Summary: Semisynthetic, broad-spectrum, AMPICILLIN derived ureidopenicillin antibiotic proposed for PSEUDOMONAS infections. It is also used in combination with other antibiotics.
Publications248 found, 100 shown here
- Effect of subinhibitory concentration of piperacillin/tazobactam on Pseudomonas aeruginosaA P Fonseca
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Porto, Portugal
J Med Microbiol 53:903-10. 2004..This study investigated the ability of sub-MIC piperacillin/tazobactam (P/T) to interfere with the bacterial virulence parameters of adhesiveness, cell-surface ..
- Insufficient β-lactam concentrations in the early phase of severe sepsis and septic shockFabio Silvio Taccone
Department of Intensive Care, Erasme Hospital, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Route de Lennik 808, 1070 Bruxelles, Belgium
Crit Care 14:R126. 2010..The aim of our study was to determine whether the first dose of piperacillin-tazobactam, ceftazidime, cefepime, and meropenem would result in adequate serum drug concentrations in patients ..
- Clinical efficacy of continuous infusion of piperacillin compared with intermittent dosing in septic critically ill patientsMohammad Reza Rafati
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, Faculty of Pharmacy, Mazandaran University of Medical Sciences, Iran
Int J Antimicrob Agents 28:122-7. 2006..of continuous infusion therapy, we evaluated the outcomes for 40 septic critically ill patients who received piperacillin either continuously (2 g intravenously (i.v.) over 0.5 h as a loading dose followed by 8 g i.v...
- Clinical cure of ventilator-associated pneumonia treated with piperacillin/tazobactam administered by continuous or intermittent infusionLeonardo Lorente
Intensive Care Unit, Hospital Universitario de Canarias, Ofra s n, La Cuesta, La Laguna 38320, Tenerife, Spain
Int J Antimicrob Agents 33:464-8. 2009The standard mode of administration of piperacillin treatment is by intermittent infusion. However, continuous infusion may be advantageous as beta-lactam antibiotics exhibit time-dependent antibacterial activity...
- Piperacillin-tazobactam for Pseudomonas aeruginosa infection: clinical implications of an extended-infusion dosing strategyThomas P Lodise
Department of Pharmacy Practice, Albany College of Pharmacy, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Clin Infect Dis 44:357-63. 2007b>Piperacillin-tazobactam is frequently used to treat Pseudomonas aeruginosa infections in critically ill patients...
- Efficacy and tolerability of piperacillin/tazobactam versus ceftazidime in association with amikacin for treating nosocomial pneumonia in intensive care patients: a prospective randomized multicenter trialF Alvarez-Lerma
Intensive Care Unit, Hospital del Mar, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Passeig Maritim 25 29, 08003 Barcelona, Spain
Intensive Care Med 27:493-502. 2001..and bacteriological efficacy as well as tolerability of two regimens of broad-spectrum antibiotics (ceftazidime versus piperacillin/tazobactam) combined with amikacin in the treatment of nosocomial pneumonia in intensive care patients.
- Characterization of the antigen specificity of T-cell clones from piperacillin-hypersensitive patients with cystic fibrosisSabah El-Ghaiesh
Medical Research Council Centre for Drug Safety Science, Department of Pharmacology, Sherrington Building, Ashton Street, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, L69 3GE, United Kingdom
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 341:597-610. 2012..The objective of this study was to use cloned T-cells expressing a single T-cell receptor from five piperacillin-hypersensitive patients to characterize both the cellular pathophysiology of the reaction and antigen ..
- Population pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of piperacillin/tazobactam in patients with complicated intra-abdominal infectionChonghua Li
Center for Anti Infective Research and Development, Hartford Hospital, 80 Seymour Street, Hartford, CT 06102, USA
J Antimicrob Chemother 56:388-95. 2005We investigated the population pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of piperacillin and tazobactam in hospitalized patients.
- Endocarditis caused by extended-spectrum-beta-lactamase-producing Klebsiella pneumoniae: emergence of resistance to ciprofloxacin and piperacillin-tazobactam during treatment despite initial susceptibilityOren Zimhony
Division of Infectious Diseases, Kaplan Medical Center Rehovot, Hebrew University and Hadassah, Jerusalem, Israel
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 50:3179-82. 2006..The second isolate developed resistance to ciprofloxacin and the third isolate to piperacillin-tazobactam (PIP-TZ) following sequential therapy with each agent...
- Distinct synergistic action of piperacillin and methylglyoxal against Pseudomonas aeruginosaSayanti Mukherjee
Department of Microbiology, Herbicure Healthcare Bio Herbal Research Foundation, 7 and 8 Metro Garden City, D H Road, Pailan, Kolkata 700 104, India
Indian J Exp Biol 49:547-51. 2011..aeruginosa infections. Results revealed that the strains were resistant to many drugs at high levels, only piperacillin, carbenicillin, amikacin and ciprofloxacin showed resistances at comparatively lower levels...
- A randomized trial of the efficacy and safety of sequential intravenous/oral moxifloxacin monotherapy versus intravenous piperacillin/tazobactam followed by oral amoxicillin/clavulanate for complicated skin and skin structure infectionsInge C Gyssens
Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Center, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Antimicrob Chemother 66:2632-42. 2011The primary aim of the RELIEF study was to evaluate the efficacy and safety of two sequential intravenous (iv)/oral regimens: moxifloxacin iv/oral versus piperacillin/tazobactam (TZP) iv followed by oral amoxicillin/clavulanate (AMC).
- Vancomycin versus placebo for treating persistent fever in patients with neutropenic cancer receiving piperacillin-tazobactam monotherapyA Cometta
Division of Infectious Diseases, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, 1011 Lausanne, Switzerland
Clin Infect Dis 37:382-9. 2003..in neutropenic patients with cancer who had persistent fever 48-60 h after the initiation of empirical piperacillin-tazobactam monotherapy...
- Expanded studies of piperacillin/tazobactam formulations: variations among branded product lots and assessment of 46 generic lotsGary J Moet
JMI Laboratories, North Liberty, IA 52317, USA
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 65:319-22. 2009The experience with analyzing the potency of piperacillin/tazobactam generic formulations by a precise multiorganism in vitro assay was expanded to 46 lots (29 manufacturers, 17 countries)...
- Risk factors for piperacillin-tazobactam-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa among hospitalized patientsAnthony D Harris
Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, University of Maryland VA Maryland Health Care System, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:854-8. 2002..This study determined risk factors for the recovery of piperacillin-tazobactam-resistant P. aeruginosa from clinical cultures from hospitalized patients...
- Impact of antibiotic restriction on broad spectrum antibiotic usage in the ICU of a developing countryShahla Siddiqui
Department of Anaesthesia, Aga Khan University, Karachi
J Pak Med Assoc 57:484-7. 2007..To reduce rates of nosocomial pneumonia and cost of antibiotic therapy...
- First-dose and steady-state population pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of piperacillin by continuous or intermittent dosing in critically ill patients with sepsisJason A Roberts
Burns, Trauma and Critical Care Research Centre, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Int J Antimicrob Agents 35:156-63. 2010..of this study were (i) to compare the plasma concentration-time profiles for first-dose and steady-state piperacillin administered by intermittent or continuous dosing to critically ill patients with sepsis and (ii) to use ..
- Pharmacokinetics of piperacillin-tazobactam: intermittent dosing versus continuous infusionChristine Buck
Department of General Internal Medicine, University of Bonn, Sigmund Freud Strasse 25, Bonn, Germany
Int J Antimicrob Agents 25:62-7. 2005..treatment were randomly assigned to receive the beta-lactam antibiotic/beta-lactamase inhibitor combination piperacillin-tazobactam either as an intermittent or as a continuous infusion...
- Replacement of broad-spectrum cephalosporins by piperacillin-tazobactam: impact on sustained high rates of bacterial resistanceCarlos Bantar
Committee for Prevention and Control of Nosocomial Infection, Hospital San Martin, Parana, Entre Rios, Argentina
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 48:392-5. 2004..Therefore, we sought to determine whether replacement of CEP by piperacillin-tazobactam might be useful in reducing sustained high rates of CEP resistance by this organism...
- A randomized, open-label, multicenter comparative study of the efficacy and safety of piperacillin-tazobactam and cefepime for the empirical treatment of febrile neutropenic episodes in patients with hematologic malignanciesE J Bow
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Clin Infect Dis 43:447-59. 2006..This study was performed to demonstrate the noninferiority of monotherapy with piperacillin-tazobactam, compared with cefepime.
- Cefepime, piperacillin-tazobactam, and the inoculum effect in tests with extended-spectrum beta-lactamase-producing EnterobacteriaceaeK S Thomson
Center for Research in Antiinfectives and Biotechnology, Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, Nebraska 68178, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 45:3548-54. 2001There is little information about the clinical effectiveness of cefepime and piperacillin-tazobactam in the treatment of infections caused by extended-spectrum beta-lactamase (ESBL)-producing pathogens...
- Serological studies of piperacillin antibodiesRegina M Leger
American Red Cross Blood Services, Southern California Region, Pomona, California 91768, USA
Transfusion 48:2429-34. 2008..Antibodies to piperacillin, a semisynthetic penicillin, would be expected to react similarly; however, antipiperacillin can be detected by ..
- Influence of renal function on trough serum concentrations of piperacillin in intensive care unit patientsJean Marie Conil
Laboratoire de Cinétique des Xénobiotiques, UMR 181 Physiopathologie et Toxicologie Expérimentale, Faculté des Sciences Pharmaceutiques de Toulouse, Toulouse, France
Intensive Care Med 32:2063-6. 2006To explore the effects of renal function estimated by measured creatinine clearance (Cl(CR)) on trough serum concentration (C(min)) of piperacillin given to critically ill patients.
- Systematic comparison of the population pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of piperacillin in cystic fibrosis patients and healthy volunteersJ B Bulitta
Institute for Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Research, Nürnberg Heroldsberg, Germany
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 51:2497-507. 2007..Treatment of Pseudomonas aeruginosa infection is often very problematic. Piperacillin-tazobactam has good activity against P...
- Clinafloxacin versus piperacillin/tazobactam in the treatment of severe skin and soft-tissue infections in adults at a Veterans Affairs medical centerFlora S Siami
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37212 2637, USA
Clin Ther 24:59-72. 2002..Thus, there is a continuing search for reasonably safe, well-tolerated, and effective antimicrobial agents that are less susceptible to the development of resistance than older agents...
- The use of piperacillin-tazobactam in neonatal and paediatric patientsMaria F Wolf
University of Bonn, Children s Hospital, Medical Center, Department of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, Adenauerallee 119, 53113 Bonn, Germany
Expert Opin Drug Metab Toxicol 5:57-69. 2009b>Piperacillin-tazobactam (PIP/TAZO) has been extensively used in adults with nosocomial infections and with fever and neutropenia. The available data considering the use of PIP/TAZO have not been reviewed in detail.
- Antiendotoxin activity of protegrin analog IB-367 alone or in combination with piperacillin in different animal models of septic shockAndrea Giacometti
Institute of Infectious Diseases and Public Health, Clinica delle Malattie Infettive, Universita Politecnica delle Marche, c o Ospedale Regionale, Via Conca, 60020 Torrette AN, Ancona, Italy
Peptides 24:1747-52. 2003..animals were randomized to receive parenterally isotonic sodium chloride solution, 1mg/kg of IB-367, 60mg/kg piperacillin and 1mg/kg of IB-367 plus 60mg/kg piperacillin...
- A prospective, randomized study comparing cefozopran with piperacillin-tazobactam plus ceftazidime as empirical therapy for febrile neutropenia in children with hematological disordersTomonobu Sato
Department of Pediatrics, Sapporo Hokuyu Hospital, Sapporo, Japan
Pediatr Blood Cancer 51:774-7. 2008The aim of this randomized study was to evaluate the efficacy of cefozopran monotherapy and piperacillin-tazobactam plus ceftazidime (PIPC/TAZ + CAZ) combination therapy in pediatric neutropenic patients.
- Influence of renal function on the pharmacokinetics of piperacillin/tazobactam in intensive care unit patients during continuous venovenous hemofiltrationAlazne Arzuaga
Laboratorio de Farmacia y Tecnología Farmacéutica, Facultad de Farmacia, Paseo de la Universidad no 7, 01006 Vitoria Gasteiz, Spain
J Clin Pharmacol 45:168-76. 2005The pharmacokinetics of piperacillin/tazobactam (4 g/0.5 g every 6 or 8 hours, by 20-minute intravenous infusion) were studied in 14 patients with acute renal failure who underwent continuous venovenous hemofiltration with AN69 membranes...
- Lack of pharmacokinetic drug interactions following concomitant administration of telavancin with aztreonam or piperacillin/tazobactam in healthy participantsShekman L Wong
Theravance, Inc, 901 Gateway Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 49:816-23. 2009..study in healthy participants assessed pharmacokinetic interactions between telavancin, aztreonam, and piperacillin/tazobactam...
- Enhanced liposome-mediated antibacterial activity of piperacillin and gentamicin against gram-negative bacilli in vitroM C Nacucchio
, Facultad de Farmacia y Bioquimica, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Microencapsul 5:303-9. 1988This study showed that encapsulation of piperacillin (PIP) and gentamicin (GE) by liposomes prepared with phosphatidylcholine and cholesterol (1:1) enhanced the antibiotic activity against gram negative bacilli...
- Intrapulmonary penetration of ceftolozane/tazobactam and piperacillin/tazobactam in healthy adult subjectsGurudatt Chandorkar
Cubist Pharmaceuticals, Inc, 65 Hayden Avenue, Lexington, MA 02421, USA
J Antimicrob Chemother 67:2463-9. 2012..epithelial lining fluid (ELF) penetration of ceftolozane/tazobactam, which has potent in vitro activity against many Gram-negative pathogens causing nosocomial pneumonia, with that of piperacillin/tazobactam in healthy adult volunteers.
- Piperacillin-tazobactam monotherapy in high-risk febrile and neutropenic cancer patientsC Viscoli
University of Genova and the National Institute for Cancer Research, Genoa, Italy
Clin Microbiol Infect 12:212-6. 2006..In the present study, 763 eligible patients with fever and neutropenia received piperacillin-tazobactam monotherapy...
- Comparison of intravenous/oral ciprofloxacin plus metronidazole versus piperacillin/tazobactam in the treatment of complicated intraabdominal infectionsS M Cohn
Department of Surgery, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33101, USA
Ann Surg 232:254-62. 2000..the safety and efficacy of intravenous (IV) ciprofloxacin plus IV metronidazole (CIP+MET) with that of IV piperacillin/tazobactam (PIP/TAZO) in adults with complicated intraabdominal infections, and to compare the efficacy of ..
- Daily serum piperacillin monitoring is advisable in critically ill patientsNicolas Blondiaux
Pole de Microbiologie, Centre de Biologie Pathologie, Centre Hospitalier Régional Universitaire CHRU de Lille, Boulevard du Pr J Leclercq, F 59037 Lille, France
Int J Antimicrob Agents 35:500-3. 2010The aim of the present study was to evaluate the benefit of monitoring serum piperacillin concentrations in critically ill patients...
- A beneficial interaction between imipenem and piperacillin possibly through their renal excretory processHiroshi Saitoh
Department of Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Health Sciences University of Hokkaido, and Department of Pharmacy, Health Sciences University of Hokkaido Hospital, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 29:2519-22. 2006In order to assess the beneficial mechanism of the concomitant use of imipenem (IPM) with piperacillin (PIPC) for the treatment of serious infectious diseases such as sepsis, the effects of PIPC on the uptake of IPM by rat renal cortical ..
- Treatment with a broad-spectrum cephalosporin versus piperacillin-tazobactam and the risk for isolation of broad-spectrum cephalosporin-resistant Enterobacter speciesMitchell J Schwaber
Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 47:1882-6. 2003..We compared the risk conferred by broad-spectrum cephalosporins to that conferred by piperacillin-tazobactam, alone or in combination with an aminoglycoside or a fluoroquinolone...
- Piperacillin-associated pulmonary infiltrates with eosinophilia: a case reportOlivia Ling I Tseng
Department of Internal Medicine, St Paul s Hospital, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia
Can Respir J 17:e24-6. 2010A case of pulmonary infiltrates with eosinophilia attributed to piperacillin tazobactam therapy is described. A 54-year-old woman was treated for a suspected severe urinary tract infection with piperacillin tazobactam...
- Efficacy of the bovine antimicrobial peptide indolicidin combined with piperacillin/tazobactam in experimental rat models of polymicrobial peritonitisRoberto Ghiselli
Department of General Surgery, INRCA IRRCS, Universita Politecnica delle Marche, Ancona, Italy
Crit Care Med 36:240-5. 2008To investigate the efficacy of piperacillin/tazobactam combined with indolicidin in the prevention of lethality in two rat models of polymicrobial peritonitis.
- Piperacillin/tazobactam: a pharmacoeconomic review of its use in moderate to severe bacterial infectionsM Young
Adis International Limited, Auckland, New Zealand
Pharmacoeconomics 19:1135-75. 2001b>Piperacillin/tazobactam is a beta-lactam/beta-lactamase inhibitor combination with a broad spectrum of antibacterial activity against most Gram-positive and Gram-negative aerobic bacteria and anaerobic bacteria...
- Imipenem/cilastatin versus piperacillin/tazobactam plus amikacin for empirical therapy in febrile neutropenic patients: results of the COSTINE studyMiguel A Sanz
Servicio de Hematologia, Hospital Universitario La Fe, Valencia, Spain
Curr Med Res Opin 21:645-55. 2005..However, it is not clear whether such combinations are advantageous over therapy with a broad-spectrum antibiotic...
- Piperacillin penetration into tissue of critically ill patients with sepsis--bolus versus continuous administration?Jason A Roberts
Burns, Trauma and Critical Care Research Centre, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Crit Care Med 37:926-33. 2009To describe a pharmacokinetic model of piperacillin concentrations in plasma and subcutaneous tissue when administered by bolus dosing and continuous infusion in critically ill patients with sepsis on days 1 and 2 of antibiotic therapy ..
- Efficacy and safety of IV/PO moxifloxacin and IV piperacillin/tazobactam followed by PO amoxicillin/clavulanic acid in the treatment of diabetic foot infections: results of the RELIEF studyN C Schaper
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, CARIM and CAPHRI Institute, Maastricht University Medical Center, P O Box 5800, 6202 AZ, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Infection 41:175-86. 2013..The aim was to compare the efficacy and safety of two antibiotic regimens in patients with diabetic foot infections (DFIs)...
- Continuous infusion of piperacillin/tazobactam in ventilator-associated pneumonia: a pilot study on efficacy and costsWieslawa Duszynska
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Wroclaw Medical University, Borowska Street 213, 50 556 Wroclaw, Poland
Int J Antimicrob Agents 39:153-8. 2012..b>Piperacillin/tazobactam (TZP) is currently recommended in the empirical treatment of VAP, but intermittent dosing may result ..
- Prospective drug utilization evaluation of three broad-spectrum antimicrobials: cefepime, piperacillin-tazobactam and meropenemD Raveh
Infectious Disease Unit, Shaare Zedek Medical Center, Jerusalem 91031, Israel
QJM 99:397-406. 2006Cefepime, piperacillin-tazobactam and meropenem are among the broadest-spectrum and most expensive antimicrobials.
- Therapeutic drug monitoring of piperacillin-tazobactam using spent dialysate effluent in patients receiving continuous venovenous hemodialysisMichael J Connor
Department of Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care Medicine, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 55:557-60. 2011..Here we present the first data demonstrating this approach for piperacillin-tazobactam...
- Low-dose beta-lactam plus amikacin in febrile neutropenia: cefepime vs. piperacillin/tazobactam, a randomized trialL Gomez
Infectious Diseases Unit, Hospital Universitari Mutua de Terrassa, University of Barcelona, Terrassa, Barcelona, Spain
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 29:417-27. 2010..randomized trial to evaluate the efficacy of low-dose cefepime plus amikacin (C-A) compared to low-dose piperacillin/tazobactam plus amikacin (PT-A)...
- In vitro efficiency of the piperacillin/tazobactam combination against inhibitor-resistant TEM- and complex mutant TEM-producing clinical strains of Escherichia coliFrederic Robin
CHU Clermont Ferrand, Centre de Biologie, Laboratoire de Bactériologie Clinique, Clermont Ferrand, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 66:1052-6. 2011We investigated the bacteriostatic and bactericidal activities of piperacillin/tazobactam against 16 clinical Escherichia coli producing inhibitor-resistant TEM β-lactamases (IRT; 13/16) and complex mutant TEM enzymes (CMT; 3/16).
- Sequential intravenous/oral moxifloxacin versus intravenous piperacillin-tazobactam followed by oral amoxicillin-clavulanate for the treatment of complicated skin and skin structure infectionPhilip Giordano
Orlando Regional Medical Center ORMC, Orlando, FL, USA
Int J Antimicrob Agents 26:357-65. 2005..v.)/oral (p.o.) moxifloxacin (400 mg once a day) or a control regimen of i.v. piperacillin-tazobactam (3.0/0.375 g every 6 h) followed by p.o...
- False positive galactomannan Platelia due to piperacillin-tazobactamM P Gerlinger
Unite de Parasitologie, Service de Biologie, Hopital Andre Mignot, Le Chesnay, France
Med Mal Infect 42:10-4. 2012..But galactomannan detection may be falsely positive, and this false positivity has been associated with piperacillin-tazobactam treatment, the main antibiotic combination used in clinical hematology.
- Thrombocytosis under ciprofloxacin and tazobactam/piperacillinJosef Finsterer
Neurological Department, Krankenanstalt Rudolfstiftung, Vienna, Austria
Platelets 14:329-31. 2003Whether the simultaneous administration of ciprofloxacin or tazobactam/piperacillin increases the risk of thrombocytosis is unknown...
- Piperacillin/tazobactam-induced seizure rapidly reversed by high flux hemodialysis in a patient on peritoneal dialysisChin Sheng Lin
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Tri Service General Hospital, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan, R O C
Am J Med Sci 333:181-4. 2007Despite popular use of piperacillin, the dire neurotoxicity associated with piperacillin still goes unrecognized, leading to a delay in appropriate management...
- Inhibition of flucloxacillin tubular renal secretion by piperacillinCornelia B Landersdorfer
IBMP Institute for Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Research, Nürnberg Heroldsberg, Germany
Br J Clin Pharmacol 66:648-59. 2008To explore the extent, time course, site(s), mechanism and possible clinical relevance of the pharmacokinetic (PK) interaction between piperacillin and flucloxacillin.
- Proteomic analysis of Escherichia coli with experimentally induced resistance to piperacillin/tazobactamKênia Valéria dos Santos
Departamento de Microbiologia, Instituto de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Caixa Postal 486, 30 161 970 Belo Horizonte MG, Brazil
Res Microbiol 161:268-75. 2010..The aim of the present study was to identify changes in the subproteome of a laboratory-derived piperacillin/tazobactam-resistant strain of Escherichia coli (minimal inhibitory concentration [MIC] = 128 mg/L) as compared ..
- Anaphylaxis to piperacillin-tazobactam despite a negative penicillin skin testM A Rank
Allergy 62:964-5. 2007
- Piperacillin-tazobactam-induced drug hypersensitivity syndromeSimone Fahim
Division of Dermatology, Department of Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Cutis 77:353-7. 2006..The syndrome is a triad of fever, skin eruption, and internal organ involvement. Prompt identification and discontinuation of the offending drug with symptomatic treatment of toxic effects is the mainstay of therapy for DHS...
- Comparative study of the effects of ceftizoxime, piperacillin, and piperacillin-tazobactam concentrations on antibacterial activity and selection of antibiotic-resistant mutants of Enterobacter cloacae and Bacteroides fragilis in vitro and in vivo in mixeLorna E T Stearne
Department of Medical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 48:1688-98. 2004The effects of ceftizoxime (CZX), piperacillin (PIP), and PIP-tazobactam (PT) concentrations on the antibacterial activity and selection of resistant mutants of Bacteroides fragilis and Enterobacter cloacae were investigated in vitro in a ..
- Efficiency of tazobactam/piperacillin in lethal peritonitis is enhanced after preconditioning of rats with O3/O2-pneumoperitoneumMichael Bette
Institute of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Philipps University of Marburg, Marburg 35033, Germany
Shock 25:23-9. 2006..We evaluated the prophylactic effect of O3/O2-PP combined with tazobactam/piperacillin (TZP) in polymicrobial lethal peritonitis...
- Differences in the changes in resistance patterns to third- and fourth-generation cephalosporins and piperacillin/tazobactam among Klebsiella pneumoniae and Escherichia coli clinical isolates following a restriction policy in a Greek tertiary care hospitaGeorge Petrikkos
First Department of Propaedeutic Medicine, Infectious Diseases Laboratory, G K Daikos, Laikon General Hospital, Aghiou Thoma 17, Goudi, Athens 11527, Greece
Int J Antimicrob Agents 29:34-8. 2007The aim of the present study was to investigate whether replacement of broad-spectrum cephalosporins (CEPs) by piperacillin/tazobactam (TZP) as first-line empirical therapy may have an effect on beta-lactam resistance among Klebsiella ..
- Elimination of piperacillin and tazobactam by renal replacement therapies with AN69 and polysulfone hemofilters: evaluation of the sieving coefficientA Arzuaga
Laboratory of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Technology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of the Basque Country, Vitoria Gasteiz, Spain
Blood Purif 24:347-54. 2006b>Piperacillin-tazobactam is commonly used to treat infections in ICU patients. Controversial data have been published about the sieving/saturation coefficient (Sc/Sa) of piperacillin during continuous renal replacement therapies (CRRT)...
- Antibiotic policy and prescribing strategies for therapy of extended-spectrum beta-lactamase-producing Enterobacteriaceae: the role of piperacillin-tazobactamL R Peterson
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Division of Clinical Microbiology, and Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, Evanston Northwestern Healthcare and Northwestern University, Evanston, IL 60201, USA
Clin Microbiol Infect 14:181-4. 2008..monobactam antimicrobials, but as susceptible to beta-lactam-beta-lactamase inhibitor combinations, including piperacillin-tazobactam, when they test as such...
- Outcomes of extended infusion piperacillin/tazobactam for documented Gram-negative infectionsGita Wasan Patel
Medical Center of Plano, TX 75075, USA
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 64:236-40. 2009This comparison of intermittent versus extended-infusion piperacillin-tazobactam among patients with Gram-negative infections revealed similar mortality and length of stay. Outcomes remained similar when stratified by MIC value.
- Acute generalized exanthematous pustulosis caused by piperacillin/tazobactamTeresa Grieco
J Am Acad Dermatol 52:732-3. 2005
- Ciprofloxacin plus piperacillin compared with tobramycin plus piperacillin as empirical therapy in febrile neutropenic patients. A randomized, double-blind trialJames E Peacock
Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Medical Center Boulevard, Winston Salem, NC 27157 1042, USA
Ann Intern Med 137:77-87. 2002..Therapy with an aminoglycoside and a beta-lactam remains common empirical therapy for febrile neutropenic patients. Concerns of aminoglycoside-induced ototoxicity and nephrotoxicity have led to studies of alternate regimens...
- Antipseudomonal activity of piperacillin/tazobactam: more than a decade of experience from the SENTRY Antimicrobial Surveillance Program (1997-2007)Ronald N Jones
JMI Laboratories North Liberty, IA 52317, USA
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 65:331-4. 2009We evaluated the susceptibility rates for piperacillin/tazobactam tested against Pseudomonas aeruginosa isolates from the Asia-Pacific (APAC), Europe (EU), Latin America (LA), and North America (NA) for 1997 to 2007...
- Delayed hypersensitivity to piperacillinA Romano
Department of Internal Medicine and Geriatrics, UCSC Allergy Unit C I Columbus Rome, Italy
Allergy 57:459. 2002
- Piperacillin-induced immune hemolysis: new cases and a concise review of the literatureBeate Mayer
Institute for Transfusion Medicine, Charite University Medicine, Berlin, Germany
Transfusion 50:1135-8. 2010In this study, the data of eight new patients in conjunction with previously reported cases with piperacillin-induced immune hemolytic anemia (PIHA) are described.
- Haemolytic anaemia caused by piperacillin-tazobactamI Dapper
Intensive Care Unit, AZ Monica, Antwerpen, Belgium
Acta Clin Belg 64:517-9. 2009We report a case of haemolytic due to the use of piperacillin-tazobactam in a 50-year-old woman. Since 2002 4 other cases were reported. Either the presence of piperacillin as tazobactam can induce haemolysis...
- Piperacillin/tazobactam versus cefepime as initial empirical antimicrobial therapy in febrile neutropenic patients: a prospective randomized pilot studyA Bohme
Department of Hematology Oncology, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Frankfurt Germany
Eur J Med Res 3:324-30. 1998..presented prospective, randomized study was to compare the efficacy of empirical antimicrobial monotherapy with piperacillin/tazobactam (PIP/TAZ) to cefepime (CEFP) for treatment of infections in neutropenic patients...
- Cefepime plus amikacin versus piperacillin-tazobactam plus amikacin for initial antibiotic therapy in haematology patients with febrile neutropenia: results of an open, randomized, multicentre trialMiguel A Sanz
Servicio de Hematologia, Hospital Universitario La Fe, Av Campanar 21, 46009 Valencia, Spain
J Antimicrob Chemother 50:79-88. 2002..The aim of this study is to evaluate the efficacy and safety of cefepime plus amikacin compared with piperacillin-tazobactam plus amikacin for initial empirical treatment of fever in adult haematology patients with severe ..
- Immune-mediated severe hemolytic crisis with a hemoglobin level of 1.6 g/dl caused by anti-piperacillin antibodies in a patient with cystic fibrosisS Kunzmann
University Children s Hospital, University of Wurzburg, Josef Schneider Str 2, 97080 Wurzburg, Germany
Infection 38:131-4. 2010..6 g/dl after 7 days of treatment with piperacillin, consistent with an immune-mediated hemolytic crisis...
- Pharmacokinetics of piperacillin and tazobactam in critically ill patients with renal failure, treated with continuous veno-venous hemofiltration (CVVH)T S van der Werf
Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital Groningen, The Netherlands
Intensive Care Med 23:873-7. 1997Kinetics of piperacillin (pip), in combination with the beta-lactamase inhibitor tazobactam (taz) have been studied in volunteers and patients in relatively stable conditions...
- Elimination of the piperacillin/tazobactam combination during continuous venovenous haemofiltration and haemodiafiltration in patients with acute renal failureM Valtonen
Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
J Antimicrob Chemother 48:881-5. 2001The elimination of the piperacillin/tazobactam combination was studied in six patients with acute renal failure undergoing either continuous venovenous haemofiltration (CVVH) or continuous venovenous haemodiafiltration (CVVHDF) at 1 L/h ..
- Delayed hypersensitivity to acylureidopenicillins: a case reportF Gaeta
Unità di Allergologia, Complesso Integrato Columbus, Via G Moscati, 3100168 Rome, Italy
Allergy 63:787-9. 2008
- Clinical efficacy and pharmacoeconomics of a continuous-infusion piperacillin-tazobactam program in a large community teaching hospitalEdward M Grant
Ortho McNeil Pharmaceutical, Inc, Raritan, New Jersey, USA
Pharmacotherapy 22:471-83. 2002To compare continuous versus intermittent administration of piperacillin-tazobactam with regard to clinical, microbiologic, and economic outcomes.
- Pharmacokinetics of piperacillin-tazobactam in anuric intensive care patients during continuous venovenous hemodialysisSilke C Mueller
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Institute of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Rostock, D 18057 Rostock, Germany
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:1557-60. 2002The pharmacokinetics of piperacillin-tazobactam were investigated in eight anuric intensive care patients treated by continuous venovenous hemodialysis (CVVHD). The elimination half-life of piperacillin was 4.3 +/- 1...
- Efficacy and safety of ertapenem versus piperacillin-tazobactam for the treatment of intra-abdominal infections requiring surgical interventionArturo S Dela Pena
Philippine General Hospital, Manila, Philippines
J Gastrointest Surg 10:567-74. 2006..The aim of this study was to demonstrate that ertapenem was not inferior to piperacillin-tazobactam for the treatment of community-acquired intra-abdominal infections...
- Leukocytopenia, thrombocytopenia and fever related to piperacillin/tazobactam treatment--a retrospective analysis in 38 children with cystic fibrosisP Reichardt
Children s University Hospital, University of Leipzig, Germany
Infection 27:355-6. 1999..Recently it was suggested that piperacillin/tazobactam (PT) also may cause bone marrow toxicity. We retrospectively analyzed 100 i.v...
- A multicenter, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial comparing piperacillin-tazobactam with and without amikacin as empiric therapy for febrile neutropeniaA Del Favero
Istituto Medicina Interna e Scienze Oncologiche, Universita di Perugia, Perugia, Italy
Clin Infect Dis 33:1295-301. 2001In a prospective, multicenter, double-blind, randomized clinical trial, we compared the efficacy of piperacillin-tazobactam (4.5 g 3 times daily intravenously) plus placebo versus piperacillin-tazobactam plus amikacin (7...
- Electrolytes imbalance: a rare side effect of piperacillin/ tazobactam therapyShakir Hussain
Department of Trauma and Orthopaedics, The University Hospital Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust, United Kingdom
J Coll Physicians Surg Pak 20:419-20. 2010..We report a case of severe hypokalemia secondary to piperacillin/tazobactam in a patient with normal renal function and normal serum potassium level who had presented with a ..
- Prospective comparative study of cefotetan with piperacillin for prophylaxis against infection in elective colorectal surgeryM J Hershman
Department of Surgery, Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK
J R Coll Surg Edinb 35:29-32. 1990This study compared one dose of cefotetan with three doses of piperacillin as prophylaxis against wound infection in 153 patients undergoing elective colorectal surgery...
- Randomized, multicenter, double-blind study of efficacy, safety, and tolerability of intravenous ertapenem versus piperacillin/tazobactam in treatment of complicated intra-abdominal infections in hospitalized adultsNicholas Namias
Department of Surgery, Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, Miami, FL 33101, USA
Surg Infect (Larchmt) 8:15-28. 2007Complicated intra-abdominal infections are a common problem in surgical practice. This study compared the effectiveness of ertapenem (1 g qd) and piperacillin/tazobactam (3.375 g q6h) in the treatment of these infections.
- Antimicrobial prophylaxis for transrectal prostatic biopsy: a prospective study of ciprofloxacin vs piperacillin/tazobactamL Cormio
Department of Urology, Di Venere Hospital, Bari Carbonara, Italy
BJU Int 90:700-2. 2002To compare the efficacy of short-term parenteral prophylaxis with piperacillin/tazobactam (P/T) with long-term oral prophylaxis with ciprofloxacin in preventing infective complications after transrectal prostatic biopsy (TPB).
- Acquisition of resistant bowel flora during a double-blind randomized clinical trial of ertapenem versus piperacillin-tazobactam therapy for intraabdominal infectionsMark J DiNubile
Merck Research Laboratories, P O Box 4, BL3 4, West Point, PA 19486, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 49:3217-21. 2005..clinical trial, adults with complicated intraabdominal infection requiring surgery were randomized to receive piperacillin-tazobactam (3.375 g every 6 h) or ertapenem (1 g once a day) for 4 to 14 days...
- Activity of piperacillin/tazobactam in combination with amikacin, ciprofloxacin, and trovafloxacin against Pseudomonas aeruginosa by time-killD S Burgess
College of Pharmacy, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas, 78712, USA
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 38:37-41. 2000..We compared the activity of piperacillin/tazobactam in combination with amikacin, ciprofloxacin, or trovafloxacin at different concentrations against P...
- Piperacillin/tazobactam vs imipenem/cilastatin in the treatment of nosocomial pneumonia--a double blind prospective multicentre studyD V Schmitt
Universitatsklinikum, Herzzentrum Leipzig, Herzchirurgie, Russenstrasse 19, 04289 Leipzig, Germany
Infection 34:127-34. 2006b>Piperacillin/tazobactam (P/T) with its broad spectrum of antibacterial activity is used widely for the treatment of moderate to severe polymicrobial nosocomial infections.
- Outcomes of bacteremia due to Pseudomonas aeruginosa with reduced susceptibility to piperacillin-tazobactam: implications on the appropriateness of the resistance breakpointVincent H Tam
University of Houston College of Pharmacy, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Clin Infect Dis 46:862-7. 2008..Recent studies have emphasized the importance of appropriate empirical therapy, but controversy arises when piperacillin-tazobactam is used against isolates with reduced susceptibility.
- Comparison of piperacillin/tazobactam and imipenem/cilastatin, both in combination with tobramycin, administered every 6 h for treatment of nosocomial pneumoniaManjari Joshi
University of Maryland School of Medicine, R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Respir Med 100:1554-65. 2006This randomized, double-blind, multicenter study compared the efficacy and safety of piperacillin/tazobactam (P/T) and imipenem/cilastatin (IMP), both in combination with an aminoglycoside, in hospitalized patients with acute nosocomial ..
- High-level expression of chromosomally encoded SHV-1 beta-lactamase and an outer membrane protein change confer resistance to ceftazidime and piperacillin-tazobactam in a clinical isolate of Klebsiella pneumoniaeL B Rice
Medical Service, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 44:362-7. 2000We describe Klebsiella pneumoniae 15571, a clinical isolate resistant to ceftazidime MIC = 32 microg/ml) and piperacillin-tazobactam (MICs = 1,024 and 128 microg/ml). K. pneumoniae 15571 expresses a single beta-lactamase with a pI of 7.6...
- In vitro activity of piperacillin/tazobactam versus other broad-spectrum antibiotics against nosocomial gram-negative pathogens isolated from burn patientsE Mokaddas
Department of Microbiology, Ibn Sina Hospital, Kuwait
J Chemother 10:208-14. 1998..Tazobactam, a potent inhibitor of beta-lactamases, extends the spectrum of piperacillin to include many beta-lactamase producing bacteria...
- Comparative pharmacodynamics of intermittent and prolonged infusions of piperacillin/tazobactam using Monte Carlo simulations and steady-state pharmacokinetic data from hospitalized patientsKatherine M Shea
Infectious Diseases, Seton Family of Hospitals, University Medical Center at Brackenridge, Austin, TX, USA
Ann Pharmacother 43:1747-54. 2009..Prolonging the infusion of a beta-lactam antibiotic enhances the time in which unbound drug concentrations remain above the minimum inhibitory concentration (fT>MIC)...
- Controlled trials of double beta-lactam therapy with cefoperazone plus piperacillin in febrile granulocytopenic patientsD J Winston
Department of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles 90024
Am J Med 85:21-30. 1988The efficacy and safety of double beta-lactam therapy with cefoperazone plus piperacillin in febrile granulocytopenic patients were compared with moxalactam plus piperacillin, ceftazidime plus piperacillin, and imipenem alone in two ..
- Treatment of polymicrobial infections: post hoc analysis of three trials comparing ertapenem and piperacillin-tazobactamJoseph Solomkin
Department of Surgery, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH, USA
J Antimicrob Chemother 53:ii51-7. 2004..complicated intra-abdominal, complicated skin/skin-structure and acute pelvic infections was compared with piperacillin-tazobactam 3.375 g every 6 h in a post hoc analysis of data from three large randomized double-blind trials...
- Antimicrobial activity of isepamicin (SCH21420, 1-N-HAPA gentamicin B) combinations with cefotaxime, ceftazidime, ceftriaxone, ciprofloxacin, imipenem, mezlocillin and piperacillin tested against gentamicin-resistant and susceptible gram-negative bacilli R N Jones
Department of Pathology, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City
J Chemother 3:289-94. 1991..The rank order of synergy (complete or partial) was; cefotaxime = ceftazidime = ceftriaxone = mezlocillin = piperacillin (75% to 80%) greater than imipenem (66%) greater than ciprofloxacin (38%)...
- Bacteremia due to extended-spectrum beta -lactamase-producing Escherichia coli in the CTX-M era: a new clinical challengeJesús Rodríguez-Baño
Seccion de Enfermedades Infecciosas, Hospital Universitario Virgen Macarena, Sevilla, 41071, Spain
Clin Infect Dis 43:1407-14. 2006..Bacteremia caused by these organisms represents a clinical challenge, because the organisms are frequently resistant to the antimicrobials recommended for treatment of patients with suspected E. coli sepsis...
- [A multicenter clinical trial of piperacillin/tazobactam in burn infection]Weishi Xu
Burn Institute, Ruijin Hospital, Shanghai Second Medical University, Shanghai 200025, P R China
Zhonghua Shao Shang Za Zhi 18:75-7. 2002To evaluate the efficacy of piperacillin/tazobactam in the management of burn infection.
- In vitro synergy testing of levofloxacin, ofloxacin, and ciprofloxacin in combination with aztreonam, ceftazidime, or piperacillin against Pseudomonas aeruginosaSusan L Pendland
The University of Illinois at Chicago, Department of Pharmacy Practice, Microbiology Research Laboratory, Chicago, IL, USA
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 42:75-8. 2002The synergistic potential of levofloxacin, ofloxacin and ciprofloxacin combined with aztreonam, ceftazidime, or piperacillin was compared using 24 strains of Pseudomonas aeruginosa with varying susceptibility profiles...
- Efficacy and safety of doripenem versus piperacillin/tazobactam in nosocomial pneumonia: a randomized, open-label, multicenter studyAlvaro Rea-Neto
Hospital de Clinicas da Universidade Federal do Parana, Rua General Carneiro, Curitiba, Brasil
Curr Med Res Opin 24:2113-26. 2008..This prospective, randomized, open-label, multicenter study was designed to establish whether doripenem was noninferior to piperacillin/tazobactam in NP.
- Comparative costs of ertapenem and piperacillin-tazobactam in the treatment of diabetic foot infectionsAlan D Tice
John A Burns School of Medicine, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 64:1080-6. 2007To evaluate potential cost savings, trial data were used to determine the clinical outcomes for i.v. ertapenem given once daily and i.v. piperacillin-tazobactam given every six hours daily in treating diabetic foot infections.
- Ertapenem once a day versus piperacillin-tazobactam every 6 hours for treatment of acute pelvic infections: a prospective, multicenter, randomized, double-blind studySubir Roy
Keck School of Medicine at USC, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Infect Dis Obstet Gynecol 11:27-37. 2003To compare ertapenem therapy with piperacillin-tazobactam therapy for the management of acute pelvic infections.
- False positive test for aspergillus antigenemia related to concomitant administration of piperacillin and tazobactamAnnie Sulahian
N Engl J Med 349:2366-7. 2003
- General microbiology and in vitro susceptibility of anaerobes isolated from complicated skin and skin-structure infections in patients enrolled in a comparative trial of ertapenem versus piperacillin-tazobactamEllie J C Goldstein
R M Alden Research Laboratory, Santa Monica, CA, 90404, USA
Clin Infect Dis 35:S119-25. 2002In a recently completed study of once-a-day ertapenem versus piperacillin-tazobactam every 6 h in the treatment of complicated skin and skin-structure infections, 540 patients were randomized in a 1rcolon;1 ratio and assigned to 1 of 2 ..
- ALTERED HEPATIC DISPOSITION OF ANIONIC DRUGS--MECHANISMSKIM BROUWER; Fiscal Year: 2000....
- ALTERED HEPATIC DISPOSITION OF ANIONIC DRUGS-MECHANISMSKIM BROUWER; Fiscal Year: 2004..The merit of this work is realized when one considers the number of xenobiotics that undergo hepatic elimination, and the potential for alterations in hepatic transport of these agents. ..
- Cell wall synthesis enzymes and beta-lactam resistance in Enterococcus faeciumLouis B Rice; Fiscal Year: 2010..This project aims to identify and characterize the complex and redundant mechanisms of ?-lactam resistance in an effort to better understand enterococcal physiology and promote identification of novel therapeutic targets. ..
- Ampicillin resistance mechanisms in E. faeciumLouis Rice; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- REGULATION OF AMPICILLIN RESISTANCE IN E FACEIUMLouis Rice; Fiscal Year: 2004..They will also yield important new information on mechanisms of cell wall synthesis in E. faecium and other Gram-positive bacteria as well as on the mechanisms by which ampicillin resistance in E. faecium is regulated. ..
- Novel Targets for Treatment of Pseudomonas aeruginosaPhilip Lister; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- ALTERED HEPATIC DISPOSITION OF ANIONIC DRUGS-MECHANISMSKIM BROUWER; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- HOST RESPONSE TO TRAUMA RESEARCH TRAINING PROGRAMJoseph Solomkin; Fiscal Year: 2007..D. or D.Sc.). We have demonstrated that the trainees participating in this program have a high likelihood of success in becoming university-based researchers. ..
- Therapy for Liver Cancer by Targeting Energy MetabolismJean Francois Geschwind; Fiscal Year: 2007..This translational study combining the use of radiological and basic science research tools is both necessary and fundamental to firmly lay the groundwork for clinical trials. ..
- Epidemiology of imipenem-resistant P.aeruginosaAnthony Harris; Fiscal Year: 2007..Aim 4: Determine the cost-effectiveness of three different infection control interventions. ..
- New Nosocomial Interventions to Decrease Antimicrobial Resistance TransmissionAnthony Harris; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- ALTERED HEPATIC DISPOSITION OF ANIONIC DRUGS-MECHANISMSKIM BROUWER; Fiscal Year: 2010..An important goal is to develop tools to predict and assess altered drug transport in humans. Results of these studies will impact drug development, improve outcomes of drug therapy, and help prevent drug-induced liver injury. ..
- Epidemiology of emerging pathogens among hospitalizeds patientsAnthony D Harris; Fiscal Year: 2010..The reasons for the emergence of A. baumannii are unknown and no interventions have been successful at curbing this emergence. For these reasons, A. baumannii is a significant public health problem. ..
- ALTERED HEPATIC DISPOSITION OF ANIONIC DRUGS-MECHANISMSKIM BROUWER; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Regulation of Cellular division in M. tuberculosisRICHARD SLAYDEN; Fiscal Year: 2006..Thus, the studies proposed in this application are designed to examine the replication dynamics of MTB, specifically focusing on cell cycle-regulated genes that are involved in cell division. ..
- DEVELOPMENT OF A MODEL TO PREDICT DRUG HEPATOTOXICITYKIM BROUWER; Fiscal Year: 2005..g., dog, monkey) as well as from humans is a particularly attractive feature of this novel in vitro model, and will be developed during the scale-up phase of this model system in a subsequent R33 application. ..
- Study design importance in analyzing emerging pathogensAnthony Harris; Fiscal Year: 2005..The second aim will be done by combining epidemiological relatedness and molecular relatedness through pulse-field gel electrophoresis of ESBL cultures to quantify the importance of patient to patient transmission. ..
- REGULATION OF NEUTROPHIL OXIDATIVE RESPONSES IN TRAUMAJoseph Solomkin; Fiscal Year: 2004..Together, these studies will define potential points for therapeutic intervention and provide important insight into regulation of the acute inflammatory response. ..