Genomes and Genes
Summary: Synthetic or naturally occurring substances related to coumarin, the delta-lactone of coumarinic acid. The various coumarins have a wide range of proposed actions and uses including as ANTICOAGULANTS, pharmaceutical aids, indicators and reagents, photoreactive substances, and ANTINEOPLASTIC AGENTS.
Publications349 found, 100 shown here
- The structure and pharmacological functions of coumarins and their derivativesLonghuo Wu
Engineering Research Center of Molecular Medicine, Ministry of Education, Huaqiao University Main Campus, Quanzhou, China 362021
Curr Med Chem 16:4236-60. 2009b>Coumarins are of many different structures...
- Antioxidant activities of coumarins from Korean medicinal plants and their structure-activity relationshipsPhuong Thien Thuong
College of Pharmacy, Chungnam National University, Daejeon 305 764, Korea
Phytother Res 24:101-6. 2010The aim of this work was to study the structure-activity relationships of the antioxidant activity of natural coumarins isolated from four Korean medicinal plants (1-17) and four purchased coumarins (18-21)...
- Anti-oxidative and photo-protective effects of coumarins isolated from Fraxinus chinensisBum Chun Lee
College of Pharmacy, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju 361 763, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 30:1293-301. 2007..From these results, FCE and one of its components, esculetin, were predicted to be potentially useful as ingredients in cosmetics for protecting against photoaging...
- Synthesis and biological evaluation of functionalized coumarins as acetylcholinesterase inhibitorsQiong Shen
School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510275, China
Eur J Med Chem 40:1307-15. 2005..19+/-0.01 microM and a high selectivity for AChE/BuChE, and compound 6b acted as non-competitive AChE inhibitor with IC50 value of 0.43+/-0.02 microM. Structure-activity relationships (SARs) of prepared compounds were discussed...
- Simple coumarins and analogues in medicinal chemistry: occurrence, synthesis and biological activityF Borges
Unidade de Química Física Molecular Laboratório de Química Organica, Faculdade de Farmacia, Universidade do Porto, 4050 047 Porto, Portugal
Curr Med Chem 12:887-916. 2005b>Coumarins, also known as benzopyrones, are present in remarkable amounts in plants, although their presence has also been detected in microorganisms and animal sources...
- Poly(lactide)-vitamin E derivative/montmorillonite nanoparticle formulations for the oral delivery of DocetaxelSi Shen Feng
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, National University of Singapore, Block E5, 02 11, 4 Engineering Drive 4, Singapore 117576, Singapore
Biomaterials 30:3297-306. 2009..59% for Taxotere((R)) to 78% for the PLA-TPGS/MMT NP formulation and 91% for the PLA-TPGS NP formulation respectively. Oral chemotherapy by nanoparticles of biodegradable polymers is feasible...
- Novobiocin and coumermycin inhibit DNA supercoiling catalyzed by DNA gyraseM Gellert
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 73:4474-8. 1976..We conclude that DNA gyrase controls the supercoiling of DNA in E. coli...
- Synthetic and natural coumarins as cytotoxic agentsIrena Kostova
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Medical University, 2 Dunav St, Sofia 1000, Bulgaria
Curr Med Chem Anticancer Agents 5:29-46. 2005b>Coumarins, an old class of compounds, are naturally occurring benzopyrene derivatives. A lot of coumarins have been identified from natural sources, especially green plants...
- Lactoferrin-conjugated PEG-PLA nanoparticles with improved brain delivery: in vitro and in vivo evaluationsKaili Hu
Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, Fudan University, Shanghai, 200032, People s Republic of China
J Control Release 134:55-61. 2009..Cell viability experiment results confirmed good safety of the biodegradable Lf-NP. The significant in vitro and in vivo results suggest that Lf-NP is a promising brain drug delivery system with low toxicity...
- The use of coumarins as environmentally-sensitive fluorescent probes of heterogeneous inclusion systemsBrian D Wagner
Department of Chemistry, University of Prince Edward Island, Charlottetown, PE, Canada
Molecules 14:210-37. 2009b>Coumarins, as a family of molecules, exhibit a wide range of fluorescence emission properties...
- Converging pharmacological and genetic evidence indicates a role for steroid sulfatase in attentionWilliam Davies
Behavioural Genetics Group, School of Psychology and Department of Psychological Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Cardiff, London, United Kingdom
Biol Psychiatry 66:360-7. 2009..Preliminary work in mice and humans has suggested the X-linked gene STS (which encodes the enzyme steroid sulfatase) as a mediator of attentional functioning and as a candidate gene for ADHD...
- Inhibitory effect of oxycoumarins isolated from the Thai medicinal plant Clausena guillauminii on the inflammation mediators, iNOS, TNF-alpha, and COX-2 expression in mouse macrophage RAW 264.7Tomonori Nakamura
Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Pharmacotherapeutics, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chiba University, Chiba, 260 8675, Japan
J Nat Med 63:21-7. 2009..It was expected that these compounds show anti-inflammatory activities...
- VKORC1: molecular target of coumarinsJ Oldenburg
Institute for Experimental Haematology and Transfusion Medicine, University Clinic Bonn, Bonn, Germany
J Thromb Haemost 5:1-6. 2007..VKORC1 is the key enzyme of the vitamin K cycle and the molecular target of coumarins, which represent the most commonly prescribed drugs for therapy and prevention of thromboembolic conditions...
- Osthole suppresses fatty acid synthase expression in HER2-overexpressing breast cancer cells through modulating Akt/mTOR pathwayVictor Chia Hsiang Lin
Department of Urology, E Da Hospital, Department of Nursing, I Shou University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
J Agric Food Chem 58:4786-93. 2010..These results suggested that osthole has the potential to advance as chemopreventive or chemotherapeutic agent for cancers that overexpress HER2...
- Cationic albumin-conjugated pegylated nanoparticles as novel drug carrier for brain deliveryWei Lu
Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, Fudan University Fenglin Campus, Shanghai 200032, People s Republic of China
J Control Release 107:428-48. 2005..The significant results in vitro and in vivo showed that CBSA-NP was a promising brain drug delivery carrier with low toxicity...
- Brain delivery property and accelerated blood clearance of cationic albumin conjugated pegylated nanoparticleWei Lu
Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, Fudan University, Shanghai, 200032, People s Republic of China
J Control Release 118:38-53. 2007..Understanding these issues is important for the future development of CBSA-NP as a brain delivery carrier and for the attenuation of toxicity or immunological responses to the nanodevice following a consequence of nanomedication...
- Anticonvulsant and acute neurotoxic effects of imperatorin, osthole and valproate in the maximal electroshock seizure and chimney tests in mice: a comparative studyJarogniew J Luszczki
Department of Pathophysiology, Medical University of Lublin, Jaczewskiego 8, PL 20 090 Lublin, Poland
Epilepsy Res 85:293-9. 2009....
- Antimicrobial and antioxidant activities of coumarins from the roots of Ferulago campestris (Apiaceae)Adriana Basile
Dipartimento delle Scienze Biologiche, Sezione di Biologia Vegetale, Universita Federico II, Via Foria 223, 80139 Napoli, Italy
Molecules 14:939-52. 2009We report the isolation of several coumarins and the stereochemical assessment of some pyranocoumarins, as well as the antibacterial and antioxidant activities of the three most abundant ones (grandivittin, agasyllin and aegelinol ..
- Preparation and brain delivery property of biodegradable polymersomes conjugated with OX26Zhiqing Pang
Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, PR China
J Control Release 128:120-7. 2008..v. administration. These results indicated that OX26(34)-PO is a promising carrier for peptide brain delivery...
- Evaluation of auraptene content in citrus fruits and their productsK Ogawa
Department of Citriculture, National Institute of Fruit Tree Science, Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, Okitsu, Shimizu, Shizuoka 424 0292, Japan
J Agric Food Chem 48:1763-9. 2000..49 mg/g) and in the juice sac (1.73 mg/g). Citrus fruit products, for example, brand-named grapefruit juice and marmalade, retain about 0. 1 mg and 0.3 mg/100 g of auraptene, respectively...
- Coumarins and carbazoles from Clausena excavata exhibited antimycobacterial and antifungal activitiesArunrat Sunthitikawinsakul
Planta Med 69:155-7. 2003Four known coumarins, dentatin (1), nor-dentatin (2), clausenidin (3) and xanthoxyletin (5), and six known carbazole derivatives, 3-formylcarbazole (6), mukonal (7), 3-methoxycarbonylcarbazole (8), murrayanine (9), 2-hydroxy-3-formyl-7-..
- Antibacterial activity of crude extracts from Mexican medicinal plants and purified coumarins and xanthonesKakuko Yasunaka
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, School of Medicine, Fukuoka University, Nanakuma, Jonan ku, Fukuoka 814 0180, Japan
J Ethnopharmacol 97:293-9. 2005..Clusiaceae), and Mammea americana L. (Clusiaceae) were highly active against Staphylococcus aureus. Coumarins (mammea A/BA and mammea A/AA) and xanthones, namely jacareubin and 1,3,5,6-tetrahydroxy-2-(3,3-dimethylallyl) ..
- Simocyclinone D8, an inhibitor of DNA gyrase with a novel mode of actionRuth H Flatman
Department of Biological Chemistry, John Innes Centre, Norwich Research Park, Colney, Norwich NR4 7UH, UK
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 49:1093-100. 2005..This is a novel mechanism for a gyrase inhibitor and presents new possibilities for antibacterial drug development...
- Inhibition of topoisomerase IIα: novel function of wedelolactonePetr Benes
Department of Experimental Biology, Faculty of Science, Masaryk University, Czech Republic
Cancer Lett 303:29-38. 2011..Wedelolactone interacted with dsDNA and inhibited the activity of DNA topoisomerase IIα. We conclude that wedelolactone can act as growth suppressor independently of NFκB and androgen receptors...
- Inhibitory effects of coumarins from the stem barks of Fraxinus rhynchophylla on adipocyte differentiation in 3T3-L1 cellsEunjin Shin
College of Pharmacy, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju, Korea
Biol Pharm Bull 33:1610-4. 2010..Activity-guided fractionation led to the isolation of six coumarins such as esculetin (1), scopoletin (2), fraxetin (3), fraxidin (4) esculin (5) and fraxin (6)...
- Auraptene: a natural biologically active compound with multiple targetsSalvatore Genovese
Dipartimento di Scienze del Farmaco, Università G d Annunzio di Chieti Pescara, Via dei Vestini 31, Chieti Scalo CH, Italy
Curr Drug Targets 12:381-6. 2011....
- Inhibition of snake venoms and phospholipases A(2) by extracts from native and genetically modified Eclipta alba: isolation of active coumestansLuciana C Diogo
Department of Biotechnology, University of Ribeirao Preto, Ribeirao Preto, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 104:293-9. 2009..The search for antivenom is justified by the need of finding active principles that are more efficient in neutralizing snake venoms and also as an attempt to complement serum therapy...
- Osthole and imperatorin, the active constituents of Cnidium monnieri (L.) Cusson, facilitate glutamate release from rat hippocampal nerve terminalsSu Jane Wang
School of Medicine, Fu Jen Catholic University, Hsin Chuang, Taipei Hsien 24205, Taiwan
Neurochem Int 53:416-23. 2008..Together, these results suggest that osthole or imperatorin effects a facilitation of glutamate release from nerve terminals by positively modulating N-and P/Q-type Ca(2+) channel activation through a signaling cascade involving PKC...
- The cytotoxic properties of natural coumarins isolated from roots of Ferulago campestris (Apiaceae) and of synthetic ester derivatives of aegelinolSergio Rosselli
Dipartimento Chimica Organica E Paternò, Universita di Palermo, Viale delle Scienze, Parco d Orleasn II, 90128 Palermo, Italy
Nat Prod Commun 4:1701-6. 2009Grandivittin (1), agasyllin (2), aegelinol benzoate (3) and felamidin (20), four natural coumarins isolated from Ferulago campestris, and several synthetic ester derivatives of aegelinol (4) were tested against four tumor cell lines...
- A safety assessment of coumarin taking into account species-specificity of toxicokineticsS P Felter
The Procter and Gamble Company, Miami Valley Innovation Center, 11810 E Miami River Road, Cincinnati, OH 45252, USA
Food Chem Toxicol 44:462-75. 2006....
- Isolation of 8'-phosphate ester derivatives of amicoumacins: structure-activity relationship of hydroxy amino acid moietyMakoto Hashimoto
Reseach Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Musashino University, Shinmachi, Nishitokyo, Tokyo, Japan
J Antibiot (Tokyo) 60:752-6. 2007..Comparison of the antibacterial activities against methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) of these compounds suggested that C-8' hydroxyl and C-12' amide group of amicoumacin A played a critical role for anti-MRSA activity...
- Cytotoxic activity of coumarins from the fruits of Cnidium monnieri on leukemia cell linesLing Ling Yang
School of Pharmacy, College of Pharmacy, Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Planta Med 69:1091-5. 2003..Then, the CmF extract was subjected to silica gel column chromatography and recrystallization to give five coumarins: osthol, imperatorin, bergapten, isopimpinellin, and xanthotoxin...
- Inhibition of gastric H+,K+-ATPase activity by flavonoids, coumarins and xanthones isolated from Mexican medicinal plantsRicardo Reyes-Chilpa
Instituto de Quimica, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, D F Mexico, Mexico
J Ethnopharmacol 105:167-72. 2006..the properties of some of their chemical constituents, four natural xanthones, an acetylated derivative, two coumarins (mammea A/BA and mammea C/OA) isolated from Calophyllum brasiliense Cambess and two flavonoids (minimiflorin and ..
- A crystal structure of the bifunctional antibiotic simocyclinone D8, bound to DNA gyraseMarcus J Edwards
Department of Biological Chemistry, John Innes Centre, Colney, Norwich NR4 7UH, UK
Science 326:1415-8. 2009..Our results should facilitate the design of drug molecules that target these unexploited binding pockets...
- Cloning and analysis of the simocyclinone biosynthetic gene cluster of Streptomyces antibioticus Tü 6040Ute Galm
Pharmazeutische Biologie, Pharmazeutisches Institut, Auf der Morgenstelle 8, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Arch Microbiol 178:102-14. 2002..Feeding of the mutant with the aminocoumarin moiety of novobiocin led to a new, artificial simocyclinone derivative...
- Wedelolactone suppresses LPS-induced caspase-11 expression by directly inhibiting the IKK complexM Kobori
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Cell Death Differ 11:123-30. 2004..We demonstrate that wedelolactone is an inhibitor of IKK, a kinase critical for activation of NF-kappaB by mediating phosphorylation and degradation of IkappaBalpha...
- 7,8-Dihydroxy-4-methylcoumarin induces apoptosis of human lung adenocarcinoma cells by ROS-independent mitochondrial pathway through partial inhibition of ERK/MAPK signalingAnita Goel
Molecular Immunogenetics Laboratory, Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology, Mall Road, Delhi 110 007, India
FEBS Lett 581:2447-54. 2007b>Coumarins have attracted intense interest in recent years because they have been identified from natural sources, especially green plants and have diverse pharmacological properties...
- Apoptogenic effect of 7,8-diacetoxy-4-methylcoumarin and 7,8-diacetoxy-4-methylthiocoumarin in human lung adenocarcinoma cell line: role of NF-kappaB, Akt, ROS and MAP kinase pathwayAnita Goel
Molecular Immunogenetics Laboratory, Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology, Mall Road, Delhi 110007, India
Chem Biol Interact 179:363-74. 2009Coumarin (1,2-benzopyrone) is a naturally occurring fragrant compound found in a variety of plants and spices. Coumarins have attracted intense interest in recent years because of their diverse pharmacological activities...
- Dietary administration with prenyloxycoumarins, auraptene and collinin, inhibits colitis-related colon carcinogenesis in miceHiroyuki Kohno
Department of Oncologic Pathology, Kanazawa Medical University, Uchinada, Ishikawa, Japan
Int J Cancer 118:2936-42. 2006..Our findings may suggest that certain prenyloxycoumarins, such as auraptene and collinin, could serve as an effective agent against colitis-related colon cancer development in rodents...
- Chemoprevention of 4-nitroquinoline 1-oxide-induced oral carcinogenesis by citrus auraptene in ratsT Tanaka
First Department of Pathology, Kanazawa Medical University, Uchinada, Ishikawa, Japan
Carcinogenesis 19:425-31. 1998....
- Aggressive behavior induced by the steroid sulfatase inhibitor COUMATE and by DHEAS in CBA/H miceL B Nicolas
, , Comportement, , , , France
Brain Res 922:216-22. 2001..These results confirm the correlation between aggressive behavior and STS concentration in mice. In addition, we confirm that the steroid metabolism can modulate the behavior in rodents...
- Fluorescent single-stranded DNA binding protein as a probe for sensitive, real-time assays of helicase activityMark S Dillingham
DNA Protein Interactions Unit, Department of Biochemistry, School of Medical Sciences, University of Bristol, Bristol, United Kingdom
Biophys J 95:3330-9. 2008..Its use in the study of DNA manipulations involving ssDNA intermediates is demonstrated in assays for DNA unwinding, catalyzed by DNA helicases...
- Biosynthetic gene cluster of simocyclinone, a natural multihybrid antibioticA Trefzer
Pharmazeutische Biologie, Albert Ludwigs Universitat Freiburg, 79104 Freiburg, Germany
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:1174-82. 2002..Production of simocyclinone D8 was clearly detectable in the wild-type strain but was not detectable in the mutant strains. This indicated that indeed the sim gene cluster had been cloned...
- Calibrated automated thrombin generation measurement in clotting plasmaH Coenraad Hemker
Synapse BV, Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Pathophysiol Haemost Thromb 33:4-15. 2003....
- Accumulation of coumarins in Arabidopsis thalianaKosuke Kai
Institute for Chemical Research, Kyoto University, Gokasho, Uji, Kyoto 611 0011, Japan
Phytochemistry 67:379-86. 2006The biosynthesis of coumarins in plants is not well understood, although these metabolic pathways are often found in the plant kingdom. We report here the occurrence of coumarins in Arabidopsis thaliana ecotype Columbia...
- Structures of the TetR-like simocyclinone efflux pump repressor, SimR, and the mechanism of ligand-mediated derepressionTung B K Le
Department of Molecular Microbiology, John Innes Centre, Norwich Research Park, Norwich NR4 7UH, UK
J Mol Biol 408:40-56. 2011....
- Antiproliferative effects of isopentenylated coumarins isolated from Phellolophium madagascariense BakerC Riviere
Institut de Chimie Pharmaceutique Albert Lespagnol, EA2692, rue J Laguesse, BP 83, F 59006 Lille, France
Nat Prod Res 20:909-16. 2006From the leaves of Phellolophium madagascariense Baker (Apiaceae), an endemic herb to Madagascar, three known coumarins (osthol, murraol and meranzin hydrate) have been isolated and identified...
- In vitro anti-Helicobacter pylori activity of the probiotic strain Bacillus subtilis 3 is due to secretion of antibioticsI V Pinchuk
, ENITA de Bordeaux, 33175 Gradignan Cedex, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 45:3156-61. 2001..An additive effect between amicoumacin A and the nonamicoumacin antibiotic against H. pylori was demonstrated...
- Effects of osthole on migration and invasion in breast cancer cellsDapeng Yang
Department of Developmental Genetics, Nanjing Medical University, China
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 74:1430-4. 2010..This is the first report on the inhibitory function of Osthole in migration and invasion in breast cancer cells. Our findings indicate a need for further evaluation of Osthole in breast cancer chemotherapy and chemoprevention...
- Antitumor effects of Osthol from Cnidium monnieri: an in vitro and in vivo studySzu Yuan Chou
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Taipei Medical University Wan Fang Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan
Phytother Res 21:226-30. 2007..formosanum Yabe of Taiwan's endemic plants contained little osthol, with no imperatorin, and its major components were different from that of C. monnieri. Therefore, it is suggested that C. formosanum also may possess economic worth...
- Attenuation of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis in C57 BL/6 mice by osthole, a natural coumarinXiaohong Chen
Department of Neurology, The Third Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, 600 Tianhe Road, Guangzhou, Guangdong 510630, China
Eur J Pharmacol 629:40-6. 2010..In addition, osthole blocked the reduction of NGF and suppressed IFN-gamma increase in EAE mice. These results suggested that osthole might be a new pharmacological approach to treat multiple sclerosis...
- Osthole-mediated cell differentiation through bone morphogenetic protein-2/p38 and extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1/2 pathway in human osteoblast cellsPo Lin Kuo
Department of Biotechnology, Chia Nan University of Pharmacy and Science, Tainan, Taiwan
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 314:1290-9. 2005..In this study, we demonstrate that osthole is a promising agent for treating osteoporosis...
- Coupling of the biosynthesis and export of the DNA gyrase inhibitor simocyclinone in Streptomyces antibioticusTung B K Le
Department of Molecular Microbiology, John Innes Centre, Colney Lane, Norwich NR4 7UH, UK
Mol Microbiol 72:1462-74. 2009..In addition, an intermediate in the biosynthetic pathway, simocyclinone C4, which is essentially inactive as a DNA gyrase inhibitor, also induces simX expression in vivo and relieves simX repression by SimR in vitro...
- Platelet anti-aggregatory effects of coumarins from the roots of Angelica genuflexa and A. gigasYong Yook Lee
Natural Products Research Institute, Seoul National University, Seoul 110 460, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 26:723-6. 2003Five coumarins, isoimperatorin (1), pabulenol (2), isooxypeucedanin (3), oxypeucedanin hydrate (4) and osthol (5) were isolated from the MeOH extract of Angelica genuflexa in the course of searching for anti-platelet and anti-coagulant ..
- Immunomodulatory and anti-inflammatory activity of selected osthole derivativesMichał Zimecki
Department of Experimental Therapy, Institute of Immunology and Experimental Therapy, R Weigla str 12, 53 114, Wroclaw, Poland
Z Naturforsch C 64:361-8. 2009..5% and 68.3% inhibition, respectively). In summary, the compounds predominantly displayed suppressive and antiinflammatory activities in the investigated models...
- Citrus auraptene suppresses azoxymethane-induced colonic preneoplastic lesions in C57BL/KsJ-db/db miceKei Hayashi
Department of Surgical Oncology, Oncologic Pathology, Kanazawa Medical University, 1 1 Daigaku, Uchinada, Oshikawaa 020 0903, Japan
Nutr Cancer 58:75-84. 2007....
- Increased bleeding risk with concurrent use of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors and coumarinsTom Schalekamp
Division of Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacotherapy, Utrecht Institute for Pharmaceutical Sciences, Faculty of Science, Utrecht University, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Arch Intern Med 168:180-5. 2008Treatment with vitamin K antagonists (coumarins) is associated with an increased risk of bleeding...
- In vivo and in vitro patterns of the activity of simocyclinone D8, an angucyclinone antibiotic from Streptomyces antibioticusLisa M Oppegard
Department of Pharmacology, University of Minnesota Medical School Twin Cities, 6 120 Jackson Hall, 321 Church Street SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 53:2110-9. 2009....
- Detecting Hg2+ ions with an ICT fluorescent sensor molecule: remarkable emission spectra shift and unique selectivityJiaobing Wang
State Key Laboratory of Fine Chemicals, Dalian University of Technology, Dalian 116012, China
J Org Chem 71:4308-11. 2006..This sensor, employing the ICT mechanism, could be used to specifically detect Hg2+ ions in a neutral buffered water solution with an approximately 100-nm blue shift in emission spectra...
- Hair growth promoting activity of Eclipta alba in male albino ratsR K Roy
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Dr HS Gour University, Sagar, MP, India
Arch Dermatol Res 300:357-64. 2008..The result of treatment with 2 and 5% petroleum ether extracts were better than the positive control minoxidil 2% treatment...
- A novel dimeric coumarin analog and antimycobacterial constituents from Fatoua pilosaChun Ching Chiang
Graduate Institute of Natural Products, College of Pharmacy, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan 807, R O C
Chem Biodivers 7:1728-36. 2010....
- Antiproliferative effect of isopentenylated coumarins on several cancer cell linesS Kawaii
Laboratory of Bio-organic Chemistry, Tokyo Denki University, Hatoyama, Saitama, Japan
Anticancer Res 21:1905-11. 200133 coumarins, mainly the simple isopentenylated coumarins and derived pyrano- and furanocoumarins, were examined for their antiproliferative activity towards several cancer and normal human cell lines...
- Non-zinc mediated inhibition of carbonic anhydrases: coumarins are a new class of suicide inhibitorsAlfonso Maresca
Universita degli Studi di Firenze, Laboratorio di Chimica Bioinorganica, Rm 188, Via della Lastruccia 3, I 50019 Sesto Fiorentino, Florence, Italy
J Am Chem Soc 131:3057-62. 2009..The inhibition is time dependent, with maximum inhibition being observed after 6 h...
- Antifungal activities of new coumarinsAhmed A Al-Amiery
Chemical Engineering Faculty, University of Kabengassan Malaysia UKM, Selangor 43000, Malaysia
Molecules 17:5713-23. 2012Newly synthesized coumarins 4-((5-mercapto-4-phenyl-4H-1,2,4-triazol-3-yl)-methoxy)-2H-chromen-2-one and 4-((5-(phenylamino)-1,3,4-thiadiazol-2-yl)-methoxy)-2H-chromen-2-one were tested against selected types of fungi and showed ..
- Quantification of flavoring constituents in cinnamon: high variation of coumarin in cassia bark from the German retail market and in authentic samples from indonesiaFriederike Woehrlin
Federal Institute for Risk Assessment, Thielallee 88 92, 14195 Berlin, Germany
J Agric Food Chem 58:10568-75. 2010..Interestingly, a high variation was observed in one of the trees, whereas no coumarin was detected in the samples of two other trees. In conclusion, coumarin levels in cassia cinnamon can vary widely even within a single tree...
- New pyranocoumarins isolated from Calophyllum lanigerum and Calophyllum teysmanniiT C McKee
Division of Cancer Treatment, Diagnosis and Centers, National Cancer Institute, NCI FCRDC, Frederick, Maryland 21702 1201, USA
J Nat Prod 59:754-8. 1996..F. Stevens (Clusiaceae). The structure elucidation and anti-HIV activity of calanolide E2 (4), cordatolide E (5), pseudocordatolide C (6), and calanolide F (9), along with a simple prenylated coumarin precursor (11), are described here...
- Cytotoxic coumarins from the root of Angelica dahuricaPham Ngoc Thanh
College of Pharmacy, Chungnam National University, Daejeon 305 764, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 27:1211-5. 2004Ten coumarins were isolated from the root of Angelica dahurica by repeated silica gel column chromatography. Their chemical structures were elucidated on the basic of physicochemical and spectroscopic data...
- Coumarins: old compounds with novel promising therapeutic perspectivesM E Riveiro
Laboratorio de Patología y Farmacología Molecular, Instituto de Biologia y Medicina Experimental, Vuelta de Obligado 2490 C1428DN, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Curr Med Chem 17:1325-38. 2010Natural as well as synthetic coumarins have recently drawn much attention due to its broad pharmacological activities...
- Single-dose methoxsalen effects on human cytochrome P-450 2A6 activityE D Kharasch
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Washington, Seattle 98195, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 28:28-33. 2000..Alternative doses, timing, and/or routes of methoxsalen administration are required for greater, longer, and more reproducible CYP2A6 inhibition than that provided by single-dose methoxsalen...
- Furanocoumarins from the root of Angelica dahuricaN I Baek
Department of Life Sciences and Institute of Life Sciences, Kyunghee University, Suwon, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 23:467-70. 2000..This represents the first study in which the compound 2 has been isolated and identified. The long-range coupling (5J) in the 1H-NMR spectrum observed in the linear furanocoumarin skeleton was also investigated in detail...
- Sesquiterpene coumarins from Ferula fukanensis and nitric oxide production inhibitory effectsTsunetake Motai
College of Pharmacy, Nihon University, 7 7 1 Narashinodai, Funabashi, Chiba 274 8555, Japan
J Nat Prod 67:432-6. 2004..7), which was activated by lipopolysaccharide (LPS) and recombinant mouse interferon-gamma (IFN-gamma)...
- Toxicology and risk assessment of coumarin: focus on human dataKlaus Abraham
Federal Institute for Risk Assessment BfR, 14195 Berlin, Germany
Mol Nutr Food Res 54:228-39. 2010..Heavy consumers of cassia cinnamon may reach a daily coumarin intake corresponding to the TDI...
- Alkaloid and coumarins from the green fruits of Aegle marmelosSuda Chakthong
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Prince of Songkla University, Hat Yai, Songkhla 90112, Thailand
Phytochemistry 75:108-13. 2012..Antifungal and antibacterial activities of selected compounds were also evaluated...
- HPLC comparison of supercritical fluid extraction and solvent extraction of coumarins from the peel of Citrus maxima fruitWen Yuh Teng
Department of Agricultural Chemistry, National Taiwan University, Taipei
Phytochem Anal 16:459-62. 2005..Under the best SFE conditions tested for the three coumarins, which involved extraction at 50 degrees C and 27...
- Antioxidant activity of coumarins and flavonols from the resinous exudate of Haplopappus multifoliusRene Torres
Departamento de Ciencias del Ambiente, Fascultad de Química y Biología, Universidad de Santiago de Chile, Avda Bernardo O Higgins 3363, Santiago, Chile
Phytochemistry 67:984-7. 2006The antioxidant activity of eight coumarins and two flavonols isolated from Haplopappus multifolius was studied with the DPPH radical method...
- Dihydrochalcones and coumarins of Esenbeckia grandiflora subsp. brevipetiolataM Trani
Centro Chimica dei Recettori, C N R, Istituto di Chimica, U C S C, Largo Francesco Vito 1, Roma 00168, Italy
Fitoterapia 75:99-102. 2004Six furoquinolines and five coumarins have been isolated from the roots of Esenbeckia grandiflora subsp. brevipetiolata. The leaves yielded two dihydrochalcones and two flavonol rhamnosides...
- In vitro GABA-transaminase inhibitory compounds from the root of Angelica dahuricaSoo Young Choi
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Division of Life Sciences, Hallym University, Chuncheon 200 702, Korea
Phytother Res 19:839-45. 2005..Repeated column chromatography for the EtOAc and n-BuOH fractions led to the isolation of two new coumarins, oxypeucedanin hydrate-3''-butyl ether and isopraeroside IV along with six known coumarins, isoimperatorin, ..
- Xenobiotic reductase A in the degradation of quinoline by Pseudomonas putida 86: physiological function, structure and mechanism of 8-hydroxycoumarin reductionJulia J Griese
Laboratorium Proteinkristallographie, Universitat Bayreuth, Germany
J Mol Biol 361:140-52. 2006..putida strains unable to degrade quinoline, it appears to have more than one physiological function and is an example of how enzymes with low substrate specificity can help to explain the variety of degradation pathways possible...
- Biflavanones, flavonoids, and coumarins from the roots of Stellera chamaejasme and their antiviral effect on hepatitis B virusGuohong Yang
Department of Pharmacognosy, School of Pharmacy, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, P R China
Chem Biodivers 5:1419-24. 2008..Their structures and configurations were elucidated by spectroscopic methods including 2D-NMR techniques. Sikokianin A, chamaechromone, and quercetin showed in vitro antiviral activity against HBsAg secretion...
- Application of beta-oxodithioesters in domino and multicomponent reactions: facile route to dihydropyrimidines and coumarinsOkram Mukherjee Singh
Department of Chemistry, Manipur University, Canchipur 795003, India
J Org Chem 74:3141-4. 2009..The methodology involves the three-component Biginelli reaction. On the other hand, substituted salicylaldehyde and beta-oxodithioesters reacted under the same condition to afford the substituted 2H-chromene-2-thiones in high yields...
- Simultaneous characterization and quantitation of 11 coumarins in Radix Angelicae Dahuricae by high performance liquid chromatography with electrospray tandem mass spectrometryXuguang Zheng
Department of Pharmaceutical Analysis, School of Pharmacy, Hebei Medical University, 361 Zhongshan East Road, Shijiazhuang 050017, China
J Pharm Biomed Anal 51:599-605. 2010..By using this HPLC-ESI-MS/MS method, all 11 coumarins were separated and determined within 10min...
- In vitro and in vivo investigation of glucose-mediated brain-targeting liposomesYao Qin
Key Laboratory of Drug Targeting and Drug Delivery Systems, West China School of Pharmacy, Sichuan University, Chengdu, People s Republic of China
J Drug Target 18:536-49. 2010..43 times higher than that of LIP, and 3.10 times higher than that of CLP. Both pharmacokinetics and distribution in mice were also investigated to show that this novel brain targeting drug delivery system was promising...
- Two new coumarins from Murraya paniculataSumayya Saied
Department of Chemistry, University of Karachi, Karachi, Pakistan
J Asian Nat Prod Res 10:515-9. 2008Two new coumarins, murrmeranzin (1) and murralonginal (2), together with four known compounds minumicrolin (3), murrangatin (4), meranzin hydrate (5) and hainanmurpanin (6) have been isolated from the aerial parts of Murraya paniculata...
- Simultaneous analysis of coumarins and secoiridoids in Cortex Fraxini by high-performance liquid chromatography-diode array detection-electrospray ionization tandem mass spectrometryLei Zhou
The State Key Laboratory of Natural and Biomimetic Drugs, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Peking University, No 38 Xueyuan Road, Beijing 100083, PR China
J Pharm Biomed Anal 47:39-46. 2008..The results indicated that the developed method could be considered to be a simple, rapid and reliable method for the quality evaluation of Cortex Fraxini...
- Coumarins incorporating hydroxy- and chloro-moieties selectively inhibit the transmembrane, tumor-associated carbonic anhydrase isoforms IX and XII over the cytosolic ones I and IIAlfonso Maresca
Universita degli Studi di Firenze, Laboratorio di Chimica Bioinorganica, Sesto Fiorentino Firenze, Italy
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 20:4511-4. 2010A series of coumarins incorporating hydroxy-, chloro- and/or chloromethyl-moieties in positions 3-, 4-, 6- and 7- of the heterocyclic ring were investigated for the inhibition of the zinc enzyme carbonic anhydrase (CA, EC 188.8.131.52)...
- Protection of coumarins against linoleic acid hydroperoxide-induced cytotoxicityTakao Kaneko
Redox Regulation Research Group, Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Gerontology, 35 2 Sakaecho, Itabashi ku, Tokyo 173 0015, Japan
Chem Biol Interact 142:239-54. 2003b>Coumarins comprise a group of natural phenolic compounds found in a variety of plant sources...
- Biologically active sesquiterpene coumarins from Ferula speciesZeinab Esmail Nazari
Biotechnology Research Center and School of Pharmacy, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, Mashhad, Iran
Phytother Res 25:315-23. 2011..antiviral, P-glycoprotein (P-gp) inhibitory and antiinflammatory activity have been attributed to sesquiterpene coumarins; structures containing a common coumarin group and a sesquiterpene moiety...
- Antibacterial and anticoagulant activities of coumarins isolated from the flowers of Magydaris tomentosaSergio Rosselli
Dipartimento di Chimica Organica, Universita degli Studi di Palermo, Palermo, Italy
Planta Med 73:116-20. 2007..DC afforded six known coumarins as well as (+)-meranzin hydrate (7), not previously reported as a natural product...
- Cytotoxic Coumarins from the Bark of Mammea siamensisNgoc Trang Nhu Ngo
Ho Chi Minh City University of Science, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 58:1487-91. 2010..named surangin D), was isolated from the bark of Mammea siamensis collected in Vietnam, along with four known coumarins, surangins B and C, and theraphins B and C, and seven xanthones, 1,7-dihydroxyxanthone, 7-hydroxy-1-..
- 7,8-disubstituted- but not 6,7-disubstituted coumarins selectively inhibit the transmembrane, tumor-associated carbonic anhydrase isoforms IX and XII over the cytosolic ones I and II in the low nanomolar/subnanomolar rangeAlfonso Maresca
Universita degli Studi di Firenze, Laboratorio di Chimica Bioinorganica, Sesto Fiorentino Firenze, Italy
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 20:7255-8. 2010Two series of disubstituted coumarins incorporating ether and acetyl/propionyl moieties in positions 6,7- and 7,8- of the heterocyclic ring were synthesized investigated for the inhibition of the zinc enzyme carbonic anhydrase (CA, EC 4...
- Inhibition of leukemic cell growth by a novel anti-cancer drug (GUT-70) from calophyllum brasiliense that acts by induction of apoptosisShinya Kimura
Department of Transfusion Medicine and Cell Therapy, Kyoto University Hospital, Kyoto, Japan
Int J Cancer 113:158-65. 2005..Thus, a novel anti-cancer drug, GUT-70 isolated from the stem bark of C. brasiliense induces caspase-mediated and p53-independent apoptosis to overcome multidrug resistance and may become a potent leukemia therapeutics...
- Simocyclinones, novel cytostatic angucyclinone antibiotics produced by Streptomyces antibioticus Tü 6040 II. Structure elucidation and biosynthesisMeike Holzenkämpfer
Institut fur Organische Chemie, Universitat Gottingen, Germany
J Antibiot (Tokyo) 55:301-7. 2002..The structure elucidation was done by one and two dimensional NMR experiments, and other spectroscopic methods in combination with incorporation experiments using 13C labelled precursors...
- Isolation of coumarins and ferulate from the roots of Angelica purpuraefolia and the antitumor activity of khellactoneHyeong Kyu Lee
Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Daejeon, Korea
Phytother Res 21:406-9. 2007..fraction of the roots of Angelica purpuraefolia, along with one ferulate (2) and three other known coumarins (3-5) including khellactone (3)...
- Design, synthesis, and biological evaluation of imidazolyl derivatives of 4,7-disubstituted coumarins as aromatase inhibitors selective over 17-α-hydroxylase/C17-20 lyaseAngela Stefanachi
Dipartimento Farmaco Chimico, Università degli Studi di Bari Aldo Moro, Via Orabona 4, I 70125 Bari, Italy
J Med Chem 54:1613-25. 2011..identification of the most important interactions driving the binding and clearly indicated the allowed and disallowed regions for appropriate structural modifications of coumarins and closely related heterocyclic molecular scaffolds.
- Identification and quantification of coumarins in Peucedanum ostruthium (L.) Koch by HPLC-DAD and HPLC-DAD-MSSylvia Vogl
Department of Pharmacognosy, University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
J Agric Food Chem 59:4371-7. 2011..HPLC-DAD-MS) method has been developed for the simultaneous identification and quantification of its main coumarins, oxypeucedanin hydrate, oxypeucedanin, ostruthol, imperatorin, osthole, isoimperatorin, and ostruthin...
- Knoevenagel reaction in [MMIm][MSO₄]: synthesis of coumarinsPedro Verdía
Department of Organic Chemistry, Faculty of Chemistry, University of Vigo, Pontevedra 36310, Spain
Molecules 16:4379-88. 2011..When L-proline is used as an additional promoter to obtain coumarins from o-hydroxybenzaldehydes, the reaction also proceeds in high yields...
- Synthesis of coumarins, 4-hydroxycoumarins, and 4-hydroxyquinolinones by tellurium-triggered cyclizationsDonald C Dittmer
Department of Chemistry, Syracuse University, Room 1 014 CST, Syracuse, New York 13244, USA
J Org Chem 70:4682-6. 2005b>Coumarins, 4-hydroxycoumarins, and 4-hydroxyquinolin-2(1H)-ones can be conveniently prepared by treatment of alpha-halocarboxylic acid esters of salicylaldehyde, o-hydroxyacetophenone, methyl salicylate, and methyl N-methyl- or N-..
- Recent advances in coumarins and 1-azacoumarins as versatile biodynamic agentsManohar V Kulkarni
Department of Applied Chemistry, National Chiao Tung University, Hsinchu 300 50, Taiwan
Curr Med Chem 13:2795-818. 2006b>Coumarins, also referred as benzopyran-2-ones, and their corresponding nitrogen counterpart, 1-azacoumarins also referred to as carbostyrils, are a family of nature-occurring lactones and lactams respectively...
- The Au(I)-catalyzed intramolecular hydroarylation of terminal alkynes under mild conditions: application to the synthesis of 2H-chromenes, coumarins, benzofurans, and dihydroquinolinesRajeev S Menon
Research School of Chemistry, Institute of Advanced Studies, The Australian National University, Canberra, ACT 0200, Australia
J Org Chem 74:8901-3. 2009....
- Antinociceptive properties of coumarins, steroid and dihydrostyryl-2-pyrones from Polygala sabulosa (Polygalaceae) in miceFlavia Carla Meotti
Departamento de Quimica, Universidade Federal de Santa Maria, 97110 000, Santa Maria, RS Brazil
J Pharm Pharmacol 58:107-12. 2006..sabulosa that produced marked antinociception against the acetic acid-induced visceral nociceptive response, supporting the ethnomedical use of P. sabulosa...
- Polarity-sensitive coumarins tailored to live cell imagingGiovanni Signore
Center for Nanotechnology Innovation, p za San Silvestro 12, I 56127 Pisa, Italy
J Am Chem Soc 132:1276-88. 2010..We set up a robust synthetic procedure tunable on the substitution patterns to achieve. These coumarins possess excellent fluorescence quantum yields (up to 0...
- NATURAL & SYNTHETIC COUMARINS AS ANTICARCINOGENIC AGENTSJohn DiGiovanni; Fiscal Year: 2002..We have recently found that several natural, as well as novel synthetic coumarins, have the potential to be effective inhibitors of mouse skin carcinogenesis by PAHs...
- Analysis of Phenolic Phytochemical by ESI-MSJennifer Brodbelt; Fiscal Year: 2003..quantitation of flavonoids in kale, soy, and urine, the second involving the identification and quantitation of coumarins in urine and tissue, the third involving the quantitation and identification of tocopherol compounds in tissue, ..
- Anticarcinogenic effects of naturally occurring coumarins on mammary carcinogenesHEATHER KLEINER HANCOCK; Fiscal Year: 2007..Award will enable me to study the extent and mechanisms of the inhibitory effects of naturally occurring coumarins (NOCs) and 1'-acetoxychavicol acetate (ACA) in human and rodent models of mammary carcinogenesis...
- Pilot-Scale Heterocyclic and Carbocyclic Libraries for High Throughout ScreeningRICHARD LAROCK; Fiscal Year: 2007..alkenes and arynes will be employed to prepare specially diverse libraries of indoles, benzofurans, benzopyrans, coumarins, isocoumarins, phthalides, pyrones, 2-quinolones, pyridines, isoquinolin-1-ones, isoindolin-1-ones, ..
- Dual Direct Inhibitors of Thrombin and Factor XaUmesh Desai; Fiscal Year: 2009..Anticoagulants, including heparins and coumarins, are the mainstay of treatment and prevention of thromboembolic disorders...
- Dual Direct Inhibitors of Thrombin and Factor XaUMESH RAMANLAL DESAI; Fiscal Year: 2010..Anticoagulants, including heparins and coumarins, are the mainstay of treatment and prevention of thromboembolic disorders...
- Synthesis of Medicinally Important HeterocyclesRICHARD LAROCK; Fiscal Year: 2007..and heteroatom analogues, furans, thiophenes, pyrroles, oxazoles, isoxazoles, pyrazoles, pyridines, quinolines, coumarins, indenes, indenones, naphthols, and phenols...
- Novel Extended Red-Shifted Rhodamine DyesNICHOLAS CAIRNS; Fiscal Year: 2004..In existing applications of commonly used short and medium wavelength dyes such as coumarins, fluoresceins and rhodamines, assay or tissue components can severely interfere with the fluorescence properties ..
- ENDOCRINE DISRUPTING CHEMICALS AND AROMATASEShiuan Chen; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed studies will focus on 1014 phytochemicals (including chalcones, chromones, coumarins, flavanones, flavones and isoflavones) that would be purchased from Indofine Co (Somerville, New Jersey)...
- ENDOCRINE DISRUPTING CHEMICALS AND AROMATASEShiuan Chen; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed studies will focus on 1014 phytochemicals (including chalcones, chromones, coumarins, flavanones, flavones and isoflavones) that would be purchased from Indofine Co (Somerville, New Jersey)...
- Antioxidants and oxidative damage in mitochondriaCecilia Giulivi; Fiscal Year: 2004..The antioxidant effect of flavonoids, coumarins, and catechins will be studied in terms of hydroxyl substitution, conjugation of rings, and o-methylation of ..
- Antioxidants and oxidative damage in mitochondriaCecilia Giulivi; Fiscal Year: 2002..The antioxidant effect of flavonoids, coumarins, and catechins will be studied in terms hydroxyl substitution, conjugation of rings, and o- methylation of ..
- Cytochrome P450 in Nicotine MetabolismSharon E Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2010..Also of key importance, is that the inactivation of P450 2A enzymes will impact the metabolism of the tobacco specific carcinogens, NNK and NNN. ..
- Cytochrome P450 in Nicotine MetabolismSharon Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Cytochrome P450 in Nicotine MetabolismSharon Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2007..Also of key importance, is that the inactivation of P450 2A enzymes will impact the metabolism of the tobacco specific carcinogens, NNK and NNN. ..
- MOLECULAR MECHANISM OF PHOTORECEPTOR G PROTEIN SIGNALINGNikolai Artemyev; Fiscal Year: 2007..Overall, these studies will help to achieve a better understanding of Gt signaling mechanisms as well as other G protein signaling systems and will provide information relevant to retinal diseases. ..
- Zinc Fluorescence Biosensing and Imaging TechnologyRichard Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2007..If successful, we anticipate that our technology will be of use in understanding and developing treatments for the conditions listed above. ..
- INHIBITION OF TRYPANOSOMAL AND LEISHMANIAL GLYCOLYSISMichael Gelb; Fiscal Year: 1999
- Molecular Target Focused Discovery of Anticancer DrugsGEORGE PETTIT; Fiscal Year: 2005..In summary, the proposed research will be sharply aimed at the discovery and very rapid development of new anticancer drugs for the NCI programs directed at improving human cancer treatments. ..
- BIOCHEMISTRY OF PROTEIN PRENYLATIONChristophe L M J Verlinde; Fiscal Year: 2010..Malaria and African sleeping sickness kill about 2 million and 200,000 people, respectively, each year. New drugs are needed because existing drugs are either ineffective or resistance has developed. ..
- Regulation of Retinal cGMP PhosphodiesterasesNikolai Artemyev; Fiscal Year: 2009..This research would develop a new level of understanding of structure, function, and regulation of PDE6 necessary to uncover the mechanisms of PDE6 mutations in diseased retina. ..
- SYNTHESIS OF PHYLLANTHOSIDE RELATED ANTITUMOR AGENTSAMOS SMITH; Fiscal Year: 1991..Once such features are identified, the design of new and possibly more effective antitumor drugs should be feasible...
- Design and Synthesis of HIV-1 Protease InhibitorsAMOS SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- SYNTHESIS OF SPONGISTATIN ANTITUMOR AGENTSAMOS SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- ANTICANCER AGENTS--STRUCTURE AND SYNTHESISAMOS SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2004..The design of new and possibly more effective agents should then be feasible. ..
- NMR systems : 2 Bruker Avance 500 ConsolesAMOS SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2006..The areas of public health research include, among others, cancer, infectious diseases, neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's disease, and heart and cardiovascular disease. ..
- Pilot-Scale Libraries for High-throughput ScreeningAMOS SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2007....