Genomes and Genes
Summary: A slowly hydrolyzed muscarinic agonist with no nicotinic effects. Pilocarpine is used as a miotic and in the treatment of glaucoma.
Publications238 found, 100 shown here
- Innate and adaptive immunity during epileptogenesis and spontaneous seizures: evidence from experimental models and human temporal lobe epilepsyTeresa Ravizza
Department of Neuroscience, Laboratory of Experimental Neurology, Mario Negri Institute for Pharmacological Research, Milano, Italy
Neurobiol Dis 29:142-60. 2008..These data show that specific inflammatory pathways are chronically activated during epileptogenesis and they persist in chronic epileptic tissue, suggesting they may contribute to the etiopathogenesis of TLE...
- The role of muscarinic acetylcholine receptor-mediated activation of extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1/2 in pilocarpine-induced seizuresJennifer L Berkeley
Department of Neurology, Center for Neurodegenerative Disease, Emory University, Whitehead Biomedical Research Building, 615 Michael Street, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Neurochem 82:192-201. 2002b>Pilocarpine-induced seizures are mediated by the M(1) subtype of muscarinic acetylcholine receptor (mAChR), but little is known about the signaling mechanisms linking the receptor to seizures...
- Strain differences affect the induction of status epilepticus and seizure-induced morphological changesB Xu
Department of Psychology, McMaster University, 1280 Main Street West, Hamilton, ON, Canada L8S 4K1
Eur J Neurosci 20:403-18. 2004..We conclude that genetic factors clearly affect seizure development and related morphological changes in both standard laboratory strains and the selectively bred seizure-prone and seizure-resistant strains...
- Elevated plasma corticosterone level and depressive behavior in experimental temporal lobe epilepsyAndrey M Mazarati
Department of Pediatrics, Neurology Division, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, Box 951752, 22 474 MDCC, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1752, USA
Neurobiol Dis 34:457-61. 2009..We suggest that the observed hyperactivity of the HPA axis may underlie co-morbidity between epilepsy and depression...
- Effect of changing from concomitant timolol pilocarpine to bimatoprost monotherapy on ocular blood flow and IOP in primary chronic angle closure glaucomaHarish C Agarwal
Dr Rajendra Prasad Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
J Ocul Pharmacol Ther 19:105-12. 2003..pressure (IOP) in eyes of primary chronic angle closure glaucoma patients already on concomitant timolol and pilocarpine. Thirty two patients of bilateral primary chronic angle closure glaucoma (PCACG) on topical timolol 0...
- The effects of alpha-tocopherol on hippocampal oxidative stress prior to in pilocarpine-induced seizuresA R Tome
State University of Ceara, Campus do Itaperi, Fortaleza, Ceara, Brazil
Neurochem Res 35:580-7. 2010..It has been suggested that pilocarpine-induced seizures is mediated by an increase in oxidative stress...
- Temporal patterns of the cerebral inflammatory response in the rat lithium-pilocarpine model of temporal lobe epilepsyBrigitte Voutsinos-Porche
INSERM U405, Faculty of Medicine, Strasbourg, France
Neurobiol Dis 17:385-402. 2004..NF-kappaB), and Cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) expression together with neurodegeneration in the rat lithium-pilocarpine model...
- Cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitor, celecoxib, inhibits the altered hippocampal neurogenesis with attenuation of spontaneous recurrent seizures following pilocarpine-induced status epilepticusKeun-Hwa Jung
Neural Stem Cell Laboratory in Clinical Research Institute, Stem Cell Research Center, Department of Neurology, Seoul National University Hospital, Program in Neuroscience, Neuroscience Research Institute of SNUMRC, Seoul, South Korea
Neurobiol Dis 23:237-46. 2006..Celecoxib attenuated the likelihood of developing spontaneous recurrent seizures after pilocarpine-induced prolonged seizure...
- Loss of interneurons innervating pyramidal cell dendrites and axon initial segments in the CA1 region of the hippocampus following pilocarpine-induced seizuresCeline Dinocourt
INMED, INSERM U29, Parc Scientifique de Luminy, B.P. 13 13273 Marseille, France
J Comp Neurol 459:407-25. 2003In the pilocarpine model of chronic limbic seizures, vulnerability of GABAergic interneurons to excitotoxic damage has been reported in the hippocampal CA1 region...
- Molecular and functional changes in voltage-dependent Na(+) channels following pilocarpine-induced status epilepticus in rat dentate granule cellsR K Ellerkmann
Department of Epileptology, University of Bonn Medical Center, Sigmund-Freud Strasse 25, 53105 Bonn, Germany
Neuroscience 119:323-33. 2003..In the present study, we examined whether an episode of S.E. induced by pilocarpine in vivo alters functional properties and expression of voltage-gated Na(+) channels in dentate granule cells (..
- Signaling pathways involved in pilocarpine-induced mucin secretion in rat submandibular glandsLucila Busch
Pharmacology Unit, School of Dentistry, University of Buenos Aires, Marcelo T de Alvear 2142 C1122AAH, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Life Sci 80:842-51. 2007We have studied the signaling pathways involved in pilocarpine-induced mucin release in rat submandibular slices. Pilocarpine produced a significant increment of PGE2 levels and a positive (r=0.8870) and significant (p=0...
- Volumetric magnetic resonance imaging of functionally relevant structural alterations in chronic epilepsy after pilocarpine-induced status epilepticus in ratsHeiko G Niessen
Department of Neurology II, Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg, Leipziger Strasse 44, 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Epilepsia 46:1021-6. 2005After pilocarpine-induced epilepsy in rats, volumetric magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) reveals significant morphologic changes in functionally relevant structures of the brain...
- Lovastatin reduces neuronal cell death in hippocampal CA1 subfield after pilocarpine-induced status epilepticus: preliminary resultsPauline Rangel
, , Universidade de Mogi das Cruzes, Mogi das Cruzes, SP, Brazil
Arq Neuropsiquiatr 63:972-6. 2005OBJECTIVE: To further characterize the capacity of lovastatin to prevent hippocampal neuronal loss after pilocarpine-induced status epilepticus (SE) METHOD: Adult male Wistar rats were divided into four groups: (A) control rats, received ..
- Network hyperexcitability within the deep layers of the pilocarpine-treated rat entorhinal cortexPhilip de Guzman
Montreal Neurological Institute and Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery, McGill University, Montreal, QC H3A 2B4, Canada
J Physiol 586:1867-83. 2008..50 +/- 0.62 s) in the entorhinal cortex (EC) of brain slices obtained from pilocarpine-treated rats but not in those from age-matched, nonepileptic control (NEC) animals...
- Facilitation of granule cell epileptiform activity by mossy fiber-released zinc in the pilocarpine model of temporal lobe epilepsyOlga Timofeeva
Department of Pharmacology and Cancer Biology, Box 3813, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Brain Res 1078:227-34. 2006..Hippocampal slices from rats that had experienced pilocarpine-induced status epilepticus and developed a recurrent mossy fiber pathway were used to investigate this ..
- Effects of fluoxetine and venlafaxine and pilocarpine on rat parotid glandsSilvana da Silva
Department of Stomatology, School of Dentistry, Pontifical Catholic University of Parana, Curitiba Parana, Brazil
Med Chem 5:483-90. 2009..volume (CV), of rat parotid salivary glands and salivary flow rate (SFR), as well as the secretagogue action of pilocarpine on this flow...
- Effect of interictal spikes on single-cell firing patterns in the hippocampusJun li Zhou
Neuroscience Center at Dartmouth, Section of Neurology, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, New Hampshire, USA
Epilepsia 48:720-31. 2007..The purpose of this study was to determine the effect of IS on single-cell firing patterns in freely moving rats with a prior history of seizures...
- Amelioration of water maze performance deficits by topiramate applied during pilocarpine-induced status epilepticus is negatively dose-dependentChristian Frisch
Department of Epileptology, University of Bonn Medical Center, Sigmund Freud Strasse 25, 53105 Bonn, Germany
Epilepsy Res 73:173-80. 2007..TPM) dose-dependently protects hippocampal CA1 and CA3 neurons during initial status epilepticus in the rat pilocarpine model of temporal lobe epilepsy by inhibition of mitochondrial transition pore opening...
- Preferential neuron loss in the rat piriform cortex following pilocarpine-induced status epilepticusShaoyun Chen
Department of Anatomy, Toho University School of Medicine, Omori nishi 5 21 16, Ota ku, Tokyo 143 8540, Japan
Epilepsy Res 74:1-18. 2007..We used stereological methods to examine the specificity and extent of neuron loss in the PC of pilocarpine-treated rats...
- Glutamate receptor 1-immunopositive neurons in the gliotic CA1 area of the mouse hippocampus after pilocarpine-induced status epilepticusFeng Ru Tang
Epilepsy Research Laboratory, National Neuroscience Institute, 11 Jalan Tan Tock Seng, Singapore 308433
Eur J Neurosci 21:2361-74. 2005..neurons was demonstrated in the hilus of the dentate gyrus in mice killed on days 1, 7 and 60 after pilocarpine-induced status epilepticus (PISE)...
- Behavioral, biochemical and histological studies in a model of pilocarpine-induced spontaneous recurrent seizuresJanusz Szyndler
Department of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology, Medical University, , 00-927 Warsaw, Poland
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 81:15-23. 2005Although the presence of profound cognitive disturbances in lithium-pilocarpine-induced spontaneous recurrent seizures (SRS) has been well documented, much less is known about changes in emotional behavior, in this model of temporal lobe ..
- Status epilepticus in immature rats leads to behavioural and cognitive impairment and epileptogenesisHana Kubova
Institute of Physiology, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Vídeòská 1083, Prague 4, CZ 142 20, Czech Republic
Eur J Neurosci 19:3255-65. 2004..The present study examined whether SE induced by LiCl-pilocarpine in normal immature brain (at the age of 12 or 25 days; P12 or P25) causes cognitive decline and epileptogenesis,..
- Laserinterferometric assessment of pilocarpine-induced movement of an accommodating intraocular lens: a randomized trialOliver Findl
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Vienna, Austria
Ophthalmology 111:1515-21. 2004To measure the axial movement of an accommodating intraocular lens (IOL) induced by ciliary muscle contraction after application of pilocarpine.
- Different effects of neuroprotectants FK-506 and cyclosporin A on susceptibility to pilocarpine-induced seizures in rats with brain injured at different developmental stagesZuzanna Setkowicz
Department of Neuroanatomy, Institute of Zoology, Jagiellonian University, 6 Ingardena St, , Poland
Epilepsy Res 61:63-72. 2004..On postnatal day 60, all the animals received single i.p. pilocarpine injections to evoke epileptic seizures...
- Physical training reverts hippocampal electrophysiological changes in rats submitted to the pilocarpine model of epilepsyRicardo Mario Arida
Laboratorio de Neurologia Experimental, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo Escola Paulista de Medicina UNIFESP EPM, Rua Botucatu 862, Vila Clementino, CEP 04023 900 Sao Paulo, Brazil
Physiol Behav 83:165-71. 2004..exercise on "in vitro" hippocampal electrophysiological parameters observed in rats submitted to the pilocarpine model of epilepsy...
- Long-term changes in susceptibility to pilocarpine-induced status epilepticus following neocortical injuries in the rat at different developmental stagesZuzanna Setkowicz
Department of Neuroanatomy, Institute of Zoology, Jagiellonian University, Ingardena 6, , Poland
Epilepsy Res 53:216-24. 2003..On postnatal day 60, all the animals and naÃ¯ve controls received single intraperitoneally pilocarpine injections to evoke status epilepticus...
- In vivo 1H magnetic resonance spectroscopy, T2-weighted and diffusion-weighted MRI during lithium-pilocarpine-induced status epilepticus in the ratPieter van Eijsden
Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery, Rudolf Magnus Institute of Neuroscience, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Brain Res 1030:11-8. 2004..In the rat lithium-pilocarpine model of SE, we performed quantified T(2)- and isotropic-diffusion-weighted (DW) magnetic resonance imaging (..
- The GABA uptake inhibitor beta-alanine reduces pilocarpine-induced tremor and increases extracellular GABA in substantia nigra pars reticulata as measured by microdialysisKeita Ishiwari
Department of Psychology, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT 06269-1020, USA
J Neurosci Methods 140:39-46. 2004..related to tremor, the present study tested the GABA uptake blocker beta-alanine for its ability to reduce pilocarpine-induced tremulous jaw movements...
- Stimulus-driven versus pilocarpine-induced biometric changes in pseudophakic eyesK Kriechbaum
Department of Ophthalmology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Ophthalmology 112:453-9. 2005PURPOSE: Most trials that study the lens movement of accommodative intraocular lens (IOLs) use pilocarpine to stimulate ciliary muscle contraction...
- Effects of latrunculin B on outflow facility, intraocular pressure, corneal thickness, and miotic and accommodative responses to pilocarpine in monkeysMehmet Okka
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Trans Am Ophthalmol Soc 102:251-7; discussion 257-9. 2004..pressure (IOP) without adversely affecting the cornea, and inhibit miotic and accommodative responses to pilocarpine, in ocular normotensive monkeys...
- A 5-month period of epilepsy impairs spatial memory, decreases anxiety, but spares object recognition in the lithium-pilocarpine model in adult ratsJulien Detour
INSERM U398, Faculty of Medicine, Strasbourg, France
Epilepsia 46:499-508. 2005In temporal lobe epilepsy (TLE), interictal behavioral disorders affect patients' quality of life. Therefore we studied long-term behavioral impairments in the lithium-pilocarpine (li-pilo) model of TLE.
- Consequences of pilocarpine-induced recurrent seizures in neonatal ratsShi Xiu-Yu
Department of Pediatrics, Qilu Hospital, Shandong University, No 107, Wen Hua Xi Road, Jinan, Shandong 250012, China
Brain Dev 29:157-63. 2007..For seizure induction, neonatal Wistar rats were intraperitoneally injected with pilocarpine on postnatal day 1 (P1), P4 and P7...
- Prolonged infusion of tetrodotoxin does not block mossy fiber sprouting in pilocarpine-treated ratsPaul S Buckmaster
Department of Comparative Medicine, Stanford University, Palo Alto, California 94305 5342, USA
Epilepsia 45:452-8. 2004..The present study tested the hypothesis that prolonged, focal infusion of tetrodotoxin would block mossy fiber sprouting after an epileptogenic treatment...
- Down-regulation of BK channel expression in the pilocarpine model of temporal lobe epilepsyLuis F Pacheco Otalora
Department of Biological Sciences at the University of Texas at Brownsville Texas Southmost College, 80 Fort Brown, Brownsville, Texas 78520, USA
Brain Res 1200:116-31. 2008..subunit of BK channels in the hippocampus and cortex of chronically epileptic rats obtained by the pilocarpine model of MTLE...
- Effects of repeated electroconvulsive shock seizures and pilocarpine-induced status epilepticus on emotional behavior in the ratArmando Cardoso
Faculty of Medicine of Porto, Institute of Anatomy, Alameda Prof Hernani Monteiro, Porto, Portugal
Epilepsy Behav 14:293-9. 2009..shock (ECS) and compared them with those resulting from prolonged status epilepticus (SE) induced with pilocarpine. Using the open-field and elevated plus-maze tests, we detected the presence of behavioral alterations ..
- Pyrrolidine dithiocarbamate protects the piriform cortex in the pilocarpine status epilepticus modelJonna Soerensen
Institute of Pharmacology, Toxicology, and Pharmacy, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Epilepsy Res 87:177-83. 2009..epilepticus-associated cell loss in the hippocampus and piriform cortex was evaluated in the rat fractionated pilocarpine model...
- CCR3, CCR2A and macrophage inflammatory protein (MIP)-1a, monocyte chemotactic protein-1 (MCP-1) in the mouse hippocampus during and after pilocarpine-induced status epilepticus (PISE) J H Xu
Epilepsy Research Lab, National Neuroscience Institute, Singapore
Neuropathol Appl Neurobiol 35:496-514. 2009..protein 1-alpha (MIP-1alpha), monocyte chemotactic protein-1 (MCP-1) in the normal mouse central nervous system (CNS) and in the hippocampus at different time points during and after pilocarpine-induced status epilepticus (PISE).
- Age-dependent mortality in the pilocarpine model of status epilepticusRobert E Blair
Department of Neurology, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Neurosci Lett 453:233-7. 2009..Here we employed pilocarpine to induce SE in rats aged between 5 and 28 weeks...
- Ghrelin protects against cell death of hippocampal neurons in pilocarpine-induced seizures in ratsJingjing Xu
Department of Neurology, Qilu Hospital, Shandong University, 44, Wenhua Xi Road, Jinan 250012, PR China
Neurosci Lett 453:58-61. 2009..However, whether ghrelin protects hippocampal neurons against cell death in pilocarpine-induced seizures is unknown...
- Temporal characterization of changes in hippocampal cannabinoid CB(1) receptor expression following pilocarpine-induced status epilepticusKatherine W Falenski
Department of Neurology, Virginia Commonwealth University, PO Box 980599, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Brain Res 1262:64-72. 2009..a novel plasticity change of the cannabinoid type 1 (CB(1)) receptor in hippocampi of epileptic rats following pilocarpine-induced status epilepticus (SE)...
- Zebrafish provide a sensitive model of persisting neurobehavioral effects of developmental chlorpyrifos exposure: comparison with nicotine and pilocarpine effects and relationship to dopamine deficitsDonnie Eddins
Dept of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Duke University Medical Ctr, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Neurotoxicol Teratol 32:99-108. 2010..acetylcholine receptors to developmental CPF-mediated effects, the effects of developmental nicotine and pilocarpine exposure throughout the first five days after fertilization were determined...
- The role of trace elements in the pathogenesis and progress of pilocarpine-induced epileptic seizuresJ Chwiej
Department of Applied Nuclear Physics, Faculty of Physics and Applied Computer Science, AGH University of Science and Technology, Al Mickiewicza 30, 30 059, Krakow, Poland
J Biol Inorg Chem 13:1267-74. 2008..elemental analysis within the areas of the rat brain that undergo neurodegenerative changes in consequence of pilocarpine-induced seizures. Significant changes in levels of selected elements were observed in epileptic animals...
- Pilocarpine and other cholinergic drugs in the management of salivary gland dysfunctionM M Ferguson
Department of Oral Medicine and Oral Surgery, University of Otago, New Zealand
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol 75:186-91. 1993..Of the pharmacologic agents available, pilocarpine has been used extensively over the last century...
- Altered expression and localization of hippocampal A-type potassium channel subunits in the pilocarpine-induced model of temporal lobe epilepsyM M Monaghan
Neuroscience, Wyeth Discovery Research, CN8000, Princeton, NJ 08543, USA
Neuroscience 156:550-62. 2008..In rats, systemic administration of pilocarpine induces a model of human temporal lobe epilepsy, wherein a brief period of status epilepticus (SE) triggers ..
- Effects of benzodiazepine and pilocarpine on rat parotid glands: histomorphometric and sialometric studyM V Zaclikevis
Department of Stomatology, School of Dentistry, Pontificia Universidade Catolica do Parana, Rua Imaculada Conceição 1155, Prado Velho 80215 901, Curitiba Parana, Brazil
Med Chem 5:74-8. 2009Benzodiazepines are among the most frequently prescribed drugs and are often related with dry mouth. Pilocarpine is a cholinergic agonist that increases salivary flow rate and has been used to treat xerostomia...
- mGluR5-PLCbeta4-PKCbeta2/PKCgamma pathways in hippocampal CA1 pyramidal neurons in pilocarpine model of status epilepticus in mGluR5+/+ miceJian Xin Liu
Epilepsy Research Laboratory, National Neuroscience Institute, Singapore, Singapore
Epilepsy Res 82:111-23. 2008..PKCbeta2 or PKCgamma expression at the border between the stratum oriens and alveus (O/A border) at 2h during pilocarpine induced status epilepticus (SE), and in the stratum pyramidale in CA1 area at 1 day after pilocarpine induced ..
- Antagonism of peripheral inflammation reduces the severity of status epilepticusNicola Marchi
Cerebrovascular Research, Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Neurobiol Dis 33:171-81. 2009..Systemic inflammation and damage of blood-brain barrier (BBB) are etiologic cofactors in the pathogenesis of pilocarpine SE while acute osmotic disruption of the BBB is sufficient to elicit seizures...
- Up-regulation of D-serine might induce GABAergic neuronal degeneration in the cerebral cortex and hippocampus in the mouse pilocarpine model of epilepsyYong Hong Liu
Institute of Neurosciences, The Fourth Military Medical University, 710032, Xi an, China
Neurochem Res 34:1209-18. 2009..By using a mouse pilocarpine model, immunohistochemistry, Fluoro-Jade staining and double-labeling, the present study revealed up-regulation ..
- Electroencephalogram functional connectivity between rat hippocampus and cortex after pilocarpine treatmentS Tejada
Department of Biologia Fonamental i Ciències de la Salut, University of the Balearic Islands, IUNICS, Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Neuroscience 165:621-31. 2010The muscarinic agonist pilocarpine has been shown to increase the duration and total number of episodes presenting theta rhythm-simultaneously in hippocampus and cortex-in rats during the waking states...
- Oral tremor induced by the muscarinic agonist pilocarpine is suppressed by the adenosine A2A antagonists MSX-3 and SCH58261, but not the adenosine A1 antagonist DPCPXLyndsey E Collins
Department of Psychology, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT 06269 1020, USA
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 94:561-9. 2010..investigated the ability of adenosine antagonists to reverse the tremorogenic effect of the muscarinic agonist pilocarpine. While the adenosine A(2A) antagonist MSX-3 was incapable of reversing the tremulous jaw movements induced by ..
- Disease-modifying effects of phenobarbital and the NKCC1 inhibitor bumetanide in the pilocarpine model of temporal lobe epilepsyClaudia Brandt
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology, and Pharmacy, University of Veterinary Medicine Hannover, D 30559 Hannover, Germany
J Neurosci 30:8602-12. 2010..study, it was evaluated whether prolonged administration of the selective NKCC1 inhibitor, bumetanide, after a pilocarpine-induced SE modifies the development of epilepsy in adult female rats...
- Astroglial loss and edema formation in the rat piriform cortex and hippocampus following pilocarpine-induced status epilepticusJi Eun Kim
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, College of Medicine, Hallym University, Chunchon, Kangwon Do 200 702, South Korea
J Comp Neurol 518:4612-28. 2010..study we analyzed aquaporin-4 (AQP4) immunoreactivity in the piriform cortex (PC) and the hippocampus of pilocarpine-induced rat epilepsy model to elucidate the roles of AQP4 in brain edema following status epilepticus (SE)...
- Evidences for pharmacokinetic interaction of riluzole and topiramate with pilocarpine in pilocarpine-induced seizures in ratsWojciech Zgrajka
Department of Toxicology, Institute of Agricultural Medicine, Lublin, Poland
Epilepsy Res 88:269-74. 2010In this study we investigated the effectiveness of two antiepileptic drugs: riluzole and topiramate against pilocarpine-induced seizures, which are considered to be a model of intractable epilepsy commonly used to investigate the ..
- Comorbidity between epilepsy and depression: experimental evidence for the involvement of serotonergic, glucocorticoid, and neuroinflammatory mechanismsEduardo Pineda
Department of Pediatrics, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90095 1752, USA
Epilepsia 51:110-4. 2010..We established that animals that had been subjected to lithium chloride and pilocarpine status epilepticus (SE) and developed spontaneous recurrent seizures, exhibited a set of impairments congruent ..
- Effects of ubiquinone on hydroperoxide concentration and antioxidant enzymatic activities in the rat hippocampus during pilocarpine-induced seizuresItala Mônica de Sales Santos
Laboratory Experimental Research in Biological Sciences, Federal University of Piaui, Piaui, Brazil
Brain Res 1315:33-40. 2010..the neuroprotective effects of UQ in rats, against the observed oxidative stress during seizures induced by pilocarpine. Wistar rats were treated with either 0.9% saline (i.p., control group), UQ (5, 10 or 20 mg/kg, i.p...
- Mu-calpain mediates hippocampal neuron death in rats after lithium-pilocarpine-induced status epilepticusShuhua Wang
Department of Neurology, Qilu Hospital, Medical School of Shandong University, Jinan 250012, China
Brain Res Bull 76:90-6. 2008..In the current study, rats were induced SE by lithium-pilocarpine administration. Our data showed hippocampal neurons death appeared at 6h after SE and sustained for 7 days...
- Different effects of pH on the permeation of pilocarpine and pilocarpine prodrugs across the isolated rabbit corneaP Suhonen
Department of Pharmaceutics, University of Kuopio, P O Box 1627, FIN 70211, Kuopio, Finland
Eur J Pharm Sci 6:169-76. 1998Ocular absorption of pilocarpine and many other ophthalmic drugs can be improved by prodrug derivatization...
- Vesicular acetylcholine transporter knock-down mice are more susceptible to pilocarpine induced status epilepticusPatrícia A M Guidine
Nucleo de Neurociencias, Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Institute of Biological Sciences, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Avenida Antonio Carlos 6627, CEP 31270 901 Campus Pampulha, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Neurosci Lett 436:201-4. 2008The pilocarpine (PILO) animal model of Temporal Lobe Epilepsy (TLE) portrays the most common changes in hippocampal circuitry found in human TLE...
- Long-term expressional changes of Na+ -K+ -Cl- co-transporter 1 (NKCC1) and K+ -Cl- co-transporter 2 (KCC2) in CA1 region of hippocampus following lithium-pilocarpine induced status epilepticus (PISE)Xiubin Li
Neurological Department of the 1st Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat sen University, Guangzhou, 510080, PR China
Brain Res 1221:141-6. 2008..to investigate the long-term expression profiles of NKCC1 and KCC2 in CA1 region in the mice model of lithium-pilocarpine induced status epilepticus (PISE) and their relationship with epileptogenesis...
- In vivo and in vitro effects of pilocarpine: relevance to ictogenesisNicola Marchi
Department of Cerebrovascular Research, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Epilepsia 48:1934-46. 2007..model of status epilepticus (SE) utilizes intraperitoneal administration of the cholinergic agonist pilocarpine preceded by methyl-scopolamine treatment...
- Acquired dendritic channelopathy in temporal lobe epilepsyChristophe Bernard
Department of Neuroscience, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Science 305:532-5. 2004..Kinase inhibition partly reversed dendritic excitability to control levels. Such acquired channelopathy is likely to amplify neuronal activity and may contribute to the initiation and/or propagation of seizures in TLE...
- Upregulated TWIK-related acid-sensitive K+ channel-2 in neurons and perivascular astrocytes in the hippocampus of experimental temporal lobe epilepsyJi Eun Kim
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology and Institute of Epilepsy Research, College of Medicine, Hallym University, Chunchon, South Korea
Epilepsia 50:654-63. 2009..rectifying K(+) channel (TWIK)-related acid-sensitive K(+) (TASK)-2 channel expressions in epilepsy, we conducted a comparative analysis of TASK-2 channel immunoreactivity in the hippocampus of a pilocarpine-induced rat epilepsy model.
- Changes in phosphorylation of the NMDA receptor in the rat hippocampus induced by status epilepticusM Niimura
Centre for the Neurobiology of Stress, Department of Life Sciences, University of Toronto at Scarborough, Toronto, ON M1C 1A4, Canada
J Neurochem 92:1377-85. 2005Systemic administration of pilocarpine preceded by lithium induces status epilepticus (SE) that results in neurodegeneration and may lead to the development of spontaneous recurrent seizures...
- Cellular and network properties of the subiculum in the pilocarpine model of temporal lobe epilepsyAndreas Knopp
Neuroscience Research Center of the Charit, Humboldt University of Berlin, D-10117 Berlin, Germany
J Comp Neurol 483:476-88. 2005..Using the pilocarpine model of epilepsy, this study examines the anatomical substrates for network hyperexcitability recorded in the ..
- Correlation between shaking behaviors and seizure severity in five animal models of convulsive seizuresMarcelo Cairrão Araujo Rodrigues
Physiology Department, Ribeirao Preto School of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Epilepsy Behav 6:328-36. 2005..On the other hand, WDS are inversely correlated with SE induced by intracerebral bicuculline and pilocarpine injections. Systemic pilocarpine in animals pretreated with methyl-scopolamine barely induced WDS or HS...
- Expression of different isoforms of protein kinase C in the rat hippocampus after pilocarpine-induced status epilepticus with special reference to CA1 area and the dentate gyrusF R Tang
Epilepsy Research Laboratory, National Neuroscience Institute, Singapore
Hippocampus 14:87-98. 2004At 4 h during pilocarpine-induced status epilepticus (DPISE) in rat, protein kinase C (PKC)beta1, PKCbeta2, and PKCgamma were induced at the border between the stratum oriens and alveus (O/A border) of CA1 in the hippocampus...
- Cyclicity of spontaneous recurrent seizures in pilocarpine model of temporal lobe epilepsy in ratKarolien Goffin
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Exp Neurol 205:501-5. 2007b>Pilocarpine administration to rats results in status epilepticus (SE) and after a latency period to the occurrence of spontaneous seizures...
- Effects of pinealectomy and the treatment with melatonin on the temporal lobe epilepsy in ratsEliângela de Lima
Disciplina de Neurologia Experimental, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo Escola Paulista de Medicina, CEP 04023 900, Edificio Leal Prado, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Brain Res 1043:24-31. 2005..the present work was to analyze the effects of pinealectomy in the development of the epilepsy model induced by pilocarpine in adult male rats...
- The delta opioid receptor agonist, SNC80, has complex, dose-dependent effects on pilocarpine-induced seizures in Sprague-Dawley ratsSuzanne B Bausch
Department of Pharmacology, Uniformed Services University, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
Brain Res 1045:38-44. 2005..SNC80), on behavioral seizures and hippocampal histopathology in the pilocarpine model of temporal lobe epilepsy...
- Protective effect of the organotelluroxetane RF-07 in pilocarpine-induced status epilepticusDaniele Suzete Persike
Departamento Neurologia Neurocirurgia, Disciplina de Neurologia Experimental, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, UNIFESP, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Neurobiol Dis 31:120-6. 2008..the activity of caspase-1, -3 and -8 in the hippocampus of rats exhibiting status epilepticus induced by pilocarpine. All three caspases were activated...
- Massive and specific dysregulation of direct cortical input to the hippocampus in temporal lobe epilepsyChyze W Ang
Department of Bioengineering, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Neurosci 26:11850-6. 2006..This dysregulated temporoammonic pathway is critically positioned to mediate generation and/or propagation of seizure activity in the hippocampus...
- Neuroprotective effects of erythropoietin in the rat hippocampus after pilocarpine-induced status epilepticusJérémie Nadam
Laboratory of Integrative Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique and Université Claude Bernard Lyon 1 UMR5123, Villeurbanne, France
Neurobiol Dis 25:412-26. 2007..of hippocampal Epo system components (Epo, Epo-R and betac) during neurodegenerative processes following pilocarpine-induced status epilepticus (SE), and examined whether recombinant human Epo (rHuEpo) could support neuronal ..
- Proteome changes associated with hippocampal MRI abnormalities in the lithium pilocarpine-induced model of convulsive status epilepticusNicholas D E Greene
Neural Development Unit, UCL Institute of Child Health, University College London, London, UK
Proteomics 7:1336-44. 2007..The lithium pilocarpine model of status epilepticus (SE) in the rat provides a model in which to investigate the molecular and ..
- Status epilepticus causes a long-lasting redistribution of hippocampal cannabinoid type 1 receptor expression and function in the rat pilocarpine model of acquired epilepsyK W Falenski
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Neuroscience 146:1232-44. 2007..to mediate the anticonvulsant effects of cannabinoids in several animal models of seizure, including the rat pilocarpine model of acquired epilepsy...
- Study pharmacologic of the GABAergic and glutamatergic drugs on seizures and status epilepticus induced by pilocarpine in adult Wistar ratsM B Pereira
Curso de Farmácia, Faculdade Católica Rainha do Sertão, Rua Juvêncio Alves 660, Centro, Quixadá 63900 00, CE, Brazil
Neurosci Lett 419:253-7. 2007This work was designed to study the influence of drugs during seizures and status epilepticus (SE) induced by pilocarpine and mortality in adult rats. Glutamate (10 and 20 mg/kg), N-methyl-d-aspartate (NMDA, 5 and 10 mg/kg), ketamine (1...
- Synaptic plasticity of the CA3 commissural projection in epileptic rats: an in vivo electrophysiological studyClaudio M T Queiroz
Department of Physiology, UNIFESP EPM, Rua Botucatu, 862 04023 062, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Eur J Neurosci 25:3071-9. 2007..performed in epileptic rats 24 h after an early behavioural spontaneous seizure between 5 and 21 days after pilocarpine-induced status epilepticus...
- Long-term decrease in calbindin-D28K expression in the hippocampus of epileptic rats following pilocarpine-induced status epilepticusDawn S Carter
Department of Neurology, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine, Richmond, VA 23298, United States
Epilepsy Res 79:213-23. 2008..This study evaluated the expression of hippocampal calbindin levels in the rat pilocarpine model of AE. Calbindin protein expression was reduced over 50% in the hippocampus in epileptic animals...
- Deep brain stimulation of the anterior nucleus of the thalamus: effects of electrical stimulation on pilocarpine-induced seizures and status epilepticusClement Hamani
Division of Neurosurgery, Toronto Western Hospital and University Health Network, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Epilepsy Res 78:117-23. 2008..As the optimal stimulation settings remain elusive, we studied the effects of different stimulation parameters against pilocarpine induced seizures and status epilepticus (SE).
- Stereological methods reveal the robust size and stability of ectopic hilar granule cells after pilocarpine-induced status epilepticus in the adult ratDaniel P McCloskey
Center for Neural Recovery and Rehabilitation Research, Helen Hayes Hospital, Route 9W, West Haverstraw, NY 10993, USA
Eur J Neurosci 24:2203-10. 2006..total number of ectopic hilar granule cells was estimated using unbiased stereology at different times after pilocarpine-induced status epilepticus...
- Bilateral anterior thalamic nucleus lesions and high-frequency stimulation are protective against pilocarpine-induced seizures and status epilepticusClement Hamani
Division of Neurosurgery, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Neurosurgery 54:191-5; discussion 195-7. 2004..was to investigate the influence of anterior thalamic nucleus lesions and high-frequency stimulation in the pilocarpine model of secondarily generalized seizures in rats...
- Differential paired-pulse responses between the CA1 region and the dentate gyrus are related to altered CLC-2 immunoreactivity in the pilocarpine-induced rat epilepsy modelSung Eun Kwak
Department of Anatomy, College of Medicine, Hallym University, Chunchon, Kangwon Do 200 702, South Korea
Brain Res 1115:162-8. 2006..paired-pulse response and voltage gated Cl(-) channel 2 (CLC-2)/vesicular GABA transport (VGAT) expression in a pilocarpine-induced rat model...
- Distribution and differential regulation of galanin receptor subtypes in rat brain: effects of seizure activityXiaoying Lu
Department of Neuropharmacology, The Harold L Dorris Neurological Research Center, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Neuropeptides 39:147-52. 2005....
- Modulation of CaM kinase II activity is coincident with induction of status epilepticus in the rat pilocarpine modelMichael W Singleton
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia 23298-0599, USA
Epilepsia 46:1389-400. 2005..METHODS: The pilocarpine model of SE was characterized both behaviorally and electrographically...
- Aberrant seizure-induced neurogenesis in experimental temporal lobe epilepsyJack M Parent
Department of Neurology, University of Michigan Medical Center, 4412 Kresge III, 200 Zina Pitcher Place, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0585, USA
Ann Neurol 59:81-91. 2006..and immunohistochemistry were used to identify proliferating progenitors and mature DGCs in the adult rat pilocarpine temporal lobe epilepsy model. We also examined dentate gyri from epileptic human hippocampal surgical specimens...
- Minimal latency to hippocampal epileptogenesis and clinical epilepsy after perforant pathway stimulation-induced status epilepticus in awake ratsArgyle V Bumanglag
Departments of Pharmacology and Neurology, Graduate Program in Neuroscience, University of Arizona College of Medicine, Tucson, Arizona 85724, USA
J Comp Neurol 510:561-80. 2008..We hypothesize that the latent period is directly related and inversely proportional to the extent of neuron loss in brain regions involved in seizure initiation, spread, and clinical expression...
- Deficit of Kcnma1 mRNA expression in the dentate gyrus of epileptic ratsBoris Ermolinsky
Department of Biological Sciences, The University of Texas, Brownsville Texas Southmost College, Brownsville, Texas, USA
Neuroreport 19:1291-4. 2008..of Kcnma1 coding for the large-conductance calcium-activated potassium (BK, MaxiK) channel alpha-subunits after pilocarpine-induced status epilepticus...
- Pilocarpine seizures cause age-dependent impairment in auditory location discriminationJohn C Neill
Children s Hospital, Boston, USA
J Exp Anal Behav 84:357-70. 2005..Male Sprague-Dawley rats were injected with saline on postnatal day (P) 20, or a convulsant dose of pilocarpine on P20 or P45...
- Spastin in the human and mouse central nervous system with special reference to its expression in the hippocampus of mouse pilocarpine model of status epilepticus and temporal lobe epilepsyDong Liang Ma
Epilepsy Research Laboratory, National Neuroscience Institute, Singapore 308433, Singapore
Neurochem Int 49:651-64. 2006..In the mouse pilocarpine model of status epilepticus and subsequent temporal lobe epilepsy, spastin expression disappeared in hilar ..
- Assessment of the progressive nature of cell damage in the pilocarpine model of epilepsyL Covolan
Departamento de Fisiologia, , , SP, Brasil
Braz J Med Biol Res 39:915-24. 2006b>Pilocarpine-induced (320 mg/kg, i.p.) status epilepticus (SE) in adult (2-3 months) male Wistar rats results in extensive neuronal damage in limbic structures...
- Development of a rat pilocarpine model of seizure/status epilepticus that mimics chemical warfare nerve agent exposureLauren M Tetz
Department of Biochemical Pharmacology/Division of Biochemistry, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, 503 Robert Grant Avenue, Silver Spring, MD 20910-7500, USA
Toxicol Ind Health 22:255-66. 2006We developed a rat pilocarpine seizure/status epilepticus (SE) model, which closely resembles 1.6-2...
- Glutamate is critically involved in seizure-induced overexpression of P-glycoprotein in the brainJens P Bankstahl
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology and Pharmacy, University of Veterinary Medicine, Hannover, Germany
Neuropharmacology 54:1006-16. 2008..tissue of patients with intractable epilepsy and in rodent models of temporal lobe epilepsy, including the pilocarpine model. The mechanisms underlying the increase of Pgp after seizures are unclear...
- Glucose utilisation during status epilepticus in an epilepsy model induced by pilocarpine: a qualitative studyFulvio Alexandre Scorza
Universidade de Mogi das Cruzes, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Arq Neuropsiquiatr 60:198-203. 2002..of this study was to determine which changes occur in the seizure anatomic substrates during the SE induced by pilocarpine (PILO) using [14C]-2 deoxyglucose functional mapping technique...
- Downregulation of the alpha5 subunit of the GABA(A) receptor in the pilocarpine model of temporal lobe epilepsyCarolyn R Houser
Research Service, VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, West Los Angeles, California, USA
Hippocampus 13:633-45. 2003..In chronic pilocarpine-treated rats displaying recurrent seizures, alpha5 subunit-labeling was substantially decreased in CA1 and ..
- New insights from the use of pilocarpine and kainate modelsJ P Leite
Department of Neurology, University of São Paulo School of Medicine at Ribeirão Preto, Campus Universitario, Ribeirao Preto, Brazil
Epilepsy Res 50:93-103. 2002Local or systemic administration of pilocarpine and kainate in rodents leads to a pattern of repetitive limbic seizures and status epilepticus, which can last for several hours...
- Neuroprotective activity of antazoline against neuronal damage induced by limbic status epilepticusD Milhaud
CNRS UPR 2580, Laboratoire de Génomique Fonctionnelle 141 rue de la Cardonille, F 34094 Montpellier 5, France
Neuroscience 120:475-84. 2003..Status epilepticus was induced by injecting pilocarpine (200 nmol) directly into the right pyriform cortex of male adult rats...
- Long-lasting modification of intrinsic discharge properties in subicular neurons following status epilepticusJörg Wellmer
Department of Epileptology, University of Bonn Medical Center, Sigmund Freud Str 25, 53105 Bonn, Germany
Eur J Neurosci 16:259-66. 2002..Here we have investigated whether SE, induced in rats with pilocarpine and terminated after 40 min with diazepam, persistently modifies the intrinsic excitability of pyramidal ..
- Epilepsy after early-life seizures can be independent of hippocampal injuryYogendra Sinh H Raol
Division of Neurology, Pediatric Regional Epilepsy Program, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Ann Neurol 53:503-11. 2003..early-life insults that lead to epilepsy result in similar structural changes, we subjected rat pups to lithium-pilocarpine-induced status epilepticus during postnatal development (day 20) and examined them as adults for the occurrence ..
- The contribution of the lateral posterior and anteroventral thalamic nuclei on spontaneous recurrent seizures in the pilocarpine model of epilepsyFulvio Alexandre Scorza
Universidade de Mogi das Cruzes, Universidade Federal de SP, Brazil
Arq Neuropsiquiatr 60:572-5. 2002The pilocarpine model of epilepsy in rats is characterised by the occurrence of spontaneous seizures (SRSs) during the chronic period that recur 2-3 times per week during the whole animal life...
- Pilocarpine-induced epileptogenesis in the rat: impact of initial duration of status epilepticus on electrophysiological and neuropathological alterationsHenrik Klitgaard
Preclinical CNS Research, UCB SA Pharma Sector, Chemin du Foriest, B 1420 Braine l Alleud, Belgium
Epilepsy Res 51:93-107. 2002This study characterized the electrophysiological and neuropathological changes in rat brains caused by pilocarpine (PILO)-induced status epilepticus (SE) of different duration. SE induced by PILO (375 mg/kg, i.p. adm...
- Down-regulation of mGluR8 in pilocarpine epileptic ratsT Kral
Departments of Neurosurgery and Epileptology, University Clinic, Bonn, Germany
Synapse 47:278-84. 2003..this study we analyzed the function of presynaptic mGluR8 on terminals of the lateral perforant pathway in the pilocarpine model of limbic epilepsy...
- Effect of topiramate following recurrent and prolonged seizures during early developmentByung Ho Cha
Clinical Neurophysiology Laboratory, Department of Neurology, Center for Research in Pediatric Epilepsy, Harvard Medical School, Children's Hospital Boston, Hunnewell 2, 300 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Epilepsy Res 51:217-32. 2002..or saline for 4 weeks following a series of 25 neonatal seizures or status epilepticus (SE) induced by lithium-pilocarpine in postnatal day 20 rats...
- Mechanism and Treatment of nerve agent-induced seizuresJaideep Kapur; Fiscal Year: 2007..Aim 3: To test anticonvulsant action of two classes of compounds in controlling lithium/pilocarpine and OP paraoxon-induced status epilepticus...
- QUANTITATIVE GENETIC STUDY OF SEIZURESThomas N Ferraro; Fiscal Year: 2010..MEST QTLs are captured by testing them with chemoconvulsants pentylenetetrazol (PTZ), kainic acid (KA) and pilocarpine (PC). QTLs will be prioritized for further dissection based upon the results from all paradigms...
- PHARMACOTHERAPY FOR XEROSTOMIA IN SJOGREN'S SYNDROMESAMUEL HOPKINS; Fiscal Year: 2005..including tear and saliva substitutes and centrally acting parasympathomimetic secretagogues such as pilocarpine and cevimeline, provide transient relief, but patients often find these remedies costly, ineffective, ..
- Neuroactive Steroid Therapy of Catamenial EpilepsyDOODIPALA REDDY; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will critically test this hypothesis using a rat pilocarpine model of temporal lobe epilepsy with SRS...
- GABA-A Receptor Gene Transfer to Prevent EpileptogenesisSHELLEY RUSSEK; Fiscal Year: 2004..Little is known, however, about the genetic mechanisms that regulate granule cells of adult rats following pilocarpine-induced status epilepticus (SE), it has yet to be demonstrated that these changes are either necessary or ..
- Efficacy of GluR5 Antogonists Against Soman-Induced Seizures and NeuropathologyMARIA BRAGA; Fiscal Year: 2007..have revealed that blockade of these receptors blocks epileptic seizures induced by the muscarinic agonist pilocarpine. As there are common mechanisms between pilocarpine-induced seizures and seizures induced by nerve agents, we ..
- Seizure-Induced Neurogenesis In The Dentate GyrusCHARLES RIBAK; Fiscal Year: 2007..structural changes occur in the hippocampal dentate granule cells of rodents after chemical (kainate or pilocarpine) or electrical (perforant path stimulation) induction of status epilepticus (SE)...
- REGULATION OF GLANDULAR MUCOUS CELL SECRETIONDAVID CULP; Fiscal Year: 2001..Current treatment for hyposalivation includes the systemic application of a muscarinic cholinergic agonist, pilocarpine, to directly stimulate remaining functional salivary secretory cells...
- EFFECTS OF LITHIUM ON CHOLINERGIC ACTIVITYRICHARD JOPE; Fiscal Year: 1990..3) Lithium potentiates the in vivo response of the CNS to the muscarinic agonist, pilocarpine, as seen by the seizures generated by these two drugs...
- Aberrant Neurogenesis in Experimental Temporal Lobe EpilepsyJack Parent; Fiscal Year: 2009..Using the rat pilocarpine epilepsy model, we recently discovered that only developing, and not mature, DGCs are responsible for abnormal ..
- Aberrant Neurogenesis in Experimental Temporal Lobe EpilepsyJack M Parent; Fiscal Year: 2010..Using the rat pilocarpine epilepsy model, we recently discovered that only developing, and not mature, DGCs are responsible for abnormal ..
- NEUROPHYSIOLOGICAL STUDY OF CA1 SYNAPTIC REORGANIZATIONJOSE CAVAZOS; Fiscal Year: 2003..We evaluated the Pilocarpine model, and we determined that although CA1 synaptic reorganization occurs, it was not robust enough for the ..
- CHOLINERGIC MECHANISMS IN AGING AND ADLINCOLN POTTER; Fiscal Year: 2002..use by itself or in right hemi-PD, but is expected to alter responses to apomorphine (dopamine agonist), pilocarpine and xanomeline (muscarinic agonists)...
- EFFECTS OF LITHIUM ON CHOLINERGIC ACTIVITYRICHARD JOPE; Fiscal Year: 1999..Experiments involve EEG recordings of rats treated with lithium plus pilocarpine and dose-response studies with myo-inositol (icv and ip), comparisons with other inositol isomers, tests of the ..
- Canonical Transient Receptor Potential Channels and ExcitotoxicityFang Zheng; Fiscal Year: 2010..To determine whether TRPC channels contribute to seizure and excitotoxicity in vivo, the well-established pilocarpine- induced limbic seizure model will be used...
- Canonical Transient Receptor Potential Channels and ExcitotoxicityFang Zheng; Fiscal Year: 2009..To determine whether TRPC channels contribute to seizure and excitotoxicity in vivo, the well-established pilocarpine- induced limbic seizure model will be used...
- A NEW CHLORIDE SWEAT TEST FOR CYSTIC FIBROSIS SCREENINGWARREN WARWICK; Fiscal Year: 2004..stimulation method and collection cycle time will be optimized by comparing three new methods of transporting pilocarpine to the sweat glands and comparing the results to the current iontophoresis method...
- Counter Measures Against Acetylcholine Receptor Activated Status EpilepticusRobert DeLorenzo; Fiscal Year: 2007..The research proposed in this study will use the rodent pilocarpine model of SE that has been shown to produce SE in an essentially identical manner to nerve agents as an animal ..
- Prostanoid modulators that reduce brain injury and inflammation after seizuresRaymond Dingledine; Fiscal Year: 2007..Prolonged status epilepticus (SE) induced by the muscarinic agonist, pilocarpine, triggers a similar series of molecular and cellular events in the rodent brain...
- Muscarinic regulation of plasticity in the brainGene Robinson; Fiscal Year: 2009..is based on the surprising, but robust, demonstration that treatment of caged bees with a muscarinic agonist, pilocarpine, results in brain plasticity identical to that produced by a week of real foraging experience. We will: 1...
- Muscarinic regulation of plasticity in the brainGene Robinson; Fiscal Year: 2007..is based on the surprising, but robust, demonstration that treatment of caged bees with a muscarinic agonist, pilocarpine, results in brain plasticity identical to that produced by a week of real foraging experience. We will: 1...