Genomes and Genes
Summary: A trace element with the atomic symbol B, atomic number 5, and atomic weight 10.81. Boron-10, an isotope of boron, is used as a neutron absorber in BORON NEUTRON CAPTURE THERAPY.
Publications265 found, 100 shown here
- A bystander effect observed in boron neutron capture therapy: a study of the induction of mutations in the HPRT locusYuko Kinashi
Research Reactor Institute, Kyoto University, Osaka, Japan
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 68:508-14. 2007To investigate bystander mutagenic effects induced by alpha-particles during boron neutron capture therapy, we mixed cells that were electroporated with borocaptate sodium (BSH), which led to the accumulation of (10)B inside the cells, ..
- High-level exposure to lithium, boron, cesium, and arsenic via drinking water in the Andes of northern ArgentinaGabriela Concha
Division of Toxicology, Swedish National Food Administration, Box 622, S 751 26 Uppsala, Sweden
Environ Sci Technol 44:6875-80. 2010..high concentrations of lithium (highest 1000 microg/L), cesium (320 microg/L), rubidium (47 microg/L), and boron (5950 microg/L)...
- Structural identification of a bacterial quorum-sensing signal containing boronXin Chen
Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey 08544 1014, USA
Nature 415:545-9. 2002..Furthermore, they indicate a potential biological role for boron, an element required by a number of organisms but for unknown reasons.
- Microbial diversity of boron-rich volcanic hot springs of St. Lucia, Lesser AntillesLisa M Stout
Department of Geology and Geophysics, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
FEMS Microbiol Ecol 70:402-12. 2009..present an extreme environment due to high temperatures, low pH values, and high concentrations of sulfate and boron. St...
- Proliferation, differentiation and gene expression of osteoblasts in boron-containing associated with dexamethasone deliver from mesoporous bioactive glass scaffoldsChengtie Wu
Shanghai Institute of Ceramics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
Biomaterials 32:7068-78. 2011b>Boron is one of the trace elements in the human body which plays an important role in bone growth...
- The analysis of Lupinus albus root proteome revealed cytoskeleton altered features due to long-term boron deficiencyM Alves
Instituto de Tecnologia Quimica e Biologica, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Av da Republica, 2780 157 Oeiras, Portugal
J Proteomics 74:1351-63. 2011b>Boron (B) deficiency greatly limits plants' growth and development. Since the root is the organ that first senses the deficiency, we have analyzed the adaptive responses of Lupinus albus roots to long-term B deficiency...
- WRKY6 is involved in the response to boron deficiency in Arabidopsis thalianaIchiro Kasajima
Biotechnology Research Center, University of Tokyo, 1 1 1 Yayoi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8657, Japan
Physiol Plant 139:80-92. 2010b>Boron (B) is one of the essential nutrients for plant growth and reproduction. Transcriptome analyses have identified genes regulated by B deficiency, but their function mostly remains elusive...
- Boron neutron capture therapy (BNCT) for glioblastoma multiforme: a phase II study evaluating a prolonged high-dose of boronophenylalanine (BPA)Roger Henriksson
Department of Radiation Sciences and Oncology, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
Radiother Oncol 88:183-91. 2008To evaluate the efficacy and safety of boron neutron capture therapy (BNCT) for glioblastoma multiforme (GBM) using a novel protocol for the boronophenylalanine-fructose (BPA-F) infusion.
- In vivo evolutionary engineering of a boron-resistant bacterium: Bacillus boroniphilusMustafa Sen
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Faculty of Science and Letters, Istanbul Technical University, Istanbul, Maslak, 34469, Turkey
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek 99:825-35. 2011b>Boron is an industrially and biologically important element. However, the mechanisms of boron tolerance and its transport in bacteria and many other living systems are still not clearly understood...
- Boron transport in plants: co-ordinated regulation of transportersKyoko Miwa
Creative Research Initiative Sousei, Hokkaido University, Kita ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido 001 0021, Japan
Ann Bot 105:1103-8. 2010The essentiality of boron (B) for plant growth was established > 85 years ago...
- Cell-type specificity of the expression of Os BOR1, a rice efflux boron transporter gene, is regulated in response to boron availability for efficient boron uptake and xylem loadingYuko Nakagawa
Biotechnology Research Center, University of Tokyo, Yayoi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8657, Japan
Plant Cell 19:2624-35. 2007We describe a boron (B) transporter, Os BOR1, in rice (Oryza sativa)...
- Boron neutron capture therapy for glioblastoma multiforme: clinical studies in SwedenJacek Capala
Studsvik Medical AB, Nykoping, Sweden
J Neurooncol 62:135-44. 2003A boron neutron capture therapy (BNCT) facility has been constructed at Studsvik, Sweden. It includes two filter/moderator configurations...
- VvBOR1, the grapevine ortholog of AtBOR1, encodes an efflux boron transporter that is differentially expressed throughout reproductive development of Vitis vinifera LRamón Perez-Castro
Instituto de Biologia Vegetal y Biotecnologia, Universidad de Talca, Talca, Chile
Plant Cell Physiol 53:485-94. 2012b>Boron (B) is an essential micronutrient for normal development of roots, shoots and reproductive tissues in plants...
- Antagonistic actions of boron against inhibitory effects of aluminum toxicity on growth, CO2 assimilation, ribulose-1,5-bisphosphate carboxylase/oxygenase, and photosynthetic electron transport probed by the JIP-test, of Citrus grandis seedlingsHuan Xin Jiang
Institute of Horticultural Plant Physiology, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Fujian Agriculture and Forestry University, Fuzhou 350002, PR China
BMC Plant Biol 9:102. 2009Little information is available on the amelioration of boron (B) on aluminum (Al)-induced photosynthesis inhibition. Sour pummelo (Citrus grandis) seedlings were irrigated for 18 weeks with nutrient solution containing 4 B levels (2...
- Identification of a novel system for boron transport: Atr1 is a main boron exporter in yeastAlaattin Kaya
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Izmir Institute of Technology, 35430 Urla, Izmir, Turkey
Mol Cell Biol 29:3665-74. 2009b>Boron is a micronutrient in plants and animals, but its specific roles in cellular processes are not known...
- Properties of hybridized DNA arrays on single-crystalline undoped and boron-doped (100) diamonds studied by atomic force microscopy in electrolytesBohuslav Rezek
Diamond Research Center, AIST, Central 2, Tsukuba 305 8568, Japan
Langmuir 23:7626-33. 2007Properties of hybridized deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) arrays on single-crystalline undoped and boron-doped diamonds are studied at the microscopic level by atomic force microscopy (AFM) in buffered electrolytic solutions...
- Roles of BOR1, DUR3, and FPS1 in boron transport and tolerance in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeAkira Nozawa
Precursory Research for Embryonic Science and Technology, Saitama, Japan
FEMS Microbiol Lett 262:216-22. 2006The roles of three membrane proteins, BOR1, DUR3, and FPS1, in boron (B) transport in yeast were examined...
- Increased abundance of proteins involved in phytosiderophore production in boron-tolerant barleyJohn Patterson
Australian Centre for Plant Functional Genomics, School of Botany, University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Plant Physiol 144:1612-31. 2007b>Boron (B) phytotoxicity affects cereal-growing regions worldwide. Although B-tolerant barley (Hordeum vulgare) germplasm is available, molecules responsible for this tolerance mechanism have not been defined...
- High boron-induced ubiquitination regulates vacuolar sorting of the BOR1 borate transporter in Arabidopsis thalianaKoji Kasai
Biotechnology Research Center, University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 8657, Japan
J Biol Chem 286:6175-83. 2011b>Boron homeostasis is important for plants, as boron is essential but is toxic in excess...
- Selection of salt and boron tolerant selenium hyperaccumulator Stanleya pinnata genotypes and characterization of Se phytoremediation from agricultural drainage sedimentsJohn L Freeman
Agricultural Research Service, US Department of Agriculture, Parlier, California 93648, United States
Environ Sci Technol 45:9703-10. 2011Genetic variation in salt (Na(2)SO(4), NaCl) and boron (B) tolerance among four ecotypes of the selenium (Se) hyperaccumulator Stanleya pinnata (Pursh) Britton was utilized to select tolerant genotypes capable of phytoremediating Se from ..
- Selectively induced death of macrophages in the synovial lining of murine knee joints using 10B-liposomes and boron neutron capture synovectomyPeter L E M van Lent
Department of Rheumatology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Int J Radiat Biol 85:860-71. 2009..whether macrophages in the synovial lining can be selectively eliminated by local administration of an improved boron-10 ((10)B) containing liposome formulation combined with neutron irradiation (boron neutron capture synovectomy [..
- Transcriptome-wide identification of R2R3-MYB transcription factors in barley with their boron responsive expression analysisHuseyin Tombuloglu
Department of Biology, Faculty of Arts and Science, Fatih University, Buyukcekmece, Istanbul, Turkey
Mol Genet Genomics 288:141-55. 2013..the identification of barley R2R3-MYB TFs including their expression analysis in tissues under control and Boron (B) toxic conditions...
- Boron uptake in normal melanocytes and melanoma cells and boron biodistribution study in mice bearing B16F10 melanoma for boron neutron capture therapyFernanda Faião-Flores
Laboratory of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Butantan Institute, 1500 Vital Brasil Avenue, Sao Paulo, SP 05503 900, Brazil
Radiat Environ Biophys 51:319-29. 2012Information on (10)B distribution in normal tissues is crucial to any further development of boron neutron capture therapy (BNCT)...
- Boron deficiency results in induction of pathogenesis-related proteins from the PR-10 family during the legume-rhizobia interactionMaría Reguera
Departamento de Biologia, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Darwin 2, 28049 Madrid, Spain
J Plant Physiol 167:625-32. 2010b>Boron (B) deficiency has a strong effect on molecular and cellular plant-bacteria interactions during the development of the legume-rhizobia symbiosis, leading to reduced infection and early necrosis of nodules, resembling a pathogenic-..
- Boron nutrition of cultured tobacco BY-2 cells. III. Characterization of the boron-rhamnogalacturonan II complex in cells acclimated to low levels of boronT Matoh
Division of Applied Life Sciences, Faculty of Agriculture, Kyoto University, Japan
Plant Cell Physiol 41:363-6. 2000..BY-2 which could propagate at the same rate as the parent cells (1 mg B liter(-1)) under a lower level of boron (0.01 mg B liter(-1)) were obtained. The selected cells had swollen cell walls...
- In vitro induction of matrix metalloproteinase-2 and matrix metalloproteinase-9 expression in keratinocytes by boron and manganeseNathalie Chebassier
Department of Dermatology, INSERM U463, CHU Hotel Dieu, Nantes, France
Exp Dermatol 13:484-90. 2004..Some thermal waters are rich in trace elements such as boron and manganese...
- Boron concentrations in milk from mothers of full-term and premature infantsCurtiss D Hunt
US Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Grand Forks Human Nutrition Research Center, Grand Forks, ND, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 80:1327-33. 2004b>Boron is a bioactive element that satisfies several of the criteria for essentiality in humans.
- Quantitative imaging and microlocalization of boron-10 in brain tumors and infiltrating tumor cells by SIMS ion microscopy: relevance to neutron capture therapyD R Smith
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Cancer Res 61:8179-87. 2001b>Boron neutron capture therapy (BNCT) is dependent on the selective accumulation of boron-10 in tumor cells relative to the contiguous normal cells...
- Enantioselective synthesis of homoallylic amines through reactions of (pinacolato)allylborons with aryl-, heteroaryl-, alkyl-, or alkene-substituted aldimines catalyzed by chiral C1-symmetric NHC-Cu complexesErika M Vieira
Department of Chemistry, Merkert Chemistry Center, Boston College, Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts 02467, United States
J Am Chem Soc 133:3332-5. 2011..5:1.5 enantiomeric ratio and are amenable to gram-scale operations. A mechanistic model accounting for the observed selectivity levels and trends is proposed...
- Assessment of the results from the phase I/II boron neutron capture therapy trials at the Brookhaven National Laboratory from a clinician's point of viewAidnag Z Diaz
Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
J Neurooncol 62:101-9. 2003b>Boron neutron capture therapy (BNCT) represents a promising modality for a relatively selective radiation dose delivery to the tumor tissue...
- Degradation of Acid Orange 7 by electrochemically generated (*)OH radicals in acidic aqueous medium using a boron-doped diamond or platinum anode: a mechanistic studySamiha Hammami
Universite Paris Est, Laboratoire des Géomatériaux et Géologie de l Ingénieur, Bat IFI, 5 Boulevard Descartes, 77454 Marne la Vallee Cedex 2, France
Chemosphere 73:678-84. 2008..0 by electro-Fenton process using Pt or boron-doped diamond (BDD) anode was reported...
- Assessment of the potential of a boron-fructose additive in counteracting the toxic effect of Fusarium mycotoxinsIonelia Taranu
INCDBNA, National Institute of Research and Development for Biology and Animal Nutrition, 1, Calea Bucuresti, 077015 Balotesti, Romania
Br J Nutr 106:398-407. 2011..However, consumption of CFrB did not counteract the effect of mycotoxins on biochemistry parameters, and increased plasma IgM and IgG of contaminated pigs...
- Boron-dependent degradation of NIP5;1 mRNA for acclimation to excess boron conditions in ArabidopsisMayuki Tanaka
Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Science, University of Tokyo, Yayoi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8657, Japan
Plant Cell 23:3547-59. 2011b>Boron (B) is an essential plant micronutrient that is toxic at higher levels. NIP5;1 is a boric acid channel required for B uptake and growth under B deficiency...
- Boron and fish oil have different beneficial effects on strength and trabecular microarchitecture of boneForrest H Nielsen
US Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Grand Forks Human Nutrition Research Center, 2420 2nd Avenue North, Stop 9034, Grand Forks, ND 58202 9034, USA
J Trace Elem Med Biol 23:195-203. 2009An experiment was performed to determine whether boron deprivation would adversely affect vertebra (trabecular) bone microarchitecture, and whether any adverse effect would be modified by dietary fatty acid composition...
- Palladium-catalyzed, stereoselective, cyclizative alkenylboration of carbon-carbon double bonds through activation of a boron-chlorine bondMasaki Daini
Department of Synthetic Chemistry and Biological Chemistry, Graduate School of Engineering, Kyoto University, Katsura, Kyoto 615 8510, Japan
J Am Chem Soc 133:4758-61. 2011..Cross-coupling of the resultant products with aryl iodides proceeds with retention of configuration at the boron-bound secondary carbon atom.
- The aromatic/arginine selectivity filter of NIP aquaporins plays a critical role in substrate selectivity for silicon, boron, and arsenicNamiki Mitani-Ueno
Institute of Plant Science and Resources, Okayama University, Chuo 2 20 1, Kurashiki 710 0046, Japan
J Exp Bot 62:4391-8. 2011..The results reveal that the residue at the H5 position of the ar/R filter of both OsLsi1 and AtNIP5;1 plays a key role in the permeability to Si and B, but there is a relatively low selectivity for arsenite...
- Boron neutron capture therapy of brain tumors: clinical trials at the finnish facility using boronophenylalanineHeikki Joensuu
Department of Oncology, University of Helsinki, Finland
J Neurooncol 62:123-34. 2003Two clinical trials are currently running at the Finnish dedicated boron neutron capture therapy (BNCT) facility...
- Effects of boron and calcium supplementation on mechanical properties of bone in ratsMohammad Reza Naghii
Department of Nutrition, Faculty of Health, Baqiyatallah a s University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Biofactors 28:195-201. 2006The objective of this study was to consider the effects of boron (B) and calcium (Ca) supplementation on mechanical properties of bone tissues and mineral content of the selected bones in rats.
- Boron concentrations in milk from mothers of exclusively breast-fed healthy full-term infants are stable during the first four months of lactationCurtiss D Hunt
U S Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Grand Forks Human Nutrition Research Center, Grand Forks, ND, USA
J Nutr 135:2383-6. 2005Because boron is a bioactive element that satisfies several of the criteria for essentiality in humans, the aim of the present work was to determine the profile of boron metabolism in human milk during the first 4 mo of lactation...
- Identification of boron transporter genes likely to be responsible for tolerance to boron toxicity in wheat and barleyRob Reid
School of Earth and Environmental Sciences, University of Adelaide, Adelaide 5005, Australia
Plant Cell Physiol 48:1673-8. 2007Tolerance to boron (B) toxicity in cereals is known to be associated with reduced tissue accumulation of B...
- Overexpression of the tonoplast aquaporin AtTIP5;1 conferred tolerance to boron toxicity in ArabidopsisYongqi Pang
State Key Laboratory of Plant Physiology and Biochemistry, College of Biological Sciences, China Agricultural University, Beijing, China
J Genet Genomics 37:389-97, 1-2. 2010b>Boron (B) toxicity to plants is responsible for low crop productivity in many regions of the world. Here we report a novel and effective means to alleviate the B toxicity to plants under high B circumstance...
- Germanium does not substitute for boron in cross-linking of rhamnogalacturonan II in pumpkin cell wallsTadashi Ishii
National Agricultural Research Center for Kyushu Okinawa Region, Nishigoshi, Kumamoto 861 1192, Japan
Plant Physiol 130:1967-73. 2002b>Boron (B)-deficient pumpkin (Cucurbita moschata Duchesne) plants exhibit reduced growth, and their tissues are brittle...
- Boron and other elements in sporophores of ectomycorrhizal and saprotrophic fungiAnu Lavola
University of Eastern Finland, School of Forest Sciences, P O Box 111, 80101 Joensuu, Finland
Mycorrhiza 21:155-65. 2011Fungi are usually thought not to have a boron (B) requirement. It is not known if mycorrhizas take up B from low concentrations that are common in forest soils, as fungi might also immobilise B...
- Analysis of boron content in frequently consumed foods in KoreaMi Kyeong Choi
Department of Human Nutrition and Food Science, Chungwoon University, Chungnam 350 701, South Korea
Biol Trace Elem Res 126:13-26. 2008This study analyzed boron content in commonly consumed foods by Koreans. Boron content was analyzed on 299 different foods using inductively coupled plasma atomic emission spectroscopy...
- Evaluation of the genotoxic effects of the boron neutron capture reaction in human melanoma cells using the cytokinesis block micronucleus assayN G Oliveira
Department of Genetics, Faculty of Medical Sciences, New University of Lisbon, Portugal
Mutagenesis 16:369-75. 2001The present work reports on the genotoxicity of the boron neutron capture (BNC) reaction in human metastatic melanoma cells (A2058) assessed by the cytokinesis block micronucleus assay (CBMN) using p-borono-L-phenylalanine (BPA) as the ..
- Morphology and oxidative physiology of boron-deficient mulberry plantsRajesh Kumar Tewari
Department of Botany, University of Lucknow, Lucknow 226007, India
Tree Physiol 30:68-77. 2010..11.1.11) were increased in B-deficient leaves. The activities of SOD and POD were decreased in B-supraoptimal plants. The results suggest that B deficiency aggravates oxidative stress through enhanced generation of ROS in mulberry plants...
- Involvement of auxin and CKs in boron deficiency induced changes in apical dominance of pea plants (Pisum sativum L.)Guoying Wang
Department of Plant Nutrition, China Agricultural University, 100094 Beijing, China
J Plant Physiol 163:591-600. 2006It has previously been shown that boron (B) deficiency inhibits growth of the plant apex, which consequently results in a relatively weak apical dominance, and a subsequent sprouting of lateral buds...
- Probing properties of boron alpha-tubes by Ab Initio calculationsAbhishek K Singh
Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science and Department of Chemistry, Rice University, Houston, Texas 77005, USA
Nano Lett 8:1314-7. 2008We investigate the properties of nanotubes obtained from recently described boron alpha-sheet, using density functional theory. Computations confirm their high stability and identify mechanical stiffness parameters...
- Salt stress aggravates boron toxicity symptoms in banana leaves by impairing guttationO R Shapira
The Robert H Smith Institute of Plant Sciences and Genetics in Agriculture, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Plant Cell Environ 36:275-87. 2013b>Boron (B) is known to accumulate in the leaf margins of different plant species, arguably a passive consequence of enhanced transpiration at the ends of the vascular system...
- Boron analysis and boron imaging in biological materials for Boron Neutron Capture Therapy (BNCT)Andrea Wittig
Department of Radiation Oncology, University Duisburg Essen, University Hospital Essen, Hufelandstrasse 55, 45122 Essen, Germany
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 68:66-90. 2008b>Boron Neutron Capture Therapy (BNCT) is based on the ability of the stable isotope 10B to capture neutrons, which leads to a nuclear reaction producing an alpha- and a 7Li-particle, both having a high biological effectiveness and a very ..
- Dose and time dependent apoptotic response in a human melanoma cell line exposed to accelerated boron ions at four different LETA E Meijer
Department of Oncology Pathology, Division of Medical Radiation Physics, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Int J Radiat Biol 81:261-72. 2005..LET), dose and time on the induction of apoptosis in a human melanoma cell line exposed to accelerated light boron ((10)B) ions and photons...
- Chimaereicella boritolerans sp. nov., a boron-tolerant and alkaliphilic bacterium of the family Flavobacteriaceae isolated from soilIftikhar Ahmed
Biotechnology Research Center, University of Tokyo, Yayoi 1 1 1, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8657, Japan
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 57:986-92. 2007A non-motile, Gram-negative, boron-tolerant and alkaliphilic bacterium was isolated from soil of the Hisarcik area in the Kutahya Province of Turkey that was naturally high in boron minerals...
- Proteomic alterations of Brassica napus root in response to boron deficiencyZhifang Wang
National Key Laboratory of Crop Genetic Improvement, Huazhong Agricultural University, 430070 Wuhan, China
Plant Mol Biol 74:265-78. 2010b>Boron (B) deficiency is a worldwide problem, and Brassica napus is one of the most sensitive crops to B deficiency...
- Biological evaluation of boronated unnatural amino acids as new boron carriersG W Kabalka
Departments of Radiology and Chemistry, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN, USA
Appl Radiat Isot 67:S374-9. 2009There is a pressing need for new and more efficient boron delivery agents to tumor cells for use in boron neutron capture therapy (BNCT)...
- Boron deficiency and transcript level changesJuan J Camacho-Cristóbal
Departamento de Fisiologia, Anatomía y Biología Celular, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, E 41013 Sevilla, Spain
Plant Sci 181:85-9. 2011b>Boron (B) is an essential element for plant growth whose deficiency causes an alteration in the expression of a wide range of genes involved in several physiological processes...
- Enhanced growth and osteogenic differentiation of human osteoblast-like cells on boron-doped nanocrystalline diamond thin filmsLubica Grausova
Institute of Physiology, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Prague, Czech Republic
PLoS ONE 6:e20943. 2011..the NCD films were deposited on silicon substrates by a microwave plasma-enhanced CVD process and their boron doping was achieved by adding trimethylboron to the CH(4):H(2) gas mixture, the B∶C ratio was 133, 1000 and 6700 ..
- A serendipitous phosphonocarboxylate complex of boron: when vessel becomes reagentKatarzyna M Błazewska
Department of Chemistry, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089 0744, USA
Chem Commun (Camb) 47:6395-7. 2011..drug minodronate (4) in contact with borosilicate glassware reversibly forms an isolable dimer complex of boron, as revealed by the X-ray crystallographic structure of the (R,R/S,S) complex and supported by NMR and HRMS data.
- Ultrasensitive microchip sensor based on boron-containing polyfluorene nanofilmsCelso Ribeiro
Centro de Investigação em Física Tecnológica, Physics Department, FCT UNL, 2829 516, Caparica, Portugal celso
Biosens Bioelectron 26:1662-5. 2010..Changes in the conductivity due to the boron-fluoride complex formation seem to be the major mechanism behind the dependence of impedimetric results on the ..
- Assessment of genotoxic effects of boron on wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) and bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) by using RAPD analysisGuzin Kekec
Department of Biology, Fatih University, 34500 Istanbul, Turkey
Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 84:759-64. 2010In boron-rich soils of Turkey, boron tolerant wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) and sensitive bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) are most widely cultivated crops...
- The effects of boron administration on plasma leptin and lactate levels in ovariectomized rats which had acute swimming exerciseZubeyde Yazici
Department of Physical Education and Sports Sciences, Selcuk University, Konya Turkey, Turkey
Neuro Endocrinol Lett 29:173-7. 2008The aim of this study was to investigate the effects of intraperitoneal (IP) boron administration on leptin and lactate levels in swimming exercise in ovariectomized rats.
- Identification of a novel boron-containing antibacterial agent (AN0128) with anti-inflammatory activity, for the potential treatment of cutaneous diseasesStephen J Baker
Anacor Pharmaceuticals, Inc, 1060 E Meadow Circle, Palo Alto, CA 94303, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 16:5963-7. 2006..This compound is now in clinical development for dermatological conditions...
- Amperometric biosensor based on tyrosinase immobilized on a boron-doped diamond electrodeYan Li Zhou
Laboratory of Photoelectro Chemistry, Technical Institute of Physics and Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Zhong Guan Cun, Haidian District, Beijing 100080, People s Republic of China
Biosens Bioelectron 22:822-8. 2007A novel method has been developed to immobilize tyrosinase onto the surface of boron-doped diamond (BDD) electrode...
- Dissecting quantitative trait loci for boron efficiency across multiple environments in Brassica napusZunkang Zhao
National Key Laboratory of Crop Genetic Improvement, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan, Hubei, China
PLoS ONE 7:e45215. 2012High yield is the most important goal in crop breeding, and boron (B) is an essential micronutrient for plants. However, B deficiency, leading to yield decreases, is an agricultural problem worldwide...
- Carborane derivatives loaded into liposomes as efficient delivery systems for boron neutron capture therapyS Altieri
Department of Nuclear and Theoretical Physics, University of Pavia and INFN, Pavia, Italy
J Med Chem 52:7829-35. 2009b>Boron neutron capture therapy (BNCT) is an anticancer therapy based on the incorporation of (10)B in tumors, followed by neutron irradiation...
- Condensin II alleviates DNA damage and is essential for tolerance of boron overload stress in ArabidopsisTakuya Sakamoto
Department of Applied Biological Chemistry, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8657, Japan
Plant Cell 23:3533-46. 2011Although excess boron (B) is known to negatively affect plant growth, its molecular mechanism of toxicity is unknown. We previously isolated two Arabidopsis thaliana mutants, hypersensitive to excess B (heb1-1 and heb2-1)...
- Metabolic analysis revealed altered amino acid profiles in Lupinus albus organs as a result of boron deficiencyMarta Alves
Instituto de Tecnologia Quimica e Biologica, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Av da Republica, Oeiras, Portugal
Physiol Plant 142:224-32. 2011..So our results bring new information concerning the effects of B deficiency in the metabolism of the several L. albus organs...
- Plants tolerant of high boron levelsKyoko Miwa
Biotechnology Research Center, University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 8657, Japan
Science 318:1417. 2007Reduced crop productivity due to soils containing toxic levels of boron (B) is a worldwide problem in food production. It is estimated that up to 17% of the barley yield losses in southern Australia are caused by B toxicity...
- Suitability of boron carriers for BNCT: accumulation of boron in malignant and normal liver cells after treatment with BPA, BSH and BAF I Chou
Nuclear Science and Technology Development Center, National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan, ROC
Appl Radiat Isot 67:S105-8. 2009..Therefore, boron neutron capture therapy (BNCT) may provide an alternative therapy for treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma...
- Genome-wide identification of genes that play a role in boron stress response in yeastIrem Uluisik
Izmir Institute of Technology, Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, 35430 Urla, Izmir, Turkey
Genomics 97:106-11. 2011b>Boron is an essential micronutrient for plants and it is either necessary or beneficial for animals...
- Diamond and biologyChristoph E Nebel
Diamond Research Center, AIST, Central 2, Tsukuba, Japan
J R Soc Interface 4:439-61. 2007..This leads to the formation of typically 25 A thick layers. The electrochemical bonding to boron-doped diamond works on H-terminated and oxidized surfaces...
- Boron in plants: deficiency and toxicityJuan J Camacho-Cristóbal
Departamento de Fisiologia, Anatomía y Biología Celular, Facultad de Ciencias Experimentales, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, E 41013 Sevilla, Spain
J Integr Plant Biol 50:1247-55. 2008b>Boron (B) is an essential nutrient for normal growth of higher plants, and B availability in soil and irrigation water is an important determinant of agricultural production...
- Quantitative evaluation of boron-induced disorder in multilayers containing silicon nanocrystals in an oxide matrix designed for photovoltaic applicationsG Zatryb
Institute of Physics, Wroclaw University of Technology, Wybrzeze Wyspianskiego 27, 50 370 Wroclaw, Poland
Opt Express 18:22004-9. 2010The effect of doping by boron on optical properties of multilayers containing Si-NCs were studied by means of photoluminescence (PL), time-resolved PL, photoluminescence excitation (PLE), transmission and reflection measurements...
- Oxidative stress and antioxidants in tomato (Solanum lycopersicum) plants subjected to boron toxicityLuis M Cervilla
Department of Plant Physiology, Faculty of Sciences, University of Granada, 18071 Granada, Spain
Ann Bot 100:747-56. 2007b>Boron (B) toxicity triggers the formation of reactive oxygen species in plant tissues. However, there is still a lack of knowledge as to how B toxicity affects the plant antioxidant defence system...
- A novel carborane analog, BE360, with a carbon-containing polyhedral boron-cluster is a new selective estrogen receptor modulator for boneMichiko Hirata
Department of Biotechnology and Life Science, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, 2 24 16 Nakamachi, Koganei, Tokyo 184 8588, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 380:218-22. 2009Carboranes are a class of carbon-containing polyhedral boron-cluster compounds with globular geometry and hydrophobic surface that interact with hormone receptors...
- Neutron autoradiography imaging of selective boron uptake in human metastatic tumoursS Altieri
Department of Nuclear and Theoretical Physics, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
Appl Radiat Isot 66:1850-5. 2008The ability to selectively hit the tumour cells is an essential characteristic of an anti-tumour therapy. In boron neutron capture therapy (BNCT) this characteristic is based on the selective uptake of (10)B in the tumour cells with ..
- Simultaneous square-wave voltammetric determination of aspartame and cyclamate using a boron-doped diamond electrodeRoberta Antigo Medeiros
Departamento de Quimica, Universidade Federal de Sao Carlos, C P 676, 13560 970 Sao Carlos, SP, Brazil
Talanta 76:685-9. 2008..method was developed for the simultaneous determination of aspartame and cyclamate in dietary products at a boron-doped diamond (BDD) electrode...
- Rhodococcus baikonurensis BTM4c, a boron-tolerant actinobacterial strain isolated from soilJaewoo Yoon
Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biosciences, The University of Tokyo, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 74:178-81. 2010By screening a bacterial population from the soil in Tokyo, Japan, we isolated a boron-tolerant bacterium, strain BTM4c. Strain BTM4c grew under the boron excess conditions with 100 mM boric acid, which is generally toxic to bacteria...
- Electrochemical analysis of chloramphenicol using boron-doped diamond electrode applied to a flow-injection systemSuchada Chuanuwatanakul
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
Anal Sci 24:493-8. 2008The electrochemical properties of chloramphenicol at a boron-doped diamond thin-film (BDD) electrode were studied using cyclic voltammetry. The highest current response of chloramphenicol was obtained with phosphate buffer, pH 6 (0...
- Inhibitory effect of boron against Botrytis cinerea on table grapes and its possible mechanisms of actionGuozheng Qin
Research Center for Molecular and Developmental Biology, Institute of Botany, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
Int J Food Microbiol 138:145-50. 2010b>Boron, an essential plant micronutrient, was effective in the form of potassium tetraborate for control of postharvest gray mold caused by Botrytis cinerea on table grapes stored at room temperature or at 0 degrees C...
- Dietary boron and hormone replacement therapy as risk factors for lung cancer in womenS Mahabir
Department of Epidemiology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Am J Epidemiol 167:1070-80. 2008Hormone replacement therapy (HRT) may reduce lung cancer risk. Dietary boron may have actions similar to those of HRT; however, no previous study has reported the associations between dietary boron intake and lung cancer risk or the ..
- Polar localization and degradation of Arabidopsis boron transporters through distinct trafficking pathwaysJunpei Takano
Division of Applied Bioscience, Graduate School of Agriculture, Hokkaido University, Sapporo 060 8589, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:5220-5. 2010b>Boron (B) is essential for plant growth but is toxic when present in excess...
- Boron neutron capture therapy for glioblastomaTetsuya Yamamoto
Department of Neurosurgery, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tsukuba, Tenno dai 1 1 1, Tsukuba City, Ibaraki 305 8575, Japan
Cancer Lett 262:143-52. 2008b>Boron neutron capture therapy (BNCT) theoretically allows the preferential destruction of tumor cells while sparing the normal tissue, even if the cells have microscopically spread to the surrounding normal brain...
- Boron toxicity is alleviated by hydrogen sulfide in cucumber (Cucumis sativus L.) seedlingsBao Lan Wang
State Key Laboratory of Vegetation and Environmental Change, Institute of Botany, The Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100093, People s Republic of China
Planta 231:1301-9. 2010b>Boron (B) is an essential micronutrient for plants, which when occurs in excess in the growth medium, becomes toxic to plants. Rapid inhibition of root elongation is one of the most distinct symptoms of B toxicity...
- Physiological roles and transport mechanisms of boron: perspectives from plantsMayuki Tanaka
Biotechnology Research Center, The University of Tokyo, Yayoi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
Pflugers Arch 456:671-7. 2008b>Boron, an orphan of the periodic table of the elements, is unique not only in its chemical properties but also in its roles in biology. Its requirement in plants was described more than 80 years ago...
- Boron toxicity tolerance in barley through reduced expression of the multifunctional aquaporin HvNIP2;1Thorsten Schnurbusch
Australian Centre for Plant Functional Genomics, University of Adelaide, Waite Campus, Urrbrae, South Australia 5064, Australia
Plant Physiol 153:1706-15. 2010b>Boron (B) toxicity is a significant limitation to cereal crop production in a number of regions worldwide...
- Estimation of human daily boron exposure in a boron-rich areaMehmet Korkmaz
Department of Medical Biology, Faculty of Medicine, Yuzuncu Yil University, 65200 Van, Turkey
Br J Nutr 98:571-5. 2007Although, the safe limits of human daily boron (B) exposure are not absolutely clear, there is a growing interest in B and its effects on human health...
- Why boron?Luis Bolaños
Departamento de Biologia, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, 28049 Madrid, Spain
Plant Physiol Biochem 42:907-12. 2004It is now more than 80 years since boron was convincingly demonstrated to be essential for normal growth of higher plants. However, its biochemical role is not well understood at the moment...
- 3D-QSAR studies of boron-containing dipeptides as proteasome inhibitors with CoMFA and CoMSIA methodsYong Qiang Zhu
Jiangsu Simcere Pharmaceutical Research Institute, No 699 18 Xuan Wu Avenue, Xuan Wu District, Nanjing 210042, PR China
Eur J Med Chem 44:1486-99. 2009....
- Boron-containing aptamers to ATPSusan M Lato
Department of Chemistry, Indiana University, 800 East Kirkwood, Bloomington, IN 47405 7102, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 30:1401-7. 2002b>Boron neutron capture therapy (BNCT), an experimental treatment for certain cancers, destroys only cells near the boron; however, there is a need to develop highly specific delivery agents...
- Boron nutrition of cultured tobacco BY-2 cells. IV. Genes induced under low boron supplyMasaru Kobayashi
Laboratory of Plant Nutrition, Division of Applied Life Sciences, Graduate School of Agriculture, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8502, Japan
J Exp Bot 55:1441-3. 2004Genes whose expression was up-regulated in low boron (B)-acclimated tobacco BY-2 (Nicotiana tabacum L. cv. Bright Yellow 2) cells, which had been selected under a low supply of B, were screened by the cDNA differential subtraction method...
- In vitro and in vivo photocytotoxicity of boron dipyrromethene derivatives for photodynamic therapySiang Hui Lim
Cancer Research Initiatives Foundation, Sime Darby Medical Centre, 47500 Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
J Med Chem 53:2865-74. 2010To understand the effects of substitution patterns on photosensitizing the ability of boron dipyrromethene (BODIPY), two structural variations that either investigate the effectiveness of various iodinated derivatives to maximize the "..
- Intracellular targeting of sodium mercaptoundecahydrododecaborate (BSH) to solid tumors by transferrin-PEG liposomes, for boron neutron-capture therapy (BNCT)Kazuo Maruyama
Department of Pharmaceutics, Teikyo University, Sagamiko, Kanagawa 199 0195, Japan
J Control Release 98:195-207. 2004The successful treatment of cancer by boron neutron-capture therapy (BNCT) requires the selective delivery of relatively high concentration of 10B compounds to malignant tumor tissue...
- Kinetic analysis of boron transport in CharaJ C Stangoulis
University of Adelaide, Department of Plant Science, SA, Australia
Planta 213:142-6. 2001..Esk. R.D. Wood). The advantage of this system is that it is possible to distinguish between membrane transport of boron (B) and complexing of B by plant cell walls...
- Toxicity of boron to rainbow trout: a weight-of-the-evidence assessmentG Loewengart
Toxicology and Risk Assessment Associates, Mt Arlington, New Jersey 07856, USA
Environ Toxicol Chem 20:796-803. 2001From the large data set available on the toxicity of boron to aquatic organisms, the toxicity of boron to the early life stages of rainbow trout (Oncorhyncus mykiss) is the seminal issue relative to setting water quality criteria and ..
- Boron binding by a siderophore isolated from marine bacteria associated with the toxic dinoflagellate Gymnodinium catenatumShady A Amin
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, San Diego State University, San Diego, California 92182 1030, USA
J Am Chem Soc 129:478-9. 2007
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae Bor1p is a boron exporter and a key determinant of boron toleranceJunpei Takano
Biotechnology Research Center, University of Tokyo, Yayoi, Tokyo, Japan
FEMS Microbiol Lett 267:230-5. 2007b>Boron is toxic to living organisms when present in excess. Saccharomyces cerevisiae Bor1p is a plasma membrane protein that decreases the intracellular concentration of boron and confers boron tolerance in yeasts...
- Electrochemical oxidation of benzene on boron-doped diamond electrodesRobson T S Oliveira
GMEME Instituto de Química de São Carlos, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Caixa Postal 780, 13566 590 Sao Carlos, SP, Brazil
Chemosphere 66:2152-8. 2007This work presents an electrochemical investigation of the benzene oxidation process in aqueous solution on boron-doped diamond (BDD) electrodes...
- The effect of pregnancy on renal clearance of boron in humans: a study based on normal dietary intake of boronM V Pahl
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Department of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, California 92697, USA
Toxicol Sci 60:252-6. 2001b>Boron occurs most frequently in nature as borates and boric acid, never as the free element. Its largest uses are in glass, detergents, and agriculture...
- An investigation of boron toxicity in barley using metabolomicsUte Roessner
Australian Centre for Plant Functional Genomics, School of Botany, University of Melbourne, Victoria 3010, Australia
Plant Physiol 142:1087-101. 2006b>Boron (B) is an essential micronutrient that affects plant growth at either deficient or toxic concentrations in soil...
- Use of phenylboronic acids to investigate boron function in plants. Possible role of boron in transvacuolar cytoplasmic strands and cell-to-wall adhesionElias Bassil
Pomology Department, University of California, Davis, California 95616, USA
Plant Physiol 136:3383-95. 2004The only defined physiological role of boron in plants is as a cross-linking molecule involving reversible covalent bonds with cis-diols on either side of borate...
- Boron intake and prostate cancer riskAlejandro Gonzalez
Cancer Prevention Pragram, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
Cancer Causes Control 18:1131-40. 2007Experimental studies suggest that boron may prevent prostate cancer...
- Catalytic C-H Activation and Boronic Acid SynthesisMilton Smith; Fiscal Year: 2004..There are presently commercialized sensing applications based on boronic acids and boron compounds have interesting activities for protease inhibition and for treating gliboplastoma via boron neutron ..
- Boronated nucleosides for neutron capture therapy of brain tumorsWerner Tjarks; Fiscal Year: 2010..Therefore, the further development of novel treatment modalities for GBM, such as boron neutron capture therapy (BNCT), remains a pressing task for the health science community in the USA...
- TUMOR-TARGETING WITH NEW BORONATED PORPHYRINSMARIA DA GRACA VICENTE; Fiscal Year: 2009This proposal addresses the need for the development of efficient boron delivery agents for application in a new treatment modality for intractable brain tumors and other malignancies, boron neutron capture therapy (BNCT)...
- TUMOR-TARGETING WITH NEW BORONATED PORPHYRINSMARIA DA GRACA HENRIQUES VICENTE; Fiscal Year: 2010This proposal addresses the need for the development of efficient boron delivery agents for application in a new treatment modality for intractable brain tumors and other malignancies, boron neutron capture therapy (BNCT)...
- TUMOR-TARGETING WITH NEW BORONATED PORPHYRINSMARIA DA GRACA VICENTE; Fiscal Year: 2006..We propose to synthesize and characterize new non-toxic boron containing porphyrins that selectively localize within tumors and which may be used for boron neutron capture ..
- Boronated nucleosides for neutron capture therapy of brain tumorsWerner Tjarks; Fiscal Year: 2011..Therefore, the further development of novel treatment modalities for GBM, such as boron neutron capture therapy (BNCT), remains a pressing task for the health science community in the USA...
- An Epithermal Neutron Source for Cancer TherapyMELVIN PIESTRUP; Fiscal Year: 2006We propose to develop a commercial neutron source for the treatment of brain and liver cancer based on boron neutron capture therapy (BNCT)...
- SUPERHEATED DROP DETECTORS FOR DOSIMETRY IN RADIOTHERAPYRavinder Nath; Fiscal Year: 2001..particle beams and for the spectrometry of neutron fields created at depth in tissue by x-ray, electron, proton or boron neutron capture therapy beams...
- Phase I / II Trial for Neutron Capture TherapyMatthew Palmer; Fiscal Year: 2002..The starting point will be a volume average brain dose of 7.0 RBE-Gy given in two fractions. Boron-delivery will be through the use of l-p-boronophenylalanine-fructose (BPA-f), 14 grams/meter-squared IV, over 90 ..
- A Phase II Trial for Neutron Capture Therapy in MelanomaPaul Busse; Fiscal Year: 2003..b>Boron-delivery will be through the use of l-p-boronophenylalanine-fructose (BPA-f), 14 grams/meter-squared IV, over 90 ..
- Organotrifluoroborates in Selective Organic SynthesisGary A Molander; Fiscal Year: 2010..as a means to build molecular complexity into the organotrifluoroborates while retaining the valuable carbon-boron bond for further transformations (i.e., using the trifluoroborate as a protected boronic acid)...
- Organotrifluoroborates in Selective Organic SynthesisGary A Molander; Fiscal Year: 2010..as a means to build molecular complexity into the organotrifluoroborates while retaining the valuable carbon-boron bond for further transformations (i.e., using the trifluoroborate as a protected boronic acid)...
- SYNTHESIS AND EVALUATION OF BORONATED FOLATES FOR BNCTWerner Tjarks; Fiscal Year: 2001DESCRIPTION: (Applicant's Abstract) The development of boron compounds for the treatment of squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck (SCCHN) by Boron Neutron Capture Therapy (BNCT) requires the synthesis and evaluation of non-toxic ..
- Neutron Microscope for In-Vivo ImagingJAY CREMER; Fiscal Year: 2005..or cold neutron microscope that we will address in the proposed program is to provide a new imaging modality in boron neutron capture therapy (BNCT) for the treatment of glioblastomas and anaplastic astrocytomas...
- Liposome Delivery of Boron for BNCTM Hawthorne; Fiscal Year: 2007b>Boron neutron capture therapy (BNCT) is a binary radiation treatment for cancer, which requires the initial selective concentration of the boron-10 isotope within the malignant cells under attack...
- Electrophilic Boranes: Directed Hydroboration, Borylation, and Related ReactionsEdwin Vedejs; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed studies will access synthetically important boronates using new procedures for boron activation...
- PROGRAM FOR DEVELOPMENT OF BNCT AGENTSSTEPHEN KAHL; Fiscal Year: 2007..b>Boron neutron capture therapy (BNCT) is a form of targeted radiochemotherapy that has the potential to increase local ..
- PROGRAM FOR DEVELOPMENT OF BNCT AGENTSSTEPHEN KAHL; Fiscal Year: 2004..adapted from applicant's abstract): The long-term goal of this program is the development of tumor seeking boron compounds for use as radiochemotherapeutic agents for boron capture therapy (BNCT) of cancer...