Genomes and Genes
Summary: A botanical insecticide that is an inhibitor of mitochondrial electron transport.
Publications258 found, 100 shown here
- Protective effect of melatonin on rotenone plus Ca2+-induced mitochondrial oxidative stress and PC12 cell deathSolange C Sousa
, , Universidade Estadual de Campinas, Campinas, Brazil
Antioxid Redox Signal 7:1110-6. 2005Chronic systemic inhibition of mitochondrial respiratory chain complex I by rotenone causes nigrostriatal dopaminergic degeneration in rats, producing an in vivo experimental model of Parkinson's disease...
- Production of reactive oxygen species by mitochondria: central role of complex IIIQun Chen
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Biol Chem 278:36027-31. 2003..Limitation of electron transport by the inhibitor rotenone immediately before ischemia decreases the production of ROS in cardiac myocytes and reduces damage to ..
- Topology of superoxide production from different sites in the mitochondrial electron transport chainJulie St-Pierre
MRC Medical Research Council Dunn Human Nutrition Unit, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 2XY, England
J Biol Chem 277:44784-90. 2002..However, when complex I was fully reduced using rotenone, rat mitochondria released significantly more hydrogen peroxide than pigeon mitochondria...
- Mechanism of toxicity of pesticides acting at complex I: relevance to environmental etiologies of Parkinson's diseaseTodd B Sherer
Center for Neurodegenerative Disease, Rollins School of Public Health, Atlanta, Georgia 15213, USA
J Neurochem 100:1469-79. 2007Parkinson's disease (PD) has been linked to mitochondrial dysfunction and pesticide exposure. The pesticide rotenone (ROT) inhibits complex I and reproduces features of PD in animal models, suggesting that environmental agents that ..
- Delayed gastric emptying and enteric nervous system dysfunction in the rotenone model of Parkinson's diseaseJames G Greene
Department of Neurology, Emory University School of Medicine, 505H Whitehead Biomedical Research Bldg, 615 Michael St, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Exp Neurol 218:154-61. 2009..We report that the parkinsonian neurotoxin and mitochondrial complex I inhibitor rotenone causes delayed gastric emptying and enteric neuronal dysfunction when administered chronically to rats in the ..
- Rotenone induces oxidative stress and dopaminergic neuron damage in organotypic substantia nigra culturesClaudia M Testa
Center for Neurodegenerative Disease, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 134:109-18. 2005b>Rotenone, a pesticide and complex I inhibitor, causes nigrostriatal degeneration similar to Parkinson disease pathology in a chronic, systemic, in vivo rodent model [M. Alam, W.J...
- Hydrogen sulfide inhibits rotenone-induced apoptosis via preservation of mitochondrial functionLi Fang Hu
Department of Pharmacology, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Mol Pharmacol 75:27-34. 2009..The present study was undertaken to investigate the effects of H(2)S on cell injury induced by rotenone, a commonly used toxin in establishing in vivo and in vitro Parkinson's disease (PD) models, in human-derived ..
- Parkinsonian rotenone mouse model: reevaluation of long-term administration of rotenone in C57BL/6 miceMasatoshi Inden
Department of Neurobiology, Kyoto Pharmaceutical University, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 34:92-6. 2011Chronic systemic exposure of Lewis rats to rotenone produced many features of Parkinson's disease (PD), including nigrostriatal dopamine (DA) neurodegeneration and the formation of cytoplasmic inclusions in nigral DA neurons...
- Subcutaneous rotenone exposure causes highly selective dopaminergic degeneration and alpha-synuclein aggregationTodd B Sherer
Center for Neurodegenerative Disease, Department of Neurology, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30032, USA
Exp Neurol 179:9-16. 2003Previous studies demonstrated that chronic systemic exposure to the pesticide and mitochondrial toxin rotenone through jugular vein cannulation reproduced many features of Parkinson's disease (PD) in rats, including nigrostriatal ..
- Mitochondrial complex I inhibitor rotenone induces apoptosis through enhancing mitochondrial reactive oxygen species productionNianyu Li
Purdue University Cytometry Laboratories, Department of Basic Medical Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907, USA
J Biol Chem 278:8516-25. 2003Inhibition of mitochondrial respiratory chain complex I by rotenone had been found to induce cell death in a variety of cells. However, the mechanism is still elusive...
- Mitochondrial complex I inhibition is not required for dopaminergic neuron death induced by rotenone, MPP+, or paraquatWon Seok Choi
Toxicology Program, Department of Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences, Graduate Program in Neurobiology and Behavior, Institute for Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 7234, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:15136-41. 2008..Although dopaminergic neurons were more sensitive than other neurons in these cultures to cell death induced by rotenone, MPP(+), or paraquat treatments, the absence of complex I activity did not protect the dopaminergic neurons, as ..
- Neurodegeneration of mouse nigrostriatal dopaminergic system induced by repeated oral administration of rotenone is prevented by 4-phenylbutyrate, a chemical chaperoneMasatoshi Inden
Department of Neurobiology and 21st Century COE Program, Kyoto Pharmaceutical University, Kyoto, Japan
J Neurochem 101:1491-1504. 2007..Previous studies have demonstrated that chronic systemic exposure of Lewis rats to rotenone produced many features of PD, and cerebral tauopathy was also detected in the case of severe weight loss...
- JNK3 mediates paraquat- and rotenone-induced dopaminergic neuron deathWon Seok Choi
Toxicology Program in the Department of Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences, Graduate Program in Neurobiology and Behavior, Institute for Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 69:511-20. 2010..kinase 3 (JNK3), a neural-specific JNK isoform, in dopaminergic neuron death induced by the pesticides rotenone and paraquat. The role of JNK3 was evaluated using RNA silencing and gene deletion to block JNK3 signaling...
- Increased striatal dopamine turnover following acute administration of rotenone to miceC Thiffault
The Parkinson s Institute, Sunnyvale, CA 94089, USA
Brain Res 885:283-8. 2000..potential role of mitochondrial dysfunction in nigrostriatal degeneration in Parkinson's disease, the effects of rotenone (an inhibitor of mitochondrial NADH dehydrogenase and a naturally occurring toxicant) on the levels of striatal ..
- Critical role for microglial NADPH oxidase in rotenone-induced degeneration of dopaminergic neuronsHui Ming Gao
Neuropharmacology Section, Laboratory of Pharmacology and Chemistry, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences National Institutes of Health, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
J Neurosci 23:6181-7. 2003..Chronic exposure to rotenone, a common herbicide, reproduces features of Parkinsonism in rats...
- Parkin protects dopaminergic neurons against microtubule-depolymerizing toxins by attenuating microtubule-associated protein kinase activationYong Ren
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, State University of New York, Buffalo, New York 14214, USA
J Biol Chem 284:4009-17. 2009..prevented parkin from protecting midbrain dopaminergic neurons against microtubule-depolymerizing toxins such as rotenone or colchicine...
- Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) potentiates the cytotoxicity of rotenone in neuroblastoma SH-SY5Y cellsWoon Gye Chung
Department of Chemistry, Oregon State University Corvallis, Oregon 97331, USA
Brain Res 1176:133-42. 2007Exposure to rotenone, a widely used pesticide, has been suggested to increase the risk of developing Parkinson's disease...
- Rotenone, paraquat, and Parkinson's diseaseCaroline M Tanner
The Parkinson s Institute, Sunnyvale, California 94085, USA
Environ Health Perspect 119:866-72. 2011..Certain pesticides may affect these mechanisms, but no pesticide has been definitively associated with PD in humans...
- Proteomic identification of a stress protein, mortalin/mthsp70/GRP75: relevance to Parkinson diseaseJinghua Jin
Department of Pathology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington 98104, USA
Mol Cell Proteomics 5:1193-204. 2006..Manipulations of mortalin level in dopaminergic neurons resulted in significant changes in sensitivity to PD phenotypes via pathways involving mitochondrial and proteasomal function as well as oxidative stress...
- Drosophila DJ-1 mutants are selectively sensitive to environmental toxins associated with Parkinson's diseaseMarc Meulener
Department of Biology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Curr Biol 15:1572-7. 2005..however, they display a striking selective sensitivity to those environmental agents, including paraquat and rotenone, linked to PD in humans...
- Valproic acid is neuroprotective in the rotenone rat model of Parkinson's disease: involvement of alpha-synucleinBarbara Monti
Department of Biology, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Neurotox Res 17:130-41. 2010..of nigro-striatal dopaminergic neurons is obtained through sub-chronic administration of the mitochondrial toxin, rotenone, via osmotic mini pumps implanted to rats...
- Redox-dependent modulation of aconitase activity in intact mitochondriaAnne Laure Bulteau
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106 4970, USA
Biochemistry 42:14846-55. 2003....
- Rotenone induces apoptosis in MCF-7 human breast cancer cell-mediated ROS through JNK and p38 signalingYea Tzy Deng
Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Mol Carcinog 49:141-51. 2010b>Rotenone is an inhibitor of the mitochondrial electron transport chain complex I, resulting in the generation of reactive oxygen species (ROS)...
- Spare respiratory capacity rather than oxidative stress regulates glutamate excitotoxicity after partial respiratory inhibition of mitochondrial complex I with rotenoneNagendra Yadava
Buck Institute for Age Research, Novato, California 94945, USA
J Neurosci 27:7310-7. 2007Partial inhibition of mitochondrial respiratory complex I by rotenone reproduces aspects of Parkinson's disease in rodents...
- Neuronal expression of a single-subunit yeast NADH-ubiquinone oxidoreductase (Ndi1) extends Drosophila lifespanSepehr Bahadorani
Department of Physiological Science, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1527, USA
Aging Cell 9:191-202. 2010..These findings are consistent with the idea that enhanced respiratory chain activity in neuronal tissue can prolong fly lifespan...
- Differential effects of mitochondrial Complex I inhibitors on production of reactive oxygen speciesRomana Fato
Dipartimento di Biochimica G Moruzzi, University of Bologna, Via Irnerio 48, 40126 Bologna, Italy
Biochim Biophys Acta 1787:384-92. 2009..Our results indicate that different Complex I inhibitors can be grouped into two classes: Class A inhibitors (Rotenone, Piericidin A and Rolliniastatin 1 and 2) increase ROS production; Class B inhibitors (Stigmatellin, Mucidin, ..
- Differential neuroprotective effects of 14-3-3 proteins in models of Parkinson's diseaseT A Yacoubian
Center for Neurodegeneration and Experimental Therapeutics, Department of Neurology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Cell Death Dis 1:e2. 2010..overexpressing each 14-3-3 isoform, we found that overexpression of 14-3-3θ, ε, or γ led to resistance to both rotenone and 1-methyl-4-phenylpyridinium (MPP(+)), while other isoforms were not protective against both toxins...
- Distinct role for microglia in rotenone-induced degeneration of dopaminergic neuronsHui-Ming Gao
Neuropharmacology Section, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
J Neurosci 22:782-90. 2002..In experimental animals the exposure to a common herbicide, rotenone, induces features of parkinsonism; mechanistically, rotenone-induced destruction of dopaminergic neurons has been ..
- Role of nitric oxide in rotenone-induced nigro-striatal injuryYi He
Department of Neurology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Neurochem 86:1338-45. 2003b>Rotenone, a widely used pesticide, causes a syndrome in rats that mimics, both behaviorally and pathologically, the symptoms of Parkinson's disease...
- Rotenone-induced G2/M cell cycle arrest and apoptosis in a human B lymphoma cell line PWJ S Armstrong
Department of Radiation Oncology, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, California 94305 5105, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 289:973-8. 2001Concentrations of rotenone (ROT) that block electron flow through mitochondrial complex I (100 nM) did not significantly alter either cell viability or the growth of PW cells...
- Effects of insulin-like growth factor-1 on rotenone-induced apoptosis in human lymphocyte cellsIsabel Cristina Avila-Gomez
School of Medicine, Medical Research Institute, Neuroscience Research Program, University of Antioquia, Medellin, Colombia
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 106:53-61. 2010..The present work shows that rotenone, a mitochondrial complex I inhibitor, induced time- and concentration-dependent apoptosis in lymphocytes which ..
- Mechanism of toxicity in rotenone models of Parkinson's diseaseTodd B Sherer
Center for Neurodegenerative Disease, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Neurosci 23:10756-64. 2003Exposure of rats to the pesticide and complex I inhibitor rotenone reproduces features of Parkinson's disease, including selective nigrostriatal dopaminergic degeneration and alpha-synuclein-positive cytoplasmic inclusions (Betarbet et al...
- Progression of Parkinson's disease pathology is reproduced by intragastric administration of rotenone in miceFrancisco Pan-Montojo
Institute of Anatomy, Medical Faculty Carl Gustav Carus, Dresden University of Technology, Dresden, Germany
PLoS ONE 5:e8762. 2010..Here we report that intragastrically administered rotenone, a commonly used pesticide that inhibits Complex I of the mitochondrial respiratory chain, is able to reproduce ..
- Mechanism for generation of hydrogen peroxide and change of mitochondrial membrane potential during rotenone-induced apoptosisSaeko Tada-Oikawa
Department of Environmental and Molecular Medicine, Mie University School of Medicine, 2-174 Edobashi, Tsu-Shi, Mie, 514-8507, Japan
Life Sci 73:3277-88. 2003b>Rotenone, an inhibitor of NADH dehydrogenase complex, is a naturally occurring insecticide, which is capable of inducing apoptosis...
- The effect of antiparkinsonian drugs on oxidative stress induced pathological [3H]dopamine efflux after in vitro rotenone exposure in rat striatal slicesElisaveta Milusheva
Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Experimental Medicine, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, H 1083 Budapest, Szigony u 43, Hungary
Neuropharmacology 58:816-25. 2010..60 min rotenone (0...
- Stereotaxical infusion of rotenone: a reliable rodent model for Parkinson's diseaseNian Xiong
Department of Neurology, Union Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Hubei, China
PLoS ONE 4:e7878. 2009..we developed a rat model by stereotaxically (ST) infusing small doses of the mitochondrial complex-I inhibitor, rotenone, into two brain sites: the right ventral tegmental area and the substantia nigra...
- Coenzyme Q cytoprotective mechanisms for mitochondrial complex I cytopathies involves NAD(P)H: quinone oxidoreductase 1(NQO1)Tom S Chan
Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Toronto, Ont, Canada
Free Radic Res 36:421-7. 2002..as a model cell, we have shown for the first time that the cytotoxicity caused by complex I inhibition by rotenone but not that caused by complex III inhibition by antimycin can be prevented by coenzyme Q (CoQ1) or menadione...
- Nicotinic receptor stimulation protects nigral dopaminergic neurons in rotenone-induced Parkinson's disease modelsHiroki Takeuchi
Department of Neurology, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
J Neurosci Res 87:576-85. 2009..To assess the protective effect of nicotine against rotenone-induced DA neuronal cell toxicity, we examined the neuroprotective effects of nicotine in rotenone-induced PD ..
- Pretreatment with near-infrared light via light-emitting diode provides added benefit against rotenone- and MPP+-induced neurotoxicityRong Ying
Department of Cell Biology, Neurobiology and Anatomy, Medical College of Wisconsin, 8701 Watertown Plank Road, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Brain Res 1243:167-73. 2008..The present study used these specific mitochondrial complex I inhibitors (rotenone and 1-methyl-4-phenylpyridinium or MPP(+)) on striatal and cortical neurons in culture...
- Protective effect of 1-methyl-1,2,3,4-tetrahydroisoquinoline against dopaminergic neurodegeneration in the extrapyramidal structures produced by intracerebral injection of rotenoneLucyna Antkiewicz-Michaluk
Department of Biochemistry, Institute of Pharmacology, Polish Academy of Sciences, 31 343 Krakow, Poland
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 7:155-63. 2004The aim of this paper was to investigate whether rotenone, a pesticide causing experimental parkinsonism, causes direct damage to dopaminergic structure when injected intracerebrally and whether this action may be prevented by peripheral ..
- The mitochondrial complex I inhibitor rotenone triggers a cerebral tauopathyGünter U Höglinger
INSERM U679, Hopital de la Salpetriere, Paris, France
J Neurochem 95:930-9. 2005..on the distribution of alpha-synuclein or tau, we infused rats systemically with the plant-derived isoflavonoid rotenone. Rotenone-treated rats with a pronounced metabolic impairment had reduced locomotor activity, dystonic limb ..
- Depressive-like behaviors alterations induced by intranigral MPTP, 6-OHDA, LPS and rotenone models of Parkinson's disease are predominantly associated with serotonin and dopamineRonise M Santiago
Laboratorio de Fisiologia e Farmacologia do Sistema Nervoso Central, Departamento de Farmacologia, Universidade Federal do Parana, Curitiba, PR, Brasil
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 34:1104-14. 2010..1-methyl-4-phenyl-1,2,3,6-tetrahydropyridine (MPTP), 6-hydroxydopamine (6-OHDA), lipopolysaccharide (LPS) and rotenone are able to induce depressive-like behaviors and neurotransmitters alterations similarly that encountered in PD...
- Mitochondrial complex I inhibitor rotenone-elicited dopamine redistribution from vesicles to cytosol in human dopaminergic SH-SY5Y cellsMasahiko Watabe
Department of Pharmacology, Teikyo University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 323:499-507. 2007..b>Rotenone, a pesticide, produces selective degeneration of dopaminergic neurons and motor dysfunction in rats...
- Long-term efficacy and safety of human umbilical cord mesenchymal stromal cells in rotenone-induced hemiparkinsonian ratsNian Xiong
Department of Neurology, Union Hospital, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, Hubei, People s Republic of China
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 16:1519-29. 2010..effects of human umbilical cord mesenchymal stromal cells (HUMSCs) 1 year after transplantation into rotenone-induced hemiparkinsonian rats...
- Apoptosis induction by the natural product cancer chemopreventive agent deguelin is mediated through the inhibition of mitochondrial bioenergeticsN Hail
Department of Thoracic Head and Neck Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Apoptosis 9:437-47. 2004..These results demonstrate that deguelin induces apoptosis in skin cancer cells by inhibiting mitochondrial bioenergetics and provide a novel mechanism for the putative anticancer activity of this agent...
- The parkinsonian neurotoxin rotenone activates calpain and caspase-3 leading to motoneuron degeneration in spinal cord of Lewis ratsS Samantaray
Department of Neurosciences, Medical University of South Carolina, 96 Jonathan Lucas Street, Suite 309 CSB, P O Box 250606, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Neuroscience 146:741-55. 2007..b>Rotenone is a neurotoxin that has been used to induce experimental Parkinsonism in rats...
- Metabolic profiles show specific mitochondrial toxicities in vitro in myotube cellsQiuwei Xu
Merck Research Laboratories, 770 Sumneytown Pike, West Point, PA 19486, USA
J Biomol NMR 49:207-19. 2011..the application of quantitative NMR metabolomics to in vitro myotube cells treated with mitochondrial toxicants, rotenone and antimycin A...
- Effects of rotenone and pyridaben on complex I electron transfer and on mitochondrial nitric oxide synthase functional activityAna Navarro
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, School of Medicine, University of Cadiz, Plaza Fragela 9, 11003 Cadiz, Spain
J Bioenerg Biomembr 42:405-12. 2010b>Rotenone and pyridaben were tested on activities and properties of rat brain mitochondria determining Ki (inhibitor concentration at half maximal inhibition) and Imax (% of inhibition at maximal inhibitor concentration)...
- Mitochondrial function and morphology are impaired in parkin-mutant fibroblastsHeather Mortiboys
Academic Neurology Unit, Medical School, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, United Kingdom
Ann Neurol 64:555-65. 2008..The aim of our study was to determine mitochondrial function and morphology in parkin-mutant patients. We also investigated whether pharmacological rescue of impaired mitochondrial function may be possible in parkin-mutant human tissue...
- Mitochondrial complex I inhibitor rotenone inhibits and redistributes vesicular monoamine transporter 2 via nitration in human dopaminergic SH-SY5Y cellsMasahiko Watabe
Department of Pharmacology, Teikyo University School of Medicine, 2 11 1, Kaga, Itabashi ku, Tokyo 173 8605, Japan
Mol Pharmacol 74:933-40. 2008..Long-term systemic mitochondrial complex I inhibition by rotenone induces selective degeneration of dopaminergic neurons in rats...
- Rotenone potentiates dopamine neuron loss in animals exposed to lipopolysaccharide prenatallyZaodung Ling
Department of Pharmacology, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Exp Neurol 190:373-83. 2004..treating female Sprague-Dawley rats exposed to LPS or saline prenatally with a subtoxic dose of the DA neurotoxin rotenone (1.25 mg/kg per day) or vehicle for 14 days when they were 16 months old...
- Mechanism of the neuroprotective role of coenzyme Q10 with or without L-dopa in rotenone-induced parkinsonismAmany A Abdin
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Tanta University, Al Geish Street, Tanta, Egypt
Neuropharmacology 55:1340-6. 2008..the light on the role of coenzyme Q10 with or without L-dopa in an experimental model of parkinsonism induced by rotenone in rats. The present work showed that rotenone (2.5 mg/kg/day i.p...
- Partial mitochondrial inhibition causes striatal dopamine release suppression and medium spiny neuron depolarization via H2O2 elevation, not ATP depletionLi Bao
Department of Physiology and Neuroscience, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
J Neurosci 25:10029-40. 2005..We show here that acute exposure to the mitochondrial complex I inhibitor rotenone (30-100 nM; 30 min) causes concentration-dependent suppression of single-pulse evoked dopamine (DA) release ..
- Increased vulnerability to rotenone-induced neurotoxicity in ceruloplasmin-deficient miceKazuma Kaneko
Department of Neurology and Rheumatology, Shinshu University School of Medicine, 3 1 1 Asahi, 390 8621 Matsumoto, Japan
Neurosci Lett 446:56-8. 2008..b>Rotenone, a selective mitochondrial complex I inhibitor, induces neurodegeneration mimicking Parkinson's disease...
- Neuroprotective efficacy of Bacopa monnieri against rotenone induced oxidative stress and neurotoxicity in Drosophila melanogasterRavikumar Hosamani
Department of Biochemistry and Nutrition, Central Food Technological Research Institute, Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, Mysore 570020, India
Neurotoxicology 30:977-85. 2009..Environmental toxins like rotenone, a specific inhibitor of complex I is employed to increase oxidative stress mediated neuropathology and sporadic ..
- Pesticide/environmental exposures and Parkinson's disease in East TexasAmanpreet S Dhillon
Department of Occupational Health Sciences, University of Texas Health Science Center at Tyler, Tyler, Texas 75708, USA
J Agromedicine 13:37-48. 2008..is little human data on risk associated with specific pesticide products, including organic pesticides such as rotenone with PD...
- Paraquat neurotoxicity is distinct from that of MPTP and rotenoneJason R Richardson
Center for Neurodegenerative Disease, School of Medicine and Department of Environmental and Occupational Health, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Toxicol Sci 88:193-201. 2005Paraquat, MPTP, and rotenone reproduce features of Parkinson's disease (PD) in experimental animals...
- Rotenone induces cell death in primary dopaminergic culture by increasing ROS production and inhibiting mitochondrial respirationKhaled Radad
Department of Pathology and Clinical Pathology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Assiut University, Assiut, Egypt
Neurochem Int 49:379-86. 2006..from embryonic mouse mesencephala were applied to investigate the toxic effects and underlying mechanisms of rotenone-induced neuronal cell death relevant to Parkinson's disease...
- Near-infrared light via light-emitting diode treatment is therapeutic against rotenone- and 1-methyl-4-phenylpyridinium ion-induced neurotoxicityH L Liang
Department of Cell Biology, Neurobiology and Anatomy, Medical College of Wisconsin, 8701 Watertown Plank Road, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Neuroscience 153:963-74. 2008..The current study tested our hypothesis that LED treatment can protect neurons from both rotenone- and MPP(+)-induced neurotoxicity...
- Protection by the NDI1 gene against neurodegeneration in a rotenone rat model of Parkinson's diseaseMathieu Marella
Division of Biochemistry, Department of Molecular and Experimental Medicine, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 3:e1433. 2008..In fact, rotenone, a complex I inhibitor, has been used for establishing PD models both in vitro and in vivo...
- Metabolic stress in PC12 cells induces the formation of the endogenous dopaminergic neurotoxin, 3,4-dihydroxyphenylacetaldehydeI Lamensdorf
CNS, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Neurosci Res 60:552-8. 2000..The rapid appearance of DOPAL and DOPET after inhibition of complex I may be a useful early index of oxidative stress in DA-forming neurons...
- The neurobehavioral changes induced by bilateral rotenone lesion in medial forebrain bundle of rats are reversed by L-DOPAM Alam
Zoological Institute, Neuropharmacology, University of Tuebingen, Morgenstelle 28E, Tuebingen 72076, Germany
Behav Brain Res 151:117-24. 2004b>Rotenone (an inhibitor of mitochondrial complex I) has been proposed as a model of Parkinson's disease (PD) as it induces nigrostriatal degeneration associated with alpha-synuclein inclusions...
- Intersecting pathways to neurodegeneration in Parkinson's disease: effects of the pesticide rotenone on DJ-1, alpha-synuclein, and the ubiquitin-proteasome systemRanjita Betarbet
Center for Neurodegenerative Disease, Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases, Whitehead Biomedical Research Building, 615 Michael Street, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Neurobiol Dis 22:404-20. 2006..here, we used in vivo and in vitro models of chronic low-grade complex I inhibition with the pesticide rotenone. Chronic rotenone exposure in vivo caused oxidative modification of DJ-1, accumulation of alpha-synuclein, and ..
- PACAP protects neuronal differentiated PC12 cells against the neurotoxicity induced by a mitochondrial complex I inhibitor, rotenoneGang Wang
Department of Neurology and Institute of Neurology, Ruijin Hospital, Shanghai Second Medical University, Shanghai, China
FEBS Lett 579:4005-11. 2005..Here, we showed that PACAP27 protects against neurotoxicity induced by rotenone, a mitochondrial complex I inhibitor that has been implicated in the pathogenesis of Parkinson's disease (PD)...
- The exploration of rotenone as a toxin for inducing Parkinson's disease in rats, for application in BBB transport and PK-PD experimentsPaulien G M Ravenstijn
Leiden Amsterdam Center for Drug Research, Leiden University, Division of Pharmacology, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Pharmacol Toxicol Methods 57:114-30. 2008..transport mechanisms in the course of Parkinsons disease (PD) progression, experiments were performed to characterise Parkinsons disease markers following subcutaneous (SC) and intracerebral (IC) infusion of the toxin rotenone in the rat.
- Divergent mechanisms of paraquat, MPP+, and rotenone toxicity: oxidation of thioredoxin and caspase-3 activationSampath Ramachandiran
Center for Neurodegenerative Disease, School of Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Toxicol Sci 95:163-71. 2007Paraquat, N-methyl-4-phenyl-1,2,3,6 tetrahydropyridine, and rotenone have been shown to reproduce several features of Parkinson's disease in animal and cell culture models...
- Opening of microglial K(ATP) channels inhibits rotenone-induced neuroinflammationFang Zhou
Jiangsu Key Laboratory of Neurodegeneration, Department of Anatomy Histology, Pharmacology Nanjing Medical University Nanjing, Jiangsu, P R China
J Cell Mol Med 12:1559-70. 2008..channel opener pinacidil and selective mitochondrial K(ATP) (mito-K(ATP)) channel opener diazoxide prevented rotenone-induced microglial activation and production of pro-inflammatory factors (tumour necrosis factor[TNF]-alpha and ..
- Mouse model of optic neuropathy caused by mitochondrial complex I dysfunctionXian Zhang
Institute for Neuroscience and Center for Molecular and Cellular Toxicology, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78712, USA
Neurosci Lett 326:97-100. 2002..a mouse model of optic neuropathy caused by mitochondrial complex I dysfunction by intravitreal administration of rotenone, a complex I inhibitor, in CBA/J mice...
- A rotenone-sensitive site and H2O2 are key components of hypoxia-sensing in neonatal rat adrenomedullary chromaffin cellsR J Thompson
Department of Biology, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada L8S 4K1
Neuroscience 145:130-41. 2007..Here we tested the hypothesis that a rotenone-sensitive O2-sensor and ROS are involved in the hypoxic response of AMC cultured from neonatal and juvenile rats...
- Minocycline protects dopaminergic neurons against long-term rotenone toxicityKhaled Radad
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Assiut University, Assiut, Egypt
Can J Neurol Sci 37:81-5. 2010..In Parkinson's disease, most of current therapies only provide symptomatic treatment and so far there is no drug which directly affects the disease process...
- Human dental pulp stem cells protect mouse dopaminergic neurons against MPP+ or rotenoneClaudia Nesti
RRMR CUCCS Rete Regionale di Medicina Rigenerativa Center for the Clinical Use of Stem Cells, Italy Stella Maris Scientific Institute, Pisa, Italy
Brain Res 1367:94-102. 2011..5, 5, and 10 μM) and rotenone (0.25, 0...
- Neuroprotective effect of the antiparkinsonian drug pramipexole against nigrostriatal dopaminergic degeneration in rotenone-treated miceMasatoshi Inden
Department of Neurobiology, Kyoto Pharmaceutical University, Kyoto 607 8414, Japan
Neurochem Int 55:760-7. 2009..study, we examined the effect of pramipexole on DA neurons in a PD model of C57BL/6 mice, which were treated with rotenone (30 mg/kg, p.o.) daily for 28 days. Pramipexole (1 mg/kg, i.p...
- Bax shuttling after rotenone treatment of neuronal primary cultures: effects on cell death phenotypesMartin B Gill
Department of Neuroscience and Cell Biology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555 1072, USA
J Neurosci Res 87:2047-65. 2009..the role of Bax intracellular shuttling ER cell death signaling and necrotic-like cell death, we used rotenone-treated P5 neuronal cortical cultures to increase ER Bax levels and subsequent cell death signaling...
- Rotenone potentiates NMDA currents in substantia nigra dopamine neuronsYan Na Wu
Department of Neurology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Neurosci Lett 421:96-100. 2007b>Rotenone is a pesticide that produces a rodent model of Parkinson's disease...
- Cold stress decreases the capacity for respiratory NADH oxidation in potato leavesA Staffan Svensson
Department of Cell and Organism Biology, HS 4, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
FEBS Lett 517:79-82. 2002..This decrease is accompanied by specific decreases of immunodetected NDA protein and internal rotenone-insensitive NADH oxidation in mitochondria isolated from cold-treated plants...
- Acute action of rotenone on nigral dopaminergic neurons--involvement of reactive oxygen species and disruption of Ca2+ homeostasisPeter S Freestone
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences, The University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Eur J Neurosci 30:1849-59. 2009b>Rotenone is a toxin used to generate animal models of Parkinson's disease; however, the mechanisms of toxicity in substantia nigra pars compacta (SNc) neurons have not been well characterized. We have investigated rotenone (0...
- The results of five coded compounds: genistein, metaproterenol, rotenone, p-anisidine and resorcinol tested in the pH 6.7 Syrian hamster embryo cell morphological transformation assayJames S Harvey
Genetic Toxicology, GlaxoSmithKline, Park Road, Ware, Hertfordshire SG12 0DP, UK
Mutagenesis 20:51-6. 2005..We selected five compounds, genistein, metaproterenol, rotenone, p-anisidine and resorcinol, that had extensive genotoxicity and carcinogenicity data and tested them in the ..
- Rotenone neurotoxicity: a new window on environmental causes of Parkinson's disease and related brain amyloidosesJohn Q Trojanowski
Center for Neurodegenerative Disease Research, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Exp Neurol 179:6-8. 2003
- Rotenone partially reverses decreased BK Ca currents in cerebral artery smooth muscle cells from streptozotocin-induced diabetic miceLing Dong
Department of Physiology, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an 710032, China
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 36:e57-64. 2009..p., dissolved in sterile saline). Control and diabetic mice were treated with 12.7 micromol/L rotenone, an inhibitor of the mitochondrial electron transport chain complex I, or placebo every other day for 5 weeks...
- Role and regulation of ferritin H in rotenone-mediated mitochondrial oxidative stressElizabeth L Mackenzie
Department of Environmental and Molecular Toxicology, North Carolina State University, Campus Box 7633, Raleigh, NC 27695, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 44:1762-71. 2008..activation of the ferritin H gene in response to the mitochondrial complex I inhibitor and neurotoxic compound rotenone. Rotenone exposure increased ferritin H mRNA and protein synthesis in NIH3T3 fibroblasts and SH-SY5Y ..
- Reversal of rotenone-induced dysfunction of astrocytic connexin43 by opening mitochondrial ATP-sensitive potassium channelsShu Zhang
Department of Pharmacology, Nanjing Medical University, Jiangsu, People s Republic of China
Cell Mol Neurobiol 31:111-7. 2011..However, little is known about the role of Cx43 in Parkinson's disease (PD). In this article, we report that rotenone, a classic neurotoxin for PD, could inhibit expression of astrocytic Cx43 and gap junction permeability...
- Rotenone induces cell death of cholinergic neurons in an organotypic co-culture brain slice modelCeline Ullrich
Laboratory of Psychiatry and Exp Alzheimer s Research, Department of Psychiatry, Innsbruck Medical University, Anichstr 35, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Neurochem Res 34:2147-53. 2009..It is well established that rotenone, an inhibitor of complex I of the electron transport chain, induces cell death of dopaminergic neurons, however, ..
- Rotenone-induced PC12 cell toxicity is caused by oxidative stress resulting from altered dopamine metabolismYan Sai
Department of Preventive Medicine, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, China
Toxicol In Vitro 22:1461-8. 2008b>Rotenone is a widely used pesticide...
- Purification and characterization of a rotenone-insensitive NADH:Q6 oxidoreductase from mitochondria of Saccharomyces cerevisiaeS de Vries
Section for Molecular Biology, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Biochem 176:377-84. 1988..for NADH with apparent Km = 31 microM and was found to be inhibited by flavone (I50 = 95 microM), but not by rotenone or piericidin...
- Autophagy protects the rotenone-induced cell death in alpha-synuclein overexpressing SH-SY5Y cellsShorafidinkhuja Dadakhujaev
Department of Biochemistry and Neurobiology and Institute of Health Sciences, Gyeongsang National University School of Medicine, 92 Chilam dong, Jinju, Gyeongnam 660 751, Republic of Korea
Neurosci Lett 472:47-52. 2010..LC3-II protein, a critical marker for autophagy, was produced in an autophagy-dependent manner. The rotenone-induced cell death was interrupted by autophagy stimulation...
- Chronic rotenone exposure reproduces Parkinson's disease gastrointestinal neuropathologyRobert E Drolet
Pittsburgh Institute for Neurodegenerative Disease, Department of Neurology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 1526, USA
Neurobiol Dis 36:96-102. 2009..To begin to explore these phenomena in laboratory models of PD, rats were treated with either vehicle or rotenone (2.0 mg/kg, i.p.; 5 days/week) for 6-weeks...
- A transient inhibition of mitochondrial ATP synthesis by nitric oxide synthase activation triggered apoptosis in primary cortical neuronsA Almeida
, Hospital Universitario de Salamanca, Spain
J Neurochem 77:676-90. 2001....
- Stress-induced activation of the p53 tumor suppressor in leukemia cells and normal lymphocytes requires mitochondrial activity and reactive oxygen speciesLeonid Karawajew
Department of Hematology, Oncology, and Tumor Immunology, Robert Rossle Clinic, Helios Klinikum Berlin Buch, Charite Medical School, Berlin, Germany
Blood 105:4767-75. 2005..Down-regulation of mitochondrial transmembrane potential (MTMP) by inhibitors of electron transport (rotenone, thenoyltrifluoroacetone (TTFA)) and adenosine triphosphate (ATP) synthesis (oligomycin) prevented stress-induced ..
- Potential role of mitochondria in hypoxia sensing by adrenomedullary chromaffin cellsJosef Buttigieg
Department of Biology, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Adv Exp Med Biol 580:79-85; discussion 351-9. 2006
- Processes and components participating in the generation of intrinsic optical signal changes in vitroKatharina Buchheim
Neurologische Klinik und Poliklinik, Charite Universitatsmedizin, Berlin, Germany
Eur J Neurosci 22:125-32. 2005..05). This suggests a glial participation in signal generation. Rotenone, an inhibitor of mitochondrial complex I, yielded decreased amplitudes of the intrinsic optical signal (27 +/- 7% ..
- Isolation and characterization of complex I, rotenone-sensitive NADH: ubiquinone oxidoreductase, from the procyclic forms of Trypanosoma bruceiJ Fang
Department of Biochemistry, West Virginia University School of Medicine, Morgantown, WV 26506-9142, USA
Eur J Biochem 268:3075-82. 2001Additional characterization of complex I, rotenone-sensitive NADH:ubiquinone oxidoreductase, in the mitochondria of Trypanosoma brucei brucei has been obtained...
- Mitochondrial respiration and ATP production are significantly impaired in striatal cells expressing mutant huntingtinTamara Milakovic
Department of Psychiatry, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294 0017, USA
J Biol Chem 280:30773-82. 2005..These findings demonstrate that the presence of mutant huntingtin impairs mitochondrial ATP production through one or more mechanisms that do not directly affect the function of the respiration complexes...
- Oxidative stress caused by blocking of mitochondrial complex I H(+) pumping as a link in aging/disease vicious cycleAndrea Dlasková
Department of Membrane Transport Biophysics, No 75, Institute of Physiology, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Videnska 1083, Prague 14220, Czech Republic
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 40:1792-805. 2008..b>Rotenone caused a 5-fold J(m) increase (AC(50) 2 microM), which was attenuated by uncoupling, membrane potential (DeltaPsi(..
- Depressant effect of mitochondrial respiratory complex inhibitors on proteasome inhibitor-induced mitochondrial dysfunction and cell death in PC12 cellsSun Joo Lee
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, Chung Ang University, 156 756, Seoul, South Korea
Neurochem Res 30:1191-200. 2005The addition of rotenone (inhibitor of respiratory complex I), 3-nitropropionic acid (complex II inhibitor), harmine (inhibitor of complexes I and II) and cyclosporin A (CsA, an inhibitor of the mitochondrial permeability transition) ..
- Mechanism of toxicity of the branched-chain fatty acid phytanic acid, a marker of Refsum disease, in astrocytes involves mitochondrial impairmentGeorg Reiser
Institut fur Neurobiochemie, Otto von Guericke Universitat Magdeburg, Leipziger Str 44, D 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Int J Dev Neurosci 24:113-22. 2006..Phytanic acid caused cell death of astrocytes within a few hours of exposure. In conclusion, we suggest that phytanic acid initiates astrocyte cell death by activating the mitochondrial route of apoptosis...
- TNF-alpha/cycloheximide-induced apoptosis in intestinal epithelial cells requires Rac1-regulated reactive oxygen speciesShi Jin
Dept of Physiology, Univ of Tennessee Health Science Center, 894 Union Ave, Memphis, TN 38163, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 294:G928-37. 2008..The antioxidant, N-acetylcysteine (NAC), or rotenone (Rot), the mitochondrial electron transport chain inhibitor, attenuated mitochondrial ROS production and ..
- Protocatechuic acid inhibits apoptosis by mitochondrial dysfunction in rotenone-induced PC12 cellsYe Ming Liu
Department of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Dalian University of Technology, Dalian 116024, China
Toxicol In Vitro 22:430-7. 2008..However, the mechanism how PCA suppresses rotenone-induced neurotoxicity in cultured PC12 cells remains unclear...
- Ischemic defects in the electron transport chain increase the production of reactive oxygen species from isolated rat heart mitochondriaQun Chen
Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 294:C460-6. 2008..With succinate as substrate in the presence of rotenone, H(2)O(2) increased by 272 +/- 22% and 171 +/- 21% in SSM and IFM, respectively, after ischemia...
- Identification of novel proteins affected by rotenone in mitochondria of dopaminergic cellsJinghua Jin
Department of Pathology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA, USA
BMC Neurosci 8:67. 2007..b>Rotenone, a specific inhibitor of mitochondrial complex I, has been shown to produce neurodegeneration in rats as well as ..
- Interleukin-5 priming of human eosinophils alters siglec-8 mediated apoptosis pathwaysEsra Nutku-Bilir
Department of Medicine, Division of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Johns Hopkins Asthma and Allergy Center, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 38:121-4. 2008..Finally, both the mitochondrial electron transport inhibitor rotenone, and the ROS inhibitors diphenyleneiodonium and antimycin, completely inhibited Siglec-8-mediated apoptosis, even ..
- Zaprinast inhibits hydrogen peroxide-induced lysosomal destabilization and cell death in astrocytesJae Hyuck Choi
Department of Pharmacology, Korea University College of Medicine, 126 1, 5 ga, Anam Dong, Sungbuk Gu, Seoul 136 705, Republic of Korea
Eur J Pharmacol 571:106-15. 2007..acridine orange relocation and the induced decrease in mitochondrial potential, but zaprinast had no effect on rotenone-induced mitochondrial collapse, which was not associated with lysosomal destabilization...
- FLOW AND METABOLIC TRACER KINETICS IN HEARTRobert Marshall; Fiscal Year: 2002..b>Rotenone and its analogues are neutral, lipophilic compounds that are potent inhibitors of Complex 1 of the mitochondrial ..
- GI Endotoxin as an Environmental Trigger in an alpha-Synuclein Transgenic MouseRobert L Nussbaum; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will expose these transgenic animals to gram-negative endotoxin and rotenone, two agents frequently considered as environmental toxins most strongly implicated in PD...
- Proteomic Studies in Parkinson's DiseaseJing Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2007..A few neurotoxicants, e.g. rotenone, 1-methyl-4-phenyl-1,2,3,6-tetrahydropyridine and 6-hydroxydopamine, all capable of inhibiting mitochondria and ..
- NADH-UBIQUINONE REDUCTASE OF PARACOCCUS DENITRIFICANSTakao Yagi; Fiscal Year: 1993..ii) Identification of the DCCD-binding and the rotenone-binding subunit(s) of the Paracoccus NADH dehydrogenase complex...
- PROTON & ELECTRON TRANSFER & ENERGY COUPLINGTomoko Ohnishi; Fiscal Year: 1992..chemical properties of the H+-carriers, (ii) investigate new inhibitors which are different from conventional rotenone-type compounds, (iii) measure the spatial organization of the redox components in the membrane using continuous ..
- Oxidative modification of brain proteins in pesticide intoxicationPIER MASTROBERARDINO; Fiscal Year: 2007..designed to identify those proteins that get oxidized following the administration of two different pesticides, rotenone or paraquat, and to validate their potential use as biomarkers in antioxidant therapy...
- Deep Brain Stimulation in Parkinson's ModelsMarjorie Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2006..In the proposed studies, the ability of chronic administration of the insecticide rotenone, to produce an animal model of Parkinson's disease will first be tested in monkeys...
- Mitochondrial Response to Oxidative StressDANIEL BOGENHAGEN; Fiscal Year: 2006..A number of cellular toxins, including rotenone, 1-methyl-4-phenylpyridine (MPP+) and paraquat act to impair mitochondrial electron transport, generating ROS...
- Interaction Between Genes and the Mitochondria in ParkinBenjamin Wolozin; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will mainly use rotenone as the model toxin for complex I disruption...
- Interaction Between Genes and the Mitochondria in ParkinBenjamin L Wolozin; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will mainly use rotenone as the model toxin for complex I disruption...
- Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress and Parkinson's DiseaseDavid Ron; Fiscal Year: 2004..Recent experiments from our lab indicate that 6-hydroxydopamine and Rotenone, toxins implicated in experimental and environmental PD, cause an imbalance between the folding capacity of the ..
- Mitochondrial Oxidative Stress and Protection in Pesticide-induced NeurotoxicityJiyang Cai; Fiscal Year: 2007..In animal models, selective toxicities to the nigrostriatal dopaminergic neurons occur after systemic exposure to rotenone and paraquat. Oxidative stress is a common mediator of pesticide-induced neurotoxicity...
- Calpain inhibitors in models of Parkinson's diseaseMichel Baudry; Fiscal Year: 2007..against MPTP-mediated neurotoxicity and behavioral impairments in vivo in C57BI/6 mice, and against rotenone-mediated neurotoxicity in rats...
- Metabolic Oxidative Stress in Human Cancer CellsDouglas Spitz; Fiscal Year: 2007..Specific Aim 1 will determine using electron transport chain blockers (i.e., antimycin A, myxothiazol, and rotenone), if intact human cancer cells (or isolated mitochondria) demonstrate alterations in ROS production by ..
- Metabolic Oxidative Stress in Human Cancer CellsDouglas Spitz; Fiscal Year: 2007..Specific Aim 1 will determine using electron transport chain blockers (i.e., antimycin A, myxothiazol, and rotenone), if intact human cancer cells (or isolated mitochondria) demonstrate alterations in ROS production by ..
- Dopamine, mutant synuclein, oxidative stress and inflammationHoward J Federoff; Fiscal Year: 2010..Efforts to elucidate thls mechanism have been aided by the linkage between toxicant (e.g., MPTP, paraquat. rotenone) injury, oxidative stress, inherited defects in turnover of the presynaptic and Lewy Body constituent protein a-..
- GENETICS OF MPTP-INDUCED PARKINSONISMRichard Smeyne; Fiscal Year: 2009..blockade or transfer of GSTpi on cell death following administration of MPTP in vitro and in vivo; 3) Develop the rotenone model of experimental Parkinsonism in mice and determine if GSTp2 is altered in response to rotenone; 4) ..
- HEAT AND RADIATION EFFECTS ON TUMOR MICROCIRCULATIONMark Dewhirst; Fiscal Year: 2000..Thus, we will determine how reduction in 02 consumption (induced by hypothermia, hyperglycemia, rotenone or metronidazole) or increase in blood 02 content (using carbogen, 100% 02, or hyperbaric 02) alone or in ..
- GENETICS OF MPTP-INDUCED PARKINSONISMRichard Smeyne; Fiscal Year: 2007..blockade or transfer of GSTpi on cell death following administration of MPTP in vitro and in vivo; 3) Develop the rotenone model of experimental Parkinsonism in mice and determine if GSTp2 is altered in response to rotenone; 4) ..
- Mitochondrial Metabiolites to Treat Parkinson's DiseaseBruce Ames; Fiscal Year: 2005..our hypothesis using behavioral, biochemical, and immunohistochemical techniques on two models of PD: the chronic rotenone-exposed SK-N-MC human neuroblastoma cell model and the chronic rotenone-treated rat model...