Summary: A benzodiazepine that acts as a GAMMA-AMINOBUTYRIC ACID modulator and anti-anxiety agent.
Publications206 found, 100 shown here
- Impact of melatonin, zaleplon, zopiclone, and temazepam on psychomotor performanceMichel A Paul
Toronto laboratories of Defence Research and Development Canada, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Aviat Space Environ Med 74:1263-70. 2003..g., zopiclone, temazepam (t(1/2) 4-6 hours) may be used...
- Errors in performance testing: a comparison of ethanol and temazepamB Tiplady
Department of Anaesthesia Critical Care and Pain Medicine, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
J Psychopharmacol 17:41-9. 2003..the effects of ethanol, at blood concentrations of approximately 80-100 mg/100 ml, compared to two doses of temazepam (20 mg and 30 mg) on psychomotor speed and accuracy and on long-term memory...
- Temazepam 10mg does not affect breathing and gas exchange in patients with severe normocapnic COPDGerben Stege
Department of Pulmonology, Rijnstate Hospital, 6800 TA Arnhem, The Netherlands
Respir Med 104:518-24. 2010..The aims of this study were to assess the effects of temazepam on indices of circadian respiratory function, dyspnea, sleep quality, and sleepiness in patients with severe ..
- Adverse effects of temazepam in older adults with chronic insomniaCharles M Morin
Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada
Hum Psychopharmacol 18:75-82. 2003..Benzodiazepine-hypnotics are frequently used for treating insomnia in older adults; however, there is little information about adverse effects associated with their usage over several weeks, particularly in this segment of the population...
- Mechanism of increased dissolution of diazepam and temazepam from polyethylene glycol 6000 solid dispersionsS Verheyen
Laboratorium voor Farmacotechnologie en Biofarmacie, K U Leuven, Campus Gasthuisberg O N, Herestraat 49, 3000, Leuven, Belgium
Int J Pharm 249:45-58. 2002..relationship between their physico-chemical properties and dissolution characteristics, pure drugs (diazepam, temazepam), polymer (PEG6000), solid dispersions and physical mixtures were characterised by DSC, X-ray powder diffraction ..
- Temazepam at high altitude reduces periodic breathing without impairing next-day performance: a randomized cross-over double-blind studyAnnabel H Nickol
Oxford Centre for Respiratory Medicine, Churchill Hospital, Headington, Oxford, UK
J Sleep Res 15:445-54. 2006The aim of the study was to examine the efficacy and safety of temazepam on nocturnal oxygenation and next-day performance at altitude. A double-blind, randomized, cross-over trial was performed in Thirty-three healthy volunteers...
- A pharmacodynamic Markov mixed-effects model for the effect of temazepam on sleepM O Karlsson
Department of Pharmacy, Uppsala University, Sweden
Clin Pharmacol Ther 68:175-88. 2000..A hypnogram shows how sleep travels through its various stages in the course of a night. The sleep stage changes can be quantified to study sedative drug effects...
- Highway driving in the elderly the morning after bedtime use of hypnotics: a comparison between temazepam 20 mg, zopiclone 7.5 mg, and placeboTim R M Leufkens
Department of Neuropsychology and Psychopharmacology, Faculty of Psychology and Neuroscience, Maastricht University, The Netherlands
J Clin Psychopharmacol 29:432-8. 2009..The aim of this study was to evaluate the residual effects the morning after evening doses of temazepam 20 mg and zopiclone 7.5 mg on driving performance in healthy elderly drivers...
- Privileging pleasure: temazepam injection in a heroin marketplaceRobyn Dwyer
National Drug Research Institute, Curtin University of Technology, Perth, Australia
Int J Drug Policy 19:367-74. 2008Pleasure and its pursuit provide the key explanatory frame in this ethnographic analysis of temazepam injection among a set of drug injectors who enthusiastically embrace high-risk practices...
- Sleep-inducing pharmaceuticals: a comparison of melatonin, zaleplon, zopiclone, and temazepamMichel A Paul
Defence Research and Development Canada Toronto, North York, Ontario, Canada
Aviat Space Environ Med 75:512-9. 2004..Current military operations often require pharmaceutical methods to sustain alertness and facilitate sleep in order to maintain operational readiness. This study was designed to compare the sleep-inducing power of four medications...
- The effects of restricting publicly subsidised temazepam capsules on benzodiazepine use among injecting drug users in AustraliaCourtney L Breen
National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre, University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW 2052, Australia
Med J Aust 181:300-4. 2004To assess the effect of a restriction on publicly subsidised temazepam 10 mg capsules upon the injection of benzodiazepines by injecting drug users (IDUs).
- Usefulness of temazepam and zaleplon to induce afternoon sleepRies Simons
TNO Human Factors, Aerospace Medicine Group, P O Box 23, 3769 ZG Soesterberg, The Netherlands
Mil Med 171:998-1001. 2006..The usefulness of temazepam and zaleplon to optimize afternoon sleep and their effects on performance and alertness during a subsequent ..
- Effects of after-midnight intake of zolpidem and temazepam on driving ability in women with non-organic insomniaM Partinen
Haaga Neurological Research Centre NEURO, Department of Clinical Neurosciences, University of Helsinki, Mäkipellontie 15, FIN 00320 Helsinki, Finland
Sleep Med 4:553-61. 2003..Occasionally, insomniac patients may take a sleeping pill after midnight. This may have consequences on their ability to drive a car and result in an increased risk of car accidents...
- Effect of low-dose temazepam on physiological variables and performance tests following a westerly flight across five time zonesT Reilly
Research Institute for Sport and Exercise Sciences, Liverpool John Moores University, UK
Int J Sports Med 22:166-74. 2001..before retiring to bed on days 1, 2 and 3, subjects were administered, in a double-blind fashion, either 10mg of temazepam or a placebo...
- Acute pharmacological effects of temazepam, diphenhydramine, and valerian in healthy elderly subjectsJennifer R Glass
Division of Clinical Neuroscience, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 33 Russell Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5S 2S1
J Clin Psychopharmacol 23:260-8. 2003..crossover, placebo-controlled study was performed to assess the comparative pharmacodynamics of single doses of temazepam (15 and 30 mg), diphenhydramine (50 and 75 mg), and valerian (400 and 800 mg) in 14 healthy elderly volunteers (..
- Selective effects of clonidine and temazepam on attention and memoryBrian Tiplady
Department of Anaesthesia, Intensive Care, and Pain Medicine, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
J Psychopharmacol 19:259-65. 2005The present study compared the effects of clonidine and temazepam on performance on a range of tasks aiming to assess the role of central noradrenergic mechanisms in cognitive function...
- Efficacy of temazepam in frequent users: a series of N-of-1 trialsA C M Wegman
Institute for Research in Extramural Medicine, Department of General Practice, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Fam Pract 22:152-9. 2005..Benzodiazepines are frequently prescribed for sleep disturbances. However, benzodiazepines are associated with side effects, and may be ineffective when used for a prolonged period of time...
- Improving daytime sleep with temazepam as a countermeasure for shift lagJ Lynn Caldwell
U S Army Aeromedical Research Laboratory, Fort Rucker, AL, USA
Aviat Space Environ Med 74:153-63. 2003..When the shift must be worked several consecutive nights, a cumulative sleep debt is created. Appropriate countermeasures are required to help personnel obtain as much sleep as possible so they may perform their duties effectively...
- Zolpidem is not superior to temazepam with respect to rebound insomnia: a controlled studyRichard C Oude Voshaar
Department of Psychiatry, University Medical Centre St Radboud hp 333, P O Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, Netherlands
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 14:301-6. 2004This randomised controlled trial was conducted to compare zolpidem to an equivalent dose of temazepam with respect to subjective rebound insomnia after cessation of 4 weeks of treatment in chronic insomnia (zolpidem 10 mg, n=79; ..
- Comparison of temazepam 7.5 mg with temazepam 15 mg for the treatment of transient insomniaMilton K Erman
Pacific Sleep Medicine Services, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 20:441-9. 2004To demonstrate the equivalent efficacy of temazepam 7.5 mg and temazepam 15 mg for the treatment of transient insomnia.
- [Signopam treatment of insomnia in patients with somatic pathology]L V Romasenko
Zh Nevrol Psikhiatr Im S S Korsakova 104:60-1. 2004
- Alcohol and other drug use in later lifeMoira G Sim
Centre for Postgraduate Medicine, Edith Cowan University, Western Australia
Aust Fam Physician 33:820-4. 2004..Drug use in the elderly is associated with significant morbidity anid can be masked by other medical problems...
- Use of night-time benzodiazepines in an elderly inpatient populationM Ramesh
Department of Pharmacy Practice, JSS College of Pharmacy, S S Nagara, Mysore, India
J Clin Pharm Ther 27:93-7. 2002..Secondary objectives included assessment of quality of sleep in hospital compared with home and monitoring for possible benzodiazepine side-effects...
- Evaluation of actigraphy and automated telephoned questionnaires to assess hypnotic effects in insomniaS J Wilson
Psychopharmacology Unit, University of Bristol, Dorothy Hodgkin Building, Bristol, UK
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 19:77-84. 2004..took part in a 5-week, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of the effects of 2 weeks of administration of temazepam 20 mg on sleep. Outcome measures were actigraphy and daily St Mary's Hospital Sleep Questionnaires (SMHSQ)...
- Severe vein damage caused by Temezepam injectingCampbell K Aitken
Aust N Z J Public Health 26:79. 2002
- Insomnia. Diagnosis and managementRon Grunstein
Sleep Research Group, Institute of Respiratory Medicine, University of Sydney
Aust Fam Physician 31:995-1000. 2002..Insomnia is a complaint of perceived poor sleep quality resulting in impairment of daytime function. It is the commonest clinical sleep disorder with approximately 6-12% of adults complaining of chronic insomnia...
- Neurobehavioural performance effects of daytime melatonin and temazepam administrationNaomi L Rogers
Division of Sleep and Chronobiology, Unit for Experimental Psychiatry, The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6021, USA
J Sleep Res 12:207-12. 2003..present study compared neurobehavioural performance following administration of melatonin and the benzodiazepine temazepam, using a within-subjects design...
- Toward evidence-based prescribing at end of life: a comparative review of temazepam and zolpidem for the treatment of insomniaKevin T Bain
excelleRx, Inc, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Hosp Palliat Care 20:382-8. 2003A comparative review of temazepam and zolpidem use in managing insomnia in the hospice patient was undertaken to determine whether treatment with temazepam is a more cost-effective approach for this patient population...
- CNS effects of sumatriptan and rizatriptanS D Silberstein
Cephalalgia 24:78; author reply 78-9. 2004
- Are changes in beliefs and attitudes about sleep related to sleep improvements in the treatment of insomnia?C M Morin
Ecole de Psychologie, Universite Laval, Sainte Foy, Quebec, Canada
Behav Res Ther 40:741-52. 2002..These findings highlight the importance of targeting sleep-related beliefs and attitudes in the treatment of insomnia...
- Digit loss following misuse of temazepamGerald F X Feeney
Alcohol and Drug Assessment Unit, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Woolloongabba, QLD
Med J Aust 176:380. 2002
- [Adverse renal effects of legal and illicit drugs]S R Orth
Abteilung für Nephrologie Hypertonie, Inselspital, Bern
Ther Umsch 59:122-30. 2002..Thus, in any case of unexplained renal functional impairment substance abuse should be considered by the physician...
- Acute performance-impairing and subject-rated effects of triazolam and temazepam, alone and in combination with ethanol, in humansCathy A Simpson
Department ofPsychiatry and Human Behavior, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, USA
J Psychopharmacol 16:23-34. 2002The acute behavioural effects of triazolam (0.125 and 0.25 mg), temazepam (15 and 30 mg), and placebo, alone and in combination with ethanol (0 and 0.5 g/kg), were assessed in 10 volunteers...
- Behavioral treatment for chronic insomniaJ Todd Arnedt
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Box G BH, Brown University, Providence, RI 02912, USA
Med Health R I 85:90-4. 2002
- Commentary on: Dou C, Bournique J, Zinda M, Gnezda M, Nally A, Salamone S. Comparison of rates of hydrolysis of lorazepam-glucuronide, oxazepam-glucuronide and temazepam-glucuronide catalyzed by E. coli beta-glucuronidase using the on-line benzodiazepine Carol L O'Neal
J Forensic Sci 47:427-8. 2002
- Conducting research in individual patients: lessons learnt from two series of N-of-1 trialsAnke C M Wegman
Department of Pharmacology Pharmacotherapy, VU University Medical Center, Van der Boechorststraat 7, 1081 BT Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Fam Pract 7:54. 2006..These difficulties are described and our solutions are discussed...
- Effects of 2-week treatment with temazepam and diphenhydramine in elderly insomniacs: a randomized, placebo-controlled trialJennifer R Glass
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Psychopharmacol 28:182-8. 2008A randomized, controlled, crossover clinical study compared 14-night treatment with 15 mg temazepam, 50 mg diphenhydramine, and placebo in elderly individuals with insomnia (mean age, 73.9 years; range, 70-89 years)...
- Suppression of chiral recognition of 3-hydroxy-1,4-benzodiazepines during micellar electrokinetic capillary chromatography with bile saltsS Boonkerd
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Drug Analysis, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium
J Chromatogr A 704:238-41. 1995..peak splitting and broadening were observed for some 3-hydroxy-1,4-benzodiazepines (oxazepam, lorazepam, temazepam and lormetazepam)...
- The effect of temazepam on respiration in elderly insomniacs with mild sleep apneaM E Camacho
Division of Geriatric Medicine, Medical College of Virginia/Virginia Commonwealth University, USA
Sleep 18:644-5. 1995This study evaluated the respiratory effect of temazepam in elderly subjects (mean age 65 +/- 3.8 years), with mild sleep apnea...
- Visual hallucination and temazepam: an unusual caseAbid Iraqi
J Am Geriatr Soc 54:1627-8. 2006
- Images in emergency medicine. Activated charcoal aspirationJason B Hack
Brody School of Medicine, Department of Emergency Medicine, Greenville, NC, USA
Ann Emerg Med 48:522, 531. 2006
- The effect of single oral doses of zopiclone on nocturnal melatonin secretion in healthy male volunteersT R Norman
Department of Psychiatry, University of Melbourne, Austin and Repatriation Medical Centre, Heidelberg, Victoria, Australia
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 25:825-33. 2001The effects of single oral doses of zopiclone and temazepam were investigated in eight healthy male volunteers using a single blind, placebo controlled cross over study. Doses of zopiclone were 7...
- Hypnotic residual effects of benzodiazepines with repeated administrationT Roehrs
Henry Ford Hospital, Sleep Disorders and Research Center, Detroit, Michigan 48202
Sleep 9:309-16. 1986..Twelve healthy, normal sleepers received flurazepam 30 mg, temazepam 30 mg, and placebo for nine nights in a repeated measures, Latin-square design with 19 nights of recovery ..
- Altitude insomnia: studies during an expedition to the HimalayasA N Nicholson
Royal Air Force Institute of Aviation Medicine, Farnborough, Hampshire, England
Sleep 11:354-61. 1988..At high altitude (4,150-4,846 m), each subject ingested temazepam (10 mg) for one night and placebo for another...
- Associations between use of benzodiazepines or related drugs and health, physical abilities and cognitive function: a non-randomised clinical study in the elderlyJuha Puustinen
Department of Family Medicine, University of Turku, Turku, Finland
Drugs Aging 24:1045-59. 2007..To describe associations between the use of benzodiazepines or related drugs (BZDs/RDs) and health, functional abilities and cognitive function in the elderly...
- The effects of the market withdrawal of temazepam gel capsules on benzodiazepine injecting in Sydney, AustraliaLouisa Degenhardt
National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre, University of New South Wales, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Drug Alcohol Rev 27:145-51. 2008This study assessed the impact on benzodiazepine injection among IDU in Sydney of removing temazepam gel capsule preparations from the Australian market.
- The effect of melatonin on sedation of children undergoing magnetic resonance imagingM R J Sury
Department of Anaesthesia, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Trust, London, UK
Br J Anaesth 97:220-5. 2006..Melatonin may induce a natural sleepiness and improve predictability of sedation drugs. We have investigated its clinical value in children sedated for magnetic resonance imaging...
- The detection of sedatives in hair and nail samples using tandem LC-MS-MSRachel C Irving
Department of Chemistry, The University of Waikato, Knighton Road, Hamilton, New Zealand
Forensic Sci Int 166:58-67. 2007Drug screening methods were developed to detect alprazolam, clobazam, clonazepam, diazepam, midazolam, oxazepam, temazepam, triazolam, zopiclone, and selected metabolites in human hair and nail samples employing liquid-liquid extraction ..
- Comparison of the rates of hydrolysis of lorazepam-glucuronide, oxazepam-glucuronide and tamazepam-glucuronide catalyzed by E. coli beta-D-glucuronidase using the on-line benzodiazepine screening immunoassay on the Roche/Hitachi 917 analyzerC Dou
Roche Diagnostic Corporation, Indianapolis, IN 46250, USA
J Forensic Sci 46:335-40. 2001The catalytic rates of hydrolysis of lorazepam-glucuronide, oxazepam-glucuronide, and temazepam-glucuronide when catalyzed by E. Coli...
- Modeling cumulative dose and exposure duration provided insights regarding the associations between benzodiazepines and injuriesMichal Abrahamowicz
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Clin Epidemiol 59:393-403. 2006..We propose new methods for modeling various aspects of medication use history and employment of them to assess the adverse effects of selected benzodiazepines...
- Fatigue in military aviation: an overview of US military-approved pharmacological countermeasuresJohn A Caldwell
Biosciences and Protection Division, United States Air Force Research Laboratory, Brooks City Base, TX 78235, USA
Aviat Space Environ Med 76:C39-51. 2005..S. military have authorized the use of specific compounds for this purpose. Hypnotics such as temazepam, zolpidem, or zaleplon can mitigate the fatigue associated with insufficient or disturbed sleep...
- Influence of adenosine receptor agonists on benzodiazepine withdrawal signs in miceJoanna Listos
Department of Pharmacology and Pharmacodynamics, Medical University of Lublin, Staszica 4, 20 081 Lublin, Poland
Eur J Pharmacol 523:71-8. 2005..0 or 60.0 mg/kg, s.c.) with flumazenil (10.0 mg/kg, i.p.) in mice chronically treated with temazepam or diazepam induced the appearance of withdrawal signs: clonic seizures, tonic convulsions and death episodes...
- Premedication for bronchoscopy in older patients: a double-blind comparison of two regimensM R Watts
Department of Medicine for the Elderly Medical Day Ward, Limerick Regional Hospital, Dooradoyle, Co Limerick, Ireland
Respir Med 99:220-6. 2005..We compared a novel premedication regimen-oral temazepam plus nebulised Lignocaine (new treatment) to an established regimen of intravenous alfentanyl (control).
- High-speed gradient parallel liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometry with fully automated sample preparation for bioanalysis: 30 seconds per sample from plasmaYuzhong Deng
Discovery MAP Group, Bristol Myers Squibb Company, Wilmington, DE 19880, USA
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 16:1116-23. 2002..The method was cross-validated with a conventional liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometry (LC/MS/MS) assay...
- Quantitation of drug metabolites in the absence of pure metabolite standards by high-performance liquid chromatography coupled with a chemiluminescence nitrogen detector and mass spectrometerYuzhong Deng
PCO, Bristol Myers Squibb Company, P O Box 4000, Princeton, NJ 08543, USA
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 18:1681-5. 2004..For this evaluation, oxazepam and temazepam were chosen as a 'drug/metabolite' pair. Temazepam was treated as the methylated metabolite of oxazepam...
- Fast analysis using monolithic columns coupled with high-flow on-line extraction and electrospray mass spectrometric detection for the direct and simultaneous quantitation of multiple components in plasmaHang Zeng
Discovery MAP Group, Bristol Myers Squibb Company, Route 141 and Henry Clay Road, Wilmington, DE 19880, USA
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 788:331-7. 2003..An evaluation of this system was performed using a mixture of fenfluramine, temazepam, oxazepam, and tamoxifen in plasma. A total cycle time of 1...
- Selectivity in the generalization profile in baboons trained to discriminate lorazepam: benzodiazepines, barbiturates and other sedative/anxiolyticsN A Ator
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 282:1442-57. 1997..8 mg/kg). Triazolam, alprazolam, diazepam, midazolam, bromazepam, temazepam and nordiazepam occasioned >80% of total responses on the lorazepam-paired lever, in that order of potency, ..
- [Benzodiazepines and forensic aspects]L Michel
Praticien Hospitalier, Chef de Service SMPR, EPS Charcot, 30, Avenue Marc Laurent, BP 20, 78373 Plaisir cedex
Encephale 29:479-85. 2003..benzodiazepines have already been identified for this use: flunitrazepam, clorazepate but also triazolam and temazepam in UK, alprazolam in USA. Flunitrazepam is prohibited in USA and considered as narcotics in France...
- A validated method for simultaneous screening and quantification of twenty-three benzodiazepines and metabolites plus zopiclone and zaleplone in whole blood by liquid-liquid extraction and ultra-performance liquid chromatography- tandem mass spectrometryKirsten Wiese Simonsen
Section of Forensic Chemistry, Department of Forensic Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen, 3 DK 2100, Denmark
J Anal Toxicol 34:332-41. 2010..7-aminoflunitrazepam, lorazepam, lormetazepam, midazolam, nitrazepam, 7-aminonitrazepam, oxazepam, temazepam, triazolam, zaleplon, and zopiclone. Whole blood from drug-free volunteers was used for all experiments...
- Determination of benzodiazepines in oral fluid using LC-MS-MSChristine Moore
Immunalysis Corporation, 829 Towne Center Drive, Pomona, California 91767, USA
J Anal Toxicol 31:596-600. 2007..clonazepam, lorazepam, oxazepam, diazepam, midazolam, flurazepam, flunitrazepam, nordiazepam, triazolam, temazepam, nitrazepam, and chlordiazepoxide in oral fluid is described, using liquid chromatography coupled to a triple ..
- Experience with urine drug testing by the Correctional Service of CanadaA D Fraser
Queen Elizabeth II Health Sciences Centre and Dalhousie University, 1278 Tower Road, Halifax, NS, Canada B3H 2Y9
Forensic Sci Int 121:16-22. 2001..7%), morphine (3.2%), cocaine metabolite (3.2%), codeine (2.6%), oxazepam (2.1%), temazepam (1.1%) and ethyl alcohol (1.0%). In correctional institutions (8606 non-dilute specimens analyzed in 1999), 16...
- Urine benzodiazepine screening using Roche Online KIMS immunoassay with beta-glucuronidase hydrolysis and confirmation by gas chromatography- mass spectrometryKevin L Klette
Navy Drug Screening Laboratory, 320 B Street, Great Lakes, Illinois 60088 2815, USA
J Anal Toxicol 29:193-200. 2005..With hydrolysis, temazepam, oxazepam, and lorazepam glucuronides, produced cross-reactivities of 25%, 15%, and 20%, respectively...
- Anticholinergic activity of 107 medications commonly used by older adultsMarci L Chew
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, Geriatric Psychopharmacology Laboratory, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 56:1333-41. 2008..Citalopram, escitalopram, fluoxetine, lithium, mirtazapine, quetiapine, ranitidine, and temazepam had values less than 5 pmol/mL...
- Screening method for benzodiazepines and hypnotics in hair at pg/mg level by liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry/mass spectrometryMarion Villain
Laboratoire ChemTox, rue Grüninger, 67400 Illkirch, France
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 825:72-8. 2005..7-aminoflunitrazepam, bromazepam, clobazam, diazepam, lorazepam, lormetazepam, midazolam, nordiazepam, oxazepam, temazepam, tetrazepam, triazolam, zaleplon and zolpidem)...
- Quetiapine for insomnia associated with refractory depression exacerbated by phenelzineKenneth N Sokolski
Mood Disorders Clinic, Veterans Affairs Long Beach Healthcare System, Long Beach, CA 90822, USA
Ann Pharmacother 40:567-70. 2006..To report the successful treatment of phenelzine-associated insomnia with low-dose quetiapine in a patient with refractory depression...
- Relative abuse liability of hypnotic drugs: a conceptual framework and algorithm for differentiating among compoundsRoland R Griffiths
Department of Psychiatry, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 66:31-41. 2005..methaqualone, diazepam, flunitrazepam, lorazepam, GHB (gamma-hydroxybutyrate, also known as sodium oxybate), temazepam, zaleplon, eszopiclone, triazolam, zopiclone, flurazepam, zolpidem, oxazepam, estazolam, diphenhydramine, ..
- The use of sedative/hypnotic medication and its correlation with falling down in the hospitalW B Mendelson
Sleep Research Laboratory, University of Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Sleep 19:698-701. 1996..Orally administered benzodiazepines that were significantly associated with falls included temazepam, alprazolam, diazepam, and lorazepam, but not triazolam, chlordiazepoxide, or chlorazepate...
- Prevalence and disposition of drugs of abuse and opioid treatment drugs in oral fluidEdward J Cone
Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Anal Toxicol 31:424-33. 2007..Multiple combinations of diazepam, nordiazepam, oxazepam, temazepam, chlordiazepoxide, and lorazepam were reported for the Benzodiazepine Group...
- Sleep maintenance insomnia: strengths and weaknesses of current pharmacologic therapiesRussell P Rosenberg
Northside Hospital Sleep Medicine Institute, Atlanta, GA, USA
Ann Clin Psychiatry 18:49-56. 2006..When insomnia is recognized, considerable emphasis has been placed on improving sleep onset; however, there is growing evidence that improving sleep maintenance is an equally important treatment goal...
- Can improving sleep influence sleep-disordered breathing?Frederic Series
Centre de Pneumologie Institut Universitaire de Cardiologie et de Pneumologie de Québec, Quebec, Canada
Drugs 69:77-91. 2009..The benzodiazepines flurazepam, temazepam and nitrazepam, the hypnotic zolpidem, the melatonin receptor agonist ramelteon and gamma-hydroxybutyrate have ..
- Simultaneous analysis of 14 benzodiazepines in oral fluid by solid-phase extraction and LC-MS-MSGeorge Ngwa
Chemistry, Lehigh University, 6 E Packer Ave, Seeley G Mudd Building, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania 18015, USA
J Anal Toxicol 31:369-76. 2007..The target compounds include diazepam, oxazepam, temazepam, nordiazepam, lorazepam, chlordiazepoxide, alprazolam, alpha-hydroxyalprazolam, desalkylflurazepam, ..
- Residual effects of hypnotics: epidemiology and clinical implicationsAnnemiek Vermeeren
Experimental Psychopharmacology Unit, Brain and Behaviour Institute, Faculty of Psychology, Maastricht University, Universiteitssingel 40, PO Box 616, ER 6229 Maastricht, The Netherlands
CNS Drugs 18:297-328. 2004..of residual effects of 11 hypnotics (flunitrazepam, flurazepam, loprazolam, lormetazepam, midazolam, nitrazepam, temazepam, triazolam, zaleplon, zolpidem and zopiclone) was derived from expert ratings, a meta-analysis and actual ..
- Measurement of benzodiazepines in urine by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry: confirmation of samples screened by immunoassaySarah J Glover
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, Britannia House, Morley, Leeds LS27 0DQ, UK
Ann Clin Biochem 47:111-7. 2010....
- An evaluation of the diagnostic accuracy of liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry versus immunoassay drug testing in pain patientsAmadeo Pesce
Millennium Laboratories Research Institute, San Diego, CA 92127, USA
Pain Physician 13:273-81. 2010..Because clinical use of pain medications is different from illicit drug use, there is a need to evaluate the level of diagnostic accuracy of this procedure for the pain patient...
- Exposure to potentially inappropriate drugs and drug-drug interactions in elderly nursing home residents in Helsinki, Finland: a cross-sectional studyHelka M V Hosia-Randell
Research and Development Unit for Medical Education, Faculty of Medicine, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Drugs Aging 25:683-92. 2008....
- Metabolism of diazepam and related benzodiazepines by human liver microsomesW D Hooper
Department of Medicine, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Eur J Drug Metab Pharmacokinet 17:51-9. 1992..Formation of temazepam gave a curved profile over the same range of diazepam concentrations, suggestive of a sigmoidal relationship...
- Hepatotrophic activity of benzodiazepine drugs in adult rats of either sexL L Gershbein
Biochemical Laboratories, John F Kennedy Health Care Corporation, Chicago, Illinois 60634
Res Commun Mol Pathol Pharmacol 85:83-104. 1994..activity was higher with lorazepam, loprazolam, oxazepam and chlordiazepoxide; intermediate with nitrazepam, temazepam, quazepam, halazepam and triazepam and lower with diazepam, clorazepate dipotassium, clobazam and alprazolam...
- Quantitation of benzodiazepines in whole blood by electron impact-gas chromatography-mass spectrometryNicholas B Tiscione
Palm Beach County Sheriff s Office, 3228 Gun Club Road, West Palm Beach, Florida 33406, USA
J Anal Toxicol 32:644-52. 2008..and common use in the United States and include diazepam, desalkylflurazepam, nordiazepam, midazolam, oxazepam, temazepam, lorazepam, clonazepam, and alprazolam (relative elution order). The linear range (r2 > 0...
- A rapid CZE method for the analysis of benzodiazepines in spiked beveragesRebecca Webb
Centre for Forensic Science, Department of Chemistry, Materials and Forensic Science, University of Technology, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Electrophoresis 28:3553-65. 2007..determination of nine benzodiazepines in spiked beverages (nitrazepam oxazepam, alprazolam, flunitrazepam, temazepam, diazepam, 7-aminoflunitrazepam, 7-aminonitrazepam and 7-aminoclonazepam)...
- Comparison of molecularly imprinted solid-phase extraction (MISPE) with classical solid-phase extraction (SPE) for the detection of benzodiazepines in post-mortem hair samplesRobert A Anderson
Forensic Medicine and Science, University of Glasgow, Joseph Black Building, University Place, Glasgow G12 8QQ, Scotland
Forensic Sci Int 174:40-6. 2008..Both extraction methods detected diazepam, nordiazepam, oxazepam, temazepam and nitrazepam in the samples...
- Stability of benzodiazepines and cocaine in blood spots stored on filter paperAbdulkareem A Alfazil
Forensic Medicine and Science, Faculty of Medicine, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ, United Kingdom
J Anal Toxicol 32:511-5. 2008..The drugs selected included flunitrazepam, temazepam, oxazepam, lorazepam, nitrazepam, diazepam, and cocaine...
- Development of a nurse-led sedation service for paediatric magnetic resonance imagingM R Sury
Department of Anaesthesia, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Trust, London, UK
Lancet 353:1667-71. 1999..We have therefore developed a nurse-led sedation service in a designated unit next to the scanner. This study assessed the safety and efficacy of this approach...
- Melatonin and zopiclone: the relationship between sleep propensity and body temperatureAlexandra L Holmes
Centre for Sleep Research, University of South Australia, Woodville
Sleep 25:301-6. 2002The sleep promoting effects of the sedative-hypnotics, melatonin and temazepam, have been associated with a decline in core body temperature (Tc)...
- Achiral and chiral separations using MEKC, polyelectrolyte multilayer coatings, and mixed mode separation techniques with molecular micellesCandace A Luces
Department of Chemistry, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA, USA
Electrophoresis 31:1036-43. 2010..In the case of chiral separations, temazepam, aminoglutethimide, benzoin, benzoin methyl ether, and coumachlor were separated using the three separation ..
- Interaction of alcohol and drugs in fatal poisoningsAnna Koski
Laboratory of Toxicology, Department of Forensic Medicine, FIN 00014, University of Helsinki, Finland
Hum Exp Toxicol 22:281-7. 2003..When levomepromazine, temazepam or zopiclone were present, the median BAC was also significantly lower, 2.5-2.7 percent per thousand...
- [Determination of diazepam and its metabolites in serum by the use of liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry method]Snezana Dordević
Vojnomedicinska akademija, Nacionalni centar za kontrolu trovanja, Odeljenje za toksikolosku hemiju, Beograd, Srbija
Vojnosanit Pregl 64:659-62. 2007..of diazepam takes place in liver which generates pharmacologically active metabolites N-desmethyldiazepam, temazepam and oxazepam...
- High level benzodiazepine and ammonia clearance by flat membrane bioreactors with porcine liver cellsA Bader
Leibniz Institute for Biotechnology and Artificial Organs, Division of Thoracic and Cardio Surgery, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Podbielskistr 380, D 30659, Hannover, Germany
J Biotechnol 81:95-105. 2000..Typical diazepam metabolites including temazepam, N-desmethyl-diazepam and oxazepam were generated...
- Liquid chromatography/quadrupole ion trap/time-of-flight determination of the efficacy of drug test kits for rapid screening of foodJessica B Zuckschwerdt
Commonwealth of Virginia, Division of Consolidated Laboratory Services, Richmond, Virginia 23219, USA
J Food Prot 71:1007-14. 2008..2-ethylidene-1,5-dimethyl-3,3-diphenylpyrrolidine, imipramine, doxepin, nitrazepam, diazepam, oxazepam, temazepam, alprazolam, flunitrazepam, clonazepam, and lorazepam...
- Kinetics of sequential metabolism. II. Formation and metabolism of nordiazepam and oxazepam from diazepam in the perfused murine liverM V St-Pierre
Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Toronto, Canada
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 265:1437-45. 1993..The concomitant C3-hydroxylation of DZ to temazepam, which can also be N-demethylated to form OZ, was minimal...
- Enzyme-assisted synthesis and structural characterization of pure benzodiazepine glucuronide epimersT Pallmann
Institute of Legal Medicine, University Hospital of Cologne, Melatengürtel 60 62, D 50823 Cologne, Germany
Eur J Pharm Sci 39:233-40. 2010The three hydroxybenzodiazepines oxazepam, temazepam, and lorazepam used for their anxiolytic, sedative, and anticonvulsant properties are metabolized by glucuronidation, which is the predominant pathway in the clearance mechanism of ..
- Xenobiotic induction of P-450 PB-4 (IIB1) and P-450c (IA1) and associated monooxygenase activities in primary cultures of adult rat hepatocytesH O Jauregui
Department of Pathology and Oncology, Rhode Island Hospital, Providence
Xenobiotica 21:1091-106. 1991..in isolated liver microsomes) and in cultured cells (up to 100% and 400% increases in the formation of temazepam and nordiazepam, respectively, after 25 days in culture)...
- Determination of diazepam and its metabolites in human urine by liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometry using a hydrophilic polymer columnHironobu Umezawa
Department of Legal Medicine, Showa University School of Medicine, 1 5 8 Hatanodai, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo 142 8555, Japan
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 22:2333-41. 2008Diazepam and its major metabolites, nordazepam, temazepam and oxazepam, in human urine samples, were analyzed by liquid chromatography (LC)/tandem mass spectrometry (MS/MS) using a hydrophilic polymer column (MSpak GF-310 4B), which ..
- Free drug metabolic clearance in elderly peopleJennifer M Butler
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Christchurch Hospital, Christchurch, New Zealand
Clin Pharmacokinet 47:297-321. 2008..There is some indirect evidence for reduced clearance of the highly protein-bound drugs oxaprozin, temazepam, lorazepam, diazepam, phenytoin and warfarin, although studies measuring free concentrations are lacking...
- Tolerability of hypnosedatives in older patientsUdo Wortelboer
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Sleep Research Center, Georg August University of Gottingen, Von Siebold Strasse 5, 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Drugs Aging 19:529-39. 2002..For some substances (e.g. zolpidem, zopiclone, zaleplon, temazepam and triazolam) the recommended dosage is half that recommended for younger patients...
- Simultaneous determination and quantification of 12 benzodiazepines in serum or whole blood using UPLC/MS/MSJosh Gunn
AIT Laboratories, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Methods Mol Biol 603:107-19. 2010..Analytes included alprazolam, temazepam, oxazepam, nordiazepam, clonazepam, lorazepam, diazepam, chlordiazepoxide, midazolam, flunitrazepam, 7-..
- Effects of co-medicated drugs on cyclophosphamide bioactivation in human liver microsomesMilly E de Jonge
Department of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute Slotervaart Hospital, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Anticancer Drugs 16:331-6. 2005..for aciclovir, carboplatin, ciprofloxacine, granisetron, mesna, metoclopramide, ranitidine, roxitromycin and temazepam. Inhibition was observed for amphotericin B, dexamethasone, fluconazole, itraconazole, lorazepam, ondansetron ..
- Long-term effects of and physiological responses to nitrous oxide gas treatment during alcohol withdrawal: a double-blind, placebo-controlled trialHannu Alho
National Public Health Institute, Department of Mental Health and Alcohol Research, Helsinki, Finland
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 26:1816-22. 2002..Clinical Institute Withdrawal Assessment of Alcohol scores or in the total use of benzodiazepines (diazepam and temazepam)...
- Role of cDNA-expressed human cytochromes P450 in the metabolism of diazepamT J Yang
Department of Pharmacology, F Edward Herbert School of Medicine, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 55:889-96. 1998The metabolic conversion of diazepam (DZ) to temazepam (TMZ, a C3-hydroxylation product of DZ) and N-desmethyldiazepam (NDZ, an N1-demethylation product of DZ) was studied using cDNA-expressed human cytochrome P450 (CYP) isozymes 1A2, ..
- The evaluation of the applicability of a high pH mobile phase in ultrahigh performance liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry analysis of benzodiazepines and benzodiazepine-like hypnotics in urine and bloodRuth Verplaetse
Laboratory of Toxicology, KULeuven, Campus Gasthuisberg O and N 2, PO Box 922, Herestraat 49, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
J Chromatogr A 1249:147-54. 2012..N-desmethylflunitrazepam, nitrazepam, N-methylclonazepam (internal standard), nordiazepam, oxazepam, prazepam, temazepam, tetrazepam, triazolam, zaleplon, zolpidem, zopiclone) in urine and whole blood...
- Clinical urinalysis of drugs and alcohol in instances of suspected surreptitious administration ("spiked drinks")Simon P Elliott
Regional Laboratory for Toxicology, Sandwell and West Birmingham Hospitals NHS Trust, City Hospital, Dudley Road, Birmingham, B18 7QH, UK
Sci Justice 45:129-34. 2005..by amphetamines (amphetamine, MDMA, MDA, MDEA--11% of cases), cannabinoids (9% of cases), benzodiazepines (temazepam, nordiazepam, oxazepam--9% of cases), cocaine (4% of cases), opiates (dihydrocodeine, codeine--2% of cases), ..
- Investigation of drugs of abuse and relevant metabolites in Dutch sewage water by liquid chromatography coupled to high resolution mass spectrometryLubertus Bijlsma
Research Institute for Pesticides and Water, University Jaume I, Avda Sos Baynat s n, E 12071 Castellon, Spain
Chemosphere 89:1399-406. 2012..were amphetamine, benzoylecgonine, cocaine and THCCOOH together with the pharmaceuticals codeine, oxazepam and temazepam. Established week trends in consumption of drugs showed distinct differences between individual drugs...
- BEHAVIORAL AND PHARMACOLOGICAL TREATMENT FOR INSOMNIACharles Morin; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- ABUSE LIABILITY OF COMMONLY PRESCRIBED HYPNOTICSCRAIG RUSH; Fiscal Year: 1999..hypnotics, like triazolam, have a greater abuse liability than low-potency benzodiazepine hypnotics, like temazepam and flurazepam. Novel compounds like zolpidem may also have less abuse liability...
- SLEEPINESS AND THE REINFORCING EFFECT OF METHYLPHENIDATETimothy Roehrs; Fiscal Year: 2002..And finally during year five the interaction of behavioral demand placed on subjects and different levels of sleepiness-alertness will be the focus. ..
- NEUROBIOLOGY OF HEMISPHERIC SPECIALIZATION IN PRIMATESWilliam Hopkins; Fiscal Year: 2007..The overall studies will contribute to our understanding of factors that influence individual and species differences in the expression of hemispheric specialization. ..
- ABUSE LIABILITY OF BENZODIAZEPINES AND CAFFEINEROLAND GRIFFITHS; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Insomnia as a Path to Alcohol AbuseTimothy Roehrs; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Abuse Liability Associated with Chronic Hypnotic UseTimothy Roehrs; Fiscal Year: 2008....