Summary: Sulfur hexafluoride. An inert gas used mainly as a test gas in respiratory physiology. Other uses include its injection in vitreoretinal surgery to restore the vitreous chamber and as a tracer in monitoring the dispersion and deposition of air pollutants.
Publications235 found, 100 shown here
- Overall and peripheral inhomogeneity of ventilation in patients with stable cystic fibrosisA Van Muylem
Department of Chest Medicine, Erasme University Hospital, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
Pediatr Pulmonol 30:3-9. 2000..of 1 L inspired from functional residual capacity (FRC test) of 90% oxygen (O(2)), 5% helium (He), and 5% sulfur hexafluoride (SF(6))...
- Functional residual capacity measurements in healthy infants: ultrasonic flow meter versus a mass spectrometerJ J Pillow
Portex Unit Respiratory Physiology, Institute of Child Health, University College London Hospital NHS Trust, London, UK
Eur Respir J 23:763-8. 2004..7%) and FRCUS (5.2%). The ultrasonic flow meter used in this study provides repeatable measurements of functional residual capacity in spontaneously breathing healthy infants that approximate those obtained during mass spectrometry...
- Peripheral airway involvement in asthma assessed by single-breath SF6 and He washoutP M Gustafsson
Dept of Paediatrics, Central Hospital, Skovde, Sweden
Eur Respir J 21:1033-9. 2003..To conclude, airways close to the acinar entrance participate in the overall airway response to cold-air challenge in asthmatic adults with marked airway hyperresponsiveness to cold, dry air...
- Assessment of cyclic changes of microvessels in ovine ovaries using Sonovue contrast-enhanced ultrasoundHenri Marret
Department of Gynecology, Obstetrics, Fetal Medicine and Human Reproduction, Bretonneau University Hospital, Tours, France
Ultrasound Med Biol 32:163-9. 2006..Thus, using these parameters in premenopausal women will allow more accurate detection of vascular modifications that may be associated with ovarian cancer...
- The use of contrasted transvaginal sonography in the diagnosis of gynecologic diseases: a preliminary studyAntonia Carla Testa
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Catholic University of Sacred Heart, Largo A Gemelli 8, 00168 Rome, Italy
J Ultrasound Med 24:1267-78. 2005....
- The role of recombinant lysine-plasminogen and recombinant urokinase and sulfur hexafluoride combination in inducing posterior vitreous detachmentGamze Men
Department of Ophthalmology, Tulane University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Retina 24:199-209. 2004..urokinase and to determine its efficacy in inducing posterior vitreous detachment when combined with sulfur hexafluoride. METHODS: Plasmin concentration of the rabbit vitreous after separate and combined intravitreal ..
- 25-gauge vitrectomy using sulfur hexafluoride and no prone positioning for repair of macular holesPetros E Carvounis
Cullen Eye Institute, Baylor College of Medicine, 6565 Fannin, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Retina 28:1188-92. 2008To report on the outcomes of 25-gauge pars plana vitrectomy using sulfur hexafluoride and no prone positioning for repair of macular holes.
- Helium and sulfur hexafluoride bolus washin in short-term microgravityB Dutrieue
Biomedical Physics Laboratory, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, 1070 Brussels, Belgium
J Appl Physiol 86:1594-602. 1999We performed single-breath washout (SBW) tests in which He and sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) were inspired throughout the vital capacity inspirations or were inhaled as discrete boluses at different points in the inspiration...
- Posterior vitreous detachment induced by injection of plasmin and sulfur hexafluoride in the rabbit vitreousT Hikichi
Department of Ophthalmology, Asahikawa Medical College, Japan
Retina 19:55-8. 1999To investigate whether an injection of plasmin and sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) can induce posterior vitreous detachment (PVD) without vitrectomy.
- Inert gas washout: theoretical background and clinical utility in respiratory diseasePaul D Robinson
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Children s Hospital at Westmead, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Respiration 78:339-55. 2009....
- Advances in sonographic detection of ovarian cancer: depiction of tumor neovascularity with microbubblesArthur C Fleischer
Department of Radiology and Imaging Sciences, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232 2675, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 194:343-8. 2010....
- Method for assessment of volume of trapped gas in infants during multiple-breath inert gas washoutPer M Gustafsson
Paediatric Respiratory Physiology Laboratory, Department of Paediatrics, Central Hospital, Skovde, Sweden
Pediatr Pulmonol 35:42-9. 2003..It is based on washin using a gas mixture containing 4% sulfur hexafluoride (V(TG,SF6)) and washout with air...
- Prostate cancer detection in men with prostate specific antigen 4 to 10 ng/ml using a combined approach of contrast enhanced color Doppler targeted and systematic biopsyAlexandre Pelzer
Departments of Urology, Innsbruck Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria
J Urol 173:1926-9. 2005..We evaluated the impact of a combined approach of contrast enhanced, color Doppler targeted biopsy (CECD) and systematic biopsy (SB) for the PC detection rate in men with prostate specific antigen (PSA) 4.0 to 10 ng/ml...
- Stabilization of post-trabeculectomy flat anterior chamber with Healon and sulfur hexafluorideOrna Geyer
Department of Ophthalmology, Carmel Medical Center, Haifa, Israel
J Cataract Refract Surg 29:2026-8. 2003..When separate attempts to reform the anterior chamber by intracameral injection of sulfur hexafluoride (SF(6)) and sodium hyaluronate 1...
- Accurate and reproducible measurement of left ventricular volume and ejection fraction by contrast echocardiography: a comparison with magnetic resonance imagingSiri Malm
Department of Circulation and Medical Imaging, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim
J Am Coll Cardiol 44:1030-5. 2004..CONCLUSIONS: The two-dimensional echocardiographic evaluation of LV volumes and EF in non-selected cardiac patients was found to be more accurate and reproducible when adding an intravenous contrast agent...
- Perforated corneal hydrops treated with sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) gas and tissue adhesiveFreda Sii
City Eye Centre, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Cornea 24:503-4. 2005..a perforated acute hydrops in a mentally retarded patient that was successfully managed with intracameral sulfur hexafluoride gas and cyanoacrylate tissue adhesive. METHODS: Interventional case report...
- The safety of Sonovue in abdominal applications: retrospective analysis of 23188 investigationsFabio Piscaglia
Division of Internal Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Ultrasound Med Biol 32:1369-75. 2006....
- Enhanced left ventricular endocardial border delineation with an intravenous injection of SonoVue, a new echocardiographic contrast agent: A European multicenter studyR Senior
Northwick Park Hospital and Institute of Medical Research, Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Harrow, Middlesex, United Kingdom
Echocardiography 17:705-11. 2000..It was concluded that SonoVue is safe and effective in delineating endocardial border, including in patients with suboptimal baseline images...
- Outcomes of sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) versus perfluoropropane (C3F8) gas tamponade for macular hole surgerySung Soo Kim
Department of Ophthalmology, Yongdong Severance Hospital, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Retina 28:1408-15. 2008To compare outcomes of macular hole surgery using sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) gas versus perfluoropropane (C3F8) gas for idiopathic macular hole repair.
- Harmonic US imaging of vesicoureteric reflux in children: usefulness of a second generation US contrast agentGiorgio Ascenti
Department of Radiological Sciences, University of Messina, Via Giordano Bruno, 53, 98163 Messina, Italy
Pediatr Radiol 34:481-7. 2004..Contrast-enhanced voiding urosonography (VUS) is largely accepted both for the diagnosis and follow-up of vesicoureteric reflux (VUR) in children...
- Comparison of contrast agent-enhanced versus non-contrast agent-enhanced real-time three-dimensional echocardiography for analysis of left ventricular systolic functionBoudewijn J Krenning
Department of Cardiology, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Cardiol 100:1485-9. 2007..In conclusion, contrast agent-enhanced RT3DE is more accurate in assessment of LV function as evidenced by better correlation and narrower limits of agreement compared with MRI, as well as lower intra- and interobserver variabilities...
- Determination of percent body fat by the newly developed sulfur hexafluoride dilution method and air displacement plethysmographyH Iwaoka
Department of Epidemiology, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Japan
J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo) 44:561-8. 1998..developed densitometric methods for determining the human body volume and percent body fat (%FAT), the sulfur hexafluoride dilution method (SHF) and air displacement plethysmography (ADP), were evaluated in comparison with the ..
- Effects of body posture and tidal volume on inter- and intraregional ventilation distribution in healthy menMikael Gronkvist
Swedish Defense Research Agency, Department of Defense Medicine, S 580 13 Linköping, Sweden
J Appl Physiol 92:634-42. 2002....
- Characterization of focal liver lesions with contrast-specific US modes and a sulfur hexafluoride-filled microbubble contrast agent: diagnostic performance and confidenceEmilio Quaia
Department of Radiology, Cattinara Hospital, University of Trieste, Strada di Fiume 447, Trieste 34149, Italy
Radiology 232:420-30. 2004..of solid focal liver lesions could be improved by using ultrasonographic (US) contrast-specific modes after sulfur hexafluoride-filled microbubble contrast agent injection, as compared with lesion characterization achieved with ..
- Evaluation of lymph node perfusion using continuous mode harmonic ultrasonography with a second-generation contrast agentLeopoldo Rubaltelli
Department of Medical Diagnostic Sciences and Special Therapies, University of Padua, Padua, Italy
J Ultrasound Med 23:829-36. 2004....
- Evaluation of the vascular architecture of hepatocellular carcinoma by micro flow imaging: pathologic correlationHong Yang
Departments of Medical Ultrasonics, the First Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
J Ultrasound Med 26:461-7. 2007....
- Contrast-enhanced ultrasound (CEUS) for the study of peripheral lung lesions: a preliminary studyMarco Sperandeo
Department of Internal Medicine IRCCS, Casa Sollievo della Sofferenza, Viale Cappuccini, San Giovanni Rotondo FG, Italy
Ultrasound Med Biol 32:1467-72. 2006....
- [Feasability of real time contrast enhanced ultrasound in renal disease]F Tranquart
Service de Médecine Nucléaire et Ultrasons, CIT Ultrasons, CHU Bretonneau 37044 Tours Cédex
J Radiol 85:31-6. 2004..To evaluate feasibility of real-time contrast enhanced ultrasound in renal disease...
- Thermal response of contrast agent microbubbles: preliminary results from physico-chemical and US-imaging characterizationC Guiot
University of Torino, Department of Neuroscience, Torino, Italy
Ultrasonics 44:e127-30. 2006..Although microbubbles are in principle thermally effective, other coating materials should be investigated in order to increase their operative thermal range...
- [Renal transplant: color duplex ultrasound and contrast-enhanced ultrasound in the evaluation of the early postoperative phase and surgical complications]T Fischer
Institut fur Radiologie, Charite Campus Mitte, Universitatsmedizin Berlin
Rofo 178:1202-11. 2006..Initial studies show that efficient and early diagnosis of rejection is possible. Surgical complications like perfusion defects or hematoma can also be identified...
- Phagocytosis of ultrasound contrast agent microbubbles by Kupffer cellsKyosuke Yanagisawa
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Tokyo Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Ultrasound Med Biol 33:318-25. 2007..Our findings suggested that Kupffer cells phagocytosed contrast agents and they were responsible for the delayed images of contrast ultrasound in the liver...
- Contrast-enhanced ultrasound assessment of tissue response to high-intensity focused ultrasoundJames E Kennedy
Department of Urology, Churchill Hospital, Oxford, UK
Ultrasound Med Biol 30:851-4. 2004..Observed changes were seen to correlate well with the ablated volume on histologic evaluation of the treated volume. This is the first time that this imaging technique has been reported in this setting...
- Heterogeneous delayed enhancement of hepatic parenchyma after intravenous infusion of sonographic contrast agent: a new hypothesisG Caruso
Department of Radiology, University of Palermo, Palermo, Italy
Radiol Med 112:56-63. 2007..The aim of this paper was to report a heterogeneous late-phase hepatic enhancement pattern observed after administration of a sonographic contrast agent and to present an aetiological hypothesis for the phenomenon...
- Contrast-enhanced ultrasonography in the follow-up of patients with hepatic metastases from breast carcinomaP Della Vigna
Divisione di Radiologia, Istituto Europeo di Oncologia, Via Ripamonti 435, I 20141 Milan, Italy
Radiol Med 112:47-55. 2007..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the use of contrast-enhanced ultrasound (CEUS) to obtain a precise measurement of hepatic metastases in breast cancer patients with fatty-liver disease...
- Parapancreatic Castleman disease: contrast-enhanced sonography and CT featuresMonica Mangini
Department of Radiology, University of Insubria, Varese, Italy
J Clin Ultrasound 35:207-11. 2007..We report a rare case of localized para-pancreatic hyaline-vascular Castleman disease that was evaluated using contrast-enhanced sonography and CT...
- Solitary necrotic nodule of the liver: contrast-enhanced sonographyYang Wang
Department of Ultrasound, Chinese PLA General Hospital, 28 Fuxing Road, Beijing, 100853 China
J Clin Ultrasound 35:177-81. 2007..To report contrast-enhanced sonography (CEUS) for solitary necrotic nodule (SNN) of the liver and to assess its clinical value...
- Quantification of hepatic parenchymal blood flow by contrast ultrasonography with flash-replenishment imagingRyo Metoki
The Fourth Department of Internal Medicine, Tokyo Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Ultrasound Med Biol 32:1459-66. 2006..The results suggested that the FR method, which is a noninvasive measurement, can predict the blood flow of the liver...
- Technology overview: SonoVue (Bracco, Milan)Christian Greis
Bracco ALTANA Pharma Max Stromeyer Strasse 116, 78467 Konstanz, Germany
Eur Radiol 14:P11-5. 2004....
- Contrast enhanced sonography of focal splenic lesions with a second-generation contrast agentC Gorg
Medizinische Universitätsklinik Marburg Lahn
Ultraschall Med 26:470-7. 2005..The aim of this study was to investigate the ability of a second generation contrast agent to enhance splenic lesions...
- Effects of ultrasound contrast agents on Doppler tissue velocity estimationMarcus Ressner
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 19:154-64. 2006..The observed bias is presumed to be an effect of harmonic signal contribution from rupturing contrast agent microbubbles and does not indicate biologic or physiologic effects...
- Can contrast dobutamine stress echocardiography be performed with standardized imaging settings for everybody?Helene Thibault
Department of Cardiology, The John Radcliffe Hospital, Headington, Oxford, United Kingdom
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 18:1194-202. 2005..The objective was to assess a standardized imaging and contrast injection protocol for contrast-enhanced dobutamine stress echocardiography (DSE)...
- [Contrast-enhanced "low MI real-time" sonography for the assessment of the malignancy of focal liver lesions]H Strunk
Radiologische Universitätsklinik Bonn
Rofo 177:1394-404. 2005..Contrast enhanced sonography using phase-inversion harmonic mode is a promising technique to detect and characterize hepatic lesions. Aim of the following study was to evaluate whether this technique can characterize liver tumors...
- Characterization of benign hepatic tumors arising in fatty liver with SonoVue and pulse inversion UST V Bartolotta
Department of Radiology, University of Palermo, Via del Vespro 127, Palermo 90127, Italy
Abdom Imaging 32:84-91. 2007..We describe the spectrum of contrast-enhancement patterns of benign hepatic tumors arising in fatty liver on contrast-enhanced ultrasound (US)...
- Contrast-enhanced ultrasonography in normal canine liver. Evaluation of imaging and safety parametersHelena T Nyman
Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences, The Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Copenhagen, Denmark
Vet Radiol Ultrasound 46:243-50. 2005..When considering normal values, the use of anesthetic drugs has to be considered...
- Differentiation of focal nodular hyperplasia and hepatocellular adenoma by contrast-enhanced ultrasoundC F Dietrich
1st Department of Internal Medicine, Caritas Hospital Bad Mergentheim, Uhlandstrasse 7, 97980 Bad Mergentheim, Germany
Br J Radiol 78:704-7. 2005..Therefore, this technique might improve the functional characterization of benign hypervascular focal liver lesions...
- Prospective multicenter trial evaluating a novel method of characterizing focal liver lesions using contrast-enhanced sonographyEdward Leen
Department of Radiology, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, Alexandra Parade, Glasgow, Scotland G31 2ER
AJR Am J Roentgenol 186:1551-9. 2006..The purpose of this study was to assess the clinical value and potential impact of SonoVue-enhanced sonography in the characterization of focal liver lesions...
- Ultrasonography of the pancreas. 4. Contrast-enhanced imagingM D'Onofrio
Department of Radiology, G B Rossi Hospital, University of Verona, Piazzale L A Scuro 10, 37134 Verona, Italy
Abdom Imaging 32:171-81. 2007..Moreover the staging of some pancreatic lesions can be improved by the use of contrast media. This article will review the clinical application of CEUS in the different pancreatic pathologies...
- [Comparison of contrast-enhanced low mechanical index (Low MI) sonography and unenhanced B-mode sonography for the differentiation between synovitis and joint effusion in patients with rheumatoid arthritis]T Kleffel
, Klinikum Augsburg
Rofo 177:835-41. 2005..In 3 patients diagnosed by sonography as having a synovitis, this diagnosis was proven by MRI. CONCLUSION: Contrast-enhanced low-MI sonography is superior to non-enhanced B-Mode sonography in differentiating synovitis and joint effusion...
- Radiofrequency ablation of liver tumors: the role of microbubble ultrasound contrast agentsMaria Franca Meloni
Radiology Department, Vimercate General Hospital, Milan, Italy
Ultrasound Q 22:41-7. 2006..view has changed, however, with the recent development of contrast-enhanced ultrasound (CEUS) (eg, using sulfur hexafluoride microbubbles), which can provide valuable information on the effects of RFA more rapidly and economically ..
- Low-fat angiomyolipoma of the liver studied with contrast-enhanced ultrasound and multidetector computed tomographyN Flor
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, University of Milan, San Paolo Hospital, Milan, Italy
Acta Radiol 47:543-6. 2006..Ultrasound showed a hyperechoic inhomogeneous mass; following sulfur hexafluoride injection, uniform enhancement at 14-16 s and rapid wash-out at 26 s was found...
- Enhancement pattern of hepatocellular carcinoma: comparison of real-time contrast-enhanced ultrasound and contrast-enhanced computed tomographyGuang-Jian Liu
Department of Medical Ultrasonics, The First Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat-Sen University, Guangzhou 510080, People's Republic of China
Clin Imaging 30:315-21. 2006..In portal phase, 82 nodules were hypoenhancing on CEUS and 83 on CECT. Peripheral thin-rim-like enhancement was exhibited in 30 nodules on CEUS and 31 on CECT. Intratumoral vessels were visualized in 94 nodules on CEUS and 36 on CECT...
- Incidental liver lesions: diagnostic value of cadence contrast pulse sequencing (CPS) and SonoVueA Bleuzen
CIT Ultrasons, CHU Bretonneau, 37044 Tours Cedex 1, France
Eur Radiol 14:P53-62. 2004..The high diagnostic value of CEUS makes this method a candidate to be considered a reference imaging modality for incidental lesions...
- Monitoring RF ablationLuigi Solbiati
Department of Radiology, General Hospital, 21052 Busto Arsizio VA, Italy
Eur Radiol 14:P34-42. 2004..1%, and this improved to 3.8% in the following 2 years. The method is cost-effective because it reduces the need for repeated treatment sessions under general anaesthesia. The same method is helpful in treatment planning and follow-up...
- Detection and characterisation of liver metastasesT Albrecht
Klinik und Poliklinik für Radiologie und Nuklearmedizin, Charite Campus Benjamin Franklin, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Freie Universität Berlin und Humboldt Universität zu Berlin, Hindenburgdamm 30, 12200 Berlin, Germany
Eur Radiol 14:P25-33. 2004..Contrast agents add a new dimension to sonography allowing it to rival CT and MRI, especially for lesion characterisation...
- Blood flow changes in hepatocellular carcinoma after the administration of thalidomide assessed by reperfusion kinetics during microbubble infusion: preliminary resultsMichele Bertolotto
UCO di Radiologia, Universita di Trieste, Ospedale di Cattinara, Italy
Invest Radiol 41:15-21. 2006..We sought to investigate whether thalidomide is able to produce tumor vascular changes in patients with untreatable hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) that can be detected using microbubble contrast agents...
- Differential diagnosis of non-functional islet cell tumor and pancreatic carcinoma with sonographyWei Yang
Department of Ultrasound, School of Oncology, Peking University, Beijing 100036, China
Eur J Radiol 62:342-51. 2007..To investigate the differential diagnosis of non-functional islet cell tumor (NFICT) and pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma (pancreatic carcinoma) with clinical presentation and sonographic features...
- Contrast-enhanced sonography of the kidneyS V Setola
Department of Radiology, National Cancer Institute Fondazione Pascale, Via M Semmola, Naples, I 80131, Italy
Abdom Imaging 32:21-8. 2007..This pictorial review illustrates the CEUS findings recognizable in a wide spectrum of renal disorders and discusses the strengths and limitations of renal imaging with CEUS...
- Transcutaneous contrast-enhanced sonography of pleural-based pulmonary lesionsChristian Gorg
Department of Internal Medicine, Philipps University, Baldingerstrasse, Marburg, Germany
Eur J Radiol 64:213-21. 2007..This review will present first data about practise and clinical use of CES in patient with peripheral lung lesions...
- The forgotten organ: contrast enhanced sonography of the spleenChristian Gorg
Medizinische Universitatsklinik, Baldingerstrasse, 35043 Marburg Lahn, Germany
Eur J Radiol 64:189-201. 2007..The aim of this review is to illustrate indications for the use of CES in patients with suspected (peri-)splenic pathology...
- Intraoperative real-time contrast-enhanced ultrasound angiography: a new adjunct in the surgical treatment of arteriovenous malformationsYi Wang
Department of Ultrasound, Fudan University Affiliated Huashan Hospital, Shanghai, China
J Neurosurg 107:959-64. 2007....
- Comparison of contrast-enhanced sonography and MRI in displaying anatomic features of cystic pancreatic massesMirko D'Onofrio
Department of Radiology, University Hospital G B Rossi, Piazzale L A Scuro 10, University of Verona, Verona 37134, Italy
AJR Am J Roentgenol 189:1435-42. 2007..The purpose of this study was to compare the accuracy rates of unenhanced sonography, contrast-enhanced sonography, and MRI in displaying the anatomic features of cystic pancreatic masses larger than 1.5 mm in diameter...
- In vitro acoustic characterisation of four intravenous ultrasonic contrast agents at 30 MHzC M Moran
Department of Medical Physics and Medical Engineering, University of, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Ultrasound Med Biol 28:785-91. 2002..01 million microbubbles/mL and 1 million microbubbles/mL. Furthermore, for two of the agents, mean backscatter enhancement was detectable at concentrations as low as 2 microbubbles/sample volume...
- Gene transfer with microbubble ultrasound and plasmid DNA into skeletal muscle of mice: comparison between commercially available microbubble contrast agentsXinghua Wang
Imaging Sciences Department, Hammersmith Hospital, Imperial College London, Du Cane Rd, London W12 0NN, England
Radiology 237:224-9. 2005..05), with increased tissue damage. CONCLUSION: Both non-air-based agents show promise in gene delivery in skeletal muscle with undetectable tissue damage. Enhanced gene transfer with additional ultrasound was achieved only with SonoVue...
- Haemodynamic parameters of the hepatic artery and vein can detect liver metastases: assessment using contrast-enhanced ultrasoundJ H Zhou
Department of Ultrasound, Cancer Center, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, People s Republic of China
Br J Radiol 81:113-9. 2008..This functional imaging technique may contribute to the early detection of micrometastases in the liver...
- Anti-angiogenic gene therapy for hepatocellular carcinoma mediated by microbubble-enhanced ultrasound exposure: an in vivo experimental studyFang Nie
Department of Medical Ultrasonics, Institution of Diagnostic and Interventional Ultrasound, The First Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, People s Republic of China
J Drug Target 16:389-95. 2008..The aim of this study was to assess the effect of anti-angiogenic gene therapy for hepatocelluar carcinoma (HCC) treated by microbubble-enhanced ultrasound exposure...
- Intrahepatic peripheral cholangiocarcinoma (IPCC): comparison between perfusion ultrasound and CT imagingM D'Onofrio
Istituto di Radiologia, Universita degli Studi di Verona, Policlinico G B Rossi, Piazzale L A Scuro 10, 37134 Verona, Italy
Radiol Med 113:76-86. 2008..This study was done to compare the perfusion patterns of intrahepatic peripheral cholangiocarcinoma (IPCC) on contrast-enhanced ultrasound (CEUS) and dynamic computed tomography (CT)...
- Detection and characterization of focal liver lesions with contrast-enhanced ultrasonography in patients with hepatitis C-induced liver cirrhosisN Rahbin
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Karolinska University Hospital, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Radiol 49:251-7. 2008..Hepatitis C virus (HCV)-associated liver cirrhosis provides a major preneoplastic condition for hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC). Ultrasonography (US) is usually used for screening of HCC, but needs improvement...
- Clinical utility of contrast-enhanced ultrasound in neurosonologyDirk W Droste
Department of Neurology, University of Munster, Munster, Germany
Eur Neurol 59:2-8. 2008..Such agents have a relatively long-lasting effect (up to 7 min), and can be administered as a single injection or, alternatively, a fractionated injection protocol can be used, depending on the quality of the window...
- [Characterization of focal liver lesions with contrast-enhanced low MI real time ultrasound and SonoVue]J Hohmann
Klinik und Poliklinik für Radiologie und Nuklearmedizin, Universitatsklinikum Benjamin Franklin, Freie Universitat Berlin
Rofo 175:835-43. 2003..This study investigates whether low MI real time phase inversion imaging with SonoVue can improve the characterization of focal liver lesions in comparison to unenhanced sonography and power Doppler sonography...
- [Contrast ultrasonography: value in diagnosis and characterisation of hepatic tumors]Christophe Aube
Radiologie, CHU Angers, 4, rue Larrey, 49033, Angers Cedex 01
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 27:B63-70. 2003
- Value of contrast-enhanced ultrasonography for detecting renal infarcts proven by contrast enhanced CT. A feasibility studyMichele Bertolotto
UCO di Radiologia, Universita di Trieste, Ospedale di Cattinara, Strada di Fiume 449, 34149 Trieste, Italy
Eur Radiol 18:376-83. 2008..006 for reader 1; 0.991 +/- 0.007 for reader 2), with very good inter-reader agreement (weighted kappa value = 0.83). CEUS is a reproducible tool to detect acute renal infarcts in men, with a diagnostic performance approaching that of CT...
- [Current state of the use of sonographic contrast agents with low acoustic pressure techniques in the study of focal liver lesions]Claudia Borghi
Diagnostica per Immagini, Ospedale Valduce, Como
Radiol Med 107:174-86; quiz 187-8. 2004..Broadening the scope of studies to obtain controlled data and comparisons with the other imaging modalities is crucial for the definitive validation of the method...
- Centrifugal (inside-out) enhancement of liver hemangiomas: a possible atypical appearance on contrast-enhanced USTommaso Vincenzo Bartolotta
Department of Radiology, University of Palermo, Via del Vespro 127, 90127 Palermo, Italy
Eur J Radiol 64:447-55. 2007..To report the prevalence and to describe the atypical centrifugal (inside-out) appearance of contrast-enhancement of liver hemangiomas on contrast-enhanced sonography...
- Evaluation of hepatocellular carcinoma using SonoVue, a second generation ultrasound contrast agent: correlation with cellular differentiationCarlos Nicolau
Diagnosis Imaging Center, Hospital Clinic, Villarroel 170, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
Eur Radiol 14:1092-9. 2004..Echogenicity in the portal and late phases correlated with cellular differentiation...
- The role of CnTI-SonoVue in the diagnosis of ovarian masses with papillary projections: a preliminary studyA C Testa
Gynecologic Oncology Unit, Catholic University of Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy, and Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 29:512-6. 2007....
- Ultrasound contrast agents can influence the respiratory burst activity of human neutrophil granulocytesGrigorios Korosoglou
Department of Cardiology, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Ultrasound Med Biol 30:75-81. 2004..The potential clinical relevance of this effect needs to be elucidated...
- Low mechanical index contrast-enhanced sonographic findings of pyogenic hepatic abscessesOrlando Catalano
Department of Radiology, S Maria delle Grazie Hospital, Via Domitiana Località La Schiana, Pozzuoli, Naples 80121, Italy
AJR Am J Roentgenol 182:447-50. 2004..We describe the contrast-specific sonographic findings of pyogenic hepatic abscesses...
- SURF imaging: in vivo demonstration of an ultrasound contrast agent detection techniqueS E Masoy
Department of Circulation and Medical Imaging, Faculty of Medicine, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, N 7489 Trondheim, Norway
IEEE Trans Ultrason Ferroelectr Freq Control 55:1112-21. 2008..The results demonstrate the potential of SURF Imaging as an ultrasound contrast detection technique for clinically high ultrasound frequencies. This may allow ultrasound contrast imaging to be available for a wide range of applications...
- [In-vitro comparison of a 1st and a 2nd generation US contrast agent for reflux diagnosis]J Robrecht
Abteilung für Pädiatrische Radiologie, Institut für Röntgendiagnostik, Klinikum der Bayerischen Julius Maximilians Universität Würzburg, Josef Schneider Strasse 2 D31, 97080 Wurzburg
Rofo 179:818-25. 2007..The aim of this study was an in-vitro comparison of the new US contrast agent (SonoVue) and the routinely used contrast agent Levovist, while taking into consideration the physical-chemical properties relevant for reflux diagnosis...
- Contrast-enhanced ultrasonographic features of a solid-cystic papillary tumor of the pancreasYing Wu
Department of Ultrasound, Affiliated First People's Hospital of Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, China
J Ultrasound Med 26:853-6. 2007
- Contrast-enhanced ultrasonography for assessment of tumor vascularity in hepatocellular carcinomaZhili Wang
Department of Ultrasound, Chinese People s Liberation Army General Hospital, Beijing, China
J Ultrasound Med 26:757-62. 2007..The aim of this study was to investigate the efficacy of contrast-enhanced ultrasonography (CEUS) in determining the tumor vascularity of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- Outcomes of surgery for retinal detachment associated with proliferative vitreoretinopathy using perfluoro-n-octane: a multicenter studyIngrid U Scott
Department of Ophthalmology, Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33101, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 136:454-63. 2003....
- Feeding saponin-containing Yucca schidigera and Quillaja saponaria to decrease enteric methane production in dairy cowsL Holtshausen
Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada T1J 4B1
J Dairy Sci 92:2809-21. 2009..Methane production was measured in environmental chambers and with the sulfur hexafluoride (SF(6)) tracer technique...
- Methane emissions, feed intake, performance, digestibility, and rumen fermentation of finishing beef cattle offered whole-crop wheat silages differing in grain contentE J Mc Geough
Teagasc, Grange Beef Research Centre, Dunsany, Co Meath, Ireland
J Anim Sci 88:2703-16. 2010..daily methane output [295 (WCW I), 315 (WCW II), 322 (WCW III), and 273 g/d (WCW IV)], measured using the sulfur hexafluoride tracer technique, was observed in response to increasing the grain content of WCW; however, linear ..
- Unusual benign focal liver lesions: findings on real-time contrast-enhanced sonographyHui Xiong Xu
Department of Medical Ultrasonics, First Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
J Ultrasound Med 27:243-54. 2008This presentation aims to provide an overview of the manifestations of some unusual benign focal liver lesions (FLLs) on low-acoustic power contrast-enhanced sonography (CES) with a sulfur hexafluoride contrast agent.
- Scleral buckling versus primary vitrectomy in rhegmatogenous retinal detachment: a prospective randomized multicenter clinical studyHeinrich Heimann
St Paul s Eye Unit, Royal Liverpool University Hospital, Liverpool, United Kingdom
Ophthalmology 114:2142-54. 2007..To compare scleral buckling surgery (SB) and primary pars plana vitrectomy (PPV) in rhegmatogenous retinal detachments of medium complexity...
- Review of chamber design requirements for testing of personal protective clothing ensemblesPengfei Gao
National Personal Protective Technology Laboratory, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health Pittsburgh, PA 15236, USA
J Occup Environ Hyg 4:562-71. 2007..The primary differences among the test methods were the choice of test challenge material (e.g., sulfur hexafluoride, methyl salicylate, sodium chloride particles, corn oil, fluorophore-impregnated silica) and the exercise ..
- Effect of sulfur hexafluoride gas on antibacterial activity of antibiotics in vitro against agents causing endophthalmitisA Yanyali
Department of Ophthalmology, Kocaeli University, School of Medicine, Izmit, Turkey
Ophthalmologica 215:439-43. 2001We conducted a study to evaluate the effect of sulfur hexafluoride gas (SF(6)) on the antibacterial activity of antibiotics in vitro against Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis and Pseudomonas aeruginosa, which are common ..
- Effect of DL-malic acid supplementation on feed intake, methane emission, and rumen fermentation in beef cattleP A Foley
University College Dublin School of Agriculture, Food Science and Veterinary Medicine, UCD, Lyons Research Farm, Newcastle, Co Dublin, Ireland
J Anim Sci 87:1048-57. 2009..Enteric CH(4) emissions were estimated by using the sulfur hexafluoride tracer technique and feed apparent digestibility was estimated by using chromic oxide as an external marker ..
- Hyperbaric bradycardia and hypoventilation in exercising men: effects of ambient pressure and breathing gasD Linnarsson
Section of Environmental Physiology, Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Karolinska Institutet, SE 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
J Appl Physiol 87:1428-32. 1999..5 bar, 3) sulfur hexafluoride-oxygen (SF(6)-O(2)) at 1.3 bar, and 4) nitrogen-oxygen (N(2)-O(2)) at 5.5 bar...
- Use of monensin controlled-release capsules to reduce methane emissions and improve milk production of dairy cows offered pasture supplemented with grainC Grainger
Department of Primary Industries, Ellinbank 3821, Victoria, Australia
J Dairy Sci 91:1159-65. 2008..Milk production was measured for 100 d following insertion of each capsule. The sulfur hexafluoride tracer gas technique was used to measure enteric methane emissions for 4 d starting on d 25 and 81 after ..
- Horizontal and vertical micropsia following macula-off rhegmatogenous retinal-detachment surgical repairMarta Ugarte
Department of Ophthalmology, St Thomas Hospital, Lambeth Palace Road, London, SE1 7EH, UK
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 244:1545-8. 2006..is to describe horizontal and vertical dysmetropsia occurring in patients following pars plana vitrectomy and gas treatment (octafluoropropane, C(3)F(8) or sulfur hexafluoride, SF(6)) for macula-off rhegmatogenous retinal detachment.
- Differing effects of 2 active dried yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae) strains on ruminal acidosis and methane production in nonlactating dairy cowsY H Chung
Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, Research Center, Lethbridge, AB, T1J 4B1, Canada
J Dairy Sci 94:2431-9. 2011..7 d (d 22 to 28) by using an indwelling system, and CH(4) gas was measured for 4 d (d 32 to 35) using the sulfur hexafluoride tracer gas technique (with halters and yokes)...
- Methane emissions, feed intake, and performance of finishing beef cattle offered maize silages harvested at 4 different stages of maturityE J Mc Geough
Teagasc, Grange Beef Research Centre, Dunsany, Co Meath, Ireland
J Anim Sci 88:1479-91. 2010..009) decrease in NDF digestibility was observed. Methane emissions, (g/d) measured using the sulfur hexafluoride tracer technique, were not affected by maize silage maturity...
- Changes in functional residual capacity and lung mechanics during surgical repair of congenital heart diseases: effects of preoperative pulmonary hemodynamicsBritta S von Ungern-Sternberg
Division of Anesthesia, Geneva Children s Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Anesthesiology 110:1348-55. 2009....
- Methane output and diet digestibility in response to feeding dairy cows crude linseed, extruded linseed, or linseed oilC Martin
Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, UR1213 Herbivores, F63122 Saint Genès Champanelle, France
J Anim Sci 86:2642-50. 2008..studied the effect of 3 forms of presentation of linseed fatty acids (FA) on methane output using the sulfur hexafluoride tracer technique, total tract digestibility, and performance of dairy cows...
- Assessment of a new mathematical model for the computation of numerical parameters related to renal cortical blood flow and fractional blood volume by contrast-enhanced ultrasoundEmilio Quaia
Department of Radiology, Cattinara Hospital, Strada di Fiume 447, Trieste, Italy
Ultrasound Med Biol 35:616-27. 2009..cortical blood flow and fractional blood volume by contrast-enhanced ultrasound after the injection of sulfur hexafluoride-filled microbubbles...
- Management of glaucoma after retinal detachment surgerySteven J Gedde
Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
Curr Opin Ophthalmol 13:103-9. 2002..Intravitreal injection of expansile gases like sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) and perfluoropropene (C3F8) may produce secondary angle-closure glaucoma with or without pupillary ..
- Usefulness of ultrasound contrast for image enhancement during stress echocardiographyFolkert J ten Cate
Academich Ziekenhuis Rotterdam Dijkzigt, Kamer BA 308, Postbus 2040, NL 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Echocardiography 19:621-5. 2002..administered with SonoVue, a new generation contrast agent made of stabilized microbubbles containing sulfur hexafluoride, an inert gas, showed an improvement in the number of evaluable segments with fundamental and harmonic ..
- Prone equals prone? Impact of positioning techniques on respiratory function in anesthetized and paralyzed healthy childrenBritta S von Ungern-Sternberg
Division of Anesthesia, University Children s Hospital, Roemergasse 8, 4005, Basel, Switzerland
Intensive Care Med 33:1771-7. 2007..The aim of this study was to determine the impact of two different prone positioning techniques on functional residual capacity and ventilation distribution in anesthetized, preschool-aged children...
- Diffusion-weighted 19F-MRI of lung periphery: Influence of pressure and air-SF6 composition on apparent diffusion coefficientsJesus Ruiz-Cabello
Grupo de Resonancia Magnética, Instituto de Estudios Biofuncionales, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Paseo Juan XXIII 1, Madrid 28040, Spain
Respir Physiol Neurobiol 148:43-56. 2005..we have recently demonstrated the first diffusion-weighted images using thermally polarized inhaled sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) in small animals...
- Development and Characterization of a Novel Contrast AgentMargaret Wheatley; Fiscal Year: 2009..Tween family of surfactants are available with differing fatty acid tail groups, and other gases such as sulfur hexafluoride. The hypothesis to be tested is that the wall constituents will dictate the packing density and strength of ..
- Development and Characterization of a Novel Contrast AgentMargaret Wheatley; Fiscal Year: 2007..Tween family of surfactants are available with differing fatty acid tail groups, and other gases such as sulfur hexafluoride. The hypothesis to be tested is that the wall constituents will dictate the packing density and strength of ..
- Compact, low-maintenance MRI system for animal lung imagingDEAN KUETHE; Fiscal Year: 2007..The Phase I goal is to obtain high resolution in vivo pulmonary MRI with a compact permanent magnet. In Phase II, we will integrate the permanent magnet with compact electronics to create a prototype small animal imaging system. ..
- NMR IMAGING OF INERT FLUORINATED GASES IN LUNGSDEAN KUETHE; Fiscal Year: 2002..With this second aim, we will advance inert fluorinated gas imaging beyond a development and demonstration stage to a new research tool that provides previously unavailable data to medical research. ..
- ECHOCARDIOGRAPHIC ASSESSMENT OF MICROVASCULAR PERFUSIONKevin Wei; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- The Effect of Pulmonary Interstitial Edema on Gas ExchangeG Prisk; Fiscal Year: 2009..3) Define and quantify the relationship between alterations in the heterogeneity of pulmonary blood flow and lung water content using functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) and X-ray techniques. ..
- The Effect of Pulmonary Interstitial Edema on Gas ExchangeG Prisk; Fiscal Year: 2007..3) Define and quantify the relationship between alterations in the heterogeneity of pulmonary blood flow and lung water content using functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) and X-ray techniques. ..
- Ultrasound contrast agent enhances ultarsound assisted thrombolysis in strokeAzita Soltani; Fiscal Year: 2007..At the end of therapy, time to recanalization, angiographic assessment of TIMI flow and declotting grade assessment will be performed to determine efficacy of proposed therapeutic protocol. ..
- SITES OF ACTION OF INHALATIONAL ANESTHETICS ON HPVJames Baumgardner; Fiscal Year: 2001..Understanding the sites of anesthetic action is of fundamental importance but may also lead to improved patient management. ..
- Deposition of 0.5 to 2 Micron Aerosol in the Human LungG Prisk; Fiscal Year: 2003..5 to 1 micron). Such information will provide a much-improved basis for the assessment of exposure to small inhaled particles both in long duration spaceflight and on Earth. ..