduodenal administration of emulsified triglyceride: fibrinogen bound to chylomicrons in gastrointestinal lymph is functionalAshley P DeAnglis
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0529, USA
Thromb Res 105:419-32. 2002..Levels of the same analytes changed little, if at all, in control animals. As assessed using immunoblotting, chylomicrons in gastrointestinal lymph are coated with fibrinogen...
- Postprandial chylomicrons and adipose tissue lipoprotein lipase are altered in type 2 diabetes independently of obesity and whole-body insulin resistanceGiovanni Annuzzi
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Federico II University, Via Pansini 5, 80131 Naples, Italy
Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 18:531-8. 2008..The aim of this study is to differentiate the effects of whole-body insulin resistance, obesity, and type 2 diabetes on postprandial dyslipidaemia and lipoprotein lipase (LPL) in adipose tissue...
- Effects of palm oil and transesterified palm oil on chylomicron and VLDL triacylglycerol structures and postprandial lipid responseK Yli-Jokipii
Department of Biochemistry and Food Chemistry, University of Turku, FIN-20014 Turku, Finland
J Lipid Res 42:1618-25. 2001The effects of positional distribution of triacylglycerol (TAG) fatty acids to TAG structures in chylomicrons and VLDL, and to postprandial lipemia, were studied in 10 healthy premenopausal women using a 6-h oral fat load test and a ..
- Mutations in a Sar1 GTPase of COPII vesicles are associated with lipid absorption disordersBethan Jones
Genomic and Molecular Medicine Group, MRC Clinical Sciences Centre, Imperial College, London, England, UK
Nat Genet 34:29-31. 2003..Our data suggest that chylomicrons, which vastly exceed the size of typical COPII vesicles, are selectively recruited by the COPII machinery for ..
- Retinyl ester secretion by intestinal cells: a specific and regulated process dependent on assembly and secretion of chylomicronsN Nayak
Department of Biochemistry, School of Medicine, MCP Hahnemann University, Philadelphia, PA 19129, USA
J Lipid Res 42:272-80. 2001..We propose that RE are added to CM during final stages of lipoprotein assembly and may serve as signposts for these steps...
- Effect of dietary fatty acids on the postprandial fatty acid composition of triacylglycerol-rich lipoproteins in healthy male subjectsA Bysted
BioCentrum DTU, Section of Biochemistry and Nutrition, Center of Advanced Food Studies, The Technical University of Denmark, Lyngby, Denmark
Eur J Clin Nutr 59:24-34. 2005The aim of the present study was to investigate the effect of trans-18:1 isomers compared to other fatty acids, especially saturates, on the postprandial fatty acid composition of triacylglycerols (TAG) in chylomicrons and VLDL.
- Mobilisation of enterocyte fat stores by oral glucose in humansM D Robertson
Metabolic Research Group, Oxford Centre for Diabetes, Endocrinology, and Metabolism, University of Oxford, UK
Gut 52:834-9. 2003..The aim of this study was to investigate the location and release of lipid from within the gastrointestinal tract...
- GPIHBP1: an endothelial cell molecule important for the lipolytic processing of chylomicronsStephen G Young
Department of Medicine Division of Cardiology, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Curr Opin Lipidol 18:389-96. 2007To summarize recent data indicating that glycosylphosphatidylinositol-anchored high density lipoprotein-binding protein 1 (GPIHBP1) plays a key role in the lipolytic processing of chylomicrons.
- Effect of oxidized lipids in the diet on oxidized lipid levels in postprandial serum chylomicrons of diabetic patientsI Staprans
Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
Diabetes Care 22:300-6. 1999..To determine whether humans with type 2 diabetes have increased levels of oxidized fatty acids in their serum chylomicron fraction after the ingestion of dietary oxidized fatty acids...
- Glibenclamide improves postprandial hypertriglyceridaemia in type 2 diabetic patients by reducing chylomicrons but not the very low-density lipoprotein subfraction levelsI Skrapari
1st Department Propaedeutic Medicine, Athens University Medical School, Laiko General Hospital, Athens, Greece
Diabet Med 18:781-5. 2001..Total triglyceride levels in plasma, in chylomicrons (CM), in CM-deficient plasma, in very low-density lipoprotein (VLDL) subfractions (VLDL-1, VLDL-2) and in ..
- The incorporation and metabolism of amyloid-beta into chylomicron-like lipid emulsionsAnthony P James
Department of Nutrition, Dietetics and Food Science, Curtin University of Technology, Perth, Australia
J Alzheimers Dis 5:179-88. 2003..Chylomicron-like lipid emulsions, resembling chylomicrons in composition, size and metabolism were prepared in the presence of [125I]Abeta1-40...
- Chylomicron and VLDL TAG structures and postprandial lipid response induced by lard and modified lardKaisa M Yli-Jokipii
Department of Biochemistry and Food Chemistry, University of Turku, Finland
Lipids 38:693-703. 2003..were less TAG with palmitic acid in the sn-2 position and more TAG with oleic acid in the sn-2 position in chylomicrons than in fat ingested. From 1...
- The intracellular transport of chylomicrons requires the small GTPase, Sar1bCarol C Shoulders
Medical Research Council Clinical Sciences Centre, Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK
Curr Opin Lipidol 15:191-7. 2004..This review focuses on the assembly and structural evolution of COPII (coat protein) transport carriers that are essential for the transport of chylomicrons from the endoplasmic reticulum to the Golgi apparatus.
- The mechanism of the formation and secretion of chylomicronsTammy Kindel
University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, United States
Atheroscler Suppl 11:11-6. 2010..luminal digestion, followed by cellular uptake and processing, and subsequent extracellular transport of chylomicrons. We discuss the importance of acid and pancreatic lipase in lipid digestion...
- Chylomicrons promote intestinal absorption and systemic dissemination of dietary antigen (ovalbumin) in miceYuehui Wang
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e8442. 2009..contain long-chain triglycerides (LCT), which stimulate mesenteric lymph flux and postprandial transport of chylomicrons through mesenteric lymph nodes (MLN) and blood...
- Three-dimensional immunofluorescent double labelling using polyclonal antibodies derived from the same species: enterocytic colocalization of chylomicrons with Golgi apparatusR Takechi
Australian Technology Centre for Metabolic Fitness, School of Public Health, Division of Health Sciences, Curtin University of Technology, GPO Box U1987, Perth, WA, 6845, Australia
Histochem Cell Biol 129:779-84. 2008..Colocalization of apo B and Golgi apparatus (75.2 +/- 8.5%) is consistent with the purported mode of secretion of these macromolecules...
- Vesicle-associated membrane protein 7 is expressed in intestinal ERShadab A Siddiqi
Division of Gastroenterology, The University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN 38163 USA
J Cell Sci 119:943-50. 2006..We conclude that VAMP7 is enriched in intestinal ER and that it plays a functional role in the delivery of triacylglycerol from the ER to the Golgi...
- Signposts in the assembly of chylomicronsM M Hussain
Departments of Anatomy and Cell Biology, and Pediatrics, SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY 11203, USA
Front Biosci 6:D320-31. 2001Intestinal cells synthesize and secrete chylomicrons in the postprandial state. Synthesis of these particles is defective in abetalipoproteinemia and chylomicron retention disease...
- Vegetable-borne lutein, lycopene, and beta-carotene compete for incorporation into chylomicrons, with no adverse effect on the medium-term (3-wk) plasma status of carotenoids in humansViviane Tyssandier
Unite Maladies Metaboliques et Micronutriments, INRA, Clermont Ferrand Theix, Saint Genes Champanelle, France
Am J Clin Nutr 75:526-34. 2002..The results of epidemiologic studies have consistently shown associations between dietary intake or plasma carotenoid status and incidence of cancers and cardiovascular and eye diseases...
- The elevation of ingested lipids within plasma chylomicrons is prolonged in men compared with womenNicolas D Knuth
Substrate Metabolism Laboratory, Division of Kinesiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2214, USA
J Nutr 136:1498-503. 2006..The purpose of this study was to measure the recovery of ingested fat in plasma fractions of chylomicrons (CHYLO), VLDL, and plasma fatty acids, as well as in expired breath (i.e., oxidation) in men and women...
- Sitosterol and cholesterol in chylomicrons of type 2 diabetic and non-diabetic subjects: the relationship with ATP binding cassette proteins G5 and G8 and Niemann-Pick C1-like 1 mRNAS E Lally
Diabetologia 50:217-9. 2007
- Butter differs from olive oil and sunflower oil in its effects on postprandial lipemia and triacylglycerol-rich lipoproteins after single mixed meals in healthy young menNadia Mekki
Unité 476 Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale, Human Nutrition and Lipids, National Institute of Health and Medical Research, Universite de la Mediterranee, 13009 Marseille, France
J Nutr 132:3642-9. 2002..The butter meal induced a lower postprandial rise of triacylglycerols in serum and chylomicrons (incremental AUC, mmol.h/L: 0.72) than the two unsaturated oils (olive oil: 1.6, sunflower oil: 1...
- Cholesterol and Lymphatic Transport of Molecules and CellsMelody A Swartz; Fiscal Year: 2012..via the thoracic duct, and it also absorbs lipoproteins directly from the small intestinal villi in the form of chylomicrons. Thus, though it is rarely considered, lymphatic vessels are likely to be key participants in cholesterol ..
- Lipoprotein Structure and Function by Individual Particle Electron TomographyGang Ren; Fiscal Year: 2013..high , low-, intermediate- and very low-density lipoproteins (HDL, LDL, IDL and VLDL respectively), as well as chylomicrons;HDL and LDL are major players in plasma cholesterol metabolism...
- Gut mucosal mast cells are activated by fat absorption: physiology and mechanismPatrick Tso; Fiscal Year: 2013..We hypothesized that the absorption of lipids and the formation and secretion of chylomicrons (CMs) activate the MMCs. This action is lipid specific and is not shared by proteins or carbohydrates...
- Inhibition of Fat Absorption as a Mechanism to Treat ObesityCHARLES MILTON MANSBACH; Fiscal Year: 2013..We know the proteins that select cargo chylomicrons for inclusion in the vesicle and the protein that initiates this process...
- Interactions of Lipoproteins with the Vascular WallJOHN CALVERT RUTLEDGE; Fiscal Year: 2010..TGRL consist of chylomicrons, very low density-lipoproteins (VLDL), and their remnant particles...
- Role of mesenteric lymphatics and dietary endotoxin in metabolic syndromeDAVID CARL ZAWIEJA; Fiscal Year: 2013..Dietary endotoxin readily associates with chylomicrons and are primarily absorbed through the mesenteric lymphatics along with many other gut peptides and hormones, ..
- FFA Production From Triglyceride-Rich LipoproteinsJohn M Miles; Fiscal Year: 2013..Lipid energy is transported in the blood in severa forms, including chylomicrons and free fatty acids (FFA)...
- Molecular Regulation of LRAT and CYP26 in Lung and LiverA Catharine Ross; Fiscal Year: 2012..retinoids to synergize with retinol;(1b) whether the uptake by the lungs of newly absorbed VA contained in chylomicrons is increased in the presence of RA;and (1c) whether inflammation, a concomitant factor in lung immaturity, ..
- LPL-Deficient Cats-A Quantitative Model of Gene DeliveryPHILIP RICHARD VULLIET; Fiscal Year: 2010..LPL-/- cats share the identical mutation and cannot hydrolyze chylomicrons resulting in identical aberrations of their plasma lipid profile (PLP)...
- New Avenues in GPIHBP1 ResearchAnne Beigneux; Fiscal Year: 2012..g., heart, muscle, fat) and because GPIHBP1 binds both lipoprotein lipase (LPL) and chylomicrons, we suspect that GPIHBP1 serves as a platform for the metabolic processing of triglyceride-rich lipoproteins...
- Genetic Analysis of Proteoglycan-Mediated Lipoprotein ClearanceJeffrey D Esko; Fiscal Year: 2013..Hypertriglyceridemia results from the accumulation of triglyceride-rich lipoproteins (TRLs) in the circulation (chylomicrons, very low-density lipoproteins, and their remnants)...
- Interaction of Nutrient & Organochlorine AbsorptionPatrick Tso; Fiscal Year: 2010..We demonstrated that labeled hexachlorobenzene (HCB) carried in chylomicrons is cleared from the circulation faster than the labeled fatty acid (FA) as part of the triglyceride (TG)...
- EXTRACELLULAR REGULATION OF LIPOPROTEIN LIPASE ACTIVITYIRA JAY GOLDBERG; Fiscal Year: 2013..retards adipose tissue development and increases muscle mass;in the heart, lipid uptake pathways for VLDL and chylomicrons differ;DGAT1 deletion increases muscle mass and also dramatically reduces expression of lipid uptake and ..
- Phase 2 Study of Orlistat and SLX-4090 for Type I HyperlipoproteinemiaAbhimanyu Garg; Fiscal Year: 2012..inhibitor of microsomal triglyceride transport protein (MTP) involved in the assembly and secretion of chylomicrons (SLx-4090), alone and in combination, for reducing serum triglyceride levels in patients with type I ..
- Lipogenesis, lipoprotein flux &CVD risk: role of meal composition &frequencyJean Marc Schwarz; Fiscal Year: 2013..will do so by measuring th individual contributions of very low density lipoprotein (VLDL;from the liver) and chylomicrons (chylos, from the intestine) to overall postprandial lipoprotein-TG production and clearance in overweight and ..
- COPII mediated trafficking of large lipoprotein cargosDavid Melville; Fiscal Year: 2013..An essential step of lipoprotein secretion is COPII-dependent transit from the ER to the Golgi in the form of chylomicrons in the intestine and very low density lipoproteins (VLDL) in the liver...
- Exploring Insulin's regulation of subcellular fatty acid metabolism in zebrafishJuliana Debrito Carten; Fiscal Year: 2012..they partition into different subcellular compartments, with long and medium chain FAs entering lipid drops and chylomicrons and short chain FAs remaining in more aqueous environments...
- The regulation of hepatic lipid metabolism by apolipoprotein AIVALISON BLOOM KOHAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..we hypothesize (1) that apoAIV plays an important physiological role in mediating the efficiency with which chylomicrons are taken up by the peripheral tissues and liver;2) that apoAIV acts in the liver to impact the synthesis and/..
- APOLIPOPROTEIN B48 AND LIPOPROTEIN METABOLISMLawrence Chan; Fiscal Year: 2004DESCRIPTION: Apolipoprotein (apo) B is the major apoprotein in the triglyceride-rich lipoproteins, chylomicrons, very low-density lipoproteins (VLDL), and intermediate-density lipoproteins (IDL), as well as low-density lipoproteins (LDL) ..
- DIETARY N-3 FATTY ACIDS: TRANSPORT AND UPTAKE INTO BRAINGregory Anderson; Fiscal Year: 1993..Intravenous injection of radiolabeled saturated, n-6, and n-3 fatty acids, contained in phospholipids, chylomicrons, and as free fatty acids, will test whether there is a preferred chemical form for "brain-destined" fatty acids...
- DIETARY CHOLESTEROL EFFECTS ON PLASMA LIPOPROTEINSPHYLLIS MCPHERSON; Fiscal Year: 1990..Retinyl palmitate labelled chylomicrons will be used to determine chylomicron remnant kinetics and attendant changes in the composition of plasma ..
- MECHANISM OF APOLIPOPROTEIN B-48 BIOGENESISLawrence Chan; Fiscal Year: 1993..ApoB-48 is an obligatory component of chylomicrons. In humans, it is synthesized in the small intestine...
- STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION OF APOLIPOPROTEIN A-IVRichard B Weinberg; Fiscal Year: 2010..by the intestinal enterocytes of mammals during lipid absorption and secreted into lymph on the surface of chylomicrons. Although a broad spectrum of physiologic functions has been proposed for apo A-IV, a preponderance of evidence ..
- VITAMIN A TRANSPORT DURING LACTATIONA Ross; Fiscal Year: 1992..model, we will conduct a series of experiments in which lactating rats will receive an intravenous test dose of chylomicrons that have been labeled in vivo with 3H-retinyl esters...
- MPT INHIBITOR IND 50,820 IN FAMILIAL HYPERCHOLESTEROLEM*Marina Cuchel; Fiscal Year: 2009..is a protein responsible for transferring lipids onto apolipoprotein B (apo B) in the assembly of intestinal chylomicrons and hepatic very low density lipoprotein (VLDL)...
- NUTRITION AND METABOLISM--ABETALIPOPROTEINEMIAD Illingworth; Fiscal Year: 1991..composition of breast milk will be conducted to determine how this is influenced by the inherent absence of chylomicrons and whether the predicted abnormal fatty acid composition can be modified by the intravascular infusion of an ..
- NEW TRANSGENIC MODELS OF HYPERTRIGLYCERIDEMIANeil Shachter; Fiscal Year: 2001The apolipoproteins (apo) C are major constituents of VLDL, HDL and chylomicrons. Of the three apoC's, only apoCII, the activator of lipoprotein lipase (LPL), has a clearly-established role in lipoprotein metabolism...
- Irreversible inhibitors of cholesterol esteraseLORRAINE DECK; Fiscal Year: 2005..that CE functions within the enterocyte to re-esterify cholesterol in the pathway leading to the formation of chylomicrons. It is our hypothesis that inhibition of any of these functions of CE would provide a new approach to the ..
- LIPOPROTEIN LIPASE, NUTRITION AND NERVE MYELINATIONRobert Eckel; Fiscal Year: 2003..enzyme which releases fatty acids and monoacylglyerol from nutrient-dependent triglyceride-rich lipoproteins [chylomicrons and very low density lipoproteins (VLDL)] and regulates the partitioning of these lipid fuels to tissues...
- METABOLIC REGULATION OF APOLIPOPROTEIN B MRNA EDITINGHarold Smith; Fiscal Year: 2003..from the applicant's description): Apolipoprotein B (apoB) is a non-exchangeable structural component of chylomicrons and of very low density (VLDL), intermediate density (IDL), and low density (LDL) lipoprotein particles...
- IN VIVO DYNAMIC OF BETA-CAROTENE METABOLISM IN HUMANSAndrew Clifford; Fiscal Year: 2006Delayed clearance of triacylglycerol-rich lipoprotein particles from intestinal (chylomicrons) and hepatic (VLDL) origins is emerging as a leading risk factor for atherosclerosis, however, it is unclear whether hypertriglyceridemia is a ..
- PAHs: Balance of Detoxication vs Metabolic ActivationDaniel Nebert; Fiscal Year: 2009..vein blood, liver, and bile in wild-type and all seven Cyp1 knockout mouse lines, and the role and mechanism of chylomicrons in delivering BaP to target organs;[b] generate liver- and intestinal epithelium-specific Cyp1a1 conditional ..
- CHOLESTEROL-RICH DIET AND PLASMA LIPID TRANSPORTWolfgang Patsch; Fiscal Year: 1991..Our central hypothesis is that cholesterol homeostasis is intimately linked to the catabolism of chylomicrons in that ineffective clearance of chylomicrons fails to inhibit endogenous cholesterol synthesis and hepatic ..
- CHOLESTEROL METABOLISM IN ATHEROSCLEROSIS RESISTANCEMERRILL OVERTURF; Fiscal Year: 1990..metabolism at major metabolic sites including dietary cholesterol absorption, intestinal transport of chylomicrons, compositional analysis of chylomicrons and chylomicron remnant particles, and bile acid synthesis, secretion ..
- INTESTINAL LIPOPROTEINS IN THE NEONATEDennis Black; Fiscal Year: 1991..in plasma very low density Lp (VLDL) and low density Lp (LDL), but both apo B-100 and B-48 are present in lymph chylomicrons (CM) and VLDL, a pattern not found in mature mammals...
- EFFECT OF DIETARY LECITHIN ON HDL AND OTHER LIPOPROTEINSDonald Small; Fiscal Year: 1980..lipoprotein precursers including lecithin and A-1 are synthesized in the intestine and may enter the lymph on chylomicrons. Lecithin (phosphotidylcholine) is a major component of the surface chylomicrons acting as a major emulsifier ..
- The roles of apolipoprotein A-IV structure and lipid affinity in its functionW Davidson; Fiscal Year: 2009..Upon entry into plasma from the intestinal lymphatics, human apoA-IV rapidly dissociates from chylomicrons and either associates with high density lipoproteins or exists as a significant fraction of lipid-free apoA-IV...
- APOB FOLDING & SECRETION--CHARACTERIZING HELPER PROTEINSHaya Herscovitz; Fiscal Year: 2000..essential for the assembly and secretion of triglyceride rich lipoproteins (very low density lipoproteins and chylomicrons) and for the receptor-mediated catabolism of low density lipoproteins (LDL), the major carriers of plasma ..
- STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION STUDIES ON HEPATIC LIPASEMICHAEL KOMAROMY; Fiscal Year: 1992..lipoproteins, thus playing a role in atherogenesis, and metabolism of very low density lipoproteins and chylomicrons. The enzyme level is affected by a number of hormones as well as alcohol and vitamin A...
- Regulation of Lipoprotein Lipase by InsulinVICTORIA KNUTSON; Fiscal Year: 2003..enzyme in the hydrolysis of serum triglycerides associated with the lipoprotein particles VLDL and chylomicrons. Patients with lowered levels of LPL, as seen in Type 2 diabetes mellitus and insulin resistance exhibit ..
- ROLE OF APOLIPOPROTEINS IN HYPERTRIGLYCERIDEMIAMOTI KASHYAP; Fiscal Year: 1980Triglyceride is transported in plasma mainly by very low density lipoproteins (VLDL) and chylomicrons. VLDL and chylomicron hydrolysis is facilitated by the enzyme extrahepatic lipoprotein lipase...
- TRANSLOCATION, ASSEMBLY, AND DEGRADATION OF APOBSteven Chuck; Fiscal Year: 2002..liver and intestine only in association with cholesterol and triglycerides as lipoprotein particles (VLDL or chylomicrons)...
- STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION OF HEPARIN RELEASABLE LIPASESVirgil Brown; Fiscal Year: 1980Plasma triglycerides in the form of chylomicrons and very low density lipoproteins (VLDL) are degraded in the extrahepatic tissues (primarily muscle and adipose tissue) by the action of lipoprotein lipase (LPL)...
- MEDIUM CHAIN FATS: PHYSIOLOGY & CLINICAL IMPLICATIONSSAMI HASHIM; Fiscal Year: 1980..MCT does not form chylomicrons and is not deposited in adipose tissue...
- ASSEMBLY OF APOB48 CONTAINING LIPOPROTEINSM Hussain; Fiscal Year: 1999..the coordinate induction of triglyceride and apoAIV synthesis results in the assembly and secretion of larger chylomicrons. To examine this hypothesis, we will: 1...
- LYMPHATIC DELIVERY OF INTERLEUKIN-2LINNAR TENG; Fiscal Year: 1992..Two sandwich complexes are described in detail, one that will allow IL-2 to be transported within chylomicrons and the other within the VLDL compartment of plasma...
- INTRACELLULAR TRIGLYCERIDE TRANSPORT AND METABOLISMJohn Wetterau; Fiscal Year: 1990..The properties of MTP suggest that it may play a role in the assembly of the triglyceride-rich lipoproteins, chylomicrons and very low density lipoprotein (VLDL)...
- ATHEROGENICITY OF APOB CONTAINING LIPOPROTEINSIra Goldberg; Fiscal Year: 2003..Moreover, the experiments are significant for our understanding of atherosclerosis development and may demonstrate molecular methods to alter apoB retention that could be used in treatment and preventative therapies. ..
- Hyperglycemia, Aldose Reducatse & Murine AtherosclerosisIra Goldberg; Fiscal Year: 2005..This is significant because it will provide for a model to study this complication and suggest a therapeutic target for prevention of diabetic macrovascular disease. ..
- Postprandial Lipemia and Endothelial Function In ACCORDHenry Ginsberg; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- REGULATION OF INTESTINAL LIPID TRANSPORTCHARLES MANSBACH; Fiscal Year: 2007..that a vesicle, which we have named the pre-chylomicron transport vesicle (PCTV), is the mechanism by which chylomicrons are exported from the ER and go specifically to the intestinal Golgi...
- Mentored Clinical Research Scholar ProgramHenry Ginsberg; Fiscal Year: 2006..They believe firmly that this K12 CRS Program will have an immense impact on the future of patient-oriented research in the next decades. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A Cell Biological Approach to Lipid Absorption.Charles M Mansbach; Fiscal Year: 2010The rate-limiting step in lipid absorption is the exit of pre-chylomicrons from the endoplasmic reticulum, which occurs by budding the pre-chylomicron transport vesicle from the surface of the endoplasmic reticulum membrane...
- Prevention of Diabetes with Nutritional SupplementsPeter Havel; Fiscal Year: 2007..Further studies to investigate the mechanism(s) of action of the supplements or the supplement combinations that are effective in preventing/delaying diabetes onset of diabetes in this model are proposed. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Lipoproteins and PEDF in the Vascular Complications of DiabetesTimothy J Lyons; Fiscal Year: 2010..This work, which involves ongoing collaboration with two large federally funded prospective studies of Type 1 and of Type 2 diabetes, addresses markers and mechanisms for the chronic vascular complications of diabetes. ..
- TEACHING NUTRITION TO PREVENT CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASESFrancine Welty; Fiscal Year: 2004..This career award will establish Dr. Walker as a leader in medical education in nutrition, his long-term career goal. ..
- Siemens Acuson Sequoia Ultrasound MachineJames Stein; Fiscal Year: 2005..There is significant opportunity for greater collaboration, research productivity, and cost savings if an ultrasound system is made available at the UW Medical School as a shared resource. ..
- ANS HYPOGLYCEMIA INDUCED GLUCAGON SECRETION IN DIABETESPeter Havel; Fiscal Year: 2001..Collectively, these experiments will lead to greater understanding of the pathophysiology and treatment of impaired hypoglycemic counterregulation in diabetes and the greater use of animal models for this area of investigation. ..
- MID-ATLANTIC IN VIVO CELLULAR & MOLECULAR IMAGING CENTERJerry Glickson; Fiscal Year: 2002..The MAMIC will therefore serve as a catalyst and focal point for ongoing cancer research employing state of the art imaging techniques. ..
- Effects of early-in-life bladder stimulation on adultsAlan Randich; Fiscal Year: 2004..Translation to the treatment of IC would be highly probable. ..
- NHLBI Bay Area Functional Genomics ConsortiumStephen Young; Fiscal Year: 2007..A fourth objective is to generate a limited number of genetically modified mice, for the purpose of defining the relevance of specific genes to cardiopulmonary development and disease (Components 4-6). ..