Genomes and Genes
Summary: Semisynthetic, broad-spectrum, AMPICILLIN derived ureidopenicillin antibiotic proposed for PSEUDOMONAS infections. It is also used in combination with other antibiotics.
Publications275 found, 100 shown here
- Effect of subinhibitory concentration of piperacillin/tazobactam on Pseudomonas aeruginosaA P Fonseca
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Porto, Portugal
J Med Microbiol 53:903-10. 2004..This study investigated the ability of sub-MIC piperacillin/tazobactam (P/T) to interfere with the bacterial virulence parameters of adhesiveness, cell-surface ..
- Clinical outcomes with extended or continuous versus short-term intravenous infusion of carbapenems and piperacillin/tazobactam: a systematic review and meta-analysisMatthew E Falagas
Alfa Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Greece
Clin Infect Dis 56:272-82. 2013We sought to study whether the better pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic (PK/PD) properties of carbapenems and piperacillin/tazobactam, when the duration of infusion is longer, were associated with lower mortality...
- Bacteremia due to extended-spectrum beta -lactamase-producing Escherichia coli in the CTX-M era: a new clinical challengeJesÃºs RodrÃguez-BaÃ±o
SecciÃ³n de Enfermedades Infecciosas, Hospital Universitario Virgen Macarena, Sevilla, 41071, Spain
Clin Infect Dis 43:1407-14. 2006..Bacteremia caused by these organisms represents a clinical challenge, because the organisms are frequently resistant to the antimicrobials recommended for treatment of patients with suspected E. coli sepsis...
- Clinical cure of ventilator-associated pneumonia treated with piperacillin/tazobactam administered by continuous or intermittent infusionLeonardo Lorente
Intensive Care Unit, Hospital Universitario de Canarias, Ofra s n, La Cuesta, La Laguna 38320, Tenerife, Spain
Int J Antimicrob Agents 33:464-8. 2009The standard mode of administration of piperacillin treatment is by intermittent infusion. However, continuous infusion may be advantageous as beta-lactam antibiotics exhibit time-dependent antibacterial activity...
- Piperacillin-tazobactam for Pseudomonas aeruginosa infection: clinical implications of an extended-infusion dosing strategyThomas P Lodise
Department of Pharmacy Practice, Albany College of Pharmacy, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Clin Infect Dis 44:357-63. 2007b>Piperacillin-tazobactam is frequently used to treat Pseudomonas aeruginosa infections in critically ill patients...
- Population pharmacokinetics of extended-infusion piperacillin-tazobactam in hospitalized patients with nosocomial infectionsT W Felton
The University of Manchester, Manchester Academic Health Science Centre, NIHR Translational Research Facility in Respiratory Medicine, University Hospital of South Manchester, NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester, United Kingdom
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 56:4087-94. 2012While extended infusions of piperacillin-tazobactam (TZP) are increasingly used in practice, the effect of infusion on the pharmacokinetic (PK) profile of TZP has not been widely assessed...
- Piperacillin-induced thrombocytopenia reversed by high-flux hemodialysis in an uremic patientShang Yi Lin
Department of Internal Medicine, Kaohsiung Municipal Ta Tung Hospital, Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Hemodial Int 16:S50-3. 2012..with continuous renal replacement therapy developed severe thrombocytopenia during the treatment course of piperacillin/tazobactam...
- Effects of piperacillin/tazobactam on Clostridium difficile growth and toxin production in a human gut modelSimon D Baines
Department of Microbiology, University of Leeds and The General Infirmary, Old Medical School, Leeds LS1 3EX, UK
J Antimicrob Chemother 55:974-82. 2005..Despite their broad spectrum of activity against both aerobic and anaerobic bacteria, the ureidopenicillins remain a class of antimicrobials infrequently associated with the development of CDI...
- Implementation of antibiotic rotation protocol improves antibiotic susceptibility profile in a surgical intensive care unitKyla M Bennett
Department of Surgery, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Trauma 63:307-11. 2007..We assessed the effect of an antibiotic rotation protocol on the antibiotic susceptibility profiles of three clinically relevant gram-negative microorganisms within our surgical intensive care unit (SICU)...
- Comparative activities of cefepime and piperacillin/tazobactam tested against a global collection of Escherichia coli and Klebsiella spp. with an ESBL phenotypeHelio S Sader
JMI Laboratories, North Liberty, IA 52317, USA
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 57:341-4. 2007..stability to hydrolysis by extended-spectrum beta-lactamases (ESBLs) compared with other cephalosporins, and piperacillin/tazobactam may be active against these pathogens because of the enzyme inhibitory activity of tazobactam...
- New insights in the production of aerosol antibiotics. Evaluation of the optimal aerosol production system for ampicillin-sulbactam, meropenem, ceftazidime, cefepime and piperacillin-tazobactamPaul Zarogoulidis
Pulmonary Department Oncology Unit, G Papanikolaou General Hospital, Aristotle Univesrity of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece
Int J Pharm 455:182-8. 2013..Several aerosol antibiotics are on the market and several others are currently being evaluated. Aim of the study was to evaluate the aerosol droplet size of five different antibiotics for future evaluation as an aerosol administration...
- Population pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of piperacillin/tazobactam in patients with complicated intra-abdominal infectionChonghua Li
Center for Anti Infective Research and Development, Hartford Hospital, 80 Seymour Street, Hartford, CT 06102, USA
J Antimicrob Chemother 56:388-95. 2005We investigated the population pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of piperacillin and tazobactam in hospitalized patients.
- Efficacy and tolerability of piperacillin/tazobactam versus ceftazidime in association with amikacin for treating nosocomial pneumonia in intensive care patients: a prospective randomized multicenter trialF Alvarez-Lerma
Intensive Care Unit, Hospital del Mar, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Passeig MarÃtim 25 29, 08003 Barcelona, Spain
Intensive Care Med 27:493-502. 2001..and bacteriological efficacy as well as tolerability of two regimens of broad-spectrum antibiotics (ceftazidime versus piperacillin/tazobactam) combined with amikacin in the treatment of nosocomial pneumonia in intensive care patients.
- A randomized trial of the efficacy and safety of sequential intravenous/oral moxifloxacin monotherapy versus intravenous piperacillin/tazobactam followed by oral amoxicillin/clavulanate for complicated skin and skin structure infectionsInge C Gyssens
Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Center, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Antimicrob Chemother 66:2632-42. 2011The primary aim of the RELIEF study was to evaluate the efficacy and safety of two sequential intravenous (iv)/oral regimens: moxifloxacin iv/oral versus piperacillin/tazobactam (TZP) iv followed by oral amoxicillin/clavulanate (AMC).
- Distinct synergistic action of piperacillin and methylglyoxal against Pseudomonas aeruginosaSayanti Mukherjee
Department of Microbiology, Herbicure Healthcare Bio Herbal Research Foundation, 7 and 8 Metro Garden City, D H Road, Pailan, Kolkata 700 104, India
Indian J Exp Biol 49:547-51. 2011..aeruginosa infections. Results revealed that the strains were resistant to many drugs at high levels, only piperacillin, carbenicillin, amikacin and ciprofloxacin showed resistances at comparatively lower levels...
- Endocarditis caused by extended-spectrum-beta-lactamase-producing Klebsiella pneumoniae: emergence of resistance to ciprofloxacin and piperacillin-tazobactam during treatment despite initial susceptibilityOren Zimhony
Division of Infectious Diseases, Kaplan Medical Center Rehovot, Hebrew University and Hadassah, Jerusalem, Israel
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 50:3179-82. 2006..The second isolate developed resistance to ciprofloxacin and the third isolate to piperacillin-tazobactam (PIP-TZ) following sequential therapy with each agent...
- Vancomycin versus placebo for treating persistent fever in patients with neutropenic cancer receiving piperacillin-tazobactam monotherapyA Cometta
Division of Infectious Diseases, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, 1011 Lausanne, Switzerland
Clin Infect Dis 37:382-9. 2003..in neutropenic patients with cancer who had persistent fever 48-60 h after the initiation of empirical piperacillin-tazobactam monotherapy...
- Risk factors for piperacillin-tazobactam-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa among hospitalized patientsAnthony D Harris
Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, University of Maryland VA Maryland Health Care System, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:854-8. 2002..This study determined risk factors for the recovery of piperacillin-tazobactam-resistant P. aeruginosa from clinical cultures from hospitalized patients...
- Impact of antibiotic restriction on broad spectrum antibiotic usage in the ICU of a developing countryShahla Siddiqui
Department of Anaesthesia, Aga Khan University, Karachi
J Pak Med Assoc 57:484-7. 2007..To reduce rates of nosocomial pneumonia and cost of antibiotic therapy...
- Replacement of broad-spectrum cephalosporins by piperacillin-tazobactam: impact on sustained high rates of bacterial resistanceCarlos Bantar
Committee for Prevention and Control of Nosocomial Infection, Hospital San Martin, Parana, Entre Rios, Argentina
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 48:392-5. 2004..Therefore, we sought to determine whether replacement of CEP by piperacillin-tazobactam might be useful in reducing sustained high rates of CEP resistance by this organism...
- First-dose and steady-state population pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of piperacillin by continuous or intermittent dosing in critically ill patients with sepsisJason A Roberts
Burns, Trauma and Critical Care Research Centre, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Int J Antimicrob Agents 35:156-63. 2010..of this study were (i) to compare the plasma concentration-time profiles for first-dose and steady-state piperacillin administered by intermittent or continuous dosing to critically ill patients with sepsis and (ii) to use ..
- Differences in the changes in resistance patterns to third- and fourth-generation cephalosporins and piperacillin/tazobactam among Klebsiella pneumoniae and Escherichia coli clinical isolates following a restriction policy in a Greek tertiary care hospitaGeorge Petrikkos
First Department of Propaedeutic Medicine, Infectious Diseases Laboratory, G K Daikos, Laikon General Hospital, Aghiou Thoma 17, Goudi, Athens 11527, Greece
Int J Antimicrob Agents 29:34-8. 2007The aim of the present study was to investigate whether replacement of broad-spectrum cephalosporins (CEPs) by piperacillin/tazobactam (TZP) as first-line empirical therapy may have an effect on beta-lactam resistance among Klebsiella ..
- Insufficient β-lactam concentrations in the early phase of severe sepsis and septic shockFabio Silvio Taccone
Department of Intensive Care, Erasme Hospital, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Route de Lennik 808, 1070 Bruxelles, Belgium
Crit Care 14:R126. 2010..The aim of our study was to determine whether the first dose of piperacillin-tazobactam, ceftazidime, cefepime, and meropenem would result in adequate serum drug concentrations in patients ..
- Cefepime, piperacillin-tazobactam, and the inoculum effect in tests with extended-spectrum beta-lactamase-producing EnterobacteriaceaeK S Thomson
Center for Research in Antiinfectives and Biotechnology, Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, Nebraska 68178, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 45:3548-54. 2001There is little information about the clinical effectiveness of cefepime and piperacillin-tazobactam in the treatment of infections caused by extended-spectrum beta-lactamase (ESBL)-producing pathogens...
- A randomized, open-label, multicenter comparative study of the efficacy and safety of piperacillin-tazobactam and cefepime for the empirical treatment of febrile neutropenic episodes in patients with hematologic malignanciesE J Bow
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Clin Infect Dis 43:447-59. 2006..This study was performed to demonstrate the noninferiority of monotherapy with piperacillin-tazobactam, compared with cefepime.
- Influence of renal function on trough serum concentrations of piperacillin in intensive care unit patientsJean Marie Conil
Laboratoire de Cinétique des Xénobiotiques, UMR 181 Physiopathologie et Toxicologie Expérimentale, Faculté des Sciences Pharmaceutiques de Toulouse, Toulouse, France
Intensive Care Med 32:2063-6. 2006To explore the effects of renal function estimated by measured creatinine clearance (Cl(CR)) on trough serum concentration (C(min)) of piperacillin given to critically ill patients.
- Serological studies of piperacillin antibodiesRegina M Leger
American Red Cross Blood Services, Southern California Region, Pomona, California 91768, USA
Transfusion 48:2429-34. 2008..Antibodies to piperacillin, a semisynthetic penicillin, would be expected to react similarly; however, antipiperacillin can be detected by ..
- Proteomic changes in Bacteroides fragilis exposed to subinhibitory concentration of piperacillin/tazobactamLuciano de Castro Veloso
Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Instituto de CiÃªncias BiolÃ³gicas, C4 204 Departamento de Microbiologia, LaboratÃ³rio de Microbiologia Oral e AnaerÃ³bios, Av AntÃ´nio Carlos, 6627 Pampulha, CEP 31270 901 Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Anaerobe 22:69-76. 2013Bacteroides fragilis is the anaerobe most frequently isolated from clinical specimens and piperacillin/tazobactam is among the drugs that can be used to treat polymicrobial infections in which this bacteria is often involved...
- In vitro interaction between mecillinam and piperacillin-tazobactam in the presence of azithromycin against members of the Enterobacteriaceae family and Pseudomonas aeruginosaElisabetta Maioli
Section of Microbiology, C A Romanzi DISCAT, University of Genova, Genova, Italy
New Microbiol 31:37-46. 2008Mecillinam was tested in vitro alone or in combination with piperacillin-tazobactam and azithromycin against representative species of the Enterobacteriaceae family and Pseudomonas aeruginosa to extend its antibacterial spectrum, and to ..
- Identification of optimal renal dosage adjustments for traditional and extended-infusion piperacillin-tazobactam dosing regimens in hospitalized patientsN Patel
Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Albany, New York 12208, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 54:460-5. 2010..that exceed the MIC for 50% of the dosing interval (50% fT > MIC) for traditional and extended-infusion piperacillin-tazobactam (TZP) dosing strategies...
- Does the piperacillin minimum inhibitory concentration for Pseudomonas aeruginosa influence clinical outcomes of children with pseudomonal bacteremia?Pranita D Tamma
Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Department of Pediatrics, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Clin Infect Dis 55:799-806. 2012The Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute (CLSI) recently elected to adjust the previous piperacillin susceptibility breakpoint of ≤64 µg/mL against Pseudomonas aeruginosa to ≤16 µg/mL, based largely on pharmacokinetic-..
- Point mutations in the inc antisense RNA gene are associated with increased plasmid copy number, expression of blaCMY-2 and resistance to piperacillin/tazobactam in Escherichia coliPhilip M Kurpiel
Center for Research in Anti Infectives and Biotechnology, Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, NE 668178, USA
J Antimicrob Chemother 67:339-45. 2012..The objective of this study was to determine the mechanism(s) responsible for increased bla(CMY-2) expression in three piperacillin/tazobactam-selected E. coli mutant strains with bla(CMY-2) encoded on a 100 kb IncI1 plasmid.
- Accounting for the development of antibacterial resistance in the cost effectiveness of ertapenem versus piperacillin/tazobactam in the treatment of diabetic foot infections in the UKJeroen P Jansen
Mapi Values, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Pharmacoeconomics 27:1045-56. 2009..The objective of this study was to evaluate the cost effectiveness of ertapenem versus piperacillin/tazobactam in the treatment of diabetic foot infections (DFIs) from the UK NHS perspective, accounting for the ..
- Steady-state pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of piperacillin and tazobactam administered by prolonged infusion in obese patientsS Christian Cheatham
St Francis Hospital, Department of Pharmacy, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Int J Antimicrob Agents 41:52-6. 2013The study objective was to evaluate steady-state pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of piperacillin and tazobactam administered by prolonged infusion in obese patients...
- Impact of a formulary switch from ticarcillin-clavulanate to piperacillin-tazobactam on colonization with vancomycin-resistant enterococciLisa G Winston
Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, University of California San Francisco and SF General Hospital, 1001 Potrero Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
Am J Infect Control 32:462-9. 2004..The prevalence of vancomycin-resistant enterococci (VRE) is increasing, despite infection control measures. Limited data link ticarcillin-clavulanate to higher VRE prevalence...
- Continuous infusion of piperacillin/tazobactam in septic critically ill patients--a multicenter propensity matched analysisJoÃ£o GonÃ§alves-Pereira
Unidade de Cuidados Intensivos Polivalente, Hospital SÃ£o Francisco Xavier Hospital, CHLO, Lisboa, Portugal
PLoS ONE 7:e49845. 2012The clinical efficacy of continuous infusion of piperacillin/tazobactam in critically ill patients with microbiologically documented infections is currently unknown...
- Pharmacodynamic profiling of piperacillin in the presence of tazobactam in patients through the use of population pharmacokinetic models and Monte Carlo simulationThomas P Lodise
Albany College, Albany, New York, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 48:4718-24. 2004..analysis were to determine which pharmacokinetic model most accurately describes the elimination pathways for piperacillin in the presence of tazobactam through population pharmacokinetic modeling and to characterize its ..
- Profound thrombocytopenia associated with piperacillin in a hemodialysis patientM T Yan
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Ren Ai Branch, Taipei City Hospital, Taipei, and Taiwan
Clin Nephrol 72:240-3. 2009b>Piperacillin-induced thrombocytopenia, albeit reversible, is a life-threatening hematological emergency but easily overlooked...
- Piperacillin/tazobactam (Tazocinâ„¢) seems to be no longer responsible for false-positive results of the galactomannan assayM Mikulska
Division of Infectious Diseases, San Martino University Hospital and University of Genoa, Genoa, Italy
J Antimicrob Chemother 67:1746-8. 2012..aspergillosis in high-risk patients, but false-positive results have been reported in patients treated with piperacillin/tazobactam...
- Mass spectrometric characterization of circulating and functional antigens derived from piperacillin in patients with cystic fibrosisPaul Whitaker
Regional Adult Cystic Fibrosis Unit, St James s Hospital, Leeds LS9 7TF, United Kingdom
J Immunol 187:200-11. 2011..Thus, mass spectrometric methods were employed to detect and fully characterize circulating Ags derived from piperacillin in patients undergoing therapy and the nature of the drug-derived epitopes on protein that can function as an ..
- Outbreak of ampicillin/piperacillin-resistant Klebsiella pneumoniae in a neonatal intensive care unit (NICU): investigation and control measuresGiuliana Fabbri
Health Care Management, Bologna Local Health Trust, Via Castiglione 29, 40124 Bologna, Italy
Int J Environ Res Public Health 10:808-15. 2013..Six cases of primary bloodstream infections sustained by ampicillin/piperacillin-resistant Klebsiella pneumoniae were observed over a two-month period...
- Accuracy of automated and manual systems for susceptibility testing of Pseudomonas aeruginosa to piperacillin and piperacillin-tazobactamCarlo Gagliotti
Agenzia Sanitaria e Sociale Regionale Emilia Romagna, Bologna, Italy
New Microbiol 34:97-9. 2011..cards AST-N022 and AST-N026; Kirby Bauer; Etest) for susceptibility testing of Pseudomonas aeruginosa to piperacillin and piperacillin-tazobactam...
- Impact of a piperacillin-tazobactam shortage on antimicrobial prescribing and the rate of vancomycin-resistant enterococci and Clostridium difficile infectionsMarisa N Mendez
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy, School of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Pharmacotherapy 26:61-7. 2006..No change in the rate of VRE infection was observed from before to during the piperacillin-tazobactam shortage. However, a paradoxical 47% decrease in the rate of C...
- Incidence and impact on clinical outcome of infections with piperacillin/tazobactam resistant Escherichia coli in ICU: a retrospective studyAgnes Meybeck
Service de Reanimation, Hopital Louis Mourier, 178 rue des Renouillers 92701 Colombes Cedex, France
BMC Infect Dis 8:67. 2008..The increased resistance to fluoroquinolones and amoxicillin/clavulanate of this pathogen mandates the prescription of broad-spectrum antibiotics such as piperacillin/tazobactam (PIP-TAZ) or third generation cephalosporins (3GC).
- Cost-effectiveness evaluation of ertapenem versus piperacillin/tazobactam in the treatment of complicated intraabdominal infections accounting for antibiotic resistanceJeroen P Jansen
Mapi Values, Boston, MA 02108, USA
Value Health 12:234-44. 2009To evaluate the cost-effectiveness of ertapenem versus piperacillin/tazobactam in the treatment of community-acquired complicated intraabdominal infections accounting for development of antibiotic resistance in the Dutch setting.
- Population pharmacokinetics of piperacillin/tazobactam in neonates and young infantsZhiping Li
Department of Pharmacy, Children s Hospital of Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 69:1223-33. 2013To develop population pharmacokinetic (PK) models for piperacillin/tazobactam in neonates and infants of less than 2 months of age in order to determine the appropriate dosing regimen and provide a rational basis for the development of ..
- Pharmacokinetic interaction between methotrexate and piperacillin/tazobactam resulting in prolonged toxic concentrations of methotrexateR Zarychanski
J Antimicrob Chemother 58:228-30. 2006
- The use of piperacillin-tazobactam in neonatal and paediatric patientsMaria F Wolf
University of Bonn, Children s Hospital, Medical Center, Department of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, Adenauerallee 119, 53113 Bonn, Germany
Expert Opin Drug Metab Toxicol 5:57-69. 2009b>Piperacillin-tazobactam (PIP/TAZO) has been extensively used in adults with nosocomial infections and with fever and neutropenia. The available data considering the use of PIP/TAZO have not been reviewed in detail.
- Systematic comparison of the population pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of piperacillin in cystic fibrosis patients and healthy volunteersJ B Bulitta
Institute for Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Research, Nürnberg Heroldsberg, Germany
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 51:2497-507. 2007..Treatment of Pseudomonas aeruginosa infection is often very problematic. Piperacillin-tazobactam has good activity against P...
- Clinafloxacin versus piperacillin/tazobactam in the treatment of severe skin and soft-tissue infections in adults at a Veterans Affairs medical centerFlora S Siami
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37212 2637, USA
Clin Ther 24:59-72. 2002..Thus, there is a continuing search for reasonably safe, well-tolerated, and effective antimicrobial agents that are less susceptible to the development of resistance than older agents...
- Antiendotoxin activity of protegrin analog IB-367 alone or in combination with piperacillin in different animal models of septic shockAndrea Giacometti
Institute of Infectious Diseases and Public Health, Clinica delle Malattie Infettive, Universita Politecnica delle Marche, c o Ospedale Regionale, Via Conca, 60020 Torrette AN, Ancona, Italy
Peptides 24:1747-52. 2003..animals were randomized to receive parenterally isotonic sodium chloride solution, 1mg/kg of IB-367, 60mg/kg piperacillin and 1mg/kg of IB-367 plus 60mg/kg piperacillin...
- Influence of renal function on the pharmacokinetics of piperacillin/tazobactam in intensive care unit patients during continuous venovenous hemofiltrationAlazne Arzuaga
Laboratorio de Farmacia y Tecnología Farmacéutica, Facultad de Farmacia, Paseo de la Universidad no 7, 01006 Vitoria Gasteiz, Spain
J Clin Pharmacol 45:168-76. 2005The pharmacokinetics of piperacillin/tazobactam (4 g/0.5 g every 6 or 8 hours, by 20-minute intravenous infusion) were studied in 14 patients with acute renal failure who underwent continuous venovenous hemofiltration with AN69 membranes...
- A prospective, randomized study comparing cefozopran with piperacillin-tazobactam plus ceftazidime as empirical therapy for febrile neutropenia in children with hematological disordersTomonobu Sato
Department of Pediatrics, Sapporo Hokuyu Hospital, Sapporo, Japan
Pediatr Blood Cancer 51:774-7. 2008The aim of this randomized study was to evaluate the efficacy of cefozopran monotherapy and piperacillin-tazobactam plus ceftazidime (PIPC/TAZ + CAZ) combination therapy in pediatric neutropenic patients.
- Enhanced liposome-mediated antibacterial activity of piperacillin and gentamicin against gram-negative bacilli in vitroM C Nacucchio
, Facultad de Farmacia y Bioquimica, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Microencapsul 5:303-9. 1988This study showed that encapsulation of piperacillin (PIP) and gentamicin (GE) by liposomes prepared with phosphatidylcholine and cholesterol (1:1) enhanced the antibiotic activity against gram negative bacilli...
- Lack of pharmacokinetic drug interactions following concomitant administration of telavancin with aztreonam or piperacillin/tazobactam in healthy participantsShekman L Wong
Theravance, Inc, 901 Gateway Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 49:816-23. 2009..study in healthy participants assessed pharmacokinetic interactions between telavancin, aztreonam, and piperacillin/tazobactam...
- Piperacillin-tazobactam monotherapy in high-risk febrile and neutropenic cancer patientsC Viscoli
University of Genova and the National Institute for Cancer Research, Genoa, Italy
Clin Microbiol Infect 12:212-6. 2006..In the present study, 763 eligible patients with fever and neutropenia received piperacillin-tazobactam monotherapy...
- Comparison of intravenous/oral ciprofloxacin plus metronidazole versus piperacillin/tazobactam in the treatment of complicated intraabdominal infectionsS M Cohn
Department of Surgery, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33101, USA
Ann Surg 232:254-62. 2000..the safety and efficacy of intravenous (IV) ciprofloxacin plus IV metronidazole (CIP+MET) with that of IV piperacillin/tazobactam (PIP/TAZO) in adults with complicated intraabdominal infections, and to compare the efficacy of ..
- Intrapulmonary penetration of ceftolozane/tazobactam and piperacillin/tazobactam in healthy adult subjectsGurudatt Chandorkar
Cubist Pharmaceuticals, Inc, 65 Hayden Avenue, Lexington, MA 02421, USA
J Antimicrob Chemother 67:2463-9. 2012..epithelial lining fluid (ELF) penetration of ceftolozane/tazobactam, which has potent in vitro activity against many Gram-negative pathogens causing nosocomial pneumonia, with that of piperacillin/tazobactam in healthy adult volunteers.
- A beneficial interaction between imipenem and piperacillin possibly through their renal excretory processHiroshi Saitoh
Department of Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Health Sciences University of Hokkaido, and Department of Pharmacy, Health Sciences University of Hokkaido Hospital, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 29:2519-22. 2006In order to assess the beneficial mechanism of the concomitant use of imipenem (IPM) with piperacillin (PIPC) for the treatment of serious infectious diseases such as sepsis, the effects of PIPC on the uptake of IPM by rat renal cortical ..
- Daily serum piperacillin monitoring is advisable in critically ill patientsNicolas Blondiaux
Pole de Microbiologie, Centre de Biologie Pathologie, Centre Hospitalier Régional Universitaire CHRU de Lille, Boulevard du Pr J Leclercq, F 59037 Lille, France
Int J Antimicrob Agents 35:500-3. 2010The aim of the present study was to evaluate the benefit of monitoring serum piperacillin concentrations in critically ill patients...
- Imipenem/cilastatin versus piperacillin/tazobactam plus amikacin for empirical therapy in febrile neutropenic patients: results of the COSTINE studyMiguel A Sanz
Servicio de Hematologia, Hospital Universitario La Fe, Valencia, Spain
Curr Med Res Opin 21:645-55. 2005..However, it is not clear whether such combinations are advantageous over therapy with a broad-spectrum antibiotic...
- Continuous infusion of piperacillin/tazobactam in ventilator-associated pneumonia: a pilot study on efficacy and costsWieslawa Duszynska
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Wroclaw Medical University, Borowska Street 213, 50 556 Wroclaw, Poland
Int J Antimicrob Agents 39:153-8. 2012..b>Piperacillin/tazobactam (TZP) is currently recommended in the empirical treatment of VAP, but intermittent dosing may result ..
- Prospective drug utilization evaluation of three broad-spectrum antimicrobials: cefepime, piperacillin-tazobactam and meropenemD Raveh
Infectious Disease Unit, Shaare Zedek Medical Center, Jerusalem 91031, Israel
QJM 99:397-406. 2006Cefepime, piperacillin-tazobactam and meropenem are among the broadest-spectrum and most expensive antimicrobials.
- Treatment with a broad-spectrum cephalosporin versus piperacillin-tazobactam and the risk for isolation of broad-spectrum cephalosporin-resistant Enterobacter speciesMitchell J Schwaber
Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 47:1882-6. 2003..We compared the risk conferred by broad-spectrum cephalosporins to that conferred by piperacillin-tazobactam, alone or in combination with an aminoglycoside or a fluoroquinolone...
- Therapeutic drug monitoring of piperacillin-tazobactam using spent dialysate effluent in patients receiving continuous venovenous hemodialysisMichael J Connor
Department of Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care Medicine, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 55:557-60. 2011..Here we present the first data demonstrating this approach for piperacillin-tazobactam...
- Piperacillin-associated pulmonary infiltrates with eosinophilia: a case reportOlivia Ling I Tseng
Department of Internal Medicine, St Paul s Hospital, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia
Can Respir J 17:e24-6. 2010A case of pulmonary infiltrates with eosinophilia attributed to piperacillin tazobactam therapy is described. A 54-year-old woman was treated for a suspected severe urinary tract infection with piperacillin tazobactam...
- Piperacillin penetration into tissue of critically ill patients with sepsis--bolus versus continuous administration?Jason A Roberts
Burns, Trauma and Critical Care Research Centre, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Crit Care Med 37:926-33. 2009To describe a pharmacokinetic model of piperacillin concentrations in plasma and subcutaneous tissue when administered by bolus dosing and continuous infusion in critically ill patients with sepsis on days 1 and 2 of antibiotic therapy ..
- Piperacillin/tazobactam: a pharmacoeconomic review of its use in moderate to severe bacterial infectionsM Young
Adis International Limited, Auckland, New Zealand
Pharmacoeconomics 19:1135-75. 2001b>Piperacillin/tazobactam is a beta-lactam/beta-lactamase inhibitor combination with a broad spectrum of antibacterial activity against most Gram-positive and Gram-negative aerobic bacteria and anaerobic bacteria...
- Efficacy of the bovine antimicrobial peptide indolicidin combined with piperacillin/tazobactam in experimental rat models of polymicrobial peritonitisRoberto Ghiselli
Department of General Surgery, INRCA IRRCS, Universita Politecnica delle Marche, Ancona, Italy
Crit Care Med 36:240-5. 2008To investigate the efficacy of piperacillin/tazobactam combined with indolicidin in the prevention of lethality in two rat models of polymicrobial peritonitis.
- Low-dose beta-lactam plus amikacin in febrile neutropenia: cefepime vs. piperacillin/tazobactam, a randomized trialL GÃ³mez
Infectious Diseases Unit, Hospital Universitari Mutua de Terrassa, University of Barcelona, Terrassa, Barcelona, Spain
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 29:417-27. 2010..randomized trial to evaluate the efficacy of low-dose cefepime plus amikacin (C-A) compared to low-dose piperacillin/tazobactam plus amikacin (PT-A)...
- Efficacy and safety of IV/PO moxifloxacin and IV piperacillin/tazobactam followed by PO amoxicillin/clavulanic acid in the treatment of diabetic foot infections: results of the RELIEF studyN C Schaper
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, CARIM and CAPHRI Institute, Maastricht University Medical Center, P O Box 5800, 6202 AZ, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Infection 41:175-86. 2013..The aim was to compare the efficacy and safety of two antibiotic regimens in patients with diabetic foot infections (DFIs)...
- Thrombocytosis under ciprofloxacin and tazobactam/piperacillinJosef Finsterer
Neurological Department, Krankenanstalt Rudolfstiftung, Vienna, Austria
Platelets 14:329-31. 2003Whether the simultaneous administration of ciprofloxacin or tazobactam/piperacillin increases the risk of thrombocytosis is unknown...
- In vitro efficiency of the piperacillin/tazobactam combination against inhibitor-resistant TEM- and complex mutant TEM-producing clinical strains of Escherichia coliFrÃ©dÃ©ric Robin
CHU Clermont Ferrand, Centre de Biologie, Laboratoire de bactÃ©riologie clinique, Clermont Ferrand, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 66:1052-6. 2011We investigated the bacteriostatic and bactericidal activities of piperacillin/tazobactam against 16 clinical Escherichia coli producing inhibitor-resistant TEM Î²-lactamases (IRT; 13/16) and complex mutant TEM enzymes (CMT; 3/16).
- Sequential intravenous/oral moxifloxacin versus intravenous piperacillin-tazobactam followed by oral amoxicillin-clavulanate for the treatment of complicated skin and skin structure infectionPhilip Giordano
Orlando Regional Medical Center ORMC, Orlando, FL, USA
Int J Antimicrob Agents 26:357-65. 2005..v.)/oral (p.o.) moxifloxacin (400 mg once a day) or a control regimen of i.v. piperacillin-tazobactam (3.0/0.375 g every 6 h) followed by p.o...
- Inhibition of flucloxacillin tubular renal secretion by piperacillinCornelia B Landersdorfer
IBMP Institute for Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Research, Nürnberg Heroldsberg, Germany
Br J Clin Pharmacol 66:648-59. 2008To explore the extent, time course, site(s), mechanism and possible clinical relevance of the pharmacokinetic (PK) interaction between piperacillin and flucloxacillin.
- Proteomic analysis of Escherichia coli with experimentally induced resistance to piperacillin/tazobactamKênia Valéria dos Santos
Departamento de Microbiologia, Instituto de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Caixa Postal 486, 30 161 970 Belo Horizonte MG, Brazil
Res Microbiol 161:268-75. 2010..The aim of the present study was to identify changes in the subproteome of a laboratory-derived piperacillin/tazobactam-resistant strain of Escherichia coli (minimal inhibitory concentration [MIC] = 128 mg/L) as compared ..
- False positive galactomannan Platelia due to piperacillin-tazobactamM P Gerlinger
UnitÃ© de Parasitologie, Service de Biologie, hÃ´pital Andre Mignot, Le Chesnay, France
Med Mal Infect 42:10-4. 2012..But galactomannan detection may be falsely positive, and this false positivity has been associated with piperacillin-tazobactam treatment, the main antibiotic combination used in clinical hematology.
- Piperacillin/tazobactam-induced seizure rapidly reversed by high flux hemodialysis in a patient on peritoneal dialysisChin Sheng Lin
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Tri Service General Hospital, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan, R O C
Am J Med Sci 333:181-4. 2007Despite popular use of piperacillin, the dire neurotoxicity associated with piperacillin still goes unrecognized, leading to a delay in appropriate management...
- Comparative study of the effects of ceftizoxime, piperacillin, and piperacillin-tazobactam concentrations on antibacterial activity and selection of antibiotic-resistant mutants of Enterobacter cloacae and Bacteroides fragilis in vitro and in vivo in mixeLorna E T Stearne
Department of Medical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 48:1688-98. 2004The effects of ceftizoxime (CZX), piperacillin (PIP), and PIP-tazobactam (PT) concentrations on the antibacterial activity and selection of resistant mutants of Bacteroides fragilis and Enterobacter cloacae were investigated in vitro in a ..
- Piperacillin-tazobactam-induced drug hypersensitivity syndromeSimone Fahim
Division of Dermatology, Department of Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Cutis 77:353-7. 2006..The syndrome is a triad of fever, skin eruption, and internal organ involvement. Prompt identification and discontinuation of the offending drug with symptomatic treatment of toxic effects is the mainstay of therapy for DHS...
- Efficiency of tazobactam/piperacillin in lethal peritonitis is enhanced after preconditioning of rats with O3/O2-pneumoperitoneumMichael Bette
Institute of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Philipps University of Marburg, Marburg 35033, Germany
Shock 25:23-9. 2006..We evaluated the prophylactic effect of O3/O2-PP combined with tazobactam/piperacillin (TZP) in polymicrobial lethal peritonitis...
- Antibiotic policy and prescribing strategies for therapy of extended-spectrum beta-lactamase-producing Enterobacteriaceae: the role of piperacillin-tazobactamL R Peterson
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Division of Clinical Microbiology, and Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, Evanston Northwestern Healthcare and Northwestern University, Evanston, IL 60201, USA
Clin Microbiol Infect 14:181-4. 2008..monobactam antimicrobials, but as susceptible to beta-lactam-beta-lactamase inhibitor combinations, including piperacillin-tazobactam, when they test as such...
- Anaphylaxis to piperacillin-tazobactam despite a negative penicillin skin testM A Rank
Allergy 62:964-5. 2007
- Cefepime plus amikacin versus piperacillin-tazobactam plus amikacin for initial antibiotic therapy in haematology patients with febrile neutropenia: results of an open, randomized, multicentre trialMiguel A Sanz
Servicio de Hematologia, Hospital Universitario La Fe, Av Campanar 21, 46009 Valencia, Spain
J Antimicrob Chemother 50:79-88. 2002..The aim of this study is to evaluate the efficacy and safety of cefepime plus amikacin compared with piperacillin-tazobactam plus amikacin for initial empirical treatment of fever in adult haematology patients with severe ..
- Haemolytic anaemia caused by piperacillin-tazobactamI Dapper
Intensive Care Unit, AZ Monica, Antwerpen, Belgium
Acta Clin Belg 64:517-9. 2009We report a case of haemolytic due to the use of piperacillin-tazobactam in a 50-year-old woman. Since 2002 4 other cases were reported. Either the presence of piperacillin as tazobactam can induce haemolysis...
- Elimination of the piperacillin/tazobactam combination during continuous venovenous haemofiltration and haemodiafiltration in patients with acute renal failureM Valtonen
Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
J Antimicrob Chemother 48:881-5. 2001The elimination of the piperacillin/tazobactam combination was studied in six patients with acute renal failure undergoing either continuous venovenous haemofiltration (CVVH) or continuous venovenous haemodiafiltration (CVVHDF) at 1 L/h ..
- Outcomes of extended infusion piperacillin/tazobactam for documented Gram-negative infectionsGita Wasan Patel
Medical Center of Plano, TX 75075, USA
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 64:236-40. 2009This comparison of intermittent versus extended-infusion piperacillin-tazobactam among patients with Gram-negative infections revealed similar mortality and length of stay. Outcomes remained similar when stratified by MIC value.
- Piperacillin/tazobactam versus cefepime as initial empirical antimicrobial therapy in febrile neutropenic patients: a prospective randomized pilot studyA Bohme
Department of Hematology Oncology, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Frankfurt Germany
Eur J Med Res 3:324-30. 1998..presented prospective, randomized study was to compare the efficacy of empirical antimicrobial monotherapy with piperacillin/tazobactam (PIP/TAZ) to cefepime (CEFP) for treatment of infections in neutropenic patients...
- Pharmacokinetics of piperacillin and tazobactam in critically ill patients with renal failure, treated with continuous veno-venous hemofiltration (CVVH)T S van der Werf
Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital Groningen, The Netherlands
Intensive Care Med 23:873-7. 1997Kinetics of piperacillin (pip), in combination with the beta-lactamase inhibitor tazobactam (taz) have been studied in volunteers and patients in relatively stable conditions...
- Piperacillin-induced immune hemolysis: new cases and a concise review of the literatureBeate Mayer
Institute for Transfusion Medicine, Charite University Medicine, Berlin, Germany
Transfusion 50:1135-8. 2010In this study, the data of eight new patients in conjunction with previously reported cases with piperacillin-induced immune hemolytic anemia (PIHA) are described.
- Immune-mediated severe hemolytic crisis with a hemoglobin level of 1.6 g/dl caused by anti-piperacillin antibodies in a patient with cystic fibrosisS Kunzmann
University Children s Hospital, University of Wurzburg, Josef Schneider Str 2, 97080 Wurzburg, Germany
Infection 38:131-4. 2010..6 g/dl after 7 days of treatment with piperacillin, consistent with an immune-mediated hemolytic crisis...
- Delayed hypersensitivity to piperacillinA Romano
Department of Internal Medicine and Geriatrics, UCSC Allergy Unit C I Columbus Rome, Italy
Allergy 57:459. 2002
- Ciprofloxacin plus piperacillin compared with tobramycin plus piperacillin as empirical therapy in febrile neutropenic patients. A randomized, double-blind trialJames E Peacock
Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Medical Center Boulevard, Winston Salem, NC 27157 1042, USA
Ann Intern Med 137:77-87. 2002..Therapy with an aminoglycoside and a beta-lactam remains common empirical therapy for febrile neutropenic patients. Concerns of aminoglycoside-induced ototoxicity and nephrotoxicity have led to studies of alternate regimens...
- Monotherapy with a broad-spectrum beta-lactam is as effective as its combination with an aminoglycoside in treatment of severe generalized peritonitis: a multicenter randomized controlled trial. The Severe Generalized Peritonitis Study GroupH Dupont
Department of Surgical ICU, University Hospital Bichat, Paris, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 44:2028-33. 2000In a randomized trial conducted in 35 centers, we compared the clinical efficacy and safety of piperacillin plus tazobactam (TAZ) alone (monotherapy [MT]) versus those of TAZ combined with amikacin (AMK) (combined therapy [CT]) for the ..
- Pharmacokinetics of piperacillin-tazobactam: intermittent dosing versus continuous infusionChristine Buck
Department of General Internal Medicine, University of Bonn, Sigmund Freud Strasse 25, Bonn, Germany
Int J Antimicrob Agents 25:62-7. 2005..treatment were randomly assigned to receive the beta-lactam antibiotic/beta-lactamase inhibitor combination piperacillin-tazobactam either as an intermittent or as a continuous infusion...
- Comparison of the pharmacokinetics of piperacillin and sulbactam during intermittent and continuous intravenous infusionJ Langgartner
Department of Internal Medicine I, University of Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Chemotherapy 53:370-7. 2007The antibacterial effect of piperacillin/sulbactam depends on the time of drug concentration above the minimal inhibitory concentration (MIC)...
- Elimination of piperacillin and tazobactam by renal replacement therapies with AN69 and polysulfone hemofilters: evaluation of the sieving coefficientA Arzuaga
Laboratory of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Technology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of the Basque Country, Vitoria Gasteiz, Spain
Blood Purif 24:347-54. 2006b>Piperacillin-tazobactam is commonly used to treat infections in ICU patients. Controversial data have been published about the sieving/saturation coefficient (Sc/Sa) of piperacillin during continuous renal replacement therapies (CRRT)...
- Ertapenem once daily versus piperacillin-tazobactam 4 times per day for treatment of complicated skin and skin-structure infections in adults: results of a prospective, randomized, double-blind multicenter studyDonald R Graham
Springfield Clinic, Springfield, IL, 62703, USA
Clin Infect Dis 34:1460-8. 2002We conducted a prospective, randomized, double-blind trial comparing ertapenem (1 g once daily) with piperacillin-tazobactam (3.375 g every 6 h) as parenteral treatment for 540 adults with complicated skin and skin-structure infections...
- Acute generalized exanthematous pustulosis caused by piperacillin/tazobactamTeresa Grieco
J Am Acad Dermatol 52:732-3. 2005
- Antipseudomonal activity of piperacillin/tazobactam: more than a decade of experience from the SENTRY Antimicrobial Surveillance Program (1997-2007)Ronald N Jones
JMI Laboratories North Liberty, IA 52317, USA
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 65:331-4. 2009We evaluated the susceptibility rates for piperacillin/tazobactam tested against Pseudomonas aeruginosa isolates from the Asia-Pacific (APAC), Europe (EU), Latin America (LA), and North America (NA) for 1997 to 2007...
- Clinical efficacy of continuous infusion of piperacillin compared with intermittent dosing in septic critically ill patientsMohammad Reza Rafati
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, Faculty of Pharmacy, Mazandaran University of Medical Sciences, Iran
Int J Antimicrob Agents 28:122-7. 2006..of continuous infusion therapy, we evaluated the outcomes for 40 septic critically ill patients who received piperacillin either continuously (2 g intravenously (i.v.) over 0.5 h as a loading dose followed by 8 g i.v...
- Optimization of novel pyranopyridine efflux pump inhibitorsSon Truong Nguyen; Fiscal Year: 2013..bactericidal activity by >10000 fold, and reduces the MIC values of ciprofloxacin, levofloxacin and piperacillin by up to 8 fold against wild type, but not efflux deficient strains ( tolC and acrB) of E. coli...
- Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics of Antibiotics in Premature InfantsMichael Cohen-Wolkowiez; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>Piperacillin/tazobactam and metronidazole are two antimicrobials commonly used in the nursery for which few pharmacokinetic ..
- Study design importance in analyzing emerging pathogensAnthony Harris; Fiscal Year: 2005..The second aim will be done by combining epidemiological relatedness and molecular relatedness through pulse-field gel electrophoresis of ESBL cultures to quantify the importance of patient to patient transmission. ..
- New Nosocomial Interventions to Decrease Antimicrobial Resistance TransmissionAnthony Harris; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Susceptibility Testing, Treatment Choices, and Outcomes of MDR-GNB InfectionsLisa Saiman; Fiscal Year: 2009..Carefully conducted observational studies and clinically relevant in vitro antimicrobial susceptibility testing, hold the greatest promise to improve the treatment of patients infected with mutidrug-resistant organisms. ..
- Hospital-Acquired Infections in the ElderlyKeith Kaye; Fiscal Year: 2008..The risk factor identified for SSI and MDRB and the impact of SSI and MDRB on health outcomes will be used to design and implement future preventive interventions. ..
- Airway Epithelial Adaptation to Infectious StimuliScott Randell; Fiscal Year: 2008..A greater understanding of airway epithelial adaptation, and its functional outcome, provides a logical basis for the design of novel anti-inflammatory therapies. ..
- IDENTIFICATION OF AIRWAY EPITHELIAL STEM CELLSScott Randell; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Rural Trial of Clinic Order Entry with Decision SupportMatthew Samore; Fiscal Year: 2006..The cost impact of the intervention will be measured to allow a comprehensive assessment of the value of this HIT. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Efficient Mechanism of Gene Transfer in B. fragilisDavid Hecht; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Dual Purpose b-Lactamase InhibitorsJOHN BUYNAK; Fiscal Year: 2004..A group of scientists, including chemists, microbiologists, enzymologists, and crystallographers has been assembled to allow rapid optimization of SAR. ..
- Novel Targets for Treatment of Pseudomonas aeruginosaPhilip Lister; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Regulation of Cellular division in M. tuberculosisRICHARD SLAYDEN; Fiscal Year: 2006..Thus, the studies proposed in this application are designed to examine the replication dynamics of MTB, specifically focusing on cell cycle-regulated genes that are involved in cell division. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- DEVELOPMENT OF A MODEL TO PREDICT DRUG HEPATOTOXICITYKIM BROUWER; Fiscal Year: 2005..g., dog, monkey) as well as from humans is a particularly attractive feature of this novel in vitro model, and will be developed during the scale-up phase of this model system in a subsequent R33 application. ..
- REGULATION OF NEUTROPHIL OXIDATIVE RESPONSES IN TRAUMAJoseph Solomkin; Fiscal Year: 2004..Together, these studies will define potential points for therapeutic intervention and provide important insight into regulation of the acute inflammatory response. ..
- Therapy for Liver Cancer by Targeting Energy MetabolismJean Francois Geschwind; Fiscal Year: 2007..This translational study combining the use of radiological and basic science research tools is both necessary and fundamental to firmly lay the groundwork for clinical trials. ..