Genomes and Genes
Summary: Nitric acid (HNO3). A colorless liquid that is used in the manufacture of inorganic and organic nitrates and nitro compounds for fertilizers, dye intermediates, explosives, and many different organic chemicals. Continued exposure to vapor may cause chronic bronchitis; chemical pneumonitis may occur. (From Merck Index, 11th ed)
Publications194 found, 100 shown here
- Solid phase extractive preconcentration of trace metals using p-tert-butylcalixarene-1,2-crown-4-anchored chloromethylated polymeric resin beadsSerap Seyhan
Dokuz Eylul University, Faculty of Science and Arts, Chemistry Department, 35160 Izmir, Turkey
Anal Chim Acta 584:462-8. 2007..The influence of several ions on the resin performance was also investigated. The validity of the proposed method was checked for these metal ions in NIST standard reference material 2709 (San Joaquin Soil) and 2711 (Montana Soil)...
- Impacts on microbial communities and cultivable isolates from groundwater contaminated with high levels of nitric acid-uranium wasteMatthew W Fields
Department of Microbiology, Miami University, Pearson Hall, Room 32, Oxford, OH 45056, USA
FEMS Microbiol Ecol 53:417-28. 2005....
- Atmospheric conversion of sulfur dioxide to particulate sulfate and nitrogen dioxide to particulate nitrate and gaseous nitric acid in an urban areaM I Khoder
Air Pollution Department, National Research Centre, Dokki, Giza, Egypt
Chemosphere 49:675-84. 2002Sulfur dioxide, nitrogen dioxide, particulate sulfate and nitrate, gaseous nitric acid, ozone and meteorological parameters (temperature and relative humidity) were measured during the winter season (1999-2000) and summer season (2000) ..
- The nitration of canrenone with acetic anhydride/nitric acidR Megges
Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine, Berlin Buch, Germany
Steroids 62:762-6. 1997..II reacts with acetic anhydride/nitric acid to give one main product (III) and some minor products...
- Nitric acid-induced bronchiolitis in rats mimics childhood Bronchiolitis obliteransClaudia L B Costa
Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, , Avenida Dr. Arnaldo 455, 1st Floor, , SP 01246-903, Brazil
Respiration 72:642-9. 2005..OBJECTIVES: In this study, we adapted the nitric acid (NA) technique to develop a suitable model to study CBO in rats. METHODS: We have intratracheally instilled 0...
- Removal torque and physico-chemical characteristics of dental implants etched with hydrofluoric and nitric acid. An experimental study in Beagle dogsJosé María Martínez-González
Madrid Complutense University, Dental School, Spain
Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal 11:E281-5. 2006To study the composition, surface characteristics and response to removal torque of an implant surface subjected to hydrofluoric acid etching and posterior passivating with hydrofluoric and nitric acid.
- Reactive uptake of acetic acid on calcite and nitric acid reacted calcite aerosol in an environmental reaction chamberAmy Preszler Prince
Departments of Chemistry, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Phys Chem Chem Phys 10:142-52. 2008..These results suggest a possible mechanism for observed correlations between particulate nitrate and organic acids in the atmosphere. Calcium rich mineral dust may be an important sink for simple organic acids...
- Immune cell infiltration and broncovascular remodeling after nitric acid nasal instillation in a mouse bronchiolitis obliterans modelA L Garippo
Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, , , Brazil
Lung 184:229-38. 2006..Eight weeks after a single nitric acid (NA) nasal instillation, lung changes were characterized by lumen distortion, epithelial layer folding, ..
- Simulated effects of acidic solutions on element dynamics in monsoon evergreen broad-leaved forest at Dinghushan, China. Part 1: dynamics of K, Na, Ca, Mg and PJuxiu Liu
Division of Restoration Ecology, South China Botanical Garden, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Guangzhou 510650, PR China
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 14:123-9. 2007..The primary purpose of this study was to provide information about how the dynamics of K, Na, Ca, Mg and P are affected by acid deposition in a typical forest in southern China...
- The effect of surface modifications on titanium to enable titanium-porcelain bondingManoel G Troia
Department of Prosthodontics, Araras Dentistry School, Herminio Ometto University, UNIARARAS, Rua Ipiranga 1034 12, CEP 13400 480 Piracicaba, SP, Brazil
Dent Mater 24:28-33. 2008..The objective of this study was to evaluate the influence of acid and caustic baths on the bonding characteristics of specific titanium porcelain bonded to cast commercially pure titanium (CP Ti)...
- Inorganic PM2.5 at a U.S. agricultural siteJohn T Walker
U S Environmental Protection Agency, National Risk Management Research Laboratory, Air Pollution Prevention and Control Division, Mail Drop E305 02, 109 T W Alexander Drive, Research Triangle Park, NC 27711, USA
Environ Pollut 139:258-71. 2006..Equilibrium modeling of the gas+aerosol NH3/H2SO4/HNO3 system shows that inorganic PM2.5 is more sensitive to reductions in gas + aerosol concentrations of sulfate and nitrate relative to NH3...
- Speciation and leachability of copper in mine tailings from porphyry copper mining: influence of particle sizeHenrik K Hansen
Departamento de Procesos Quimicos, Biotecnologicos y Ambientales, Universidad Tecnica Federico Santa Maria, Avenida España 1680, Valparaiso, Chile
Chemosphere 60:1497-503. 2005..Copper oxides and carbonates were the dominating species in the smaller particles, and the larger particles contained considerable amounts of sulphides...
- Recycling debonded brackets with an acid bathSalahuddien Dawjee
Medical University of Southern Africa, P.O. Box D12, Pretoria 0204, South Africa
J Clin Orthod 38:605-6. 2004
- Studies on hexavalent chromium biosorption by chemically-treated biomass of Ecklonia spDonghee Park
Advanced Environmental Biotechnology Research Center, Department of Chemical Engineering, School of Environmental Science and Engineering, Pohang University of Science and Technology, San 31, Hyoja-dong, Pohang 790-784, South Korea
Chemosphere 60:1356-64. 2005..In conclusion, mechanisms for direct and indirect Cr(VI) removal are proposed, and some aspects for the application of this biomass to Cr(VI) detoxification are discussed...
- Studies on the sorption and desorption characteristics of Zn(II) on the surface soils of nuclear power plant sites in India using a radiotracer techniqueSudhir Dahiya
Environmental Studies Section, Health Physics Division, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Mumbai 400085, India
Chemosphere 60:1253-61. 2005..The amount desorbed by strong base (NaOH) and demineralised water was almost negligible from soils of all the sites, whereas the desorption by strong acid (HNO3) was 75-96% of the adsorbed zinc...
- Flame atomic absorption spectrometric determination of trace amounts of nickel after extraction and preconcentration onto natural modified analcime zeolite loaded with 2-(5-bromo-2-pyridylazo)-5-diethylaminophenolDarush Afzali
Shahid Bahonar University of Kerman, Department of Chemistry, Kerman, Iran
J AOAC Int 88:842-6. 2005..5-10.5. The retained analyte on the Analcime is recovered with 5.0 mL 2 M nitric acid and determined by flame atomic absorption spectrometry...
- [Effect of different extractants on leaching characteristics of the fly ash from municipal solid waste incinerator]Yong Hai Jiang
College of Environmental Engineering, Beijing University of Chemical Technology, Beijing 100029, China
Huan Jing Ke Xue 28:2400-3. 2007....
- In vitro apatite formation on chemically treated (P/M) Ti-13Nb-13ZrFrank A Müller
Department of Materials Science III Biomaterials, University of Erlangen Nuernberg, Erlangen, Germany
Dent Mater 24:50-6. 2008..The objective of this study was to suggest a chemical surface treatment for Ti-13Nb-13Zr to initiate the formation of hydroxy carbonated apatite (HCA) during in vitro bioactivity tests in simulated body fluid (SBF)...
- Formation of microcrystals, micropuddles, and other spatial inhomogenieties in surface reactions under ambient conditions: an atomic force microscopy study of water and nitric acid adsorption on MgO(100) and CaCO3(104)Brenda J Krueger
Department of Chemistry and the Central Microscopy Research Facility, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242
Langmuir 21:8793-801. 2005..is used to image freshly cleaved MgO(100) and CaCO3(104) as these surfaces undergo reaction with water and nitric acid under ambient conditions of temperature, pressure, and relative humidity...
- Uptake and reaction of atmospheric organic vapours on organic filmsD J Donaldson
Department of Chemistry, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada, M5S 3H6
Faraday Discuss 130:227-39; discussion 241-64, 519-24. 2005..By contrast, the reaction in the pure organic film occurs in the bulk phase. Under some circumstances, heterogeneous oxidation of PAHs by ozone may be as important in the atmosphere as their gas phase oxidation by OH...
- Source identification and trends in concentrations of gaseous and fine particulate principal species in Seoul, South KoreaChoong-Min Kang
Department of Environmental Health, Exposure, Epidemiology, and Risk Program, School of Public Health, Harvard University, Boston, MA, USA
J Air Waste Manag Assoc 56:911-21. 2006....
- Removal of methyl parathion from water by electrochemically generated Fenton's reagentMababa Diagne
Universite de Marne la Vallee, Laboratoire des Géomatériaux et Géologie de l Ingénieur, 5 Boulevard Descartes, Champs sur Marne, 77454 Marne la Vallee Cedex 2, France
Chemosphere 66:841-8. 2007..Degradation experiments were performed either in perchloric, sulphuric, hydrochloric and nitric acid media under current controlled electrolysis conditions at different pH...
- The effects of surface lactone hydrolysis and temperature on the specific and nonspecific interactions between phenobarbital and activated carbon surfacesDale Eric Wurster
College of Pharmacy, University of Iowa, Iowa City, 52242, USA
J Pharm Sci 95:1540-8. 2006..The decrease in K(HB) per unit temperature increase was the same regardless of the activated carbon. These results are in very good agreement with the modified-Langmuir-like equation (M-LLE)...
- Adsorption of benzene and toluene from aqueous solutions onto activated carbon and its acid and heat treated forms: influence of surface chemistry on adsorptionN Wibowo
Department of Chemical Engineering, Widya Mandala Surabaya Catholic University, Kalijudan 37, Surabaya 60114, Indonesia
J Hazard Mater 146:237-42. 2007..The treatment with nitric acid caused the introduction of a significant number of oxygenated acidic surface groups onto the carbon surface, ..
- Leaching behavior of copper (II) in a soil column experimentJ Xu
College of Environmental Science and Engineering, Nankai University, Tianjin, People's Republic of China
Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 75:1028-33. 2005
- Effect of passivation and surface modification on the dissolution behavior and nano-surface characteristics of Ti-6Al-4V in Hank/EDTA solutionT M Lee
Institute of Oral Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, 701, Taiwan
J Mater Sci Mater Med 17:15-27. 2006The aim of the present study was to investigate the effects of passivation treatment (34% nitric acid passivation, 400 ( composite function)C heated in air, and aged in 100 ( composite function)C de-ionized water) and surface ..
- Solid-phase extraction of Mn(II), Co(II), Ni(II), Cu(II), Cd(II) and Pb(II) ions from environmental samples by flame atomic absorption spectrometry (FAAS)Celal Duran
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Art and Science, Karadeniz Technical University, 61080 Trabzon, Turkey
J Hazard Mater 146:347-55. 2007..08-0.26 microg L(-1). The method was validated by analyzing three certified reference materials. The method has been applied for the determination of trace elements in some environmental samples...
- [Effects of three different etching methods on surface morphology and element of pure titanium]Tao Jiang
School of Stomatology, Wuhan University, Wuhan 430079, China
Sheng Wu Yi Xue Gong Cheng Xue Za Zhi 23:814-7. 2006..The substances were TiO2, Ti2O3, TiO and metal Ti on the surface etched with HNO3 or hot H2SO4/H2O2. Only TiO2 was detected on the surface etched with hot H2SO4/HCl...
- Copper desorption from Gelidium algal biomassVítor J P Vilar
LSRE Laboratory of Separation and Reaction Engineering, Departamento de Engenharia Quimica, Faculdade de Engenharia da Universidade do Porto, Rua Dr Roberto Frias, 4200 465 Porto, Portugal
Water Res 41:1569-79. 2007..The homogeneous diffusion coefficient varied between 1.0 x 10(-7)cm(2)s(-1) for algae Gelidium and 3.0 x 10(-7)cm(2)s(-1) for the composite material...
- Characterization of carbons from olive cake by sorption of wastewater pollutantsG Cimino
Dipart di Chimica organica e biologica, Università degli Studi di Messina Salita Sperone 31, 98166 Messina, Italy
Chemosphere 61:947-55. 2005..An empirical mathematical form is proposed to correlate experimental data and to compare the performance of the different sorbent materials...
- Effects of carbonyl group formation on ammonia adsorption of porous carbon surfacesByung Joo Kim
Department of Green Chemistry and Environmental Biotechnology, University of Science and Technology, P O Box 107, Yuseong, Daejeon 305 600, Republic of Korea
J Colloid Interface Sci 311:311-4. 2007..8. This result was also supported by an ammonia gas removal test. The adsorption capacity increased to ACs-0.4, but then began to decrease at AC-0.8...
- Improved microwave-assisted wet digestion procedures for accurate Se determination in fish and shellfish by flow injection-hydride generation-atomic absorption spectrometryI Lavilla
Departamento de Quimica Analitica y Alimentaria, Area de Quimica Analitica, Universidad de Vigo, Facultad de Ciencias Química, As Lagoas Marcosende s n, 36310 Vigo, Spain
Anal Chim Acta 591:225-30. 2007..Automated ultrasonic slurry sampling with electrothermal atomic absorption spectrometry was also applied for comparison. Total Se contents in ten seafood samples were established. Se levels ranged from 0.7 to 2.9 microg g(-1)...
- Adsorption of anionic and cationic dyes on activated carbons with different surface chemistriesP C C Faria
, Faculdade de Engenharia da Universidade do Porto, Rua Dr. Roberto Frias, 4200-465 Porto, Portugal
Water Res 38:2043-52. 2004..The basic sample obtained by thermal treatment under H(2) flow at 700 degrees C is the best material for the adsorption of all the tested dyes...
- Biosorption of copper(II) by Marrubium globosum subsp. globosum leaves powder: effect of chemical pretreatmentHuseyin Yazici
Suleyman Demirel University, Engineering and Architecture Faculty, Environmental Engineering Department, Isparta, Turkey
J Hazard Mater 151:669-75. 2008..90, 45.78 and 43.91%, respectively) compared with raw biomass. Pretreatment with sulfuric and nitric acid solutions, 0.5 M, increased the biosorption capacity of biomass by 11.82 and 10...
- New data on the mobility of Pt emitted from catalytic convertersDaniel Fliegel
Institut für Mineralogie und Geochemie, Universitat Karlsruhe, Karlsruhe, Germany
Anal Bioanal Chem 379:131-6. 2004..Except for the mobile and easily mobilised fractions none of the other fractions of the sequential extraction contains Pt, neither in the dust samples nor in the gully sediment...
- Interactions of NO2 with sewage sludge based composite adsorbentsRobert Pietrzak
Department of Chemistry, The City College of the City University of New York, 138th Street at Convent Avenue, New York, NY 10031, United States
J Hazard Mater 154:946-53. 2008..In a water film nitrous and nitric acid can be formed and they can further react with inorganic and carbonaceous phases to the limited extent.
- Chemical coupling between ammonia, acid gases, and fine particlesBok Haeng Baek
Department of Marine, Earth, and Atmospheric Sciences, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27695, USA
Environ Pollut 129:89-98. 2004..The observed [NH(3)][HNO(3)] products exceeded values predicted by theoretical equilibrium constants, due to a local excess of ammonia concentration...
- Metal recovery from spent hydrodesulfurization catalysts using a combined acid-leaching and electrolysis processYi Chieh Lai
Department of Environmental Engineering, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan 70101, Taiwan
J Hazard Mater 154:588-94. 2008..For this operation, the total recoveries (leaching yieldxelectrolytic recovery) of Mo, Ni, and V were approximately 14, 60, and 65%, respectively...
- Mechanism study on adsorption of acidified multiwalled carbon nanotubes to Pb(II)Hongjuan Wang
School of Chemical and Energy Engineering, South China University of Technology, Guangzhou 510641, People s Republic of China
J Colloid Interface Sci 316:277-83. 2007..show that the oxygenous functional groups can be formed on MWCNTs after MWCNTs were treated by concentrated nitric acid. The oxygenous functional groups play an important role in Pb(II) adsorption to form chemical complex ..
- Extended X-ray absorption fine structure investigation of adsorption and separation phenomena of metal ions in organic resinAtsushi Ikeda
Synchrotron Radiation Research Center SPring 8, Japan Atomic Energy Agency, Kouto 1 1 1, Sayo cho, Sayo gun, Hyogo 679 5148, Japan
Anal Chem 79:8016-23. 2007..species of trivalent lanthanides (Ln(III)) adsorbed in a tertiary pyridine resin from hydrochloric acid and nitric acid solutions have been determined by EXAFS...
- Interference-free determination of thallium in aqua regia leaches from rocks, soils and sediments by D(2)-ETAAS method using mixed palladium-citric acid-lithium chemical modifierLenka Husáková
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Chemical Technology, University of Pardubice, Pardubice, nam Cs Legii 565, CZ 532 10, Czech Republic
Anal Chim Acta 614:38-45. 2008..The accuracy was verified by the analysis of certified reference samples and by the comparison of results with those found by an inductively coupled plasma orthogonal acceleration time-of-flight mass spectrometer (ICP-oa-TOFMS) method...
- Modeling the impact of sea-spray on particle concentrations in a coastal cityS C Pryor
Atmospheric Science Program, Department of Geography, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47405, USA
Sci Total Environ 391:132-42. 2008....
- Assessment of metal mobility in dredged harbour sediments from Barcelona, SpainA Guevara-Riba
, Universitat de Barcelona, Diagonal 647, 08028 Barcelona, Spain
Sci Total Environ 321:241-55. 2004..The good agreement observed with the results obtained as the sum of the four steps (extractable+residue) and the pseudo-total content shows that laboratory working conditions were under control...
- Trends of nitrogen in air and precipitation: model results and observations at EMEP sites in Europe, 1980--2003Hilde Fagerli
Norwegian Meteorological Institute, Research and Development Department, P O Box 43, Blindern, N 0313 Oslo, Norway
Environ Pollut 154:448-61. 2008..in air and for nitrate and ammonium in precipitation, but only at a few sites for xNO3 (sum of nitrate and nitric acid) in air. Model calculations and measurements give similar results...
- Effect of arm design and chemical polishing on retentive force of cast titanium alloy claspsHidemasa Shimpo
Department of Removable Prosthodontics, Tsurumi University, Yokohama, Japan
J Prosthodont 17:300-7. 2008..A decrease in the retentive force of the titanium clasps has frequently been observed. This study investigated the effect of retentive arm design and chemical polishing of titanium clasps...
- Synthesis of HNO3 from organic matter and its influence on nutrient replenishment in forest soilsEric Van Ranst
Laboratory of Soil Science, Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium
Environ Monit Assess 98:409-20. 2004..Especially in the coarse-textured soils the need for NO3- is high. Therefore, instead of being a real hazard for the forest ecological system, supplementary addition of HNO3 or NH3 can be beneficial...
- Leaching of heavy metals from chromated copper arsenate (CCA) treated wood after disposalAzita H Moghaddam
Department of Building, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Concordia University, 1455 de Maisonneuve Boulevard W, EV 006 187, Montreal, QC, Canada H3G 1M8
Waste Manag 28:628-37. 2008..2, 0.14 and 0.15 mg more than leachates by nitric acid (pH 5) on the basis of 1g of wood (initial contents of 1.03 mg, 0.42 g and 0.8 mg per g of wood)...
- The development of loads of cations, anions, Cd and Pb in precipitation and of atmospheric concentrations of N-components, in Switzerland from 1988 to 2003Lotti Thöni
FUB Research Group for Environmental Monitoring, Untere Bahnhofstrasse 30, P O 1645, CH 8640, Rapperswil, Switzerland
Environ Monit Assess 138:207-18. 2008..The long-term measurements show that the measures taken to reduce emissions were successful. A shorter monitoring period would have been misleading owing to data variability and temporary incidents e.g. amount of precipitation...
- Cadmium sorption in biosolids amended soils: results from a field trialG Merrington
Environment Agency, National Centre for Ecotoxicology and Hazardous Substances, Howbery Park, Wallingford, Oxfordshire, OX10 8BD, UK
Sci Total Environ 327:239-47. 2004..This discrepancy was attributed to the loss of highly sorptive water soluble species in both chemical extractions...
- Use of the diffusive gradients in thin films technique (DGT) with various diffusive gels for characterization of sewage sludge-contaminated soilsVladena Kovaríková
Institute of Chemistry and Technology of Environmental Protection, Faculty of Chemistry, Brno University of Technology, Purkynova 118, 612 00, Brno, Czech Republic
Anal Bioanal Chem 389:2303-11. 2007..Mobile and labile species of Cd, Cu, and Ni were much more closely related to upper rather than deeper horizons. This observation correlates very well with the mechanical treatment and amendment of the studied soils...
- Effect of activated carbons modification on porosity, surface structure and phenol adsorptionG G Stavropoulos
Chemical Engineering Department, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, TEI campus, P O Box 1520, 54006 Thessaloniki, Greece
J Hazard Mater 151:414-21. 2008..Modification of an activated carbon was performed using partial oxygen gasification, nitric acid treatment, urea impregnation followed by pyrolysis and pyrolysis in a urea saturated stream...
- Determination of trace aluminum in biological and water samples by cloud point extraction preconcentration and graphite furnace atomic absorption spectrometry detectionHongbo Sang
Key Laboratory of Pesticide and Chemical Biology of Ministry of Education, College of Chemistry, Central China Normal University, Wuhan 430079, PR China
J Hazard Mater 154:1127-32. 2008..09 ng mL(-1), and the relative standard deviation is 4.7% at 10 ng mL(-1) Al(III) level (n=7). The proposed method has been applied for determination of trace amount of aluminum in biological and water samples with satisfactory results...
- Heavy metal release from different ashes during serial batch tests using water and acidBernard Ludwig
Department of Environmental Chemistry, University of Kassel, Nordbahnhofstrasse 1a, 37213 Witzenhausen, Germany
Waste Manag 25:1055-66. 2005..Based on the chemical characteristics of ash materials in terms of their form and solubility of heavy metals, recommendations were made on the disposal or use of the four ash materials...
- Bio-availability of tungsten in the vicinity of an abandoned mine in the English Lake District and some potential health implicationsBob Wilson
Interdisciplinary Biomedical Research Centre, Nottingham Trent University, Clifton Lane, Nottingham, NG11 8NS, UK
Sci Total Environ 370:401-8. 2006..Tungsten appears to be relatively immobile when subjected to sequential extraction but increased bioavailability is indicated when single stage extraction using EDTA is employed...
- Utilization of fermentation waste (Corynebacterium glutamicum) for biosorption of Reactive Black 5 from aqueous solutionK Vijayaraghavan
Division of Environmental and Chemical Engineering, Research Institute of Industrial Technology, Chonbuk National University, Chonju 561 756, South Korea
J Hazard Mater 141:45-52. 2007..The use of a 0.1M NaOH solution successfully desorbed almost all the dye molecules from dye-loaded C. glutamicum biomass at different solid-to-liquid ratios examined...
- Effect of ultrasound agitation on the release of heavy elements in Certified Reference Material of human hair (CRM BCR 397)Tasneem G Kazi
University of Sindh, Center of Excellence in Analytical Chemistry, Jamshoro, Pakistan
J AOAC Int 89:1410-6. 2006..Concentrated nitric acid-30% hydrogen peroxide (2 + 1) was used for the leaching method...
- Comparison of systemic and local effects of nitric acid and hydrochloric acid: an experimental study in a rat modelOktay Eray
Department of Emergency Medicine, Akdeniz University, Medical Faculty, 07059 Antalya, Turkey
Ulus Travma Acil Cerrahi Derg 12:184-8. 2006..We aimed to determine the local and systemic effects of widely available household cleaners, namely 45% nitric acid (NHO(3)), and 18% hydrochloric acid (HCl), in a rat model...
- Estimating the extractability of potentially toxic metals in urban soils: a comparison of several extracting solutionsF Madrid
Instituto de Recursos Naturales y Agrobiología de Sevilla CSIC, Apartado 1052, Sevilla, Spain
Environ Pollut 147:713-22. 2007..Other metals gave poorer relationships. Similar conclusions were reached comparing EDTA and HCl, with much lower values for EDTA. Dilute HCl extraction cannot thus be recommended for general use as alternative to BCR SE in urban soils...
- Effects of organic and inorganic acids on phosphorus release from municipal sludgeN B Pakdil
Dept of Environmental Engineering, Dokuz Eylul University, Engineering Faculty, Kaynaklar Campus, Buca, 35160, Izmir, Turkey
Water Sci Technol 56:87-94. 2007This paper reports on the effects of inorganic acids (sulphuric acid, hydrochloric acid, nitric acid) and organic acids (citric acid, oxalic acids) for phosphorus recovery from sludge and struvite precipitation results...
- CWAO of phenol using CeO2/gamma-Al2O3 with promoter--effectiveness of promoter addition and catalyst regenerationI Pin Chen
Department of Environmental Engineering and Science, Chia Nan University of Pharmacy and Science, Tainan 717, Taiwan
Chemosphere 66:172-8. 2007..Therefore, addition of Cu, as well as other metal species, is unfavorable in promoting the CeO(2)/gamma-Al(2)O(3) catalyst...
- Natural and anthropogenic metal inputs to soils in urban Uppsala, SwedenK Ljung
Department of Soil Science, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, P O Box 7014, SE 750 07, Uppsala, Sweden
Environ Geochem Health 28:353-64. 2006..Contents of As, Al, Fe, Cr, Ni, Mn and W in Uppsala were concluded to be of mainly geological origin, while contents of Cd, Cu, Zn, Pb and Hg seemed to have been impacted upon by mainly urban activities...
- Comparison of the acid combinations in microwave-assisted digestion of marine sediments for heavy metal analysesJeneper M Lo
Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences, Faculty of Science, Kagoshima University, 1-21-35 Korimoto, Kagoshima-shi, Kagoshima 890-0065, Japan
Anal Sci 21:1181-4. 2005..It was observed that the HNO3-HF mixture showed better efficiency than the aqua regia-HF mixture in most of the heavy metals analyzed in all certified reference materials used...
- Sense or no-sense of the sum parameter for water soluble "adsorbable organic halogens" (AOX) and "absorbed organic halogens" (AOX-S18) for the assessment of organohalogens in sludges and sedimentsGerman Müller
Institute of Environmental Geochemistry, University of Heidelberg Im Neuenheimer Feld 236, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Chemosphere 52:371-9. 2003..Since chlorine is incorporated into the mineral structure and, as a consequence, not soluble by the nitric acid analytical step (pH 0...
- Epidemiology of 377 patients with chemical burns in Guangdong provinceYoufu Xie
Department of Burns, The Red Cross Hospital, 396 Tongfu Zhong Road, Jinan University, Guangzhou 510220, China
Burns 30:569-72. 2004..5%) and 40 (10.5%). Strong acids (60.8%), mainly sulfuric acid, nitric acid, hydrofluoric acid, alkali (33.9%), mainly lime and sodium hydroxide were common causative agents...
- [Effects of traditional Chinese medicine on the differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells to osteoblasts]Bao Yong Yan
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, College of Stomatology, Hebei Medical University, Shijiazhuang 050017, China
Zhonghua Kou Qiang Yi Xue Za Zhi 45:31-5. 2010..To investigate the effects of traditional Chinese medicine on the differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) to osteoblasts...
- [Study of the elements determination method in animal fur by microwave digestion ICP-AES]Tian Ping Hou
Jilin Teachers Institute of Engineeing and Technology, Changchun 130052, China
Guang Pu Xue Yu Guang Pu Fen Xi 28:1933-7. 2008..to the different characteristics of reagents, different allocated proportion and the test solution volume of nitric acid, hydrogen peroxide, hydrochloric acid and the water are tested separately...
- Formation of nitrate and sulfate in the plume of BerlinGerhard Lammel
Max Planck Institute for Meteorology, Bundesstr 53, 20146 Hamburg, Germany
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 12:213-20. 2005..Besides particulate ammonium and nitrate, the respective gaseous species ammonia and nitric acid can be formed as well...
- [Separation with ion exchange fiber column and determination of La, Nd, Eu and Gd in high purity ytterbium oxide by ICP-AES]Qi Gong
College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Guangxi University, Nanning 530004, China
Guang Pu Xue Yu Guang Pu Fen Xi 30:523-7. 2010..0) was fed into the ion exchange fiber column at 1.0 mL x min(-1), the column was pre--leached by dilute nitric acid (pH = 3.00) of 80 mL at 1.5 mL x min(-1) at first, and then was eluted by 0...
- Biosolids compost amendment for reducing soil lead hazards: a pilot study of Orgro amendment and grass seeding in urban yardsMark R Farfel
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Department of Health Policy and Management, 624 N Broadway, Room 380, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Sci Total Environ 340:81-95. 2005..Soils were resampled 1 year later. At each sampling time, total soil Pb was measured using a modified U.S. EPA nitric acid hotplate digestion method (SW 846 Method 3050) and bioaccessible Pb fraction was measured using the Solubility/..
- Laboratory study on the behaviour of spent AA household alkaline batteries in incinerationManuel F Almeida
LEPAE, Faculty of Engineering, University of Porto, Rua Dr Roberto Frias, 4200 465 Porto, Portugal
Waste Manag 29:342-9. 2009..emissions to a filter system followed by a set of two bubbler flasks having an aqueous solution of 10% (v/v) nitric acid. After each set of experiments, sulphur, chlorides and metals (As, Cd, Co, Cr, Cu, Fe, Hg, Mn, Ni, Pb, Sb, Tl ..
- [Pollution characteristics of antimony, arsenic and mercury in human hair at Xikuangshan antimony mining area and Guiyang City, China]Bi Jun Liu
State Key Laboratory of Environmental Geochemistry, Institute of Geochemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Guiyang 550002, China
Huan Jing Ke Xue 30:907-12. 2009..City were determined by hydride generation-atomic fluorescence spectrometry after having been digested by nitric acid and perchloric acid. The contents of Sb, As and Hg are 15.9, 4.21, 1...
- Age-related changes of elements and relationships among elements in human hippocampus, dentate gyrus, and fornixYoshiyuki Tohno
Department of Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
Biol Trace Elem Res 138:42-52. 2010..After ashing with nitric acid and perchloric acid, element contents were determined by inductively coupled plasma-atomic emission ..
- Synthesis, pharmacological activity and nitric oxide generation by nitrate derivatives of theophyllineLucyna Korzycka
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Drug Analysis, Faculty of Pharmacy, Medical University of Lodz, Muszynskiego 1, PL 90 151 Lodz, Poland
J Pharm Pharmacol 60:637-45. 2008..oxide (NO) donors - were synthesized by esterification of 7-hydroxyalkyl theophylline derivatives with fuming nitric acid. The nitrates obtained were tested in-vitro in reactions with sulfydryl compounds at appropriately adjusted pH ..
- Influence of nitrogen nutrition management on biomass partitioning and nitrogen use efficiency indices in hydroponically grown potatoGregory D Goins
Dynamac Corporation, Kennedy Space Center, FL 32899, USA
J Am Soc Hortic Sci 129:134-40. 2004..Standard nutrient solution management approaches include constant pH regulation with nitric acid (HNO3) and daily adjustment of electrical conductivity (EC) equivalent to half-strength modified Hoagland's ..
- Chemiluminescence determination of cefotaxime sodium with flow-injection analysis of cerium (IV)-rhodamine 6G system and its application to the binding study of cefotaxime sodium to protein with on-line microdialysis samplingDinglong Chen
College of Chemical Engineering, Shijiazhuang University, Shijiazhuang 050035, PR China
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 78:553-7. 2011..sodium based on the chemiluminescence reaction of cefotaxime sodium with ceric sulfate and rhodamine 6G in nitric acid solution...
- New energetic materials: functionalized 1-ethyl-5-aminotetrazoles and 1-ethyl-5-nitriminotetrazolesJörg Stierstorfer
Department Chemistry and Biochemistry, Energetic Materials Research, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich, Butenandtstrasse 5 13, 81377 Munich, Germany
Chemistry 15:5775-92. 2009..The protonation of 2 and 4 with dilute nitric acid led to 1-(2-hydroxyethyl)-5-aminotetrazolium nitrate (11) and 1-(2-azidoethyl)-5-aminotetrazolium nitrate (12), ..
- Removal of heavy metals from kaolin using an upward electrokinetic soil remedial (UESR) technologyJing Yuan Wang
School of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, 50 Nanyang Avenue, Singapore 639798, Singapore
J Hazard Mater 136:532-41. 2006..01 M nitric acid) were studied...
- Removal of metals from industrial sludge by extraction with different acidsChung Hsin Wu
Department of Environmental Engineering and Health, Yuanpei University of Science and Technology, Hsinchu, Taiwan, ROC
J Environ Sci Health A Tox Hazard Subst Environ Eng 39:2205-19. 2004..Citric acid, acetic acid, hydrochloric acid, nitric acid, and sulfuric acid at various concentrations were experimentally examined to determine preferred conditions for ..
- Evaluation of sampling methods for measuring exposure to volatile inorganic acids in workplace air. Part 1: sampling hydrochloric acid (HCl) and nitric acid (HNO₃) from a test gas atmosphereAlan Howe
Health and Safety Laboratory, Buxton, Derbyshire, UK
J Occup Environ Hyg 8:492-502. 2011Historically, workplace exposure to the volatile inorganic acids hydrochloric acid (HCl) and nitric acid (HNO(3)) has been determined mostly by collection on silica gel sorbent tubes and analysis of the corresponding anions by ion ..
- Air and groundwater pollution in an agricultural region of the Turkish Mediterranean coastSemra G Tuncel
Department of Chemistry, Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey
J Air Waste Manag Assoc 58:1240-9. 2008..The air pollution was investigated in terms of gas-phase nitric acid (HNO3), sulfur dioxide (SO2), ammonia (NH3), and particulate matter for a 6-month period in the atmosphere ..
- Enhanced methods for assessment of the trace element composition of Iron Age boneMartin M Shafer
State Laboratory of Hygiene, University of Wisconsin Madison, 2601 Agriculture Drive, Madison, WI 53707 7996, United States
Sci Total Environ 401:144-61. 2008..Calcium-normalized metal levels in brief, timed, dilute nitric acid leaches were compared with similarly normalized interior core metal levels to assess the degree of surface ..
- Anti-inflammatory mechanism of total glycosides of Acanthopanax GiraldiiFang Yuan
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510080, China
Chin J Integr Med 15:210-5. 2009..To study the anti-inflammatory mechanisms of total glycosides of Acanthopanax Giraldii (TGA)...
- Arsenic and chromium in canned and non-canned beverages in Nigeria: a potential public health concernJ M U Maduabuchi
ZETA 12, College of Health Sciences, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Nnewi Campus, P M B 5001, Nnewi, Anambra State, Nigeria
Int J Environ Res Public Health 4:28-33. 2007..canned and non-canned beverages (imported and locally manufactured) purchased in Nigeria were digested in nitric acid and analyzed by atomic absorption spectrophotometry (AAS). 33...
- L-tyrosine immobilized on multiwalled carbon nanotubes: a new substrate for thallium separation and speciation using stabilized temperature platform furnace-electrothermal atomic absorption spectrometryPablo H Pacheco
Departamento de Quimica Analitica, Facultad de Quimica, Bioquimica y Farmacia, Universidad Nacional de San Luis, Chacabuco y Pedernera, P O Box 375, 5700 San Luis, Argentina
Anal Chim Acta 656:36-41. 2009..The Tl(III) specie, which was retained by L-tyrosine, was quantitatively eluted from the column with 10% of nitric acid. An on-line breakthrough curve was used to determine the column capacity, which resulted to be 9...
- Adsorption behavior of epirubicin hydrochloride on carboxylated carbon nanotubesZhe Chen
China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing 210009, China
Int J Pharm 405:153-61. 2011..We prepared carboxylated multi-walled carbon nanotubes (c-MWNTs) with nitric acid treatment, then evaluated the adsorption ability of c-MWNTs as adsorbents for loading of the anticancer drug, ..
- [Research on the cytotoxic and genotoxic effects of rare-earth element holmium to Vicia faba]Ai Qu
Department of Biology, Xuzhou Normal University, Xuzhou 221116, China
Yi Chuan 26:195-201. 2004Crystal of nitrate, made by the reaction of holmium trioxide and nitric acid, was dissolved in distilled water, thus diluted into gradient solution...
- PET fiber fabrics modified with bioactive titanium oxide for bone substitutesTadashi Kokubo
Department of Biomedical Sciences, College of Life and Health Sciences, Chubu University, Kasugai shi, Aichi, Japan
J Mater Sci Mater Med 19:695-702. 2008..terephthalate (PET) was soaked in a titania solution composed of titanium isopropoxide, water, ethanol and nitric acid at 25 degrees C for 1 h...
- Persistence strategies of Bacillus cereus spores isolated from dairy silo tanksRanad Shaheen
Department of Applied Chemistry and Microbiology, University of Helsinki, Biocenter 1, Viikinkaari 9, Helsinki, Finland
Food Microbiol 27:347-55. 2010..0% sodium hydroxide at pH 13.1, 75 degrees C; 0.9% nitric acid at pH 0...
- Improved and selective platinum recovery from spent alpha-alumina supported catalysts using pretreated anionic ion exchange resinK Shams
Department of Chemical Engineering, Isfahan University of Technology, Isfahan 84154, Iran
J Hazard Mater 131:229-37. 2006..20 vol.% nitric acid as an oxidizing agent from de-coked and crushed spent catalyst...
- Scavenging of Cd through Fe/Mn oxides within natural surface coatingsYu Li
Institute of Applied Ecology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shenyang 110016, China
J Environ Sci (China) 18:1199-203. 2006..01 mol/L NH2OH x HCl + 0.01 mol/L HNO3), sodium dithionite (0.4 mol/L Na2S2O4) and nitric acid (10% HNO3) were used as extraction reagents...
- Assessment of arsenic mobility in the soils of some golf courses in South FloridaYong Cai
Sci Total Environ 291:123-34. 2002..Sodium nitrate (0.1 M), potassium dihydrogen phosphate (0.1 M) and concentrated nitric acid were used to obtain mobile, mobilizable, and pseudo total arsenic fractions...
- Characterization and distribution of the selected metals in the scalp hair of cancer patients in comparison with normal donorsQaisara Pasha
Department of Biochemistry, Quaid i Azam University, Islamabad 45320, Pakistan
Biol Trace Elem Res 118:207-16. 2007..b>Nitric acid-perchloric acid wet digestion procedure was used for the quantification of the selected metals by flame atomic ..
- Serum clara-cell protein and beta2-microglobulin as early markers of occupational exposure to nitric oxidesT Hałatek
Department of Toxicology and Carcinogenesis, Nofer Institute of Occupational Medicine, Lodz, Poland
Inhal Toxicol 17:87-97. 2005Biochemical effects of NOx on 60 workers (both genders) of nitric acid production were studied. The control group consisted of 61 nonexposed people employed elsewhere in the plant...
- Assessment of the ozone-nitrogen oxide-volatile organic compound sensitivity of Mexico City through an indicator-based approach: measurements and numerical simulations comparisonRicardo Torres-Jardon
Centro de Ciencias de la Atmosfera, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Mexico City, Mexico
J Air Waste Manag Assoc 59:1155-72. 2009..issue, we compared measurements of the indicator species O3/NOy (where NOy represents the sum of NO + NO2 + nitric acid [HNO3] + peroxyacetyl nitrate [PAN] + others), NOy, and the semiempirically derived O3/NOz(surrogate) (where ..
- [Analysis of primary elemental speciation distribution in mungbean during enzymatic hydrolization]Ji Hua Li
Agricultural Product Processing Research Institute of Chinese Academy of Tropical Agricultural Sciences, Zhanjiang 524001, China
Guang Pu Xue Yu Guang Pu Fen Xi 29:797-800. 2009..45 microm of pore diameter. All the samples were digested by strong acid (perchloric acid and nitric acid with 1 : 4 ratio ). The parameters of primary speciations of the four elements were calculated and discussed...
- Lead contamination of inexpensive plastic jewelryJamie L Yost
Department of Chemistry, Ashland University, Ashland, OH 44805, USA
Sci Total Environ 393:348-50. 2008..Beads were screened by soaking in 1 M nitric acid. Nine items found to release more than 30 microg of lead per bead were further tested for accessible lead, and ..
- Evaluation of polymer inclusion membranes containing crown ethers for selective cesium separation from nuclear waste solutionP K Mohapatra
Radiochemistry Division, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Trombay, Mumbai 400085, India
J Hazard Mater 169:472-9. 2009Transport behaviour of (137)Cs from nitric acid feed was investigated using cellulose triacetate plasticized polymer inclusion membrane (PIM) containing several crown ether carriers viz...
- Surface modification of coconut shell based activated carbon for the improvement of hydrophobic VOC removalLin Li
Research Center for Eco Environmental Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100085, PR China
J Hazard Mater 192:683-90. 2011In this study, coconut shell based carbons were chemically treated by ammonia, sodium hydroxide, nitric acid, sulphuric acid, and phosphoric acid to determine suitable modification for improving adsorption ability of hydrophobic volatile ..
- Comparison of three sequential extraction procedures used to study trace metal distribution in an acidic sandy soilCorinne Parat
Microbiologie et Géochimie des Sols, Centre des Sciences de la Terre 6, UMR INRA 111, Boulevard Gabriel, 21000 Dijon, France
Anal Bioanal Chem 376:243-7. 2003..0 in nitric acid medium (OMHyd)...
- Cr(VI) removal from synthetic wastewater using coconut shell charcoal and commercial activated carbon modified with oxidizing agents and/or chitosanSandhya Babel
Environmental Technology Program, Sirindhorn International Institute of Technology SIIT, Thammasat University, P O Box 22, Thammasat Rangsit PO, Pathumthani 12121, Thailand
Chemosphere 54:951-67. 2004..Surface modifications of CSC and CAC with chitosan and/or oxidizing agents, such as sulfuric acid and nitric acid, respectively, are also conducted to improve removal performance...
- Photochemistry of adsorbed nitrate on aluminum oxide particle surfacesGayan Rubasinghege
Department of Chemistry, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52246, USA
J Phys Chem A 113:7818-25. 2009Nitrogen oxides, including nitrogen dioxide and nitric acid, react with mineral dust particles in the atmosphere to yield adsorbed nitrate...
- Mechanisms of Dicumarol-Induced CytotoxicityJOSEPH CULLEN; Fiscal Year: 2007..pancreatic cancer cells. ..
- S-Nitrosylation of Matrix Metalloproteinases in AIDSStuart Lipton; Fiscal Year: 2007..In the future, the work proposed here may lead to new therapeutic targets based on the novel extracellular signaling pathway involving NO-related molecules and the MMPs that will be studied. ..
- LABORATORY OF DEVELOPMENTAL BIOLOGYALAN FANTEL; Fiscal Year: 2007..Additionally, the efficiency and expertise of the experienced staff enables the Laboratory to maximize the samples retrieved from each specimen. ..
- ERYTHROPOIETIN-INDUCED NEUROPROTECTIONStuart Lipton; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- RETINAL GANGLION CELLS: ION CHANNELS & TRANSMITTERSStuart A Lipton; Fiscal Year: 2010..To characterize the ligand-binding site of NR3-containing receptors, and use information from  and  to distinguish expression of NR1/NR3 "doublet" receptors from NR1/NR2/NR3 "triplet" receptors on RGCs. ..
- NEURAL BASIS OF TASTE ELICITED INGESTION AND REJECTIONJOSEPH TRAVERS; Fiscal Year: 2009..Understanding the neurological basis of the fundamental biological decision ingest or reject food will contribute to the eventual solution of these chronic debilitating disorders. ..
- RETINAL GANGLION CELLS: ION CHANNELS & TRANSMITTERSStuart Lipton; Fiscal Year: 2009..To characterize the ligand-binding site of NR3-containing receptors, and use information from  and  to distinguish expression of NR1/NR3 "doublet" receptors from NR1/NR2/NR3 "triplet" receptors on RGCs. ..
- HYPOGONADOTROPIC HYPOGONADISM, INSULIN SENSITIVITY AND INFLAMMATION IN TYPE 2 DIAParesh Dandona; Fiscal Year: 2009..The decrease in inflammation with testosterone treatment may have relevance for atherosclerosis and cardiovascular risk. ..
- Inflammation in obesity: Modulation by Weight LossParesh Dandona; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Mechanisms of Electron Transfer in Nitric Oxide Synthases: the Output State in NiChangjian Feng; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed studies will significantly improve the fundamental understanding of NOS regulation, and will provide important new insight as to how NOS might be selectively modulated for therapeutic purposes. ..
- NEURAL BASIS OF TASTE ELICITED INGESTION AND REJECTIONJOSEPH TRAVERS; Fiscal Year: 1993..Understanding the neurological basis of this fundamental biological decision to ingest or reject will contribute to the eventual solution of these chronic debilitating disorders..
- RETINAL GANGLION CELLS--ION CHANNELS & TRANSMITTERSStuart Lipton; Fiscal Year: 2004..3] To elucidate the molecular mechanism of action of NR3A whereby it decreases NMDAR-activated current.  To clone and characterize a second NMDAR subunit, NR3B, isolated from the rat retina. ..
- Mechanistic Role of Peroxynitrite in Gallbladder DiseaseJOSEPH CULLEN; Fiscal Year: 2004..In addition, it is expected that the results will fundamentally advance the field of free radical biology and gallbladder physiology. ..
- Acute and Chronic Microdialysis in the Gustatory SystemJOSEPH TRAVERS; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- AIDS-RELATED NEUROTOXCITY: GP120 AND CHEMOKINESStuart Lipton; Fiscal Year: 2003..5. Use neuronal cultures derived from CXCR4- and CCR5 knockout mice to assess the necessity of these receptors on in vitro gp120-induced toxicity. ..
- Mechanisms of Electron Transfer in Nitric Oxide Synthases: the Output State in NiChangjian Feng; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed studies will significantly improve the fundamental understanding of NOS regulation, and will provide new important insight as to how NOS might be selectively modulated for therapeutic purposes. ..
- Depletion of Mitochondrial S-Nitrosothiols in ALSJoan Mannick; Fiscal Year: 2005..Our long term goal is to determine if SNO donor compounds (which have been used for decades in the treatment of coronary artery disease with limited toxicity) have therapeutic efficacy in patients with ALS. ..
- Caspase Cleavage of MEF2 Mediates Neuronal ApoptosisStuart Lipton; Fiscal Year: 2007....