Summary: A bioflavonoid that strengthens vascular walls.
Publications117 found, 100 shown here
- Chronic venous insufficiency and the therapeutic effects of Daflon 500 mgJohn J Bergan
University of California, San Diego, CA, USA
Angiology 56:S21-4. 2005..Because venous insufficiency is linked to venous hypertension and an inflammatory reaction, it appears that Daflon 500 mg 2 tablets daily shows a great potential for accomplishing blockade of the inflammatory cascade...
- Comparison of Pycnogenol and Daflon in treating chronic venous insufficiency: a prospective, controlled studyM R Cesarone
Irvine2 Vascular Lab and Physiology, Department of Biomedical Sciences, G D'Annunzio, Chieti-Pescara University, San Valentino Vascular Screening Project, Faculty of Motory Sciences, L'Aquila University, Italy
Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 12:205-12. 2006..UK) in patients with severe chronic venous insufficiency (CVI) in comparison to the combination of diosmin and hesperidin (Daflon, Servier, France)...
- Chronic venous insufficiency: worldwide results of the RELIEF study. Reflux assEssment and quaLity of lIfe improvEment with micronized FlavonoidsG Jantet
, Paris, France
Angiology 53:245-56. 2002..Patients were treated with micronized purified flavonoid fraction (MPFF), consisting of 450 mg of micronized diosmin and 50 mg of flavonoids expressed in hesperidin over 6 months...
- HR, 0-(beta-hydroxyethyl)-rutosides, in comparison with diosmin+hesperidin in chronic venous insufficiency and venous microangiopathy: an independent, prospective, comparative registry studyM R Cesarone
Irvine2 Vasc Lab and Physiology, Department of Biomedical Sciences, Chieti University, San Valentino Vascular Screening Project, Italy
Angiology 56:1-8. 2005..study was to investigate differences in efficacy between HR, (0-[beta-hydroxyethyl]-rutosides) and D+H (500 mg, diosmin+hesperidin) in patients with chronic venous insufficiency (CVI)...
- Micronised purified flavonoid fraction: a review of its use in chronic venous insufficiency, venous ulcers and haemorrhoidsKatherine A Lyseng-Williamson
Adis International Limited, Mairangi Bay, Auckland, New Zealand
Drugs 63:71-100. 2003..purified flavonoid fraction (MPFF) [Daflon 500 mg], an oral phlebotropic drug consisting of 90% micronised diosmin and 10% flavonoids expressed as hesperidin, improves venous tone and lymphatic drainage, and reduces capillary ..
- Diosmin pretreatment affects bioavailability of metronidazoleK Rajnarayana
Drug Metabolism and Clinical Pharmacokinetics Division, University College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kakatiya University, AP-506009, Warangal, India
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 58:803-7. 2003OBJECTIVE. To screen for inhibitory effects of diosmin on cytochrome P(450)-mediated metabolism of metronidazole in healthy volunteers. DESIGN. Before/after non-blinded investigation conducted in healthy male volunteers. METHODS...
- Diosmin and diosmetin are agonists of the aryl hydrocarbon receptor that differentially affect cytochrome P450 1A1 activityH P Ciolino
Cellular Defense and Carcinogenesis Section, Division of Basic Sciences, National Cancer Institute Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, NIH, Maryland 21702 1201, USA
Cancer Res 58:2754-60. 1998We investigated the effect of the chemopreventive compound diosmin and its aglycone form, diosmetin, on the carcinogen activation pathway mediated by the aryl hydrocarbon receptor (AhR) in MCF-7 human breast epithelial cancer cells...
- Flavonoid treatment in patients with healed venous ulcer: flow cytometry analysis suggests increased CD11b expression on neutrophil granulocytes in the circulationGudmundur Danielsson
Department of Vascular Diseases, Malmo University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
Vasc Med 8:83-8. 2003..Ten patients with a healed venous ulcer were treated with flavonoid substance (90% diosmin), 1000 mg three times daily for 30 days...
- Effects of citrus flavonoids on redox homeostasis of toxin-injured liver in ratErika Rapavi
II Department of Medicine, Semmelweis University, Szentkiralyi u 46, H 1088 Budapest, Hungary
Acta Biol Hung 57:415-22. 2006In order to evaluate the effect of diosmin-hesperidin containing drug on redox balance and Cu, Zn, Fe and Mn concentrations of toxin-injured liver, Wistar albino rats were subjected to thioacetamide administration (500 mg TAA/l in their ..
- Simultaneous reversed-phase high-performance liquid chromatographic method for the determination of diosmin, hesperidin and naringin in different citrus fruit juices and pharmaceutical formulationsFeras Imad Kanaze
Department of Pharmacy, School of Health Sciences, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, 54124 Thessaloniki, Greece
J Pharm Biomed Anal 33:243-9. 2003b>Diosmin, hesperidin and naringin are flavonoid glycosides that occur naturally in citrus fruits...
- From skin disorders to venous leg ulcers: pathophysiology and efficacy of Daflon 500 mg in ulcer healingPhilip D Coleridge Smith
Department of Surgery, The Middlesex Hospital, London, UK
Angiology 54:S45-50. 2003..There is clinical evidence that MPFF modifies venous leg ulcer healing...
- Surgical correction of varicose vein disease under micronized diosmin protection (results of the Russian multicenter controlled trial DEFANS)A V Pokrovsky
Department of Faculty Surgery, Faculty for Postgraduate Training of Physicians, Russian State Medical University, Moscow
Angiol Sosud Khir 13:47-55. 2007..The main group (n=200) received micronized diosmin (Detralex, 1000 mg/day) for 2 weeks before and 30 days after the procedure; control group (n=45) did not receive ..
- Effects of purified micronized flavonoid fraction (Detralex) on prophylactic treatment of adjuvant arthritis with methotrexate in ratsJozef Rovensky
National Institute of Rheumatic Diseases, Piest any, Slovak Republic
Isr Med Assoc J 10:377-80. 2008..It is suggested that the beneficial effect of purified micronized flavonoid fraction may be involved in the treatment of adjuvant arthritis in rats...
- Therapeutic approach to chronic venous insufficiency and its complications: place of Daflon 500 mgJ J Bergan
Department of Surgery, University of California, San Diego, USA
Angiology 52:S43-7. 2001..Daflon 500 mg, the purified micronized flavonoid fraction containing 90% diosmin and 10% hesperidin, acts favorably in venous ulcer treatment by inhibiting the synthesis of prostaglandins and ..
- The social and economic burden of venous leg ulcers: focus on the role of micronized purified flavonoid fraction adjuvant therapyMarian Simka
Out Patient Department of Angiology, Pszczyna ul Wodzislawska 78 43 200 Pszczyna, Poland
Am J Clin Dermatol 4:573-81. 2003..8 US dollars vs 1871.9 US dollars per ulcer healed). Hence, the addition of MPFF adjuvant therapy to the treatment of venous leg ulcers would be effective and potentially cost saving...
- Micronized purified flavonoid fraction (MPFF): a review of its pharmacological effects, therapeutic efficacy and benefits in the management of chronic venous insufficiencyKonstantinos Katsenis
Vascular Surgery Dept of 2nd Surgical Clinic of Athens University, Areteion Hospital, 76 Vas Sofias Str, 11521 Athens, Greece
Curr Vasc Pharmacol 3:1-9. 2005..An explanation for the ability to speed ulcer healing comes from the protection Daflon 500 mg exerts on the microcirculation...
- [The principles of action and use of phlebotropic agents]D A Kharkevich
Klin Med (Mosk) 82:4-10. 2004
- [Congenital anomalies of the inferior vena cava: diagnosis and medical treatment]A A Baeshko
Federal Facility Regional Research and Production Centre, Mother and Infant Care, Belorussian State Medical University, Minsk, Belarus
Angiol Sosud Khir 13:91-5. 2007..When the diagnosis of IVC aplasia is confirmed, primary medical treatment should consist in prescribing venotonic agents, elastic compression and in cases of deep veins thrombosis -anticoagulant therapy...
- Effects of plant-derived phenols on rat liver cytochrome P450 2B1 activityH T Huynh
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Loma Linda University, CA 92350, USA
Anticancer Res 22:1699-703. 2002..In this report, the plant-derived phenols catechin, chlorogenic acid, diosmin, epigallo-catechin gallate (EGCG), naringenin, quercetin and resveratrol were studied for their effects on the ..
- Flavonoid glycosides inhibit oral cancer cell proliferation--role of cellular uptake and hydrolysis to the aglyconesAlyson M Browning
Department of Cell and Molecular Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
J Pharm Pharmacol 57:1037-42. 2005..b>Diosmin, the 7-rutinoside of diosmetin, surprisingly, was more potent and effective than diosmetin...
- Chronic venous disease, inflammation, and Daflon 500 mgA N Nicolaides
Angiology 56:S1. 2005
- Comparison of the absorption of micronized (Daflon 500 mg) and nonmicronized 14C-diosmin tablets after oral administration to healthy volunteers by accelerator mass spectrometry and liquid scintillation countingR C Garner
The Centre for Biomedical Accelerator Mass Spectrometry CBAMS Ltd Sand Hutton, York Y041 ILZ, United Kingdom
J Pharm Sci 91:32-40. 2002Daflon 500 mg, is a micronized purified flavonoid fraction, containing 90% w/w diosmin and 10% w/w of flavonoids expressed as hesperidin, used clinically in the treatment of chronic venous insufficiency and hemorrhoidal disease...
- The effect of the flavonoid diosmin, grape seed extract and red wine on the pulmonary metastatic B16F10 melanomaC Martinez
Pathology Department, Faculty of Medicine, University of Murcia, Espinardo, Spain
Histol Histopathol 20:1121-9. 2005..To study the effect of different phenolic compounds and red wine on pulmonary metastatic melanoma...
- Daflon for haemorrhoids: a prospective, multi-centre observational studyA W N Meshikhes
Department of Surgery, Dammam Central Hospital, Dammam, Eastern Province, Saudi Arabia
Surgeon 2:335-8, 361. 2004..The aim of this study was to confirm the efficacy of Daflon in the treatment of haemorrhoidal symptoms...
- Re: Meshikhes A-W. N. Daflon for haemorrhoids: a prospective, multi-centre observational study. Surg JR Coll Surg Edinb Irel 2004;2(6): 355-38A A Ibuowo
Surgeon 3:363; author reply 363. 2005
- Antiradical and anti-H2O2 properties of polyphenolic compounds from an aqueous peppermint extractZbigniew Sroka
Department of Pharmacognosy, Wrocław Medical University, pl Nankiera 1, 50 140 Wrocław, Poland
Z Naturforsch C 60:826-32. 2005Polyphenolic compounds such as eriocitrin, luteolin-7-O-rutinoside, diosmin, hesperidin, narirutin, isorhoifolin, rosmarinic and caffeic acids were identified in an aqueous extract (Ex) obtained from peppermint leaves (Menthae x ..
- Prediction of intestinal absorption and metabolism of pharmacologically active flavones and flavanonesH Serra
IBET ITQB, Av da Republica, EAN, Apartado 127, 2781 901 Oeiras, Portugal
Bioorg Med Chem 16:4009-18. 2008Three glycosilated flavonoids (diosmin, hesperidin and naringin) and respective aglycones were characterized in terms of their apparent ionisation constants and bidirectional permeability using the cellular model Caco-2 as well as the ..
- Further investigation of the modifying effect of various chemopreventive agents on apoptosis and cell proliferation in human colon cancer cellsQiao Zheng
First Department of Pathology, Gifu University School of Medicine, 40 Tsukasa Machi, Gifu 500 8705, Japan
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 128:539-46. 2002..shown that naturally-occurring and synthetic chemicals such as auraptene (AUR), nobiletin (NOB), hesperidin (HE), diosmin (DIO), indole-3-carbinol (I3C), 1'-acetoxychavicol acetate (ACA), 2,5-di-O-acetyl-D-1,4-glucaro-6,3-dilactone (..
- Antioxidant activity and radioprotective effects against chromosomal damage induced in vivo by X-rays of flavan-3-ols (Procyanidins) from grape seeds (Vitis vinifera): comparative study versus other phenolic and organic compoundsJ Castillo
Research and Development Department of Furfural Español S A, Camino Viejo de Pliego s n, 80320 Alcantarilla, Murcia, Spain
J Agric Food Chem 48:1738-45. 2000..The most effective compounds were, in order: GSE > rutin > (+)-catechin > diosmin >/= ascorbic acid...
- Influence of some bioflavonoids on the transport of nitrendipineKandhagatla Rajnarayana
Department of Pharmacology and Clinical Pharmacy, University College ofPharmaceutical Sciences, Kakatiya University, Warangal, India
Drug Metabol Drug Interact 23:299-310. 2008..b>diosmin, quercetin, chrysin, methyl hesperidin and gossypin, was introduced into the mucosal side...
- Cytotoxic activity of flavonoids from the flowers of Chrysanthemum morifolium on human colon cancer Colon205 cellsYuan Yuan Xie
Department of Traditional Chinese Medicines, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, China
J Asian Nat Prod Res 11:771-8. 2009..together with five known flavonoids, luteolin (2), diosmetin (3), diosmetin 7-O-beta-d-glucopyranoside (4), diosmin (5), and scolimoside (6), and four known caffeoylquinic acid derivatives, macranthoin F (7), 3,5-dicaffeoylquinic ..
- [Studies on chemical components of Lobelia chinensis]Yanyan Jiang
School of Chinese Pharmacy, Beijing University of Chinese Medicine, Beijing 100102, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 34:294-7. 2009..To study on the chemical constituents of Lobelia chinensis...
- [The flavonoids effect against vinblastine, cyclophosphamide and paracetamol toxicity by inhibition of lipid-peroxydation and increasing liver glutathione concentration]M Lahouel
Laboratoire de Pharmacologie et Phytochimie, Departement de Biologie, Université de Jijel, 18000 Jijel, Algerie
Pathol Biol (Paris) 52:314-22. 2004..Flavonoïds seem to act by activation of the turn over of the glutathion and enzymes stimulating particularly glutathion-s-transferases permitting the captation of the reactive metabolites of the studied drugs...
- Effects of dosmalfate, a new cytoprotective agent, on acute and chronic trinitrobenzene sulphonic acid-induced colitis in ratsIsabel Villegas
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Seville, , 41012 Seville, Spain
Eur J Pharmacol 460:209-18. 2003..In this study, we examined the effects of dosmalfate, a new flavonoid derivative compound (diosmin heptakis) with antioxidant and cytoprotective properties, on acute and chronic experimental trinitrobenzene ..
- Micronized purified flavonoid fraction in pretreating CABG patientsMustafa Sirlak
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Ankara University School of Medicine, Dikimevi Ankara 06340, Turkey
Tex Heart Inst J 37:172-7. 2010..Orally administered Daflon might provide better outcomes for patients who have impaired cardiac function before undergoing cardiac operations that require cardiopulmonary bypass...
- Screening of various phenolic acids and flavonoid derivatives for their anticholinesterase potentialIlkay Orhan
Department of Pharmacognosy, Faculty of Pharmacy, Gazi University, 06330 Ankara, Turkey
Z Naturforsch C 62:829-32. 2007..genistein, biochanin A, naringin, apigenin, quercetin, luteolin-7-O-rutinoside, kaempferol-3-O-galactoside, diosmin, silibinin, and silymarin) against AChE and BChE at 1 mg/ml concentration using a microplate-reader assay based ..
- Effects of Daflon 500mg on postischemic macromolecular leak syndrome in striated skin muscle of the hamsterD Nolte
Institute for Surgical Research, Klinikum Grosshadern, University of Munich, Germany
Int J Microcirc Clin Exp 17:6-10. 1997We have recently shown that the purified micronized flavonoid fraction (90% diosmin and 10% hesperidin) Daflon 500 mg attenuates reperfusion injury in the striated skin muscle of the hamster...
- Ameliorative effect of diosmin, a citrus flavonoid against streptozotocin-nicotinamide generated oxidative stress induced diabetic ratsSubramani Srinivasan
Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Annamalai University, Tamilnadu, India
Chem Biol Interact 195:43-51. 2012..The aim of the study was to evaluate the effect of diosmin (DS) in oxidative stress in streptozotocin-nicotinamide (STZ-NA)-induced diabetic rats by measuring the lipid ..
- Clinical benefits of Daflon 500 mg in the most severe stages of chronic venous insufficiencyA A Ramelet
Angiology 52:S49-56. 2001..Micronized purified flavonoid fraction (MPFF, 450 mg diosmin plus 50 mg hesperidin-Daflon 500 mg) is a potent venotropic drug used in the treatment of venous insufficiency...
- Effect of a micronized purified flavonoid fraction on in vivo platelet functions in the ratL McGregor
INSERM U331, Faculty of Medicine RTH Laennec, Lyon, France
Thromb Res 94:235-40. 1999..01). In addition, fibrinogen binding to 2.5 or 5 microM ADP-stimulated platelets also was reduced significantly (p<0.05 and 0.01, respectively). These results show that MPFF inhibits in vivo rat platelet functions...
- Medicamentous treatment of chronic venous insufficiency using semisynthetic diosmin--a prospective studyZ V Maksimovic
Clinic for Vascular Surgery of the Institute for Cardiovascular Diseases, Clinical Center of Serbia, Belgrade
Acta Chir Iugosl 55:53-9. 2008..Chronic venous insufficiency (HVI) is manifested by the progressive signs of venous stasis. This disorder is treated by: compressive bandaging, medicaments, sclerotherapy, surgery, etc...
- Pharmacological agents in the treatment of venous disease: an update of the available evidenceManjit S Gohel
Imperial Vascular Unit, Charing Cross Hospital, Fulham Palace Road, London, UK
Curr Vasc Pharmacol 7:303-8. 2009..Further research is needed to define the role of venoactive drugs in clinical care and improve our understanding of the pathophysiology of venous disease to help identify new therapeutic avenues...
- Simultaneous determination of flavonoids and phenylethanoids in the flowers of Verbascum densiflorum and V. phlomoides by high-performance liquid chromatographyBarbara Klimek
Department of Pharmacognosy, Faculty of Pharmacy, Medical University of Łódź, ul Muszyńskiego 1, 90 151 Łódź, Poland
Phytochem Anal 21:150-6. 2010..However, knowledge about the contents of phenolics in flowers is limited and no HPLC method for their analysis is available...
- Synergistic effect of diosmin and interferon-alpha on metastatic pulmonary melanomaNuria Alvarez
University of Murcia Institute of Research into Aging, Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Murcia, Murcia, Spain
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 24:347-52. 2009..Our aim was to study the combined treatment of metastatic lung melanoma with IFN-alpha and diosmin in a murine model...
- Experimental comparative study of the efficacy and side effects of Cissus quadrangularis L. (Vitaceae) to Daflon (Servier) and placebo in the treatment of acute hemorrhoidsSukij Panpimanmas
Department of Surgery, College of Medicine, Rangsit University, Rajavithi Hospital, Bangkok, Thailand
J Med Assoc Thai 93:1360-7. 2010..To investigate efficacy and side effects of Cissus quadrangularis L. and micronised purified flavanoid fraction (MPFF) in treatment of hemorrhoids...
- Radioprotective effects in vivo of phenolics extracted from Olea europaea L. leaves against X-ray-induced chromosomal damage: comparative study versus several flavonoids and sulfur-containing compoundsO Benavente-García
Research and Development Department, Furfural Español S A, Camino Viejo de Pliego s n, 80320 Alcantarilla, Murcia, Spain
J Med Food 5:125-35. 2002The radioprotective effects of a polyphenolic extract of Olea europaea L. leaves (OL); the flavonoids diosmin and rutin, which are widely used as pharmaceuticals; and the sulfur-containing compounds dimethylsulfoxide (DMSO) and 6-n-..
- The effect of a flavonoid fractions diosmin + hesperidin on radiation-induced acute proctitis in a rat modelAtakan Sezer
Department of General Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Trakya University, Edirne, Turkey
J Cancer Res Ther 7:152-6. 2011To explore the protective effect of a flavonoid fractions diosmin + hesperidin (Daflon), against radiation-induced acute proctitis in an experimental rat model.
- Ca(2+)-dependent contraction by the saponoside escin in rat vena cava: implications in venotonic treatment of varicose veinsJoseph D Raffetto
Division of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
J Vasc Surg 54:489-96. 2011Saponosides (horse chestnut seed extract, escin) and flavonoids (diosmin, Daflon 500, Servier, France) exhibit venotonic properties that have been utilized in treatment of varicose veins...
- Effect of benzopyrone derivatives on simultaneously induced croton oil ear oedema and carrageenin paw oedema in ratsM Gabor
Department of Pharmacodynamics, Albert Szent Gyorgyi University Medical School, Hungary
Acta Physiol Hung 77:197-207. 1991..manner and to statistically significant degrees by lipoxygenase- and cyclooxygenase-blocker flavonoids (diosmin, fisetin, quercetin, myricetin, galangin, sophoricoside, hesperidin-methylchalcone, oligomeric procyanidin, ..
- Bioactive phenolics and antioxidant propensity of flavedo extracts of Mauritian citrus fruits: potential prophylactic ingredients for functional foods applicationDeena Ramful
Department of Agricultural and Food Science, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Mauritius, Reduit, Mauritius
Toxicology 278:75-87. 2010..Contents in hesperidin ranged from 83 ± 0.06 to 234 ± 1.73 mg/g FW. Poncirin, didymin, diosmin, isorhoifolin and narirutin were also present in all extracts whereas naringin was present only in one mandarin ..
- How we can improve patients' comfort after Milligan-Morgan open haemorrhoidectomyMa Mu Ti Jiang A Ba-Bai-Ke-Re
Department of Anorectal Surgical, First Affiliated Hospital of Xinjiang Medical University, Urumqi 830011, Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, China
World J Gastroenterol 17:1448-56. 2011To demonstrate the value of Diosmin (flavonidic fraction) in the management of post-haemorhoidectomic symptoms.
- Simultaneous determination of the flavonoid aglycones diosmetin and hesperetin in human plasma and urine by a validated GC/MS method: in vivo metabolic reduction of diosmetin to hesperetinMarios Spanakis
School of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmacognosy and Pharmacology, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, 541 24 Thessaloniki, Greece
Biomed Chromatogr 23:124-31. 2009Diosmetin and hesperetin are the aglycones of the flavonoid glycosides diosmin and hesperidin which occur naturally in citrus fruit...
- Antihyperglycemic effect of diosmin on hepatic key enzymes of carbohydrate metabolism in streptozotocin-nicotinamide-induced diabetic ratsLeelavinothan Pari
Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Faculty of Science, Annamalai University, Annamalai Nagar, Chidambaram, 608002 Tamilnadu, India
Biomed Pharmacother 64:477-81. 2010The purpose of this study was to investigate the effect of diosmin on hepatic key enzymes of carbohydrate metabolism in streptozotocin-nicotinamide-induced diabetic rats. Diosmin was administered to streptozotocin-induced (45 mg/kg b...
- [Butcher's Broom, in the treatment of venous insufficiency]Wiesława Bylka
Katedra i Zakład Farmakognozji Akademii Medycznej, Poznaniu
Pol Merkur Lekarski 19:234-6. 2005..their derivatives, acting on the venous system, including horse-chestnut seed extracts aescin, rutin, troxerutin, diosmin and hesperidine. They have a long tradition in herbal medicine for their venotonic and anti-oedematous properties...
- Treatment of abnormal uterine bleeding with micronized flavonoidsG G Mukherjee
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 89:156-7. 2005
- The effect of citrus flavonoids on the redox state of alimentary-induced fatty liver in ratsE Rapavi
Biochemical Research Group, II Department of Medicine, Semmelweis University Medical School, H 1088, Budapest, Szentkiralyi u 46, Hungary
Nat Prod Res 21:274-81. 2007Both chronic venous insufficiency (CVI) and fatty liver may develop at the same time. Hesperidin and diosmin are used for the treatment CVI...
- Toxicological aspects of flavonoid interaction with biomacromoleculesPetr Hodek
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Science, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Neuro Endocrinol Lett 27:14-7. 2006..Thus, their potential harmful effect on the human body should be examined in detail...
- Determination of trace levels of diosmin in a pharmaceutical preparation by adsorptive stripping voltammetry at a glassy carbon electrodeM S el-Shahawi
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, King Abdulaziz UniversityJeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Anal Sci 22:1351-4. 2006A systematic study on the electrochemical behavior of diosmin in Britton-Robinson buffer (pH 2.0-10.0) at a glassy carbon electrode (GCE) was made...
- Analgesic, anti-inflammatory and venotonic effects of Cissus quadrangularis LinnAmpai Panthong
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
J Ethnopharmacol 110:264-70. 2007..e. 90% diosmin and 10% hesperidin. The results obtained confirmed the traditional use of C...
- Effects of Daflon on oxidative stress induced by hindlimb ischemia/reperfusionA Unlu
Department of Biochemistry, School of Medicine, Mersin University, Zeytinlibahce Cad, 33079 Mersin, Turkey
Pharmacol Res 48:11-5. 2003..015). These overall results suggest that Daflon contributes renal protection from hind limb ischemia/reperfusion injury in some degree, by decreasing systemic oxidative stress...
- Dietary bioflavonoids inhibit Escherichia coli ATP synthase in a differential mannerNagababu Chinnam
Department of Biological Sciences, Box 70703, East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, TN 37614, USA
Int J Biol Macromol 46:478-86. 2010..5 mM)>epicatechin (IC50 approximately 4.0 mM). Inhibition by hesperidin, chrysin, kaempferol, diosmin, apigenin, genistein, or rutin was partial in the range of 40-60% and inhibition by galangin, daidzein, or ..
- Leukocyte adhesion after oxidant challenge in the hamster cheek pouch microcirculationE Bouskela
Laboratório de Pesquisas em Microcirculação, Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
J Vasc Res 36:11-4. 1999Oral administration of S-5682 (Daflon 500 mg, 90% diosmin, 10% hesperidin) inhibits oxidant-induced increase in macromolecular permeability in the postcapillary venules of the hamster cheek pouch microcirculation...
- Neutrophil activation and mediators of inflammation in chronic venous insufficiencyP D Smith
Department of Surgery, University College London Medical School, The Middlesex Hospital, London, UK
J Vasc Res 36:24-36. 1999..It has recently been shown that the venotonic drug Daflon 500 mg (450 mg diosmin, 50 mg hesperidin, Servier, France) influences these processes...
- Agenesis of the renal segment of inferior vena cava associated with venous stasisG Milio
Biomedical Department of Internal and Special Medicine Di Bi M I S, P Giaccone University Hospital, University of Palermo, Palermo, Italy
Int Angiol 29:385-8. 2010..We describe a 42-year-old man with chronic venous insufficiency, without DVT, caused by congenital absence of renal segment of the IVC...
- Protective effect of diosmetin on in vitro cell membrane damage and oxidative stress in cultured rat hepatocytesP Villa
C N R National Research Council Center of Cytopharmacology, Department of Pharmacology, Milan, Italy
Toxicology 73:179-89. 1992Primary cultures of rat hepatocytes were used to study the effects of the flavonoids diosmin and its main metabolite diosmetin on the cell membrane damage caused by erythromycin estolate (EE) and oxidative stress caused by tert-..
- Antihepatotoxic activity and chemical constituents of Buddleja asiatica LourMaher M El-Domiaty
Department of Pharmacognosy, Faculty of Pharmacy, Zagazig University, Zagazig, Egypt
Z Naturforsch C 64:11-9. 2009..aucubin), phenylpropanoids (isoacteoside and acteoside), a triterpene saponin (mimengoside A), flavonoids (diosmin and linarin) in addition to the free sugars mannitol and sucrose...
- Update on uses and properties of citrus flavonoids: new findings in anticancer, cardiovascular, and anti-inflammatory activityO Benavente-García
Research and Development Department of Nutrafur Furfural Español S A, Camino Viejo de Pliego s n, 80320 Alcantarilla, Murcia, Spain
J Agric Food Chem 56:6185-205. 2008..However, generally, the flavones, such as diosmin, apigenin, or luteolin, exhibit higher biological activity, even though they occur in much lower concentrations...
- [Risk factors of chronic venous insufficiency of the lower extremities and possibilities of its medication in therapeutic practice]R G Oganov
Ter Arkh 78:68-72. 2006..The effect was achieved in the detralex group. CONCLUSION: Many outpatients had symptoms of chronic venous insufficiency but had no complaints. Detralex therapy proved highly effective in outpatient practice...
- [Results of administering Phlebodia 600 in fertile women with orthostasis-dependent phlebopathy]Iu T Tsukanov
Angiol Sosud Khir 13:107-12. 2007..Noted was positive dynamics of the preparation with the necessity of continuing to take oral contraceptives by the medical indications...
- HR (Venoruton1000, Paroven, 0-[beta-hydroxyethyl]-rutosides) vs. Daflon 500 in chronic venous disease and microangiopathy: an independent prospective, controlled, randomized trialG Belcaro
Irvine2 Vascular Laboratory and Physiology, Department of Biomedical Sciences, Chieti University, San Valentino Vascular Screening Project, Italy
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol Ther 7:139-45. 2002..was to demonstrate whether and how HR (Venoruton(1000), Paroven, 0-[beta-hydroxyethyl]-rutosides) and Daflon (diosmin, 500 mg) were comparatively effective in improving the microcirculation in venous hypertension and ..
- [Derivatives of semi-synthetic diosmine in the treatment of patients with chronic venous insufficiency. The results of a prospective study--using phlebodia 600]A V Pokrovskii
Angiol Sosud Khir 11:73-9. 2005..The authors analyze the reports concerning the use of the above-indicated drug in European phlebological practice...
- [The theory of lymphangion and current approaches to the pathogenesis, diagnosis and treatment of lymphedema of the lower extremities]N A Bubnova
I.P.Pavlov Sankt-Peterburg State Medical University, Russia
Angiol Sosud Khir 9:66-70. 2003..Based on the aforesaid the new approaches to the diagnosis and selection of the treatment methods for lymphedema of the lower extremities have been formulated...
- From symptoms to leg edema: efficacy of Daflon 500 mgAndrew N Nicolaides
The Cyprus Institute of Neurology and Genetics, Nicosia, Cyprus
Angiology 54:S33-44. 2003..Daflon 500 mg, a well-established oral flavonoid that consists of 90% micronized diosmin and 10% flavonoids expressed as hesperidin, may be prescribed from the very beginning of the disease for the ..
- Flavonoids detection by HPLC-DAD-MS-MS in lemon juices from Sicilian cultivarsCorrado Caristi
Dipartimento di Chimica Organica e Biologica, Universita di Messina, Salita Sperone 31, 98166 S Agata di Messina, Italy
J Agric Food Chem 51:3528-34. 2003..were found in the lemon juice of the above-mentioned cultivars together with eriocitrin, hesperidin, and diosmin. Following purification by preparative HPLC, the structure was assigned as 6,8-di-C-glucopyranosyldiosmetin by ..
- A randomised controlled trial of micronised purified flavonoid fraction vs placebo in patients with chronic venous diseaseG Danielsson
Section of Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, Lund University Hospital, Sweden
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 23:73-6. 2002..The role of MPFF in treatment of patients with CVD needs to be further analysed in a large population...
- Venoruton vs Daflon: evaluation of effects on quality of life in chronic venous insufficiencyM R Cesarone
Irvine2 Vascular Laboratory and Physiology, Department of Biomedical Sciences, Chieti University, San Valentino Vascular Screening Project, Italy
Angiology 57:131-8. 2006..independent study was to investigate differences in efficacy between oxerutins (Venoruton) and 500 mg micronized diosmin + hesperidin (D+H) (Daflon) in patients with chronic venous insufficiency (CVI), evaluating venous-related ..
- Clinical and hemodynamic outcomes in patients with chronic venous insufficiency after oral micronized flavonoid therapyA C Ting
Division of Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Hong Kong Medical Centre, Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong, China
Vasc Surg 35:443-7. 2001..In this regard, Daflon would be especially useful for symptomatic relief in patients with functional venous insufficiency who do not have clinical evidence of varicose veins but suffer from symptoms of venous insufficiency...
- Flavonoids to reduce bleeding and pain after stapled hemorrhoidopexy: a randomized controlled trialBostjan Mlakar
Medical Centre IATROS, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Wien Klin Wochenschr 117:558-60. 2005..Phlebotropic activity, protective effect on the capillaries and anti-inflammatory properties of this drug have been reported in several studies...
- [Semisynthetic Diosmin (Phlebodia 600) for therapy of lower limb chronic venous insufficiency]A I Kirienko
Angiol Sosud Khir 12:73-5. 2006The study was held to assess clinical effectiveness of coaggregated semisynthetic Diosmin (Phlebodia 600) for patients with II-III CEAP classes of chronic venous insufficiency (CVI), caused by lower limb variceal diseases...
- [Analysis of surgical procedures on the vena saphena magna in the Czech Republic and an effect of Detralex during its stripping]L Veverkova
I Chirurgická klinika LF MU, FN u sv, Anny v Bmrn
Rozhl Chir 84:410-2, 414-6. 2005..High quality venoactive drugs administered 14 days prior to the surgery improve postoperative course in patients indicated for surgical treatment of varices...
- The effect of diosmin hesperidin on intestinal ischaemia--reperfusion injuryM Pehlivan
Department of General Surgery, Medical School, Abant Izzet Baysal University, Duzce, Turkey
Acta Chir Belg 104:715-8. 2004AIM: The effect of Diosmin Hesperidin on intestinal ischaemia reperfusion injury was evaluated in an experimental model in rats...
- Mechanisms in experimental venous valve failure and their modification by Daflon 500 mgL Pascarella
Department of Surgery University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA, USA
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 35:102-10. 2008..To characterize the acute response of the vein wall to venous hypertension and associated altered fluid shear stress and to test the effect of micronized purified flavonoid fraction (MPFF, Daflon 500), on this response...
- The effect of purified micronized flavonoid fraction on the healing of anastomoses in the colon in ratsAydin Inan
Department of General Surgery, Fatih University School of Medicine, , Emek 06510, Ankara,
Surg Today 36:818-22. 2006..CONCLUSIONS: Although the micronized purified flavonoid fraction has some inhibitory properties on the healing of the anastomosis, its net effect was to obtain a better anastomotic healing of the colon in rats...
- Micronized diosmin (Detralex) for vein-related trophic ulcers: European experienceV S Savel'ev
Chair of Faculty Surgery, Department of Continuing Education, Russian State Medical University, Moscow A V Vishnevsky Institute of Surgery, RAMS, Moscow, Russia
Angiol Sosud Khir 12:53-60. 2006The paper presents a meta-analysis of 5 large European studies (N - 723) on the micronized diosmin administration to patients with venous trophic ulcers (CEAP class VI)...
- The impact of micronized purified flavonoid fraction on the treatment of acute haemorrhoidal episodesZhu Ming Jiang
Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing 100730, China
Curr Med Res Opin 22:1141-7. 2006..To evaluate the efficacy and the tolerability of micronized purified flavonoid fraction (MPFF) on symptoms and signs of acute haemorrhoidal disease (HD)...
- Anti-inflammatory actions of a micronized, purified flavonoid fraction in ischemia/reperfusionRonald J Korthui
Department of Molecular and Cellular Physiology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, School of Medicine in Shreveport, 71130, USA
Adv Exp Med Biol 505:181-90. 2002..In addition, it appears that these compounds prevent the expression of specific adhesion molecules involved in leukocyte recruitment, observations which provide the molecular basis for the anti-adhesive properties of these compounds...
- Efficacy of Daflon in the treatment of hemorrhoidsAbdul Wahed N Meshikhes
Department of Surgery, Dammam Central Hospital, Qatif 31911, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Saudi Med J 23:1496-8. 2002..To demonstrate the value of Daflon in the management of hemorrhoidal symptoms in Saudi patients attending the Surgical clinic...
- Semisynthesis of linarin, acacetin, and 6-iodoapigenin derivatives from diosminJérôme Quintin
Laboratoire de Pharmacognosie, Centre d Etudes Pharmaceutiques, 5 rue J B Clement, 92296 Chatenay Malabry Cedex, France
J Nat Prod 67:1624-7. 2004Semisynthesis of linarin and acacetin from the Citrus flavonoid diosmin was performed via, as first intermediate, the 3'-O-phenyltetrazolyl ether of diosmin...
- Venous ulcers: pathophysiology and treatment optionsJennifer T Trent
Department of Dermatology and Cutaneous Surgery, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Fla, USA
Ostomy Wound Manage 51:38-54; quiz 55-6. 2005..The epidemiology, pathophysiology, diagnosis, and management options regarding venous ulcers are reviewed...
- A new flavonoid derivative, dosmalfate, attenuates the development of dextran sulphate sodium-induced colitis in miceIsabel Villegas
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Seville, , 41012 Seville, Spain
Int Immunopharmacol 3:1731-41. 2003..The beneficial effects seem to be related to a decrease of neutrophil infiltration, absence of up-regulation of IL-1 beta and increase of PG production in colon mucosa...
- Determination of flavonoids in citrus juices by micro-HPLC-ESI/MSPaola Dugo
Dipartimento di Chimica Organica e Biologica, Facolta di Scienze, Universita di Messina, Messina, Italy
J Sep Sci 28:1149-56. 2005..The use of microcolumn HPLC greatly enhanced detection performance. In total, 20 flavonoids of two different subclasses (flavanone and flavone glycosides) were identified with the help of retention data and MS spectral information...
- Postischemic leukocyte/endothelial cell interactions and microvascular barrier dysfunction in skeletal muscle: cellular mechanisms and effect of Daflon 500 mgR J Korthuis
Department of Physiology, Louisiana State University Medical Center, School of Medicine in Shreveport, 71130 3932, USA
Int J Microcirc Clin Exp 17:11-7. 1997..The results indicated that Daflon 500 mg was as effective as the anti-adhesive monoclonal antibodies in reducing postischemic leukocyte adhesion and emigration and venular protein leakage in these models...
- Adhesion molecule expression in postischemic microvascular dysfunction: activity of a micronized purified flavonoid fractionR J Korthuis
Department of Molecular and Cellular Physiology, Louisiana State University Medical Center, School of Medicine in Shreveport, Shreveport, LA, USA
J Vasc Res 36:15-23. 1999..The micronized purified flavonoid fraction (450 mg diosmin, 50 mg hesperidin) prevents I/R-induced leukocyte adhesion in skeletal muscle...
- Daflon 500 mg: symptoms and edema clinical updateAlbert Adrien Ramelet
Angiology 56:S25-32. 2005..controlled study established a statistically significant difference in favor of Daflon 500 mg in comparison with diosmin, both on symptoms and edema...
- [Studies on pharmacokinetics of diosmin in rats]Ying Li Ma
School of Pharmacy, Heilongjiang University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Harbin 150040, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 32:418-20. 2007To establish a HPLC method for the determination of diosmin in Rats plasma and to study the pharmacokinetics of diosmin in Rats.
- Different flavonoids present in the micronized purified flavonoid fraction (Daflon 500 mg) contribute to its anti-hyperpermeability effect in the hamster cheek pouch microcirculationJ Paysant
Division of Angiology, Servier Research Institute, Suresnes, France
Int Angiol 27:81-5. 2008This study evaluated microcirculatory effects of the flavonoid substances that constitute the micronized purified flavonoid fraction (MPFF) (Daflon 500 mg) in comparison to diosmin. METHODS and
- Flavonoid-mediated presenilin-1 phosphorylation reduces Alzheimer's disease beta-amyloid productionKavon Rezai-Zadeh
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine, Rashid Laboratory for Developmental Neurobiology, Silver Child Development Center, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
J Cell Mol Med 13:574-88. 2009..In addition, we find that Tg2576 mice treated with diosmin, a glycoside of a flavonoid structurally similar to luteolin, display significantly reduced Abeta pathology...
- [PHLEBODIA (diosmine): a role in the management of bleeding nonprolapsed hemorrhoids]D Kecmanovic
Acta Chir Iugosl 52:115-6. 2005..Hemorrhoidal bleeding stopped after 3,2 days. Diosmine, used with fiber supplements, rapidly and safely stops bleeding from nonprolapsed hemorrhoids...
- [Certain aspects of pathogenesis of hemorheological and trophic disturbances and their pharmacological correction in patients with chronic venous insufficiency]S A Aliev
Vestn Khir Im I I Grek 167:39-43. 2008..The complex treatment resulted in reliably less degree of clinical manifestations (chronic venous insufficiency). Recurrence of trophic ulcers appeared in 6 patients...
- Inhibition of lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-induced endothelial cytotoxicity by diosminM F Melzig
Institute of Pharmacy, Humboldt University Berlin, Germany
Pharmazie 54:298-9. 1999..This LPS-induced cytotoxicity was attenuated by diosmin. That means, the IC50 value of LPS in the combination with 8 mumol/l diosmin was shifted from 31 to 70 ng/ml in a ..
- Efficacy of a 6-month treatment with Daflon 500 mg in patients with venous leg ulcers associated with chronic venous insufficiencyK Roztocil
Institute of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Department of Cardiology, Prague, Czech Republic
Int Angiol 22:24-31. 2003..This study assesses the contribution of Daflon 500 mg added to conventional therapy in the healing of hypostatic ulcers of CVI patients...