Genomes and Genes
Summary: An antimetabolite antineoplastic agent with immunosuppressant properties. It interferes with nucleic acid synthesis by inhibiting purine metabolism and is used, usually in combination with other drugs, in the treatment of or in remission maintenance programs for leukemia.
Publications188 found, 100 shown here
- Adolescents with acute lymphoblastic leukaemia: outcome on UK national paediatric (ALL97) and adult (UKALLXII/E2993) trialsRamya Ramanujachar
Department of Molecular Haematology, Institute of Child Health, London, United Kingdom
Pediatr Blood Cancer 48:254-61. 2007..This analysis adds further emphasis to the treatment approach and the merits and limitations of treatment of adolescents on paediatric and adult trials...
- Msh2 deficiency attenuates but does not abolish thiopurine hematopoietic toxicity in msh2-/- miceNatalia F Krynetskaia
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, 332 N Lauderdale, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Mol Pharmacol 64:456-65. 2003..Together, these findings establish that hematopoietic toxicity in vivo after treatment with mercaptopurine is attenuated but not abolished by MSH2 deficiency...
- Treatment-specific changes in gene expression discriminate in vivo drug response in human leukemia cellsMeyling H Cheok
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, 332 N Lauderdale St, Memphis, Tennessee 38105 USA
Nat Genet 34:85-90. 2003....
- Outcome after relapse among children with standard-risk acute lymphoblastic leukemia: Children's Oncology Group study CCG-1952Suman Malempati
Department of Pediatrics, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd, CDRC P, Portland, OR 97239 3098, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:5800-7. 2007..However, prognosis after relapse continues to be poor. We examined postrelapse outcomes of children initially treated on the Children's Cancer Group CCG-1952 study...
- Thiopurine therapies: problems, complexities, and progress with monitoring thioguanine nucleotidesJohn A Duley
Chemical Pathology Department, Mater Health Services, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Ther Drug Monit 27:647-54. 2005..Difficult questions remain to be answered, which may be assisted by technological advances. Prospective TGN studies, long overdue, are at last revealing clearer results...
- Differing contribution of thiopurine methyltransferase to mercaptopurine versus thioguanine effects in human leukemic cellsT Dervieux
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Cancer Res 61:5810-6. 2001....
- HPLC determination of thiopurine nucleosides and nucleotides in vivo in lymphoblasts following mercaptopurine therapyThierry Dervieux
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Clin Chem 48:61-8. 2002..We developed a reversed-phase liquid chromatographic assay for the quantification of mercaptopurine, thioguanine, and methylmercaptopurine nucleoside and nucleotide concentrations in the target tissue, the leukemic lymphoblast...
- Frequency of use and standards of care for the use of azathioprine and 6-mercaptopurine in the treatment of inflammatory bowel disease: a systematic review of the literature and a survey of Canadian gastroenterologistsT M Wallace
Department of Medicine, Dalhousie University and Queen Elizabeth II Health Sciences Centre, Halifax, Canada
Can J Gastroenterol 15:21-8. 2001..The evidence in support of pancreatic and hepatic monitoring is weak. The risk of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma is likely low...
- [The assessment of plasma levels of insulin-like growth factor (IGF-I) and binding protein (IGFBP-3) during the maintenance therapy and after remissionof acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL)]Maryna Krawczuk-Rybak
Klinika Onkologii Dzieciecej AM w Białymstoku, Białystok, Poland
Endokrynol Diabetol Chor Przemiany Materii Wieku Rozw 9:35-40. 2003....
- [Improved results in children with acute lymphoblastic leukemia treated with the ALL-BFM 90 protocol in the Czech Republic]J Stary
II dĕtská klinika 2 LF UK a FNM, Praha
Cas Lek Cesk 142:404-9. 2003..The authors report the treatment outcome in children with ALL cured according to ALL-BFM 90 Study protocol in the Czech Republic during the first half of nineties...
- [Auditory evoked potentials in patients after acute children's lymphoblastic leukemia treatment]Slawomir Kroczka
Pracownia Neurofizjologii Kliniki Neurologii, Dzieciecej Uniwersytetu Jagiellońskiego
Przegl Lek 63:1205-9. 2006..ALL and its treatment as well, may cause disturbances of central transmission of acoustic stimuli...
- Variant translocations of 11q23 in infant acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL): do outcomes differ from t(4;11)?Zsuzsanna Jakab
Department of Pediatrics, Medical and Health Science Center, University of Debrecen, Debrecen, Hungary
Med Pediatr Oncol 39:63-5. 2002
- Increased factor VIII activity and dural sinus thrombosisTiraje Celkan
Med Pediatr Oncol 39:71-2. 2002
- [Modified BFM-90 regimen greatly improves treatment outcomes of chinese childhood and adolescent lymphoblastic lymphoma]Xiao Fei Sun
Department of Medical Oncology, State Key Laboratory of Oncology in Southern China, Cancer Center of Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510060, China
Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi 29:58-61. 2007..This study was designed to evaluate the efficacy and toxicity of modified BFM-90 regimen originated from Germany authors in the treatment of Chinese childhood and adolescent lymphoblastic lymphoma...
- Differences between children and adults in thiopurine methyltransferase activity and metabolite formation during thiopurine therapy: possible role of concomitant methotrexateBirgitta Pettersson
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University Hospital, SE 58185 Linkoping, Sweden
Ther Drug Monit 24:351-8. 2002..The results show that the role of thiopurine metabolism for drug effects is complex...
- Intensified and shortened cyclical chemotherapy for adult acute lymphoblastic leukemiaCharles Linker
Bone Marrow Transplant Program, Medical Center, University of California San Francisco, 400 Parnassus Avenue, Rm A502, San Francisco, CA 94143 0324, USA
J Clin Oncol 20:2464-71. 2002..To assess the efficacy and toxicity of a new treatment program of intensified and shortened cyclical chemotherapy (protocol 8707) in adults with acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL)...
- Favorable outcome for children and adolescents with T-cell lymphoblastic lymphoma with an intensive ALL-type therapy without local radiotherapyJ Grenzebach
Department of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, Justus-Liebig-University, Giessen, Germany
Ann Hematol 80:B73-6. 2001..Providing tumor regression within 5 weeks is sufficient, tumor remnants after induction have weak prognostic impact...
- Evaluation of renal function in Turkish children receiving BFM-95 therapy for acute lymphoblastic leukemiaZuhre Kaya
Hematology Unit, Department of Pediatrics, Medical School of Gazi University, Ankara, Turkey
Pediatr Hematol Oncol 24:257-67. 2007..1 +/- 12.5 months after completion chemotherapy. These data show that consolidation therapy with HDMTX is frequently associated with acute renal toxicity in children with ALL but does not leave clinically significant late sequelae...
- Pharmacogenetics and inflammatory bowel disease: progress and prospectsGwo Tzer Ho
Department of Gastroenterology, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh EH, 4 2XU
Inflamm Bowel Dis 10:148-58. 2004
- [Twenty years of treating childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia]A Perez Martinez
Servicio de Hematología Oncología y Trasplante Hematopoyético Hospital Niño Jesús Madrid España
An Pediatr (Barc) 65:198-204. 2006..Conventional prognostic factors for relapse in patients with acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) are the main basis of risk-stratified treatments...
- Monitoring of thiopurine methyltransferase activity in postsurgical patients with Crohn's disease during 1 year of treatment with azathioprine or mesalazineKarin Dilger
Dr Falk Pharma GmbH, Freiburg, Germany
Ther Drug Monit 29:1-5. 2007..4. In a well-standardized clinical setting of inflammatory bowel disease, neither mesalazine nor azathioprine significantly affected TPMT activity during a whole year of treatment...
- Improvement over time in outcome for children with acute lymphoblastic leukemia in second remission given hematopoietic stem cell transplantation from unrelated donorsF Locatelli
Oncoematologia Pediatrica, IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, Universita di Pavia, Italy
Leukemia 16:2228-37. 2002..EFS of unrelated donor HSCT in children with ALL in second CR has improved in the last few years, mainly due to a decreased TRM. This information is of value for counseling of patients with relapsed ALL...
- [Monitoring of thiopurine methyltransferase and thiopurine metabolites to optimize azathioprine therapy in inflammatory bowel disease]Javier P Gisbert
Servicio de Aparato Digestivo Hospital Universitario de La Princesa Universidad Autónoma Madrid España
Gastroenterol Hepatol 29:568-83. 2006....
- Childhood CD4+/CD56+ hematodermic neoplasm: case report and review of the literatureAntonio Ruggiero
Division of Paediatric Oncology, Department of Paediatric Sciences, Catholic University, Largo A Gemelli 8 00168 Rome, Italy
Haematologica 91:ECR48. 2006..Moreover, we try to analyse features and outcome of a few other paediatric CD4+/CD56+ hematodermic tumours as they are reported in the literature...
- Analysis of single nucleotide polymorphism C3435T of the multidrug resistance gene MDR1 in acute lymphoblastic leukemiaThomas Efferth
Virtual Campus Rhineland Palatinate, D 55126 Mainz, Germany
Int J Oncol 23:509-17. 2003..Homo- or heterozygosity did not correlate to survival of patients in the Kaplan-Meier analysis. In conclusion, we do not have reason to assume that the C3435T SNP contributes to drug resistance of ALL and prognosis of ALL patients...
- Position statement: immunomodulator therapy for inflammatory Bowel diseaseAlexandra Lavy
Department of Gastroenterology, Bnei Zion Medical Center and Technion Faculty of Medicine, Haifa, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 5:164-9. 2003
- Inflammatory bowel disease: management issues during pregnancySimone Ferrero
Dipartimento di Ostetricia e Ginecologia, Universita degli Studi di Genova, Padiglione 1, Ospedale San Martino, Largo R Benzi 1, 16132, Genova, Italy
Arch Gynecol Obstet 270:79-85. 2004..Inflammatory bowel disease often affects women during their reproductive years, causing management concerns for obstetricians caring for these patients during pregnancy...
- Results of the PETHEMA ALL-96 trial in elderly patients with Philadelphia chromosome-negative acute lymphoblastic leukemiaJuan Manuel Sancho
Clinical Hematology Department, Institut Català d Oncologia Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol, Badalona, Spain
Eur J Haematol 78:102-10. 2007..We present the results of treatment of Philadelphia chromosome-negative (Ph-) ALL patients over 55 yr treated in the PETHEMA ALL-96 trial...
- Exposure to thiopurine drugs through breast milk is low based on metabolite concentrations in mother-infant pairsSharon J Gardiner
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Christchurch Hospital and Christchurch School of Medicine, Christchurch, New Zealand
Br J Clin Pharmacol 62:453-6. 2006..To determine infant exposure to 6-thioguanine and 6-methylmercaptopurine nucleotides (6-TGN and 6-MMPN, respectively) during maternal use of azathioprine in breastfeeding...
- Protein expression of the glucocorticoid receptor in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemiaMelchior Lauten
Hannover Medical School, Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, 30625 Hannover, Germany
Haematologica 88:1253-8. 2003..The protein expression of the GR has been linked to in vivo and in vitro GC resistance in various diseases treated with GC. However, existing data are conflicting...
- [Reults of treatment with protocols BFM 90 and BFM 95]Meliha Sakić
Pedijatrijska klinika, KCU Sarajevo
Med Arh 60:369-72. 2006..Children treated in accordance to the protocol BFM 90 there were 24 % of the children who died, and 12,6 % of the children who were treated in accordance to the protocol 95 died...
- [Therapy of chronic inflammatory bowel diseases with azathioprine, 6-mercaptopurine and 6-thioguanine. Clinico-pharmacologic aspects]M Schwab
Dr Margarete Fischer Bosch Institut für Klinische Pharmakologie, Stuttgart
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 128:378-85. 2003
- Benign intracranial hypertension in association with acute lymphoblastic leukemiaJ Sastry
Department of Pediatric Oncology, Llandough Hospital, Cardiff, UK
Pediatr Hematol Oncol 20:157-60. 2003
- High survival rate in childhood non-Hodgkin lymphoma without CNS involvement: results of BFM 95 study in KuwaitHubert Mottl
Medical Oncology Department, Kuwait Cancer Control Centre, Shuwaikh, Kuwait
Pediatr Hematol Oncol 20:103-10. 2003..Six patients are in 1st CR and one died due to progression of disease. Despite the small group of patients, the results suggest that NHL BFM 95 protocol is highly effective and safe with regular supportive care...
- [The influence of age, gender and modifications of therapeutic protocols on physical development of children and adolescents after completion of therapy for acute lymphoblastic leukemia]Maryna Krawczuk-Rybak
Klinika Onkologii Dzieciecej Samodzielnego Publicznego Dzieciecego Szpitala Klinicznego AM w Białymstoku, Białystok, Poland
Endokrynol Diabetol Chor Przemiany Materii Wieku Rozw 9:41-7. 2003..Height and body mass index expressed as standard deviation score (SDS) in the time of diagnosis (H1 SDS, BMI1 SDS), after intensive therapy (H2 SDS, BMI2 SDS) and after 1.7+/-3.13 years from therapy (H3 SDS, BMI3 SDS) were assessed...
- [Results of the treatment of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia according to the Berlin-Moscow-91 protocol in 1991-2000]N V Miakova
Research Institute of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, Ministry of Health of the RF, Russian Children s Clinical Hospital, Moscow
Vopr Onkol 48:340-6. 2002..Toxic side-effects after L-asparaginase were reported in 27 (7.9%). It is concluded that good results in childhood ALL treatment can be achieved without resorting to high-dosage chemotherapy and radiation in most cases...
- Methotrexate polyglutamation may lack prognostic significance in children with B-cell precursor acute lymphoblastic leukemia treated with intensive oral methotrexateElpis Mantadakis
Pediatric Hematology Oncology Clinic, PEPAGNI University Hospital of Iraklio, Crete, Greece
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 24:636-42. 2002....
- [The results of a multicenter trial of acute lymphoblastic leukemia treatment on ALL-MB 91/ALL-BFM 90m in children: analysis of efficacy and toxicity]A I Karachunskiĭ
Ter Arkh 79:19-26. 2007..A comparative analysis of efficacy and toxicity of two chemotherapy regimens: standard German protocol ALL-BFM 90m and less intensive original test protocol ALL-MB 91 in a multicenter trial of acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) in children...
- Leucopenia resulting from a drug interaction between azathioprine or 6-mercaptopurine and mesalamine, sulphasalazine, or balsalazideP W Lowry
Division of Gastroenterology, Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Department of Pharmacology, and Section of Biostatistics, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Gut 49:656-64. 2001....
- [Primary study of relationship between serum level of VEGF and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in children and adolescent patients]Yi Xia
Department of Medical Oncology, Cancer Center, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, Guangdong, 510060, P R China
Ai Zheng 23:1448-50. 2004..This study was to investigate the serum level of VEGF in children and adolescent patients with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL)...
- Efficacy of conventional immunosuppressive drugs in IBDR Caprilli
GI Unit, Department of Clinical Science, University of Rome La Sapienza, Viale del Policlinico 155, 00161 Rome, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 36:766-80. 2004..Various factors may account for this change of view. Aim of the present review was to summarise key information currently available regarding the use of immunosuppressive drugs in the treatment of inflammatory bowel disease...
- The clinical impact of thiopurine methyltransferase polymorphisms on thiopurine treatmentS A Coulthard
University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Northern Institute for Cancer Research, Medical School, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Nucleosides Nucleotides Nucleic Acids 23:1385-91. 2004..An overview of the polymorphisms identified to date, their implication on the metabolism of the thiopurine drugs and therapeutic importance will be discussed...
- [Efficacy of modified BFM-90 regimen on children and adolescents with T cell lymphoblastic lymphoma: a report of 20 cases]Xiao Fei Sun
Department of Medical Oncology, Cancer Center, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, Guangdong 510060, P R China
Ai Zheng 23:1687-91. 2004..BFM-90 regimen for lymphoblastic lymphoma is one of the most effective regimens. This study was designed to evaluate efficacy and toxicities of modified BFM-90 regimen on Chinese children and adolescents with lymphoblastic lymphoma...
- [Treatment results in children with standard-risk acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Report of the Polish Pediatric Leukemia/Lymphoma Study Group]Katarzyna Derwich
Katedra i Klinika Onkologii, Hematologii i Transplantologii Pediatrycznej Akademii Medycznej w Poznaniu
Przegl Lek 61:49-52. 2004..77 (0.02) and 0.79 (0.02), respectively. Application of high dose of methotrexate is effective in prevention of relapses, especially meningeal and testicular involvement...
- Review article: monitoring of immunomodulators in inflammatory bowel diseaseF N Aberra
Department of Medicine, Center for Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 3400 Spruce Street, 3rd Floor Ravdin Building, Philadelphia, PA 19104 4283, USA
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 21:307-19. 2005..This review provides the latest information for clinicians on efficacy, side-effects, dosing and monitoring of these medications for treatment of inflammatory bowel disease...
- p16 inactivation associated with aggressive clinical course and fatal outcome in TEL/AML1-positive acute lymphoblastic leukemiaStefanos I Papadhimitriou
Hematology Laboratory, G Gennimatas Athens Regional General Hospital, Athens, Greece
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 27:675-7. 2005....
- The thiopurines: an updateSally Coulthard
Leukaemia Research Group, Northern Institute for Cancer Research, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 4HH, UK
Invest New Drugs 23:523-32. 2005..A possible relationship between TPMT and secondary malignancies is also reviewed...
- Membranous glomerulopathy in children given allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantationSilverio Perrotta
Department of Pediatrics, Second University of Naples, Italy
Haematologica 90:ECR31. 2005..Therefore, we strongly suggest regular urine analysis during the follow-up of children undergoing HSCT in order to diagnose MG early...
- T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia relapsing as acute myelogenous leukemiaElpis Mantadakis
Department of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, University Hospital of Heraklion, Heraklion, Crete, Greece
Pediatr Blood Cancer 48:354-7. 2007..This report suggests that a subset of CD7+ T-cell leukemias without mature T-cell antigens (CD4-, CD8-) are minimally differentiated and can relapse as AML...
- Next steps on the thiopurine methyltransferase 6-thioguanine nucleotide pathwayRichard B Colletti
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 43:282-3. 2006
- Symptomatic hypoglycemia in children receiving oral purine analogues for treatment of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemiaOttavio Ziino
Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Ospedale dei Bambini G Di Cristina, Palermo, Italy
Med Pediatr Oncol 39:32-4. 2002..We have found that spontaneous, symptomatic hypoglycemia (SH) may also occur in such patients...
- The analysis of correlations between drug resistance and clinical/laboratory measures found in a group of children with all treated by ALL-BFM 90 protocolVladimir Mihal
Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, Palacky University and Faculty Hospital, Olomouc, Czech Republic
Bull Cancer 91:E80-9. 2004....
- Severe neurotoxicities in a case of Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type 2 caused by vincristine for acute lymphoblastic leukemiaTakuro Nishikawa
Department of Pediatrics, Kagoshima City Hospital, Kagoshima University Graduate School of Medical, Kagoshima, Japan
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 30:519-21. 2008..VCR has previously been considered to be relatively safe in CMT type 2, however, some patients with CMT type 2 might show severe neurologic toxicities, as seen in patients with CMT type 1...
- Long-term results of the AIEOP-ALL-95 Trial for Childhood Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia: insight on the prognostic value of DNA index in the framework of Berlin-Frankfurt-Muenster based chemotherapyMaurizio Arico
Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Ospedale dei Bambini G Di Cristina, Palermo, Italy
J Clin Oncol 26:283-9. 2008..The prognostic value of DNA index was explored in this setting...
- Thiopurine methyltransferase: should it be measured before commencing thiopurine drug therapy?Jeremy Sanderson
Departments of Purine Research and Gastroenterology, Guy s and St Thomas Hospitals, London SE1 7EH, UK
Ann Clin Biochem 41:294-302. 2004..This article reviews literature on the role of TPMT measurement prior to treatment with thiopurines and provides some guidance to the use of TPMT as a guide to tailoring thiopurine therapy...
- Utility of thiopurine methyltransferase genotyping and phenotyping, and measurement of azathioprine metabolites in the management of patients with autoimmune hepatitisMichael A Heneghan
Department of Gastroenterology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Hepatol 45:584-91. 2006..Our aims were to evaluate the role of TPMT genotyping and phenotyping and to examine 6-TG and 6-MMP metabolite levels in patients with AIH...
- General principles of medical therapy of inflammatory bowel diseaseSonia Friedman
Gastroenterology Division ASBII, Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 75 Francis Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Gastroenterol Clin North Am 33:191-208, viii. 2004..Finally, it provides a summary of the current accepted medical therapies for ulcerative colitis adn Crohn's disease and recommendations for using these medications in clinical practice...
- Parotid acinar cell carcinoma in a long-term survivor of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemiaDaniel Ka Leung Cheuk
Department of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong SAR, China
Pediatr Blood Cancer 50:636-9. 2008..Early recognition and complete resection is important for achieving a good outcome. Careful monitoring for recurrence or a third malignancy is needed...
- [Immunosuppressive therapy for inflammatory bowel disease: consensus by the Austrian working group on IBD]W Reinisch
Univ Klinik f Innere Medizin IV, Abteilung Gastroenterologie und Hepatologie, AKH Wien, Austria
Z Gastroenterol 42:1033-45; discussion 1046-7. 2004..The risk of malignancy using immunosuppressive drugs such as AZA is low and furthermore, especially AZA and 6-MP can be used rather safely during pregnancy...
- Role of treatment intensification in infants with acute lymphoblastic leukemia: results of two consecutive AIEOP studiesAndrea Biondi
Centro Ricerche Leucemie Infantili M Tettamanti, Clinica Pediatrica Università Milano Bicocca, Monza, Italy
Haematologica 91:534-7. 2006..The corresponding figures for patients treated in the ALL-91 high-risk protocol (reduced induction and nine blocks) were one of seven patients treated with chemotherapy only and none of two who were transplanted...
- Pharmacogenetics in inflammatory bowel diseaseMarie Pierik
Department of Gastro enterology, University of Hospital Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
World J Gastroenterol 12:3657-67. 2006..An effort should be made to collect genomic DNA from all patients enrolled in clinical drug trials after appropriate informed consent for pharmacogenetic studies...
- 5-aminosalicylate therapy is associated with higher 6-thioguanine levels in adults and children with inflammatory bowel disease in remission on 6-mercaptopurine or azathioprineScott Hande
Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Inflamm Bowel Dis 12:251-7. 2006..We tested the theory that coadministration of 5-ASA agents with AZA/6-MP results in higher 6-TGn levels in a large cohort of children and adults with CD or ulcerative colitis (UC)...
- [Benefits and risks of immunosuppression in chronic inflammatory bowel diseases]G Rogler
Klinik für Gastroenterologie und Hepatologie, Department für Innere Medizin, Universitäts Spital Zürich
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 133:1917-21. 2008
- High performance liquid chromatography analysis of hypoxanthine metabolism in mouse oocyte-cumulus cell complexes: effects of purine metabolic perturbantsS M Downs
Biology Department, Marquette University, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53233
Biol Reprod 50:1403-12. 1994..In addition, whereas metabolism favors conversion of IMP to adenyl nucleotides, synthesis of adenyl nucleotides by this route during the culture period is apparently not required for hypoxanthine-maintained meiotic arrest in vitro...
- IOIBD questionnaire on the clinical use of azathioprine, 6-mercaptopurine, cyclosporin A and methotrexate in the treatment of inflammatory bowel diseasesS G Meuwissen
International Organization for the Study of Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Department of Gastroenterology, University Hospital, Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 12:13-8. 2000....
- [Hospital spread of scabies from an immunocompromised patient with Norwegian scabies]H Iwasaki
First Department of Internal Medicine, Fukui Medical School, Japan
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 65:1194-9. 1991..The persons with scabies were treated with crotamiton liniment. The first scabies patient died of cardiac failure 1 month after falling into a coma.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Appropriateness of immunosuppressive drugs in inflammatory bowel diseases assessed by RAND method: Italian Group for IBD (IG-IBD) position statementR Caprilli
Promoter Centre, GI Unit, Department of Clinical Science, University of Rome La Sapienza, Viale del Policlinico 155, 00161 Rome, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 37:407-17. 2005..Despite the explosion of biological therapies, the old immunosuppressants continue to play a pivotal role in the management of inflammatory bowel diseases...
- [Pellagra]Palokinam T Pitche
Service de Dermatologie, CHU Tokoin, Faculté de médecine et de pharmacie de Lomé, BP 81056 Lomé, Togo
Sante 15:205-8. 2005..The prevention is based in the nutritional education (food sources of niacin: eggs, bran, peanuts, meat, poultry, fish, red meat, legumes and seeds), and the eviction of alcohol...
- Therapeutic drug monitoring of azathioprine and 6-mercaptopurine metabolites in Crohn diseaseJ Belaiche
Service de Gastroenterologie, CHU Sart Tilman, Liege, Belgium
Scand J Gastroenterol 36:71-6. 2001..The aims of the study were to evaluate the RBC 6TGN concentrations in adult patients with CD under long-term AZA/6-MP therapy and to correlate it with response to treatment and haematological parameters...
- Perioperative treatment with infliximab in patients with Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis is not associated with an increased rate of postoperative complicationsHiroko Kunitake
Department of Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital, 15 Parkman Street, ACC 460, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 12:1730-6; discussion 1736-7. 2008..We examined a large patient cohort to clarify whether a relationship exists between IFX and postoperative complications...
- The fidelity of replication of the three-base-pair set adenine/thymine, hypoxanthine/cytosine and 6-thiopurine/5-methyl-2-pyrimidinone with T7 DNA polymeraseHarry P Rappaport
Biology Department, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA 19122, USA
Biochem J 381:709-17. 2004..The level of fidelity of replication of the three base pairs with T7 DNA polymerase suggests that they are adequate for a three-base-pair alphabet for DNA replication...
- Methotrexate compared with mercaptopurine for early induced abortionA R Davis
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
Obstet Gynecol 93:904-9. 1999..To compare the antimetabolites methotrexate and 6-mercaptopurine as single-agent medical abortifacients using clinical and immunohistochemical analyses...
- Human thiopurine methyltransferase: molecular cloning and expression of T84 colon carcinoma cell cDNAR Honchel
Department of Pharmacology, Mayo Medical School, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905
Mol Pharmacol 43:878-87. 1993..Cloning of cDNA for this important drug-metabolizing enzyme may make it possible to define the molecular basis of the TPMT genetic polymorphism in humans...
- Thioguanine, mercaptopurine: their analogs and nucleosides as antimetabolitesGalal H Elgemeie
Chemistry Department, Faculty of Science, Helwan University, Ain Helwan, Cairo, Egypt
Curr Pharm Des 9:2627-42. 2003..This review will focus on mercaptopurine analogs and their nucleosides as antimetabolite agents...
- Hypersensitivity reactions to chemotherapeutic drugsGillian M Shepherd
Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY, USA
Clin Rev Allergy Immunol 24:253-62. 2003..Reaction rates may vary with different forms of the drugs, e.g. pegylated. Occasionally excipients such as Cremaphor EL may induce hypersensitivity reactions...
- On the effect of thalidomide on Mycobacterium avium subspecies paratuberculosis in cultureRobert J Greenstein
VAMC Bronx NY 112, 130 West Kingsbridge Rd, Bronx, NY 10468, USA
Int J Infect Dis 13:e254-63. 2009..We herein test the hypothesis that thalidomide may inhibit MAP growth...
- Pharmacokinetic and phase I study of intravenous DON (6-diazo-5-oxo-L-norleucine) in childrenM P Sullivan
Division of Pediatrics, University of Texas M D Anderson Hospital and Tumor Institute, Houston 77030
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 21:78-84. 1988..Further trials using DON in combination with thiopurines or other agents appear indicated...
- Azathioprine formulation optimizes metabolite profile in inflammatory bowel diseaseT Stevens
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Center for Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, OH 44195, USA
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 20:601-6. 2004..Recent studies have suggested that mercaptopurine metabolism is influenced by drug formulation (mercaptopurine vs. azathioprine) and concomitant use of 5-aminosalicylic acid medications...
- Mutation of leucine-92 selectively reduces the apparent affinity of inosine, guanosine, NBMPR [S6-(4-nitrobenzyl)-mercaptopurine riboside] and dilazep for the human equilibrative nucleoside transporter, hENT1Christopher J Endres
Department of Pharmaceutics, University of Washington, Box 357610, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Biochem J 380:131-7. 2004....
- Antitumor activity of sugar-modified cytosine nucleosidesAkira Matsuda
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Hokkaido University, Kita ku, Sapporo 060 0812, Japan
Cancer Sci 95:105-11. 2004....
- Utilisation of erythrocyte 6-thioguanine metabolite levels to optimise azathioprine therapy in patients with inflammatory bowel diseaseC Cuffari
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Paediatrics, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Gut 48:642-6. 2001..Measurement of erythrocyte 6-TG metabolite levels has been proposed as a useful clinical tool for assessing treatment efficacy in patients with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)...
- Allopurinol might improve response to azathioprine and 6-mercaptopurine by correcting an unfavorable metabolite ratioSharon J Gardiner
Department of Medicine, University of Otago, Christchurch, New Zealand
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 26:49-54. 2011..The aim of the present study was to investigate the effect of allopurinol on concentrations of 6-MMPN and 6-TGN in individuals with a high ratio of these metabolites (>20), which is indicative of a poor thiopurine response...
- Factors affecting recurrence after surgery for Crohn's diseaseTakayuki Yamamoto
Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center and Department of Surgery, Yokkaichi Social Insurance Hospital, 10 8 Hazuyamacho, Yokkaichi, Mie 510 0016, Japan
World J Gastroenterol 11:3971-9. 2005..A wider anastomotic technique after resection may reduce the post-operative recurrence rate, though this should be investigated with prospective randomized controlled trials...
- Cost-effectiveness of 5-aminosalicylic acid therapy for maintenance of remission in ulcerative colitisEugene F Yen
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 0538, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 103:3094-105. 2008..The relative benefits and costs of maintenance 5-ASA therapy are uncertain. Our aims were to evaluate this strategy's potential cost-effectiveness...
- 6-Mercaptopurine attenuates adhesive molecules in experimental vasospasmChih Zen Chang
Graduate Institute of Medicine, College of Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan, Republic of China
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 152:861-7. 2010..The present study was to examine whether levels of adhesion molecules were altered after treatment with 6-mp in this animal model...
- Childhood acute promyelocytic leukemia: no benefit of all-trans-retinoic acid administered in a short-course scheduleP A Zubizarreta
Hematology Oncology Department, Hospital de Pediatria SAMIC Professor Dr J P Garrahan, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Pediatr Hematol Oncol 17:155-62. 2000..Moreover, survival results did not improve with this method of ATRA usage. Longer periods of ATRA administration during APL therapy are strongly recommended...
- Indicators of clinical response to treatment with six-mercaptopurine or azathioprine in patients with inflammatory bowel diseaseJean Paul Achkar
Center for Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Departments of Gastroenterology and Biostatistics, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Inflamm Bowel Dis 10:339-45. 2004..The purpose of this study was to assess the relation between clinical response, 6-mercaptopurine metabolite levels, relative leukopenia, and drug dose...
- Residues Met89 and Ser160 in the human equilibrative nucleoside transporter 1 affect its affinity for adenosine, guanosine, S6-(4-nitrobenzyl)-mercaptopurine riboside, and dipyridamoleChristopher J Endres
Department of Pharmaceutics, Box 357610, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Mol Pharmacol 67:837-44. 2005..In contrast, Ser160 and Met89 of hENT1, respectively, play a dominant role in conferring sensitivity to dipyridamole and adenosine/guanosine affinity...
- [Treatment of chronic inflammatory bowel diseases]Marc Lemann
Service de Gastroenterologie, Hopital Saint Louis, 1 avenue Claude Vellefaux, 75010 Paris
Bull Acad Natl Med 191:1125-41; discussion 1141. 2007..The choice of maintenance therapy depends on the nature of the disease (HRC or CD) and its progressive nature. Surgery is reserved for patients with complicated and drug-resistant forms...
- Utility of measuring 6-methylmercaptopurine and 6-thioguanine nucleotide levels in managing inflammatory bowel disease patients treated with 6-mercaptopurine in a clinical practice settingHoussam E Mardini
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Shadyside, Pennsylvania 15232, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 36:390-5. 2003..A 6-MMP level of >5,700 pmol/8 x 108 RBCs has been reported to be associated with an increased frequency of abnormal results of liver function tests (LFTs)...
- Early hepatic nodular hyperplasia and submicroscopic fibrosis associated with 6-thioguanine therapy in inflammatory bowel diseaseStephen A Geller
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 28:1204-11. 2004..6-TG-related hepatotoxicity, including liver biochemistry value elevations, sinusoidal collagen deposition on electron microscopy, and veno-occlusive disease, have been described related to its use as therapy for neoplastic disease...
- Adverse drug reactions to azathioprine therapy are associated with polymorphism in the gene encoding inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase (ITPase)Anthony M Marinaki
Purine Research Laboratory, Department of Chemical Pathology and Department of Gastroenterology, Guy s and St Thomas Hospital, London, UK
Pharmacogenetics 14:181-7. 2004..5, 95% CI 1.4-21.3, P = 0.0206). Polymorphism in the ITPA gene predicts AZA intolerance. Alternative immunosuppressive drugs, particularly 6-thioguanine, should be considered for AZA-intolerant patients with ITPase deficiency...
- Meta-analysis of risk of malignancy with immunosuppressive drugs in inflammatory bowel diseaseYukari Masunaga
Student, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Department of Pharmacy, Hatsudai Rehabilitation Hospital, Tokyo
Ann Pharmacother 41:21-8. 2007..There is a concern as to whether long-term administration of immunosuppressants in patients with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) would increase the risk of malignancy...
- [Otoacoustic emissions measurements in children during the chemotherapy because of the acute lymphoblastic leukemia]Grazyna Lisowska
Katedra i Oddział Kliniczny Laryngologii w Zabrzu Sl AM w Katowicach
Otolaryngol Pol 60:415-20. 2006....
- [Second neoplasm in a 13-year-old boy complicated by Crohn's disease. Case report]Joanna Nurzyńska-Flak
Klinika Hematologii i Onkologii Dzieciecej, Dzieciecy Szpital Kliniczny, Chodzki 2, 20 093 Lublin, Poland
Med Wieku Rozwoj 8:839-45. 2004..Steroid therapy (prednisone) continued until the treatment supporting the remission according to Protocol ALLIC 2002 (mercaptopurine, methotrexate orally) was initiated...
- Autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in adult acute lymphoblastic leukemia: still not out of fashionMichael Doubek
Department of Internal Medicine Hematooncology, University Hospital in Brno and Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
Ann Hematol 88:881-7. 2009....
- [Refractory anemia with excess myeloblast in transformation induced remission by combined oral administration of cytarabine ocfosfate and 6-mercaptopurine]S Fukumi
Dept of Internal Medicine I, Daisan Hospital, Jikei University School of Medicine
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 22:945-8. 1995..Observation suggested that oral SPAC in combination with 6-mercaptopurine had a good antileukemic effect on the myelodysplastic syndrome. However, the duration response was short, and further improvement of the therapy is needed...
- Renal cellular transport, metabolism, and cytotoxicity of S-(6-purinyl)glutathione, a prodrug of 6-mercaptopurine, and analoguesL H Lash
Department of Pharmacology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 54:1341-9. 1997..Administration of 6-PG may be an effective means of treating renal tumors or suppressing renal transplant rejection...
- The use of nucleotide analogs to evaluate the mechanism of the heterotropic response of Escherichia coli aspartate transcarbamoylaseJ B Sakash
Department of Chemistry, Merkert Chemistry Center, Boston College, Massachusetts 02467, USA
Protein Sci 9:53-63. 2000....
- Cholestatic hepatocellular injury with azathioprine: a case report and review of the mechanisms of hepatotoxicityJ Romagnuolo
Department of Gastroenterology, University of Alberta, Edmonton
Can J Gastroenterol 12:479-83. 1998....
- Improved outcome in multisystem Langerhans cell histiocytosis is associated with therapy intensificationHelmut Gadner
Children s Cancer Research Institute, St Anna Children s Hospital, Vienna, Austria
Blood 111:2556-62. 2008..042). We conclude that intensified treatment significantly increases rapid response and reduces mortality in risk MS-LCH. This trial was registered at http://www.controlled-trials.com as no. ISRCTN57679341...
- MOLECULAR CORRELATES OF METHOTREXATE IN CHILDHOOD ALLLarry Matherly; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Function of the MRP FamilyGARY KRUH; Fiscal Year: 2006..These experiments should provide a more complete picture of the potential for this complex family of unusual pumps to impact cancer treatment. ..
- Ethnic Differences in Survival after Childhood ALLSmita Bhatia; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Ethnic Differences in Survival after Childhood ALLSmita Bhatia; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Ethnic Differences in Survival after Childhood ALLSmita Bhatia; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Ethnic Differences in Survival after Childhood ALLSmita Bhatia; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Ethnic Differences in Survival after Childhood ALLSmita Bhatia; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- MOLECULAR CORRELATES OF METHOTREXATE IN CHILDHOOD ALLLarry Matherly; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- MOLECULAR CORRELATES OF METHOTREXATE IN CHILDHOOD ALLLarry Matherly; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- CORTICOSTEROID CONJUGATES OF NUCLEOSIDE ANTITUMOR AGENTSCHUNG HONG; Fiscal Year: 1980..After the LD50 in mice of the active compounds has been determined, they will be sent to the National Cancer Institute for further testing in routine animal cancer models...
- ROLE OF CYCLOSPORINE METABOLISM IN TRANSPLANTATIONNEIL LEMPERT; Fiscal Year: 1990....
- MOLECULAR CORRELATES OF METHOTREXATE IN CHILDHOOD ALLLarry Matherly; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- MOLECULAR CORRELATES OF METHOTREXATE IN CHILDHOOD ALLLarry Matherly; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- SYNTHESIS/KINETICS/DNA METAL INTERACTION AND BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY OF TITANOCENEENRIQUE MELENDEX; Fiscal Year: 2000..This proposal was originally submitted a part of the MBRS program at the InterAmerican University of Puerto Rico but the PI was relocated to UPRM. ..
- SYNTHESIS/KINETICS/DNA METAL INTERACTION AND BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY OF TITANOCENEENRIQUE MELENDEX; Fiscal Year: 1999..This proposal was originally submitted a part of the MBRS program at the InterAmerican University of Puerto Rico but the PI was relocated to UPRM. ..
- EFFICACY ON IV LOADING OF AZATHIOPRINS IN CHILDREN INFLAMMATORY BOWEL DISEASEHOWARD KADER; Fiscal Year: 1999..The other patient had a decrease in her ESR and her perianal fistula is now granulating/healing. The latter patient developed a mild URI for 2 weeks which resolved without changes in her medications or evidence of leukopenia. ..
- ANTIMETABOLITE SELECTIVITY--REGIONAL RX/MODULATIONWilliam Ensminger; Fiscal Year: 1990....
- LEUKEMIC CELL INHIBITION AND MATURATION BY ETHER LIPIDSLARRY DANIEL; Fiscal Year: 1990..Thus, lipid mediators of cell differentiation which stimulate or inhibit protein kinase C will be of great value in determining the mechanism of cell proliferation as well as potentially important therapeutic compounds...
- TRANSCRIPTIONAL CONTROL OF INFLAMMATION IN PANCREATITISBrent Neuschwander Tetri; Fiscal Year: 1999..Only with such detailed mechanistic information will specific prevention and treatment strategies be possible for acute pancreatitis, both drug-induced and otherwise. ..
- PHARMACOGENOMICS OF CHILDHOOD LEUKEMIA (ALL)William Evans; Fiscal Year: 2005..These findings will continue to provide important new insights into the genomic determinants of treatment failure and point to novel targets for developing strategies to overcome drug resistance in childhood ALL. ..
- PHARMACOGENOMICS OF CHILDHOOD LEUKEMIA (ALL)William Evans; Fiscal Year: 2006..These findings will continue to provide important new insights into the genomic determinants of treatment failure and point to novel targets for developing strategies to overcome drug resistance in childhood ALL. ..
- PHARMACOGENOMICS OF CHILDHOOD LEUKEMIA (ALL)William Evans; Fiscal Year: 2009..These findings will continue to provide important new insights into the genomic determinants of treatment failure and point to novel targets for developing strategies to overcome drug resistance in childhood ALL. ..
- PHARMACOGENOMICS OF CHILDHOOD LEUKEMIA (ALL)William Evans; Fiscal Year: 2009
- PHARMACOGENOMICS OF CHILDHOOD LEUKEMIA (ALL)William Evans; Fiscal Year: 2007
- PHARMACOKINETICS IN DISEASE STATESLeslie Benet; Fiscal Year: 1980..Assay techniques will be developed to measure specifically indomethacin and its metabolites in both biological tissues and fluids. ..
- Multi-site Trial of Azathioprine Dosing in Crohn DiseaseStephen Hanauer; Fiscal Year: 2004..Predictive models will be performed to assess responsiveness based upon initial and inducible TPMT activity and achievable 6-TGN and 6-MMPR metabolite based upon incremental AZA dosing. ..
- Multi-site Trial of Azathioprine Dosing in Crohn DiseaseStephen Hanauer; Fiscal Year: 2003..Predictive models will be performed to assess responsiveness based upon initial and inducible TPMT activity and achievable 6-TGN and 6-MMPR metabolite based upon incremental AZA dosing. ..
- ORAL MP VS ORAL TG & IT MTX VS IT MTX & CYTARABINE & HYDROCORTISONE FDiane Puccetti; Fiscal Year: 1999..Another specific aim is to determine whether CSF terminal deoxynucleotidyl transferase (TdT) positivity is predictive of CNS or BM relapse in children whose CSF contains low WBC and suspicious blasts during maintenance. ..
- ORAL MP VS ORAL TG & IT MTX VS IT MTX & CYTARABINE & HYDROCORTISONE FDiane Puccetti; Fiscal Year: 2000..Another specific aim is to determine whether CSF terminal deoxynucleotidyl transferase (TdT) positivity is predictive of CNS or BM relapse in children whose CSF contains low WBC and suspicious blasts during maintenance. ..
- METABOLIC ENHANCEMENT OF 5-FLUOROURACIL CHEMOTHERAPYDonald Kufe; Fiscal Year: 1980..These studies are important in terms of providing a rational basis for the guidance of future clinical trials with 5-FU. ..
- Function of the MRP FamilyGARY KRUH; Fiscal Year: 2002..These experiments should provide a more complete picture of the potential for this complex family of unusual pumps to impact cancer treatment. ..
- Function of the MRP FamilyGARY KRUH; Fiscal Year: 2005..These experiments should provide a more complete picture of the potential for this complex family of unusual pumps to impact cancer treatment. ..
- Function of the MRP FamilyGARY KRUH; Fiscal Year: 2005
- Function of the MRP FamilyGARY KRUH; Fiscal Year: 2003
- Function of the MRP FamilyGARY KRUH; Fiscal Year: 2006
- Function of the MRP FamilyGARY KRUH; Fiscal Year: 2003
- Function of the MRP FamilyGARY KRUH; Fiscal Year: 2002
- REGULATION OF METABOLISM BY PURINE INTERCONVERSIONSFREDERICK RUDOLPH; Fiscal Year: 1980..Additional studies under this project include kinetic investigations of gamma-glutamylcystine synthetase, pyruvate carboxylase and aspartase...
- Enhancement of Antileukemic Activity by Gold NanoparticlesNICHOLAS ALEXANDER KOTOV; Fiscal Year: 2010..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: Development of Au NPs for drug delivery of 6-MPR can substantially improve treatment of leukemia and reduce side-effects. The anticancer agent will also have longer span of activity and better efficacy. ..
- Enhancement of Antileukemic Activity by Gold NanoparticlesNicholas Kotov; Fiscal Year: 2009..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: Development of Au NPs for drug delivery of 6-MPR can substantially improve treatment of leukemia and reduce side-effects. The anticancer agent will also have longer span of activity and better efficacy. ..
- INTRACELLULAR RBC PHARMACOKINETICS OF THIOPURINES IN ALLGary Erdmann; Fiscal Year: 1999..This group will determine if IV 6-TG affords a better systemic drug exposure by quantifying intracellular thiopurine metabolite concentration in RBCs and whether these concentrations correlate with EFS. ..
- IMP Dehydrogenase and the Hydra of Cancer ChemotherapyGEORGE MARKHAM; Fiscal Year: 2007..These results will reveal the inner working of an essential enzyme and whether there is promise for enhancing clinical efficacy through combinations of known drugs or the discovery of novel subdomain ligands. ..
- HPEPT1 IN INTESTINAL INFLAMMATIONDidier Merlin; Fiscal Year: 2009..New therapeutic strategies based on a better understanding of the pathogenesis of IBD will improve the clinical care of patients with this disorder ..
- HPEPT1 IN INTESTINAL INFLAMMATIONDidier Merlin; Fiscal Year: 2009..New therapeutic strategies based on a better understanding of the pathogenesis of IBD will improve the clinical care of patients with this disorder. ..
- Pharmacogenomics of a Cytidine Analogue, GemcitabineLiewei Wang; Fiscal Year: 2009..Therefore, the proposed studies will provide an ideal "Transition Career Development" path to extend her pharmacogenomic studies of antineoplastic drugs and to make it possible for her to submit a future R01 Cancer Research grant. ..
- Pharmacogenomics of a Cytidine Analogue, GemcitabineLiewei Wang; Fiscal Year: 2010..Therefore, the proposed studies will provide an ideal "Transition Career Development" path to extend her pharmacogenomic studies of antineoplastic drugs and to make it possible for her to submit a future R01 Cancer Research grant. ..
- IMP Dehydrogenase and the Hydra of Cancer ChemotherapyGEORGE MARKHAM; Fiscal Year: 2006..These results will reveal the inner working of an essential enzyme and whether there is promise for enhancing clinical efficacy through combinations of known drugs or the discovery of novel subdomain ligands. ..
- IMP Dehydrogenase and the Hydra of Cancer ChemotherapyGEORGE MARKHAM; Fiscal Year: 2005..These results will reveal the inner working of an essential enzyme and whether there is promise for enhancing clinical efficacy through combinations of known drugs or the discovery of novel subdomain ligands. ..
- PHARMACOLOGIC STUDIES OF ACUTE LYMPHOBLASTIC LEUKEMIABarton Kamen; Fiscal Year: 1993..At the time of relapse the patient and the leukemic blasts will be studied with reference to MTX and 6-MP metabolism...
- MRP4 IN DRUG SENSITIVITY AND PHYSIOLOGYJohn Schuetz; Fiscal Year: 2005..Cumulatively, these studies will increase our knowledge of this increasingly important ABC transporter and provide insight into how Mrp4 plays a role in hematopoietic cells and the liver ..
- DRUG METABOLISM IN CHILDHOOD CANCERWilliam Evans; Fiscal Year: 1999....
- INHERITED VARIATIONS IN DRUG METABOLIZING ENZYMESRichard Weinshilboum; Fiscal Year: 1980....
- MRP4 IN DRUG SENSITIVITY AND PHYSIOLOGYJohn Schuetz; Fiscal Year: 2007..Cumulatively, these studies will increase our knowledge of this increasingly important ABC transporter and provide insight into how Mrp4 plays a role in hematopoietic cells and the liver [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MRP4 IN DRUG SENSITIVITY AND PHYSIOLOGYJohn Schuetz; Fiscal Year: 2004..Cumulatively, these studies will increase our knowledge of this increasingly important ABC transporter and provide insight into how Mrp4 plays a role in hematopoietic cells and the liver ..
- MRP4 IN DRUG SENSITIVITY AND PHYSIOLOGYJohn Schuetz; Fiscal Year: 2006..Cumulatively, these studies will increase our knowledge of this increasingly important ABC transporter and provide insight into how Mrp4 plays a role in hematopoietic cells and the liver [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MINORITY BIOMEDICAL SUPPORTDEIRDRE COHN; Fiscal Year: 1980..g. 6-mercaptopurine, metrazol, valium) indicates the need for biological testing. Central nervous system activity assays will be conducted and samples will be submitted to the National Cancer Institute for anti-tumor screening...
- IMMUNOMODULATION IN INFLAMMATORY BOWEL DISEASEBRUCE SANDS; Fiscal Year: 2003..The principal investigator seeks to become an independent clinical investigator by completing the didactic and scientific portions of this proposal. ..
- PILOT STUDY FOR A 'NEW ONSET CROHN'S INTERVENTION STUDY'BRUCE SANDS; Fiscal Year: 1999..abstract_text> ..
- LIPOSOMES AS IN VIVO DRUG/THIOPURINE NUCLEOTIDES PRODRUGC Hunt; Fiscal Year: 1980..we will seek answers to these questions: What is the practical upper limit for the amount of prodrug incorporated into a given liposome type? Will the observed pharmacokinetics be dependent on the properties of the encapsulated agents? ..
- IMMUNOMODULATION IN INFLAMMATORY BOWEL DISEASEBRUCE SANDS; Fiscal Year: 2000..The principal investigator seeks to become an independent clinical investigator by completing the didactic and scientific portions of this proposal. ..
- PEDIATRIC ONCOLOGY GROUPV Whitehead; Fiscal Year: 1990..Dr. Penny Koch is a member of the Bone Marrow Transplant Core Committee. Susan Kajaks is a member of the Data Managers Core Committee...
- IMMUNOMODULATION IN INFLAMMATORY BOWEL DISEASEBRUCE SANDS; Fiscal Year: 2001..The principal investigator seeks to become an independent clinical investigator by completing the didactic and scientific portions of this proposal. ..
- IMMUNOMODULATION IN INFLAMMATORY BOWEL DISEASEBRUCE SANDS; Fiscal Year: 2004
- PILOT STUDY FOR A 'NEW ONSET CROHN'S INTERVENTION STUDY'BRUCE SANDS; Fiscal Year: 2000..abstract_text> ..
- IMMUNOMODULATION IN INFLAMMATORY BOWEL DISEASEBRUCE SANDS; Fiscal Year: 2002