Genomes and Genes
Summary: A biologically active principle of SRS-A that is formed from LEUKOTRIENE D4 via a peptidase reaction that removes the glycine residue. The biological actions of LTE4 are similar to LTC4 and LTD4. (From Dictionary of Prostaglandins and Related Compounds, 1990)
Publications182 found, 100 shown here
- Urinary leukotriene E4Nathan Rabinovitch
National Jewish Medical and Research Center, 1400 Jackson Street, Denver, CO 80206, USA
Immunol Allergy Clin North Am 27:651-64; vii. 2007Measurement of urinary leukotriene E4 (LTE4) is a sensitive and noninvasive method of assaying total body cysteinyl leukotriene production and changes in cysteinyl leukotriene levels in specific microenvironments, such as the airway...
- Urinary leukotriene E4 concentrations increase after aspirin challenge in aspirin-sensitive asthmatic subjectsP E Christie
Department of Allergy and Allied Respiratory Disorders, UMDS, Guy s Hospital, London, UK
Am Rev Respir Dis 143:1025-9. 1991Urinary leukotriene E4 (LTE4) concentrations have been measured in six asthmatic patients with aspirin sensitivity and in five asthmatic subjects tolerant of aspirin, before and after provocation with aspirin or placebo...
- Leukotriene E4-induced pulmonary inflammation is mediated by the P2Y12 receptorSailaja Paruchuri
Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Exp Med 206:2543-55. 2009..Thus, the P2Y12 receptor is required for proinflammatory actions of the stable abundant mediator LTE4 and is a novel potential therapeutic target for asthma...
- Elevated urinary leukotriene E4 levels are associated with hospitalization for pain in children with sickle cell diseaseJeanine E Jennings
Department of Pediatrics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Am J Hematol 83:640-3. 2008..52 episodes per 100 patient-years, P = 0.038). LTE(4) levels are elevated in children with SCD when compared with controls. LTE(4) levels are associated with an increased rate of hospitalizations for pain...
- Urinary leukotriene E4 levels after allergen and exercise challenge in bronchial asthmaC M Smith
Department of Allergy and Allied Respiratory Disorders, Guy s Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Am Rev Respir Dis 144:1411-3. 1991Urinary leukotriene E4 (LTE4) concentrations were measured in six asthmatic subjects after treadmill exercise, and in five asthmatic subjects after allergen challenge...
- Urinary cysteinyl leukotriene E4 significantly increases during pain in children and adults with sickle cell diseaseJoshua J Field
Division of Hematology, Department of Internal Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Am J Hematol 84:231-3. 2009Baseline level of the cysteinyl leukotriene (CysLT), leukotriene E4 (LTE4), is associated with an increased pain rate in children and adults with sickle cell disease (SCD)...
- Leukotriene E4 activates peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma and induces prostaglandin D2 generation by human mast cellsSailaja Paruchuri
Department of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, Harvard Medical School, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 283:16477-87. 2008..This LTE(4)-selective receptor-mediated pathway may explain the unique physiologic responses of human airways to LTE(4) in vivo...
- Leukotriene E4: perspective on the forgotten mediatorTak H Lee
MRC and Asthma UK Centre in Allergic Mechanisms of Asthma, King s College London, London, United Kingdom
J Allergy Clin Immunol 124:417-21. 2009..This has stimulated a search for additional LT receptors that would respond preferentially to LTE(4) stimulation...
- Leukotriene E4 and granulocytic infiltration into asthmatic airwaysL A Laitinen
Department of Pulmonary Medicine, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Finland
Lancet 341:989-90. 1993..Since LTE4 recruits granulocytes, the potential of antisulphidopeptide leukotriene drugs as anti-inflammatory and "steroid-sparing" agents should be tested...
- Characterization of the human cysteinyl leukotriene 2 receptorC E Heise
Department of Pharmacology, University of Virginia, School of Medicine, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
J Biol Chem 275:30531-6. 2000....
- Clinical features of asthmatic patients with increased urinary leukotriene E4 excretion (hyperleukotrienuria): Involvement of chronic hyperplastic rhinosinusitis with nasal polyposisNoritaka Higashi
Clinical Research Center, National Sagamihara Hospital, Kanagawa, Japan
J Allergy Clin Immunol 113:277-83. 2004BACKGROUND: The urinary leukotriene E4 (U-LTE4) concentration is significantly increased in patients with aspirin-intolerant asthma (AIA)...
- Urinary leukotriene E4 and 9 alpha, 11 beta-prostaglandin F concentrations in mild, moderate and severe asthma, and in healthy subjectsN L A Misso
Cooperative Research Centre for Asthma, The University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia
Clin Exp Allergy 34:624-31. 2004..However, the negative association of urinary 9 alpha, 11 beta-PGF(2) with lung function suggests an adverse effect of chronic PGD(2) production on lung function in asthma, irrespective of severity...
- Differential effects of fluticasone propionate on allergen-evoked bronchoconstriction and increased urinary leukotriene E4 excretionR Wellings
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Royal Postgraduate Medical School, London, United Kingdom
Am Rev Respir Dis 147:1472-6. 1993Allergen challenge is associated with an increased excretion of urinary leukotriene E4. The source of this increase is unknown, although the lack of effect of inhaled beta-agonists and sodium cromoglycate suggests that airway mast cells ..
- Increased leukotriene E4 in the exhaled breath condensate of children with mild asthmaAtsushi Shibata
Department of Pediatrics, The Jikei University School of Medicine, 3-25-8 Nishi-shinbashi, Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-8461, Japan
Chest 130:1718-22. 2006..454, p = 0.012). CONCLUSION: EBC cys-LTs may be useful as a noninvasive marker assessing airway inflammation and hyperreactivity in children with asthma...
- Leukotriene E4 release in cold urticariaN H Maltby
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Royal Postgraduate Medical School, London
Clin Exp Allergy 19:33-6. 1989..b>Leukotriene E4 (LTE4; a stable metabolic product of LTC4 and LTD4) and histamine were measured in the blood draining the site ..
- Manganese enhances peroxynitrite and leukotriene E4 formation in bovine aortic endothelial cells exposed to arsenicMelisa Bunderson
Department of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences and Center for Environmental Health Sciences, The University of Montana, Missoula, 59812, USA
Cardiovasc Toxicol 6:15-23. 2006..Arsenic exposure also increases leukotriene E4 (LTE4) formation in both the mice and BAECs, an effect that is partially reversed by the addition of Nomega-..
- Urinary leukotriene E4 levels during early and late asthmatic responsesP J Manning
Department of Medicine, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
J Allergy Clin Immunol 86:211-20. 1990..68; p = 0.001). No significant increase in urinary LTE4 levels occurred during the LAR. These results suggest that the LTE4 precursors, LTC4 and LTD4, are important bronchoconstrictor mediators causing EARs after allergen inhalation...
- Effects of a leukotriene receptor antagonist on exhaled leukotriene E4 and prostanoids in children with asthmaPaolo Montuschi
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Largo F Vito 1, 00168 Rome, Italy
J Allergy Clin Immunol 118:347-53. 2006..The effects of leukotriene receptor antagonists (LTRAs) on exhaled leukotriene and prostanoids in children with asthma are unknown...
- Urinary leukotriene E4 excretion: a biomarker of inflammatory bowel disease activityFrançoise Stanke-Labesque
Laboratory of Pharmacology, Grenoble University Hospital, Grenoble, France
Inflamm Bowel Dis 14:769-74. 2008....
- Recovery of leukotriene E4 from the urine of patients with airway obstructionJ M Drazen
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
Am Rev Respir Dis 146:104-8. 1992The urinary excretion of leukotriene E4 (LTE4) was measured in subjects presenting for emergency treatment of airway obstruction...
- Inhaled leukotriene E(4), but not leukotriene D(4), increased airway inflammatory cells in subjects with atopic asthmaG M Gauvreau
Asthma Research Group, St. Joseph's Healthcare, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 164:1495-500. 2001..These results suggest cysteinyl leukotrienes play a role in eosinophil migration into the airways in allergic asthma, and for the same degree of bronchoconstriction, inhaled LTE(4) causes more tissue and airway eosinophilia than LTD(4)...
- The mechanism of LTE4-induced histamine hyperresponsiveness in guinea-pig tracheal and human bronchial smooth muscle, in vitroC A Jacques
Department of Allergy and Allied Respiratory Disorders, Guy s Hospital, London
Br J Pharmacol 104:859-66. 19911. Preincubation of guinea-pig tracheal smooth muscle with leukotriene E4 (LTE4) in vitro increased its subsequent responsiveness to histamine. 2...
- Urinary leukotriene E4 after lysine-aspirin inhalation in asthmatic subjectsP E Christie
Swiss Institute for Asthma and Allergy Research, Davos
Am Rev Respir Dis 146:1531-4. 1992The FEV1 and urinary leukotriene E4 (LTE4) concentrations were determined in six aspirin-sensitive and six non-aspirin-sensitive asthmatic subjects before and after inhalation challenge with lysine-aspirin or placebo solution...
- Effect of indomethacin on leukotriene4-induced histamine hyperresponsiveness in asthmatic subjectsP E Christie
Department of Allergy and Allied Respiratory Disorders, Guy s Hospital, London, England
Am Rev Respir Dis 146:1506-10. 1992..68 +/- 0.46, and this was significantly decreased compared with that on the placebo day (p = 0.02). This suggests that LTE4-induced enhanced responsiveness to histamine is mediated in part by cyclooxygenase pathway-derived products...
- Direct injection method for quantitation of endogenous leukotriene E4 in human urine by liquid chromatography/electrospray ionization tandem mass spectrometry with a column-switching techniqueN Kishi
Analytical Research Laboratories, Eisai Co Ltd, 5 1 3 Tokodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 300 2635, Japan
Anal Sci 17:709-13. 2001..mass spectrometry (LC/MS/MS) with a column-switching system was developed for quantitative determination of leukotriene E4 (LTE4) in human urine...
- Enhanced urinary excretion of leukotriene E4 in patients with mevalonate kinase deficiencyE Mayatepek
University Children s Hospital, Heidelberg, Germany
J Pediatr 123:96-8. 1993..A positive linear relationship between increased urinary excretion of mevalonate and LTE4 (n = 5) suggests that increased cysteinyl leukotriene synthesis is involved in the pathomechanisms of this disease...
- Identification of endogenous surrogate ligands for human P2Y12 receptors by in silico and in vitro methodsYosuke Nonaka
Laboratory of Pharmcoinformatics, Department of Bioinformatics, Ritsumeikan University, Kusatsu, Shiga 525 8577, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 337:281-8. 2005..The analyses showed that the P2Y12, P2Y13, P2Y14, GPR87, CysLT-1, and CysLT-2 receptors formed a P2Y-related receptor subfamily with common sequence motifs in the transmembrane regions...
- Improvement of aspirin-intolerant asthma by montelukast, a leukotriene antagonist: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialSven Erik Dahlen
Experimental Asthma and Allergy Research, The National Institute of Environmental Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 165:9-14. 2002..Addition of a leukotriene receptor antagonist such as montelukast improves asthma in aspirin-intolerant patients over and above what can be achieved by glucocorticosteroids...
- Nasal blockage and urinary leukotriene E4 concentration in patients with seasonal allergic rhinitisN Higashi
Clinical Research Center, National Sagamihara Hospital, Kanagawa, Japan
Allergy 58:476-80. 2003..little experimental evidence that substantiates the relationship between nasal blockage severity and urinary leukotriene E4 (U-LTE4) concentration in patients with seasonal allergic rhinitis (SAR)...
- Urinary leukotriene E4 after antigen challenge and in acute asthma and allergic rhinitisG W Taylor
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Royal Postgraduate Medical School, Hammersmith Hospital, London
Lancet 1:584-8. 1989..These studies provide evidence that leukotrienes are released in vivo in man after antigen challenge and in acute asthma...
- Urinary leukotriene E4 in bronchial asthmaC M Smith
Dept of Allergy and Allied Respiratory Disorders, Guy s Hospital, London, UK
Eur Respir J 5:693-9. 1992b>Leukotriene E4 (LTE4) is excreted into the urine in a relatively constant proportion of 4-7% when either leukotriene C4 (LTC4) or LTE4 is intravenously infused, regardless of the magnitude of the infused dose...
- Leukotriene E4 elimination and metabolism in normal human subjectsA Sala
Department of Pediatrics, National Jewish Center for Immunology and Respiratory Medicine, Denver 80206
J Biol Chem 265:21771-8. 1990..The major metabolites of LTE4 might be useful in assessing in vivo production of sulfidopeptide leukotrienes in humans...
- Functional recognition of a distinct receptor preferential for leukotriene E4 in mice lacking the cysteinyl leukotriene 1 and 2 receptorsAkiko Maekawa
Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:16695-700. 2008..Our findings establish the existence of a third receptor, CysLT(E)R, that responds preferentially to LTE(4), the most abundant cys-LT in biologic fluids, and thus reveal a new target for therapeutic intervention...
- Pranlukast inhibits NF-kappa B activation in human monocytes/macrophages and T cellsT Ichiyama
Department of Pediatrics, Yamaguchi University School of Medicine, Yamaguchi and ONO Pharmaceutical Co Ltd, Osaka, Japan
Clin Exp Allergy 33:802-7. 2003..Pranlukast inhibits contraction of the tracheal muscle, and thereby antagonizes the binding of LTC4, LTD4 and LTE4. However, the action of pranlukast on monocytes/macrophages and T cells is unknown...
- Exhaled leukotrienes and prostaglandins in COPDP Montuschi
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
Thorax 58:585-8. 2003....
- Effects of cysteinyl leukotrienes in small human bronchus and antagonist activity of montelukast and its metabolitesH Mechiche
Laboratory of Pharmacology, EA 2070, Faculty of Medicine, Reims, France
Clin Exp Allergy 33:887-94. 2003..Montelukast (MK), a specific CysLT1 receptor antagonist, is metabolized in two main hydroxylated metabolites (termed M5 and M6, respectively)...
- Temporal profiles of cerebrospinal fluid leukotrienes, brain edema and inflammatory response following experimental brain injuryMartin U Schuhmann
Department of Neurosurgery, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Neurol Res 25:481-91. 2003..The second leukotriene peak at 7 days is likely to follow a different pathway and might be related to a production in macrophages or activated glia...
- Role of cysteinyl leukotrienes in adenosine 5'-monophosphate induced bronchoconstriction in asthmaS Rorke
Division of Respiratory Cell and Molecular Biology, University of Southampton School of Medicine, Southampton General Hospital, Southampton SO16 6YD, UK
Thorax 57:323-7. 2002..We hypothesised that adenosine induced bronchoconstriction in asthmatic patients may be blocked by pretreatment with the orally active selective cysteinyl leukotriene-1 (CysLT(1)) receptor antagonist, montelukast...
- Omalizumab (Xolair) in children with seasonal allergic rhinitis: leukotriene release as a potential in vitro parameter to monitor therapeutic effectsMatthias Volkmar Kopp
University Children s Hospital, Freiburg, Germany
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 18:523-7. 2007..These results strongly suggest that the observed effects of decreased SLT release after omalizumab treatment were attributable to the treatment with omalizumab, rather than to SIT therapy...
- Evidence of mast cell activation and leukotriene release after mannitol inhalationJ D Brannan
Dept of Respiratory Medicine, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Camperdown, Australia
Eur Respir J 22:491-6. 2003..Increased bronchial responsiveness to the released mediators could explain the exclusive bronchoconstriction in asthmatic subjects...
- Concentrations of cysteinyl leukotrienes in urine and bronchoalveolar lavage fluid of cats with experimentally induced asthmaCarol R Norris
Department of Pathology, Microbiology and Immunology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA 95616-8734, USA
Am J Vet Res 64:1449-53. 2003..The possibility that cysteinyl LTs bind effectively to their target receptors in BALF and, thus, decrease free LT concentrations deserves further study...
- [Urinary leukotriene E4 concentration in patients with bronchial asthma and intolerance of non-steroids anti-inflammatory drugs before and after oral aspirin challenge]Renata Rubinsztajn
Pol Arch Med Wewn 110:849-54. 2003..Leukotriene were detected by enzymatic Leukotriene E4, EIA Kit, Cayman Chemical test...
- A novel polymorphism, E254K, in the 5-lipoxygenase gene associated with bronchial asthmaChunying Bai
Department of Pediatrics, Graduate School of Medicine, Gifu University, Gifu 501 1193, Japan
Int J Mol Med 21:139-44. 2008..Thus, our results suggest that E254K in the 5-LO might be associated with BA...
- Montelukast, a leukotriene receptor antagonist, in vernal keratoconjunctivitis associated with asthmaAlessandro Lambiase
Interdisciplinary Research Center, University Campus Bio-Medico, Laboratory of Ophthalmology, Rome, Italy
Arch Ophthalmol 121:615-20. 2003..at the same time points for enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay measurement of leukotriene B4 in tears and leukotriene E4 in urine. RESULTS: Eight of the 10 patients evaluated reported a reduction in symptoms at the end of treatment...
- [Study on relationship between leukotrienes and exercise-induced asthma]Tieying Sun
Beijing Hospital, Beijing 100730, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 82:54-6. 2002..Urinary levels of leukotriene E4 were measured before and 2 hours after exercise...
- Cysteinyl leukotrienes induce IL-4 release from cord blood-derived human eosinophilsChristianne Bandeira-Melo
Division of Allergy and Inflammation, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Mass 02215, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 109:975-9. 2002..Eosinophils contain preformed stores of IL-4 within their cytoplasmic granules, but physiologic stimuli to release IL-4 from eosinophils are not yet defined...
- The effect of cysteinyl leukotrienes on growth of eosinophil progenitors from peripheral blood and bone marrow of atopic subjectsFausto Braccioni
Asthma Research Group, Firestone Institute for Respiratory Health, St Joseph's Healthcare, and the Department of Medicine, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
J Allergy Clin Immunol 110:96-101. 2002..The suppressive effect by montelukast demonstrates that this is a cysLT(1) receptor-mediated effect...
- Protection against exercise-induced bronchoconstriction by montelukast in aspirin-sensitive and aspirin-tolerant patients with asthmaL Mastalerz
Department of Medicine, Jagiellonian University School of Medicine, Cracow, Poland
Clin Exp Allergy 32:1360-5. 2002..CONCLUSION: Patients with AIA and ATA react similarly to exercise challenge and obtain similar protection against EIB by montelukast...
- Cysteinyl leukotrienes in the bile of patients with obstructive jaundiceMasahito Uemura
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Nara Medical University, 840 Shijo-cho, Kashihara 634-8521, Japan
J Gastroenterol 37:821-30. 2002..The increased biliary excretion of biologically active cysteinyl LTs may contribute to the aggravation of cholestasis and inflammatory reaction in obstructive jaundice...
- Exposure to tobacco smoke increases leukotriene E4-related albuterol usage and response to montelukastNathan Rabinovitch
Department of Pediatrics, National Jewish Medical and Research Center, Denver, Colo 80206, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 121:1365-71. 2008..Cysteinyl leukotrienes (CysLTs) are important mediators of asthma in children. Predictors of susceptibility to CysLT effects have not been developed...
- Cysteinyl leukotriene receptorsJilly F Evans
Department of Pharmacology, Merck Research Laboratories, Merck and Co, West Point, PA 19486, USA
Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat 68:587-97. 2002The cysteinyl leukotrienes, leukotriene C4 (LTC4), leukotriene D4 (LTD4) and leukotriene E4 (LTE4), activate contractile and inflammatory processes via specific interaction with putative seven transmembrane-spanning receptors that couple ..
- A potent inhibitor of cytosolic phospholipase A2, arachidonyl trifluoromethyl ketone, attenuates LPS-induced lung injury in miceTakahide Nagase
Department of Geriatric Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Japan
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 284:L720-6. 2003..The current observations suggest that pharmacological intervention of cPLA(2) could be a novel therapeutic approach to acute lung injury caused by sepsis syndrome...
- [Studies on the experimental allergic rhinitis induced by Japanese cedar pollen--role of cysteinyl leukotrienes in nasal allergic symptoms]Nobuaki Mizutani
Kyoto Pharmaceutical University, Misasagi, Yamashina ku, Kyoto 607 8414, Japan
Yakugaku Zasshi 123:1-8. 2003..The results presented in this study further suggest that our model is a good representative of human allergic rhinitis and offer evidence that CysLTs are chemical mediators mainly responsible for allergic nasal symptoms...
- [Leukotrienes as inflammation mediators]Grzegorz Woszczek
Postepy Hig Med Dosw 57:593-610. 2003..Several studies have shown that leukotrienes may play a significant role in pathomechanisms of inflammatory diseases of human airways, skin, digestive tract and heart...
- Increase in urinary leukotriene LTE4 levels in acute asthma: correlation with airflow limitationS A Green
Merck Research Laboratories, Rahway, NJ, USA
Thorax 59:100-4. 2004..Activation of leukotriene pathways is accompanied by rises in detectable urinary levels of leukotriene E4 (LTE4)...
- A patient with neurological symptoms and abnormal leukotriene metabolism: a new defect in leukotriene biosynthesisErtan Mayatepek
Department of General Pediatrics, University Children s Hospital, Moorenstrasse 5, D 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
Ann Neurol 58:968-70. 2005..These data suggest membrane-bound dipeptidase deficiency, a new defect in leukotriene biosynthesis on the step of LTE(4) synthesis, as underlying defect...
- Quantification of leukotriene B4 glucuronide in human urineHaruhisa Mita
Clinical Research Center, Sagamihara National Hospital, 18 1 Sakuradai, Sagamihara, Kanagawa 228 8522, Japan
Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat 83:42-9. 2007..Urinary leukotriene E4 and leukotriene B4 glucuronide concentrations in 13 normal healthy adults were 94...
- Aspirin induced asthma (AIA) with nasal polyps has the highest basal LTE4 excretion: a study vs AIA without polyps, mild topic asthma, and normal controlsC Micheletto
Lung Dept, Bussolengo Gen Hospital, Verona, Italy
Allerg Immunol (Paris) 38:20-3. 2006..Urinary leukotriene E4 concentration (LTE4), that reflects the whole body production of cysteinil-leukotrienes, is particularly ..
- Changes in urinary LTE4 and nasal functions following nasal provocation test with ASA in ASA-tolerant and -intolerant asthmaticsClaudio Micheletto
Lung Department, Orlandi Hospital, Via Ospedale 2, 37012 Bussolengo, VR, Italy
Respir Med 100:2144-50. 2006....
- Evaluation and interference of serum and skin lesion levels of leukotrienes in patients with eczemaZhong Hua
Department of Dermatology, Southwest Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing 400038, China
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 75:51-5. 2006..05). Mizolastine significantly reduced serum LTB4 and IFN-gamma levels as well as skin lesion LTB4, LTC4, LTE4 concentrations. LTs are involved in the pathogenesis of eczema. Mizolastine clearly reduces LTs levels in skin lesion...
- Bronchial responsiveness to leukotriene D4 is resistant to inhaled fluticasone propionatePär Gyllfors
Division of Respiratory Medicine, Department of Medicine, Karolinska University Hospital Solna, Sweden
J Allergy Clin Immunol 118:78-83. 2006..Although the synthesis of leukotrienes is not affected by corticosteroid treatment, the influence of corticosteroids on the leukotriene pathway remains unresolved...
- Urine leukotriene E4 levels are associated with decreased pulmonary function in children with persistent airway obstructionNathan Rabinovitch
Department of Pediatrics, National Jewish Medical and Research Center, Denver, CO 80206, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 118:635-40. 2006..Use of leukotriene receptor antagonists improves disease control in children and adults with asthma. However, the relationship between cysteinyl leukotriene levels and indices of daily asthma control has not been studied directly...
- Invited commentaryCharles Hoopes
Surgery/Transplantation, University of California San Francisco, 350 Parnassus Ave, Suite 150, San Francisco, CA94143
Ann Thorac Surg 82:1088-9. 2006
- Cysteinyl-leukotrienes and their receptors in asthma and other inflammatory diseases: critical update and emerging trendsValerie Capra
Department of Pharmacological Sciences, University of Milan, Via Balzaretti 9, 20133 Milan, Italy
Med Res Rev 27:469-527. 2007....
- Effects of supportive treatment such as antioxidant or leukotriene receptor antagonist drugs on inflammatory and respiratory parameters in asthma patientsT Tug
Department of Chest, Faculty of Medicine, Abant Izzet Baysal University, Bolu, Turkey
Clin Pharmacol Ther 81:371-6. 2007..The serum levels before and after treatment of eosinophilic cationic protein (ECP), leukotriene E4 (LTE(4)), and malondialdehyde (MDA) were determined...
- Cysteinyl leukotrienes induce monocyte chemoattractant protein 1 in human monocytes/macrophagesT Ichiyama
Department of Pediatrics, Yamaguchi University School of Medicine, 1 1 1 Minamikogushi, Ube, Yamaguchi 755 8505, Japan
Clin Exp Allergy 35:1214-9. 2005..Monocytes/macrophages have a cysteinyl leukotriene 1 (CysLT1) receptor, but its function is poorly understood. Objective To elucidate the biological function of the CysLT1 receptor of human monocytes/macrophages...
- [Leukotriene (B4, C4, D4, E4)]Satoshi Kitamura
Nippon Rinsho 63:28-33. 2005
- Evaluation of montelukast in 8 to 14 year old children with mild persistent asthma and compared with inhaled corticosteroidsO Karaman
Professor in Pediatric Allergy, , Izmir, Turkey
Allergol Immunopathol (Madr) 32:21-7. 2004..nocturnal awakenings, percentage of days and percentage of patients with asthma exacerbations, and urinary leukotriene E4 levels. These beneficial effects were similar to those produced by inhaled corticosteroids...
- Urinary LTE4 is higher after nasal provocation test with L-ASA in bronchial than in only nasal respondersC Micheletto
Lung Dept, Orlandi General Hospital, Bussolengo Verona, Italy
Eur Ann Allergy Clin Immunol 39:162-6. 2007....
- Urinary 3-bromotyrosine and 3-chlorotyrosine concentrations in asthmatic patients: lack of increase in 3-bromotyrosine concentration in urine and plasma proteins in aspirin-induced asthma after intravenous aspirin challengeH Mita
Clinical Research Center, National Sagamihara Hospital, Sagamihara, Kanagawa, Japan
Clin Exp Allergy 34:931-8. 2004..Eosinophil peroxidase and myeloperoxidase halogenate tyrosine residues in plasma proteins and generate 3-bromotyrosine (BY) and 3-chlorotyrosine (CY), respectively...
- Urinary leukotriene LTE4 levels in non-responders to antileukotriene therapyD K C Lee
Thorax 59:727; author reply 727. 2004
- Treatment of asthma with antileukotrienes: first line or last resort therapy?Sven Erik Dahlen
Experimental Asthma and Allergy Research, The National Institute of Environmental Medicine, Karolinska Institute, SE 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Pharmacol 533:40-56. 2006..Further research needs and new areas for leukotriene involvement in respiratory diseases are also discussed...
- [Leukotrienes: potential therapeutic targets in cardiovascular diseases]Magnus Bäck
INSERM unité 698, CHU Xavier Bichat, 16 rue Henri Huchard, 75018 Paris
Bull Acad Natl Med 190:1511-8; discussion 1518-21. 2006..Further experimental and clinical studies are needed to determine the potential of therapeutic strategies targeting the leukotriene pathway in cardiovascular disease...
- Increase in urinary leukotriene B4 glucuronide concentration in patients with aspirin-intolerant asthma after intravenous aspirin challengeH Mita
Clinical Research Center, National Sagamihara Hospital, Kanagawa, Japan
Clin Exp Allergy 34:1262-9. 2004Aspirin challenge of aspirin-intolerant asthma (AIA) patients causes a significant increase in leukotriene E4 (LTE4) concentration in urine. However, knowledge on leukotriene B4 (LTB4) generation in patients with AIA is insufficient...
- Leukotriene E(4)-induced persistent eosinophilia and airway obstruction are reversed by zafirlukast in patients with asthmaAnnika Laitinen
Institute of Biomedicine, Department of Anatomy, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
J Allergy Clin Immunol 115:259-65. 2005..CONCLUSION: Persistent LTE 4 -induced airway eosinophilia may form the basis of an amplification mechanism for further eosinophil recruitment. Zafirlukast prevents LTE 4 -induced eosinophilic airway inflammation in mild asthma...
- Antigen specific quantification of sulfidoleukotrienes in patients allergic to Betalactam antibioticsC García-Avilés
Departamento de Alergología e Inmunología Clínica, Clinica Universitaria de Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol 15:37-45. 2005..This can be detected by means of the CAST assay. We assessed the positivity criteria and the reliability of antigen-specific sulfidoleukotriene production (CAST) in the in vitro diagnosis of betalactam (BL) allergic patients...
- A novel method for preserving human lungs using a super-cooling systemMasayoshi Abe
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, Fukuoka University, Fukuoka, Japan
Ann Thorac Surg 82:1085-8. 2006..To ensure the suitable preservation of isolated lungs, a super-cooling system was used to cool water to temperatures as low as -5 degrees C without freezing...
- Studies of receptors and modulatory mechanisms in functional responses to cysteinyl-leukotrienes in smooth muscleMagnus Bäck
Institute of Environmental Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Physiol Scand Suppl 648:1-55. 2002..Moreover, the interconversion between LTC4 and LTD4 and the metabolism into LTE4 may represent a major modulatory mechanism in the guinea-pig trachea by deciding which CysLT receptor is activated by the cysteinyl-leukotrienes...
- Leukotrienes in patients with clinically active multiple sclerosisI S Neu
Department of Neurology, Municipal Hospital, Academic Teaching, Hospital of Tübingen University, Sindelfingen, Germany
Acta Neurol Scand 105:63-6. 2002..Studies of LTs in the cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) revealed different results mainly because of analytical difficulties...
- Possible involvement of mast-cell activation in aspirin provocation of aspirin-induced asthmaH Mita
Clinical Research Center, National Sagamihara Hospital, Japan
Allergy 56:1061-7. 2001..METHODS: Urinary concentrations of leukotriene E4 (LTE4), 11-dehydrothromboxane B2, 9alpha,11beta-prostaglandin F2, and Ntau-methylhistamine were measured ..
- Heparin inhibits hyperventilation-induced late-phase hyperreactivity in dogsRyoichi Suzuki
Department of Environmental Health Sciences, The Johns Hopkins School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland 20892-7924, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 165:27-33. 2002..We conclude that heparin inhibits hyperventilation-induced late-phase changes in peripheral airway function, and does so in part via the inhibition of eosinophil migration and eicosanoid mediator production and release...
- Enhanced prostaglandin E2 secretion in sputum from asthmatic patients after zafirlukast therapyJ J Tsai
Section of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Cathay General Hospital, 280, Section 4, Jen-Ai Road, Taipei, Taiwan
J Formos Med Assoc 100:241-3. 2001..before and after therapy and concentrations of eosinophil cationic protein (ECP), prostaglandin E2 (PGE2), and leukotriene E4 (LTE4) were measured. RESULTS: A significant improvement in PEFR was found after zafirlukast therapy (p = 0...
- Effects of pranlukast on chemical mediators in induced sputum on provocation tests in atopic and aspirin-intolerant asthmatic patientsYasushi Obase
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Nagasaki University School of Medicine, Nagasaki, Japan
Chest 121:143-50. 2002..Leukotrienes (LTs) are important in asthma, and LT modifiers modulate antigen-induced asthma. Overproduction of LT by suppression of cyclooxygenase activity is involved in patients with aspirin-intolerant asthma (AIA)...
- Hodgkin Reed-Sternberg cells express 15-lipoxygenase-1 and are putative producers of eoxins in vivo: novel insight into the inflammatory features of classical Hodgkin lymphomaHans Erik Claesson
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, and Orexo AB, Uppsala, Sweden
FEBS J 275:4222-34. 2008..Furthermore, the discovery of the high 15-lipoxygenase-1 activity in L1236 cells demonstrates that this cell line comprises a useful model system to study the chemical and biological roles of 15-lipoxygenase-1...
- [The relationship between eosinophils, activated T lymphocyte, leukotreine and the exercise-induced asthma]Y Guo
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Beijing Hospital, Beijing 100730, China
Zhonghua Jie He He Hu Xi Za Zhi 24:360-4. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: Hyperventilation during exercise may not be the cause leading to EIA, neither did the activation of T lymphocytes, IL-4 and IL-5 gene expression nor ECP. Leukotriene may play an important role in the pathogenesis of EIA...
- Antiallergic effect of ardisiaquinone A, a potent 5-lipoxygenase inhibitorN Fukuishi
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tokushima Bunri University, Tokushima, Japan
Phytomedicine 8:460-4. 2001....
- SCF-induced airway hyperreactivity is dependent on leukotriene productionS H Oliveira
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, 13012 Catherine, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-0602, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 280:L1242-9. 2001..Altogether, these studies indicate that SCF-induced airway hyperreactivity is dependent upon leukotriene-mediated pathways...
- Receptor preferences of cysteinyl-leukotrienes in the guinea pig lung parenchymaKiyoto Sakata
Experimental Asthma and Allergy Research, Institute of Environmental Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, 171 77, Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Pharmacol 436:119-26. 2002..These results suggest that leukotriene E(4) solely activates a CysLT(1) receptor, and that the CysLT(1) receptor antagonist-resistant contraction to leukotriene D(4) and C(4) is mediated via another CysLT receptor...
- Binding of radiolabeled high affinity antagonist to leukotriene D4 receptor in guinea pig lung membranes: interconversion of agonist-receptor binding affinity statesS Mong
Department of Pediatrics, St Christopher s Hospital For Children, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Mol Pharmacol 35:795-802. 1989..04 nM and 1030 +/- 180 fmol/mg, respectively. In competition studies, LTD4, stereoisomer (5R,6S)-LTD4, and leukotriene E4 (LTE4) competed with [3H]ICI-198615 binding to specific sites, with a stereoselectivity and a rank order of ..
- Clinical and biochemical effects of a combination botanical product (ClearGuard) for allergy: a pilot randomized double-blind placebo-controlled trialJonathan Corren
Allergy Research Foundation, Los Angeles, USA
Nutr J 7:20. 2008..The current study was conducted to determine the effects of these combined ingredients upon the nasal response to allergen challenge in patients with seasonal allergic rhinitis...
- Effect of the leukotriene receptor antagonists FPL 55712, LY 163443, and MK-571 on the elimination of cysteinyl leukotrienes in the ratC Denzlinger
Klinikum Grosshadern, , , West Germany
Br J Pharmacol 102:865-70. 1991..initial hepatobiliary secretion of 887 +/- 206 pmol kg-1 h-1 of the endogenous leukotriene metabolite N-acetyl leukotriene E4 (LTE4NAc). 4...
- The presence of leukotriene C4- and prostacyclin-binding sites in nonpregnant human uterine tissueN Chegini
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Louisville School of Medicine, Kentucky 40292
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 66:76-87. 1988..excess unlabeled leukotriene C4, but not with excess unlabeled leukotriene A4, leukotriene B4, leukotriene D4, leukotriene E4, prostaglandin (PG) E1, PGF2a, or PGI2...
- The cysteinyl-leukotriene receptor antagonist BAY u9773 is a competitive antagonist of leukotriene C4 in the guinea-pig ileumM Back
Experimental Asthma and Allergy Research, Institute of Environmental Medicine, Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Pharmacol 317:107-13. 1996..However, the leukotriene E4 analogue BAY u9773 (6(R)-(4'-carboxyphenylthio)-5(S)-hydroxy-7(E),9(E),11(Z), 14(Z)-eicosatetraenoic acid) has ..
- Increased levels of cysteinyl-leukotrienes in saliva, induced sputum, urine and blood from patients with aspirin-intolerant asthmaF Gaber
Unit of Experimental Asthma and Allergy Research, The National Institute of Environmental Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Thorax 63:1076-82. 2008..The effects of aspirin- and allergen-induced bronchoconstriction on leukotriene levels in saliva and ex vivo stimulated blood were also compared with the effects of the provocations on urinary mediators...
- Dipetalodipin, a novel multifunctional salivary lipocalin that inhibits platelet aggregation, vasoconstriction, and angiogenesis through unique binding specificity for TXA2, PGF2alpha, and 15(S)-HETETeresa C F Assumpção
Vector Biology Section, Laboratory of Malaria and Vector Research, NIAID, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 8132, USA
J Biol Chem 285:39001-12. 2010..Results suggest that DPTL blocks platelet aggregation, vasoconstriction, and angiogenesis through binding to distinct eicosanoids involved in inflammation...
- Characterization of the cloned guinea pig leukotriene B4 receptor: comparison to its human orthologueY Boie
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Merck Frosst Center for Therapeutic Research, Pointe Claire Dorval, Quebec, Canada
Eur J Pharmacol 380:203-13. 1999..U75302 (6-(6-(3-hydroxy-1E,5Z-undecadienyl)-2-pyridinyl)-1,5-hexane diol) >> leukotriene C4 = leukotriene D4 = leukotriene E4. For the human receptor the rank order of 12(S)-HETE, 20-COOH-leukotriene B4 and U75302 was reversed...
- The use of the leukotriene receptor antagonist montelukast (Singulair) in the management of dysmenorrhea in adolescentsZeev Harel
Division of Adolescent Medicine, Hasbro Children s Hospital, Providence, Rhode Island 02903, USA
J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 17:183-6. 2004..In the present study we examined whether blocking leukotrienes might alleviate symptoms of dysmenorrhea in adolescents...
- Functional characterization of receptors for cysteinyl-leukotrienes in sheep trachealis muscleE W Jonsson
Institute of Environmental Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Pulm Pharmacol Ther 10:29-36. 1997..D4 evoked contractile responses, leukotriene C4 being significantly more potent than leukotriene D4, whereas leukotriene E4 failed to elicit contractions...
- Natural products as a gold mine for arthritis treatmentDinesh Khanna
Division of Immunology, Department of Medicine, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Curr Opin Pharmacol 7:344-51. 2007....
- Tissue distribution, elimination and metabolism of [3H]-leukotriene C4 in the American bullfrog, Rana catesbeianaC A Pfeifer
Department of Biology, New Mexico State University Las Cruces
Prostaglandins 45:203-19. 1993..These polar metabolites were determined to be 18-carboxy-19,20-dinor-leukotriene E4, 20-carboxy-leukotriene E4, and 20-hydroxy-leukotriene E4...
- LEUKOTRIENES AND MESSENGERS IN PHOTORECEPTOR RENEWALNicolas Bazan; Fiscal Year: 1993..The results will define the involvement of second messengers in the interactions between visual cells and retinal pigment epithelium during photoreceptor renewal...
- DRUG METABOLISM AND DETOXIFICATION IN THE EYEHitoshi Shichi; Fiscal Year: 1992..Similar enzymes catalyze conversion of leukotriene A4 to leukotriene E4. It is not known whether the enzymes responsible for the metabolism of xenobiotics and the endogenous ..
- NEUTROPHILS AND HEPATOTOXICITYRobert Roth; Fiscal Year: 1993..e., parenchymal cells biliary epithelium) and effector cells (i.e., PMNs, Kupffer cells) that contribute to hepatotoxicity...
- Regulation of Pulmonary Prostaglandins by Leukotriene E4Joshua A Boyce; Fiscal Year: 2010..The findings are expected to have immediate implications for asthma pathophysiology and treatment. ..
- Polymorphisms Related to Effects of Particulate Air Pollution In Urban ChildhoodNathan Rabinovitch; Fiscal Year: 2007..Urine leukotriene E4 levels will be collected from each child on 16 consecutive schooldays and exhaled nitric oxide will be sampled ..
- CELLULAR BASIS OF HYPERSENSITIVITY DISEASES IN HUMANSFRANK AUSTEN; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Planning Grant:Research on Blinding Eye Diseases (RMI)Darlene Dartt; Fiscal Year: 2006..Based on these findings, an application for an Interdisciplinary Center for Research on Blinding Eye Diseases will be prepared. ..
- MECHANISMS OF SMOOTH MUSCLE HYPERREACTIVITY ON ASTHMAPrescott Woodruff; Fiscal Year: 2006..The candidate will complement these studies with a curriculum of advanced training in methods for the design and analysis of gene expression studies in human subjects. ..
- Molecular Phenotyping of AsthmaPrescott G Woodruff; Fiscal Year: 2010..The ultimate goal of these cell culture studies is to identify new therapies for asthma. (End of Abstract) ..
- Role of Th2 and non-Th2 Inflammation in Airway Smooth Muscle Remodeling in AsthmaPrescott G Woodruff; Fiscal Year: 2010..End of Abstract) ..
- Molecular Phenotyping of AsthmaPrescott Woodruff; Fiscal Year: 2009..The ultimate goal of these cell culture studies is to identify new therapies for asthma. (End of Abstract) ..
- Control of Conjuctival Goblet Cell Mucin ProductionDarlene Dartt; Fiscal Year: 2009..Study of the signaling pathways that stimulate conjunctival goblet cell proliferation will lead to the development of treatments to replenish the mucin layer in these diseases. ..
- Conjunctival Goblet Cell Mucin Secretion in Inflammation and Its ResolutionDarlene A Dartt; Fiscal Year: 2010..This will provide significant insights into developing novel treatments for ocular surface inflammation. ..
- MECHANISM OF LACRIMAL GLAND SECRETIONDarlene Dartt; Fiscal Year: 2009..There is no cure for dry eye and as the lacrimal gland is the primary contributor to the aqueous layer of the tear film, replacement of a diseased lacrimal gland using stem cells would improve the health of the ocular surface. ..
- CONTROL OF CONJUNCTIVAL GOBLET CELL MUCOUS PRODUCTIONDarlene Dartt; Fiscal Year: 1993....
- MECHANISM OF LACRIMAL GLAND SECRETIONDarlene Dartt; Fiscal Year: 1993....
- MECHANISM OF LACRIMAL GLAND SECRETIONDarlene Dartt; Fiscal Year: 2005..lmmunofluorescence microscopy, Western and Northern blot analysis, and RT-PCR will be used to determine how the expression and release of EGF and its family members is regulated. ..
- IMMUNOLOGIC BASIS OF RESISTANCE AND HYPERSENSITIVITYFRANK AUSTEN; Fiscal Year: 2007..Support is again requested for eight postdoctoral trainees having either a M.D. or Ph.D. degree or both and one predoctoral trainee. ..
- NEUROGENIC INFLAMMATORY RESPONSE TO RSVGiovanni Piedimonte; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies may provide important information concerning the mechanisms of post- RSV childhood asthma. ..
- Keystone Symposium: Eicosanoid Lipid MediatorsJilly Evans; Fiscal Year: 2003..NIH support for this meeting will allow more graduate student and postdoctoral participation in.this exciting multidisciplinary meeting. ..