Genomes and Genes
Summary: A slowly hydrolyzed muscarinic agonist with no nicotinic effects. Pilocarpine is used as a miotic and in the treatment of glaucoma.
Publications281 found, 100 shown here
- Expression profile of microRNAs in rat hippocampus following lithium-pilocarpine-induced status epilepticusKai Hu
Department of Neurology, Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan 410008, PR China
Neurosci Lett 488:252-7. 2011....
- Axon sprouting in a model of temporal lobe epilepsy creates a predominantly excitatory feedback circuitPaul S Buckmaster
Department of Comparative Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305 5330, USA
J Neurosci 22:6650-8. 2002..sprouted mossy fibers at the EM level, and identified postsynaptic targets with GABA immunocytochemistry in the pilocarpine model of temporal lobe epilepsy. Granule cells projected an average of 1.0 and 1...
- Stereological analysis of GluR2-immunoreactive hilar neurons in the pilocarpine model of temporal lobe epilepsy: correlation of cell loss with mossy fiber sproutingYiqun Jiao
Department of Pharmacology and Cancer Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Box 3813, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Exp Neurol 205:569-82. 2007..Prolonged pilocarpine-induced status epilepticus killed 95% of these cells...
- Inhibition of the mammalian target of rapamycin signaling pathway suppresses dentate granule cell axon sprouting in a rodent model of temporal lobe epilepsyPaul S Buckmaster
Department of Comparative Medicine, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305, USA
J Neurosci 29:8259-69. 2009..infused into the dorsal hippocampus for prolonged periods beginning within hours after rats sustained pilocarpine-induced status epilepticus...
- Mesial temporal lobe epilepsy: pathogenesis, induced rodent models and lesionsAlok K Sharma
Department of Comparative Pathobiology, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, USA
Toxicol Pathol 35:984-99. 2007..Among post-status epilepticus models, induction of systemic kainic acid or pilocarpine-induced epilepsy is less labor-intensive than electrical-stimulation models and these models mirror the ..
- Pilocarpine-induced status epilepticus results in mossy fiber sprouting and spontaneous seizures in C57BL/6 and CD-1 miceHeather Shibley
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Division of Neurobiology, Tulane University, 6400 Freret Street, New Orleans, LA 70118, USA
Epilepsy Res 49:109-20. 2002..and correlative axon sprouting in the dentate gyrus of CD-1 and C57BL/6 mice after systemic injection of pilocarpine. Pilocarpine induced seizures and status epilepticus (SE) after systemic injection in both strains, although SE ..
- Behavioral and cognitive alterations, spontaneous seizures, and neuropathology developing after a pilocarpine-induced status epilepticus in C57BL/6 miceChristine J Müller
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology, and Pharmacy, University of Veterinary Medicine Hannover, Bunteweg 17, D 30559 Hannover, Germany
Exp Neurol 219:284-97. 2009..Animal models of epilepsy, such as the pilocarpine model of acquired temporal lobe epilepsy (TLE), are useful to study the relationship between epilepsy and ..
- A muscarinic cholinergic mechanism underlies activation of the central pattern generator for locust flightEdgar Buhl
University of Leipzig, Institute of Biology II, Talstr 33, 04103 Leipzig, Germany
J Exp Biol 211:2346-57. 2008..In deafferented locusts, fictive flight was initiated by bath application of the muscarinic agonist pilocarpine, the acetylcholine analogue carbachol, and the acetylcholinesterase blocker eserine, but not by nicotine...
- The pilocarpine model of epilepsy: what have we learned?Fulvio A Scorza
Disciplina de Neurologia Experimental, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo Escola Paulista de Medicina, Rua Botucatu, 862, Edifício José Leal Prado, 04023 900 São Paulo, SP, Brasil
An Acad Bras Cienc 81:345-65. 2009The systemic administration of a potent muscarinic agonist pilocarpine in rats promotes sequential behavioral and electrographic changes that can be divided into 3 distinct periods: (a) an acute period that built up progressively into a ..
- Investigation of oxidative stress involvement in hippocampus in epilepsy model induced by pilocarpineR M Freitas
Laboratory of Physiology and Pharmacology, Federal University of Piaui, Piaui, Brazil
Neurosci Lett 462:225-9. 2009..Using the epilepsy model obtained by systemic administration of pilocarpine in rats, we investigated the lipid peroxidation, nitrite content, superoxide dismutase (SOD) and catalase ..
- IMPA1 is essential for embryonic development and lithium-like pilocarpine sensitivityKim Cryns
Research and Early Development Europe, Johnson and Johnson Pharmaceutical Research and Development, Beerse, Belgium
Neuropsychopharmacology 33:674-84. 2008..activity in both the open-field test and the forced-swim test as well as a strongly increased sensitivity to pilocarpine-induced seizures, the latter supporting the idea that IMPA1 represents a physiologically relevant target for ..
- A gelatin-g-poly(N-isopropylacrylamide) biodegradable in situ gelling delivery system for the intracameral administration of pilocarpineJui Yang Lai
Institute of Biochemical and Biomedical Engineering, Chang Gung University, Taoyuan, Taiwan 33302, Republic of China
Biomaterials 33:2372-87. 2012..95%) were achieved for GN vehicles, which was attributed to initial fast temperature triggered capture of pilocarpine and subsequent progressive degradation of gelatin network...
- P2X7 receptor regulates leukocyte infiltrations in rat frontoparietal cortex following status epilepticusJi Eun Kim
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Institute of Epilepsy Research, College of Medicine, Hallym University, Chunchon 200 702, South Korea
J Neuroinflammation 7:65. 2010..In the present study, we investigated the roles of P2X7 receptor in recruitment and infiltration of neutrophil during epileptogenesis in rat epilepsy models...
- Innate and adaptive immunity during epileptogenesis and spontaneous seizures: evidence from experimental models and human temporal lobe epilepsyTeresa Ravizza
Department of Neuroscience, Laboratory of Experimental Neurology, Mario Negri Institute for Pharmacological Research, Milano, Italy
Neurobiol Dis 29:142-60. 2008..These data show that specific inflammatory pathways are chronically activated during epileptogenesis and they persist in chronic epileptic tissue, suggesting they may contribute to the etiopathogenesis of TLE...
- Whole transcriptome analysis of the hippocampus: toward a molecular portrait of epileptogenesisOswaldo K Okamoto
Disciplina de Neurologia Experimental, Departamento de Neurologia e Neurocirurgia, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo
BMC Genomics 11:230. 2010....
- Pilocarpine-induced seizures cause selective time-dependent changes to adult-generated hippocampal dentate granule cellsCynthia Walter
Department of Anesthesia, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
J Neurosci 27:7541-52. 2007..label granule cells born 8 weeks before (mature), 1 week before (immature), or 3 weeks after (newborn) pilocarpine-epileptogenesis. Neuronal morphology was examined 4 and 8 weeks after pilocarpine treatment...
- Subiculum network excitability is increased in a rodent model of temporal lobe epilepsyPhilip de Guzman
Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery, Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Hippocampus 16:843-60. 2006..to study the subiculum--a limbic structure that gates the information flow from and to the hippocampus--in pilocarpine-treated epileptic rats. Comparative data were obtained from age-matched nonepileptic controls (NEC)...
- Neuronal and glial pathological changes during epileptogenesis in the mouse pilocarpine modelKarin Borges
Department of PharmacologyEmory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Exp Neurol 182:21-34. 2003The rodent pilocarpine model of epilepsy exhibits hippocampal sclerosis and spontaneous seizures and thus resembles human temporal lobe epilepsy...
- Recurrent circuits in layer II of medial entorhinal cortex in a model of temporal lobe epilepsySanjay S Kumar
Department of Comparative Medicine, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305, USA
J Neurosci 27:1239-46. 2007..reorganization and formation of recurrent, excitatory synapses among layer II stellate cells in epileptic pilocarpine-treated rats...
- The CREB/CRE transcriptional pathway: protection against oxidative stress-mediated neuronal cell deathBoyoung Lee
Department of Neuroscience, Ohio State University, Columbus, 43210, USA
J Neurochem 108:1251-65. 2009..Using the pilocarpine-evoked repetitive seizure model, we detected a marked enhancement of cell death in A-CREB transgenic mice...
- Pilocarpine-induced temporal lobe epilepsy in the rat is associated with increased dopamine neuron activityPierangelo Cifelli
Departments of Neuroscience, Psychiatry and Psychology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 15:957-64. 2012..of temporal lobe seizures, we investigated whether an animal model of TLE using intrahippocampal injection of pilocarpine induces alterations in mesolimbic dopamine neuron activity...
- P2X7 receptor activation ameliorates CA3 neuronal damage via a tumor necrosis factor-α-mediated pathway in the rat hippocampus following status epilepticusJi Eun Kim
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Institute of Epilepsy Research, College of Medicine, Hallym University, Chunchon, Kangwon Do 200 702, South Korea
J Neuroinflammation 8:62. 2011..In the present study, we addressed the question of whether P2X7 receptor-mediated TNF-α regulation is involved in pathogenesis and outcome of status epilepticus (SE)...
- Comparison of status epilepticus models induced by pilocarpine and nerve agents - a systematic review of the underlying aetiology and adopted therapeutic approachesF R Tang
Temasek Laboratories, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Curr Med Chem 18:886-99. 2011..and metabolic, biochemical, neuroinflammatory changes and current therapeutic approaches reported in pilocarpine, soman, and sarin models of seizures...
- Network dynamics during development of pharmacologically induced epileptic seizures in rats in vivoAdi Cymerblit-Sabba
Department of Physiology, Bruce Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion, Haifa 31096, Israel
J Neurosci 30:1619-30. 2010..The preictal state preceding pilocarpine-, kainate-, and picrotoxin-induced seizures was characterized by biphasic network dynamics composed of an early ..
- High ratio of synaptic excitation to synaptic inhibition in hilar ectopic granule cells of pilocarpine-treated ratsRen Zhi Zhan
Dept of Pharmacology and Cancer Biology, Box 3813, Duke Univ Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Neurophysiol 104:3293-304. 2010..This study used hippocampal slices prepared from rats that had experienced pilocarpine-induced status epilepticus to test the hypothesis that an imbalance of synaptic excitation and inhibition ..
- A 5-month period of epilepsy impairs spatial memory, decreases anxiety, but spares object recognition in the lithium-pilocarpine model in adult ratsJulien Detour
INSERM U398, Faculty of Medicine, Strasbourg, France
Epilepsia 46:499-508. 2005In temporal lobe epilepsy (TLE), interictal behavioral disorders affect patients' quality of life. Therefore we studied long-term behavioral impairments in the lithium-pilocarpine (li-pilo) model of TLE.
- Altered expression and function of small-conductance (SK) Ca(2+)-activated K+ channels in pilocarpine-treated epileptic ratsMauro S Oliveira
Departamento de Fisiologia e Farmacologia, Centro de Ciencias da Saude, Universidade Federal de Santa Maria, RS, Brazil
Brain Res 1348:187-99. 2010..In this study, we investigate the expression and function of SK channels in the pilocarpine model of mesial temporal lobe epilepsy...
- The COX-2 inhibitor parecoxib is neuroprotective but not antiepileptogenic in the pilocarpine model of temporal lobe epilepsyNadine Polascheck
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology, and Pharmacy, University of Veterinary Medicine Hannover, Germany
Exp Neurol 224:219-33. 2010..pro-drug of the highly potent and selective COX-2 inhibitor valdecoxib, alters the long-term consequences of a pilocarpine-induced SE in rats. Parecoxib was administered twice daily at 10 mg/kg for 18 days following SE...
- Mossy fibers are the primary source of afferent input to ectopic granule cells that are born after pilocarpine-induced seizuresJoseph P Pierce
Department of Neurology and Neuroscience, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, NY 10021, USA
Exp Neurol 196:316-31. 2005..EGC dendrites were examined in tissue from epileptic rats that had initially been treated with pilocarpine to induce status epilepticus and subsequently had spontaneous seizures...
- Oxidative stress in rat hippocampus caused by pilocarpine-induced seizures is reversed by buspironeRizângela Lyne Mendes de Freitas
Course of Pharmacy of Catholic Faculty Rainha do Sertão, Quixada, Ceara, CE, Brazil
Brain Res Bull 81:505-9. 2010..buspirone effects on oxidative stress in rat hippocampus after seizures and status epilepticus (SE) induced by pilocarpine. In pilocarpine group there was a significant increase in lipid peroxidation and nitrite levels...
- Stereological methods reveal the robust size and stability of ectopic hilar granule cells after pilocarpine-induced status epilepticus in the adult ratDaniel P McCloskey
Center for Neural Recovery and Rehabilitation Research, Helen Hayes Hospital, Route 9W, West Haverstraw, NY 10993, USA
Eur J Neurosci 24:2203-10. 2006..total number of ectopic hilar granule cells was estimated using unbiased stereology at different times after pilocarpine-induced status epilepticus...
- The duration of sustained convulsive seizures determines the pattern of hippocampal neurogenesis and the development of spontaneous epilepsy in ratsYu Wen Hung
Institute of Physiology, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
Epilepsy Res 98:206-15. 2012..Sprague-Dawley rats with pilocarpine-induced convulsive SS were divided into short SS (30 min) and long SS (2 h) groups...
- mGluR5-PLCbeta4-PKCbeta2/PKCgamma pathways in hippocampal CA1 pyramidal neurons in pilocarpine model of status epilepticus in mGluR5+/+ miceJian Xin Liu
Epilepsy Research Laboratory, National Neuroscience Institute, Singapore, Singapore
Epilepsy Res 82:111-23. 2008..PKCbeta2 or PKCgamma expression at the border between the stratum oriens and alveus (O/A border) at 2h during pilocarpine induced status epilepticus (SE), and in the stratum pyramidale in CA1 area at 1 day after pilocarpine induced ..
- Morphologic integration of hilar ectopic granule cells into dentate gyrus circuitry in the pilocarpine model of temporal lobe epilepsyMichael C Cameron
Department of Pharmacology and Cancer Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Comp Neurol 519:2175-92. 2011After pilocarpine-induced status epilepticus, many granule cells born into the postseizure environment migrate aberrantly into the dentate hilus...
- Changes in vesicular transporters for gamma-aminobutyric acid and glutamate reveal vulnerability and reorganization of hippocampal neurons following pilocarpine-induced seizuresJean Luc Boulland
The Biotechnology Centre of Oslo, University of Oslo, Oslo, N 0349 Norway
J Comp Neurol 503:466-85. 2007..GABA)-ergic hippocampal networks as well as the time course of these reorganizations during development of pilocarpine-induced temporal lobe epilepsy were studied with in situ hybridization and immunohistochemistry experiments for ..
- The neuroprotective effect of curcumin and Nigella sativa oil against oxidative stress in the pilocarpine model of epilepsy: a comparison with valproateHeba S Aboul Ezz
Laboratory of Neurophysiology, Zoology Department, Faculty of Science, Cairo University, Giza, Egypt
Neurochem Res 36:2195-204. 2011Oxidative stress has been implicated to play a role in epileptogenesis and pilocarpine-induced seizures...
- Seizure susceptibility and the brain regional sensitivity to oxidative stress in male and female rats in the lithium-pilocarpine model of temporal lobe epilepsySandra Peternel
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Rijeka, Rijeka, Croatia
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 33:456-62. 2009..of different brain regions to oxidative stress in rats with status epilepticus (SE) induced by lithium-pilocarpine administration, that provides a common experimental model of temporal lobe epilepsy (TLE) in humans...
- Antioxidant response and oxidative damage in brain cortex after high dose of pilocarpineS Tejada
Laboratori de Neurofisiologia, Departament de Biologia Fonamental i Ciencies de la Salut, Universitat de les Illes Balears, Crta Valldemossa, km 7 5, E 07122 Palma de Mallorca, Balears, Spain
Brain Res Bull 71:372-5. 2007b>Pilocarpine is a cholinergic agonist capable to induce seizures and an epilepticus-like state in rodents...
- Microglial ablation and lipopolysaccharide preconditioning affects pilocarpine-induced seizures in miceMartine M Mirrione
Department of Pharmacological Sciences, Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794 8651, USA
Neurobiol Dis 39:85-97. 2010..To explore this, we examined the effects of pilocarpine-induced seizures in transgenic mice where microglia/macrophages were conditionally ablated...
- Ketogenic diet exhibits neuroprotective effects in hippocampus but fails to prevent epileptogenesis in the lithium-pilocarpine model of mesial temporal lobe epilepsy in adult ratsBenjamin Linard
INSERM U666, Université de Strasbourg Strasbourg, France
Epilepsia 51:1829-36. 2010..Our goal was to assess the neuroprotective or antiepileptogenic effect of these diets in a well-characterized model of mesial temporal lobe epilepsy following initial SE induced by lithium-pilocarpine in adult rats.
- Septal GABAergic neurons are selectively vulnerable to pilocarpine-induced status epilepticus and chronic spontaneous seizuresE R Garrido Sanabria
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Texas at Brownsville Texas Southmost College, 80 Fort Brown, Brownsville, TX 78520, USA
Neuroscience 142:871-83. 2006..b>Pilocarpine-induced status epilepticus (SE) was chosen as a model to generate chronic epileptic animals...
- The effects of alpha-tocopherol on hippocampal oxidative stress prior to in pilocarpine-induced seizuresA R Tome
State University of Ceara, Campus do Itaperi, Fortaleza, Ceara, Brazil
Neurochem Res 35:580-7. 2010..It has been suggested that pilocarpine-induced seizures is mediated by an increase in oxidative stress...
- Temporal patterns of the cerebral inflammatory response in the rat lithium-pilocarpine model of temporal lobe epilepsyBrigitte Voutsinos-Porche
INSERM U405, Faculty of Medicine, Strasbourg, France
Neurobiol Dis 17:385-402. 2004..NF-kappaB), and Cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) expression together with neurodegeneration in the rat lithium-pilocarpine model...
- Strain differences affect the induction of status epilepticus and seizure-induced morphological changesB Xu
Department of Psychology, McMaster University, 1280 Main Street West, Hamilton, ON, Canada L8S 4K1
Eur J Neurosci 20:403-18. 2004..We conclude that genetic factors clearly affect seizure development and related morphological changes in both standard laboratory strains and the selectively bred seizure-prone and seizure-resistant strains...
- Elevated plasma corticosterone level and depressive behavior in experimental temporal lobe epilepsyAndrey M Mazarati
Department of Pediatrics, Neurology Division, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, Box 951752, 22 474 MDCC, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1752, USA
Neurobiol Dis 34:457-61. 2009..We suggest that the observed hyperactivity of the HPA axis may underlie co-morbidity between epilepsy and depression...
- The role of muscarinic acetylcholine receptor-mediated activation of extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1/2 in pilocarpine-induced seizuresJennifer L Berkeley
Department of Neurology, Center for Neurodegenerative Disease, Emory University, Whitehead Biomedical Research Building, 615 Michael Street, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Neurochem 82:192-201. 2002b>Pilocarpine-induced seizures are mediated by the M(1) subtype of muscarinic acetylcholine receptor (mAChR), but little is known about the signaling mechanisms linking the receptor to seizures...
- Effect of changing from concomitant timolol pilocarpine to bimatoprost monotherapy on ocular blood flow and IOP in primary chronic angle closure glaucomaHarish C Agarwal
Dr Rajendra Prasad Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
J Ocul Pharmacol Ther 19:105-12. 2003..pressure (IOP) in eyes of primary chronic angle closure glaucoma patients already on concomitant timolol and pilocarpine. Thirty two patients of bilateral primary chronic angle closure glaucoma (PCACG) on topical timolol 0...
- Selective changes in single cell GABA(A) receptor subunit expression and function in temporal lobe epilepsyA R Brooks-Kayal
Joseph Stokes Research Institute of The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Department of Neurology, University of Pennsylvania, 19104, USA
Nat Med 4:1166-72. 1998....
- Reduced inhibition of dentate granule cells in a model of temporal lobe epilepsyMasayuki Kobayashi
Department of Comparative Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305 5342, USA
J Neurosci 23:2440-52. 2003..We report the loss of GABAergic inhibition of granule cells in the temporal dentate gyrus of pilocarpine-induced epileptic rats...
- Increased persistent sodium currents in rat entorhinal cortex layer V neurons in a post-status epilepticus model of temporal lobe epilepsyNewton Agrawal
Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery, Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec H3A 2B4, Canada
Epilepsia 44:1601-4. 2003..In this study, we investigated whether status epilepticus caused changes in the function of voltage-gated sodium channels in entorhinal cortex layer V neurons, a cellular group important for the genesis of limbic seizures...
- Loss of GABAergic neurons in the subiculum and its functional implications in temporal lobe epilepsyAndreas Knopp
Dept of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Chariteplatz 1, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Brain 131:1516-27. 2008..Using the pilocarpine-model of temporal lobe epilepsy (TLE), the present study examines the vulnerability of GABAergic subicular ..
- Status epilepticus in immature rats leads to behavioural and cognitive impairment and epileptogenesisHana Kubova
Institute of Physiology, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Vídeòská 1083, Prague 4, CZ 142 20, Czech Republic
Eur J Neurosci 19:3255-65. 2004..The present study examined whether SE induced by LiCl-pilocarpine in normal immature brain (at the age of 12 or 25 days; P12 or P25) causes cognitive decline and epileptogenesis,..
- Disease-modifying effects of phenobarbital and the NKCC1 inhibitor bumetanide in the pilocarpine model of temporal lobe epilepsyClaudia Brandt
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology, and Pharmacy, University of Veterinary Medicine Hannover, D 30559 Hannover, Germany
J Neurosci 30:8602-12. 2010..study, it was evaluated whether prolonged administration of the selective NKCC1 inhibitor, bumetanide, after a pilocarpine-induced SE modifies the development of epilepsy in adult female rats...
- Comorbidity between epilepsy and depression: experimental evidence for the involvement of serotonergic, glucocorticoid, and neuroinflammatory mechanismsEduardo Pineda
Department of Pediatrics, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90095 1752, USA
Epilepsia 51:110-4. 2010..We established that animals that had been subjected to lithium chloride and pilocarpine status epilepticus (SE) and developed spontaneous recurrent seizures, exhibited a set of impairments congruent ..
- An increase in persistent sodium current contributes to intrinsic neuronal bursting after status epilepticusShmuel Chen
Department of Medical Neurobiology, Hebrew University Hadassah School of Medicine, P O Box 12272, Jerusalem 91121, Israel
J Neurophysiol 105:117-29. 2011..In the widely used pilocarpine-status epilepticus (SE) rat model of temporal lobe epilepsy (TLE), a major alteration is the marked increase in ..
- Long-term expressional changes of Na+ -K+ -Cl- co-transporter 1 (NKCC1) and K+ -Cl- co-transporter 2 (KCC2) in CA1 region of hippocampus following lithium-pilocarpine induced status epilepticus (PISE)Xiubin Li
Neurological Department of the 1st Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat sen University, Guangzhou, 510080, PR China
Brain Res 1221:141-6. 2008..to investigate the long-term expression profiles of NKCC1 and KCC2 in CA1 region in the mice model of lithium-pilocarpine induced status epilepticus (PISE) and their relationship with epileptogenesis...
- Enhanced proliferation of acinar and progenitor cells by prophylactic pilocarpine treatment underlies the observed amelioration of radiation injury to parotid glandsFred R Burlage
Department of Radiation Oncology, University Medical Center Groningen, The Netherlands
Radiother Oncol 90:253-6. 2009Administration of pilocarpine before irradiation can ameliorate radiation-induced hyposalivation. Indirect evidence suggests that this effect may be mediated through induction of a compensatory response...
- Proteome changes associated with hippocampal MRI abnormalities in the lithium pilocarpine-induced model of convulsive status epilepticusNicholas D E Greene
Neural Development Unit, UCL Institute of Child Health, University College London, London, UK
Proteomics 7:1336-44. 2007..The lithium pilocarpine model of status epilepticus (SE) in the rat provides a model in which to investigate the molecular and ..
- Effects of repeated electroconvulsive shock seizures and pilocarpine-induced status epilepticus on emotional behavior in the ratArmando Cardoso
Faculty of Medicine of Porto, Institute of Anatomy, Alameda Prof Hernani Monteiro, Porto, Portugal
Epilepsy Behav 14:293-9. 2009..shock (ECS) and compared them with those resulting from prolonged status epilepticus (SE) induced with pilocarpine. Using the open-field and elevated plus-maze tests, we detected the presence of behavioral alterations ..
- Altered expression and localization of hippocampal A-type potassium channel subunits in the pilocarpine-induced model of temporal lobe epilepsyM M Monaghan
Neuroscience, Wyeth Discovery Research, CN8000, Princeton, NJ 08543, USA
Neuroscience 156:550-62. 2008..In rats, systemic administration of pilocarpine induces a model of human temporal lobe epilepsy, wherein a brief period of status epilepticus (SE) triggers ..
- Zebrafish provide a sensitive model of persisting neurobehavioral effects of developmental chlorpyrifos exposure: comparison with nicotine and pilocarpine effects and relationship to dopamine deficitsDonnie Eddins
Dept of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Duke University Medical Ctr, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Neurotoxicol Teratol 32:99-108. 2010..acetylcholine receptors to developmental CPF-mediated effects, the effects of developmental nicotine and pilocarpine exposure throughout the first five days after fertilization were determined...
- Loss of interneurons innervating pyramidal cell dendrites and axon initial segments in the CA1 region of the hippocampus following pilocarpine-induced seizuresCeline Dinocourt
INMED, INSERM U29, Parc Scientifique de Luminy, B P 13 13273 Marseille, France
J Comp Neurol 459:407-25. 2003In the pilocarpine model of chronic limbic seizures, vulnerability of GABAergic interneurons to excitotoxic damage has been reported in the hippocampal CA1 region...
- Molecular and functional changes in voltage-dependent Na(+) channels following pilocarpine-induced status epilepticus in rat dentate granule cellsR K Ellerkmann
Department of Epileptology, University of Bonn Medical Center, Sigmund Freud Strasse 25, 53105 Bonn, Germany
Neuroscience 119:323-33. 2003..In the present study, we examined whether an episode of S.E. induced by pilocarpine in vivo alters functional properties and expression of voltage-gated Na(+) channels in dentate granule cells (..
- Cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitor, celecoxib, inhibits the altered hippocampal neurogenesis with attenuation of spontaneous recurrent seizures following pilocarpine-induced status epilepticusKeun Hwa Jung
Neural Stem Cell Laboratory in Clinical Research Institute, Stem Cell Research Center, Department of Neurology, Seoul National University Hospital, Program in Neuroscience, Neuroscience Research Institute of SNUMRC, Seoul, South Korea
Neurobiol Dis 23:237-46. 2006..Celecoxib attenuated the likelihood of developing spontaneous recurrent seizures after pilocarpine-induced prolonged seizure...
- Pilocarpine-induced status epilepticus increases Homer1a and changes mGluR5 expressionC F Cavarsan
Department of Physiology, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Epilepsy Res 101:253-60. 2012..In the present work, we investigated whether pilocarpine-induced status epilepticus (SE) would alter Homer1a and mGluR5 expression in hippocampus...
- Decreased glutamate receptor binding and NMDA R1 gene expression in hippocampus of pilocarpine-induced epileptic rats: neuroprotective role of Bacopa monnieri extractReas Khan
Molecular Neurobiology and Cell Biology Unit, Centre for Neuroscience, Department of Biotechnology, Cochin University of Science and Technology, Cochin 682 022, Kerala, India
Epilepsy Behav 12:54-60. 2008..In association with pilocarpine-induced epilepsy, there was significant downregulation of NMDA R1 gene expression and glutamate receptor ..
- Local cerebral blood flow during lithium-pilocarpine seizures in the developing and adult rat: role of coupling between blood flow and metabolism in the genesis of neuronal damageAnne Pereira de Vasconcelos
Faculty of Medicine, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Strasbourg, France
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 22:196-205. 2002..Lithium-pilocarpine-induced status epilepticus is associated with extended damage in adult rats, mostly in the forebrain limbic ..
- Reactive oxygen species generated by NADPH oxidase are involved in neurodegeneration in the pilocarpine model of temporal lobe epilepsyRafaela R F Pestana
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP 05508 900, Brazil
Neurosci Lett 484:187-91. 2010..stress could have a role in the hippocampal neurodegeneration observed in temporal lobe epilepsy induced by pilocarpine. We first determined the spatio-temporal pattern of ROS generation, by means of detection with dihydroethidium ..
- Microinjection of GABAergic agents into the anterior nucleus of the thalamus modulates pilocarpine-induced seizures and status epilepticusSimone Bittencourt
Department of Physiology, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Seizure 19:242-6. 2010..We investigate whether microinjections of GABAergic agonists into the AN were protective against pilocarpine-induced generalized seizures and status epilepticus (SE)...
- Cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitor inhibits hippocampal synaptic reorganization in pilocarpine-induced status epilepticus ratsHai Ju Zhang
Department of Pediatrics, Renmin Hospital of Wuhan University, Wuhan 430060, China
J Zhejiang Univ Sci B 9:903-15. 2008To examine modulations caused by cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) inhibitors on altered microenvironments and overbalanced neurotransmitters in pilocarpine-induced epileptic status rats and to investigate possible mechanisms.
- Remodeling dendritic spines in the rat pilocarpine model of temporal lobe epilepsyM Isokawa
Brain Research Institute, Center for Health Sciences, University of California, Los Angeles 90024 1761, USA
Neurosci Lett 258:73-6. 1998..However, little is known when and how the degeneration occurs. In the present study of the rat pilocarpine model, visualization of dendrites of the hippocampal dentate granule cells (DGCs) by biocytin revealed a ..
- Increased partitioning of pilocarpine to the oily phase of submicron emulsion does not result in improved ocular bioavailabilityM Sznitowska
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Medical University of Gdansk, ul Hallera 107, 80 416, Gdansk, Poland
Int J Pharm 202:161-4. 2000Submicron emulsions containing pilocarpine as ion-pair with mono-dodecylphosphoric acid were prepared. Physical stability of these preparations was confirmed during 4 months of storage at 4 degrees C...
- Lovastatin reduces neuronal cell death in hippocampal CA1 subfield after pilocarpine-induced status epilepticus: preliminary resultsPauline Rangel
Laboratorio de Neurociencias, Núcleo de Pesquisas Tecnológicas, Universidade de Mogi das Cruzes, Mogi das Cruzes, SP, Brazil
Arq Neuropsiquiatr 63:972-6. 2005To further characterize the capacity of lovastatin to prevent hippocampal neuronal loss after pilocarpine-induced status epilepticus (SE) METHOD: Adult male Wistar rats were divided into four groups: (A) control rats, received neither ..
- Amelioration of water maze performance deficits by topiramate applied during pilocarpine-induced status epilepticus is negatively dose-dependentChristian Frisch
Department of Epileptology, University of Bonn Medical Center, Sigmund Freud Strasse 25, 53105 Bonn, Germany
Epilepsy Res 73:173-80. 2007..TPM) dose-dependently protects hippocampal CA1 and CA3 neurons during initial status epilepticus in the rat pilocarpine model of temporal lobe epilepsy by inhibition of mitochondrial transition pore opening...
- Physical training reverts hippocampal electrophysiological changes in rats submitted to the pilocarpine model of epilepsyRicardo Mario Arida
Laboratorio de Neurologia Experimental, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo Escola Paulista de Medicina UNIFESP EPM, Rua Botucatu 862, Vila Clementino, CEP 04023 900 Sao Paulo, Brazil
Physiol Behav 83:165-71. 2004..of aerobic exercise on "in vitro" hippocampal electrophysiological parameters observed in rats submitted to the pilocarpine model of epilepsy...
- Different effects of neuroprotectants FK-506 and cyclosporin A on susceptibility to pilocarpine-induced seizures in rats with brain injured at different developmental stagesZuzanna Setkowicz
Department of Neuroanatomy, Institute of Zoology, Jagiellonian University, 6 Ingardena St, Krakow 30060, Poland
Epilepsy Res 61:63-72. 2004..On postnatal day 60, all the animals received single i.p. pilocarpine injections to evoke epileptic seizures...
- Signaling pathways involved in pilocarpine-induced mucin secretion in rat submandibular glandsLucila Busch
Pharmacology Unit, School of Dentistry, University of Buenos Aires, Marcelo T de Alvear 2142 C1122AAH, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Life Sci 80:842-51. 2007We have studied the signaling pathways involved in pilocarpine-induced mucin release in rat submandibular slices. Pilocarpine produced a significant increment of PGE2 levels and a positive (r=0.8870) and significant (p=0...
- Laserinterferometric assessment of pilocarpine-induced movement of an accommodating intraocular lens: a randomized trialOliver Findl
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Vienna, Austria
Ophthalmology 111:1515-21. 2004To measure the axial movement of an accommodating intraocular lens (IOL) induced by ciliary muscle contraction after application of pilocarpine.
- Preferential neuron loss in the rat piriform cortex following pilocarpine-induced status epilepticusShaoyun Chen
Department of Anatomy, Toho University School of Medicine, Omori nishi 5 21 16, Ota ku, Tokyo 143 8540, Japan
Epilepsy Res 74:1-18. 2007..We used stereological methods to examine the specificity and extent of neuron loss in the PC of pilocarpine-treated rats...
- Effect of interictal spikes on single-cell firing patterns in the hippocampusJun li Zhou
Neuroscience Center at Dartmouth, Section of Neurology, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, New Hampshire, USA
Epilepsia 48:720-31. 2007..The purpose of this study was to determine the effect of IS on single-cell firing patterns in freely moving rats with a prior history of seizures...
- Effects of fluoxetine and venlafaxine and pilocarpine on rat parotid glandsSilvana da Silva
Department of Stomatology, School of Dentistry, Pontifical Catholic University of Parana, Curitiba Parana, Brazil
Med Chem 5:483-90. 2009..volume (CV), of rat parotid salivary glands and salivary flow rate (SFR), as well as the secretagogue action of pilocarpine on this flow...
- Prolonged infusion of tetrodotoxin does not block mossy fiber sprouting in pilocarpine-treated ratsPaul S Buckmaster
Department of Comparative Medicine, Stanford University, Palo Alto, California 94305 5342, USA
Epilepsia 45:452-8. 2004..The present study tested the hypothesis that prolonged, focal infusion of tetrodotoxin would block mossy fiber sprouting after an epileptogenic treatment...
- In vivo 1H magnetic resonance spectroscopy, T2-weighted and diffusion-weighted MRI during lithium-pilocarpine-induced status epilepticus in the ratPieter van Eijsden
Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery, Rudolf Magnus Institute of Neuroscience, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Brain Res 1030:11-8. 2004..In the rat lithium-pilocarpine model of SE, we performed quantified T(2)- and isotropic-diffusion-weighted (DW) magnetic resonance imaging (..
- Consequences of pilocarpine-induced recurrent seizures in neonatal ratsShi Xiu-Yu
Department of Pediatrics, Qilu Hospital, Shandong University, No 107, Wen Hua Xi Road, Jinan, Shandong 250012, China
Brain Dev 29:157-63. 2007..For seizure induction, neonatal Wistar rats were intraperitoneally injected with pilocarpine on postnatal day 1 (P1), P4 and P7...
- The GABA uptake inhibitor beta-alanine reduces pilocarpine-induced tremor and increases extracellular GABA in substantia nigra pars reticulata as measured by microdialysisKeita Ishiwari
Department of Psychology, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT 06269 1020, USA
J Neurosci Methods 140:39-46. 2004..related to tremor, the present study tested the GABA uptake blocker beta-alanine for its ability to reduce pilocarpine-induced tremulous jaw movements...
- Effects of ubiquinone on hydroperoxide concentration and antioxidant enzymatic activities in the rat hippocampus during pilocarpine-induced seizuresItala Mônica de Sales Santos
Laboratory Experimental Research in Biological Sciences, Federal University of Piaui, Piaui, Brazil
Brain Res 1315:33-40. 2010..the neuroprotective effects of UQ in rats, against the observed oxidative stress during seizures induced by pilocarpine. Wistar rats were treated with either 0.9% saline (i.p., control group), UQ (5, 10 or 20 mg/kg, i.p...
- Oral tremor induced by the muscarinic agonist pilocarpine is suppressed by the adenosine A2A antagonists MSX-3 and SCH58261, but not the adenosine A1 antagonist DPCPXLyndsey E Collins
Department of Psychology, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT 06269 1020, USA
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 94:561-9. 2010..investigated the ability of adenosine antagonists to reverse the tremorogenic effect of the muscarinic agonist pilocarpine. While the adenosine A(2A) antagonist MSX-3 was incapable of reversing the tremulous jaw movements induced by ..
- Volumetric magnetic resonance imaging of functionally relevant structural alterations in chronic epilepsy after pilocarpine-induced status epilepticus in ratsHeiko G Niessen
Department of Neurology II, Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg, Leipziger Strasse 44, 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Epilepsia 46:1021-6. 2005After pilocarpine-induced epilepsy in rats, volumetric magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) reveals significant morphologic changes in functionally relevant structures of the brain...
- Behavioral, biochemical and histological studies in a model of pilocarpine-induced spontaneous recurrent seizuresJanusz Szyndler
Department of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology, Medical University, 26 28 Krakowskie Przedmiescie Street, 00 927 Warsaw, Poland
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 81:15-23. 2005Although the presence of profound cognitive disturbances in lithium-pilocarpine-induced spontaneous recurrent seizures (SRS) has been well documented, much less is known about changes in emotional behavior, in this model of temporal lobe ..
- Facilitation of granule cell epileptiform activity by mossy fiber-released zinc in the pilocarpine model of temporal lobe epilepsyOlga Timofeeva
Department of Pharmacology and Cancer Biology, Box 3813, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Brain Res 1078:227-34. 2006..Hippocampal slices from rats that had experienced pilocarpine-induced status epilepticus and developed a recurrent mossy fiber pathway were used to investigate this ..
- Electroencephalogram functional connectivity between rat hippocampus and cortex after pilocarpine treatmentS Tejada
Department of Biologia Fonamental i Ciències de la Salut, University of the Balearic Islands, IUNICS, Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Neuroscience 165:621-31. 2010The muscarinic agonist pilocarpine has been shown to increase the duration and total number of episodes presenting theta rhythm-simultaneously in hippocampus and cortex-in rats during the waking states...
- Effects of latrunculin B on outflow facility, intraocular pressure, corneal thickness, and miotic and accommodative responses to pilocarpine in monkeysMehmet Okka
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Trans Am Ophthalmol Soc 102:251-7; discussion 257-9. 2004..topical latrunculin B (LAT-B) will increase outflow facility and decrease intraocular pressure (IOP) without adversely affecting the cornea, and inhibit miotic and accommodative responses to pilocarpine, in ocular normotensive monkeys.
- Evidences for pharmacokinetic interaction of riluzole and topiramate with pilocarpine in pilocarpine-induced seizures in ratsWojciech Zgrajka
Department of Toxicology, Institute of Agricultural Medicine, Lublin, Poland
Epilepsy Res 88:269-74. 2010In this study we investigated the effectiveness of two antiepileptic drugs: riluzole and topiramate against pilocarpine-induced seizures, which are considered to be a model of intractable epilepsy commonly used to investigate the ..
- Pyrrolidine dithiocarbamate protects the piriform cortex in the pilocarpine status epilepticus modelJonna Soerensen
Institute of Pharmacology, Toxicology, and Pharmacy, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Epilepsy Res 87:177-83. 2009..epilepticus-associated cell loss in the hippocampus and piriform cortex was evaluated in the rat fractionated pilocarpine model...
- Pilocarpine and other cholinergic drugs in the management of salivary gland dysfunctionM M Ferguson
Department of Oral Medicine and Oral Surgery, University of Otago, New Zealand
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol 75:186-91. 1993..Of the pharmacologic agents available, pilocarpine has been used extensively over the last century...
- Astroglial loss and edema formation in the rat piriform cortex and hippocampus following pilocarpine-induced status epilepticusJi Eun Kim
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, College of Medicine, Hallym University, Chunchon, Kangwon Do 200 702, South Korea
J Comp Neurol 518:4612-28. 2010..study we analyzed aquaporin-4 (AQP4) immunoreactivity in the piriform cortex (PC) and the hippocampus of pilocarpine-induced rat epilepsy model to elucidate the roles of AQP4 in brain edema following status epilepticus (SE)...
- CCR3, CCR2A and macrophage inflammatory protein (MIP)-1a, monocyte chemotactic protein-1 (MCP-1) in the mouse hippocampus during and after pilocarpine-induced status epilepticus (PISE) J H Xu
Epilepsy Research Lab, National Neuroscience Institute, Singapore
Neuropathol Appl Neurobiol 35:496-514. 2009..protein 1-alpha (MIP-1alpha), monocyte chemotactic protein-1 (MCP-1) in the normal mouse central nervous system (CNS) and in the hippocampus at different time points during and after pilocarpine-induced status epilepticus (PISE).
- Vesicular acetylcholine transporter knock-down mice are more susceptible to pilocarpine induced status epilepticusPatrícia A M Guidine
Nucleo de Neurociencias, Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Institute of Biological Sciences, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Avenida Antonio Carlos 6627, CEP 31270 901 Campus Pampulha, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Neurosci Lett 436:201-4. 2008The pilocarpine (PILO) animal model of Temporal Lobe Epilepsy (TLE) portrays the most common changes in hippocampal circuitry found in human TLE...
- Network hyperexcitability within the deep layers of the pilocarpine-treated rat entorhinal cortexPhilip de Guzman
Montreal Neurological Institute and Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery, McGill University, Montreal, QC H3A 2B4, Canada
J Physiol 586:1867-83. 2008..50 +/- 0.62 s) in the entorhinal cortex (EC) of brain slices obtained from pilocarpine-treated rats but not in those from age-matched, nonepileptic control (NEC) animals...
- Effects of benzodiazepine and pilocarpine on rat parotid glands: histomorphometric and sialometric studyM V Zaclikevis
Department of Stomatology, School of Dentistry, Pontificia Universidade Catolica do Parana, Rua Imaculada Conceição 1155, Prado Velho 80215 901, Curitiba Parana, Brazil
Med Chem 5:74-8. 2009Benzodiazepines are among the most frequently prescribed drugs and are often related with dry mouth. Pilocarpine is a cholinergic agonist that increases salivary flow rate and has been used to treat xerostomia...
- Mu-calpain mediates hippocampal neuron death in rats after lithium-pilocarpine-induced status epilepticusShuhua Wang
Department of Neurology, Qilu Hospital, Medical School of Shandong University, Jinan 250012, China
Brain Res Bull 76:90-6. 2008..In the current study, rats were induced SE by lithium-pilocarpine administration. Our data showed hippocampal neurons death appeared at 6h after SE and sustained for 7 days...
- Mechanism and Treatment of nerve agent-induced seizuresJaideep Kapur; Fiscal Year: 2007..Aim 3: To test anticonvulsant action of two classes of compounds in controlling lithium/pilocarpine and OP paraoxon-induced status epilepticus...
- QUANTITATIVE GENETIC STUDY OF SEIZURESThomas N Ferraro; Fiscal Year: 2010..MEST QTLs are captured by testing them with chemoconvulsants pentylenetetrazol (PTZ), kainic acid (KA) and pilocarpine (PC). QTLs will be prioritized for further dissection based upon the results from all paradigms...
- PHARMACOTHERAPY FOR XEROSTOMIA IN SJOGREN'S SYNDROMESAMUEL HOPKINS; Fiscal Year: 2005..including tear and saliva substitutes and centrally acting parasympathomimetic secretagogues such as pilocarpine and cevimeline, provide transient relief, but patients often find these remedies costly, ineffective, ..
- Neuroactive Steroid Therapy of Catamenial EpilepsyDOODIPALA REDDY; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will critically test this hypothesis using a rat pilocarpine model of temporal lobe epilepsy with SRS...
- GABA-A Receptor Gene Transfer to Prevent EpileptogenesisSHELLEY RUSSEK; Fiscal Year: 2004..Little is known, however, about the genetic mechanisms that regulate granule cells of adult rats following pilocarpine-induced status epilepticus (SE), it has yet to be demonstrated that these changes are either necessary or ..
- Efficacy of GluR5 Antogonists Against Soman-Induced Seizures and NeuropathologyMARIA BRAGA; Fiscal Year: 2007..have revealed that blockade of these receptors blocks epileptic seizures induced by the muscarinic agonist pilocarpine. As there are common mechanisms between pilocarpine-induced seizures and seizures induced by nerve agents, we ..
- Seizure-Induced Neurogenesis In The Dentate GyrusCHARLES RIBAK; Fiscal Year: 2007..structural changes occur in the hippocampal dentate granule cells of rodents after chemical (kainate or pilocarpine) or electrical (perforant path stimulation) induction of status epilepticus (SE)...
- REGULATION OF GLANDULAR MUCOUS CELL SECRETIONDAVID CULP; Fiscal Year: 2001..Current treatment for hyposalivation includes the systemic application of a muscarinic cholinergic agonist, pilocarpine, to directly stimulate remaining functional salivary secretory cells...
- EFFECTS OF LITHIUM ON CHOLINERGIC ACTIVITYRICHARD JOPE; Fiscal Year: 1990..3) Lithium potentiates the in vivo response of the CNS to the muscarinic agonist, pilocarpine, as seen by the seizures generated by these two drugs...
- Aberrant Neurogenesis in Experimental Temporal Lobe EpilepsyJack M Parent; Fiscal Year: 2010..Using the rat pilocarpine epilepsy model, we recently discovered that only developing, and not mature, DGCs are responsible for abnormal ..
- Aberrant Neurogenesis in Experimental Temporal Lobe EpilepsyJack Parent; Fiscal Year: 2009..Using the rat pilocarpine epilepsy model, we recently discovered that only developing, and not mature, DGCs are responsible for abnormal ..
- NEUROPHYSIOLOGICAL STUDY OF CA1 SYNAPTIC REORGANIZATIONJOSE CAVAZOS; Fiscal Year: 2003..We evaluated the Pilocarpine model, and we determined that although CA1 synaptic reorganization occurs, it was not robust enough for the ..
- EFFECTS OF LITHIUM ON CHOLINERGIC ACTIVITYRICHARD JOPE; Fiscal Year: 1999..Experiments involve EEG recordings of rats treated with lithium plus pilocarpine and dose-response studies with myo-inositol (icv and ip), comparisons with other inositol isomers, tests of the ..
- CHOLINERGIC MECHANISMS IN AGING AND ADLINCOLN POTTER; Fiscal Year: 2002..use by itself or in right hemi-PD, but is expected to alter responses to apomorphine (dopamine agonist), pilocarpine and xanomeline (muscarinic agonists)...
- Canonical Transient Receptor Potential Channels and ExcitotoxicityFang Zheng; Fiscal Year: 2010..To determine whether TRPC channels contribute to seizure and excitotoxicity in vivo, the well-established pilocarpine- induced limbic seizure model will be used...
- Counter Measures Against Acetylcholine Receptor Activated Status EpilepticusRobert DeLorenzo; Fiscal Year: 2007..The research proposed in this study will use the rodent pilocarpine model of SE that has been shown to produce SE in an essentially identical manner to nerve agents as an animal ..
- Canonical Transient Receptor Potential Channels and ExcitotoxicityFang Zheng; Fiscal Year: 2009..To determine whether TRPC channels contribute to seizure and excitotoxicity in vivo, the well-established pilocarpine- induced limbic seizure model will be used...
- A NEW CHLORIDE SWEAT TEST FOR CYSTIC FIBROSIS SCREENINGWARREN WARWICK; Fiscal Year: 2004..stimulation method and collection cycle time will be optimized by comparing three new methods of transporting pilocarpine to the sweat glands and comparing the results to the current iontophoresis method...
- Prostanoid modulators that reduce brain injury and inflammation after seizuresRaymond Dingledine; Fiscal Year: 2007..Prolonged status epilepticus (SE) induced by the muscarinic agonist, pilocarpine, triggers a similar series of molecular and cellular events in the rodent brain...
- Muscarinic regulation of plasticity in the brainGene Robinson; Fiscal Year: 2009..is based on the surprising, but robust, demonstration that treatment of caged bees with a muscarinic agonist, pilocarpine, results in brain plasticity identical to that produced by a week of real foraging experience. We will: 1...
- Muscarinic regulation of plasticity in the brainGene Robinson; Fiscal Year: 2007..is based on the surprising, but robust, demonstration that treatment of caged bees with a muscarinic agonist, pilocarpine, results in brain plasticity identical to that produced by a week of real foraging experience. We will: 1...