Genomes and Genes
Summary: An antiseptic with mild fungistatic, bacteriostatic, anthelmintic, and amebicidal action. It is also used as a reagent and metal chelator, as a carrier for radio-indium for diagnostic purposes, and its halogenated derivatives are used in addition as topical anti-infective agents and oral antiamebics.
Publications203 found, 100 shown here
- Indium-111 oxine labelling affects the cellular integrity of haematopoietic progenitor cellsBernd Nowak
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University Hospital, RWTH Aachen University, Pauwelsstrasse 30, 52074, Aachen, Germany
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 34:715-21. 2007..Radioactive labelling with (111)In-oxine has been used in preclinical trials. This study aimed to validate (111)In-oxine labelling and subsequent in vivo and ex vivo detection of haematopoietic progenitor cells...
- Assessment of the tissue distribution of transplanted human endothelial progenitor cells by radioactive labelingAlexandra Aicher
Department of Molecular Cardiology, University of Frankfurt, Frankfurt, Germany
Circulation 107:2134-9. 2003..However, tissue distribution of transplanted EPCs has not yet been monitored in living animals. Therefore, we tested whether radioactive labeling allows us to detect injected EPCs...
- Usefulness of indium-111-oxine-labeled leukocyte scintigraphy in diagnosis of inflammation associated with chronic aortic dissectionK Takahashi
Department of Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Division, Hyogo College of Medicine, Nishinomiya, Japan
Ann Nucl Med 15:527-32. 2001....
- Quinoline biodegradation and its nitrogen transformation pathway by a Pseudomonas sp. strainYaohui Bai
College of Environmental Sciences and Engineering, Peking University, Beijing, 100871, People s Republic of China
Biodegradation 21:335-44. 2010..The study also demonstrated that quinoline and its metabolic products can be eliminated if the C/N ratio is properly controlled in the treatment of quinoline-containing wastewater...
- Suppression of pyrite oxidation by iron 8-hydroxyquinolineY Lan
College of Sciences, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing, 210095, China
Arch Environ Contam Toxicol 43:168-74. 2002....
- Cell therapy in murine atherosclerosis: in vivo imaging with high-resolution helical SPECTSreekanth Vemulapalli
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Duke University Medical Center, Box 3808 DUMC, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Radiology 242:198-207. 2007....
- Noninvasive in vivo imaging of monocyte trafficking to atherosclerotic lesionsMoritz F Kircher
Center for Molecular Imaging Research, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, Mass, USA
Circulation 117:388-95. 2008..We sought to establish a noninvasive technique to determine monocyte trafficking to atherosclerotic lesions in live animals...
- Indium-111 OXINE scintigram in children with cITP: clinical usefulness for indicating splenectomySo ichi Suenobu
Int J Hematol 87:233-5. 2008
- Simultaneous assessment of gastric accommodation and emptying: studies with liquid and solid mealsHrair P Simonian
Gastroenterology Section, Department of Medicine, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19140, USA
J Nucl Med 45:1155-60. 2004..The aim of this study was to develop a scintigraphic test to measure gastric emptying and accommodation simultaneously...
- Real-time measurement of non-lethal platelet thromboembolic responses in the anaesthetized mouseCharalambos Tymvios
Sir Alexander Fleming Building, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College London, Exhibition Road, London, UK
Thromb Haemost 99:435-40. 2008....
- Anticancer compounds as leishmanicidal drugs: challenges in chemotherapy and future perspectivesMiguel A Fuertes
Centro de Biología Molecular Severo Ochua, CSIC UAM, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Spain
Curr Med Chem 15:433-9. 2008..We finally discuss challenges in chemotherapy and future prospects in the treatment of leishmaniasis...
- In vivo tracking of dendritic cells in patients with multiple myelomaH Miles Prince
Division of Haematology and Medical Oncology, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, St Andrew s Place, East Melbourne, VIC 3002, Australia
J Immunother 31:166-79. 2008..SC and ID routes produced similar levels of DC migration...
- Imaging of intestinal lymphocyte homing by means of pinhole SPECT in a TNBS colitis mouse modelRoelof J Bennink
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Nucl Med Biol 31:93-101. 2004..The aim of this study was to evaluate a non-invasive scintigraphic technique, able to assess lymphocyte trafficking in a trinitrobenzene sulfonic acid (TNBS) induced mouse colitis model of IBD...
- Nuclear medicine and infection detection: the relative effectiveness of imaging with 111In-oxine-, 99mTc-HMPAO-, and 99mTc-stannous fluoride colloid-labeled leukocytes and with 67Ga-citrateDavina K Hughes
School of Medical Radiation Sciences, University of Sydney, C42, Sydney, New South Wales 2006, Australia
J Nucl Med Technol 31:196-201; quiz 203-4. 2003....
- 111In oxine labelled mesenchymal stem cell SPECT after intravenous administration in myocardial infarctionB B Chin
Department of Radiology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Nucl Med Commun 24:1149-54. 2003..Because intravenous administration of MSCs results in significant lung activity that obscures the assessment of myocardial cell trafficking, alternative routes of administration should be investigated for this application...
- Diagnostic accuracy of the physical examination and imaging tests for osteomyelitis underlying diabetic foot ulcers: meta-analysisMarie T Dinh
Section of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison
Clin Infect Dis 47:519-27. 2008..45, 2.84, 24.36, 2.10, and 10.07, respectively. The presence of exposed bone or a positive probe-to-bone test result is moderately predictive of osteomyelitis. MRI is the most accurate imaging test for diagnosis of osteomyelitis...
- Role of lipid-soluble complexes in targeted tumor therapyMathew L Thakur
Department of Radiology, Thomas Jefferson University, 1020 Locust Street, Suite 359JAH, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
J Nucl Med 44:1293-300. 2003..This study assessed the therapeutic significance of lipid-soluble compounds of (111)In, which passively diffuse through the cell membrane, bind to cytoplasmic components, and remain cell bound until decay...
- Radiolabelled white blood cells and inflammatory bowel diseaseH W Gray
Nucl Med Commun 24:441; author reply 441. 2003
- Conversion of tris(8-quinolinolato-N1, O8) aluminum to 8-hydroxyquinoline and activity in bacterial reverse mutation assaysJ Caroline English
Health, Safety, and Environment, Health and Environment Laboratories, Eastman Kodak Company, 1100 Ridgeway Avenue, Rochester, NY 14652 6272, USA
Mutat Res 582:95-104. 2005..Bacterial mutagenicity tests have not been shown to predict in vivo effects of 8OHQ; these assays are similarly expected to be poorly predictive of in vivo genotoxic and carcinogenic potential of AlQ...
- A novel strategy for the design of 8-hydroxyquinolinate-based lanthanide bioprobes that emit in the near infrared rangeSteve Comby
Laboratory of Lanthanide Supramolecular Chemistry, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne EPFL, BCH 1402, 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
Chemistry 13:936-44. 2007..Finally, the same podate is shown to couple to human serum albumin, leading to an increase of 50 % in the NIR-luminescence intensity...
- Catalytic enantioselective allenylation reactions of aldehydes with tethered bis(8-quinolinolato) (TBOx) chromium complexGuoyao Xia
Department of Chemistry, The University of Chicago, 5735 South Ellis Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
J Am Chem Soc 129:496-7. 2007
- Quantitative magnetic resonance and SPECT imaging for macrophage tissue migration and nanoformulated drug deliverySanthi Gorantla
Center for Neurovirology and Neurodegenerative Disorders, University of Nebraska Medical Center, 985880 Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 5880, USA
J Leukoc Biol 80:1165-74. 2006..These data show real-time kinetics and destinations of macrophage trafficking and demonstrate the feasibility of monitoring macrophage-based, nanoformulated ART...
- [Usefulness of 111In-oxine labelled platelets in the management of febrile syndrome in dialysis patients with non-functional renal allografts]J Ortin-Perez
Servicio de Medicina Nuclear, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Espana
Rev Esp Med Nucl 25:289-93. 2006..To evaluate the usefulness of 111In-oxine-labelled platelet scan in the therapeutic management of prolonged febrile syndrome in dialysis patients with a non-functional renal allograft...
- Indium-111-oxine-labeled platelet scintigraphic images in the assessment of thrombogenicity in small-caliber prosthetic vascular graftsTomomi Hasegawa
Division of Cardiovascular, Thoracic, and Pediatric Surgery, Department of Cardio Pulmonary and Vascular Medicine, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe, Japan
ASAIO J 52:140-4. 2006..In-platelet scintigraphic images are useful for evaluating platelet deposition in small-caliber vascular prostheses if they are performed with a proper understanding of their limitations...
- Fluoride ion detection by 8-hydroxyquinoline-Zr(IV)-EDTA complexR Sai Sathish
Department of Chemistry, Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning, Prashanthi Nilayam, Andhra Pradesh 515134, India
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 65:565-70. 2006..Job's method of continuous variation and the molar ratio method ascertain a 1:1 stoichiometry composition of the chelate in aqueous media...
- PET with FDG-labeled leukocytes versus scintigraphy with 111In-oxine-labeled leukocytes for detection of infectionJosephine N Rini
Division of Nuclear Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, Division of Vascular Surgery, Long Island Jewish Medical Center, New Hyde Park, NY 11040, USA
Radiology 238:978-87. 2006....
- Depiction of residual emboli following pulmonary embolism with thrombotic scintigraphyKeiko Takahashi
Department of Cardiology, Takarazuka Municipal Hospital, 5 1, 4 cho me, Kohama, Takarazuka, Hyogo 665 0821, Japan
Ann Nucl Med 19:641-5. 2005..We attempted to depict the residual emboli in the subacute stage of PE using indium-111-oxine labeled platelet scintigraphy (In-plt)...
- Suppression of survival in human SKBR3 breast carcinoma in response to metal-chelator complexes is preferential for copper-dithiocarbamateMaricela Viola-Rhenals
Instituto Venezolano de Investigaciones Cientificas, IVIC, Centre for Microbiology and Cell Biology, Laboratory of Tumor Cell Biology, Apartado 21827, Caracas 1020 A, Venezuela
Biochem Pharmacol 71:722-34. 2006..Since Cu[DEDTC]2 shows more effectiveness than other metal-chelator complexes, it may be worth further investigation as an alternative to cancer therapies...
- Stable 8-hydroxyquinolinate-based podates as efficient sensitizers of lanthanide near-infrared luminescenceSteve Comby
Laboratory of Lanthanide Supramolecular Chemistry, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne EPFL, BCH 1402, CH 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
Inorg Chem 45:732-43. 2006..04% and = 0.37%). In fact, TsoxMe yields one of the most luminescent Yb(III) compounds known in water, and this ligand appears to be suitable for the development of NIR probes for bioanalyses...
- Early results from a phase I study on orally administered tris(8-quinolinolato)gallium(III) (FFC11, KP46) in patients with solid tumors--a CESAR study (Central European Society for Anticancer Drug Research--EWIV)R D Hofheinz
Onkologisches Zentrum, III Medizinische Klinik, Fakultät für Klinische Medizin Mannheim der Universität Heidelberg, Germany
Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther 43:590-1. 2005
- Exciton dissociation in organic light emitting diodes at the donor-acceptor interfaceQ L Song
School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, 70 Nanyang Drive, Singapore 637457
Phys Rev Lett 98:176403. 2007..quot;..
- Organic nanowire-templated fabrication of alumina nanotubes by atomic layer depositionChih Chieh Wang
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, National Tsing Hua University, Hsinchu 300, Taiwan
Nano Lett 7:1566-9. 2007..Amorphous alumina nanotubes were obtained after removing the GaQ3 by dissolving in toluene or by heat treatment at 350 degrees C. The amorphous nanotubes could be crystallized by heating at 900 degrees C for 1 h in vacuum...
- Radiolabeled cell distribution after intramyocardial, intracoronary, and interstitial retrograde coronary venous delivery: implications for current clinical trialsDongming Hou
Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Circulation 112:I150-6. 2005..We evaluated the short-term fate of peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMNCs) after intramyocardial (IM), intracoronary (IC), and interstitial retrograde coronary venous (IRV) delivery in an ischemic swine model...
- Naturally formed coronary arterial thrombus detected by In-111 oxine platelet imagingChunlei Zhao
Department of Radiology, Asahikawa Medical College Hospital, Asahikawa, 078 8510 Japan
Clin Nucl Med 30:492-5. 2005
- Enhanced sensitivity and resolution in (1)H solid-state NMR spectroscopy of paramagnetic complexes under very fast magic angle spinningNalinda P Wickramasinghe
Department of Chemistry, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60607, USA
J Am Chem Soc 127:5796-7. 2005..It was demonstrated that 1H VFMAS SSNMR spectra accumulated for 20 nmol of the polycrystalline samples in 10 min enabled one to distinguish alpha- and beta-forms of Cu(II)(8-quinolinol)2 on the basis of shift positions and line widths...
- Bone marrow-derived lin(-)c-kit(+)Sca-1+ stem cells do not contribute to vasculogenesis in Lewis lung carcinomaVivek R Shinde Patil
Center for Molecular Imaging Research, Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Neoplasia 7:234-40. 2005..Furthermore, our results support the hypothesis that new vessel formation in carcinomas occurs primarily through endothelialization from adjacent and preexisting vasculature...
- Selective oxidation of methane by the bis(mu-oxo)dicopper core stabilized on ZSM-5 and mordenite zeolitesMarijke H Groothaert
Center for Surface Chemistry and Catalysis, K U Leuven, Kasteelpark Arenberg 23, B 3001 Leuven, Belgium
J Am Chem Soc 127:1394-5. 2005..These three lines of evidence firmly support the key role of the bis(mu-oxo)dicopper core in this selective, low-temperature hydroxylation of methane...
- Critical evaluation of radiolabeled lymphocytes to detect acute renal transplant rejection in a large animal modelJohn D Petronis
Division of Nuclear Medicine, The Francis Scott Key Medical Center, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Med Sci Monit 8:BR515-20. 2002..Since rejection involves lymphocytes, which the other courses of dysfunction do not, radiolabeling lymphocytes is an attractive technique to diagnose rejection non-invasively...
- In-111-labeled platelet scintigraphies in patients with chronic hepatitis CShyh Jen Wang
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Taichung Veterans General Hospital, No 160, Sec 3, Taichung Harbor Road, Taichung 407, Taiwan
Hepatogastroenterology 49:1066-8. 2002..In this study, we utilized In-111 oxine-labeled platelet scintigraphies to evaluate patients with chronic hepatitis C (with and without thrombocytopenia)...
- Imaging of abdominal infection using 99m Tc stannous fluoride colloid labelled leukocytesN J Carter
East Kent Hospitals NHS Trust, Kent and Canterbury Hospital, Canterbury, Kent, UK
Nucl Med Commun 23:153-60. 2002....
- Optimization of dispersive liquid-liquid microextraction of copper (II) by atomic absorption spectrometry as its oxinate chelate: application to determination of copper in different water samplesMir Ali Farajzadeh
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Chemistry, Tabriz University, Tabriz, Iran
Talanta 75:832-40. 2008..The relative standard deviation was 5.1% for six repeated determinations at a concentration of 500 microg L(-1). The limit of detection (S/N=3) was 3 microg L(-1)...
- Role of reactive oxygen species in cupric 8-quinolinoxide-induced genotoxic effectB Y You
Institute of Toxicology, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, No. 1, Sec. 1, Jen-Ai Road, ROC, Taipei, Taiwan
Mutat Res 491:45-56. 2001..Its expression level is recoverable by antioxidants too. In conclusion, our current study strongly suggests that CuQ induces gene mutation, global DNA damage, and P53 expression through a ROS-dependent mechanism...
- The dynamic in vivo distribution of bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells after infusionJ Gao
Skeletal Research Center, Department of Biology, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Cells Tissues Organs 169:12-20. 2001..These results indicate multiple homing sites for injected MSCs and that the distribution of MSCs can be influenced by administration of vasodilator...
- A comparative thrombogenicity study of heparin soaked fluoro-passivated polyester and ePTFE patches in sheepA Margovsky
Surgical Professorial Unit, St Vincent s Hospital, Sydney, Australia
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 23:39-43. 2002..to compare heparin soaked fluoro-passivated gelatine sealed polyester and expanded polytetrafluoroethylene (ePTFE) patches in a sheep model of acute platelet accumulation following patch angioplasty. MATERIALS and..
- [Indium-111-oxine labeled platelet and leucocyte scintigraphy for diagnosis of thrombi and inflammation]M Ohyanagi
Department of Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Division, Hyogo College of Medicine
Kaku Igaku 38:295-300. 2001..I introduced our studies of In-WBC in aortic aneurysma and aortic dissection. The In-WBC maybe useful for detection of inflammation of the aortic aneurysma and evaluation of prognosis of aortic dissection...
- Role of reentry of in vivo alloMHC peptide-activated T cells into the adult thymus in acquired systemic toleranceR Gopinathan
Department of Surgery, Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, 630 West 168th Street, New York, NY 10032, USA
Transplantation 72:1533-41. 2001..Our results suggest that the thymus is open to a two-way traffic with the periphery and may function as a repository of immunological memory...
- Platelet scintigraphy in the diagnosis of arteriosclerosis obliteransYoshihisa Morimoto
Department of Surgery, Division II, Kobe University School of Medicine, 7 5 2 Kusunoki cho, Chuo Ku, Kobe, Hyogo 650 0017, Japan
Surg Today 32:875-9. 2002..We evaluated the efficacy of platelet scintigraphy using autologous platelets labeled with 111In-oxine, to assess the degree of arteriosclerotic activity in arteriosclerosis obliterans (ASO)...
- Comparison of two-dimensional echocardiography with scanography and indium-111 platelet scintigraphy in detection of intracardiac thrombiM Benichou
Service de cardiologie, C H U Timone, Marseille, France
Acta Cardiol 43:93-109. 1988..They attempt to define their respective diagnostic values in the presence of left ventricular and atrial thrombi...
- Pulmonary activity on labelled leukocyte images: patterns of uptake and their significanceC Love
Division of Nuclear Medicine, Long Island Jewish Medical Center, New Hyde Park, New York 11040, USA
Nucl Med Commun 23:559-63. 2002..Focal pulmonary activity strongly suggests pneumonia, while diffuse pulmonary activity is unlikely to indicate infection...
- Radiolabelled white blood cells in inflammatory bowel diseasesJose Martin-Comin
Nucl Med Commun 23:1039-40. 2002
- Circulation and distribution of autotransfused fresh, liquid-preserved and cryopreserved baboon plateletsC R Valeri
Naval Blood Research Laboratory, Boston University School of Medicine, 615 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Vox Sang 83:347-51. 2002..Simultaneous organ-distribution studies were performed to determine the percentage uptake of platelets by the spleen and/or liver...
- Electrokinetic remediation of clayey soils containing copper(II)-oxinate using humic acid as a surfactantAkira Sawada
Division of Material Science, Graduate School of Environmental Earth Science, Hokkaido University, Kita 10, Nishi 5, Kita ku, Sapporo 060 0810, Hokkaido, Japan
J Hazard Mater 96:145-54. 2003..This can be attributed to the fact that the water solubility of Cu(OX)(2) is enhanced by the presence of HA. Thus, we conclude that HA has a potential for use as an amendment for the ER of hydrophobic chemicals, such as Cu(OX)(2)...
- Circulation and distribution of 111-In-oxine-labeled autologous baboon platelet aggregates and buffy coatC Robert Valeri
Naval Blood Research Laboratory, Boston University School of Medicine, 615 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Transfus Apher Sci 32:139-46. 2005..Although it is known that RBC concentrates may contain buffy coat and platelet concentrates may contain platelet aggregates, the circulation and distribution of these materials in the blood products have never been reported...
- Photonic crystal aqueous metal cation sensing materialsSanford A Asher
Department of Chemistry, Chevron Science Center, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15260, USA
Anal Chem 75:1676-83. 2003..This sensing material could be used in the field to visually determine metal cation concentrations in drinking water. A color chart would be used to relate the diffracted color to the metal cation concentration...
- Aluminum determination in biological fluids and dialysis concentrates via chelation with 8-hydroxyquinoline and solvent extraction/fluorimetryM Buratti
Fondazione Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico Mangiagalli e Regina Elena, Dipartimento di Medicina del Lavoro, Laboratorio di Tossicologia Professionale, Milan, Italy
Anal Biochem 353:63-8. 2006..A correlation coefficient of 0.98 was obtained. The proposed method could be used for routine analysis in clinical laboratories for accurate determination of aluminum in aqueous or biological fluids...
- Antioxidant effects of quinoline alkaloids and 2,4-di-tert-butylphenol isolated from Scolopendra subspinipesMi Ae Yoon
Insect Resources Laboratory, Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Daejeon, Korea
Biol Pharm Bull 29:735-9. 2006..In addition, compounds 1-3 showed 1,1-diphenyl-2-picrylhydrasyl (DPPH) radical scavenging activity and compound 1 also exhibited metal chelating activity...
- Significance of physicochemical forms of storage in microalgae in predicting copper transfer to filter-feeding oysters (Crassostrea gigas)Claude Amiard-Triquet
Service d Ecotoxicologie, SMAB Ple Mer et Littoral, Universite de Nantes, 2 rue de la Houssiniere, BP 92208, 44322 Nantes Cedex 3, France
Environ Toxicol 21:1-7. 2006..ostrearia, but caution is recommended in generalizing this mode of assessment as shown in the case of T. suecica...
- Hepatocyte or serum albumin protein carbonylation by oxidized fructose metabolites: Glyceraldehyde or glycolaldehyde as endogenous toxins?Qiang Dong
College of Veterinary Medicine, Northwest A and F University, Yangling, Shaanxi 712100, China
Chem Biol Interact 188:31-7. 2010..A perpetual cycle of oxidative stress in hepatocytes could lead to cytotoxicity and contribute to NASH development...
- Reactive oxygen species and human platelet GP IIb/IIIa receptor activationJohn C Sill
Department of Anesthesiology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Platelets 18:613-9. 2007....
- Clioquinol and pyrrolidine dithiocarbamate complex with copper to form proteasome inhibitors and apoptosis inducers in human breast cancer cellsKenyon G Daniel
The Prevention Program, Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute, and Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan, USA
Breast Cancer Res 7:R897-908. 2005..Tetrathiomolybdate (TM), a strong copper chelator currently being tested in clinical trials, is used as a comparison...
- Novel permethylated beta-cyclodextrin derivatives appended with chromophores as efficient fluorescent sensors for the molecular recognition of bile saltsYu Liu
Department of Chemistry, State Key Laboratory of Elemento organic Chemistry, Nankai University, Tianjin, 300071, People s Republic of China
J Org Chem 72:8227-34. 2007....
- The evaluation of liposome-water partitioning of 8-hydroxyquinolines and their copper complexesSibylle M Kaiser
Department of Environmental Toxicology, Swiss Federal Institute for Aquatic Science and Technology Eawag, CH 8600 Dubendorf, Switzerland
Environ Sci Technol 40:1784-91. 2006....
- Propargylamine containing compounds as modulators of proteolytic cleavage of amyloid-beta protein precursor: involvement of MAPK and PKC activationOrit Bar-Am
Eve Topf and USA National Parkinson Foundation Centers of Excellence for Neurodegenerative Diseases Research and Department of Pharmacology, Rappaport Family Research Institute, Technion Faculty of Medicine, Haifa, Israel
J Alzheimers Dis 21:361-71. 2010..This review will summarize and discuss current research, focused on the effect of propargylamine-related derivatives on the proteolytic processing of AbetaPP and signal transduction mechanisms...
- Coregistration of magnetic resonance and single photon emission computed tomography images for noninvasive localization of stem cells grafted in the infarcted rat myocardiumDinggang Shen
Department of Radiology, School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Mol Imaging Biol 9:24-31. 2007..Only the rotational error is dependent on activity of SPECT data. Stem cells were labeled with (111)Indium oxyquinoline and grafted in the ischemic myocardium of a rat model...
- Simultaneous determination of suspended particulate trace metals (Co, Ni, Cu, Zn, Cd and Pb) in seawater with small volume filtration assisted by microwave digestion and flow injection inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometerSeiji Nakatsuka
Institute for Chemical Research, Kyoto University, Uji, Kyoto 611 0011, Japan
Anal Chim Acta 594:52-60. 2007..3) and marine sediment (HISS-1). The method was applied to the determination of vertical distributions for P-Co, Ni, Cu, Zn, Cd and Pb in the Western North Pacific...
- Development of a chromatographic bioreactor based on immobilized beta-glucuronidase on monolithic support for the determination of dextromethorphan and dextrorphan in human urineE Calleri
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of Pavia, Via Taramelli 12, Pavia I 27100, Italy
J Pharm Biomed Anal 35:1179-89. 2004..The method reliability was verified by comparing our data with previous data of a phenotyping study carried out by the Poison Control Centre of Pavia-Clinical Toxicology Division...
- Delayed hyperresistance of endothelial cells to photodynamic inactivation after contact with heminF Lin
Department of Biochemistry, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee 53226, USA
Photochem Photobiol 68:211-7. 1998..Consequent upregulation of ferritin could impact negatively on the efficacy of photodynamic therapy and other oxidant-based cancer therapies...
- Analytical validation of a microplate reader-based method for the therapeutic drug monitoring of L-asparaginase in human serumClaudia Lanvers
Department of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, University Children s Hospital Muenster, Albert Schweitzer Str 33, 48149 Muenster, Germany
Anal Biochem 309:117-26. 2002..986 for dilutions up to 1:20. This method combined with sensitive methods for the quantification of L-Asn will allow bioequivalence studies and individualized therapeutic drug monitoring of different ASNASE preparations...
- Evaluation of novel chromogenic substrates for the detection of bacterial beta-glucosidaseJ D Perry
Department of Microbiology, Freeman Hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
J Appl Microbiol 102:410-5. 2007..To evaluate three previously unreported substrates for the detection of beta-glucosidase activity in clinically relevant bacteria and to compare their performance with a range of known substrates in an agar medium...
- Synthesis and biological activities of new substituted thiazoline-quinoline derivativesMostafa A Hussein
Department of Pharmaceutical Organic Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Assiut University, Assiut 71526, Egypt
Acta Pharm 59:365-82. 2009..Moreover, ulcerogenicity and the median lethal dose (LD(50)) of the most active anti-inflammatory compounds 6b and 9e were determined in mice; they were non-toxic at doses up to 400 mg kg(-1) after i.p. administration...
- Thermodynamic factors controlling the interaction of quinoline antimalarial drugs with ferriprotoporphyrin IXT J Egan
Department of Chemistry, University of Cape Town, Rondebosch, South Africa
J Inorg Biochem 68:137-45. 1997..6, the approximate pH of the food vacuole of the malaria parasite which is believed to be the locus of drug activity. Implications for the design of antimalarial drugs are briefly discussed...
- Adsorption of hydroxy pyridines and quinolines at the metal oxide-water interface: role of tautomeric equilibriumD Vasudevan
Nicholas School of the Environment, Duke University, Box 90328, Durham, North Carolina 27708 0328, USA
Environ Sci Technol 35:2006-13. 2001....
- Evaluation of the genotoxic activity of metronidazole and dimetridazole in human lymphocytes by the comet assayJ L Re
Laboratoire de biogénotoxicologie et mutagenèse Environnementale EA 1784, Faculte de Pharmacie, Marseille, France
Mutat Res 375:147-55. 1997..The one-electron reduction of the drugs leads to the production of nitro radical anions. In the presence of oxygen, these radicals are reoxidized and generate oxygen-activated species...
- A synaptic membrane glycine-, glutamate- and thienylcyclohexylpiperidine-binding protein: isolation and immunochemical characterizationK K Babcock
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Kansas, Lawrence 66045 2505, USA
Neurochem Int 29:507-19. 1996..The anti-43 kDa antibodies reacted strongly with the 55-60 kDa protein. Based on these results, it appears that the 60 kDa glycoprotein in brain synaptic membranes described in the present study is the same protein as the cloned pGlyBP...
- [Synthesis and spectral properties of polymer of Tis (5, 5'-methylene-bis (8-hydroxy-quinoline) gallium with orange-red light emitting]Hai bo Guo
College of Science of Taiyuan University of Technology, Taiyuan 030024, China
Guang Pu Xue Yu Guang Pu Fen Xi 29:1358-61. 2009....
- Clioquinol-zinc chelate: a candidate causative agent of subacute myelo-optic neuropathyJ L Arbiser
Department of Dermatology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Mol Med 4:665-70. 1998..Discontinuation of oral clioquinol use led to elimination of SMON, however, the mechanism of how clioquinol induces neurotoxicity is unclear...
- Clioquinol inhibits peroxide-mediated toxicity through up-regulation of phosphoinositol-3-kinase and inhibition of p53 activityGulay Filiz
Centre for Neuroscience and Department of Pathology, The University of Melbourne, Victoria 3010, Australia
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 40:1030-42. 2008..These findings have important implications for the development of protective metal ligand-based therapies for treatment of disorders involving oxidative stress...
- PPARalpha signaling mediates the synergistic cytotoxicity of clioquinol and docosahexaenoic acid in human cancer cellsErin R Tuller
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 77:1480-6. 2009..These results provide pharmacological evidence that the synergistic anticancer action of clioquinol and DHA is mediated by PPARalpha signaling in human cancer cells...
- Clioquinol targets zinc to lysosomes in human cancer cellsHaijun Yu
Department of Pathology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Biochem J 417:133-9. 2009..Thus the present study demonstrates for the first time that clioquinol generates free zinc in lysosomes, leading to their disruption and apoptotic cell death...
- Synthesis, characterization and evaluation of ionic-imprinted polymers for solid-phase extraction of nickel from seawaterJacobo Otero-Romaní
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Nutrition and Bromatology, Faculty of Chemistry, University of Santiago de Compostela, Avenida das Ciencias, s n 15782 Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Anal Chim Acta 630:1-9. 2008..Accuracy of the method was assessed by analyzing different certified reference materials: SLEW-3 (estuarine water) and TM-23.3 and TM-24 (lake water)...
- Investigation on the pharmacological profile of antimony(III) complexes with hydroxyquinoline derivatives: anti-trypanosomal activity and cytotoxicity against human leukemia cell linesDébora C Reis
Departamento de Quimica, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, MG 31270 901, Brazil
Biometals 24:595-601. 2011..While SbCl(3) proved to be cytotoxic against HL-60 cells, it was not active against Jurkat cells. However, its coordination to the quinoline derivatives resulted in complexes with significant cytotoxicity against Jurkat cells...
- Chromosome number and cytogenetics of Euphorbia heterophylla LJ R Aarestrup
Departamento de Biologia Geral, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brasil
Genet Mol Res 7:217-22. 2008..heterophylla L. genome. The genomic instability associated with polyploidy may be the result of selection shaped by environmental adaptations and/or human-induced manipulation through agricultural practices...
- Karyotypic studies of Cratylia argentea (Desv.) O. Kuntze and C. mollis Mart. ex Benth. (Fabaceae - Papilionoideae)S M Vargas
Departamento de Biologia Geral, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brasil
Genet Mol Res 6:707-12. 2007..argentea and 7 m + 2 sm + 2 st for C. mollis. This indicates the occurrence of rearrangements within chromosomes I and VI. Both karyotypes showed a tendency for asymmetry...
- Redox properties of 8-quinolinol and implications for its mode of actionVladimir Chobot
Department of Chemical Ecology and Ecosystem Research, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Vienna, Althanstrasse 14, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Nat Prod Commun 6:597-602. 2011....
- limited potentiation of blood pressure in response to oral tyramine by the anti-Parkinson brain selective multifunctional monoamine oxidase-AB inhibitor, M30Shunit Gal
Department of Pharmacology, Technion Rappaport Family Faculty of Medicine, Eve Topf and US National Parkinson Foundation Centers of Excellence for Neurodegenerative Diseases, Efron St, PO Box 9697, Haifa 31096, Israel
Neurotox Res 18:143-50. 2010....
- Hydroxyquinolines as iron chelatorsJ L Pierre
Laboratoire de Chimie Biomimetique, LEDSS, UMR CNRS 5616, Universite J Fourier, Grenoble, France
Curr Med Chem 10:1077-84. 2003..The development of probes (fluorescent, radioactive, spin labelled) based on the O-TRENSOX backbone is in progress. 8-hydroxyquinoline iron chelators seem to have a promising future...
- The toxicology of ClioquinolXinliang Mao
Ontario Cancer Institute, Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto, ON, Canada
Toxicol Lett 182:1-6. 2008..Such information will aid in the design of clinical trials of oral Clioquinol for new indications such as cancer therapy...
- Use of 8-hydroxyquinoline-beta-D-glucuronide for presumptive identification of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157R D Reinders
Center for Veterinary Public Health and Environmental Protection, Utrecht University, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Lett Appl Microbiol 30:411-4. 2000..However, significantly more mastitis isolates were able to grow in the presence of the cefixime-tellurite supplement. 8-Hydroxyquinoline-beta-D-glucuronide is a useful substrate for the identification of STEC O157 on SMAC...
- Evaluation of separation and determination of phytoavailable and phytotoxic aluminium species fractions in soil, sediment and water samples by five different methodsPeter Matús
Geological Institute, Faculty of Natural Sciences, Comenius University in Bratislava, Mlynska dolina 1, 842 15 Bratislava 4, Slovakia
J Inorg Biochem 101:1214-23. 2007..These extractants release the highest amounts of Al from solid samples, approximately 2-4-fold as the total Al concentrations in relevant plant material and they are unsuitable for purpose of this study...
- Bias-induced photoluminescence quenching of single colloidal quantum dots embedded in organic semiconductorsHao Huang
Department of Chemistry, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Nano Lett 7:3781-6. 2007..Our study helps elucidate elementary interactions between quantum dots and organic semiconductors, knowledge needed for designing efficient quantum dot organic optoelectronic devices...
- Synthesis and structure-activity relationship study of 8-hydroxyquinoline-derived Mannich bases as anticancer agentsArthur Y Shaw
Department of Chemistry, Tamkang University, Danshui 251, Taiwan
Eur J Med Chem 45:2860-7. 2010..Taken together, the structure-activity relationships obtained from both in vitro data and CoMFA model warrant a valuable reference for further study...
- 8-Hydroxyquinoline-substituted boron-dipyrromethene compounds: synthesis, structure, and OFF-ON-OFF type of pH-sensing propertiesYuting Chen
Department of Chemistry, University of Science and Technology Beijing, Beijing 100083, China
J Org Chem 76:3774-81. 2011....
- Preparation of 177Lu-labeled oxine in lipiodol as a possible agent for therapy of hepatocellular carcinoma: a preliminary animal studySuresh Subramanian
Radiopharmaceuticals Division, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Mumbai, India
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 25:539-43. 2010..The studies suggest that (177)Lu-oxine dispersed in lipiodol might not be suitable for treatment of HCC...
- Induced-fit binding of pi-electron-donor substrates to macrocyclic aromatic ether imide sulfones: a versatile approach to molecular assemblyHoward M Colquhoun
Department of Chemistry, University of Reading, Whiteknights, Reading, RG6 6AD, UK
Chemistry 16:907-18. 2010..These structures provide compelling evidence for the existence of strong attractive forces between the electronically complementary aromatic pi systems of host and guest...
- Characterization of superoxide dismutases purified from either anaerobically maintained or aerated Bacteroides gingivalisA Amano
Department of Preventive Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Osaka University, Japan
J Bacteriol 172:1457-63. 1990..These results suggest that the three isozymes of anaero-SOD and aero-SOD in B. gingivalis are formed from a single apoprotein...
- Alkane biosynthesis by decarbonylation of aldehyde catalyzed by a microsomal preparation from Botryococcus brauniiM W Dennis
Ohio State Biotechnology Center, Ohio State University, Columbus 43210
Arch Biochem Biophys 287:268-75. 1991..The mechanism of the decarbonylation and the nature of the decarbonylase remain to be elucidated...
- Hydroxyapatite microparticles as feedback-active reservoirs of corrosion inhibitorsD Snihirova
ICEMS, Instituto Superior Tecnico, UTL, Avenida Rovisco Pais, 1049 001 Lisbon, Portugal, and CICECO, Dep of Ceramics and Glass Engineering, University of Aveiro, 3810 193 Aveiro, Portugal
ACS Appl Mater Interfaces 2:3011-22. 2010..The protective properties of the sol-gel films were improved by the addition of HAP, proving their applicability as submicrometer-sized reservoirs of corrosion inhibitors for active anticorrosion coatings...
- Metal ionophores - an emerging class of anticancer drugsWei Qun Ding
Department of Pathology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK, USA
IUBMB Life 61:1013-8. 2009..Because some of these compounds have been safely administered to animals and humans, they have the potential to become clinically useful anticancer agents...
- Solvent dependent fluorescent properties of a 1,2,3-triazole linked 8-hydroxyquinoline chemosensor: tunable detection from zinc(II) to iron(III) in the CH3CN/H2O systemErhong Hao
Anhui Key Laboratory of Functional Molecular Solids, College of Chemistry and Material Science, Anhui Normal University, Wuhu 241000, China
J Phys Chem A 115:8234-41. 2011....
- Isolation, catalytic properties, and competitive inhibitors of the zinc-dependent murine glutaminyl cyclaseStephan Schilling
Probiodrug AG, Weinbergweg 22, 06120 Halle Saale, Germany
Biochemistry 44:13415-24. 2005..Apparently, during evolution from an ancestral protease, a switch occurred in the catalytic mechanism which is mainly based on a loss of one metal binding site...
- A rapid spectrophotometric method for the determination of molybdenum in industrial, environmental, biological and soil samples using 5,7-dibromo-8-hydroxyquinolineM Jamaluddin Ahmed
Laboratory of Analytical Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, University of Chittagong, Bangladesh
Anal Sci 18:433-9. 2002..The method has high precision and accuracy (S = +/-0.01 for 0.5 microg mL(-1))...
- ASCORBIC ACID FUNCTION AND METABOLISMJames May; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- ANTIOXIDANT INTERACTIONS OF SELENIUM AND VITAMINSJames May; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- UV RESONANCE RAMAN STUDIES OF PROTEIN STRUCTURESanford Asher; Fiscal Year: 2002..We will continue to advance the enabling UV Raman instrumentation with the objective of increasing sensitivity, selectivity and information content. ..
- Vitamin C Transporters in the BrainJames M May; Fiscal Year: 2010..Several neurodegenerative diseases including Alzheimer's and Parkinson's are associated with increased oxidant stress so that this project will help define the role of vitamin C in oxidant injury to the brain. ..
- Skin Manifestations of Tuberous SclerosisJack Arbiser; Fiscal Year: 2009..Specific Aim 3. To determine whether dysregulation of p16ink4a and PTCH (patched) acts as a modifier of theTS phenotype in transgenic mice expressing dominant negative tuberin. ..
- NOVEL CLINICAL CHEMISTRY SENSING MOTIFSanford Asher; Fiscal Year: 2009..The analyte sensing will be monitored by using a simple Palm Pilot-type instrument that utilizes a color CCD camera. The results could be immediately displayed, and easily recorded if the device is operated as a patient biographer. ..
- UV RESONANCE RAMAN STUDIES OF PROTEIN STRUCTURESanford Asher; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- NOVEL CLINICAL CHEMISTRY SENSING MOTIFSanford Asher; Fiscal Year: 2007..The analyte sensing will be monitored by using a simple Palm Pilot-type instrument that utilizes a color CCD camera. The results could be immediately displayed, and easily recorded if the device is operated as a patient biographer. ..
- RESEARCH TRAINING IN DIABETES AND ENDOCRINOLOGYJames May; Fiscal Year: 2007..In the 31 years of NIH support, the program has supported 96 trainees, and over 70% have chosen careers in academia, industry, or government. ..
- Antioxidant Interaction of Selenium and Vitamins C & EJames May; Fiscal Year: 2007..Using this approach, it will be possible to relate the crucial, mitochondrial functions of selenium and vitamins C and E to the antioxidant defenses of the whole animal. ..
- ASCORBIC ACID FUNCTION AND METABOLISMJames May; Fiscal Year: 1999..We will also test the hypothesis that ascorbate-dependent recycling of alpha tocopherol in erythrocytes can replenish depleted stores of alpha tocopherol in human LDL. ..
- DEVELOPMENT OF (NON) INVASIVE REAL TIME GLUCOSE SENSORSSanford Asher; Fiscal Year: 1999..This work will advance this sensing technology to the point it can be further developed as an inexpensive, simple, continuous glucose sensor for use in humans. ..
- UV RESONANCE RAMAN STUDIES OF PROTEIN STRUCTURESanford Asher; Fiscal Year: 2001..We will improve UV Raman instrumentation, to increase its sensitivity. ..
- ASCORBIC ACID FUNCTION AND METABOLISMJames May; Fiscal Year: 2007..By focusing on mechanisms in cell models and on early disease in animal models, this project will show whether and how vitamin C prevents atherosclerosis. ..
- UV RESONANCE RAMAN STUDIES OF PROTEIN STRUCTURESanford Asher; Fiscal Year: 1992..We will attempt, for the first time, to use vibrational circular dichroism to study interactions between the distal heme residues and heme bound ligands such as azide...
- MR IMAGING OF MYOCARDIAL VIABILITY AFTER ISCHEMIC INSULTDara Kraitchman; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- NOVEL CLINICAL CHEMISTRY SENSING MOTIFSanford Asher; Fiscal Year: 2001..This motif is highly flexible and can be modified to sense a broad variety and concentration of biologically relevant analytes. ..
- Development of (Non) Invasive Real-Time Glucose SensorsSanford Asher; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- MODELING OF MIXED LIGAND THERAPY FOR IRON OVERLOADRobert Hider; Fiscal Year: 2002..We aim to define the principles and potential candidates for optimal mixed ligand therapy for iron overload. ..
- X-ray & MR-visible Microencapsulation of Allogeneic Arteriogenic Cell TherapeuticDara Kraitchman; Fiscal Year: 2007..enable the stem cells to assist in the development of new vessels in patients whose arteries that are narrowed or occluded and who cannot be treated with conventional surgery or medical therapies. ..
- MR IMAGING OF MYOCARDIAL VIABILITY AFTER ISCHEMIC INSULTDara Kraitchman; Fiscal Year: 2003..Because the MRI techniques developed in these studies will be readily adaptable to clinical studies, the proposed research could have a significant impact on patient care in ischemic heart disease. ..
- Imaging Cardiac Regeneration with Mesenchymal Stem CellsDara Kraitchman; Fiscal Year: 2006..Because these studies will be developed in a large animal model, these techniques will be readily transferable to future studies in patients with ischemic heart disease. ..