Genomes and Genes
monounsaturated fatty acids
Summary: Fatty acids which are unsaturated in only one position.
Publications203 found, 100 shown here
- Distinct effects of saturated and monounsaturated fatty acids on beta-cell turnover and functionK Maedler
Division of Endocrinology and Diabetes, University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
Diabetes 50:69-76. 2001....
- Monounsaturated fatty acids prevent the deleterious effects of palmitate and high glucose on human pancreatic beta-cell turnover and functionKathrin Maedler
Division of Endocrinology and Diabetes, Department of Medicine, University Hospital, CH 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
Diabetes 52:726-33. 2003..Here we examine the effect of saturated and monounsaturated fatty acids at different glucose concentrations on human beta-cell turnover and secretory function...
- Role of clathrin- and caveolae-mediated endocytosis in gene transfer mediated by lipo- and polyplexesJoanna Rejman
Institute for Experimental Treatment of Cystic Fibrosis, HSR Scientific Institute, Via Olgettina 58, 20132 Milan, Italy
Mol Ther 12:468-74. 2005....
- CLOCK genetic variation and metabolic syndrome risk: modulation by monounsaturated fatty acidsMarta Garaulet
Department of Physiology, University of Murcia, Murcia, Spain
Am J Clin Nutr 90:1466-75. 2009..Disruption of the circadian system may be causal for manifestations of the metabolic syndrome (MetS)...
- Monounsaturated fatty acids and immune functionP Yaqoob
The Hugh Sinclair Unit of Human Nutrition, University of Reading, Reading, UK
Eur J Clin Nutr 56:S9-S13. 2002..It remains to be seen whether MUFA will be clinically useful in immunonutrition...
- A comparison of the influence of a high-fat diet enriched in monounsaturated fatty acids and conventional diet on weight loss and metabolic parameters in obese non-diabetic and Type 2 diabetic patientsL Brunerova
Centre for Research of Diabetes, Metabolism and Nutrition and 2nd Department of Medicine of the 3rd Faculty of Medicine, Charles University and University Hospital Kralovske Vinohrady, Prague, Czech Republic
Diabet Med 24:533-40. 2007..It was our hypothesis that the enriched diet would be more effective in decreasing blood glucose and glycated haemoglobin (HbA(1c)) than the control diet...
- Differential regulation of the endoplasmic reticulum stress response in pancreatic beta-cells exposed to long-chain saturated and monounsaturated fatty acidsEleftheria Diakogiannaki
Peninsula Medical School, Institute of Biomedical and Clinical Science, John Bull Building, Plymouth PL6 8BU, UK
J Endocrinol 197:553-63. 2008..This effect is antagonised by monounsaturates that may exert their anti-apoptotic actions by regulating the activity of one or more kinase enzymes involved in mediating the phosphorylation of eIF2 alpha...
- Dietary cis-monounsaturated fatty acids and metabolic control in type 2 diabetesEmilio Ros
Lipid Clinic, Nutrition and Dietetics Service, Institut d Investigacions Biomédiques August Pi Sunyer IDIBAPS, Hospital Clinico, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Am J Clin Nutr 78:617S-625S. 2003..Thus, there is good scientific support for MUFA diets as an alternative to low-fat diets for medical nutrition therapy in diabetes...
- Dietary modeling shows that the substitution of canola oil for fats commonly used in the United States would increase compliance with dietary recommendations for fatty acidsGuy H Johnson
Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition, The University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 107:1726-34. 2007..To examine the effect of substituting canola oil for selected vegetable oils and canola oil-based margarine for other spreads on energy, fatty acid, and cholesterol intakes among US adults...
- Colocalization of SCD1 and DGAT2: implying preference for endogenous monounsaturated fatty acids in triglyceride synthesisWeng Chi Man
Department of Biochemistry, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53706, USA
J Lipid Res 47:1928-39. 2006..in SCD1 (Scd1(-/-)) have significant reduction in the tissue content of triglycerides, suggesting that monounsaturated fatty acids endogenously synthesized by SCD1 are important for triglyceride synthesis...
- Tissue stores of individual monounsaturated fatty acids and breast cancer: the EURAMIC study. European Community Multicenter Study on Antioxidants, Myocardial Infarction, and Breast CancerN R Simonsen
University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, 27599, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 68:134-41. 1998..Alternatively, high olive oil intake may indicate some other protective aspect of the lifestyle of these women...
- Statins and risk of polyneuropathy: a case-control studyD Gaist
Department of Neurology, Odense University Hospital, Denmark
Neurology 58:1333-7. 2002..The authors therefore performed a population-based study to estimate the relative risk of idiopathic polyneuropathy in users of statins...
- Mono-unsaturated fatty acids protect against beta-cell apoptosis induced by saturated fatty acids, serum withdrawal or cytokine exposureHannah J Welters
Institute of Biomedical and Clinical Science, Peninsula Medical School, Room N32, ITTC Building, Tamar Science Park, Plymouth, PL6 8BX, UK
FEBS Lett 560:103-8. 2004..This response was dose-dependent and not accompanied by changes in NO formation. Taken together, the results suggest that mono-unsaturated fatty acids regulate a distal step common to several apoptotic pathways in pancreatic beta-cells...
- Acute effects of monounsaturated fatty acids with and without omega-3 fatty acids on vascular reactivity in individuals with type 2 diabetesS G West
Department of Biobehavioral Health, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA, USA
Diabetologia 48:113-22. 2005..Saturated fat reduces FMD for several hours, but there is inconsistent evidence about whether foods containing unsaturated fats impair FMD acutely. Little is known about the acute effects of omega-3 fatty acids on vascular reactivity...
- Distinguishing between cis/trans isomers of monounsaturated fatty acids by FAB MSHong Ji
Department of Chemistry, Oregon State University, Corvallis, Oregon 97331, USA
Anal Chem 79:1519-22. 2007..in the negative ion mode can be used to unambiguously distinguish between cis and trans isomers of monounsaturated fatty acids by the relative signal strengths of an intense pair of ion signals...
- The role of lipid charge density in the serum stability of cationic lipid/DNA complexesYe Zhang
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, C238, University of Colorado, 4200 E Ninth Ave, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1663:143-57. 2004..Surprisingly, no correlation between the maintenance of supercoiled DNA content and in vitro transfection efficiency was found in the study...
- Synthetic musk fragrances in Lake MichiganAaron M Peck
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Environ Sci Technol 38:367-72. 2004..Concentrations of HHCB are about one-half the predicted steady-state water concentrations in Lake Michigan...
- Association between serum trans-monounsaturated fatty acids and breast cancer risk in the E3N-EPIC StudyVeronique Chajes
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, FRE 2939, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Am J Epidemiol 167:1312-20. 2008..An increased risk of breast cancer was associated with increasing levels of the trans-monounsaturated fatty acids palmitoleic acid and elaidic acid (highest quintile vs. lowest: odds ratio = 1...
- The use of fluorescence resonance energy transfer to monitor dynamic changes of lipid-DNA interactions during lipoplex formationYe Zhang
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, C238, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 4200 E Ninth Avenue, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1614:182-92. 2003..This effect is especially evident in DOPE-based lipoplexes, and suggests that the time allowed for lipoplex formation is a parameter that should be carefully controlled in future studies...
- Fluvastatin, a 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl coenzyme a reductase inhibitor, attenuates left ventricular remodeling and failure after experimental myocardial infarctionShunji Hayashidani
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Circulation 105:868-73. 2002..However, the effects of long-term administration of statins on left ventricular (LV) remodeling and failure after myocardial infarction remain unknown...
- Cholesterol reduction using manufactured foods high in monounsaturated fatty acids: a randomized crossover studyC M Williams
Hugh Sinclair Unit of Human Nutrition, Department of Food Science and Technology, University of Reading, UK
Br J Nutr 81:439-46. 1999In two separate studies, the cholesterol-lowering efficacy of a diet high in monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFA) was evaluated by means of a randomized crossover trial...
- Hydroxy monounsaturated fatty acids as agonists for peroxisome proliferator-activated receptorsHiroshi Yokoi
Laboratory of Medicinal Resources, School of Pharmacy, Aichi Gakuin University, 1 100 Kusumoto cho, Chikusa ku, Nagoya 464 8650, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 33:854-61. 2010..of oxidized polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) has been extensively studied, whereas those of hydroxy monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFAs) are not well understood...
- Trans monounsaturated fatty acids and saturated fatty acids have similar effects on postprandial flow-mediated vasodilationN M de Roos
Division of Human Nutrition and Epidemiology, Wageningen University, Wageningen, The Netherlands
Eur J Clin Nutr 56:674-9. 2002..We tested whether the impairment was greater for trans fats than for saturated fats. We did this because we previously showed that replacement of saturated fats by trans fats in a controlled diet decreased FMD after 4 weeks...
- Estrogenic activity of musk fragrances detected by the E-screen assay using human mcf-7 cellsN Bitsch
Government Health Service Institute of Foodstuff and Veterinary Inspection, Marburger Str 54, D 35396 Giessen, Germany
Arch Environ Contam Toxicol 43:257-64. 2002..E-screen analysis showed that the nitro musk metabolites o-amino musk xylene and 2-amino-MK, the macrocyclic musk fragrances ethylene brassylate, ethylene dodecandioate, and cyclopentadecanolide, are not estrogenically active...
- Monounsaturated fatty acids and atherosclerosis: opposing views from epidemiology and experimental animal modelsJ Mark Brown
Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Medical Center Boulevard, Winston Salem, NC 27157 1040, USA
Curr Atheroscler Rep 9:494-500. 2007..elevated consumption of olive oil, an oil poor in saturated fatty acids (SFA) and highly enriched in monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFA)...
- Identification of a lipokine, a lipid hormone linking adipose tissue to systemic metabolismHaiming Cao
Department of Genetics and Complex Diseases, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cell 134:933-44. 2008..Our data reveal a lipid-mediated endocrine network and demonstrate that adipose tissue uses lipokines such as C16:1n7-palmitoleate to communicate with distant organs and regulate systemic metabolic homeostasis...
- Clinical pharmacokinetics of fluvastatinC D Scripture
Division of Pharmacotherapy, School of Pharmacy, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill 27599-7360, USA
Clin Pharmacokinet 40:263-81. 2001..Fluvastatin does not appear to have a significant effect on other CYP isoenzymes or P-glycoprotein-mediated transport in vivo...
- Polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fatty acids increase neutral lipid accumulation, caspase activation and apoptosis in a neutrophil-like, differentiated HL-60 cell lineDeclan A Healy
Department of Biochemistry, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland
Clin Sci (Lond) 104:171-9. 2003We report here that monounsaturated fatty acids and polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) provoke the accumulation of neutral lipids and apoptosis in retinoic acid-treated HL-60 cells in a concentration- and time-dependent manner...
- Effect on 24-h energy expenditure of a moderate-fat diet high in monounsaturated fatty acids compared with that of a low-fat, carbohydrate-rich diet: a 6-mo controlled dietary intervention trialLone G Rasmussen
Department of Human Nutrition, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Frederiksberg, Denmark
Am J Clin Nutr 85:1014-22. 2007Dietary fat has a lower thermogenic effect than does carbohydrate. A moderate-fat diet, high in monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFA diet), may decrease energy expenditure (EE) and thereby induce weight gain.
- Erythrocyte fatty acids and breast cancer risk: a case-control study in Shanghai, ChinaJackilen Shannon
Center for Research on Occupational and Environmental Toxicology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 85:1090-7. 2007..Recent studies have also shown associations between the ratio of saturated to monounsaturated fatty acids (SI) and breast cancer risk...
- Synergistic effect of polyethylenimine and cationic liposomes in nucleic acid delivery to human cancer cellsChien Hsin Lee
Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, College of Medicine, Room 911, National Taiwan University, No 1, Sec 1, Jen Ai Rd, Taipei, Taiwan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1611:55-62. 2003..2.15 cells (43% inhibition). Thus, the large PEI could synergistically increase the transfection efficiency when combined with the cationic liposomes...
- FluvastatinJ M Lawrence
Clinical Research Fellow, Diabetes and Lipid Research, Wolfson Centre, Royal United Hospital, Bath, UK
Expert Opin Pharmacother 3:1631-41. 2002..Fluvastatin provides a useful option in treating hypercholesterolaemia in patients at high risk of coronary heart disease...
- Inhibition of epidermal growth factor-induced RhoA translocation and invasion of human pancreatic cancer cells by 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-coenzyme a reductase inhibitorsT Kusama
Department of Tumor Biochemistry, Gastrointestinal Oncology, Osaka Medical Center for Cancer and Cardiovascular Diseases, Osaka 537-8511, Japan
Cancer Res 61:4885-91. 2001..These results suggest that HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors affect RhoA activation by preventing geranylgeranylation, which results in inhibition of EGF-induced invasiveness of human pancreatic cancer cells...
- Differential effects of saturated and monounsaturated fatty acids on postprandial lipemia and incretin responses in healthy subjectsC Thomsen
Aarhus Amtssygehus, Aarhus University Hospital, Denmark
Am J Clin Nutr 69:1135-43. 1999..Long-term studies have shown beneficial effects of monounsaturated fatty acids (eg, oleic acid) on fasting lipid and lipoprotein concentrations in humans...
- The fabM gene product of Streptococcus mutans is responsible for the synthesis of monounsaturated fatty acids and is necessary for survival at low pHElizabeth M Fozo
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Bacteriol 186:4152-8. 2004..Monahan, and R. Marquis, FEMS Microbiol. Lett. 189:89-92, 2000). Specifically, the proportion of monounsaturated fatty acids increases when the organism is grown in acidic environments; if the shift to increased monounsaturated ..
- Mechanism of DNA release from cationic liposome/DNA complexes used in cell transfectionY Xu
Department of Biophysics, State University of New York, Buffalo 14214, USA
Biochemistry 35:5616-23. 1996..This results in displacement of the DNA from the cationic lipid and release of the DNA into cytoplasm. This mechanism accounts for a variety of observations on cationic lipid/DNA complex-cell interactions...
- Comparative effects of polyunsaturated- to saturated fatty acid ratio versus polyunsaturated- and monounsaturated fatty acids to saturated fatty acid ratio on lipid metabolism in ratsN W Chang
Department of Biochemistry, China Medical College, Taichung, Taiwan, ROC
Atherosclerosis 142:185-91. 1999..And high MUFA content resulted in greater accumulation of liver cholesterol. It seems that the prerequisites for keeping low plasma and liver cholesterol are (a) low M/S ratio and (b) high P/M ratio and (c) P + M/S ratio not to exceed 3...
- 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-coenzyme a reductase inhibitor, fluvastatin, as a novel agent for prophylaxis of renal cancer metastasisAkio Horiguchi
Department of Urology, National Defense Medical College, Saitama, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 10:8648-55. 2004..Recently, statins have been recognized for their activity against cancer. In the present study, we examined the effect of a synthetic statin, fluvastatin, on the development of renal cancer...
- Polycyclic musk fragrances in different environmental compartments in Berlin (Germany)H Fromme
Institute of Environmental Analysis and Human Toxicology ITox, Invalidenstr 60, D 10557, Berlin, Germany
Water Res 35:121-8. 2001..The corresponding BCF-values based on the lipid content of eel were 3504 (HHCB) and 5017 (AHTN)...
- Synergism in gene delivery by small PEIs and three different nonviral vectorsPasi Lampela
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Kuopio, FIN 70211 Kuopio, Finland
Int J Pharm 270:175-84. 2004..It is suggested that the PEI/Dosper-mediated synergism in the transfection efficiency may be a general mechanism for liposomal transfection reagents, although the effects can vary depending on cell lines...
- Glycaemic control in type II diabetic tube-fed patients with a new enteral formula low in carbohydrates and high in monounsaturated fatty acids: a randomised controlled trialM Pohl
Department of Early Neurological Rehabilitation, Klinik Bavaria, Kreischa, Germany
Eur J Clin Nutr 59:1221-32. 2005..the effects of long-term treatment with a new enteral formula low in carbohydrates and high in monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFAs), in comparison with a standard formula, on glycaemic control in tube-fed type II diabetic ..
- ADIPOQ polymorphisms, monounsaturated fatty acids, and obesity risk: the GOLDN studyDaruneewan Warodomwichit
JM USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts University, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 17:510-7. 2009..Interestingly, the associations of the -11391G>A with BMI and obesity risk were modified by monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFAs) intake (P-interaction = 0.021 and 0.034 for BMI and obesity risk, respectively)...
- Different role of saturated and unsaturated fatty acids in beta-cell apoptosisKatrin Eitel
Internal Medicine IV, University of Tubingen, Otfried Muller Str 10, D 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 299:853-6. 2002..This might suggest that apoptosis in vivo is predominantly determined by the content of unsaturated fatty acids in a mixed fatty acid pool...
- Inhibition of transendothelial migration and invasion of human breast cancer cells by preventing geranylgeranylation of RhoToshiyuki Kusama
Department of Tumor Biochemistry, Osaka Medical Center for Cancer and Cardiovascular Diseases, Osaka 537 8511, Japan kusama to mc pref osaka jp
Int J Oncol 29:217-23. 2006..These results suggest that geranylgeranylation step of RhoA and RhoC could be a good therapeutic target for the prevention of invasion and metastasis of breast cancer cells...
- The role of organ vascularization and lipoplex-serum initial contact in intravenous murine lipofectionDmitri Simberg
Laboratory of Membrane and Liposome Research, Department of Biochemistry, The Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, P O Box 12272, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
J Biol Chem 278:39858-65. 2003..Our study suggests that efficient in vivo lipofection is the result of cross-talk between lipoplex composition, interaction with serum, hemodynamics, and target tissue "susceptibility" to transfection...
- Chiral DNA packaging in DNA-cationic liposome assembliesN J Zuidam
Department of Biochemistry, The Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, P O Box 12272, Jerusalem, Israel
FEBS Lett 457:419-22. 1999..The results underline the notion that subtle changes in the components of a supramolecular assembly may substantially modulate the interplay of interactions which dictate its structure and functional properties...
- The structure of DNA within cationic lipid/DNA complexesChad S Braun
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas 66047, USA
Biophys J 84:1114-23. 2003..A global interpretation of all of the data suggests the DNA component of CLDCs remains in a variant B form in which base/base interactions are perturbed...
- KLN-5: a safe monocationic lipophosphoramide to transfect efficiently haematopoietic cell lines and human CD34+ cellsT Montier
Unité INSERM 613, Institut de Synergie des Sciences et de la Sante, Universite de Bretagne Occidentale, avenue Foch, 29609 Brest cedex 2, France
Biochim Biophys Acta 1665:118-33. 2004..These results demonstrate that synthetic transfection reagents represent a viable alternative to viruses and could have potential practical utility in a number of applications...
- Effects of different dietary fat types on postprandial appetite and energy expenditureAnne Flint
Department of Human Nutrition, Center for Advanced Food Studies, The Royal Veterinary and Agricultrual University, Frederiksberg C, Denmark
Obes Res 11:1449-55. 2003..Therefore, the aim of this study was to investigate the acute effect of intake of PUFA, MUFA, or TRANS on appetite and energy expenditure (EE)...
- Zoledronic acid (Zometa) enhances the cytotoxic effect of gemcitabine and fluvastatin: in vitro isobologram studies with conventional and nonconventional cytotoxic agentsDaniel R Budman
Section of Experimental Therapeutics, Don Monti Division of Oncology, North Shore University Hospital, New York University, Manhasset, 11030, USA
Oncology 70:147-53. 2006..To identify synergistic combinations of clinically available agents with zoledronic acid which would enhance antitumor activity as measured by median effect isobologram analysis and apoptosis assays in vitro...
- Substitution of saturated with monounsaturated fat in a 4-week diet affects body weight and composition of overweight and obese menL S Piers
Menzies School of Health Research, Casuarina, Northern Territory, Australia
Br J Nutr 90:717-27. 2003..Substituting dietary saturated with unsaturated fat, predominantly MUFA, can induce a small but significant loss of body weight and fat mass without a significant change in total energy or fat intake...
- Effects of butter high in ruminant trans and monounsaturated fatty acids on lipoproteins, incorporation of fatty acids into lipid classes, plasma C-reactive protein, oxidative stress, hemostatic variables, and insulin in healthy young menTine Tholstrup
Research Department of Human Nutrition, Center of Advanced Food Research, The Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Frederiksberg, Denmark
Am J Clin Nutr 83:237-43. 2006..Evidence suggests that ruminant trans fatty acids (FAs), such as vaccenic acid, do not increase the risk of ischemic heart disease (IHD). However, the effects of ruminant trans FAs on risk markers of IHD have been poorly investigated...
- Geometrical isomerism of monounsaturated fatty acids: thiyl radical catalysis and influence of antioxidant vitaminsChryssostomos Chatgilialoglu
ISOF, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Bologna, Italy
Free Radic Biol Med 33:1681-92. 2002..This study contributes to the understanding of radical processes that can alter or protect the naturally occurring cis geometry of unsaturated lipids in cell membranes and demonstrates a new role of essential antioxidants...
- Differences in the metabolism of postprandial lipoproteins after a high-monounsaturated-fat versus a high-carbohydrate diet in patients with type 1 diabetes mellitusA Georgopoulos
Minneapolis Veterans Affairs Medical Center, MN 55417, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 18:773-82. 1998....
- The structural organization of cationic lipid-DNA complexesChristopher M Wiethoff
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, The University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas 66047, USA
J Biol Chem 277:44980-7. 2002..Complexes between these two states consist of weighted fractions of these two species...
- The degree of saturation of fatty acids influences post-ingestive satietyC L Lawton
BioPsychology Group, School of Psychology, University of Leeds, UK
Br J Nutr 83:473-82. 2000..Study 1 compared the effects of fat A (oleic blend, high in monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFA)) with those of fat B (linoleic blend, high in polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA)) and fat C (..
- High stearoyl-CoA desaturase protein and activity levels in simian virus 40 transformed-human lung fibroblastsNatalia Scaglia
Instituto de Investigaciones Bioquímicas de La Plata INIBIOLP, CONICET UNLP, Facultad de Ciencias Medicas, Universidad Nacional de La Plata, calles 60 y 120, 1900 La Plata, Argentina
Biochim Biophys Acta 1687:141-51. 2005..Taken together, these results suggest that SCD protein and activity levels are associated with the events of neoplastic cell transformation and programmed cell death...
- A lipogenic diet in mice with a disruption of the stearoyl-CoA desaturase 1 gene reveals a stringent requirement of endogenous monounsaturated fatty acids for triglyceride synthesisM Miyazaki
Department of Biochemistry, University of Wisconsin, 433 Babcock Drive, Madison, WI 53706, USA
J Lipid Res 42:1018-24. 2001..These observations demonstrate that induction of triglyceride synthesis is highly dependent on SCD1 gene expression...
- Phase behavior, DNA ordering, and size instability of cationic lipoplexes. Relevance to optimal transfection activityD Simberg
Laboratory of Membrane and Liposome Research, Department of Biochemistry, Hebrew University-Hadassah Medical School, P.O. Box 12272, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
J Biol Chem 276:47453-9. 2001..Parallel transfection studies reveal that the size and phase instability of the lipoplexes, and not the formation of Psi(-) DNA structure, correlate with optimal transfection...
- Compared with saturated fatty acids, dietary monounsaturated fatty acids and carbohydrates increase atherosclerosis and VLDL cholesterol levels in LDL receptor-deficient, but not apolipoprotein E-deficient, miceM Merkel
Laboratory of Biochemical Geneticsand Metabolism, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:13294-9. 2001..However, the relative benefit of replacing SFA with monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFA), polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA), or carbohydrates (CARB) is still being debated...
- Fluvastatin and perioperative events in patients undergoing vascular surgeryOlaf Schouten
Department of Surgery, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
N Engl J Med 361:980-9. 2009..Adverse cardiac events are common after vascular surgery. We hypothesized that perioperative statin therapy would improve postoperative outcomes...
- Immediate effect of fluvastatin on lipid levels in acute coronary syndromePetr Ostadal
Department of Cardiology, Charles University in Prague, 2nd Faculty of Medicine and University Hospital Motol, Prague, Czech Republic
Mol Cell Biochem 306:19-23. 2007..We suggest that the lipid-lowering effect of statins in the therapy of ACS is probably as prompt as non-lipid effects...
- 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-coenzyme a reductase inhibitors reduce human pancreatic cancer cell invasion and metastasisToshiyuki Kusama
Department of Tumor Biochemistry, Osaka Medical Center for Cancer and Cardiovascular Diseases, Osaka, Japan
Gastroenterology 122:308-17. 2002..We examined the effects of HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors, fluvastatin and lovastatin, on human pancreatic cancer cell invasion in vitro and experimental liver metastasis in vivo...
- Dietary canola oil suppressed growth of implanted MDA-MB 231 human breast tumors in nude miceW Elaine Hardman
The Department of Biochemistry and Microbiology, Marshall University School of Medicine, Huntington, West Virginia 25701, USA
Nutr Cancer 57:177-83. 2007..Use of canola oil instead of corn oil in the diet may be a reasonable means to increase consumption of n-3 fatty acids with potential significance for slowing growth of residual cancer cells in cancer survivors...
- Lipid mixing between lipoplexes and plasma lipoproteins is a major barrier for intravenous transfection mediated by cationic lipidsBouna Moussa Tandia
Center of Structural Biology and Bioinformatics, Laboratory of Structure and Function of Biological Membranes, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Campus Plaine CP 206 2, B 1050 Brussels, Belgium
J Biol Chem 280:12255-61. 2005..Taken together, these results indicate that fusion of lipoplexes with lipoproteins is a limiting factor for in vivo transfection...
- Structure and gene silencing activities of monovalent and pentavalent cationic lipid vectors complexed with siRNANathan F Bouxsein
Materials Department, University of California, Santa Barbara, California 93106, USA
Biochemistry 46:4785-92. 2007..This property of CL-siRNA complexes contrasts to CL-DNA complexes, where the optimized transfection efficiencies of multivalent and monovalent lipids are comparable...
- Stearoyl-CoA desaturase is involved in the control of proliferation, anchorage-independent growth, and survival in human transformed cellsNatalia Scaglia
Instituto de Investigaciones Bioquimicas de La Plata, Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Cientificas y Tecnicas, Facultad de Ciencias Medicas, Universidad Nacional de La Plata, 1900 La Plata, Argentina
J Biol Chem 280:25339-49. 2005Saturated and monounsaturated fatty acids are the most abundant fatty acid species in mammalian organisms, and their distribution is regulated by stearoyl-CoA desaturase, the enzyme that converts saturated into monounsaturated fatty ..
- Ex vivo transcriptional profiling of human pancreatic islets following chronic exposure to monounsaturated fatty acidsGeorge Bikopoulos
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, 1 King s College Circle, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
J Endocrinol 196:455-64. 2008..In summary, our data indicate that chronic exposure of human islets to FFA activates inflammatory and metabolic pathways that lead to oxidative stress, reduced beta-cell insulin content, and inhibition of GSIS...
- Liposome complexation efficiency monitored by FRET: effect of charge ratio, helper lipid and plasmid sizeCatarina Madeira
Centro de Engenharia Biologica e Quimica, Instituto Superior Tecnico, Av Rovisco Pais, Portugal
Eur Biophys J 36:609-20. 2007..Our study indicates that, despite the complexity of these systems not being totally described by our model, FRET is an informative technique in lipoplex characterization...
- Regulation of glucose transport and transporter 4 (GLUT-4) in muscle and adipocytes of sucrose-fed rats: effects of N-3 poly- and monounsaturated fatty acidsE Peyron-Caso
Department of Diabetes INSERM U341, Hotel Dieu Hospital, Paris, France
Horm Metab Res 34:360-6. 2002..Dietary regulation of Glut-4 proteins appears to be tissue specific and might depend on insulin stimulation and/or duration of dietary interventions...
- Effects of four synthetic musks on the life cycle of the harpacticoid copepod Nitocra spinipesMagnus Breitholtz
Institute of Applied Environmental Research ITM, Stockholm University, S 10691, Stockholm, Sweden
Aquat Toxicol 63:103-18. 2003..spinipes. However, there seems to be little risk that synthetic musks are harmful to copepods at present environmental concentrations...
- Polycyclic musk fragrances in the aquatic environmentG G Rimkus
Official Food and Veterinary Institute LVUA Schleswig Holstein, Department of Residue and Contamination Analysis, Neumunster, Germany
Toxicol Lett 111:37-56. 1999....
- DOTAP (and other cationic lipids): chemistry, biophysics, and transfectionDmitri Simberg
Laboratory of Membrane and Liposome Research, Department of Biochemistry, The Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem, Israel
Crit Rev Ther Drug Carrier Syst 21:257-317. 2004..In addition, in vivo applications of cationic lipids are reviewed, and the problems of local versus systemic administration of lipoplexes are discussed...
- Differential protective effects of palmitoleic acid and cAMP on caspase activation and cell viability in pancreatic beta-cells exposed to palmitateHannah J Welters
Institute of Biomedical and Clinical Science, Peninsula Medical School, Devon, Research Way, Plymouth, PL6 8BU, UK
Apoptosis 11:1231-8. 2006....
- Effects of dietary monounsaturated fatty acids on lipoprotein concentrations, compositions, and subfraction distributions and on VLDL apolipoprotein B kinetics: dose-dependent effects on LDLJason M R Gill
Department of Pathological Biochemistry, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, United Kingdom
Am J Clin Nutr 78:47-56. 2003Replacing dietary saturated fatty acids (SFAs) with monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFAs) lowers LDL cholesterol, but the underlying mechanisms remain unclear.
- Monounsaturated fatty acids, olive oil and blood pressure: epidemiological, clinical and experimental evidenceAlvaro Alonso
Department of Preventive Medicine and Public Health, School of Medicine, University of Navarra, Irunlarrea 1, ES 31008 Pamplona, Spain
Public Health Nutr 9:251-7. 2006..In early epidemiological studies, conducted mainly in the USA, monounsaturated fatty acids showed a deleterious association with blood pressure or no relationship at all...
- Polycyclic aromatic musk compounds in sewage treatment plant effluents of Canada and Sweden--first resultsM Ricking
Free University Berlin, Environmental Organic Geochemistry, Malteserstr 74 100, House B, D 12249, Berlin, Germany
Mar Pollut Bull 46:410-7. 2003..In comparison the samples from Canada were contaminated at a higher level than the Swedish samples, by a maximum factor of ca 10 for HHCB and AHTN...
- Temperature dependent properties of environmentally important synthetic musksJaakko Paasivirta
Dept of Chemistry, University of Jyvaskyla, P O Box 35, FIN 40351 Jyvaskyla, Finland
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 9:345-55. 2002..Values of properties were compared with literature-based data, and an example of their use in environmental hazard estimation by fate modeling was given...
- On-site solid-phase extraction and laboratory analysis of ultra-trace synthetic musks in municipal sewage effluent using gas chromatography-mass spectrometry in the full-scan modeL I Osemwengi
US Environmental Protection Agency, Environmental Sciences Division, Las Vegas, NV 89193 3478, USA
J Chromatogr A 932:107-18. 2001..More samples could be extracted in the field at lower cost. After sample extraction, the light-mass cartridges are easily transported and stored...
- Effect of lipid levels and lipid-lowering therapy on restenosis after coronary artery stentingStamatios Lerakis
Division of Cardiology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Am J Med Sci 331:270-3. 2006..The purpose of this trial is to determine whether lipid levels relate to restenosis and/or whether statin therapy can prevent or delay the process of restenosis after intracoronary stenting...
- Correlates of LDL-cholesterol goal attainment in patients under lipid lowering therapyLaurent Laforest
CHU Lyon, Unité de Pharmacoépidémiologie, Service neurologie, Hopital Pierre, Wertheimer, Bron F 69677, France
Atherosclerosis 199:368-77. 2008..LDL-cholesterol therapeutic objectives attainment under lipid lowering therapy remains inadequate. The correlates of LDL-cholesterol therapeutic objective attainment have not been thoroughly explored in an observational setting...
- Evaluation of apoptosis and necrosis induced by statins using fluorescence-enhanced flow cytometryNoriko Yasuda
School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Mukogawa Women s University, 11 68 Koshien, Kyuban cho, Nishinomiya, Hyogo 663 8179, Japan
J Pharm Biomed Anal 39:712-7. 2005....
- Efficacy and tolerability of fluvastatin XL 80 mg alone, ezetimibe alone, and the combination of fluvastatin XL 80 mg with ezetimibe in patients with a history of muscle-related side effects with other statinsEvan A Stein
Metabolic and Atherosclerosis Research Center, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Am J Cardiol 101:490-6. 2008..In conclusion, in patients with a history of statin-associated MRSEs, fluvastatin XL alone or in combination with ezetimibe offers an effective and well-tolerated lipid-lowering option...
- SLCO1B1 polymorphism and sex affect the pharmacokinetics of pravastatin but not fluvastatinMikko Niemi
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University of Helsinki, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Clin Pharmacol Ther 80:356-66. 2006..Our aim was to compare the effects of SLCO1B1 polymorphism on the pharmacokinetics of pravastatin and fluvastatin...
- Apolipoprotein E genotypes are associated with lipid-lowering responses to statin treatment in diabetes: a Go-DARTS studyLouise A Donnelly
Division of Community Health Sciences, Mackenzie Building, Kirsty Semple Way, Dundee, Scotland, UK
Pharmacogenet Genomics 18:279-87. 2008..We sought to evaluate the association of the APOE genotype with the low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDLc)-lowering response to statins, in a large population-based cohort of patients with diabetes...
- Effect of APOE genotype on lipid levels in patients with coronary heart disease during a 3-week inpatient rehabilitation programC Y Vossen
Division of Clinical Epidemiology and Aging Research, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Clin Pharmacol Ther 84:222-7. 2008..We therefore found no evidence that APOE genotyping will be useful in guiding dietary or pharmacological lipid-lowering treatment decisions...
- Anti-oxidative effect of fluvastatin in hyperlipidemic type 2 diabetic patientsShinnya Miwa
Department of Medicine, Metabolism and Endocrinology, Juntendo University School of Medicine, Hongo, Tokyo, Japan
Endocr J 52:259-64. 2005..Our data demonstrated that fluvastatin has a unique anti-oxidative effect in patients with type 2 diabetes and hyperlipidemia, compared with other statins...
- Statin induced myotoxicity: the lactone forms are more potent than the acid forms in human skeletal muscle cells in vitroIne Blankenberg Skottheim
School of Pharmacy, University of Oslo, Norway
Eur J Pharm Sci 33:317-25. 2008..These results clearly indicate the need to differentiate between acid and lactone forms in future investigation of statin myotoxicity...
- Dose-dependent effects of docosahexaenoic acid supplementation on blood lipids in statin-treated hyperlipidaemic subjectsBarbara J Meyer
School of Health Sciences, University of Wollongong, Wollongong, NSW, Australia
Lipids 42:109-15. 2007..Fish oil in addition to statin therapy may be preferable to drug combinations for the treatment of combined hyperlipidaemia...
- HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors reduce nicotine-induced expression of cellular adhesion molecules in cultured human coronary endothelial cellsPlinio Cirillo
Division of Cardiology, University of Naples Federico II, Naples, Italy
J Vasc Res 44:460-70. 2007....
- Multiple antiplatelet effects of clopidogrel are not modulated by statin type in patients undergoing percutaneous coronary interventionSimon M G Smith
Cardiovascular Research Group, University of Sheffield, Clinical Sciences Centre, Northern General Hospital, Sheffield, UK
Platelets 15:465-74. 2004....
- Prevalence of potentially severe drug-drug interactions in ambulatory patients with dyslipidaemia receiving HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor therapyAlexandra E Rätz Bravo
Division of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, University Hospital, Basel, Switzerland
Drug Saf 28:263-75. 2005..Since DDIs are associated with adverse reactions, we performed a cross-sectional study to assess the prevalence of potentially critical drug-drug and drug-statin interactions in an outpatient adult population with dyslipidaemia...
- Low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL-C) levels and LDL-C goal attainment among elderly patients treated with rosuvastatin compared with other statins in routine clinical practiceCarolyn R Harley
Health Economics and Outcomes, i3 Innovus, Palo Alto, California 94303, USA
Am J Geriatr Pharmacother 5:185-94. 2007..Research has confirmed these benefits in elderly patients. The 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl coenzyme A inhibitors (ie, statins) have long-standing proven efficacy in reducing levels of LDL-C and total cholesterol...
- Statins, especially atorvastatin, may improve survival following brachytherapy for clinically localized prostate cancerMark A Moyad
University of Michigan Medical Center, Department of Urology, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Urol Nurs 26:298-303. 2006..A prospective trial of statin medications in conjunction with definitive local treatment for prostate cancer is recommended...
- Combined therapy with atorvastatin and calcineurin inhibitors: no interactions with tacrolimusW P D Lemahieu
Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology and Laboratory of Gastrointestinal Research, University Hospitals Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
Am J Transplant 5:2236-43. 2005..Based on these findings treatment with Tac appears a safer option for patients needing a combination of statins and calcineurin inhibitors...
- Differences between statins on clinical endpoints: a population-based cohort studyJeanne P Dieleman
Department of Medical Informatics, Erasmus MC, University Medical Centre Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Curr Med Res Opin 21:1461-8. 2005..This study compares the risk of cardiovascular and cerebrovascular events between atorvastatin users and other statin users in daily general practice...
- Fluvastatin increases heterotopically induced ossicles in miceR Galus
Department of Histology and Embryology, Center for Biostructure Research, Medical University in Warsaw, Warsaw, Poland
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 33:388-90. 2006..This may also have clinical implication, because patients predisposed to HO and receiving statins during hypocholesterolemic treatment, may be at even greater risk of HO...
- Toxicity of statins on rat skeletal muscle mitochondriaP Kaufmann
Division of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology and Department of Research, University Hospital, 4031, Basel, Switzerland
Cell Mol Life Sci 63:2415-25. 2006..Lipophilic statins impair the function of skeletal muscle mitochondria, whereas the hydrophilic pravastatin is significantly less toxic...
- The clinical relevance of low-density-lipoproteins size modulation by statinsManfredi Rizzo
Dipartimento di Medicina Clinica e delle Patologie Emergenti, Universita di Palermo, Via del Vespro, 141, 90127 Palermo, Italy
Cardiovasc Drugs Ther 20:205-17. 2006..Finally, rosuvastatin, the latest statin molecule introduced in the market, seems to be promising in altering LDL subclasses towards less atherogenic particles...
- [Statins in patients with kidney failure: efficacy, tolerance, and prescription guidelines in patients with chronic kidney disease and renal transplant]Svetlana Karie
Service de Nephrologie, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris
Presse Med 35:219-29. 2006..We reviewed recent studies on efficacy, tolerability and prescription recommendations of statins in CKD and renal transplant patients...
- Fluvastatin decreases cardiac fibrosis possibly through regulation of TGF-beta(1)/Smad 7 expression in the spontaneously hypertensive ratsYuansheng Zhai
Department of Cardiology, First Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
Eur J Pharmacol 587:196-203. 2008..These effects may involve an increased expression of Smad 7 and a decreased expression of TFG-beta1. Our results call for clinical studies to evaluate these fluvastatin effects in hypertensive patients...
- Role of stearoyl CoA desaturase-1 in TLR5 KO mice colitis and metabolic syndromeMatam Vijay Kumar; Fiscal Year: 2013..Stearoyl Coenzyme A Desaturase-1 (SCD-1) synthesizes monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFA;C16:1 and C18:1) from dietary or de novo saturated fatty acids (SFA;C16:0 and C18:0)...
- Obesity, Biomechanics, and Inflammation in OsteoarthritisFarshid Guilak; Fiscal Year: 2013..also measure osteoarthritic changes in diet-induced obese mice fed high-fat diets high in saturated and monounsaturated fatty acids, or omega-3 or omega-6 poly-unsaturated fatty acids...
- Circulating fatty acids and breast cancer risk: a prospective studyA Heather Eliassen; Fiscal Year: 2013..k.a. stearoyl-CoA desaturase 1 (SCD1)), measured by the ratio of specific saturated to monounsaturated fatty acids, (saturation index (SI)n-7 and SIn-9)...
- DIETARY LIPIDS--EFFECTS ON LIPID-LIPOPROTEIN METABOLISMD Illingworth; Fiscal Year: 1991..The influence of diets in which monounsaturated fatty acids represent the main source of fat will be investigated in terms of their lipid lowering effects compared ..
- EFFECTS OF MEMBRANE FATTY ACIDS ON NEURONAL ION CHANNELSTodd Hennessey; Fiscal Year: 1991..in medium without the addition of exogenous fatty acids or in medium supplemented with saturated or monounsaturated fatty acids. The differences in the electrophysiological properties will be correlated with differences in membrane ..
- DIETARY MFA AND LIPOPROTEIN STRUCTURE AND FUNCTIONShlomo Eisenberg; Fiscal Year: 1990..An effect of dietary monounsaturated fatty acids (MFA) - hitherto believed to have no influence on blood lipids - has been recently proposed...
- Characterization of Microsomal Fatty Acid ElongationJAY HORTON; Fiscal Year: 2007..Preliminary data suggests that ELOVL7 elongates long chain saturated and monounsaturated fatty acids. Therefore, we will determine whether ELOVL7 is required for the normal synthesis of lipids that have ..
- Role of Stearoyl-CoA Desaturase in MetabolismJames M Ntambi; Fiscal Year: 2010..SCD is a central enzyme catalyzing the synthesis of monounsaturated fatty acids, mainly oleate (C18:1), the major monounsaturated fatty acid of triglycerides, cholesterol esters, wax ..
- MAC 1/LFA 1/P150 95 AND PMN LEUKOCYTE FUNCTIONChristie Ballantyne; Fiscal Year: 2002..3. Characterize the contribution of each CD11 integrin on the host response to common bacterial and fungal pathogens in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Obesity, Inflammation and Thrombosis: LOOK AHEADChristie M Ballantyne; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- LC/MS of Large Atherogenic Lipid Oxidation ProductsWILLIAM BYRDWELL; Fiscal Year: 2003..The characterization of these high molecular weight oxidized oligomers will provide unprecedented insight into the mechanisms by which dietary oils are oxidized and made available for incorporation into biological tissue. ..
- Fatty Acids and Cardiovascular HealthDariush Mozaffarian; Fiscal Year: 2007..End of Abstract) [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Role of Inter-alpha Inhibitors in Anthrax IntoxicationSteven Opal; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our research is focused on the development of a new and safe treatment based on the ability of inter-alpha proteins to prevent the fatal consequences of anthrax infection. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- WEIGHT LOSS MAINTENANCE TRIALLawrence Appel; Fiscal Year: 2007..The purpose of this proposal is to develop and test two such interventions, which, if effective, should complement ongoing efforts to stem the obesity epidemic and ultimately prevent obesity-related CVD. ..
- Pharmacology of Targeted Therapy to Brain TumorsFRANCIS SZOKA; Fiscal Year: 2008..These results will provide a rationale for targeted therapies for human brain tumors. ..
- Emory Molecular and Translational Imaging CenterCarolyn Meltzer; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Dietary Macronutrients and Weight LossFrank Sacks; Fiscal Year: 2008..The results will be straightforwardly applicable to public health and clinical guidelines for obesity, and will increase our understanding of the biology of obesity and weight loss. ..
- Substrate mediated DNA deliveryLonnie Shea; Fiscal Year: 2007..This system will provide the tools to recreate the complex patterns of gene expression that are observed within a developing tissue. ..
- Non-Viral Vectors for Liver Gene TransferFeng Liu; Fiscal Year: 2006..The therapeutic effects on the metabolic disease on phenylketonuria (PKU) mice, will be examined after the PAH gene transfer using the approach in this proposal. ..
- Parallel gene delivery from spinal cord bridgesLonnie Shea; Fiscal Year: 2008..These results will broadly impact tissue engineering, as the regeneration of complex tissue architectures is a fundamental issue. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Schizophrenia: Molecular Markers of Disease ProgressionElizabeth Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2008..Overall, these studies may lead to approaches that will favorably alter the course, treatment and outcome of schizophrenia. ..
- Brain tumor angiogenesis: Integrin ceramide signalingAnat Erdreich Epstein; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Omega-3 fat to reduce risk for breast cancerWANDA ELAINE HARDMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Biocompatible Dendritic Polymers for in vivo ApplicationsFRANCIS SZOKA; Fiscal Year: 2009..Completion of this research will enable a variety of substantially improved targeted therapies and diagnostic imaging applications that can be successfully applied to treat humans with cancer. ..
- Towards Mechanistic Explanations of Striatal DisordersElizabeth A Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2010..ARRA Request: 2 R01 NS044169-06A2 Thomas, Elizabeth A. ..
- Sphingolipids in Ethanol-Induced Neuronal ApoptosisMariko Saito; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will reveal the functions of sphingolipids in ethanol-induced apoptosis in the developing brain, and will offer bases for future therapeutic strategies for FASD. ..
- Metabolism and Pharmacogenetics in MDMA-Induced ToxicityRafael de la Torre; Fiscal Year: 2009..A study will compare MDMA toxicity when co-adminsitered with the MRP1 inhibitor probenecid. ..
- Effects of intracellular angiotensin IIJulia Cook; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Transfected cell arrays for cancer researchLonnie Shea; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] ASSESSMENT: [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Anthrax DNA vaccine for non-invasive immunization on skinZhengrong Cui; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Using Nanotechnology to Rescue Visual Loss in A Model of Human Blinding DisorderXi Qin Ding; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ACTION - A CHF Trial Investigating Outcomes of ExerciseGregg Fonarow; Fiscal Year: 2006..The trial will take place over 5 years with an initial 6 months for planning, training, and implementation; 3 years of enrollment; 1 year of follow-up; and 6 months for close out, analysis, and presentation. ..
- VLDL and LDL Particle Types as CHD Risk FactorsFrank Sacks; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Diet and Prostate Cancer RiskJackilen Shannon; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Enzymatic Cleavage of the C-N Bond in GlycineDAVID MERKLER; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- KINETICS OF HUMAN POSTPRANDIAL LIPOPROTEIN METABOLISMFrank Sacks; Fiscal Year: 2001..These studies will increase our understanding of the metabolic pathways that are activated or suppressed postprandially, and could lead to treatments for reducing the development of atherosclerosis. ..
- FATTY ACID AND PEPTIDE AMIDATION--A SHARED MECHANSIMGregory Mueller; Fiscal Year: 2003..Demonstrating that oleamide biosynthesis proceeds through PAM, or via an alternative pathway, will provide a basis for improving the diagnosis and treatment of sleep disorders. ..
- Nutrition Program-Caribbean Hispanic elders & diabetesODILIA BERMUDEZ; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- REGULATION OF FATTY ACID METABOLISMCharles Martin; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Anti-PAM Inhibitors for the Treatment of CancerDAVID MERKLER; Fiscal Year: 2002..The successful completion of this research will validate PAM a about target for anticancer drugs and will lead to chemotherapeutics that could prove broadly useful in the treatment of cancer. ..
- WEIGHT LOSS IN OBESE BREAST CANCER SURVIVORSZora Djuric; Fiscal Year: 2002..This study should be useful to determine certain psychosocial are associated with extent of weight loss, and in turn whether weight loss is associated with changes in selected markers of breast cancer risk. ..
- Biocompatible Dendritic Polymers : In Vivo ApplicationsFRANCIS SZOKA; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- SYNTHETIC GENE CARRIERS TO TREAT CYSTIC FIBROSISFRANCIS SZOKA; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Apo A2, C1 and C2 and Diet in human apoB MetabolismFrank Sacks; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Lipid Testing /Treatment in Older MI PatientsJoAnne Foody; Fiscal Year: 2005..This work will ultimately improve care for the elderly patient with cardiovascular disease. ..
- Evaluate the antiangiogenic properties of mda-7/IL-24Rajagopal Ramesh; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- NATURAL VITAMIN E FORMS AS ANTI-INFLAMMATORY DRUGSQing Jiang; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Ceramide in angiogenic integrin signalingAnat Erdreich Epstein; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Molecular and Cellular Biology of LipidsCharles Martin; Fiscal Year: 2007..Proper facilities are available to accommodate handicapped individuals who will be considered equally in the selection of attendees and speakers. ..
- Proteome Profiling Probes for CoA-Dependent ProteinDAVID MERKLER; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Macronutrients and Cardiovascular RiskLawrence Appel; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Regulation of Apolipoprotein B SecretionALAN ATTIE; Fiscal Year: 2006..This will enable us to differentiate between an interaction with apoB early in the secretory pathway and an interaction that occurs after apoB secretion leading to re-uptake of the lipoprotein particles. ..
- MICROBES, DENDRITIC CELL SUBSETS AND T-CELL IMMUNITYBali Pulendran; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ANTHRAX TOXIN, DENDRITIC CELLS AND ADAPTIVE IMMUNITYBali Pulendran; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- MODULATING HIV-IMMUNITY WITH DENDRITIC CELLSBali Pulendran; Fiscal Year: 2004..If successful, such a strategy will likely greatly advance the design of effective vaccines against HIV/AIDS in humans in the future. ..
- DIETARY INTERVENTION--WOMEN HIGH RISK FOR BREAST CANCERZora Djuric; Fiscal Year: 2002..The use of biomarkers will allow to evaluate the cancer-protective effects of dietary modulation over a relatively short period of time. ..
- INNER RETINAL NEURONS IN NORMAL AND DEGENERATING Enrica Strettoi; Fiscal Year: 2009..This is very important to design mutation-independent therapies. ..
- MICROBES, DENDRITIC CELL SUBSETS AND T-CELL IMMUNITYBali Pulendran; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- POLARIZING T CELL RESPONSES IN VIVO WITH DENDRITIC CELLSBali Pulendran; Fiscal Year: 2010..The focus of the present proposal is to understand how this signaling pathway in DCs, regulates inflammation, immunological tolerance and vaccine induced immunity. ..
- Development and Applications of Novel SERT PET LigandsMark Goodman; Fiscal Year: 2006..Once SERT binding is determined in depressed patients, we will be able to assess the relationship of SERT binding and treatment response to SSRIs. ..
- Dispersion of Pseudomonas aeruginosa biofilmsDavid Davies; Fiscal Year: 2003..The proposed work will incorporate undergraduate research training in biofilm science by involving a number of qualified undergraduates in carrying out significant aspects of the proposed research activity. ..
- Biochemical Characterization of Matrix Gla ProteinFrancisco Villa; Fiscal Year: 2006..The third aim is to develop a method to purify the native conformation of MGP using procedures that avoid the acidic conditions and protein denaturants used in previous MGP purifications. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Development of Novel Fluorinated Amino AcidsMark Goodman; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..