Genomes and Genes
Summary: An antibiotic produced by Streptomyces spectabilis. It is active against gram-negative bacteria and used for the treatment of gonorrhea.
Publications174 found, 100 shown here
- Novel spectinomycin/streptomycin resistance gene, aadA14, from Pasteurella multocidaCorinna Kehrenberg
Institut für Tierzucht, Bundesforschungsanstalt für Landwirtschaft FAL, Höltystr 10, 31535 Neustadt Mariensee, Germany
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 49:3046-9. 2005A novel spectinomycin/streptomycin resistance gene, designated aadA14, was detected on the mobilizable 5,198-bp plasmid pCCK647 from Pasteurella multocida. The aadA14 gene encodes an aminoglycoside adenylyltransferase of 261 amino acids...
- Efficacy of spectinomycin against Mycoplasma bovis induced pneumonia in conventionally reared calvesF Poumarat
Agence Francaise de Securite Sanitaire des Aliments, Site de Lyon, 31 av Tony Garnier, F 69364 Cedex 07, Lyon, France
Vet Microbiol 80:23-35. 2001..On the 6th day, spectinomycin 20mg/kg was given intramuscularly in three repeated doses at 24h intervals to six randomly chosen calves...
- New gene cassettes for trimethoprim resistance, dfr13, and Streptomycin-spectinomycin resistance, aadA4, inserted on a class 1 integronP V Adrian
Department of Medical Microbiology, University of the Witwatersrand, and the South African Institute for Medical Research, Johannesburg, South Africa
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 44:355-61. 2000..a new cassette, an aminoglycoside resistance gene of the class AADA ¿ANT(3")(9)-I, which encodes streptomycin-spectinomycin resistance, was identified...
- First case of spectinomycin resistant Neisseria gonorrhoeae isolate in New Delhi, IndiaM Bala
Sex Transm Infect 81:186-7. 2005
- In vitro susceptibilities of field isolates of Mycoplasma agalactiae to oxytetracycline, tylosin, enrofloxacin, spiramycin and lincomycin-spectinomycinG R Loria
Institute Zooprofilattico, Sperimentale della Sicilia, Via Rocco Dicillo, 4 I-90129, Palermo, Sicily, Italy
Res Vet Sci 75:3-7. 2003..The minimum inhibitory concentrations (MICs) of tetracycline, enrofloxacin, tylosin, spiramycin and a lincomycin:spectinomycin 1:2 combination, against 24 Sicilian isolates of Mycoplasma agalactiae, the causative organism of contagious ..
- Fitness cost due to mutations in the 16S rRNA associated with spectinomycin resistance in Chlamydia psittaci 6BCRachel Binet
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, , Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, 4301 Jones Bridge Road, Bethesda, Maryland 20814-4799, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 49:4455-64. 2005..we studied the growth of four genetically defined spectinomycin-resistant (Spc(r)) clonal variants of Chlamydia psittaci 6BC isolated in the plaque assay...
- A steric block in translation caused by the antibiotic spectinomycinMaria A Borovinskaya
Physical Biosciences Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
ACS Chem Biol 2:545-52. 2007The widely used antibiotic spectinomycin inhibits bacterial protein synthesis by blocking translocation of messenger RNA and transfer RNAs on the ribosome...
- The Escherichia coli cmlA gene encodes the multidrug efflux pump Cmr/MdfA and is responsible for isopropyl-beta-D-thiogalactopyranoside exclusion and spectinomycin sensitivityC Bohn
Laboratoire des Réseaux de Régulations, Institut de Genetique et Microbiologie, Universite Paris Sud, CNRS URA2225, F 91405 Orsay cedex, France
J Bacteriol 180:6072-5. 1998..The previously reported cmlA1 mutation confers a similar phenotype. cmlA1 contains an IS30 insertion upstream of cmr/mdfA, which creates a putative promoter. CmlA overproduction also causes spectinomycin hypersensitivity.
- Single-dose treatment of male patients with gonococcal urethritis using 2g spectinomycin: microbiological and clinical evaluationsMunekado Kojima
Department of Urology, Nagoya Urology Hospital, 5 34 Matsuba, Nagoya, Japan
Int J Antimicrob Agents 32:50-4. 2008The microbiological and clinical efficacies of a single-dose treatment of 2g spectinomycin administered by intramuscular injection were studied in 365 male patients with gonococcal urethritis. A total of 210 patients (57...
- Analysis of a genome fragment of a deep-sea uncultivated Group II euryarchaeote containing 16S rDNA, a spectinomycin-like operon and several energy metabolism genesDavid Moreira
UMR CNRS 8079, Ecologie, , , , 91405 Orsay Cedex, France
Environ Microbiol 6:959-69. 2004..This genome fragment exhibits a compact organization, including a few overlapping genes in the canonical spectinomycin-like (spc) operon for ribosomal proteins that is immediately upstream the 16S rDNA...
- Ribosomal RNA and protein mutants resistant to spectinomycinN Bilgin
Department of Molecular Biology, Uppsala University, Sweden
EMBO J 9:735-9. 1990We have compared the influence of spectinomycin (Spc) on individual partial reactions during the elongation phase of translation in vitro by wild-type and mutant ribosomes...
- Nucleotide sequence of a spectinomycin adenyltransferase AAD(9) determinant from Staphylococcus aureus and its relationship to AAD(3") (9)E Murphy
Mol Gen Genet 200:33-9. 1985..This gene encodes a spectinomycin adenyltransferase, AAD(9), that mediates resistance to spectinomycin but not to streptomycin...
- In vivo selection of spectinomycin-binding RNAsJeff M Zimmerman
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, 200 First Street SW, Mayo Clinic-Rochester, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 30:5425-35. 2002..present case, we report short RNA transcripts whose expression confers bacterial resistance to the antibiotic spectinomycin. We provide evidence that such RNAs cause drug resistance by direct antibiotic binding, demonstrating a class ..
- Antibiotic susceptibility patterns of Neisseria gonorrhoeae isolates in Port ElizabethS Govender
Department of Biochemistry and Microbiology, Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University, Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape, South Africa
S Afr Med J 96:225-6. 2006..To survey the antibiotic susceptibility of Neisseria gonorrhoeae isolates...
- [Antibiotic susceptibility of Neisseria gonorrhoeae epidemic strains in Changsha]Ming xiang Zou
Department of Clinical Laboratory, Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha 410008, China
Hunan Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 28:53-5. 2003..To evaluate the antibiotic susceptibility of Neisseria gonorrhoeae epidemic strains in Changsha and to provide a reference for the prevention and treatment of gonorrhea...
- Hypermutable Haemophilus influenzae with mutations in mutS are found in cystic fibrosis sputumMichael E Watson
Seattle Biomedical Research Institute, 307 Westlake Ave N, Suite 500, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Microbiology 150:2947-58. 2004..isolates were screened for an increased frequency of mutation to resistance to rifampicin, nalidixic acid and spectinomycin: of the 14 hypermutable isolates identified, 12 were isolated from cystic fibrosis (CF) sputum...
- Mutations conferring aminoglycoside and spectinomycin resistance in Borrelia burgdorferiDaniel Criswell
Division of Biological Sciences, The University of Montana, Missoula, MT 59812-4824, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 50:445-52. 2006..and characterized in vitro mutants of the Lyme disease agent Borrelia burgdorferi that are resistant to spectinomycin, kanamycin, gentamicin, or streptomycin, antibiotics that target the small subunit of the ribosome...
- Isolation of spectinomycin resistance mutations in the 16S rRNA of Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium and expression in Escherichia coli and SalmonellaMICHAEL O'CONNOR
J W Wilson Laboratory, Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology and Biochemistry, Brown University, 69 Brown Street, Providence RI 02912, USA
Curr Microbiol 45:429-33. 2002Two single-base mutations in 16S rRNA conferring high-level resistance to spectinomycin were isolated on a plasmid-borne copy of the rrnD operon from Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium...
- In vitro effects of spectinomycin and ceftriaxone alone or in combination with other antibiotics against Chlamydia trachomatisShuxian Shang
National Center for STD and Leprosy Control, Institute of Dermatology, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Nanjing 210042, China
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 49:1584-6. 2005The in vitro effects of spectinomycin and ceftriaxone, alone or in combination with erythromycin, ofloxacin, and doxycycline, against Chlamydia trachomatis were investigated by the checkerboard method and compared by Ridit (reference ..
- [Clinical study of male urethritis in Oogaki Municipal Hospital]Hisao Komeda
The Department of Urology, Oogaki Municipal Hospital
Hinyokika Kiyo 51:57-60. 2005..The clinical curative rate of NGCU and NGNCU was 93% (38/41) and 80% (20/25), respectively...
- Influences of biofilm structure and antibiotic resistance mechanisms on indirect pathogenicity in a model polymicrobial biofilmGreg S Kottkamp
Department of Biology, Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA 30303, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 72:5013-9. 2006..Escherichia coli ATCC 33456 was transformed with vectors conferring either ampicillin or spectinomycin resistance, creating two distinct populations with different resistance mechanisms...
- Analysis of gene cassettes of streptomycin-spectinomycin resistance of Hungarian Salmonella enterica serotype Typhimurium strainsNoémi Nógrády
Veterinary Medical Research Institute, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, H 1581 Budapest, P O Box 18, Hungary
Acta Vet Hung 51:137-51. 2003By PCR using the ant(3")-Ia primer pair the aadA gene was detected in 34 streptomycin- and spectinomycin-resistant Salmonella enterica serotype Typhimurium strains. Out of them 12 belonged to DT104 and 22 to non-DT104 phage type...
- Plastid transformation in Lesquerella fendleri, an oilseed BrassicaceaMarina Skarjinskaia
Waksman Institute, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, 190 Frelinghuysen Road, Piscataway, NJ 08854-8020, USA
Transgenic Res 12:115-22. 2003..Transformation vector pZS391B carried an aadA16gfp marker gene conferring streptomycin-spectinomycin resistance and green fluorescence under UV light...
- Persistence of unselected transgenic DNA during a plastid transformation and segregation approach to herbicide resistanceGuang-Ning Ye
Monsanto Company, St. Louis, Missouri 63198, USA
Plant Physiol 133:402-10. 2003The use of a nonlethal selection scheme, most often using the aadA gene that confers resistance to spectinomycin and streptomycin, has been considered critical for recovery of plastid transformation events...
- Non-penicillinase producing Neisseria gonnorhoeae: are they still in existence in Ibadan, Nigeria?R A Bakare
Special Treatment Clinic, University College Hospital, Ibadan, Nigeria
Afr J Med Med Sci 30:281-3. 2001..The present study revealed that non-PPNG strains have reduced considerably to 5.4% from 100% in 1977. This has posed a great threat to the usefulness of penicillin and ampicillin as the drugs of choice in gonococcal therapy in Nigeria...
- A plasmid-encoded class 1 integron carrying sat, a putative phosphoserine phosphatase gene and aadA2 from enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli O159 isolated in JapanAshraf M Ahmed
Laboratory of Food Microbiology and Hygiene, Graduate School of Biosphere Science, Hiroshima University, 1 4 4 Kagamiyama, Higashi Hiroshima, Hiroshima 739 8528, Japan
FEMS Microbiol Lett 235:243-8. 2004..and the last is an aminoglycoside adenyltransferase gene, aadA2, which confers resistance to streptomycin and spectinomycin. The putative PSP gene product was found to be 39%, 38%, 28%, and 27% identical to PSP gene products of Vibrio ..
- Antimicrobial susceptibility among Neisseria gonorrhoeae in New Zealand in 2002Helen Heffernan
LabPlus, Auckland District Health Board, New Zealand
N Z Med J 117:U817. 2004..To estimate the prevalence of antimicrobial resistance among Neisseria gonorrhoeae, and to determine whether the increase in ciprofloxacin resistance observed in Auckland in 2001 had occurred in other parts of the country...
- Frequency of spontaneous mutations that confer antibiotic resistance in Chlamydia sppRachel Binet
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, , Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, 4301 Jones Bridge Road, Bethesda, Maryland 20814-4799, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 49:2865-73. 2005..trachomatis L2 (two rrn operons) and Chlamydophila psittaci 6BC (one rrn operon) to the aminoglycoside spectinomycin as a model...
- Characterization of antimicrobial resistant Salmonella Kinshasa from dairy calves in TexasK M Bischoff
US Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Southern Plains Agricultural Research Center, TX, USA
Lett Appl Microbiol 38:140-5. 2004..To determine the prevalence of antimicrobial resistance among Salmonella isolated from a central Texas dairy calf farm that raises animals for dairy-beef production...
- Spectinomycin resistance in rpsE mutants is recessive in Streptomyces roseosporusXiaowei He
Cubist Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Lexington, MA 02421, USA
J Antibiot (Tokyo) 58:284-8. 2005Eight spontaneous mutants of Streptomyces roseosporus resistant to spectinomycin (SpcR) were mapped to distinct transversions or deletions in the rpsE gene. Most of the mutations were strongly recessive to the wild type SpcS allele...
- Frequency of alterations in the GyrA subunit of DNA gyrase and the ParC subunit of topoisomerase IV in 19 clinical isolates of Neisseria gonorrhoeae in Tokyo in 2002Kenichi Sato
J Infect Chemother 9:361. 2003
- Frequency of alterations in the GyrA subunit of DNA gyrase and the ParC subunit of topoisomerase IV in 19 clinical isolates of Neisseria gonorrhoeae in Tokyo in 2002Hiroyuki Abe
Department of Urology, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan
J Infect Chemother 9:310-3. 2003..063 and 1 micro g/ml, and they increased to 4 and 8 micro g/ml, respectively, in the present study. All 19 cases of gonoccocal urethritis in the present study were cured with a single intramuscular injection of 2 g spectinomycin.
- aadA confers streptomycin resistance in Borrelia burgdorferiKristi L Frank
Division of Biological Sciences, The University of Montana, Missoula, Montana 59812, USA
J Bacteriol 185:6723-7. 2003..Borrelia burgdorferi, we assayed the aadA gene for the ability to confer resistance to the antibiotics spectinomycin and streptomycin...
- Antimicrobial susceptibility of Neisseria gonorrhoeae strains isolated in Guangzhou, China, 1996-2001H P Zheng
Guangzhou Center for STD Control and Prevention, Guangzhou, P R China
Sex Transm Infect 79:399-402. 2003..To investigate the in vitro antimicrobial susceptibility and resistant trends of Neisseria gonorrhoeae strains isolated in Guangzhou, from 1996 to 2001...
- [Resistance of Neisseria gonorrhoeae to 4 antibiotics: an analysis of the situation in Guangzhou in 2002]Shi Fei
Institute of Skin Disease Prevention and Therapy of Guangzhou, Guangzhou 510095, China
Di Yi Jun Yi Da Xue Xue Bao 23:1099-100. 2003..METHODS: Minimum inhibitory concentrations (MIC) of the 4 antimicrobial agents, tetracycline, spectinomycin, ciprofloxacin and ceftriaxone, to 100 strains of Neisseria gonorrhoeae were determined by agar dilution ..
- The 27.8-kb R-plasmid pTET3 from Corynebacterium glutamicum encodes the aminoglycoside adenyltransferase gene cassette aadA9 and the regulated tetracycline efflux system Tet 33 flanked by active copies of the widespread insertion sequence IS6100Andreas Tauch
Degussa AG, Kantstrasse 2, D 33790 Halle Künsebeck, Germany
Plasmid 48:117-29. 2002..8-kb R-plasmid pTET3 from Corynebacterium glutamicum LP-6 which encodes streptomycin, spectinomycin, and tetracycline resistance...
- Development of a method for heterologous gene expression in Enterobacter amnigenus, a potential host for the biological control of mosquito larviNawarat Nantapong
Institute of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Mahidol University, Salaya Campus, Nakornpathom, 73170 Thailand
J Microbiol Methods 49:329-34. 2002..3 kb fragment of chromosomal DNA from Enterobacter amnigenus was constructed. The Omega fragment encoding spectinomycin/streptomycin resistance was cloned into the unique BglII site of the resulting plasmid, and the interrupted ..
- Antibiotic multiresistance plasmid pRSB101 isolated from a wastewater treatment plant is related to plasmids residing in phytopathogenic bacteria and carries eight different resistance determinants including a multidrug transport systemRafael Szczepanowski
Fakultat fur Biologie, Lehrstuhl fur Genetik, Universitat Bielefeld, Postfach 100131, D 33501 Bielefeld, Germany
Microbiology 150:3613-30. 2004..pRSB101, mediates resistance to tetracycline, erythromycin, roxythromycin, sulfonamides, cephalosporins, spectinomycin, streptomycin, trimethoprim, nalidixic acid and low concentrations of norfloxacin...
- Novel streptomycin and spectinomycin resistance gene as a gene cassette within a class 1 integron isolated from Escherichia coliD Sandvang
Danish Veterinary Laboratory, DK 1790 Copenhagen V, and Department of Microbiology, The Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, DK 1870 Frederiksberg C, Denmark
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 43:3036-8. 1999The aadA genes, encoding resistance to streptomycin and spectinomycin, have been found as gene cassettes in different gram-negative and gram-positive bacterial species...
- Antimicrobial resistance for Neisseria gonorrhoeae in the United States, 1988 to 2003: the spread of fluoroquinolone resistanceSusan A Wang
National Center for HIV AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Emory University School of Medicine, and Emory Center for AIDS Research, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Ann Intern Med 147:81-8. 2007..Over the past 60 years, Neisseria gonorrhoeae has acquired clinically significant resistance to sulfonamides, tetracyclines, penicillins, and ciprofloxacin...
- Characterization of antimicrobial susceptibility and virulence genes of Salmonella serovars collected at a commercial turkey processing plantC W Nde
Department of Veterinary and Microbiological Sciences, The Great Plains Institute of Food Safety, North Dakota State University, Fargo, ND 58105, USA
J Appl Microbiol 104:215-23. 2008....
- Susceptibility of bacterial pathogens against lincomycin/spectinomycin (1/2), penicillin G/neomycin (1/1), and penicillin G/dihydrostreptomycin (1/1) as determined in the BfT-GermVet monitoring program 2004-2006Stefan Schwarz
Institut für Tierzucht, Bundesforschungsanstalt für Landwirtschaft, Neustadt Mariensee
Berl Munch Tierarztl Wochenschr 120:363-71. 2007..were investigated for their susceptibility to the three combinations of antimicrobial agents lincomycin/spectinomycin (1/2), penicillin G/neomycin (1/1), and penicillin G/dihydrostreptomycin (1/1) in comparison to their ..
- Gonococcal resistance: evolving from penicillin, tetracycline to the quinolones in South Africa -- implications for treatment guidelinesMari De Jongh
Department of Microbiological Pathology, University of Limpopo Medunsa Campus, Ga Rankuwa, Medunsa, South Africa
Int J STD AIDS 18:697-9. 2007..Overall, the gonococcal isolates in the Pretoria region remain susceptible to ceftriaxone, cefoxitin, cefpodoxime and spectinomycin.
- [Antimicrobial resistance in Neisseria gonorrheae in North-East Romania]Aida Corina Bădescu
Facultatea de Medicina, Disciplina de Microbiologie, Universitatea de Medicină si Farmacie Gr T Popa Iaşi
Rev Med Chir Soc Med Nat Iasi 111:512-5. 2007..This study is performed to evaluate evolution of antimicrobial resistance patterns of N. gonorrhoeae isolates from north-east Romania...
- Effect of antibiotics in extender on bacterial and spermatozoal quality of cooled buffalo (Bubalus bubalis) bull semenS Akhter
Department of Zoology, University of Arid Agriculture, Rawalpindi, Pakistan
Reprod Domest Anim 43:272-8. 2008..and penicillin; SP) and relatively modern combination of antibiotics (gentamycin, tylosin, lincomycin and spectinomycin; GTLS) in extender on bacterial control and spermatozoal quality of liquid buffalo bull semen stored at 5 ..
- National surveillance of antimicrobial susceptibility in Neisseria gonorrhoeae in 2005-2006 and recommendations of first-line antimicrobial drugs for gonorrhoea treatment in RussiaA Kubanova
Central Research Institute of Dermato Venereology, Ministry of Health, Moscow, Russia
Sex Transm Infect 84:285-9. 2008..To investigate comprehensively the antimicrobial susceptibility and resistance of Neisseria gonorrhoeae during 2005-2006 in a national survey and to recommend effective antimicrobial drugs for the treatment of gonorrhoea in Russia...
- Revised analysis of aadA2 gene of plasmid pSaA Bito
Institut für Genetik und Allgemeine Biologie, Universitat Salzburg, Austria
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 38:1172-5. 1994..These deviations are located in the coding region and in the 3' noncoding region. By making deletions in the region for initiation of protein synthesis, we identified a GTG triplet as the most probable start codon for translation...
- In vitro mutagenesis of Bacillus subtilis by using a modified Tn7 transposon with an outward-facing inducible promoterChristophe Bordi
Department of Microbiology, Wing Hall, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853 8101, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 74:3419-25. 2008..This new mini-Tn7, mTn7SX, contains a spectinomycin resistance cassette and an outward-facing, xylose-inducible promoter, thereby allowing for the regulated ..
- Susceptibility of Ureaplasma urealyticum to ten chemotherapeutic agentsR Sobetzko
Zentralbl Bakteriol Mikrobiol Hyg A 269:245-50. 1988..0, erythromycin and streptomycin-4.0, chloramphenicol, gentamicin, rosoxacin-8.0, spectinomycin-32.0...
- The region of the IncN plasmid R46 coding for resistance to beta-lactam antibiotics, streptomycin/spectinomycin and sulphonamides is closely related to antibiotic resistance segments found in IncW plasmids and in Tn21-like transposonsR M Hall
CSIRO Division of Molecular Biology, North Ryde, NSW, Australia
Nucleic Acids Res 15:7491-501. 1987..The possibility that this antibiotic resistance segment is a discrete mobile DNA element is discussed...
- Dual spectinomycin-streptomycin resistance marker in Brucella sppJon P Woods
Infect Immun 76:3357; author reply 3357. 2008
- The gene cluster for spectinomycin biosynthesis and the aminoglycoside-resistance function of spcM in Streptomyces spectabilisKyoung Rok Kim
Division of Bioscience and Bioinformatics, College of Natural Science, Myongji University, Yongin, Gyeonggi Do, Korea
Curr Microbiol 57:371-4. 2008The gene cluster for spectinomycin biosynthesis from Streptomyces spectabilis was analyzed completely and registered under the accession number EU255259 at the National Center for Biotechnology Information...
- A pilot study on antimicrobial susceptibility of Neisseria gonorrhoeae isolates from NepalChintamani Chaudhary
AMDA, Kathmandu, Nepal
Sex Transm Dis 32:641-3. 2005
- An efficient approach for cloning the dNDP-glucose synthase gene from actinomycetes and its application in Streptomyces spectabilis, a spectinomycin producerC Hyun
Department of Biological Science, Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Myong Ji University, Yongin, South Korea
FEMS Microbiol Lett 183:183-9. 2000..In addition, we have cloned a 45-kb region of DNA from Streptomyces spectabilis ATCC27741, a spectinomycin producer which contained the dTDP-glucose synthase and dTDP-glucose 4,6-dehydratase genes named spcD and spcE, ..
- PsbI affects the stability, function, and phosphorylation patterns of photosystem II assemblies in tobaccoSerena Schwenkert
Department Biology I, Botany, Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich, Menzingerstrasse 67, 80638 Munich, Germany
J Biol Chem 281:34227-38. 2006..higher plants, we generated homoplastomic knock-out plants by replacing most of the tobacco psbI gene with a spectinomycin resistance cartridge...
- Emergence of cephem- and aztreonam-high-resistant Neisseria gonorrhoeae that does not produce beta-lactamaseS Akasaka
Department of Urology, School of Medicine, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, 1-1 Iseigaoka, Yahatanishi-ku, Kitakyushu 807-8555, Japan
J Infect Chemother 7:49-50. 2001..These isolates were susceptible to spectinomycin. In N. gonorrhoeae, the emergence of these beta-lactam-resistant isolates is of serious concern...
- Contribution of the Rv2333c efflux pump (the Stp protein) from Mycobacterium tuberculosis to intrinsic antibiotic resistance in Mycobacterium bovis BCGSantiago Ramon Garcia
Departamento de Microbiologia, Medicina Preventiva y Salud Pública, Universidad de Zaragoza, 50009 Zaragoza, Spain
J Antimicrob Chemother 59:544-7. 2007..To characterize the efflux pump encoded by the gene Rv2333c from Mycobacterium tuberculosis, and assess its contribution to intrinsic antibiotic resistance using Mycobacterium bovis BCG as a model organism...
- Comparison of Neisseria gonorrhoeae isolates from the genital tract and pharynx of two gonorrhea patientsT Saika
Chemotherapy Division, Mitsubishi Kagaku Bio-Clinical Laboratories, 3-30-1 Shimura, Itabashi-ku, Tokyo 174-8555, Japan
J Infect Chemother 7:175-9. 2001..This method may contribute to the successful treatment and epidemiological investigation of gonococcal infections...
- Functional insights from the structure of the 30S ribosomal subunit and its interactions with antibioticsA P Carter
MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK
Nature 407:340-8. 2000..describe the crystal structure of the 30S subunit complexed with the antibiotics paromomycin, streptomycin and spectinomycin, which interfere with decoding and translocation...
- Mutations in 16S rRNA and ribosomal protein S5 associated with high-level spectinomycin resistance in Pasteurella multocidaCorinna Kehrenberg
Institut für Tierzucht, Bundesforschungsanstalt für Landwirtschaft FAL, Höltystr 10, 31535 Neustadt Mariensee, Germany
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 51:2244-6. 2007Pasteurella multocida isolates with high-level spectinomycin resistance in which no adenyltransferase genes could be demonstrated exhibited a C1192G transversion in the 16S rRNA of all six or five of the six rRNA operons and/or two ..
- Antibiotic resistant N. gonorrhoeae in Trinidad and TobagoD Castor
Department of Epidemiology and International Health, School of Public Health and Medical Statistics Section, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 35294-0022, USA
Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand) 47:987-95. 2001..gonorrhoeae isolates to six antimicrobials; penicillin, tetracycline, spectinomycin, ceftriaxone, ciprofloxacin and azithromycin, and examined whether certain demographic or behavioral factors ..
- Activity of translation system and abundance of tmRNA during development of Streptomyces aureofaciens producing tetracyclineP Palecková
Institute of Microbiology, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Prague, Czechia
Folia Microbiol (Praha) 51:517-24. 2006..These experiments suggest that the main role of the rising tmRNA level at the beginning of the Ttc production is connected with ribosome rescue...
- Variant Salmonella genomic island 1-L antibiotic resistance gene cluster in Salmonella enterica serovar NewportAxel Cloeckaert
Unité Infectiologie Animale et Santé Publique site 213, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, 37380 Nouzilly, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 50:3944-6. 2006..The isolate carried another class 1 integron containing the aacC5 and aadA7 gene cassettes conferring resistance to gentamicin and streptomycin/spectinomycin, respectively.
- Cloning and sequencing of a gene encoding a 21-kilodalton outer membrane protein from Bordetella avium and expression of the gene in Salmonella typhimuriumC R Gentry-Weeks
Laboratory of Microbial Ecology, National Institute of Dental Research, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
J Bacteriol 174:7729-42. 1992..in Escherichia coli LE392 by using the cosmid vectors pCP13 and pYA2329, a derivative of pCP13 specifying spectinomycin resistance. The cosmid libraries were screened with convalescent-phase anti-B...
- Characterization of Salmonella enterica serovar typhimurium DT104 isolated from Denmark and comparison with isolates from Europe and the United StatesD L Baggesen
Danish Veterinary Laboratory, DK 1790 Copenhagen V, Denmark
J Clin Microbiol 38:1581-6. 2000..All but 10 isolates were resistant to ampicillin, chloramphenicol, spectinomycin, streptomycin, sulfonamides, and tetracycline...
- Fluoroquinolone-resistant Neisseria gonorrhoeae in Bali, Indonesia: 2004Elizabeth A Donegan
University of California, San Francisco, 94143, USA
Sex Transm Dis 33:625-9. 2006..To assess the importance of this observation, we determined antimicrobial susceptibilities and strain types of N. gonorrhoeae isolates from FSWs seen in a sexually transmitted infection (STI) clinic in Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia...
- Identification of plasmid-mediated extended-spectrum and AmpC beta-lactamases in Enterobacter spp. isolated from dogsHanna E Sidjabat
School of Veterinary Science, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, QLD 4072, and Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Women s and Children s Hospital, North Adelaide, SA, Australia
J Med Microbiol 56:426-34. 2007..plasmid (approximately 140 kb) that also conferred resistance to chloramphenicol, gentamicin, spectinomycin, tetracycline, trimethoprim and sulfonamides...
- Antimicrobial susceptibility of Neisseria gonorrhoeae in Cuba (1995-1999): implications for treatment of gonorrheaRafael Llanes
Microbiology Branch, Tropical Medicine Institute Pedro Kouri, Havana, Cuba
Sex Transm Dis 30:10-4. 2003..Antibiotic-resistant strains of Neisseria gonorrhoeae, especially those resistant to penicillin and tetracycline, have spread with remarkable rapidity in many Caribbean countries...
- Reduced susceptibility to azithromycin and high percentages of penicillin and tetracycline resistance in Neisseria gonorrhoeae isolates from Manaus, Brazil, 1998J A Dillon
Department of Biochemistry, Microbiology, and Immunology, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Canada
Sex Transm Dis 28:521-6. 2001..several reports document resistance to third-generation cephalosporins, and the sporadic isolation of spectinomycin-resistant isolates continues unabated...
- tet(L)-mediated tetracycline resistance in bovine Mannheimia and Pasteurella isolatesCorinna Kehrenberg
Institut für Tierzucht, Bundesforschungsanstalt für Landwirtschaft FAL, Höltystr 10, 31535 Neustadt Mariensee, Germany
J Antimicrob Chemother 56:403-6. 2005..Tetracycline-resistant Mannheimia and Pasteurella isolates, which were negative for the tetracycline resistance genes (tet) commonly detected among these bacteria, were investigated for other tet genes present and their location...
- Antimicrobial susceptibilities of Neisseria gonorrhoeae strains isolated in Java, IndonesiaMargareta Ieven
Department of Medical Microbiology, University Hospital Antwerp, UIA, Antwerp, Belgium
Sex Transm Dis 30:25-9. 2003..Despite the rapid spread of antibiotic resistance in gonococci all over Southeast Asia, there is only limited surveillance for antibiotic susceptibility in Indonesia...
- The genome of Aeromonas salmonicida subsp. salmonicida A449: insights into the evolution of a fish pathogenMichael E Reith
NRC Institute for Marine Biosciences, 1411 Oxford Street, Halifax, NS, B3H 3Z1, Canada
BMC Genomics 9:427. 2008..salmonicida subsp. salmonicida causes disease in healthy fish. The genome sequence of A. salmonicida was determined to provide a better understanding of the virulence factors used by this pathogen to infect fish...
- Molecular epidemiology of sequential outbreaks of Acinetobacter baumannii in an intensive care unit shows the emergence of carbapenem resistanceRaffaele Zarrilli
Dipartimento di Scienze Mediche Preventive, Universita di Napoli Federico II, Naples, Italy
J Clin Microbiol 42:946-53. 2004..two open reading frames (ORFs) coding for unknown products; and aadA1a, which confers resistance to spectinomycin and streptomycin...
- Effects of flavophospholipol on resistance in fecal Escherichia coli and enterococci of fattening pigsA E van den Bogaard
Department of Medical Microbiology, University Maastricht, NL 6200 MD Maastricht, The Netherlands
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:110-8. 2002..after disturbance of the colonization resistance of the intestinal flora by a 3-day course of lincomycin and spectinomycin. At the end of the study, the overall prevalence and degree of resistance of E...
- Class 1 integrons and resistance gene cassettes among multidrug resistant Salmonella serovars isolated from slaughter animals and foods of animal origin in EthiopiaBayleyegn Molla
Department of Microbiology and Veterinary Public Health, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Addis Ababa University, P O Box 34, Debre Zeit, Ethiopia
Acta Trop 103:142-9. 2007..6%), tetracycline (75.5%), sulfamethoxazole (60.2%), spectinomycin (53.1%), ampicillin (42.8%), nalidixic acid (34.7%), nitrofurantoin (30.6%), trimethoprim (27...
- Application of flow cytometry for the determination of minimal inhibitory concentration of several antibacterial agents on Mycoplasma hyopneumoniaeP Assunção
Unidad de Epidemiologia y Medicina Preventiva, Facultad de Veterinaria, Universidad de Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Arucas, Spain
J Appl Microbiol 102:1132-7. 2007..of the minimal inhibitory concentrations (MICs) of nine antibacterial agents (enrofloxacin, ciprofloxacin, oxytetracycline, chloramphenicol, tylosin, lincomycin, gentamycin, spectinomycin and streptomycin) against M. hyopneumoniae.
- Antibiotic susceptibility of Neisseria gonorrhoeae in Arkhangelsk, RussiaVeronica Vorobieva
Department of Microbiology and Virology, University of Tromsø, Tromsø, Norway
Sex Transm Infect 83:133-5. 2007..To characterise comprehensively the antibiotic susceptibility of Neisseria gonorrhoeae in Arkhangelsk, Russia, and to investigate whether the recommended treatment guidelines are updated and effective...
- Identification and characterization of integron-mediated antibiotic resistance among Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli isolatesS Zhao
Division of Animal and Food Microbiology, Office of Research, U S Food and Drug Administration, Center for Veterinary Medicine, 8401 Muirkirk Road, Laurel, MD 20708, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 67:1558-64. 2001..O111:NM, O45:H2, and O26:H11 isolates contained the aadA gene encoding resistance to streptomycin and spectinomycin. Integrons identified among the O157:H7 and O103:H2 isolates also possessed a similar aadA gene...
- Integrons and gene cassettes in clinical isolates of co-trimoxazole-resistant Gram-negative bacteriaM Grape
Microbiology and Tumor Biology Center MTC, Clinical Microbiology, Karolinska Institute, Karolinska Hospital L2 02, Stockholm SE 171 76, Sweden
Clin Microbiol Infect 11:185-92. 2005..Thus, only resistance to trimethoprim, streptomycin, spectinomycin and sulphonamides could be explained by the presence of integrons in these isolates...
- Prediction of antibiotic resistance using Neisseria gonorrhoeae multi-antigen sequence typingH M Palmer
Scottish Bacterial Sexually Transmitted Infections Reference Laboratory SBSTIRL, Department of Medical Microbiology, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, 51 Little France Crescent, Edinburgh EH16 5SA, UK
Sex Transm Infect 84:280-4. 2008..To establish whether antibiotic resistance in Neisseria gonorrhoeae is uniform within a given sequence type as determined by N gonorrhoeae multi-antigen sequence typing (NG-MAST)...
- Tendency toward increase in the frequency of isolation of beta-lactamase-nonproducing Neisseria gonorrhoeae exhibiting penicillin resistance, and recent emergence of multidrug-resistant isolates in JapanIntetsu Kobayashi
Chemotherapy Division, Mitsubishi Kagaku Bio Clinical Laboratories, Tokyo, Japan
J Infect Chemother 9:126-30. 2003..to their beta-lactamase production and susceptibility to penicillin G, cefixime, ceftriaxone, tetracycline, spectinomycin, ciprofloxacin, and azithromycin. The frequency of isolation of penicillinase-producing N...
- Molecular characterization of plasmid pBM300 from Bacillus megaterium QM B1551Muthusamy Kunnimalaiyaan
Department of Biological Sciences, Northern Illinois University, De Kalb 60115, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 71:3068-76. 2005..The entire plasmid was isolated from the plasmid array by integrating a spectinomycin resistance gene and transforming a plasmidless strain, PV361...
- Molecular epidemiology and antimicrobial resistance of Salmonella typhimurium DTI04 on Ontario swine farmsAbdolvahab Farzan
Department of Population Medicine, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario N1G 2W1
Can J Vet Res 72:188-94. 2008..antimicrobials with the most frequent resistance being to sulfonamides (Su), ampicillin (A), streptomycin (S), spectinomycin (Sp), chloramphenicol (C), tetracycline (T), and florfenicol (F)...
- Analysis and distribution of class 1 and class 2 integrons and associated gene cassettes among Escherichia coli isolates from swine, horses, cats and dogs collected in the BfT-GermVet monitoring studyKristina Kadlec
Institute of Farm Animal Genetics, Friedrich Loeffler Institute, Höltystr 10, 31535 Neustadt Mariensee, Germany
J Antimicrob Chemother 62:469-73. 2008..This study dealt with the identification of integron-associated resistance genes among these isolates...
- Development of a toxicogenomics in vitro assay for the efficient characterization of compoundsYi Yang
Abbott Laboratories, Department of Cellular and Molecular Toxicology, 100 Abbott Park Rd, Abbott Park, IL 60064 6123, USA
Pharmacogenomics 7:177-86. 2006..bezafibrate, clofibrate, and Wy-14643 as peroxisome proliferators, and chlorpheniramine, penicillin and spectinomycin as negative controls...
- Antibiotic susceptibility of Riemerella anatipestifer field isolatesChong Yue Zhong
Avian Disease Research Centre, College of Veterinary Medicine, Sichuan Agriculture University, Ya an, Sichuan, 625014, China
Avian Dis 53:601-7. 2009..anatipestifer to cefoperazone, piperacillin, spectinomycin, and aztreonam. In addition to determining the antibiotic-resistance profiles of R...
- Efflux-mediated aminoglycoside and macrolide resistance in Burkholderia pseudomalleiR A Moore
Department of Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, University of Calgary Health Sciences Centre, Alberta, Canada
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 43:465-70. 1999..their susceptibilities to the aminoglycosides streptomycin, gentamicin, neomycin, tobramycin, kanamycin, and spectinomycin. In addition, both mutants, in contrast to the parent, were susceptible to the macrolides erythromycin and ..
- Detection of a streptomycin/spectinomycin adenylyltransferase gene (aadA) in Enterococcus faecalisN C Clark
Hospital Infections Program, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 43:157-60. 1999Genes encoding streptomycin/spectinomycin adenylyltransferases [ANT(3")(9)] have been reported to exist in gram-negative organisms and Staphylococcus aureus...
- Comparative analysis of antibiotic resistance characteristics of Gram-negative bacteria isolated from laying hens and eggs in conventional and organic keeping systems in Bavaria, GermanyK Schwaiger
Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Zoonoses Public Health 55:331-41. 2008..of the serogroup B (n=4) up to six antibiotics. All tested Salmonella (n=23) proved to be resistant to spectinomycin. Escherichia coli (n=257(org) and 276(con)) from organic layers showed significant lower resistance rates and ..
- Correlation between In vitro susceptibility and treatment outcome with azithromycin in gonorrhoea: a prospective studyP Khaki
Department of Microbiology, Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi 110 002, India
Indian J Med Microbiol 25:354-7. 2007..Also, the correlation between in vitro susceptibility and treatment outcome with single 2 g oral dose azithromycin was assessed...
- Salmonella enterica serotype Typhimurium carrying hybrid virulence-resistance plasmids (pUO-StVR): a new multidrug-resistant group endemic in SpainAna Herrero
Departamento de Biologia Funcional, Area de Microbiologia, Facultad de Medicina, University of Oviedo, C Julián Clavería No 6, E 33006 Oviedo, Spain
Int J Med Microbiol 298:253-61. 2008..isolates (>89%) shared the following features: (i) resistance to ampicillin, chloramphenicol, streptomycin/spectinomycin, sulfonamides, and tetracycline, encoded by bla(OXA-1)-catA1-aadA1-sul1-tet(B); (ii) a class 1 integron (InH) ..
- Impact of feed supplementation with antimicrobial agents on growth performance of broiler chickens, Clostridium perfringens and enterococcus counts, and antibiotic resistance phenotypes and distribution of antimicrobial resistance determinants in EschericMoussa S Diarra
Pacific Agri Food Research Centre, Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, Agassiz, British Columbia, Canada
Appl Environ Microbiol 73:6566-76. 2007..Resistance to tetracycline (68.5%), amoxicillin (61.4%), ceftiofur (51.3%), spectinomycin (47.2%), and sulfonamides (42%) was most frequent...
- Chloroplast-encoded chlB is required for light-independent protochlorophyllide reductase activity in Chlamydomonas reinhardtiiJ Li
Department of Biology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville 22903
Plant Cell 5:1817-29. 1993..reduction in this alga, a series of plasmids were constructed in which the aadA gene conferring spectinomycin resistance was inserted at three different sites within the chlB gene...
- Antibiotic resistance in food-borne bacterial contaminants in VietnamThi Thu Hao Van
School of Applied Sciences, RMIT University, Building 3, Level 1, Room 2, City Campus, Melbourne, Victoria 3001, Australia
Appl Environ Microbiol 73:7906-11. 2007..integrons harbored various gene cassettes, including aadA1, aadA2, and aadA5 (resistance to streptomycin and spectinomycin), aacA4 (resistance to aminoglycosides), the dihydrofolate reductase gene cassettes dhfrXII, dfrA1, and ..
- Prevalence and antibiotic-resistance characteristics of Enterococcus spp. Isolated from free-living and captive raptors in Central IllinoisJudilee Marrow
College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Illinois, Urbana, Illinois 61802, USA
J Wildl Dis 45:302-13. 2009..characteristics, including almost complete resistance to amikacin, first-generation cephalosporins, spectinomycin, and sulphadimethoxime...
- Chloroplast transformation of rapeseed (Brassica napus) by particle bombardment of cotyledonsLin Cheng
Molecular Biotechnology Laboratory of Triticeae Crops, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan 430070, People s Republic of China
Plant Cell Rep 29:371-81. 2010..After bombardment, cotyledonary segments were cultured for callus formation on media containing 10 mg/l spectinomycin and regeneration was carried out on medium with 20 mg/l spectinomycin...
- Phenotypic and genetic diversity in Sinorhizobium meliloti and S. medicae from drought and salt affected regions of MoroccoNadia Elboutahiri
Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique INRA, Centre Régional de la Recherche Agronomique de Rabat, B, P, 415, Rabat, Morocco
BMC Microbiol 10:15. 2010....
- Susceptibility of Escherichia coli isolated from uteri of postpartum dairy cows to antibiotic and environmental bacteriophages. Part II: In vitro antimicrobial activity evaluation of a bacteriophage cocktail and several antibioticsT M A Santos
Department of Population Medicine and Diagnostic Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
J Dairy Sci 93:105-14. 2010..characterized for antimicrobial resistance to ampicillin, ceftiofur, chloramphenicol, florfenicol, spectinomycin, streptomycin, and tetracycline by broth microdilution method...
- A predominant multidrug-resistant Salmonella enterica serovar Saintpaul clonal line in German turkey and related food productsJanine Beutlich
Federal Institute for Risk Assessment, Diedersdorfer Weg 1, Berlin, Germany
Appl Environ Microbiol 76:3657-67. 2010..intermediate) to ampicillin, amoxicillin-clavulanic acid, gentamicin, kanamycin, nalidixic acid, streptomycin, spectinomycin, and sulfamethoxazole and intermediate resistance or decreased susceptibility to ciprofloxacin (MIC, 2 or 1 ..
- Changing figures of antimicrobial susceptibility and serovar distribution in Neisseria gonorrhoeae isolated in GreeceEva Tzelepi
National Reference Center for Neisseria gonorrhoeae, Laboratory of Bacteriology, Hellenic Pasteur Institute, Athens, Greece
Sex Transm Dis 37:115-20. 2010..To update surveillance data on antimicrobial susceptibility of Neisseria gonorrhoeae isolated in Greece with information for the years 2005 to 2008, and analyze changes occurred from the previous 4-year period...
- Sewage sludge and liquid pig manure as possible sources of antibiotic resistant bacteriaChristina S Hölzel
Chair of Animal Hygiene, Technische Universitat Munchen, Weihenstephaner Berg 3, 85354 Freising, Germany 18940557
Environ Res 110:318-26. 2010..E. coli (n=613) from pig manure were at a significantly higher degree resistant to streptomycin, doxycycline, spectinomycin, cotrimoxazole, and chloramphenicol than E. coli (n=116) from sewage sludge. Enterococci (Ent...
- Development of novel proteins synthesis inhibitors for MDR tuberculosisRICHARD EDWARD LEE; Fiscal Year: 2010..We focused on the low molecular weight aminocyclitol spectinomycin as it: has been under studied;has a safe pharmacological profile;targets a ribosomal binding site highly ..
- POLYSOMES & SUBUNITS: STRUCTURE-FUNCTION RELATIONSHIPSALBERT DAHLBERG; Fiscal Year: 1992..sites for missense suppression, regions in 16S and 23S rRNA which confer resistance to antibiotics such as spectinomycin, streptomycin, the amino-glycosides, and thiostrepton, and finally regions in 16S rRNA which are involved in ..
- MOLECULAR AND FUNCTIONAL STUDIES OF H INFLUENZAE B PILIJanet Gilsdorf; Fiscal Year: 1993..Pili deficient (p-) mutants are being constructed by insertion of the 2 kb omega fragment encoding spectinomycin and streptomycin resistance...
- NUCLEIC ACID STRUCTURE/FUNCTION IN GENE EXPRESSIONDEBORAH STEEGE; Fiscal Year: 2000..The approach is to use a 16S rRNA mutant with an altered anti-Shine-Dalgarno sequence to direct entry of a spectinomycin-resistant ribosome selectively to the upstream gene, which has been provided a Shine-Dalgarno sequence ..
- STRUCTURE AND MECHANISM OF RIBOSOMAL RNA IN THE RIBSOMEPaul Wollenzien; Fiscal Year: 2002..and 70S ribosome; (2) Determine the details of the structural changes that occur during tetracycline and spectinomycin binding and determine how these changes interfere with tRNA binding and the translocation process; (3) ..
- NUCLEIC ACID STRUCTURE-FUNCTION IN GENE EXPRESSIONDEBORAH STEEGE; Fiscal Year: 1993..in vitro, using a 16S rRNA mutant with an altered anti-Shine- Dalgarno sequence to direct entry of a spectinomycin-resistant ribosome to an upstream cistron bearing the complimentary Shine-Dalgarno sequence...
- Expression of Human Therapeutic Proteins in Transgenic Tobacco ChloroplastsHenry Daniell; Fiscal Year: 2006..Successful completion of these studies would make transgenic chloroplasts ideal bioreactors for the production of safe and less expensive therapeutic proteins and open the door for in depth studies of membrane proteins. ..
- Expression of Human Therapeutic Proteins in ChloroplastsHenry Daniell; Fiscal Year: 2005..Large scale and low cost production via transgenic chloroplasts should provide treatment to patients at an affordable cost and tobacco farmers alternate uses for this hazardous crop. ..
- Expression of Human Therapeutic Proteins in Transgenic Tobacco ChloroplastsHenry Daniell; Fiscal Year: 2010..Successful completion of these studies would make transgenic chloroplasts ideal bioreactors for the production of safe and less expensive therapeutic proteins and open the door for in depth studies of membrane proteins. ..
- Expression of Human Therapeutic Proteins in Transgenic Tobacco ChloroplastsHenry Daniell; Fiscal Year: 2009..Successful completion of these studies would make transgenic chloroplasts ideal bioreactors for the production of safe and less expensive therapeutic proteins and open the door for in depth studies of membrane proteins. ..
- Gonococcal Pilus Structure and FunctionH Seifert; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will provide new findings and insights into the structure and functions of the gonococcal pilus. ..
- Molecular Genetics of the gonococcusH Seifert; Fiscal Year: 2009..This work will help establish how Gc has evolved to subvert the innate immune response and allow continued transmission within infected populations. ..
- Molecular Genetics of the gonococcusH Seifert; Fiscal Year: 2007..This work will help establish how Gc has evolved to subvert the innate immune response and allow continued transmission within infected populations. ..
- MECHANISMS OF GONOCOCCAL PILIN ANTIGENIC/PHASE VARIATIONH Seifert; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- MECHANISMS OF GONOCOCCAL PILIN ANTIGENIC/PHASE VARIATIONH Seifert; Fiscal Year: 2002..Through these investigations, this project will continue to define the molecular mechanism used to allow these high frequency recombination reactions that are of critical importance to the pathogenesis of gonorrhea. ..
- MOLECULAR ANALYSIS OF GONOCOCCAL RECA FUNCTIONSH Seifert; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies will aid in the understanding of gonococcal pathogenesis, and help define how the Gc and Ec RecA proteins mediate different cellular processes. ..