Genomes and Genes
Summary: Inorganic compounds that contain lithium as an integral part of the molecule.
Publications222 found, 100 shown here
- Evidence for association of an ACCN1 gene variant with response to lithium treatment in Sardinian patients with bipolar disorderAlessio Squassina
Department of Neuroscience BB Brodie, University of Cagliari, Cagliari, Italy
Pharmacogenomics 12:1559-69. 2011..Here, we present the results of an exploratory genome-wide scan followed by extended genotyping carried out on a sample of 204 Sardinian BD patients characterized for lithium response...
- Mania-like behavior induced by disruption of CLOCKKole Roybal
Department of Psychiatry and Center for Basic Neuroscience, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9070, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:6406-11. 2007..These findings establish the Clock mutant mice as a previously unrecognized model of human mania and reveal an important role for CLOCK in the dopaminergic system in regulating behavior and mood...
- The role of lithium in the treatment of bipolar disorder: convergent evidence for neurotrophic effects as a unifying hypothesisRodrigo Machado-Vieira
Experimental Therapeutics, Mood and Anxiety Disorders Research Program, NIMH NIH, Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Bipolar Disord 11:92-109. 2009..Continued work to decipher lithium's molecular actions will likely lead to the development of not only improved therapeutics for BD, but to neurotrophic enhancers that could prove useful in the treatment of many other illnesses...
- Molecular effects of lithiumJorge A Quiroz
Laboratory of Molecular Pathophysiology, Mood and Anxiety Disorders Program, National Institute of Mental Health, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Mol Interv 4:259-72. 2004..Many of the new insights of lithium's actions may lead to the strategic development of improved therapeutics for the treatment of bipolar disorder...
- Hippocampal morphology in lithium and non-lithium-treated bipolar I disorder patients, non-bipolar co-twins, and control twinsTheo G M van Erp
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, UCI, Irvine, California 92617, USA
Hum Brain Mapp 33:501-10. 2012..We examined familial contributions to hippocampal morphology in bipolar disorder, using a population-based twin cohort design...
- Early life stress changes concentrations of neuropeptide Y and corticotropin-releasing hormone in adult rat brain. Lithium treatment modifies these changesHenriette Husum
Institution of Clinical Neuroscience and Institution of Physiology and Pharmacology, Division of Pharmacology, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Neuropsychopharmacology 27:756-64. 2002..The results suggest that early life stress has long-term effects on brain NPY with implications for the development of depression/vulnerability to stress, and that one therapeutic mechanism of action of lithium is to increase brain NPY...
- Evidence for selective microRNAs and their effectors as common long-term targets for the actions of mood stabilizersRulun Zhou
Laboratory of Molecular Pathophysiology, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 34:1395-405. 2009..These findings are the first to demonstrate that miRNAs and their predicted effectors are targets for the action of psychotherapeutic drugs...
- Restraint stress influences AP-1 and CREB DNA-binding activity induced by chronic lithium treatment in the rat frontal cortex and hippocampusJeannette C Miller
Department of Psychiatry, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016 8382, USA
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 10:609-19. 2007..Our findings of increased AP-1 and CREB binding after lithium are consistent with lithium's inhibitory effect on glycogen synthase kinase-3beta, which has been show to negatively regulate AP-1 and CREB transcriptional activity...
- A possible association between missense polymorphism of the breakpoint cluster region gene and lithium prophylaxis in bipolar disorderTakuya Masui
Department of Psychiatry, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Kita 15 Nishi 7, Kita ku, Sapporo, 060 8638, Hokkaido, Japan
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 32:204-8. 2008..We found that the allele frequency of Ser796 was significantly higher in non-responders than in responders. Further investigation is warranted to confirm our findings...
- The pharmacogenetics of lithium response depends upon clinical co-morbidityTroy Bremer
Prediction Sciences, Inc, San Diego, California, USA
Mol Diagn Ther 11:161-70. 2007..A test that could predict response to lithium based upon genetic factors would have significant clinical value...
- Lithium response and genetic variation in the CREB family of genesFiroza Mamdani
McGill Group for Suicide Studies Depressive Disorders Group, Douglas Hospital, Research Centre, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 147:500-4. 2008..Following correction for multiple testing, our results suggest that the CREB1-1H SNP (G/A change, P < 0.002) and the CREB1-7H SNP (T/C change, P < 0.002) may be associated with BD and/or lithium response...
- The International Consortium on Lithium Genetics (ConLiGen): an initiative by the NIMH and IGSLI to study the genetic basis of response to lithium treatmentThomas G Schulze
Genetic Basis of Mood and Anxiety Disorders, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, MD 20892 3719, USA
Neuropsychobiology 62:72-8. 2010..A stringent phenotype definition of response is one of the hallmarks of this collaboration. ConLiGen invites all lithium researchers to join its efforts...
- Paliperidone as a mood stabilizer: a pre-frontal cortex synaptoneurosomal proteomics comparison with lithium and valproic acid after chronic treatment reveals similarities in protein expressionMaria del Pilar Corena-McLeod
Neuropsychopharmacology Laboratory, Department of Neuroscience, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, FL, USA
Brain Res 1233:8-19. 2008....
- Pharmacogenetics of lithium long-term treatment: focus on initiation and adaptation mechanismsAlessandro Serretti
Institute of Psychiatry, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Neuropsychobiology 62:61-71. 2010..Moreover, the pharmacogenetics reports that are not strictly associated with the mechanisms that are thought to be acutely and chronically elicited by lithium will be included in the final part of the paper...
- Identifying predictors for good lithium response - a retrospective analysis of 100 patients with bipolar disorder using a life-charting methodLena Backlund
Karolinska Institute, Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Section of Psychiatry, Karolinska University Hospital, Huddinge M57, SE 141 86 Stockholm, Sweden
Eur Psychiatry 24:171-7. 2009..Our aim was to investigate bipolar patients in order to test the validity of various outcome measures and to identify prognostic predictors for pharmacological treatment...
- Effects of alcohol, lithium, and homocysteine on nonmuscle myosin-II in the mouse placenta and human trophoblastsMingda Han
Department of Pediatrics, University of South Florida All Children s Hospital Children s Research Institute, St Petersburg, FL, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 207:140.e7-19. 2012....
- No association of three GRIN2B polymorphisms with lithium response in bipolar patientsAleksandra Szczepankiewicz
Psychiatric Genetics Unit, Department of Psychiatry, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Poland
Pharmacol Rep 61:448-52. 2009..The authors conclude that polymorphisms of the GRIN2B gene did not show an association with the treatment response to lithium in bipolar patients...
- Lithium: still a cornerstone in the long-term treatment in bipolar disorder?Alessandra M A Nivoli
Bipolar Disorder Program, IDIBAPS, CIBERSAM, Clinical Institute of Neuroscience, Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Neuropsychobiology 62:27-35. 2010..Despite its worldwide clinical use, the effectiveness of lithium has been questioned. The aim of this work is to critically review the available data on randomized controlled trials (RCTs) concerning long-term lithium treatment...
- Stargazin involvement with bipolar disorder and response to lithium treatmentGilad Silberberg
Department of Human Molecular Genetics and Biochemistry, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Pharmacogenet Genomics 18:403-12. 2008....
- Bipolar disorderR H Belmaker
Stanley Research Center, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beersheba, Israel
N Engl J Med 351:476-86. 2004
- Actimetric evidence that CLOCK 3111 T/C SNP influences sleep and activity patterns in patients affected by bipolar depressionFrancesco Benedetti
Department of Neuropsychiatric Sciences, Scientific Institute and University Vita Salute San Raffaele, Milan, Italy
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 144:631-5. 2007..Individual characteristics of the molecular clock can influence sleep symptoms in mood disorders...
- Mood stabilisers plus risperidone or placebo in the treatment of acute mania. International, double-blind, randomised controlled trialLaksami N Yatham
University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Br J Psychiatry 182:141-7. 2003..Few double-blind trials have examined the efficacy of a combination of a mood stabiliser and an atypical antipsychotic in acute mania...
- Family-based association study of lithium-related and other candidate genes in bipolar disorderRoy H Perlis
Psychiatric and Neurodevelopmental Genetics Unit, Center for Human Genetic Research, Massachusetts General Hospital, 185 Cambridge St, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 65:53-61. 2008..Recent developments suggest that a broader pool of genes may be associated with this disorder...
- In search of the Holy Grail for the treatment of neurodegenerative disorders: has a simple cation been overlooked?De Maw Chuang
Mood and Anxiety Disorders Program, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1363, USA
Biol Psychiatry 62:4-6. 2007
- Lithium reduces ischemia-induced hippocampal CA1 damage and behavioral deficits in gerbilsQingming Bian
Department of Anesthesiology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, PR China
Brain Res 1184:270-6. 2007..These results underscore the ability of lithium to improve functional behavioral outcome in gerbil and rodent cerebral ischemic models and further indicate the potential therapeutic use of lithium in certain human stroke conditions...
- Lipopolysaccharide-induced interleukin-6 production is controlled by glycogen synthase kinase-3 and STAT3 in the brainEleonore Beurel
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurobiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294 0017, USA
J Neuroinflammation 6:9. 2009..To identify potential targets to control brain IL-6, we tested if IL-6 produced by glia is regulated by signal transducer and activator of transcription-3 (STAT3) and glycogen synthase kinase-3 (GSK3)...
- Interacting genes in lithium prophylaxis: preliminary results of an exploratory analysis on the role of DGKH and NR1D1 gene polymorphisms in 199 Sardinian bipolar patientsMirko Manchia
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, Department of Neurosciences B B Brodie, University of Cagliari, SS 554, Km 4, 500, 09042 Monserrato, Cagliari, Italy
Neurosci Lett 467:67-71. 2009..Moreover, the lack of statistic interaction might not necessarily correspond to a lack of biologic interaction between the genes studied...
- The PDLIM5 gene and lithium prophylaxis: an association and gene expression analysis in Sardinian patients with bipolar disorderAlessio Squassina
Section of Clinical Pharmacology, Department of Neurosciences B B Brodie, University of Cagliari, SS 554, Km 4, 500, 09042 Monserrato, Cagliari, Italy
Pharmacol Res 57:369-73. 2008..Our negative findings do not exclude involvement of PDLIM5 in lithium prophylaxis, and further investigation is warranted...
- The role of lithium in modulation of brain genes: relevance for aetiology and treatment of bipolar disorderS Hossein Fatemi
Department of Psychiatry, Division of Neuroscience Research, University of Minnesota Medical School, MMC 392, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Biochem Soc Trans 37:1090-5. 2009....
- No association between lithium full responders and the DRD1, DRD2, DRD3, DAT1, 5-HTTLPR and HTR2A genes in a Sardinian sampleMirko Manchia
Section of Clinical Pharmacology, Department of Neurosciences B B Brodie, University of Cagliari, P O San Giovanni di Dio, Via Ospedale 46, 09124 Cagliari, Italy
Psychiatry Res 169:164-6. 2009..No significant association was shown between the polymorphisms of the genes studied and response to lithium treatment...
- Akt/GSK3 signaling in the action of psychotropic drugsJean Martin Beaulieu
Department of Anatomy and Physiology, Université Laval CRULRG, Quebec, Canada
Annu Rev Pharmacol Toxicol 49:327-47. 2009..Elucidation of the contribution of multiple signaling pathways to the action of psychotropic drugs may provide a better biological understanding of psychiatric disorders and lead to more efficient therapeutics...
- Neuroprotective effect of chronic lithium treatment against hypoxia in specific brain regions with upregulation of cAMP response element binding protein and brain-derived neurotrophic factor but not nerve growth factor: comparison with acute lithium treatN Omata
Department of Neuropsychiatry, University of Fukui, Fukui, Japan
Bipolar Disord 10:360-8. 2008..Furthermore, we investigated the contribution of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), nerve growth factor (NGF), and cAMP response element binding protein (CREB) to the neuroprotective effect of lithium...
- A double blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial of quetiapine as an add-on therapy to lithium or divalproex for the treatment of bipolar maniaLakshmi N Yatham
Division of Mood Disorders, University of British Columbia, UBC Hospital, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 22:212-20. 2007..Overall, the combination of quetiapine with lithium or divalproex was well tolerated...
- Lithium reduces pathological aggression and suicidality: a mini-reviewBruno Muller-Oerlinghausen
Drug Commission of the German Medical Association, Berlin, Germany bmoe zedat fu berlin de
Neuropsychobiology 62:43-9. 2010....
- Risperidone plus lithium versus risperidone plus valproate in acute and continuation treatment of maniaLakshmi N Yatham
University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia Janssen Ortho Inc, Toronto, Canada
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 19:103-9. 2004..These data suggest that risperidone can be safely combined with either lithium or valproate, and that the efficacy is similar regardless of the mood stabilizer used...
- Monitoring of glomerular filtration rate in lithium-treated outpatients--an ambulatory laboratory database surveillanceNader Bassilios
Réseau Néphropar and Nephrology Department, AP HP, Necker Hospital, Paris, France
Nephrol Dial Transplant 23:562-5. 2008..The long-term risk of chronic kidney disease (CKD) in lithium (Li)-treated patients has been well established in the recent years...
- Lithium: a review of its metabolic adverse effectsCallum Livingstone
Clinical Biochemistry Department, Royal Surrey County Hospital, Guildford, Surrey, UK
J Psychopharmacol 20:347-55. 2006..We review aspects of these actions of lithium including their prevalence, risk factors, biochemical changes involved and management, and discuss some advances that have been made in their understanding in recent years...
- Lithium delays progression of amyotrophic lateral sclerosisFrancesco Fornai
Department of Human Morphology and Applied Biology, University of Pisa 56100 Pisa, Italy
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:2052-7. 2008..All these mechanisms may contribute to the effects of lithium, and these results offer a promising perspective for the treatment of human patients affected by ALS...
- Calpains as a target for therapy of neurodegenerative diseases: putative role of lithiumAntoni Camins
Institut de Biomedicina, Centros de Investigación Biomédica en Red de Enfermedades Neurodegenerativas, Universitat de Barcelona Nucli Universitari de Pedralbes, Barcelona, Spain
Curr Drug Metab 10:433-47. 2009....
- Evolving trends in the long-term treatment of bipolar disorderEduard Vieta
Bipolar Disorders Program, Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona, IDIBAPS, Barcelona, Spain
World J Biol Psychiatry 8:4-11. 2007..The role of psychoeducation in improving adherence to medication in long-term treatment and overall patient outcomes is also crucial...
- Validating GSK3 as an in vivo target of lithium actionW Timothy O'Brien
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Biochem Soc Trans 37:1133-8. 2009..These observations, from several independent laboratories, support a central role for GSK3 in mediating behavioural responses to lithium...
- Implications of the neuroprotective effects of lithium for the treatment of bipolar and neurodegenerative disordersM Bauer
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Campus Charité Mitte CCM, Berlin, Germany
Pharmacopsychiatry 36:S250-4. 2003..We propose to examine the effect of long-term lithium treatment on neurocognitive functioning of bipolar patients and the use of lithium in the treatment of chronic neuropsychiatric disorders...
- Suicide risk in bipolar disorder during treatment with lithium and divalproexFrederick K Goodwin
Department of Psychiatry, George Washington University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20037, USA
JAMA 290:1467-73. 2003....
- Intracellular pathways underlying the effects of lithiumLivia Pasquali
Department of Neuroscience, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Behav Pharmacol 21:473-92. 2010..This review is an attempt to elucidate the primary effects of lithium to interconnect the simpler targets to the most complex pharmacological effects...
- Toxicity of lithium to humans and the environment--a literature reviewHal Aral
CSIRO Minerals, Box 312, Clayton South, VIC 3169, Australia
Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 70:349-56. 2008..At 15 mg/L they experience confusion and speech impairment, and at 20 mg/L Li there is a risk of death. A provisional recommended daily intake of 14.3 microg/kg body weight lithium for an adult has been suggested...
- Lithium in bipolar and other affective disorders: prescribing practice in the UKCarol Paton
Centre for Mental Health, Imperial College Faculty of Medicine, Charing Cross Campus, St Dunstan s Road, London, UK
J Psychopharmacol 24:1739-46. 2010..A significant minority of patients prescribed lithium had a sub-therapeutic blood level and so may be at high risk of relapse...
- Clinical features, polysomnography and outcome in patients with hypnic headacheJ F Liang
Department of Neurology, National Yang Ming University School of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
Cephalalgia 28:209-15. 2008..The major reason was the presence of pulsatile rather than dull headache in our patients. Unlike previous studies, our study showed hypnic headache occurred equally in both REM and non-REM sleep, and most patients ran an episodic course...
- A critical appraisal of lithium's efficacy and effectiveness: the last 60 yearsPaul Grof
Mood Disorders Center of Ottawa, Ottawa
Bipolar Disord 11:10-9. 2009..More recently, lithium has also proven to dramatically reduce suicidal behavior and mortality and to augment markedly the efficacy of antidepressants in unresponsive patients...
- Risperidone in acute and continuation treatment of maniaLakshmi N Yatham
Department of Psychiatry, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 18:227-35. 2003..Risperidone add-on does not induce depressive symptoms and, furthermore, risperidone may have efficacy in treating comorbid depressive symptoms in bipolar patients...
- Theoretical and experimental investigation of the f(D)max-(S/S0)max anomaly in LiF:Mg,TiS Biderman
Crystals Department, Nuclear Research Center Negev, Beer Sheva 84190, Israel
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 119:289-92. 2006..Allowing N(LC) to increase as the sensitisation dose is increased, a good fit to both f(D) and S(Ds)/S0 is obtained...
- Neutron dosimetry with 6LiF-rich TL sheetAkiko Konnai
National Maritime Research Institute, Mitaka, Tokyo 181 0004, Japan
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 120:133-5. 2006..The experimental measurements are shown to be in good agreement with the calculations...
- Modelling the dose response of peaks 4, 5 and 5b, in TLD-100, as a function of recombination temperatureS Biderman
Crystals Department, Nuclear Reasearch Center Negev, Beer Sheva 84190, Israel
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 119:285-8. 2006....
- Search for ionisation density effects in the radiation absorption stage in LiF:Mg,TiI Nail
Physics Department, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beersheva 84105, Israel
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 119:180-3. 2006....
- Response of LiF:Mg,Ti to low energy carbon and oxygen ionsM Rodriguez-Villafuerte
Instituto de Fisica, UNAM, A P 20 364, 01000 México DF, Mexico
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 119:106-10. 2006..Data for peak 5 show a weak dependence with energy. These latter results are difficult to understand when one considers the differences in the expected radial occupancies for different ion energies...
- Time-resolved spectroscopy of LiF:Mg,Cu,PV K Mathur
Naval Surface Warfare Center, Carderock Division, 9500 MacArthur Boulevard, Bethesda, MD 20817, USA
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 119:143-7. 2006..Possible explanations for the observed emission spectra are discussed in this paper...
- Thermoluminescence emission spectra for the LiF:Mg,Cu,Na,Si thermoluminescent materials with various concentrations of the dopants (3-D measurement)J I Lee
Health Physics Department, Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute, P O Box 105, Yuseong, Daejeon, Korea
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 119:293-9. 2006..However, any change in the wavelength at a main peak of the TL emission spectra from the sample materials with Na and Si dopants is not observed but that in the intensity at a peak of the spectra is observed...
- Comparison of two extremity dosemeters based on LiF:Mg,Cu,P thin detectors for mixed beta-gamma fieldsM Ginjaume
Institute of Energy Technology INTE, Technical University of Catalonia UPC, Diagonal 647, 08028 Barcelona, Spain
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 120:316-20. 2006..However, the results also highlight a large variability among the different thin detectors and, thus, the standard TLD-100 material is recommended whenever the workplace does not include low-energy beta radiation...
- Comparative study of LiF:Mg,Cu,Na,Si and Li2B4O7:Cu,Ag,P TL detectorsS Miljanic
Ruder Boskovic Institute, Bijenicka 54, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 119:191-6. 2006..The most important is the five times higher sensitivity than that of TLD-100. This detector is also very promising, especially in medical dosimetry...
- Dosimetry of densely ionising radiation with three LiF phosphors for space applicationsP Bilski
Institute of Nuclear Physics, Radzikowskiego 152, 31 342 Krakow, Poland
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 120:397-400. 2006..The proposed method will be applied for analysis of several thousand TLDs used for the determination of organ doses in an anthropomorphic phantom orbiting outside the International Space Station within the MATROSHKA experiment...
- Comments on 'Observation of enhanced efficiency in the excitation of ion-induced LiF:Mg,Ti thermoluminescent peaks' G. Massillon., I. Gamboa-deBuen and M.E. Brandan, J. Appl. Phys. 100, 103521-1 (2006)Y S Horowitz
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 124:411-6; author reply 417-9. 2007
- Properties of the 4.45 eV optical absorption band in LiF:Mg,TiI Nail
Physics Department, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva 84105, Israel
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 119:244-7. 2006..Its presence in optical grade single crystal LiF further suggests that it is an intrinsic defect or possibly associated with chance impurities other than Mg, Ti...
- Characterisation of thermoluminescent LiF:Mg,Ti (MTS-N) detectors in the 85-550 K temperature rangeD Briand
LPES CRESA, EA1174, Universite de Nice Sophia Antipolis, France
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 100:297-300. 2002..TSEE glow curves above 300 K similar to those of TL were observed. The behaviour of TSEE and TL peak 5 following an X ray exposure from 33 to 500 Gy was studied: its intensity is a linear function of air kerma in both cases...
- LiF:Mg,Ti TLD response as a function of photon energy for moderately filtered x-ray spectra in the range of 20-250 kVp relative to 60CoA A Nunn
Department of Medical Physics, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Med Phys 35:1859-69. 2008..Radiat. Prot. Dosim. 106, 33-43 (2003)]. This is likely due to complications in the solid state physics of the thermoluminescence process that are not incorporated into the simulation...
- Study of real time temperature profiles in routine TLD read out--influences of detector thickness and heating rate on glow curve shapeH Stadtmann
ARC Seibesdorf Research GmbH, A 2444 Seibesdorf, Austria
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 119:310-3. 2006..On the basis of this work, an optimisation of the readout parameters for LiF:Cu,P is possible...
- Miniature LiF:Mg,Cu,P TLDs to study the effect of applicator material in 192-Ir brachytherapyC Hood
University of Newcastle, Division of Physics, Callaghan NSW 2038, Australia
Australas Phys Eng Sci Med 29:300-2. 2006..Computerized treatment planning (Philips/ADAC Pinnacle) was in good agreement with the measured data...
- Low temperature radioluminescence of LiF:Mg,Cu,PK Kurt
Department of Physics, Faculty of Art and Science, University of Mersin 33343tr, Turkey
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 119:134-8. 2006..The role of donor acceptor pairs and the perturbations from intrinsic defects formed by ionisation can be used to describe all the observations. The 290 nm emission band is linked to H center annealing...
- On neutron-gamma mixed field dosimetry with LiF:Mg,Ti at radiation protection dose levelsM Weinstein
Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, 84105, Israel
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 119:314-8. 2006..The Region of Interest method was used to define the areas of the Peaks 4 + 5 and 6 + 7. We found that a simple algorithm can be used to determine with good accuracy the separate contributions of neutron and gamma doses...
- Comparison of the energy-response factor of LiF and Al2O3 in radiotherapy beamsPaul Mobit
Medical Physics Department and Oncology Tom Baker Cancer Centre, 1331 29 Street N W, Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2N 4N2
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 119:497-9. 2006..19 for 250 kV X rays. The results show that the addition of 0.1 or 1% of carbon by weight (as dopant) into the Al2O3 does not change the Monte Carlo determined energy-response factor by more than 1%...
- Determination of LiF:Mg,Ti and LiF:Mg,Cu,P TL efficiency for X-rays and their application to Monte Carlo simulations of dosemeter responseC Hranitzky
ARC Seibersdorf Research GmbH, Health Physics Division, 2444 Seibersdorf, Austria
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 119:483-6. 2006..The concluding verification experiment showed small deviations between measured and simulated dosemeter energy response values in the range of a few percent...
- Energy responses of the LiF series TL pellets to high-energy photons in the energy range from 1.25 to 21 MVJ L Kim
Health Physics Department, Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute, Daejeon, Korea
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 119:353-6. 2006..For an application of these results to verify the therapy beams, an appropriate energy correction factor should be applied to the energies and phantom types in use...
- Thermoluminescence properties of LiF:Mg,Cu,Na,Si pellets in radiation dosimetryY M Nam
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 100:467-70. 2002..Therefore LiF:Mg,Cu,Na,Si TL pellets can be used for personal dosimetry, but more research is needed to improve the characteristics for repeated use...
- CVD diamonds as thermoluminescent detectors for medical applicationsB Marczewska
Institute of Nuclear Physics, Krakow, Poland
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 101:485-8. 2002..Due to the sensitivity of diamond to ambient light, it was difficult to achieve reproducibility comparable with that of standard LiF detectors...
- The unified interaction model applied to LiF:Mg,Ti (TLD-100): properties of the luminescent and competitive centres during sensitisationI Nail
Physics Department, Ben Gurion University Beersheva, Israel
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 102:295-304. 2002....
- On the correct measurement of relative heavy charged particles to gamma thermoluminescent efficienciesO Avila
Instituto Nacional de Investigaciones Nucleares, DF, Mexico
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 100:87-90. 2002....
- The TL fluence response to heavy charged particles using the track interaction model and track structure informationM Rodriguez-Villafuerte
Instituto de Fisica, UNAM, Mexico, Mexico
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 100:99-102. 2002..In spite of this, good agreement between the simulated TL-fluence response calculated for the 6.8 MeV 4He radial distributions and the experimental data for the two energies was achieved...
- Low temperature studies in LiF:Mg,Cu,PV K Mathur
Naval Surface Warfare Center, Carderock Division, Bethesda, MD 20817, USA
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 100:103-6. 2002..On the basis of the present investigations it is proposed that the complex nature of the emission may be related to the formation of donor-acceptor pairs in this material. The possible nature of this donor-acceptor complex is discussed...
- Optical absorption and sensitisation dose response in LiF:Mg,Ti: application to the unified interaction model predictions of thermoluminescence dose responseN Issa
Physics Department, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beersheva, Israel
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 100:107-10. 2002....
- Developments in the synthesis of LiF:Mg,Cu,Na,Si TL materialJ I Lee
Health Physics Department, Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute, P O Box 105, Taejon, Korea
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 108:79-83. 2004..Reusability study of the detector was carried out for 10 cycles. The results show that the coefficients of variation for each detector separately did not exceed 0.016, and that for all 10 detectors collectively was 0.0054...
- Microdosimetric interpretation of the photon energy response of LiF:Mg,Ti detectorsP Olko
Institute of Nuclear Physics, Krakow, Poland
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 100:119-22. 2002..The calculation procedure can be applied to predict the photon energy response of LiF:Mg,Ti detectors in an arbitrary photon field...
- The composite structure of peak 5 in the glow curve of LiF:Mg,Ti (TLD-100): confirmation of peak 5a arising from a locally trapped electron-hole configurationY S Horowitz
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 100:123-6. 2002..iv) The low value of 0.1 for the 'track-escape' parameter of peak 5a deduced from the Extended Track Interaction Model analysis of He ion TL fluence response compared to order of magnitude greater values for peaks 5 and 5b...
- Localised and delocalised optically induced conversion of composite glow peak 5 in LiF:Mg,Ti (TLD-100) to glow peak 4 as a function of postirradiation annealing temperatureY S Horowitz
Physics Department, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beersheva, Israel
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 100:135-8. 2002..The conduction/valence band competitive processes lead to the factor of one thousand decrease in the conversion efficiency of peak 5 compared to peak 5a...
- Lithium fluoride: from LiF:Mg,Ti to LiF:Mg,Cu,PP Bilski
Institute of Nuclear Physics, Krakow, Poland
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 100:199-206. 2002..It is suggested that Ti hampers the acceptance of any increased amount of Mg into more traps in LiF:MgTi. The absence of Ti, not the presence of P or Cu, is therefore a key to the high sensitivity of LiF:MgCuP...
- A new high sensitivity thermoluminescent phosphor with low residual signal and good stability to heat treatment: LiF:Mg,Cu,Na,SiK Tang
Solid Dosimetric Detector and Method Laboratory, Beijing, PR China
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 100:239-42. 2002..It retains the main advantages of LiF:Mg,Cu,P phosphor, and has a lower residual signal and a better stability to heat treatment...
- Role of impurities in the thermoluminescence of LiF:Mg,Cu,PT C Chen
Department of Electrical Engineering, University of Washington, Seattle 98195, USA
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 100:243-6. 2002..It is also shown that a high content of oxygen in the material and control of the oxygen content during processing are critical to maintaining the sensitivity of these phosphors...
- Comparative study of trapping parameters and repeatability of LiF:Mg,Cu,P (GR-200A) from different production batchesK Tang
Solid Dosimetric Detector and Method Laboratory, Beijing, PR China
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 100:345-8. 2002..The peak areas of glow peaks 3 and 4 originating from 4 batches prepared during 1996 to 2000 are significantly larger than that of the other three batches. The GR-200A LiF:Mg,Cu,P has been improved dramatically in recent years...
- New advances in LiF:Mg,Cu,P TLDs (GR-200A)W Shen
Solid Dosimetric Detector and Method Laboratory, Beijing, PR China
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 100:357-60. 2002..The uncertainty in low dose measurements is reduced significantly. The resistance to humidity has been improved remarkably. The preparation technology to volume-produce GR-200A is stable...
- Investigation of the emission spectra of LiF:Mg,Ti (TLD-100) during thermoluminescenceS Biderman
Physics Department, Ben Gurion University, Beer Sheva, 84105, Israel
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 100:369-72. 2002..The relative intensities of the emission bands do. however, change as a function of readout temperature and dose, a behaviour that could be connected to a temperature and dose dependent perturbation between spatially coupled TCs and LCs...
- TL emission spectra from differently doped LiF:Mg detectorsE Mandowska
Institute of Physics Pedagogical University, Armi Krajowej, Czestochowa, Poland
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 100:451-4. 2002..Preliminary results indicate that emission of the LiF:Mg,Cu,Ti sample is similar to that of LiF:Mg,Cu,P rather than to LiF:Mg,Ti, showing a maximum for wavelengths well below 400 nm...
- The effects of ionisation density on the thermoluminescence response (efficiency) of LiF:Mg,Ti and LiF:Mg,Cu,PYigal Horowitz
Physics Department, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beersheva, Israel
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 109:331-48. 2004....
- On fading corrections for LiF:Mg,Ti irradiated by thermal neutronsU German
NRC Negev, P O Box 9001, Beer Sheva 84190, Israel
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 110:305-8. 2004..Thus, by employing the ROI method, a fading independent evaluation of the thermal neutron dose can be made...
- Reproducibility of TL measurements in a mixed field of thermal neutrons and photonsA C Fernandes
Portuguese Research Reactor, Nuclear and Technological Institute, Sacavem
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 101:481-4. 2002..GR-100 sensitivity decreased after mixed-field irradiations, while no significant change was found for the other materials. Using GR-100 for the dosimetry of mixed and high-intensity fields requires careful procedures...
- Thermoluminescence dosimetric properties of a new thin beta detector (LiF:Mg, Cu, P; GR-200F) in comparison with highly sensitive Al2O3:C beta dosimetersN A El-Faramawy
GSF National Research Centre for Environment and Health, Institute for Radiation Protection, D 85758 Neuherberg, Germany
J Radiol Prot 24:273-82. 2004..The photon energy responses of the detectors are investigated using 150 keV filtered x-rays and 60Co gamma-rays...
- Measurements of the optical density and the thermoluminescent response of LiF:Mg,Ti exposed to high doses of 60Co gamma raysC Montaño-García
Facultad de Ciencias, UNAM, A P 70 842, 04510 Mexico, DF, Mexico
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 119:230-2. 2006..0 x 10(-5) Gy(-1). Once the absorption spectra were obtained, the glow curves and the TL response were obtained. In the dose range, 290-10,000 Gy, the TL response of peaks 5 and 7 was supralinear-sublinear...
- Energy response of LiF and Mg2SiO4 TLDs to 10-150 keV monoenergetic photonsA Konnai
National Maritime Research Institute, Shinkawa 6 38 1, Mitaka, Tokyo 181 0004, Japan
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 115:334-6. 2005..The Mg2SiO4:Tb response was nearly bone equivalent. Linearity of dose responses was also confirmed up to 2 Gy on each TL material...
- On the roles of the dopants in LiF: Mg,Cu,Na,Si thermoluminescent materialJ I Lee
Health Physics Department, Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute, PO Box 105 Yuseong, Daejeon, Korea
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 115:340-4. 2005..It is considered that Na and Si each plays a role in the improvement of the luminescence efficiency...
- LiF:Mg,Cu,P glow curve shape dependence on heating rateL Z Luo
Thermo Electron Corporation, 26400 Broadway Avenue, Oakwood Village, OH 44146, USA
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 119:184-90. 2006..The curves are deconvoluted using the new Harshaw Glow Curve Analyser (GCA) program. Results of the study are presented, as well as possible explanations as to the observed effects...
- The dose-response of Harshaw TLD-700HK J Velbeck
Thermo Electron Corporation, 26400 Broadway Avenue, Oakwood Village, OH 44146 USA
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 119:255-8. 2006..The simple glow curve structure provides insignificant fade, eliminating special oven preparation methods experienced by other materials. The work presented in this paper quantifies the performance of Harshaw TLD-700H in extended ranges...
- Optical excitation of LiF:Mg,Ti following alpha and beta irradiationY S Horowitz
Physics Department, Ben Gurion University, Beer Sheva 84105, Israel
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 119:386-9. 2006....
- Analysis of spectrally resolved thermoluminescence of LiF:Mg,Cu,P detectors by the surface fitting method using algorithm for unrestricted peak positionsEwa Mandowska
Institute of Physics, JD University, ul Armii Krajowej 13 15, Pl 42 200 Czestochowa, Poland
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 119:89-92. 2006..The spectra were analysed using two different variants of surface fitting--for restricted and unrestricted peak positions...
- Tissue-equivalent TL sheet dosimetry system for X- and gamma-ray dose mappingN Nariyama
Japan Synchrotron Radiation Research Institute, Mikazuki, Sayo, Hyogo 679 5198, Japan
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 120:136-9. 2006..Irradiation using synchrotron radiation between 10 and 100 keV and (60)Co gamma rays showed that the TL sheet dosimetry system was promising for radiation dose mapping for various purposes...
- Energy response of a two-dimensional sheet-type LiF:Mg,Cu,P TL dosemeter to photonsAkiko Konnai
National Maritime Research Institute, Mitaka, Tokyo 181 0004, Japan
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 120:125-8. 2006..Therefore the NTL sheet can be said to have excellent properties for dose measurements...
- Antidepressant discontinuation effectsRoss Baldessarini; Fiscal Year: 2007..bipolar depressive subjects separately. The findings expected should contribute to improved safety of antidepressant treatment and reduced morbid and mortal risks following its discontinuation. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Course and Morbidity in Bipolar I DisorderRoss Baldessarini; Fiscal Year: 2006..Anticipated findings should contribute important new information to guide effective interventions and allocation of increasingly limited treatment resources for BPD patients. ..
- Chamomile therapy for generalized anxiety disorderJay Amsterdam; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- SPECT Brain Imaging as a Biomarker of Major DepressionJay Amsterdam; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will compare these results to measurements of striatal DAT levels in 22 non-depressed, healthy subjects studied under similar conditions with [99mTc]TRODAT-1 SPECT on two separate occasions 8 weeks apart. ..
- Black cohosh therapy for menopause-related anxietyJay Amsterdam; Fiscal Year: 2006..We hypothesize that Black Cohosh will result in superior QOL measures compared to placebo. ..
- ASYMMETRIC SYNTHESIS OF IONOPHORE/MACROLIDE ANTIBIOTICSDavid Evans; Fiscal Year: 2005..Our goal has been to set in place all of the reactions necessary for the rapid assemblage of any polyketide target structure. ..
- ASYMMETRIC SYNTHESIS OF VANCOMYCIN ANTIBIOTICSDavid Evans; Fiscal Year: 2001..During the course of this project we intend to confirm (correct) the absolute stereochemical assignments of the principal members of this family by total synthesis. ..
- Bipolar Statistical Summit:Methodologies to Advance Long Term Intervention TrialsCharles Bowden; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Synthesis of Polyketides and TerpenesDavid A Evans; Fiscal Year: 2010..As a consequence, organic synthesis is a critical discipline that continues to have an important impact on the fields of both medicine and biology. ..
- NEW DEVELOPMENTS IN ORGANOCOPPER CHEMISTRYR Dieter; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposed synthetic routes to pyrrolidine aza sugars will develop the potential synthetic power of alpha-aminoalkylcuprate chemistry. ..
- Bipolar II Depression: Lithium, SSRI or the CombinationSusan L McElroy; Fiscal Year: 2010..We also hypothesize that the frequency of side effects will be significantly less in patients on SSRI monotherapy. Thus, secondary aims include assessment of patient satisfaction, which may affect compliance in the clinical setting. ..
- Divalproex and Placebo, Lithium, or Quetiapine for ManiaTrisha Suppes; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Acute Treatment of Bipolar II DepressionPATRICIA SUPPES; Fiscal Year: 2005..This pilot study will provide data addressing the aims and sample size needed for a full-scale intervention trial. ..
- ADJUNCTIVE ACUPUNCTURE TO TREAT BIPOLAR DEPRESSIONPATRICIA SUPPES; Fiscal Year: 2002..Should acupuncture demonstrate efficacy in the treatment of bipolar disorder, further studies will be proposed to evaluate its utility for maintenance and prevention. ..
- Bipolar Disorder, Subjectivity and Treatment AdherenceMartha Sajatovic; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Prenatal Virally Induced Brain Disorder in MouseSEYYED FATEMI; Fiscal Year: 2009..In addition, it is expected that the results will provide clues that will lead to fundamental advances in our knowledge of the pathogenesis of schizophrenia and, therefore, of how it can be prevented and treated. ..
- SNP-based lithium treatment outcome diagnosticTroy Bremer; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Antidepressant Treatment and Suicidality: Biostatistical/Methodological SolutionsRobert Gibbons; Fiscal Year: 2006..Collaboration with members of the VA (Cunningham, Valenstein), Kaiser Permanente (Clarke, Gullion), PHARMO (Erkens) and the Indian Health Service (Perez) is an integral part of the proposal. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Angiogenesis in hyperoxic lung fibrosisIvor Douglas; Fiscal Year: 2007..Columbia University has an established record of successful mentorship and training for K08 Career awardees in their preparation for careers as independent. ..
- Comparative Effectiveness Study for Bipolar DisorderAndrew A Nierenberg; Fiscal Year: 2010..The two treatments will be the second generation antipsychotic mood stabilizer quetiapine and the classic mood stabilizer lithium. In addition to quetiapine or lithium, participants can be treated with other medications as needed. ..
- Greater New York Autism Research Center of ExcellenceJoseph Buxbaum; Fiscal Year: 2007..Core B: Clinical Core; Core C: Data Management and Statistics Core; Core D: Information Transfer Core. ..
- Varenicline and Smoking Cessation in SchizophreniaSEYYED HOSSEIN FATEMI; Fiscal Year: 2010..Such outcomes will be significant, because they will offer a new treatment for smoking cessation in this vulnerable population. ..
- S-Adenosyl Methionine(SAMe)Augmentation of SSRIs in MDDGeorge Papakostas; Fiscal Year: 2008..It is hoped that this project award will provide the critical fund of basic knowledge and practical experience necessary to aid the candidate in becoming an independent investigator in this area. ..
- Training in Psychopharmacology and Outcomes ResearchEric Hollander; Fiscal Year: 2008..of Medicine of Medicine of Medicine of Medicine of Medicine of Medicine format shown below. Role on ..
- FLUOXETINE IN PEDIATRIC BODY DYSMORPHIC DISORDEREric Hollander; Fiscal Year: 2008..Abstract Not Provided. ..
- Extracellular matrix abnormalities in the medial temporal lobe of subjects with sSabina Berretta; Fiscal Year: 2008..The proposed studies will provide potentially critical information needed to improve our understanding of these two disorders and their pharmacological treatment. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Psychiatric Morbidity Late Post Heart TransplantMary Amanda Dew; Fiscal Year: 2008..Data collection will involve semi-structured interviews, Txp Program staff evaluations, and medical record reviews. ..
- REVAMP Follow-Up StudyMartin Keller; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- New Methods for the Synthesis of Neurological AgentsLARRY OVERMAN; Fiscal Year: 2008..oryzae at 90 nM, suggesting potential antitumor activity. Because of the scarcity of these natural products from their natural sources, little biological evaluation has been carried out. ..
- ECT IN CLOZAPINE REFRACTORY SCHIZOPHRENIAGeorgios Petrides; Fiscal Year: 2003..The results of the study will guide clinicians faced with the problem of how to treat patients who have not been helped by standard antipsychotic medications and do not show an adequate response to clozapine. ..
- COLLABORATIVE DEPRESSION STUDYWilliam Coryell; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- COLLABORATIVE DEPRESSION STUDYMartin Keller; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- 'Partial' Rodent Model for GABA Defect in SchizophreniaSabina Berretta; Fiscal Year: 2008..The significance of these studies resides in their potential of providing functional links between neurochemical abnormalities in schizophrenia detected in interconnected limbic brain regions. ..
- Glycine Transport Inhibition for Nicotine Dependence in SchizophreniaA Evins; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Genetics of Early-Onset DepressionWilliam Coryell; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Neurophysiology of Working Memory in Bipolar DisorderCaleb Adler; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- A COLLABORATIVE GENOMIC STUDY OF BIPOLAR DISORDERWilliam Coryell; Fiscal Year: 2007..Analysis of the existing sib pair families plus this large set of cases and controls should permit the confirmation of several vulnerability genes during this grant period. ..
- CONTROLLED-RELEASE SEALANT TO PREVENT SECONDARY CARIESKenneth Anusavice; Fiscal Year: 2004..mutans, site specific levels of S. mutans at the margins of amalgam and composite restorations, and the width of marginal crevices adjacent to amalgam and composite restorations). ..
- Mixed-Effects ZIP Models--Mental Health Service ResearchRobert Gibbons; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Antipsychotic use in children and adolescentsNIKESH PATEL; Fiscal Year: 2004..These analyses will examine total antipsychotic, typical antipsychotic, and atypical antipsychotic Medicaid expenditures. ..
- Selegiline, Oxidative Stress and MRS in HIV DementiaGiovanni Schifitto; Fiscal Year: 2003..The proposed study will take advantage of the ACTG supporting A5090 study and of the existing MRS consortium infrastructure that will allow us to perform multicenter MRS studies. ..
- MAJOR DEPRESSION, ANXIETY, AND LUNG TRANSPLANTATIONMary Amanda Dew; Fiscal Year: 2003..An ultimate aim of the analyses is to refine hypotheses about the predictive sequence of effects under investigation and thereby to revise the study's conceptual model for subsequent intervention efforts. ..
- Methyl Mercury Evaluation in Dental Waste WaterJames Drummond; Fiscal Year: 2003..Hypothesis: Element mercury released in DWW is converted to Hg(lI) and then in more limited amounts to methyl-mercury by specific biofilm bacterial species in the Dental sewage pipes. ..
- Amygdalar and Thalamic Abnormalities in SchizophreniaSabina Berretta; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- TRAIT MARKER FOR PANIC DISORDERWilliam Coryell; Fiscal Year: 2001..If the study's predictions are sustained, subsequent efforts will be directed toward lengthening the follow-up period and toward an eventual, ten-year diagnostic reassessment. ..
- FAMILY PSYCHOPATHOLOGY IN CHILD BIPOLARITYBarbara Geller; Fiscal Year: 2004..Establishing high familial aggregation of bipolar disorders in relatives of PEA-BP probands will provide the basis for future genetic and genetic-environment interaction studies. ..
- HIPPOCAMPAL FUNCTION DURING CORTICOSTEROID THERAPYE Sherwood Brown; Fiscal Year: 2004..Through this award, the Pl will extend his previous research experience by adding new skills and knowledge which will be used for investigations at the interface of neuroscience and clinical research. ..
- BENZANNULATION APPROACH TO BIARYL ETHERSMichael Harmata; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Naltrexone for Bipolar Disorder and Alcohol DependenceE Sherwood Brown; Fiscal Year: 2006..Alcohol use is the primary outcome, and alcohol craving is the secondary outcome. Manic and depressive symptom severity and the relationship between changes in alcohol use and changes in mood will be expIored. ..
- COMPARING THREE ELECTRODE PLACEMENTS TO OPTIMIZE ECTGeorgios Petrides; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results of this study will promote more effective and safer treatment of the most severely ill depressed patients. ..
- Treating Depressed Mothers in a Community ClinicHolly Swartz; Fiscal Year: 2006..The skills, training, and pilot data obtained from this award will subsequently support the Candidate's development of an R01 application in Years 03-05 of the award period. ..
- Postpartum Depression: Omega-3 FA vs PlaceboMarlene Freeman; Fiscal Year: 2006..These doses should provide an adequate test of the efficacy of omega-3 fatty acids while being safe for the mother and breastfeeding baby. ..
- Long-term antidepressant outcome in bipolar depressionNASSIR GHAEMI; Fiscal Year: 2005..In this process, the applicant will develop competence to lead independent studies of the long-term treatment of bipolar disorder as a principal investigator. ..
- FAILURE ANALYSIS OF DENTAL RESTORATIONSJanet Quinn; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Cardiac Teratogenicity of LithiumKersti Linask; Fiscal Year: 2004..Until the safety of lithium is conclusively proven, one must assume teratogenic potential and harm to the fetus. ..
- Pharmacotherapy for Minor DepressionAndrew Nierenberg; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results of this study will have profound public health implications by improving our understanding of the efficacy of SJW and standard antidepressants for the treatment of MinorD. ..
- PHARMACOTHERAPY OF ADOLESCENT BODY DYSMORPHIC DISORDEREric Hollander; Fiscal Year: 2002..When untreated, adolescent-onset BDD appears to often interfere with the developmental tasks of adolescence, to persist, and to cause substantial morbidity through out the life span. ..
- Divalproex Sodium/Placebo In Child/Adolesent AutismEric Hollander; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- COMPARING THREE ELECTRODE PLACEMENTS TO OPTIMIZE ECTKeith Rasmussen; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results of this study will promote more effective and safer treatment of the most severely ill depressed patients. ..
- Treating Asthma Patients with Major Depressive DisorderE Sherwood Brown; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Sensory Gating in Schizophrenia: Multiple MeasuresJulie Patterson; Fiscal Year: 2004....