Genomes and Genes
Summary: A cadmium halide in the form of colorless crystals, soluble in water, methanol, and ethanol. It is used in photography, in dyeing, and calico printing, and as a solution to precipitate sulfides. (McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 5th ed)
Publications232 found, 100 shown here
- In vitro cytotoxicity assays: comparison of LDH, neutral red, MTT and protein assay in hepatoma cell lines following exposure to cadmium chlorideGeorge Fotakis
Pharmacy Department, King s College London, UK
Toxicol Lett 160:171-7. 2006..Two hepatoma cell lines, namely HTC and HepG2 cells, were exposed to cadmium chloride (0-300 microM) for 3, 5 and 8 h...
- [Effect on apoptosis of anterior pituitary induced by cadmium chloride and its relations with p38 MAPK & ERK1/2 passway]Xing fen Yang
Center for Disease Control and Prevention of Guangdong Province, Guangzhou 510300, China
Wei Sheng Yan Jiu 34:681-4. 2005To study the effects of cadmium chloride on anterior pituitary and the relation between p38 MAPK & ERK1/2 pathway and apoptosis induced by cadmium chloride.
- Immunohistochemical study of cell proliferation, Bcl-2, p53, and caspase-3 expression on preneoplastic changes induced by cadmium and zinc chloride in the ventral rat prostateRiánsares Arriazu
Cell Biology and Histology Laboratory, San Pablo CEU University, Madrid, and Service of Pathology, Hospital N Sra de Sonsoles, Avila, Spain
J Histochem Cytochem 54:981-90. 2006..and cell proliferation, as well as estimates of nuclear size in ventral prostate of rats treated with cadmium chloride and cadmium+zinc chloride because a possible protective effect of zinc has been postulated...
- Cadmium chloride exhibits a profound toxic effect on bacterial microflora of the mice gastrointestinal tractM Fazeli
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, School of Veterinary Medicine, Shiraz University, Shiraz, Iran
Hum Exp Toxicol 30:152-9. 2011..The gram-negative bacteria tested were less sensitive to cadmium compared to the gram-positive bacteria because of their possible different ability to uptake the metal ions...
- Increase in intracellular Cd(2+) concentration of rat cerebellar granule neurons incubated with cadmium chloride: cadmium cytotoxicity under external Ca(2+)-free conditionYumiko Nishimura
Laboratory of Cellular Signaling, Faculty of Integrated Arts and Sciences, The University of Tokushima, Minami Jyosanjima 1 1, Tokushima 770 8502, Japan
Toxicol In Vitro 20:211-6. 2006..It is suggested that some of cytotoxic actions of CdCl(2) on neurons are unrelated to external Ca(2+), one of main sources for increasing intracellular Ca(2+) concentration...
- Regulation of blood-testis barrier dynamics: an in vivo studyChing Hang Wong
Population Council, Center for Biomedical Research, 1230 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Cell Sci 117:783-98. 2004....
- Toxicant-induced leakage of germ cell-specific proteins from seminiferous tubules in the rat: relationship to blood-testis barrier integrity and prospects for biomonitoringNaomi D Elkin
Medical Research Council Human Reproductive Sciences Unit, Centre for Reproductive Biology, The Queen s Medical Research Institute, Edinburgh EH16 4TJ, UK
Toxicol Sci 117:439-48. 2010..adult male rats were treated with three testicular toxicants thought to have differing sites of action; cadmium chloride affects the blood-testis barrier (BTB), methoxyacetic acid (MAA) disrupts pachytene spermatocytes, and 1,3-..
- Comparative tissue distributions of cadmium chloride and cadmium-based quantum dot 705 in mice: Safety implications and applicationsTeng Kuang Yeh
Division of Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Research, National Health Research Institutes, Zhunan, Taiwan
Nanotoxicology 5:91-7. 2011..Whether QD705 behaves similar to Cd in vivo is of great concern. We compared the distributional kinetics of cadmium chloride (CdCl(2)) and QD705 in mice after intravenous injection...
- Role of trace elements in cadmium chloride uptake in hepatoma cell linesGeorge Fotakis
150 Stamford Street, Franklin Wilkins Building, Pharmacy Department, King s College London, London SE1 8WA, UK
Toxicol Lett 164:97-103. 2006..We studied the interaction of iron, copper, zinc and calcium channel blockers (nifedipine and verapamil) with cadmium chloride in two hepatoma cell lines (HepG2 and HTC cells) in order to determine if these trace elements can affect ..
- Chemical stress sensitive luminescent human cells: molecular biology approach using inducible Drosophila melanogaster hsp22 promoterC A Mandon
Laboratoire de Genie Enzymatique et Biomoleculaire, UMR 5013 CNRS, Universite Claude Bernard Lyon 1, 69 622 Villeurbanne Cedex, France
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 335:536-44. 2005..As a result, in the presence of 20-100 microM cadmium chloride, a 6-fold increase in luciferase expression was obtained using a specially designed truncated hsp22 promoter ..
- The inhibition effect of 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorinated dibenzo-p-dioxin-induced aryl hydrocarbon receptor activation in human hepatoma cells with the treatment of cadmium chlorideHow Ran Chao
Department of Environmental Science and Engineering, National Pingtung University of Science and Technology, Neipu, Pingtung 912, Taiwan
J Hazard Mater 170:351-6. 2009..2 microM (95% C.I.: 21.7-25.4 microM) in Huh7 cells. Accordingly, prevention of interference with non-dioxin-like compounds in a DRE-luciferase assay is of great importance in an extensive cleanup procedure...
- Exposure to cadmium chloride influences astrocyte-elevated gene-1 (AEG-1) expression in MDA-MB231 human breast cancer cellsClaudio Luparello
Dipartimento di Scienze e Tecnologie Molecolari e Biomolecolari STEMBIO, Universita di Palermo, Viale delle Scienze, 90133 Palermo, Italy
Biochimie 94:207-13. 2012....
- Inhibitory effect of plant-originated glycoprotein (27 kDa) on expression of matrix metalloproteinase-9 in cadmium chloride-induced BNL CL.2 cellsJin Lee
Biotechnology Research Institute and Center for the Control of Animal Hazards Using Biotechnology BK21, Chonnam National University, 300 Yongbong Dong, Gwang Ju, South Korea
J Trace Elem Med Biol 25:239-46. 2011..2 cells from expression of inflammation-related factors stimulated by cadmium chloride (10 μM)...
- The effects of ovariectomy and female sex hormones on hepatic metallothionein-I gene expression after injection of cadmium chloride in miceN Sogawa
Department of Dental Pharmacology, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, 2 5 1 Shikata cho, Okayama 700 8525, Japan
Pharmacol Res 44:53-7. 2001..These results suggest that the expression of hepatic MT-I mRNA after Cd injection is influenced by female sex hormones...
- Cadmium chloride-induced oxidative stress and DNA damage in the human Jurkat T cell line is not linked to intracellular trace elements depletionSaïd Nemmiche
Departement de Biologie, Faculte des Sciences, université de Tlemcen, Tlemcen, Algeria
Toxicol In Vitro 25:191-8. 2011....
- Cadmium induces phosphorylation of p53 at serine 15 in MCF-7 cellsM Matsuoka
Department of Environmental Toxicology, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, Kitakyushu, 807 8555, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 282:1120-5. 2001..The present results showed that cadmium induces phosphorylation of p53 at Ser 15 in MCF-7 cells depending on phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase related kinases, but not on mitogen-activated protein kinases...
- Malignant transformation and abnormal expression of eukaryotic initiation factor in bronchial epithelial cells induced by cadmium chlorideYi Xiong Lei
Department of Preventive Medicine, Guangzhou Medical College, Guangzhou 510182, Guangdong, China
Biomed Environ Sci 21:332-8. 2008To analyze the relationship between malignant transformation and abnormal expression of eukaryotic initiation factor 3 (eIF3 p36) in human bronchial epithelial (16HBE) cells induced by cadmium chloride (CdCl2).
- Effects of cadmium chloride on the cultured human lens epithelial cellsNang Hee Song
Department of Ophthalomology, Chosun University College of Medicine, Gwangju, Republic of Korea
Mol Vis 18:983-8. 2012To investigate cadmium chloride cytotoxicity in human lens epithelial cells as well as the mode of cell death and its mechanism.
- Effect of cadmium chloride on secretion of 17β-estradiol by the ovarian follicles of common carp, Cyprinus carpioSumana Das
Department of Zoology, Maulana Azad College, Kolkata 700013, West Bengal, India
Gen Comp Endocrinol 181:107-14. 2013..Cd(2+) exposure is also reported to inhibit gonadal function in fish. In the present study the effects of cadmium chloride (CdCl(2)) on the secretion of gonadotropin-induced 17β-estradiol was examined in female common carp Cyprinus ..
- Characterisation of the acute and reversible airway inflammation induced by cadmium chloride inhalation in healthy dogs and evaluation of the effects of salbutamol and prednisoloneM Bolognin
Department for Clinical Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Liege, Liege, Belgium
Vet J 179:443-50. 2009..study were firstly to characterise a model of subclinical and reversible bronchial inflammation induced by cadmium chloride inhalation in healthy dogs and then to examine the effect of prednisolone or salbutamol treatment on the ..
- Role of the cytoskeleton in Cd2+-induced death of mouse mesangial cellsYing Liu
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, University of Toronto, 1 King s College Circle, Toronto, ON M5S 1A8, Canada
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 88:341-52. 2010..We conclude that Cd2+-dependent actin disruption is a downstream event facilitating apoptotic death. Cadmium-dependent cell death involves actin-dependent mitochondrial changes, ROS production, and p38 activation...
- Cadmium induced-oxidative stress in pituitary gland is reversed by removing the contamination sourceEliana A Miler
Departamento de Quimica Biologica, IQUIFIB, Facultad de Farmacia y Bioquimica, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Hum Exp Toxicol 29:873-80. 2010....
- Synergistic effect of cadmium chloride and acetaldehyde on cytotoxicity and its prevention by quercetin and glycyrrhizinC C Hu
Institute of Biochemistry, Chung Shan Medical and Dental College, Taichung, Taiwan, ROC
Mutat Res 496:117-27. 2001b>Cadmium chloride at concentrations of 10-50mM and acetaldehyde (AA) at 1-5mM showed synergistic toxic effects on V79 cells in vitro...
- Alternative expression and sequence of human elongation factor-1 delta during malignant transformation of human bronchial epithelial cells induced by cadmium chlorideYi Xiong Lei
Department of Preventive Medicine, Guangzhou Medical University, Guangzhou 510182, Guangdong, China
Biomed Environ Sci 23:151-7. 2010To study the alternative expression and sequence of human elongation factor-1 delta (human EF-1 delta p31) during malignant transformation of human bronchial epithelial cells induced by cadmium chloride (CdC12) and its possible mechanism.
- A study on the investigation of cadmium chloride genotoxicity in rat bone marrow using micronucleus test and chromosome aberration analysisAyla Celik
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science and Letters, Mersin University, Turkey
Toxicol Ind Health 21:243-8. 2005In this study, we investigated the genotoxic and cytotoxic potential of cadmium chloride (CdCl2) in Wistar rat tibia bone marrow cells, using the structural chromosomal aberration (SCA) and micronucleus (MN) test systems...
- Cadmium, zinc and iron interactions in the tissues of bank vole Clethrionomys glareolus after exposure to low and high doses of cadmium chlorideRenata Swiergosz-Kowalewska
Department of Ecotoxicology, Institute of Environmental Sciences, Jagiellonian University, Gronostajowa 7, 30 387, Krakow, Poland
Biometals 20:743-9. 2007..Cadmium affected the survival and body masses of dosed females. Cadmium decreased the iron concentrations in the liver of voles, whereas zinc concentrations increased in both the kidney and liver...
- Attenuation of cadmium chloride induced cytotoxicity in murine hepatocytes by a protein isolated from the leaves of the herb Cajanus indicus LMahua Sinha
Department of Chemistry, Bose Institute, Kolkata, 700009, West Bengal, India
Arch Toxicol 81:397-406. 2007..For this study, cadmium chloride (CdCl(2)) has been used as the source of cadmium...
- Comparison of the sensitivity of different toxicological endpoints in Caco-2 cells after cadmium chloride treatmentMonica Boveri
ECVAM, Institute for Health and Consumer Protection, Joint Research Centre, European Commission, Via Enrico Fermi 1, 21020 Ispra VA, Italy
Arch Toxicol 78:201-6. 2004..The human colorectal adenocarcinoma cell line Caco-2 is a widely used in vitro model of the intestinal barrier. Cadmium chloride (CdCl(2)) is a highly toxic metal compound, ubiquitous in the biosphere, able to enter the food chain and to ..
- Cadmium-induced apoptotic death of human retinal pigment epithelial cells is mediated by MAPK pathwayNilesh M Kalariya
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555, USA
Exp Eye Res 89:494-502. 2009..The toxic effects of Cd on ARPE-19 cells indicate that environmental heavy metals such as Cd could be important potential factors in RPE cells death associated retinal diseases particularly related to smoking...
- Antigenotoxic effect of mangiferin and changes in antioxidant enzyme levels of Swiss albino mice treated with cadmium chlorideE Kasi Viswanadh
Division of Biotechnology, Manipal Life Sciences Centre, Manipal University, Manipal, India
Hum Exp Toxicol 29:409-18. 2010..In this study, the protective role of MGN against cadmium chloride (CdCl(2))-induced genotoxicity was studied in Swiss albino mice...
- Cadmium chloride-induced dysplastic changes in the ventral rat prostate: an immunohistochemical and quantitative studyJ J Martin
Department of Anaesthesiology, Hospital Ramon y Cajal, Madrid, Spain
Prostate 46:11-20. 2001b>Cadmium chloride is an environmental toxic that might be implicated in human prostate carcinogenesis...
- Gadolinium chloride pretreatment prevents cadmium chloride-induced liver damage in both wild-type and MT-null miceEric B Harstad
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology, and Therapeutics, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas, 66160 7140
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 180:178-85. 2002..In summary, these data substantially rule out MT induction and decrease the importance of Kupffer cells as mechanisms of GdCl3-induced protection from Cd-induced hepatotoxicity...
- Particle size-dependent total mass deposition in lungs determines inhalation toxicity of cadmium chloride aerosols in rats. Application of a multiple path dosimetry modelFlemming R Cassee
National Institute of Public Health and Environment RIVM, Laboratory of Health Effects Research, PO Box 1, 3720 BA Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Arch Toxicol 76:277-86. 2002..Anjilvel and B. Asgharian (1995, Fundam Appl Toxicol 28:41-50). This paper describes studies using cadmium chloride (CdCl(2)) as a model for toxic aerosol particles to (1) investigate the role of particle size in the ..
- Metallothionein-null mice are more susceptible than wild-type mice to chronic CdCl(2)-induced bone injuryS S Habeebu
Center for Environmental and Occupational Health, Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology and Therapeutics, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas 66160 7417, USA
Toxicol Sci 56:211-9. 2000....
- Induction of micronuclei and binuclei in blood, gill and liver cells of fishes subchronically exposed to cadmium chloride and copper sulphateTolga Cavas
Department of Biology, Faculty of Sciences and Letters, Mersin University, Ciftlikkoy, 33342 Mersin, Turkey
Food Chem Toxicol 43:569-74. 2005..The suitability of the micronucleus assay in native fish species for the screening of aquatic genotoxicants is highlighted and the importance of target tissue selection in the piscine micronucleus test is emphasized...
- Eukaryotic translation initiation factor 4E is a cellular target for toxicity and death due to exposure to cadmium chlorideSreekumar Othumpangat
Molecular Carcinogenesis Laboratory, Toxicology and Molecular Biology Branch, Biostatistics and Epidemiology Branch, Health Effects Laboratory Division, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Morgantown, West Virginia 26505, USA
J Biol Chem 280:25162-9. 2005..Exposure of human cell lines, HCT15, PLC/PR/5, HeLa, and Chang, to cadmium chloride resulted in cytotoxicity and cell death, and this was associated with a significant decrease in eIF4E protein ..
- Is cadmium chloride-induced inter-sertoli tight junction permeability barrier disruption a suitable in vitro model to study the events of junction disassembly during spermatogenesis in the rat testis?N P Chung
The Population Council, Center for Biomedical Research, New York, New York 10021, USA
Endocrinology 142:1878-88. 2001..Based on these results, it is apparent that CdCl(2)-induced inter-Sertoli TJ disassembly is a potential in vitro model to study the events of junction disassembly...
- Morphological characterisation of BGM (Buffalo Green Monkey) cell line exposed to low doses of cadmium chlorideD Romero
Department of Toxicology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Murcia, Espinardo Campus, E 30100, Murcia, Spain
Toxicol In Vitro 17:293-9. 2003..062 mM, equivalent to EC(10)-effective concentration 10%) of cadmium chloride have been evaluated...
- Tumor necrosis factor-alpha-null mice are not resistant to cadmium chloride-induced hepatotoxicityEric B Harstad
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology, and Therapeutics, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas 66160, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 179:155-62. 2002..No significant increase in caspase-3 activity was detected in any of the Cd-treated mice. These data indicate that, in contrast to LPS/Gln-induced hepatotoxicity, TNF-alpha does not appear to mediate Cd-induced hepatotoxicity...
- Cadmium exposure modifies lactotrophs activity associated to genomic and morphological changes in rat pituitary anterior lobeAna Maria Calderoni
Laboratorio de Quimica Biologica, Facultad de Quimica, Bioquimica y Farmacia, Universidad Nacional de San Luis, IMIBIO SL CONICET, Avenida Ejercito de los Andes 950, D5700HHW San Luis, Argentina
Biometals 23:135-43. 2010..Cd modifies the lactotrophs activity of pituitary gland through biochemical, genomic and morphological changes and contributes directly or indirectly to the levels of serum prolactin...
- Cadmium concentrations in the testes, sperm, and spermatids of mice subjected to long-term cadmium chloride exposureG Bench
Center for Accelerator Mass Spectrometry, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, California 94550, USA
Cytometry 35:30-6. 1999..The purpose of this study was to determine whether mice subjected to long-term intraperitoneal cadmium exposure incorporated cadmium into their sperm chromatin...
- Lipid peroxidation and HSP72/73 expression in rat following cadmium chloride administration: interactions of magnesium supplementationManel Boujelben
Laboratoire d Ecophysiologie Animale de la Faculté des Sciences de Sfax, BP 802 3018 Sfax, Tunisie
Exp Toxicol Pathol 57:437-43. 2006..HSP72/73 expression was not significantly increased by Cd and HSP73 was even lowered in kidney, probably due to the strong dose used. These results were not modified by Mg injections...
- Arsenic induces expression of the multidrug resistance-associated protein 2 (MRP2) gene in primary rat and human hepatocytesL Vernhet
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale U456, Detoxication et Reparation Tissulaire, Faculte des Sciences Pharmaceutiques et Biologiques, Universite de Rennes I, Rennes, France
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 298:234-9. 2001..rat hepatocytes by sodium arsenite [As(III)], sodium arsenate and potassium antimony tartrate, but not cadmium chloride, was shown to markedly increase MRP2 mRNA and protein levels; As(III)-mediated induction was dose- and time-..
- Reversal of cadmium chloride-induced oxidative stress and genotoxicity by Adhatoda vasica extract in Swiss albino miceTamanna Jahangir
Section of Chemoprevention and Nutrition Toxicology, Department of Medical Elementology and Toxicology, Jamia Hamdard Hamdard University, Hamdard Nagar, New Delhi 110062, India
Biol Trace Elem Res 111:217-28. 2006..In the present study, we evaluated the antioxidant and anticlastogenic efficacy of A. vasica against cadmium chloride (CdCl2)-induced renal oxidative stress and genotoxicity in Swiss albino mice...
- Differential responses to cadmium induced oxidative stress in marine macroalga Ulva lactuca (Ulvales, Chlorophyta)Manoj Kumar
Discipline of Marine Biotechnology and Ecology, Central Salt and Marine Chemicals Research Institute, Council of Scientific and Industrial Research CSIR, Bhavnagar 364021, India
Biometals 23:315-25. 2010..Induction of antioxidant enzymes and LOX isoforms together with storage of putrescine and n - 6 PUFAs in cadmium exposed thallus in the present study reveal their potential role in Cd(2+) induced oxidative stress in U. lactuca...
- iNOS-null mice are not resistant to cadmium chloride-induced hepatotoxicityEric B Harstad
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology, and Therapeutics, University of Kansas Medical Center, 3901 Rainbow Blvd, Kansas City, KS 66160 7417, USA
Toxicology 175:83-90. 2002..The liver injury produced by Cd in the iNOS-KO mice was not different from that in WT at any dose. These data indicate that iNOS does not appear to mediate Cd-induced hepatotoxicity...
- Rapid and highly sensitive detection of cadmium chloride induced cytotoxicity using the HSP70B' promoter in live cellsKen Ichi Wada
Bionic Materials Technology Group, Biomaterials Center, National Institute for Materials Science, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Biotechnol Bioeng 92:410-5. 2005..the heat shock protein 70B' (HSP70B') gene could be used as a functional promoter to detect cytotoxicity of cadmium chloride. We thus detected cytotoxicity induced by cadmium chloride with the luciferase assay using this functional ..
- Cadmium chloride-induced DNA and lysosomal damage in a hepatoma cell lineGeorge Fotakis
Department of Pharmacy, Franklin Wilkins Building, 150 Stamford Street, King s College London, London SE1 8WA, UK
Toxicol In Vitro 19:481-9. 2005..The aim of this study was to investigate the biochemical effects of cadmium chloride in a rat hepatoma cell line (HTC cells) and the cellular events mediating DNA damage...
- Cadmium chloride-induced oxidative stress in skeletal muscle cells in vitroClaudia Lumy Yano
Departamento de Fisiologia e Biofísica e Departamento de Biologia Celular, Instituto de Biologia, Universidade Estadual de Campinas UNICAMP, CP 6109, 13083 970, Campinas, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Free Radic Biol Med 39:1378-84. 2005The effects of cadmium chloride (CdCl(2)) on oxidative stress in the skeletal muscle cell line C(2)C(12) were investigated. Myoblast cells that differentiated into myotubes were treated with CdCl(2) (1, 3, 5, 7.5, 10, and 12...
- Pluchea lanceolata attenuates cadmium chloride induced oxidative stress and genotoxicity in Swiss albino miceTamanna Jahangir
Section of Chemoprevention and Nutrition Toxicology, Department of Medical Elementology and Toxicology, Jamia Hamdard Hamdard University, Hamdard Nagar, New Delhi 110062, India
J Pharm Pharmacol 57:1199-204. 2005..At 24 h after treatment with a single intraperitoneal dose of cadmium chloride (5 mg kg-1), Swiss albino mice showed a significant increase in the levels of malanodialdehyde and xanthine ..
- Dithiocarbamate fungicide thiram detection: comparison of bioluminescent and fluorescent whole-cell bioassays based on hsp22 stress promoter inductionC A Mandon
Laboratoire de Genie Enzymatique et Biomoleculaire, UMR 5013 CNRS, Universite Claude Bernard Lyon 1, Villeurbanne, France
J Biotechnol 124:392-402. 2006..Well characterized toxicants, cadmium chloride and thiram (a dithiocarbamate fungicide), were used to optimize the detection conditions such as time-course ..
- Expression of hsp 27, hsp 60, hsc 70, and hsp 70 by immortalized human proximal tubule cells (HK-2) following exposure to heat shock, sodium arsenite, or cadmium chlorideD Kim
Program in Genetics and Developmental Biology, West Virginia University, Morgantown 26506-9251, USA
J Toxicol Environ Health A 63:475-93. 2001..was determined in immortalized human proximal tubule cells (HK-2) exposed to heat shock, sodium arsenite, or cadmium chloride (CdCl2) under both acute and extended conditions of exposure...
- Applications of gene arrays in environmental toxicology: fingerprints of gene regulation associated with cadmium chloride, benzo(a)pyrene, and trichloroethyleneM Bartosiewicz
Department of Molecular Biosciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis, California 95616, USA
Environ Health Perspect 109:71-4. 2001..proteins, cytokines, and housekeeping genes to examine gene expression patterns in the liver in response to cadmium chloride, benzo(a)pyrene (BaP), and trichloroethylene (TCE)...
- Cytotoxicity and transcriptional activation of stress genes in human liver carcinoma cells (HepG2) exposed to cadmium chlorideP B Tchounwou
NIH-Center for Environmental Health, School of Science and Technology, Jackson State University, MS 39217, USA
Mol Cell Biochem 222:21-8. 2001..In this research, we performed the MTT assay for cell viability to assess the cytotoxicity of cadmium chloride (CdCl2), and the CAT-Tox (L) assay to measure the induction of stress genes in thirteen different recombinant ..
- Cytoprotective and antioxidant role of diallyl tetrasulfide on cadmium induced renal injury: an in vivo and in vitro studyL Pari
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Science, Annamalai University, Annamalainagar 608002, Tamilnadu, India
Life Sci 80:650-8. 2007..The present study suggests that the cytoprotective potential of DTS in Cd toxicity might be due to its antioxidant and metal chelating properties, which could be useful for achieving optimum effects in Cd induced renal damage...
- Characterization and in vitro cytotoxicity testing of ethanolamine-derived cadmium chelating agentsMikhail Zhukalin
Departments of Chemistry, Albertson College of Idaho, Caldwell, Idaho 83605 4432, USA
Biometals 20:61-72. 2007..MTT assays showed that administration of 3 (cadmium complex of 1) resulted in cytotoxicity lower than that of cadmium chloride, but higher than that of the chelator 1 alone...
- Regulation of ion channel localization and phosphorylation by neuronal activityHiroaki Misonou
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, University of California, Davis, California 95616, USA
Nat Neurosci 7:711-8. 2004..Our finding that neuronal activity modifies the phosphorylation state, localization and function of Kv2.1 suggests an important link between excitatory neurotransmission and the intrinsic excitability of pyramidal neurons...
- Anatomical and functional evidence for a role of arginine-vasopressin (AVP) in rat olfactory epithelium cellsGrégoire Levasseur
Unité de Neurobiologie de l Olfaction et de la Prise Alimentaire, Equipe Récepteurs et Communications Cellulaires, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Domaine de Vilvert, 78352 Jouy en Josas Cedex
Eur J Neurosci 20:658-70. 2004..V1b-R were strongly associated with Bowman's gland cells and globose basal cells. These localizations suggested potential multifaceted roles of a hormone, AVP, in the olfactory epithelium...
- Brain-derived neurotrophic factor facilitates glutamate and inhibits GABA release from hippocampal synaptosomes through different mechanismsNuno Canas
Laboratory of Neurosciences, Faculty of Medicine, University of Lisbon, Av Prof Egas Moniz, Lisbon 1649 028, Portugal
Brain Res 1016:72-8. 2004..It is concluded that BDNF influences in an opposite way, through distinct mechanisms, the release of glutamate and the release of GABA from hippocampal synaptosomes...
- Rat liver glutathione S-transferase activity stimulation following acute cadmium or manganese intoxicationElisabetta Casalino
Sezione di Chimica e Biochimica Veterinaria del Dipartimento Farmaco Biologico, Universita degli Studi di Bari, Str Prov Per Casamassima, km 3, 70010 Valenzano, Bari, Italy
Toxicology 200:29-38. 2004..22 microM. The possibility that under the conditions used class alpha GST isoenzymes are affected by cadmium or manganese is discussed...
- Oral administration of diphenyl diselenide protects against cadmium-induced liver damage in ratsLysandro Pinto Borges
Departamento de Quimica, Centro de Ciencias Naturais e Exatas, Universidade Federal de Santa Maria, Santa Maria CEP 97105 900, RS, Brazil
Chem Biol Interact 171:15-25. 2008..In the present study, the effect of diphenyl diselenide, (PhSe)(2), on sub-chronic exposure with cadmium chloride (CdCl(2)) was investigated in rats...
- Metal binding of metallothioneins in human astrocytomas (U87 MG, IPDDC-2A)Magda Tusek Znidaric
National Institute of Biology, Vecna pot 111, 1000, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Biometals 20:781-92. 2007..cell lines, U87 MG (astrocytoma-glioblastoma, grade IV) and IPDDC-2A (astrocytoma, grade II), on exposure to cadmium chloride (1 microM)...
- Regulation of synaptic input to hypothalamic presympathetic neurons by GABA(B) receptorsQ Chen
Department of Anesthesiology, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Neuroscience 142:595-606. 2006..This presynaptic action of GABA(B) receptors is mediated by the N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive G(i/o) proteins, but independent of voltage-gated Ca2+ and K+ channels...
- Effects of zinc and cadmium on HgCl2-delta-ALA-D inhibition and Hg levels in tissues of suckling ratsNilce C Peixoto
Departamento de Quimica, Centro de Ciencias Naturais e Exatas, Universidade Federal de Santa Maria, Campus Universitário Camobi, 97105 900 Santa Maria, RS, Brazil
Toxicol Lett 146:17-25. 2003..Although the MT is rich in cysteine (-SH) and consequently can form a great number of MT-Hg complex, other mechanisms should be also involved in zinc protection on mercury toxicity...
- [Activity of 5-aminolevulinate synthase in rat liver during degradation of cytochrome P-450 caused by administration of cadmium chloride]P A Kaliman
Karazin Kharkov National University, Ukraine, Kharkiv
Ukr Biokhim Zh 75:99-102. 2003..Preliminary administration of alpha-tocopherol prevented changes of studied parameters 24 h after CdCl2 administration. The relationship between decrease of cytochrome P-450 level and 5-aminolevulinate synthase activation are discussed...
- Potential effect on cellular response to cadmium of a single-nucleotide A --> G polymorphism in the promoter of the human gene for metallothionein IIAKayoko Kita
Laboratory of Molecular and Biochemical Toxicology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
Hum Genet 120:553-60. 2006..These results suggest that the A --> G single-nucleotide polymorphism reduces the efficiency of those aspects of the transcription of the gene for MT-IIA that are controlled by general transcription factors...
- Clotrimazole, an antifungal drug possessing diverse actions, increases the vulnerability to cadmium in lymphocytes dissociated from rat thymusTomohiro M Oyama
Laboratory of Cell Signaling, Faculty of Integrated Arts and Sciences, The University of Tokushima, Tokushima 770 8502, Japan
Toxicology 228:269-79. 2006..It is also the case for PbCl(2), but not the case for HgCl(2). It is concluded that clotrimazole can modulate the cytotoxicity of some heavy metals...
- Comparison of transfer and effects of Cd on rats exposed in a short experimental snail-rat food chain or to CdCl2 dosed foodF Hispard
University of Franche Comte, Department of Environmental Biology, EA 3184 aff INRA, Place Leclerc, 25030 Besancon Cedex, France
Environ Int 34:381-9. 2008..This quantification of the trophic transfer of both inorganic and organic forms of a toxicant is a basis for a better assessment of the fate and effects of chemicals in food webs...
- Comparative hepatic and renal toxicity of cadmium in male and female ratsUdita Gubrelay
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Defence Research and Development Establishment, Jhansi Road, Gwalior 474 002, India
J Environ Biol 25:65-73. 2004Rats (male and female) were exposed to 0.5 mg/kg and 1 mg/kg cadmium as cadmium chloride for 3 days and subsequently sacrificed for cadmium concentration and other biochemical variables indicative of hepatic and renal damage...
- Cadmium inhibits delta-aminolevulinate dehydratase from rat lung in vitro: interaction with chelating and antioxidant agentsCristiane Luchese
Departamento de Quimica, Centro de Ciencias Naturais e Exatas, Universidade Federal de Santa Maria, Santa Maria, CEP 97105 900, RS, Brazil
Chem Biol Interact 165:127-37. 2007..In contrast, these compounds potentiated the inhibition induced by Cd(2+) in rat lung...
- Acute cadmium intoxication induces alpha-class glutathione S-transferase protein synthesis and enzyme activity in rat liverElisabetta Casalino
Department of Pharmaco Biology, Laboratory of Veterinary Biochemistry, University of Bari, Str Prv per Casamassima, km 3, 70100 Valenzano, Bari, Italy
Toxicology 217:240-5. 2006....
- The Nrf2 transcription factor contributes to the induction of alpha-class GST isoenzymes in liver of acute cadmium or manganese intoxicated rats: comparison with the toxic effect on NAD(P)H:quinone reductaseElisabetta Casalino
Unit of Veterinary Biochemistry, Department of Pharmaco Biology, University of Bari, Str Prov per Casamassima Km 3, 70010 Valenzano, Bari, Italy
Toxicology 237:24-34. 2007....
- Effect of spirulina and Liv-52 on cadmium induced toxicity in albino ratsK Jeyaprakash
Department of Biochemistry, Dr NGPArts and Science College, Kovai Medical Center Research and Educational Trust, Coimbatore 641 014, India
Indian J Exp Biol 43:773-81. 2005Oral administration of cadmium (6mg/kg body weight/day) as cadmium chloride (CdCl2) for 30 days resulted in a significant increase in thiobarbituric acid reactive substances (TBARS) level and a decrease in the levels of copper, zinc, iron,..
- Effect of zinc supplementation on bone metabolism in male rats chronically exposed to cadmiumMalgorzata M Brzóska
Department of Toxicology, Medical University of Bialystok, Mickiewicza 2c, 15 222 Bialystok, Poland
Toxicology 237:89-103. 2007..The findings seem to indicate that enhanced dietary intake of Zn in subjects chronically exposed to moderate and relatively high Cd levels may have a protective influence on the skeleton...
- Effects of diallyl tetrasulfide on cadmium-induced oxidative damage in the liver of ratsP Murugavel
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Science, Annamalai University, Annamalainagar 608002, Tamil Nadu, India
Hum Exp Toxicol 26:527-34. 2007..Our results suggest that DTS might play a vital role in protecting Cd-induced oxidative damage in the liver...
- Divalent metal transport in the green microalga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii is mediated by a protein similar to prokaryotic Nramp homologuesAlexandra Rosakis
Environmental Microbiology and Molecular Ecotoxicology, Swiss Federal Institute for Environmental Science and Technology EAWAG, Uberlandstrasse 133, CH 8600 Duebendorf, Switzerland
Biometals 18:107-20. 2005..reinhardtii DMT1 has a broad specificity, acting in the transport of several divalent metals (manganese, iron, cadmium, copper), but excluding zinc...
- Presynaptic alpha-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazolepropionic acid (AMPA) receptors modulate release of inhibitory amino acids in rat spinal cord dorsal hornH S Engelman
Department of Physiology and Cellular Biophysics and the Center for Neurobiology and Behavior, Columbia University, 630 West 168th Street, New York, NY 10032, USA
Neuroscience 139:539-53. 2006....
- Comparative studies on the uptake and effects of cadmium and zinc on the cellular energy allocation of two freshwater gastropodsL Moolman
Department of Zoology, Kingsway Campus, University of Johannesburg, P O Box 524, Auckland Park 2006, South Africa
Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 68:443-50. 2007..A combined study on metal uptake and biomarker responses in organisms allows the ability to make interspecies sensitivity comparisons in ecotoxicological studies...
- Cadmium down-regulates human OGG1 through suppression of Sp1 activityCha Kyung Youn
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, Chosun University, 375 Seosuk dong, Gwangju 501 759, Korea
J Biol Chem 280:25185-95. 2005....
- The nitric oxide prodrug, V-PYRRO/NO, protects against cadmium toxicity and apoptosis at the cellular levelWei Qu
Inorganic Carcinogenesis Section, Laboratory of Comparative Carcinogenesis, National Cancer Institute at the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, NC, USA
Nitric Oxide 12:114-20. 2005..Thus, the prodrug, V-PYRRO/NO, protects against the adverse effects of cadmium directly within rat liver cells apparently through generation of NO and, at least in part, by facilitation of cadmium-induced MT synthesis...
- Adrenomedullin fails to reduce cadmium-induced oxidative damage in rat liverMukaddes Esrefoglu
Department of Histology and Embryology, Medical Faculty, Inonu University, Malatya 44280, Turkey
Exp Toxicol Pathol 58:367-74. 2007..We conclude that although we administered a high dose of adrenomedullin, it failed to reduce cadmium-induced hepatic damage probably because of the irreversibility of Cd-induced hepatic injury...
- Heavy metal toxicity in Exosphaeroma gigas (Crustacea, Isopoda) from the coastal zone of Beagle ChannelErica Giarratano
Centro Austral de Investigaciones Científicas CADIC CONICET, Av B Houssay 200, P O Box 92, V9410BFD Ushuaia, Tierra del Fuego, Argentina
Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 68:451-62. 2007..In general terms, O:N atomic ratios indicated a preponderant protein metabolism. Bioaccumulation of assayed metals was higher at lowest salinity and increased with increasing toxic concentrations...
- Effect and mechanism of cadmium on the progesterone synthesis of ovariesWenchang Zhang
Department of Occupational and Environmental, School of Public Health, Fujian Medical University, Major in Reproduction Toxicology and Enviroment Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals, Fujian, China
Toxicology 239:204-12. 2007..The mechanisms were mainly controlled by the cAMP-dependent pathway...
- The hepatoprotective effects of selenium against cadmium toxicity in ratsA A Newairy
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Science, Alexandria University, Alexandria, Egypt
Toxicology 242:23-30. 2007..p.) daily for 10 days. The second group (cadmium chloride-treated group) received 2 mg/kg body weight cadmium chloride solution i.p. for a period of 10 days...
- Modulation of transmitter release by presynaptic resting potential and background calcium levelsGautam B Awatramani
Oregon Hearing Research Center Vollum Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97239, USA
Neuron 48:109-21. 2005..Together, these studies suggest that control of resting potential is a powerful means for regulating synaptic function at mammalian synapses...
- [Heme oxygenase activity in rat organs during cadmium chloride administration]E V Strel'chenko
Karazin Kharkiv National University
Ukr Biokhim Zh 74:107-11. 2002..However, the increase in the ascorbat-induced LPO in these organs was completely blocked. The role of heme and LPO in the heme oxygenase induction by CdCl2 are discussed...
- Molecular cloning of the rat metallothionein 1 (MT-1) mRNA sequenceR D Andersen
DNA 2:15-22. 1983Starting with liver mRNA from cadmium chloride-treated rats, we constructed a cDNA library. A mouse metallothionein 1 (MT-1) cDNA restriction fragment (Durnam et al...
- A comparison of 60, 70, and 90 kDa stress protein expression in normal rat NRK-52 and human HK-2 kidney cell lines following in vitro exposure to arsenite and cadmium alone or in combinationEmily F Madden
Program in Toxicology, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD 21227, USA
J Biochem Mol Toxicol 16:24-32. 2002..These data indicate a dose- and combination-related correlation between depression of the stress protein response and the onset of overt cellular toxicity and/or cell death. The threshold for these changes was cell line specific...
- Differential hepatotoxicity induced by cadmium in Fischer 344 and Sprague-Dawley ratsRobert K Kuester
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Center for Toxicology, The University of Arizona, P O Box 210207, Tucson, Arizona 85721 0207, USA
Toxicol Sci 65:151-9. 2002..These protective factors may limit CdCl2-induced hepatocellular injury in SD compared with F344 rats by reducing KC activation and the subsequent inflammatory response that allows for the progression of hepatic injury...
- Protective effect of metallothionein against the toxicity of cadmium and other metals(1)J D Park
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology and Therapeutics, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS 66160-7417, USA
Toxicology 163:93-100. 2001..These results suggest that MT is an important protein in the cellular defense against Cd toxicity and lethality, but it provides much less protection against the lethality of the other metals...
- Cu-metallothioneins (Cu(I)8-MTs) in LEC rat livers 13 weeks after birth still act as antioxidantsN Shishido
Department of Chemistry, Asahikawa Medical College, Japan
Arch Biochem Biophys 387:216-22. 2001..Cu2+-catalyzed oxidation of DNA was strongly inhibited both in the presence of Cu-unsaturated MTs and GSH. The results suggest that Cu(I)8-MTs from LEC rat livers just before hepatitis still act as antioxidants...
- Unique gene expression patterns in liver and kidney associated with exposure to chemical toxicantsM J Bartosiewicz
Department of Molecular Biosciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis, California, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 297:895-905. 2001....
- Excessive activation of cyclic nucleotide-gated channels contributes to neuronal degeneration of photoreceptorsGéraldine Vallazza-Deschamps
Laboratoire de Physiopathologie Cellulaire et Moleculaire de la Retine, INSERM U 592, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Bâtiment Kourilsky 6ème étage, 75571 Paris Cedex 12, France
Eur J Neurosci 22:1013-22. 2005....
- Chemical modulation of metallothionein I and III mRNA in mouse brainH Zheng
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology and Therapeutics, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City 66160 7417, USA
Neurochem Int 27:43-58. 1995..mice and mice given chemicals known to increase MT-I, namely, lipopolysaccharide (LPS), zinc chloride (Zn), cadmium chloride (Cd), dexamethasone (Dex), ethanol, and kainic acid (KA)...
- A mutant mouse (tx) with increased hepatic metallothionein stability and accumulationJ Koropatnick
Department of Oncology, University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
Biochem J 296:443-9. 1993..These animals may provide a useful model to study the physiological role of MT, and human diseases (such as Wilson's disease) with abnormal copper metabolism...
- Functional studies on alpha 1-adrenoceptor subtypes mediating inotropic effects in rat right ventricleM C Michel
Department of Medicine, University of Essen, Germany
Br J Pharmacol 111:539-46. 1994..Therefore, we speculate that alpha 1B-adrenoceptors exert a tonic inhibitory effect on alpha 1A-adrenoceptors...
- Radioligand binding studies of alpha 1-adrenoceptor subtypes in rat heartM C Michel
Department of Medicine, University of Essen, Germany
Br J Pharmacol 111:533-8. 1994..Treatment withchloroethylclonidine reduces alpha 1B-adrenoceptor number by 96% but has only minor effects on alpha 1A-adrenoceptor density. Treatment with CdCl2 does not affect the number of either alpha 1-adrenoceptor subtype...
- Exposure of human proximal tubule cells to cytotoxic levels of CdCl2 induces the additional expression of metallothionein 1A mRNAJ E Bylander
Robert C Byrd Health Sciences Center, Department of Pathology, West Virginia University, Morgantown 26506, USA
Toxicol Lett 76:209-17. 1995..The finding of different profiles of mRNA expression provides evidence that the MT isoforms may have unique functions and that mRNA for the MT-1A gene could be a potential marker for heavy metal exposure and/or toxicity...
- Expression of the mRNA of heme-binding protein 23 is coordinated with that of heme oxygenase-1 by heme and heavy metals in primary rat hepatocytes and hepatoma cellsS Immenschuh
Department of Pediatrics, Cornell University Medical College, New York, New York 10021, USA
Biochemistry 34:13407-11. 1995..The data suggest that the expression of HBP23 and HO-1 mRNA is regulated by (a) similar mechanism(s) in liver and that both genes could play a common physiological role as antioxidants and/or in heme metabolism...
- Relationship between toxicity and cadmium accumulation in rats given low amounts of cadmium chloride or cadmium-polluted rice for 22 monthsM Shibutani
Division of Pathology, National Institute of Health Sciences, 1-18-1 Kamiyoga, Setagaya-ku, Tokyo 158-8501, Japan
J Toxicol Sci 26:337-58. 2001..Possible protective mechanisms may be operating...
- Pifithrin-alpha (PFT-alpha) caused differential protection of rat liver cells and HepG2 cell line in response to the selective cytotoxicity of arsenic and cadmiumRowshan A Begum
Jackson State University, Department of Biology, Jackson, MS 39217, USA
Biomed Sci Instrum 38:41-6. 2002..In contrast, there was significant difference in the protection of rat liver cells upon exposure to arsenic. We conclude that Pifithrin-alpha exhibits protection to normal cells, which can play an important role in cancer chemotherapy...
- TRANSPORT MECHANISMS IN CORNEAL ENDOTHELIUMJorge Fischbarg; Fiscal Year: 2004..markers, and determinations of the coupling ratio after junctional modification by agents including cadmium chloride, protamine, and polylysine...
- ENVIRONMENTAL TOXICANT EFFECTS ON PERINATAL DEVELOPMENTRaymond Harbison; Fiscal Year: 1980..Methyl mercuric chloride and cadmium chloride may penetrate the placental vesicular membrane more readily since a long preincubation is not required for ..
- HEAT SHOCK PROTEINS IN SERTOLI CELL TOXICITYMICHAEL BRABEC; Fiscal Year: 1992..Dibromochloropropane (DBCP), cadmium chloride (Cd) and methoxyethanol depress sperm counts...
- ACUTE LUNG INJURY: PATHOLOGY OF DRUG MODIFIED REPAIRKenneth Palmer; Fiscal Year: 1980..of normal tissue repair processes in the lung following a well defined acute injury such as that induced by cadmium chloride (CDCL2) aerosol inhalation or by a common food additive butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT); injuries which have ..
- INTERACTION OF HEAVY METALS AND ETHANOLJack Nation; Fiscal Year: 1993..2 will 'involve the same behavioral tests, but animals will be exposed to food containing 100 ppm cadmium (as cadmium chloride)...
- METALLOTHIONEIN, MERCURY AND MONOCYTE ACTIVATIONRUDOLFS ZALUPS; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- NEUROPROTECTIVE STRATEGIES AGAINST OXIDATIVE DAMAGEAnumantha Kanthasamy; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- MOLECULAR PHYSIOLOGY OF POTASSIUM CHANNELSGary Yellen; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- G-protein alpha subunits in regulation of GIRK channelsNathan Dascal; Fiscal Year: 2006..Colocalization and complex formation between Galpha and GIRK will be explored in atrium and brain using biochemical and immunohistochemical methods. ..
- CASPASES, MITOCHONDRIAL FUNCTION AND PARKINSON'S DISEASEAnumantha Kanthasamy; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Consequences of Neonatal HypoxiaNanduri Prabhakar; Fiscal Year: 2009..Understanding the consequences of neonatal IH provide insights into how neonatal intermittent hypoxia caused by recurrent apneas affects the ventilation in premature infants. Experimental Animal Model: Rat Pups. ..
- Role of Regulated CIC CI Channels in CI Secretion in CFJohn Cuppoletti; Fiscal Year: 2006..2 K channel in CF. This will also be studied in terms of CI transport, Na transport, CLCA2 function, inflammation and bacterial susceptibility. ..
- PAHs: Balance of Detoxication vs Metabolic ActivationDaniel Nebert; Fiscal Year: 2009..dissemination of ingested BaP and will be informative in clinical studies in which we would determine which haplotypes of these three human genes might be associated with resistance vs. sensitivity to PAH-induced toxicity and cancer. ..
- Molecular Genetics of Cadmium ToxicityDaniel W Nebert; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- CYP1A1 GENE AND ENVIRONMENTAL TOXICITYDaniel Nebert; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- DNA Repair and Bladder CancerAngeline Andrew; Fiscal Year: 2004..Through our study, we hope to contribute to both our mechanistic understanding of bladder cancer and to identify subgroups of the population that may be at greater risk of environmentally-induced cancers. ..
- CHLORIDE CHANNELS AND GASTRIC ACID SECRETIONJohn Cuppoletti; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies strive to address the fundamental questions regarding the molecules and mechanisms involved in regulated HCl secretion. ..
- MERCURY NEPHROTOXICITY AFTER A REDUCTION OF RENAL MASSRUDOLFS ZALUPS; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- GENE REGULATION DURING INTERMITTENT HYPOXIANanduri Prabhakar; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- GENOTOXICITY IN CYP1A2 DEFICIENT TRANSGENIC MICEDaniel Nebert; Fiscal Year: 2002..S. population. ..
- The Causes and Consequences of Complementation and Selfishness in VirusesSarah Joseph; Fiscal Year: 2008..As a result, understanding these interactions in bacteriophage may provide insights into the evolution and pathogenesis of viral pathogens of humans. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Comprehensive Assessment of Bladder Cancer Genetic SusceptibilityAngeline Andrew; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will also investigate the genetic basis for the inter-individual variation in risk following carcinogenic exposures including smoking. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- TRANSPORT AND TOXICITY OF MERCURY IN THE NEPHRONRUDOLFS ZALUPS; Fiscal Year: 2006..to date, of the mechanisms involved in the uptake of inorganic mercuric ions along pars recta segments of the proximal tubule, which are the segments of the nephron most vulnerable to the nephrotoxic effects of mercury ..
- METALLOTHIONEIN ISOFORM 3 AND RENAL CADMIUM TOXICITYDonald Sens; Fiscal Year: 2005..The long term goal of the proposed research is to define the functional and regulatory role of MT-3 expression in the proximal tubule under conditions of normal homeostasis and when exposed to cadmium. ..
- Metallothionein, Environment Insult and Bladder CancerDonald Sens; Fiscal Year: 2005..The completion of these studies would provide a strong link between a protein family known to mediate the cell's response to environmental exposure and a cancer strongly associated with exposure to environmental agents. ..
- SYNAPTIC VESICLE TRAFFICKING IN HIPPOCAMPAL SYNAPSESVenkatesh N Murthy; Fiscal Year: 2010..These experiments will elucidate fundamental presynaptic mechanisms of vesicle traffic in GABAergic synapses and how they are altered by activity. ..
- MECHANISMS OF CADMIUM TOXICITY IN EPITHELIAL CELLSWALTER PROZIALECK; Fiscal Year: 2007..Furthermore, the results of these studies could have more general implications regarding the mechanisms by which toxic substances affect living organisms. ..
- Mid-Brain Modulation of Social AttachmentJoseph Curtis; Fiscal Year: 2008..The results of these studies will further our understanding of the brain circuitry involved in social attachment, and thus provide insights into the causes of a variety of human ailments. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Metallothionein Isoform 3 as a Urinary Marker for Bladder CancerDonald Sens; Fiscal Year: 2009....