Genomes and Genes
Summary: A derivative of benzodiazepine that acts on the cholecystokinin A (CCKA) receptor to antagonize CCK-8's (SINCALIDE) physiological and behavioral effects, such as pancreatic stimulation and inhibition of feeding.
Publications150 found, 100 shown here
- Devazepide fails to reverse the inhibitory effect of interleukin-1beta on food intake in female ratsPeter C Butera
Department of Psychology, Niagara University, P O Box 2208, Niagara, NY 14109 2208, USA
Physiol Behav 82:777-83. 2004..The present experiment examined the ability of the CCK(A) receptor antagonist devazepide to block the effects of IL-1 and estradiol on food intake in female rats...
- Devazepide, a nonpeptide antagonist of CCK receptors, induces apoptosis and inhibits Ewing tumor growthJaime Carrillo
Laboratorio de Genética y Patología Molecular de Tumores Sólidos Infantiles, Departamento de Biología Molecular y Celular del Cáncer, Instituto de Investigaciones Biomédicas A Sols CSIC UAM, Madrid 28029, Spain
Anticancer Drugs 20:527-33. 2009..Here, we analyzed the impact of two CCK receptor antagonists, devazepide (a CCK1-R antagonist) and L365 260 (a CCK2-R antagonist), on the growth of Ewing tumor cells...
- Different role of cholecystokinin (CCK)-A and CCK-B receptors in relapse to morphine dependence in ratsL Lu
National Laboratory of Medical Neurobiology, Shanghai Medical University, 200032, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
Behav Brain Res 120:105-10. 2001..These findings suggest that CCK-B receptor antagonists might be of some value in the treatment and prevention of relapse to drug dependence long after detoxification...
- Reactivation of cocaine conditioned place preference induced by stress is reversed by cholecystokinin-B receptors antagonist in ratsLin Lu
Kailuan Mental Health Center, Tangshan 063001, China
Brain Res 954:132-40. 2002The effects of different cholecystokinin (CCK) receptor antagonists (devazepide and L365,260) on cocaine or stress-induced reactivation of cocaine conditioned place preference (CPP) were investigated in rats...
- Stimulation of rat pancreatic exocrine secretion by cocaine- and amphetamine-regulated transcript peptideR A Cowles
Department of Surgery, University of Michigan, 2920B Taubman Center, 1500 East Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-0331, USA
Regul Pept 99:61-8. 2001..CART peptide likely acts upon either peripheral or central regulators of pancreatic secretory function that are distant from the acinar unit...
- Effects of peripheral CCK receptor blockade on feeding responses to duodenal nutrient infusions in ratsRoger D Reidelberger
Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68105, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 284:R389-98. 2003..Fasted rats with open gastric fistulas received devazepide (1 mg/kg iv) or A-70104 (700 nmol. kg(-1). h(-1) iv) and either a 30-min intravenous infusion of CCK-8 (10 nmol...
- Postprandial neuronal activation in the nucleus of the solitary tract is partly mediated by CCK-A receptorsJ Glatzle
University Hospital, Department of General and Transplantation Surgery, , , Germany
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 281:R222-9. 2001..Taken together with the results of the food intake studies, this suggests that activation of CCK-A receptors is involved in the postprandial activation of NTS neurons and in the regulation of food intake...
- Abdominal vagal mediation of the satiety effects of CCK in ratsRoger D Reidelberger
Department of Veterans Affairs Nebraska Western Iowa Health Care System, and Department of Biomedical Sciences, Creighton University, Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 286:R1005-12. 2004..b>Devazepide penetrates the blood-brain barrier; A-70104, the dicyclohexylammonium salt of N alpha-3-quinolinoyl-D-Glu-N,N-..
- Role of cholecystokinin in the gastric motor response to a meal in horsesMireia Lorenzo-Figueras
Island Whirl Equine Colic Research Laboratory, Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610 0136, USA
Am J Vet Res 67:1998-2005. 2006....
- Increased circulating cholecystokinin contributes to anorexia and anxiety behavior in mice overexpressing pancreatic polypeptideNaohiko Ueno
Department of Internal Medicine, Kobe Seaside Hospital, 1 1 28 Isogami dori, Chuo Ku, Kobe, 651 0084, Japan
Regul Pept 141:8-11. 2007..These results indicated that elevated CCK may contribute to anorexic and anxious phenotype of PP overexpressing mice...
- Pharmacological effects of oxytocin on gastric emptying and intestinal transit of a non-nutritive liquid meal in female ratsChiu Lung Wu
Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, National Yang Ming University, Shih Pai, Taipei 11221, Taiwan, Republic of China
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 367:406-13. 2003..The selective CCK(1) receptor antagonists, devazepide and lorglumide, effectively attenuated the OT-induced inhibition of gastric emptying and gastrointestinal ..
- Increased short-term food satiation and sensitivity to cholecystokinin in neurotrophin-4 knock-in miceMichael M Chi
Department of Psychological Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 287:R1044-53. 2004..Moreover, devazepide prevented this suppression, indicating this increased sensitivity was mediated by CCK-1 receptors...
- Effects of peripheral CCK receptor blockade on food intake in ratsRoger D Reidelberger
Department of Veterans Affairs, Nebraska Western Iowa Health Care System, Omaha 68105, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 285:R429-37. 2003..At dark onset, non-food-deprived rats received a bolus injection of devazepide (2...
- Molecular cloning of an unusual bicistronic cholecystokinin receptor mRNA expressed in chicken brain: a structural and functional expression studyIsabelle B M Nilsson
Strategic Development LMO, Molecular Biology Laboratory, University Hospital, Linköping S 581 85, Sweden
Regul Pept 114:37-43. 2003..agonists (CCK-8, CCK-4, gastrin-17), whereas CCK-CHR showed higher affinity for the CCK-A receptor antagonist, devazepide, than for the CCK-B receptor antagonist, L-365,260...
- Increased food intake and CCK receptor antagonists: beyond abdominal vagal afferentsRobert C Ritter
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 286:R991-3. 2004
- Apolipoprotein A-IV stimulates duodenal vagal afferent activity to inhibit gastric motility via a CCK1 pathwayJ Glatzle
Department of Anatomy, Physiology, and Cell Biology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis 95616, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 287:R354-9. 2004..was significantly reduced by 77 and 55%, respectively, in rats treated with the CCK(1) receptor blocker devazepide or after functional vagal deafferentation by perineural capsaicin treatment...
- Vagal afferent responses to fatty acids of different chain length in the ratS Lal
Department of Gastro-Intestinal Sciences, Hope Hospital, Salford M6 8HD, United Kingdom
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 281:G907-15. 2001..The effect of oleate was abolished by the CCK-A receptor antagonist Devazepide (0...
- Soybean beta-conglycinin peptone suppresses food intake and gastric emptying by increasing plasma cholecystokinin levels in ratsTakashi Nishi
Northern Advancement Center for Science and Technology, Colabo Hokkaido, Sapporo 001 0021, Japan
J Nutr 133:352-7. 2003..The suppression of food intake by beta-conglycinin peptone was abolished by an intravenous injection of devazepide, a selective peripheral CCK receptor antagonist...
- The soybean beta-conglycinin beta 51-63 fragment suppresses appetite by stimulating cholecystokinin release in ratsTakashi Nishi
Northern Advancement Center for Science and Technology, Colabo Hokkaido, Sapporo 001 0021, Japan
J Nutr 133:2537-42. 2003..These results indicate that the beta-conglycinin beta 51-63 fragment is the bioactive appetite suppressant in beta-conglycinin, and multiple arginine residues in the fragment may be involved in this effect...
- Intermolecular interactions between peptidic and nonpeptidic agonists and the third extracellular loop of the cholecystokinin 1 receptorCraig Giragossian
Department of Chemistry, Division of Biology and Medicine, Brown University, Providence, RI 02912, USA
J Med Chem 46:3476-82. 2003..The proposed binding modes of GI5269 and GI0122 are supported by the structure-activity relationship of analogues and mutagenesis data for the CCK(1)-R selective antagonist L-364,718...
- L-364,718, a cholecystokinin-A receptor antagonist, suppresses feeding-induced sleep in ratsA Shemyakin
Department of Biological Sciences, Fordham University, Bronx, New York 10458, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 280:R1420-6. 2001..These results suggest that endogenous CCK, acting on CCK-A receptors, may play a key role in eliciting postprandial sleep...
- Mediators of glucagon-like peptide 2-induced blood flow: responses in different vascular sitesMustafa Deniz
Marmara University School of Medicine, Department of Physiology, 34668 Haydarpasa, Istanbul, Turkey
Regul Pept 142:7-15. 2007..Our results also suggest that the stimulatory effect of GLP-2 on SMA blood flow is NO-dependent and mediated via intrinsic, non-cholinergic enteric neurons...
- Effects of peripheral CCK receptor blockade on gastric emptying in ratsRoger D Reidelberger
Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Omaha 68105, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 284:R66-75. 2003Type A CCK receptor (CCKAR) antagonists differing in blood-brain barrier permeability [devazepide penetrates; the dicyclohexylammonium salt of Nalpha-3-quinolinoyl-d-Glu-N,N-dipentylamide (A-70104) does not] were used to test the ..
- PEGylated cholecystokinin prolongs satiation in rats: dose dependency and receptor involvementI Verbaeys
Interdisciplinary Research Center, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Kortrijk, Belgium
Br J Pharmacol 152:396-403. 2007..The present study assessed the dose-dependency of this response and the effect of two selective CCK(1) receptor antagonists, with different abilities to cross the blood-brain barrier (BBB), on PEG-CCK(9)-induced anorexia...
- Involvement of cholecystokinin receptor in the inhibition of gastrointestinal motility by estradiol in ovariectomized ratsC L Wu
Dept of Physiology, School of Medicine, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Scand J Gastroenterol 37:1133-9. 2002..The effects of estradiol benzoate (EB) on gastric emptying, gastrointestinal transit and plasma levels of cholecystokinin (CCK) were studied in ovariectomized rats...
- Alteration of CCK-induced satiety in post-Nippostrongylus brasiliensis-infected ratsJerome Gay
Neuro Gastroenterology and Nutrition Unit, Institut National de la Recherche, Agronomique, 180 chemin de Tournefeuille, BP 3, 31931 Toulouse Cedex, France
Brain Behav Immun 17:35-42. 2003..Thus, in our experimental conditions, i.e., within 30-50 days post-N. brasiliensis infection, we observed an enhancement of the anorectic effect of exogenous CCK involving mast cell degranulation and histamine...
- Intestinal transit of fat depends on accelerating effect of cholecystokinin and slowing effect of an opioid pathwayHenry C Lin
Department of Medicine, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, CSMC Burns and Allen Research Institute, Los Angeles, California 90048, USA
Dig Dis Sci 47:2217-21. 2002..1 mg/kg devazepide (a peripheral CCK-A-receptor antagonist) administered intraluminally and intravenously, respectively...
- Distinct receptors for cholecystokinin and gastrin on canine fundic D-cellsJ Delvalle
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor 48109
Am J Physiol 264:G811-5. 1993..These studies delineate the presence of distinct CCK-A and CCK-B/gastrin receptors on canine fundic D-cells.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Characterization of the receptors and mechanisms involved in the cardiovascular actions of sCCK-8 in the pithed ratA J Gaw
Peptic Ulceration Group, Pharmacology I, Glaxo Research and Development Ltd, Ware, Herts
Br J Pharmacol 115:660-4. 1995..the pressor response and bradycardia elicited by sCCK-8 were reduced by the selective CCKA receptor antagonists, devazepide (0.5-50 nmol kg-1) and lorglumide (1-7 mumol kg-1)...
- Dietary peptides induce satiety via cholecystokinin-A and peripheral opioid receptors in ratsJelena Pupovac
Department of Nutritional Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada M5S 3E2
J Nutr 132:2775-80. 2002..The CCK-A receptor antagonist, devazepide (which reverses protein-induced food intake suppression), when given at 0.25 mg/kg, i.p...
- Endogenous CCK depresses contractile activity within the ascending myenteric reflex pathway of rat ileumM Storr
Department of Internal Medicine II, Technical University of Munich, Ismaningerstrasse 22, 81675 Munich, Germany
Neuropharmacology 44:524-32. 2003..1%), devazepide (10(-8) M: +19.4%; 10(-7) M: +30.0%) and SR-27897 (10(-10) M: +21.8%, 10(-8) M: +47.0%, P<0.05, n=8)...
- Autocrine stimulation of growth of AR4-2J rat pancreatic tumour cells by gastrinM Blackmore
Gastrointestinal Drug Delivery Research Centre, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Medical School, UK
Br J Cancer 66:32-8. 1992..6 x 10(-5) M) and the CCK-A receptor antagonist devazepide (1...
- Cholecystokinin-8S-induced intracellular calcium signaling in acutely isolated periaqueductal gray neurons of the ratYu Mi Yang
Biomedical Research Center, Korea Institute of Science and Technology KIST, Seoul, Korea
Biol Pharm Bull 30:297-302. 2007..The evidence presented here expands our understanding of cellular mechanisms for CCK-mediated anti-analgesic and anxiogenic actions in the PAG...
- Pharmacological characterization of a Chinese hamster ovary cell line transfected with the human CCK-B receptor geneJ Dunlop
Biochemistry Laboratory, Wyeth Research UK Ltd, Taplow, Maidenhead
Neuropeptides 30:359-63. 1996..CCK-8S > CI988 > PD 135158 > pentagastrin > CCK-8NS > L-365,260 > CCK-4 > LY 288513 > devazepide > A71378 > lorglumide) was found to be in excellent agreement with CCK-B receptor pharmacology described ..
- Cholecystokinin-induced anxiety in rats: relevance of pre-experimental stress and seasonal variationsS Koks
Department of Physiology, University of Tartu, Estonia, Männistö
J Psychiatry Neurosci 25:33-42. 2000..Differences in the anxiety levels of rats in summer and winter, and the role of CCK in these behavioural alterations, were also examined...
- Endogenous oxytocin excites phasic contraction of gallbladder in rabbits through oxytocin receptorChuan Yong Liu
Institute of Physiology, Medical School of Shandong University, Jinan, Shandong, PR China
Chin J Physiol 46:95-101. 2003..We suggest that endogenous OT regulates gallbladder phasic contraction through specific OT receptor. This effect is independent of the peripheral CCK and M receptors...
- Endogenous cholecystokinin reduces food intake and increases Fos-like immunoreactivity in the dorsal vagal complex but not in the myenteric plexus by CCK1 receptor in the adult ratCherese N Sullivan
Department of Biomedical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Tuskegee University, Tuskegee, AL 36088, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 292:R1071-80. 2007..Similar to CCK-8, devazepide, a specific CCK(1) receptor antagonist, and not L365,260, a specific CCK(2) receptor antagonist, attenuated the ..
- The effect of CCKB/gastrin antagonists on stimulated gastric acid secretion in the anaesthetized ratN J Hayward
Parke Davis Neuroscience Research Centre, Addenbrookes Hospital Site, Cambridge
Br J Pharmacol 104:973-7. 1991..5. The selective CCKA antagonist, devazepide, was inactive at up to 300 mumol kg-1 i.p. against the three stimulants of acid secretion. 6...
- A further analysis of the contraction induced by activation of cholecystokinin A receptors in guinea pig isolated ileum longitudinal muscle-myenteric plexusM Corsi
Glaxo Research Laboratories, Verona, Italy
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 270:734-40. 1994..The selective CCK-A antagonist L-364,718 (Devazepide) antagonized both types of contraction with a pKB of 10.10 and 9.95, respectively...
- An enteric signal regulates putative gastrointestinal presympathetic vasomotor neurons in ratsDaniela M Sartor
Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics Unit, Department of Medicine, University of Melbourne, Austin Health, Heidelberg, Victoria 3084, Australia
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 290:R625-33. 2006..Alternatively, animals were pretreated with the CCK1 receptor antagonists devazepide and lorglumide or the 5-HT3 antagonist MDL-72222 before SO-SBTI administration...
- Involvement of apolipoprotein A-IV and cholecystokinin1 receptors in exogenous peptide YY3 36-induced stimulation of intestinal feedbackK L Whited
Department of Anatomy, Physiology, and Cell Biology, University of California Davis, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Endocrinology 148:4695-703. 2007..inhibited gastric emptying of a chow meal in wild-type but not A-IV(-/-) mice andCCK(1)R receptor blockade with devazepide (10 microg/100 g), abolished PYY(3-36)-induced inhibition of gastric emptying...
- Secretion of pancreatic digestive enzymes induced in rats by first-time oral exposure to kidney bean E2L2 lectin is mediated only in part by cholecystokinin (CCK)G Grant
Rowett Research Institute, Bucksburn, Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
Pancreas 19:382-9. 1999..Additional mechanisms or hormones, such as secretin, may play a role in modulating later exocrine pancreas responses to PHA...
- Mechanisms mediating CCK-8S-induced contraction of proximal colon in guinea pigsJie Zhu
Department of Gastroenterology, Renmin Hospital and Research Center of Structural Biology, Wuhan University, Wuhan 430060, Hubei Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 16:1076-85. 2010..To investigate the effects of sulfated cholecystokinin octapeptide (CCK-8S) on the contractile activity of guinea-pig proximal colon...
- Apelin stimulation of duodenal bicarbonate secretion: feeding-dependent and mediated via apelin-induced release of enteric cholecystokininG Flemstrom
Department of Neuroscience, Uppsala University, Sweden
Acta Physiol (Oxf) 201:141-50. 2011..We have investigated the effects of apelin peptides on duodenal bicarbonate secretion in vivo and the release of cholecystokinin (CCK) from acutely isolated mucosal cells and the neuroendocrine cell line STC-1...
- Influence of cholecystitis state on pharmacological response to cholecystokinin of isolated human gallbladder with gallstonesMaría A Martínez-Cuesta
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Valencia, Valencia, Spain
Dig Dis Sci 48:898-905. 2003....
- [The effects of cholecystokinin octapeptide on PKC activity in rat cerebral cortex neurocytes]Peng Xiang
Lab of Hormone receptor, Department of Biochemistry, West China School of Predinical and Forensic Medicine, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Hua Xi Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 33:72-4, 120. 2002..To investigate the effects of CCK8 on protein kinase C activity in rat cerebral cortex...
- Z-360, a novel therapeutic agent for pancreatic cancer, prevents up-regulation of ephrin B1 gene expression and phosphorylation of NR2B via suppression of interleukin-1 β production in a cancer-induced pain model in miceYuki Orikawa
Central Research Laboratories, Zeria Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, 2512 1 Numagami, Oshikiri, Kumagaya shi, Saitama, Japan
Mol Pain 6:72. 2010....
- A potential gastrointestinal link between enhanced postnatal maternal care and reduced anxiety-like behavior in adolescent ratsBrittany C Weber
Department of Neuroscience, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15260, USA
Behav Neurosci 123:1178-84. 2009..e., devazepide)...
- Cholecystokinin reduces ethanol consumption in golden hamstersDavid Dibattista
Brock University, Department of Psychology, St Catharines, Ontario, Canada L2S 3A1
Alcohol 29:173-81. 2003..Findings are consistent with the notion that endogenous CCK plays a key role in the short-term control of ethanol intake in hamsters...
- The subfornical organ: a novel site of action of cholecystokininAl Shaimaa F Ahmed
Hotchkiss Brain Institute, Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada and
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 306:R363-73. 2014..SFO neurons in vivo to CCK (16 μg/kg ip), in the presence and absence of CCK₁ or CCK₂ receptor antagonists (devazepide; 600 μg/kg and L-365,260; 100 μg/kg, respectively), using the functional activation markers c-Fos and ..
- Anorexia induction by the trichothecene deoxynivalenol (vomitoxin) is mediated by the release of the gut satiety hormone peptide YYBrenna M Flannery
Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI, USA
Toxicol Sci 130:289-97. 2012..Food intake experiments using the NPY2 receptor antagonist BIIE0246 and the CCK1A receptor antagonist devazepide, individually, suggested that PYY mediated DON-induced anorexia but CCK did not...
- Duodenal PKC-δ and cholecystokinin signaling axis regulates glucose productionDanna M Breen
Toronto General Research Institute, University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Diabetes 60:3148-53. 2011..We here evaluate whether activation of duodenal mucosal PKC-δ lies upstream (and/or downstream) of CCK signaling to lower glucose production...
- Ileal interposition attenuates the satiety responses evoked by cholecystokinin-8 and -33Shannon A Metcalf
Gastroenterology Laboratory, Department of Biomedical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Tuskegee University, Tuskegee, AL 36088, USA
Peptides 32:1296-302. 2011..Reduction of cumulative food intake by CCK-8 in II rats was blocked by devazepide, a CCK(1) receptor antagonist...
- Effect of protein source in diets fed during gestation and lactation on food intake regulation in male offspring of Wistar ratsAlireza Jahan-Mihan
Dept of Nutritional Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, 150 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 300:R1175-84. 2011..4% higher, respectively, in offspring of dams fed the S diet. Altered FI regulation was shown by failure of devazepide (a CCK-A receptor blocker) to block FI reduction after protein preloads in offspring of S diet-fed dams, whereas ..
- Lipid-enriched enteral nutrition controls the inflammatory response in murine Gram-negative sepsisTim Lubbers
Department of Surgery, NUTRIM School for Nutrition, Toxicology and Metabolism, Maastricht University Medical Centre, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Crit Care Med 38:1996-2002. 2010..The current study investigates whether nutritional stimulation of the autonomic nervous system effectively attenuates the inflammatory response in murine Gram-negative sepsis...
- Control of somatostatin (SS) secretion by CCK-1 and CCK-2 receptors' occupation in RIN-14B cells, a rat pancreatic islet cell lineKarim El-Kouhen
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Medicine, Universite de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
Pancreas 39:127-34. 2010..This study evaluated the role played by cholecystokinin (CCK) receptors' occupation in the control of somatostatin (SS) secretion in RIN-14B cells...
- Activation of cholecystokinin (CCK 1) and serotonin (5-HT 3) receptors increases the discharge of pancreatic vagal afferentsBashair M Mussa
University of Melbourne, Department of Medicine, Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics Unit, Austin Health, Heidelberg 3084, Victoria, Australia
Eur J Pharmacol 601:198-206. 2008..Cholecystokinin CCK(1) receptor antagonists, lorglumide (10 mg/kg, i.v.) and devazepide (0.5 mg/kg, i.v...
- Disruption of seasonality in growth hormone-transgenic coho salmon (Oncorhynchus kisutch) and the role of cholecystokinin in seasonal feeding behaviorMare Lõhmus
Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Centre for Aquaculture and Environmental Research, 4160 Marine Drive, West Vancouver, V7V 1N6, BC Canada
Horm Behav 54:506-13. 2008..GH-transgenic coho salmon; second, to determine the behavioural effect of blocking the action of CCK (by using devazepide) on the seasonal food intake; and third, to measure CCK expression in brain and gut tissues between the two ..
- Activation of submucosal but not myenteric plexus of the gastrointestinal tract accompanies reduction of food intake by camostatShannon J Raboin
Gastroenterology Laboratory, Department of Biomedical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Tuskegee University, Tuskegee, Alabama, United States
Regul Pept 150:73-80. 2008..Camostat also increased Fos-LI in the DVC. Experiment 2: Pretreatment with devazepide, a specific CCK(1) receptor antagonist abolished camostat-induced Fos-LI in the submucosal plexus and the DVC...
- Cross-interactions of two p38 mitogen-activated protein (MAP) kinase inhibitors and two cholecystokinin (CCK) receptor antagonists with the CCK1 receptor and p38 MAP kinaseCaroline Morel
Laboratoire des Aminoacides, Peptides, et Protéines, CNRS Unite Mixte de Recherche 5810, UMI et UMII, UFR Pharmacie, 15, Avenue Charles Flahault, 34093 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
J Biol Chem 280:21384-93. 2005..They open the way to potential design of either a new family of MAP kinase inhibitors from CCK1 receptor ligand structures or new CCK1 receptor ligands based on p38 MAP kinase inhibitor structures...
- Exogeneous and endogenous CCK inhibit ethanol ingestion in Sardinian alcohol-preferring ratsNori Geary
Department of Psychiatry, E W Bourne Behavioral Research Laboratory, New York Presbyterian Hospital, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, White Plains 10605, USA
Peptides 25:1185-94. 2004..intake despite simultaneously reducing blood ethanol levels (BALs); and (5) antagonism of CCK1 receptors with devazepide increased ethanol intake, indicating that endogenous CCK normally limits the size of bouts of ethanol ingestion...
- Cholecystokinin and prostaglandins inhibit responses of vagal afferent activity to systemic administration of nicotine in anesthetized ratsMieko Kurosawa
Center for Medical Science, International University of Health and Welfare, 2600 1 Kitakanemaru, Otawara, Tochigi 324 8501, Japan
Neurosci Lett 362:213-5. 2004..These results suggest that nicotine can exert its anorexic effect via an increase in gastric vagal afferent activity which is caused by enhanced release of both cholecystokinin and prostaglandins...
- Cholecystokinin blockade alters the systemic immune response in rats with acute pancreatitisAna Maria de la Mano
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain
Int J Exp Pathol 85:75-84. 2004..However, at the point of maximal injury, the inflammatory response became pronounced, largely due to the role played by activated T lymphocytes...
- Structure-activity function for binding and signaling in CHO-K1 and COS-7 cells expressing the cholecystokinin A receptorYasuhiro Tsunoda
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 314:861-9. 2004..Three-dimensional modeling showed that the CCK-A receptor (CCK-AR) antagonist devazepide penetrated into the transmembrane (TM) domains, whereas CCK was placed on the surface of the CCK-AR...
- Inhibitory effect of the lectin wheat germ agglutinin on the binding of 125I-CCK-8s to the CCK-A and -B receptors of AR42J cellsIngo Damm
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Rostock, Rostock, Germany
Pancreas 28:31-7. 2004..The pancreatic CCK receptors are highly glycosylated membrane proteins that are able to bind plant lectins such as wheat germ agglutinin (WGA) and Ulex europaeus agglutinin (UEA-I)...
- Serotonin and cholecystokinin mediate nutrient-induced segmentation in guinea pig small intestineMelina Ellis
Department of Physiology, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 304:G749-61. 2013..antagonists granisetron (5-HT(3), 1 μM) and SB-207266 (5-HT(4), 10 nM) and the CCK receptor antagonists devazepide (CCK-1, 300 nM) and L-365260 (CCK-2, 300 nM), but these antagonists did not further depress segmentation when ..
- Mitogenic effect of gastrin and expression of gastrin receptors in duct-like cells of rat pancreasI Rooman
Cell Differentiation Unit, Diabetes Research Center, Free University Brussel, Brussels, Belgium
Gastroenterology 121:940-9. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: Duct-like pancreatic epithelial cells in vitro and ductal complexes in vivo express gastrin/CCK-B receptors and proliferate in response to gastrin...
- The effect of centrally administered CCK-receptor antagonists on food intake in ratsE S Corp
Department of Psychiatry, Cornell University Medical College, The New York Hospital Cornell Medical Center, White Plains 10605, USA
Physiol Behav 61:823-7. 1997..Two selective CCK(A)-receptor antagonists, lorglumide and devazepide, did not increase intake significantly when given alone, and they did not attenuate the effect of peripherally ..
- Central administration of Tyr-MIF-1 stimulates gastrointestinal motility in rats: evidence for the involvement of dopamine, sigma and CCK receptorsM Million
Department of Pharmacology, INRA BP3, Toulouse
Neuropeptides 26:77-85. 1994..Domperidone, (+)SCH 23390, devazepide, PK 11-195 and flumazenil did not have effect on the action of Tyr-MIF-1...
- Deficits in E2-dependent control of feeding, weight gain, and cholecystokinin satiation in ER-alpha null miceN Geary
Bourne Behavioral Research Laboratory, Department of Psychiatry, New York Presbyterian Hospital Weill Medical College of Cornell University, White Plains, New York 10605, USA
Endocrinology 142:4751-7. 2001..on feeding in rats, the influence of ip injections of 250 microg of the selective CCK(A) receptor antagonist devazepide was then tested...
- The behavioural properties of CI-988, a selective cholecystokininB receptor antagonistL Singh
Parke Davis Neuroscience Research Centre, Addenbrookes Hospital Site, Cambridge
Br J Pharmacol 104:239-45. 1991..In contrast, the selective CCKA receptor antagonist, devazepide, was inactive...
- Luminal dietary protein, not amino acids, induces pancreatic protease via CCK in pancreaticobiliary-diverted ratsH Hara
Division of Applied Bioscience, Graduate School of Agriculture, Hokkaido University, Sapporo 060 8589, Japan
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 278:G937-45. 2000..These pancreatic changes by the diets were abolished by treatment with devazepide, a CCK-A receptor antagonist...
- Acute taurodeoxycholate-induced pancreatitis in the rat is associated with hyperCCKemiaB Ohlsson
Department of Surgery, University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Int J Pancreatol 27:195-201. 2000..In the present study we measured plasma CCK concentrations in acute experimental pancreatitis (AEP) in the rat, and evaluated the role of circulating CCK levels on the initial pancreatic damage in pancreatitis...
- Involvement of CCK in the paraventricular nucleus of the hypothalamus in the CNS regulation of colonic motilityH Monnikes
Department of Internal Medicine, Philipps University of Marburg, Germany
Digestion 62:178-84. 2000..The data suggest, that endogenous CCK in the paraventricular nucleus of the hypothalamus unfolds a stimulatory effect on colonic transit through action on CCK-B receptors...
- Small synthetic ligands of the cholecystokinin-B/gastrin receptor can mimic the function of endogenous peptide hormonesM Beinborn
Division of Gastroenterology, New England Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
Yale J Biol Med 71:337-46. 1998..These dual properties of synthetic molecules must be considered when evaluating candidate drugs for human disease...
- Role of cholecystokinin in the intestinal fat- and acid-induced inhibition of gastric secretionS J Konturek
Institute of Physiology, Academy of Medicine, Krakow, Poland
Regul Pept 42:97-109. 1992..We conclude that CCK released by intestinal peptone meal, containing fat or acid, exerts a tonic inhibitory influence on gastric acid secretion and gastrin release through the CCK-A receptors...
- Functional comparisons of gastrin/cholecystokinin receptors in isolated preparations of gastric mucosa and ileumM Patel
Department of Gastrointestinal Pharmacology, Glaxo Group Research Ltd, Ware, Hertfordshire
Br J Pharmacol 106:275-82. 1992..plexus (GPI) have been characterized by use of peptide agonists and the non-peptide antagonists, lorglumide, devazepide and L-365,260. 2...
- Involvement of cholecystokinin receptor in the inhibition of gastric emptying by oxytocin in male ratsChiu Lung Wu
Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, National Yang Ming University, Taipei 11221, Taiwan, Republic of China
Pflugers Arch 445:187-93. 2002..However, administration of atosiban alone had no effect on gastric emptying. Devazepide (3 mg x kg(-1)), a selective CCKA receptor antagonist, effectively attenuated the OT-induced inhibition of ..
- Endogenous CCK in the control of gastric emptying of glucose and maltoseT H Moran
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Peptides 18:547-50. 1997..Intragastric administration of a dose range (10-100 micrograms/kg) of the CCKA receptor antagonist devazepide produced a dose dependent acceleration of the emptying of 100 ml 300 mOsm test meals of glucose and maltose but ..
- Serotonin receptor blockade increases food intake and body weight after total gastrectomy in ratsTilman T Zittel
University Hospital, Department of General and Transplantation Surgery, University of Tubingen, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
J Surg Res 106:273-81. 2002..Serotonin inhibits food intake, and postprandial serotonin release is increased after total gastrectomy. Serotonin might contribute to early satiety and loss of body weight after total gastrectomy...
- Total gastrectomy severely alters the central regulation of food intake in ratsTilman T Zittel
University Hospital, Department of General and Transplantation Surgery, University of Tubingen, Germany
Ann Surg 236:166-76. 2002..To investigate the central regulation of food intake by quantifying neuron activation of the nucleus of the solitary tract (NTS) after injection of cholecystokinin (CCK) or food intake in gastrectomized rats...
- Inhibition of gastric emptying by bombesin-like peptides is dependent upon cholecystokinin-A receptor activationE E Ladenheim
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Regul Pept 84:101-6. 1999..peptides is mediated by a CCK-dependent mechanism, we examined the ability of the CCK-A receptor antagonist, devazepide, to block the inhibition of saline gastric emptying produced by BN, GRP18-27 and NMB...
- Biological effects of newly synthesized cholecystokinin analogsE J Verspohl
Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Munster, Germany
Horm Res 53:177-84. 2000..The data indicate that some of the newly synthesized CCK tetrapeptides exhibit a high affinity for the CCK receptor of beta-cells and have an insulinotropic effect much higher than CCK(4)...
- CCK-8 activates hepatic vagal C-fiber afferentsJ E Cox
Department of Psychology, University of Alabama at Birmingham 35294, USA
Brain Res 776:189-94. 1997..v. administration of 200 micrograms/kg of the CCKA receptor antagonist devazepide. Control comparisons indicated that this reduction was not an artifact of tachyphylaxis resulting from repeated ..
- Duodenal lipid sensing activates vagal afferents to regulate non-shivering brown fat thermogenesis in ratsClemence Blouet
Department of Medicine, Diabetes Research Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York, USA
PLoS ONE 7:e51898. 2012..Systemic administration of the CCKA receptor antagonist devazepide blocked the ability of duodenal lipids to increase brown fat thermogenesis...
- Oral administration of omega-7 palmitoleic acid induces satiety and the release of appetite-related hormones in male ratsZhi Hong Yang
Central Research Laboratory, Nippon Suisan Kaisha, Ltd, 32 3 Nanakuni 1 Chome Hachioji, Tokyo 192 0991, Japan
Appetite 65:1-7. 2013..The suppression of food intake by palmitoleic acid was attenuated by intravenous injection of devazepide, a selective peripheral CCK receptor antagonist...
- Synthesis of new 1,3,4-benzotriazepin-5-one derivatives and their biological evaluation as antitumor agentsAzza T Taher
Department of Organic Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Cairo University, P O Box 11562, Cairo, Egypt
Arch Pharm Res 36:684-93. 2013..of 1,3,4-benzotriazepin-5-one were designed and synthesized as structural analogues to the antitumor agents devazepide and asperlicin...
- Behavioral and cortical EEG evaluations confirm the roles of both CCKA and CCKB receptors in mouse CCK-induced anxietyHeng Li
Department of Developmental Disorders, National Institute of Mental Health, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry, 4 1 1 Ogawa Higashi, Kodaira, Tokyo 187 8553, Japan
Behav Brain Res 237:325-32. 2013..The effects of CCK(A) and CCK(B) receptor antagonists (devazepide and CI-988, respectively) were examined using mouse anxiety tests (elevated-plus maze and light-dark box) and ..
- Fluorescence polarization screening for allosteric small molecule ligands of the cholecystokinin receptorKaleeckal G Harikumar
Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
Assay Drug Dev Technol 9:394-402. 2011..The biological, pharmacological, and fluorescence properties of this reagent are described, and proof-of-concept is provided in a fluorescence polarization assay utilizing this fluorescent benzodiazepine ligand...
- Effects of CCK-receptor antagonists on CCK-stimulated pepsinogen secretion and calcium increase in isolated guinea pig gastric chief cellsC Sakamoto
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Kobe University School of Medicine, Japan
Dig Dis Sci 35:873-8. 1990..These results suggest that L-364,718 and CR1409 act as CCK-receptor antagonists, but dbcGMP has another inhibitory effect on pepsinogen secretion in addition to the effect as a CCK-receptor antagonist in guinea pig gastric chief cells...
- Pituitary adenylate cyclase activating polypeptide stimulates gallbladder motility in conscious dogsA Mizumoto
Second Department of Surgery, Shiga University of Medical Science, Japan
Regul Pept 42:39-50. 1992..It was concluded that PACAP27 and PACAP38 stimulate gallbladder motility in conscious dogs through a preganglionic cholinergic mechanism...
- PEGylated cholecystokinin is more potent in inducing anorexia than conditioned taste aversion in ratsI Verbaeys
Interdisciplinary Research Center, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Campus Kortrijk, Kortrijk, Belgium
Br J Pharmacol 155:417-23. 2008..In this study, we investigated the ability of different doses of PEG-CCK9 to induce conditioned taste aversion (CTA) and satiety and identified the receptors involved in CTA induction...
- Involvement of cholecystokinin receptor in the inhibition of gastrointestinal motility by oxytocin in ovariectomized ratsChiu Lung Wu
Department of Basic Medical Science, Hung Kuang University, Taiwan, ROC
Eur J Pharmacol 580:407-15. 2008..The selective CCK1 receptor antagonists, devazepide and lorglumide, effectively attenuated the oxytocin-induced inhibition of gastric emptying and gastrointestinal ..
- Urocortins and cholecystokinin-8 act synergistically to increase satiation in lean but not obese mice: involvement of corticotropin-releasing factor receptor-2 pathwayG Gourcerol
Center for Neurovisceral Sciences and Women s Health, VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, 11301 Wilshire Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90073, USA
Endocrinology 148:6115-23. 2007..intragastric artery injection of urocortin 2 after CCK at a subthreshold dose, and the response was reversed by devazepide. These data establish a peripheral synergistic interaction between CCK and urocortin 1 or urocortin 2 to ..
- Peripherally administered calcitonin gene-related peptide decreases food intake in miceJ E Morley
Geriatric Research, Education and Clinical Center, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, St Louis, MO 63106, USA
Peptides 17:511-6. 1996..The effect of CGRP on food intake was not antagonized by the cholecystokinin A receptor antagonist, L364,718. These studies suggest a role for CGRP as a satiating factor...
- Synergistic interactions between human transfected adenosine A1 receptors and endogenous cholecystokinin receptors in CHO cellsJ M Dickenson
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Medical School, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham, UK
Eur J Pharmacol 302:141-51. 1996....
- Intestinal nutrients elicit satiation through concomitant activation of CCK(1) and 5-HT(3) receptorsDavid M Savastano
Department of Nutritional Sciences, College of Health and Human Development, The Pennsylvania State University, 126 South Henderson, University Park, PA 16802, United States
Physiol Behav 92:434-42. 2007..Combined administration of 1 mg/kg ondansetron (Ond) and 1 mg/kg devazepide (Dev) reversed 132 mM Polycose-induced suppression to the level of control intake and significantly attenuated ..
- The cholecystokinin receptor antagonist L-364,718 reduces taurocholate-induced pancreatitis in ratsK H Kim
Department of Pharmacology, Yonsei University, College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Int J Pancreatol 20:205-11. 1996....
- CCK is involved in both peripheral and central mechanisms controlling food intake in chickensA Rodriguez-Sinovas
Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, Veterinary Faculty, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Bellaterra, Spain
Am J Physiol 272:R334-40. 1997..Finally, three different speculations that might explain the fact that intraperitoneal L-365,260 increases food intake are discussed...
- Effects of atropine on pancreatic response to bethanechol, cholecystokinin, and food intake in ratsM F O'rourke
Department of Physiology, University of Missouri Medical School, Columbia 65211
Am J Physiol 261:G735-41. 1991....
- The seventh transmembrane domain of gastrin/CCK receptors contributes to non-peptide antagonist bindingT Mantamadiotis
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Victoria, Australia
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 201:1382-9. 1994..Furthermore, the affinity of the chimaera for gastrin is essentially the same as the gastrin/CCK-B receptor, indicating that the six different amino acids probably do not contribute to peptide agonist binding...
- CHOLECYSTOKININ MECHANISMS IN CONTROL OF FOOD INTAKEROGER REIDELBERGER; Fiscal Year: 2001..Recent studies demonstrating that devazepide, a CCK-A receptor antagonist that penetrates the blood/brain barrier, stimulates feeding in a variety of species ..
- MECHANISMS UNDERLYING MATERNAL CALMING AND ANALGESIAELLIOTT BLASS; Fiscal Year: 1993..They will also reveal potential lasting effects of these influences beyond their proximal effects. They will provide a basis for evaluating normal development and that of infants from abnormal populations (drug addiction, for example)...
- IL-lB and Meal Patterns: Ovarian Hormones and CCKPETER BUTERA; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- CONTROL OF ALCOHOL INTAKE BY BRAIN-GUT PEPTIDESNORCROSS GEARY; Fiscal Year: 2003..The work will be closely coordinated, and we expect this cooperative effort to be very productive. ..
- Novel direct vago-vagal recording of i.v. ghrelin actionDavid Adelson; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- OVARIAN HORMONAL CONTROL OF MEAL SIZENORCROSS GEARY; Fiscal Year: 2008..8) Determine the tonic and phasic effects of estradiol on glutamate synaptogenesis in the brainstem by using immunocytochemical detection of synaptic proteins. [unreadable] [unreadable]..