Genomes and Genes
Summary: Compounds with a BENZENE fused to IMIDAZOLES.
Publications287 found, 100 shown here
- Dabigatran versus warfarin in patients with atrial fibrillationStuart J Connolly
Population Health Research Institute, McMaster University and Hamilton Health Sciences, Hamilton, ON, Canada
N Engl J Med 361:1139-51. 2009..Warfarin reduces the risk of stroke in patients with atrial fibrillation but increases the risk of hemorrhage and is difficult to use. Dabigatran is a new oral direct thrombin inhibitor...
- Effects of candesartan on mortality and morbidity in patients with chronic heart failure: the CHARM-Overall programmeMarc A Pfeffer
Cardiovascular Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 75 Francis Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Lancet 362:759-66. 2003..Patients with chronic heart failure (CHF) are at high risk of cardiovascular death and recurrent hospital admissions. We aimed to find out whether the use of an angiotensin-receptor blocker could reduce mortality and morbidity...
- Dabigatran etexilate--a novel, reversible, oral direct thrombin inhibitor: interpretation of coagulation assays and reversal of anticoagulant activityJoanne van Ryn
Department of Drug Discovery Support, Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH and Co KG, Biberach an der Riss, Germany
Thromb Haemost 103:1116-27. 2010....
- Effects of the angiotensin-receptor blocker telmisartan on cardiovascular events in high-risk patients intolerant to angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors: a randomised controlled trialS Yusuf
Lancet 372:1174-83. 2008..FUNDING: Boehringer Ingelheim...
- Telmisartan, ramipril, or both in patients at high risk for vascular eventsSalim Yusuf
Population Health Research Institute, McMaster University and Hamilton Health Sciences, Hamilton, ON, Canada
N Engl J Med 358:1547-59. 2008..We compared the ACE inhibitor ramipril, the ARB telmisartan, and the combination of the two drugs in patients with vascular disease or high-risk diabetes...
- Effects of candesartan in patients with chronic heart failure and preserved left-ventricular ejection fraction: the CHARM-Preserved TrialSalim Yusuf
McMaster Clinic, Room 252, Hamilton General Hospital, 237 Barton Street East, ON, L8L 2X2, Hamilton, Canada
Lancet 362:777-81. 2003..We investigated the effect of addition of an angiotensin-receptor blocker to current treatments...
- Calmodulin-dependent protein kinase kinase-beta is an alternative upstream kinase for AMP-activated protein kinaseSimon A Hawley
Division of Molecular Physiology University of Dundee, Dundee, Scotland, United Kingdom
Cell Metab 2:9-19. 2005..Our results suggest a potential Ca(2+)-dependent neuroprotective pathway involving phosphorylation and activation of AMPK by CaMKKbeta...
- Dabigatran versus warfarin in the treatment of acute venous thromboembolismSam Schulman
Department of Medicine, McMaster University and Henderson Research Centre, Hamilton, ON, Canada
N Engl J Med 361:2342-52. 2009..The direct oral thrombin inhibitor dabigatran has a predictable anticoagulant effect and may be an alternative therapy to warfarin for patients who have acute venous thromboembolism...
- Rationale and design of RE-LY: randomized evaluation of long-term anticoagulant therapy, warfarin, compared with dabigatranMichael D Ezekowitz
Lankenau Institute for Medical Research and The Heart Center, Wynnewood, PA, USA
Am Heart J 157:805-10, 810.e1-2. 2009..The worldwide site distribution and broad range of stroke risk further increase the general applicability of the trial. Results are expected in 2009...
- Telmisartan to prevent recurrent stroke and cardiovascular eventsSalim Yusuf
Population Health Research Institute, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada
N Engl J Med 359:1225-37. 2008..We evaluated the effects of therapy with an angiotensin-receptor blocker, telmisartan, initiated early after a stroke...
- ABT-888, an orally active poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase inhibitor that potentiates DNA-damaging agents in preclinical tumor modelsCherrie K Donawho
Abbott Laboratories, Abbott Park, Illinois 60064 6074, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:2728-37. 2007..To evaluate the preclinical pharmacokinetics and antitumor efficacy of a novel orally bioavailable poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP) inhibitor, ABT-888...
- A distinct "side population" of cells with high drug efflux capacity in human tumor cellsC Hirschmann-Jax
Center for Cell and Gene Therapy, Baylor College of Medicine, Methodist Hospital and Texas Children s Hospital, and DeBakey Department of Surgery, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:14228-33. 2004....
- In vitro antagonistic properties of a new angiotensin type 1 receptor blocker, azilsartan, in receptor binding and function studiesMami Ojima
Pharmacology Research Laboratories, Pharmaceutical Research Division, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company, Ltd, Osaka, Japan
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 336:801-8. 2011..Its tight receptor binding might be expected to produce potent and long-lasting antihypertensive effects in preclinical and clinical settings...
- Phase 0 clinical trial of the poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase inhibitor ABT-888 in patients with advanced malignanciesShivaani Kummar
Center for Cancer Research and the Division of Cancer Treatment and Diagnosis, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:2705-11. 2009..It was a first-in-human study of the poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP) inhibitor ABT-888 in patients with advanced malignancies...
- Canadian Cardiovascular Society atrial fibrillation guidelines 2010: prevention of stroke and systemic thromboembolism in atrial fibrillation and flutterJohn A Cairns
University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Can J Cardiol 27:74-90. 2011..Alternatives to antithrombotic therapies are briefly discussed...
- The comparative effects of azilsartan medoxomil and olmesartan on ambulatory and clinic blood pressureGeorge L Bakris
Hypertensive Diseases Unit, University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 13:81-8. 2011..0 to -0.1; P=.038), while AZL-M 40 mg was noninferior to OLM-M 40 mg. The side effect profiles of both ARBs were similar to placebo. AZL-M is well tolerated and more efficacious at its maximal dose than the highest dose of OLM-M...
- Oral dabigatran versus enoxaparin for thromboprophylaxis after primary total hip arthroplasty (RE-NOVATE II*). A randomised, double-blind, non-inferiority trialBengt I Eriksson
University of Gothenburg, Department of Orthopaedics, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Molndal, Sweden
Thromb Haemost 105:721-9. 2011..The risk of bleeding and safety profiles were similar...
- Dabigatran compared with warfarin in patients with atrial fibrillation and previous transient ischaemic attack or stroke: a subgroup analysis of the RE-LY trialHans Christoph Diener
Department of Neurology, University Hospital Essen, Essen, Germany
Lancet Neurol 9:1157-63. 2010..We aimed to assess the effects of dabigatran compared with warfarin in the subgroup of patients with previous stroke or transient ischaemic attack...
- Cost-effectiveness of dabigatran etexilate for the prevention of stroke and systemic embolism in atrial fibrillation: a Canadian payer perspectiveS V Sorensen
United BioSource Corporation, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Thromb Haemost 105:908-19. 2011..This study demonstrates that dabigatran etexilate is a highly cost-effective alternative to current care for the prevention of stroke and systemic embolism among Canadian AF patients...
- Treatments for stroke prevention in atrial fibrillation: a network meta-analysis and indirect comparisons versus dabigatran etexilateNeil S Roskell
Neil Roskell, RTI Health Solutions, Williams House, Manchester Science Park, Lloyd Street North, Manchester M15 6SE, UK
Thromb Haemost 104:1106-15. 2010..There was no indication of increased intracranial or extracranial haemorrhage with dabigatran etexilate compared to antiplatelet agents...
- The pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics and tolerability of dabigatran etexilate, a new oral direct thrombin inhibitor, in healthy male subjectsJoachim Stangier
Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH and Co KG, Ingelheim, Germany
Br J Clin Pharmacol 64:292-303. 2007..Two double-blind, randomized trials were undertaken to investigate the pharmacokinetics (PK), pharmacodynamics (PD) and tolerability of orally administered dabigatran etexilate in healthy male subjects...
- Effects of candesartan compared with amlodipine in hypertensive patients with high cardiovascular risks: candesartan antihypertensive survival evaluation in Japan trialToshio Ogihara
Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
Hypertension 51:393-8. 2008..We disclosed that candesartan-based and amlodipine-based regimens produced no statistical differences in terms of the primary cardiovascular end point, whereas candesartan prevented new-onset diabetes more effectively than amlodipine...
- In-vitro profile and ex-vivo anticoagulant activity of the direct thrombin inhibitor dabigatran and its orally active prodrug, dabigatran etexilateWolfgang Wienen
Department of Pulmonary Research, Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH and Co KG, Birkendorfer Strasse, 88397 Biberach, Germany
Thromb Haemost 98:155-62. 2007..These data suggest that dabigatran is a potent, selective thrombin inhibitor and an orally active anticoagulant as the prodrug, dabigatran etexilate...
- The angiotensin receptor blocker, azilsartan medoxomil (TAK-491), suppresses vascular wall expression of plasminogen activator inhibitor type-I protein potentially facilitating the stabilization of atherosclerotic plaquesChristopher J French
Department of Medicine, Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT, USA
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 58:143-8. 2011..Accordingly, the suppression of PAI-1 expression by AZL-M may attenuate the evolution of atherosclerotic plaques vulnerable to rupture...
- Telmisartan: a different angiotensin II receptor blocker protecting a different population?M Burnier
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension Consultation, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Int Med Res 37:1662-79. 2009..A class effect for ARBs cannot be assumed. To date, telmisartan is the only ARB that has been shown to reduce cardiovascular risk in at-risk cardiovascular patients...
- Estimation of the cost of large-scale school deworming programmes with benzimidazolesA Montresor
Department of Control of Neglected Tropical Diseases, World Health Organization, 20 Avenue Appia, 1211 Geneva, Switzerland
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 104:129-32. 2010....
- Molecular and cellular effects of azilsartan: a new generation angiotensin II receptor blockerTakashi Kajiya
Department of Cardiovascular, Respiratory and Metabolic Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Kagoshima University, Kagoshima, Japan
J Hypertens 29:2476-83. 2011..Although azilsartan is considered to be an unusually potent angiotensin II type 1 (AT1) receptor antagonist, little is known about the potential pleiotropic effects of this molecule...
- Poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase inhibitor induces accelerated senescence in irradiated breast cancer cells and tumorsElena V Efimova
Ludwig Center for Metastasis Research, The University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Cancer Res 70:6277-82. 2010..PARP inhibition markedly enhanced IRIF persistence and increased breast cancer cell senescence both in vitro and in vivo, arguing for targeting IRIF resolution as a novel therapeutic strategy...
- Renal protection in diabetes: lessons from ONTARGETEberhard Ritz
Universitat Erlangen, Medizinische Klinik IV, Erlangen, Germany
Cardiovasc Diabetol 9:60. 2010....
- Ovarian cancer side population defines cells with stem cell-like characteristics and Mullerian Inhibiting Substance responsivenessPaul P Szotek
Pediatric Surgical Research Laboratories, Department of Surgery, Harvard Medical School, 185 Cambridge Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:11154-9. 2006..In the future, individualized therapy must incorporate analysis of the stem cell-like subpopulation of ovarian cancer cells when designing therapeutic strategies for ovarian cancer patients...
- Antihypertensive, insulin-sensitising and renoprotective effects of a novel, potent and long-acting angiotensin II type 1 receptor blocker, azilsartan medoxomil, in rat and dog modelsKeiji Kusumoto
Metabolic Disease Drug Discovery Unit, Pharmaceutical Research Division, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd, Osaka, Japan
Eur J Pharmacol 669:84-93. 2011..These results suggest that azilsartan medoxomil is a potent angiotensin II receptor blocker that has an attractive pharmacological profile as an antihypertensive agent...
- Effect of candesartan monotherapy on lipid metabolism in patients with hypertension: a retrospective longitudinal survey using data from electronic medical recordsYayoi Nishida
Division of Genomic Epidemiology and Clinical Trials, Advanced Medical Research Center, Nihon University School of Medicine, 30 1 Oyaguchi Kamimachi, Itabashi ku, Tokyo 173 8610, Japan
Cardiovasc Diabetol 9:38. 2010..Our aims were to survey the changes in plasma lipid profile in patients with hypertension over a one-year period, and to examine the correlations between these values and the time after the start of ARB monotherapy with candesartan...
- Comparison of the novel angiotensin II receptor blocker azilsartan medoxomil vs valsartan by ambulatory blood pressure monitoringDomenic Sica
Section of Clinical Pharmacology and Hypertension, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298 0160, USA
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 13:467-72. 2011..These findings suggest that AZL-M could provide higher rates of hypertension control compared with other ARBs in the class...
- The first-in-human study of the hydrogen sulfate (Hyd-sulfate) capsule of the MEK1/2 inhibitor AZD6244 (ARRY-142886): a phase I open-label multicenter trial in patients with advanced cancerUdai Banerji
Royal Marsden Hospital, Sutton, Surrey, United Kingdom
Clin Cancer Res 16:1613-23. 2010..In part B, the aim was to compare the pharmacokinetic profile of the new Hyd-Sulfate capsule with the initial AZD6244 free-base suspension and further characterize the pharmacodynamic profile and efficacy of the new formulation...
- Incidence and predictors of hyperkalemia in patients with heart failure: an analysis of the CHARM ProgramAkshay S Desai
Department of Cardiology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 50:1959-66. 2007..We explored the incidence and predictors of hyperkalemia in a broad population of heart failure patients...
- Distinct vascular and metabolic effects of different classes of anti-hypertensive drugsKwang Kon Koh
Vascular Medicine and Atherosclerosis Unit, Cardiology, Gil Medical Center, Gachon University, Incheon, Republic of Korea
Int J Cardiol 140:73-81. 2010..This is not explained by changes in blood pressure alone. We hypothesized that distinct vascular and metabolic effects of anti-hypertensive drugs may explain these differential effects...
- Dabigatran etexilate versus enoxaparin for prevention of venous thromboembolism after total hip replacement: a randomised, double-blind, non-inferiority trialBengt I Eriksson
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Sahlgrenska University Hospital Ostra, Gothenburg, Sweden
Lancet 370:949-56. 2007..After hip replacement surgery, prophylaxis following discharge from hospital is recommended to reduce the risk of venous thromboembolism. Our aim was to assess the oral, direct thrombin inhibitor dabigatran etexilate for such prophylaxis...
- The metabolism and disposition of the oral direct thrombin inhibitor, dabigatran, in humansStefan Blech
Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH and Co KG, Department of Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics, Biberach, Germany
Drug Metab Dispos 36:386-99. 2008..o. administration of dabigatran etexilate and that the potential for clinically relevant interactions between dabigatran and drugs metabolized by cytochrome P450 is low...
- AZD6244 (ARRY-142886), a potent inhibitor of mitogen-activated protein kinase/extracellular signal-regulated kinase kinase 1/2 kinases: mechanism of action in vivo, pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic relationship, and potential for combination in preclinicalBarry R Davies
Cancer and Infection Research Area, AstraZeneca, Mereside, Alderley Park, Macclesfield, Cheshire SK10 4TG, United Kingdom
Mol Cancer Ther 6:2209-19. 2007..Moreover, enhanced antitumor efficacy can be obtained by combining AZD6244 with the cytotoxic drugs irinotecan or docetaxel...
- Formation of cellular projections in neural progenitor cells depends on SK3 channel activityStefan Liebau
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
J Neurochem 101:1338-1350. 2007..Both effects could be prevented by the pre-incubation of NPCs with ScTX. Our study gives first evidence that the formation and prolongation of filopodia in NPCs is, at least in part, effectively induced and regulated by SK3 channels...
- Long-term regulation of ENaC expression in kidney by angiotensin IIKathleen T Beutler
Laboratory of Kidney and Electrolyte Metabolism, NHLBI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892-1603, USA
Hypertension 41:1143-50. 2003..The results support the view that the angiotensin II receptor regulates ENaC abundance, consistent with a role for angiotensin II in regulation of collecting duct function...
- Phase I pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic study of the oral, small-molecule mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase 1/2 inhibitor AZD6244 (ARRY-142886) in patients with advanced cancersAlex A Adjei
Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Elm and Carlton Streets, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:2139-46. 2008..To assess the tolerability, pharmacokinetics (PKs), and pharmacodynamics (PDs) of the mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase (MEK) 1/2 inhibitor AZD6244 (ARRY-142886) in patients with advanced cancer...
- Effects of candesartan in patients with chronic heart failure and reduced left-ventricular systolic function intolerant to angiotensin-converting-enzyme inhibitors: the CHARM-Alternative trialChristopher B Granger
Division of Cardiology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Lancet 362:772-6. 2003..We aimed to find out whether candesartan, an angiotensin-receptor blocker, could improve outcome in such patients not taking an ACE inhibitor...
- Comparison of telmisartan versus losartan: meta-analysis of titration-to-response studiesDavid H G Smith
Blood Press Monit 8:111-7. 2003..Both telmisartan and losartan were found to be safe and well tolerated. CONCLUSIONS: Telmisartan 40/80 mg is superior to losartan 50/100 mg in controlling DBP and SBP during the last 6 h of the 24-h dosing interval...
- Dabigatran with or without concomitant aspirin compared with warfarin alone in patients with nonvalvular atrial fibrillation (PETRO Study)Michael D Ezekowitz
Lankenau Institute for Medical Research and The Heart Center, Wynnewood, PA, USA
Am J Cardiol 100:1419-26. 2007..The 2 highest doses of dabigatran suppress D-dimer concentrations. Serious liver toxicity was not seen. The significance of the increase of DTB2 concentrations in dabigatran-treated patients needs resolution...
- Spontaneous changes in mitochondrial membrane potential in cultured neuronsJ F Buckman
Department of Pharmacology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261
J Neurosci 21:5054-65. 2001..We hypothesize that these DeltaPsi(m) fluctuations are dependent on the proper functioning of the mitochondria and reflect mitochondria alternating between the active and inactive states of oxidative phosphorylation...
- Combined human and porcine mass chemotherapy for the control of T. soliumH H Garcia
Department of Microbiology, Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia, San Martin de Porras, Lima, Peru
Am J Trop Med Hyg 74:850-5. 2006..Mass chemotherapy was effective in decreasing infection pressure in this hyperendemic area. However, the magnitude of the effect was small and did not attain the goal of eliminating transmission...
- Differential effect of telmisartan and amlodipine on monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 and peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma gene expression in peripheral monocytes in patients with essential hypertensionMaria E Marketou
Cardiology Department, Heraklion University Hospital, Crete, Greece
Am J Cardiol 107:59-63. 2011..Our findings may provide new insights into the cardiovascular protection of telmisartan in hypertensives...
- Telmisartan improves insulin resistance and modulates adipose tissue macrophage polarization in high-fat-fed miceShiho Fujisaka
The First Department of Internal Medicine, University of Toyama, Toyama, Japan
Endocrinology 152:1789-99. 2011..In conclusion, telmisartan improves insulin sensitivity and modulates adipose tissue macrophage polarization to an antiinflammatory M2 state in high-fat-fed mice...
- Preclinical modeling of a phase 0 clinical trial: qualification of a pharmacodynamic assay of poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase in tumor biopsies of mouse xenograftsRobert J Kinders
Laboratory of Human Toxicology and Pharmacology, Applied Developmental Research Support Directorate, Science Applications International Corporation Frederick, Inc, National Cancer Institute Frederick, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Clin Cancer Res 14:6877-85. 2008..S. Food and Drug Administration's Exploratory Investigational New Drug Application. Performance of the study design, needle biopsy procedure, and validated pharmacodynamic assay were evaluated in human tumor xenograft models...
- Taenia solium porcine cysticercosis: viability of cysticerci and persistency of antibodies and cysticercal antigens after treatment with oxfendazoleC S Sikasunge
School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Zambia, P O Box 32379, Lusaka, Zambia
Vet Parasitol 158:57-66. 2008....
- Discovery of the Poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP) inhibitor 2-[(R)-2-methylpyrrolidin-2-yl]-1H-benzimidazole-4-carboxamide (ABT-888) for the treatment of cancerThomas D Penning
Cancer Research, Pharmacokinetics, GPRD, Abbott Laboratories, 100 Abbott Park Road, Abbott Park, Illinois 60064, USA
J Med Chem 52:514-23. 2009....
- Randomised controlled trial of dual blockade of renin-angiotensin system in patients with hypertension, microalbuminuria, and non-insulin dependent diabetes: the candesartan and lisinopril microalbuminuria (CALM) studyC E Mogensen
Department of Medicine, M, Kommunehospitalet, University Hospital, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
BMJ 321:1440-4. 2000..To assess and compare the effects of candesartan or lisinopril, or both, on blood pressure and urinary albumin excretion in patients with microalbuminuria, hypertension, and type 2 diabetes...
- Effect of candesartan cilexetil on diabetic and non-diabetic hypertensive patients: meta-analysis of five randomized double-blind clinical trialsRamzi E L Féghali
The Cardiovascular Institute, Paris, France
Vasc Health Risk Manag 3:165-71. 2007..To study the effect of candesartan cilexetil (CC) in the management of blood pressure (BP) in diabetic and non-diabetic hypertensive patients...
- CHIR-258, a novel, multitargeted tyrosine kinase inhibitor for the potential treatment of t(4;14) multiple myelomaSuzanne Trudel
Department of Medical Oncology, University Health Network, Princess Margaret Hospital and McLaughlin Centre of Molecular Medicine, University of Toronto, 620 University Ave, Rm 8 204, Toronto, ON, Canada M5G 2C1
Blood 105:2941-8. 2005..Finally, therapeutic efficacy of CHIR-258 was demonstrated in a xenograft mouse model of FGFR3 MM. These studies support the clinical evaluation of CHIR-258 in MM...
- Chronic treatment with losartan results in sufficient serum levels of the metabolite EXP3179 for PPARgamma activationKai Kappert
Center for Cardiovascular Research, Institute of Pharmacology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Hessische Strasse 3 4, Berlin, Germany
Hypertension 54:738-43. 2009..Our data show that sufficient serum levels of EXP3179 are present under losartan treatment. PPARgamma activation by AT1R-blockers may translate into synergistic beneficial actions in monocytes...
- Differential expression of the small-conductance, calcium-activated potassium channel SK3 is critical for pacemaker control in dopaminergic midbrain neuronsJ Wolfart
Medical Research Council, Anatomical Neuropharmacology Unit, Department of Pharmacology, Oxford University, Oxford OX1 3TH, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 21:3443-56. 2001..This provides a cellular framework to understand the functional consequences of altered SK3 expression, a candidate disease mechanism for schizophrenia...
- Antioxidants prevent ethanol-associated apoptosis in fetal rhombencephalic neuronsAngeline M Antonio
Department of Cell Biology, Neurobiology, and Anatomy, Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
Brain Res 1204:16-23. 2008..e., those cultured in the absence of ethanol. These studies showed that several classes of antioxidants can exert neuroprotection against ethanol-associated apoptosis in fetal rhombencephalic neurons...
- The Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase kinases are AMP-activated protein kinase kinasesRebecca L Hurley
Departments of Medicine and Biochemistry, Dartmouth Medical School and the Department of Biological Sciences, Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH 03755, USA
J Biol Chem 280:29060-6. 2005..These data indicate that the CaMKKs function in intact cells as AMPKKs, predicting wider roles for these kinases in regulating AMPK activity in vivo...
- Nuclear condensation and free radical scavenging: a dual mechanism of bisbenzimidazoles to modulate radiation damage to DNAUrmila Tawar
Dr B R Ambedkar Center for Biomedical Research, University of Delhi, Delhi, 110007, India
Mol Cell Biochem 305:221-33. 2007..In the present study, benzimidazoles DMA and TBZ showed marked radioprotection through drug-induced compaction of chromatin and direct quenching of ..
- In vivo target modulation and biological activity of CHIR-258, a multitargeted growth factor receptor kinase inhibitor, in colon cancer modelsSang Hoon Lee
Department of Pharmacology, Chiron Corp, Emeryville, California, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:3633-41. 2005..CHIR-258 exhibits properties that make it a promising candidate for clinical development in a variety of solid and hematologic malignancies...
- Inhibition of poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase enhances cell death and improves tumor growth delay in irradiated lung cancer modelsJeffrey M Albert
Vanderbilt Ingram Cancer Center, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:3033-42. 2007..Ionizing radiation induces DNA strand breaks, suggesting that PARP-1 inhibition may sensitize tumor cells to radiation...
- Rivaroxaban vs dabigatran for thromboprophylaxis after joint-replacement surgery: exploratory indirect comparison based on meta-analysis of pivotal clinical trialsVladimir Trkulja
Department of Pharmacology, Zagreb University School of Medicine, Salata 11, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
Croat Med J 51:113-23. 2010..To indirectly compare rivaroxaban and dabigatran for prevention of venous thromboembolism (VTE) after total hip or knee arthroplasty (THA, TKA) based on their pivotal efficacy/safety trials embracing a total of 20618 patients...
- A phase II, open-label, randomized study to assess the efficacy and safety of AZD6244 (ARRY-142886) versus pemetrexed in patients with non-small cell lung cancer who have failed one or two prior chemotherapeutic regimensJohn D Hainsworth
Sarah Cannon Research Institute, Nashville, TN 37203, USA
J Thorac Oncol 5:1630-6. 2010..AZD6244 (ARRY-142886) is a potent, selective MEK inhibitor. This study aimed to evaluate the efficacy and safety of AZD6244 versus pemetrexed as second- or third-line treatment in patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- A cell active chemical GEF inhibitor selectively targets the Trio/RhoG/Rac1 signaling pathwayNathalie Bouquier
Centre de Recherche de Biochimie Macromoleculaire, Universites Montpellier I et II, CNRS, 34293 Montpellier, France
Chem Biol 16:657-66. 2009..This study introduces a selective cell active inhibitor of the Trio/RhoG/Rac1 pathway and validates RhoGEFs as druggable targets...
- Role of diabetes and obesity in outcomes of the candesartan antihypertensive survival evaluation in Japan (CASE-J) trialKazuwa Nakao
Department of Medicine and Medical Science, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Hypertens Res 33:600-6. 2010..Candesartan treatment may suppress all-cause death and reduce the incidence of new-onset diabetes in patients with obesity...
- Dabigatran and warfarin in vitamin K antagonist-naive and -experienced cohorts with atrial fibrillationMichael D Ezekowitz
Lankenau Institute for Medical Research, 100 Lancaster Ave, Suite G36, Wynnewood, PA 19096, USA
Circulation 122:2246-53. 2010..The comparison of anticoagulants dabigatran and warfarin might be most equitable in vitamin K antagonist (VKA)-naive patients...
- Structural study of selected polyhalogenated benzimidazoles (protein kinase CK2 inhibitors) by nuclear quadrupole double resonance, X-ray, and density functional theoryJ N Latosińska
Faculty of Physics, Adam Mickiewicz University Umultowska 85, 61 614 Poznan, Poland
J Phys Chem A 114:563-75. 2010Protein kinase CK2 inhibitors, polyhalogenated benzimidazoles, have been studied experimentally in solid state by NMR-NQR double resonance and X-ray and theoretically by the density functional theory (DFT)...
- Telmisartan attenuates aortic hypertrophy in hypertensive rats by the modulation of ACE2 and profilin-1 expressionJiu Chang Zhong
Ruijin Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai Key Laboratory of Vascular Biology, Shanghai Institute of Hypertension, Shanghai 200025, China
Regul Pept 166:90-7. 2011..In conclusion, telmisartan treatment attenuates vascular hypertrophy in SHR by the modulation of ACE2 and profilin-1 expression with a marked reversal of ERK1/2 and JNK phosphorylation signaling pathways...
- Effects of antihypertensive treatment with angiotensin II receptor blockers on lipid profile: an open multi-drug comparison trialStella Maria G Kyvelou
Hypertension Unit, 1st Cardiology Department, Athens University, Hippokration Hospital, Greece
Hellenic J Cardiol 47:21-8. 2006..This study was conducted to evaluate blood pressure control and the plasma lipid profile in hypertensive patients after six months' treatment with ARB...
- High dose treatment with angiotensin II receptor blocker in patients with hypertension: differential effect of tissue protection versus blood pressure loweringM Shargorodsky
Department of Endocrinology, Wolfson Medical Center, Holon and Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Atherosclerosis 197:303-10. 2008..Treatment with high doses of Candesartan improves arterial stiffness to a greater extent than conventional doses of Candesartan, despite comparable changes in blood pressure...
- Laboratory toxicity test and post-exposure feeding inhibition using the giant freshwater prawn Macrobrachium rosenbergiiKriengkrai Satapornvanit
Department of Fishery Biology, Faculty of Fisheries, Kasetsart University, Bangkhen, Chatuchak, Bangkok 10900, Thailand
Chemosphere 74:1209-15. 2009..This study demonstrated that the M. rosenbergii could also be used as a test animal to detect the effects of different chemical contaminants in aquatic environments...
- Candesartan but not ramipril pretreatment improves outcome after stroke and stimulates neurotrophin BNDF/TrkB system in ratsMaxim Krikov
Center for Cardiovascular Research CCR Institute of Pharmacology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
J Hypertens 26:544-52. 2008....
- Inhibition of intestinal Cl- secretion by clotrimazole: direct effect on basolateral membrane K+ channelsD C Devor
Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
Am J Physiol 273:C531-40. 1997..We demonstrate that clotrimazole blocks the intestinal KCa, thereby inhibiting Cl- secretion. These results suggest that clotrimazole may be useful as an antidiarrheal...
- A leukemic stem cell with intrinsic drug efflux capacity in acute myeloid leukemiaG G Wulf
Center for Cell and Gene Therapy, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Blood 98:1166-73. 2001..They also suggest a mechanism by which SP cells could escape the effects of cytostatic drugs and might eventually contribute to leukemia relapse. (Blood. 2001;98:1166-1173)..
- Effect of candesartan on microalbuminuria and albumin excretion rate in diabetes: three randomized trialsRudy Bilous
Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Ann Intern Med 151:11-20, W3-4. 2009..Microalbuminuria in diabetes is strongly predictive of nephropathy, end-stage renal disease, and premature cardiovascular morbidity and mortality. Effective preventive therapies are therefore a clinical priority...
- Tetrabromobenzotriazole (TBBt) and tetrabromobenzimidazole (TBBz) as selective inhibitors of protein kinase CK2: evaluation of their effects on cells and different molecular forms of human CK2Piotr Zien
Regulatory Biology and Functional Genomics Research Group, Siebens-Drake Medical Research Institute, Department of Biochemistry, Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada N6A 5C1
Biochim Biophys Acta 1754:271-80. 2005..Finally, development of shRNA strategies for the selective knockdown of the CK2alpha and CK2alpha' isoforms reinforces the foregoing results, indicating that inhibition of CK2 leads to attenuation of proliferation...
- Targeted inhibition of the extracellular signal-regulated kinase kinase pathway with AZD6244 (ARRY-142886) in the treatment of hepatocellular carcinomaHung Huynh
Laboratory of Molecular Endocrinology, Division of Cellular and Molecular Research, National Cancer Centre of Singapore, Singapore 169610, Singapore
Mol Cancer Ther 6:138-46. 2007..Targeted inhibition of the MEK-ERK pathway with AZD6244 may represent an alternative approach for the treatment of this disease...
- [Effect of candesartan cilexetil with hydrochlorothiazide on blood pressure and ST-segment depression in patients with arterial hypertension]S Uen
Abteilung für Hypertonie und Angiologie, Medizinische Universitäts Poliklinik der Universität Bonn
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 132:81-6. 2007..blood pressure and ST-segment depression during daily life of patients with treated but not controlled arterial hypertension (blood pressure taken at doctor's practice (3)140/90 mmHg, despite being on at least two antihypertensive drugs)..
- Markers for benzimidazole resistance in human parasitic nematodes?Roger K Prichard
Institute of Parasitology, McGill University, 21111 Lakeshore Road, Ste Anne de Bellevue, Quebec, Canada, H9X 3V9
Parasitology 134:1087-92. 2007....
- Anthelmintic resistance in nematodes: extent, recent understanding and future directions for control and researchR K Prichard
Institute of Parasitology, McGill University, Macdonald College, Ste Anne de Bellevue, QC Canada
Int J Parasitol 20:515-23. 1990..has now been reported to all of the broad spectrum anthelmintic types currently available, namely to the benzimidazoles, levamisole/morantel and to ivermectin...
- Constrictor and dilator effects of angiotensin II on cerebral arteriolesJean-Martin Vincent
Laboratoire de Pharmacologie, , , 5 rue Albert Lebrun, 54000 Nancy, France
Stroke 36:2691-5. 2005....
- Telmisartan ameliorates experimental autoimmune myocarditis associated with inhibition of inflammation and oxidative stressVijayakumar Sukumaran
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Niigata University of Pharmacy and Applied Life Sciences, Niigata, Japan
Eur J Pharmacol 652:126-35. 2011....
- Effect of substitution on the antimycobacterial activity of 2-(substituted benzyl)sulfanyl benzimidazoles, benzoxazoles, and benzothiazoles--a quantitative structure-activity relationship studyOldrich Pytela
Institute of Organic Chemistry and Technology, Faculty of Chemical Technology, University Pardubice, Pardubice, Czech Republic
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 59:179-84. 2011..of substitution on the antimycobacterial activity of the previously published 2-(substituted benzyl)sulfanyl benzimidazoles, benzoxazoles, and benzothiazoles has been analyzed by the methods of multidimensional analysis (exploratory ..
- Telmisartan attenuates oxidative stress and renal fibrosis in streptozotocin induced diabetic mice with the alteration of angiotensin-(1-7) mas receptor expression associated with its PPAR-γ agonist actionArun Prasath Lakshmanan
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Niigata University of Pharmacy and Applied Life Sciences, Niigata City, Japan
Free Radic Res 45:575-84. 2011..These findings suggest that Ang-II plays a significant role in DN and telmisartan would be beneficial in reducing oxidative stress and fibrosis in STZ-induced DN...
- [An experimental study of expression of angiotension converting enzyme 2 in myocardium and effect of telmisartan treatment in pressure-overloaded rats]Li Jun Wang
Department of Cardiology, The Affiliated Baoan Hospital of Nanfang Medical University, Shenzhen 518101, Guangdong, China
Zhongguo Wei Zhong Bing Ji Jiu Yi Xue 20:218-22. 2008..To study the effect of hypertension and telmisartan treatment on the protein and gene expression of cardiac angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) in pressure-overloaded rats...
- CHIR-258 is efficacious in a newly developed fibroblast growth factor receptor 3-expressing orthotopic multiple myeloma model in miceXiaohua Xin
Translational Sciences, Chiron Corporation, Emeryville, California, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:4908-15. 2006..CONCLUSIONS: Our data provide a relevant preclinical basis for clinical trials of CHIR-258 in FGFR3-positive MM patients...
- Partial sequence of the beta-tubulin of Histomonas meleagridis and the activity of benzimidazoles against H. meleagridis in vitroRüdiger Hauck
Institute of Poultry Diseases, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Free University Berlin, Königsweg 63, 14163, Berlin, Germany
Parasitol Res 104:1183-9. 2009..b>Benzimidazoles are antiparasitic drugs, and some of them are licensed for use in food-producing animals...
- Efficacy and safety of dabigatran compared with warfarin at different levels of international normalised ratio control for stroke prevention in atrial fibrillation: an analysis of the RE-LY trialLars Wallentin
Uppsala Clinical Research Centre, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Lancet 376:975-83. 2010..We aimed to investigate the primary and secondary outcomes of the RE-LY trial in relation to each centre's mean TTR (cTTR) in the warfarin population...
- Synthesis and biological activity of 2-(trifluoromethyl)-1H-benzimidazole derivatives against some protozoa and Trichinella spiralisFrancisco Hernández-Luis
Facultad de Quimica, Departamento de Farmacia, UNAM, Mexico, DF 04510, Mexico
Eur J Med Chem 45:3135-41. 2010..In the in vivo model against T. spiralis, compounds 1b and 1e showed good activity against the adult phase at 75 mg/Kg. However, against the muscle larvae stage, only compound 1f exhibited in vivo antiparasitic efficacy...
- In vivo pharmacological manipulation of small conductance Ca(2+)-activated K(+) channels influences motor behavior, object memory and fear conditioningKyle A Vick
Interdisciplinary Program in Neuroscience, Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, FL 33431 0991, USA
Neuropharmacology 58:650-9. 2010..These results suggest that SK channel activation impairs the encoding of non-aversive memory but not memory for aversive events. These data support converging evidence that SK channels regulate cellular mechanisms of memory encoding...
- Telmisartan attenuates progression of steatohepatitis in mice: role of hepatic macrophage infiltration and effects on adipose tissueHiroshi Kudo
Third Department of Internal Medicine, University of Toyama, Toyama, Japan
Liver Int 29:988-96. 2009..The aim of this study was to investigate the efficacy and mechanisms of Tel on a murine NASH model...
- Telmisartan prevents hepatic fibrosis and enzyme-altered lesions in liver cirrhosis rat induced by a choline-deficient L-amino acid-defined dietHaiyan Jin
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Yamaguchi University Graduate School of Medicine, Minami Kogushi 1 1 1 Ube, Yamaguchi 755 8505, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 364:801-7. 2007..Tel inhibited HSCs activation and proliferation. These results suggested that Tel could be a promising drug for NASH related liver fibrosis...
- Antihypertensive efficacy and tolerability of candesartan-hydrochlorothiazide 32/12.5 mg and 32/25 mg in patients not optimally controlled with candesartan monotherapyGerd Bönner
MEDIAN Kliniken, Bad Krozingen, Germany
Blood Press Suppl 2:22-30. 2008..To evaluate the efficacy and tolerability of candesartan cilexetil 32 mg in combination with hydrochlorothiazide (HCT) 12.5 mg or 25 mg in hypertensive patients not optimally controlled with candesartan monotherapy...
- Metabolic effects of an AT1-receptor blockade combined with HCTZ in cardiac risk patients: a non interventional study in primary carePeter Bramlage
Institute for Clinical Pharmacology, Medical Faculty Carl Gustav Carus, TU Dresden, Germany
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 8:30. 2008....
- Prevention of transition from incipient to overt nephropathy with telmisartan in patients with type 2 diabetesHirofumi Makino
Department of Medicine and Clinical Science, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry, and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2-Okayama, Japan
Diabetes Care 30:1577-8. 2007
- Optimal dose of candesartan for renoprotection in type 2 diabetic patients with nephropathy: a double-blind randomized cross-over studyKasper Rossing
Steno Diabetes Center, Gentofte, Denmark. Faculty of Health Science, University of Aarhus, Aarhus, Denmark
Diabetes Care 26:150-5. 2003..05 versus placebo). CONCLUSIONS: The optimal dose of candesartan is 16 mg daily for renoprotection, as reflected by short-term reduction in albuminuria, in hypertensive type 2 diabetic patients with nephropathy...
- CHIR-258: a potent inhibitor of FLT3 kinase in experimental tumor xenograft models of human acute myelogenous leukemiaDaniel E Lopes de Menezes
Chiron Corp, Biopharma Research and Development, Emeryville, California 94608, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:5281-91. 2005..CONCLUSIONS: Our data indicate that CHIR-258 may be an effective therapy in FLT3-associated AML and warrants clinical trials...
- Synthesis and antimycobacterial activity of 2-substituted halogenobenzimidazolesZ Kazimierczuk
Institute of Chemistry, Agricultural University, 159C Nowoursynowska Street, 02 787 Warsaw, Poland
Eur J Med Chem 40:203-8. 2005A series of substituted 2-polyfluoroalkyl and 2-nitrobenzylsulphanyl benzimidazoles was synthesized...
- Randomized trial of a single, double and triple dose of 10 mg/kg of a human formulation of triclabendazole in patients with fascioliasisHaleh Talaie
Education Development Center, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 31:777-82. 2004..No cases of toxic hepatitis were observed. 6. In conclusion, oral administration of 10 mg/kg of the human pharmaceutical preparation of triclabendazole for 1-3 days is safe and effective in the treatment of human fascioliasis...
- Halogenated benzimidazoles and benzotriazoles as inhibitors of the NTPase/helicase activities of hepatitis C and related virusesPeter Borowski
Abteilung fur Virologie, Bernhard Nocht Institut fur Tropenmedizin, Hamburg, Germany
Eur J Biochem 270:1645-53. 2003..The halogeno benzimidazoles and benzotriazoles included in this study are excellent lead compounds for the development of more potent ..
Research Grants109 found, 100 shown here
- NEW EXPERIMENTAL MODELS OF HYPERTENSIONTheodore Kurtz; Fiscal Year: 2006..Hypertension candidate genes will then be isolated using cDNA screening techniques to identify genes expressed in the brain, adrenal gland, or kidney that map within this chromosome region. ..
- Oxidative Stress in Oral StreptococciRobert E Marquis; Fiscal Year: 2010..Aim 3 is focused on translational research with investigation of small molecules, such as zinc cations, benzimidazoles or other sulfhydryl-reacting agents, such as allicin, chelators, fluoride and other halogens, transition metal ..
- ANTIFUNGAL RESPONSE--MDR INDUCTIONThomas Edlind; Fiscal Year: 2002..indicate that MDR induction is the most likely explanation for the intrinsic resistance of Candida species to benzimidazoles and for the antagonistic activity between compounds that induce MDR (albendazole and sulfadiazine) and ..
- Novel Antimicrobials Targeting Cell DivisionIwao Ojima; Fiscal Year: 2010..tubulin/microtubules and has hypothesized that a certain class of taxanes (microtubule-stabilizer) and benzimidazoles (tubulin polymerization inhibitors) should inhibit the depolymerization or polymerization of FtsZ from ..
- Novel Antimicrobials Targeting Cell DivisionIwao Ojima; Fiscal Year: 2011..tubulin/microtubules and has hypothesized that a certain class of taxanes (microtubule-stabilizer) and benzimidazoles (tubulin polymerization inhibitors) should inhibit the depolymerization or polymerization of FtsZ from ..
- HUMAN CYTOMEGALOVIRUS DNA CLEAVAGE AND PACKAGINGMichael McVoy; Fiscal Year: 2005..Recent findings in GPCMV and HCMV suggest that the benzimidazoles induce a premature cleavage to produce truncated genomes...
- ANALYSIS OF AH RECEPTOR LIGAND BINDING SPECIFICITYMichael Denison; Fiscal Year: 2002..The mechanism by which benzimidazoles, selected pesticides and other chemicals activate the AhR in a "ligand-independent manner" and the ability of ..
- Oxidative Stress in Oral StreptococciRobert Marquis; Fiscal Year: 2007..Aim 3 is focused on translational research with investigation of small molecules, such as zinc cations, benzimidazoles or other sulfhydryl-reacting agents, such as allicin, chelators, fluoride and other halogens, transition metal ..
- Contingency Management for Initiating Smoking AbstinenceWILLIAM BARRY WHITE; Fiscal Year: 2010..Clinic and 24-hour blood pressure (BP) and heart rate (HR) will be additional outcomes. We expect that BP and HR will decrease more among CM than non-CM patients and reductions in smoking may mediate decreases in these indices. ..
- Contingency Management for Initiating Smoking AbstinenceWilliam White; Fiscal Year: 2009..Clinic and 24-hour blood pressure (BP) and heart rate (HR) will be additional outcomes. We expect that BP and HR will decrease more among CM than non-CM patients and reductions in smoking may mediate decreases in these indices. ..
- ANTIVIRAL DRUG RESISTANCE IN HUMAN CYTOMEGALOVIRUSSunwen Chou; Fiscal Year: 1999..W. Lawrence Drew (UCSF) and from Dr. Alejo Erice (University of Minnesota). ..
- ANTIVIRAL DRUG RESISTANCE IN HUMAN CYTOMEGALOVIRUSSunwen Chou; Fiscal Year: 2010..Detailed understanding of the genetic mechanisms of resistance will improve the design of suitable new drug structures and antiviral targets. ..
- ANTIVIRAL DRUG RESISTANCE IN HUMAN CYTOMEGALOVIRUSSunwen Chou; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- ANTIVIRAL DRUG RESISTANCE IN HUMAN CYTOMEGALOVIRUSSunwen Chou; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- KIDNEY SPECIFIC GENE TRANSFER IN HYPERTENSIONTheodore Kurtz; Fiscal Year: 2003..Under this alternative hypothesis, the results of the cDNA microarray analysis will be used to identify potential downstream target genes whose expression is altered by the primary genetic defect on chromosome 1. ..
- KIDNEY SPECIFIC GENE TRANSFER IN HYPERTENSIONTheodore Kurtz; Fiscal Year: 1999....
- Sir2 regulation and chemical modulationAnthony Sauve; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Sir2 regulation and chemical modulationAnthony A Sauve; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Altered Accumbens Signaling Following Ethanol ExposureFREDERIC WOODWARD HOPF; Fiscal Year: 2010..Altered spike firing and dopamine signaling in the NAcb could significantly influence the behavioral contribution of the NAcb, and in this way facilitate the onset of relapse. ..
- Altered Accumbens Signaling Following Ethanol ExposureFREDERIC HOPF; Fiscal Year: 2007..Altered spike firing and dopamine signaling in the NAcb could significantly influence the behavioral contribution of the NAcb, and in this way facilitate the onset of relapse. ..
- NITRIC OXIDE SYNTHASE IN THE JUXTAGLOMERULAR APPARATUSCHRISTOPHER WILCOX; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- REGULATION OF RENAL FUNCTION AND BP BY THROMBOXANECHRISTOPHER WILCOX; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- DEVELOPMENT OF A LIVE ATTENUATED HSV-2 VACCINEMark Prichard; Fiscal Year: 2002..In addition further in vitro characterization will enable high quality clinical trial material to be produced for IND enabling primate studies and early Phase I human trials. PROPOSED COMMERCIAL APPLICATION: Not Available ..
- GENETIC AND GENOMIC RESPONSES TO DNA DAMAGECHARLES RUDIN; Fiscal Year: 2002..Understanding the molecular basis of the various cellular responses to DNA damage is relevant to the design of both chemopreventative and therapeutic anticancer strategies. ..
- A pharmacogenetic and pharmacodynamic study of erlotinibCHARLES RUDIN; Fiscal Year: 2004..Defining the basis of this toxicity could also promote the development of EGFR-directed agents that may avoid such toxicity or that may be effective in a broader spectrum of cancer patients. ..