Genomes and Genes
Summary: An indolocarbazole that is a potent PROTEIN KINASE C inhibitor which enhances cAMP-mediated responses in human neuroblastoma cells. (Biochem Biophys Res Commun 1995;214(3):1114-20)
Publications334 found, 100 shown here
- Triggering of a novel intrinsic apoptosis pathway by the kinase inhibitor staurosporine: activation of caspase-9 in the absence of Apaf-1Joachim Manns
Department of Internal Medicine I, Institute for Medical Virology and Epidemiology of Viral Diseases, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
FASEB J 25:3250-61. 2011The protein kinase inhibitor staurosporine is one of the most potent and frequently used proapoptotic stimuli, although its mechanism of action is poorly understood...
- Staurosporine induces necroptotic cell death under caspase-compromised conditions in U937 cellsZsuzsanna A Dunai
1st Department of Pathology and Experimental Cancer Research, Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
PLoS ONE 7:e41945. 2012..Here we report that staurosporine, the classical inducer of intrinsic apoptotic pathway can induce necroptosis under caspase-compromised ..
- Protein kinase inhibition of clinically important staurosporine analoguesOsman A B S M Gani
The Norwegian Structural Biology Center, Institute of Chemistry, University of Tromsø, 9037, Tromsø, Norway
Nat Prod Rep 27:489-98. 2010The isolation in 1977 of the microbial alkaloid staurosporine inaugurated research into several distinct series of related natural and synthetic compounds...
- Staurosporine induces apoptosis of melanoma by both caspase-dependent and -independent apoptotic pathwaysXu Dong Zhang
Oncology and Immunology Unit, Newcastle Mater Hospital, Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
Mol Cancer Ther 3:187-97. 2004b>Staurosporine has long been used in vitro as an initiator of apoptosis in many different cell types, but the mechanism involved remains poorly understood...
- Modulation of fungal sensitivity to staurosporine by targeting proteins identified by transcriptional profilingAndreia S Fernandes
IBMC Instituto de Biologia Molecular e Celular, Portugal
Fungal Genet Biol 48:1130-8. 2011An analysis of the time-dependent genetic response to the death-inducer staurosporine was performed in Neurospora crassa by transcriptional profiling...
- SIRT3 protects from hypoxia and staurosporine-mediated cell death by maintaining mitochondrial membrane potential and intracellular pHL Pellegrini
Department of Experimental Medicine, Sapienza University of Rome, Rome, Italy
Cell Death Differ 19:1815-25. 2012..Here, we show that in mammalian cells subjected to hypoxia and staurosporine treatment SIRT3 prevents loss of mitochondrial membrane potential (ΔΨ(mt)), intracellular acidification and ..
- Staurosporine induces rapid homotypic intercellular adhesion of U937 cells via multiple kinase activationJae Youl Cho
Department of Immunology and Molecular Pathology, Windeyer Institute of Medical Sciences, University College London, 46 Cleveland Street, London W1T 4JF
Br J Pharmacol 140:269-76. 20031. Staurosporine is a broad-specificity kinase inhibitor, which has acted as lead compound for the development of some novel cytotoxic compounds for treatment of cancer...
- DIDS attenuates staurosporine-induced cardiomyocyte apoptosis by PI3K/Akt signaling pathway: activation of eNOS/NO and inhibition of Bax translocationAn Heng Liu
Department of Geriatrics, Xijing Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, China
Cell Physiol Biochem 22:177-86. 2008....
- Phase IIB trial of oral Midostaurin (PKC412), the FMS-like tyrosine kinase 3 receptor (FLT3) and multi-targeted kinase inhibitor, in patients with acute myeloid leukemia and high-risk myelodysplastic syndrome with either wild-type or mutated FLT3Thomas Fischer
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 44 Binney St, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:4339-45. 2010..Midostaurin (PKC412; N-benzoylstaurosporin) is a multitargeted tyrosine kinase inhibitor, with demonstrated activity in patients with AML/myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) with FLT3 mutations...
- The Chk1 protein kinase and the Cdc25C regulatory pathways are targets of the anticancer agent UCN-01P R Graves
Department of Cell Biology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Biol Chem 275:5600-5. 2000..Taken together our results identify the Chk1 kinase and the Cdc25C pathway as potential targets of G(2) checkpoint abrogation by UCN-01...
- Staurosporine induces apoptosis through both caspase-dependent and caspase-independent mechanismsC A Belmokhtar
INSERM U496, Centre G Hayem, , avenue Claude Vellefaux, 75010 Paris, France
Oncogene 20:3354-62. 2001..We report here that staurosporine, a well known inducer of apoptosis in a wide range of cell lines, displays distinct ability to trigger ..
- Calcium-independent phospholipase A2 localizes in and protects mitochondria during apoptotic induction by staurosporineKonstantin Seleznev
Division of Experimental Diabetes and Aging, Department of Geriatrics and Adult Development, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
J Biol Chem 281:22275-88. 2006..of mitochondrial function from damage caused by mitochondrially generated ROS during apoptotic induction by staurosporine (STS). We show that iPLA2-expressing cells were relatively resistant to STS-induced apoptosis...
- Effects of estrone on N-methyl-D-aspartic acid- and staurosporine-induced changes in caspase-3-like protease activity and lactate dehydrogenase-release: time- and tissue-dependent effects in neuronal primary culturesM Kajta
Department of Endocrinology, Institute of Pharmacology, Polish Academy of Sciences, Smetna 12, 31 343 Krakow, Poland
Neuroscience 123:515-26. 2004..present study we compared effects of estrone (100 and 500 nM) on N-methyl-D-aspartic acid (NMDA) (1 mM)- and staurosporine (1 microM)-induced caspase-3-like activity and lactate dehydrogenase (LDH)-release in primary cultures of rat ..
- Phosphorylation of Ser45 and Ser59 of αB-crystallin and p38/extracellular regulated kinase activity determine αB-crystallin-mediated protection of rat brain astrocytes from C2-ceramide- and staurosporine-induced cell deathRongyu Li
Institut fur Neurobiochemie, Otto von Guericke Universitat Magdeburg, Medizinische Fakultat, Magdeburg, Germany
J Neurochem 118:354-64. 2011..and protease-activated receptor (PAR) are involved in protection of astrocytes against C2-ceramide- and staurosporine-induced cell death [Li et al. (2009) J. Neurochem.110, 1433-1444]...
- Reactive oxygen species participate in the p38-mediated apoptosis induced by potassium deprivation and staurosporine in cerebellar granule neuronsYazmín Ramiro-Cortés
Division of Neuroscience, Institute of Cell Physiology, National University of Mexico, Mexico City, Mexico
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 43:1373-82. 2011Apoptosis induced by low potassium (K5) or staurosporine in cerebellar granule neurons triggers an increase in reactive oxygen species (ROS) levels...
- Cleavage at the caspase-6 site is required for neuronal dysfunction and degeneration due to mutant huntingtinRona K Graham
Department of Medical Genetics, Centre for Molecular Medicine and Therapeutics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC V5Z 4H4, Canada
Cell 125:1179-91. 2006..are protected against neurotoxicity induced by multiple stressors including NMDA, quinolinic acid (QA), and staurosporine. These results are consistent with proteolysis of htt at the caspase-6 cleavage site being an important event ..
- Silencing the constitutive active transcription factor CREB by the LKB1-SIK signaling cascadeYoshiko Katoh
Molecular Physiological Chemistry, Osaka University Medical School, Japan
FEBS J 273:2730-48. 2006..The inactivation of kinase cascades by 10 nm staurosporine in LKB1-positive HEK293 cells also induced unregulated, constitutively activated, CRE activity...
- Noncovalent wild-type-sparing inhibitors of EGFR T790MHo June Lee
Department of Discovery Oncology, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
Cancer Discov 3:168-81. 2013....
- Phase IB study of the FLT3 kinase inhibitor midostaurin with chemotherapy in younger newly diagnosed adult patients with acute myeloid leukemiaR M Stone
Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA, USA
Leukemia 26:2061-8. 2012..A phase III prospective trial is ongoing (CALGB 10603, NCT00651261)...
- Using combination therapy to override stromal-mediated chemoresistance in mutant FLT3-positive AML: synergism between FLT3 inhibitors, dasatinib/multi-targeted inhibitors and JAK inhibitorsE Weisberg
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Leukemia 26:2233-44. 2012..These results hint at a novel concept of using combination therapy to override drug resistance in mutant FLT3-positive AML in the bone marrow niche and suppress or eradicate residual disease...
- MAGI2 enhances the sensitivity of BEL-7404 human hepatocellular carcinoma cells to staurosporine-induced apoptosis by increasing PTEN stabilityXin Li
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, School of Basic Medical Science, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, P R China
Int J Mol Med 32:439-47. 2013..The cells were then treated with various doses of staurosporine (STS) for different periods of time...
- Down-regulation of DNA methyltransferase 3B in staurosporine-induced apoptosis and its mechanism in human hepatocarcinoma cell linesChao Zhao
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Mol Cell Biochem 376:111-9. 2013..We concluded here that STS-regulated DNMT3B gene expression via p-JNK and down-regulation of DNMT3B-mediated STS-induced apoptosis through the up-regulation p16 expression...
- Targeting Chk1 in p53-deficient triple-negative breast cancer is therapeutically beneficial in human-in-mouse tumor modelsCynthia X Ma
Section of Breast Oncology, Division of Oncology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110 1093, USA
J Clin Invest 122:1541-52. 2012..In addition, knockdown of p53 sensitized WU-BC3 tumors to the combination therapy. These results demonstrate that p53 is a major determinant of how TNBCs respond to therapies that combine DNA damage with Chk1 inhibition...
- Patients with acute myeloid leukemia and an activating mutation in FLT3 respond to a small-molecule FLT3 tyrosine kinase inhibitor, PKC412Richard M Stone
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Blood 105:54-60. 2005..PKC412 is an oral tyrosine kinase inhibitor with clinical activity in patients with AML whose blasts have an activating mutation of FLT3, suggesting potential use in combination with active agents, such as chemotherapy...
- Human alphaA- and alphaB-crystallins bind to Bax and Bcl-X(S) to sequester their translocation during staurosporine-induced apoptosisY W Mao
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Stratford, NJ, USA
Cell Death Differ 11:512-26. 2004..Here, we demonstrate that human alphaA- and alphaB-crystallins prevent staurosporine-induced apoptosis through interactions with members of the Bcl-2 family...
- beta-Adrenoceptor blockers protect against staurosporine-induced apoptosis in SH-SY5Y neuroblastoma cellsMaya Mikami
Department of Anesthesiology, Columbia University P and S, New York, NY 10032, USA
Eur J Pharmacol 589:14-21. 2008..and ICI 118551 (1-[2,3-(dihydro-7-methyl-1H-iden-4-yl)oxy]-3-[(1-methylethyl)amino]-2-butanol), against staurosporine-induced apoptosis in SH-SY5Y human neuroblastoma cells...
- Abrogation of the Chk1-mediated G(2) checkpoint pathway potentiates temozolomide-induced toxicity in a p53-independent manner in human glioblastoma cellsY Hirose
Brain Tumor Research Center, Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California-San Francisco, 2340 Sutter Street, San Francisco, CA 94143-0875, USA
Cancer Res 61:5843-9. 2001..Furthermore, inhibition of the cytoprotective G(2) arrest pathway sensitizes cells to TMZ-induced cytotoxicity and may represent a novel, mechanism-based means of increasing TMZ efficacy in both p53 wild-type and p53 mutant glioma cells...
- Defective p53 signaling in p53 wild-type tumors attenuates p21waf1 induction and cyclin B repression rendering them sensitive to Chk1 inhibitors that abrogate DNA damage-induced S and G2 arrestAime A Levesque
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology and Norris Cotton Cancer Center, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 7:252-62. 2008....
- Dose- and time-dependent pharmacokinetics of midostaurin in patients with diabetes mellitusYanfeng Wang
Oncology Clinical Pharmacology, Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation, 180 Park Ave, Florham Park, NJ 07932 0675, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 48:763-75. 2008..The most common treatment-related adverse events (eg, loose stools, nausea, vomiting, and headache) were found to be dose related, and the frequency increased markedly above the 150-mg/day dose level...
- The serine/threonine kinase Pim-2 is a transcriptionally regulated apoptotic inhibitorCasey J Fox
Abramson Family Cancer Research Institute, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Genes Dev 17:1841-54. 2003..These results establish Pim-2 as a direct link between growth factor-induced transcription and a novel, kinase-dependent pathway that promotes cell-autonomous survival...
- Prevention of apoptosis by Bcl-2: release of cytochrome c from mitochondria blockedJ Yang
Department of Biochemistry, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Science 275:1129-32. 1997..Overexpression of Bcl-2 prevented the efflux of cytochrome c from the mitochondria and the initiation of apoptosis. Thus, one possible role of Bcl-2 in prevention of apoptosis is to block cytochrome c release from mitochondria...
- Induction of the mitochondrial permeability transition mediates the killing of HeLa cells by staurosporineM Tafani
Department of Pathology, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
Cancer Res 61:2459-66. 2001The role of the mitochondrial permeability transition (MPT) in the killing of HeLa cells by staurosporine (STR) was assessed with the use of bongkrekic acid (BK), an inhibitor of the MPT...
- Estrogen receptor alpha inhibits p53-mediated transcriptional repression: implications for the regulation of apoptosisAejaz Sayeed
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York 14263, USA
Cancer Res 67:7746-55. 2007..in reduced Survivin expression and enhanced the propensity of MCF-7 cells to undergo apoptosis in response to staurosporine treatment, an effect that was blocked by exogenous expression of Survivin...
- Spatiotemporal activation of caspase-dependent and -independent pathways in staurosporine-induced apoptosis of p53wt and p53mt human cervical carcinoma cellsMagali Nicolier
CHU Jean Minjoz, EA 3181, IFR 133, Universite de Franche Comte, UFR Médecine et Pharmacie, Besancon, France
Biol Cell 101:455-67. 2009..has reported that p53 is a key contributor of mitochondrial apoptosis in cervical carcinoma cells after staurosporine exposure...
- Staurosporine induces endothelial cell apoptosis via focal adhesion kinase dephosphorylation and focal adhesion disassembly independent of focal adhesion kinase proteolysisJahangir Kabir
Department of Medicine, BHF Laboratories, University College London, 5 University Street, London WC1E 6JJ, U K
Biochem J 367:145-55. 2002..phosphorylation and proteolysis during apoptosis of primary porcine aortic endothelial cells (PAEC) induced by staurosporine, a widely used apoptogenic agent in diverse cell types...
- PUMA induction by FoxO3a mediates the anticancer activities of the broad-range kinase inhibitor UCN-01Crissy Dudgeon
Department of Pharmacology and Chemical Biology, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 9:2893-902. 2010..In this study, we found that UCN-01, a staurosporine analogue and broad-range kinase inhibitor used in clinical trials, inhibits colon cancer cell growth by ..
- Fission yeast genes that confer resistance to staurosporine encode an AP-1-like transcription factor and a protein kinase related to the mammalian ERK1/MAP2 and budding yeast FUS3 and KSS1 kinasesT Toda
Department of Biophysics, Faculty of Science, Kyoto University, Japan
Genes Dev 5:60-73. 1991b>Staurosporine, a potent inhibitor of protein kinase C, arrests fission yeast cell elongation specifically at a stage immediately after cell division...
- Preclinical and clinical development of cyclin-dependent kinase modulatorsA M Senderowicz
DTP Clinical Trials Unit, Developmental Therapeutics Program, Division of Cancer Treatment and Diagnosis, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 92:376-87. 2000..Thus, modulation of cdk activity is an attractive target for cancer chemotherapy, and several agents that modulate cdk activity are in or are approaching entry into clinical trials...
- Activity of the tyrosine kinase inhibitor PKC412 in a patient with mast cell leukemia with the D816V KIT mutationJason Gotlib
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology, Stanford University, Stanford Cancer Center, 875 Blake Wilbur Dr, Rm 2327B, Stanford, CA 94305 5821, USA
Blood 106:2865-70. 2005..This case indicates that KIT tyrosine kinase inhibition is a feasible approach in SM, but single-agent clinical efficacy may be limited by clonal evolution in the advanced leukemic phase of this disease...
- JNK- and p38 kinase-mediated phosphorylation of Bax leads to its activation and mitochondrial translocation and to apoptosis of human hepatoma HepG2 cellsBong Jo Kim
Laboratory of Membrane Biochemistry and Biophysics, National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 281:21256-65. 2006..Phosphorylation of Bax by JNK and p38 kinase activated after treatment with staurosporine, H(2)O(2), etoposide, and UV light was demonstrated by the shift in the pI value of Bax on two-dimensional ..
- Divergent cytotoxic effects of PKC412 in combination with conventional antileukemic agents in FLT3 mutation-positive versus -negative leukemia cell linesY Furukawa
Department of Stem Cell Regulation, Center for Molecular Medicine, Jichi Medical School, Tochigi, Japan
Leukemia 21:1005-14. 2007..Our findings may be of help for the design of PKC412-based combination chemotherapy...
- Staurosporine, a potent inhibitor of phospholipid/Ca++dependent protein kinaseT Tamaoki
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 135:397-402. 1986b>Staurosporine, microbial alkaloid which has been known to have antifungal activity was found to inhibit markedly phospholipid/Ca++dependent protein kinase (protein kinase C) from rat brain, with an IC50 value of 2.7 nM...
- Apoptotic mechanisms in T47D and MCF-7 human breast cancer cellsL M Mooney
Institute for Cancer Studies, Division of Genomic Medicine, Medical School, University of Sheffield, Sheffield S10 2RX, UK
Br J Cancer 87:909-17. 2002To investigate the mechanisms underlying apoptosis in breast cancer cells, staurosporine was used as an apoptotic stimulus in the human breast cancer cell lines MCF-7 and T47D...
- Calpain-mediated cleavage of Atg5 switches autophagy to apoptosisShida Yousefi
Department of Pharmacology, University of Bern, CH 3010 Bern, Switzerland
Nat Cell Biol 8:1124-32. 2006..Taken together, calpain-mediated Atg5 cleavage provokes apoptotic cell death, therefore, represents a molecular link between autophagy and apoptosis--a finding with potential importance for clinical anticancer therapies...
- Dissecting temporal and spatial control of cytokinesis with a myosin II InhibitorAaron F Straight
Department of Cell Biology and Institute of Chemistry and Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, 250 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Science 299:1743-7. 2003..Continuous signals from microtubules are required to maintain the position of the cleavage furrow, and these signals control the localization of myosin II independently of other furrow components...
- An increase in intracellular Ca2+ is required for the activation of mitochondrial calpain to release AIF during cell deathE Norberg
Institute of Environmental Medicine, Division of Toxicology, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Cell Death Differ 15:1857-64. 2008..Hence, import of extracellular Ca(2+) into staurosporine-treated cells caused the activation of a calpain, located in the intermembrane space of mitochondria...
- Apoptosis induced by staurosporine alters chaperone and endoplasmic reticulum proteins: Identification by quantitative proteomicsDuncan M Short
Astellas CNS Research in Edinburgh ACE, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
Proteomics 7:3085-96. 2007..proteomics approach has been employed to define alterations in protein levels in apoptosis induced with staurosporine (STS). Human neuroblastoma derived SH-SY5Y cells were treated with STS (500 nM for 6 h) to induce apoptosis...
- Human Scythe contains a functional nuclear localization sequence and remains in the nucleus during staurosporine-induced apoptosisS T Manchen
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Windsor, Windsor, Ontario, N9B 3P4, Canada
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 287:1075-82. 2001..Furthermore, induction of apoptosis by staurosporine does not cause redistribution or cleavage of Scythe, suggesting that Scythe remains localized in the nucleus ..
- Caspase-3-mediated processing of poly(ADP-ribose) glycohydrolase during apoptosisE B Affar
Health and Environment Unit, Laval University Medical Research Center, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Quebec, Canada
J Biol Chem 276:2935-42. 2001..In this work, we report that PARG is cleaved during etoposide-, staurosporine-, and Fas-induced apoptosis in human cells...
- Staurosporine inhibits protein kinase C and prevents phorbol ester-mediated leukotriene D4 receptor desensitization in RBL-1 cellsR V Vegesna
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Smith Kline and French Laboratories, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19101
Mol Pharmacol 33:537-42. 1988The aim of the present study was to investigate the effects of staurosporine on phorbol-myristate acetate (PMA)-induced activation of protein kinase C (PKC) and the desensitization of leukotriene D4 (LTD4)-stimulated Ca2+ mobilization in ..
- Staurosporine induces apoptosis and necroptosis in cultured rat astrocytesJanez Simenc
Medical Faculty, Institute of Pharmacology and Experimental Toxicology, University of Ljubljana, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Drug Chem Toxicol 35:399-405. 2012..In this study, apoptosis and necroptosis were induced in cultured rat astrocytes by staurosporine. When a low concentration (10(-7) M) of staurosporine was applied, a significantly increased proportion of ..
- Staurosporine inhibits phosphorylation of translational regulators linked to mTORA R Tee
School of Life Sciences, Medical Sciences Institute Wellcome Trust Building Complex, University of Dundee, Dow Street, Dundee, DD1 5EH, UK
Cell Death Differ 8:841-9. 2001Treatment of Swiss 3T3 cells with staurosporine resulted in dephosphorylation of two proteins which play key roles in regulating mRNA translation. This occurred before the execution of apoptosis, assessed by caspase-3 activity...
- Staurosporine-induced apoptosis in astrocytes is prevented by A1 adenosine receptor activationPatrizia Ballerini
Department of Biomedical Sciences, G D Annunzio University, Chieti, Italy
Neurosci Lett 418:66-71. 2007..Our research shows that rat astrocyte exposure to 100 nM staurosporine for 3h caused apoptotic death accompanied by caspase-3, p38 mitogen-ed protein kinase (MAPK) and glycogen ..
- Protein kinase C inhibitorsHelen C Swannie
CRC Department of Medical Oncology, Royal Marsden Hospital, Sutton, Surrey, UK SM2 5NG
Curr Oncol Rep 4:37-46. 2002..This paper reviews the rationale for using PKC inhibitors in cancer therapy, the challenges for clinical trial design, and the recent clinical experience with modulators of PKC activity...
- Phase I and pharmacokinetic study of PKC412, an inhibitor of protein kinase CD J Propper
Cancer Research Campaign Department of Medical Oncology, Beatson Oncology Centre, Glasgow, UK
J Clin Oncol 19:1485-92. 2001PURPOSE: N-Benzoyl staurosporine (PKC412) is a protein kinase C inhibitor with antitumor activity in laboratory models. We determined the toxicity of oral PKC412 administered daily for repeat cycles of 28 days...
- Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-1 protects human neurons from staurosporine and HIV-1-induced apoptosis: mechanisms and relevance to HIV-1-associated dementia- Ashutosh
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, University of North Texas Health Science Center, Fort Worth, TX 76107, USA
Cell Death Dis 3:e332. 2012..In this study, we report that staurosporine (STS) and HIV-1(ADA) virus, both led to induction of apoptosis in cultured primary human neurons...
- Staurosporine-induced cell death in salmonid cells: the role of apoptotic volume decrease, ion fluxes and MAP kinase signalingGerhard Krumschnabel
Department of Ecophysiology, Institute of Zoology, University of Innsbruck, Technikerstrasse 25, Innsbruck, 6020, Austria
Apoptosis 12:1755-68. 2007..In salmonid hepatoma and gill cells staurosporine induced apoptosis, as assessed by activation of effector caspases, nuclear condensation, and a decrease of ..
- Staurosporine-induced apoptosis presents with unexpected cholinergic effects in a differentiated neuroblastoma cell lineGuangfeng Li
Department of Pharmacology, Goethe University Frankfurt, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Neurochem Int 61:1011-20. 2012..SH-SY5Y neuroblastoma cells differentiated to the cholinergic phenotype were exposed to 100nM staurosporine. Over a treatment period of 24h, the pro- and anti-apoptotic factors, caspase-3 and Bcl-2, as well as LDH ..
- Memantine attenuates staurosporine-induced activation of caspase-3 and LDH release in mouse primary neuronal culturesDanuta Jantas-Skotniczna
Department of Experimental Neuroendocrinology, Institute of Pharmacology, Polish Academy of Sciences, Smetna 12, 31 343 Krakow, Poland
Brain Res 1069:145-53. 2006..elucidate this problem, we investigated effect of memantine, an uncompetitive NMDA receptor antagonist and staurosporine alone and in combination on caspase-3 activity and lactate dehydrogenase (LDH) release in primary hippocampal, ..
- Staurosporine induces megakaryocytic differentiation through the upregulation of JAK/Stat3 signaling pathwayHsuan Yu Peng
Department of Biochemical Science and Technology, National Chiayi University, Chiayi 600, Taiwan
Ann Hematol 90:1017-29. 2011..b>Staurosporine (STS) is an inhibitor of protein kinase C (PKC) with an inhibitory effect on cancer cells through apoptosis ..
- Rotenone enhances the antifungal properties of staurosporineAna Castro
Instituto de Biologia Molecular e Celular, Universidade do Porto, Rua do Campo Alegre 823, Porto, Portugal
Eukaryot Cell 9:906-14. 2010We studied staurosporine-induced cell death in the filamentous fungus Neurospora crassa...
- Inhibition of Drp1-dependent mitochondrial fragmentation and apoptosis by a polypeptide antagonist of calcineurinG M Cereghetti
Department of Cellular Physiology and Metabolism, University of Geneva, Switzerland
Cell Death Differ 17:1785-94. 2010..Cells expressing PPD1 display enhanced clonogenic ability after exposure to staurosporine. A genetic analysis revealed that the activity of PPD1 is independent of the BH3-only protein BAD, another ..
- Profilin 1 potentiates apoptosis induced by staurosporine in cancer cellsW Yao
Department of Pancreas and Hepatobiliary Surgery, Fudan University Shanghai Cancer Center, Shanghai, 200032, P R China
Curr Mol Med 13:417-28. 2013..Further studies showed that mutant p53R273H was involved in apoptosis induced by Staurosporine (STS) via transcription-independent mitochondrial functions...
- FLT3-mutant allelic burden and clinical status are predictive of response to FLT3 inhibitors in AMLKeith W Pratz
Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Blood 115:1425-32. 2010..These results have important implications for the potential therapeutic use of FLT3 inhibitors in that patients with newly diagnosed FLT3-mutant AML might be less likely to respond clinically to highly selective FLT3 inhibition...
- Staurosporine-induced apoptosis in human cornea epithelial cells in vitroSteffen Hartel
University of Bremen, Institute of Biophysics, Bremen, Germany
Cytometry A 55:15-23. 2003..Additionally, we introduce a sensitive analysis of confocal microscopic images to measure the kinetics of staurosporine (STS) induced phosphatidylserine (PS) membrane translocation and early nuclear morphological changes.
- Mechanisms of staurosporine induced apoptosis in a human corneal endothelial cell lineG Thuret
Cell Death and Neoplasia Laboratory, EA 3063, University of Saint Etienne, France
Br J Ophthalmol 87:346-52. 2003..The response of a human corneal endothelial cell (HCEC) line to staurosporine, a known inducer of apoptosis, was investigated to gain insights into the intracellular modulators that ..
- Apoptotic marker expression in the absence of cell death in staurosporine-treated Leishmania donovaniAude L Foucher
Institut Pasteur CNRS URA2581, Unité de Parasitology Moléculaire et Signalisation, Paris, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 57:1252-61. 2013..Here, we used the generic protein kinase inhibitor staurosporine to gain insight into how interference with phosphotransferase activities affects the viability, growth, and ..
- Premature chromosome condensation induced by caffeine, 2-aminopurine, staurosporine and sodium metavanadate in S-phase arrested HeLa cells is associated with a decrease in Chk1 phosphorylation, formation of phospho-H2AX and minor cytoskeletal rearrangemenDorota Rybaczek
Department of Cytophysiology, University of Łódź, Pilarskiego 14, 90 231, Łódź, Poland
Histochem Cell Biol 135:263-80. 2011..Additionally, we show that caffeine, 2-aminopurine, staurosporine and sodium metavanadate can induce premature chromosome condensation (PCC) by the abrogation of the S-M ..
- Protein kinase inhibition by staurosporine revealed in details of the molecular interaction with CDK2A M Lawrie
Nat Struct Biol 4:796-801. 1997b>Staurosporine exhibits nanomolar IC50 values against a wide range of protein kinases...
- Smac mimetics: implications for enhancement of targeted therapies in leukemiaE Weisberg
Department of Medical Oncology Hematologic Neoplasia, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Leukemia 24:2100-9. 2010..These results support the idea of using IAP inhibitors in conjunction with targeted tyrosine kinase inhibition to override drug resistance and suppress or eradicate residual disease...
- Caspase-3 is required for alpha-fodrin cleavage but dispensable for cleavage of other death substrates in apoptosisR U Jänicke
Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, The National University of Singapore, 30 Medical Dr, Singapore 117609, Republic of Singapore
J Biol Chem 273:15540-5. 1998..Tumor necrosis factor- or staurosporine-induced apoptosis of caspase-3-deficient MCF-7 cells resulted in cleavage of the death substrates PARP, Rb, ..
- UCN-01 (7-hydoxystaurosporine) inhibits in vivo growth of human cancer cells through selective perturbation of G1 phase checkpoint machineryS Abe
Department of Surgery, School of Medicine, Keio University, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160-8582, Japan
Jpn J Cancer Res 92:537-45. 2001..In conclusion, it appears that a determining factor of in vivo UCN-01 sensitivity involves the balance of CDK2 kinase activity and p21 protein induction, resulting in augmented pRb phosphorylation, G1 cell cycle arrest and apoptosis...
- A phase II study of cell cycle inhibitor UCN-01 in patients with metastatic melanoma: a California Cancer Consortium trialTianhong Li
Division of Hematology and Oncology, University of California Davis Cancer Center, 4501 X Street, Suite 3016, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Invest New Drugs 30:741-8. 2012..No dose modification was required as these patients had disease progression. Conclusion Although well tolerated, UCN-01 as a single agent did not have sufficient clinical activity to warrant further study in refractory melanoma...
- Neuroprotection of microglia conditioned media from apoptotic death induced by staurosporine and glutamate in cultures of rat cerebellar granule cellsSimona Eleuteri
Department of Biology, University of Bologna, Via Selmi 3, 40126 Bologna, Italy
Neurosci Lett 448:74-8. 2008..exposed to apoptotic neurons, towards neuroprotection of rat cerebellar granule cells (CGCs) challenged with staurosporine or glutamate...
- Inhibition of FLT3 in MLL. Validation of a therapeutic target identified by gene expression based classificationScott A Armstrong
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cancer Cell 3:173-83. 2003..Finally, we developed a mouse model of MLL and used bioluminescent imaging to determine that PKC412 is active against MLL in vivo...
- Staurosporine sensitizes T lymphoma cells to glucocorticoid-induced apoptosis: role of Nur77 and Bcl-2Shlomit Kfir
The Lautenberg Center of Immunology, Institute of Medical Research, Faculty of Medicine, Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel
Cell Cycle 6:3086-96. 2007..Here we demonstrate that the broad-acting kinase inhibitor staurosporine (STS) confers GC-sensitivity on GC-resistant T lymphoma cells expressing elevated levels of either Bcl-2 or ..
- Regulation of mitochondrial Smac/DIABLO-selective release by survivinG Ceballos-Cancino
Molecular Biology Laboratory, Subdireccion de Investigacion Basica, Instituto Nacional de Cancerologia, Tlalpan, Mexico City, Mexico
Oncogene 26:7569-75. 2007..These results provide an explanation for the observed differences in the release of mitochondrial intermembrane proteins in various apoptotic models and present a new mechanism for the anti-apoptotic effects of survivin in cancer cells...
- Blockade of adenosine A(2A) receptors prevents staurosporine-induced apoptosis of rat hippocampal neuronsCarla G Silva
Center for Neuroscience of Coimbra, Institute of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, University of Coimbra, 3004 504 Coimbra, Portugal
Neurobiol Dis 27:182-9. 2007..noxious brain insults involving apoptosis, we directly tested if A(2A)R blockade prevents apoptosis induced by staurosporine (STS)...
- Activity-dependent and -independent nuclear fluxes of HDAC4 mediated by different kinases in adult skeletal muscleYewei Liu
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Cell Biol 168:887-97. 2005..shuttling of HDAC4-GFP in unstimulated resting fibers was not altered by KN-62, but was blocked by staurosporine, indicating that different kinases underlie nuclear efflux of HDAC4 in resting and stimulated muscle fibers.
- Upregulation of survivin in G2/M cells and inhibition of caspase 9 activity enhances resistance in staurosporine-induced apoptosisAnmol Chandele
National Centre for Cell Science, NCCS Complex, Ganeshkhind, Pune 411 007, India
Neoplasia 6:29-40. 2004..In this study, we demonstrate a phase-specific resistance due to survivin in staurosporine (STS)-induced apoptosis in the human neuroblastoma cell line SK-N-MC...
- Modulation of cell cycle progression in human tumors: a pharmacokinetic and tumor molecular pharmacodynamic study of cisplatin plus the Chk1 inhibitor UCN-01 (NSC 638850)Raymond P Perez
Section of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Dartmouth Medical School, Norris Cotton Cancer Center, Lebanon, New Hampshire 03756, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:7079-85. 2006..A phase I trial tested the hypothesis that UCN-01 abrogates cisplatin-induced cell cycle arrest (in tumors) at tolerable doses...
- Staurosporine-induced apoptosis and hydrogen peroxide-induced necrosis in two human breast cell linesA L McKeague
School of Biology and Biochemistry, The Queen s University of Belfast, 97 Lisburn Road, Belfast BT9 7BL, Northern Ireland, UK
Br J Cancer 88:125-31. 2003..b>Staurosporine (SSP)-induced apoptosis and H(2)O(2)-induced necrosis were evaluated by two cytotoxicity assays, neutral red (..
- Inhibition of staurosporine-induced apoptosis of endothelial cells by activated protein C requires protease-activated receptor-1 and endothelial cell protein C receptorLaurent O Mosnier
Department of Molecular and Experimental Medicine, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Biochem J 373:65-70. 2003In a model of staurosporine-induced apoptosis using EAhy926 endothelial cells, inhibition of apoptosis by activated protein C was dose-dependent and required the enzyme's active site, implicating activated protein C-mediated proteolysis...
- Distinct roles for p53 transactivation and repression in preventing UCN-01-mediated abrogation of DNA damage-induced arrest at S and G2 cell cycle checkpointsAime A Levesque
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
Oncogene 24:3786-96. 2005..These studies provide a mechanistic explanation for how this therapeutic strategy can selectively target tumor cells...
- Heterogeneous apoptotic responses of prostate cancer cell lines identify an association between sensitivity to staurosporine-induced apoptosis, expression of Bcl-2 family members, and caspase activationM Marcelli
Departments of Medicine, Molecular and Cellular Biology, Veterans Administration Medical Center and Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Prostate 42:260-73. 2000..The goal of this work was to identify mechanisms for the inability of metastatic prostate cancer cells to engage the apoptotic pathway following hormonal or cytotoxic therapy...
- A Phase 1 study of UCN-01 in combination with irinotecan in patients with resistant solid tumor malignanciesPaula M Fracasso
Department of Internal Medicine, Alvin J Siteman Cancer Center and Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 67:1225-37. 2011..We conducted a Phase I study to determine the maximum-tolerated dose (MTD), dose-limiting toxicity (DLT), pharmacokinetic, and pharmacodynamic effects of UCN-01 and irinotecan in patients with resistant solid tumors...
- Salt-inducible kinase is involved in the regulation of corticotropin-releasing hormone transcription in hypothalamic neurons in ratsYing Liu
Section on Endocrine Physiology, Developmental Endocrinology Branch, Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, 10 Center Drive, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Endocrinology 153:223-33. 2012..Conversely, the nonselective SIK inhibitor, staurosporine, increased nuclear TORC2 content and stimulated CRH transcription in 4Bcells and primary neuronal cultures (..
- A role for Chk2 in DNA damage induced mitotic delays in human colorectal cancer cellsHanne Varmark
Program in Cell and Developmental Dynamics, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA, USA
Cell Cycle 9:312-20. 2010..However, prolonged G(2) arrest with DNA damage can trigger Chk2 independent mitotic delays that may be secondary to kinetochore disruption...
- Extracts of Cynomorium songaricum protect SK-N-SH human neuroblastoma cells against staurosporine-induced apoptosis potentially through their radical scavenging activityYi Lu
Beijing University of Chinese Medicine, 100029, Beijing, China
Phytother Res 23:257-61. 2009..This study evaluated the protective effect of different extracts of C. songaricum on staurosporine-induced apoptotic cell death in SK-N-SH neuroblastoma cells...
- Overexpression of BCL-X(L) underlies the molecular basis for resistance to staurosporine-induced apoptosis in PC-3 cellsX Li
Department of Medicne, Baylor College of Medicine, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Houston 77030, USA
Cancer Res 61:1699-706. 2001..cancer cell lines LNCaP but not PC-3 cells undergo apoptosis after treatment with the protein kinase inhibitor staurosporine (STS)...
- Retinoic acid potentiated the protective effect of NGF against staurosporine-induced apoptosis in cultured chick neurons by increasing the trkA protein expressionB Ahlemeyer
Institut fur Pharmakologie und Toxikologie, Fachbereich Pharmazie der Philipps Universität Marburg, Marburg, Germany
J Neurosci Res 60:767-78. 2000..When chick embryonic neurons were exposed to staurosporine (200 nM, 24 hr), the percentage of apoptotic neurons increased from 15% in controls to 80%, but the treatment ..
- Phase I and pharmacokinetic study of UCN-01 in combination with irinotecan in patients with solid tumorsAntonio Jimeno
The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center, Johns Hopkins University, Cancer Research Building I, Baltimore, MD, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 61:423-33. 2008....
- Mitochondrial outer membrane permeability change and hypersensitivity to digitonin early in staurosporine-induced apoptosisShili Duan
Division of Biology, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena 91125, USA
J Biol Chem 278:1346-53. 2003We have shown here that the apoptosis inducer staurosporine causes an early decrease in the endogenous respiration rate in intact 143B.TK(-) cells...
- The cell cycle inhibitor p57(Kip2) promotes cell death via the mitochondrial apoptotic pathwayP Vlachos
Karolinska Institutet, Institute of Environmental Medicine, 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Cell Death Differ 14:1497-507. 2007..selective p57(Kip2) expression sensitizes cancer cells to apoptotic agents such as cisplatin, etoposide and staurosporine (STS) via a mechanism, which does not require p57(Kip2)-mediated inhibition of CDK...
- Identifying and characterizing a novel activating mutation of the FLT3 tyrosine kinase in AMLJingrui Jiang
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 44 Binney St, D720C, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Blood 104:1855-8. 2004..These results suggest that mutations at N841 represent a significant new activating mutation in patients with AML and that patients with such mutations may respond to small-molecule FLT3 inhibitors such as PKC412...
- Treatment with extracellular HSP70/HSC70 protein can reduce polyglutamine toxicity and aggregationTatiana V Novoselova
Laboratory of Cell Protection Mechanisms, Institute of Cytology Russian Academy of Science, St Petersburg, Russia
J Neurochem 94:597-606. 2005....
- A pro-apoptotic effect of the CDK inhibitor p57(Kip2) on staurosporine-induced apoptosis in HeLa cellsMagnus K R Samuelsson
Department of Medical Nutrition, Karolinska Institutet, Huddinge University Hospital, Novum, Huddinge SE 141 86, Sweden
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 296:702-9. 2002..Here, we report that selective expression of the third member in this family, p57(Kip2), potentiated staurosporine-induced apoptosis in HeLa cells. This pro-apoptotic effect was associated with an increased caspase-3 activity...
- Inhibition of mutant FLT3 receptors in leukemia cells by the small molecule tyrosine kinase inhibitor PKC412Ellen Weisberg
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Cancer Cell 1:433-43. 2002..PKC412 is a potent inhibitor of mutant FLT3 and is a candidate for testing as an antileukemia agent in AML patients with mutant FLT3 receptors...
- Neuroprotection signaling pathway of nerve growth factor and brain-derived neurotrophic factor against staurosporine induced apoptosis in hippocampal H19-7/IGF-IR [corrected]Truong L X Nguyen
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Samsung Biomedical Research Institute, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Suwon, Korea
Exp Mol Med 42:583-95. 2010..of the phosphatidyl inositol 3 kinase (PI3K)/Akt pathway is critical for protection of hippocampal cells from staurosporine (STS) induced apoptosis, characterized by nuclear condensation and activation of the caspase cascade...
- The prevention of the staurosporine-induced apoptosis by Bcl-X(L), but not by Bcl-2 or caspase inhibitors, allows the extensive differentiation of human neuroblastoma cellsVictor J Yuste
Grup de Neurobiologia Molecular, Departament de Ciencies Mediques Basiques, Universitat de Lleida, Lleida, Spain
J Neurochem 80:126-39. 2002b>Staurosporine is one of the best apoptotic inducers in different cell types including neuroblastomas...
- Electrophoretic characterization of ribosomal subunits and proteins in apoptosis: specific downregulation of S11 in staurosporine-treated human breast carcinoma cellsD Nadano
Molecular Oncology Laboratory, RIKEN (Institute of Physical and Chemical Research, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-0074, Japan
Biochemistry 40:15184-93. 2001..gel to evaluate ribosomal subunits in apoptotic cells (human breast carcinoma MCF-7 cells treated with staurosporine and human 293T cells irradiated with ultraviolet light were used in addition to the two apoptosis systems ..
- Bc12 regulates osteoclast survivalJunro Yamashita; Fiscal Year: 2010..are normal in their cellular activity, such as proliferation, differentiation, mineral formation, and staurosporine-induced apoptosis...
- Neuronal survival, HIV-1 and Astrocyte TIMP-1Anuja Ghorpade; Fiscal Year: 2013..Further, neurotoxicity assays were performed using staurosporine, macrophage-tropic HIV-1 virus and glutamate to induce cell death in cultured human neurons...
- Discovery Tools for Chemotherapy Resistance to Cell Death.Robert W Sobol; Fiscal Year: 2012..and autophagy endpoints and selective response to apoptosis inducing agents (Temozolomide, Camptothecin, staurosporine and Sulindac)...
- ADENOSINE AND ANTIOXIDANT ENZYMESVickram Ramkumar; Fiscal Year: 1999..Inhibition of protein kinase C by staurosporine attenuated activation of these enzymes elicited by both R-PIA and phorbol esters...
- Mechanisms of CaMKII Binding to GluN2B and its Role in Synaptic Plasticity and MeKELSEY MARIE BARCOMB; Fiscal Year: 2013..Aim will be addressed using two ATP competitive inhibitors of CaMKII, H7 and staurosporine (ST), using the following approaches: (i) measurement of CaMKII-GluN2B binding in an in vitro assay using ..
- A HTS Assay for Identifying Anti-Viral Drugs Against Arbovirus InfectionsQianjun Li; Fiscal Year: 2007..A secondary assay using apoptosis inducers including Staurosporine will also be implemented to confirm hits and exclude false positives including apoptosis inhibitors...
- CYCLIC ADP RIBOSE METABOLISM IN OXIDATIVE CELL DEATHMYRON JACOBSON; Fiscal Year: 2002..include tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF-(), anti-Fas antibodies, N-methyl-N'-nitro-N-nitrosoguanidine (MNNG), Staurosporine, and serum withdrawal...
- HYPOTHERMIA AND TRAUMALarry Jenkins; Fiscal Year: 2000..4) significant downregulation of total protein kinase C (PKC) occurs after TBI; 5) hippocampal microinjected staurosporine (a serine-threonine protein kinase inhibitor) or genistein (a tyrosine kinase inhibitor) both attenuate ..
- Complementation assay for protein kinase inhibitorsRICHARD EGLEN; Fiscal Year: 2002..sensitive, homogenous CEDIA assay to screen protein kinases for selective inhibitors based on the binding of staurosporine to protein kinases...
- Role of HSulf-1 Loss in Apoptosis and Drug ResistanceViji Shridhar; Fiscal Year: 2007..clones proliferated more slowly and were more sensitive to the induction of apoptosis by cisplatin and staurosporine than their HSulf-1-deficient counterparts...
- ABROGATION OF CELL CYCLE ARREST BY STAUROSPORINE ANALOGSAlan Eastman; Fiscal Year: 2001..These experiments should identify a drug combination that can be tested for its selective targeting to p53-defective tumors in future clinical trials. ..
- COMPLEMENTATION ASSAY TO SCREEN FOR KINASE INHIBITORSRICHARD EGLEN; Fiscal Year: 2004..assay which employs our proprietary CEDIA(r) technology and consists of measuring the competitive binding of staurosporine, a universal protein kinase ligand, to individual recombinant protein kinases...
- NATURALLY-OCCURRING ANTICANCER PRINCIPLESGEOFFREY CORDELL; Fiscal Year: 1993..g. staurosporine); vi) evaluation of selected plants for antineoplastic activity and fractionation for their active principles; ..
- Studies of germinal center B cell survivalHector Martinez Valdez; Fiscal Year: 2009..tandem repeats of the LEA (late embryogenesis abundant) motif, which can abrogate apoptosis induced by staurosporine, TNF-a and UV irradiation...
- Gene Therapy of Muscle Wasting From UremiaXiaonan Wang; Fiscal Year: 2005..we propose: 1) to test if XlAP blocks muscle protein degradation induced by growth factor withdraw and staurosporine (activating caspase-3) in human skeletal muscle cells; 2) to examine if XlAP can inhibit the CRF-induced ..
- Cellular Mechanisms of PPH: Role of K+ ChannelsJASON YUAN; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] In normal PASMC, our preliminary data demonstrate that apoptosis inducers, such as staurosporine (ST) and cytochrome c, increased K+ channel activity, whereas anti-apoptotic proteins (e.g...
- In Vivo Imaging of Retinal Apoptosis Using Activatable Permeation PeptidesEDWARD BARNETT; Fiscal Year: 2007..RGC apoptosis will be induced in rats either pharmacologically using intravitreal injection of staurosporine or through the induction of uniocular elevated intraocular pressure...
- Novel targets and agents to treat thrombotic disordersJohn Griffin; Fiscal Year: 2004..on cells will be determined in studies of the EPCR-dependent, PAR1 -dependent abilities of APC to inhibit staurosporine-induced apoptosis and to alter endothelial cell gene expression...
- TAXANE INDUCED APOPTOSIS--REGULATION IN BREAST CA CELLSKapil Bhalla; Fiscal Year: 2002..Based on the observation that staurosporine (ST) enhances taxol-induced apoptosis, the mechanism of interaction as well as the optimum dosage and ..
- Potassium Channel Gene Therapy to Prevent Neuron DeathAngela Lee; Fiscal Year: 2004..In pilot data we have shown that both protect in primary hippocampal cultures against glutamate, staurosporine, and sodium cyanide...
- DESIGN AND SYNTHESIS OF SELECTIVE KINASE INHIBITORSJohn Wood; Fiscal Year: 1999..has been achieved in the area of indolocarbazoles and hence the archetypal naturally occurring congeners staurosporine (1) and K252a (2) have been the focus of considerable research...
- THE ALPHA-1C CALCIUM CHANNEL IN MUSCLEPhilip Palade; Fiscal Year: 2004..This grant also seeks to determine how the steroid hormone dexamethasone, the protein kinase C inhibitor staurosporine, and electrical stimulation regulate the expression of the cardiac DHPR in muscle, and to determine the ..
- Development and Testing of a Novel Neuroprotective DrugDavid Schubert; Fiscal Year: 2006..appears to be nerve specific, for it does not block the apoptotic death of fibroblasts caused by TNF-alpha or staurosporine. The goals of this project are to use combinatorial and medicinal chemistry to improve the efficacy of this ..
- Proteomics of M-L antigens modulating cation transportPETER LAUF; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Third Symposium Cell Volume & Signalling RegulationPETER LAUF; Fiscal Year: 2003..This meeting's success on U.S. soil will foster continuation of gathering of high-caliber scientists at subsequent international meetings ..
- Renal Cell Injury by Ischemia: a role for BidZheng Dong; Fiscal Year: 2009..Finally, completion of the research will facilitate the design of genetic and pharmacological strategies to ameliorate ischemic renal failure by targeting Bid, Bax and their interaction. ..
- Promotion of PDT Induced phototoxicity by bile acidsDavid Kessel; Fiscal Year: 2003..If the results of preliminary studies are borne out by further investigation, UDCA could offer a safe and effective means for promoting clinical PDT efficacy. ..
- Conference on Photodynamic TherapyDavid Kessel; Fiscal Year: 2002..The most recent PDT meeting, sponsored by the International Photodynamic Assn, has more than 600 participants. ..
- Protein ubiquitination based neuroprotection for strokeRobert Meller; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- MECHANISM AND REGULATION OF ACTIN-BASED RETROGRADE FLOWJOHN HENSON; Fiscal Year: 2005..4. To study the inducible transformation of coelomocytes from a lamellipodial to a filopodial form. ..
- Rapid ischemic tolerance: Ubiquitin-mediated structural reorganizationRobert Meller; Fiscal Year: 2007..Indeed, the long-term aim of these studies is to discover endogenous protective mechanisms that can be translated into effective rapid acting neuroprotective agents for stroke. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mechanisms of Renal Na+ Pump Stimulation by AngiotensinDOUGLAS YINGST; Fiscal Year: 2005..These results have important implications for understanding normal kidney function, as well as the development of hypertension and heart failure. ..
- Cyclic-AMP Induced Crypt Cell Survival in the IntestineJeffrey Rudolph; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Monitoring Oxygen Repeatedly for Hypoxic Tumor TherapyMohammad Khan; Fiscal Year: 2007..If successful, this approach potentially could be immediately extended for clinical applications. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Functional Consequences of Nuclear mGlu5 Receptor ActivationKAREN O MALLEY; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Semi-artificial nanomachines for detection of DNA damage and apoptosisVLADIMIR DIDENKO; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Regulation of Mitochondrial Fission/Fusion by PP2A and PKA in NeuronsStefan Strack; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our studies may ultimately lead to better therapies for stroke and neurodegenerative disorders. ..
- Metal Ion is Critical in amyloid beta Induced JNK ActivationXiongwei Zhu; Fiscal Year: 2009..Aim 3: Determine the effect of metal ion chelation on Ab-induced JNK activation. Aim 4: Determine whether H2O2 mediates metal-augmented AB-induced JNK activation. ..
- THE FUNCTION OF NEUROTRANSMITTERS IN BONE BIOLOGYMATTHEW BLIZIOTES; Fiscal Year: 2009..This research should contribute to new treatment and prevention regimens for osteoporosis and thus have a significant positive impact on the health care of the aging population. ..
- PKC Modulators for the Treatment of Alzheimer's diseaseAlan Kozikowski; Fiscal Year: 2008..For the best compounds from Aim 2, perform studies in triple transgenic mice to ascertain effects on Abeta and sAPPalpha levels and plaque formation in vivo. ..
- Chemical Genetic Analysis of Platelet Granule SecretionRobert Flaumenhaft; Fiscal Year: 2008..Once identified, compounds will be tested in a previously established battery of platelet function tests and evaluated for antithrombotic potential in an in vivo murine model of thrombus formation. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Treatment of Neural Injury with MSCsMichael Chopp; Fiscal Year: 2007..The long-term goal of this Program Project application is to translate our finding of therapeutic benefit after treatment of experimental stroke and traumatic brain injury with MSCs to the patient. ..
- Development of EPR and NIR Oximetry for Diabetic FootMohammad Khan; Fiscal Year: 2007..If the promise of these techniques is fulfilled, clinicians will have a new powerful tool for management of peripheral vascular disease, based on fundamental pathophysiology. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Involvement of Na/Dicarboxylate Cotransporter in AgingAna Pajor; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- CANCER AND LEUKEMIA GROUP BMartin Edelman; Fiscal Year: 2002..The grant will also allow for continuation of meritorious pilot protocols and will allow GCC to monitor and collect data which will produce mutual benefit to the GCC and CALGB. ..
- DEPSIPEPTIDE: A NOVEL HISTONE DEACYTLASE INHIBITOR IN LJohn Byrd; Fiscal Year: 2003..The clinical and laboratory results of this trial will provide pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic information for additional correlative efforts in both single agent phase II and combination phase I studies. ..
- Free radicals detection in aging brain by fullerenesVLADIMIR DIDENKO; Fiscal Year: 2003..At a later stage free radicals will be monitored using magnetic resonance tracer and MRI detection. ..
- SURFACTANT PROTEINS A AND D AND MYCOBACTERIADENNIS VOELKER; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Role of Natriuretic Peptides in the CochleaGeorge Trachte; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- ADDUCIN ISOFORMS IN RBC AND PLATELET DIFFERENTIATIONDIANA GILLIGAN; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Polycyclic Hydrocarbons and CYP1B1 in Breast CancerColin Jefcoate; Fiscal Year: 2005..The correlation with CYP1B 1 expression and activity will provide insight into the relationship of the mouse model to human breast cancer. ..
- IL10 and IGF1 Receptor Axis in Prostate CancerMark Stearns; Fiscal Year: 2005..Development of therapeutic agents, which target the IL-10R or IGF-R1 axis should be beneficial in the treatment of the disease. ..
- FTI Biology & Treatment of Myeloproliferative DisordersJason Gotlib; Fiscal Year: 2005..If clinically efficacious, further studies of R115777 in MPDs will be warranted...
- Abnormal Megakaryocyte DevelopmentDIANA GILLIGAN; Fiscal Year: 2006..Finally, these studies may help in the targeted development of better platelet lowering drugs using rational design to improve on currently available options such as anagrelide, hydroxyurea, and interferon. ..
- Hypoxia-induced Proteins as Lung Cancer BiomarkersPhilip Mack; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Discovery of novel fluorescent reporter genesMing Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2004..Reporters with spectral properties that can be used for whole-body imaging of tumors in the lung and their metastases will be candidates for further development for numerous applications of multi-color imaging. ..
- Pathogenesis of Persistent Chlamydial STDsDeborah Dean; Fiscal Year: 2007..1 Description, ..
- RhoB Signaling in Cancer Suppression and Cell SuicideGeorge Prendergast; Fiscal Year: 2007..Characterization of these signaling pathways offers a unique opportunity to obtain new insights into cancer pathophysiology and therapeutic response. ..
- BIOLOGICAL STUDIES OF PIPERIDINE ANALOGS OF COCAINEAlan Kozikowski; Fiscal Year: 2001..4. For compounds meeting set criteria, to further evaluate their behavioral pharmacological profile in animals using intravenous drug self-administration and drug discrimination procedures. ..