Genomes and Genes
Summary: An unsaturated fatty acid that is the most widely distributed and abundant fatty acid in nature. It is used commercially in the preparation of oleates and lotions, and as a pharmaceutical solvent. (Stedman, 26th ed)
Publications325 found, 100 shown here
- Comparative toxicity of oleic acid and linoleic acid on Jurkat cellsMaria Fernanda Cury-Boaventura
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, University of Sao Paulo, Av Prof Lineu Prestes, 1524, São Paulo CEP 05508 900, SP, Brazil
Clin Nutr 23:721-32. 2004..The comparative toxicity of oleic acid and linoleic acid on Jurkat cells, a human T lymphocyte cell line, and the type of cell death induced by these ..
- Triglyceride accumulation protects against fatty acid-induced lipotoxicityLaura L Listenberger
Center for Cardiovascular Research, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 South Euclid Avenue, St Louis, MO 63110 1010, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:3077-82. 2003..b>Oleic acid supplementation leads to triglyceride accumulation and is well tolerated, whereas excess palmitic acid is poorly ..
- Dynamic activity of lipid droplets: protein phosphorylation and GTP-mediated protein translocationRene Bartz
Department of Cell Biology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, Texas 75390 9039, USA
J Proteome Res 6:3256-65. 2007....
- NADPH oxidase 2-derived reactive oxygen species mediate FFAs-induced dysfunction and apoptosis of β-cells via JNK, p38 MAPK and p53 pathwaysHuiping Yuan
Department of Biomedical Engineering, College of Engineering, Peking University, Beijing, China
PLoS ONE 5:e15726. 2010..Our findings provide a new insight of the NOX2 as a potential new therapeutic target for preservation of β-cell mass and function...
- S3-12, Adipophilin, and TIP47 package lipid in adipocytesNathan E Wolins
Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Biol Chem 280:19146-55. 2005....
- Central administration of oleic acid inhibits glucose production and food intakeSilvana Obici
Departments of Medicine and Molecular Pharmacology, Diabetes Research and Training Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Diabetes 51:271-5. 2002..Here, we report that intracerebroventricular (ICV) administration of the long-chain fatty acid oleic acid markedly inhibits glucose production and food intake...
- Oleic acid and adipokines synergize in inducing proliferation and inflammatory signalling in human vascular smooth muscle cellsDaniela Lamers
Institute of Clinical Biochemistry and Pathobiochemistry, German Diabetes Center, Dusseldorf, Germany
J Cell Mol Med 15:1177-88. 2011..In this study we investigated how adipokines, oleic acid (OA) and the combined treatment regulate human vascular smooth muscle cell (hVSMC) proliferation and migration ..
- Different effects of oleate vs. palmitate on mitochondrial function, apoptosis, and insulin signaling in L6 skeletal muscle cells: role of oxidative stressLarysa Yuzefovych
Dept of Cell Biology and Neuroscience, Univ of South Alabama, Mobile, AL 36688, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 299:E1096-105. 2010....
- Oleic acid prevents detrimental effects of saturated fatty acids on bovine oocyte developmental competenceHilde Aardema
Department of Farm Animal Health, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Utrecht University, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Biol Reprod 85:62-9. 2011..the three predominant fatty acids in follicular fluid (saturated palmitic and stearic acid and unsaturated oleic acid) were presented to maturing oocytes to test whether fatty acids can affect lipid storage of the oocyte and ..
- Perilipin A increases triacylglycerol storage by decreasing the rate of triacylglycerol hydrolysisD L Brasaemle
Department of Biochemistry, MCP Hahnemann University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19129, USA
J Biol Chem 275:38486-93. 2000..These studies suggest that perilipin A plays a major role in the regulation of triacylglycerol storage and lipolysis in adipocytes...
- Oleic acid content is responsible for the reduction in blood pressure induced by olive oilS Terés
Laboratory of Molecular Cell Biomedicine, Department of Biology, Institut Universitari d Investigacions en Ciències de la Salut, University of the Balearic Islands, Carretera de Valldemossa Km 7 5, E 07122 Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:13811-6. 2008..However, in this study we demonstrate that the hypotensive effect of olive oil is caused by its high oleic acid (OA) content (approximately 70-80%)...
- Monounsaturated fatty acids prevent the deleterious effects of palmitate and high glucose on human pancreatic beta-cell turnover and functionKathrin Maedler
Division of Endocrinology and Diabetes, Department of Medicine, University Hospital, CH 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
Diabetes 52:726-33. 2003..In contrast, the monounsaturated palmitoleic acid or oleic acid did not affect DNA fragmentation and induced beta-cell proliferation...
- Oleate reverses palmitate-induced insulin resistance and inflammation in skeletal muscle cellsTeresa Coll
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutic Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
J Biol Chem 283:11107-16. 2008....
- Nitro-oleic acid inhibits angiotensin II-induced hypertensionJifeng Zhang
Cardiovascular Center, College of Engineering, University of Michigan, USA
Circ Res 107:540-8. 2010Nitro-oleic acid (OA-NO(2)) is a bioactive, nitric-oxide derived fatty acid with physiologically relevant vasculoprotective properties in vivo...
- Influence of year and planting date on fatty acid chemistry of high oleic acid and normal peanut genotypesPeter C Andersen
University of Florida North Florida Research and Education Center, 155 Research Road, Quincy, FL 32351, USA
J Agric Food Chem 50:1298-305. 2002The effect of an early-, mid-, or late-season planting date on the fatty acid chemistry of four high oleic acid, one mid oleic acid, and five normal oleic acid peanut (Arachis hypogaea L.) genotypes was evaluated over a three year period...
- Oleic acid interacts with GPR40 to induce Ca2+ signaling in rat islet beta-cells: mediation by PLC and L-type Ca2+ channel and link to insulin releaseKen Fujiwara
Dept of Physiology, Div of Integrative Physiology, Jichi Medical School, Minamikawachi, Tochigi 329 0498, Japan
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 289:E670-7. 2005..We employed oleic acid (OA), an FFA that has a high affinity for the rat GPR40, and examined its effect on cytosolic Ca(2+) ..
- Essential role for protein kinase Cζ in oleic acid-induced glucagon-like peptide-1 secretion in vivo in the ratRoman Iakoubov
Department of Physiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5S 1A8, Canada
Endocrinology 152:1244-52. 2011Luminal monounsaturated long-chain fatty acids [e.g. oleic acid (OA)] increase secretion of the incretin, glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) from the ileocolonic L cell...
- Effect of endogenous hydrogen sulfide on oxidative stress in oleic acid-induced acute lung injury in ratsCong Wang
Department of Emergency Medicine, Beijing Jishuitan Hospital, Beijing 100035, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 124:3476-80. 2011..In this study, we examined the possible role of H(2)S in regulation of the oxidative stress in oleic acid-induced acute lung injury in rats.
- Oleate and linoleate enhance the growth-promoting effects of insulin-like growth factor-I through a phospholipase D-dependent pathway in arterial smooth muscle cellsBardia Askari
Department of Pathology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Biol Chem 277:36338-44. 2002....
- Inhibition of Stearoyl-CoA Desaturase 1 expression in human lung adenocarcinoma cells impairs tumorigenesisNatalia Scaglia
Instituto de Investigaciones Bioquímicas de La Plata INIBIOLP, Facultad de Ciencias Medicas, Universidad Nacional de La Plata, 1900 La Plata, Argentina
Int J Oncol 33:839-50. 2008..of SCD1 blockade on Akt activation, cancer cell growth and apoptosis could not be reversed by exogenously added oleic acid. Remarkably, the reduction of SCD1 expression in lung cancer cells significantly delayed the formation of tumors ..
- Effect of Ulinastatin, a human urinary trypsin inhibitor, on the oleic acid-induced acute lung injury in rats via the inhibition of activated leukocytesKoji Ito
Department of Anesthesiology, Faculty of Medicine, Oita University, Idaigaoka, Hasama machi, Oita 879 5593, Japan
Injury 36:387-94. 2005..One of the most common animal models of ARDS is produced by direct administration of oleic acid (OA). Activated leukocytes are critically involved in the pathological mechanism in this model...
- Effects of perfluorinated fatty acids with different carbon chain length on fatty acid profiles of hepatic lipids in miceNaomi Kudo
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Josai University, Sakado, Saitama, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 34:856-64. 2011..The characteristic changes caused by all the PFCAs examined were increases in the contents and proportions of oleic acid (18 : 1), palmitoleic acid (16 : 1) and 8,11,14-eicosatrienoic acid (20 : 3) in hepatic lipids...
- Oral sensitivity to oleic acid is associated with fat intake and body mass indexJessica E Stewart
Centre for Physical Activity and Nutrition Research, School of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences, Deakin University, 221 Burwood Highway, Burwood VIC 3125, Australia
Clin Nutr 30:838-44. 2011..This study aimed to extend observations surrounding fatty acid taste, specifically the types of foods consumed and dietary behaviours that may be associated with fatty acid taste sensitivity...
- Evaluation of uptake and transport of ultrasmall superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles by human brain-derived endothelial cellsBlanka Halamoda Kenzaoui
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois CHUV and University of Lausanne UNIL, Lausanne, Switzerland
Nanomedicine (Lond) 7:39-53. 2012..Ultrasmall superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles (USPIO-NPs) are under development for imaging and drug delivery; however, their interaction with human blood-brain barrier models is not known...
- Oleic acid is a key cytotoxic component of HAMLET-like complexesSergei E Permyakov
Institute for Biological Instrumentation, Russian Academy of Sciences, Pushchino, Moscow 142290, Russia
Biol Chem 393:85-92. 2012HAMLET is a complex of α-lactalbumin (α-LA) with oleic acid (OA) that selectively kills tumor cells and Streptococcus pneumoniae...
- Oleic acid mitigates TNF-α-induced oxidative stress in rat cardiomyocytesAbd Al Rahman Al-Shudiefat
Institute of Cardiovascular Sciences, St Boniface General Hospital Research Centre, University of Manitoba, Room R3022, 351 Tache Ave, Winnipeg, MB, R2H 2A6, Canada
Mol Cell Biochem 372:75-82. 2013..olive oil result in a reduction in LDL, oxidative stress, and blood pressure and these effects are attributed to oleic acid (OA)-a major component of olive oil...
- Characterization of the lipid droplet proteome of a clonal insulin-producing β-cell line (INS-1 832/13)Sara Larsson
Department of Experimental Medical Science, Division of Diabetes, Metabolism and Endocrinology, Lund Univeristy, BMC C11, SE 221 84 Lund, Sweden
J Proteome Res 11:1264-73. 2012..Proteins belonging to the category mitochondria were highly represented, suggesting that the β-cell mitochondria and lipid droplets form a metabolic unit of potential relevance for insulin secretion...
- Targeting of malate synthase 1 to the peroxisomes of Saccharomyces cerevisiae cells depends on growth on oleic acid mediumMarkus Kunze
Institut für Biochemie und Molekulare Zellbiologie der Universität Wien and Ludwig Boltzmann Forschungsstelle für Biochemie, Vienna Biocenter, Austria
Eur J Biochem 269:915-22. 2002..in combination with cell fractionation showed that Mls1p was abundant in the peroxisomes of cells grown on oleic acid, whereas in ethanol-grown cells Mls1p was primarily cytosolic...
- Oleate protects against palmitate-induced insulin resistance in L6 myotubesDan Gao
School of Life and Health Sciences, Aston University, Birmingham, UK
Br J Nutr 102:1557-63. 2009..Thus, the prevention of palmitate-induced insulin resistance by oleate in L6 muscle cells is associated with the ability of oleate to maintain insulin signalling through PI3-kinase...
- Chronic hyperglycemia reduces substrate oxidation and impairs metabolic switching of human myotubesVigdis Aas
Faculty of Health Sciences, Oslo University College, Oslo, Norway
Biochim Biophys Acta 1812:94-105. 2011..were treated with or without chronic hyperglycemia (20mmol/l glucose for 4 days), and metabolism of [(14)C]oleic acid (OA) and [(14)C]glucose was studied...
- Lipid particle composition of the yeast Yarrowia lipolytica depends on the carbon sourceKarin Athenstaedt
Institut fur Biochemie, Technische Universitat Graz, Graz, Austria
Proteomics 6:1450-9. 2006..b>Oleic acid was the major fatty acid species esterified in LP. When cells were grown on oleic acid, LP size increased 3...
- Dietary fatty acids differentially regulate production of TNF-alpha and IL-10 by murine 3T3-L1 adipocytesRichard L Bradley
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 16:938-44. 2008..Effects on nuclear factor-kappaB (NF-kappaB), a key transcriptional activator of the inflammatory cascade, and suppressor of cytokine signaling 3 (SOCS-3), a negative regulator of cytokine signaling, were also determined...
- The Arabidopsis stearoyl-acyl carrier protein-desaturase family and the contribution of leaf isoforms to oleic acid synthesisAardra Kachroo
Department of Plant Pathology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40546, USA
Plant Mol Biol 63:257-71. 2007In plants, changes in the levels of oleic acid (18:1), a major monounsaturated fatty acid (FA), results in the alteration of salicylic acid (SA)- and jasmonic acid (JA)-mediated defense responses...
- Inhibition of stearoyl-CoA desaturase 1 expression induces CHOP-dependent cell death in human cancer cellsMélaine Minville-Walz
Universite de Bourgogne, Centre de Recherche INSERM Lipides, Nutrition, Cancer UMR866, Dijon, France
PLoS ONE 5:e14363. 2010..g., oleic acid)...
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha regulates fatty acid utilization in primary human skeletal muscle cellsDeborah M Muoio
Department of Medicine and Cell Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Diabetes 51:901-9. 2002..These results demonstrate a role for hPPAR-alpha in regulating muscle lipid homeostasis...
- Human alpha-lactalbumin made lethal to tumor cells (HAMLET) kills human glioblastoma cells in brain xenografts by an apoptosis-like mechanism and prolongs survivalWalter Fischer
Institute of Laboratory Medicine, Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Glycobiology, University of Lund, Solvegatan 23, 223 62 Lund, Sweden
Cancer Res 64:2105-12. 2004..complex that is formed from alpha-lactalbumin when the protein changes its tertiary conformation and binds oleic acid as a cofactor...
- Pex11p plays a primary role in medium-chain fatty acid oxidation, a process that affects peroxisome number and size in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeC W van Roermund
Department of Clinical Chemistry, Emma Children s Hospital, University of Amsterdam, Academic Medical Center, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Cell Biol 150:489-98. 2000..Our observations suggest that the MCFA oxidation pathway regulates the level of a signaling molecule that modulates the number of peroxisomal structures in a cell...
- Recruitment and derecruitment during acute respiratory failure: an experimental studyP Pelosi
Istituto di Anestesia e Rianimazione, , Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico-IRCCS, Milan, Italy
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 164:122-30. 2001..In six dogs with oleic acid respiratory failure, we measured Pes and Ppl in the uppermost, middle, and most dependent lung regions...
- Lipid accumulation, lipid body formation, and acyl coenzyme A oxidases of the yeast Yarrowia lipolyticaKaterina Mlícková
Laboratoire de Chimie Biologique, INRA INA PG CNRS, Centre de Biotechnologie Agro Industrielle, INRA Centre de Grignon, BP01, F 78850 Thiverval Grignon, France
Appl Environ Microbiol 70:3918-24. 2004..In this study, we analyzed morphological changes of Y. lipolytica growing in an oleic acid medium and the effect of POX deletions on lipid accumulation...
- Positive end-expiratory pressure at minimal respiratory elastance represents the best compromise between mechanical stress and lung aeration in oleic acid induced lung injuryAlysson Roncally S Carvalho
Biomedical Engineering Program, COPPE, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Av, Horácio Macedo, CT Bloco H 327, 2030, 21941 914, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Crit Care 11:R86. 2007....
- Long-term exposure to glucose and lipids inhibits glucose-induced insulin secretion downstream of granule fusion with plasma membraneCharlotta S Olofsson
Department of Clinical Sciences, Clinical Research Centre, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
Diabetes 56:1888-97. 2007..We conclude that glucose and FFAs reduce insulin secretion by interference with the exit of insulin via the fusion pore...
- Saturated fatty acids synergize with elevated glucose to cause pancreatic beta-cell deathWissal El-Assaad
Department of Nutrition, University of Montreal, Quebec, Canada H2L 4MI
Endocrinology 144:4154-63. 2003..The results support the glucolipotoxicity hypothesis of beta-cell failure proposing that elevated FFAs are particularly toxic in the context of hyperglycemia...
- Low oleic acid-derived repression of jasmonic acid-inducible defense responses requires the WRKY50 and WRKY51 proteinsQing Ming Gao
Department of Plant Pathology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40546, USA
Plant Physiol 155:464-76. 2011Signaling induced upon a reduction in oleic acid (18:1) levels simultaneously up-regulates salicylic acid (SA)-mediated responses and inhibits jasmonic acid (JA)-inducible defenses, resulting in enhanced resistance to biotrophs but ..
- What does the measurement of whole-body fatty acid rate of appearance in plasma by using a fatty acid tracer really mean?Bettina Mittendorfer
Department of Internal Medicine and Center for Human Nutrition, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Diabetes 52:1641-8. 2003....
- Chronic palmitate but not oleate exposure induces endoplasmic reticulum stress, which may contribute to INS-1 pancreatic beta-cell apoptosisElizabeth Karaskov
Division of Cell and Molecular Biology, Toronto General Research Institute, University Health Network, 200 Elizabeth Street, MBRC 4R402 Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 2C4
Endocrinology 147:3398-407. 2006..The results suggest that activation of the UPR may significantly contribute to palmitate- but not oleate-induced pancreatic beta-cell death...
- FAT/CD36-mediated long-chain fatty acid uptake in adipocytes requires plasma membrane raftsJürgen Pohl
Department of Internal Medicine IV, Ruprechts Karls University, D 69117 Heidelberg, Germany
Mol Biol Cell 16:24-31. 2005..caveolae endocytosis because expression of a dominant negative mutant of dynamin had no effect on uptake of [3H]oleic acid, whereas it effectively prevented endocytosis of cholera toxin...
- Molecular-biological analysis of acute lung injury (ALI) induced by heat exposure and/or intravenous administration of oleic acidHiromasa Inoue
Department of Forensic Medicine and Sciences, Mie University Graduate School of Medicine, Edobashi 2 174, Tsu, Mie 514 8507, Japan
Leg Med (Tokyo) 14:304-8. 2012..Ten-week-old Wistar male rats were divided into four groups: (1) oleic acid injected into caudal vein after heat exposure, (2) oleic acid injected without heat exposure, (3) soybean oil ..
- Sasa quelpaertensis and p-coumaric acid attenuate oleic acid-induced lipid accumulation in HepG2 cellsJeong Hwan Kim
Department of Biology, Jeju National University, Jeju 690 756, Republic of Korea
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 77:1595-8. 2013..examined the effects of Jeju dwarf bamboo (Sasa quelpaertensis Nakai) extract (JBE) and p-coumaric acid (CA) on oleic acid (OA)-induced lipid accumulation in HepG2 cells...
- Treatment of skin papillomas with topical alpha-lactalbumin-oleic acidLotta Gustafsson
Institute of Laboratory Medicine, Department of Microbiology, Immunology, and Glycobiology, University of Lund, Lund, Sweden
N Engl J Med 350:2663-72. 2004We studied the effect on skin papillomas of topical application of a complex of alpha-lactalbumin and oleic acid (often referred to as human alpha-lactalbumin made lethal to tumor cells [HAMLET]) to establish proof of the principle that ..
- Inhibition of the phosphatase PTEN protects mice against oleic acid-induced acute lung injuryJu Ping Lai
The Davis Heart and Lung Research Institute, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Br J Pharmacol 156:189-200. 2009..Based on this, we hypothesized that PTEN inhibition in vivo would enhance cell tolerance to stress thereby preventing acute lung injury...
- Oleic acid increases synthesis and secretion of VEGF in rat vascular smooth muscle cells: role of oxidative stress and impairment in obesityGabriella Doronzo
Internal Medicine and Metabolic Disease Unit, Department of Clinical and Biological Sciences of the University of Turin, San Luigi Gonzaga Hospital, Orbassano Turin 10043, Italy
Int J Mol Sci 14:18861-80. 2013..acids are involved in the pathogenesis of obesity vascular complications, and we have aimed to clarify whether oleic acid (OA) enhances VEGF synthesis/secretion in VSMC, and whether this effect is impaired in obesity...
- Role of oleic acid in immune system; mechanism of action; a reviewC Carrillo
Area de Nutricion y Bromatologia, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad de Burgos, Burgos, Spain
Nutr Hosp 27:978-90. 2012Although n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids have been widely described as anti-inflammatory fats, little is known about the role of oleic acid in immune system.
- Oleic acid induces ERK1/2 activation and AP-1 DNA binding activity through a mechanism involving Src kinase and EGFR transactivation in breast cancer cellsAdriana Soto-Guzman
Departamento de Biologia Celular, CINVESTAV IPN, San Pedro Zacatenco, Mexico, DF 07360, Mexico
Mol Cell Endocrinol 294:81-91. 2008..GPR40 is expressed in several breast cancer cell lines and its stimulation with oleic acid (OA) induces cell proliferation...
- Heat-treatment method for producing fatty acid-bound alpha-lactalbumin that induces tumor cell deathTatsuro Kamijima
Division of Life Science, Graduate School of Life Science, Hokkaido University, Kita 10 Nishi 8, Kitaku, Sapporo, Hokkaido 060 0810, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 376:211-4. 2008..Made LEthal to Tumor cells), which was identified in human breast milk as an alpha-lactalbumin (LA)-oleic acid complex, kills tumor cells, selectively...
- Differential impact of oleate, palmitate, and adipokines on expression of NF-κB target genes in human vascular smooth muscle cellsDaniela Lamers
Paul Langerhans Group, Integrative Physiology, German Diabetes Center, Dusseldorf, Germany
Mol Cell Endocrinol 362:194-201. 2012..In this study, we investigated the role of adipokines, oleic acid (OA), palmitic acid (PA), and the combinations on activation of NF-κB target genes in human vascular smooth ..
- Protective effects of R-alpha-lipoic acid and acetyl-L-carnitine in MIN6 and isolated rat islet cells chronically exposed to oleic acidWeili Shen
Institute for Nutritional Sciences, Shanghai Institute for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200031, PR China
J Cell Biochem 104:1232-43. 2008..the oxidative mechanism of mitochondrial dysfunction in pancreatic beta-cells exposed to sublethal levels of oleic acid (OA) and the protective effects of mitochondrial nutrients [R-alpha-lipoic acid (LA) and acetyl-L-carnitine (ALC)..
- Mannosylated lipid nano-emulsions loaded with lycorine-oleic acid ionic complex for tumor cell-specific deliveryYangming Guo
Key Laboratory of Drug Targeting and Drug Delivery System, Ministry of Education, West China School of Pharmacy, Sichuan University, Chengdu, China
Theranostics 2:1104-14. 2012..In order to increase its lipophilicity, lycorine-oleic acid ionic complex (LYC-OA) was made...
- Oleic acid reduces lipopolysaccharide-induced expression of iNOS and COX-2 in BV2 murine microglial cells: possible involvement of reactive oxygen species, p38 MAPK, and IKK/NF-kappaB signaling pathwaysYoung Taek Oh
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, School of Medicine, Kyung Hee University, Seoul 130 701, Republic of Korea
Neurosci Lett 464:93-7. 2009..In this study, we examined the effects of the monounsaturated fatty acid oleic acid (OA) on LPS-induced proinflammatory mediators production and the mechanisms involved in BV2 microglia...
- Electrical pulse stimulation of cultured human skeletal muscle cells as an in vitro model of exerciseNatasa Nikolić
Department of Pharmaceutical Biosciences, School of Pharmacy, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
PLoS ONE 7:e33203. 2012..Since exercise induces major systemic responses, underlying cellular mechanisms are difficult to study in vivo. It was therefore desirable to develop an in vitro model that would resemble training in cultured human myotubes...
- Antimicrobial activity of n-6, n-7 and n-9 fatty acids and their esters for oral microorganismsChifu B Huang
Center for Oral Health Research, University of Kentucky, Lexington, 40503, United States
Arch Oral Biol 55:555-60. 2010..This study is to assess the antibacterial activity of omega-6, -7, -9 (n-6, n-7, n-9) fatty acids against various oral microorganisms...
- Ventilator-associated lung injury superposed to oleic acid infusion or surfactant depletion: histopathological characteristics of two porcine models of acute lung injuryH M Wang
Department of Anaesthesiology, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
Eur Surg Res 45:121-33. 2010..We characterized the histopathological features of intravenous injection of oleic acid (OAI) and lung lavage (LAV) combined with VALI.
- Amelioration by chicory seed extract of diabetes- and oleic acid-induced non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD)/non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) via modulation of PPARα and SREBP-1Nasrin Ziamajidi
Department of Biochemistry, School of Medicine, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Food Chem Toxicol 58:198-209. 2013..caused by early and late stage diabetes in rats (in vivo), and induced in HepG2 cells (in vitro) by BSA-oleic acid complex (OA). Different dosages of CI (1.25, 2...
- Oleic acid inhibits stearic acid-induced inhibition of cell growth and pro-inflammatory responses in human aortic endothelial cellsKevin A Harvey
Cellular Biochemistry Laboratory, Methodist Research Institute, Indianapolis, IN, USA
J Lipid Res 51:3470-80. 2010..We investigated whether oleic acid (C18:1n-9) reduces the growth inhibitory and pro-inflammatory effects of the stearic acid (C18:0) in human ..
- Inhibitory effect of blueberry polyphenolic compounds on oleic acid-induced hepatic steatosis in vitroYixiang Liu
Functional Food Research Laboratory, College of Food Science and Nutritional Engineering, China Agricultural University, Tsinghua East Road 17, Haidian District, Beijing 100083, China
J Agric Food Chem 59:12254-63. 2011..The inhibition of oleic acid (OA)-induced triglyceride (TG) deposition in HepG 2 cells was referred to as the potential activity of ..
- 17beta-estradiol inhibits oleic acid-induced rat VSMC proliferation and migration by restoring PGC-1alpha expressionXiaohong Jiang
Jiangsu Diabetes Center, State Key Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, School of Life Sciences, Nanjing University, 22 Hankou Road, Nanjing, Jiangsu 210093, People s Republic of China
Mol Cell Endocrinol 315:74-80. 2010..Firstly, we showed that oleic acid (OA) decreased PGC-1alpha expression while stimulating VSMC proliferation and migration...
- Interaction between the Gln-Arg 192 variants of the paraoxonase gene and oleic acid intake as a determinant of high-density lipoprotein cholesterol and paraoxonase activityM Tomas
Lipids and Cardiovascular Epidemiology Unit, Institut Municipal d Investigacio Medica, IMIM, Barcelona, Spain
Eur J Pharmacol 432:121-8. 2001Olive oil, rich in oleic acid, could play a particular beneficial role in the anti-atherogenic effects attributed to the Mediterranean diet...
- Identification of functional BrFAD2-1 gene encoding microsomal delta-12 fatty acid desaturase from Brassica rapa and development of Brassica napus containing high oleic acid contentsJin Hee Jung
Department of Bioenergy Science and Technology, Chonnam National University, Gwangju, 500 757, Republic of Korea
Plant Cell Rep 30:1881-92. 2011..functions in the first committed step of the biosynthesis of polyunsaturated fatty acids via the desaturation of oleic acid to linoleic acid. In this study, two FAD2 genes were identified through genome-wide analysis of Brassica rapa...
- Cellular glutathione in fatty liver in vitro modelsMartha C Garcia
FDA, Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition, Division of Toxicology, Laurel, MD 20708, United States
Toxicol In Vitro 25:1501-6. 2011..purpose, we cultured the human liver cell line, HepG2/C3A, in medium supplemented with increasing amounts of oleic acid (C18:1) and evaluated oxidative stress by measuring the content of the cellular antioxidant, glutathione (GSH)...
- Fatty acids induce apoptosis in human smooth muscle cells depending on chain length, saturation, and duration of exposureMichaela Artwohl
Department of Internal Medicine III, Clinical Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Medical University of Vienna, Wahringer Gurtel 18 20, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Atherosclerosis 202:351-62. 2009..Therefore, this study evaluated apoptosis and underlying mechanisms induced by selected nutritional FFAs, a defined FFA-mix, and human plasma containing high FFA concentrations in human smooth muscle cells (HSMCs)...
- A selective thromboxane A2 (TXA2) synthase inhibitor, ozagrel, attenuates lung injury and decreases monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 and interleukin-8 mRNA expression in oleic acid-induced lung injury in guinea pigsYoichi Ishitsuka
Department of Clinical Chemistry and Informatics, Faculty of Medical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kumamoto University, Japan
J Pharmacol Sci 111:211-5. 2009..inhibitor, on the accumulation of leucocytes and chemokine mRNA expression in lungs experimentally injured using oleic acid (OA)...
- α-Lactalbumin forms with oleic acid a high molecular weight complex displaying cytotoxic activityBarbara Spolaore
CRIBI Biotechnology Centre, University of Padua, Viale G Colombo 3, 35121 Padua, Italy
Biochemistry 49:8658-67. 2010Lactalbumin (LA) forms with oleic acid (OA) a complex which has been reported to induce the selective death of tumor cells. However, the mechanism by which this complex kills a wide range of tumor cell lines is as yet largely unknown...
- Oleic acid promotes MMP-9 secretion and invasion in breast cancer cellsAdriana Soto-Guzman
Departamento de Biologia Celular, CINVESTAV IPN, San Pedro Zacatenco, Mexico, DF, Mexico
Clin Exp Metastasis 27:505-15. 2010..In breast cancer cells, the FFA oleic acid (OA) induces migration, proliferation, prolong survival, invasion, an increase in cellular Ca(2+) concentration, ..
- Oleic acid synthesized in the periventricular zone promotes axonogenesis in the striatum during brain developmentErica Polo-Hernández
Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular, Instituto de Neurociencias de Castilla y Leon, INCYL, Universidad de Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain
J Neurochem 114:1756-66. 2010Our previous works showed that oleic acid synthesized in vitro by astrocytes in response to albumin behaves as a neurotrophic factor in neurons, up-regulating several proteins, such as the axonal growth marker growth-associated protein 43(..
- Rapid flip-flop of oleic acid across the plasma membrane of adipocytesFrits Kamp
Obesity Research Center, Boston Medical Center, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Biol Chem 278:7988-95. 2003..of the plasma membrane of adipocytes and intact adipocytes to study transmembrane fluxes of externally added oleic acid at concentrations below its solubility limit at pH 7.4...
- Role of nonesterified unsaturated fatty acids in the pathophysiological processes of leptospiral infectionPatricia Burth
Department of Cellular and Molecular Biology, Biology Institute, Universidade Federal Fluminense, Niteroi, Brazil
J Infect Dis 191:51-7. 2005..but not serum samples from severely affected patients, were able to revert the Na(+),K(+)-ATPase inhibition by oleic acid. On the basis of these data, we defined a "serum protection factor" that can be helpful in predicting ..
- Oleic acid uptake and binding by rat adipocytes define dual pathways for cellular fatty acid uptakeD D Stump
Division of Liver Disease, Department of Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Lipid Res 42:509-20. 2001b>Oleic acid (OA) uptake by rat adipocytes and the proportions of intracellular unesterified [3H]OA and its 3H-labeled esters were determined over 300 s...
- A novel FAD2-1 A allele in a soybean plant introduction offers an alternate means to produce soybean seed oil with 85% oleic acid contentAnh Tung Pham
Division of Plant Sciences, University of Missouri, 110 Waters Hall, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
Theor Appl Genet 123:793-802. 2011..Soybean oil with elevated oleic acid is desirable because this monounsaturated fatty acid improves the nutrition and oxidative stability of soybean ..
- Pulmonary injury in acute experimental pancreatitis correlates with elevated levels of free fatty acids in ratsH R Rosen
Hanusch Medical Center, Department of Surgery, Vienna, Austria
HPB Surg 6:79-90. 1992..In another experimental model iv.-infusion of oleic acid (OA) was used to create severe lung injury comparable to human ARDS. In this model control animals received iv...
- Marked differences in gustatory and gastrointestinal sensitivity to oleic acid between lean and obese menJessica E Stewart
University of Adelaide Discipline of Medicine, Royal Adelaide Hospital, Adelaide, Australia
Am J Clin Nutr 93:703-11. 2011..Both orosensory stimulation and feedback from the gastrointestinal tract contribute to energy intake regulation...
- Heterologous expression of a fatty acid hydroxylase gene in developing seeds of Arabidopsis thalianaMark A Smith
Department of Botany, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Planta 217:507-16. 2003..Analysis of the seed fatty acid composition of transformed plants demonstrated a dramatic increase in oleic acid (18:1) levels and a decrease in linoleic acid (18:2) content correlating to the levels of hydroxy fatty acid ..
- Lipid nanoemulsions loaded with doxorubicin-oleic acid ionic complex: characterization, in vitro and in vivo studiesXuanmiao Zhang
Key Laboratory of Drug Targeting and Drug Delivery Systems, Ministry of Education, West China School of Pharmacy, Sichuan University, Sichuan, P R China
Pharmazie 66:496-505. 2011..b>Oleic acid was used to form ionic complex with DOX in order to enhance its lipophilicity...
- Effect of Tween 80 on the growth, lipid accumulation and fatty acid composition of Thraustochytrium aureum ATCC 34304Yousuke Taoka
Laboratory of Marine Bioscience, University of Miyazaki, 1 1 Gakuen Kibanadai Nishi, Miyazaki 889 2192, Japan
J Biosci Bioeng 111:420-4. 2011..The fatty acid profile showed that the content of C18:1n-9 (oleic acid) significantly increased as a result of the addition of Tween 80...
- Oleic acid-dependent modulation of NITRIC OXIDE ASSOCIATED1 protein levels regulates nitric oxide-mediated defense signaling in ArabidopsisMihir Kumar Mandal
Department of Plant Pathology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40546, USA
Plant Cell 24:1654-74. 2012The conserved cellular metabolites nitric oxide (NO) and oleic acid (18:1) are well-known regulators of disease physiologies in diverse organism. We show that NO production in plants is regulated via 18:1...
- Myosin cross-reactive antigen of Streptococcus pyogenes M49 encodes a fatty acid double bond hydratase that plays a role in oleic acid detoxification and bacterial virulenceAnton Volkov
Department for Plant Biochemistry, Albrecht von Haller Institute for Plant Sciences, Georg August University, 37077 Gottingen, Germany
J Biol Chem 285:10353-61. 2010..Deletion of the hydratase gene caused a 2-fold decrease in minimum inhibitory concentration against oleic acid but increased survival of the mutant strain in whole blood...
- Protein kinase C-Fyn kinase cascade mediates the oleic acid-induced disassembly of neonatal rat cardiomyocyte adherens junctionsKwan Lih Hsu
Department of Internal Medicine, E Da Hospital, Department of Nursing, I Shou University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 41:1536-46. 2009b>Oleic acid (OA) affects assembly of gap junctions in neonatal cardiomyocytes. Adherens junction (AJ) regulates the stability of gap junction integrity; however, the effect of OA on AJ remains largely unexplored...
- Redox-sensitive homodimerization of Pex11p: a proposed mechanism to regulate peroxisomal divisionP A Marshall
Department of Pharmacology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75235 9041, USA
J Cell Biol 135:123-37. 1996..129; 345-355). In its absence, peroxisomes in Saccharomyces cerevisiae fail to proliferate in response to oleic acid; instead, one or two large peroxisomes are formed...
- Oleate inhibits steryl ester synthesis and causes liposensitivity in yeastMelanie Connerth
Institute of Biochemistry, Graz University of Technology, Petersgasse 12 2, Graz, Austria
J Biol Chem 285:26832-41. 2010..In summary, our data showed that exposure to oleate led to disturbed lipid and membrane homeostasis along with liposensitivity of the yeast...
- Pmp27 promotes peroxisomal proliferationP A Marshall
Department of Pharmacology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75235 9041, USA
J Cell Biol 129:345-55. 1995..In contrast, cells in a strain in which Pmp27 was overexpressed contained an increased number of normal-sized peroxisomes. We suggest that Pmp27 promotes peroxisomal proliferation by participating in peroxisomal elongation or fission...
- Giant peroxisomes in oleic acid-induced Saccharomyces cerevisiae lacking the peroxisomal membrane protein Pmp27pR Erdmann
Laboratory of Cell Biology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Rockefeller University, New York 10021
J Cell Biol 128:509-23. 1995We have purified peroxisomal membranes from Saccharomyces cerevisiae after induction of peroxisomes in oleic acid-containing media...
- Megalin is a receptor for albumin in astrocytes and is required for the synthesis of the neurotrophic factor oleic acidAndré Bento-Abreu
Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular, INCYL, Universidad de Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain
J Neurochem 106:1149-59. 2008..shown that the uptake and transcytosis of albumin in astrocytes promote the synthesis of the neurotrophic factor oleic acid. Although the mechanism by which albumin induces oleic acid synthesis is well known, the mechanism of albumin ..
- A human hepatocellular in vitro model to investigate steatosisMaría José Gómez-Lechón
Unidad de Hepatologia Experimental, Centro de Investigacion, Hospital La Fe, Avda Campanar 21, 46009 Valencia, Spain
Chem Biol Interact 165:106-16. 2007..These hepatic cellular models are apparently suitable to experimentally investigate the impact of fat overaccumulation in the liver excluding other factors that could influence hepatocyte behaviour...
- Changes in proteasome structure and function caused by HAMLET in tumor cellsLotta Gustafsson
Department of Microbiology, Institute of Laboratory Medicine, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
PLoS ONE 4:e5229. 2009..This study examined the proteasome response to HAMLET, a partially unfolded protein-lipid complex, which is internalized by tumor cells and triggers cell death...
- Oleic acid and peanut oil high in oleic acid reverse the inhibitory effect of insulin production of the inflammatory cytokine TNF-alpha both in vitro and in vivo systemsEvros K Vassiliou
Department of Biological Sciences, Kean University, 1000 Morris Avenue, Union, New Jersey 07083, USA
Lipids Health Dis 8:25. 2009..Based on these observations, we sought to investigate the impact of unsaturated fatty acids such as oleic acid in the presence of TNF-alpha in terms of insulin production, the molecular mechanisms involved and the in vivo ..
- Pharmacokinetics and antitumor effects of vincristine carried by microemulsions composed of PEG-lipid, oleic acid, vitamin E and cholesterolWang Junping
Institute of Medicinal Chemistry, Hoshi University, Ebara 2 4 41, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo 142 8501, Japan
Int J Pharm 251:13-21. 2003..In M-VCR, the surfactants were PEG-lipid and cholesterol, the oil phase was a vitamin E solution of oleic acid and VCR...
- Characteristics and mechanisms of hypothalamic neuronal fatty acid sensingChristelle Le Foll
Neurology Service, VA Medical Center, 385 Tremont Ave, East Orange, NJ 07018 1095, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 297:R655-64. 2009..potential dye imaging, together with pharmacological agents, were used to assess the mechanisms by which oleic acid (OA) alters the activity of dissociated VMN neurons from 3- to 4-wk-old rats...
- Metabolic switching of human myotubes is improved by n-3 fatty acidsN P Hessvik
Department of Pharmaceutical Biosciences, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
J Lipid Res 51:2090-104. 2010..EPA per se accumulated less, however, EPA, LA, oleic acid, and T0901317 treatment increased the number of lipid droplets (LD) in myotubes...
- Occurrence of singlet oxygen oxygenation of oleic acid and linoleic acid in the skin of live miceYuko Minami
Department of Food Science, Graduate School of Nutrition and Bioscience, The University of Tokushima, Tokushima, Japan
Free Radic Res 42:197-204. 2008..Hydroxyoctadecenoate isomers and unconjugated hydroxyoctadecadienoate isomers derived from peroxidized oleic acid and linoleic acid, respectively, which are specific to O(2) ((1)Delta(g))-dependent oxygenation, were detected ..
- Genome-wide analysis of dietary eicosapentaenoic acid- and oleic acid-induced modulation of colon inflammation in interleukin-10 gene-deficient miceBianca Knoch
Food, Metabolism and Microbiology Section, Food and Textiles Group, AgResearch Grasslands, Palmerston North, New Zealand
J Nutrigenet Nutrigenomics 2:9-28. 2009..Dietary n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids can reduce inflammation via a range of mechanisms. This study tested the effect of dietary eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) on intestinal inflammation using interleukin-10 gene-deficient (Il10(-/-)) mice...
- Oleylethanolamide regulates feeding and body weight through activation of the nuclear receptor PPAR-alphaJin Fu
Department of Pharmacology, University of California, Irvine, California 92697 4625, USA
Nature 425:90-3. 2003..Our results, which show that OEA induces satiety by activating PPAR-alpha, identify an unexpected role for this nuclear receptor in regulating behaviour, and raise possibilities for the treatment of eating disorders...
- Genes regulated by arachidonic and oleic acids in Raji cellsRozangela Verlengia
Methodist University of Piracicaba, Faculty of Sciences of Health, Physical Education, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Lipids 38:1157-65. 2003..These results led us to conclude that the effect of these FA on B-lymphocytes includes regulation of gene expression. Thus, diets enriched with fat containing OA or AA may affect B lymphocyte function in vivo...
- [Effect of MAPK signal transduction pathway inhibitor U0126 on aquaporin 4 expression in alveolar type II cells in rats with oleic acid-induced acute lung injury]Chun Ling Chen
Department of Respiratory Diseases, Nanfang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou 510515, China
Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 29:1525-8. 2009To investigate the relationship between aquaporin 4 (AQP4) in alveolar type II (AT-II) cells and MAPK signaling pathway in rats with early-stage oleic acid-induced acute lung injury (ALI) and acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS).
- Role of stearoyl CoA desaturase-1 in TLR5 KO mice colitis and metabolic syndromeMatam Vijay Kumar; Fiscal Year: 2013..In addition, diets rich in oleic acid protected against mouse models of colitis...
- Risk factors for orofacial cleftsSuzan L Carmichael; Fiscal Year: 2011..oxidative stress ([unreadable]- and [unreadable]-carotene, cryptoxanthin, cysteine, folate, lutein, lycopene, oleic acid, pro-vitamin A, vitamins C and E, zinc) or promote it (iron, saturated fat);2) methyl group metabolism - betaine,..
- Mode of Action of Thiorcarlide in Mycobacterium TuberculosisMary Jackson; Fiscal Year: 2012..indicates a unique mode of action of THC on fatty acid synthesis, namely, the inhibition of the synthesis of oleic acid attributable to the inhibitory effect of THC on the activity of the membrane-associated stearoyl-CoA ( 9) ..
- Palmitate Metabolism and Insulin ResistanceCRAIG LAWRENCE KIEN; Fiscal Year: 2013..Palmitic acid (PA), impairs insulin sensitivity in skeletal muscle, and replacing PA in the diet with oleic acid (OA), a monounsaturated fatty acid (FA), may be beneficial...
- Epigenetics and Nutrition: DNA Methylation, Dietary Intake and CVDAnnette L Fitzpatrick; Fiscal Year: 2012..including glycemix index, glycemic load, and cereal fiber intake;dietary saturated fat, linoleic acid, and oleic acid (energy-corrected);and weekly servings of whole grains, vegetables, fruits, meats, tuna/other fish, fried fish, ..
- Nitroalkene-Mediated Vascular Protection and Ischemic StrokeYuqing Eugene Chen; Fiscal Year: 2013..Nitrated oleic acid (OA-NO2) and linoleic acid (LNO2), nitroalkenes formed in nitric oxide (NO)-dependent oxidative reactions, have ..
- PPAR-gamma and Vascular Lesion FormationYuqing Eugene Chen; Fiscal Year: 2013..oxide (NO) and fatty acid-derived product, nitrated derivatives of fatty acids (NO2-FA) including nitrated oleic acid (OA- NO2) and linoleic acid (LNO2), as potent endogenous PPAR ? ligands...
- Metabolomics-Measured Urinary Metabolites, Diet and BP, 17 Random SamplesLINDA VERNER VAN HORN; Fiscal Year: 2013..with lower and higher intakes of: glutamic acid, glycine, omega-3/omega-6 PFA and their specific PFAs, oleic acid/MFA, dietary Ca, Mg, P, non-heme Fe. Further, characterize metabolites of unknown chemical structure...
- Nitroalkenes and Blood Pressure RegulationYuqing Eugene Chen; Fiscal Year: 2012..Recently, we have reported the identification of nitroalkene derivatives of linoleic acid (LNO2) and oleic acid (OA-NO2) with concentrations exceeding 1 ?M in the human circulation, as potent endogenous PPAR-gamma ligands...
- Feasibility study: endoscopic surface-enhanced Raman spectroscopy (SERS) for in sMartin Feldman; Fiscal Year: 2013..study of the Barrett's esophagus by Shetty et al will be used as a model, which identified DNA, glycogen, oleic acid, and actin as diagnostic signature substances for the disease...
- Regulation of organelle function by spatiotemporal control of gene expressionARINDAM SHANKAR MUKHERJI; Fiscal Year: 2013..of spatiotemporal PIM gene expression dynamics following induction of peroxisomal function by the fatty acid oleic acid. In Specific Aim 2 we test whether specifically mislocalizing the transcripts studied in Specific Aim 1 ..
- Pilot Study on Mammary Expression of Novel DesaturasesALISON VAN EENENNAAM; Fiscal Year: 2005..transgenic females will be able to produce milk containing linoleic acid (18:2, omega-6) derived from dietary oleic acid (18:1), and delta-15 transgenic females will be able to produce milk containing alpha-linolenic acid (18:3n3, ..
- Fatty Acids, Angiotensin and Oxidative StressBrent Egan; Fiscal Year: 2004BACKGROUND: Obese hypertensives have elevated plasma non-esterified fatty acids (NEFAs) including oleic acid. Oleic acid induces a PKC-dependent increase of reactive oxygen species in vascular smooth muscle cells...
- Comprehensive evaluation of formulation effects on metered dose inhaler performanJAY HOLT; Fiscal Year: 2013..a respirable aerosol;evaluation of the effects of (a) different amounts of co-solvent (ethanol) and surfactant (oleic acid) will be evaluated...
- Improved ventilation of the edematous lungCarrie E Perlman; Fiscal Year: 2013..effects of heterogeneous liquid-filling or we generate a global, permeability model of edema by including oleic acid in the perfusate. In either model, we image an edematous region by confocal microscopy...
- LIQUID VENTILATION IN ARDSRonald Hirschl; Fiscal Year: 2000..computed tomographic imaging and measurements of functional residual capacity with PLV or gas ventilation in our oleic acid lung injury model...
- Polyunsaturated fats & risk of primary cardiac arrestDavid Siscovick; Fiscal Year: 2005..PCA); and, 2) red-cell membrane levels of trans-isomers of linoleic acid (trans-18:2) but not trans-isomers of oleic acid (trans-18:1) were associated with an increased risk of PCA...
- INSULIN RESISTANCE AND CARDIOVASCULAR RISK FACTORSBrent Egan; Fiscal Year: 2004..AT1 receptor antagonist compared to placebo 3) which protein kinase C (PKC) isoform isoform(s) are stimulated by oleic acid and lead to the generation of reactive oxygen species and activation of extracellular signal-regulated kinases ..
- BIOSYNTHESIS OF OLEAMIDE AND OTHER FATTY ACID AMIDESDAVID MERKLER; Fiscal Year: 1999..approach is focused upon the murine N(18)TG(2) neuroblastoma cell line which synthesizes oleamide from oleic acid, produces alpha-amidated peptides and, as shown in supplemental materials submitted here, to express the a-AE ..
- LUNG CAPILLARY PERMEABILITY WITH HIGH VASCULAR PRESSURESMary Townsley; Fiscal Year: 1991..high intravascular pressures will be tested in normal lung lobes and in those with modest lung injury induced by oleic acid (canine lungs) or complement fragments (ovine lungs), also, the role of blood cells in complement injury will be ..
- Novel peroxisomal genes in the yeast Pichia pastorisJames Cregg; Fiscal Year: 2005..massively and specifically induced in size and number in response to either of two carbon sources, methanol or oleic acid. Primarily through the isolation ofpex mutants in P...
- NO DONORS FOR THE TREATMENT OF PULMONARY HYPERTENSIONDaniel Smith; Fiscal Year: 1999..putreaninate diazeniumdiolate, DMAEP/NO selectively reduced pulmonary hypertension in both oleic acid and thromboxane agonist induced hypertension in pigs...
- Targeted Near-Infrared Probes for Image-Guided Cancer InterventionsDIEGO A REY; Fiscal Year: 2010..of commercially available colloidal lead-sulfide (PbS) QDs which are stabilized in organic solvents using oleic acid. Oleic acid will be replaced with specific thiolated molecules rendering the QDs hydrophobic...
- DEVELOPING BRAIN: EFFECTS OF NUTRITIONAL IMBALANCESGOVIND DHOPESHWARKAR; Fiscal Year: 1980..Competition between excess dietary oleic acid and limiting amounts of linoleic acid first observed by us (G.A.D. & J.F.M...
- LONG-CHAIN ACYL-COA SYNTHETASES IN VASCULAR CELLSKARIN BORNFELDT; Fiscal Year: 2007..b>Oleic acid (OA), the most common fatty acid in triglycerides, has important pro-atherosclerotic effects in vascular cells...
- UNIQUE MECHANISM FOR REABSORPTION OF EDEMA IN THE LUNGRichard Effros; Fiscal Year: 2002..The effects of lung injury caused by high vascular pressures, over distention of the lungs, acid aspiration and infections of the oleic acid will be investigated.
- REGIONAL LUNG FUNCTION IN ACUTE LUNG INJURYBrett Simon; Fiscal Year: 2000..the proposed studies will use the oleic acid animal model of ALI and novel non-invasive CT imaging methods to investigate the relationship between regional ..
- Reactive Oxygen Species Regulate Smooth Muscle GrowthROMANA NOWAK; Fiscal Year: 2007..Studies have shown that factors such as angiotensin II, serotonin and oleic acid, which are elevated in the bloodstream of patients with hypertension or obesity, have significant effects on ..
- CBC-NO: SELECTIVE PULMONARY VASODILATOR FOR SEPSISAndrew Salzman; Fiscal Year: 2000..This scope of work will form the basis for clinical trials of CBC-NO for treatment of sepsis-induced pulmonary hypertension, scheduled to begin in Q1 2001. PROPOSED COMMERCIAL APPLICATION: NOT AVAILABLE ..
- EARLY INTERSTITIAL LUNG WATER CHANGES IN ACUTE TRAUMAJohn Miller; Fiscal Year: 1980..Lennart Fagraeus will not continue to be supported by this grant. His place on the team has been taken by Dr. William McIntyre. Several papers are currently in preparation reporting the work carried out in the past year...
- ALVEOLAR SURFACE FORCES EFFECTS ON LUNG FUNCTIONJames Butler; Fiscal Year: 2000..lungs with surface tension alterations caused by saline lavage, rinses with constant surface tension oils, and oleic acid administration in vivo...
- DIETARY FATTY ACID & EPITHELIAL CELL DIFFERENTIATIONGREGORY APONTE; Fiscal Year: 2005..We have previously shown that oleic acid affects this maturation in a tissue culture system, developed in our laboratory, derived from intestinal cells (..
- FLUID PRESSURE AND EXCLUDED VOLUMES IN LUNGJames Parker; Fiscal Year: 1991..A second focus is a further characterization of pulmonary interstitial fluid conductance during oleic acid injury and at increased transpulmonary pressures.
- REGIONAL MECHANICS OF INJURED LUNGRolf Hubmayr; Fiscal Year: 1999..The regional distribution of lung expansion will be measured in oleic acid injured anesthetized dogs using the parenchymal marker technique...
- Simplified Total Liquid VentilatorKathryn Osterholzer; Fiscal Year: 2005..The clinical merits of the liquid ventilator were also tested in-vivo using a 3-hour, oleic acid lung injury sheep model...
- TRANSGENIC MODEL FOR SICKLE ACUTE CHEST SYNDROMELewis Hsu; Fiscal Year: 2001..mice expressing human sickle hemoglobin are more susceptible than normal mice to acute lung injury from oleic acid injection, due to abnormal interactions of blood cells and endothelium...
- DIETARY FAT AND THE OXIDATION OF PLAQUE LIPIDSMichael Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2000..oxidation products and to infer the mechanisms leading to oxidation assuming that mono-peroxidation products of oleic acid, 3-nitrotyrosine and 3-chlorotyrosine reflect initiation of oxidation by peroxynitrite, free transition metals ..
- DIFFERENTIAL METABOLISM OF DIETARY FATTY ACIDSCRAIG KIEN; Fiscal Year: 2003DESCRIPTION: Preliminary data indicate that the rate of oleic acid oxidation is 21 percent increased compared to palmitic acid...
- Mechanisms for differential effects of dietary fatty acids on metabolismCRAIG LAWRENCE KIEN; Fiscal Year: 2010..usual post-exercise rise in energy expenditure, and lowers fatty acid (FA) oxidation, while increasing dietary oleic acid (OA) enhances FA oxidation...
- Colonic Bacterial Synthesis of Butyric AcidCRAIG KIEN; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- LIPID METABOLISM IN FAT CELLSWen Guo; Fiscal Year: 2010..Together, these studies will provide new insights into the stress-induced regulation of lipogenesis in adipocytes, a potentially important avenue for modulating energy balance. ..
- Brain Fatty Acid Composition and PKC ActivityRobert McNamara; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed experiments are innovative and exploratory in that the effect of altered DHA concentrations on PKC and dopamine D2 receptor expression have not been systematically examined in brain. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Interaction of COX-2 and nNOS in renin secretionTianxin Yang; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Generation of Collecting Duct Knockout of PPARgammaTianxin Yang; Fiscal Year: 2006..New information provided by this proposal is expected to provide insights into the roles of PPARgamma in regulation of fluid balance and in mediation of the side effects of TDZ. ..
- Omega-3 Fatty Acid Deficient Rat Model of SchizophreniaRobert McNamara; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- BETA 1 AND BETA 3 ADRENORECEPTORSJAMES GRANNEMAN; Fiscal Year: 2001..Aim 2. To further characterize the differential signaling properties of beta1- beta3-AR and to examine the cellular and molecular basis. Specific Aim 3. To examine the molecular pharmacology of beta3-AR-selective agonists. ..
- LC/MS of Large Atherogenic Lipid Oxidation ProductsWILLIAM BYRDWELL; Fiscal Year: 2003..The characterization of these high molecular weight oxidized oligomers will provide unprecedented insight into the mechanisms by which dietary oils are oxidized and made available for incorporation into biological tissue. ..
- Oleic Acid Effects on Transit and Absorption in SBSCharlene Compher; Fiscal Year: 2004..Long-chain fatty acids (such as oleic acid) in the intestinal lumen slow transit in more proximal bowel in normal subjects and patients with chronic ..
- BOLD Prediction of Success in a Weight Loss ProgramJames Cox; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Analysis of Therapeutic Adipose Tissue RemodelingJAMES GRANNEMAN; Fiscal Year: 2004..2) To examine adipose tissue cellular dynamics during therapeutic remodeling induced by agonist activation of beta3-adrenergic receptors and PPAR-gamma. ..
- Interaction of COX-2 AND nNOS in renin secretion (R01)Tianxin Yang; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Renal medullary COX-2 in blood pressure controlTianxin Yang; Fiscal Year: 2008..The information resulted from these studies will provide new insight into the molecular mechanism responsible for long-term control of arterial blood pressure. ..
- Proteome Profiling Probes for CoA-Dependent ProteinDAVID MERKLER; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Effects of early-in-life bladder stimulation on adultsAlan Randich; Fiscal Year: 2004..Translation to the treatment of IC would be highly probable. ..
- HEDONICS AND DIETARY INTAKE OF FATRichard Mattes; Fiscal Year: 2008..This will be explored through stable isotope tracer studies for Aim 3. The proposed work will hold important public health, clinical, commercial and basic biological implications. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- FACILITATED UPTAKE OF LONG CHAIN FATTY ACIDS IN OBESITYPAUL BERK; Fiscal Year: 2008..Since tissue-specific up-regulation of LCFFA uptake characterizes obesity, understanding the regulatory mechanisms may have therapeutic implications. ..
- HT Image Assay of Lipid Droplet Formation in Human AdipocytesPatrick McDonough; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Organochlorine pesticide, PCBs, and ParkinsonsAlberto Ascherio; Fiscal Year: 2007..Finally, the long follow-up period will allow the investigation of long-term effects of exposure. ..
- Anti-PAM Inhibitors for the Treatment of CancerDAVID MERKLER; Fiscal Year: 2002..The successful completion of this research will validate PAM a about target for anticancer drugs and will lead to chemotherapeutics that could prove broadly useful in the treatment of cancer. ..
- Design/Advanced Electrostatic Sampler for Total BioaerosolsGediminas Mainelis; Fiscal Year: 2007..The research findings and practical recommendations developed in this research will be disseminated to stakeholders through internet, national and international conferences and workshops. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- REGULATION OF NUTRIENT METABOLISM IN MALES AND FEMALESTRACY HORTON; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies will further our understanding of the metabolic basis for disease in males and females and begin to identify gender specific effects of interventions. ..
- Food Rheology and Feeding in Lean and Obese HumansRichard Mattes; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- MULTI-EPITOPE MELANOMA PEPTIDE VACCINATION WITH GM-CSFCraig Slingluff; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..