Summary: An organothiophosphorus cholinesterase inhibitor that is used as a systemic and contact insecticide.
Publications184 found, 100 shown here
- Effects of acute dimethoate administration on antioxidant status of liver and brain of experimental ratsYukti Sharma
Department of Forensic Medicine and Toxicology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi 110029, India
Toxicology 206:49-57. 2005..The present study demonstrates effect of acute exposure of dimethoate in causation of oxidative stress in male Wistar rats...
- Dimethoate-induced effects on antioxidant status of liver and brain of rats following subchronic exposureYukti Sharma
Department of Forensic Medicine and Toxicology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi 110029, India
Toxicology 215:173-81. 2005b>Dimethoate, an organophosphate pesticide, is used in controlling the pests of a variety of crops...
- Effect of organophosphorus (dimethoate) and pyrethroid (deltamethrin) pesticides on semen characteristics in rabbitsM H Salem
Department of Animal Production, Faculty of Agriculture, Alexandria University, Egypt
J Environ Sci Health B 23:279-90. 1988The present study was undertaken to determine the effect of chronic treatment with two sublethal doses of Dimethoate (organo-phosphorus) or Deltamethrin (pyrethroid) on body weight and semen characteristics in adult male rabbits...
- Host plant-induced changes in detoxification enzymes and susceptibility to pesticides in the twospotted spider mite (Acari: Tetranychidae)X Yang
Department of Entomology, Kansas State University, Manhattan 66506-4004, USA
J Econ Entomol 94:381-7. 2001..Mites on cucumber also were more susceptible to the organophosphate dimethoate than were mites on lima bean, but only after 7 d on the host...
- Resistance-associated point mutations of organophosphate insensitive acetylcholinesterase, in the olive fruit fly Bactrocera oleaeJ G Vontas
Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, Pembroke Place, Liverpool L3 5QA, UK
Insect Mol Biol 11:329-36. 2002..This is the first agricultural pest where resistance has been associated with an alteration in AChE, which arises from point mutations located within the active site gorge of the enzyme...
- Response and recovery of acetylcholinesterase activity in freshwater shrimp, Paratya australiensis (Decapoda: Atyidae) exposed to selected anti-cholinesterase insecticidesA Kumar
Centre for Environmental Contaminants Research, CSIRO Land and Water, PMB 2, Urrbrae 5064, SA, Australia
Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 73:1503-10. 2010The toxicity of carbaryl, chlorpyrifos, dimethoate and profenofos to the freshwater shrimp, Paratya australiensis was assessed by measuring acetylcholinesterase (AChE) inhibition after 96h exposures...
- Analysis and integration of developmental neurotoxicity and ancillary data into risk assessment: a case study of dimethoateJohn M DeSesso
Noblis, Falls Church, Virginia 22042, USA
J Toxicol Environ Health A 72:94-109. 2009b>Dimethoate is an organophosphate (OP) pesticide used to control a wide variety of insects on agricultural crops and ornamentals...
- Assessing joint toxicity of chemicals in Enchytraeus albidus (Enchytraeidae) and Porcellionides pruinosus (Isopoda) using avoidance behaviour as an endpointSusana Loureiro
CESAM Centre for Environmental and Marine Studies and Department of Biology, University of Aveiro, 3810 193 Aveiro, Portugal
Environ Pollut 157:625-36. 2009..In the present study, single and mixture toxicity of atrazine, dimethoate, lindane, zinc and cadmium were tested in Porcellionides pruinosus and Enchytraeus albidus, using avoidance as ..
- Can avoidance in Enchytraeus albidus be used as a screening parameter for pesticides testing?Sara C Novais
CESAM and Department of Biology, University of Aveiro, 3810193 Aveiro, Portugal
Chemosphere 79:233-7. 2010..herbicides: phenmedipham and atrazine; (2) fungicides: carbendazim and pentachlorophenol; and (3) insecticides: dimethoate and lindane. All tested pesticides caused effects in the survival and reproduction of E...
- Protective effect of quercetin against oxidative stress caused by dimethoate in human peripheral blood lymphocytesBochra Gargouri
Unité de Biotechnologie et Pathologies, Institut Supérieur de Biotechnologie de Sfax, 3038 Tunisie
Lipids Health Dis 10:149. 2011The aim of this study is to investigate the effect of quercetin in alleviating the cytotoxic effects of Dimethoate in human peripheral blood lymphocytes.
- Influence of dimethoate on acetylcholinesterase activity and locomotor function in terrestrial isopodsElizabeth L Engenheiro
Instituto do Ambiente e Vida, Departamento de Zoologia, Universidade de Coimbra, Coimbra, Largo Marques de Pombal, 3004 517 Coimbra, Portugal
Environ Toxicol Chem 24:603-9. 2005..is to link biomarkers of different levels of biological organization in isopods exposed to increasing doses of dimethoate in semifield conditions...
- Use of benchmark dose and meta-analysis to determine the most sensitive endpoint for risk assessment for dimethoateRichard Reiss
Sciences International, Inc, Alexandria, VA 22304, USA
Regul Toxicol Pharmacol 43:55-65. 2005A meta-analysis of several rat toxicity studies for dimethoate was conducted to determine the most sensitive endpoint for use in risk assessment...
- Involvement of lipids in dimethoate-induced inhibition of testosterone biosynthesis in rat interstitial cellsMariana Astiz
Instituto de Investigaciones Bioquimicas de La Plata, CCT La Plata, CONICET UNLP, Catedra de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular, Facultad de Ciencias Medicas, Universidad Nacional de La Plata, calles 60 y 120, La Plata, Argentina
Lipids 44:703-18. 2009..involved in the inhibition of testosterone (Te) biosynthesis after a sub-chronic exposure to low doses of dimethoate (D) was studied in rat interstitial cells (IC)...
- Assessing dimethoate contamination in temperate and tropical climates: potential use of biomarkers in bioassays with two chironomid speciesInes Domingues
CESAM and Department of Biology, University of Aveiro, 3810 193 Aveiro, Portugal
Chemosphere 69:145-54. 2007..in tropical conditions (temperature and oxygen concentration) and of the organophosphorous (OP) insecticide dimethoate on biochemical and conventional endpoints was investigated. Results showed that K...
- Effects of dimethoate on spiders from metal pollution gradientAgnieszka Babczyńska
Department of Animal Physiology and Ecotoxicology, University of Silesia, Bankowa 9, 40 007 Katowice, Poland
Sci Total Environ 370:352-9. 2006..variously polluted meadows and, under laboratory conditions, intoxicated with either single or multiple dose of dimethoate (OP pesticide)...
- A biochemical, histochemical, and ultrastructural evaluation of the effect of dimethoate intoxication on rat pancreasHanan H Hagar
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, King Khalid University Hospital, King Saud University, P O Box 2925, Riyadh 11461, Saudi Arabia
Toxicol Lett 133:161-70. 2002..as ultrastructural changes that might occur in the pancreas of adult male Wistar rats as a result of chronic dimethoate intoxication...
- Effects of the pesticides carbofuran, chlorpyrifos, dimethoate, lindane, triallate, trifluralin, 2,4-D, and pentachlorophenol on the metabolic endocrine and reproductive endocrine system in ewesN C Rawlings
Department of Veterinary Physiological Sciences, Western College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada
J Toxicol Environ Health A 54:21-36. 1998..5 mg/kg), lindane (2.5 mg/kg), or pentachlorophenol (2 mg/kg) 2 times per week for 43 d. Dimethoate (0.2 mg/kg), carbofuran (0...
- Toxicity of dimethoate and fenoxycarb to honey bee brood (Apis mellifera), using a new in vitro standardized feeding methodPierrick Aupinel
Unité Expérimentale d Entomologie INRA Le Magneraud, BP 52 17700, Surgeres, France
Pest Manag Sci 63:1090-4. 2007..Larval mortality in control samples was lower than 10%. Two active substances were tested: dimethoate and fenoxycarb. The LD(50) of dimethoate was 1.9 microg larva(-1) 48 h after oral exposure of larvae at day 4...
- Early-life exposure to dimethoate-induced reproductive toxicity: evaluation of effects on pituitary-testicular axis of miceRuchna Verma
Department of Zoology, University of Allahabad, Allahabad 211002, Uttar Pradesh, India
Toxicol Sci 112:450-8. 2009In utero and lactational exposure to organophosphate dimethoate exerted toxic impact on the reproductive system of male mice. Pregnant mice were exposed to 4, 8, and 16 mg/kg of the pesticide, the sublethal doses (2...
- Plasmid-mediated dimethoate degradation in Pseudomonas aeruginosa MCMB-427N M Deshpande
Microbial Sciences Division, Agharkar Research Institute, G.G. Agharkar Road, Pune 411004, India
Lett Appl Microbiol 33:275-9. 2001AIMS: To investigate the genetics of dimethoate degradation in Pseudomonas aeruginosa MCMB-427. METHODS AND RESULTS: Pseudomonas aeruginosa MCMB-427 demonstrated the ability to degrade dimethoate, a synthetic organophosphate insecticide...
- Acute toxicity bioassay of dimethoate on freshwater airbreathing catfish, Heteropneustes fossilis (Bloch)Rakesh K Pandey
Department of Zoology, Kamla Nehru Institute of Physical and Social Sciences, Sultanpur, India
J Environ Biol 30:437-40. 2009..They finally reach the surrounding water bodies through surface runoff affecting the aquatic fauna. Dimethoate is frequently used organophosphate pesticide due to its high effectiveness and rapid breakdown into ..
- Method for determination of acephate, methamidophos, omethoate, dimethoate, ethylenethiourea and propylenethiourea in human urine using high-performance liquid chromatography-atmospheric pressure chemical ionization tandem mass spectrometryM Angela Montesano
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 4770 Buford Hwy NE, Mailstop F 17, Atlanta, Georgia 30341, USA
J Expo Sci Environ Epidemiol 17:321-30. 2007..urine-specific urinary biomarkers of the organophosphorus pesticides acephate, methamidophos, omethoate, dimethoate, and two metabolites from the fungicides alkylenebis-(dithiocarbamate) family: ethylenethiourea and ..
- Differences between organophosphorus insecticides in human self-poisoning: a prospective cohort studyMichael Eddleston
South Asian Clinical Toxicology Research Collaboration, Centre for Tropical Medicine, University of Oxford, Churchill Hospital, Oxford, UK
Lancet 366:1452-9. 2005..We aimed to determine whether the three most common organophosphorus insecticides used for self-poisoning in Sri Lanka differ in the clinical features and severity of poisoning they cause...
- Life stage specific impact of dimethoate on the predatory mite Hypoaspis aculeifer canestrini (Gamasida: Laelapidae)Lars Henrik Heckmann
National Environmental Research Institute, Department of Terrestrial Ecology, Vejlsøvej 25, P O Box 314, DK 8600 Silkeborg, Denmark
Environ Sci Technol 39:7154-7. 2005..To assess whether the juvenile life stages are the most susceptible, we examined the acute toxicity of dimethoate on larvae, protonymphs, deutonymphs, males, and females of H. aculeifer...
- Evidences for CYP3A4 autoactivation in the desulfuration of dimethoate by the human liverFranca M Buratti
Environment and Primary Prevention Department, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Viale Regina Elena 299, I 00161 Rome, Italy
Toxicology 241:33-46. 2007b>Dimethoate (DIM) is an organophosphorothionate (OPT) pesticide used worldwide as a systemic insecticide and acaricide...
- Solid-phase microextraction for gas chromatographic/mass spectrometric analysis of dimethoate in human biological samplesE Gallardo
Instituto de Medicina Legal, Servicio de Toxicología Forense, Universidad de Santiago de Compostela, San Francisco s n, 15782 Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 20:865-9. 2006A new, simple and rapid procedure for the determination of dimethoate in urine and blood samples was developed using direct immersion solid-phase microextraction and gas chromatography/mass spectrometry. This technique required only 0...
- Multiresidue determination of organophosphorus pesticides in ginkgo leaves by accelerated solvent extraction and gas chromatography with flame photometric detectionXionghai Yi
Institution of Agricultural Ecological and Environmental Toxicology, College of Agriculture and Biology, Qixin Rd 2678, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, People s Republic of China, 201101
J AOAC Int 88:729-35. 2005..2% with a relative standard deviation of 4.6%. The limits of detection ranged from 1.11 x 10(-3) mg/kg (dimethoate) to 4.44 x 10(-3) mg/kg (dichlorvos)...
- Enzymatic changes induced by some organophosphorus pesticides in female ratsSukhdeep Kaur
Department of Zoology and Fisheries, Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana 141 004, India
Indian J Exp Biol 42:1017-9. 2004An evaluation of toxic effects of three organophosphorus pesticides viz. monocrotophos, methyl parathion and dimethoate given orally daily for 90 days was done in terms of enzymatic changes in plasma and liver of female albino rats...
- Biochemical evidence that an S431F mutation in acetylcholinesterase-1 of Aphis gossypii mediates resistance to pirimicarb and omethoateJürgen Benting
Bayer CropScience AG, Research, Global Biology Insecticides, Alfred Nobel Str 50, D 40789 Monheim, Germany
Pest Manag Sci 60:1051-5. 2004..We conclude that AChE1 of A gossypii is the target of toxicological relevance of carbamates and organophosphates...
- Evaluation of skin and respiratory doses and urinary excretion of alkylphosphates in workers exposed to dimethoate during treatment of olive treesC Aprea
Laboratorio di Sanità Pubblica, Azienda USL 7, Strada del Ruffolo, Siena, Italy
Arch Environ Contam Toxicol 48:127-34. 2005This article describes a study of exposure to dimethoate during spraying of olive trees in Viterbo province in central Italy. Airborne concentrations of dimethoate were in the range 1.5 to 56.7 nmol/m(3)...
- Stimulus frequency dependence of the central and peripheral somatosensory evoked activity in rats treated with various pesticidesAndrea Szabo
Department of Public Health, Faculty of Medicine, University of Szeged, Dom ter 10, H 6720 Szeged, Hungary
Acta Biol Hung 56:205-14. 2005..In acute administration, 1/5 LD50 of the three insecticides: dimethoate, propoxur and cypermethrin, or their combination, was given once by gavage...
- Changes in the central nervous activity of rats treated with dimethoate in combination with other neurotoxicants in different phases of ontogenesisZsuzsanna Lengyel
Department of Public Health, University of Szeged, Szeged, Hungary
Arh Hig Rada Toksikol 56:257-64. 2005..In this study, female Wistar rats were given 1/25 LD50 of dimethoate by gavage, combined with the same LD50 fractions of propoxur and cypermethrin or with arsenic (6.66 mg kg(-1))...
- Dimethoate effects on thyroid function in suckling ratsA Mahjoubi-Samet
Animal Physiology Laboratory, Life Sciences Department, Sciences Faculty of Sfax, Route de la Soukra Km 3 5 BP 802 3018 Sfax Tunisie
Ann Endocrinol (Paris) 66:96-104. 2005The aim of our work is to study dimethoate effects on thyroid function given in drinking water (40 mg/kg body weight, equivalent to 0.2 g/L) to mothers from day zero until the 10th day after delivery...
- Exposure to omethoate during stapling of ornamental plants in intensive cultivation tunnels: influence of environmental conditions on absorption of the pesticideC Aprea
Laboratorio di Sanità Pubblica, Azienda USL, 7 Strada del Ruffolo, Siena 53100, Italy
Arch Environ Contam Toxicol 49:577-88. 2005..5%...
- Photo-fenton assisted reaction of dimethoate in aqueous solutionsM D Nikolaki
Chemical Process Engineering Laboratory, Department of Chemical Engineering, National Technical University, Athens, Greece
J Environ Sci Health B 40:233-46. 2005The photo-Fenton reaction of an organophosphorus insecticide, dimethoate (O,O-dimethyl methylcarbamoylmethyl phosphorodithioate), was studied by following the identification and determination of the decomposition products and the total ..
- Insecticides and arable weeds: effects on germination and seedling growthM E Hanley
School of Biological Science, University of Southampton, UK
Ecotoxicology 14:483-90. 2005..In this study, we examined the effect of two insecticides, dimethoate and deltamethrin, on the germination and seedling growth of six arable weed species...
- Residues of dimethoate in the liver and AchE activity in blood of rats after exposure to dimethoate, and dimethoate and pyrantel embonateD Barski
Division of Veterinary and Environmental Toxicology, Department of Pathology and Pharmacology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn, Oczapowskiego 14, 10 719 Olsztyn, Poland
Pol J Vet Sci 9:43-9. 2006The study was aimed at determining the dimethoate residues in the liver and acetylcholinesterase (AChE) activity in blood of rats exposed to dimethoate (individual intoxication), and dimethoate and pyrantel embonate (simultaneous ..
- Predicting outcome using butyrylcholinesterase activity in organophosphorus pesticide self-poisoningM Eddleston
Scottish Poisons Information Bureau, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, and Clinical Pharmacology Unit, University of Edinburgh, UK
QJM 101:467-74. 2008..Previous studies have been confounded by the inclusion of multiple insecticides with differing inhibitory kinetics...
- Gas chromatography-mass spectrometry with supersonic molecular beamsAviv Amirav
School of Chemistry, Sackler Faculty of Exact Sciences, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv 69978, Israel
J Mass Spectrom 43:141-63. 2008..Electron ionization LC-MS with SMB can also be combined with the Supersonic GC-MS, with fast and easy switching between these two modes of operation...
- Dimethoate-induced biochemical and histopathological changes in the liver of ratsFerah Sayim
Faculty of Science, Department of Biology, Ege University, 35100 Bornova, Izmir, Turkey
Exp Toxicol Pathol 59:237-43. 2007b>Dimethoate is an organophosphorus insecticide and acaricide used for the control of a wide range of insects, including houseflies and mites, on a variety of fruits, vegetables, field and forestry crops...
- Mixture toxicity of three toxicants with similar and dissimilar modes of action to Daphnia magnaKristian Syberg
Department of Environmental, Social and Spatial Change, Roskilde University, Universitetsvej 1, 4000 Roskilde, Denmark
Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 69:428-36. 2008..we conducted Daphnia magna 48 h immobilization experiments with three toxicants with known modes of action (dimethoate, pirimicarb and linear alkyl benzene sulfonate) singly, and in binary and ternary mixtures...
- Recoveries of four representative organophosphorus pesticides from 18 plant products belonging to different botanical categories: implications for matrix effectsP Georgakopoulos
Agricultural University of Athens, Department of Food Science and Technology, Laboratory of Food Hygiene and Quality Control, Athens, Greece
Food Addit Contam 24:360-8. 2007..were observed to the lowest fortification levels (maximum residual levels established by the European Union), of dimethoate and methamidophos (i.e. the most polar analytes) in the majority of product extracts...
- Short-term effects of dimethoate on metabolic responses in Chrysolina pardalina (Chrysomelidae) feeding on Berkheya coddii (Asteraceae), a hyper-accumulator of nickelM Augustyniak
Department of Animal Physiology and Ecotoxicology, University of Silesia, Bankowa 9, PL 40 007 Katowice, Poland
Environ Pollut 150:218-24. 2007..The aim of this study was to investigate the response of C. pardalina to topical application of dimethoate. Data recorded included the activity of acetylcholinesterase (AChE), the concentration of glutathione (GSH), and ..
- Effects of reduced rates of two insecticides on enzyme activity and mortality of an aphid and its lacewing predatorL H Booth
National Centre for Advanced Bio Protection Technologies, P O Box 84, Lincoln University, Canterbury, New Zealand
J Econ Entomol 100:11-9. 2007..The effects of reduced application rates of the insecticides lambda-cyhalothrin and dimethoate on the mortality of bird cherry-oat aphid, Rhopalosiphon padi (L...
- Oxidation of two organophosphorous insecticides by the photo-assisted Fenton reactionE Evgenidou
Environmental Pollution Control Laboratory, Chemistry Department, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, 54124 Thessaloniki, Greece
Water Res 41:2015-27. 2007The photocatalytic degradation of two selected insecticides (dimethoate and methyl parathion) has been studied using the photo-assisted Fenton reaction...
- Soil microorganisms in cotton fields sequentially treated with insecticidesK Vig
Department of Zoology, University of Delhi, Delhi 110007, India
Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 69:263-76. 2008A crop protection system consisting of sequential treatments by six insecticides--dimethoate, monocrotophos, deltamethrin, endosulfan, cypermethrin, and triazophos--at recommended dosages in cotton fields in Punjab, India was investigated ..
- Altered glucose homeostasis and oxidative impairment in pancreas of rats subjected to dimethoate intoxicationVasudeva Kamath
Food Protectants and Infestation Control Department, Central Food Technological Research Institute, Mysore, India
Toxicology 231:137-46. 2007The primary objective of this study was to investigate the effect of repeated sublethal doses of dimethoate (DM), an organophosphorus insecticide on glucose homeostasis, oxidative stress induction in pancreas and pancreatic damage in ..
- Biochemical effects of some organophosphorus pesticides on the ovaries of albino ratsSukhdeep Kaur
Department of Zoology and Fisheries, Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana 141 004
Indian J Physiol Pharmacol 49:148-52. 2005An evaluation of the toxic effects of three organophosphates; monocrotophos, dimethoate and methyl parathion on female reproduction was made by biochemical estimations of cytoplasmic and membrance bound proteins, lipids, phospholipids and ..
- Susceptibilities of apple aphid and spirea aphid collected from apple in the Pacific Northwest to selected insecticidesD Thomas Lowery
Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, Pacific Agri Food Research Centre, Box 4200, Highway 97, Summerland, BC, Canada V0H 1Z0
J Econ Entomol 99:1369-74. 2006..to pirimicarb and lambda-cyhalothrin, respectively, whereas there was little difference in response to dimethoate. Pymetrozine is thought to act on aphids primarily as a feeding inhibitor...
- [High performance thin layer chromatography quality assessment of Rogor, methyl parathion, methamidophos and dichlorvos in serum]Hui Fang Yan
Zhonghua Lao Dong Wei Sheng Zhi Ye Bing Za Zhi 24:437-8. 2006
- Variation of Musca domestica L. acetylcholinesterase in Danish housefly populationsMichael Kristensen
Danish Pest Infestation Laboratory, Department of Integrated Pest Management, Danish Institute of Agricultural Science, Skovbrynet 14, 2800 Kgs Lyngby, Denmark
Pest Manag Sci 62:738-45. 2006..strategies and gathering information for resistance risk assessment on the organophosphates azamethiphos and dimethoate and the carbamate methomyl, which have been the primary insecticides used against adult houseflies in Denmark...
- [Effect of dimethoate on the expression of heat shock protein 70 in peripheral blood lymphocytes of human beings]Fang Xie
School of Public Health, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, China
Zhonghua Lao Dong Wei Sheng Zhi Ye Bing Za Zhi 24:214-7. 2006To study the effect of dimethoate on the expression of heat shock protein 70 (HSP70) in peripheral blood lymphocytes of human beings and to explore the feasibility of HSP70 in biomonitoring among workers exposed to organophosphorous ..
- Toxicological studies of organophosphate and pyrethroid insecticides for controlling the fruit fly Dacus ciliatus (Diptera: Tephritidae)A Maklakov
Department of Entomology, Institute for Plant Protection, Agricultural Research Organization, The Volcani Center, Bet Dagan, Israel
J Econ Entomol 94:1059-66. 2001..ciliatus. It can be concluded that pyrethroids have high potential for controlling D. ciliatus...
- 14C-dimethoate residues in tomatoes and tomato productsP Aysal
FAO IAEA Agriculture and Biotechnology Laboratory, Agrochemicals Unit of IAEA Seibersdorf Laboratory, A 2444 Seibersdorf, Vienna, Austria
Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 73:351-7. 2004
- [Study on the degradation of residual insecticides on and in the vegetables and washing off method]Neng Wu
Guangxi Centers for Disease Prevention and Control, Nanning 530021, China
Wei Sheng Yan Jiu 32:32-6. 2003..The adsorbed residual insecticide (on the leaves) was easy washed away. The non-ionic detergent is more effect than water. But the absorbed insecticide (in the plant tissue) is hard to wash out...
- Monitoring of pesticide residues in Egyptian fruits and vegetables during 1997S M Dogheim
Ministry of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Centre, Central Laboratory of Residue Analysis of Pesticides and Heavy Metals in Food, Dokki, Egypt
Food Addit Contam 19:1015-27. 2002..Dicofol and dimethoate were the most frequently occurring pesticide residues at 5.1 and 5.0%, respectively...
- Fatal intoxication with omethoateM Pavlic
Institute of Legal Medicine, Leopold Franzens University of Innsbruck, Muellerstrasse 44, 6020 Innsbruck
Int J Legal Med 116:238-41. 2002..The amount of the active AChE in peripheral blood serum was reduced to less than 0.2% of the normal level. To our knowledge no case of a fatal suicide by ingestion of omethoate has been reported in literature...
- Susceptibility of populations of Banks grass mites (Acari: Tetranychidae) suspected of developing bifenthrin resistance from three maize fieldsE D Bynum
Texas Agricultural Experiment Station, Rt 3, Box 219, Lubbock, Texas 79403, USA
Exp Appl Acarol 27:303-12. 2002..The combination of bifenthrin or dimethoate with a synergist indicated changes in the ability of the more resistant 1995 mites to detoxify insecticides...
- Toxic effects of dimethoate and carbaryl pesticides on carbohydrate metabolism of freshwater snail Lymnaea acuminataP Kumar Tripathi
Department of Zoology, D D U Gorakhpur University, India
Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 68:606-11. 2002
- Insecticide-resistant pollen beetles (Meligethes aeneus F) found in Danish oilseed rape (Brassica napus L) fieldsLars Monrad Hansen
Danish Institute of Agricultural Sciences, Research Centre Flakkebjerg, DK 4200 Slagelse, Denmark
Pest Manag Sci 59:1057-9. 2003..In 2001, we screened a broad range of pollen beetle populations for pyrethroid and dimethoate resistance...
- Biochemical changes in primary culture of skeletal muscle cells following dimethoate exposureDongren Yang
Center for Research on Occupational and Environmental Toxicology, L606, Oregon Health and Sciences University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland 97201 3098, USA
Toxicology 174:79-85. 2002..Intermediate Myasthenia Syndrome (IMS) following acute organophosphate poisoning, we studied the cytotoxicity of dimethoate and its effects on the activity of acetylcholine esterase (AChE), Na+-K+-ATPase, succinate dehydrogenase (SDH), ..
- The garden snail (Helix aspersa) as a bioindicator of organophosphorus exposure: effects of dimethoate on survival, growth, and acetylcholinesterase activityM Coeurdassier
Laboratoire de Biologie et Ecophysiologie, , , France
Environ Toxicol Chem 20:1951-7. 2001..its use to organic chemicals by studying the effects and tissue concentrations of the organophosphorus pesticide dimethoate following dietary uptake...
- Effects of some insecticides on several enzymes of tryptophan metabolism in ratsA A Hassan
Department of Biochemistry, Wakayama Medical College, Japan
J Environ Sci Health B 25:333-46. 1990..35) in the liver, kidney and lung rats were measured after administration of a single dose and repeated doses of dimethoate, carbaryl and fenvalerate, respectively...
- Comparative susceptibility and possible detoxification mechanisms for selected miticides in banks grass mite and two-spotted spider mite (Acari: Tetranychidae)X Yang
Department of Entomology, Kansas State University, Manhattan 66506-4004, USA
Exp Appl Acarol 25:293-9. 2001..BGM was 112-fold more susceptible to the organophosphate dimethoate, and 24-fold more susceptible to both the pyrethroids bifenthrin and lambda-cyhalothrin than TSM...
- Study of the mechanism of Flavobacterium sp. for hydrolyzing organophosphate pesticidesM L Ortiz-Hernández
Laboratorio de Investigaciones Ambientales, Centro de Investigacion en Biotecnologia, Universidad Autonoma del Estado de Morelos, Cuernavaca Morelos, Mexico
Fundam Clin Pharmacol 17:717-23. 2003..phorate, tetrachlorvinphos, methyl-parathion, terbufos, trichloronate, ethoprophos, phosphamidon, fenitrothion, dimethoate and DEF. The Flavobacterium sp. ATCC 27551 strain bearing the organophosphate-degradation gene was used...
- [Stimulation single fiber electromyography in rats with myasthenia induced by organophosphorus insecticides and their mixtures poisoning]Cheng Xiao
Institute of Occupational Medicine, Chinese Academy of Preventive Medicine, Beijing 100050, China
Zhonghua Lao Dong Wei Sheng Zhi Ye Bing Za Zhi 20:125-7. 2002To study the neuromuscular function and its relation with the occurrence of myasthenia in rats poisoned by dimethoate (D), phoxim (P), methomyl (M), M + D and M + P respectively.
- Pesticides removal in the process of drinking water productionM P Ormad
Department of Chemical Engineering and Environmental Technologies, University of Zaragoza, Pedro Cerbuna, 12, 50009 Zaragoza, Spain
Chemosphere 71:97-106. 2008..op'-DDE, op'-DDT, pp'-DDT, desethylatrazine, 3,4-dichloroaniline, 4,4'-dichlorobenzophenone, dicofol, dieldrin, dimethoate, diuron, alpha-endosulphan, endosulphan-sulphate, endrin, alpha-HCH, beta-HCH, gamma-HCH, delta-HCH, heptachlor, ..
- Simple determination of 22 organophosphorous pesticides in human blood using headspace solid-phase microextraction and gas chromatography with mass spectrometric detectionFrank Musshoff
Institute of Legal Medicine, Rheinische Friedrich Wilhelms University, Bonn, Germany
J Chromatogr Sci 40:29-34. 2002..bromophos-methyl, chlorfenvinphos, chlorpyriphos, demethon-S-methylsulfon, diazinon, dichlorvos, dicrotophos, dimethoate, disulfoton, edifenphos, fenitrothion, fenthion, malathion, methidathion, mevinphos, monocrotophos, omethoate, ..
- Screening and determination of pesticides in soil using continuous subcritical water extraction and gas chromatography-mass spectrometryPablo Richter
Fundación Centro Nacional del Medio Ambiente, Universidad de Chile, Av Larraín 9975, La Reina, Santiago, Chile
J Chromatogr A 994:169-77. 2003..The pesticides under study were carbofuran, hexachlorobenzene, dimethoate, simazine, atrazine, lindane, diazinon, methylparathion, alachlor, aldrin-R, metholachlor, chlorpyrifos, ..
- Is prochloraz a potent synergist across aquatic species? A study on bacteria, daphnia, algae and higher plantsNina Cedergreen
The Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Institute of Agricultural Sciences, Højbakkegård Alle 13, DK 2630 Taastrup, Denmark
Aquat Toxicol 78:243-52. 2006..acifluorfen, diquat and terbuthylazine, the fungicide azoxystrobin and the insecticides chlorfenvinphos, dimethoate, and pirimicarb on the bacteria Vibrio fischeri (six binary mixtures), the crustacean Daphnia magna (four binary ..
- Survey of carbamate and organophosphorous pesticide export from a south Florida (U.S.A.) agricultural watershed: implications of sampling frequency on ecological risk estimationP Chris Wilsont
University of Florida Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences Indian River Research and Education Center, 2199 South Rock Road, Fort Pierce, Florida 34945, USA
Environ Toxicol Chem 25:2847-52. 2006..samples were collected daily or every other day and were analyzed for azinphos-methyl, chlorpyrifos, diazinon, dimethoate, ethion, fenamiphos, malathion, methidathion, carbaryl, carbofuran, 3-hydroxycarbofuran, methiocarb, methomyl, ..
- Neurotoxicological and statistical analyses of a mixture of five organophosphorus pesticides using a ray designV C Moser
Neurotoxicology Division, NHEERL ORD, US EPA, RTP, North Carolina 27711, USA
Toxicol Sci 86:101-15. 2005..we tested for interaction(s) in a mixture of five organophosphorus (OP) pesticides (chlorpyrifos, diazinon, dimethoate, acephate, and malathion)...
- Occurrence of pesticides and polychlorinated biphenyls in water of the Nile river at the estuaries of Rosetta and Damiatta branches, north of Delta, EgyptM S Abbassy
Department of Environmental Studies, University of Alexandria, Egypt
J Environ Sci Health B 34:255-67. 1999..The concentration levels of these detected compounds, dimethoate, malathion, captan, and ametryne, ranged from 0.011 to 0.340 microgram/l, respectively...
- Synthesis of three haptens for the class-specific immunoassay of O,O-dimethyl organophosphorus pesticides and effect of hapten heterology on immunoassay sensitivityYing Liang
Department of Food Science and Engineering, Northwest A and F University, Yangling 712100, China
Anal Chim Acta 615:174-83. 2008..immunosorbent assay was developed for the O,O-dimethyl organophosphorus pesticides, including malathion, dimethoate, phenthoate, phosmet, methidathion, fenitrothion, methyl parathion and fenthion...
- Selective, solid-matrix dispersion extraction of organophosphate pesticide residues from milkA Di Muccio
, Rome, Italy
J Chromatogr A 754:497-506. 1996..6% fat content) spiked with ethanolic solutions of 24 OP pesticides, viz., ethoprophos, diazinon, dimethoate, chlorpyrifos-methyl, parathion-methyl, chlorpyrifos-ethyl, malathion, isofenphos, quinalphos, ethion, ..
- [Research the role of gulonic acid lactone in the five kinds of organic phosphorus pesticide detection]Xingfu Pan
Shandong Academy of Occupational Health and Occupational Medicine, Ji nan 250062, China
Wei Sheng Yan Jiu 39:221-3. 2010To evaluate the protective effect of gulonic acid lactone in the gas chromatography-mass spectrometry system for detecting phorate, diazinon, dimethoate, methyl parathion, malathion five kinds of organic phosphorus pesticide.
- A comparative study on the relationship between various toxicological endpoints in Caenorhabditis elegans exposed to organophosphorus insecticidesP S Rajini
Department of Environmental Health Science, College of Public Health, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia 30602 2102, USA
J Toxicol Environ Health A 71:1043-50. 2008The toxicity of 10 organophophorus (OP) insecticides-acephate, dimethoate, dichlorvos, dicrotophos, monocrotophos, methamidophos, phosphamidon, omethoate, phosdrin, and trichlorfon-was evaluated in Caenorhabditis elegans using lethality, ..
- Assessment of acetylcholinesterase activity in Clarias gariepinus as a biomarker of organophosphate and carbamate exposureRobinson H Mdegela
Department of Veterinary Medicine and Public Health, Sokoine University of Agriculture, Morogoro, Tanzania
Ecotoxicology 19:855-63. 2010..003, 0.03, 0.15, 190, 0.2, 0.003 and 0.002 microM for carbaryl, chlorfenvinphos, diazinon, dimethoate, fenitrothion, pirimiphosmethyl and profenofos, respectively...
- The occurrence and spatial distribution of organophosphorous pesticides in Chinese surface waterJijun Gao
State Key Laboratory of Environmental Aquatic Chemistry, Research Center for Eco Environmental Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 82:223-9. 2009..The surface water samples were analyzed for the representative OPPs including dichlorvos, demeton, dimethoate, methyl parathion, malathion and parathion...
- Foraging and nesting behavior of Osmia lignaria (Hymenoptera: Megachilidae) in the presence of fungicides: cage studiesE Ladurner
Intrachem Production S r l, R and D Department, Cesena, Italy
J Econ Entomol 101:647-53. 2008..additional cage sprayed with an equal volume of water acted as control, and a cage sprayed with the insecticide dimethoate as a toxic standard. For each female O...
- Optimization and evaluation of low-pressure gas chromatography-mass spectrometry for the fast analysis of multiple pesticide residues in a food commodityK Mastovska
Institute of Chemical Technology, Prague, Czech Republic
J Chromatogr A 926:291-308. 2001..The matrix interferences for the quantitation ions were worse for a few pesticides (acephate, methiocarb, dimethoate, and thiabendazole) in LP-GC-MS, but similar or better results were achieved for the 16 other analytes, and ..
- Determination of several pesticides in water by solid-phase extraction, liquid chromatography and electrospray tandem mass spectrometryAlexandre Mourao Rodrigues
Laboratório Central da EPAL, Rua do Alviela 12, 1170 012 Lisbon, Portugal
J Chromatogr A 1150:267-78. 2007..In this work, several pesticides were studied: imidacloprid, dimethoate, cymoxanil, carbendazime, phosmet, carbofuran, isoproturon, diuron, methidathion, linuron, pyrimethanil, ..
- Dialkylphosphates (DAPs) in fruits and vegetables may confound biomonitoring in organophosphorus insecticide exposure and risk assessmentXiaofei Zhang
Personal Chemical Exposure Program, Environmental Toxicology Graduate Program, and infoscientific com, Inc, Manassas, Virginia 20111, USA
J Agric Food Chem 56:10638-45. 2008..12 OPs were quantified, including mevinphos, naled, acephate, methamidophos, oxidemeton-methyl, azinphos-methyl, dimethoate, malathion, methidathion, phosmet, chlorpyrifos, and diazinon...
- Development and validation of a multi-residue method for pesticide determination in honey using on-column liquid-liquid extraction and liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometryC Pirard
Mass Spectrometry Laboratory C A R T, University of Liege, Allée de la chimie, 3 B6c Sart Tilman, B 4000 Liege, Belgium
J Chromatogr A 1152:116-23. 2007..and quantify 17 widely chemically different pesticides (insecticides: Carbofuran, Methiocarb, Pirimicarb, Dimethoate, Fipronil, Imidacloprid; herbicides: Amidosulfuron, Rimsulfuron, Atrazine, Simazine, Chloroturon, Linuron, ..
- Epizootics of an entomopathogenic fungus Entomophthora aphidis Hoggman on the pomegranate aphid aphispunicae passerini (Homoptera: Aphididae)A Verghese
Indian Institute of Horticultural Research, Hessaraghatta Lake PO, Bangalore 560089, Karnataka, India
Commun Agric Appl Biol Sci 71:47-52. 2006..Farmers have been reporting inefficacy of established chemicals like acephate, dimethoate, monocrotophos, etc...
- Genotoxicity of agricultural soils in the vicinity of industrial areaMohd Ikram Ansari
Department of Agricultural Microbiology, Faculty of Agricultural Sciences, Aligarh Muslim University, Anoopshahar Road, Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh 202 002, India
Mutat Res 673:124-32. 2009..show the presence of certain organochlorine (DDE, DDT, dieldrin, aldrin and endosulfan) and organophosphorus (dimethoate, malathion, methylparathion and chlorpyrifos) pesticides in soil samples...
- Multiresidue analysis of seventeen pesticides in wine by gas chromatography with mass-selective detectionG J Soleas
Quality Control Division, Liquor Control Board of Ontario, Toronto, Canada
J Chromatogr A 882:205-12. 2000..developed a multiresidue method permitting the simultaneous quantitation of 17 pesticides in wine: dicloran, dimethoate, diazinon, chlorpyrifos-methyl, vinclozolin, carbaryl, methiocarb, dichlofluanid, parathion-ethyl, triadimefon, ..
- Dimethylphosphoryl-inhibited human cholinesterases: inhibition, reactivation, and aging kineticsF Worek
Walther Straub Institut für Pharmakologie und Toxikologie, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Germany
Arch Toxicol 73:7-14. 1999Human poisoning by organophosphates bearing two methoxy groups, e.g. by malathion, paraoxon-methyl, dimethoate and oxydemeton-methyl, is generally considered to be rather resistant to oxime therapy...
- Effects of pesticides on soil invertebrates in model ecosystem and field studies: a review and comparison with laboratory toxicity dataStephan Jansch
ECT Oekotoxikologie, Bottgerstrasse 2 14, D 65439 Florsheim, Germany
Environ Toxicol Chem 25:2490-501. 2006..HC5) estimated from acute toxicity laboratory data (atrazine, carbendazim, chlorpyrifos, diazinon, dimethoate, gamma-hexachlorocy-clohexane, lambda-cyhalothrin, parathion, pentachlorophenol, and propoxur)...
- Pesticide residues in grapes, wine, and their processing productsP Cabras
Dipartimento di Tossicologia, Universita di Cagliari, Viale Diaz 182, 09126 Cagliari, Italy
J Agric Food Chem 48:967-73. 2000..6 times) and lower for vinclozolin and dimethoate (one-third and one-fifth, respectively)...
- Pesticides and PCBs in sediments and fish from the Salton Sea, California, USAYelena Sapozhnikova
Environmental Toxicology Program, Department of Environmental Sciences, University of California, Riverside, 3401 Watkins Dr, Riverside, CA 92521, USA
Chemosphere 55:797-809. 2004..b>Dimethoate, diazinon, malathion, chlorpyrifos, disulfoton varied from < or = 0.15 to 9...
- Insecticide dissipation after repeated field application to a Northern Thailand UltisolHolger Ciglasch
Department of Soil Science, Berlin University of Technology, Salzufer 11 12, 10587 Berlin, Germany
J Agric Food Chem 54:8551-9. 2006..A mixture of endosulfan-alpha and -beta, chlorpyrifos, malathion, dimethoate, and mevinphos was applied five times in 10-day intervals onto an Ultisol (lychee plantation ground-covered with ..
- Monitoring insecticide resistance in house flies (Diptera: Muscidae) from New York dairiesP E Kaufman
Department of Entomology, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853 0999, USA
Pest Manag Sci 57:514-21. 2001..1987, resistance levels had increased for permethrin, were unchanged for tetrachlorvinphos and had decreased for dimethoate. To identify a single diagnostic concentration that could be used in the laboratory assays to assess accurately ..
- Current-use and legacy pesticide history in the Austfonna Ice Cap, Svalbard, NorwayMark H Hermanson
Department of Chemistry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Environ Sci Technol 39:8163-9. 2005..0 ng L(-1)) in the surface sample (1992-1998). The most concentrated OP was dimethoate (87.0 ng L(-1)) between 1986 and 1992...
- Organophosphate-induced delayed polyneuropathyMarcello Lotti
Department of Environmental Medicine and Public Health, University of Padua, Padova, Italy
Toxicol Rev 24:37-49. 2005..also discuss case reports where neuropathies were not convincingly attributed to fenthion, malathion, omethoate/dimethoate, parathion and merphos...
- Multiclass pesticide determination in olives and their processing factors in olive oil: comparison of different olive oil extraction systemsElpiniki G Amvrazi
Laboratory of Industrial Chemistry, Research Unit of Environmental Chemistry and Technology, Department of Chemistry, University of Ioannina, Ioannina 45110, Greece
J Agric Food Chem 56:5700-9. 2008..concentration found in olives) of azinphos methyl, chlorpyrifos, lambda-cyhalothrin, deltamethrin, diazinon, dimethoate, endosulfan, and fenthion were determined in olive oil production process in various laboratory-scale olive oil ..
- Short-term dynamic culture of rat testicular fragments as a model to assess effects on steroidogenesis--potential use and limitationsAlexius Freyberger
Bayer Schering Pharma AG, BSP GDD GED GTOX Special Toxicology, Wuppertal, Germany
Reprod Toxicol 30:36-43. 2010..aminoglutethimide, ketoconazole, danazol, flutamide, diethylstilbestrol, genistein, butylparaben, nonoxynol-9, dimethoate, RU 486, and cadmium chloride) were used to explore the performance of the assay...
- Validation of a method for the determination of multiclass pesticide residues in fruit juices by liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometry after extraction by matrix solid-phase dispersionDaniela Perret
Universita La Sapienza di Roma, Dipartimento di Chimica, Rome, Italy
J AOAC Int 85:724-30. 2002A multiresidue method was developed and validated for the determination of pesticide residues (omethoate, dimethoate, carbendazim, propoxur, thiabendazole, carbaryl, pirimicarb, azinphos-methyl, methidathion, and iprodione) in fruit ..
- Organophosphorus poisoningB P Paudyal
Department of Medicine, Patan Hospital, Lalitpur
JNMA J Nepal Med Assoc 47:251-8. 2008..Metacid (Methyl parathion) and Nuvan (Dichlorovos) are commonly ingested OP pesticides; Dimethoate, Profenofos, and Chlorpyrifos are other less frequently ingested compounds in Nepal...
- Suitability of microwave-assisted extraction coupled with solid-phase extraction for organophosphorus pesticide determination in olive oilEdwar Fuentes
Departamento de Quimica Inorganica y Analitica, Universidad de Chile, Casilla 233, Santiago, Chile
J Chromatogr A 1207:38-45. 2008..of the microwave-assisted extraction coupled to solid-phase extraction of nine organophosphorus pesticides (dimethoate, diazinon, pirimiphos methyl, parathion methyl, malathion, fenthion, chlorpyriphos, methidathion and azinphos ..
- Pesticides in the atmosphere across Canadian agricultural regionsYuan Yao
Science and Technology Branch, Environment Canada, 4905 Dufferin Street, Toronto, Ontario, M3H 5T4, Canada
Environ Sci Technol 42:5931-7. 2008..region; (v) the Kensington site in PEI, Canada's largest potato-producing province, exhibited highest level of dimethoate. Analysis of particle- and gas-phase fractions of air samples revealed that most pesticides including OCPs, OPPs,..
- ORGANOPHOSPHORUS INSECTICIDE TOXICOLOGYJOHN CASIDA; Fiscal Year: 2002..models to resolve the site and stability relationships; S-methylation of dimethyl phosphorodithioic acid as a dimethoate metabolite contributes to its toxicological profile including delayed effects...
- Genetic analysis of organophosphate metabolism in NC farmworkersTimothy Howard; Fiscal Year: 2007..OP) insecticides are among the most widely used pesticides, and include chlorpyrifos, diazinon, dimethoate, disulfoton, and phosmet...
- Novel Neuromuscular Protection to CounterACT Organophosphorus (OP) PoisoningSteven B Bird; Fiscal Year: 2011..receptor antagonist rocuronium in preserving NMJ function and NMJ architecture in novel minipig models of dimethoate and parathion poisoning...
- ORGANOPHOSPHORUS INSECTICIDE TOXICOLOGYJOHN CASIDA; Fiscal Year: 1999..models to resolve the site and stability relationships; S-methylation of dimethyl phosphorodithioic acid as a dimethoate metabolite contributes to its toxicological profile including delayed effects...
- ORGANOPHOSPHORUS INSECTICIDE TOXICOLOGYJOHN CASIDA; Fiscal Year: 2000..models to resolve the site and stability relationships; S-methylation of dimethyl phosphorodithioic acid as a dimethoate metabolite contributes to its toxicological profile including delayed effects...
- ORGANOPHOSPHORUS INSECTICIDE TOXICOLOGYJOHN CASIDA; Fiscal Year: 2001