Genomes and Genes
Summary: A glutamate antagonist (RECEPTORS, GLUTAMATE) used as an anticonvulsant (ANTICONVULSANTS) and to prolong the survival of patients with AMYOTROPHIC LATERAL SCLEROSIS.
Publications240 found, 100 shown here
- Riluzole for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)/motor neuron disease (MND)R G Miller
Department of Neurology, California Pacific Medical Center, San Francisco, USA
Amyotroph Lateral Scler Other Motor Neuron Disord 4:191-206. 2003b>Riluzole 100 mg probably prolongs survival in patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis by about two months and the safety of the drug is not a major concern...
- Glial pathology in an animal model of depression: reversal of stress-induced cellular, metabolic and behavioral deficits by the glutamate-modulating drug riluzoleM Banasr
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06437, USA
Mol Psychiatry 15:501-11. 2010..Furthermore, we analyzed the effects of riluzole, a Food and Drug Administration-approved drug for the treatment of amyotrophic laterosclerosis, known to modulate ..
- A phase 0 trial of riluzole in patients with resectable stage III and IV melanomaDana Yip
Division of Surgical Oncology, Department of Surgery, UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, USA
Clin Cancer Res 15:3896-902. 2009..Furthermore, a xenograft model of melanoma treated with riluzole, an oral GRM1 blocking agent, showed decreased tumor growth compared with the untreated controls...
- Riluzole treatment, survival and diagnostic criteria in Parkinson plus disorders: the NNIPPS studyGilbert Bensimon
Departement de Pharmacologie Clinique, Hopital de la Pitie Salpetriere, Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris and UPMC University Paris 06, UMR 7087, Paris, France
Brain 132:156-71. 2009..We designed a double-blind randomized placebo-controlled trial of riluzole as a potential disease-modifying agent in Parkinson plus disorders (NNIPPS: Neuroprotection and Natural History ..
- The glutamate release inhibitor Riluzole decreases migration, invasion, and proliferation of melanoma cellsMaithao N Le
Division of Surgical Oncology, Department of Surgery, UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
J Invest Dermatol 130:2240-9. 2010..Using the glutamate-release inhibitor Riluzole or the non-competitive GRM1 antagonist BAY 36-7620 we were able to induce considerable inhibition of colony ..
- Riluzole enhances the activity of glutamate transporters GLAST, GLT1 and EAAC1Elena Fumagalli
Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Via La Masa 19, 20156 Milan, Italy
Eur J Pharmacol 578:171-6. 2008b>Riluzole exerts a neuroprotective effect through different mechanisms, including action on glutamatergic transmission...
- A review of the neural mechanisms of action and clinical efficiency of riluzole in treating amyotrophic lateral sclerosis: what have we learned in the last decade?Mark C Bellingham
School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Queensland, Brisbane, QLD 4072, Australia
CNS Neurosci Ther 17:4-31. 2011..b>Riluzole has been used as the only approved treatment for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis since 1995, but its mechanism(s) ..
- Metabotropic glutamate receptor-1: a potential therapeutic target for the treatment of breast cancerCecilia L Speyer
Breast Cancer Biology Program, Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute, Detroit, MI, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 132:565-73. 2012..mGluR1 inhibitors (Riluzole or BAY36-7620) inhibited the proliferation of triple negative breast cancer cells in a time- and dose-dependent ..
- Chemical-genetic screen identifies riluzole as an enhancer of Wnt/β-catenin signaling in melanomaTravis L Biechele
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Pharmacology, and Institute for Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Box 357370, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Chem Biol 17:1177-82. 2010..This identified 44 unique compounds, including the FDA-approved drug riluzole, which is presently in clinical trials for treating melanoma...
- Riluzole for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)/motor neuron disease (MND)Robert G Miller
Forbes Norris ALS Research Center, California PacificMedical Center, San Francisco, USA
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 3:CD001447. 2012b>Riluzole is approved for the treatment of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis in most countries. Questions persist about its clinical utility because of high cost and modest efficacy.
- Creatine supplementation and riluzole treatment provide similar beneficial effects in copper, zinc superoxide dismutase (G93A) transgenic miceR J Snow
School of Health Sciences, Deakin University, Victoria, 3125, Burwood, Australia
Neuroscience 119:661-7. 2003This study investigated the effects of riluzole (Ril), creatine (Cr) and a combination of these treatments on the onset and progression of clinical signs and neuropathology in an animal model of familial amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, the ..
- Metabotropic glutamate receptor 1 and glutamate signaling in human melanomaJin Namkoong
Susan Lehman Cullman Laboratory for Cancer Research, Department of Chemical Biology, Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy, Rutgers University, 164 Frelinghuysen Road, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Cancer Res 67:2298-305. 2007..human melanoma cells with a GRM1 antagonist (LY367385 or BAY36-7620) or a glutamate release inhibitor (riluzole) leads to a suppression of cell proliferation as well as a decrease in levels of extracellular glutamate...
- Modulation of recombinant and native neuronal SK channels by the neuroprotective drug riluzoleYing Jun Cao
Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care, University of Chicago, 5841 South Maryland Avenue, MC4028, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Eur J Pharmacol 449:47-54. 2002..We used patch clamp to study the actions of the neuroprotective drug riluzole on recombinant SK2 channels expressed in HEK293 cells and native SK channels underlying the ..
- Evaluation of the benzothiazole aggregation inhibitors riluzole and PGL-135 as therapeutics for Huntington's diseaseEmma Hockly
King s College London, Department of Medical and Molecular Genetics, GKT School of Medicine, 8th Floor Guy s Tower, Guy s Hospital, London SE1 9RT, UK
Neurobiol Dis 21:228-36. 2006..To further explore the therapeutic potential of the benzothiazole aggregation inhibitors, we assessed PGL-135 and riluzole in hippocampal slice cultures derived from the R6/2 mouse, confirming their ability to inhibit aggregation with ..
- Glutamate release inhibition ineffective in levodopa-induced motor complicationsWilliam Bara-Jimenez
Experimental Therapeutics Branch, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Mov Disord 21:1380-3. 2006..In a 3-week, double-blind, proof-of-concept study, riluzole (200 mg/day) failed to alter parkinsonian or levodopa-induced motor complication severity...
- Increased survival and reinnervation of cervical motoneurons by riluzole after avulsion of the C7 ventral rootSandor Pinter
Laboratory of Neuromorphology, Department of Ophthalmology, Faculty of General Medicine, University of Szeged, Szeged, Hungary
J Neurotrauma 27:2273-82. 2010..in very low numbers of surviving motoneurons (65 ± 8 SEM), while treatment of the injured motoneurons with riluzole resulted in high numbers of surviving motoneurons (637 ± 26 SEM)...
- Glutamatergic approaches in major depressive disorder: focus on ketamine, memantine and riluzoleR T Owen
Drugs Today (Barc) 48:469-78. 2012..Trials with memantine and riluzole, agents with actions broadly similar to and different from ketamine on the glutamatergic system, are also ..
- Riluzole elevates GLT-1 activity and levels in striatal astrocytesMarica Carbone
King s College London, Wolfson Centre for Age Related Diseases, Guy s Campus, London SE1 1UL, UK
Neurochem Int 60:31-8. 2012..The neuroprotective compound riluzole (100 μM) upregulated GLT-1 levels and activity, through a mechanism that was not dependent on blockade of ..
- Riluzole prolongs survival time and alters nuclear inclusion formation in a transgenic mouse model of Huntington's diseaseJohannes Schiefer
University Hospital RWTH Aachen, Department of Neurology, Aachen, Germany
Mov Disord 17:748-57. 2002Glutamate excitotoxicity has been suggested to contribute to the pathogenesis of Huntington's disease (HD). Riluzole is a substance with glutamate antagonistic properties that is used for neuroprotective treatment in amyotrophic lateral ..
- The effects of riluzole on neurological, brain biochemical, and histological changes in early and late term of sepsis in ratsHale Z Toklu
Department of Pharmacology, Marmara University School of Pharmacy, Istanbul, Turkey
J Surg Res 152:238-48. 2009..b>Riluzole, a glutamate release inhibitor, has been shown to have neuroprotective effects in several animal models...
- Riluzole reduces brain lesions and improves neurological function in rats after a traumatic brain injuryF Wahl
Rhone Poulenc Rorer, Pharmaceuticals Discovery, Neurodegenerative Diseases Department, Vitry sur Seine, France
Brain Res 756:247-55. 1997b>Riluzole (2-amino 6-trifluoromethoxy-benzothiazole) was studied in a rat model of traumatic brain injury (TBI) induced by a fluid percussion applied laterally to the right parietal cortex...
- Effect of riluzole on dyskinesia and duration of the on state in Parkinson disease patients: a double-blind, placebo-controlled pilot studyClaudia A Braz
Movement Disorders Unit, Department of Neurology, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Brazil
Clin Neuropharmacol 27:25-9. 2004The objective of this study was to evaluate the effect of riluzole on dyskinesia and the duration of the ON state in patients with Parkinson disease (PD). The authors studied 16 PD patients with levodopa-induced dyskinesia...
- Riluzole suppresses motor cortex facilitation in correlation to its plasma level. A study using transcranial magnetic stimulationP Schwenkreis
Department of Neurology, Buerkle de la Camp Platz 1, Ruhr University Bochum, BG Kliniken Bergmannsheil, 44789 Bochum, Germany
Exp Brain Res 135:293-9. 2000The aim of our study was to measure the effects of the glutamate antagonist riluzole on different parameters of motor excitability, using transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) during 7 days of riluzole administration, and to correlate ..
- Comparative effects of glibenclamide and riluzole in a rat model of severe cervical spinal cord injuryJ Marc Simard
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201 1595, USA
Exp Neurol 233:566-74. 2012Both glibenclamide and riluzole reduce necrosis and improve outcome in rat models of spinal cord injury (SCI)...
- Riluzole, neuroprotection and amyotrophic lateral sclerosisB C Cheah
Prince of Wales Medical Research Institute, Barker Street, Randwick, NSW 2031, Australia
Curr Med Chem 17:1942-199. 2010..theory of ALS gave rise to the development of therapeutic approaches and ultimately clinical trials involving riluzole, initially thought to act solely as an inhibitor of glutamate release...
- Activation of TREK currents by the neuroprotective agent riluzole in mouse sympathetic neuronsAlba Cadaveira-Mosquera
Department of Functional Biology and Biochemistry, University of Vigo, Campus Lagoas Marcosende, 36310 Vigo, Spain
J Neurosci 31:1375-85. 2011..Whole-cell experiments revealed a riluzole-activated current (I(RIL)), transported by potassium, in mouse superior cervical ganglion (mSCG) neurons...
- The protective effect of riluzole on manganese caused disruption of glutamate-glutamine cycle in ratsYu Deng
Department of Environmental Health, School of Public Health, China Medical University, Shenyang, 110001, People s Republic of China
Brain Res 1289:106-17. 2009..In addition, the effect of 21.35 micromol/kg riluzole (Na(+) channel blocker) was studied at 200 micromol/kg MnCl(2)...
- Blockade of persistent sodium currents contributes to the riluzole-induced inhibition of spontaneous activity and oscillations in injured DRG neuronsRou Gang Xie
Institute of Neuroscience, Xi Jing Hospital, The Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, People s Republic of China
PLoS ONE 6:e18681. 2011..large-diameter fibers isolated from the compressed DRG in Sprague-Dawley rats, we show that local application of riluzole, which blocks the I(NaP), also inhibits the spontaneous activity of A-type DRG neurons in a dose-dependent manner...
- Sodium and calcium current-mediated pacemaker neurons and respiratory rhythm generationChristopher A Del Negro
Systems Neurobiology Laboratory, Department of Neurobiology, David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095 1763, USA
J Neurosci 25:446-53. 2005..I(NaP)-mediated bursting was voltage dependent and blocked by 20 mum riluzole (RIL). We found Ca2+ current (I(Ca))-dependent bursting in 7...
- A double-blind, placebo-controlled and longitudinal study of riluzole in early Parkinson's diseaseJ Jankovic
Parkinson s Disease Center and Movement Disorders Clinic, Baylor College of Medicine, 6550 Fannin Smith 1801, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Parkinsonism Relat Disord 8:271-6. 2002....
- Riluzole normalizes early-life stress-induced visceral hypersensitivity in rats: role of spinal glutamate reuptake mechanismsRomain Daniel Gosselin
Laboratory of Neurogastroenterology, Alimentary Pharmabiotic Centre, University College Cork, Cork, Ireland
Gastroenterology 138:2418-25. 2010..Because alterations in spinal non-neuronal (astrocytic) glutamate reuptake are suspected to participate in chronic pain, we asked whether such processes occur in visceral hypersensitivity...
- Review of the use of the glutamate antagonist riluzole in psychiatric disorders and a description of recent use in childhood obsessive-compulsive disorderPaul Grant
Pediatrics and Developmental Neuroscience PDN Branch, National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 20:309-15. 2010The antiglutamatergic drug riluzole (Rilutek) is presently being used off label in the treatment of psychiatric conditions in adult patients and, increasingly, in children...
- Riluzole protects Huntington disease patients from brain glucose hypometabolism and grey matter volume loss and increases production of neurotrophinsFerdinando Squitieri
Neurogenetics Unit and Centre for Rare Disease, IRCCS Neuromed, Localita Camerelle, 86077, Pozzilli, Italy
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 36:1113-20. 2009..b>Riluzole interferes with glutamatergic neurotransmission, thereby reducing excitotoxicity, enhancing neurite formation in ..
- Inhibition of Navβ4 peptide-mediated resurgent sodium currents in Nav1.7 channels by carbamazepine, riluzole, and anandamideJonathan W Theile
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Stark Neurosciences Research Institute, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Mol Pharmacol 80:724-34. 2011..Here we examined whether carbamazepine and two other sodium channel inhibitors, riluzole and anandamide, exhibit differential inhibition of resurgent currents...
- Mechanisms underlying the early phase of spike frequency adaptation in mouse spinal motoneuronesG B Miles
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS, Canada
J Physiol 566:519-32. 2005..iberiotoxin), voltage-activated Ca2+ channels (CdCl2), M-current (linopirdine) and persistent Na+ currents (riluzole) are all unnecessary for SFA...
- Comparative neuroprotective effect of sodium channel blockers after experimental spinal cord injuryOzkan Ates
Inonu University, School of Medicine, Department of Neurosurgery, Turgut Ozal Medical Center, 44069 Malatya, Turkey
J Clin Neurosci 14:658-65. 2007..study was to compare the neuroprotective effect of three sodium channel blockers-mexiletine, phenytoin and riluzole--after SCI...
- Increased persistent sodium current determines cortical hyperexcitability in a genetic model of amyotrophic lateral sclerosisMassimo Pieri
Department of Neuroscience, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Via Montpellier 1, 00133 Rome, Italy
Exp Neurol 215:368-79. 2009..Finally, Riluzole, a selective blocker of the persistent sodium current at low concentrations, decreased the firing frequency in ..
- Riluzole induces apoptotic cell death in human prostate cancer cells via endoplasmic reticulum stressKanako Akamatsu
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Division of Life Sciences, Osaka Medical College, Takatsuki, Osaka 569 8686, Japan
Anticancer Res 29:2195-204. 2009..Ion channel modulators have been previously associated with cell proliferation and cell death in human cancer cell lines...
- Early excitability changes in lumbar motoneurons of transgenic SOD1G85R and SOD1G(93A-Low) miceArnaud Pambo-Pambo
Laboratoire de Plasticité et Physio Pathologie de la Motricité, Unité Mixte de Recherche 6196 Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Aix Marseille Universite, Marseille, France
J Neurophysiol 102:3627-42. 2009....
- Safety and efficacy of lithium in combination with riluzole for treatment of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialSwati P Aggarwal
Neurology Clinical Trials Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, MA, USA
Lancet Neurol 9:481-8. 2010..In a pilot study, lithium treatment slowed progression of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). We aimed to confirm or disprove these findings by assessing the safety and efficacy of lithium in combination with riluzole in patients with ALS.
- Brain and plasma riluzole pharmacokinetics: effect of minocycline combinationAline Milane
Laboratoire de Barrières et Passage des Médicaments, EA 2706, Faculty of Pharmacy, Universite Paris Sud XI, Chatenay Malabry, Chatenay Malabry, France
J Pharm Pharm Sci 12:209-17. 2009..The only drug approved is riluzole. Minocycline is an antibiotic with numerous neuroprotective properties...
- Lamotrigine derivatives and riluzole inhibit INa,P in cortical neuronsFrancesca Spadoni
IRCCS Fondazione Santa Lucia, Roma, Italy
Neuroreport 13:1167-70. 2002..Two lamotrigine derivatives (sipatrigine and 202W92) and riluzole inhibited the persistent sodium current at low, therapeutic concentrations...
- Riluzole enhances ionizing radiation-induced cytotoxicity in human melanoma cells that ectopically express metabotropic glutamate receptor 1 in vitro and in vivoAtif J Khan
Department of Radiation Oncology, UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway, New Jersey, USA
Clin Cancer Res 17:1807-14. 2011..human GRM1 (hGRM1) expressing melanoma cells release excess extracellular glutamate and are growth inhibited by riluzole, an inhibitor of glutamate release...
- Rasagiline alone and in combination with riluzole prolongs survival in an ALS mouse modelStefan Waibel
Department of Neurology, University of Ulm, Oberer Eselsberg 45, 89081, Ulm, Germany
J Neurol 251:1080-4. 2004..We examined its neuroprotective effect alone and in combination with the putative glutamate release blocker riluzole in the G93A model of familial amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (fALS)...
- Microglial SK3 and SK4 currents and activation state are modulated by the neuroprotective drug, riluzoleB S Liu
Toronto Western Research Institute, University Health Network, MC9 417, 399 Bathurst Street, Toronto, Ontario M5T 2S8, Canada
J Neuroimmune Pharmacol 8:227-37. 2013..Here, we assessed actions of the neuroprotective drug, riluzole, on two Ca(2+)- activated K channels in microglia - SK3 (KCa2.3, KCNN3) and SK4 (KCa3...
- Riluzole prodrugs for melanoma and ALS: design, synthesis, and in vitro metabolic profilingMark E McDonnell
Fox Chase Chemical Diversity Center, Inc, 3805 Old Easton Road, Doylestown, PA 18902, USA
Bioorg Med Chem 20:5642-8. 2012b>Riluzole (1) is an approved therapeutic for the treatment of ALS and has also demonstrated anti-melanoma activity in metabotropic glutamate GRM1 positive cell lines, a mouse xenograft assay and human clinical trials...
- A riluzole- and valproate-sensitive persistent sodium current contributes to the resting membrane potential and increases the excitability of sympathetic neuronesJ Antonio Lamas
Department of Functional Biology, Faculty of Biology, Section of Physiology, University of Vigo, Lagoas Marcosende, Vigo, Spain
Pflugers Arch 458:589-99. 2009..I(NaP) was inhibited by riluzole and valproate with an IC(50) of 2.7 and 3...
- Interaction of the neuroprotective drug riluzole with GABA(A) and glycine receptor channelsB Mohammadi
Neurological Department, Medical School Hannover, Carl-Neuberg-Str. 1, 30625, Hannover, Germany
Eur J Pharmacol 415:135-40. 2001b>Riluzole is used as therapeutic agent in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis...
- Effects of riluzole on cortical excitability in patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosisK Stefan
Department of Neurology, University of Rostock, Germany
Ann Neurol 49:536-9. 2001Using transcranial magnetic stimulation, the effect of riluzole (RLZ) on cortical excitability was studied in patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)...
- Course of improvement in depressive symptoms to a single intravenous infusion of ketamine vs add-on riluzole: results from a 4-week, double-blind, placebo-controlled studyLobna Ibrahim
Experimental Therapeutics and Pathophysiology Branch, Division of Intramural Research Programs, National Institute of Mental Health NIMH, National Institutes of Health NIH, Bethesda, MD, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 37:1526-33. 2012..b>Riluzole, a glutamatergic modulator with antidepressant and synaptic plasticity-enhancing effects, could conceivably be ..
- Neuroprotective drug riluzole amplifies the heat shock factor 1 (HSF1)- and glutamate transporter 1 (GLT1)-dependent cytoprotective mechanisms for neuronal survivalAlice Y C Liu
Department of Cell Biology and Neuroscience, Division of Life Sciences, Rutgers State University of New Jersey, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
J Biol Chem 286:2785-94. 2011..We show that the neuroprotective drug riluzole increased the amount of HSF1 in NG108-15 neuroprogenitor cells by slowing the specific turnover of HSF1 and ..
- The metabotropic glutamate receptor subtype 5 antagonist MPEP and the Na+ channel blocker riluzole show different neuroprotective profiles in reversing behavioral deficits induced by excitotoxic prefrontal cortex lesionsC Risterucci
Laboratoire de Neurobiologie de la Cognition, CNRS UMR 6155, Universite de Provence, Case C, 3 Place Victor Hugo, 13331 Marseille Cedex 3, France
Neuroscience 137:211-20. 2006..antagonist of metabotropic glutamate receptor subtype 5, and 2-amino-6-trifluoro methoxy-benzothiole (riluzole), a Na+ channel blocker exhibiting anti-glutamatergic properties, on the ibotenate-induced damage to the rat ..
- Riluzole rapidly attenuates hyperemotional responses in olfactory bulbectomized rats, an animal model of depressionKou Takahashi
Department of Neuropsychopharmacology, National Institute of Mental Health, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry, 4 1 1 Ogawahigashimachi, Kodaira, Tokyo 187 8553, Japan
Behav Brain Res 216:46-52. 2011..b>Riluzole, a drug currently used to slow the progression of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), directly affects the ..
- Plasma glutamate and glycine levels in patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis: the effect of riluzole treatmentElisabeth Andreadou
Department of Neurology, Athens National University, Aeginition Hospital, 74, Vas Sophia s Ave, 11528 Athens, Greece
Clin Neurol Neurosurg 110:222-6. 2008..Moreover, glycine (gly) has been shown to potentiate excitatory transmission. The "antiglutamatergic" agent riluzole has been shown to prolong survival in ALS...
- Brain-targeted solid lipid nanoparticles containing riluzole: preparation, characterization and biodistributionMaria Luisa Bondi
Istituto per lo Studio dei Materiali Nanostrutturati, sez di Palermo, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Via Ugo La Malfa 153, 90146 Palermo, Italy
Nanomedicine (Lond) 5:25-32. 2010..In this study nanoparticulate systems as drug carriers for riluzole, with sufficiently high loading capacity and small particle size, were prepared to a reach therapeutic drug level ..
- A pilot trial of memantine and riluzole in ALS: correlation to CSF biomarkersTodd D Levine
PNA Center for Neurologic Research, 5090 N 40th St, Phoenix, AZ 85018, USA
Amyotroph Lateral Scler 11:514-9. 2010..Twenty patients on stable doses of riluzole were enrolled. Patients received memantine, 10 mg b.i.d., for 18 months...
- Riluzole protects against cardiac ischaemia and reperfusion damage via block of the persistent sodium currentS Weiss
The John Curtin School of Medical Research, The Australian National University, Canberra, ACT, Australia
Br J Pharmacol 160:1072-82. 2010..Here we propose a different approach, block of the persistent sodium current (INaP)...
- Maintenance of eupnea of in situ and in vivo rats following riluzole: a blocker of persistent sodium channelsWalter M St-John
Department of Physiology, Dartmouth Medical School, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Borwell Bldg, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
Respir Physiol Neurobiol 155:97-100. 2007..Regardless of the level of CO(2) drive, riluzole (1-10 microM), a blocker of persistent sodium channels, caused increases in the frequency and reductions in peak ..
- Rapid enhancement of glutamatergic neurotransmission in bipolar depression following treatment with riluzoleBrian P Brennan
Biological Psychiatry Laboratory, McLean Hospital, Belmont, MA 02478, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 35:834-46. 2010Glutamatergic abnormalities may underlie bipolar disorder (BD). The glutamate-modulating drug riluzole may be efficacious in bipolar depression, but few in vivo studies have examined its effect on glutamatergic neurotransmission...
- Mechanisms underlying the riluzole inhibition of glutamate release from rat cerebral cortex nerve terminals (synaptosomes)S J Wang
School of Medicine, Fu Jen Catholic University, 510 Chung Cheng Road, Hsin Chuang, Taipei Hsien, Taiwan 24205
Neuroscience 125:191-201. 2004We have examined the effect of riluzole, a neuroprotective agent with anticonvulsant properties, on the release of endogenous glutamate from rat cerebrocortical synaptosomes using an on-line enzyme-coupled fluorometric assay...
- Enhanced endogenous type I interferon cell-driven survival and inhibition of spontaneous apoptosis by RiluzoleAmmar Achour
Laboratoire des Interferons Sarcolectine, Universite Paris Descartes, Centre Universitaire des Saint Pères, 45 Rue des Saints Pères 75006 Paris, France
Virology 386:160-7. 2009..In this study, we investigated the action of Riluzole (2-amino-6-trifuromethoxybenzothiazole) in HIV-1 infection...
- Riluzole therapy for motor neurone disease: an early Australian experience (1996-2002)Margie C Zoing
Multidisciplinary Motor Neurone Disease Service, Institute of Neurological Sciences, Prince of Wales Hospital, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
J Clin Neurosci 13:78-83. 2006b>Riluzole is the only therapy proven in clinical trials to prolong survival in patients with motor neurone disease (MND)...
- Effects of riluzole on the electrophysiological activity of pallidal neurons in the 1-methyl-4-phenyl-1,2,3,6-tetrahydropyridine-treated monkeyT Boraud
Basal Gang, CNRS UMR 5543, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, 146 rue Leo Saignat, 33076 Bordeaux, Cedex, France
Neurosci Lett 281:75-8. 2000The effect of riluzole administration, an antiglutamatergic compound, on the electrophysiological activity of the pallidal complex of 1-methyl-4-phenyl-1,2,3,6-tetrahydropyridine (MPTP)-treated monkeys is compared with those induced by ..
- Effectiveness of riluzole in suppressing spasticity in the spinal cord injured ratPatrick H Kitzman
Department of Rehabilitation Sciences, The University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536 0200, USA
Neurosci Lett 455:150-3. 2009..The present study examined the effectiveness of riluzole, an agent that has been shown to reduce glutamate release, in managing spasticity within the tail musculature...
- Riluzole (2-amino-6-trifluoromethoxy benzothiazole) attenuates MPTP (1-methyl-4-phenyl-1,2,3,6-tetrahydropyridine) neurotoxicity in miceT Araki
Department of Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Tohoku University Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Science and Medicine, Aoba yama, Sendai 980 8578, Japan
Neurosci Lett 312:50-4. 2001The protective effects of 2-amino-6-trifluoromethoxy benzothiazole (riluzole), a Na(+) channel blocker with antiglutamatergic activity were investigated in the model of 1-methyl-4-phenyl-1,2,3,6-tetrahydropyridine (MPTP)-induced depletion ..
- Neuroprotective effect of riluzole in a primate model of Parkinson's disease: behavioral and histological evidenceMaria C Obinu
Neurodegenerative Disease Program, Research Center of Paris, Aventis Pharma, S A Vitry sur Seine, France
Mov Disord 17:13-9. 2002Our study aimed to determine whether riluzole, which has shown efficacy as a disease-modifying agent in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), is neuroprotective in a marmoset model of Parkinson's disease (PD)...
- Riluzole in psychiatry: a systematic review of the literatureCarlos A Zarate
Mark O Hatfield CRC, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Expert Opin Drug Metab Toxicol 4:1223-34. 2008..b>Riluzole, a neuroprotective agent with anticonvulsant properties approved for the treatment of amyotrophic lateral ..
- Secondary injury mechanisms of spinal cord trauma: a novel therapeutic approach for the management of secondary pathophysiology with the sodium channel blocker riluzoleGwen Schwartz
Toronto Western Research Institute, Division of Cell and Molecular Biology, Division of Neurosurgery, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Prog Brain Res 137:177-90. 2002..This review describes the evolution of acute spinal cord injury and provides a rationale for the clinical utility of sodium channel blockers, particularly riluzole, in the management of spinal cord trauma.
- Open-label riluzole in fragile X syndromeCraig A Erickson
Department of Psychiatry, Indiana University School of Medicine, James Whitcomb Riley Hospital for Children, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Brain Res 1380:264-70. 2011Glutamatergic dysregulation is implicated in the pathophysiology of fragile X syndrome (FXS). Riluzole is hypothesized to have an inhibitory effect on glutamate release, block excitotoxic effects of glutamate, and potentiate postsynaptic ..
- Neuroprotective effects of riluzole in early phase Parkinson's disease on clinically relevant parameters in the marmoset MPTP modelPeternella S Verhave
BU CBRN Protection, TNO Defence, Security and Safety, Lange Kleiweg 137, PO Box 45, 2280 AA Rijswijk, The Netherlands
Neuropharmacology 62:1700-7. 2012..The anti-glutamatergic compound riluzole is used as a model compound for neuroprotection...
- Hippocampal N-acetylaspartate concentration and response to riluzole in generalized anxiety disorderSanjay J Mathew
Department of Psychiatry, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
Biol Psychiatry 63:891-8. 2008..spectroscopic imaging ((1)H MRSI) to examine the acute and chronic effects of the glutamate-release inhibitor riluzole on hippocampal N-acetylaspartate (NAA), a neuronal marker, in patients with generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) ..
- The use of the potassium channel activator riluzole to test whether potassium channels mediate the capacity of isoflurane to produce immobilityYilei Xing
Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Care, University of California, San Francisco 94110, USA
Anesth Analg 97:1020-4, table of contents. 2003..alveolar anesthetic concentration (MAC) during 4-h intrathecal or IV infusions of the nonspecific KCNK activator riluzole in 54 Sprague-Dawley rats...
- Protective effect of combination of sulforaphane and riluzole on glutamate-mediated excitotoxicityGeng Chang
Department of Neurology, The Second Hospital of Hebei Medical University, Hebei, China
Biol Pharm Bull 33:1477-83. 2010..Some drugs, including sulforaphane (SF) and riluzole, can protect motor neuron against excitotoxicity...
- Riluzole pharmacokinetics in young patients with spinal muscular atrophyChadi Abbara
Universite d Angers, UFR Medecine, Angers Cedex, F 49045 CHU d Angers, Service Pharmacologie Toxicologie, Angers Cedex 09, France
Br J Clin Pharmacol 71:403-10. 2011The objective of the present study was to assess the pharmacokinetics of riluzole in patients with spinal muscular atrophy (SMA).
- Persistent sodium currents in mesencephalic v neurons participate in burst generation and control of membrane excitabilityNanping Wu
Department of Physiological Science, UCLA, 2859 Slichter Hall, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Neurophysiol 93:2710-22. 2005..04 s, tau(recov) = 2.21 s). Riluzole (< or =5 microM) substantially reduced I(NaP), membrane resonance, postinhibitory rebound (PIR), and ..
- Open-label trial of riluzole in generalized anxiety disorderSanjay J Mathew
Department of Biological Psychiatry, New York State Psychiatric Institute, USA
Am J Psychiatry 162:2379-81. 2005There is a need to identify novel pharmacotherapies for anxiety disorders. The authors examined the safety and efficacy of riluzole, an antiglutamatergic agent, in adult outpatients with generalized anxiety disorder.
- Neuroprotective effect of riluzole in MPTP-treated miceT Araki
Department of Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Tohoku University Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Science and Medicine, Aoba yama, Sendai 980 8578, Japan
Brain Res 918:176-81. 2001The neuroprotective effects of riluzole, a Na(+) channel blocker with antiglutamatergic activity, and MK-801, a blocker of N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptors, were compared in the model of 1-methyl-4-phenyl-1,2,3,6-tetrahydropyridine (..
- The fraction of activated N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors during synaptic transmission remains constant in the presence of the glutamate release inhibitor riluzoleG Rammes
Clinical Neuropharmacology, Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Kraepelinstrasse 2, 80804, Munich, Germany
J Neural Transm 115:1119-26. 2008..contributing to postsynaptic events in the presence of therapeutically relevant concentrations of the GRI riluzole (1 microM) using an in vitro hippocampal slice preparation...
- Evidences for pharmacokinetic interaction of riluzole and topiramate with pilocarpine in pilocarpine-induced seizures in ratsWojciech Zgrajka
Department of Toxicology, Institute of Agricultural Medicine, Lublin, Poland
Epilepsy Res 88:269-74. 2010In this study we investigated the effectiveness of two antiepileptic drugs: riluzole and topiramate against pilocarpine-induced seizures, which are considered to be a model of intractable epilepsy commonly used to investigate the ..
- Intrinsic spontaneous activity and subthreshold oscillations in neurones of the rat dorsal column nuclei in cultureAntonio Reboreda
Section of Physiology, Department of Functional Biology, Faculty of Sciences, University of Vigo, Lagoas Marcosende, 36200 Vigo, Spain
J Physiol 551:191-205. 2003..The frequency of LTOs was voltage dependent and could be abolished by TTX (0.5 microM) and riluzole (30 microM), suggesting the participation of a sodium current...
- Ischemic spinal cord injury induced by aortic cross-clamping: prevention by riluzoleL Lang-Lazdunski
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Hopital Bichat and Xavier Bichat Medical University, Paris, France
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 18:174-81. 2000..We investigated the effect of riluzole, an anti-glutamate drug, in a rat model of spinal cord ischemia.
- Blockade of morphine- and amphetamine-induced conditioned place preference in the rat by riluzoleT M Tzschentke
Department of Neuropharmacology, Zoological Institute, University of Tubingen, Germany
Neurosci Lett 242:114-6. 1998..The present study examined the effects of inhibition of presynaptic glutamate release by riluzole on the development of morphine- and amphetamine-induced CPP...
- Riluzole protects against glutamate-induced slowing of neurofilament axonal transportAlison Stevenson
MRC Centre for Neurodegeneration Research, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College, London, UK
Neurosci Lett 454:161-4. 2009b>Riluzole is the only drug approved for the treatment of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) but its precise mode of action is not properly understood...
- Riluzole-induced glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor production is regulated through fibroblast growth factor receptor signaling in rat C6 glioma cellsMami Tsuchioka
Division of Psychiatry and Neuroscience, Institute for Clinical Research, National Hospital Organization NHO Kure Medical Center and Chugoku Cancer Center, 3 1 Aoyama, Kure, Japan
Brain Res 1384:1-8. 2011b>Riluzole is approved for the treatment of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS); however, recent accumulating evidence suggests that riluzole is also effective for the treatment of psychiatric disorders, such as mood disorders...
- Antinociceptive effect of riluzole in rats with neuropathic spinal cord injury painAldric Hama
The Miami Project to Cure Paralysis, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
J Neurotrauma 28:127-34. 2011..b>Riluzole, an FDA-approved drug for the treatment of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, has been demonstrated to attenuate ..
- Riluzole for relapse prevention following intravenous ketamine in treatment-resistant depression: a pilot randomized, placebo-controlled continuation trialSanjay J Mathew
Mood and Anxiety Disorders Program, Department of Psychiatry, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 13:71-82. 2010..v.) ketamine; (2) test the efficacy of the glutamate-modulating agent riluzole in preventing post-ketamine relapse; and (3) examine whether pretreatment with lamotrigine would attenuate ..
- Riluzole blocks persistent Na+ and Ca2+ currents and modulates release of glutamate via presynaptic NMDA receptors on neonatal rat hypoglossal motoneurons in vitroNerijus Lamanauskas
Neurobiology Sector and Spinal Laboratory, International School for Advanced Studies SISSA, Via Beirut 4, 34014 Trieste, Italy
Eur J Neurosci 27:2501-14. 2008The neuroprotective agent riluzole is used for the symptomatic treatment of motoneuron disease, which strongly affects the brainstem nucleus hypoglossus...
- An open-label trial of riluzole in patients with treatment-resistant major depressionCarlos A Zarate
Laboratory of Molecular Pathophysiology and Experimental Therapeutics and the Pathophysiology Branch, Mood and Anxiety Disorders Program, NIMH, Department of Health and Human Services, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Am J Psychiatry 161:171-4. 2004This study was conducted to determine the efficacy and safety of riluzole, a glutamate-modulating agent, in patients with recurrent major depression.
- A phase 1 trial of riluzole in spinal muscular atrophyBarry S Russman
Oregon Health Sciences University and Shriners Hospital for Children, Portland, OR 97201, USA
Arch Neurol 60:1601-3. 2003..b>Riluzole, a glutamate inhibitor, has been shown to slow the rate of decline in patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis,..
- Alpha-linolenic acid and riluzole treatment confer cerebral protection and improve survival after focal brain ischemiaC Heurteaux
Institut de Pharmacologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, UMR 6097, CNRS Université de Nice Sophia Antipolis, Institut Paul Hamel, 660 route des Lucioles, Sophia Antipolis, 06560 Valbonne, France
Neuroscience 137:241-51. 2006We investigated here the effects of alpha-linolenic acid and riluzole, both activators of the 2P-domain K+ channel family TREK/TRAAK, in a model of focal ischemia clinically relevant to stroke, not only assessing neuronal protection, but ..
- Kainate-induced currents in rat cortical neurons in culture are modulated by riluzoleCristina Zona
Fisiologia Umana, Universita degli Studi di Roma Tor Vergata, 00133 Rome, Italy
Synapse 43:244-51. 2002The action of the neuroprotective and anticonvulsant agent riluzole on kainate-induced currents was studied in rat cortical neurons in primary culture by using the whole-cell configuration of the patch-clamp technique...
- Riluzole and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis survival: a population-based study in southern ItalyS Zoccolella
Department of Neurological Sciences, University of Bari, Italy
Eur J Neurol 14:262-8. 2007b>Riluzole is to date the only treatment that prolongs amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) survival...
- Preliminary evidence of riluzole efficacy in antidepressant-treated patients with residual depressive symptomsGerard Sanacora
Department of Psychiatry, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Biol Psychiatry 61:822-5. 2007..Recent evidence suggests that riluzole and other agents that target glutamate neurotransmission may show antidepressant activity.
- Riluzole in Huntington's disease: a 3-year, randomized controlled studyG Bernhard Landwehrmeyer
Department of Neurology, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Ann Neurol 62:262-72. 2007We conducted a randomized double-blind trial of riluzole in Huntington's disease to investigate the efficacy of this antiexcitotoxic drug in slowing disease progression.
- Delayed riluzole treatment is able to rescue injured rat spinal motoneuronsA Nogradi
Laboratory of Neuromorphology, Department of Ophthalmology, Faculty of General Medicine, University of Szeged, Korányi fasor 10 11, 6720 Szeged, Hungary
Neuroscience 144:431-8. 2007The effect of delayed 2-amino-6-trifluoromethoxy-benzothiazole (riluzole) treatment on injured motoneurons was studied. The L4 ventral root of adult rats was avulsed and reimplanted into the spinal cord...
- Riluzole-induced oscillations in spinal networksCedric Yvon
Department of Physiology, University of Bern, Switzerland
J Neurophysiol 97:3607-20. 2007..Although full blockade of I(NaP) with riluzole disrupts such bursting, the present study shows that partial blockade of I(NaP) with low doses of riluzole ..
- An open-label trial of riluzole, a glutamate antagonist, in children with treatment-resistant obsessive-compulsive disorderPaul Grant
Pediatrics and Developmental Neuropsychiatry Branch, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 17:761-7. 2007Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) in childhood is often refractory to treatment. Riluzole, a glutamate antagonist, has theoretical support as an alternative pharmacological treatment and has demonstrated possible benefit in some open-..
- Riluzole rescues cochlear sensory cells from acoustic trauma in the guinea-pigJ Wang
INSERM UMR 254 Université de Montpellier 1, Laboratoire de Neurobiologie de l audition, 71 rue de Navacelles, 34090 Montpellier, France
Neuroscience 111:635-48. 2002..Whatever the mechanisms, a common feature of noise damage to hair cells was mitochondrial alteration. Riluzole (2-amino-6-trifluoromethoxy benzothiazole) is a neuroprotective agent that prevents apoptosis- and necrosis-..
- Specific regulation of rat glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor gene expression by riluzole in C6 glioma cellsAnne Sophie Caumont
Laboratoire de Pharmacologie Expérimentale, Universite Catholique de Louvain, 54 10, Avenue Hippocrate 54, 1200 Bruxelles, Belgium
J Neurochem 97:128-39. 2006..We investigated the effects of the neuroprotective drug, riluzole, on the GDNF gene expression in glial cells...
- Riluzole slows the progression of neuromuscular dysfunction in the wobbler mouse motor neuron diseaseTakeo Ishiyama
Sumitomo Pharmaceuticals Research Division, 1 98 Kasugadenaka 3 chome, Konohanaku, Osaka 554 0022, Japan
Brain Res 1019:226-36. 2004In the wobbler mouse motor neuron disease (MND), we firstly evaluated the effect of riluzole, the only approved drug for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, and compared it with that of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF)...
- Prognostic factors for survival in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis patients treated with riluzoleC Paillisse
Service de Pharmacologie Clinique, Hopital de la Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Amyotroph Lateral Scler Other Motor Neuron Disord 6:37-44. 2005..The study included a cohort of 2069 patients fulfilling broad entry criteria treated with riluzole. Over 100 demographic, biological, clinical and quality-of-life variables were monitored and assessed for their ..
Research Grants103 found, 100 shown here
- CLINICAL TRIALS FOR PEDIATRIC SPINAL MUSCULAR ATROPHYSusan Iannaccone; Fiscal Year: 2005..The trials will be 6 month, open label using riluzole, albuterol and sodium 4-phenylbutyrate. All pediatric age groups from birth to 18 years will be included...
- Signal Transduction in Intrapulmonary ChemoreceptorsSTEVEN HEMPLEMAN; Fiscal Year: 2007..This will be tested using TREK agonists or antagonists including riluzole, polyunsaturated fatty acids, arachidonic acid, cyclopropane, nitrous oxide, xenon, and osmotic challenges...
- Combination Therapy that Targets Glutamate Signaling in MelanomaJames S Goydos; Fiscal Year: 2010..Importantly, pharmacologic depletion of the GRM1 ligand, glutamate, with the glutamate antagonist Riluzole suppresses melanoma cell growth and increases apoptosis in vitro, and promotes apoptosis and reduces melanoma ..
- Involvement of astrocytic two-pore domain K+ channels in ischemic pathologyMin Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2010..of electrophysiological response of astrocytes to CIPNJFs by neuroprotectant and TREK-1 channel modulator riluzole and sipatrigine;3) Identify specific K2P-CIPNJF interaction mechanisms by selective silencing of astrocytic K2Ps ..
- Matrix metalloproteinases as biomarkers of neurodegenerationVeronica Shubayev; Fiscal Year: 2007..e. riluzole, dizocilpine, minocycline)...
- A Phase 0 Trial of Riluzole in Patients with Resectable Stage III or IV MelanomaJames Goydos; Fiscal Year: 2007..Finally, a murine xenograft model of melanoma treated with Riluzole, an oral Grm1 blocking agent, showed decreased tumor growth in the treated mice compared to the untreated ..
- Characterization of KIFAP3, a Modifier of Survival in Sporadic ALSJohn E Landers; Fiscal Year: 2010..0 months, a substantial improvement (~42%) that surpasses the magnitude of benefit of the single drug (riluzole) that is FDA approved for ALS in ALS...
- RILUZOLE MOA: TARGETS FOR IMPROVED NEUROPROTECTIVE DRUGSAnn Sluder; Fiscal Year: 2004..b>Riluzole, the only drug currently approved for the treatment of ALS, provides only a modest extension of 2 to 3 months in ..
- Novel Therapeutic Agents for ALSDONALD KIRSCH; Fiscal Year: 2007..b>Riluzole is the sole drug currently approved for the treatment of ALS and only extends the survival of ALS patients by 2-3 ..
- SK Channel Openers as Therapeutics for Cerebellar AtaxiaHeike Wulff; Fiscal Year: 2006..b>Riluzole, a FDA approved drug for the therapy of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, has been reported to be a potent SK ..
- SK Channel Openers as Therapeutics for Cerebellar AtaxiaHeike Wulff; Fiscal Year: 2007..b>Riluzole, a FDA approved drug for the therapy of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, has been reported to be a potent SK ..
- 2/3-Efficacy and Tolerability of Riluzole in Treatment-Resistant DepressionSanjay J Mathew; Fiscal Year: 2010..This collaborative R01 investigates the safety and efficacy of the glutamate-modulating and neuroprotective agent riluzole in a randomized double-blind placebo-controlled clinical trial (RCT) in patients with treatment- resistant ..
- 3/3-Efficacy and Tolerability of Riluzole in Treatment-Resistant DepressionMaurizio Fava; Fiscal Year: 2010..This collaborative R01 investigates the safety and efficacy of the glutamate-modulating and neuroprotective agent riluzole in a randomized double-blind placebo-controlled clinical trial (RCT) in patients with treatment- resistant ..
- A Scientific Meeting of ALS Clinical TrialsHiroshi Mitsumoto; Fiscal Year: 2003..Approved since 1996, Riluzole is the only drug available for ALS, but its benefit is limited...
- PROTON MRS STUDIES IN GENERALIZED ANXIETY DISORDERSanjay Mathew; Fiscal Year: 2007..A specific long-term goal is for the candidate to develop sufficient expertise in MRS to sustain valid and creative application to problems of GAD and related conditions. ..
- Phase III Trial of Minocycline in ALS-II Data CenterRobert Miller; Fiscal Year: 2007..The details of data management are described, including the methods for quality control, security and information technology. Finally, the analytic plan is described in full. ..
- MECHANISMS AND SITES OF VENTILATORY NEUROGENESISWALTER ST JOHN; Fiscal Year: 1999..Results will provide a basis for understanding the failure of mechanisms for ventilatory neurogenesis, in apneas of neonates and adults. ..
- MECHANISMS AND SITES OF VENTILATORY NEUROGENESISWALTER ST JOHN; Fiscal Year: 1993....
- MECHANISMS AND SITES OF VENTILATORY NEUROGENESISWALTER ST JOHN; Fiscal Year: 2003..Such information might provide insights into dysfunctions of the control of ventilation in humans, such as in "sleep apneas" or the "sudden infant death syndrome." ..
- QUANTITATIVE FUNCTION IN MOTOR NEURON DISEASEEric Sorenson; Fiscal Year: 2004..This will become increasingly important as our population ages, increasing demands for medical and social resources. ..
- IGF-I/ALS TrialEric Sorenson; Fiscal Year: 2006..Except for a very small minority of cases, the cause is unknown. The disease is incurable and only Riluzole has been proven to be effective in slowing the disease...
- Phase III Trial of Minocycline in ALS-II Data CenterRobert Miller; Fiscal Year: 2006..The details of data management are described, including the methods for quality control, security and information technology. Finally, the analytic plan is described in full. ..
- MECHANISMS AND SITES OF VENTILATORY NEUROGENESISWALTER ST JOHN; Fiscal Year: 2007..Such information might provide insights into dysfunctions of the control of ventilation in humans, such as in "sleep apnea" or the "sudden infant death syndrome." ..
- IGF-I/ALS TrialEric Sorenson; Fiscal Year: 2007..Except for a very small minority of cases, the cause is unknown. The disease is incurable and only riluzole has proven to be effective in slowing the disease...
- Glutamate Uptake & the Pathogenesis of Neuropathic PainJianren Mao; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Creatine Safety, Tolerability, and Efficacy in Huntington's Disease: CREST-ESteven Hersch; Fiscal Year: 2007..A companion application is also submitted to support study coordination, data management, and biostatistical support under the auspices of the HSG (Bernard Ravina, principal investigator). ..