Genomes and Genes
Summary: A flavanone glycoside found in CITRUS fruit peels.
Publications242 found, 100 shown here
- Simultaneous reversed-phase high-performance liquid chromatographic method for the determination of diosmin, hesperidin and naringin in different citrus fruit juices and pharmaceutical formulationsFeras Imad Kanaze
Department of Pharmacy, School of Health Sciences, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, 54124 Thessaloniki, Greece
J Pharm Biomed Anal 33:243-9. 2003Diosmin, hesperidin and naringin are flavonoid glycosides that occur naturally in citrus fruits...
- Plasma kinetics and urinary excretion of the flavanones naringenin and hesperetin in humans after ingestion of orange juice and grapefruit juiceI Erlund
Department of Nutrition, National Public Health Institute KTL, Mannerheimintie 166 F, FIN 00300 Helsinki, Finland
J Nutr 131:235-41. 2001..We conclude that because of the relatively high concentrations of flavanones in plasma after ingestion of orange juice or grapefruit juice, considerable health effects could ensue in individuals consuming them regularly...
- Hesperidin and naringin attenuate hyperglycemia-mediated oxidative stress and proinflammatory cytokine production in high fat fed/streptozotocin-induced type 2 diabetic ratsAyman M Mahmoud
Physiology Division, Zoology Department, Faculty of Science, Beni Suef University, Egypt
J Diabetes Complications 26:483-90. 2012..The present study was hypothesized to investigate the beneficial effects of hesperidin and naringin on hyperglycemia-induced oxidative damage in HFD/STZ-induced diabetic rats...
- The citrus flavonoid hesperidin induces p53 and inhibits NF-κB activation in order to trigger apoptosis in NALM-6 cells: involvement of PPARγ-dependent mechanismAsghar Ghorbani
National Institute and Faculty of Nutrition and Food Technology, Department of Basic Medical Sciences, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, P O Box 19395 4741, Tehran, Iran
Eur J Nutr 51:39-46. 2012b>Hesperidin, a flavanone present in citrus fruits, has been identified as a potent anticancer agent because of its proapoptotic and antiproliferative characteristics in some tumor cells...
- Hesperetin protects against oxidative stress related hepatic dysfunction by cadmium in ratsLeelavinothan Pari
Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Annamalai University, Annamalainagar 608002, Tamilnadu, India
Exp Toxicol Pathol 64:513-20. 2012..Thus, the results suggest that HTN acts as a potent hepatoprotective agent against Cd induced hepatotoxicity in rats...
- Hesperidin contributes to the vascular protective effects of orange juice: a randomized crossover study in healthy volunteersChristine Morand
INRA, UMR 1019, UNH, CRNH Auvergne, Clermont Ferrand, France
Am J Clin Nutr 93:73-80. 2011..Although numerous human studies have shown consistent effects of some polyphenol-rich foods on several intermediate markers for cardiovascular diseases, it is still unknown whether their action could be specifically related to polyphenols...
- Chemoprotective effects of hesperidin against genotoxicity induced by cyclophosphamide in mice bone marrow cellsAmirhosein Ahmadi
Student Research Committee, Faculty of Pharmacy, Mazandaran University of Medical Sciences, Sari, Iran
Arch Pharm Res 31:794-7. 2008The preventive effect of hesperidin as a flavonoid was investigated in mouse bone marrow cells against genotoxicity induced by cyclophosphamide...
- Hesperidin attenuates cisplatin-induced acute renal injury by decreasing oxidative stress, inflammation and DNA damageBidya Dhar Sahu
Pharmacology Division, Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, Hyderabad, India
Phytomedicine 20:453-60. 2013..In the present study, hesperidin, a naturally-occurring bioflavonoid has been demonstrated to have protective effect on cisplatin-induced renal ..
- Apoptotic effect of hesperidin through caspase3 activation in human colon cancer cells, SNU-C4H J Park
Kohwang Medical Research Institute, College of Medicine, Kyung Hee University, Seoul 130 701, Republic of Korea
Phytomedicine 15:147-51. 2008b>Hesperidin, a known flavonoid constituent of citrus, reduces the proliferation of many cancer cells. The apoptotic effects of hesperidin on human colon cancer cells, SNU-C4, were determined at concentrations of 1-100 microM...
- Antioxidant and neuroprotective effects of hesperidin and its aglycone hesperetinJungsook Cho
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, Dongguk University, Gyeongju, Gyeongbuk 780 714, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 29:699-706. 2006The present study evaluated antioxidant and neuroprotective activities of hesperidin, a flavanone mainly isolated from citrus fruits, and its aglycone hesperetin using cell-free bioassay system and primary cultured rat cortical cells...
- The inhibitory effect of hesperidin on tumor cell invasiveness occurs via suppression of activator protein 1 and nuclear factor-kappaB in human hepatocellular carcinoma cellsKuo Hua Lee
Hsin Chu Branch Station, Council of Agriculture TLI, Hsin Chu, Taiwan
Toxicol Lett 194:42-9. 2010b>Hesperidin (HES) has been reported to exhibit anti-invasive and antimetastatic activities by suppressing the enzymatic activity of matrix metalloproteinase-9 (MMP-9)...
- Citrus polyphenol hesperidin stimulates production of nitric oxide in endothelial cells while improving endothelial function and reducing inflammatory markers in patients with metabolic syndromeStefano Rizza
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Rome Tor Vergata, 00133 Rome, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 96:E782-92. 2011b>Hesperidin, a citrus flavonoid, and its metabolite hesperetin may have vascular actions relevant to their health benefits. Molecular and physiological mechanisms of hesperetin actions are unknown.
- Inhibition of inducible isoforms of cyclooxygenase and nitric oxide synthase by flavonoid hesperidin in mouse macrophage cell lineKeiko Sakata
Department of Tumor Pathology, Gifu University School of Medicine, 40 Tsukasa Machi, Gifu 500 8705, Japan
Cancer Lett 199:139-45. 2003Previous data have shown that a citrus flavanone, hesperidin possesses chemopreventive efficacies...
- Hesperidin stimulates cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator-mediated chloride secretion and ciliary beat frequency in sinonasal epitheliumChristopher Azbell
Department of Surgery Division of Otolaryngology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 143:397-404. 2010..The objectives of the present study were to investigate whether the natural bioflavonoid hesperidin 1) increases transepithelial chloride (Cl(-)) secretion in vitro and in vivo, 2) enhances ciliary beat frequency ..
- Pharmacokinetics of the citrus flavanone aglycones hesperetin and naringenin after single oral administration in human subjectsF I Kanaze
Department of Pharmacy, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece
Eur J Clin Nutr 61:472-7. 2007Hesperetin and naringenin, the aglycones of the flavanone glycosides hesperidin and naringin, occur naturally in citrus fruits...
- Secretion of hepatocyte apoB is inhibited by the flavonoids, naringenin and hesperetin, via reduced activity and expression of ACAT2 and MTPL J Wilcox
Departments of Medicine and Biochemistry and The John P. Robarts Research Institute, 4-16, University of Western Ontario, 100 Perth Drive, London, Ontario N6A 5K8, Canada
J Lipid Res 42:725-34. 2001..Together with an enhanced expression of the LDL receptor, these mechanisms may explain the hypocholesterolemic properties of the citrus flavonoids...
- Naringenin and hesperetin, two flavonoids derived from Citrus aurantium up-regulate transcription of adiponectinLi Liu
Pharmaceutical Informatics Institute, College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Zijin gang Campus, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, 310058, China
Phytother Res 22:1400-3. 2008..Our findings give new insight for the molecular explanations for the therapeutic effects of Zhiqiao...
- The hypoglycemic effects of hesperidin and naringin are partly mediated by hepatic glucose-regulating enzymes in C57BL/KsJ-db/db miceUn Ju Jung
Department of Food Science and Nutrition, Kyungpook National University, Daegu, 702 701, Korea
J Nutr 134:2499-503. 2004..fed a nonpurified diet for 2 wk and then were fed an AIN-76 control diet or the control diet supplemented with hesperidin (0.2 g/kg diet) or naringin (0.2 g/kg diet)...
- Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory potential of hesperetin metabolites obtained from hesperetin-administered rat serum: an ex vivo approachHsin Ling Yang
Institute of Nutrition, China Medical University, Taichung 40402, Taiwan
J Agric Food Chem 60:522-32. 2012In recent years much attention has been focused on the pharmaceutical relevance of bioflavonoids, especially hesperidin and its aglycon hesperetin in terms of their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory actions...
- Hesperidin displays relevant role in the nutrigenomic effect of orange juice on blood leukocytes in human volunteers: a randomized controlled cross-over studyDragan Milenkovic
INRA, UMR 1019, UNH, CRNH Auvergne, Clermont Ferrand, Clermont Universite, Unite de Nutrition Humaine, BP 10448, Clermont Ferrand, France
PLoS ONE 6:e26669. 2011..diastolic blood pressure and significantly improves postprandial microvascular endothelial reactivity and that hesperidin could be causally linked to the observed beneficial effect of orange juice...
- Antioxidant and anticancer efficacy of hesperidin in benzo(a)pyrene induced lung carcinogenesis in miceSattu Kamaraj
Department of Biochemistry, University of Madras, Guindy Campus, Chennai, 600 025, India
Invest New Drugs 27:214-22. 2009..b>Hesperidin is one such naturally occurring flavonoid widely found in citrus fruits...
- Hesperidin ameliorates functional and histological outcome and reduces neuroinflammation in experimental strokeSyed Shadab Raza
Neurotoxicology Laboratory, Department of Medical Elementology and Toxicology, Jamia Hamdard Hamdard University, Hamdard Nagar, New Delhi 110062, India
Brain Res 1420:93-105. 2011..for 2h followed by 22h of reperfusion model was used in male Wistar rats to study the protection of stroke by hesperidin. Hesperidin administration (50mg/kg b.wt...
- Hesperetin stimulates differentiation of primary rat osteoblasts involving the BMP signalling pathwayAnna Trzeciakiewicz
INRA Clermont Ferrand Theix, Human Nutrition Unit UMR1019, ASM, Saint Genes Champanelle, France
J Nutr Biochem 21:424-31. 2010b>Hesperidin found in citrus fruits has been reported to be a promising bioactive compound for maintaining an optimal bone status in ovariectomized rodent models...
- Possible nitric oxide mechanism in the protective effect of hesperidin against ischemic reperfusion cerebral injury in ratsVaibhav Gaur
Pharmacology Division, University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Panjab University, Chandigarh 160014, India
Indian J Exp Biol 49:609-18. 2011..The aim of the present investigation was to evaluate the protective effect of hesperidin and its nitric oxide mechanism against cerebral ischemia reperfusion injury...
- Modulation of peroxynitrite-induced fibroblast injury by hesperetin: a role for intracellular scavenging and modulation of ERK signallingSusan E Pollard
Molecular Nutrition Group, School of Chemistry, Food Biosciences and Pharmacy, University of Reading, Reading RG6 6AP, UK
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 347:916-23. 2006..We propose that the protective potential of hesperetin in fibroblasts may be mediated both by intracellular scavenging of peroxynitrite and by modulation of fibroblast signalling...
- Photoprotection by honeybush extracts, hesperidin and mangiferin against UVB-induced skin damage in SKH-1 miceAntoinette Petrova
Oxidative Stress Research Centre, Faculty of Health and Wellness Sciences, Cape Peninsula University of Technology, Bellville 7538, South Africa
J Photochem Photobiol B 103:126-39. 2011..photoprotection by polyphenolic extracts of honeybush and the two most abundant polyphenols found in honeybush, hesperidin and mangiferin were determined using a mouse model...
- Hesperidin suppressed proliferations of both human breast cancer and androgen-dependent prostate cancer cellsChoong Jae Lee
Department of Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology, University of California, Santa Barbara, CA, USA
Phytother Res 24:S15-9. 2010b>Hesperidin, a flavonoid derived from citrus fruits, has been reported to show various biological effects including anticancer activity...
- Efficacy of hesperidin on plasma, heart and liver tissue lipids in rats subjected to isoproterenol-induced cardiotoxicityPalanisamy Selvaraj
Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Annamalai University, Annamalainagar 608002, Tamil Nadu, India
Exp Toxicol Pathol 64:449-52. 2012The present study examines the preventive role of hesperidin (HDN) on plasma, cardiac and hepatic lipids in isoproterenol (ISO)-induced rats...
- Pro-cellular survival and neuroprotection of citrus flavonoid: the actions of hesperetin in PC12 cellsSam Long Hwang
Food Industry Research and Development Institute, Hsinchu 30012, Taiwan
Food Funct 3:1082-90. 2012..This novel mechanism explains why hesperetin, although it is known to have relatively low antioxidant and estrogen activities, can exhibit multiple neuroprotective effects...
- Evaluation of antioxidative and anti-inflammatory potential of hesperidin and naringin on the rat air pouch model of inflammationMandipika Jain
School of Biotechnology, Devi Ahilya University, Takshashila Campus, Khandwa Road, Indore, 452001, MP, India
Inflamm Res 60:483-91. 2011Anti-inflammatory and antioxidative potential of hesperidin and naringin was carried out considering the rat air pouch model of inflammation.
- Anti-inflammatory properties of plant flavonoids. Effects of rutin, quercetin and hesperidin on adjuvant arthritis in ratT Guardia
Departamento de Farmacia, , , Universidad Nacional de San Luis, Argentina
Farmaco 56:683-7. 2001..model of acute and chronic inflammation. Intraperitoneal administration of rutin, quercetin (flavonols) and hesperidin (flavanone), given at daily doses equivalent to 80 mg/kg, inhibited both acute and chronic phases of this ..
- Hesperidin, hesperidin methyl chalone and phellopterin from Poncirus trifoliata (Rutaceae) differentially regulate the expression of adhesion molecules in tumor necrosis factor-alpha-stimulated human umbilical vein endothelial cellsIrina Tsoy Nizamutdinova
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, Institute of Health Sciences, Gyeongsang National University, Jinju, Republic of Korea
Int Immunopharmacol 8:670-8. 2008..Recently, several active compounds including hesperidin, hesperidin methyl chalone and phellopterin from P. trifoliata (Rutaceae) were isolated and characterized...
- Hesperidin, a flavone glycoside, as mediator of neuronal survivalJader Nones
Laboratório de Neurobiologia Celular, Instituto de Ciencias Biomedicas, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Centro de Ciencias da Saude, Bloco F, Sala F15 Ilha do Fundão, 21941 590 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Neurochem Res 36:1776-84. 2011..In the present work, we performed a screening of flavonoid actions by analyzing the effects of these substances (hesperidin and rutin) on neural progenitors and neuronal morphogenesis in vitro...
- 6-methylapigenin and hesperidin: new valeriana flavonoids with activity on the CNSMariel Marder
Facultad de Farmacia y Bioquimica, Instituto de Quimica y Fisicoquimica Biologicas, Junin 956 1113, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 75:537-45. 2003..68 (2002) 934]. The present paper is the first report of the presence of 2S(-)-hesperidin in valeriana and describes that it has sedative and sleep-enhancing properties...
- Inactivation of nuclear factor-κB by citrus flavanone hesperidin contributes to apoptosis and chemo-sensitizing effect in Ramos cellsMaryam Nazari
Institute and Faculty of Nutrition Sciences and Food Technology, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Eur J Pharmacol 650:526-33. 2011b>Hesperidin, a flavonoid present in fruits and vegetables, possesses anti-inflammatory and chemopreventive effects...
- Kinetics of radical-scavenging activity of hesperetin and hesperidin and their inhibitory activity on COX-2 expressionAtsusi Hirata
Department of Oral Diagnosis, Meikai University School of Dentistry, 350 0283 Saitama, Japan
Anticancer Res 25:3367-74. 2005The radical-scavenging activities of the flavanones hesperetin and hesperidin were investigated by differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) monitoring of the polymerization of methyl methacrylate initiated by 2,2'-azobisisobutyronitrile (..
- Anti-aging effects of hesperidin on Saccharomyces cerevisiae via inhibition of reactive oxygen species and UTH1 gene expressionKaiyue Sun
College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 76:640-5. 2012..b>Hesperidin derived from the Citrus genus extended the lifespan of yeast at doses of 5 and 10 µM as compared with the ..
- Protective effect of hesperidin and naringin against 3-nitropropionic acid induced Huntington's like symptoms in rats: possible role of nitric oxidePuneet Kumar
Pharmacology Division, University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, UGC Centre of Advanced Study, Panjab University, Chandigarh 160014, India
Behav Brain Res 206:38-46. 2010..Present study has been designed to explore the protective effects of hesperidin, naringin, and their nitric oxide mechanism (if any) against 3-nitropropionic acid induced neurotoxicity in rats...
- Hesperidin suppresses adjuvant arthritis in rats by inhibiting synoviocyte activityRong Li
School of Pharmacy, Anhui Medical University, 81 Meishan Road, Hefei, China
Phytother Res 24:S71-6. 2010The present study was designed to investigate the effect of hesperidin on rat adjuvant arthritis (AA) and to elucidate the involvement of synoviocytes in this process. Freund's complete adjuvant was used to induce AA in rats...
- Production and characterization of Hesperetin nanosuspensions for dermal deliveryPrabhat R Mishra
Pharmaceutics Division, Central Drug Research Institute, Lucknow 226 001, India
Int J Pharm 371:182-9. 2009..Slight increases in size were found for the Poloxamer and the Tween stabilized nanosuspensions, which is not considered to impair their use in dermal formulations...
- Hesperidin inhibits ovariectomized-induced osteopenia and shows differential effects on bone mass and strength in young and adult intact ratsM N Horcajada
Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique Clermont Ferrand Theix, Human Nutrition Unit UMR 1019, St Genes Champanelle, France
J Appl Physiol (1985) 104:648-54. 2008The main aim of this study was to investigate the bone-sparing effect of hesperidin, one of the main flavonoid present in oranges, in two age groups of ovariectomized female rats, compared with their intact controls...
- Hesperetin: a potent antioxidant against peroxynitriteJi Young Kim
College of Pharmacy, Aging Tissue Bank, Pusan National University, Gumjung gu, Busan 609 735, South Korea
Free Radic Res 38:761-9. 2004..The present study suggests that hesperetin is a powerful ONOO- scavenger and promotes cellular defense activity in the protection against ONOO- involved diseases...
- Antioxidant activity of the flavonoid hesperidin in chemical and biological systemsPatricia Kelly Wilmsen
Instituto de Biotecnologia, Universidade de Caxias do Sul, Caxias do Sul, RS, Brazil
J Agric Food Chem 53:4757-61. 2005The antioxidant hesperidin, a major flavonoid in sweet orange and lemon, was evaluated using chemical and biological systems. The chemical assay evaluates the hesperidin capacity to sequester 1,1-diphenyl-2-picrylhydrazyl (DPPH*)...
- Hesperidin inhibits expression of hypoxia inducible factor-1 alpha and inflammatory cytokine production from mast cellsIn Young Choi
College of Oriental Medicine, Institute of Oriental Medicine, Kyung Hee University, 1 Hoegi dong, Dongdaemun Gu, Seoul, 130 701, Republic of Korea
Mol Cell Biochem 305:153-61. 2007..We compared CPWE with hesperidin, a common constituent of citrus unshiu...
- The citrus flavonoids hesperidin and naringin do not affect serum cholesterol in moderately hypercholesterolemic men and womenIsabelle Demonty
Unilever RampD Vlaardingen, Vlaardingen 3130 AC, The Netherlands
J Nutr 140:1615-20. 2010The citrus flavonoids hesperidin and naringin have been suggested to lower blood total (TC) and LDL-cholesterol (LDL-C) both in animal models and humans. However, the evidence from previous studies in humans is not convincing...
- Bioavailability is improved by enzymatic modification of the citrus flavonoid hesperidin in humans: a randomized, double-blind, crossover trialInge Lise F Nielsen
Nestle Research Center, Vers chez les Blanc, 1000 Lausanne 26, Switzerland
J Nutr 136:404-8. 2006b>Hesperidin is the predominant polyphenol consumed from citrus fruits and juices. However, hesperidin is proposed to have limited bioavailability due to the rutinoside moiety attached to the flavonoid...
- Modulatory effect of hesperidin on benzo(a)pyrene induced experimental lung carcinogenesis with reference to COX-2, MMP-2 and MMP-9Sattu Kamaraj
Department of Biochemistry, University of Madras, Chennai 600 025, India
Eur J Pharmacol 649:320-7. 2010b>Hesperidin is a naturally occurring flavonoid that has been reported to possess anticancer effects...
- Inhibitory effect of mandarin juice rich in beta-cryptoxanthin and hesperidin on 4-(methylnitrosamino)-1-(3-pyridyl)-1-butanone-induced pulmonary tumorigenesis in miceH Kohno
Department of Pathology, Kanazawa Medical University, 1-1 Daigaku, Uchinada, Ishikawa 920-0293, Japan
Cancer Lett 174:141-50. 2001..J. Cancer 88 (2000) 146). MJ2 and MJ5 prepared from MJ have higher amounts of beta-cryptoxanthin and hesperidin than MJ, suggesting that principle chemopreventive factors in MJs may be beta-cryptoxanthin and hesperidin...
- Improved LC methods for the determination of diosmin and/or hesperidin in plant extracts and pharmaceutical formulationsA M el-Shafae
Department of Pharmacognosy, Faculty of Pharmacy, Zagazig University, Zagazig, Egypt
J Pharm Biomed Anal 26:539-45. 2001..simple, selective and sensitive reversed-phase HPLC methods were developed for the determination of diosmin and hesperidin simultaneously or separately, using external or internal standard techniques, respectively...
- Protective effects of hesperidin against genotoxicity induced by (99m)Tc-MIBI in human cultured lymphocyte cellsSeyed Jalal Hosseinimehr
Department of Radiopharmacy, Faculty of Pharmacy and Traditional and Complementary Medicine Research Center, Mazandaran University of Medical Sciences, Sari, Iran
Nucl Med Biol 36:863-7. 2009..The purpose of this study was to investigate the radioprotective effects of hesperidin as a flavonoid which protects against the genotoxic effects of (99m)Tc-MIBI in human cultured lymphocytes.
- Neuroprotective effects of hesperidin, a plant flavanone, on rotenone-induced oxidative stress and apoptosis in a cellular model for Parkinson's diseaseKuppusamy Tamilselvam
Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Faculty of Science, College Rd, Annamalai Nagar, Chidambaram, Tamil Nadu 608002, India
Oxid Med Cell Longev 2013:102741. 2013..The current study was carried out to investigate the neuroprotective effects of hesperidin, a citrus fruit flavanol, against rotenone-induced apoptosis in human neuroblastoma SK-N-SH cells...
- Identification and quantification of the conjugated metabolites derived from orally administered hesperidin in rat plasmaHikaru Matsumoto
Department of Citrus Research, National Institute of Fruit Tree Science, Shimizu okitsunakacho, Shizuoka, Shizuoka 424 0292, Japan
J Agric Food Chem 52:6653-9. 2004b>Hesperidin is a biologically effective flavonoid. Several studies have reported that dietary hesperidin was converted to conjugated metabolites, such as hesperetin-glucuronides and sulfoglucuronides, during absorption and metabolism...
- Simultaneous determination of liquiritin, hesperidin, and glycyrrhizin by HPLC-photodiode array detection and the anti-inflammatory effect of Pyungwi-sanChang Seob Seo
Herbal Medicine EBM Research Center, Korea Institute of Oriental Medicine, Daejeon, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 34:203-10. 2011A high-performance liquid chromatographic method was developed and validated to determine liquiritin, hesperidin, and glycyrrhizin levels in a traditional Korean medicine, Pyungwi-san (PWS)...
- Antiasthmatic effects of hesperidin, a potential Th2 cytokine antagonist, in a mouse model of allergic asthmaSeung Hyung Kim
Institute of Traditional Medicine and Bioscience, Daejeon University, Daejeon 300 716, Republic of Korea
Mediators Inflamm 2011:485402. 2011..To investigate the antiasthmatic potential of hesperidin as well as the underlying mechanism involved, we studied the inhibitory effect and anti-inflammatory effect of ..
- Hesperidin pre-treatment attenuates NO-mediated cerebral ischemic reperfusion injury and memory dysfunctionVaibhav Gaur
Pharmacology Division, University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, UGC Centre of Advanced Study, Panjab University, Chandigarh 160014, India
Pharmacol Rep 62:635-48. 2010The present study was designed to explore the mechanism of hesperidin action via the nitric oxide pathway in the protection against ischemic reperfusion cerebral injury-induced memory dysfunction...
- Hesperidin-mediated expression of Nrf2 and upregulation of antioxidant status in senescent rat heartJayasudha Elavarasan
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Dr ALM Post Graduate Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Madras, Taramani, Chennai, India
J Pharm Pharmacol 64:1472-82. 2012..b>Hesperidin is a naturally occurring flavonone present in citrus fruits and has been shown to have many biological ..
- Protective effects of lemon flavonoids on oxidative stress in diabetic ratsY Miyake
Central Research Laboratory of Pokka Corporation, Ltd, Aichi, Japan
Lipids 33:689-95. 1998..The oxidative stress of eriocitrin (eriodictyol 7-O-beta-rutinoside) and hesperidin (hesperetin 7-O-beta-rutinoside) on streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats was investigated...
- Different anticonvulsive effects of hesperidin and its aglycone hesperetin on electrical activity in the rat hippocampus in-vitroWilfried Dimpfel
University of Giessen c o NeuroCode AG D 35578 Wetzlar, Sportpark Str 9, Germany
J Pharm Pharmacol 58:375-9. 2006This study investigated the possibility that hesperidin or hesperetin might interact directly with brain matter in a physiological manner...
- Synthesis and anti-hyperglycemic activity of hesperidin derivativesBaoshun Zhang
College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Southwest University, Chongqing 400716, PR China
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 22:7194-7. 2012A series of hesperidin derivatives were prepared and identified by IR, (1)H NMR, and MS spectra...
- Bioavailability and metabolism of orange juice flavanones in humans: impact of a full-fat yogurtWilliam Mullen
University of Glasgow, United Kingdom
J Agric Food Chem 56:11157-64. 2008....
- Modulating effect of Hesperidin on experimental murine colitis induced by dextran sulfate sodiumLei Xu
Key Laboratory of Modern Chinese Medicines, Department of Traditional Chinese Medicine, China Pharmaceutical University G 03, 1 Shennong Road, Nanjing 210038, PR China
Phytomedicine 16:989-95. 2009b>Hesperidin, a flavanone-type flavonoid, is abundant in citrus fruit and has a wide range of pharmacological effects...
- Evidence for the involvement of the serotonergic 5-HT(1A) receptors in the antidepressant-like effect caused by hesperidin in miceLeandro C Souza
Laboratório de avaliações farmacológicas e toxicológicas aplicadas às moléculas bioativas LaftamBio Pampa Universidade Federal do Pampa, CEP 97650 000, Itaqui, RS, Brazil
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 40:103-9. 2013The present study investigated a possible antidepressant-like activity of hesperidin using two predictive tests for antidepressant effect in mice: the forced swimming test (FST) and the tail suspension test (TST)...
- Hesperidin suppresses ovalbumin-induced airway inflammation in a mouse allergic asthma modelDajun Wei
The First Hospital of Jilin University, 71 Xinmin Road, Changchun, 130021, People s Republic of China
Inflammation 35:114-21. 2012b>Hesperidin, a flavanone glycoside comprised of the flavanone hesperetin and the disaccharide rutinose, is a plentiful and inexpensive by-product of citrus cultivation...
- Hesperidin prevents retinal and plasma abnormalities in streptozotocin-induced diabetic ratsXiupu Shi
State Key Laboratory of Natural Products and Functions, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing, China
Molecules 17:12868-81. 2012..The aim of this study was to investigate the effects of hesperidin on retinal and plasma abnormalities in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats...
- Hesperetin attenuates the highly reducing sugar-triggered inhibition of osteoblast differentiationEun Mi Choi
College of Pharmacy, Chungnam National University, Daejeon 305 764, South Korea
Cell Biol Toxicol 24:225-31. 2008..These results demonstrate that hesperetin attenuates dRib-induced damage, suggesting that hesperetin may be a useful dietary supplement for minimizing oxidative injury in diabetes related bone diseases...
- Potential neuroprotective effects of hesperidin on 3-nitropropionic acid-induced neurotoxicity in ratsEsther T Menze
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt
Neurotoxicology 33:1265-75. 2012..The present study investigates the potential effect of hesperidin, a flavanone group member, on 3-NP-induced behavioral, neurochemical, histopathological and cellular changes...
- Molecular mechanism of hesperetin-7-O-glucuronide, the main circulating metabolite of hesperidin, involved in osteoblast differentiationAnna Trzeciakiewicz
INRA Clermont Ferrand Theix, Human Nutrition Unit UMR1019, F 63122 St Genes Champanelle, France
J Agric Food Chem 58:668-75. 2010Citrus fruit hesperidin is hydrolyzed by gut microflora into aglycone form (hesperetin) and then conjugated mainly into glucuronides. We previously demonstrated that hesperetin enhanced osteoblast differentiation...
- Effects of rutin and hesperidin and their Al(III) and Cu(II) complexes on in vitro plasma coagulation assaysVesna Kuntić
Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Belgrade, Vojvode Stepe 450, 11000 Belgrade, Serbia
Molecules 16:1378-88. 2011Two flavonoids, rutin and hesperidin, were investigated in vitro for anticoagulant activity through coagulation tests: activated partial thromboplastin time (aPTT), prothrombin time (PT) and thrombin time (TT)...
- Cytoprotective effects of hesperetin and hesperidin against amyloid β-induced impairment of glucose transport through downregulation of neuronal autophagyShang Ming Huang
Department of Food Science and Biotechnology, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung, Taiwan
Mol Nutr Food Res 56:601-9. 2012This study investigated whether flavonoids, such as hesperetin and hesperidin, inhibited amyloid β (Aβ)-impaired glucose utilization through regulating cellular autophagy in insulin-stimulated neuronal cells.
- Effect of hesperidin on matrix metalloproteinases and antioxidant status during nicotine-induced toxicityAnnida Balakrishnan
Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Faculty of Science, Annamalai University, Annamalai Nagar 608002, Tamil Nadu, India
Toxicology 238:90-8. 2007..Nicotine is an active substance present in tobacco. We have analyzed the effect of hesperidin, a bioflavonoid on nicotine induced toxicity...
- Evaluating the radioprotective effect of hesperidin in the liver of Swiss albino miceKalyanasundaram Banumathy Kalpana
Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Faculty of Science, Annamalai University, Annamalai Nagar, Tamil Nadu, India
Eur J Pharmacol 658:206-12. 2011The present study was aimed to evaluate the radioprotective efficacy of hesperidin, a flavonone glycoside against X-ray radiation-induced cellular damage in the liver of Swiss albino mice...
- The citrus flavanone naringenin inhibits inflammatory signalling in glial cells and protects against neuroinflammatory injuryKaterina Vafeiadou
Molecular Nutrition Group, School of Chemistry, Food and Pharmacy, University of Reading, Reading RG2 6AP, UK
Arch Biochem Biophys 484:100-9. 2009..Taken together, our results suggest that naringenin may produce an anti-inflammatory effect in LPS/IFN-gamma stimulated glial cells that may be due to its interaction with p38 signalling cascades and the STAT-1 transcription factor...
- Hesperidin a citrus bioflavonoid modulates hepatic biotransformation enzymes and enhances intrinsic antioxidants in experimental breast cancer rats challenged with 7, 12-dimethylbenz (a) anthraceneNatarajan Nandakumar
Department of Pharmacology and Environmental Toxicology, Dr A L Mudhaliar, Post Graduate Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Madras, Taramani Campus, Chennai 600 113, Tamilnadu, India
J Exp Ther Oncol 9:321-35. 2012..Flavonoids have been shown to have interesting biological activities in many experimental investigations. Hesperidin is one of the citrus flavonoid shown to be active against various oxidative stress mediated diseases...
- Ultrasound-assisted extraction of hesperidin from Penggan (Citrus reticulata) peelYaqin Ma
Department of Food Science and Nutrition, Zhejiang University, Huajiachi Campus, Hangzhou 310029, PR China
Ultrason Sonochem 15:227-32. 2008b>Hesperidin, an abundant and inexpensive bioflavonoid in Penggan (Citrus reticulata) peel, has been reported to possess a wide range of pharmacological properties...
- Topical hesperidin improves epidermal permeability barrier function and epidermal differentiation in normal murine skinMaihua Hou
Department of Dermatology, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, PR China
Exp Dermatol 21:337-40. 2012..In the present study, we determine whether topical hesperidin influences epidermal permeability barrier function and its underlying mechanisms...
- Interaction between flavonoids and the blood-brain barrier: in vitro studiesKuresh A Youdim
Antioxidant Research Group, Wolfson Center for Age Related Diseases, Centre for Neuroscience Research, Guy s, King s and St Thomas s School of Biomedical Sciences, King s College, London, UK
J Neurochem 85:180-92. 2003..The results demonstrate that flavonoids and some metabolites are able to traverse the BBB, and that the potential for permeation is consistent with compound lipophilicity...
- Effects of baicalein, berberine, curcumin and hesperidin on mucin release from airway goblet cellsChoong Jae Lee
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, Chungnam National University, Daejeon, Korea
Planta Med 69:523-6. 2003Baicalein, berberine, curcumin and hesperidin are the major components derived from Scutellaria baicalensis, Coptis japonica, Curcuma longa and Poncirus trifoliata, respectively...
- Hesperidin, a flavanone glycoside, on lipid peroxidation and antioxidant status in experimental myocardial ischemic ratsPalanisamy Selvaraj
Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Faculty of Science, Annamalai University, Annamalainagar, Tamil Nadu, India
Redox Rep 15:217-23. 2010..This study was undertaken to evaluate the cardioprotective role of hesperidin on isoproterenol-induced myocardial ischemia in rats...
- The flavonoids hesperidin and rutin promote neural crest cell survivalJader Nones
Instituto de Ciencias Biomedicas, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
Cell Tissue Res 350:305-15. 2012..In the present work, we have investigated the actions of the flavonoids hesperidin, rutin and quercetin on NC cells of quail, in vitro...
- Preventive effects of hesperidin, glucosyl hesperidin and naringin on hypertension and cerebral thrombosis in stroke-prone spontaneously hypertensive ratsMiyako Ikemura
Laboratory of Physiology, Faculty of Nutrition, Kobe Gakuin University, Nishi ku, Kobe, Japan
Phytother Res 26:1272-7. 2012The effects of hesperidin, glucosyl hesperidin (G-hesperidin), a water-soluble derivative of hesperidin, and naringin on blood pressure and cerebral thrombosis were investigated using stroke-prone spontaneously hypertensive rats (SHRSP)...
- Hesperidin partially restores impaired immune and nutritional function in irradiated miceYu Rim Lee
Major in Food and Nutrition, College of Human Ecology, Sookmyung Women s University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
J Med Food 14:475-82. 2011b>Hesperidin is a flavonone glycoside found abundantly in citrus fruits that reportedly possesses anti-inflammatory, anticancer, and immune effects...
- Radioprotective effects of hesperidin against genotoxicity induced by gamma-irradiation in human lymphocytesSeyed Jalal Hosseinimehr
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Mazandaran University of Medical Sciences, Sari, Iran
Mutagenesis 24:233-5. 2009The radioprotective effect of hesperidin against genotoxicity induced by gamma-irradiation has been investigated in vivo/in vitro in cultured blood lymphocytes from human volunteers...
- Increased bioavailability of hesperetin-7-glucoside compared with hesperidin results in more efficient prevention of bone loss in adult ovariectomised ratsVeronique Habauzit
UMR, ASM, INRA, Clermont Ferrand Theix, St Genes Champanelle, France
Br J Nutr 102:976-84. 2009b>Hesperidin (Hp), a citrus flavonoid predominantly found in oranges, shows bone-sparing effects in ovariectomised (OVX) animals...
- HPLC separation of hesperidin and the C-2 epimer in commercial hesperidin samples and herbal medicinesNahoko Uchiyama
National Institute of Health Sciences, Tokyo, Japan
Chirality 17:373-7. 2005b>Hesperidin (2S-form), the flavanone 7-O-glycoside, is the main constituent of some Citrus species...
- Polyphenol antioxidants in citrus juices: in vitro and in vivo studies relevant to heart diseaseJoe A Vinson
Department of Chemistry, University of Scranton, PA 18510 4626, USA
Adv Exp Med Biol 505:113-22. 2002..In orange juice polyphenols accounted for 84-85% of antioxidant quality. The pure polyphenol hesperidin, which is common in juices, ascorbic acid, and the citrus juices, were not able to bind with LDL+VLDL and ..
- Synergistic interaction between hesperidin, a natural flavonoid, and diazepamSebastian P Fernandez
Instituto de Quimica y Fisicoquimica Biologicas, Facultad de Farmacia y Bioquimica, Junin 956 C1113AAD, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Eur J Pharmacol 512:189-98. 2005..has been recently reported the presence in Valeriana of the flavone 6-methylapigenin and the flavanone glycoside hesperidin. The apigenin derivative is a ligand for the benzodiazepine binding site in the gamma-aminobutyric acid receptor ..
- Hesperidin, a citrus bioflavonoid, decreases the oxidative stress produced by carbon tetrachloride in rat liver and kidneyNaveen Tirkey
Pharmacology Division, University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Panjab University, Chandigarh 160014, India
BMC Pharmacol 5:2. 2005..The present study was designed to establish the protective effect of hesperidin (HDN), a citrus bioflavonoid, on CCl4-induced oxidative stress and resultant dysfunction of rat liver and kidney.
- A citrus flavonoid hesperidin suppresses infection-induced endotoxin shock in miceKiichiro Kawaguchi
Medicinal Plant Garden, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kitasato University, Kanagawa, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 27:679-83. 2004Administration of a citrus flavonoid hesperidin (HES) to mice before LPS challenge significantly reduced tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-alpha production in a dose-dependent manner. Treatment of HES 3 h before intraperitoneal (i.p...
- Citrus fruit flavonoids influence on neutrophil apoptosis and oxidative metabolismMałgorzata Zielińska-Przyjemska
Department of Pharmaceutical Biochemistry, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Poznan, Poland
Phytother Res 22:1557-62. 2008..Three citrus flavonoids - naringin, naringenin and hesperidin - have been examined for their ability to activate caspase-3, a marker of apoptosis execution, in human ..
- Antiallergic activity of hesperidin is activated by intestinal microfloraNeung Kee Lee
School of Oriental Medicine, Kyung Hee University, Seoul, Korea
Pharmacology 71:174-80. 2004When hesperidin isolated from pericarpium of Citrus unshiu (family Rutaceae) was incubated with human intestinal microflora, its main metabolite was hesperetin, which was a main metabolite in urine of orally hesperidin-administered rats...
- HR, 0-(beta-hydroxyethyl)-rutosides, in comparison with diosmin+hesperidin in chronic venous insufficiency and venous microangiopathy: an independent, prospective, comparative registry studyM R Cesarone
Irvine2 Vasc Lab and Physiology, Department of Biomedical Sciences, Chieti University, San Valentino Vascular Screening Project, Italy
Angiology 56:1-8. 2005..to investigate differences in efficacy between HR, (0-[beta-hydroxyethyl]-rutosides) and D+H (500 mg, diosmin+hesperidin) in patients with chronic venous insufficiency (CVI)...
- Determination of liquiritin, naringin, hesperidin, thymol, imperatorin, honokiol, isoimperatorin, and magnolol in the traditional Chinese medicinal preparation Huoxiang-zhengqi liquid using high-performance liquid chromatographyKang Li
Medical Center of Shenzhen Peking University, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Peking University Shenzhen Hospital, Shenzhen 518036, P R China
Yakugaku Zasshi 126:1185-90. 2006..chromatography was employed to determine the contents of the eight marker components liquiritin, naringin, hesperidin, thymol, imperatorin, honokiol, isoimperatorin, and magnolol in the traditional Chinese medicinal preparation ..
- Mangiferin and hesperidin metabolites are absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract of pigs after oral ingestion of a Cyclopia genistoides (honeybush tea) extractConstance Bock
Institute for Food Toxicology and Chemical Analytics, Center of Food Science, University of Veterinary Medicine Hannover, Foundation, D 30173 Hannover, Germany
Nutr Res 28:879-91. 2008..such as antioxidative, anticarcinogenic, and cholesterol-lowering effects are described for mangiferin and hesperidin, the major phenolic compounds present in Cyclopia genistoides (honeybush)...
- Relative bioavailability of the flavonoids quercetin, hesperetin and naringenin given simultaneously through dietK S Krogholm
The National Food Institute, Technical University of Denmark, Søborg, Denmark
Eur J Clin Nutr 64:432-5. 2010..5+/-1%) compared with hesperetin (14.2+/-9.1%) and naringenin (22.6+/-11.5%) and shows that this is not due to a lower bioavailability of quercetin, but rather reflects different clearance mechanisms...
- Antioxidant properties of hesperidin in nicotine-induced lung toxicityAnnida Balakrishnan
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Science, Annamalai University, Annamalai Nagar 608 002, Tamil Nadu, India
Fundam Clin Pharmacol 21:535-46. 2007..In the present study, we have investigated the effect of hesperidin on nicotine toxicity...
- Hypolipidemic effects and absorption of citrus polymethoxylated flavones in hamsters with diet-induced hypercholesterolemiaElzbieta M Kurowska
KGK Synergize Inc, Suite 1030, One London Place, 255 Queens Avenue, London, Ontario, Canada N6A 5R8
J Agric Food Chem 52:2879-86. 2004..containing citrus polymethoxylated flavones (PMFs), mainly tangeretin, or citrus flavanone glucosides, hesperidin and naringin, were evaluated for cholesterol-lowering potential in hamsters with diet-induced ..
- Chemistry and pharmacology of the Citrus bioflavonoid hesperidinA Garg
University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Panjab University, Chandigarh 160014, India
Phytother Res 15:655-69. 2001b>Hesperidin, a bioflavonoid, is an abundant and inexpensive by-product of Citrus cultivation...
- Investigation of the radioprotective efficacy of hesperidin against gamma-radiation induced cellular damage in cultured human peripheral blood lymphocytesK B Kalpana
Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Faculty of Science, Annamalai University, Annamalainagar 608002, Tamil Nadu, India
Mutat Res 676:54-61. 2009The present study was aimed to evaluate the radioprotective efficacy of hesperidin (HN), a flavonone glycoside against gamma-radiation-induced cellular damage in cultured human peripheral blood lymphocytes...
- Hesperidin, a citrus flavonoid, inhibits bone loss and decreases serum and hepatic lipids in ovariectomized miceHiroshige Chiba
Division of Food Science, National Institute of Health and Nutrition, Tokyo, Japan
J Nutr 133:1892-7. 2003The purpose of this study was to examine whether hesperidin inhibits bone loss in ovariectomized mice (OVX), an animal model of postmenopausal osteoporosis...
- Beneficial effect of hesperidin on lipopolysaccharide-induced hepatotoxicityGaganjit Kaur
Pharmacology Division, University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Panjab University, Chandigarh 160014, India
Toxicology 226:152-60. 2006b>Hesperidin (HDN) is a flavanone glycoside abundantly found in citrus fruits. HDN has been reported to possess significant activities against allergy, haemorrhoids, hormonal disorders and ulcers...
- Suppression of azoxymethane-induced colon carcinogenesis in male F344 rats by mandarin juices rich in beta-cryptoxanthin and hesperidinT Tanaka
Department of Pathology, Kanazawa Medical University, Uchinada, Ishikawa, Japan
Int J Cancer 88:146-50. 2000..effects of dietary administration of a powder "CHRP" containing high amounts of beta-cryptoxanthin and hesperidin prepared from a Satsuma mandarin (Citrus unshiu Marc...
- Liquid Chromatography Mass Spectrometry systemAdrian Franke; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Localized modulation of RPE P-gp/MRP activity for back-of-the-eye drug deliverySoumyajit Majumdar; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..