Genomes and Genes
Summary: An inorganic and water-soluble platinum complex. After undergoing hydrolysis, it reacts with DNA to produce both intra and interstrand crosslinks. These crosslinks appear to impair replication and transcription of DNA. The cytotoxicity of cisplatin correlates with cellular arrest in the G2 phase of the cell cycle.
Publications478 found, 100 shown here
- Perioperative chemotherapy versus surgery alone for resectable gastroesophageal cancerDavid Cunningham
Department of Medicine, Royal Marsden Hospital, Sutton, Surrey, United Kingdom
N Engl J Med 355:11-20. 2006A regimen of epirubicin, cisplatin, and infused fluorouracil (ECF) improves survival among patients with incurable locally advanced or metastatic gastric adenocarcinoma...
- Gefitinib versus cisplatin plus docetaxel in patients with non-small-cell lung cancer harbouring mutations of the epidermal growth factor receptor (WJTOG3405): an open label, randomised phase 3 trialTetsuya Mitsudomi
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Aichi Cancer Center Hospital, Chikusa ku, Nagoya, Japan
Lancet Oncol 11:121-8. 2010..However, whether gefitinib is better than standard platinum doublet chemotherapy in patients selected by EGFR mutation is uncertain...
- Comparison of four chemotherapy regimens for advanced non-small-cell lung cancerJoan H Schiller
University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, USA
N Engl J Med 346:92-8. 2002We conducted a randomized study to determine whether any of three chemotherapy regimens was superior to cisplatin and paclitaxel in patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer.
- Cisplatin: mode of cytotoxic action and molecular basis of resistanceZahid H Siddik
Department of Experimental Therapeutics, Unit 104, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030 4009, USA
Oncogene 22:7265-79. 2003b>Cisplatin is one of the most potent antitumor agents known, displaying clinical activity against a wide variety of solid tumors...
- Phase III study comparing cisplatin plus gemcitabine with cisplatin plus pemetrexed in chemotherapy-naive patients with advanced-stage non-small-cell lung cancerGiorgio Vittorio Scagliotti
University of Torino, Department of Clinical and Biological Sciences, S Luigi Hospital, Regione Gonzole, 10, Orbassano Torino, Italy
J Clin Oncol 26:3543-51. 2008b>Cisplatin plus gemcitabine is a standard regimen for first-line treatment of advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC). Phase II studies of pemetrexed plus platinum compounds have also shown activity in this setting.
- MicroRNA expression profiling in human ovarian cancer: miR-214 induces cell survival and cisplatin resistance by targeting PTENHua Yang
Department of Interdisciplinary Oncology, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
Cancer Res 68:425-33. 2008..Significantly, miR-214 induces cell survival and cisplatin resistance through targeting the 3'-untranslated region (UTR) of the PTEN, which leads to down-regulation of ..
- S-1 plus cisplatin versus S-1 alone for first-line treatment of advanced gastric cancer (SPIRITS trial): a phase III trialWasaburo Koizumi
Kitasato University School of Medicine, Sagamihara, Japan
Lancet Oncol 9:215-21. 2008Phase I/II clinical trials of S-1 plus cisplatin for advanced gastric cancer have yielded good responses and the treatment was well tolerated...
- Molecular mechanisms of cisplatin resistanceL Galluzzi
INSERM, U848 Apoptosis, Cancer and Immunity, Villejuif, France
Oncogene 31:1869-83. 2012Platinum-based drugs, and in particular cis-diamminedichloroplatinum(II) (best known as cisplatin), are employed for the treatment of a wide array of solid malignancies, including testicular, ovarian, head and neck, colorectal, bladder ..
- Molecular mechanisms of resistance and toxicity associated with platinating agentsCara A Rabik
Department of Medicine, Committee on Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacogenomics, University of Chicago, 5841 S Maryland Avenue, Box MC2115, Section of Hem Onc, Chicago, IL 60637, United States
Cancer Treat Rev 33:9-23. 2007Platinating agents, including cisplatin, carboplatin, and oxaliplatin, have been used clinically for nearly 30years as part of the treatment of many types of cancers, including head and neck, testicular, ovarian, cervical, lung, ..
- Phase III trial of cisplatin plus gemcitabine with either placebo or bevacizumab as first-line therapy for nonsquamous non-small-cell lung cancer: AVAilMartin Reck
Department of Thoracic Oncology, Hospital Grosshansdorf, Wohrendamm 80, 22927 Grosshansdorf, Germany
J Clin Oncol 27:1227-34. 2009..This randomized phase III trial investigated the efficacy and safety of cisplatin/gemcitabine (CG) plus bevacizumab in this setting.
- Highly tumorigenic lung cancer CD133+ cells display stem-like features and are spared by cisplatin treatmentGiulia Bertolini
Molecular Cytogenetics Unit, Department of Experimental Oncology, Fondazione Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico, Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori, 20133 Milan, Italy
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:16281-6. 2009..b>Cisplatin treatment of lung cancer cells in vitro resulted in enrichment of CD133+ fraction both after acute cytotoxic ..
- Phase III study of pemetrexed in combination with cisplatin versus cisplatin alone in patients with malignant pleural mesotheliomaNicholas J Vogelzang
University of Chicago, Cancer Research Center, 5841 South Maryland Ave, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:2636-44. 2003..We conducted a phase III trial to determine whether treatment with pemetrexed and cisplatin results in survival time superior to that achieved with cisplatin alone.
- Phase III study of afatinib or cisplatin plus pemetrexed in patients with metastatic lung adenocarcinoma with EGFR mutationsLecia V Sequist
Lecia V Sequist, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA James Chih Hsin Yang, National Taiwan University Hospital Chun Ming Tsai, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taipei Wu Chou Su, National Cheng Kung University Hospital, Tainan, Taiwan Nobuyuki Yamamoto, Shizuoka Cancer Center, Shizuoka Terufumi Kato, Kanagawa Cardiovascular and Respiratory Center, Yokohama, Japan Kenneth O Byrne, St James Hospital, Dublin, Ireland Vera Hirsh, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada Tony Mok, Prince of Wales Hospital, Hong Kong, China Sarayut Lucien Geater, Songklanagarind Hospital, Songkla, Thailand Sergey Orlov, Pavlov State Medical University, St Petersburg Vera Gorbunova, GU Russian Oncological Research Centre, Moscow, Russia Michael Boyer, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Camperdown, New South Wales, Australia Jaafar Bennouna, Institut de Cancérologie de l Ouest site René Gauducheau, Nantes, France Ki Hyeong Lee, Chungbuk National University Hospital
J Clin Oncol 31:3327-34. 2013..A phase II study of afatinib in EGFR mutation-positive lung adenocarcinoma demonstrated high response rates and progression-free survival (PFS)...
- DNA repair by ERCC1 in non-small-cell lung cancer and cisplatin-based adjuvant chemotherapyKen A Olaussen
Laboratory of Radiobiology and Oncology, Commissariat a l Energie Atomique, Fontenay aux Roses, University of Paris 11, Paris, France
N Engl J Med 355:983-91. 2006Adjuvant cisplatin-based chemotherapy improves survival among patients with completely resected non-small-cell lung cancer, but there is no validated clinical or biologic predictor of the benefit of chemotherapy.
- Cisplatin plus gemcitabine versus gemcitabine for biliary tract cancerJuan Valle
Christie Hospital, Manchester, United Kingdom
N Engl J Med 362:1273-81. 2010..We initially conducted a randomized, phase 2 study involving 86 patients to compare cisplatin plus gemcitabine with gemcitabine alone...
- Involvement of microRNA-93, a new regulator of PTEN/Akt signaling pathway, in regulation of chemotherapeutic drug cisplatin chemosensitivity in ovarian cancer cellsXin Fu
Department of Gynecology Cancer, Tianjin Medical University Cancer Institute and Hospital, Tianjin, China
FEBS Lett 586:1279-86. 2012The mechanisms underlying ovarian cancer cell resistance to cisplatin (CDDP) are not fully understood. MicroRNAs (miRNAs) play important roles in tumorigenesis and drug resistance...
- Capecitabine and oxaliplatin for advanced esophagogastric cancerDavid Cunningham
Royal Marsden Hospital National Health Service Foundation Trust, Surrey and London, United Kingdom
N Engl J Med 358:36-46. 2008We evaluated capecitabine (an oral fluoropyrimidine) and oxaliplatin (a platinum compound) as alternatives to infused fluorouracil and cisplatin, respectively, for untreated advanced esophagogastric cancer.
- Epithelial to mesenchymal transition contributes to drug resistance in pancreatic cancerThiruvengadam Arumugam
Department of Cancer Biology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer Res 69:5820-8. 2009..chemotherapeutic agents with divergent mechanisms of action [gemcitabine, 5-fluorouracil (5-FU), and cisplatin] in pancreatic cancer cells. Four (L3.6pl, BxPC-3, CFPAC-1, and SU86...
- miR-181a and miR-630 regulate cisplatin-induced cancer cell deathLorenzo Galluzzi
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, U848, Villejuif, France
Cancer Res 70:1793-803. 2010..to identify miRNAs that were upregulated by non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) A549 cells in response to cisplatin (CDDP)...
- Cisplatin-based adjuvant chemotherapy in patients with completely resected non-small-cell lung cancerRodrigo Arriagada
Instituto de Radiomedicina, Santiago, Chile
N Engl J Med 350:351-60. 2004On the basis of a previous meta-analysis, the International Adjuvant Lung Cancer Trial was designed to evaluate the effect of cisplatin-based adjuvant chemotherapy on survival after complete resection of non-small-cell lung cancer.
- Lung adjuvant cisplatin evaluation: a pooled analysis by the LACE Collaborative GroupJean Pierre Pignon
Institut Gustave Roussy, 39 rue Camille Desmoulins, 94805 Villejuif, France
J Clin Oncol 26:3552-9. 2008Several recent trials have shown a significant overall survival (OS) benefit from postoperative cisplatin-based chemotherapy in patients with non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Efficacy of neoadjuvant Cisplatin in triple-negative breast cancerDaniel P Silver
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Department of Medical Oncology, Smith 209, 1 Jimmy Fund Way, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:1145-53. 2010PURPOSE Cisplatin is a chemotherapeutic agent not used routinely for breast cancer treatment. As a DNA cross-linking agent, cisplatin may be effective treatment for hereditary BRCA1-mutated breast cancers...
- Erlotinib in previously treated non-small-cell lung cancerFrances A Shepherd
Department of Medical Oncology, University Health Network, Princess Margaret Hospital Site, University of Toronto, Canada
N Engl J Med 353:123-32. 2005....
- Phase III trial of carboplatin and paclitaxel compared with cisplatin and paclitaxel in patients with optimally resected stage III ovarian cancer: a Gynecologic Oncology Group studyRobert F Ozols
Medical Science Department, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:3194-200. 2003In randomized trials the combination of cisplatin and paclitaxel was superior to cisplatin and cyclophosphamide in advanced-stage epithelial ovarian cancer...
- Local control, survival, and late toxicities of locally advanced nasopharyngeal carcinoma treated by simultaneous modulated accelerated radiotherapy combined with cisplatin concurrent chemotherapy: long-term results of a phase 2 studyWei Wei Xiao
Department of Radiation Oncology, Cancer Center, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
Cancer 117:1874-83. 2011....
- Metformin suppresses ovarian cancer growth and metastasis with enhancement of cisplatin cytotoxicity in vivoRamandeep Rattan
Department of Experimental Pathology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Neoplasia 13:483-91. 2011..Here, we investigated the efficacy of metformin alone and in combination with cisplatin in vivo...
- Candidate DNA methylation drivers of acquired cisplatin resistance in ovarian cancer identified by methylome and expression profilingC Zeller
Epigenetics Unit, Department of Surgery and Cancer, Imperial College London, London, UK
Oncogene 31:4567-76. 2012..Using isogenic, cisplatin-sensitive/resistant ovarian cancer cell lines and inducing resensitizaton with demethylating agents, we aimed to ..
- First-SIGNAL: first-line single-agent iressa versus gemcitabine and cisplatin trial in never-smokers with adenocarcinoma of the lungJi Youn Han
National Cancer Center, Goyang, Republic of Korea
J Clin Oncol 30:1122-8. 2012..We compared efficacy of gefitinib with gemcitabine and cisplatin (GP) chemotherapy in this group of patients as first-line therapy.
- MicroRNA-221 induces cell survival and cisplatin resistance through PI3K/Akt pathway in human osteosarcomaGuangyi Zhao
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Orthopedics Oncology Institute of Chinese PLA, Tangdu Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, Shaanxi, People s Republic of China
PLoS ONE 8:e53906. 2013..In the present study, the effects of miR-221 on osteosarcoma and the possible mechanism by which miR-221 affected the survival, apoptosis, and cisplatin resistance of osteosarcoma were investigated.
- ATR-mediated checkpoint pathways regulate phosphorylation and activation of human Chk1H Zhao
Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110 1093, USA
Mol Cell Biol 21:4129-39. 2001..In addition, this study implicates ATR as a direct upstream activator of Chk1 in human cells...
- Concurrent chemotherapy and radiotherapy for organ preservation in advanced laryngeal cancerArlene A Forastiere
Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, Baltimore, MD 21231 1000, USA
N Engl J Med 349:2091-8. 2003Induction chemotherapy with cisplatin plus fluorouracil followed by radiotherapy is the standard alternative to total laryngectomy for patients with locally advanced laryngeal cancer...
- Postoperative irradiation with or without concomitant chemotherapy for locally advanced head and neck cancerJacques Bernier
Department of Radio Oncology, Oncology Institute of Southern Switzerland, Bellinzona, Switzerland
N Engl J Med 350:1945-52. 2004We compared concomitant cisplatin and irradiation with radiotherapy alone as adjuvant treatment for stage III or IV head and neck cancer.
- Cisplatin nephrotoxicity: mechanisms and renoprotective strategiesN Pabla
Department of Cellular Biology and Anatomy, Medical College of Georgia and Charlie Norwood VA Medical Center, Augusta, Georgia 30912, USA
Kidney Int 73:994-1007. 2008b>Cisplatin is one of the most widely used and most potent chemotherapy drugs. However, side effects in normal tissues and organs, notably nephrotoxicity in the kidneys, limit the use of cisplatin and related platinum-based therapeutics...
- CtIP-BRCA1 modulates the choice of DNA double-strand-break repair pathway throughout the cell cycleMaximina H Yun
Division of Protein and Nucleic Acid Chemistry, MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 0QH, UK
Nature 459:460-3. 2009....
- Phase III study of erlotinib in combination with cisplatin and gemcitabine in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: the Tarceva Lung Cancer Investigation TrialUlrich Gatzemeier
Zentrum fur Pneumologie und Thoraxchirurgie, Krankenhaus D LVA, Germany
J Clin Oncol 25:1545-52. 2007..III, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, multicenter trial evaluated the efficacy and safety of erlotinib in combination with cisplatin and gemcitabine as first-line treatment for advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
- EMT transcription factors snail and slug directly contribute to cisplatin resistance in ovarian cancerAlexandria M Haslehurst
Department of Pathology and Molecular Medicine, Queen s University, Kingston, ON, Canada
BMC Cancer 12:91. 2012..The role of EMT in embryogenesis is well-characterized and increasing evidence suggests that elements of the transition may be important in other processes, including metastasis and drug resistance in various different cancers...
- Disruption of the MDM2-p53 interaction strongly potentiates p53-dependent apoptosis in cisplatin-resistant human testicular carcinoma cells via the Fas/FasL pathwayR Koster
Department of Medical Oncology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Cell Death Dis 2:e148. 2011..In the present study, we demonstrate that p53 resides in a complex with MDM2 at higher cisplatin concentrations in cisplatin-resistant human TC cells compared with cisplatin-sensitive TC cells...
- Phase III study of docetaxel and cisplatin plus fluorouracil compared with cisplatin and fluorouracil as first-line therapy for advanced gastric cancer: a report of the V325 Study GroupEric Van Cutsem
University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
J Clin Oncol 24:4991-7. 2006..phase II/III trial (V325) of untreated advanced gastric cancer patients, the phase II part selected docetaxel, cisplatin, and fluorouracil (DCF) over docetaxel and cisplatin for comparison against cisplatin and fluorouracil (CF; ..
- Cisplatin treatment of primary and metastatic epithelial ovarian carcinomas generates residual cells with mesenchymal stem cell-like profileArdian Latifi
Women s Cancer Research Centre, Royal Women s Hospital, Victoria 3052, Australia
J Cell Biochem 112:2850-64. 2011..collected from advanced-stage ovarian cancer patients and the ovarian cancer cell line OVCA 433 in response to cisplatin in vitro...
- Requirement for ERK activation in cisplatin-induced apoptosisX Wang
Cell Stress and Aging Section, Laboratory of Biological Chemistry, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, Maryland 21224 6825, USA
J Biol Chem 275:39435-43. 2000b>Cisplatin activates multiple signal transduction pathways involved in coordinating cellular responses to stress...
- Gemcitabine and cisplatin versus methotrexate, vinblastine, doxorubicin, and cisplatin in advanced or metastatic bladder cancer: results of a large, randomized, multinational, multicenter, phase III studyH von der Maase
Aarhus University Hospital, Denmark
J Clin Oncol 18:3068-77. 2000Gemcitabine plus cisplatin (GC) and methotrexate, vinblastine, doxorubicin, and cisplatin (MVAC) were compared in patients with locally advanced or metastatic transitional-cell carcinoma (TCC) of the urothelium.
- Randomized phase III study of cisplatin plus irinotecan versus carboplatin plus paclitaxel, cisplatin plus gemcitabine, and cisplatin plus vinorelbine for advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: Four-Arm Cooperative Study in JapanY Ohe
Department of Internal Medicine, National Cancer Center Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Ann Oncol 18:317-23. 2007To compare the efficacy and toxicity of three platinum-based combination regimens against cisplatin plus irinotecan (IP) in patients with untreated advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) by a non-inferiority design.
- Pelvic radiation with concurrent chemotherapy compared with pelvic and para-aortic radiation for high-risk cervical cancerM Morris
Department of Gynecologic Oncology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030, USA
N Engl J Med 340:1137-43. 1999..a pelvic and para-aortic field with that of pelvic radiation and concurrent chemotherapy with fluorouracil and cisplatin in women with advanced cervical cancer...
- Akt phosphorylation and stabilization of X-linked inhibitor of apoptosis protein (XIAP)Han C Dan
Departments of Pathology and Interdisciplinary Oncology, University of South Florida College of Medicine and H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
J Biol Chem 279:5405-12. 2004..Phosphorylation of XIAP by Akt protects XIAP from ubiquitination and degradation in response to cisplatin. Moreover, autoubiquitination of XIAP is also inhibited by Akt...
- Gefitinib in combination with gemcitabine and cisplatin in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: a phase III trial--INTACT 1Giuseppe Giaccone
Vrije Universiteit Medical Center, Department of Oncology, De Boelelaan 1117, 1081 Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 22:777-84. 2004..kinase inhibitor gefitinib (Iressa, ZD1839; AstraZeneca, Wilmington, DE) to standard first-line gemcitabine and cisplatin provides clinical benefit over gemcitabine and cisplatin alone in patients with advanced or metastatic non-small-..
- Molecular basis of cellular response to cisplatin chemotherapy in non-small cell lung cancer (Review)Gangduo Wang
Mary Babb Randolph Cancer Center and Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Cell Biology, West Virginia University Health Sciences Center, Morgantown, WV 26506, USA
Oncol Rep 12:955-65. 2004b>Cisplatin is one of the most potent anticancer agents, displaying significant clinical activity against a variety of solid tumors...
- Hyperactive EGF receptor, Jaks and Stat3 signaling promote enhanced colony-forming ability, motility and migration of cisplatin-resistant ovarian cancer cellsP Yue
Barnett School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Central Florida College of Medicine, Orlando, FL, USA
Oncogene 31:2309-22. 2012We present evidence that the cisplatin-resistant human ovarian cancer lines, A2780S/CP1 (S/CP1), A2780S/CP3 (S/CP3) and A2780S/CP5 (S/CP5), derived by subjecting the sensitive A2780S ovarian cancer line to multiple rounds of cisplatin ..
- Cisplatin-induced downregulation of miR-199a-5p increases drug resistance by activating autophagy in HCC cellNing Xu
Department of Transplantation and Hepatic Surgery, Renji Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, 1630 Dongfang Road, Shanghai 200127, People s Republic of China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 423:826-31. 2012..However, chemoresistance to cisplatin is a major limitation of cisplatin-based chemotherapy in the clinic, and the underlying mechanism of such ..
- Postoperative concurrent radiotherapy and chemotherapy for high-risk squamous-cell carcinoma of the head and neckJay S Cooper
New York University Medical Center, New York, USA
N Engl J Med 350:1937-44. 2004..We tested the hypothesis that concurrent postoperative administration of cisplatin and radiotherapy would improve the rate of local and regional control.
- Intraperitoneal cisplatin and paclitaxel in ovarian cancerDeborah K Armstrong
Johns Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center, Baltimore, USA
N Engl J Med 354:34-43. 2006..The Gynecologic Oncology Group conducted a randomized, phase 3 trial that compared intravenous paclitaxel plus cisplatin with intravenous paclitaxel plus intraperitoneal cisplatin and paclitaxel in patients with stage III ovarian ..
- MicroRNA microarray identifies Let-7i as a novel biomarker and therapeutic target in human epithelial ovarian cancerNuo Yang
Center for Research on Early Detection and Cure of Ovarian Cancer, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Cancer Res 68:10307-14. 2008..049). Taken together, our results strongly suggest that let-7i might be used as a therapeutic target to modulate platinum-based chemotherapy and as a biomarker to predict chemotherapy response and survival in patients with ovarian cancer...
- Paclitaxel plus platinum-based chemotherapy versus conventional platinum-based chemotherapy in women with relapsed ovarian cancer: the ICON4/AGO-OVAR-2.2 trialM K B Parmar
Lancet 361:2099-106. 2003..There is no agreed second-line treatment at relapse. We assessed paclitaxel plus platinum chemotherapy as such treatment...
- A phase I clinical trial of safingol in combination with cisplatin in advanced solid tumorsMark A Dickson
Melanoma and Sarcoma Service, Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10065, USA
Clin Cancer Res 17:2484-92. 2011..Production of S1P is catalyzed by sphingosine kinase 1 (SphK). Safingol, (l-threo-dihydrosphingosine) is a putative inhibitor of SphK. We conducted a phase I trial of safingol (S) alone and in combination with cisplatin (C).
- Upregulated miR-130a increases drug resistance by regulating RUNX3 and Wnt signaling in cisplatin-treated HCC cellNing Xu
Department of Transplantation and Hepatic Surgery, Renji Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, 1630 Dongfang Road, Shanghai 200127, People s Republic of China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 425:468-72. 2012b>Cisplatin is one of the commonly used chemotherapeutic drugs for the treatment of patients with advanced liver cancer...
- Hyaluronan-CD44v3 interaction with Oct4-Sox2-Nanog promotes miR-302 expression leading to self-renewal, clonal formation, and cisplatin resistance in cancer stem cells from head and neck squamous cell carcinomaLilly Y W Bourguignon
Endocrine Unit 111N2, Department of Medicine, University of California at San Francisco and Veterans Affairs Medical Center, San Francisco, California 94121, USA
J Biol Chem 287:32800-24. 2012..of several survival proteins (cIAP-1, cIAP-2, and XIAP) leading to self-renewal, clonal formation, and cisplatin resistance...
- Randomized, phase III study of gemcitabine or erlotinib maintenance therapy versus observation, with predefined second-line treatment, after cisplatin-gemcitabine induction chemotherapy in advanced non-small-cell lung cancerMaurice Perol
Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon Cedex 08, France
J Clin Oncol 30:3516-24. 2012..or switch maintenance with erlotinib improves clinical outcome compared with observation in patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) whose disease was controlled after cisplatin-gemcitabine induction chemotherapy.
- Keratin 8 and 18 loss in epithelial cancer cells increases collective cell migration and cisplatin sensitivity through claudin1 up-regulationAnne Marie Fortier
Molecular oncology and endocrinology research group, Department of Medical Biology, University of Quebec at Trois Rivieres, Trois Rivieres, Quebec G9A 5H7, Canada
J Biol Chem 288:11555-71. 2013..K8/18 deletion also increased cisplatin-induced apoptosis...
- miR-21 confers cisplatin resistance in gastric cancer cells by regulating PTENShou Mei Yang
School of Pharmacy, Anhui key laboratory of bioactivity of natural products, Anhui Medical University, Hefei 230032, China
Toxicology 306:162-8. 2013..whether miR-21 mediated resistance of the gastric cancer cell line SGC7901 to the chemotherapeutic agent cisplatin (DDP)...
- Targeted delivery of a cisplatin prodrug for safer and more effective prostate cancer therapy in vivoShanta Dhar
Department of Chemistry, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:1850-5. 2011..and efficacy of Pt-PLGA-b-PEG-Apt-NP (150 ± 15 nm encapsulating ∼5% wt/wt Pt(IV) prodrug) when compared to cisplatin administered in its conventional form in normal Sprague Dawley rats, Swiss Albino mice, and the PSMA-expressing ..
- Mechanisms of Cisplatin nephrotoxicityRonald P Miller
Division of Nephrology, The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA, USA
Toxins (Basel) 2:2490-518. 2010b>Cisplatin is a widely used and highly effective cancer chemotherapeutic agent. One of the limiting side effects of cisplatin use is nephrotoxicity...
- Maintenance therapy with pemetrexed plus best supportive care versus placebo plus best supportive care after induction therapy with pemetrexed plus cisplatin for advanced non-squamous non-small-cell lung cancer (PARAMOUNT): a double-blind, phase 3, randomLuis Paz-Ares
Instituto de Biomedicina de Sevilla, University Hospital Virgen del Rocio, Seville, Spain
Lancet Oncol 13:247-55. 2012..The PARAMOUNT trial investigated whether continuation maintenance with pemetrexed improved progression-free survival after induction therapy with pemetrexed plus cisplatin.
- Randomized phase III trial of whole-abdominal irradiation versus doxorubicin and cisplatin chemotherapy in advanced endometrial carcinoma: a Gynecologic Oncology Group StudyMarcus E Randall
Leo W Jenkins Cancer Center, Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University, Greenville, NC, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:36-44. 2006To compare whole-abdominal irradiation (WAI) and doxorubicin-cisplatin (AP) chemotherapy in women with stage III or IV endometrial carcinoma having a maximum of 2 cm of postoperative residual disease.
- Phase III study of concurrent chemoradiotherapy versus radiotherapy alone for advanced nasopharyngeal carcinoma: positive effect on overall and progression-free survivalJin Ching Lin
Department of Radiation Oncology, Taichung Veterans General Hospital Taiwan, No 160, Sec 3, Taichung Kang Road, Taichung, 407 Taiwan
J Clin Oncol 21:631-7. 2003..Nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC) is a radiosensitive and chemosensitive tumor. This randomized phase III trial compared concurrent chemoradiotherapy (CCRT) versus radiotherapy (RT) alone in patients with advanced NPC...
- Long-term activation of SAPK/JNK, p38 kinase and fas-L expression by cisplatin is attenuated in human carcinoma cells that acquired drug resistanceAnamaria Brozovic
Division of Applied Toxicology, Institute of Toxicology, Mainz, Germany
Int J Cancer 112:974-85. 2004Tumor cells chronically exposed to cisplatin (cDDP) acquire cDDP resistance that impacts tumor therapy...
- Preliminary results of a randomized study on therapeutic gain by concurrent chemotherapy for regionally-advanced nasopharyngeal carcinoma: NPC-9901 Trial by the Hong Kong Nasopharyngeal Cancer Study GroupAnne W M Lee
Department of Clinical Oncology, Pamela Youde Nethersole Eastern Hospital, Hong Kong, China
J Clin Oncol 23:6966-75. 2005..This randomized study compared the results achieved by concurrent chemoradiotherapy (CRT) versus radiotherapy (RT) alone for nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC) with advanced nodal disease...
- Randomized phase II trial of concurrent cisplatin-radiotherapy with or without neoadjuvant docetaxel and cisplatin in advanced nasopharyngeal carcinomaEdwin P Hui
Department of Clinical Oncology, Prince of Wales Hospita, Hong Kong SAR, China
J Clin Oncol 27:242-9. 2009To compare the toxicities, tumor control, survival, and quality of life of nasopharyngeal cancer (NPC) patients treated with sequential neoadjuvant chemotherapy followed by concurrent cisplatin-radiotherapy (CRT) or CRT alone.
- Phase III trial comparing capecitabine plus cisplatin versus capecitabine plus cisplatin with concurrent capecitabine radiotherapy in completely resected gastric cancer with D2 lymph node dissection: the ARTIST trialJeeyun Lee
Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, 50 Irwon dong Kangnam gu, Seoul 135 710 Korea
J Clin Oncol 30:268-73. 2012..This trial was designed to compare postoperative treatment with capecitabine plus cisplatin (XP) versus XP plus radiotherapy with capecitabine (XP/XRT/XP).
- Vinorelbine plus cisplatin vs. observation in resected non-small-cell lung cancerTimothy Winton
National Cancer Institute of Canada Clinical Trials Group, Kingston, Ont
N Engl J Med 352:2589-97. 2005We undertook to determine whether adjuvant vinorelbine plus cisplatin prolongs overall survival among patients with completely resected early-stage non-small-cell lung cancer.
- Cisplatin and fluorouracil alone or with docetaxel in head and neck cancerMarshall R Posner
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
N Engl J Med 357:1705-15. 2007..phase 3 trial of the treatment of squamous-cell carcinoma of the head and neck compared induction chemotherapy with docetaxel plus cisplatin and fluorouracil (TPF) with cisplatin and fluorouracil (PF), followed by chemoradiotherapy.
- Inhibition of the c-Abl-TAp63 pathway protects mouse oocytes from chemotherapy-induced deathStefania Gonfloni
Department of Biology, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
Nat Med 15:1179-85. 2009..In cell lines, upon cisplatin treatment, c-Abl phosphorylates TAp63 on specific tyrosine residues...
- Phase III, open-label, randomized study comparing concurrent gemcitabine plus cisplatin and radiation followed by adjuvant gemcitabine and cisplatin versus concurrent cisplatin and radiation in patients with stage IIB to IVA carcinoma of the cervixAlfonso Duenas-Gonzalez
National Cancer Institute Institute of Biomedical Research, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Mexico City, Mexico
J Clin Oncol 29:1678-85. 2011To determine whether addition of gemcitabine to concurrent cisplatin chemoradiotherapy and as adjuvant chemotherapy with cisplatin improves progression-free survival (PFS) at 3 years compared with current standard of care in locally ..
- Randomized intergroup trial of cisplatin-paclitaxel versus cisplatin-cyclophosphamide in women with advanced epithelial ovarian cancer: three-year resultsM J Piccart
European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer EORTC Gynecological Cancer Cooperative Group, EORTC Data Center, Brussels, Belgium
J Natl Cancer Inst 92:699-708. 2000..111) in the United States showed a better outcome for patients with advanced ovarian cancer on the paclitaxel-cisplatin regimen than for those on a standard cyclophosphamide-cisplatin regimen...
- Cisplatin- versus carboplatin-based chemotherapy in first-line treatment of advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: an individual patient data meta-analysisAndrea Ardizzoni
Division of Medical Oncology, University Hospital, Via Gramsci 14, 43100 Parma, Italy
J Natl Cancer Inst 99:847-57. 2007Because the efficacy of carboplatin and cisplatin in the treatment of advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) has not been proven to be equivalent, an individual patient data meta-analysis comparing the two treatments was performed.
- Long-term survival results of a randomized trial comparing gemcitabine plus cisplatin, with methotrexate, vinblastine, doxorubicin, plus cisplatin in patients with bladder cancerHans von der Maase
Department of Oncology, Aarhus University Hospital, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
J Clin Oncol 23:4602-8. 2005To compare long-term survival in patients with locally advanced or metastatic transitional cell carcinoma (TCC) of the urothelium treated with gemcitabine/cisplatin (GC) or methotrexate/vinblastine/doxorubicin/cisplatin (MVAC).
- The differential efficacy of pemetrexed according to NSCLC histology: a review of two Phase III studiesGiorgio Scagliotti
Thoracic Oncology Unit, University of Turin, San Luigi Hospital, Orbassano Torino, Italy
Oncologist 14:253-63. 2009..Recent studies of pemetrexed have identified a predictive role for non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) histology. We further reviewed the differential efficacy of pemetrexed according to histology in two large, phase III NSCLC trials...
- NAC1 modulates sensitivity of ovarian cancer cells to cisplatin by altering the HMGB1-mediated autophagic responseY Zhang
Department of Pharmacology, Penn State Hershey Cancer Institute, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine and Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA, USA
Oncogene 31:1055-64. 2012..We report here that autophagy was involved in NAC1-mediated resistance to cisplatin, a commonly used chemotherapeutic drug in the treatment of ovarian cancer...
- Phospho-ΔNp63α is a key regulator of the cisplatin-induced microRNAome in cancer cellsY Huang
Department of Dermatology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Cell Death Differ 18:1220-30. 2011Head and neck squamous cell carcinoma (HNSCC) cells exposed to cisplatin (CIS) displayed a dramatic ATM-dependent phosphorylation of ΔNp63α that leads to the transcriptional regulation of downstream mRNAs...
- Phase I/II trial of cilengitide with cetuximab, cisplatin and 5-fluorouracil in recurrent and/or metastatic squamous cell cancer of the head and neck: findings of the phase I partJ B Vermorken
Department of Medical Oncology, Antwerp University Hospital, Wilrijkstraat 10, Edegem 2650, Belgium
Br J Cancer 104:1691-6. 2011..Novel therapies are needed to improve the poor prognosis of patients with recurrent and/or metastatic squamous cell cancer of the head and neck (SCCHN)...
- Cancer stem cells contribute to cisplatin resistance in Brca1/p53-mediated mouse mammary tumorsNorazizah Shafee
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, College of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Cancer Res 68:3243-50. 2008..At 0.5 mg/kg of daily cisplatin treatment, 80% primary tumors (n = 8) show complete pathologic response...
- Phase III trial comparing docetaxel and cisplatin combination chemotherapy with mitomycin, vindesine, and cisplatin combination chemotherapy with concurrent thoracic radiotherapy in locally advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: OLCSG 0007Yoshihiko Segawa
Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry, and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Okayama University Hospital, Kitaku, Okayama, Japan
J Clin Oncol 28:3299-306. 2010To demonstrate the efficacy of docetaxel and cisplatin (DP) chemotherapy with concurrent thoracic radiotherapy (TRT) for patients with locally advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (LA-NSCLC).
- Protective effects of vitamin c against cisplatin-induced nephrotoxicity and lipid peroxidation in adult rats: a dose-dependent studyL M Antunes
Departamento de Analises Clinicas, Toxicologicas e Bromatologicas, Faculdade de Ciencias Farmaceuticas de Ribeirao Preto, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Av. Cafe s/n, Ribeirao Preto, Sao Paulo, 14040-903, Brasil
Pharmacol Res 41:405-11. 2000b>Cisplatin is one of the most active cytotoxic agents in the treatment of cancer, but its clinical use is associated with nephrotoxicity...
- Role of oxidative and nitrosative stress in cisplatin-induced nephrotoxicityYolanda I Chirino
Subdireccion de Investigacion Basica, Instituto Nacional de Cancerologia, Tlalpan, DF, Mexico
Exp Toxicol Pathol 61:223-42. 2009cis-Diamminedichloroplatinum (II) (cisplatin) is an important chemotherapeutic agent useful in the treatment of several cancers; however, it has several side effects such as nephrotoxicity...
- Intensity-modulated radiation therapy with or without chemotherapy for nasopharyngeal carcinoma: radiation therapy oncology group phase II trial 0225Nancy Lee
Department of Radiation Oncology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Ave, Box 22, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:3684-90. 2009..To investigate the feasibility of intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) with or without chemotherapy, and to assess toxicities, failure patterns, and survivals in patients with nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC)...
- mTOR is a promising therapeutic target both in cisplatin-sensitive and cisplatin-resistant clear cell carcinoma of the ovarySeiji Mabuchi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 15:5404-13. 2009..This study aimed to examine the role of mTOR as a therapeutic target in clear cell carcinoma of the ovary, which is regarded as an aggressive, chemoresistant histologic subtype...
- Multicenter phase III comparison of cisplatin/S-1 with cisplatin/infusional fluorouracil in advanced gastric or gastroesophageal adenocarcinoma study: the FLAGS trialJaffer A Ajani
Department of Gastrointestinal Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, TX 77030, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:1547-53. 2010..Patients with advanced gastric or gastroesophageal adenocarcinoma need more efficacious and safer treatments than established today. S-1, a contemporary oral fluoropyrimidine, can provide that advantage...
- Autocrine production of interleukin-6 confers cisplatin and paclitaxel resistance in ovarian cancer cellsYue Wang
Department of Immunology, Medical College of Chinese People s Armed Police Forces, Tianjin, People s Republic of China
Cancer Lett 295:110-23. 2010..with recombination IL-6) and endogenous IL-6 (by transfecting with plasmid encoding for sense IL-6) induce cisplatin and paclitaxel resistance in non-IL-6-expressing A2780 cells, while deleting of endogenous IL-6 expression in IL-..
- Chronic cisplatin treatment promotes enhanced damage repair and tumor progression in a mouse model of lung cancerTrudy G Oliver
David H Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, 02139, USA
Genes Dev 24:837-52. 2010..genetic, genomic, and imaging approaches, we examined the dynamics of response to a mainstay chemotherapeutic, cisplatin, in multiple mouse models of human non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Phase III trial of standard-dose intravenous cisplatin plus paclitaxel versus moderately high-dose carboplatin followed by intravenous paclitaxel and intraperitoneal cisplatin in small-volume stage III ovarian carcinoma: an intergroup study of the GynecolM Markman
Cleveland Clinic Taussig Cancer Center, Department of Hematology/Medical Oncology, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH, USA
J Clin Oncol 19:1001-7. 2001..and overall survival in small-volume residual ovarian cancer after treatment with intravenous (IV) cisplatin and paclitaxel or an experimental regimen of IV carboplatin followed by IV paclitaxel and intraperitoneal ..
- Mechanisms of resistance to cisplatinM Kartalou
Division of Bioengineering and Environmental Health and Department of Chemistry, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Mutat Res 478:23-43. 2001The use of cisplatin in cancer chemotherapy is limited by acquired or intrinsic resistance of cells to the drug...
- Phase III trial of trimodality therapy with cisplatin, fluorouracil, radiotherapy, and surgery compared with surgery alone for esophageal cancer: CALGB 9781Joel Tepper
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7512, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:1086-92. 2008..To this end, we compared survival, response, and patterns of failure of trimodality therapy to esophagectomy alone in patients with nonmetastatic esophageal cancer...
- An intergroup phase III comparison of standard radiation therapy and two schedules of concurrent chemoradiotherapy in patients with unresectable squamous cell head and neck cancerDavid J Adelstein
Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Department of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Ohio 44195, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:92-8. 2003..The Head and Neck Intergroup conducted a phase III randomized trial to test the benefit of adding chemotherapy to radiation in patients with unresectable squamous cell head and neck cancer...
- Molecular hydrogen alleviates nephrotoxicity induced by an anti-cancer drug cisplatin without compromising anti-tumor activity in miceNaomi Nakashima-Kamimura
Department of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Institute of Development and Aging Sciences, Nippon Medical School, Kawasaki, Kanagawa, Japan
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 64:753-61. 2009b>Cisplatin is a widely used anti-cancer drug in the treatment of a wide range of tumors; however, its application is limited by nephrotoxicity, which is affected by oxidative stress...
- The tyrosine kinase c-Abl regulates p73 in apoptotic response to cisplatin-induced DNA damageJ G Gong
Department of Biology, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093 0322, USA
Nature 399:806-9. 1999Cancer chemotherapeutic agents such as cisplatin exert their cytotoxic effect by inducing DNA damage and activating programmed cell death (apoptosis). The tumour-suppressor protein p53 is an important activator of apoptosis...
- The mTOR inhibitor RAD001 sensitizes tumor cells to DNA-damaged induced apoptosis through inhibition of p21 translationIwan Beuvink
Friedrich Miescher Institute for Biomedical Research, Maulbeerstrasse 66, P O Box 2543, CH 4058 Basel, Switzerland
Cell 120:747-59. 2005..Here we show that RAD001 (everolimus), a rapamycin derivative, dramatically enhances cisplatin-induced apoptosis in wild-type p53, but not mutant p53 tumor cells...
- Targeted delivery of cisplatin to prostate cancer cells by aptamer functionalized Pt(IV) prodrug-PLGA-PEG nanoparticlesShanta Dhar
Department of Chemistry, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:17356-61. 2008b>Cisplatin is used to treat a variety of tumors, but dose limiting toxicities or intrinsic and acquired resistance limit its application in many types of cancer including prostate...
- Induction docetaxel, cisplatin, and cetuximab followed by concurrent radiotherapy, cisplatin, and cetuximab and maintenance cetuximab in patients with locally advanced head and neck cancerAthanassios Argiris
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Cancer Pavilion, 5th Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15232, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:5294-300. 2010..We incorporated cetuximab, a chimeric monoclonal antibody against the epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR), into the induction therapy and subsequent chemoradiotherapy of head and neck cancer (HNC)...
- Markedly increased Oct4 and Nanog expression correlates with cisplatin resistance in oral squamous cell carcinomaLo Lin Tsai
School of Dentistry, Chung Shan Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan
J Oral Pathol Med 40:621-8. 2011..Cancer stem cells (CSC) model theoretically contribute to tumor growth, metastasis, and chemo-radioresistance. Cisplatin is a widely used chemotherapeutic agent for OSCC treatment...
- Induction chemotherapy followed by concomitant radiotherapy and weekly cisplatin versus the same concomitant chemoradiotherapy in patients with nasopharyngeal carcinoma: a randomized phase II study conducted by the Hellenic Cooperative Oncology Group (HeCG Fountzilas
Department ofMedical Oncology Papageorgiou Hospital, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki School of Medicine, Thessaloniki, Greece
Ann Oncol 23:427-35. 2012Concomitant administration of radiation therapy (RT) and chemotherapy with cisplatin (CCRT) is considered standard treatment in patients with locally advanced nasopharyngeal cancer (LA-NPC)...
- Inhibition of PKCδ reduces cisplatin-induced nephrotoxicity without blocking chemotherapeutic efficacy in mouse models of cancerNavjotsingh Pabla
Department of Cellular Biology and Anatomy, Medical College of Georgia, Georgia Health Sciences University, Augusta, Georgia, USA
J Clin Invest 121:2709-22. 2011b>Cisplatin is a widely used cancer therapy drug that unfortunately has major side effects in normal tissues, notably nephrotoxicity in kidneys...
- The transcriptional coactivator Yes-associated protein drives p73 gene-target specificity in response to DNA DamageSabrina Strano
Department of Experimental Oncology, Regina Elena Cancer Institute, 00158 Rome, Italy
Mol Cell 18:447-59. 2005..Altogether, our findings identify YAP as a key determinant of p73 gene targeting in response to DNA damage...
- Mechanisms of resistance to cisplatin and carboplatinDavid J Stewart
Section of Experimental Therapeutics, Department of Thoracic Head and Neck Medical Oncology, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 63:12-31. 2007While cisplatin and carboplatin are active versus most common cancers, epithelial malignancies are incurable when metastatic. Even if an initial response occurs, acquired resistance due to mutations and epigenetic events limits efficacy...
- Mechanisms of action of ghrelin in muscle and adipose tissue in cancer-related caJose M Garcia; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our hypotheses are that in the setting of cancer- and cisplatin-induced cachexia, ghrelin will prevent muscle wasting by downregulating proteolysis through the ubiquitin-..
- Targeting Inflammation for the Amelioration of Cisplatin-Hearing LossVickram Ramkumar; Fiscal Year: 2011DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Ototoxicity is a common side effect of cisplatin, a drug widely used for the treatment of a various solid tumor...
- Vickram Ramkumar; Fiscal Year: 2016DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Cisplatin is widely used for treating of a variety of solid tumors in cancer patients. However, this drug produces dose-limiting side effects such as ototoxicity and nephrotoxicity...
- Stephen J Lippard; Fiscal Year: 2016The long-term goal of this research is to improve cancer therapy by combining mechanistic information about the cisplatin family of drugs with synthetic chemistry to produce new compounds and strategies for the selective destruction of ..
- Enhancing radiation and cisplatin HNSCC cell killing by inhibiting mitochondrialLynn Harrison; Fiscal Year: 2013..is treated with surgery or radiotherapy alone, while advanced stage HNSCC is treated with a combination of cisplatin and radiotherapy...
- Prolactin as a Growth Factor in Breast CancerNira Ben-Jonathan; Fiscal Year: 2013..that prolactin (PRL) serves as a survival factor which antagonizes the cytotoxicity of the DNA-damaging agents cisplatin and doxorubicin, and the microtubule disrupting agent taxol...
- Lois B Travis; Fiscal Year: 2016..Long-term sensory neuropathies affect 30-40% patients. The underlying mechanisms of long-term cisplatin toxicity remain largely un- known...
- Amelioration of cisplatin ototoxicity by transplatinDebashree Mukherjea; Fiscal Year: 2010b>Cisplatin is a widely used chemotherapeutic agent, but which produces dose-limiting side effects, such as nephrotoxicity and ototoxicity...
- Michael J Brenner; Fiscal Year: 2016..Transplatin is an inactive trans-isomer of cisplatin that reduces expression of several key molecules involved in drug-induced hearing loss...
- Paul S Frenette; Fiscal Year: 2016..the effect of the neuropathy on HSC / progenitor mobilization and niche function in a clinically relevant model (cisplatin therapy), and evaluate the effect of neuroprotection on HSC niche function...
- QUYNH THU XUAN LE; Fiscal Year: 2016..Gal-1 expression or inhibiting its function (blocking antibody or inhibitory disaccharide) will enhance RT and cisplatin chemotherapy effect in NSCLC cell lines and orthotopic mouse tumors...
- Geoffrey I Shapiro; Fiscal Year: 2014..checkpoint control is ineffective, so that cancer cells are sensitized to DNA damaging treatments, including cisplatin, y-irradiation and nucleoside analogs...
- Role of Meprin A in Acute Kidney InjuryGUR PRASAD KAUSHAL; Fiscal Year: 2013..Following ischemia-reperfusion (IR)- and cisplatin-induced AKI, meprin A is redistributed throughout the cytoplasm and extracellularly adhering toward the ..
- Leonard P Rybak; Fiscal Year: 2016DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Cisplatin is a potent chemotherapeutic agent widely used to treat malignant neoplasms. Side effects, like ototoxicity compromise the quality of life of cancer survivors...
- Premortem enzymatic DNA damage in kidney injuryAlexei G Basnakian; Fiscal Year: 2012..broader implications than it was initially thought, and it can be applied to the toxic kidney injury induced by cisplatin. Another observation was that DNase I may act in concert with other endonucleases...
- Resham Bhattacharya; Fiscal Year: 2016..In this context, determining the mechanism by which loss of Bmi-1 sensitizes the cancer cells to cisplatin would be important for development of new therapeutic strategies to combat ovarian cancer...
- Medhi Wangpaichitr; Fiscal Year: 2016..For these patients, cisplatin or its less nephrotoxic analog carboplatin is the main chemotherapeutic drug used for both NSCLC and SCLC...
- Development of Novel Agents Targeting Genome Stability and Maintenance for TreatiJohn J Turchi; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>Cisplatin and carboplatin both impart their chemotherapeutic effect by the formation of Pt-DNA adducts which block DNA ..
- Deanna L Kroetz; Fiscal Year: 2014..shows that chemical or genetic disruption of sEH activity protects against acute kidney injury induced by cisplatin treatment...
- Meprin A Metalloproteinase in Acute Kidney InjuryGUR PRASAD KAUSHAL; Fiscal Year: 2013..Furthermore, our studies demonstrate that, following ischemia-reperfusion- and cisplatin-induced AKI, meprin A is redistributed toward the basolateral side of the proximal tubule...
- Didier Portilla; Fiscal Year: 2014..in blood urea nitrogen and serum creatinine in wild type mice as well as human ApoM transgenic mice exposed to cisplatin. Since recent studies support the role of ApoM as an anti-inflammatory and anti-atherogenic lipoprotein, we plan ..
- Lung Cancer Chemoradiation: Predictors of SurvivalXifeng Wu; Fiscal Year: 2009..Drug resistance presents a major obstacle in NSCLC treatment. Platinum agents, specifically cisplatin and carboplatin, are the cornerstones of NSCLC therapy...
- Marlene Belfort; Fiscal Year: 2016..We will further characterize cisplatin, the chemotherapeutic agent, which we identified as a protein splicing inhibitor...
- Stephen B Howell; Fiscal Year: 2014..by applicant): The copper (Cu) exporter ATP7B is over-expressed in many tumors with acquired resistance to Cu, cisplatin (DDP) and carboplatin...
- KEVIN CHARLES OEFFINGER; Fiscal Year: 2015..ethnic minority women who have breast cancer and subsequently experience delays in returning to work;cisplatin-related endothelial dysfunction;cardiovascular disease following mediastinal irradiation;colorectal and breast ..
- Philip Reigan; Fiscal Year: 2014..for medulloblastoma includes surgical resection, radiation and chemotherapy with DNA alkylating agents, such as cisplatin. Although this approach to therapy has improved survival rates, high doses of cytotoxic chemotherapy are ..
- Yilun Liu; Fiscal Year: 2015..the cancer suppressors linked to repairing lesions caused by DNA damaging agents, such as ionizing radiation and cisplatin. During the course of evolution, RecQ genes appear to have been amplified and diverged from a single copy of the ..
- p53 Acetylation as a Mechanism in Chemoprevention by AspirinJAYARAMA B GUNAJE; Fiscal Year: 2010..In addition to camptothecin, all studies will be extended to include doxorubicin and cisplatin, to determine if aspirin also modulates p21 / Bax expression by these DNA damaging drugs...
- PROTECTION FROM AMINOGLYCOSIDE OTOTOXICITYJochen Schacht; Fiscal Year: 2013..of cell death in the inner ear that may also be relevant for understanding other cochlear pathologies such as cisplatin-induced hearing loss, noise trauma and age-related hearing impairment...
- Pharmacokinetic and Pharmacogenomic Determinants of Cisplatin Kidney InjuryMelanie S Joy; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Cisplatin is an inorganic metal-containing chemotherapeutic agent used to effectively treat a myriad of solid cancers...
- JOSEPH VINCENT BONVENTRE; Fiscal Year: 2016..mouse that is defective in phagocytosis sustains increased injury to the kidney in response to ischemia or cisplatin. The effects of Kim-1 on autophagy, inflammation and the innate immune response will be explored...
- Notch-1 and IGF-1 crosstalk: new therapeutic strategies for NSCLCMaurizio Bocchetta; Fiscal Year: 2013..3) Verify the therapeutic efficacy of MRK-003, alone or in combination with cisplatin, or with an inhibitory antibody for the IGF-1R (MK-0646), or with an Akt specific inhibitor (MK-2206) in a mouse ..
- Imaging Cellular Stress and Treatment Response Using Positron Emission TomographyANTHONY FRANK SHIELDS; Fiscal Year: 2012..mRNA levels, Western blots to measure the protein and its isoforms, and enzymatic activity during the course of cisplatin treatment of lung cancer cell lines...
- The Use of 2-Deoxyglucose in Head and Neck Cancer TherapyDOUGLAS ROBERT SPITZ; Fiscal Year: 2013..e., cisplatin and azidothymidine] in human head and neck cancer cells in vitro and in vivo...
- Stephen B Howell; Fiscal Year: 2015..from environmental carcinogen exposure (such as UV) or during chemotherapy using DNA modifying agents like cisplatin (cDDP) or alkylators such as chlorambucil (CLB)...
- TIFFANY GRAY BAKER; Fiscal Year: 2014DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Cisplatin has been successfully used to treat of a variety of cancers since the 1970s...
- Arti Shukla; Fiscal Year: 2016..Two weeks after cell injection mice will receive either saline or chemotherapeutic drugs (Doxorubicin, Cisplatin) or drugs plus Anakinra for 4-6 weeks...
- Malathy P V Shekhar; Fiscal Year: 2015..Constitutive overexpression of Rad6B in normal breast cells induces aneuploidy and cisplatin (CDDP) resistance, whereas Rad6B suppression confers CDDP sensitivity...
- Peter M Price; Fiscal Year: 2014..Cdk2), protects from cytotoxicity in vitro and protects from kidney injury in vivo caused by cisplatin administration...
- Antiprogestin therapy for ovarian cancerCARLOS MARCELO TELLERIA; Fiscal Year: 2012..our preliminary data indicate that presence of the antiprogestin mifepristone after courses of lethal doses of cisplatin prevents repopulation or regrowth of remnant ovarian cancer cells surviving cisplatin treatment by potentiating ..
- Jeannine Coburn; Fiscal Year: 2015..Nephrotoxin-induced tubule damage will be investigated using cyclosporine, gentamicin and cisplatin. The 3D HRPT tissue models will allow for investigation of both acute (short-term cultures) and chronic (long-..
- Donna D Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2015..lines to chemotherapeutic drugs in vitro and, more significantly, brusatol sensitizes lung cancer xenografts to cisplatin in vivo in an Nrf2-dependent manner...
- Targeted therapy of pancreatic cancer with in vivo radionuclide generatorEkaterina Dadachova; Fiscal Year: 2012..We also hypothesize that by pre-treating tumors with chemotherapeutic agents such as cisplatin or gemcitabine - we will make some tumor cells non-viable thus making more of the intranuclear histones ..
- Didier Portilla; Fiscal Year: 2016..proximal tubule using transgenic mice ameliorates kidney function in the ischemia reperfusion injury (IRI), and cisplatin model of nephrotoxicity...
- MARK DOUGLAS OKUSA; Fiscal Year: 2016..in different forms of AKI, where they promote injury in ischemia-reperfusion injury (IRI) and are protective in cisplatin nephrotoxicity (CN)...
- Targeting the ERCC1/XPF nuclease for cancer therapyJohn J Turchi; Fiscal Year: 2012..Both cisplatin and carboplatin impart their chemotherapeutic effect by the formation of intrastrand Pt-DNA adducts...
- Bennett Van Houten; Fiscal Year: 2016..In addition, NER is important for the removal of adducts induced by several anticancer drugs, such as cisplatin. One of the fundamental questions in the field of DNA repair is how a modest number of repair proteins scan ..
- Gilbert R Kinsey; Fiscal Year: 2014..Major causes of AKI include: ischemia-reperfusion (IR) injury and nephrotoxic drugs (such as cisplatin, a chemotherapeutic agent), which induce direct toxicity to kidney cells and provoke the immune system...
- Maria Contel; Fiscal Year: 2016..indicate that gold complexes also display considerable anti-tumor properties both in vitro and in vivo against cisplatin-resistant cancer cell lines with different mode of action than cisplatin itself...
- John J Turchi; Fiscal Year: 2016Abstract First line treatment of ovarian cancer includes combination therapy with a platinum drug (Pt), either cisplatin or carboplatin (1)...
- The role of intracellular calcium in ototoxin-mediated hair cell deathRobert Esterberg; Fiscal Year: 2012..higher in dying hair cells exposed to either the aminoglycoside neomycin or the anticancer therapeutic cisplatin. The work proposed here aims to reveal subcellular events that lead to this increase, as well as to better ..
- CHRISTINE ELIZABETH CANMAN; Fiscal Year: 2016..TLS is believed to be important for replicative bypass of cisplatin adducts and may be an important mechanism by which tumor cells resist therapy...
- Ototoxicity protection with intratympanic steroid implantWilliam H Slattery; Fiscal Year: 2012..Some of the most common kinds of drugs causing ototoxicity are antibiotics and anti-cancer therapeutics such as cisplatin. Cisplatin is commonly used for the treatment of a variety of cancers, including medulloblastoma, neuroblastoma, ..
- Mechanisms of Venous Thromboembolism in CancerNigel Mackman; Fiscal Year: 2012..further increased by the administration of anti-neoplastic drugs, such as the chemotherapy drugs gemcitabine and cisplatin, as well as combination therapies. However, the mechanisms of VTE in cancer patients are largely unknown...
- Thomas E Yankeelov; Fiscal Year: 2016..DCE-MRI, DW-MRI, and FLT-PET to assess the degree of tumor response after one and two cycles of neoadjuvant cisplatin, paclitaxel and the TOI inhibitor everolimus in patients with triple negative breast tumors...
- Sorbents for Toxic-Metal Removal in Pharmaceutical Development and ManufactureGIRISH SRINIVAS; Fiscal Year: 2011..The toxic metals accumulate in the nervous system causing damage similar to that of mercury and lead. Improved purification of medications will reduce many toxic side-effects. ..
- JACQUES EDUARDO NOR; Fiscal Year: 2015..of the MDM2/Bcl-2 signaling axis on adenoid cystic carcinoma resistance to a conventional chemotherapeutic drug (Cisplatin)...
- Joseph M Tuscano; Fiscal Year: 2016..and optimize CD22-targeted therapy against NSCLC and metastasis;4) along with our collaborators, CD22-targeted, cisplatin-containing nanoparticles (NP) will be created...
- High Throughput Chemical Genomic screening to identify novel ER stress-inducingANDREW MICHAEL FRIBLEY; Fiscal Year: 2010..protein- (CHOP) mediated apoptosis in a variety of HNSCC cell lines, including several that are not sensitive to cisplatin. ER stress leads to a physiological response known as the unfolded protein response (UPR) which consists of ..
- Dineo Khabele; Fiscal Year: 2014..HDACi) have potent anti-tumor effects in ovarian cancer cells that are resistant to the DNA- damaging agent cisplatin, a first-line treatment for ovarian cancer...
- Targeting oxidative stress modifiers in acute kidney injurySekhar P Reddy; Fiscal Year: 2013..Nrf2-deficient (Nrf2-/-) mice were also more susceptible to cisplatin-induced nephrotoxic AKI as compared to wild type controls...
- Sheida Nabavi; Fiscal Year: 2014..Recently, cisplatin chemotherapy has regained interest based on growing evidence on achieving better outcome from preclinical and ..
- Cisplatin and Mechanisms of Long-term Male InfertilityJOHN RICHBURG; Fiscal Year: 2007unreadable] DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The chemotherapeutic drug, cisplatin, is highly efficient at removing tumorigenic cells from the body...
- DETECTION & REVERSAL OF OVARIAN CANCER DRUG RESISTANCERobert Ozols; Fiscal Year: 1992..S-transferase (GST) and increased ability of tumor cells to repair DNA damage produced by alkylating agents and cisplatin. Furthermore, we have also demonstrated that: (1) pharmacologic depletion of GSH levels with buthionine ..
- EFFECT OF GINSENG ON CISPLATIN-INDUCED EMESISChun Su Yuan; Fiscal Year: 2006DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Treatment of cancer with hemotherapeutic agents such as cisplatin is associated with severe adverse effects that not only worsen patients' quality of life but also could lead to their refusal of ..
- MECHANISMS OF CANNABINOIDS ANTIEMETIC ACTIONSNISSAR DARMANI; Fiscal Year: 2001..The chemotherapeutic agent cisplatin is the most potent emotogenic substance both in animals and man...
- Population-Specific Genetic Determinants of Susceptibility to ChemotherapiesPETER HUGH O apos DONNELL; Fiscal Year: 2009..single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) governing toxicity susceptibility to two platinum chemotherapies, cisplatin and carboplatin...
- EGFR antisense DNA added to cetuximab and radiotherapy for head and neck cancerAthanassios Argiris; Fiscal Year: 2009..However, locoregional control and survival remain suboptimal. Moreover, cisplatin-based chemoradiotherapy is associated with a high incidence of serious toxicities...
- DAWN L KONRAD-MARTIN; Fiscal Year: 2016DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Project Summary: Chemotherapeutic treatment with cisplatin is highly effective against many types of cancer...
- Dihydrodiol dehydrogenase mediates cisplatin resistanceHenry Simpkins; Fiscal Year: 2007b>Cisplatin is one of the most effective forms of chemotherapy for advanced stage ovarian cancer although it is generally used as a carboplatin taxol combination...
- Study of a FACTp140-SSRP1-associated p53 KinaseHua Lu; Fiscal Year: 2006..the properties of the p53 protein and thus its functions in response to DNA damage caused by UV radiation or cisplatin treatment...
- Molecular Correlates--Oxaliplatin/5FU/XRT, Esophageal CALakshmi Pendyala; Fiscal Year: 2002..Although cisplatin/5-fluorouracil (5FU) plus radiation (XRT) is considered standard therapy for patients with locally advanced ..
- ANTAGONISTS FOR CIS-PLATINUM NEPHROTOXICITYMark Jones; Fiscal Year: 1990....
- CIS-PLATINUM DEVELOPMENTAL OTOTOXICITYKathleen Sie; Fiscal Year: 2000....
- EXPERIMENTAL THERAPEUTICS EXPLOITING FOLATE RECEPTORSASOK ANTONY; Fiscal Year: 2002..5 to 9 days; second, transduced cells will be more receptive to the uptake of cisplatin that is encapsulated in folate-tethered liposomes (F ) which enter cells via FR, thereby predicting a lower IC50 ..
- DNA Repair Inhibition and Cancer TherapyJOHN HEARST; Fiscal Year: 2003..widely used drugs in cancer therapy are those based on platinum compounds of which the most commonly used is Cisplatin. Cisplatin's mechanism of cytotoxicity is the formation of DNA adducts, the covalent 1,2 intrastrand cross-link ..
- The role of macrophages and natural killer cells in cisplatin-induced acute renalLawrence Lu; Fiscal Year: 2007unreadable] DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The chemotherapeutic agent cisplatin and other platinum derivatives are front-line chemotherapeutic agents used in the treatment of solid tumors including ovarian, head and neck and ..