Summary: A CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM STIMULANT. It was formerly used in the treatment of barbiturate overdose but is now considered to be of no value for such purposes and may be dangerous. (From Martindale, The Extra Pharmacopoeia, 30th ed, p1229)
- [The application of a broard spectrum automatic rapid drug identification system in acute drug poisoning]Hanbin Wang
The Second Department of Internal Medicine, The Affiliated Hospital of Academy of Military Medical Sciences, Beijing 100039, China
Zhonghua Nei Ke Za Zhi 41:408-10. 2002..To describe the usefulness of REMEDi HS in the diagnosis of acute drug poisoning patients...
- [Role of 5-HT(2A) receptor in increase in respiratory-related rhythmic discharge activity by nikethamide in neonatal rat transverse medullary slices]Zhi bin Qian
Department of Physiology, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou 510515, China
Sheng Li Xue Bao 60:216-20. 2008To investigate the effects of nikethamide on the generation and modulation of rhythmic respiration of neonatal rats and the role of 5-HT(2A) receptor in this course, experiments were performed on the transverse medullary slices of ..
- Spectrophotometric determination of nikethamide by charge--transfer complexation with chloranilic acidG B Okide
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Nigeria
Boll Chim Farm 141:299-303. 2002A Spectrophotometric method is described for assay of nikethamide which was based on charge transfer complexation between it and chloranilic acid. They form a complex with stoichiometric ratio of 1:1 and showed l-max at 535 nm...
- Enhancement of excitant amino acid release from rat brain slices by the convulsant 3-mercaptopropionic acidJ H Skerritt
Department of Pharmacology, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
Brain Res 258:165-9. 1983..Several other convulsants, including bemegride (200 microM), benzodiazepine Ro-5-3663 (100 M), nikethamide (500 microM), pentylenetetrazole (500 microM), and 4,6,6-trimethylcaprolactam (100 and 500 microM), and the ..
- Determination of stimulants using gas chromatography/high-resolution time-of-flight mass spectrometry and a soft ionization sourceViorica Lopez-Avila
Agilent Technologies, Santa Clara, CA, 95051, USA
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 26:2714-24. 2012..It was postulated that the use of a plasma gas such as Xe, which emits photons at a lower energy than Kr or Ar, would lead to softer ionization of the test compounds, and thus to less fragmentation...
- Sensitive determination of prohibited drugs in dried blood spots (DBS) for doping controls by means of a benchtop quadrupole/Orbitrap mass spectrometerAndreas Thomas
Institute of Biochemistry, Center for Preventive Doping Research, German Sport University Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Anal Bioanal Chem 403:1279-89. 2012..THC), tetrahydrocannabinol-9-carboxylic acid (THC-COOH), methylhexaneamine, methylphenidate, cocaine, nikethamide, 3,4-methylenedioxyamphetamine, N-methyl-3,4-methylenedioxyamphetamine, strychnine, mesocarb, salbutamol, ..
- Confirmation of amphetamine, methamphetamine, MDA and MDMA in urine samples using disk solid-phase extraction and gas chromatography-mass spectrometry after immunoassay screeningZengping Huang
Forensic Sciences Institute, Fujian Provincial Department of Public Security, Fuzhou 350003, China
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 792:241-7. 2003..Confirmation and quantitation was exercised by selected ion monitoring using nikethamide as chromatographic standard. Recoveries of the amphetamines were between 73.0 and 104...
- [Effects of oxygen and nikethamide on central drive, ventilation and blood gases of patients with obstructive lung disease in acute exacerbation of respiratory failure]X H Ren
Beijing People s Hospital
Zhonghua Jie He He Hu Xi Za Zhi 16:331-4, 373. 1993..was divided into three steps: room air breathing, 35% O2 inhalation for one hour, and then intravenous drip of nikethamide (1.875g) for two hours with 35% oxygen inhalation at the same time...
- Potentiation of cathinone by caffeine and nikethamideM D Schechter
Department of Pharmacology, Northeastern Ohio University, College of Medicine, Rootstown 44272
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 33:299-301. 1989The drug discrimination paradigm was employed to evaluate the effect of coadministration of both caffeine and nikethamide upon the discrimination of a low dose of cathinone. In rats trained to discriminate between 0...
- Solvent dependency of rotational barriers in ethamivan and comparison to nikethamideL S Rosenthal
Department of Chemistry, Sackler Sciences Center, Clark University, Worcester, MA 01610
Biochem Pharmacol 38:581-8. 1989..in two drugs known to cause widespread stimulation in the mammalian central nervous system: ethamivan and nikethamide. Total NMR bandshape analysis was performed for the exchanging alkyl carbon resonances of these compounds as a ..
- Sedative, hypnotic and anticonvulsant activities of the ethanol fraction from Rhizoma Pinelliae PraeparatumXiang yang Wu
School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Jiangsu University, Zhenjiang 212013, China
J Ethnopharmacol 135:325-9. 2011..The present study aimed to investigate the sedative, hypnotic and anticonvulsant activities of ethanol fraction from Rhizoma Pinelliae Praeparatum (EFRP) and to determine whether these effects were related to GABAergic mechanism...
- [GABA A receptor participates in respiratory enhancement induced by nikethamide in neonatal rats]Zhi bin Qian
Department of Physiology, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou 510515, China
Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 28:301-4. 2008To investigate the role of GABA A receptor in nikethamide-induced respiratory enhancement in the medullary slices of neonatal rats.
- Simultaneous determination of nikethamide and lidocaine in human blood and cerebrospinal fluid by high performance liquid chromatographyLili Chen
West China School of Preclinical Medicine and Forensic Medicine, Sichuan University, No 17, Section 3, Renmin Nan Road, Chengdu 610041, PR China
J Pharm Biomed Anal 43:1757-62. 2007b>Nikethamide and lidocaine are often requested to be quantified simultaneously in forensic toxicological analysis...
- Paclitaxel-loaded microparticles and implants for the treatment of brain cancer: preparation and physicochemical characterizationK Elkharraz
College of Pharmacy, Freie Universitaet Berlin, Kelchstr 31, 12169 Berlin, Germany
Int J Pharm 314:127-36. 2006....
- Aqueous N,N-diethylnicotinamide (DENA) solution as a medium for accelerated release study of paclitaxelNamjin Baek
Department of Pharmaceutics and Biomedical Engineering, Purdue University School of Pharmacy, Room G22, 575 Stadium Mall Drive, West Lafayette, IN 47907 2051, USA
J Biomater Sci Polym Ed 15:527-42. 2004..Our study suggests that the aqueous DENA solution can be used for the accelerated release study of PTX from PLGA matrices...
- Effects of ethylene glycol-based graft, star-shaped, and dendritic polymers on solubilization and controlled release of paclitaxelTooru Ooya
School of Materials Science, Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Tatsunokuchi, Ishikawa 923 1292, Japan
J Control Release 93:121-7. 2003..The availability of the new graft, star and dendritic polymers having ethylene glycol units should permit development of novel delivery systems for other poorly water-soluble drugs...
- [Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of nikethamide after endotracheal administration in dogs]R H Huang
Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Academy of Military Medical Sciences, Beijing, China
Zhongguo Yao Li Xue Bao 15:271-4. 1994..Through the rubber tube, 10 ml sterized nikethamide (Nik) solution was rapidly injected into the tract via 10 ml syringe and 5 forceful ventilations were performed ..
- Replacement of cyanogen bromide solution PH. EUR. with 1,3-dibromo-5,5-dimethylhydantoin (DBH). Analytical methods of pharmacopoeias with DBH in respect to environmental and economical concern, Part 13M Hilp
Institut für Pharmazeutische Chemie der Philipps Universitat, Marburg, Germany
Pharmazie 57:250-1. 2002PH. EUR. 2002 identifies nicotinamid, nicotinic acid, and nikethamide according the reaction of König using cyanogen bromide solution prepared with bromine water and ammonium thiocyanate immediately before use...
- [The action of Essentiale and its combination with cordiamine and vitamin E on the processes of xenobiotic biotransformation and lipid peroxidation and on liver structure in rats with cholestasis]I V Zverinskii
Institute of Biochemistry, Belarus Academy of Sciences Regional Clinical Hospital, Grodno
Eksp Klin Farmakol 61:33-6. 1998..Combination of essentiale with cordiamin (nikethamide) and viatmin E (50 mg/kg for 35 days) considerably activated the mono-oxigenase, glucoro- and glutathione ..
- Mechanistic studies on hydrotropic solubilization of nifedipine in nicotinamide solutionH Suzuki
Fuji Laboratory, Janssen Kyowa Co, Ltd, Shizuoka, Japan
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 46:125-30. 1998..The significant contributor to the hydrotropic solubilization of nifedipine with nicotinamide was therefore the ligand hydrophobicity rather than the aromaticity of the pyridine ring...
- [Picolylamides of the nicethamide type. 6. Structure-activity relationships of analeptics of the nicethamide type]H J Sattler
Pharm Acta Helv 50:298-303. 1975