Genomes and Genes
Summary: A potent oxidant synthesized by the cell during its normal metabolism. Peroxynitrite is formed from the reaction of two free radicals, NITRIC OXIDE and the superoxide anion (SUPEROXIDES).
Publications185 found, 100 shown here
- Peroxynitrite: biochemistry, pathophysiology and development of therapeuticsCsaba Szabo
Department of Surgery, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, 185 South Orange Avenue, University Heights, Newark, New Jersey 07103 2714, USA
Nat Rev Drug Discov 6:662-80. 2007..These include its catalytic reduction to nitrite and its isomerization to nitrate by metalloporphyrins, which have led to potential candidates for drug development for cardiovascular, inflammatory and neurodegenerative diseases...
- Redox regulation of the AMP-activated protein kinaseYingying Han
Department of Biochemistry and Department of Medicine, University of Oklahoma Health Science Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e15420. 2010..Redox state is a critical determinant of cell function, and any major imbalances can cause severe damage or death...
- Peroxynitrite is an essential component of cytokines production mechanism in human monocytes through modulation of nuclear factor-kappa B DNA binding activityBashir M Matata
Department of Integrative Human Cardiovascular Physiology and Functional Genomics, Cardiac Surgery, University of Leicester, Glenfield Hospital, Groby Road, Leicester LE3 9QP, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 277:2330-5. 2002..These findings indicate ONOO(-) plays an essential role in the mechanism of proinflammatory cytokine release by monocytes and that Rel/NF-kappaB activation is the obligatory pathway...
- Hyperlipidemia induced by a cholesterol-rich diet leads to enhanced peroxynitrite formation in rat heartsAnnamaria Onody
Cardiovascular Research Group, Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, University of Szeged, Dom ter 9, H 6720 Szeged, Hungary
Cardiovasc Res 58:663-70. 2003..We investigated the influence of experimental hyperlipidemia on the formation of cardiac NO, superoxide, and peroxynitrite (ONOO(-)) in rat hearts...
- Neuroprotective efficacy and therapeutic time window of peroxynitrite decomposition catalysts in focal cerebral ischemia in ratsMeenakshisundaram Thiyagarajan
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER, Sector-67, S.A.S. Nagar, Mohali, Punjab, India
Br J Pharmacol 142:899-911. 2004....
- Rapid scavenging of peroxynitrous acid by monohydroascorbateChristophe R Kurz
, , , Switzerland
Free Radic Biol Med 35:1529-37. 2003The reaction of peroxynitrous acid with monohydroascorbate, over the concentration range of 250 microM to 50 mM of monohydroascorbate at pH 5...
- Role of peroxynitrite in the redox regulation of cell signal transduction pathwaysLucas Liaudet
Department of Intensive Care Medicine, University Medical Center and Faculty of Biology and Medicine, Lausanne, Switzerland
Front Biosci 14:4809-14. 2009....
- Protective mechanisms of a metalloporphyrinic peroxynitrite decomposition catalyst, WW85, in rat cardiac transplantsGalen M Pieper
Division of Transplant Surgery, Medical College of Wisconsin, 9200 West Wisconsin Avenue, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 314:53-60. 2005..Rather, effects seem to be downstream on decreased protein nitration, decreased lipid peroxidation, and decreased PARP activation...
- Part I: pathogenetic role of peroxynitrite in the development of diabetes and diabetic vascular complications: studies with FP15, a novel potent peroxynitrite decomposition catalystCsaba Szabo
Inotek Pharmaceuticals Corporation, Beverly, Massachusetts, USA
Mol Med 8:571-80. 2002..The aim of the current work was to produce a potent peroxynitrite decomposition catalyst and to test its effects in rodent models of diabetes and its complications...
- Therapeutic intervention in experimental allergic encephalomyelitis by administration of uric acid precursorsGwen S Scott
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:16303-8. 2002..The therapeutic effect on animals with active EAE was associated with increased UA, but not inosine, levels in CNS tissue. We, therefore, conclude that the mode of action of inosine and inosinic acid in EAE is via their metabolism to UA...
- Peroxynitrite formation from the simultaneous reduction of nitrite and oxygen by xanthine oxidaseTimothy M Millar
Xanthine Oxidase Research Group, School of Health, University of Bath, Claverton Down, Bath BA2 7AY, UK
FEBS Lett 562:129-33. 2004..Peroxynitrite generation is inhibited by allopurinol, superoxide dismutase and diphenylene iodonium. A role for this enzyme activity can be found in the antibacterial activity of milk and circulating xanthine oxidase activity...
- Aberrant expression of NOS isoforms in Alzheimer's disease is structurally related to nitrotyrosine formationHans Joachim Lüth
Paul Flechsig Institute of Brain Research, Department of Neuroanatomy, University of Leipzig, Jahnallee 59, D 04109 Leipzig, Germany
Brain Res 953:135-43. 2002..In view of the wide range of isoform-specific NOS inhibitors, the determination of the most responsible isoform of NOS for the formation of peroxynitrite in AD could be of therapeutic importance in the treatment of Alzheimer's disease...
- Reversible inhibition of mammalian glutamine synthetase by tyrosine nitrationBoris Gorg
Clinic for Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Infectiology, Heinrich Heine University Dusseldorf, Moorenstrasse 5, D 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
FEBS Lett 581:84-90. 2007..The data point to a potential regulation of GS activity by a reversible tyrosine nitration. High levels of oxidative stress may irreversibly damage and predispose the enzyme to proteasomal degradation...
- Degradation of matrix glycosaminoglycans by peroxynitrite/peroxynitrous acid: evidence for a hydroxyl-radical-like mechanismEleanor C Kennett
The Heart Research Institute, 114 Pyrmont Bridge Road, Camperdown, NSW 2050, Australia
Free Radic Biol Med 42:1278-89. 2007The oxidant peroxynitrite/peroxynitrous acid (ONOO-/ONOOH) is generated at sites of inflammation via reaction of O2.- with .NO...
- Hemodynamics influences vascular peroxynitrite formation: Implication for low-density lipoprotein apo-B-100 nitrationTzung K Hsiai
Department of Biomedical Engineering and Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90081, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 42:519-29. 2007..Hence, the characteristics of shear stress in the arterial bifurcations influenced the relative production of O2(-.) and .NO with an implication for ONOO(-) formation as evidenced by LDL protein nitration...
- Peroxynitrite decomposition catalyst prevents apoptotic cell death in a human astrocytoma cell line incubated with supernatants of HIV-infected macrophagesCarolina Muscoli
Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Catanzaro Magna Graecia, Roccelletta di Borgia, Catanzaro, Italy
BMC Neurosci 3:13. 2002..Here we investigated the role of peroxynitrite in apoptosis occurring in astroglial cells incubated with supernatants of HIV-infected human primary macrophages (M/M)...
- Part II: beneficial effects of the peroxynitrite decomposition catalyst FP15 in murine models of arthritis and colitisJon G Mabley
Inotek Pharmaceuticals Corporation, Cummings Center, Beverly, Massachusetts 01905, USA
Mol Med 8:581-90. 2002..Further work is needed to determine whether neutralization of peroxynitrite also represents a promising strategy to treat human inflammatory diseases such as arthritis and colitis...
- Reactive nitrogen species in the chemical biology of inflammationPeter C Dedon
Biological Engineering Department, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, 02139, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 423:12-22. 2004....
- Detection of sequence-specific tyrosine nitration of manganese SOD and SERCA in cardiovascular disease and agingShanqin Xu
Vascular Biology Unit X708, Whitaker Cardiovascular Unit, Evans Department of Medicine, Boston University Medical Center, 650 Albany St, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 290:H2220-7. 2006....
- Activation of protein kinase C zeta by peroxynitrite regulates LKB1-dependent AMP-activated protein kinase in cultured endothelial cellsZhonglin Xie
Division of Endocrinology and Diabetes, Department of Medicine, University of Oklahoma Health Science Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73104, USA
J Biol Chem 281:6366-75. 2006..Taken together, we conclude that PKCzeta can regulate AMPK activity by increasing the Ser428 phosphorylation of LKB1, resulting in association of LKB1 with AMPK and consequent AMPK Thr172 phosphorylation by LKB1...
- Neuroprotective effect of (-)Delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol and cannabidiol in N-methyl-D-aspartate-induced retinal neurotoxicity: involvement of peroxynitriteAzza B el-Remessy
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Medical College of Georgia, 1120 15th Street, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
Am J Pathol 163:1997-2008. 2003..The effect of THC was in part mediated by the cannabinoid receptor CB1. These results suggest the potential use of CBD as a novel topical therapy for the treatment of glaucoma...
- ICAM-1 upregulation in the spinal cords of PLSJL mice with experimental allergic encephalomyelitis is dependent upon TNF-alpha production triggered by the loss of blood-brain barrier integrityGwen S Scott
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Thomas Jefferson University, JAH 454, 1020 Locust Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
J Neuroimmunol 155:32-42. 2004....
- Bicarbonate enhances alpha-synuclein oligomerization and nitration: intermediacy of carbonate radical anion and nitrogen dioxide radicalChristopher Andrekopoulos
Department of Biophysics, Free Radical Research Center, Medical College of Wisconsin, 8701 Watertown Plank Road, P.O. Box 26509, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Biochem J 378:435-47. 2004..Hydrophobic membranes greatly influenced alpha-synuclein aggregation and nitration in these systems. We conclude that both CO3*- and NO2* could play a major role in the nitration/aggregation of alpha-synuclein...
- Experimental diabetes causes breakdown of the blood-retina barrier by a mechanism involving tyrosine nitration and increases in expression of vascular endothelial growth factor and urokinase plasminogen activator receptorAzza B el-Remessy
Vascular Biology Center, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia 30909, USA
Am J Pathol 162:1995-2004. 2003..Taken together, these data indicate that early diabetes causes breakdown of the BRB by a mechanism involving the action of reactive nitrogen species in promoting expression of VEGF and uPAR...
- Evaluation of the peroxynitrite decomposition catalyst Fe(III) tetra-mesitylporphyrin octasulfonate on peripheral neuropathy in a mouse model of type 1 diabetesViktor R Drel
Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Louisiana State University System, Baton Rouge, LA 70808, USA
Int J Mol Med 20:783-92. 2007..The findings provide rationale for development of potent peroxynitrite decomposition catalysts for the treatment of diabetic neuropathy...
- Chain scission of hyaluronan by peroxynitriteS Al-Assaf
The North East Wales Institute, Plas Coch, Mold Road, LL11 2AW, Wrexham, UK
Arch Biochem Biophys 411:73-82. 2003..5% chain breaks (per peroxynitrite concentration). These conclusions support the proposal that the yield of hydroxyl radicals arising from the isomerization of ONOOH to nitrate ions is relatively low...
- Peroxynitrite mediates TNF-alpha-induced endothelial barrier dysfunction and nitration of actinPaul Neumann
151, 113 Holland Ave, Dept. of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 290:L674-L684. 2006..The data indicate that TNF induces an ONOO(-)-dependent barrier dysfunction, which is associated with the generation of NO(2)-beta-actin...
- Roles of superoxide, peroxynitrite, and protein kinase C in the development of tolerance to nitroglycerinG Abou-Mohamed
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia 30912, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 308:289-99. 2004..In conclusion, tolerance to GTN involves enhanced production of O2*- and ONOO- and activation of NO synthase. Furthermore, sustained activation of alpha- and epsilonPKC isozymes in EC by GTN may play a role in development of tolerance...
- Increased nitric oxide-dependent nitrosylation of 4,5-diaminofluorescein by oxidants: implications for the measurement of intracellular nitric oxideDAVID JOURD'HEUIL
Center for Cardiovascular Sciences, Albany Medical College, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 33:676-84. 2002..Our findings indicate that DAF-2 fluorometric assays are quantitatively difficult to interpret in cells and in solution when oxidants and (*) NO are co-generated...
- Role of nitrosative stress and peroxynitrite in the pathogenesis of diabetic complications. Emerging new therapeutical strategiesPal Pacher
Laboratory of Physiologic Studies, National Institutes of Health, NIAAA, Bethesda, MD 20892 9413, USA
Curr Med Chem 12:267-75. 2005....
- Identification of the serine 307 of LKB1 as a novel phosphorylation site essential for its nucleocytoplasmic transport and endothelial cell angiogenesisZhonglin Xie
Department of Medicine, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Mol Cell Biol 29:3582-96. 2009....
- Peroxynitrite decomposition catalysts prevent myocardial dysfunction and inflammation in endotoxemic ratsSteve Lancel
EA 2689, , , Lille, France
J Am Coll Cardiol 43:2348-58. 2004....
- Protein kinase Czeta-dependent LKB1 serine 428 phosphorylation increases LKB1 nucleus export and apoptosis in endothelial cellsPing Song
Section of Endocrinology and Diabetes, Department of Medicine, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, 73104, USA
J Biol Chem 283:12446-55. 2008..Finally, ONOO(-) enhanced PKCzeta nuclear import and LKB1 nuclear export. We conclude that PKCzeta mediates LKB1-dependent Akt inhibition in response to ONOO(-), resulting in endothelial apoptosis...
- Glycosaminoglycans are fragmented by hydroxyl, carbonate, and nitrogen dioxide radicals in a site-selective manner: implications for peroxynitrite-mediated damage at sites of inflammationEleanor C Kennett
The Heart Research Institute, Camperdown, NSW 2050, Australia
Free Radic Biol Med 47:389-400. 2009..The time course of formation of these radicals is consistent with these species being involved in polymer fragmentation...
- Peroxynitrite decomposition catalyst, FP15, and poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase inhibitor, PJ34, inhibit leukocyte entrapment in the retinal microcirculation of diabetic ratsR Sugawara
Department of Ophthalmology, Asahikawa Medical College, Midorogaoka Higashi 2-1. Asahikawa 078-8510, Japan
Curr Eye Res 29:11-6. 2004..The current study suggests a role for peroxynitrite production and for PARP activation in the pathogenesis of retinal microvascular leukostasis in early diabetes...
- Enhanced mitochondrial superoxide in hyperglycemic endothelial cells: direct measurements and formation of hydrogen peroxide and peroxynitriteCelia Quijano
Departamento de Bioquimica, Facultad de Medicina, Avenida General Flores 2125, 11800 Montevideo, Uruguay
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 293:H3404-14. 2007..Mitochondrial O(2)(.-) formation in hyperglycemic conditions was associated with increased glucose metabolization in the Krebs cycle and hyperpolarization of the mitochondrial membrane...
- Peroxynitrite mediates retinal neurodegeneration by inhibiting nerve growth factor survival signaling in experimental and human diabetesTayyeba K Ali
Program in Clinical and Experimental Therapeutics, College of Pharmacy, University of Georgia, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
Diabetes 57:889-98. 2008..However, the causal role of peroxynitrite and the impact of tyrosine nitration on diabetes-induced retinal neurodegeneration and NGF survival signaling have not been elucidated...
- The chemistry of peroxynitrite: implications for biological activitySara Goldstein
Department of Physical Chemistry, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem, Israel
Methods Enzymol 436:49-61. 2008....
- Early intervention of tyrosine nitration prevents vaso-obliteration and neovascularization in ischemic retinopathyMohammed A Abdelsaid
Program in Clinical and Experimental Therapeutics, College of Pharmacy, University of Georgia, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 332:125-34. 2010..Early inhibition of tyrosine nitration with use of epicatechin or NAC can represent safe and effective vascular-protective agents in ischemic retinopathy...
- Renal hypoperfusion and impaired endothelium-dependent vasodilation in an animal model of VILI: the role of the peroxynitrite-PARP pathwayRosanna Vaschetto
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Eastern Piedmont Amedeo Avogadro, Corso Mazzini 18, Novara, Italy
Crit Care 14:R45. 2010....
- Diabetes-induced nitrative stress in the retina, and correction by aminoguanidineYunpeng Du
Department of Medicine, Center for Diabetes Research, Case Western Reserve University, University Hospitals, and Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio 44106-4951, USA
J Neurochem 80:771-9. 2002..Hyperglycemia increases NO production in retinal cells, and aminoguanidine can inhibit this abnormality. Inhibition of diabetic retinopathy by aminoguanidine might be mediated in part by inhibition of sequelae of NO production...
- Human atherosclerotic intima and blood of patients with established coronary artery disease contain high density lipoprotein damaged by reactive nitrogen speciesSubramaniam Pennathur
Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Biol Chem 279:42977-83. 2004..Thus, nitrated HDL might represent a previously unsuspected link between nitrosative stress, atherosclerosis, and inflammation...
- Nitric oxide and its role in ischaemic brain injuryRobert G Keynes
Wolfson Institute for Biomedical Research, University College London, Cruciform Building, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Curr Mol Med 4:179-91. 2004..Better understanding of the molecular mechanisms by which NO is protective may ultimately identify new potential therapeutic targets...
- Modulation by peroxynitrite of Akt- and AMP-activated kinase-dependent Ser1179 phosphorylation of endothelial nitric oxide synthaseMing Hui Zou
Vascular Biology Unit, Whitaker Cardiovascular Institute, Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Biol Chem 277:32552-7. 2002..We conclude that ONOO(-) inhibits Akt and increases AMPK-dependent Ser(1179) phosphorylation of eNOS resulting in enhanced O(2)() release...
- Peroxynitrite mediates VEGF's angiogenic signal and function via a nitration-independent mechanism in endothelial cellsA B El-Remessy
Program in Clinical and Experimental Therapeutics, College of Pharmacy, University of Georgia, Athens, USA
FASEB J 21:2528-39. 2007..In conclusion, peroxynitrite is critically involved in transducing VEGF's angiogenic signal via nitration-independent and oxidation-mediated tyrosine phosphorylation...
- Role of oxidative stress in multiparity-induced endothelial dysfunctionHuda E Tawfik
Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, Department of Physiology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 295:H1736-42. 2008..53+/-0.1 protein/actin vs. virgins: 1.0+/-0.14 protein/actin). These data suggest that multiparity induces endothelial dysfunction through decreased NO bioavailability and increased reactive oxygen species formation...
- Reduction of insulin-stimulated glucose uptake by peroxynitrite is concurrent with tyrosine nitration of insulin receptor substrate-1Takashi Nomiyama
Department of Medicine, Metabolism and Endocrinology, Juntendo University, School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 320:639-47. 2004..Our results suggest that peroxynitrite reduces the IRS-1 protein level and decreases phosphorylation of IRS-1 concurrent with nitration of its tyrosine residues...
- Stimulation of peroxynitrite catalysis improves insulin sensitivity in high fat diet-fed miceHerve Duplain
Department of Internal Medicine and Botnar Center for Clinical Research, University Hospital Center and University of Lausanne, Switzerland
J Physiol 586:4011-6. 2008..Stimulation of peroxynitrite catalysis attenuates HFD-induced insulin resistance in mice by restoring insulin signalling and insulin-stimulated glucose uptake in skeletal muscle tissue...
- Differential mechanisms of nitric oxide- and peroxynitrite-induced cell deathJohanna T A Meij
Department of Cell Biology, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, 3125 Eden Avenue, OH 45267 0521, USA
Mol Pharmacol 66:1043-53. 2004..Moreover, post-treatment with insulin inhibited caspase-3 activation and loss of cell viability in NONOate- but not in SIN-1-exposed cells. These findings suggest that NO is a potent toxin independent of peroxynitrite formation...
- Role for nitrosative stress in diabetic neuropathy: evidence from studies with a peroxynitrite decomposition catalystIrina G Obrosova
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
FASEB J 19:401-3. 2005..This provides the rationale for development of agents counteracting peroxynitrite formation and promoting peroxynitrite decomposition, and their evaluation in DN...
- Enteroinvasive bacteria alter barrier and transport properties of human intestinal epithelium: role of iNOS and COX-2Silvia Resta-Lenert
Department of Medicine, and Biomedical Sciences Ph D Program, University of California, San Diego, School of Medicine, San Diego, California, USA
Gastroenterology 122:1070-87. 2002....
- Degradation of extracellular matrix by peroxynitrite/peroxynitrous acidEleanor C Kennett
The Heart Research Institute, 114 Pyrmont Bridge Road, Camperdown, NSW 2050, Australia
Free Radic Biol Med 45:716-25. 2008..Peroxynitrite/peroxynitrous acid, which is generated at elevated levels at sites of inflammation, is believed to play a role in ECM damage; ..
- Peroxynitrite reactivity with amino acids and proteinsB Alvarez
, Facultad de Ciencias, , Montevideo, Uruguay
Amino Acids 25:295-311. 2003..The preferential protein targets of peroxynitrite and the role of proteins in peroxynitrite detoxifying pathways are discussed...
- Proteomic identification of nitrated proteins in Alzheimer's disease brainAlessandra Castegna
Department of Chemistry, Center of Membrane Sciences, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40506 0055, USA
J Neurochem 85:1394-401. 2003....
- Oxidative stress inactivates VEGF survival signaling in retinal endothelial cells via PI 3-kinase tyrosine nitrationAzza B el-Remessy
Vascular Biology Center, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
J Cell Sci 118:243-52. 2005....
- Peroxynitrite induces apoptosis in rat aortic smooth muscle cells: possible relation to vascular diseasesJianfeng Li
Department of Physiology, State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York 11203, USA
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 229:264-9. 2004....
- Activation of microsomal glutathione s-transferase by peroxynitriteYanbin Ji
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Faculty of Health Sciences, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Mol Pharmacol 63:136-46. 2003....
- Role of peroxynitrite in the pathogenesis of cardiovascular complications of diabetesPal Pacher
National Institutes of Health, NIAAA, Laboratory of Physiologic Studies, 5625 Fishers Lane MSC 9413, Bethesda, Maryland 20852, USA
Curr Opin Pharmacol 6:136-41. 2006....
- An inhibitor of inducible nitric oxide synthase and scavenger of peroxynitrite prevents diabetes development in NOD miceW L Suarez-Pinzon
Department of Medicine, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
J Autoimmun 16:449-55. 2001..These findings indicate that both superoxide and nitric oxide radicals contribute to islet beta-cell destruction in autoimmune diabetes via peroxynitrite formation in the beta-cells...
- Mutation of tyrosine 190 to alanine eliminates the inactivation of cytochrome P450 2B1 by peroxynitriteHsia-lien Lin
Department of Pharmacology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Chem Res Toxicol 16:129-36. 2003..Modeling studies suggest that Tyr 190 may play a structural role in maintaining the integrity of the protein for maximal activity through hydrogen bonding with Glu 149...
- Histone H1.2 is a substrate for denitrase, an activity that reduces nitrotyrosine immunoreactivity in proteinsYasuyuki Irie
Department of Integrative Biology and Pharmacology and the Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Texas Medical School, 6431 Fannin, MSB 4.100, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:5634-9. 2003..The activity was shown to be specific for Histone H1.2, to differ from proteasome activity, and to require no additional cofactors...
- Effect of selenolipoic acid on peroxynitrite-dependent inactivation of NADPH-cytochrome P450 reductaseS V Sergeeva
Institute of Chemical Kinetics and Combustion, Novosibirsk, 630090, Russia
Free Radic Res 35:491-7. 2001..In the presence of SeLA, the inactivation was reversible under the action of thiols, allowing us to conclude that the observed action of SeLA may be considered as protective...
- Role of oxidative stress in the pathophysiological mechanism of erectile dysfunctionAshok Agarwal
Center for Advanced Research in Human Reproduction, Infertility and Sexual Function, Glickman Urological Institute, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Ave, OH 44195, USA
J Androl 27:335-47. 2006
- Melatonin and nitric oxideS Aydogan
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Erciyes, 38039, Kocasinan, Kayseri, Turkey
J Endocrinol Invest 29:281-7. 2006..Thus, inhibition of NO production may be another means whereby melatonin reduces oxidative damage under conditions, such as ischemia-reperfusion, sepsis, etc, where NO seems to be important in terms of the resulting damage...
- Reactive oxygen species plasmatic levels in ischemic strokeLaura Nanetti
Institute of Biochemistry, Universita Politecnica delle Marche, Ancona, Italy
Mol Cell Biochem 303:19-25. 2007..Peroxynitrite might be the main marker of brain damage and neurological impairment in acute ischemic stroke...
- Mitochondrial nitric oxide in the signaling of cell integrated responsesMaria Cecilia Carreras
Laboratory of Oxygen Metabolism, University Hospital of Buenos Aires, Cordoba 2351, 1120 Buenos Aires, Argentina
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 292:C1569-80. 2007..On the contrary, lack of NO disrupts pathways like S-nitrosylation or H(2)O(2) production and likewise is a gateway to disease in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis with superoxide dismutase 1 mutations or to cancer proliferation...
- Peroxynitrite-mediated oxidative damage to brain mitochondria: Protective effects of peroxynitrite scavengersIndrapal N Singh
Spinal Cord and Brain Injury Research Center, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, Lexington, KY 40536 0509, USA
J Neurosci Res 85:2216-23. 2007....
- Role of peroxynitrite in secondary oxidative damage after spinal cord injuryYiqin Xiong
Spinal Cord and Brain Injury Research Center, University of Kentucky Chandler Medical Center, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
J Neurochem 100:639-49. 2007..Scavengers of PON, or its derived free radical species, may provide an improved antioxidant neuroprotective approach for the treatment of post-traumatic oxidative damage in the injured spinal cord...
- Asymmetric dimethylarginine inhibits HSP90 activity in pulmonary arterial endothelial cells: role of mitochondrial dysfunctionNeetu Sud
Vascular Biology Center, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 294:C1407-18. 2008..Mitochondrial dysfunction may be an understudied component of the endothelial dysfunction associated with various cardiovascular disease states...
- Peroxynitrite scavenging mode of alaternin isolated from Cassia toraTae Hyun Park
College of Pharmacy, Aging Tissue Bank, Pusan National University, Busan 609-735, Korea
J Pharm Pharmacol 56:1315-21. 2004..We believe alaternin can be developed as an effective ONOO- scavenger for the prevention of ONOO- -associated diseases...
- Hypercholesterolemia increases myocardial oxidative and nitrosative stress thereby leading to cardiac dysfunction in apoB-100 transgenic miceTamas Csont
Cardiovascular Research Group, Department of Biochemistry, University of Szeged, Szeged, Hungary
Cardiovasc Res 76:100-9. 2007....
- Vulnerability of central neurons to secondary insults after in vitro mechanical stretchMark Arundine
Toronto Western Hospital Research Institute, Toronto, Ontario, M5T 2S8 Canada
J Neurosci 24:8106-23. 2004..Our data explain the mechanism of enhanced vulnerability of sublethally injured neurons to secondary excitotoxic insults and highlight the importance of secondary mechanisms to the ultimate outcome of neurons in mild neurotrauma...
- Adiponectin cardioprotection after myocardial ischemia/reperfusion involves the reduction of oxidative/nitrative stressLing Tao
Department of Emergency Medicine, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Circulation 115:1408-16. 2007..The present study was designed to determine the mechanism by which adiponectin exerts its protective effects against myocardial ischemia/reperfusion...
- Phasic cardiovascular responses to mevinphos are mediated through differential activation of cGMP/PKG cascade and peroxynitrite via nitric oxide generated in the rat rostral ventrolateral medulla by NOS I and II isoformsJ Y H Chan
Department of Medical Education and Research, Kaohsiung Veterans General Hospital, Kaohsiung 813, Taiwan, Republic of China
Neuropharmacology 48:161-72. 2005..We conclude that sGC/cGMP/PKG cascade and peroxynitrite formation may participate in Mev-induced phasic cardiovascular responses as signals downstream to NO generated respectively by NOS I and II in the RVLM...
- Molecular targets against mustard toxicity: implication of cell surface receptors, peroxynitrite production, and PARP activationAhmet Korkmaz
Department of Physiology, Gulhane Military Medical Academy, 06018 Etlik Ankara, Turkey
Arch Toxicol 80:662-70. 2006..Therefore, variations of combination of cell membrane receptor blockers, antioxidants, nitric oxide synthase inhibitors, ONOO(-) scavengers, and PARP inhibitors should be investigated...
- Peroxynitrite generation and tyrosine nitration in defense responses in tobacco BY-2 cellsSyuhei Saito
Plant Pathology Laboratory, Graduate School of Bioagricultural Sciences, Nagoya University, Chikusa, Nagoya, 464-8601 Japan
Plant Cell Physiol 47:689-97. 2006..These bands were also recognized in INF1-treated BY-2 cells and were found to be slightly suppressed by urate. Our study is the first to report ONOO(-) detection and tyrosine nitration in defense responses in plants...
- Peroxynitrite causes endoplasmic reticulum stress and apoptosis in human vascular endothelium: implications in atherogenesisJeffrey G Dickhout
Henderson Research Centre, McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 25:2623-9. 2005..The observation that 3-nitrotyrosine-containing proteins colocalize with markers of ER stress within early atherosclerotic lesions suggests that peroxynitrite contributes to atherogenesis through a mechanism involving ER stress...
- Drugs modulating the biological effects of peroxynitrite and related nitrogen speciesAna Olmos
Departament de Farmacologia, Universitat de Valencia, Valencia, Spain
Med Res Rev 27:1-64. 2007....
- Hydroquinone modulates reactivity of peroxynitrite and nitric oxide productionAe Ra Kim
College of Pharmacy, Pusan National University, Pusan 609-735, South Korea
J Pharm Pharmacol 57:475-81. 2005..The results suggest that hydroquinone may potently modulate reactivity of ONOO(-) and may therefore be a useful agent against ONOO(-) mediated diseases...
- Thioredoxin reduces post-ischemic myocardial apoptosis by reducing oxidative/nitrative stressL Tao
Department of Cardiology, Xi Jing Hospital, The Fourth Military Medical University, PR China
Br J Pharmacol 149:311-8. 2006..Thioredoxin (Trx) is an oxidoreductase that prevents free radical-induced cell death in cultured cells. Here we assessed the mechanism(s) underlying the cardioprotective effects of Trx in vivo...
- Glycyrrhizae Radix attenuates peroxynitrite-induced renal oxidative damage through inhibition of protein nitrationTakako Yokozawa
Institute of Natural Medicine, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, Toyama 930 0194, Japan
Free Radic Res 39:203-11. 2005..The present study suggests that Glycyrrhizae Radix extract could protect the kidneys against ONOO- through scavenging ONOO- and/or its precursor NO, inhibiting protein nitration and improving renal dysfunction caused by ONOO-...
- Cerebrovascular nitrosative stress mediates neurovascular and endothelial dysfunction induced by angiotensin IIHelene Girouard
Division of Neurobiology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 27:303-9. 2007..We tested the hypothesis that AngII-derived superoxide reacts with nitric oxide (NO) to form peroxynitrite, which, in turn, contributes to the vascular dysfunction...
- Protein tyrosine nitration of the flavin subunit is associated with oxidative modification of mitochondrial complex II in the post-ischemic myocardiumChwen Lih Chen
Davis Heart and Lung Research Institute, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, College of Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Biol Chem 283:27991-8003. 2008....
- iNOS-derived NO and nox2-derived superoxide confer tolerance to excitotoxic brain injury through peroxynitriteTakayuki Kawano
Division of Neurobiology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 27:1453-62. 2007..Thus, peroxynitrite, in addition to its well-established deleterious role in ischemic brain injury and neurodegeneration, can also be beneficial by inducing tolerance to excitotoxicity...
- Role of redox signaling and poly (adenosine diphosphate-ribose) polymerase activation in vascular smooth muscle cell growth inhibition by nitric oxide and peroxynitriteJames Huang
Department of Surgery, San Francisco Veteran s Affairs Medical Center, Division of Vascular Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, USA
J Vasc Surg 47:599-607. 2008..We sought to define the intracellular effects and signaling mechanisms of nitric oxide and peroxynitrite in smooth muscle cells...
- Interference of 7,8-dihydroneopterin with peroxynitrite-mediated reactionsKarl Oettl
Institute for Physiological Chemistry, Medical University Graz, Harrachgasse 21 II, A 8010 Graz, Austria
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 321:379-85. 2004..We conclude that 7,8-dihydroneopterin while being a weak scavenger of superoxide acts as a very efficient inhibitor of tyrosine nitration induced by peroxynitrite...
- Glucocorticoid excess induces superoxide production in vascular endothelial cells and elicits vascular endothelial dysfunctionTakahiko Iuchi
Department of Medicine and Bioregulatory Sciences, University of Tokushima Graduate School of Medicine, Tokushima, Japan
Circ Res 92:81-7. 2003..These findings suggest that GC excess causes overproduction of ROS and thereby perturbs NO availability in the vascular endothelium, leading to vascular complications in patients with GC excess...
- Tyrosine-nitration of caspase 3 and cytochrome c does not suppress apoptosis induction in squamous cell carcinoma cellsEisaku Ueta
Department of Oral Surgery, Kochi Medical School, Kohasu, Oko cho, Nankoku City, Kochi, Japan
Int J Cancer 103:717-22. 2003..In conclusion, these results suggest that nitration of tyrosine residues of cytochrome c and procaspase 3 is induced by chemoradiotherapy but their nitration does not suppress cancer cell apoptosis...
- Regulation of the brain's vascular responses to oxygenIvan T Demchenko
Duke University Medical Center, Durham NC 27710, USA
Circ Res 91:1031-7. 2002..Thus, EC-SOD promotes NO* vasodilation by scavenging *O2- while hyperoxia opposes NO* and promotes constriction by enhancing endogenous *O2- generation and decreasing basal vasodilator effects of NO*...
- Protein tyrosine nitration in mouse peritoneal macrophages activated in vitro and in vivo: evidence against an essential role of peroxynitriteS Pfeiffer
, , A-8010 Graz, Austria
FASEB J 15:2355-64. 2001..These results argue against an essential role of peroxynitrite in protein tyrosine nitration in vivo...
- Comparison of uric acid and ascorbic acid in protection against EAESergei V Spitsin
Department of Immunology and Microbiology, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 33:1363-71. 2002..AA also potentiated lipid peroxidation in vivo and in vitro. In conclusion, the superior protective properties of UA in EAE may be related to its ability to neutralize the oxidative properties of ONOO- in the presence of free iron ions...
- The essential nutrient pyrroloquinoline quinone may act as a neuroprotectant by suppressing peroxynitrite formationYumin Zhang
Department of Neurology and Program in Neuroscience, Children's Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Eur J Neurosci 16:1015-24. 2002..These results suggest that PQQ scavenges superoxide without forming toxic levels of H2O2. Therefore, the protective effect of PQQ on stroke might be due, at least in part, to the suppression of peroxynitrite formation...
- Peroxynitrite scavenging activity of sinapic acid (3,5-dimethoxy-4-hydroxycinnamic acid) isolated from Brassica junceaYani Zou
College of Pharmacy, Pusan National University, Pusan 609-735, Korea
J Agric Food Chem 50:5884-90. 2002..The present study suggests that sinapic acid has an efficient ONOO(-) scavenging ability, which may well be a potent ONOO(-) oxidant scavenger for the protection of the cellular defense activity against the ONOO(-)-involved diseases...
- Ciclopirox prevents peroxynitrite toxicity in astrocytes by maintaining their mitochondrial function: a novel mechanism for cytoprotection by ciclopiroxJ-J Choi
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, Ewha Institute of Neuroscience, Ewha Women's University, 70 Chongro-6-ga, Chongro-Ku, Seoul 110-783, South Korea
Neuropharmacology 43:408-17. 2002..The present results indicate that ciclopirox protects astrocytes from peroxynitrite cytotoxicity by attenuating peroxynitrite-induced mitochondrial dysfunction...
- Augmented oxidative stress of platelets in chronic smokers. Mechanisms of impaired platelet-derived nitric oxide bioactivity and augmented platelet aggregabilityY Takajo
Department of Internal Medicine III and Cardiovascular Research Institute, Kurume University School of Medicine, Kurume, Japan
J Am Coll Cardiol 38:1320-7. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: Impaired PDNO bioactivity and augmented platelet aggregability may be caused by an imbalance of the intraplatelet redox state through increased oxidative stress in smokers...
- Enhanced NO and superoxide generation in dysfunctional hearts from endotoxemic ratsFadi H Khadour
Departments of Pharmacology and Pediatrics, Cardiovascular Research Group, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta T6G 2S2, Canada
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 283:H1108-15. 2002..Enhanced generation of both NO and superoxide, and thus peroxynitrite, occur in dysfunctional hearts from endotoxemic rats...
- Detection of peroxynitrite-induced protein and DNA modificationsScott Lorch
Stokes Research Institute, Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Methods Mol Biol 196:247-75. 2002
- Nitration of cytoskeletal proteins in the chicken embryo chorioallantoic membraneE Giannopoulou
Laboratory of Molecular Pharmacology, Department of Pharmacy, University of Patras, Patras, GR26504, Greece
Arch Biochem Biophys 400:188-98. 2002..These data suggest that tyrosine nitration of cytoskeletal proteins has a physiological role in vivo, which depends on the protein involved and is differentially regulated...
- The nitric oxide synthase inhibitor N(G)-nitro-L-arginine decreases defibrillation-induced free radical generationCraig B Clark
The Cardiovascular Center, University of Iowa, Iowa City, 52242, USA
Resuscitation 60:351-7. 2004..CONCLUSION: NO contributes to free radical generation and nitrosative injury after epicardial shocks; NOS inhibitors decrease radical generation by inhibiting the production of O = NOO-...
- Dehydroepiandrosterone inhibits the death of immunostimulated rat C6 glioma cells deprived of glucoseC Y Shin
Department of Pharmacology, College of Pharmacy, Seoul National University, San 56-1, Shillim-dong, Kwanak-Gu, Seoul 151-742, South Korea
Brain Res 922:267-75. 2001..The data indicate that DHEA prevents the glucose deprivation-evoked augmented death by inhibiting the production of superoxide anion in immunostimulated C6 glioma cells...
- Life imaging of peroxynitrite in rat microglial and astroglial cells: Role of superoxide and antioxidantsHeiko Possel
Institute of Medical Neurobiology, Otto-von-Guericke University of Magdeburg, Magdeburg, Germany
Glia 38:339-50. 2002..Among the substances under investigation in this study, glutathione and the synthetic compound ebselen had a major effect on preventing peroxynitrite formation, whereas ascorbate failed to decrease peroxynitrite levels...
Research Grants109 found, 100 shown here
- Molecular Basis for Microbicidal Action in PhagocytesJames Hurst; Fiscal Year: 2005..enzyme, myeloperoxidase, and the microbicidal competence of the putative macrophage-generated toxin, peroxynitrous acid (ONOOH)...
- PEROXYNITRITE DAMAGE TO MICROTUBULE PROTEINSLISA LANDINO; Fiscal Year: 2007..Researchers must consider and assess the effects of reactive molecules on abundant brain proteins because it is very likely that many proteins are damaged as we age. ..
- Ultrapotent PARS inhibitor for CNS traumaCsaba Szabo; Fiscal Year: 2003..Estimated worldwide revenues after market entry and maturation (ca. 4 years after FDA approval)=$750 million (annual). ..
- Peroxynitrate neutralizing agents for stroke therapyCsaba Szabo; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Neurotoxic Amphetamines Radicals & 5HT NeuronsDONALD KUHN; Fiscal Year: 2007..Research in this proposal is especially relevant to AIDS- related neuropathology, Parkinson's disease, and other neurodegenerative conditions in which microglial activation contributes to CNS damage. ..
- Poly(ADP-ribose) synthetase inhibition and diabetesCsaba Szabo; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Adenosine-3 agonists for the suppression of arthritisCsaba Szabo; Fiscal Year: 2003..A novel A3 receptor agonist may represent a useful anti-inflammatory adjunct to current therapeutic regimens; funding of the current SBIR Phase II will allow for starting human safety trials in 2 years. ..
- Poly(ADP-ribose)and diabetic erectile dysfunctionFANGMING ZUO; Fiscal Year: 2004..If these studies confirm that Inotek's PARP inhibitor is effective in improving erectile function in diabetes, a Phase II component will be triggered, which will focus on formal preclinical safety testing. ..
- Myicardial injury: role of poly (ADP-ribose) synthetaseCsaba Szabo; Fiscal Year: 2005..Further, based on exciting preliminary data, the final, fifth aim is focusing in establishing the role of PARS in myocardial preconditioning. ..
- Molecular Neurobiology of Drug AbuseDONALD KUHN; Fiscal Year: 2006..Kuhn will remain extensively engaged in scientific mentoring activities. ..
- NEUROSCIENCE TRAINING IN DRUG ABUSEDONALD KUHN; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- NEUROTOXIC AMPHETAMINES RADICAL & 5HT NEURONSDONALD KUHN; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies will test novel hypotheses relating to the identification of reactive species that mediate METH and MDMA effects on monoamine nerve endings. ..
- Mechanisms of cardiovascular dysfunction in diabetesCsaba Szabo; Fiscal Year: 2005..The final aim of the study is to investigate the activation of PARP in human microvasculature, and to correlate the degree of PARP activation with the degree of endothelial dysfunction in humans. ..
- Doxorubicin cardiotoxicity:protection by peroxynitriteCsaba Szabo; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- PARS and peroxynitrite induced cell deathCsaba Szabo; Fiscal Year: 2009..4 To establish the role of Bel family proteins in the regulation of calcium homeostasis during peroxynitrite-induced cell death. The studies proposed here have broad pathophysiological relevance. ..
- PARS INHIBITOR FOR THE THERAPY OF CIRCULATORY SHOCKLudmila Belayev; Fiscal Year: 2003..The current project will enable the applicants to move forward in two years, near to the level of the beginning of Phase II efficacy trial in septic patients. PROPOSED COMMERCIAL APPLICATION: Not Available ..
- Novel preservation fluid for organ transplantationJon Mabley; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Neurotoxic Amphetamines Radicals & 5HT NeuronsDonald M Kuhn; Fiscal Year: 2010..Research in this proposal is especially relevant to AIDS- related neuropathology, Parkinson's disease, and other neurodegenerative conditions in which microglial activation contributes to CNS damage. ..
- Role of peroxynitrite in morphine hyperalgesia and toleranceDaniela Salvemini; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- POLY (ADP-RIBOSE) SYNTHETASE AND REPERFUSION INJURYCsaba Szabo; Fiscal Year: 2000..The principal investigator will also investigate the changes in endothelial function during myocardial reperfusion injury, and the role of PARS in these changes. ..
- NEUROTOXIC AMPHETAMINES RADICALS AND 5HT NEURONSDONALD KUHN; Fiscal Year: 1999..Increases in brain levels of BH4 will test the hypothesis that the TPH cofactor can modulate the in vivo inactivation of TPH caused by MDMA as it does in vitro with NO/ROS. ..
- PARS and peroxynitrite induced cell deathCsaba Szabo; Fiscal Year: 2007..4 To establish the role of Bel family proteins in the regulation of calcium homeostasis during peroxynitrite-induced cell death. The studies proposed here have broad pathophysiological relevance. ..
- PKC SIGNALING AND THE TREATMENT OF BIPOLAR DISORDERDONALD KUHN; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Methamphetamine Neurotoxicity and Microglial ActivationDONALD KUHN; Fiscal Year: 2009..A better understanding of the mechanisms by which METH causes persistent damage to the DA neuronal system could lead to more targeted therapies and would open newer lines of investigation into this and other neurotoxic drugs of abuse. ..
- MICROARRAY ANALYSIS OF HUMAN COCAINE ADDICTSDONALD KUHN; Fiscal Year: 2002..Microarray-based scanning of the human genome has the potential to establish those genes or gene clusters that define the addictive phenotype, leading the way to proteomic-based studies of the bases of addiction. ..
- Poly(ADP-ribose)Polymerase & Doxorubicin CardiotoxicityJon Mabley; Fiscal Year: 2002..PROPOSED COMMERCIAL APPLICATIONS: The annual anticipated revenues for an effective therapeutic to prevent anti-cancer-drug induced cardiodepression is over $100 million in the US alone. ..
- Neurotoxic Amphetamines Radicals & 5HT NeuronsDONALD KUHN; Fiscal Year: 2009..Research in this proposal is especially relevant to AIDS- related neuropathology, Parkinson's disease, and other neurodegenerative conditions in which microglial activation contributes to CNS damage. ..
- Role of peroxynitrite in morphine hyperalgesia and toleranceDaniela Salvemini; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Role of poly(ADP-ribosyl)ation in diabetic neuropathyIRINA OBROSOVA; Fiscal Year: 2003..The studies are of direct relevance to the pathogenesis of PDN and may provide the rationale for development of PARS inhibitors for its prevention and treatment. ..
- High glucose and arteriolar Kv channelsYanping Liu; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results may suggest new therapeutic approaches for the treatment of microvascular dysfunction in patients with diabetes. ..
- Peroxynitrite decomposition catalyst:diabetic neuropathyIRINA OBROSOVA; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- MECHANISTIC PROBES FOR ENZYME-CATALYZED OXIDATIONSMartin Newcomb; Fiscal Year: 2007..A better understanding of the fundamental nature of the reactive species formed in the enzymes and the mechanisms of their reactions is expected to lead to lead ultimately to health-related advances in disease treatment and drug design. ..
- Role of Endothelin System and NAD(P)H Oxidase in Retinal Arteriolar DysfunctionTRAVIS HEIN; Fiscal Year: 2009..Project Description Page 6 ..
- FoxM1 regulates endothelial repair following lung vascular injuryYou Yang Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will also examine following LPS-induced vascular injury the ultrastructural defects and the cellular nature of the leaks and repair failure of the pulmonary vasculature in mice with endothelial cell- restricted deficiency of FoxM1. ..
- FoxM1 regulates endothelial repair following lung vascular injuryYou Yang Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will also examine following LPS-induced vascular injury the ultrastructural defects and the cellular nature of the leaks and repair failure of the pulmonary vasculature in mice with endothelial cell- restricted deficiency of FoxM1. ..
- Oxidant stress and diabetic endothelial dysfunctionMing Hui Zou; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- AMP-activated kinase in diabetic complicationsMing Hui Zou; Fiscal Year: 2007..They should also yield insights into how endothelium attempts to protect itself against these stresses and whether AMPK is a potential target for therapy for diabetes. ..
- 12/15-Lipoxygenase and Diabetic NeuropathyIRINA OBROSOVA; Fiscal Year: 2009..The findings will generate new information on the role for 12/15-LO in PDN of Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes, and may provide rationale for development of 12/15-LO inhibitors for its prevention and treatment. ..
- SYNTHESIS AND PHARMACOLOGY OF NOVEL OPIATE LIGANDSGavril Pasternak; Fiscal Year: 1993..Additional derivatives will be examined in vivo. Finally, we will compare the metabolism and pharmacokinetics of NalBzoH following both oral and intravenous administration...
- INTESTINAL MUCOSAL PROTECTION BY EPIDERMAL GROWTH FACTORRadhakrishna Rao; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..