Genomes and Genes
Summary: Inorganic compounds that contain zinc as an integral part of the molecule.
Publications216 found, 100 shown here
- Preparation of hippurate-zinc layered hydroxide nanohybrid and its synergistic effect with tamoxifen on HepG2 cell linesSamer Hasan Hussein Al Ali
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
Int J Nanomedicine 6:3099-111. 2011..A new simple preparation method for a hippurate-intercalated zinc-layered hydroxide (ZLH) nanohybrid has been established, which does not need an anion-exchange procedure to intercalate the hippurate anion into ZLH interlayers...
- In vitro toxicity assessment of amphiphillic polymer-coated CdSe/ZnS quantum dots in two human liver cell modelsWesley E Smith
Department of Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, United States
ACS Nano 6:9475-84. 2012..Thus, further in vivo studies are warranted to ensure that TOPO-PMAT-coated Qdots used in biomedical applications do not induce inflammatory responses as a consequence of hepatic uptake...
- Solubilization of zinc compounds by the diazotrophic, plant growth promoting bacterium Gluconacetobacter diazotrophicusV S Saravanan
School of Bioengineering and Biosciences, Vellore Institute of Technology VIT, Vellore 632 014, Tamil Nadu, India
Chemosphere 66:1794-8. 2007..diazotrophicus PAl5 cultured with glucose as carbon source. This organic anion may be an important agent that helped in the solubilization of insoluble Zn compounds...
- Synthesis of CdTe/CdS/ZnS quantum dots and their application in imaging of hepatocellular carcinoma cells and immunoassay for alpha fetoproteinJianniao Tian
Key Laboratory for the Chemistry and Molecular Engineering of Medicinal Resources Ministry of Education of China, College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering of Guangxi Normal University, Guilin, People s Republic of China
Nanotechnology 21:305101. 2010....
- Chemiluminescent and chemiluminescence resonance energy transfer (CRET) detection of DNA, metal ions, and aptamer-substrate complexes using hemin/G-quadruplexes and CdSe/ZnS quantum dotsRonit Freeman
Institute of Chemistry, Center of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem 91904, Israel
J Am Chem Soc 133:11597-604. 2011..By the application of three different sized QDs functionalized with different hairpins, the multiplexed analysis of three different DNA targets is demonstrated by the generation of three different CRET luminescence signals...
- Fluorescence resonance energy transfer between quantum dot donors and dye-labeled protein acceptorsAaron R Clapp
Optical Sciences Division, Code 5611, U S Naval Research Laboratory, Washington, D C 20375, USA
J Am Chem Soc 126:301-10. 2004....
- Characterization and stability analysis of zinc oxide nanoencapsulated conjugated linoleic acidJin Ho Choy
Dept of Chemistry, Ewha Womans Univ, Seoul, Korea
J Food Sci 75:N63-8. 2010..Nanoencapsulation improved the thermal stability of CLA by about 25%, compared to pristine CLA. Practical Application: This system can be used for protection of encapsulated negatively-charged food ingredients from thermal processing...
- Zinc carnosine, a health food supplement that stabilises small bowel integrity and stimulates gut repair processesA Mahmood
Department of Gastroenterology, Imperial College London, UK
Gut 56:168-75. 2007..Zinc carnosine (ZnC) is a health food product claimed to possess health-promoting and gastrointestinal supportive activity. Scientific evidence underlying these claims is, however, limited...
- Zinc and copper: proposed fortification levels and recommended zinc compoundsJorge L Rosado
School of Natural Sciences, University of Queretaro, Mexico
J Nutr 133:2985S-9S. 2003..2-0.4 mg of copper depending on the habitual diet, magnitude of deficiencies and period of supplementation...
- The cytotoxicity of cadmium based, aqueous phase - synthesized, quantum dots and its modulation by surface coatingYuanyuan Su
Shanghai Institute of Applied Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Jialuo Road 2019, Shanghai 201800, China
Biomaterials 30:19-25. 2009....
- Cytotoxicity of colloidal CdSe and CdSe/ZnS nanoparticlesChristian Kirchner
Center for Nanoscience, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Germany
Nano Lett 5:331-8. 2005..Additional patch clamp experiments investigate effects of the particles on currents through ion channels...
- Ordering of quantum dots using genetically engineered virusesSeung Wuk Lee
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Center for Nano and Molecular Science and Technology, Texas Materials Institute, Institute for Cellular and Molecular Biology, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78712, USA
Science 296:892-5. 2002..In addition, suspensions were prepared in which the lyotropic liquid crystalline phase behavior of the hybrid material was controlled by solvent concentration and by the use of a magnetic field...
- How to hide zinc in a small proteinClaudia A Blindauer
School of Chemistry, University of Edinburgh, West Mains Road, Edinburgh EH9 3JJ, UK
Acc Chem Res 38:62-9. 2005..Clearly, proteins can exert fine control over both the thermodynamics and kinetics of zinc binding in thiolate clusters. Genome sequences suggest that related zinc-finger sites are common in a variety of bacteria...
- NADPH oxidase-dependent acid production in airway epithelial cellsChristian Schwarzer
Children s Hospital Oakland Research Institute, 5700 Martin Luther King Jr Way, Oakland, CA 94609, USA
J Biol Chem 279:36454-61. 2004..These data suggest a role for an apically located Duox-based NADPH oxidase during intracellular H(+) production and H(+) secretion, but not in H(+) conduction...
- Protection by polaprezinc against radiation-induced apoptosis in rat jejunal crypt cellsMutsumi Matsuu-Matsuyama
Division of Tumor and Diagnostic Pathology, Atomic Bomb Disease Institute, Nagasaki University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, 1 12 4 Sakamoro, Nagasaki, Japan
J Radiat Res 49:341-7. 2008..Polaprezinc treatment resulted in decreases of p53 accumulation, p21(WAF1/CIP1) and Bax expression after irradiation. Polaprezinc has a protective effect against ionizing radiation induced apoptosis in rat jejunal crypt cells...
- On the generation of free radical species from quantum dotsBinil Itty Ipe
Biologisch Chemische Mikrostrukturtechnik, Fachbereich Chemie, Universitat Dortmund, Otto Hahn Str 6, 44227, Dortmund, Germany
Small 1:706-9. 2005
- Cell-penetrating quantum dots based on multivalent and endosome-disrupting surface coatingsHongwei Duan
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Am Chem Soc 129:3333-8. 2007..These insights are important toward the design and development of nanoparticle agents for intracellular imaging and therapeutic applications...
- Zinc differentially acts on components of long-term potentiation at hippocampal CA1 synapsesAtsushi Takeda
Department of Medical Biochemistry, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Shizuoka, Global COE, 52 1 Yada, Suruga ku, Shizuoka 422 8526, Japan
Brain Res 1323:59-64. 2010..The present study suggests that zinc differentially acts on CA1 LTP components...
- Reactive oxygen species-quenching and anti-apoptotic effect of polaprezinc on indomethacin-induced small intestinal epithelial cell injuryTatsushi Omatsu
Department of Molecular Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, 465 Kajii cho, Kamigyo ku, Kyoto, 602 8566, Japan
J Gastroenterol 45:692-702. 2010..In addition, the protective role of PZ and the possible mechanism of its effect on indomethacin-induced small intestinal injury were investigated...
- Differential effects of zinc influx via AMPA/kainate receptor activation on subsequent induction of hippocampal CA1 LTP componentsAtsushi Takeda
Department of Medical Biochemistry, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Shizuoka, Global COE 21, 52 1 Yada, Suruga ku, Shizuoka 422 8526, Japan
Brain Res 1354:188-95. 2010..Zinc influx via AMPA/kainate receptor activation may differentially act on subsequent induction of CA1 LTP components...
- CdSe/ZnS quantum dots-G-quadruplex/hemin hybrids as optical DNA sensors and aptasensorsEtery Sharon
Institute of Chemistry, The Center for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem 91904, Israel
Anal Chem 82:7073-7. 2010..This phenomenon is implemented to develop DNA sensors or aptasensors by tailoring hairpin-functionalized QDs that generate the hemin/G-quadruplex quenchers upon sensing of the respective analytes...
- Zinc phosphate as versatile material for potential biomedical applications Part IIL Herschke
Max Planck Institute for Polymer Research, Ackermannweg 10, D 55128, Mainz, Germany
J Mater Sci Mater Med 17:95-104. 2006..In-situ monitoring of the transformation of Brushite in Hydroxyapatite is also reported...
- microPET-based biodistribution of quantum dots in living miceMeike L Schipper
Departments of Radiology and Bioengineering, Bio X Program, Molecular Imaging Program at Stanford MIPS, Stanford University, East 150 Clark Center, Palo Alto, CA 94305, USA
J Nucl Med 48:1511-8. 2007..This study evaluates the quantitative biodistribution of commercially available CdSe quantum dots (QD) in mice...
- Acid secretion and proton conductance in human airway epitheliumHorst Fischer
Children s Hospital Oakland Research Institute, 5700 Martin Luther King Jr Way, Oakland, CA 94609, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 282:C736-43. 2002..2 +/- 3.8 pS/pF (at 0 mV and a pH 5.3-to-pH 7.3 gradient). We suggest that inflammatory processes activate proton secretion by the airway epithelium and acidify the airway surface liquid...
- Solubilization of insoluble zinc compounds by Gluconacetobacter diazotrophicus and the detrimental action of zinc ion (Zn2+) and zinc chelates on root knot nematode Meloidogyne incognitaV S Saravanan
School of Bio Engineering and Bio Sciences, Vellore Institute of Technology VIT, Vellore, Tamil Nadu, India
Lett Appl Microbiol 44:235-41. 2007..To examine the zinc (Zn) solubilization potential and nematicidal properties of Gluconacetobacter diazotrophicus...
- On the origin of life in the zinc world. 2. Validation of the hypothesis on the photosynthesizing zinc sulfide edifices as cradles of life on EarthArmen Y Mulkidjanian
School of Physics, Universitat Osnabruck, D 49069 Osnabruck, Germany
Biol Direct 4:27. 2009..The hypothesis suggests that life emerged within compartmentalized, photosynthesizing ZnS formations of hydrothermal origin (the Zn world), assembled in sub-aerial settings on the surface of the primeval Earth...
- Fluorescence enhancement effect of morin-nucleic acid-L-cysteine-capped nano-ZnS system and the determination of nucleic acidLiangliang Zhao
A Key Laboratory of Colloid and Interface Chemistry, Ministry of Education, School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Shandong University, Jinan, 250100, Shandong, PR China
Analyst 133:896-902. 2008....
- Continuous distribution of emission states from single CdSe/ZnS quantum dotsKai Zhang
Department of Chemistry, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
Nano Lett 6:843-7. 2006..These results were consistent with the model that charged quantum dots were also emissive, and that time-dependent charge migration gave rise to the observed photoluminescence dynamics...
- On the origin of life in the zinc world: 1. Photosynthesizing, porous edifices built of hydrothermally precipitated zinc sulfide as cradles of life on EarthArmen Y Mulkidjanian
School of Physics, Universitat Osnabruck, D 49069 Osnabruck, Germany
Biol Direct 4:26. 2009..Their number, however, can be dramatically reduced by the simultaneous consideration of various bioenergetic, physical, and geological constraints...
- The European Union risk assessment on zinc and zinc compounds: the process and the factsCharles W M Bodar
National Institute for Public Health and the Environment RIVM, Expert Centre for Substances SEC, The Netherlands
Integr Environ Assess Manag 1:301-19. 2005..process of drawing conclusions of the risk assessment are outlined: potential environmental risks of zinc and zinc compounds may occur at local and regional scales in surfacewater, sediment, and soil...
- Proton secretion in freshly excised sinonasal mucosa from asthma and sinusitis patientsDo Yeon Cho
Division of Rhinology, Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California, USA
Am J Rhinol Allergy 23:e10-3. 2009..The objective of this study was to determine H+ secretion in asthmatic and nonasthmatic patients with chronic rhinosinusitis (CRS) in freshly excised human sinonasal tissue...
- Inhibitory effect of polaprezinc on the inflammatory response to Helicobacter pyloriOsamu Handa
Department of Intrernal Medicine, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Can J Gastroenterol 16:785-9. 2002..These results suggest that polaprezinc, mainly the zinc component, may inhibit H pylori-induced PMN-mediated gastric inflammation by attenuating CD11b/CD18 expression on PMN and IL-8 production from gastric epithelial cells...
- Enhanced fluorescence intermittency of CdSe-ZnS quantum-dot clustersMing Yu
Department of Chemistry, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado 80523, USA
Phys Rev Lett 97:237402. 2006..The nature of this coupling is not known, though electrons trapped from QDs when they blink off may play a role by altering the electronic environment of neighboring QDs and enhancing their fluorescence properties...
- Rotational and translational diffusion of peptide-coated CdSe/CdS/ZnS nanorods studied by fluorescence correlation spectroscopyJames M Tsay
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Am Chem Soc 128:1639-47. 2006..Monitoring rotational diffusion of bioconjugated NRs using FCS might prove to be useful for observing binding and conformational dynamics in biological systems...
- Quantum dot photon statistics measured by three-dimensional particle trackingKevin McHale
Physical Measurement and Control 266 33, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California 91125, USA
Nano Lett 7:3535-9. 2007..In addition, we show that 2-mercaptoethanol suppresses short time-scale intermittency (1 ms to 1 s) in quantum dot fluorescence by reducing time spent in the off-state...
- Regulation of human eosinophil NADPH oxidase activity: a central role for PKCdeltaJ L Bankers-Fulbright
Allergic Diseases Research Laboratory, Department of Immunology, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Cell Physiol 189:306-15. 2001..Our results indicate that the G-protein-coupled LTB4 receptor and the IL-5 cytokine receptor converge on a common signaling pathway involving PI 3-kinase and PKCdelta to regulate NADPH oxidase activity in human eosinophils...
- Luminescent quantum dots fluorescence resonance energy transfer-based probes for enzymatic activity and enzyme inhibitorsLifang Shi
Department of Chemistry and the Advanced Material Research Institute, University of New Orleans, New Orleans, Louisiana 70148, USA
Anal Chem 79:208-14. 2007..The quantum dot FRET-based probes were used to monitor the enzymatic activity of trypsin and to screen trypsin inhibitors for their inhibition efficiency...
- Characterization of quantum dots using capillary zone electrophoresisMark Pereira
Department of Chemistry, Ottawa Carleton Chemistry Institute, Carleton University, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Electrophoresis 28:2874-81. 2007..This preliminary knowledge will serve as a basis for new CE immunoassay studies of QD-biomolecule conjugates and their immunocomplexes with target analytes...
- Nanocrystal-based luminescent composites for nanoimprinting lithographyMichela Tamborra
Chemistry Department, University of Bari, Bari, Italy
Small 3:822-8. 2007
- Substrate- and time-dependent photoluminescence of quantum dots inside the ultrathin polymer LbL filmDmitry Zimnitsky
School of Materials Science and Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia 30332, USA
Langmuir 23:4509-15. 2007....
- A feasible and quantitative encoding method for microbeads with multicolor quantum dotsHai Qiao Wang
Key Laboratory of Biomedical Photonics of Ministry of Education Hubei Bioinformatics and Molecular Imaging Key Laboratory, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, Hubei, 430074 PR China
J Fluoresc 17:133-8. 2007..It suggests that the encoded beads from this method have the practicability in biological applications and chemical analysis...
- Probing biocatalytic transformations with CdSe-ZnS QDsRon Gill
Institute of Chemistry and the Center for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem 91904, Israel
J Am Chem Soc 128:15376-7. 2006..The luminescence of QDs modified by the enzyme-generated quinone units is quenched. The quinone-functionalized peptide associated with the QDs was cleaved by thrombin, a process that restored the luminescence of the QDs...
- Binding of muscimol-conjugated quantum dots to GABAC receptorsHélène A Gussin
Lions of Illinois Eye Research Institute, Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, and Center for Cognitive Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Am Chem Soc 128:15701-13. 2006....
- Labeling and intracellular tracking of functionally active plasmid DNA with semiconductor quantum dotsCharudharshini Srinivasan
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Connecticut, 69 North Eagleville Road, Unit 3092, Storrs, 06269, USA
Mol Ther 14:192-201. 2006..62%, which was comparable to the control (unconjugated) plasmid DNA...
- Fluorescent nanocrystals as colloidal probes in complex fluids measured by fluorescence correlation spectroscopyTim Liedl
LMU Munchen, Department für Physik, Amalienstrasse 54, 80799 Munchen, Germany
Small 1:997-1003. 2005..The decreasing diffusion coefficient of the nanocrystals with increasing actin concentration results in an intrinsic polymer viscosity of 0.12+/-0.02 ml mg(-1), in accordance with literature values...
- Highly luminescent Cd1-xZnxSe/ZnS core/shell nanocrystals emitting in the blue-green spectral rangeMyriam Protière
DSM DRFMC SPrAM UMR 5819 CEA CNRS Université Joseph Fourier 1 LEMOH, CEA Grenoble, 17 rue des Martyrs, 38054 Grenoble Cedex 9, France
Small 3:399-403. 2007
- Surface-plasmon-coupled emission of quantum dotsIgnacy Gryczynski
Center for Fluorescence Spectroscopy, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
J Phys Chem B 109:1088-93. 2005....
- Metallothioneins initiate semiconducting nanoparticle cellular toxicityBaikuntha P Aryal
Department of Chemistry, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Small 2:1159-63. 2006
- Growth of semiconducting nanocrystals of CdS and ZnSRanjani Viswanatha
Solid State and Structural Chemistry Unit, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore 560012, India
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 7:1726-9. 2007..Further, the self-focusing of the size distribution can be observed and is more pronounced at higher temperatures reducing its relative width from 25% to 10%...
- Simple and accurate quantification of quantum dots via single-particle countingChun Yang Zhang
Department of Chemistry, York College and The Graduate Center, The City University of New York, Jamaica, New York 11451, USA
J Am Chem Soc 130:3750-1. 2008....
- Minimizing nonspecific cellular binding of quantum dots with hydroxyl-derivatized surface coatingsBrad A Kairdolf
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Emory University, 101 Woodruff Circle, Suite 2001, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Anal Chem 80:3029-34. 2008....
- Multidentate surface ligand exchange for the immobilization of CdSe/ZnS quantum dots and surface quantum dot-oligonucleotide conjugatesW Russ Algar
Department of Chemical and Physical Sciences, University of Toronto, Mississauga ON L5L 1C6, Canada
Langmuir 24:5514-20. 2008..This versatile immobilization chemistry is an important step in the development of surface-based QD nanosensors. Such technology requires QDs to be immobilized such that they remain accessible to target molecules in solution...
- Stability and fluorescence quantum yield of CdSe-ZnS quantum dots--influence of the thickness of the ZnS shellMarkus Grabolle
Federal Institute for Materials Research and Testing, Department I 5, Richard Willstaetter Str 11, 12489 Berlin, Germany
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1130:235-41. 2008..The quantum yield increases from less than 5% for unshelled CdSe up to 50%, with an increase in ZnS shell thickness up to 0.6-0.8 nm. At the same time, the particles become significantly more stable, as revealed by the shell test...
- Conformation, thermodynamics and stoichiometry of HSA adsorbed to colloidal CdSe/ZnS quantum dotsQi Xiao
State Key Laboratory of Virology, College of Chemistry and Molecular Sciences, Wuhan University, Wuhan 430072, PR China
Biochim Biophys Acta 1784:1020-7. 2008..The results suggested that HSA underwent substantial conformational changes at both secondary and tertiary structure levels. The stoichiometry of HSA attached to QDs was obtained by dynamic light scattering (DLS) and zeta-potential...
- Synthesis of carbohydrate-conjugated nanoparticles and quantum dotsChristopher Earhart
Institute of Bioengineering and Nanotechnology, 31 Biopolis Way, The Nanos, Singapore 138669, Singapore
Langmuir 24:6215-9. 2008..Silica-coated nanoparticles of Ag, Fe3O4, and ZnS-CdSe were synthesized and functionalized with dextran. The resulting 10-40-nm-sized particles were robust, water-soluble, colloidally stable, and biochemically active...
- Examination of the stability of hydrophobic (CdSe)ZnS quantum dots in the digestive tract of ratsVitalijus Karabanovas
Vilnius University Laser Research Center, Sauletekio 9 c3, LT 10222, Vilnius, Lithuania
Photochem Photobiol Sci 7:725-9. 2008..Quantum dots mixed with fat were more stable and degraded more slowly than quantum dots sonificated in water. The data obtained suggest possible toxicity of (CdSe)ZnS quantum dots due to the liberation of Cd(2+)...
- Creating optical anisotropy of CdSe/ZnS quantum dots by coupling to surface plasmon polariton resonance of a metal gratingH K Fu
Department of Physics, National Taiwan University, Taipei 106, Taiwan, Republic of China
Opt Express 16:6361-7. 2008..Due to the importance of quantum dots in optoelectronic devices, our new approach should be useful for future application...
- Three-photon absorption in semiconductor quantum dots: experimentXiaobo Feng
Department of Physics, National University of Singapore, 2 Science Drive 3, Singapore
Opt Express 16:6999-7005. 2008..The discrepancy is also found for smaller QDs (dot-radius is less than one-third of the exciton Bohr radius), which is attributed to neglecting the mixing among the three valence bands in the theory...
- Fluorescent II-VI semiconductor quantum dots in living cells: nonlinear microspectroscopy in an optical tweezers systemPatricia M A Farias
Departamento de Biofisica e Radiobiologia, UFPE, Recife, PE, Brazil, Departamento de Ciencias Farmaceuticas, UFPE, Recife, PE, Brazil
J Phys Chem B 112:2734-7. 2008....
- Optical detection of glucose and acetylcholine esterase inhibitors by H2O2-sensitive CdSe/ZnS quantum dotsRon Gill
Institute of Chemistry and Center for Nanoscience, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem 91904, Israel
Angew Chem Int Ed Engl 47:1676-9. 2008
- Effect of ligand density on the spectral, physical, and biological characteristics of CdSe/ZnS quantum dotsSamuel J Clarke
Department of Biomedical Engineering, McGill University, Montreal, QC Canada H3A 2B4
Bioconjug Chem 19:562-8. 2008..These results will enable users to develop methods for screening QD conjugates for biological activity before proceeding to experiments with cell lines and animals...
- Synthesis of ZnSe quantum dots and ZnSe-ZnS core/shell nanostructuresMoazzam Ali
Solid State and Structural Chemistry Unit, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore 560012, India
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 7:1960-4. 2007..We also synthesized the reverse type core/shell ZnS/ZnSe nanocrystals. These exhibited a significant red shift in the absorption edge after coating with a thin ZnSe shell...
- A highly luminescent ZnS/CdSe/ZnS nanocrystals-tetrapeptide biolabeling agentYang Li
The Manchester Materials Science Centre, The University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester, M13 9PL, UK
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 7:2301-8. 2007..The labeling of cells was demonstrated by confocal microscopy. Hybrid bio-inorganic nanoconjugates are potentially powerful fluorescent tracking tools in biological systems...
- Hybrid white-light emitting-LED based on luminescent polyfluorene polymer and quantum dotsCheng Hsuan Chou
Phosphors Research Laboratory, Department of Applied Chemistry and UST CNST, National Chiao Tung University, Hsinchu 30050, Taiwan
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 7:2785-9. 2007..The EL spectra at different driving voltages, I-V characteristics, and EL chromaticity of the LEDs based on PF1/QD and PFO/QD LEDs have been measured, investigated, and compared, respectively...
- Use of CdSe/ZnS luminescent quantum dots incorporated within sol-gel matrix for urea detectionHong Dinh Duong
School of Applied Chemical Engineering, Research Center for Biophotonics, Chonnam National University, Yong Bong dong 300, 500 757 Gwangju, Republic of Korea
Anal Chim Acta 626:53-61. 2008..The good stability of the three sol-gel membranes for urea sensing over 2 months showed that the use of sol-gel membranes immobilized with QDs or an enzyme is suitable for biomedical and environmental applications...
- Multi-color encoding of polystyrene microbeads with CdSe/ZnS quantum dots and its application in immunoassayHai Qiao Wang
Key Laboratory of Biomedical Photonics of Ministry of Education Wuhan National Laboratory for Optoelectronics, College of Life Science and Technology, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, Hubei, PR China
J Colloid Interface Sci 316:622-7. 2007..The result indicates that the encoded beads can detect the antibody signal effectively. And the effective detection range of the antibody is about 2-15 microM...
- Preparation and characterization of thiacalixarene coated water-soluble CdSe/ZnS quantum dots as a fluorescent probe for Cu2+ ionsTakashi Jin
Research Institute for Electronic Science, Hokkaido University, Sapporo 060 0812, Japan
Comb Chem High Throughput Screen 10:473-9. 2007..A possible quenching mechanism by Cu2+ ions was also discussed on the basis of a Langmuir-type adsorption isotherm...
- Dual sensing of oxygen and temperature using quantum dots and a ruthenium complexP A S Jorge
Unidade de Optoelectrónica e Sistemas Electrónicos, INESC Porto, Rua do Campo Alegre, 687, 4169 007 Porto, Portugal
Anal Chim Acta 606:223-9. 2008..In particular, it was shown that a 10% error in the measured oxygen concentration, induced by a change in the sample temperature, could be compensated using the nanocrystals temperature information and a correction function...
- Flow cytometric analysis to detect pathogens in bacterial cell mixtures using semiconductor quantum dotsMegan A Hahn
Department of Chemistry, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York 14627, USA
Anal Chem 80:864-72. 2008....
- Quantum dot fluorescence as a function of alkyl chain length in aqueous environmentsAmy Szuchmacher Blum
Naval Research Laboratory, 4555 Overlook Avenue SW, Washington, D C 20375, USA
Langmuir 24:9194-7. 2008..Our results show that the quantum yield of CdSe/ZnS quantum dots is highest for the longest alkyl chain length, suggesting that a more hydrophobic environment is beneficial for generating bright, water-soluble quantum dots...
- Semiconductor quantum dots and metal nanoparticles: syntheses, optical properties, and biological applicationsVasudevanpillai Biju
Nano Bioanalysis Team, Health Technology Research Center, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology AIST, 2217 14 Hayashi Cho, Takamatsu, Kagawa, 761 0395, Japan
Anal Bioanal Chem 391:2469-95. 2008..Other aspects of the review are in vivo deep tissue imaging, multiphoton excitation, NIR fluorescence and SERS imaging, and toxic effects of NPs and their clearance from the body...
- In-situ encapsulation of quantum dots into polymer microspheresWenchao Sheng
Department of Chemistry, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139 4307, USA
Langmuir 22:3782-90. 2006....
- Bionanofabrication of metallic and semiconductor nanoparticle arrays using S-layer protein lattices with different lateral spacings and geometriesSonny S Mark
Department of Microbiology, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
Langmuir 22:3763-74. 2006..These results demonstrate that it is possible to exploit the physicochemical/structural diversity of prokaryotic S-layer scaffolds to vary the morphological patterning of nanoscale metallic and semiconductor NP arrays...
- Intracellular uptake of CdSe-ZnS/polystyrene nanobeadsYong Zhang
Division of Bioengineering, Faculty of Engineering, National University of Singapore, Singapore 117576
J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater 76:161-8. 2006..The longevity of QDs allows the intracellular delivery of the nanobeads to be tracked over a certain time period...
- The inhibition of osteogenesis with human bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells by CdSe/ZnS quantum dot labelsShu Chen Hsieh
Institute of Biomedical Engineering, National Yang Ming University, Taipei 112, Taiwan
Biomaterials 27:1656-64. 2006..Together our results show that the presence of QDs in hBMSCs prevents the full response of the cells to induced osteogenic differentiation...
- Water-soluble quantum dots for multiphoton fluorescence imaging in vivoDaniel R Larson
School of Applied and Engineering Physics, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Science 300:1434-6. 2003..We visualized quantum dots dynamically through the skin of living mice, in capillaries hundreds of micrometers deep. We found no evidence of blinking (fluorescence intermittency) in solution on nanosecond to millisecond time scales...
- Near-complete suppression of quantum dot blinking in ambient conditionsSungchul Hohng
Physics Department, University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign, Urbana, Illinois 61801, USA
J Am Chem Soc 126:1324-5. 2004..Blinking can also reduce the brightness in ensemble imaging via signal saturation. Here we show that the quantum dot blinking can be suppressed with the emission duty cycle approaching 100% while maintaining biocompatibility...
- Semiconductor quantum dots as biological imaging agentsMark Green
Department of Physics, King s College London, The Strand, London WC2R 2LS, UK
Angew Chem Int Ed Engl 43:4129-31. 2004
- Stability and quantum yield effects of small molecule additives on solutions of semiconductor nanoparticlesJoseph A Gaunt
Department of Chemistry, University of York, Heslington, York YO10 5DD, UK
J Colloid Interface Sci 290:437-43. 2005..Antioxidant was shown to be effective at reducing the rate of photooxidative degradation for all particles in chloroform but not in toluene...
- Preparation and characterization of overcoated II-VI quantum dotsHai Yan Xie
College of Chemistry and Molecular Sciences, Wuhan University, Wuhan 430072, P R China
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 5:880-6. 2005..They are likely to be used further for biological labels...
- Synthesis and photoluminescence study of molecularly imprinted polymers appended onto CdSe/ZnS core-shellsChin I Lin
Union Chemical Laboratories, Department of Polymer Technology, Industrial Technology Research Institute, 321 Kuang Fu Road, Section 2, Hsinchu 300, Taiwan, ROC
Biosens Bioelectron 20:127-31. 2004..The intensity of photoluminescence emission is detected upon analyte binding...
- Quantum dots as efficient energy acceptors in a time-resolved fluoroimmunoassayNiko Hildebrandt
Physikalische Chemie, Institut für Chemie und Interdisziplinäres Zentrum für Photonik, Universitat Potsdam, Karl Liebknecht Strasse 24 25, 14476 Potsdam Golm, Germany
Angew Chem Int Ed Engl 44:7612-5. 2005
- Synthesis of compact multidentate ligands to prepare stable hydrophilic quantum dot fluorophoresH Tetsuo Uyeda
US Naval Research Laboratory, Division of Optical Sciences, Center for Bio Molecular Science and Engineering, Washington, DC 20375, USA
J Am Chem Soc 127:3870-8. 2005..These ligands provide a straightforward means of preparing QDs that exhibit greater resistance to environmental changes, making them more amenable for use in live cell imaging and other biotechnological applications...
- [A new fluorescent marker for in vivo imaging]Benoit Dubertret
Med Sci (Paris) 19:532-4. 2003
- Quantum-dot-based cell motility assayWeiwei Gu
Department of Anatomy, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Sci STKE 2005:pl5. 2005....
- The internalized CdSe/ZnS quantum dots impair the chondrogenesis of bone marrow mesenchymal stem cellsShu Chen Hsieh
Institute of Biomedical Engineering, National Yang Ming University, Shih Pai, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater 79:95-101. 2006..Our results that the presence of QDs interferes with the chondrogenic differentiation of MSCs raise concerns in using the QDs as fluorescence tracers for stem cells...
- Synthesis of quantum dot-tagged submicrometer polystyrene particles by miniemulsion polymerizationNancy Joumaa
UMR 2714 CNRS bioMérieux Systèmes Macromoléculaires et Physiopathologie Humaine ENS Lyon 46, allée d Italie 69364 Lyon Cedex 07, France
Langmuir 22:1810-6. 2006..QD-tagged particles displayed higher fluorescence intensity with TOPO-coated QDs compared to those with the vinyl moiety. The obtained fluorescent particles open up new opportunities for a variety of applications in biotechnology...
- Enhancing the photoluminescence of peptide-coated nanocrystals with shell composition and UV irradiationJames M Tsay
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, and Department of Physiology, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Phys Chem B 109:1669-74. 2005....
- Layer-by-layer growth of CdSe-based nanocrystal light-emitting diodesJ Lee
Nanomaterials Optoelectronics Laboratory, University of Connecticut, Storrs, Connecticut 06269, USA
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 1:59-64. 2001..Using this technique, high-quality luminescent films of these nanocrystals can be built with well-defined thicknesses. Electroluminescent devices have been fabricated using this methodology...
- A Raman study of CdSe and ZnSe nanostructuresPallavi V Teredesai
Department of Physics, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore 560 012, India
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 2:495-8. 2002..The mode at 237 cm-1 is the surface phonon...
- A facile method for coding and labeling assays on polystyrene beads with differently colored luminescent nanocrystalsJ Riegler
Freiburg Materials Research Center FMF, Stefan Meier Strasse 21, 79104, Freiburg, Germany
Anal Bioanal Chem 384:645-50. 2006..The beads were subsequently used on a model streptavidin-biotin binding system in order to demonstrate the applicability of the technique to enzyme-linked assays and multiplexing applications...
- Zinc bioavailability is improved by the micronised dispersion of zinc oxide with the addition of L-histidine in zinc-deficient ratsKengo Ishihara
Department of Human Nutrition, School of Life Studies, Sugiyama Jogakuen University, Nagoya, Japan
J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo) 54:54-60. 2008..Water-soluble zinc compounds, such as zinc sulfate or zinc citrate, are better absorbed but have an unacceptable taste...
- Zinc absorption from zinc oxide, zinc sulfate, zinc oxide + EDTA, or sodium-zinc EDTA does not differ when added as fortificants to maize tortillasChristine Hotz
Centro de Investigación en Nutrición y Salud, Instituto Nacional de Salud Publica, Cuernavaca, Morelos, Mexico
J Nutr 135:1102-5. 2005..However, little is known about the relative bioavailability of different zinc compounds that may be used in food fortification...
- Zinc lozenges as cure for the common cold--a review and hypothesisGeorge A Eby
Director of Research, George Eby Research Institute, 14909 C Fitzhugh Road, Austin, TX 78736, USA
Med Hypotheses 74:482-92. 2010..between trials, with zinc acetate (ZA) releasing 100% iZn, zinc gluconate (ZG) releasing 72% iZn and other zinc compounds releasing much less or none at physiologic pH 7.4...
- ZincD G Barceloux
J Toxicol Clin Toxicol 37:279-92. 1999..The ingestion of 1-2 g zinc sulfate produces emesis. Zinc compounds can produce irritation and corrosion of the gastrointestinal tract, along with acute renal tubular necrosis ..
- Comparison of measured dermal dust exposures with predicted exposures given by the EASE expert systemGraeme W Hughson
Institute of Occupational Medicine, Research Park North, Riccarton, Edinburgh EH14 4AP, UK
Ann Occup Hyg 49:111-23. 2005..were obtained from subjects in seven different workplaces that were producing or working with zinc metal or zinc compounds. The work activities were grouped a priori into one of three categories used by EASE for dermal exposure ..
- Toxicity of ZnO and CuO nanoparticles to ciliated protozoa Tetrahymena thermophilaMonika Mortimer
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, National Institute of Chemical Physics and Biophysics, Akadeemia tee 23, 12618 Tallinn, Estonia
Toxicology 269:182-9. 2010..toxic effects of the copper compounds were not dependent on exposure time (4 and 24h), whereas the toxicity of zinc compounds was about 1.5 times lower after 24h of exposure than after 4h, probably due to adaptation...
- Zinc requirements and the risks and benefits of zinc supplementationWolfgang Maret
Department of Preventive Medicine and Community Health, Division of Human Nutrition, University of Texas Medical Branch, 700 Harborside Drive, Galveston, TX 77555, USA
J Trace Elem Med Biol 20:3-18. 2006..health, where additional zinc might be efficacious to prevent certain conditions, point at the pharmacology of zinc compounds as a promising area...
- The influence of zinc on caspase-3 and DNA breakdown in cultured human retinal pigment epithelial cellsJ P Wood
The Nuffield Laboratory of Ophthalmology, University of Oxford, Walton Street Oxford, OX2 6AW, England
Arch Ophthalmol 119:81-8. 2001..To investigate the role of extracellular zinc on the death process of cultured human retinal pigment epithelial (RPE) cells...
- Role of mast cells in gastrointestinal mucosal defenseAlicia B Penissi
Instituto de Histología y Embriología Dr Mario H Burgos IHEM CONICET, Facultad de Ciencias Medicas, Universidad Nacional de Cuyo, Casilla de Correo 56, 5500 Mendoza, Argentina
Biocell 27:163-72. 2003..These include zinc compounds, sodium cromoglycate, FPL 52694, ketotifen, aloe vera, certain flavonoids such as quercetin, some sulfated ..
- A novel zinc compound (zinc monocysteine) enhances the antioxidant capacity of human retinal pigment epithelial cellsDavid J Tate
Core Labs, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112, USA
Curr Eye Res 31:675-83. 2006..The aim of this study was to document the effect of a novel zinc amino acid combination on the concentrations of important antioxidants in cultured human retinal pigment epithelial (hRPE) cells...
- Attachment of Oral Actinobacillus to EpitheliumDaniel Fine; Fiscal Year: 2008..The longterm goal of this application is to use this information to identify targets for therapeutic agents that can interfere with attachment of Aa to oral tissues and thus prevent colonization leading to LAP. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Synthesis of Macrolides, Steroids, Cyclopentanoids, etc.BARRY TROST; Fiscal Year: 2009..These new synthetic methods apply to many structural types beyond those illustrated and constitutes a significant to gain access to complex molecular targets more easily. ..
- Oral Immunology/Microbiology Research Group Annual MtgDaniel Fine; Fiscal Year: 2003..Perpetuation of the OIMRG and its annual meetings greatly enhances the spirit of collegial interaction/collaboration among investigators with expertise in immunology and microbial pathogenesis as related to oral health and disease. ..
- Microbial Markers for Periodontal Disease in ChildrenDaniel Fine; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Oral Immunology/Microbiology Annual MeetingDaniel Fine; Fiscal Year: 2003..Perpetuation of the OIMRG and its annual meetings greatly enhances the spirit of collegial interaction/collaboration among investigators with expertise in immunology and microbial pathogenesis as related to oral health and disease. ..
- Biomaterials (Mg/Zn/F-BCPs)for osteoporosis therapyRacquel LeGeros; Fiscal Year: 2006..Hypothesis: Biomaterials with Zn, Mg and F ions in a calcium phosphate matrix (used as dietary supplement and ion releasing injectible 'implants') will improve bone health. ..
- Anesthetic Effects on Thalamic Synaptic TransmissionPETER GOLDSTEIN; Fiscal Year: 2008..By better understanding how anesthetic agents interact with specific subunits of the GABA-A receptor in different regions of the brain, it may be possible to design more selective, and therefore safer, anesthetics. ..
- VOLTAGE-GATED PROTON CHANNELS IN HUMAN NEUTROPHILSTHOMAS DECOURSEY; Fiscal Year: 2008..5) We will identify the proton channel molecule and gene. ..
- MECHANISTIC STUDIES ON NEW PLATINUM CLINICAL AGENTSNicholas Farrell; Fiscal Year: 2007..The drugs will be used in combination with targetted drugs to provide better treatment regimens for cancer patients. ..
- Immunization to Reduce Genital and Neonatal HerpesNigel Bourne; Fiscal Year: 2009..These study designs may become standard for preclinical evaluation of HSV vaccines. ..
- Fluorescence Zinc BioSensing and Imaging TechnologyRICHARD BLAIR THOMPSON; Fiscal Year: 2010..This novel technology will provide the basis for new diagnostics and treatments. ..
- Improvement of X-ray Imaging Storage by NanofabricationWei Chen; Fiscal Year: 2002..This capability will be useful in medical applications, testing, industrial inspection, security systems, and other applications involving X-ray systems. ..
- QUANTITATIVE IMAGING OF ZINC METABOLISM IN THE BRAINRichard Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- QUANTITATIVE IMAGING OF ZINC METABOLISM IN THE BRAINRichard Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- VOLTAGE-GATED PROTON CHANNELS IN ALVEOLAR EPITHELIUMTHOMAS DECOURSEY; Fiscal Year: 2003..Demonstration that H+ current fluctuations result from stochastic gating of H+ channels will provide strong evidence that the molecule is an ion channel rather than a carrier. ..
- Guided Pocket Recolonization (GPR) in PeriodontitisMarc Quirynen; Fiscal Year: 2004..Clinical data will be collected after 2, 4, 6, 8 and 12 weeks. The results should indicate the possible role for commensal organisms in periodontal disease and subgingival biofilm formation. ..
- Metals in Medicine Gordon Research ConferenceNicholas Farrell; Fiscal Year: 2004..The modest sum requested to support the MIMGRC will enable the organizers to invite and attract participants in a topic that has impact on a wide cross-section of health sciences. ..
- Nanoparticles for in vivo Oxygen Measurement in TumorsWei Chen; Fiscal Year: 2005..The combinations of these two techniques and the advantages of nanoparticle probes will enable the development a new oxygen sensor that can provide more accurate and more sensitive measurement of oxygen and oxygen-map imaging in vivo. ..
- Radio-Immunotherapy (RIT) Planning Using SPECTLAWRENCE ZENG; Fiscal Year: 2004..Novel image reconstruction algorithms will be developed to provided quantitative SPECT images. Our hypothesis will be verified through human observer studies and Channelized Hotelling observer studies. ..
- Mechanism of PTK Substrate Recognition and SpecificityGongqin Sun; Fiscal Year: 2008..This work will not only reveal detailed information as to how Csk recognizes Src, but may also provide the basis for a general model of PTK substrate specificity and a new paradigm for PTK inhibitor design. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Morpholino Antisense Drugs for Hepatitis C VirusNigel Bourne; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposed research, if successful, would lead to a application for Phase II funding to bring the use of PMOs into the HCV drug market and provide a well-tolerated, inexpensive alternative to current HCV treatments. ..
- A Nanocrystal Biosensor for Detection of Multiple TBI Neurochemical BiomarkersYongcheng Liu; Fiscal Year: 2007..In comparison to existing technologies such as ELISA, this new technology will be more sensitive, reliable, specific, accurate, portable, robust, inexpensive and rapider to assess TBI. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Colloidal Quantum Dot/Well Near-Infrared NanoLabelsYongcheng Liu; Fiscal Year: 2006..3). produce CdS/CdSe/CdTe or CdS/CdTe/CdSe quantum well type-ll nanocrystals by SILAR and develop standard procedures. 4). develop dendron-nanocrystals and box-nanocrystals by chemical modification of these nanocrystals. ..
- Regulation of Celluar Zinc DistributionWolfgang Maret; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- NOX-mediated proton secretion by airwaysHorst Fischer; Fiscal Year: 2006..This will help develop novel therapeutical targets for the treatment of airway acidity and inflammatory airway diseases. ..
- Image Reconstruction with Solid Srate SPECRLAWRENCE ZENG; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Scintillation Luminescence System for In-Vivo DosimetryWei Chen; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Breast Cancer Imaging Using a Solid-State SPECT CameraG Zeng; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Dual Oxidase in Lung EpitheliumHORST B FISCHER; Fiscal Year: 2011..This research investigates a novel area of lung anti-microbial defense and will provide new information that may lead to therapeutic application. ..
- Activated Sugars for Drug DiscoveryRyan Woodyer; Fiscal Year: 2006..These sugars can be used to make derivatives of natural products with new therapeutic properties, for example, antibiotics that are effective against antibiotic-resistant bacteria. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..