Genomes and Genes
Summary: Synthetic or naturally occurring substances related to coumarin, the delta-lactone of coumarinic acid. The various coumarins have a wide range of proposed actions and uses including as ANTICOAGULANTS, pharmaceutical aids, indicators and reagents, photoreactive substances, and ANTINEOPLASTIC AGENTS.
Publications311 found, 100 shown here
- Coumarins with monoamine oxidase inhibitory activity and antioxidative coumarino-lignans from Hibiscus syriacusB S Yun
Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, P.O. Box 115, Yusong, Taejon 305-600, Korea
J Nat Prod 64:1238-40. 2001..The coumarin analogue and scopoletin inhibited monoamine oxidase with moderate IC(50) values. The new coumarino-lignan and cleomiscosin C showed lipid peroxidation inhibitory activity comparable to vitamin E...
- 1H and 13C NMR assignments for two new angular furanocoumarin glycosides from Peucedanum praeruptorumHaitao Chang
School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing 100083, China
Magn Reson Chem 45:611-4. 2007..Their chemical structures were determined by MS, NMR spectroscopy and chemical analysis. Complete assignments of the 1H and 13C NMR spectroscopic data were achieved by 1D and 2D NMR experiments including DEPT, HSQC, HMBC and ROESY...
- Antiproliferative effects of isopentenylated coumarins isolated from Phellolophium madagascariense BakerC Riviere
Institut de Chimie Pharmaceutique Albert Lespagnol, EA2692, rue J. Laguesse, BP 83, F-59006 Lille, France
Nat Prod Res 20:909-16. 2006From the leaves of Phellolophium madagascariense Baker (Apiaceae), an endemic herb to Madagascar, three known coumarins (osthol, murraol and meranzin hydrate) have been isolated and identified...
- Simocyclinone D8, an inhibitor of DNA gyrase with a novel mode of actionRuth H Flatman
Department of Biological Chemistry, John Innes Centre, Norwich Research Park, Colney, Norwich NR4 7UH, UK
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 49:1093-100. 2005..This is a novel mechanism for a gyrase inhibitor and presents new possibilities for antibacterial drug development...
- Converging pharmacological and genetic evidence indicates a role for steroid sulfatase in attentionWilliam Davies
Behavioural Genetics Group, School of Psychology and Department of Psychological Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Cardiff, London, United Kingdom
Biol Psychiatry 66:360-7. 2009..Preliminary work in mice and humans has suggested the X-linked gene STS (which encodes the enzyme steroid sulfatase) as a mediator of attentional functioning and as a candidate gene for ADHD...
- Immunomodulatory and anti-inflammatory activity of selected osthole derivativesMichał Zimecki
Department of Experimental Therapy, Institute of Immunology and Experimental Therapy, R Weigla str 12, 53 114, Wroclaw, Poland
Z Naturforsch C 64:361-8. 2009..5% and 68.3% inhibition, respectively). In summary, the compounds predominantly displayed suppressive and antiinflammatory activities in the investigated models...
- Inhibition of gastric H+,K+-ATPase activity by flavonoids, coumarins and xanthones isolated from Mexican medicinal plantsRicardo Reyes-Chilpa
Instituto de Quimica, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, D F Mexico, Mexico
J Ethnopharmacol 105:167-72. 2006..the properties of some of their chemical constituents, four natural xanthones, an acetylated derivative, two coumarins (mammea A/BA and mammea C/OA) isolated from Calophyllum brasiliense Cambess and two flavonoids (minimiflorin and ..
- Effects of osthole on migration and invasion in breast cancer cellsDapeng Yang
Department of Developmental Genetics, Nanjing Medical University, China
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 74:1430-4. 2010..This is the first report on the inhibitory function of Osthole in migration and invasion in breast cancer cells. Our findings indicate a need for further evaluation of Osthole in breast cancer chemotherapy and chemoprevention...
- Antitumor effects of Osthol from Cnidium monnieri: an in vitro and in vivo studySzu Yuan Chou
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Taipei Medical University Wan Fang Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan
Phytother Res 21:226-30. 2007..formosanum Yabe of Taiwan's endemic plants contained little osthol, with no imperatorin, and its major components were different from that of C. monnieri. Therefore, it is suggested that C. formosanum also may possess economic worth...
- Structures of the TetR-like simocyclinone efflux pump repressor, SimR, and the mechanism of ligand-mediated derepressionTung B K Le
Department of Molecular Microbiology, John Innes Centre, Norwich Research Park, Norwich NR4 7UH, UK
J Mol Biol 408:40-56. 2011....
- Isolation of 8'-phosphate ester derivatives of amicoumacins: structure-activity relationship of hydroxy amino acid moietyMakoto Hashimoto
Reseach Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Musashino University, Shinmachi, Nishitokyo, Tokyo, Japan
J Antibiot (Tokyo) 60:752-6. 2007..Comparison of the antibacterial activities against methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) of these compounds suggested that C-8' hydroxyl and C-12' amide group of amicoumacin A played a critical role for anti-MRSA activity...
- Cytotoxic activity of coumarins from the fruits of Cnidium monnieri on leukemia cell linesLing-Ling Yang
School of Pharmacy, College of Pharmacy, Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Planta Med 69:1091-5. 2003..Then, the CmF extract was subjected to silica gel column chromatography and recrystallization to give five coumarins: osthol, imperatorin, bergapten, isopimpinellin, and xanthotoxin...
- Cloning and analysis of the simocyclinone biosynthetic gene cluster of Streptomyces antibioticus Tü 6040Ute Galm
Pharmazeutische Biologie, Pharmazeutisches Institut, Auf der Morgenstelle 8, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Arch Microbiol 178:102-14. 2002..Feeding of the mutant with the aminocoumarin moiety of novobiocin led to a new, artificial simocyclinone derivative...
- A crystal structure of the bifunctional antibiotic simocyclinone D8, bound to DNA gyraseMarcus J Edwards
Department of Biological Chemistry, John Innes Centre, Colney, Norwich NR4 7UH, UK
Science 326:1415-8. 2009..Our results should facilitate the design of drug molecules that target these unexploited binding pockets...
- The structure and pharmacological functions of coumarins and their derivativesLonghuo Wu
Engineering Research Center of Molecular Medicine, Ministry of Education, Huaqiao University Main Campus, Quanzhou, China 362021
Curr Med Chem 16:4236-60. 2009b>Coumarins are of many different structures...
- Anti-oxidative and photo-protective effects of coumarins isolated from Fraxinus chinensisBum Chun Lee
College of Pharmacy, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju 361 763, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 30:1293-301. 2007..From these results, FCE and one of its components, esculetin, were predicted to be potentially useful as ingredients in cosmetics for protecting against photoaging...
- Wedelolactone suppresses LPS-induced caspase-11 expression by directly inhibiting the IKK complexM Kobori
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Cell Death Differ 11:123-30. 2004..We demonstrate that wedelolactone is an inhibitor of IKK, a kinase critical for activation of NF-kappaB by mediating phosphorylation and degradation of IkappaBalpha...
- Fluorescent single-stranded DNA binding protein as a probe for sensitive, real-time assays of helicase activityMark S Dillingham
DNA Protein Interactions Unit, Department of Biochemistry, School of Medical Sciences, University of Bristol, Bristol, United Kingdom
Biophys J 95:3330-9. 2008..Its use in the study of DNA manipulations involving ssDNA intermediates is demonstrated in assays for DNA unwinding, catalyzed by DNA helicases...
- Biosynthetic gene cluster of simocyclinone, a natural multihybrid antibioticA Trefzer
Pharmazeutische Biologie, , 79104 Freiburg, Germany
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:1174-82. 2002..Production of simocyclinone D8 was clearly detectable in the wild-type strain but was not detectable in the mutant strains. This indicated that indeed the sim gene cluster had been cloned...
- Increased bleeding risk with concurrent use of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors and coumarinsTom Schalekamp
Division of Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacotherapy, Utrecht Institute for Pharmaceutical Sciences, Faculty of Science, Utrecht University, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Arch Intern Med 168:180-5. 2008Treatment with vitamin K antagonists (coumarins) is associated with an increased risk of bleeding...
- Citrus auraptene suppresses azoxymethane-induced colonic preneoplastic lesions in C57BL/KsJ-db/db miceKei Hayashi
Department of Surgical Oncology, Oncologic Pathology, Kanazawa Medical University, 1 1 Daigaku, Uchinada, Oshikawaa 020 0903, Japan
Nutr Cancer 58:75-84. 2007....
- Cationic albumin-conjugated pegylated nanoparticles as novel drug carrier for brain deliveryWei Lu
Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, Fudan University (Fenglin Campus, Shanghai 200032, People's Republic of China
J Control Release 107:428-48. 2005..The significant results in vitro and in vivo showed that CBSA-NP was a promising brain drug delivery carrier with low toxicity...
- In vivo and in vitro patterns of the activity of simocyclinone D8, an angucyclinone antibiotic from Streptomyces antibioticusLisa M Oppegard
Department of Pharmacology, University of Minnesota Medical School Twin Cities, 6 120 Jackson Hall, 321 Church Street SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 53:2110-9. 2009....
- Dihydrochalcones and coumarins of Esenbeckia grandiflora subsp. brevipetiolataM Trani
Centro Chimica dei Recettori, C.N.R, Istituto di Chimica, U.C.S.C, Largo Francesco Vito 1, Roma 00168, Italy
Fitoterapia 75:99-102. 2004Six furoquinolines and five coumarins have been isolated from the roots of Esenbeckia grandiflora subsp. brevipetiolata. The leaves yielded two dihydrochalcones and two flavonol rhamnosides...
- Aggressive behavior induced by the steroid sulfatase inhibitor COUMATE and by DHEAS in CBA/H miceL B Nicolas
, , Comportement, , , , France
Brain Res 922:216-22. 2001..These results confirm the correlation between aggressive behavior and STS concentration in mice. In addition, we confirm that the steroid metabolism can modulate the behavior in rodents...
- Two new coumarins from Murraya paniculataSumayya Saied
Department of Chemistry, University of Karachi, Karachi, Pakistan
J Asian Nat Prod Res 10:515-9. 2008Two new coumarins, murrmeranzin (1) and murralonginal (2), together with four known compounds minumicrolin (3), murrangatin (4), meranzin hydrate (5) and hainanmurpanin (6) have been isolated from the aerial parts of Murraya paniculata...
- Xenobiotic reductase A in the degradation of quinoline by Pseudomonas putida 86: physiological function, structure and mechanism of 8-hydroxycoumarin reductionJulia J Griese
Laboratorium Proteinkristallographie, Universitat Bayreuth, Germany
J Mol Biol 361:140-52. 2006..putida strains unable to degrade quinoline, it appears to have more than one physiological function and is an example of how enzymes with low substrate specificity can help to explain the variety of degradation pathways possible...
- Simultaneous analysis of coumarins and secoiridoids in Cortex Fraxini by high-performance liquid chromatography-diode array detection-electrospray ionization tandem mass spectrometryLei Zhou
The State Key Laboratory of Natural and Biomimetic Drugs, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Peking University, No 38 Xueyuan Road, Beijing 100083, PR China
J Pharm Biomed Anal 47:39-46. 2008..The results indicated that the developed method could be considered to be a simple, rapid and reliable method for the quality evaluation of Cortex Fraxini...
- Protection of coumarins against linoleic acid hydroperoxide-induced cytotoxicityTakao Kaneko
Redox Regulation Research Group, Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Gerontology, 35 2 Sakaecho, Itabashi ku, Tokyo 173 0015, Japan
Chem Biol Interact 142:239-54. 2003b>Coumarins comprise a group of natural phenolic compounds found in a variety of plant sources...
- Biflavanones, flavonoids, and coumarins from the roots of Stellera chamaejasme and their antiviral effect on hepatitis B virusGuohong Yang
Department of Pharmacognosy, School of Pharmacy, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, P R China
Chem Biodivers 5:1419-24. 2008..Their structures and configurations were elucidated by spectroscopic methods including 2D-NMR techniques. Sikokianin A, chamaechromone, and quercetin showed in vitro antiviral activity against HBsAg secretion...
- In vitro GABA-transaminase inhibitory compounds from the root of Angelica dahuricaSoo Young Choi
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Division of Life Sciences, Hallym University, Chuncheon 200-702, Korea
Phytother Res 19:839-45. 2005..Repeated column chromatography for the EtOAc and n-BuOH fractions led to the isolation of two new coumarins, oxypeucedanin hydrate-3''-butyl ether and isopraeroside IV along with six known coumarins, isoimperatorin, ..
- HPLC comparison of supercritical fluid extraction and solvent extraction of coumarins from the peel of Citrus maxima fruitWen-Yuh Teng
Department of Agricultural Chemistry, National Taiwan University, Taipei
Phytochem Anal 16:459-62. 2005..Under the best SFE conditions tested for the three coumarins, which involved extraction at 50 degrees C and 27...
- Dietary administration with prenyloxycoumarins, auraptene and collinin, inhibits colitis-related colon carcinogenesis in miceHiroyuki Kohno
Department of Oncologic Pathology, Kanazawa Medical University, Uchinada, Ishikawa, Japan
Int J Cancer 118:2936-42. 2006..Our findings may suggest that certain prenyloxycoumarins, such as auraptene and collinin, could serve as an effective agent against colitis-related colon cancer development in rodents...
- Antioxidant activity of coumarins and flavonols from the resinous exudate of Haplopappus multifoliusRene Torres
Departamento de Ciencias del Ambiente, Fascultad de Química y Biología, Universidad de Santiago de Chile, Avda Bernardo O Higgins 3363, Santiago, Chile
Phytochemistry 67:984-7. 2006The antioxidant activity of eight coumarins and two flavonols isolated from Haplopappus multifolius was studied with the DPPH radical method...
- Antibacterial and anticoagulant activities of coumarins isolated from the flowers of Magydaris tomentosaSergio Rosselli
Dipartimento di Chimica Organica, Universita degli Studi di Palermo, Palermo, Italy
Planta Med 73:116-20. 2007..DC afforded six known coumarins as well as (+)-meranzin hydrate (7), not previously reported as a natural product...
- Coumarins incorporating hydroxy- and chloro-moieties selectively inhibit the transmembrane, tumor-associated carbonic anhydrase isoforms IX and XII over the cytosolic ones I and IIAlfonso Maresca
Universita degli Studi di Firenze, Laboratorio di Chimica Bioinorganica, Sesto Fiorentino Firenze, Italy
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 20:4511-4. 2010A series of coumarins incorporating hydroxy-, chloro- and/or chloromethyl-moieties in positions 3-, 4-, 6- and 7- of the heterocyclic ring were investigated for the inhibition of the zinc enzyme carbonic anhydrase (CA, EC 18.104.22.168)...
- Biologically active sesquiterpene coumarins from Ferula speciesZeinab Esmail Nazari
Biotechnology Research Center and School of Pharmacy, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, Mashhad, Iran
Phytother Res 25:315-23. 2011..antiviral, P-glycoprotein (P-gp) inhibitory and antiinflammatory activity have been attributed to sesquiterpene coumarins; structures containing a common coumarin group and a sesquiterpene moiety...
- 7,8-disubstituted- but not 6,7-disubstituted coumarins selectively inhibit the transmembrane, tumor-associated carbonic anhydrase isoforms IX and XII over the cytosolic ones I and II in the low nanomolar/subnanomolar rangeAlfonso Maresca
Universita degli Studi di Firenze, Laboratorio di Chimica Bioinorganica, Sesto Fiorentino Firenze, Italy
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 20:7255-8. 2010Two series of disubstituted coumarins incorporating ether and acetyl/propionyl moieties in positions 6,7- and 7,8- of the heterocyclic ring were synthesized investigated for the inhibition of the zinc enzyme carbonic anhydrase (CA, EC 4...
- Simultaneous characterization and quantitation of 11 coumarins in Radix Angelicae Dahuricae by high performance liquid chromatography with electrospray tandem mass spectrometryXuguang Zheng
Department of Pharmaceutical Analysis, School of Pharmacy, Hebei Medical University, 361 Zhongshan East Road, Shijiazhuang 050017, China
J Pharm Biomed Anal 51:599-605. 2010..By using this HPLC-ESI-MS/MS method, all 11 coumarins were separated and determined within 10min...
- In vitro and in vivo investigation of glucose-mediated brain-targeting liposomesYao Qin
Key Laboratory of Drug Targeting and Drug Delivery Systems, West China School of Pharmacy, Sichuan University, Chengdu, People s Republic of China
J Drug Target 18:536-49. 2010..43 times higher than that of LIP, and 3.10 times higher than that of CLP. Both pharmacokinetics and distribution in mice were also investigated to show that this novel brain targeting drug delivery system was promising...
- Cytotoxic Coumarins from the Bark of Mammea siamensisNgoc Trang Nhu Ngo
Ho Chi Minh City University of Science, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 58:1487-91. 2010..named surangin D), was isolated from the bark of Mammea siamensis collected in Vietnam, along with four known coumarins, surangins B and C, and theraphins B and C, and seven xanthones, 1,7-dihydroxyxanthone, 7-hydroxy-1-..
- Application of beta-oxodithioesters in domino and multicomponent reactions: facile route to dihydropyrimidines and coumarinsOkram Mukherjee Singh
Department of Chemistry, Manipur University, Canchipur 795003, India
J Org Chem 74:3141-4. 2009..The methodology involves the three-component Biginelli reaction. On the other hand, substituted salicylaldehyde and beta-oxodithioesters reacted under the same condition to afford the substituted 2H-chromene-2-thiones in high yields...
- Isolation of coumarins and ferulate from the roots of Angelica purpuraefolia and the antitumor activity of khellactoneHyeong Kyu Lee
Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Daejeon, Korea
Phytother Res 21:406-9. 2007..fraction of the roots of Angelica purpuraefolia, along with one ferulate (2) and three other known coumarins (3-5) including khellactone (3)...
- Simocyclinones, novel cytostatic angucyclinone antibiotics produced by Streptomyces antibioticus Tü 6040 II. Structure elucidation and biosynthesisMeike Holzenkämpfer
Institut fur Organische Chemie, Universitat Gottingen, Germany
J Antibiot (Tokyo) 55:301-7. 2002..The structure elucidation was done by one and two dimensional NMR experiments, and other spectroscopic methods in combination with incorporation experiments using 13C labelled precursors...
- Coupling of the biosynthesis and export of the DNA gyrase inhibitor simocyclinone in Streptomyces antibioticusTung B K Le
Department of Molecular Microbiology, John Innes Centre, Colney Lane, Norwich NR4 7UH, UK
Mol Microbiol 72:1462-74. 2009..In addition, an intermediate in the biosynthetic pathway, simocyclinone C4, which is essentially inactive as a DNA gyrase inhibitor, also induces simX expression in vivo and relieves simX repression by SimR in vitro...
- Poly(lactide)-vitamin E derivative/montmorillonite nanoparticle formulations for the oral delivery of DocetaxelSi Shen Feng
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, National University of Singapore, Block E5, 02 11, 4 Engineering Drive 4, Singapore 117576, Singapore
Biomaterials 30:3297-306. 2009..59% for Taxotere((R)) to 78% for the PLA-TPGS/MMT NP formulation and 91% for the PLA-TPGS NP formulation respectively. Oral chemotherapy by nanoparticles of biodegradable polymers is feasible...
- Inhibition of leukemic cell growth by a novel anti-cancer drug (GUT-70) from calophyllum brasiliense that acts by induction of apoptosisShinya Kimura
Department of Transfusion Medicine and Cell Therapy, Kyoto University Hospital, Kyoto, Japan
Int J Cancer 113:158-65. 2005..Thus, a novel anti-cancer drug, GUT-70 isolated from the stem bark of C. brasiliense induces caspase-mediated and p53-independent apoptosis to overcome multidrug resistance and may become a potent leukemia therapeutics...
- Polarity-sensitive coumarins tailored to live cell imagingGiovanni Signore
Center for Nanotechnology Innovation, p za San Silvestro 12, I 56127 Pisa, Italy
J Am Chem Soc 132:1276-88. 2010..We set up a robust synthetic procedure tunable on the substitution patterns to achieve. These coumarins possess excellent fluorescence quantum yields (up to 0...
- Design, synthesis, and biological evaluation of imidazolyl derivatives of 4,7-disubstituted coumarins as aromatase inhibitors selective over 17-α-hydroxylase/C17-20 lyaseAngela Stefanachi
Dipartimento Farmaco Chimico, Università degli Studi di Bari Aldo Moro, Via Orabona 4, I 70125 Bari, Italy
J Med Chem 54:1613-25. 2011..identification of the most important interactions driving the binding and clearly indicated the allowed and disallowed regions for appropriate structural modifications of coumarins and closely related heterocyclic molecular scaffolds.
- Accumulation of coumarins in Arabidopsis thalianaKosuke Kai
Institute for Chemical Research, Kyoto University, Gokasho, Uji, Kyoto 611 0011, Japan
Phytochemistry 67:379-86. 2006The biosynthesis of coumarins in plants is not well understood, although these metabolic pathways are often found in the plant kingdom. We report here the occurrence of coumarins in Arabidopsis thaliana ecotype Columbia...
- The Au(I)-catalyzed intramolecular hydroarylation of terminal alkynes under mild conditions: application to the synthesis of 2H-chromenes, coumarins, benzofurans, and dihydroquinolinesRajeev S Menon
Research School of Chemistry, Institute of Advanced Studies, The Australian National University, Canberra, ACT 0200, Australia
J Org Chem 74:8901-3. 2009....
- Antinociceptive properties of coumarins, steroid and dihydrostyryl-2-pyrones from Polygala sabulosa (Polygalaceae) in miceFlavia Carla Meotti
, Universidade Federal de Santa Maria, 97110-000, Santa Maria, RS- Brazil
J Pharm Pharmacol 58:107-12. 2006..sabulosa that produced marked antinociception against the acetic acid-induced visceral nociceptive response, supporting the ethnomedical use of P. sabulosa...
- Chemoprevention of 4-nitroquinoline 1-oxide-induced oral carcinogenesis by citrus auraptene in ratsT Tanaka
First Department of Pathology, Kanazawa Medical University, Uchinada, Ishikawa, Japan
Carcinogenesis 19:425-31. 1998....
- Recent advances in coumarins and 1-azacoumarins as versatile biodynamic agentsManohar V Kulkarni
Department of Applied Chemistry, National Chiao-Tung University, Hsinchu 300-50, Taiwan
Curr Med Chem 13:2795-818. 2006b>Coumarins, also referred as benzopyran-2-ones, and their corresponding nitrogen counterpart, 1-azacoumarins also referred to as carbostyrils, are a family of nature-occurring lactones and lactams respectively...
- Synthesis and biological evaluation of functionalized coumarins as acetylcholinesterase inhibitorsQiong Shen
School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou 510275, China
Eur J Med Chem 40:1307-15. 2005..19+/-0.01 microM and a high selectivity for AChE/BuChE, and compound 6b acted as non-competitive AChE inhibitor with IC50 value of 0.43+/-0.02 microM. Structure-activity relationships (SARs) of prepared compounds were discussed...
- Synthesis of coumarins, 4-hydroxycoumarins, and 4-hydroxyquinolinones by tellurium-triggered cyclizationsDonald C Dittmer
Department of Chemistry, Syracuse University, Room 1 014 CST, Syracuse, New York 13244, USA
J Org Chem 70:4682-6. 2005b>Coumarins, 4-hydroxycoumarins, and 4-hydroxyquinolin-2(1H)-ones can be conveniently prepared by treatment of alpha-halocarboxylic acid esters of salicylaldehyde, o-hydroxyacetophenone, methyl salicylate, and methyl N-methyl- or N-..
- Sustained intake of paracetamol (acetaminophen) during oral anticoagulant therapy with coumarins does not cause clinically important INR changes: a randomized double-blind clinical trialA P A Gadisseur
Department of Haematology/Haemostasis and Thrombosis Research Unit, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Thromb Haemost 1:714-7. 2003..A difference has to be made between those patients taking paracetamol (acetaminophen) for pain relief or as an antipyretic during infectious diseases...
- Simple coumarins and analogues in medicinal chemistry: occurrence, synthesis and biological activityF Borges
Unidade de Química Física Molecular Laboratório de Química Organica, Faculdade de Farmacia, Universidade do Porto, 4050 047 Porto, Portugal
Curr Med Chem 12:887-916. 2005b>Coumarins, also known as benzopyrones, are present in remarkable amounts in plants, although their presence has also been detected in microorganisms and animal sources...
- Knoevenagel reaction in [MMIm][MSO₄]: synthesis of coumarinsPedro Verdía
Department of Organic Chemistry, Faculty of Chemistry, University of Vigo, Pontevedra 36310, Spain
Molecules 16:4379-88. 2011..When L-proline is used as an additional promoter to obtain coumarins from o-hydroxybenzaldehydes, the reaction also proceeds in high yields...
- Coumarins during pregnancy: long-term effects on growth and development of school-age childrenJ Wesseling
Department of Paediatrics, Beatrix Children's Hospital, University Hospital Groningen, The Netherlands
Thromb Haemost 85:609-13. 2001..Its efficacy, however, in pregnant women with prosthetic heart valves is questioned, therefore coumarins are preferred for this indication...
- Inhibition of concanavalin A-induced mice hepatitis by coumarin derivativesT Okamoto
Research Laboratories, Nippon Chemiphar Co, Ltd, Misato, Saitama, Japan
Jpn J Pharmacol 85:95-7. 2001..2 mg/mouse, i.v.)-induced hepatitis were studied. At the dose of 200 mg/kg (i.p.), these coumarins inhibited more than 90% of the Con A-induced elevation of plasma alanine aminotransferase activity, but ..
- Identification and quantification of coumarins in Peucedanum ostruthium (L.) Koch by HPLC-DAD and HPLC-DAD-MSSylvia Vogl
Department of Pharmacognosy, University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
J Agric Food Chem 59:4371-7. 2011..HPLC-DAD-MS) method has been developed for the simultaneous identification and quantification of its main coumarins, oxypeucedanin hydrate, oxypeucedanin, ostruthol, imperatorin, osthole, isoimperatorin, and ostruthin...
- Antioxidant activities of coumarins from Korean medicinal plants and their structure-activity relationshipsPhuong Thien Thuong
College of Pharmacy, Chungnam National University, Daejeon 305 764, Korea
Phytother Res 24:101-6. 2010The aim of this work was to study the structure-activity relationships of the antioxidant activity of natural coumarins isolated from four Korean medicinal plants (1-17) and four purchased coumarins (18-21)...
- The design, synthesis, and evaluation of coumarin ring derivatives of the novobiocin scaffold that exhibit antiproliferative activityAlison C Donnelly
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, 1251 Wescoe Hall Drive, Malott 4070, The University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas 66045 7563, USA
J Org Chem 73:8901-20. 2008..Results obtained from these studies have produced novobiocin analogues that manifest low micromolar activity against several cancer cell lines...
- Docking studies of sulphamate inhibitors of estrone sulphatase in human carbonic anhydrase IINigel Vicker
Medicinal Chemistry, Department of Pharmacy and Pharmacology and Sterix Ltd, University of Bath, Bath BA2 7AY, UK
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 13:863-5. 2003..The docking scores are compared with the inhibition of hCA II and show good correlation with biological activity...
- Cytotoxic activity of new lanthanum (III) complexes of bis-coumarinsIrena Kostova
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Medical University, 2 Dunav Street, Sofia 1000, Bulgaria
Eur J Med Chem 40:542-51. 2005Complexes of lanthanum (III) with bis-coumarins: bis(4-hydroxy-2-oxo-2H-chromen-3-yl)-piridin-2-yl-methane; bis(4-hydroxy-2-oxo-2H-chromen-3-yl)-piridin-3-yl-methane and bis(4-hydroxy-2-oxo-2H-chromen-3-yl)-piridin-4-yl-methane were ..
- Antitumor-promoting activity of coumarins from citrus plantsChihiro Ito
Faculty of Pharmacy, Meijo University, Tempaku, Nagoya, Japan
Planta Med 71:84-7. 2005In order to identify antitumor-promoting agents, we performed primary in vitro screening of 31 coumarins isolated from 11 plants of the Citrus species (Rutaceae), examining their possible inhibitory effects on Epstein-Barr virus early ..
- Studies on coumarins and coumarin-related compounds to determine their therapeutic role in the treatment of cancerAoife Lacy
Applied Biochemistry Group, School of Biotechnology, Dublin City University, Glasnevin, Dublin 9, Ireland
Curr Pharm Des 10:3797-811. 2004The Benzopyrones are a group of compounds whose members include coumarins and flavonoids. Dietary exposure to benzopyrones is quite significant, as these compounds are found in vegetables, fruit, seeds, nuts, coffee, tea and wine...
- Steroid sulfatase: molecular biology, regulation, and inhibitionM J Reed
Endocrinology and Metabolic Medicine, Imperial College, St Mary s Hospital, London W2 1NY, United Kingdom
Endocr Rev 26:171-202. 2005..The development of potent STS inhibitors will allow investigation of the role of this enzyme in physiological and pathological processes...
- Dietary supplementation of the citrus antioxidant auraptene inhibits N,N-diethylnitrosamine-induced rat hepatocarcinogenesisKeiko Sakata
Department of Pathology, Gifu University School of Medicine, Gifu, Japan
Oncology 66:244-52. 2004....
- Computer-assisted, high-performance liquid chromatography with mass spectrometric detection for the analysis of coumarins in Peucedanum palustre and Angelica archangelicaManu Eeva
Faculty of Pharmacy, Division of Pharmacognosy, PO Box 56, University of Helsinki, FIN 000014 Helsinki, Finland
Phytochem Anal 15:167-74. 2004..pressure chemical ionisation MS detection has been developed for the separation and identification of coumarins in plants of Peucedanum palustre L. (Moench) and Angelica archangelica (L.) var. archangelica...
- Osthole-mediated cell differentiation through bone morphogenetic protein-2/p38 and extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1/2 pathway in human osteoblast cellsPo Lin Kuo
Department of Biotechnology, Chia Nan University of Pharmacy and Science, Tainan, Taiwan
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 314:1290-9. 2005..In this study, we demonstrate that osthole is a promising agent for treating osteoporosis...
- Suppression of beta-catenin mutation by dietary exposure of auraptene, a citrus antioxidant, in N,N-diethylnitrosamine-induced hepatocellular carcinomas in ratsAkira Hara
Department of Tumor Pathology, Graduate School of Medicine, Gifu University, 1 1 Yanagido, Gifu 501 1194, Japan
Oncol Rep 14:345-51. 2005..These results demonstrate that AUR exposure in post-initiation period suppresses the occurrence of HCCs with beta-catenin mutation, presumably by negative selection for neoplastic cells harboring the mutation...
- Modulating furin activity with designed mini-PDX peptides: synthesis and in vitro kinetic evaluationAjoy Basak
Diseases of Aging Program, Regional Protein Chemistry Center, Ottawa Health Research Institute, University of Ottawa, Loeb Building, 725 Parkdale Ave, Ottawa, ON, K1Y 4E9, Canada
FEBS Lett 579:4813-21. 2005..Unlike PDX, these peptides inhibit furin via a different mechanistic pathway. The study provides an alternate strategy for development of efficient peptide-based inhibitors of Proprotein Convertases including furin...
- 7-Azidomethoxy-coumarins as profluorophores for templated nucleic acid detectionRaphael M Franzini
Department of Chemistry, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305 5080, USA
Chembiochem 9:2981-8. 2008..In addition, turnover of the probes on the target strand occurs and yields substantial signal amplification...
- Metabolism and absorption of auraptene (7-geranyloxylcoumarin) in male SD rats: comparison with 7-ethoxycoumarinWataru Kuki
Plant Biotechnology Laboratory, Wakayama Prefectural Federation of Agricultural Cooperatives, Wakayama, Japan
Nutr Cancer 60:368-72. 2008..Our results suggest that AUR, which bears a geranyloxyl side chain, has a longer life span than ETC, and this property may be associated with its previously reported chemopreventive and xenobiotics metabolizing activities...
- The omlA gene is involved in multidrug resistance and its expression is inhibited by coumarins in Xanthomonas campestris pv. phaseoliMayuree Fuangthong
Laboratory of Biotechnology, Chulabhorn Research Institute, Lak Si, Bangkok 10210, Thailand
Arch Microbiol 189:211-8. 2008..Although the promoters of omlA and fur overlapped, Fur did not play any regulatory role in the expression of omlA due to the fact that inactivation of Fur did not affect the expression of omlA either in the presence or absence of iron...
- The steroid sulfatase inhibitor COUMATE attenuates rather than enhances access of dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate to the brain in the mouseLaurent B Nicolas
Department of Physiology, University College London, Gower Street, London, WC1E 6BT, UK
Brain Res 1174:92-6. 2007..p. were attenuated by pretreatment with COUMATE. The results suggest that the arylsulfamate based steroid sulfatase inhibitors such as COUMATE interfere with the influx of the DHEAS anion into the brain...
- Protective effects of citrus nobiletin and auraptene in transgenic rats developing adenocarcinoma of the prostate (TRAP) and human prostate carcinoma cellsMingxi Tang
Department of Experimental Pathology and Tumor Biology, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, 1 Kawasumi, Mizuho cho, Mizuho ku, Nagoya 467 8601, Japan
Cancer Sci 98:471-7. 2007..In conclusion, these compounds, particularly nobiletin, may be valuable for prostate cancer prevention...
- Citrus auraptene suppresses cyclin D1 and significantly delays N-methyl nitrosourea induced mammary carcinogenesis in female Sprague-Dawley ratsPrasad Krishnan
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology and Neuroscience, LSUHSC Shreveport, Louisiana, USA
BMC Cancer 9:259. 2009..Thus, our goal was to determine the anticarcinogenic effects of auraptene against breast cancer...
- Cytosporones, coumarins, and an alkaloid from the endophytic fungus Pestalotiopsis sp. isolated from the Chinese mangrove plant RhizophoramucronataJing Xu
Institut fur Pharmazeutische Biologie und Biotechnologie, Heinrich Heine Universitat, Geb 26 23, Universitatsstrasse 1, D 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
Bioorg Med Chem 17:7362-7. 2009..Chinese mangrove Rhizophora mucronata, yielded 11 new compounds including cytosporones J-N (1-3, 5-6), five new coumarins pestalasins A-E (8-12), and a new alkaloid named pestalotiopsoid A (14), along with the known compounds ..
- Attenuation of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis in C57 BL/6 mice by osthole, a natural coumarinXiaohong Chen
Department of Neurology, The Third Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, 600 Tianhe Road, Guangzhou, Guangdong 510630, China
Eur J Pharmacol 629:40-6. 2010..In addition, osthole blocked the reduction of NGF and suppressed IFN-gamma increase in EAE mice. These results suggested that osthole might be a new pharmacological approach to treat multiple sclerosis...
- Comparison of citrus coumarins on carcinogen-detoxifying enzymes in Nrf2 knockout miceMisty Prince
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology and Neuroscience, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Feist Weiller Cancer Center, Shreveport, LA 71130, United States
Toxicol Lett 185:180-6. 2009Naturally occurring coumarins possess anti-carcinogenic activities in part by inducing carcinogen-detoxifying enzymes glutathione S-transferase (GST) and/or NAD(P)H quinone oxidoreductase (NQO1)...
- Naturally occurring coumarins inhibit 7,12-dimethylbenz[a]anthracene DNA adduct formation in mouse mammary glandMisty Prince
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology and Neuroscience Louisiana State University-Health Sciences Center, Shreveport, LA, USA
Carcinogenesis 27:1204-13. 2006Naturally occurring coumarins (NOCs) are anti-carcinogenic in the mouse skin model...
- Cytotoxic activity of new cerium (III) complexes of bis-coumarinsIrena Kostova
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Medical University, 2 Dunav Street, Sofia 1000, Bulgaria
Eur J Med Chem 40:1246-54. 2005Complexes of cerium (III) with bis-coumarins: 3,3'-benzylidene-bis(4-hydroxy-2H-1-benzopyran-2-one) and bis(4-hydroxy-2-oxo-2H-chromen-3-yl)-(1H-pyrazol-3-yl)-methane were synthesized by reaction of cerium (III) salt and the ligands, in ..
- Effects of naturally occurring coumarins on hepatic drug-metabolizing enzymes in miceHeather E Kleiner
Department of Carcinogenesis, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Science Park Research Division, Park Road 1 C, Smithville, TX 78957, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 232:337-50. 2008..The purpose of the present study was to compare a broader range of naturally occurring coumarins (simple coumarins, and furanocoumarins of the linear and angular type) for their abilities to modulate hepatic ..
- Antimicrobial intermediates of the general phenylpropanoid and lignin specific pathwaysM S Barber
School of Biological Sciences, University of Southampton, UK
Phytochemistry 54:53-6. 2000..In contrast, the hydroxycinnamic acids and hydroxycinnamyl alcohols possessed little antimicrobial activity, with the exception of the hydroxycinnamic acids, which were antibacterial...
- Steroid sulphatase inhibitors for breast cancer therapyA Purohit
Endocrinology and Metabolic Medicine and Sterix Ltd, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College, St Mary s Hospital, London W2 1NY, UK
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 86:423-32. 2003..Second generation inhibitors, such as 2-MeOE2bisMATE, which also inhibit the growth of ER- tumours should be active against a wide range of cancers...
- The antiproliferative effect of coumarins on several cancer cell linesS Kawaii
Laboratory of Bio-organic Chemistry, Tokyo Denki University, Hatoyama, Saitama 350-0394, Japan
Anticancer Res 21:917-23. 2001Twenty-one coumarins were examined for their antiproliferative activity towards several cancer cell lines, namely lung carcinoma (A549), melanin pigment producing mouse melanoma (B16 melanoma 4A5), human T-cell leukemia (CCRF-HSB-2), and ..
- Effect of coumarins started before coronary angioplasty on acute complications and long-term follow-up: a randomized trialJ M ten Berg
Department of Interventional Cardiology, St Antonius Hospital, Nieuwegein, The Netherlands
Circulation 102:386-91. 2000..Whether coumarins can prevent these complications is unclear...
- Photo-mediated gene activation using caged RNA/DNA in zebrafish embryosH Ando
Laboratory for Developmental Gene Regulation, Brain Science Institute, RIKEN (The Institute of Physical and Chemical Research, 2-1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama 351-0198, Japan
Nat Genet 28:317-25. 2001....
- Deactivation behavior and excited-state properties of (coumarin-4-yl)methyl derivatives. 2. Photocleavage of selected (coumarin-4-yl)methyl-caged adenosine cyclic 3',5'-monophosphates with fluorescence enhancementTorsten Eckardt
Institute of Molecular Pharmacology, , D-13125 Berlin, Germany
J Org Chem 67:703-10. 2002..The rate constant for the ester cleavage and liberation of cAMP is about 10(9) s(-1), estimated for the axial isomer of 6 by analysis of the fluorescence increase of the alcohol 12 formed upon laser pulse photolysis...
- Synthesis and antifungal activity of coumarins and angular furanocoumarinsS Sardari
Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
Bioorg Med Chem 7:1933-40. 1999..furanocoumarin, that showed antifungal activity, was considered as a lead structure for a group of synthetic coumarins. Antifungal activities of the synthesized coumarins and angelicin derivatives were reported against Candida ..
- Antibacterial coumarins from Angelica gigas rootsSanghyun Lee
Natural Products Research Institute, Seoul National University, Seoul 110-460, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 26:449-52. 2003Systematic fractionation of Angelica gigas roots led to the isolation of linear furano(pyrano)coumarins such as bergapten (1), decursinol angelate (2), decursin (3), nodakenetin (4) and nodakenin (5)...
- Citrus auraptene exerts dose-dependent chemopreventive activity in rat large bowel tumorigenesis: the inhibition correlates with suppression of cell proliferation and lipid peroxidation and with induction of phase II drug-metabolizing enzymesT Tanaka
First Department of Pathology, Kanazawa Medical University, Uchinada, Ishikawa, Japan
Cancer Res 58:2550-6. 1998....
- Rapid and convenient method for preparing aurapten-enriched product from hassaku peel oil: implications for cancer-preventive food additivesYasuo Takahashi
Wakayama Agricultural Processing Research Corporation, 398 Tsukatsuki, Momoyama-Chou, Naga-gun, Wakayama 649-61, Japan
J Agric Food Chem 50:3193-6. 2002..The stability of aurapten in the aurapten-enriched preparation was higher than that of purified aurapten. These results suggest that aurapten is readily recovered from hassaku peel oil using SP70, and thus may be used as a food additive...
- Risk factors for bleeding in patients taking coumarinsRebecca J Beyth
Division of General Medical Sciences, Washington University School of Medicine, Campus Box 8005, 660 S. Euclid Avenue, St. Louis, MO 63110, USA
Curr Hematol Rep 1:41-9. 2002b>Coumarins (e.g., warfarin) are used for the treatment and prophylaxis of venous and arterial thromboembolism. Unfortunately, their use is limited by bleeding...
- [7-(Dialkylamino)coumarin-4-yl]methyl-Caged Compounds as Ultrafast and Effective Long-Wavelength Phototriggers of 8-Bromo-Substituted Cyclic NucleotidesVolker Hagen
Forschungsinstitut für Molekulare Pharmakologie Robert Rössle Strasse 10, 13125 Berlin, Germany
Chembiochem 4:434-42. 2003..of the free acids of the cyclic nucleotides with the corresponding 7(dialkylamino)-substituted 4(diazomethyl)coumarins. Irradiation of the DMACM- and DEACM-caged cyclic nucleotides with UV light stimulates the release of the cyclic ..
- 8-(2-bromo-3-methoxy-3-methylbutyl)-7-methoxycoumarinK Anand Solomon
Department of Crystallography and Biophysics, University of Madras, Guindy Campus, Chennai 600 025, India
Acta Crystallogr C 59:O40-1. 2003..The benzopyran ring displays aromatic character. The packing of the molecules in the lattice is mainly due to C-H...O hydrogen bonds...
- Designing better coumarin-based fluorogenic substrates for PTP1BChristopher P Holmes
Affymax, Inc, Department of Chemistry, 4001 Miranda Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 18:3382-5. 2008....
- [Studies on the chemical constituents from the roots and rhizomes of Gerbera piloselloides]Ying Xao
Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing 100050, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 27:594-6. 2002..CONCLUSION: Compound I, V and VI were isolated from Gerbera genus for the first time...
- NATURAL & SYNTHETIC COUMARINS AS ANTICARCINOGENIC AGENTSJohn DiGiovanni; Fiscal Year: 2002..We have recently found that several natural, as well as novel synthetic coumarins, have the potential to be effective inhibitors of mouse skin carcinogenesis by PAHs...
- Analysis of Phenolic Phytochemical by ESI-MSJennifer Brodbelt; Fiscal Year: 2003..quantitation of flavonoids in kale, soy, and urine, the second involving the identification and quantitation of coumarins in urine and tissue, the third involving the quantitation and identification of tocopherol compounds in tissue, ..
- Anticarcinogenic effects of naturally occurring coumarins on mammary carcinogenesHEATHER KLEINER HANCOCK; Fiscal Year: 2007..Award will enable me to study the extent and mechanisms of the inhibitory effects of naturally occurring coumarins (NOCs) and 1'-acetoxychavicol acetate (ACA) in human and rodent models of mammary carcinogenesis...
- Pilot-Scale Heterocyclic and Carbocyclic Libraries for High Throughout ScreeningRICHARD LAROCK; Fiscal Year: 2007..alkenes and arynes will be employed to prepare specially diverse libraries of indoles, benzofurans, benzopyrans, coumarins, isocoumarins, phthalides, pyrones, 2-quinolones, pyridines, isoquinolin-1-ones, isoindolin-1-ones, ..
- Dual Direct Inhibitors of Thrombin and Factor XaUmesh Desai; Fiscal Year: 2009..Anticoagulants, including heparins and coumarins, are the mainstay of treatment and prevention of thromboembolic disorders...
- Dual Direct Inhibitors of Thrombin and Factor XaUMESH RAMANLAL DESAI; Fiscal Year: 2010..Anticoagulants, including heparins and coumarins, are the mainstay of treatment and prevention of thromboembolic disorders...
- Synthesis of Medicinally Important HeterocyclesRICHARD LAROCK; Fiscal Year: 2007..and heteroatom analogues, furans, thiophenes, pyrroles, oxazoles, isoxazoles, pyrazoles, pyridines, quinolines, coumarins, indenes, indenones, naphthols, and phenols...
- Novel Extended Red-Shifted Rhodamine DyesNICHOLAS CAIRNS; Fiscal Year: 2004..In existing applications of commonly used short and medium wavelength dyes such as coumarins, fluoresceins and rhodamines, assay or tissue components can severely interfere with the fluorescence properties ..
- ENDOCRINE DISRUPTING CHEMICALS AND AROMATASEShiuan Chen; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed studies will focus on 1014 phytochemicals (including chalcones, chromones, coumarins, flavanones, flavones and isoflavones) that would be purchased from Indofine Co (Somerville, New Jersey)...
- ENDOCRINE DISRUPTING CHEMICALS AND AROMATASEShiuan Chen; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed studies will focus on 1014 phytochemicals (including chalcones, chromones, coumarins, flavanones, flavones and isoflavones) that would be purchased from Indofine Co (Somerville, New Jersey)...
- Antioxidants and oxidative damage in mitochondriaCecilia Giulivi; Fiscal Year: 2004..The antioxidant effect of flavonoids, coumarins, and catechins will be studied in terms of hydroxyl substitution, conjugation of rings, and o-methylation of ..
- Antioxidants and oxidative damage in mitochondriaCecilia Giulivi; Fiscal Year: 2002..The antioxidant effect of flavonoids, coumarins, and catechins will be studied in terms hydroxyl substitution, conjugation of rings, and o- methylation of ..
- Cytochrome P450 in Nicotine MetabolismSharon Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Cytochrome P450 in Nicotine MetabolismSharon Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2007..Also of key importance, is that the inactivation of P450 2A enzymes will impact the metabolism of the tobacco specific carcinogens, NNK and NNN. ..
- Cytochrome P450 in Nicotine MetabolismSharon E Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2010..Also of key importance, is that the inactivation of P450 2A enzymes will impact the metabolism of the tobacco specific carcinogens, NNK and NNN. ..
- MOLECULAR MECHANISM OF PHOTORECEPTOR G PROTEIN SIGNALINGNikolai Artemyev; Fiscal Year: 2007..Overall, these studies will help to achieve a better understanding of Gt signaling mechanisms as well as other G protein signaling systems and will provide information relevant to retinal diseases. ..
- Zinc Fluorescence Biosensing and Imaging TechnologyRichard Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2007..If successful, we anticipate that our technology will be of use in understanding and developing treatments for the conditions listed above. ..
- Molecular Target Focused Discovery of Anticancer DrugsGEORGE PETTIT; Fiscal Year: 2005..In summary, the proposed research will be sharply aimed at the discovery and very rapid development of new anticancer drugs for the NCI programs directed at improving human cancer treatments. ..
- INHIBITION OF TRYPANOSOMAL AND LEISHMANIAL GLYCOLYSISMichael Gelb; Fiscal Year: 1999
- Regulation of Retinal cGMP PhosphodiesterasesNikolai Artemyev; Fiscal Year: 2009..This research would develop a new level of understanding of structure, function, and regulation of PDE6 necessary to uncover the mechanisms of PDE6 mutations in diseased retina. ..
- BIOCHEMISTRY OF PROTEIN PRENYLATIONChristophe L M J Verlinde; Fiscal Year: 2010..Malaria and African sleeping sickness kill about 2 million and 200,000 people, respectively, each year. New drugs are needed because existing drugs are either ineffective or resistance has developed. ..
- SYNTHESIS OF SPONGISTATIN ANTITUMOR AGENTSAMOS SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- SYNTHESIS OF PHYLLANTHOSIDE RELATED ANTITUMOR AGENTSAMOS SMITH; Fiscal Year: 1991..Once such features are identified, the design of new and possibly more effective antitumor drugs should be feasible...
- Design and Synthesis of HIV-1 Protease InhibitorsAMOS SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- NMR systems : 2 Bruker Avance 500 ConsolesAMOS SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2006..The areas of public health research include, among others, cancer, infectious diseases, neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's disease, and heart and cardiovascular disease. ..
- ANTICANCER AGENTS--STRUCTURE AND SYNTHESISAMOS SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2004..The design of new and possibly more effective agents should then be feasible. ..
- Pilot-Scale Libraries for High-throughput ScreeningAMOS SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2007....