Genomes and Genes
Summary: Semisynthetic derivative of CODEINE that acts as a narcotic analgesic more potent and addicting than codeine.
Publications298 found, 100 shown here
- Prescribing of opioid analgesics and related mortality before and after the introduction of long-acting oxycodoneIrfan A Dhalla
Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, and the Keenan Research Centre of the Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute, St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, Ontario
CMAJ 181:891-6. 2009Opioid-related mortality appears to be increasing in Canada. We examined the true extent of the problem and the impact of the introduction of long-acting oxycodone.
- Efficacy and safety of Tapentadol extended release compared with oxycodone controlled release for the management of moderate to severe chronic pain related to osteoarthritis of the knee: a randomized, double-blind, placebo- and active-controlled phase IIIMarc Afilalo
Sir Mortimer B Davis Jewish General Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Clin Drug Investig 30:489-505. 2010..Tapentadol is a novel, centrally acting analgesic with mu-opioid receptor agonist and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor activity...
- Morphine, oxycodone, and fentanyl exhibit different analgesic profiles in mouse pain modelsKazuhisa Minami
Pain and Neurology, Discovery Research Laboratories, Shionogi and Co, Ltd, Japan
J Pharmacol Sci 111:60-72. 2009Morphine, oxycodone, and fentanyl are clinically prescribed drugs for the management of severe pain. We investigated whether these opioids possess different efficacy profiles on several types of pain in mouse pain models...
- Impact of the CYP2D6 genotype on post-operative intravenous oxycodone analgesiaS T Zwisler
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, Odense University Hospital, Odense, Denmark
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 54:232-40. 2010b>Oxycodone is a semi-synthetic opioid with a mu-receptor agonist-mediated effect in several pain conditions, including post-operative pain...
- A comparative study of oxycodone and morphine in a multi-modal, tissue-differentiated experimental pain modelCamilla Staahl
Center for Visceral Biomechanics and Pain, Department of Gastroenterology, University Hospital Aalborg, Denmark
Pain 123:28-36. 2006..In animal experiments, oxycodone has shown different effects compared to morphine, and clinical observations have shown that oxycodone may ..
- Adverse drug reactions to oxycodone and hydrocodone in CYP2D6 ultrarapid metabolizersJose de Leon
J Clin Psychopharmacol 23:420-1. 2003
- Controlled-release oxycodone relieves neuropathic pain: a randomized controlled trial in painful diabetic neuropathyC Peter N Watson
University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Pain 105:71-8. 2003..Painful neuropathy is one of the most common long-term complications of diabetes mellitus and often proves difficult to relieve...
- The promotion and marketing of oxycontin: commercial triumph, public health tragedyArt Van Zee
Stone Mountain Health Services, St Charles Clinic, St Charles, VA 24282, USA
Am J Public Health 99:221-7. 2009....
- The pharmacokinetics of oxycodoneRalph A Lugo
Department of Pharmacotherapy, College of Pharmacy, University of Utah, Salt Lake City 84112 5820, USA
J Pain Palliat Care Pharmacother 18:17-30. 2004b>Oxycodone is among the most commonly used opioid analgesics for the relief of moderate-to-severe pain and is pharmacodynamically comparable to morphine...
- A comparison of intravenous oxycodone and intravenous morphine in patient-controlled postoperative analgesia after laparoscopic hysterectomyHarald Lenz
University of Oslo, Faculty Division Ullevaal University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Anesth Analg 109:1279-83. 2009In this study, we investigated the dose requirements, pain relief, and side effects of oxycodone versus morphine after surgery with visceral pain.
- The antinociceptive effect and adverse drug reactions of oxycodone in human experimental pain in relation to genetic variations in the OPRM1 and ABCB1 genesStine T Zwisler
Clinical Pharmacology, Institute of Public Health, University of Southern Denmark, Odense, Denmark
Fundam Clin Pharmacol 24:517-24. 2010..gene and C3435T and G2677T/A in the ABCB1 gene and altered antinociceptive effect and adverse drug reactions of oxycodone. Thirty-three healthy subjects exposed to experimental pain including electrical stimulation and the cold ..
- The efficacy and safety of fentanyl buccal tablet compared with immediate-release oxycodone for the management of breakthrough pain in opioid-tolerant patients with chronic painMichael A Ashburn
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Anesth Analg 112:693-702. 2011..In this study we evaluated the efficacy and safety of treatment with fentanyl buccal tablet (FBT) in comparison with immediate-release oxycodone in alleviating BTP in opioid-tolerant patients with chronic pain.
- Opioid formulations designed to resist/deter abuseRobert B Raffa
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Temple University School of Pharmacy, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19140, USA
Drugs 70:1657-75. 2010..These drugs include extended-release morphine with sequestered naloxone (Embeda), controlled-release oxycodone in a high-viscosity hard gelatin capsule (Remoxy) and an immediate-release oxycodone tablet with subtherapeutic ..
- Effect of the inhibition of CYP3A4 or CYP2D6 on the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of oxycodoneOliver Kummer
Division of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, Department of Biomedicine, University Hospital, 4031 Basel, Switzerland
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 67:63-71. 2011The main metabolic pathways of oxycodone, a potent opioid analgetic, are N-demethylation (CYP3A4) to inactive noroxycodone and O-demethylation (CYP2D6) to active oxymorphone...
- Meeting the challenges of opioid-induced constipation in chronic pain management - a novel approachKaren Reimer
Mundipharma Research GmbH and Co KG, Limburg Lahn, Germany
Pharmacology 83:10-7. 2009..Combination therapy with prolonged-release (PR) oxycodone plus PR naloxone has been shown to provide effective analgesia while preventing or reducing constipation...
- Combined oral prolonged-release oxycodone and naloxone in opioid-induced bowel dysfunction: review of efficacy and safety data in the treatment of patients experiencing chronic painKatri Elina Clemens
University of Bonn, Malteser Hospital Bonn Rhein Sieg, Centre for Palliative Medicine, Department of Science and Research, Von Hompesch Str 1, D 53123 Bonn, Germany
Expert Opin Pharmacother 11:297-310. 2010..The combination of the strong opioid oxycodone and the opioid antagonist naloxone has the potential to prevent opioid-induced bowel dysfunction (OIBD) while ..
- Major increases in opioid analgesic abuse in the United States: concerns and strategiesWilson M Compton
National Institute on Drug Abuse, 6001 Executive Boulevard, MSC 9589, Bethesda, MD 20892 9589, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 81:103-7. 2006....
- The hypoalgesic effect of oxycodone in human experimental pain models in relation to the CYP2D6 oxidation polymorphismStine T Zwisler
Clinical Pharmacology, Institute of Public Health, University of Southern Denmark, Odense, Denmark
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 104:335-44. 2009b>Oxycodone is O-demethylated by CYP2D6 to oxymorphone which is a potent micro-receptor agonist...
- Postoperative intravenous morphine consumption, pain scores, and side effects with perioperative oral controlled-release oxycodone after lumbar discectomyStephan Blumenthal
Department of Anesthesiology, Orthopedic University Clinic Zurich Balgrist, Zurich, Switzerland
Anesth Analg 105:233-7. 2007..In this study, we evaluated the perioperative application of oral controlled-release oxycodone to reduce postoperative IV morphine consumption and opioid side effects after lumbar discectomy.
- Comparative pharmacological profiles of morphine and oxycodone under a neuropathic pain-like state in mice: evidence for less sensitivity to morphineMinoru Narita
Department of Toxicology, Hoshi University School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo, Japan
Neuropsychopharmacology 33:1097-112. 2008The present study was undertaken to investigate pharmacological actions induced by morphine and oxycodone under a neuropathic pain-like state...
- Relationship between rate of infusion and reinforcing strength of oxycodone in humansSandra D Comer
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University, New York, New York, USA
J Opioid Manag 5:203-12. 2009..5-week inpatient study. During test days, participants received $20 and a dose of drug (0 or 40 mg oxycodone administered intravenously over 2, 15, 30, 60, or 90 minutes) in random order during a morning sample session...
- Trends in opioid consumption in the Nordic countries 2002-2006Katri Hamunen
Pain Clinic, Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Meilahti Hospital, Helsinki, HUS, Finland
Eur J Pain 13:954-62. 2009..The purpose of the study was to examine the trends in opioid consumption in the five Nordic countries between 2002 and 2006 and to explore possible explanations for changes in the quality and quantity of opioids consumed...
- Prenatal oxycodone exposure impairs spatial learning and/or memory in ratsChris P Davis
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology and Neuroscience, LSU Health Sciences Center Shreveport, Shreveport, LA 71130 3932, USA
Behav Brain Res 212:27-34. 2010..Adult female Sprague-Dawley rats were treated for 30 days via oral gavage with ascending doses of oxycodone HCl up to a final dose of 15mg/kg/day, which was maintained during breeding and gestation...
- Co-administration of morphine and oxycodone vaccines reduces the distribution of 6-monoacetylmorphine and oxycodone to brain in ratsM Pravetoni
Minneapolis Medical Research Foundation, 600 Shapiro Building, 914 8th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55404, USA
Vaccine 30:4617-24. 2012..strategy of combining 2 vaccines that could target several of the most commonly abused opioids; heroin, oxycodone and their active metabolites...
- Oxycodone: a review of its use in the management of painJulia Riley
Department of Palliative Care, The Royal Marsden NHS Trust, London, UK
Curr Med Res Opin 24:175-92. 2008b>Oxycodone is a strong opioid that acts at mu- and kappa-opioid receptors. It has pharmacological actions similar to strong opioids, but with a specific pharmacologic profile and greater analgesic potency to morphine...
- How different is oxycodone from morphine?Eija Kalso
Pain 132:227-8. 2007
- Reduced antinociception of opioids in rats and mice by vaccination with immunogens containing oxycodone and hydrocodone haptensMarco Pravetoni
Minneapolis Medical Research Foundation, 701 Park Avenue, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55404, USA
J Med Chem 56:915-23. 2013..Vaccination against prescription opioids may provide an alternative to pharmacotherapy. An oxycodone hapten containing a tetraglycine linker at the C6 position (6OXY(Gly)(4)OH) conjugated to keyhole limpet ..
- A brief survey to characterize oxycodone abuse patterns in adolescents enrolled in two substance abuse recovery high schoolsEric D Osgood
Department of Psychometrics and Outcomes, Analgesic Solutions, Natick, MA 01760, USA
Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse 38:166-70. 2012Although oxycodone is one of the most widely available and abused opioids, little published information exists on the abuse of immediate-release oxycodone.
- Comparison of opioid doctor shopping for tapentadol and oxycodone: a cohort studyM Soledad Cepeda
Janssen Pharmaceutical Research and Development, LLC, Titusville, New Jersey 08560, USA
J Pain 14:158-64. 2013..cohort study was to compare the risk of shopping behavior between tapentadol immediate release (IR) and oxycodone IR. Subjects exposed to tapentadol or oxycodone with no recent opioid use were included and followed for 1 year...
- Differential activation of the μ-opioid receptor by oxycodone and morphine in pain-related brain regions in a bone cancer pain modelAtsushi Nakamura
Pain and Neurology, Discovery Research Laboratories, Shionogi Co, Ltd, Toyonaka, Osaka, Japan
Br J Pharmacol 168:375-88. 2013..Bone cancer pain is chronic and often difficult to control with opioids. However, recent studies have shown that several opioids have distinct analgesic profiles in chronic pain...
- Oxycodone/acetaminophen at low dosage: an alternative pain treatment for patients with rheumatoid arthritisWilliam Raffaeli
Pain Therapy and Palliative Care Unit, Infermi Hospital, Rimini, Italy
J Opioid Manag 6:40-6. 2010To assess efficacy and safety of the association oxycodone/acetaminophen (oxycodone/acetaminophen) for pain treatment and disability improvement in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA).
- A randomized, double-blind, active-controlled, double-dummy, parallel-group study to determine the safety and efficacy of oxycodone/naloxone prolonged-release tablets in patients with moderate/severe, chronic cancer painSam H Ahmedzai
School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, UK
Palliat Med 26:50-60. 2012An examination of whether oxycodone/naloxone prolonged-release tablets (OXN PR) can improve constipation and maintain analgesia, compared with oxycodone prolonged-release tablets (OxyPR) in patients with moderate/severe cancer pain.
- Response to hydrocodone, codeine and oxycodone in a CYP2D6 poor metabolizerMargaret T Susce
University of Kentucky, Mental Health Research Center at Eastern State Hospital, Lexington, KY 40508, USA
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 30:1356-8. 2006..CYP2D6 metabolizes other opioid analgesics, including tramadol, dihydrocodeine, oxycodone and hydrocodone, although they have been less systematically studied...
- Oxycodone combinations for pain reliefR B Raffa
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Temple University School of Pharmacy, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Drugs Today (Barc) 46:379-98. 2010..We review here analgesic combinations containing oxycodone. We found surprisingly little preclinical information about the analgesic or adverse effect profiles of the ..
- The relative abuse liability of oral oxycodone, hydrocodone and hydromorphone assessed in prescription opioid abusersSharon L Walsh
Department of Behavioral Sciences, Center on Drug and Alcohol Research, University of Kentucky, 515 Oldham Court, Lexington, KY 40502, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 98:191-202. 2008..within-subject, placebo-controlled design to examine the relative abuse potential and potency of oral oxycodone (10, 20 and 40 mg), hydrocodone (15, 30 and 45 mg), hydromorphone (10, 17.5 and 25mg) and placebo...
- Oxycodone: new 'old' drugKlaus T Olkkola
Department of Anaesthesiology, Intensive Care, Emergency Care and Pain Medicine, University of Turku and Turku University Hospital, Turku, Finland
Curr Opin Anaesthesiol 22:459-62. 2009Since the introduction of oral immediate release and controlled-release oxycodone preparations to the market in the 1990s, the clinical use and scientific interest in oxycodone has increased greatly.
- Analgesic efficacy of peripheral kappa-opioid receptor agonist CR665 compared to oxycodone in a multi-modal, multi-tissue experimental human pain model: selective effect on visceral painLars Arendt-Nielsen
Center for Sensory Motor Interaction, Department of Health Science and Technology, Aalborg University, Denmark
Anesthesiology 111:616-24. 2009..a peripherally selective tetrapeptide kappa-opioid receptor agonist, CR665, on experimental pain from multi-modal stimulation of skin, muscle, and viscera, and (2) contrast these effects with those of oxycodone (centrally acting opioid).
- High doses of oxycodone-naloxone combination may provide poor analgesiaSebastiano Mercadante
Pain Relief and Palliative Care Unit, La Maddalena Cancer Center, Via San Lorenzo 312, 90146, Palermo, Italy
Support Care Cancer 19:1471-2. 2011Several studies have shown that an oxycodone/naloxone combination (ratio 2:1) provides analgesia and less constipation in non-cancer patients receiving relatively low doses of this formulation...
- St John's wort greatly reduces the concentrations of oral oxycodoneTuija H Nieminen
Department of Anesthesiology, Intensive Care, Emergency Care and Pain Medicine, Turku University Hospital and University of Turku, Turku, Finland
Eur J Pain 14:854-9. 2010..Chronic pain is associated with depression. Self-treatment of depression with herbal over-the-counter medicine St John's wort makes pain patients prone to drug interactions...
- Quality of life benefits and cost impact of prolonged release oxycodone/naloxone versus prolonged release oxycodone in patients with moderate-to-severe non-malignant pain and opioid-induced constipation: a UK cost-utility analysisWilliam Dunlop
Mundipharma International Limited, Cambridge Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge, UK
J Med Econ 15:564-75. 2012To compare the cost effectiveness of prolonged release oxycodone/naloxone (OXN) tablets (Targinact) and prolonged release oxycodone (OXY) tablets (OxyContin) in patients with moderate-to-severe non-malignant pain and opioid-induced ..
- Exposure to oral oxycodone is increased by concomitant inhibition of CYP2D6 and 3A4 pathways, but not by inhibition of CYP2D6 aloneJuha Grönlund
Department of Anaesthesiology, Intensive Care, Emergency Care and Pain Medicine, University of Turku and Turku University Hospital, Turku, Finland
Br J Clin Pharmacol 70:78-87. 2010b>Oxycodone is an opioid analgesic that is metabolized mainly in the liver by cytochrome P450 (CYP) 2D6 and 3A4 enzymes...
- Intravenous oxycodone, hydrocodone, and morphine in recreational opioid users: abuse potential and relative potenciesWilliam W Stoops
Department of Behavioral Science, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, 140 Medical Behavioral Science Building, Lexington, KY 40536 0086, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 212:193-203. 2010....
- Effect of telithromycin on the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of oral oxycodoneJuha Grönlund
Department of Anesthesiology, Intensive Care, Emergency Care and Pain Medicine, University of Turku and Turku University Hospital, Turku, Finland
J Clin Pharmacol 50:101-8. 2010..enzyme activity with telithromycin affects the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of orally administered oxycodone in a randomized 2-phase crossover study...
- The efficacy of oxycodone for management of acute pain episodes in chronic neck pain patientsK Ma
Department of Anesthesiology, Shanghai Sixth People s Hospital, Shanghai, China
Int J Clin Pract 62:241-7. 2008..The aim of this study is to evaluate the efficacy and side effects of oxycondone controlled release (Oxy-CR) in managing chronic neck pain with acute pain episodes...
- Tentative identification of novel oxycodone metabolites in human urineKarla A Moore
Office of the Chief Medical Examiner, State of Maryland, 111 Penn Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21201 1020, USA
J Anal Toxicol 27:346-52. 2003b>Oxycodone is a semisynthetic codeine derivative that has been used both as an analgesic and antitussive...
- The prescription opioid, oxycodone, does not alter behavioral measures of impulsivity in healthy volunteersJames P Zacny
Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care, MC4028, The University of Chicago, 5841 S Maryland Avenue, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 94:108-13. 2009This study examined the effects of oral oxycodone, a prescription opioid, on several measures of impulsive behavior in healthy volunteers...
- The effects of CYP2D6 and CYP3A activities on the pharmacokinetics of immediate release oxycodoneC F Samer
Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology and Multidisciplinary Pain Centre, Department of Anaesthesiology, Pharmacology and Intensive Care, Geneva University Hospitals, Switzerland
Br J Pharmacol 160:907-18. 2010..There is high interindividual variability in the activity of drug-metabolizing enzymes catalysing the oxidation of oxycodone [cytochrome P450 (CYP) 2D6 and 3A], due to genetic polymorphisms and/or drug-drug interactions...
- Opioid therapy for chronic noncancer back pain. A randomized prospective studyR N Jamison
Department of Anesthesia, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 23:2591-600. 1998..before being randomly assigned to one of three treatment regimens for 16 weeks: 1) naproxen only, 2) set-dose oxycodone, or 3) titrated-dose oxycodone and sustained-release morphine sulfate...
- Controlled-release oxycodone and pregabalin in the treatment of neuropathic pain: results of a multicenter Italian studyAntonio Gatti
Dipartimento AFA Servizio di Anestesia e Terapia del Dolore, Ospedale Tor Vergata, Viale Oxford 81, Rome, Italy
Eur Neurol 61:129-37. 2009..our study was to compare the efficacy, safety, and quality of life of combination therapy with controlled-release (CR) oxycodone plus pregabalin versus monotherapy with either CR oxycodone or pregabalin in patients with neuropathic pain.
- Long-term efficacy and safety of combined prolonged-release oxycodone and naloxone in the management of non-cancer chronic painA Sandner-Kiesling
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Medical University, Graz, Austria
Int J Clin Pract 64:763-74. 2010The aim of this study was to assess safety and efficacy of fixed combination oxycodone prolonged release (PR)/naloxone PR in terms of both analgesia and improving opioid-induced bowel dysfunction (OIBD) and associated symptoms, such as ..
- Effects of blocking CYP2D6 on the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of oxycodoneT Heiskanen
Department of Anaesthesia, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Finland
Clin Pharmacol Ther 64:603-11. 1998b>Oxycodone is metabolized in the liver by means of O-demethylation to form oxymorphone in a reaction catalyzed by the enzyme cytochrome P450 2D6 (CYP2D6). This enzyme is expressed as 2 phenotypes (extensive and poor metabolizers)...
- Combined prolonged-release oxycodone and naloxone improves bowel function in patients receiving opioids for moderate-to-severe non-malignant chronic pain: a randomised controlled trialO Lowenstein
Mundipharma Research GmbH and Co KG, Limburg Lahn, Germany
Expert Opin Pharmacother 10:531-43. 2009..double-dummy, parallel-group multicentre study assessed the impact of a total daily dose of 60-80 mg oral oxycodone prolonged-release (PR)/naloxone PR (OXN PR) as fixed-ratio combination for patients with opioid-induced ..
- Randomized, double-blind, cross-over trial comparing safety and efficacy of oral controlled-release oxycodone with controlled-release morphine in patients with cancer painE Bruera
Grey Nuns Community Hospital and Health Centre, Cross Cancer Institute, Division of Palliative Care Medicine, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
J Clin Oncol 16:3222-9. 1998Use of oxycodone for chronic cancer pain has been hampered by its short elimination half-life. This study was designed to compare the efficacy and safety of controlled-release formulations of oxycodone and morphine for cancer pain.
- In vivo blood-brain barrier transport of oxycodone in the rat: indications for active influx and implications for pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamicsEmma Boström
Division of Pharmacokinetics and Drug Therapy, Department of Pharmaceutical Biosciences, Uppsala University, Box 591, SE 751 24 Uppsala, Sweden
Drug Metab Dispos 34:1624-31. 2006The blood-brain barrier (BBB) transport of oxycodone was studied in rats. Microdialysis probes were inserted into the striatum and vena jugularis...
- Rifampin greatly reduces the plasma concentrations of intravenous and oral oxycodoneTuija H Nieminen
Department of Anesthesiology, Intensive Care, Emergency Care and Pain Medicine, Turku University Hospital, Turku, Finland
Anesthesiology 110:1371-8. 2009b>Oxycodone is a mu-opioid receptor agonist that is metabolized mainly in the liver by cytochrome P450 3A and 2D6 enzymes. Rifampin is a strong inducer of several drug-metabolizing enzymes...
- Predicting the analgesic effect to oxycodone by 'static' and 'dynamic' quantitative sensory testing in healthy subjectsElon Eisenberg
The Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Israel
Pain 151:104-9. 2010..on 40 healthy volunteers in order to test whether this methodology can predict the analgesic effects of oral oxycodone, as compared to a placebo, on latency to onset, pain intensity, and tolerance to the cold pressor test (CPT)...
- Morphine and alternative opioids in cancer pain: the EAPC recommendationsG W Hanks
Palliative Medicine, University of Bristol, Bristol Haematology and Oncology Centre, UK
Br J Cancer 84:587-93. 2001..Practical strategies for dealing with difficult situations are described presenting a consensus view where supporting evidence is lacking. The strength of the evidence on which each recommendation is based is indicated...
- Role of oxycodone and oxycodone/naloxone in cancer pain managementWojciech Leppert
Department of Palliative Medicine, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Osiedle Rusa 25 A, PL 61 245 Poznań, Poland
Pharmacol Rep 62:578-91. 2010b>Oxycodone is a valued opioid analgesic, which may be administered either as the first strong opioid or when other strong opioids are ineffective...
- Oxycodone-induced analgesic effects in a bone cancer pain model in miceAkira Kato
Pain and Neurology, Discovery Research Laboratories, Shionogi and Co, Ltd, Koka, Japan
Oncology 74:55-60. 2008..The analgesic effects of oxycodone and other opioids, such as morphine and fentanyl, were evaluated at 14 days when all pain-related behaviors ..
- Abuse liability of oxycodone as a function of pain and drug use historyS D Comer
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University and the New York State Psychiatric Institute, 1051 Riverside Drive, Unit 120, New York, NY 10032, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 109:130-8. 2010..All participants completed twelve sessions during which the effects of orally delivered oxycodone (0, 15, 30mg/70kg, PO) were examined...
- Effects of itraconazole on the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of intravenously and orally administered oxycodoneTeijo I Saari
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Turku, Finland
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 66:387-97. 2010The aim of this study was to investigate the effects of the cytochrome P450 3A4 (CYP34A) inhibitor itraconazole on the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of orally and intravenously administered oxycodone.
- Oxycodone vs. fentanyl in the treatment of early post-operative pain after laparoscopic cholecystectomy: a randomised double-blind studyS Koch
Department of Anaesthesiology, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 52:845-50. 2008It has been suggested that oxycodone is superior to other opioids in the treatment of visceral pain. We therefore compared the effect of intravenous (i.v.) oxycodone and i.v...
- Efficacy of oxycodone/acetaminophen and codeine/acetaminophen vs. conventional therapy in elderly women with persistent, moderate to severe osteoarthritis-related painLaura Corsinovi
Section of Geriatrics, Department of Medical and Surgical Disciplines, University of Turin, Ospedale San Giovanni Battista Molinette, Corso Bramante 88, I 10126 Torino, Italy
Arch Gerontol Geriatr 49:378-82. 2009We aimed to evaluate the efficacy and safety of oxycodone/acetaminophen (O/A) and codeine/acetaminophen (C/A) vs...
- The effect of FDA approval of a generic competitor to OxyContin (oxycodone HCl controlled-release) tablets on the abuse of oxycodoneJ Elise Bailey
Rocky Mountain Poison and Drug Center, Denver Health, CO, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 84:182-7. 2006Controversy exists concerning whether abuse of oxycodone will increase after the introduction of generic controlled-release (CR) oxycodone...
- Long-term use of controlled-release oxycodone for noncancer pain: results of a 3-year registry studyRussell K Portenoy
Department of Pain Medicine and Palliative Care, Beth Israel Medical Center, New York, NY 10003, USA
Clin J Pain 23:287-99. 2007To evaluate the outcomes associated with the use of controlled-release (CR) oxycodone for up to 3 years in the treatment of noncancer pain.
- Regulation of gene expression in brain tissues of rats repeatedly treated by the highly abused opioid agonist, oxycodone: microarray profiling and gene mapping analysisHazem E Hassan
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, School of Medicine, University of Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 38:157-67. 2010Although oxycodone is the most often used opioid agonist, it remains one of the most understudied drugs...
- Changing patterns in opioid addiction: characterizing users of oxycodone and other opioidsBeth Sproule
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Toronto, ON
Can Fam Physician 55:68-9, 69.e1-5. 2009To evaluate the clinical observation that the number of individuals seeking opioid detoxification from oxycodone was increasing at the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH) in Toronto, Ont; and to identify the characteristics of ..
- Levo-tetrahydropalmatine attenuates oxycodone-induced conditioned place preference in ratsYan Li Liu
College of Pharmacy, Soochow University, Suzhou, China
Eur J Pharmacol 602:321-7. 2009..studies demonstrated the ability of l-THP to inhibit locomotor stimulation and physical dependence induced by oxycodone in mice and rats...
- Positive and negative subjective effects of extended-release oxymorphone versus controlled-release oxycodone in recreational opioid usersKerri A Schoedel
Kendle Early Stage, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Opioid Manag 7:179-92. 2011To compare the subjective effects of oxymorphone extended release (OM-ER) versus oxycodone controlled release (OC-CR).
- Voriconazole drastically increases exposure to oral oxycodoneNora M Hagelberg
Department of Anaesthesiology, Intensive Care, Emergency Care and Pain Medicine, Turku University Hospital, PO Box 52 Kiinamyllynkatu 4 8, FI 20521 Turku, Finland
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 65:263-71. 2009We investigated the effect of voriconazole on the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of oxycodone.
- Validation of the Bowel Function Index to detect clinically meaningful changes in opioid-induced constipationA M Rentz
Center for Health Outcomes Research, United BioSource Corporation, Bethesda, MD, USA
J Med Econ 12:371-83. 2009..The objective of the present analysis was to evaluate the psychometric characteristics of the BFI using data from clinical studies of oral prolonged release (PR) oxycodone/naloxone.
- Morphine versus oxycodone analgesia after percutaneous kidney stone surgery: a randomised double blinded studyKatja Venborg Pedersen
Urological Research Centre, Department of Urology, Fredericia Hospital part of Hospital Littlebelt, University of Southern Denmark, Dronningensgade 97, 7000, Fredericia, Denmark
Urolithiasis 41:423-30. 2013According to previous studies oxycodone might have some advantages over morphine in the treatment of visceral pain...
- Toxicology and characteristics of fatal oxycodone toxicity cases in New South Wales, Australia 1999-2008Shane Darke
National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre, University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW 2052, Australia
J Forensic Sci 56:690-3. 2011All cases of fatal oxycodone toxicity presenting to the New South Wales Department of Forensic Medicine over the period January 1, 1999, to December 31, 2008, were retrieved. A total of 70 cases were identified. The mean age was 48...
- Comparison of rofecoxib and oxycodone plus acetaminophen in the treatment of acute pain: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study in patients with moderate to severe postoperative pain in the third molar extraction modelScott Korn
Merck Research Laboratories, BLA 33, Bluebell, PA 19422, USA
Clin Ther 26:769-78. 2004..Rofecoxib has demonstrated an improved gastrointestinal safety profile compared with nonselective NSAIDs...
- CYP3A5*3 affects plasma disposition of noroxycodone and dose escalation in cancer patients receiving oxycodoneTakafumi Naito
Department of Hospital Pharmacy, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, 1 20 1 Handayama, Higashi ku, Hamamatsu, Shizuoka 431 3192, Japan
J Clin Pharmacol 51:1529-38. 2011The aim of this study was to evaluate the plasma dispositions of oxycodone and its demethylates and dose escalation based on genetic polymorphisms of CYP2D6, CYP3A5, ABCB1, and OPRM1 in cancer patients receiving oxycodone...
- Randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled comparison of the analgesic efficacy of oxycodone 10 mg/acetaminophen 325 mg versus controlled-release oxycodone 20 mg in postsurgical painArnold R Gammaitoni
Endo Pharmaceuticals, Inc, 100 Painters Drive, Chadds Ford, PA 19317, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 43:296-304. 2003This randomized, controlled trial compared the analgesic efficacy and safety of the new oxycodone 10-mg/acetaminophen 325-mg formulation (Percocet) for the treatment of acute pain following oral surgery with double the dose of oxycodone ..
- Effects of carbamazepine/oxycodone coadministration in the treatment of trigeminal neuralgiaAntonio Siniscalchi
Department of Neuroscience, Neurology Division, Annunziata Hospital, Cosenza, Italy
Ann Pharmacother 45:e33. 2011To report on a patient with trigeminal neuralgia who responded positively to combined carbamazepine/oxycodone treatment.
- A pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic study of oral oxycodone in a human experimental pain model of hyperalgesiaAnne E Olesen
Mech Sense, Department of Gastroenterology, Aalborg Hospital, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
Clin Pharmacokinet 49:817-27. 2010b>Oxycodone is not as well characterized, with respect to its pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic properties, as other opioids. Moreover, the pharmacodynamic profile of oxycodone can be affected by changes in the pain system, e.g. hyperalgesia...
- Effects of repeated oxycodone administration on its analgesic and subjective effects in normal, healthy volunteersZiva D Cooper
Department of Psychiatry, Division on Substance Abuse, New York Psychiatric Institute, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
Behav Pharmacol 23:271-9. 2012..tolerance developed to the analgesic, subjective, and physiological effects of the commonly prescribed opioid oxycodone when it was administered daily for 5 days...
- Impact of cachexia on pharmacokinetic disposition of and clinical responses to oxycodone in cancer patientsTakafumi Naito
Department of Hospital Pharmacy, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, 1 20 1 Handayama, Higashi ku, Hamamatsu, Shizuoka, 431 3192, Japan
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 68:1411-8. 2012..The aim of this study was to evaluate the influence of cachexia on the pharmacokinetic disposition of and clinical responses to oxycodone in cancer patients.
- Characterizing the subjective, psychomotor, and physiological effects of oral oxycodone in non-drug-abusing volunteersJames P Zacny
Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care MC 4028, The Pritzker School of Medicine, University of Chicago, 5841 S Maryland Avenue, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 170:242-54. 2003The subjective, psychomotor, and physiological effects of a widely prescribed and abused prescription opioid, oxycodone, have not been studied in a population of non-drug-abusing people.
- Bowel function during pain therapy with oxycodone/naloxone prolonged-release tablets in patients with advanced cancerK E Clemens
Department of Science and Research, Centre for Palliative Medicine, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Int J Clin Pract 65:472-8. 2011..The aim of the study was to evaluate whether patients with advanced cancer and moderate to severe cancer pain will benefit from treatment with oxycodone/naloxone prolonged-release tablets (OXN), with particular regard to constipation.
- Oxycodone concentrations are greatly increased by the concomitant use of ritonavir or lopinavir/ritonavirTuija H Nieminen
Department of Anaesthesiology, Intensive Care, Emergency Care and Pain Medicine, Turku University Hospital and University of Turku, P O Box 52, Kiinamyllynkatu 4 8, 20521 Turku, Finland
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 66:977-85. 2010..study aimed to investigate the effect of antivirals ritonavir and lopinavir/ritonavir on the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of oral oxycodone, a widely used opioid receptor agonist used in the treatment of moderate to severe pain.
- Innovative pain therapy with a fixed combination of prolonged-release oxycodone/naloxone: a large observational study under conditions of daily practiceU Schutter
Schmerztherapeutische Schwerpunktpraxis, Marl, Germany
Curr Med Res Opin 26:1377-87. 2010..Chronic pain has a marked negative impact on quality of life. Opioid treatment is often effective in controlling this pain, but it has numerous side-effects, particularly affecting bowel function...
- Severe leukoencephalopathy following acute oxycodone intoxicationYazmin Morales Odia
Department of Neurology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Neurocrit Care 13:93-7. 2010..Post-opioid toxic encephalopathy is described associated with the synthetic opioid, methadone, and after heroin intoxication, (inhaled, injected or ingested)...
- Prolonged-release oxycodone/naloxone in nonmalignant pain: single-center study in patients with constipationAntonio Gatti
Anaesthesiology Department, Policlinic and University Tor Vergata, Roma, Italy
Adv Ther 30:41-59. 2013..A prolonged-released (PR) fixed-dose combination of oxycodone and naloxone has been developed and efficacy has been demonstrated in phase 3 clinical trials.
- Genetic polymorphisms and drug interactions modulating CYP2D6 and CYP3A activities have a major effect on oxycodone analgesic efficacy and safetyC F Samer
Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology and Multidisciplinary Pain Centre, Department of Anaesthesiology, Pharmacology and Intensive Care, Geneva University Hospitals, Geneva, Switzerland
Br J Pharmacol 160:919-30. 2010The major drug-metabolizing enzymes for the oxidation of oxycodone are CYP2D6 and CYP3A...
- Different effects of morphine and oxycodone in experimentally evoked hyperalgesia: a human translational studyAnne Estrup Olesen
Mech Sense, Department of Gastroenterology, Aalborg Hospital, Aarhus University Hospital, Aalborg, Denmark
Br J Clin Pharmacol 70:189-200. 2010..WHAT THIS STUDY ADDS? * We now know that morphine and oxycodone exerts different effects in the sensitized pain system as we found a greater analgesic effect of oxycodone in ..
- Analgesic concentrations of oxycodone--a prospective clinical PK/PD study in patients with laparoscopic cholecystectomyMerja Kokki
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Kuopio University Hospital, Kuopio, Finland
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 110:469-75. 2012The analgesic concentrations of oxycodone in acute post-operative pain management have not been established...
- Subjective, psychomotor, and physiological effects profile of hydrocodone/acetaminophen and oxycodone/acetaminophen combination productsJames P Zacny
Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Pain Med 9:433-43. 2008To compare within the same individuals two typically prescribed doses of hydrocodone/acetaminophen and oxycodone/acetaminophen products for their subjective, psychomotor, and physiological effects in healthy volunteers.
- Oxycodone abuse in Texas, 1998-2004Mathias B Forrester
Texas Department of State Health Services, Austin, Texas 78756, USA
J Toxicol Environ Health A 70:534-8. 2007b>Oxycodone is frequently abused, and this abuse appears to be increasing. The purpose of this study was to describe the patterns of oxycodone abuse identified by Texas poison control centers...
- Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of oral oxycodone in healthy human subjects: role of circulating active metabolitesBojan Lalovic
Department of Pharmaceutics, University of Washington, Seattle 98195, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 79:461-79. 2006In vitro experiments suggest that circulating metabolites of oxycodone are opioid receptor agonists...
- Morphine, oxycodone, methadone and its enantiomers in different models of nociception in the ratKim Lemberg
Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Biomedicine, University of Helsinki, Finland
Anesth Analg 102:1768-74. 2006We studied the effects of the commonly used mu-opioid receptor agonists morphine, oxycodone, methadone and the enantiomers of methadone in thermal and mechanical models of acute pain and in the spinal nerve ligation model of neuropathic ..
- Diphenhydramine active uptake at the blood-brain barrier and its interaction with oxycodone in vitro and in vivoMuhammad Waqas Sadiq
Department of Pharmaceutical Biosciences, Uppsala University, SE 75124 Uppsala, Sweden
J Pharm Sci 100:3912-23. 2011Diphenhydramine (DPHM) and oxycodone are weak bases that are able to form cations. Both drugs show active uptake at the blood-brain barrier (BBB)...
- Miconazole oral gel increases exposure to oral oxycodone by inhibition of CYP2D6 and CYP3A4Juha Grönlund
Department of Anesthesiology, Intensive Care, Emergency Care, and Pain Medicine, University of Turku, P O Box 52, Kiinamyllynkatu 4 8, FI 20520 Turku, Finland
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 55:1063-7. 2011Our aim was to assess the effect of miconazole oral gel on the pharmacokinetics of oral oxycodone. In an open crossover study with two phases, 12 healthy volunteers took a single oral dose of 10 mg of immediate-release oxycodone with or ..
- Long-term safety of Remoxy® (extended-release oxycodone) in patients with moderate to severe chronic osteoarthritis or low back painNadav Friedmann
Pain Therapeutics, Inc, San Mateo, California 94404, USA
Pain Med 12:755-60. 2011Evaluate the long-term safety, tolerability, and efficacy of Remoxy® (extended-release oxycodone) in patients with chronic pain related to osteoarthritis of the hip and/or knee or chronic low back pain.
- Sevoflurane versus halothane: effect of oxycodone premedication on emergence behaviour in childrenDavid J Murray
Department of Anesthesiology, Washington University at St Louis Children s Hospital, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Paediatr Anaesth 12:308-12. 2002..The purpose of the study was to determine a frequency and duration of agitation with halothane and sevoflurane anaesthesia and whether oxycodone premedication affected the incidence of emergence agitation in children.
- [Difference in tolerance to anti-hyperalgesic effect and its molecular mechanisms between chronic treatment with morphine, fentanyl and oxycodone in a chronic pain-like state]Imai Satoshi
Department of Toxicology, Hoshi University School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2 4 41 Ebara, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo 142 8501, Japan
Nihon Shinkei Seishin Yakurigaku Zasshi 28:169-76. 2008In the present study, we demonstrated that repeated treatment with fentanyl, but not morphine or oxycodone, causes a rapid desensitization to its ability to block the hyperalgesia associated with the attenuation of mu-opioid receptor ..
- Pharmacogenomics as molecular autopsy for postmortem forensic toxicology: genotyping cytochrome P450 2D6 for oxycodone casesPaul J Jannetto
Milwaukee County Medical Examiner s Office, Wisconsin, USA
J Anal Toxicol 26:438-47. 2002..b>Oxycodone, frequently prescribed for the relief of moderate to severe pain, is metabolized by cytochrome P450 (CYP) 2D6, ..
- Prolonged-release oxycodone/naloxone in postoperative pain management: from a randomized clinical trial to usual clinical practiceK Kuusniemi
Department of Anaesthesiology, Intensive Care, Emergency Care and Pain Medicine, Turku University Hospital and University of Turku, Turku, Finland
J Int Med Res 40:1775-93. 2012These studies evaluated the feasibility of using oral prolonged-release oxycodone/naloxone (OXN PR) for the management of acute postoperative pain.
- Effectiveness and safety of new oxycodone/acetaminophen formulations with reduced acetaminophen for the treatment of low back painArnold R Gammaitoni
Endo Pharmaceuticals Inc, Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania 19317, USA
Pain Med 4:21-30. 2003To evaluate the analgesic effectiveness/safety of the new oxycodone 7...
- 18F-beta-Endorphin Imaging: Translational Study of an Opioid Peptide RadiotracerBRIAN contact REED; Fiscal Year: 2010..receptors (MOP-r), the target of addictive opioids such as heroin and prescription opioid analgesics such as oxycodone and morphine...
- Genetic Basis of Opioid Reward and Aversion in MiceCamron D Bryant; Fiscal Year: 2012..assay- to screen for differences in the rewarding response to the commonly abused prescription opioid agonist oxycodone (OXY) and the aversive response to the opioid antagonist naloxone (NAL)...
- Genetic Basis of Opioid Reward and Aversion in MiceCamron D Bryant; Fiscal Year: 2013..assay- to screen for differences in the rewarding response to the commonly abused prescription opioid agonist oxycodone (OXY) and the aversive response to the opioid antagonist naloxone (NAL)...
- Opioid selection and the risk of serious infections in older adultsCarlos G Grijalva; Fiscal Year: 2013..users of other opioids with comparable analgesic properties;and, 3) Test the hypothesis that concurrent use of oxycodone or methadone and strong inhibitors of their metabolism increases the risk of serious infections relative to such ..
- Social Influences on drug reward and monoaminesSondra T Bland; Fiscal Year: 2010..research addresses these issues by asking the following questions: Do social cues during exposure to the opioid oxycodone or the psychostimulant cocaine have a greater impact on drug seeking behavior in male and female rats that have ..
- Licit &Illicit Opioids: Comparative Studies in HumansSharon L Walsh; Fiscal Year: 2013..by conducting a series of studies on the clinical pharmacology of the most widely abused opioids (hydrocodone, oxycodone and Oxycontin(R))...
- Drug-Drug Interactions and Preventable Adverse Events in RheumatologyCECILIA PILAR CHUNG; Fiscal Year: 2013..assemble cohorts receiving selected CYP3A substrate drugs with great potential for toxicity: (1) the opioids oxycodone and fentanyl and (2) colchicine users and define the risk of clinically important outcomes associated with ..
- Exogenous Chemical Probes of TLR-Mediated NeuroinflammationHANG HUBERT YIN; Fiscal Year: 2013..g. morphine, methadone, meperidine, and oxycodone) and that this opioid-induced glial response suppresses opioid analgesia, resulting in the development of opioid ..
- Contribution of Various Genetic Polymorphisms to Oxycodone's Abuse LiabilityJermaine D Jones; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will attempt to elucidate the relationship between 3 common gene variants and the abuse liability of oxycodone. Currently, the abuse of prescription opioid medications is a pervasive social problem in the U.S...
- Early antigen-specific B cell responses as markers of oxycodone vaccine efficacyMarco Pravetoni; Fiscal Year: 2013..Specifically oxycodone (OXY)-specific B cells will be compared between different OXY vaccines and will correlate with OXY-specific ..
- Methods for the Development of Arrestin2 Inhibitors.Spiro Pavlopoulos; Fiscal Year: 2010..This work will lead to the development of tools to better understand these processes and may contribute to the design of therapeutic agents that help to treat addiction and circumvent tolerance to therapeutic drugs. ..
- The Prescriber Opioid Risk Reduction Strategies (PORRS) StudyJeanine K Mount; Fiscal Year: 2013..Primary concerns focus on adolescent and adult populations aged 15-64. Opioids of greatest concern (e.g., oxycodone, hydrocodone, methadone, morphine, codeine) are found in single- entity and combination drug products ..
- Mechanisms of Carisoprodol AbuseLaszlo Prokai; Fiscal Year: 2012..later, the Drug Abuse Warning Network identified carisoprodol as the 14th most abused drug, ranking higher than oxycodone, methadone, and LSD...
- Adolescent Oxycodone Self Administration and Vulnerability to Opiate AbuseYong Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Abuse of prescription opioid analgesics (such as oxycodone) has become a major health concern in the United States and occurs mostly in adolescents and young adults...
- Prescribed Opioid Safety in ChildrenWayne A Ray; Fiscal Year: 2013..Potentially hazardous practices include higher doses, high-potency opioids such as oxycodone, and concurrent central nervous system depressants...
- The process of long term abstinence from opioid use among HIV+ respondentsNelson Jose Tiburcio; Fiscal Year: 2012..This study holds promise for informing future interventions and sketching a roadmap to maintenance of recovery and wellness as demonstrated by HIV+ people with lived experience/s of abstinence from substance use. ..
- Online Buprenorphine Training for Outreach Workers and Case ManagersJANIE ELIZABETH SIMMONS; Fiscal Year: 2010..The curriculum will be marketed to a broad range of profit and non-profit organizations and institutions. ..
- Naloxone Nasal Spray DevelopmentDANIEL PAUL WERMELING; Fiscal Year: 2013..Conduct a human nasal tolerability study of the final formulation ..
- Characterization of the Role of mTOR Signaling in Opiate ActionMICHELLE SUZANNE MAZEI ROBISON; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Drug Self Administration and Withdrawal Effects on Cognitive FunctionBrian D Kangas; Fiscal Year: 2013..have high dependence and abuse liability (tetrahydrocannabinol [9-THC], the active ingredient in marijuana, and oxycodone, and the prescription opioid analgesic) on different aspects of cognition...
- T. brucei: next-generation platform for immunization against drugs of abusePete Stavropoulos; Fiscal Year: 2013..provided by applicant): Abuse and addiction to prescription opioids (short-acting MOP-r agonists such as oxycodone) have reached epidemic proportions in the US...
- Prescription Opioid Effects in Drug and Non-drug AbusersSandra D Comer; Fiscal Year: 2013..A study conducted during our previous award period revealed that oral oxycodone elicited similar subjective effects in drug abusers and non-drug abusers, but the self-administration patterns ..
- COPE-P: Shared Decision-Making Aid for Patients Regarding Chronic Opioid TherapySusan A Stoner; Fiscal Year: 2010..We propose to develop a web-based program to help patients, along with their healthcare teams, learn about and decide whether to utilize chronic opioid therapy or other alternatives. ..
- Epidemiologic Study of the Effectiveness of an ADF in Reducing Opioid AbuseJennifer R Havens; Fiscal Year: 2013..The results from this study, in turn, will have vast implications for not only public health, but aso policies surrounding development of ADFs in order to prevent abuse of prescription opioids. ..
- BEHAVIORAL EFFECTS OF OPIOIDS IN VOLUNTEERSJames Zacny; Fiscal Year: 2003..studies in normal volunteers, focusing on four oral drugs commonly used in outpatient settings: hydrocodone, oxycodone, propoxyphene, and tramadol...
- Internet as Supplier: Preventing Adolescent Use of Non-Medical Addictive RxAmelia M Arria; Fiscal Year: 2010..This study will obtain information directly from adolescents about their use of the internet and other sources to obtain drugs. ..
- Herb-Opioid InteractionsDanny Shen; Fiscal Year: 2003..proposal is to investigate if significant interactions occur between two widely used opioid analgesics - oxycodone and fentanyl and St. John wort extract through laboratory-based studies in healthy volunteers...
- Predictors of Relapse to Prescription Opioid Abuse Among Pain PatientsMaria A Sullivan; Fiscal Year: 2010..goal of this proposal is to address the growing problem of prescription opioid abuse by examining the effects of oxycodone in a laboratory setting in the presence of clinical pain and following significant pain relief following ..
- Changes in Homicide and Drug Overdose in New York CityKenneth Tardiff; Fiscal Year: 2006..and other fatal accidents with a focus on identifying the emerging role of newer drugs such as ecstasy and oxycodone. 2) To determine neighborhood-level determinants of homicide (e.g...
- Hyperalgesia in Methadone Patients: Can it be Treated?Margaret Compton; Fiscal Year: 2007..of opioid-induced hyperalgesia, (2) gabapentin, which has proven efficacy in treating neuropathic pain, and (3) oxycodone, which has novel opioid activity, will each be evaluated for its ability to ameliorate or diminish the opioid-..
- Opioid Mortality in Southwestern VirginiaMARTHA WUNSCH; Fiscal Year: 2006..The opioid drugs oxycodone, methadone, and fentanyl were identified as the direct or contributing cause of death...
- Opioid and Cannabinoid Pharmacokinetic InteractionsDonald Abrams; Fiscal Year: 2007..prescribed oral controlled-released morphine (MS Contin(r)) and 10 patients prescribed oral controlled-released oxycodone (OxyContin(r)) to assess the effect of smoking cannabis on the 12-hour plasma area-under-the-curve of these ..
- An in situ Opioid Drug Deactivation Kit for Home UseSHANTHASHANTHA SARANGAPANI; Fiscal Year: 2013..1: In this objective, the Contractor shall obtain the pure and pharmaceutical forms of codeine, morphine, oxycodone and fentanyl from DEA-certified commercial distributor(s) as well as other materials required for testing of the ..
- Modulation of Opioid Effects by Garlic SupplementsDanny Shen; Fiscal Year: 2007..this proposal is to assess the likelihood of a clinically significant interaction between garlic supplements and oxycodone-a commonly used oral opioid for the treatment of cancer pain...
- Abuse-deterrent sustained-release hydromorphoneMICHAEL ZAMLOOT; Fiscal Year: 2006..The abuse of oxycodone (Purdue Pharma's "OxyContin(tm)") and the resulting risk to public health and safety has been highly ..
- Prescription Opioids Among Street Drug Users: Medical Use, Misuse & DiversionWilliam R Davis; Fiscal Year: 2010..The research will provide systematic, longitudinal evidence about the extent of medical use, misuse, and diversion of POs within this population to help inform drug abuse control efforts. ..
- COPE-N: Interactive education on opioid management of chronic pain for nursesSusan Stoner; Fiscal Year: 2009..Prescription opioids are now the top cause of accidental drug overdose. New strategies for assuring quality pain care and limiting harm from opioid abuse are urgently needed. ..
- Functional Neuroimaging of Opioid Effects on Affective ExperienceK Luan Phan; Fiscal Year: 2007..S., with costly public health consequences. Opioids, such as oxycodone, tend produce feelings of well-being and pleasure (e.g...
- Treatment of Chronic Pain - Consumer and Provider Conce*Carole Upshur; Fiscal Year: 2003..management?; and 3) In what ways do provider and patient concerns and identified barriers converge or diverge and how do these convergences or divergences appear to relate to patient satisfaction and outcomes? ..
- BEHAVIORAL EFFECTS OF OPIOIDS IN VOLUNTEERSJames Zacny; Fiscal Year: 2009..by studying different doses of different opioids within the same study and within the same individual (Study 1: oxycodone versus hydrocodone;Study 2: oxycodone versus morphine)...
- Abuse-Related Effects of Opioids and Adjuvant Drug Used by Chronic Pain PatientsJames P Zacny; Fiscal Year: 2010..of three studies: using an abuse liability assessment methodology we will examine the interactions of oral oxycodone, a drug prescribed for CNMP and that has abuse liability, and two adjuvant drugs from each of three different ..
- Opiate drug abuse and CNS vulnerability to HIVKurt Hauser; Fiscal Year: 2009..Opiate drugs, such as heroin and oxycodone, intrinsically disrupt CNS function, by interfering with endogenous opioid and neuroimmune function...
- CHARACTERIZING PSYCHOACTIVE EFFECTS OF INHALANTSJames Zacny; Fiscal Year: 2004..In short, in our two proposed series of studies, we are developing a human laboratory model of inhalant abuse by studying potential determinants of abuse liability of inhalants (volatile and gaseous) in healthy volunteers. ..
- Pain Medication Use & Risk Factors for Opioid DependenceDaniel Solomon; Fiscal Year: 2004..Our goal is to use the results of the proposed research to inform a future intervention to improve opioid prescribing within this large pharmacy benefits program. ..
- Molecular Genetics of Inattention in AustraliaTHEODORE CICERO; Fiscal Year: 2009..This will be at a marked cost savings due to the employment of existing well-characterized samples and the long history of collaborative studies between investigators from Australia and the United States. ..
- OPIATE ENDOCRINE INTERACTIONS--DEVELOPMENTAL ASPECTSTHEODORE CICERO; Fiscal Year: 2003..The proposed animal studies could establish whether gender differences exist and if these differences are based on inherent, first-order biological differences between the sexes. ..
- Joint Action Analysis of Poly-drug WithdrawalRobert Raffa; Fiscal Year: 2006..g., electrophysiologic or molecular biology techniques. An improved understanding of how withdrawal is influenced by poly-drug abuse could lead to development of enhanced clinical treatment. ..
- New Neural Targets for Opioid Use Disorders: Human StudiesSharon L Walsh; Fiscal Year: 2010..1 will examine the effects of acute doses of aprepitant alone and in combination with acute doses of oral oxycodone and intranasal oxycodone in non-dependent opioid abusers (n=10)...
- THERAPEUTIC POTENTIAL OF KAPPA-OPIOIDS AGAINST COCAINESharon Walsh; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies are relevant to the treatment of cocaine abuse and may lead to the development of an effective pharmacotherapy, thereby, reducing the HIV and other health risks associated with cocaine abuse and intravenous drug abuse. ..
- PAIN AND ANALGESIC RESPONSE--SEX AND HORMONE VARIATIONSSandra Comer; Fiscal Year: 2002..In addition, they will more carefully examine sex differences in analgesic response to butorphanol and morphine, two agonists with differing selectivities for mu and kappa opioid receptors. ..
- Factors in Drug DependenceSharon Walsh; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- BUPRENORPHINE ABUSE BY HUMANS--LABORATORY STUDIESSandra Comer; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Evaluation of Novel Treatments for Stimulant DependenceSharon Walsh; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Sustained-Release Naltrexone for Opioid Dependence: Longitudinal Study in HumansSandra D Comer; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Evaluation of Atomoxetine for Cocaine Dependence: A Pilot TrialSharon Walsh; Fiscal Year: 2008..This study will provide preliminary safety and efficacy data on the potential utility of atomoxetine and determine whether a larger-scale evaluation is warranted. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A Spanish Adaptation of the ASI-Multimedia VersionStephen Butler; Fiscal Year: 2002..Due to its reliability and low cost, we believe the ASI-MV could become the "Gold Standard" addictions assessment. Under such a circumstance, a Spanish adaptation would enjoy widespread use and profitability. ..
- Signal Detection for Prescription Opioid OutbreaksStephen Butler; Fiscal Year: 2008..This system should be perceived by stakeholders as highly valuable. Thus, we believe this product has enormous commercial viability and public health importance. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- WEB-BASED MANAGEMENT TRAINING: ADDICTION-RESOURCES.COMStephen Butler; Fiscal Year: 2003..An analogue field trial will examine, in contrast to a written booklet and wait-list control, the website's effectiveness in facilitating managers to more use of clinical data in decision-making. ..
- Pain Assessment Interview and Clinical Advisory SystemStephen Butler; Fiscal Year: 2008..Thus, we believe this product has enormous commercial viability and public health importance. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Treatment of Fear and Pain in Irritable Bowel SyndromeBruce Naliboff; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- A Chinese Adaptation of the ASI-Multimedia VersionStephen Butler; Fiscal Year: 2004..The final product will be marketed as part of our extensive suite of substance abuse-related, multimedia tools. ..
- Computerized ASI Follow-up and Outcome SystemStephen Butler; Fiscal Year: 2004..Client acceptance will be evaluated along with correspondence between the IVR and traditional ASI administration. Phase II will evaluate the system's validity, capacity to produce acceptable response rates, and cost-effectiveness. ..
- ASI-MV.net: A Prescription Medication Monitoring ToolStephen Butler; Fiscal Year: 2006..Phase II will fully develop the ASI-MV.net website and establish its reliability and validity. The ASI-MV.net will be an innovative solution to problems collecting product-specific addictions data in real time. [unreadable] [unreadable]..