Summary: A dopamine agonist and serotonin antagonist. It has been used similarly to BROMOCRIPTINE as a dopamine agonist and also for MIGRAINE DISORDERS therapy.
Publications136 found, 100 shown here
- Metergoline potentiates natural feeding and antagonizes the anorectic action of medical hypothalamic 5-hydroxytryptamineP J Currie
Clarke Institute of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, ON, Canada
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 53:1023-8. 1996..5 h postinjection. In separate groups of rats, the serotonergic antagonist metergoline (MET) (2...
- Metergoline blocks the behavioral and neuroendocrine effects of orally administered m-chlorophenylpiperazine in patients with obsessive-compulsive disorderT A Pigott
Section on Clinical Neuropharmacology, National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, MD 20892
Biol Psychiatry 29:418-26. 1991..Six OCD patients received four separate challenges: placebo, metergoline, m-CPP, and metergoline plus m-CPP; the second group (n = 6) received metergoline and metergoline plus m-CPP in ..
- Double-blind, placebo-controlled study of single-dose metergoline in depressed patients with seasonal affective disorderErick H Turner
Section on Biological Rhythms, Intramural Research Program, National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 22:216-20. 2002..The authors initially hypothesized that metergoline, a nonspecific serotonin antagonist, would exacerbate depressive symptoms...
- A comparison of the behavioral effects of oral versus intravenous mCPP administration in OCD patients and the effect of metergoline prior to i.v. mCPPT A Pigott
Section on Clinical Neuropharmacology, National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, MD
Biol Psychiatry 33:3-14. 1993..Pretreatment with the potent serotonin (5-HT) antagonist, metergoline, prior to intravenous mCPP was associated with essentially complete blockade of the exacerbation in OCD ..
- Pharmacotherapy of seasonal affective disorderEdda Pjrek
Department of General Psychiatry at the Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
CNS Spectr 10:664-9; quiz 672. 2005..Furthermore, there are no studies specifically addressing bipolar seasonal depression. This article will review the published literature on pharmacotherapy of seasonal affective disorder...
- Effects of dopamine D1-like receptor agonists on food-maintained operant behavior in ratsJonathan L Katz
Psychobiology Section, National Institute on Drug Abuse, Intramural Research Program, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
Behav Pharmacol 17:303-9. 2006..The nonselective serotonergic antagonist metergoline produced a significant rightward shift of the SKF 38393 dose-response function, indicating effective antagonism,..
- Anxiolytic-like action of MTEP expressed in the conflict drinking Vogel test in rats is serotonin dependentK Stachowicz
Institute of Pharmacology, Polish Academy of Sciences, Smetna 12, 31 343 Krakow, Poland
Neuropharmacology 53:741-8. 2007..The potential anxiolytic effect of MTEP (1 mg/kg) was inhibited by a nonselective 5-HT receptor antagonist metergoline (2 mg/kg i.p.) and 5-HT2A/2C receptor antagonist ritanserin (0.5 mg/kg i.p...
- Serotonergic activation rescues reproductive function in fasted mice: does serotonin mediate the metabolic effects of leptin on reproduction?Shannon D Sullivan
Department of Medicine, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Biol Reprod 66:1702-6. 2002..Coadministration of the 5HT 1/2/7 receptor-antagonist metergoline blocked rescue of cycle length by fluoxetine and by leptin...
- Feeding behavior after metergoline or GR-46611 injections into the paraventricular nucleus of the hypothalamus in the pigeonRenata A Da Silva
Department of Physiological Sciences CCB, Federal University of Santa Catarina, 88040 900 Florianopolis, SC, Brazil
Behav Brain Res 179:248-57. 2007..study examined changes in spontaneous behavior of free-feeding pigeons in response to local injections of metergoline (MET, an antagonist of 5-HT(1/2) receptors; 5, 10 and 20 nmol), GR-46611 (GR, a 5-HT(1B/1D) agonist; 0...
- Systemic morphine produce antinociception mediated by spinal 5-HT7, but not 5-HT1A and 5-HT2 receptors in the spinal cordA Dogrul
Department of Pharmacology, Gülhane Academy of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Br J Pharmacol 149:498-505. 2006..One of the most recently identified subtypes of 5 HT receptor is the 5-HT7 receptor. We aimed to examine the role of spinal 5-HT7 receptors in the antinociceptive effects of systemic morphine...
- Estrous cycle and food availability affect feeding induced by amygdala 5-HT receptor blockadeGraham C Parker
Department of Psychology, Wayne State University, 71 West Warren Avenue, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 71:701-7. 2002We have recently reported that bilateral infusions of the 5-HT receptor antagonist metergoline (MET) into the posterior basolateral amygdala (pBLA) elicit feeding in female rats tested at mid-light cycle...
- Effects of metergoline on symptoms in women with premenstrual dysphoric disorderCatherine A Roca
National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1277, USA
Am J Psychiatry 159:1876-81. 2002..The authors investigated the role of acute serotonergic modulation in the efficacy of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) in women with premenstrual dysphoric disorder...
- Midbrain raphe modulation of nonphotic circadian clock resetting and 5-HT release in the mammalian suprachiasmatic nucleusJ David Glass
Department of Biological Sciences, Kent State University, Kent, Ohio 44242 0001, USA
J Neurosci 23:7451-60. 2003..In the present study, targeted injections of the 5-HT1,2,7 antagonist metergoline or the selective 5-HT7 antagonist DR4004 into the DRN or MRN attenuated DRN-electrically stimulated SCN 5-HT ..
- Pharmacological characterisation of the thermogenic effect of bupropionYong Ling Liu
Department of Physiology, Basic Medical Sciences, St George s Hospital Medical School, Tooting, London, SW17 0RE, UK
Eur J Pharmacol 498:219-25. 2004..The nonselective 5-hydroxytryptamine (5-HT or serotonin) receptor antagonist, metergoline (1 mg/kg), and the alpha1-adrenoceptor antagonist, prazosin (1 mg/kg), had no effect on the VO2 response to ..
- Serotonin-induced enhancement of vasopressin and oxytocin secretion in rat neurohypophyseal tissue cultureM Galfi
Department of Biology, Faculty of Juhász Gyula Teachers Training College, University of Szeged, Szeged, Hungary
Regul Pept 127:225-31. 2005..NH hormone secretion could be partially blocked by previous administration of the 5-HT antagonist ketanserin or metergoline. WAY-100635 did not influence the increased VP secretion induced by 5-HT, but the elevated OT production was ..
- Lack of involvement of dopamine and serotonin during the orphanin FQ/Nociceptin (OFQ/N)-induced prolactin secretory responseAmy Kraska
Department of Zoology, Center for Neuroscience, Miami University, Oxford, OH 45056, USA
Life Sci 77:1465-79. 2005..in dose response studies using the selective serotonin antagonist ritansarin and the nonselective antagonist metergoline. Finally, the pharmacological specificity of the prolactin response was examined by pretreating animals with [..
- Serotonin receptor blockade increases food intake and body weight after total gastrectomy in ratsTilman T Zittel
University Hospital, Department of General and Transplantation Surgery, University of Tubingen, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
J Surg Res 106:273-81. 2002..Serotonin inhibits food intake, and postprandial serotonin release is increased after total gastrectomy. Serotonin might contribute to early satiety and loss of body weight after total gastrectomy...
- Involvement of the serotonergic system in orexin-induced behavioral alterations in ratsIchiyo Matsuzaki
Department of Environmental Health, Institute of Community Medicine, University of Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8575, Tsukuba, Japan
Regul Pept 104:119-23. 2002..Serotonin antagonists, ritanserin and metergoline, did not attenuate orexin-induced hyperlocomotion but partly inhibited orexin-induced behavioral alterations...
- Serotonin sets the day state in the neurons that control coupling between the optic lobe circadian pacemakers in the cricket Gryllus bimaculatusA S M Saifullah
Department of Physics, Biology and Informatics, Faculty of Science and Research Institute for Time Studies, Yamaguchi University, Yamaguchi 753 8512, Japan
J Exp Biol 205:1305-14. 2002..Application of metergoline, a non-selective serotonin-receptor antagonist, increased spontaneous activity and light-evoked responses ..
- Serotonin regulates rhythmic whiskingAlexis Hattox
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology and The Program in Neuroscience, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Neuron 39:343-52. 2003..These findings suggest that serotonin is both necessary and sufficient to generate rhythmic whisker movements and that serotonergic premotoneurons are part of a whisking CPG...
- Serotonergic and histaminergic mechanisms involved in intralipid drinking?Abegale W Hartfield
Laboratory of Experimental Psychology, School of Biology, University of Sussex, Brighton, BN1 9QG, UK
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 76:251-8. 2003..during 30-min sessions and were tested following pretreatment with mepyramine (H1 receptor antagonist), metergoline (5-HT(1/2) receptor antagonist), cyproheptadine (H1 and 5-HT(2A/2B/2C) and muscarinic receptor antagonist), SB ..
- Novel 5-HT2-like receptor mediates neurogenic relaxation of the guinea-pig proximal colonM R Briejer
Department of Human and Animal Physiology, Wageningen Agricultural University, Netherlands
Eur J Pharmacol 279:123-33. 1995..The first phase of the curve to 5-HT was inhibited by: metergoline (pA2 = 8.8 +/- 0.3, against 5-methoxytryptamine 9.3 +/- 0...
- 5-Hydroxytryptamine-stimulated inositol phospholipid hydrolysis in the mouse cortex has pharmacological characteristics compatible with mediation via 5-HT2 receptors but this response does not reflect altered 5-HT2 function after 5,7-dihydroxytryptamine lP P Godfrey
MRC Unit, Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford, England
J Neurochem 50:730-8. 1988..This response was inhibited by the nonselective 5-HT antagonists methysergide, metergoline, and spiperone...
- Molecular cloning of a mammalian serotonin receptor that activates adenylate cyclaseJ L Plassat
Laboratoire de Genetique Moleculaire des Eucaryotes du CNRS, U 184 de l INSERM, département de neurobiologie, Faculte de Medecine, Strasbourg, France
Mol Pharmacol 44:229-36. 1993..antagonists in inhibiting the stimulatory effect of 5-HT were methysergide, methiothepin, mesulergine, metergoline, clozapine, ergotamine, and (+)-butaclamol...
- Analysis of the 5-HT receptors mediating contractions in the rabbit isolated renal arteryS Tadipatri
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Pharmacol 104:887-94. 1991..4. The contractile effect of 5-HT was unaffected by MDL 72222 (10(-6) M) and metergoline (10(-8) and 10(-7) M), was weakly antagonized by ketanserin and phentolamine (pKB: 6.6 and 6...
- Serotonin receptor subtype mediation of the interoceptive discriminative stimuli induced by 5-methoxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamineD G Spencer
Neurobiology Department, Troponwerke, Koln, Federal Republic of Germany
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 93:158-66. 1987..carboxylate (BAY K 8644), the buspirone metabolite 1-pyrimidinyl-piperazine (1-PP), methysergide, metergoline, and metitepine...
- Interaction of tryptamine and ergoline compounds with threonine 196 in the ligand binding site of the 5-hydroxytryptamine6 receptorF G Boess
Pharma Division, Preclinical Research, F Hoffman La Roche Ltd, 4070 Basel, Switzerland
Mol Pharmacol 52:515-23. 1997..g., ergotamine, lisuride) was reduced 10-30 fold, whereas the affinity of N1-methylated ergolines (e.g., metergoline, methysergide, mesulergine) and other ligands, such as methiothepine, clozapine, ritanserin, amitriptyline, and ..
- A peripheral 5-HT1D-like receptor involved in serotonergic induced hindlimb scratching in ratsH H Berendsen
Department of CNS Pharmacology, Organon International B V, Oss, The Netherlands
Eur J Pharmacol 194:201-8. 1991..Hindlimb scratching induced by 5-MeOT was potentiated by the 5-HT receptor antagonists metergoline, methysergide, mesulergine, mianserin, ritanserin and xylamidine. Hindlimb scratching was not induced by i.c.v...
- Effects of 5-HT uptake inhibitors, agonists and antagonists on the burying of harmless objects by mice; a putative test for anxiolytic agentsK Njung'e
Pharmaceutical Sciences Institute, Aston University, Birmingham
Br J Pharmacol 104:105-12. 1991..25 mg kg-1) dose of metergoline. Burying inhibition by mCPP was not altered by any of these agents except that it was potentiated by pindolol 5 ..
- Presence of vasoconstrictor 5HT1-like receptors revealed by precontraction of rabbit isolated mesenteric arteryA Choppin
, Department of Preclinical Research, Bagneux, France
Br J Pharmacol 114:309-14. 1995..0). 4. Metergoline and rauwolscine (10(-7)-10(-6) M) antagonized the effects of 5-CT in a non-competitive fashion giving pKBapp ..
- Serotonin receptors involved in vasopressin and oxytocin secretionH Jørgensen
Department of Medical Physiology, The Panum Institute, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Neuroendocrinol 15:242-9. 2003..The 5-HT2+6+7 antagonist metergoline in combination with the 5-HT1A+2+7 antagonist methysergide inhibited the stimulatory effect of 5-CT on both ..
- Characterization of the 5-HT receptor mediating endothelium-dependent relaxation in porcine vena cavaM J Sumner
Peripheral Pharmacology Department, Glaxo Group Research, Ware, Hertfordshire
Br J Pharmacol 102:938-42. 1991..induced by 5-HT or alpha-methyl-5-HT was antagonized by methysergide, methiothepin, cyproheptadine and metergoline, but not by ketanserin, spiperone, ondansetron, verapamil, cyanopindolol, mesulergine, ICS 205-930, or ..
- Human 5-HT7 receptor-induced inactivation of forskolin-stimulated adenylate cyclase by risperidone, 9-OH-risperidone and other "inactivating antagonists"Nicole Toohey
Center for Neuropharmacology and Neuroscience, Albany Medical College, 47 New Scotland Avenue, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Mol Pharmacol 76:552-9. 2009..h5-HT(7)) receptor-inactivating properties of risperidone, 9-OH-risperidone, bromocriptine, methiothepin, metergoline, and lisuride...
- Evidence that RU 24969-induced locomotor activity in C57/B1/6 mice is specifically mediated by the 5-HT1B receptorS C Cheetham
Boots Pharmaceuticals Research Department, Nottingham
Br J Pharmacol 110:1621-9. 1993..antagonist, ondansetron (1 mg kg-1) or the non-selective 5-HT receptor antagonists methysergide (3 mg kg-1) and metergoline (3 mg kg-1). 6. Although spiroxatrine (0...
- Further evidence that 5-HT-induced relaxation of pig pulmonary artery is mediated by endothelial 5-HT(2B) receptorsE Glusa
Center for Vascular Biology and Medicine, Friedrich Schiller University Jena, Nordhäuser Strasse 78, D 99089 Erfurt, Germany
Br J Pharmacol 130:692-8. 2000..86) > pizotifen (8.47) >/= methiothepin (8.32) > LY 53857 (7.84) >/= amoxapine (7.80) >/= loxapine (7.73) >/= metergoline (7.64) >/= mianserin (7.51) >/= rauwolscine (7.39). Compounds with weak blocking potency were yohimbine (6...
- Activation of nicotinic receptors on GABAergic amacrine cells in the rabbit retina indirectly stimulates dopamine releaseM J Neal
Department of Pharmacology, King s College London, St Thomas Hospital, UK
Vis Neurosci 18:55-64. 2001..However, metergoline, a 5HT1/5HT2 receptor antagonist, and ketanserin, a 5HT2A receptor antagonist, but not the 5HT1A antagonist ..
- Discriminative stimulus properties of mCPP: evidence for a 5-HT2C receptor mode of actionJ Gommans
Department of Psychopharmacology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Universiteit Utrecht, The Netherlands
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 137:292-302. 1998..Mianserin and methysergide antagonized the mCPP stimulus, whereas ketanserin antagonized it partially. Metergoline, methiothepin and clozapine only marginally antagonized the mCPP stimulus...
- Mechanism of the thermogenic effect of Metabolite 2 (BTS 54 505), a major pharmacologically active metabolite of the novel anti-obesity drug, sibutramineY L Liu
Department of Physiology, St George s Hospital Medical School, University of London, UK
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 26:1245-53. 2002..To investigate the pharmacological mechanisms underlying the induction of thermogenesis by Metabolite 2 (M2; BTS 54 505), a major pharmacologically active metabolite of the anti-obesity drug, sibutramine...
- Cloning and characterization of the guinea pig 5-HT1F receptor subtype: a comparison of the pharmacological profile to the human species homologN Adham
Synaptic Pharmaceutical Corporation, Paramus, NJ 07652, USA
Neuropharmacology 36:569-76. 1997..with the following rank order of binding affinities: 5-HT > sumatriptan > 1-NP = DHE > alpha-methyl 5-HT > metergoline > methiothepin > 5-CT...
- Specific labelling of serotonin 5-HT(1B) receptors in rat frontal cortex with the novel, phenylpiperazine derivative, [3H]GR125,743. A pharmacological characterizationM J Millan
Psychopharmacology Department, Centre de Recherches de Croissy, Institut de Recherches Servier, 125 Chemin de Ronde, 78290 Croissy Seine, Paris, France
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 71:589-98. 2002..2), N-[3-(1,4-benzodioxan-5-yl)piperidin-4-yl]N-(indan-2yl)amine (S18127; 7.9), metergoline (7.8), (-)-pindolol (7...
- In vivo electrophysiological characterization of 5-HT receptors in the guinea pig head of caudate nucleus and orbitofrontal cortexM el Mansari
Neurobiological Psychiatry Unit, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Neuropharmacology 36:577-88. 1997..effect of DOI and mCPP was not prevented by acute intravenous administration of the 5-HT1/2 receptor antagonist metergoline (2 mg/kg) and the 5-HT2A/2C receptor antagonist ritanserin (2 mg/kg) in the two regions nor by the selective 5-..
- Role of 5-HT1B, 5-HT2A and 5-HT2C receptors in the generalization of 5-HT receptor agonists to the ethanol cue in the ratS Maurel
CNS Research, Bayer AG, Cologne, Germany
Behav Pharmacol 9:337-43. 1998..GR 127935 (10 mg/kg, i.p.), as well as the mixed 5-HT(1B/2C) receptor antagonist metergoline (1 mg/kg, i.p.), and the 5-HT2C receptor antagonist SB 206,553 (1 mg/kg, i.p...
- Characterization of putative 5-ht7 receptors mediating direct relaxation in Cynomolgus monkey isolated jugular veinE Leung
Institute of Pharmacology, Roche Bioscience, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Br J Pharmacol 117:926-30. 1996..7), mesulergine (8.1), metergoline (8.0), clozapine (7.8), mianserin (7.7), spiperone (7.3), ritanserin (7.1), methysergide (7...
- Serotonin depletion unmasks serotonergic component of [3H]dihydroalprenolol binding in rat brainC A Stockmeier
Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106
Mol Pharmacol 36:903-11. 1989..Furthermore, the addition of metergoline, a serotonin antagonist, also blocked the increase in lesioned tissues...
- Selective and nonselective serotonin antagonists block the aversive stimulus properties of MK212 and m-chlorophenylpiperazine (mCPP) in miceEllen A Walker
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Temple University School of Pharmacy, 3307 North Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
Neuropharmacology 49:1210-9. 2005..of conditioned taste aversions was blocked by nonselective serotonin antagonists cyproheptadine, bromo-LSD, metergoline, methysergide and mianserin...
- An endothelial 5-HT receptor that mediates relaxation in guinea-pig isolated jugular vein resembles the 5-HT1D subtypeP Gupta
Department of Biomedical Research, Wyeth Research UK Ltd, Maidenhead, Berkshire
Br J Pharmacol 106:703-9. 1992..1 and 8.6), metergoline (7.4 and 7.5), PAPP (8.2 and 8.2), yohimbine (7.1 and 6.8), rauwolscine (6.8 and 6...
- Study of the behavioural responses related to the potential addictive properties of MDMA in micePatricia Robledo
Laboratori de Neurofarmacologia, Facultat de Ciencies de la Salut i de la Vida, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, C Dr Aiguader 80, 08003 Barcelona, Spain
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 369:338-49. 2004..On day 6, following a single administration of MDMA mice received the following monoaminergic antagonists: metergoline (0.1 and 1 mg/kg), ritanserin (0.25 and 1 mg/kg), timolol (2 and 10 mg/kg), prazosin (0...
- Dorsal raphe nuclear stimulation of SCN serotonin release and circadian phase-resettingJ D Glass
Department of Biological Sciences, Kent State University, Kent, OH, USA
Brain Res 859:224-32. 2000..Notably, DRN- but not MRN-stimulated 5-HT release was blocked by the 5-HT(1,2,7) antagonist, metergoline, suggesting that the DRN signals to the SCN indirectly via the activation of a 5-HT-responsive multisynaptic ..
- In vivo Schild regression analyses using nonselective 5-HT2C receptor antagonists in a rat operant behavioral assayEllen A Walker
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Temple University School of Pharmacy, 3307 North Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 193:187-97. 2007....
- Tissue distribution, metabolism and effects of bufotenine administered to ratsR W Fuller
Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly Corporate Center, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
Neuropharmacology 34:799-804. 1995..Bufotenine injection increased serum corticosterone concentration, an effect not blocked by metergoline at a dose that blocked a similar increase elicited by quipazine...
- Serotonergic facilitation of acetylcholine release in vivo from rat dorsal hippocampus via serotonin 5-HT3 receptorsS Consolo
Laboratory of Cholinergic Neuropharmacology, Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Milan, Italy
J Neurochem 62:2254-61. 1994..5 mg/kg i.p.) and DAU 6215 (60 micrograms/kg i.p.), but not by the mixed 5-HT1 and 5-HT2 receptor antagonist metergoline (2 mg/kg s.c.)...
- Serotonergic-postsynaptic receptors modulate gripping-induced immobility episodes in male taiep ratsJose R Eguibar
Instituto de Fisiologia, Benemerita Universidad Autonoma de Puebla, Mexico
Synapse 63:737-44. 2009..Although the serotonin antagonists, ketanserine and metergoline, produced a biphasic effect, first a decrease followed by an increase with higher doses, similar effects were ..
- On the intrinsic regulation of neuropeptide Y release in the mammalian suprachiasmatic nucleus circadian clockJ David Glass
Department of Biological Sciences, Kent State University, Kent, OH 44242 0001, USA
Eur J Neurosci 31:1117-26. 2010..Conversely, similar application of the serotonin antagonist, metergoline, abolished wheel-running-induced SCN NPY release...
- The human 5-HT7 serotonin receptor splice variants: constitutive activity and inverse agonist effectsKurt A Krobert
MSD Cardiovascular Research Center, University of Oslo, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, Blindern, N 0316 Oslo, Norway
Br J Pharmacol 135:1563-71. 2002..with antagonist potencies (pK(b)) determined by antagonism of 5-HT-stimulated AC activity (methiothepin >metergoline> mesulergine > or = clozapine > or = spiperone > or = ritanserin > methysergide > ketanserin). 5...
- Possible involvement of endogenous 5-HT in aggravation of cerulein-induced acute pancreatitis in miceKentaro Hamada
UMN Pharma, Inc, Department of Pharmacology, 1 15 8 Jinnan, Shibuya ku Tokyo 150 0041, Japan
J Pharmacol Sci 105:240-50. 2007..Although the non-selective 5-HT2A/2B/2C antagonists (metergoline, ritanserin, and methysergide) dose-dependently attenuated the hyperenzymemia, they were relatively less potent ..
- Involvement of 5-HT receptor subtypes in the discriminative stimulus properties of mescalineJ B Appel
Department of Psychology, University of South Carolina, Columbia 29208
Eur J Pharmacol 159:41-6. 1989..ketanserin, LY-53857, pirenperone) were followed by saline-lever responding; less selective central 5-HT (metergoline), and DA (SCH-23390, haloperidol) antagonists, did not block the mescaline cue...
- Serotonin, norepinephrine and dopamine involvement in the antidepressant action of hypericum perforatumG Calapai
Institute of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, University of Messina, Torre Biologica Policlinico Universitario, Italy
Pharmacopsychiatry 34:45-9. 2001..we evaluated the effects of Ph-50 alone or in association with sulpiride (a dopamine receptor antagonist), metergoline (a serotonin receptor antagonist) and 6-hydroxydopamine (6-OH-DA, destroying norepinephrine-containing neurons) ..
- Dopamine agonists, anti-progestins, anti-androgens, long-term-release GnRH agonists and anti-estrogens in canine reproduction: a reviewC Gobello
Small Animal Clinic, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, National University of La Plata, Argentina
Theriogenology 66:1560-7. 2006..Dopamine agonists such as cabergoline, bromocriptine or metergoline are ergoderivative alkaloids that exert an anti-prolactinergic effect via stimulation of D2 pituitary receptors ..
- A neurochemical study of a new mutant mouse presenting myoclonus-like involuntary movement: a possible model of spontaneous serotonergic hyperactivityM Ikeda
Division of Mental Disorder Research, National Institute of Neuroscience, Tokyo, Japan
Brain Res 495:337-48. 1989..b>Metergoline (5-HT1 and 5-HT2 antagonist) suppressed the locomotor activity, making it difficult to determine if it ..
- Pharmacological study of TA-0910, a new thyrotropin-releasing hormone (TRH) analog (II): Involvement of the DA system in the locomotor stimulating action of TA-0910M Yamamura
Department of Pharmacology, Tanabe Seiyaku Co, Ltd, Osaka, Japan
Jpn J Pharmacol 55:57-68. 1991..slightly inhibited by phenoxybenzamine, prazosin, clonidine, or naloxone; not affected by propranolol, metergoline, or a low dose of scopolamine; and was enhanced by a high dose of scopolamine...
- The role of the central serotonergic system in pilocarpine-induced seizures: receptor mechanismsW Janusz
Department of Pharmacology, Medical School, Lublin, Poland
Neurosci Res 7:144-53. 1989..the agonists 1-(3-chlorophenyl)piperazine (mCPP) and 5-methoxytryptamine (5-MT) and the antagonists spiperone, metergoline, methysergide, cyproheptadine and metoclopramide, did not influence pilocarpine-induced seizures...
- The effect of intraventricular administration of the 5-HT3 receptor agonist 2-methylserotonin on the release of dopamine in the nucleus accumbens: an in vivo chronocoulometric studyL H Jiang
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, State University of New York, Stony Brook 11794 8790
Brain Res 513:156-60. 1990..was blocked by the selective 5-HT3 antagonist BRL-43694 (granisetron), but not by the 5-HT1/5-HT2 antagonist metergoline. The i.c.v...
- Pharmacological activity of hyperforin acetate in ratsP Zanoli
Dipartimento di Scienze Farmaceutiche, Via Campi 183, I 41100 Modena, Italy
Behav Pharmacol 13:645-51. 2002..The effect was inhibited by the pretreatment of rats with metergoline, a serotoninergic antagonist, but not with CGS-8216, a benzodiazepine receptor antagonist...
- Nitric oxide is involved in 5-HT-induced relaxations of the guinea-pig colon ascendens in vitroM R Briejer
Department of Human and Animal Physiology, Agricultural University of Wageningen, The Netherlands
Br J Pharmacol 107:756-61. 1992..The relaxations were inhibited by metergoline (10 nM) and methiothepine (100 nM) and abolished by tetrodotoxin (TTX, 320 nM). Guanethidine (3...
- Serotonin and its requirement for maintenance of contractility in muscle fibres isolated from Schistosoma mansoniT A Day
Department of Zoology, Michigan State University, East Lansing 48814
Parasitology 108:425-32. 1994..The order of potency for antagonists (10 microM) was: methiothepin > metergoline > Ly-278,584 = ketanserin...
- Discriminative stimulus characteristics of BMY 14802 in the pigeonS A Vanecek
Department of Pharmacology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 284:1-9. 1998..I-5-HTP; 5-HT1A/1B agonist RU24969; 5-HT1B/1C agonist m-CPP; 5-HT1C/2 agonist quipazine; 5-HT1C/2 antagonists, metergoline and the atypical antipsychotic clozapine; and 5-HT3 antagonist ondansetron...
- Sumatriptan (GR43175) inhibits cyclic-AMP accumulation in dog isolated saphenous veinM J Sumner
Pharmacology Division, Glaxo Group Research Ltd, Ware, Hertfordshire
Br J Pharmacol 99:219-20. 1990..The response to sumatriptan (1 microM) was antagonised by methiothepin (1 microM), but not by metergoline (0.1 microM), spiperone (1 microM) or ondansetron (GR38032, 1 microM)...
- Lamotrigine has an anxiolytic-like profile in the rat conditioned emotional response test of anxiety: a potential role for sodium channels?N R Mirza
Department of Neuropharmacology, Vernalis PLC, Oakdene Court, 613 Reading Road, Winnersh, Wokingham RG41 5UA, UK
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 180:159-68. 2005..Many anticonvulsants are used in disorders other than epilepsy. For example, lamotrigine is reported to be effective in post-traumatic stress disorder and mania...
- Physiology of the canine anoestrus and methods for manipulation of its lengthJ de Gier
Department of Clinical Sciences of Companion Animals, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Utrecht, Yalelaan, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reprod Domest Anim 43:157-64. 2008..b>Metergoline, a drug which in a low dosage lowers the plasma prolactin concentration via a serotonin-antagonistic pathway, ..
- Further investigations of the serotonergic properties of the ibogaine-induced discriminative stimulusS Helsley
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, State University of New York at Buffalo, USA
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 23:317-26. 1999..6%) and mCPP (76.4%). This substitution was completely antagonized by metergoline, an agent with 5-HT2C antagonist properties. However, metergoline was ineffective against ibogaine itself...
- A single amino acid difference accounts for the pharmacological distinctions between the rat and human 5-hydroxytryptamine1B receptorsE M Parker
Department of Biophysics, Bristol Myers Squibb Company, Wallingford, Connecticut 06492
J Neurochem 60:380-3. 1993..affinity for sumatriptan, N,N-dipropyl-5-carboxamidotryptamine, 5-methoxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine, methysergide, metergoline, and rauwolscine...
- Inhibition of delayed rectifier K+ channels by dexfenfluramine (Redux)S Hu
Research Department, Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp, Summit, New Jersey, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 287:480-6. 1998..was not prevented by either the 5-HT synthesis inhibitor p-chlorophenylalanine or 5-HT receptor antagonist metergoline. d-FF was also tested in cardiac ventricular myocytes that are reportedly abundant in DRK channels and was ..
- Cloning of a novel human serotonin receptor (5-HT7) positively linked to adenylate cyclaseJ A Bard
Synaptic Pharmaceutical Corporation, Paramus, New Jersey 07652
J Biol Chem 268:23422-6. 1993..for serotonergic ligands to displace specific [3H]5-HT binding was: 5-carboxamido-tryptamine > methiothepin > metergoline > 5-HT > 8-hydroxy-2-(di-n-propylamino)tetralin > sumatriptan > ketanserin > zacopride...
- Correlation between 5-HT7 receptor affinity and protection against sound-induced seizures in DBA/2J miceA Bourson
Pharma Division, Preclinical Research, F Hoffmann La Roche, Basel, Switzerland
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 356:820-6. 1997..unlikely that interactions between the 5-ht5 receptor will protect DBA/2J mice from audiogenic seizures since metergoline and mesulergine which are both active in this in vivo model have no affinity for the 5-ht5 receptor...
- Molecular cloning of a human serotonin receptor (S12) with a pharmacological profile resembling that of the 5-HT1D subtypeF O Levy
Department of Cell Biology and Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030
J Biol Chem 267:7553-62. 1992..full agonist (37 nM), 5-carboxamidotryptamine, full agonist (10 nM), sumatriptan, full agonist (50 nM), metergoline, partial agonist (10 nM), methysergide, partial agonist (40 nM), yohimbine, partial agonist (150 nM), metitepin,..
- Muramyl dipeptide (MDP) and 5-HT receptors. Neuroimmunomodulatory effects of MDP are probably not mediated through 5-HT4 or 5-HT1A receptorsJan Sevcik
Institute of Pharmacology, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Prague
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 24:43-53. 2002..the height of twitches and this effect was significantly attenuated in the presence of 5-HT antagonist metergoline (1 microM). The effect of 8-OH-DPAT remained unchanged in the presence of MDP (5, 50 or 500 nM). MDP (10 nM-3...
- gp49B1 suppresses stem cell factor-induced mast cell activation-secretion and attendant inflammation in vivoAnna M Feldweg
Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA
Eur J Immunol 33:2262-8. 2003....
- Abortifacient and endocrine effects of metergoline in beagle bitches during the second half of gestationJohan O Nöthling
Department of Production Animal Studies, Faculty of Veterinary Science, University of Pretoria, Private Bag X04, Onderstepoort 0110, Republic of South Africa
Theriogenology 59:1929-40. 2003The purpose of this study was to investigate the abortifacient effects of high doses of metergoline when administered to pregnant beagle bitches during the second half of gestation and to define the endocrine effects of this treatment as ..
- Anxiolytic effects of a semipurified constituent of guaraná seeds on rats in the elevated T-maze testCamila Marroni Roncon
Department of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, State University of Maringa, Maringa, PR, Brazil
Planta Med 77:236-41. 2011..and dopaminergic neurotransmission involvement in the action of PEA during the ETM test, ineffective doses of metergoline (MET; 5-HT (2A/2C) antagonist receptor) or sulpiride (SUL; dopaminergic receptor antagonist) were acutely ..
- Tryptamine impairs the acquisition of a one-way active avoidance taskP J Fletcher
Neuropsychiatric Research Unit, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 32:317-21. 1989..it was not induced by systemically administered 5-HT, was reversed by the 5-HT antagonists methysergide and metergoline, but was not affected by depletion of brain 5-HT, with PCPA, or by the dopamine antagonist haloperidol...
- Effects of serotonin antagonists on m-chlorophenylpiperazine-mediated responses in normal subjectsR S Kahn
Department of Psychiatry, Montefiore Medical Center Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY
Psychiatry Res 33:189-98. 1990..o.) and metergoline (4 mg p.o.), could block the hormonal and behavioral effects of MCPP (0.5 mg/kg p.o...
- Potential vascular alpha1-adrenoceptor blocking properties of an array of 5-HT receptor ligands in the ratDavid Centurión
Departamento de Farmacobiologia, Cinvestav Coapa, Czda de los Tenorios 235, Col Granjas Coapa, 14330 Mexico D F, Mexico
Eur J Pharmacol 535:234-42. 2006..These ligands included: methiothepin, methysergide and metergoline (5-HT(1)/5-HT2); WAY-100635, buspirone, ipsapirone and 8-hydroxy-2-(di-n-propylamino)tetralin (8-OH-DPAT) (5-HT(..
- The role of tail skin temperature in the facilitation of the tail-flick reflex after spinal transection or interference with descending serotonergic neurotransmissionP K Eide
Department of Physiology, University of Bergen, Norway
Acta Physiol Scand 135:427-33. 1989..injection of the serotonin (5-HT) neurotoxin 5,6-dihydroxytryptamine (5,6-DHT) or the 5-HT receptor antagonist metergoline. Transection of the spinal cord reduced tail-flick latency (the time needed to evoke the tail-flick reflex by ..
- 5-HT1B receptors modulate the feeding inhibitory effects of enterostatinLing Lin
Pennington Biomedical Research Center, 6400 Perkins Road, Baton Rouge, LA 70808, USA
Brain Res 1062:26-31. 2005..Rats were implanted with cannulas into the amygdala and the ipsilateral PVN. The 5-HT receptor antagonists metergoline (non-specific receptor subtypes 1 and 2), or ritanserin (selective 2C), or GR55562 (selective l B) was injected ..
- Marked increases in plasma catecholamine concentrations precede hypotension and bradycardia caused by 8-hydroxy-2-(di-n-propylamino) tetralin (8-OH-DPAT) in conscious ratsG Bagdy
Section on Clinical Neuropharmacology, National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, MD 20892
J Pharm Pharmacol 41:270-2. 1989..Neither metergoline pretreatment (0.5 mg kg-1 i.v...
- Behavioral effects of (+-) 3,4-methylenedioxyamphetamine (MDA) and (+-) 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA) in the pigeon: interactions with noradrenergic and serotonergic systemsM A Nader
Behavioral Pharmacology Laboratory, Department of Psychiatry, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, MD 20814 4799
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 98:183-8. 1989..MDA was at least 1 log unit more potent than the other two compounds. Metergoline (0.1-1...
- Metergoline, naloxone, and sodium valproate did not modify arginine vasopressin response to insulin-induced hypoglycemia in manP Chiodera
Cattedra di Endocrinologia e Patologia Costituzionale, Universita di Parma, Italy
J Endocrinol Invest 11:365-9. 1988..For this purpose, the effect of the serotonergic antagonist metergoline (10 mg/day for 4 days po), the GABA-ergic agonist sodium valproate (600 mg in three divided doses po) and the ..
- Effects of serotonin receptor antagonists and agonists on the tail-flick response in mice involve altered tail-skin temperatureP K Eide
Department of Physiology, University of Bergen, Norway
Neuropharmacology 27:889-93. 1988..and tail-skin temperature were measured in mice after administration of serotonin (5-HT) receptor antagonists (metergoline and metitepin) and agonists [5-methoxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine (5-MeODMT) and 8-hydroxy-2-(di-n-propylamino)..
- Examination of the effects of some 5-HT2 receptor antagonists on central sympathetic outflow and blood pressure in anaesthetised catsA G Ramage
Academic Department of Pharmacology, Royal Free Hospital Medical School, Hampstead, London, United Kingdom
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 338:601-7. 1988..curves were constructed for the 5-HT2 antagonists cinanserin, ritanserin, cyproheptadine, methiothepin, metergoline and ICI 169,369. These antagonists showed differing effects on the above parameters...
- The serotonin agonist, M-chlorophenylpiperazine, markedly increases levels of plasma catecholamines in the conscious ratG Bagdy
Laboratory of Clinical Science, National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
Neuropharmacology 27:975-80. 1988..The serotonin antagonist, metergoline (0...
- Serotonin antagonist-induced lowering of prolactin secretion does not affect the pattern of pulsatile secretion of follicle-stimulating hormone and luteinizing hormone in the bitchN J Beijerink
Department of Clinical Sciences of Companion Animals, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Utrecht University, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reproduction 128:181-8. 2004..release of FSH and LH, eight anoestrous beagle bitches were treated with a low dose of the serotonin antagonist metergoline (0.1 mg per kg body weight, twice daily) starting 100 days after ovulation...
- Anxiolytic-like effect of group III mGlu receptor antagonist is serotonin-dependentK Stachowicz
Institute of Pharmacology, Polish Academy of Sciences, Smetna 12, 31 343 Krakow, Poland
Neuropharmacology 52:306-12. 2007..anxiolytic-like effect of CPPG, but that effect was abolished by the non-selective antagonist of 5-HT receptors metergoline and the antagonist of 5-HT2A/C receptors ritanserin (both given intraperitoneally at doses of 2 and 0...
- Involvement of serotonergic mechanisms in the disruption of ovine duodenal migrating myoelectric complex cycles by duodenal acidificationE C Crichlow
Department of Veterinary Physiological Sciences, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada
Digestion 42:44-50. 1989..When the animals were pretreated with the 5-hydrotryptamine (5-HT) antagonists, ritanserin (0.2 mg/kg) and metergoline (0...
- Evidence that d-fenfluramine anorexia is mediated by 5-HT1 receptorsJ C Neill
School of Psychology, University of Birmingham, UK
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 97:213-8. 1989..d-Fenfluramine's effect was attenuated by the mixed 5-HT1/5-HT2 receptor antagonists, methiothepin and metergoline; by the 5-HT2 receptor antagonist ritanserin; and by (+/-)cyanopindolol, a mixed 5-HT1A/5-HT1B receptor ..
- Uterine motility in patients with bicornuate uterusG C Oliva
Department of Obstetric and Gynecology, Policlinico A Gemelli Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Rome, Italy
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 37:7-12. 1992..A similar contractile response was observed in the uteri with two anatomically symmetric horns, whereas a dissimilar response was typical of the uteri with marked anatomic differences between the two horns...
- Tonic serotonergic control of ingestive behaviours in the pigeon (Columba livia): the role of the arcopalliumLuciane Coutinho Azevedo Campanella
Department of Physiological Sciences, CCB, EEL CTC, Federal University of Santa Catarina, 88040 900 Florianopolis SC, Brazil
Behav Brain Res 205:396-405. 2009..feeding and drinking behaviours of free-feeding and free-drinking pigeons, in response to local injections of metergoline (MET, 5-HT(1/2) receptor antagonist; 7 and 20 nmol), GR46611 (GR, 5-HT(1B/1D) agonist; 2 and 6 nmol) or vehicle,..
- Antidepressant-like effects of glucagon-like peptide-2 in mice occur via monoamine pathwaysTakashi Iwai
Laboratory of Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tokyo University of Science, 2641 Yamazaki, Noda, Chiba 278 8510, Japan
Behav Brain Res 204:235-40. 2009..These effects were inhibited by pretreatment with metergoline (an antagonist of non-specific 5-HT receptors), parachlorophenylalanine (an inhibitor of 5-HT synthase), NAN-..
- Role of spinal serotonin1 receptor subtypes in thermally and mechanically elicited nociceptive reflexesA Z Murphy
Department of Physiology, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, OH 45267 0559
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 108:123-30. 1992..abstract truncated at 250 words)..
- Partial reversal of fluoxetine anorexia by the 5-HT antagonist metergolineM D Lee
Laboratory of Experimental Psychology, University of Sussex, Brighton, UK
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 107:359-64. 1992..in rats eating either a solid or a liquid meal was partially antagonised by 1 mg/kg of the 5HT1/5HT2 antagonist metergoline but not by 1 mg/kg of the 5HT2 antagonist ketanserin...
- cis-Urocanic acid stimulates primary human keratinocytes independently of serotonin or platelet-activating factor receptorsKazuyo Kaneko
King s College London, St John s Institute of Dermatology, King s College London School of Medicine, London, UK
J Invest Dermatol 129:2567-73. 2009..Thus, cis-UCA stimulates mediator production by a pathway that is independent of these receptors in human keratinocytes, and these cells may not be the major target for cis-UCA-induced immune suppression...
- Pharmacological analysis of the novel, rapid, and potent inactivation of the human 5-Hydroxytryptamine7 receptor by risperidone, 9-OH-Risperidone, and other inactivating antagonistsJessica A Knight
Center for Neuropharmacology and Neuroscience, Albany Medical College, 47 New Scotland Avenue, Albany, NY 12208
Mol Pharmacol 75:374-80. 2009..Three new drugs were found to fully inactivate the h5-HT(7) receptor: lisuride, bromocryptine, and metergoline. As inactivators, these drugs displayed potencies of 1, 80, and 321 nM, respectively...
- ENVIRONMENTAL AND PHARMACOLOGICAL CONTROL OF DRUG ABUSEMarilyn Carroll; Fiscal Year: 1990..For comparison, a serotonin antagonist, metergoline, will be administered, and neuropeptide Y, a drug that induces feeding, will also be tested...
- Behavioral Pharmacology of Serotonin Inverse AgoinstsEllen Walker; Fiscal Year: 2006..Taken together, these experiments will provide a novel pharmacological and/or behavioral profile for 5-HT2C inverse agonists and neutral antagonists while testing hypotheses generated from in vitro data. ..
- Society for the Stimulus Properties of Drugs SatelliteEllen Walker; Fiscal Year: 2005..The SSPD Satellite to the EBPS 2005 Conference promises to coordinate, exchange, and disseminate information to further our understanding of drug abuse. ..
- Effects of chemotherapeutic agents on learning and memory in miceEllen Walker; Fiscal Year: 2009..If certain drugs/combinations produce more adverse effects than others do, clinicians can make informed choices about their patients' therapy and improve the quality of life for cancer survivors and their families. ..
- A Rapid Immunoassay for Detection of Yersinia PathogensJohn Glass; Fiscal Year: 2002..Furthermore, this prototype assay will be reduced to a production model, validated for regulatory approval, and finalized for manufacture through a joint venture partner. ..
- Effects of chemotherapeutic agents on learning and memory in miceELLEN ANN WALKER; Fiscal Year: 2010..If certain drugs/combinations produce more adverse effects than others do, clinicians can make informed choices about their patients'therapy and improve the quality of life for cancer survivors and their families. ..
- Novel modulation of serotonin receptorsMilt Teitler; Fiscal Year: 2007..Dysfunctions of these modulating mechanisms may underly the psychopathology of various mental diseases. These studies may lead to the development of novel therapeutics for brain dysfunctions, including schizophrenia and depression. ..
- Ethanol Effects on the Mammalian Circadian ClockREBECCA A contact PROSSER; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Novel modulation of serotonin receptorsMilt Teitler; Fiscal Year: 2010..Dysfunctions of these modulating mechanisms may underly the psychopathology of various mental diseases. These studies may lead to the development of novel therapeutics for brain dysfunctions, including schizophrenia and depression. ..
- Ethanol Effects in the Mammalian Circadian ClockRebecca Prosser; Fiscal Year: 2007..Future Directions: The results of these studies will provide the basis of a more extensive investigation into the effects of acute and chronic ethanol, and ethanol withdrawal, on the mammalian circadian clock. ..
- Novel modulation of serotonin receptorsMilt Teitler; Fiscal Year: 2009..Dysfunctions of these modulating mechanisms may underly the psychopathology of various mental diseases. These studies may lead to the development of novel therapeutics for brain dysfunctions, including schizophrenia and depression. ..
- Human 5HT 1E Serotonin Receptor Drug Development (RMI)Milt Teitler; Fiscal Year: 2005..Selective agonists and antagonists for the 5HT1E receptor should, at the least, provide information on the function of this highly expressed receptor, and may lead to novel therapeutics for brain dysfunction. ..
- CONSTITUTIVELY ACTIVE SEROTONIIN RECEPTORSMilt Teitler; Fiscal Year: 1999....
- Molecular Biology of 5HT2A receptor expressing synapsesMilt Teitler; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- CONSTITUTIVELY ACTIVE SEROTONIN RECEPTORSMilt Teitler; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Design of Class-specific HDAC Imaging Probes for Positron Emission TomographyJacob M Hooker; Fiscal Year: 2010..These tools will be use to accelerate epigenetic research and will ultimately be translated to human PET imaging and clinicians for diagnosing disease and monitoring treatment. ..
- NEUROLOGIC REGULATION OF THE SCN CIRCADIAN CLOCKJohn Glass; Fiscal Year: 2007..The ultimate goal of this work is to aid in the development of strategies for manipulating circadian clock mechanisms to treat these debilitating conditions. ..