Summary: Sulfur hexafluoride. An inert gas used mainly as a test gas in respiratory physiology. Other uses include its injection in vitreoretinal surgery to restore the vitreous chamber and as a tracer in monitoring the dispersion and deposition of air pollutants.
Publications266 found, 100 shown here
- The safety of Sonovue in abdominal applications: retrospective analysis of 23188 investigationsFabio Piscaglia
Division of Internal Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Ultrasound Med Biol 32:1369-75. 2006....
- Contrast-enhanced ultrasound (CEUS) for the characterization of focal liver lesions in clinical practice (DEGUM Multicenter Trial): CEUS vs. MRI--a prospective comparison in 269 patientsK Seitz
Department of Internal Medicine, District Hospital Sigmaringen, Sigmaringen, Germany
Ultraschall Med 31:492-9. 2010..One important aspect is the comparison of CEUS with magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)...
- Contrast enhanced ultrasound should be the initial radiological investigation to characterise focal liver lesionsC Beaton
Department of Surgery, University Hospital Wales, Heath Park, Cardiff CF14 4XW, UK
Eur J Surg Oncol 36:43-6. 2010..This study aims to determine how effective CEUS is at characterising focal liver lesions and to establish its role in the diagnostic algorithm...
- Repair of primary rhegmatogenous retinal detachment using 25-gauge transconjunctival sutureless vitrectomyMichael M Lai
Associated Retinal Consultants, William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, Michigan, USA
Retina 28:729-34. 2008..To evaluate the anatomical and visual outcomes of primary rhegmatogenous retinal detachment repairs performed using 25-gauge transconjunctival sutureless vitrectomy...
- Subhyaloid hemorrhage treated with SF6 gas injectionSang Woo Park
Department of Ophthalmology, Chonnam National University Medical School and Hospital, Chonnam National University Research Institute for Medical Sciences, Kwangiu, Korea
Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging 35:335-7. 2004..Pure sulfur hexafluoride (SF6, 0...
- Differentiation of focal nodular hyperplasia and hepatocellular adenoma by contrast-enhanced ultrasoundC F Dietrich
1st Department of Internal Medicine, Caritas Hospital Bad Mergentheim, Uhlandstrasse 7, 97980 Bad Mergentheim, Germany
Br J Radiol 78:704-7. 2005..Therefore, this technique might improve the functional characterization of benign hypervascular focal liver lesions...
- Microbubble stability is a major determinant of the efficiency of ultrasound and microbubble mediated in vivo gene transferJulia Alter
Imaging Sciences Department, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Campus, London, UK
Ultrasound Med Biol 35:976-84. 2009..These findings emphasize the importance of detailed investigations into the properties of microbubbles to allow the production of a microbubble specifically designed for optimum performance with MBGT...
- Assessment of a biliary hamartoma with contrast-enhanced sonography using two different contrast agentsJ Hohmann
Department of Radiology, University Hospital Basel, Petersgraben 4, Basel
Ultraschall Med 30:185-8. 2009..Therefore, while using SonoVue, such a misinterpretation of these very common but in most cases very small and not detectable lesions seems unlikely...
- Contrast-enhanced ultrasound of histologically proven liver hemangiomasChristoph F Dietrich
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Caritas Hospital Bad Mergentheim, Bad Mergentheim, Germany
Hepatology 45:1139-45. 2007..Forty-five (78%) of the hemangiomas showed homogenous centripetal filling within 180 seconds...
- Inert gas washout: theoretical background and clinical utility in respiratory diseasePaul D Robinson
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Children s Hospital at Westmead, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Respiration 78:339-55. 2009....
- Real-time contrast-enhanced ultrasonography of resected and immunohistochemically proven hepatic angiomyolipomasRui Li
Department of Ultrasound, Southwest Hospital, Chongqing, People s Republic of China
Abdom Imaging 35:676-82. 2010..The purpose of this study was to assess real-time contrast-enhanced ultrasound in patients with hepatic angiomyolipomas with respect to contrast-enhancing kinetics and enhancement patterns...
- Characterization of focal liver lesions with contrast-specific US modes and a sulfur hexafluoride-filled microbubble contrast agent: diagnostic performance and confidenceEmilio Quaia
Department of Radiology, Cattinara Hospital, University of Trieste, Strada di Fiume 447, Trieste 34149, Italy
Radiology 232:420-30. 2004..of solid focal liver lesions could be improved by using ultrasonographic (US) contrast-specific modes after sulfur hexafluoride-filled microbubble contrast agent injection, as compared with lesion characterization achieved with ..
- Use of 25-gauge vitrectomy in the management of primary rhegmatogenous retinal detachmentMarco Mura
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Retina 29:1299-1304. 2009..To evaluate the anatomical and functional results of 25-gauge transconjuctival vitrectomy in the management of primary rhegmatogenous retinal detachment (RRD)...
- Diagnosis of benign and malignant portal vein thrombosis in cirrhotic patients with hepatocellular carcinoma: color Doppler US, contrast-enhanced US, and fine-needle biopsyL Tarantino
Hepatology and Interventional Ultrasound Unit, S Giovanni di Dio Hospital, ASL NA3, Frattaminore, Naples, Italy
Abdom Imaging 31:537-44. 2006..We assessed the role of contrast-enhanced ultrasound (CEUS) in the differential diagnosis between benign and malignant portal vein thrombosis in patients who had cirrhosis with hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- Methane emissions from dairy cows measured using the sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) tracer and chamber techniquesC Grainger
Department of Primary Industries, Ellinbank, Victoria, Australia
J Dairy Sci 90:2755-66. 2007Our study compared methane (CH4) emissions from lactating dairy cows measured using the sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) tracer and open-circuit respiration chamber techniques. The study was conducted using 16 lactating Holstein-Friesian cows...
- Diagnostic features of real-time contrast-enhanced ultrasound in focal nodular hyperplasia of the liverF Piscaglia
Department of Clinical Medicine, Division of Internal Medicine, University of Bologna
Ultraschall Med 31:276-82. 2010..The aim of the present study was to assess the ultrasound pattern of FNH with special attention to real-time contrast-enhanced ultrasonography (CEUS) appearance and specifically to the timing of perfusion patterns...
- [Real-time contrast-enhanced ultrasound in the evaluation of focal liver lesions: diagnostic efficacy and economical issues from a French multicentric study]F Tranquart
Pole Imagerie, CIC IT Ultrasons Radiopharmaceutiques, Hopital Bretonneau, CHRU de Tours, UMR Inserm 930 CNRS 2448 Université François Rabelais, 37044 Tours cedex 9, France
J Radiol 90:109-22. 2009..This French multicentric study confirmed the high diagnostic value of CEUS for focal liver lesion characterization and demonstrated a lower economical impact compared to other imaging modalities such as CT and MRI...
- Induced posterior vitreous detachment by intravitreal sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) injection in patients with nonproliferative diabetic retinopathyD Ochoa-Contreras
Asociacion para Evitar la Ceguera en Mexico, Mexico City
Acta Ophthalmol Scand 78:687-8. 2000....
- Characterization of benign hepatic tumors arising in fatty liver with SonoVue and pulse inversion UST V Bartolotta
Department of Radiology, University of Palermo, Via del Vespro 127, Palermo 90127, Italy
Abdom Imaging 32:84-91. 2007..We describe the spectrum of contrast-enhancement patterns of benign hepatic tumors arising in fatty liver on contrast-enhanced ultrasound (US)...
- Value of contrast-enhanced sonography in the diagnosis of peripheral intrahepatic cholangiocarcinomaChaolun Li
Department of Ultrasound, Zhongshan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, China
J Clin Ultrasound 39:447-53. 2011..To illustrate contrast-enhanced harmonic ultrasonography (CEUS) findings of peripheral intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma (PICC) and to assess the usefulness of CEUS in the diagnosis of this disease...
- Importance of evaluating all vascular phases on contrast-enhanced sonography in the differentiation of benign from malignant focal liver lesionsCarlos Nicolau
Diagnosis Imaging Center, Hospital Clinic, Villarroel 170, Barcelona 08036, Spain
AJR Am J Roentgenol 186:158-67. 2006..Our objective was to evaluate the accuracy of a blood-pool sonographic contrast agent in the late phase compared with the three vascular phases for differentiation between benign and malignant focal liver lesions...
- Low mechanical index contrast-enhanced sonographic findings of pyogenic hepatic abscessesOrlando Catalano
Department of Radiology, S Maria delle Grazie Hospital, Via Domitiana Località La Schiana, Pozzuoli, Naples 80121, Italy
AJR Am J Roentgenol 182:447-50. 2004..We describe the contrast-specific sonographic findings of pyogenic hepatic abscesses...
- Clinical safety of SonoVue, a new contrast agent for ultrasound imaging, in healthy volunteers and in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseD Bokor
Bracco SpA, Medical Affairs, Milan, Italy
Invest Radiol 36:104-9. 2001..AND OBJECTIVES: To evaluate the safety profile of SonoVue, a new echo-contrast agent based on stabilized sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) microbubbles, in healthy volunteers and in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)...
- Contrast-enhanced ultrasonography in normal canine liver. Evaluation of imaging and safety parametersHelena T Nyman
Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences, The Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Copenhagen, Denmark
Vet Radiol Ultrasound 46:243-50. 2005..When considering normal values, the use of anesthetic drugs has to be considered...
- Comparative diagnostic value of contrast-enhanced ultrasonography, computed tomography, and magnetic resonance imaging in diagnosis of hepatic hemangiomasKristina Zviniene
Department of Radiology, Kaunas University of Medicine, Eiveniu 2, 50009 Kaunas, Lithuania
Medicina (Kaunas) 46:329-35. 2010..To compare the value of intravenous contrast-enhanced ultrasonography (US), intravenous contrast-enhanced computed tomography (CT), and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) in the diagnosis of hepatic hemangiomas...
- Safety of contrast flash-replenishment stress echocardiography in 500 patients with a chest pain episode of undetermined origin within the last 5 daysNicola Gaibazzi
Heart Centre, Parma University Hospital, Parma, Italy
Eur J Echocardiogr 10:726-32. 2009..The purpose of the present study was to provide evidence regarding the safety of flash-replenishment contrast dipyridamole-atropine echocardiography (DASE) in such patients...
- Intrahepatic peripheral cholangiocarcinoma in cirrhosis patients may display a vascular pattern similar to hepatocellular carcinoma on contrast-enhanced ultrasoundRamon Vilana
Radiology Department, Barcelona Clinic Liver Cancer BCLC Group, Hospital Clinic Barcelona, IDIBAPS, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Hepatology 51:2020-9. 2010..However, none of these lesions displayed washout on MRI...
- Contrast-enhanced ultrasound with SonoVue: differentiation between benign and malignant focal liver lesions in 317 patientsAlexandra von Herbay
University of Tubingen, Department of Medicine, Otfried Muller Str 10, D 72076 Tubingen, Germany
J Clin Ultrasound 38:1-9. 2010..The aim of the study was to investigate the ability of contrast-enhanced sonography (CEUS) with the contrast agent SonoVue to differentiate between benign and malignant focal liver lesions...
- Is microbubble-enhanced ultrasonography sufficient for assessment of response to percutaneous treatment in patients with early hepatocellular carcinoma?R Vilana
Diagnosis Imaging Center, IDIBAPS, Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Eur Radiol 16:2454-62. 2006..The 1-month CEUS has a high diagnostic accuracy compared with spiral-CT in the usual assessment of percutaneous treatment response...
- Intrahepatic peripheral cholangiocarcinoma (IPCC): comparison between perfusion ultrasound and CT imagingM D'Onofrio
Istituto di Radiologia, Universita degli Studi di Verona, Policlinico G B Rossi, Piazzale L A Scuro 10, 37134 Verona, Italy
Radiol Med 113:76-86. 2008..This study was done to compare the perfusion patterns of intrahepatic peripheral cholangiocarcinoma (IPCC) on contrast-enhanced ultrasound (CEUS) and dynamic computed tomography (CT)...
- Focal liver lesions: evaluation with contrast-enhanced ultrasonographyC Nicolau
Imaging Diagnosis Center, Clinic Hospital, University of Barcelona, Villarroel 170, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
Abdom Imaging 29:348-59. 2004....
- Evaluation of hepatocellular carcinoma using SonoVue, a second generation ultrasound contrast agent: correlation with cellular differentiationCarlos Nicolau
Diagnosis Imaging Center, Hospital Clinic, Villarroel 170, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
Eur Radiol 14:1092-9. 2004..Echogenicity in the portal and late phases correlated with cellular differentiation...
- Retrospective comparison of 25-gauge transconjunctival sutureless vitrectomy to 20-gauge vitrectomy for the repair of pseudophakic primary inferior rhegmatogenous retinal detachmentMarcus H Colyer
The Retina Group of Washington, Fairfax, Virginia 22031, USA
Retina 30:1678-84. 2010..To compare anatomical and functional outcomes of 25-gauge transconjunctival sutureless pars plana vitrectomy (PPV) to standard 20-gauge 3-port PPV for the treatment of pseudophakic rhegmatogenous retinal detachments with inferior breaks...
- Guidance and control of percutaneous treatments with contrast-enhanced ultrasoundL Solbiati
Department of Radiology, General Hospital Busto Arsizio VA, Italy
Eur Radiol 13:N87-90. 2003
- Inert gas washout in preschool childrenPer M Gustafsson
Department of Paediatric Clinical Physiology, Queen Silvia Children s Hospital, S 416 85 Goteborg, Sweden
Paediatr Respir Rev 6:239-45. 2005..The MBW method may be useful also for screening for several other disorders that affect the peripheral airways in children...
- Characterization of focal liver lesions with contrast-enhanced ultrasoundFabio Piscaglia
Division of Internal Medicine, Department of Clinical Medicine, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Ultrasound Med Biol 36:531-50. 2010....
- Characterization of focal liver lesions: comparison of pulse-inversion harmonic contrast-enhanced sonography with contrast-enhanced CTRui Li
Department of Ultrasound, Southwest Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing 400038, China
J Clin Ultrasound 35:109-17. 2007..To compare the efficacy of contrast-enhanced pulse-inversion harmonic sonography for the characterization of focal liver lesions with that of contrast-enhanced helical CT...
- Safety and feasibility of real time adenosine myocardial contrast echocardiography with emphasis on induction of arrhythmias: a study in healthy volunteers and patients with stable coronary artery diseaseP A Dijkmans
Department of Cardiology, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Echocardiography 26:807-14. 2009..The aim of the study was to assess the occurrence of arrhythmias during real time adenosine MCE in healthy volunteers and patients with stable coronary artery disease (CAD)...
- Intraocular gas dynamics after 20-gauge and 23-gauge vitrectomy with sulfur hexafluoride gas tamponadeSentaro Kusuhara
Department of Ophthalmology, Hyogo Prefectural Amagasaki Hospital, Hyogo, Japan
Retina 31:250-6. 2011..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the intraocular gas dynamics after 23-gauge transconjunctival sutureless vitrectomy (TSV) as compared with 20-gauge pars plana vitrectomy (PPV)...
- [Guidelines for contrast enhanced ultrasound (CEUS)--update 2008]J M Correas
Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
J Radiol 90:123-38; quiz 139-40. 2009..It is also useful for the study of pancreatic masses visible at ultrasound in order to improve lesion visualization and characterization (adenocarcinoma and neuro-endocrine tumors), as well as for vascular staging...
- Posterior vitreous detachment induced by injection of plasmin and sulfur hexafluoride in the rabbit vitreousT Hikichi
Department of Ophthalmology, Asahikawa Medical College, Japan
Retina 19:55-8. 1999To investigate whether an injection of plasmin and sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) can induce posterior vitreous detachment (PVD) without vitrectomy.
- Functional residual capacity measurements in healthy infants: ultrasonic flow meter versus a mass spectrometerJ J Pillow
Portex Unit Respiratory Physiology, Institute of Child Health, University College London Hospital NHS Trust, London, UK
Eur Respir J 23:763-8. 2004..7%) and FRCUS (5.2%). The ultrasonic flow meter used in this study provides repeatable measurements of functional residual capacity in spontaneously breathing healthy infants that approximate those obtained during mass spectrometry...
- 25-gauge vitrectomy using sulfur hexafluoride and no prone positioning for repair of macular holesPetros E Carvounis
Cullen Eye Institute, Baylor College of Medicine, 6565 Fannin, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Retina 28:1188-92. 2008To report on the outcomes of 25-gauge pars plana vitrectomy using sulfur hexafluoride and no prone positioning for repair of macular holes.
- Method for assessment of volume of trapped gas in infants during multiple-breath inert gas washoutPer M Gustafsson
Paediatric Respiratory Physiology Laboratory, Department of Paediatrics, Central Hospital, Skovde, Sweden
Pediatr Pulmonol 35:42-9. 2003..It is based on washin using a gas mixture containing 4% sulfur hexafluoride (V(TG,SF6)) and washout with air...
- Primary repair of retinal detachment with 25-gauge pars plana vitrectomyDaniel M Miller
Cincinnati Eye Institute, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Retina 28:931-6. 2008..To evaluate 25-gauge pars plana vitrectomy (PPV) for primary repair of rhegmatogenous retinal detachment (RRD)...
- Assessment of cyclic changes of microvessels in ovine ovaries using Sonovue contrast-enhanced ultrasoundHenri Marret
Department of Gynecology, Obstetrics, Fetal Medicine and Human Reproduction, Bretonneau University Hospital, Tours, France
Ultrasound Med Biol 32:163-9. 2006..Thus, using these parameters in premenopausal women will allow more accurate detection of vascular modifications that may be associated with ovarian cancer...
- Quantification of renal blood flow with contrast-enhanced ultrasoundK Wei
Cardiac Imaging Center, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 37:1135-40. 2001..The goal of this study was to determine the ability of contrast-enhanced ultrasound (CEU) to quantify renal tissue perfusion...
- Advances in sonographic detection of ovarian cancer: depiction of tumor neovascularity with microbubblesArthur C Fleischer
Department of Radiology and Imaging Sciences, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232 2675, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 194:343-8. 2010....
- Helium and sulfur hexafluoride bolus washin in short-term microgravityB Dutrieue
Biomedical Physics Laboratory, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, 1070 Brussels, Belgium
J Appl Physiol (1985) 86:1594-602. 1999We performed single-breath washout (SBW) tests in which He and sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) were inspired throughout the vital capacity inspirations or were inhaled as discrete boluses at different points in the inspiration...
- The use of contrasted transvaginal sonography in the diagnosis of gynecologic diseases: a preliminary studyAntonia Carla Testa
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Catholic University of Sacred Heart, Largo A Gemelli 8, 00168 Rome, Italy
J Ultrasound Med 24:1267-78. 2005....
- Effects of body posture and tidal volume on inter- and intraregional ventilation distribution in healthy menMikael Gronkvist
Swedish Defense Research Agency, Department of Defense Medicine, S 580 13 Linköping, Sweden
J Appl Physiol (1985) 92:634-42. 2002....
- Overall and peripheral inhomogeneity of ventilation in patients with stable cystic fibrosisA Van Muylem
Department of Chest Medicine, Erasme University Hospital, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
Pediatr Pulmonol 30:3-9. 2000..of 1 L inspired from functional residual capacity (FRC test) of 90% oxygen (O(2)), 5% helium (He), and 5% sulfur hexafluoride (SF(6))...
- Peripheral airway involvement in asthma assessed by single-breath SF6 and He washoutP M Gustafsson
Dept of Paediatrics, Central Hospital, Skovde, Sweden
Eur Respir J 21:1033-9. 2003..To conclude, airways close to the acinar entrance participate in the overall airway response to cold-air challenge in asthmatic adults with marked airway hyperresponsiveness to cold, dry air...
- The role of recombinant lysine-plasminogen and recombinant urokinase and sulfur hexafluoride combination in inducing posterior vitreous detachmentGamze Men
Department of Ophthalmology, Tulane University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Retina 24:199-209. 2004..determine the optimal method of generating plasmin in vitreous using recombinant lysine-plasminogen and recombinant urokinase and to determine its efficacy in inducing posterior vitreous detachment when combined with sulfur hexafluoride.
- Comparison of contrast agent-enhanced versus non-contrast agent-enhanced real-time three-dimensional echocardiography for analysis of left ventricular systolic functionBoudewijn J Krenning
Department of Cardiology, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Cardiol 100:1485-9. 2007..In conclusion, contrast agent-enhanced RT3DE is more accurate in assessment of LV function as evidenced by better correlation and narrower limits of agreement compared with MRI, as well as lower intra- and interobserver variabilities...
- Technology overview: SonoVue (Bracco, Milan)Christian Greis
Bracco ALTANA Pharma Max Stromeyer Strasse 116, 78467 Konstanz, Germany
Eur Radiol 14:P11-5. 2004....
- Multiple breath inert gas washout as a measure of ventilation distribution in children with cystic fibrosisP Aurora
Portex Anaesthesia, Intensive Therapy and Respiratory Medicine Unit, Institute of Child Health, London, UK
Thorax 59:1068-73. 2004....
- Outcomes of sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) versus perfluoropropane (C3F8) gas tamponade for macular hole surgerySung Soo Kim
Department of Ophthalmology, Yongdong Severance Hospital, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Retina 28:1408-15. 2008To compare outcomes of macular hole surgery using sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) gas versus perfluoropropane (C3F8) gas for idiopathic macular hole repair.
- Accurate and reproducible measurement of left ventricular volume and ejection fraction by contrast echocardiography: a comparison with magnetic resonance imagingSiri Malm
Department of Circulation and Medical Imaging, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim
J Am Coll Cardiol 44:1030-5. 2004..We evaluated the accuracy and reproducibility of contrast echocardiography versus tissue harmonic imaging for measurements of left ventricular (LV) volumes and ejection fraction (EF) compared to magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)...
- Perforated corneal hydrops treated with sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) gas and tissue adhesiveFreda Sii
City Eye Centre, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Cornea 24:503-4. 2005To report a case of a perforated acute hydrops in a mentally retarded patient that was successfully managed with intracameral sulfur hexafluoride gas and cyanoacrylate tissue adhesive.
- Prostate cancer detection in men with prostate specific antigen 4 to 10 ng/ml using a combined approach of contrast enhanced color Doppler targeted and systematic biopsyAlexandre Pelzer
Departments of Urology, Innsbruck Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria
J Urol 173:1926-9. 2005..We evaluated the impact of a combined approach of contrast enhanced, color Doppler targeted biopsy (CECD) and systematic biopsy (SB) for the PC detection rate in men with prostate specific antigen (PSA) 4.0 to 10 ng/ml...
- Stabilization of post-trabeculectomy flat anterior chamber with Healon and sulfur hexafluorideOrna Geyer
Department of Ophthalmology, Carmel Medical Center, Haifa, Israel
J Cataract Refract Surg 29:2026-8. 2003..When separate attempts to reform the anterior chamber by intracameral injection of sulfur hexafluoride (SF(6)) and sodium hyaluronate 1...
- Enhanced left ventricular endocardial border delineation with an intravenous injection of SonoVue, a new echocardiographic contrast agent: A European multicenter studyR Senior
Northwick Park Hospital and Institute of Medical Research, Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Harrow, Middlesex, United Kingdom
Echocardiography 17:705-11. 2000..It was concluded that SonoVue is safe and effective in delineating endocardial border, including in patients with suboptimal baseline images...
- Harmonic US imaging of vesicoureteric reflux in children: usefulness of a second generation US contrast agentGiorgio Ascenti
Department of Radiological Sciences, University of Messina, Via Giordano Bruno, 53, 98163 Messina, Italy
Pediatr Radiol 34:481-7. 2004..Contrast-enhanced voiding urosonography (VUS) is largely accepted both for the diagnosis and follow-up of vesicoureteric reflux (VUR) in children...
- Determination of percent body fat by the newly developed sulfur hexafluoride dilution method and air displacement plethysmographyH Iwaoka
Department of Epidemiology, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Japan
J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo) 44:561-8. 1998..developed densitometric methods for determining the human body volume and percent body fat (%FAT), the sulfur hexafluoride dilution method (SHF) and air displacement plethysmography (ADP), were evaluated in comparison with the ..
- Effects of ultrasound contrast agents on Doppler tissue velocity estimationMarcus Ressner
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 19:154-64. 2006..The observed bias is presumed to be an effect of harmonic signal contribution from rupturing contrast agent microbubbles and does not indicate biologic or physiologic effects...
- [Contrast-enhanced "low MI real-time" sonography for the assessment of the malignancy of focal liver lesions]H Strunk
Radiologische Universitätsklinik Bonn
Rofo 177:1394-404. 2005..Contrast enhanced sonography using phase-inversion harmonic mode is a promising technique to detect and characterize hepatic lesions. Aim of the following study was to evaluate whether this technique can characterize liver tumors...
- Can contrast dobutamine stress echocardiography be performed with standardized imaging settings for everybody?Helene Thibault
Department of Cardiology, The John Radcliffe Hospital, Headington, Oxford, United Kingdom
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 18:1194-202. 2005..The objective was to assess a standardized imaging and contrast injection protocol for contrast-enhanced dobutamine stress echocardiography (DSE)...
- Haemodynamic parameters of the hepatic artery and vein can detect liver metastases: assessment using contrast-enhanced ultrasoundJ H Zhou
Department of Ultrasound, Cancer Center, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, People s Republic of China
Br J Radiol 81:113-9. 2008..This functional imaging technique may contribute to the early detection of micrometastases in the liver...
- Prospective multicenter trial evaluating a novel method of characterizing focal liver lesions using contrast-enhanced sonographyEdward Leen
Department of Radiology, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, Alexandra Parade, Glasgow, Scotland G31 2ER
AJR Am J Roentgenol 186:1551-9. 2006..The purpose of this study was to assess the clinical value and potential impact of SonoVue-enhanced sonography in the characterization of focal liver lesions...
- Radiofrequency ablation of liver tumors: the role of microbubble ultrasound contrast agentsMaria Franca Meloni
Radiology Department, Vimercate General Hospital, Milan, Italy
Ultrasound Q 22:41-7. 2006..view has changed, however, with the recent development of contrast-enhanced ultrasound (CEUS) (eg, using sulfur hexafluoride microbubbles), which can provide valuable information on the effects of RFA more rapidly and economically ..
- Comparison of contrast-enhanced sonography and MRI in displaying anatomic features of cystic pancreatic massesMirko D'Onofrio
Department of Radiology, University Hospital G B Rossi, Piazzale L A Scuro 10, University of Verona, Verona 37134, Italy
AJR Am J Roentgenol 189:1435-42. 2007..The purpose of this study was to compare the accuracy rates of unenhanced sonography, contrast-enhanced sonography, and MRI in displaying the anatomic features of cystic pancreatic masses larger than 1.5 mm in diameter...
- Blood flow changes in hepatocellular carcinoma after the administration of thalidomide assessed by reperfusion kinetics during microbubble infusion: preliminary resultsMichele Bertolotto
UCO di Radiologia, Universita di Trieste, Ospedale di Cattinara, Italy
Invest Radiol 41:15-21. 2006..We sought to investigate whether thalidomide is able to produce tumor vascular changes in patients with untreatable hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) that can be detected using microbubble contrast agents...
- Evaluation of the vascular architecture of hepatocellular carcinoma by micro flow imaging: pathologic correlationHong Yang
Departments of Medical Ultrasonics, the First Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
J Ultrasound Med 26:461-7. 2007....
- Intraoperative real-time contrast-enhanced ultrasound angiography: a new adjunct in the surgical treatment of arteriovenous malformationsYi Wang
Department of Ultrasound, Fudan University Affiliated Huashan Hospital, Shanghai, China
J Neurosurg 107:959-64. 2007....
- Contrast enhanced sonography of focal splenic lesions with a second-generation contrast agentC Gorg
Medizinische Universitätsklinik Marburg Lahn
Ultraschall Med 26:470-7. 2005..The aim of this study was to investigate the ability of a second generation contrast agent to enhance splenic lesions...
- Transcutaneous contrast-enhanced sonography of pleural-based pulmonary lesionsChristian Gorg
Department of Internal Medicine, Philipps University, Baldingerstrasse, Marburg, Germany
Eur J Radiol 64:213-21. 2007..This review will present first data about practise and clinical use of CES in patient with peripheral lung lesions...
- Value of contrast-enhanced ultrasonography for detecting renal infarcts proven by contrast enhanced CT. A feasibility studyMichele Bertolotto
UCO di Radiologia, Universita di Trieste, Ospedale di Cattinara, Strada di Fiume 449, 34149 Trieste, Italy
Eur Radiol 18:376-83. 2008..006 for reader 1; 0.991 +/- 0.007 for reader 2), with very good inter-reader agreement (weighted kappa value = 0.83). CEUS is a reproducible tool to detect acute renal infarcts in men, with a diagnostic performance approaching that of CT...
- The forgotten organ: contrast enhanced sonography of the spleenChristian Gorg
Medizinische Universitatsklinik, Baldingerstrasse, 35043 Marburg Lahn, Germany
Eur J Radiol 64:189-201. 2007..The aim of this review is to illustrate indications for the use of CES in patients with suspected (peri-)splenic pathology...
- Contrast-enhanced ultrasonographic features of a solid-cystic papillary tumor of the pancreasYing Wu
Department of Ultrasound, Affiliated First People s Hospital of Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, China
J Ultrasound Med 26:853-6. 2007
- Solitary necrotic nodule of the liver: contrast-enhanced sonographyYang Wang
Department of Ultrasound, Chinese PLA General Hospital, 28 Fuxing Road, Beijing, 100853 China
J Clin Ultrasound 35:177-81. 2007..To report contrast-enhanced sonography (CEUS) for solitary necrotic nodule (SNN) of the liver and to assess its clinical value...
- Parapancreatic Castleman disease: contrast-enhanced sonography and CT featuresMonica Mangini
Department of Radiology, University of Insubria, Varese, Italy
J Clin Ultrasound 35:207-11. 2007..We report a rare case of localized para-pancreatic hyaline-vascular Castleman disease that was evaluated using contrast-enhanced sonography and CT...
- Contrast-enhanced ultrasonography for assessment of tumor vascularity in hepatocellular carcinomaZhili Wang
Department of Ultrasound, Chinese People s Liberation Army General Hospital, Beijing, China
J Ultrasound Med 26:757-62. 2007..The aim of this study was to investigate the efficacy of contrast-enhanced ultrasonography (CEUS) in determining the tumor vascularity of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- Differential diagnosis of non-functional islet cell tumor and pancreatic carcinoma with sonographyWei Yang
Department of Ultrasound, School of Oncology, Peking University, Beijing 100036, China
Eur J Radiol 62:342-51. 2007..To investigate the differential diagnosis of non-functional islet cell tumor (NFICT) and pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma (pancreatic carcinoma) with clinical presentation and sonographic features...
- Contrast-enhanced sonography of the kidneyS V Setola
Department of Radiology, National Cancer Institute Fondazione Pascale, Via M Semmola, Naples, I 80131, Italy
Abdom Imaging 32:21-8. 2007..This pictorial review illustrates the CEUS findings recognizable in a wide spectrum of renal disorders and discusses the strengths and limitations of renal imaging with CEUS...
- Centrifugal (inside-out) enhancement of liver hemangiomas: a possible atypical appearance on contrast-enhanced USTommaso Vincenzo Bartolotta
Department of Radiology, University of Palermo, Via del Vespro 127, 90127 Palermo, Italy
Eur J Radiol 64:447-55. 2007..To report the prevalence and to describe the atypical centrifugal (inside-out) appearance of contrast-enhancement of liver hemangiomas on contrast-enhanced sonography...
- Contrast-enhanced ultrasonography in the follow-up of patients with hepatic metastases from breast carcinomaP Della Vigna
Divisione di Radiologia, Istituto Europeo di Oncologia, Via Ripamonti 435, I 20141 Milan, Italy
Radiol Med 112:47-55. 2007..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the use of contrast-enhanced ultrasound (CEUS) to obtain a precise measurement of hepatic metastases in breast cancer patients with fatty-liver disease...
- Phagocytosis of ultrasound contrast agent microbubbles by Kupffer cellsKyosuke Yanagisawa
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Tokyo Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Ultrasound Med Biol 33:318-25. 2007..Our findings suggested that Kupffer cells phagocytosed contrast agents and they were responsible for the delayed images of contrast ultrasound in the liver...
- Ultrasonography of the pancreas. 4. Contrast-enhanced imagingM D'Onofrio
Department of Radiology, G B Rossi Hospital, University of Verona, Piazzale L A Scuro 10, 37134 Verona, Italy
Abdom Imaging 32:171-81. 2007..Moreover the staging of some pancreatic lesions can be improved by the use of contrast media. This article will review the clinical application of CEUS in the different pancreatic pathologies...
- Thermal response of contrast agent microbubbles: preliminary results from physico-chemical and US-imaging characterizationC Guiot
University of Torino, Department of Neuroscience, Torino, Italy
Ultrasonics 44:e127-30. 2006..Although microbubbles are in principle thermally effective, other coating materials should be investigated in order to increase their operative thermal range...
- Low-fat angiomyolipoma of the liver studied with contrast-enhanced ultrasound and multidetector computed tomographyN Flor
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, University of Milan, San Paolo Hospital, Milan, Italy
Acta Radiol 47:543-6. 2006..Ultrasound showed a hyperechoic inhomogeneous mass; following sulfur hexafluoride injection, uniform enhancement at 14-16 s and rapid wash-out at 26 s was found...
- Enhancement pattern of hepatocellular carcinoma: comparison of real-time contrast-enhanced ultrasound and contrast-enhanced computed tomographyGuang jian Liu
Department of Medical Ultrasonics, the First Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510080, People s Republic of China
Clin Imaging 30:315-21. 2006..In portal phase, 82 nodules were hypoenhancing on CEUS and 83 on CECT. Peripheral thin-rim-like enhancement was exhibited in 30 nodules on CEUS and 31 on CECT. Intratumoral vessels were visualized in 94 nodules on CEUS and 36 on CECT...
- [In-vitro comparison of a 1st and a 2nd generation US contrast agent for reflux diagnosis]J Robrecht
Abteilung für Pädiatrische Radiologie, Institut für Röntgendiagnostik, Klinikum der Bayerischen Julius Maximilians Universität Würzburg, Josef Schneider Strasse 2 D31, 97080 Wurzburg
Rofo 179:818-25. 2007..The aim of this study was an in-vitro comparison of the new US contrast agent (SonoVue) and the routinely used contrast agent Levovist, while taking into consideration the physical-chemical properties relevant for reflux diagnosis...
- Quantification of hepatic parenchymal blood flow by contrast ultrasonography with flash-replenishment imagingRyo Metoki
The Fourth Department of Internal Medicine, Tokyo Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Ultrasound Med Biol 32:1459-66. 2006..The results suggested that the FR method, which is a noninvasive measurement, can predict the blood flow of the liver...
- Contrast-enhanced ultrasound (CEUS) for the study of peripheral lung lesions: a preliminary studyMarco Sperandeo
Department of Internal Medicine IRCCS, Casa Sollievo della Sofferenza, Viale Cappuccini, San Giovanni Rotondo FG, Italy
Ultrasound Med Biol 32:1467-72. 2006....
- [Renal transplant: color duplex ultrasound and contrast-enhanced ultrasound in the evaluation of the early postoperative phase and surgical complications]T Fischer
Institut fur Radiologie, Charite Campus Mitte, Universitatsmedizin Berlin
Rofo 178:1202-11. 2006..Initial studies show that efficient and early diagnosis of rejection is possible. Surgical complications like perfusion defects or hematoma can also be identified...
- The role of CnTI-SonoVue in the diagnosis of ovarian masses with papillary projections: a preliminary studyA C Testa
Gynecologic Oncology Unit, Catholic University of Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy, and Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 29:512-6. 2007....
- Heterogeneous delayed enhancement of hepatic parenchyma after intravenous infusion of sonographic contrast agent: a new hypothesisG Caruso
Department of Radiology, University of Palermo, Palermo, Italy
Radiol Med 112:56-63. 2007..The aim of this paper was to report a heterogeneous late-phase hepatic enhancement pattern observed after administration of a sonographic contrast agent and to present an aetiological hypothesis for the phenomenon...
- [Current state of the use of sonographic contrast agents with low acoustic pressure techniques in the study of focal liver lesions]Claudia Borghi
Diagnostica per Immagini, Ospedale Valduce, Como
Radiol Med 107:174-86; quiz 187-8. 2004..Broadening the scope of studies to obtain controlled data and comparisons with the other imaging modalities is crucial for the definitive validation of the method...
- [Characterization of focal liver lesions with contrast-enhanced low MI real time ultrasound and SonoVue]J Hohmann
Klinik und Poliklinik für Radiologie und Nuklearmedizin, Universitatsklinikum Benjamin Franklin, Freie Universitat Berlin
Rofo 175:835-43. 2003..This study investigates whether low MI real time phase inversion imaging with SonoVue can improve the characterization of focal liver lesions in comparison to unenhanced sonography and power Doppler sonography...
- SURF imaging: in vivo demonstration of an ultrasound contrast agent detection techniqueS E Masoy
Department of Circulation and Medical Imaging, Faculty of Medicine, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, N 7489 Trondheim, Norway
IEEE Trans Ultrason Ferroelectr Freq Control 55:1112-21. 2008..The results demonstrate the potential of SURF Imaging as an ultrasound contrast detection technique for clinically high ultrasound frequencies. This may allow ultrasound contrast imaging to be available for a wide range of applications...
- Black Silicon Photodiodes for Enhanced Digital Radiography DetectorsMARTIN U PRALLE; Fiscal Year: 2010..Black Silicon is formed by femtosecond laser processing of silicon wafers in a controlled sulfur hexafluoride atmosphere...
- OPTICAL REMOTE SENSING AND COMPUTED TOMOGRAPHYLori Todd; Fiscal Year: 1991..detector will be used in the wind-tunnel to detect different concentration distributions of the tracer gas, sulfur hexafluoride. The measurements will be validated with an electron capture detector...
- BOLUS-RESPONSE MEASUREMENT OF LUNG FUNCTIONJames Ultman; Fiscal Year: 1980..the effect of separate variations of inspiratory and expiratory flow rate upon the longitudinal mixing of sulfur hexafluoride as compared to helium...
- COMPUTATIONAL METHODS IN INDUSTRIAL VENTILATIONMichael Flynn; Fiscal Year: 1993..Wind-tunnel experiments will employ sulfur hexafluoride as the tracer gas and use a real-time infrared spectrophotometer for concentration measurements...
- COMPUTATIONAL METHODS IN INDUSTRIAL VENTILATIONMichael Flynn; Fiscal Year: 1991..Wind-tunnel experiments will employ sulfur hexafluoride as the tracer gas and use a real-time infrared spectrophotometer for concentration measurements...
- Development and Characterization of a Novel Contrast AgentMargaret Wheatley; Fiscal Year: 2007..Tween family of surfactants are available with differing fatty acid tail groups, and other gases such as sulfur hexafluoride. The hypothesis to be tested is that the wall constituents will dictate the packing density and strength of ..
- Development and Characterization Novel Contrast AgentMargaret Wheatley; Fiscal Year: 2006..Tween family of surfactants are available with differing fatty acid tail groups, and other gases such as sulfur hexafluoride. The hypothesis to be tested is that the wall constituents will dictate the packing density and strength of ..
- Development and Characterization of a Novel Contrast AgentMargaret Wheatley; Fiscal Year: 2009..Tween family of surfactants are available with differing fatty acid tail groups, and other gases such as sulfur hexafluoride. The hypothesis to be tested is that the wall constituents will dictate the packing density and strength of ..
- NMR IMAGING OF INERT FLUORINATED GASES IN LUNGSDEAN KUETHE; Fiscal Year: 2002..With this second aim, we will advance inert fluorinated gas imaging beyond a development and demonstration stage to a new research tool that provides previously unavailable data to medical research. ..
- Compact, low-maintenance MRI system for animal lung imagingDEAN KUETHE; Fiscal Year: 2007..In Phase II, we will integrate the permanent magnet with compact electronics to create a prototype small animal imaging system. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CAMP Continuation Study/Phase 3SUBBARAO PADMAJA; Fiscal Year: 2007..End of Abstract.) ..
- Ultrasound contrast agent enhances ultarsound assisted thrombolysis in strokeAzita Soltani; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Application of acoustic cavitation for thrombolysis in strokeAzita Soltani; Fiscal Year: 2008..This approach holds the potential to improve clinical outcomes in stroke therapy. ..
- The Effect of Pulmonary Interstitial Edema on Gas ExchangeG Prisk; Fiscal Year: 2009..3) Define and quantify the relationship between alterations in the heterogeneity of pulmonary blood flow and lung water content using functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) and X-ray techniques. ..
- The Effect of Pulmonary Interstitial Edema on Gas ExchangeG Prisk; Fiscal Year: 2008..3) Define and quantify the relationship between alterations in the heterogeneity of pulmonary blood flow and lung water content using functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) and X-ray techniques. ..
- The Effect of Pulmonary Interstitial Edema on Gas ExchangeG Prisk; Fiscal Year: 2007..3) Define and quantify the relationship between alterations in the heterogeneity of pulmonary blood flow and lung water content using functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) and X-ray techniques. ..
- The Effect of Pulmonary Interstitial Edema on Gas ExchanG Prisk; Fiscal Year: 2006
- SITES OF ACTION OF INHALATIONAL ANESTHETICS ON HPVJames Baumgardner; Fiscal Year: 2000..Understanding the sites of anesthetic action is of fundamental importance but may also lead to improved patient management. ..
- SITES OF ACTION OF INHALATIONAL ANESTHETICS ON HPVJames Baumgardner; Fiscal Year: 2001..Understanding the sites of anesthetic action is of fundamental importance but may also lead to improved patient management. ..
- Deposition of 0.5 to 2 Micron Aerosol in the Human LungG Prisk; Fiscal Year: 2002..5 to 1 micron). Such information will provide a much-improved basis for the assessment of exposure to small inhaled particles both in long duration spaceflight and on Earth. ..
- Deposition of 0.5 to 2 Micron Aerosol in the Human LungG Prisk; Fiscal Year: 2003..5 to 1 micron). Such information will provide a much-improved basis for the assessment of exposure to small inhaled particles both in long duration spaceflight and on Earth. ..
- ECHOCARDIOGRAPHIC ASSESSMENT OF MICROVASCULAR PERFUSIONKevin Wei; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- SITES OF ACTION OF INHALATIONAL ANESTHETICS ON HPVJames Baumgardner; Fiscal Year: 1999..Understanding the sites of anesthetic action is of fundamental importance but may also lead to improved patient management. ..