Summary: One of the HISTAMINE H1 ANTAGONISTS with little sedative action. It is used in treatment of hay fever, rhinitis, allergic dermatoses, and pruritus.
- Pre-treatment of anaphylaxis, does it really work?A Derbent
Eur J Anaesthesiol 22:955-6. 2005
- Simultaneous determination of pseudoephdrine, pheniramine, guaifenisin, pyrilamine, chlorpheniramine and dextromethorphan in cough and cold medicines by high performance liquid chromatographyM R Louhaichi
Laboratoire National de Contrôle des Médicaments, 11 bis Rue Jebel Lakhdar Bab Saadoun, 1006 Tunis, Tunisie
Talanta 78:991-7. 2009..chromatographic method has been developed and validated for the simultaneous determination of pseudoephdrine, pheniramine, guaifenisin, pyrilamine, chlorpheniramine and dextromethorphan in cough and cold pharmaceuticals...
- Extra- and intracellular formation of reactive oxygen species by human neutrophils in the presence of pheniramine, chlorpheniramine and brompheniramineViera Jancinova
Institute of Experimental Pharmacology, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Bratislava, Slovakia
Neuro Endocrinol Lett 27:141-3. 2006..Separate analysis of extra- and intracellular activity of antioxidative drugs is thus of particular importance...
- Antiradical effects of antihistamines in human blood. Structure-activity relationshipV Jancinova
Institute of Experimental Pharmacology, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Bratislava, Slovak Republic
Inflamm Res 55:S85-6. 2006
- A comparison of the clinical efficacy of pheniramine maleate/naphazoline hydrochloride ophthalmic solution and olopatadine hydrochloride ophthalmic solution in the conjunctival allergen challenge modelJack V Greiner
Schepens Eye Research Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Clin Ther 27:568-77. 2005..Two treatment options currently indicated for acute ocular allergic reaction are pheniramine maleate 0.3%/naphazoline hydrochloride 0...
- Life-threatening facial edema due to pine caterpillar mimicking an allergic eventA Inal
Cukurova University Faculty of Medicine, Division of Pediatric Allergy and Immunology, Adana, Turkey
Allergol Immunopathol (Madr) 34:171-3. 2006..We report a pediatric case of severe orofacial edema mimicking an allergic reaction after ingestion of a pine processionary caterpillar; urgent airway intubation was required...
- Inhibition of histamine-induced human conjunctival epithelial cell responses by ocular allergy drugsJ M Yanni
Ophthalmic Products Research, Alcon Laboratories Inc, Fort Worth, Tex 76134 2099, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 117:643-7. 1999..To evaluate the effects of topical ocular drugs with histamine H1-antagonist activity on histamine-stimulated phosphatidylinositol turnover and interleukin (IL) 6 and IL-8 secretion from human conjunctival epithelial cells...
- Conjunctival allergen challenge: models in the investigation of ocular allergyMark B Abelson
Ophthalmic Research Associates, 863 Turnpike Street, North Andover, MA 01845, USA
Curr Allergy Asthma Rep 3:363-8. 2003Recently, the number of agents to treat ocular allergy has increased dramatically, from three (pheniramine, antazoline, cromolyn) to more than a dozen...
- Acute renal failure caused by pheniramine maleate induced rhabdomyolysis: An unusual caseG Paul
Critical Care Team, Dyanand Medical College and Hospital, Ludhiana, India
Indian J Crit Care Med 13:221-3. 2009..We report a case of a suicide attempt in a young male, where ingestion of antihistamine pheniramine maleate was complicated by nontraumatic rhabdomyolysis and oliguric acute renal failure...
- Chemical profile of counterfeit buprenorphine vials seized in Tehran, IranKambiz Soltaninejad
Forensic Sci Int 172:e4-5. 2007..high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) demonstrates the presence of diacetylmorphine, acetylcodeine and pheniramine, as well as the absence of buprenorphine...
- Development of a validated capillary electrophoresis method for enantiomeric purity testing of dexchlorpheniramine maleateAnn Van Eeckhaut
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Drug Analysis, Pharmaceutical Institute, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium
J Chromatogr A 958:291-7. 2002..The assay was validated for linearity (2-10 microg/ml; R2 = 0.9992), selectivity [(RS)-pheniramine maleate and (RS)-brompheniramine maleate], limit of detection (0.25 microg/ml), limit of quantification (0...
- Mycobacterium massiliense outbreak after intramuscular injection, South KoreaH J Kim
Department of Preventive Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Epidemiol Infect 140:1880-7. 2012..e. injection with pheniramine [adjusted odds ratios (aOR) 5·93, 95% confidence interval (CI) 2·97-11·87] and ribostamycin (aOR 47·95, 95% ..
- Dilute brimonidine to improve patient comfort and subconjunctival hemorrhage after LASIKTheodore A Pasquali
Durrie Vision, Overland Park, KS 66211, USA
J Refract Surg 29:469-75. 2013..To investigate whether dilute brimonidine (0.025%) reduces patient discomfort, subconjunctival hemorrhage, and injection after LASIK without a significant increase in the rate of flap complications or surgical enhancements...
- Assessment of protective effects of pheniramine maleate on reperfusion injury in lung after distant organ ischemia: a rat modelOrhan Gokalp
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Izmir Katip Celebi University, Izmir, Turkey
Vasc Endovascular Surg 47:219-24. 2013The aim of this study is to investigate the protective effects of methylprednisolone (MP) and pheniramine maleate (PM) on reperfusion injury of lungs developing after ischemia of the left lower extremity of rats.
- A four arm, double blind, randomized and placebo controlled study of pregabalin in the management of post-burn pruritusRajeev B Ahuja
Department of Burns, Plastic, Maxillofacial and Microvascular Surgery, Lok Nayak Hospital and Associated Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi 110 002, India
Burns 39:24-9. 2013..The four arms were: pregabalin, cetirizine with pheniramine maleate, combination of pregabalin, cetirizine and pheniramine maleate, and placebo (vit. B comp.)...
- Effect of pheniramine maleate on reperfusion injury in brain tissueIsmail Yurekli
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Izmir Ataturk Education and Research Hospital, Izmir, Turkey
Med Sci Monit Basic Res 19:285-90. 2013..investigate the protective effects of methylprednisolone (Pn), which is a potent anti-inflammatory agent, and pheniramine maleate (Ph), which is an antihistaminic with some anti-inflammatory effects, on reperfusion injury in brain ..
- Blood-brain barrier in vitro models as tools in drug discovery: assessment of the transport ranking of antihistaminic drugsW Neuhaus
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, University of Vienna, Austria
Pharmazie 67:432-9. 2012..Subsequent drug transport studies with the first generation antihistamines promethazine, diphenhydramine and pheniramine and the second generation antihistamines astemizole, ceterizine, fexofenadine and loratadine were accomplished ..
- Chromatographic analysis of phenethylamine-antihistamine combinations using C8, C18 or cyano columns and micellar sodium dodecyl sulfate-pentanol mixturesM Gil-Agusti
Area de Quimica Analitica, Universitat Jaume I 12080 Castelló, Spain
Analyst 126:457-64. 2001..phenylephrine, phenylpropanolamine, ephedrine, pseudoephedrine and methoxyphenamine) and antihistamines (pheniramine, carbinoxamine, doxylamine, chlorpheniramine, dexchlorpheniramine, dexbrompheniramine, diphenhydramine, ..
- C7a, a biphosphinic cyclopalladated compound, efficiently controls the development of a patient-derived xenograft model of adult T cell leukemia/lymphomaAna B Guimaraes-Correa
Unidade de Oncologia Experimental, Departamento de Microbiologia, Imunologia e Parasitologia, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo UNIFESP EPM, São Paulo 04023 062, Brazil
Viruses 3:1041-58. 2011..C7a inhibited more than 60% of the ex vivo spontaneous proliferation of PBMC from HTLV-1-infected individuals. These results support a potential therapeutic role for C7a in both ATLL and HTLV-1-negative T-cell lymphomas...
- Uniformly sized molecularly imprinted polymers for d-chlorpheniramine: influence of a porogen on their morphology and enantioselectivityJun Haginaka
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Mukogawa Women s University, 11 68, Koshien Kyuban cho, Nishinomiya, Hyogo 663 8179, Japan
J Pharm Biomed Anal 46:877-81. 2008..a result, they showed the similar retentive and enantioselective properties for chlorpheniramine, brompheniramine and pheniramine. This result suggests the presence of enantioselective binding sites in the swollen state for all the MIPs.
- Enantioselective analysis of pheniramine in urine by charged CD-mediated CZE provided with a fiber-based DAD and an on-line sample pretreatment by capillary ITPJozef Marák
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Natural Sciences, Comenius University, Bratislava, Slovak Republic
Electrophoresis 28:2738-47. 2007..with capillary ITP and DAD to the identification and determination of trace concentration levels (microg/L) of pheniramine (PHM) enantiomers and their metabolites present in complex ionic matrices of biological origin (urine) are ..
- First-generation H1 antihistamines found in pilot fatalities of civil aviation accidents, 1990-2005Ahmet Sen
Department of Aerospace Medicine, Gulhane Military Medical Academy, Eskisehir, Turkey
Aviat Space Environ Med 78:514-22. 2007..Such side effects could impair performance and, thus, could be the cause or a factor in accidents. Therefore, the prevalence of these antagonists was evaluated in aviation accident pilot fatalities...
- Intraoperative anaphylaxis with a complicated pulmonary hydatid cystAnjolie Chhabra
Paediatr Anaesth 17:195-7. 2007
- A presentation of longstanding toxoplasmosis chorioretinitisBrian R Hall
Woodhull Medical and Mental Health Center Eye Clinic, New York, New York 11206, USA
Optometry 80:23-8. 2009..Toxoplasmosis gondii is the most common cause of focal necrotizing retinitis in healthy individuals. This case report describes a presentation of toxoplasmosis chorioretintis and reviews the current management options...
- Goat ureter - an alternative model for measuring ureteral peristalsisKarpate Smita
Department of Pharmacology, Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Science, Sewagram, India
J Smooth Muscle Res 42:117-30. 2006..512 microM and 13.024 microM, but was blocked completely by 10.4 microM of pheniramine (P>0.05). The reflex was not blocked by the H2 blocker ranitidine (P<0.001)...
- Biological and biochemical properties of Scatophagus argus venomGisha Sivan
Department of Marine Biology, Cochin University of Science and Technology, Microbiology and Biochemistry, Foreshore Road, Kochi 682006, Kerala, India
Toxicon 50:563-71. 2007..The injection of venom in mice produced lesions and nociception, which were not inhibited by antihistamine pheniramine maleate, suggesting that histamine was not involved in the inflammatory process...
- Possibilities of column coupling electrophoresis provided with a fiber-based diode array detection in enantioselective analysis of drugs in pharmaceutical and clinical samplesPeter Mikus
Department of Pharmaceutical Analysis and Nuclear Pharmacy, Faculty of Pharmacy, Comenius University, Odbojarov 10, Bratislava, Slovak Republic
J Chromatogr A 1179:9-16. 2008..ionizable chiral selector and diode array detection (DAD) for the enantioselective analysis of trace drugs (pheniramine and its analogs) in pharmaceutical and clinical samples...
- Chiral separation of alkylamine antihistamines in pharmaceuticals by capillary isotachophoresis with charged cyclodextrinPeter Kubacák
Department of Pharmaceutical Analysis and Nuclear Pharmacy, Faculty of Pharmacy, Comenius University, Odbojárov, Slovak Republic
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 33:1199-204. 2007..separation was developed for the separation and quantitation of alkylamine antihistamine dimethindene (DIM) and pheniramine (PHM) enantiomers in various pharmaceutical preparations (capsules, oral drops, gel, granulated powder)...
- Artificial neural network combined with principal component analysis for resolution of complex pharmaceutical formulationsGiuseppina Ioele
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Calabria, Rende, Italy
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 59:35-40. 2011..for the multicomponent determination of caffeine (CAF), mepyramine (MEP), phenylpropanolamine (PPA) and pheniramine (PNA) in their pharmaceutical preparations without any chemical separation...
- Telephone management of severe wasp stings in rural Nepal: a case reportTshering Lama
Room H005, School of Health, Community and Education Studies, Northumbria University, Coach Lane Campus East, Newcastle upon Tyne NE7 7XA, UK
J Telemed Telecare 17:105-8. 2011..This case illustrates the potential for telephone-delivered rural care and management in emergency situations...
- Modulation of in vivo immunoglobulin production by endogenous histamine and H1R and H2R agonists and antagonistsTrivendra Tripathi
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College and Hospital, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh 202002, India
Pharmacol Rep 62:917-25. 2010..i.d.), H1R agonist (HTMT, 10 μg/kg x b.i.d.), H2R agonist (amthamine, 10 μg/kg x b.i.d.), H1R antagonist (pheniramine, 10 mg/kg x b.i.d.) or H2R antagonist (ranitidine, 10 mg/kg x b.i.d.)...
- Preparation and evaluation of orodispersible tablets of pheniramine maleate by effervescent methodP V Swamy
Department of Pharmaceutics, H K E Society s College of Pharmacy, Sedam Road, Gulbarga 585 105, India
Indian J Pharm Sci 71:151-4. 2009In the present work, orodispersible tablets of pheniramine maleate were designed with a view to enhance patient compliance by effervescent method...
- H1-antihistamines and oxidative burst of professional phagocytesRadomir Nosal
Institute of Experimental Pharmacology and Toxicology, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Bratislava, Slovakia
Neuro Endocrinol Lett 30:133-6. 2009..We analysed and compared the effect of five H1-antihistamines on stimulated oxidative burst at extra- and intracellular level of isolated and stimulated human polymorphonuclear leukocytes...
- Pouch colon associated with anorectal malformations fails to show spontaneous contractions but responds to acetylcholine and histamine in vitroPreeti Tyagi
Department of Physiology, Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi 221005, UP, India
J Pediatr Surg 44:2156-62. 2009..The present article deals with the contractile study and histopathologic observations in CPC, which may be useful for better surgical management...
- Antihistamine pretreatment to reduce incidence of withdrawal movement after rocuronium injectionHo Jun Lee
Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, Guro Hospital, Korea University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 24:879-82. 2009..5 mg) pheniramine maleate. After the administration of thiopental sodium 5 mg/kg, rocuronium 0.6 mg/kg was injected...
- Halogenation effects of pheniramines on the complexation with beta-cyclodextrinLi Fen Wang
Department of Applied Chemistry and Material Science, Fooyin University, Kaohsiung 831, Taiwan, ROC
J Pharm Biomed Anal 50:392-6. 2009This study investigated the inclusion complexes of beta-cyclodextrin with pheniramine and its halogenated derivatives chlorpheniramine and brompheniramine both experimentally and theoretically to characterize the effects of a halogenated ..
- Comparison of chiral separation of basic drugs in capillary electrophoresis and liquid chromatography using neutral and negatively charged cyclodextrinsArkadiusz Kwaterczak
Institute of Physical Chemistry PAS, Kasprzaka 44 52, 01 224 Warsaw, Poland
Anal Chim Acta 645:98-104. 2009..The enantiomeric separation of basic chiral pharmaceuticals such as pheniramine, brompheniramine, metoxyphenamine, cyclopentolate, doxylamine and ketamine was investigated in capillary ..
- A study of the functional aberration of the pouch in anorectal malformation associated with congenital pouch colonA N Gangopadhyay
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, U P India
Colorectal Dis 12:226-31. 2010..There is no consensus regarding the utilization of the CPC in repair of anorectal malformation. In view of the above, it was decided to carry out detailed in vitro physiological study of the excised CPC...
- The lollipop with strawberry aroma may be promising in reduction of infusion-related nausea and vomiting during the infusion of cryopreserved peripheral blood stem cellsEvren Ozdemir
Hacettepe University Institute of Oncology, Stem Cell Transplantation Unit, Ankara, Turkey
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 14:1425-8. 2008..Before infusion, all patients were premedicated with pheniramine maleate 45.5 mg i.v. and paracetamol 500 mg orally...
- [Toxic epidermal necrolysis following dorzolamide eyedrops]V M Asensio-Sánchez
An Med Interna 25:47-8. 2008
- Evaluation of a new premedication protocol for administration of equine rabies immunoglobulin in patients with hypersensitivityM K Sudarshan
Principal and Professor of Community Medicine, Community Medicine, Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore
Indian J Public Health 51:91-6. 2007..The present study was undertaken to standardize skin testing and to develop a safe and effective premedication protocol for administration of ERIG in those with skin test positivity/hypersensitivity...
- Analyzing somatosensory axon projections with the sensory neuron-specific Advillin geneHiroshi Hasegawa
Department of Cell Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Neurosci 27:14404-14. 2007..Functionally, we found that the regenerative axon growth of Advillin-null sensory neurons is significantly shortened and that deletion of Advillin reduces the plasticity of whisker-related barrelettes patterns in the hindbrain...
- Spinal anesthesia with diphenhydramine and pheniramine in ratsChing Hsia Hung
Institute and Department of Physical Therapy, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan
Eur J Pharmacol 673:20-4. 2011The aim of this study was to evaluate the local anesthetic effects of pheniramine and diphenhydramine, two histamine H₁ receptor antagonists, on spinal anesthesia and their comparison with lidocaine, a commonly used local anesthetic...
- A case of pheniramine dependenceOmer Saatcioglu
Bakirkoy Research Hospital for Psychiatric and Neurological Diseases, Istanbul, Turkey
Subst Abus 26:45-7. 2005..The withdrawal signs may become after using drugs such as L-histidine, histamine-N-methyl, promethazine, pheniramine, astemizole, etc...
- Enantioselective determination of pheniramine in pharmaceuticals by capillary electrophoresis with charged cyclodextrinPeter Mikus
Department of Pharmaceutical Analysis and Nuclear Pharmacy, Faculty of Pharmacy, Comenius University, Odbojarov 10, SK 83232 Bratislava, Slovak Republic
J Pharm Biomed Anal 38:442-8. 2005..CZE) in hydrodynamically closed separation system was developed for the separation and quantitation of pheniramine (PHM) enantiomers...
- Auditory evoked potentials in young patients with Down syndrome. Event-related potentials (P3) and histaminergic systemR Seidl
Department of Pediatrics, University Hospital Vienna, Austria
Brain Res Cogn Brain Res 5:301-9. 1997..ERPs were recorded from 12 healthy adults (aged 20-28 years) before and after antihistaminergic intervention (pheniramine) compared to placebo...
- Alkylamine antihistamine toxicity and review of Pediatric Toxicology Registry of the National Association of Medical Examiners. Report 4: AlkylaminesM I Jumbelic
Onondaga County Medical Examiner s Office, Syracuse, New York 13202, USA
Am J Forensic Med Pathol 18:65-9. 1997..4 mg/L and greater in children is indicative of brompheniramine poisoning. However, pheniramine was also present in the blood in the same case and may have caused an additive effect...
- The role of histamine H1-receptors in the anticonvulsive effect of morphine against maximal electroconvulsive shock in miceC H Karadag
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Trakya University, Edirne, Turkey
Jpn J Pharmacol 71:109-12. 1996..1 mg/kg, i.p.) promethazine (0.4 mg/kg, i.p.) and pheniramine (30 mg/kg, i.p.), and naloxone (10 mg/kg, i.p...
- Regulation of vascular permeability by macrophage-derived chemotactic factor produced in Japanese encephalitisN Khanna
Postgraduate Department of Microbiology, K G s Medical College, Lucknow, India
Immunol Cell Biol 72:200-4. 1994....
- [Synthesis and combined H1-/H2 antagonist activity of mepyramine, pheniramine and cyclizine derivatives with cyanoguanidine, urea and nitroethenediamine partial structures]F R Schulze
Institut fur Pharmazie, Freie Universitat Berlin
Arch Pharm (Weinheim) 327:455-62. 1994..Nevertheless substances with a pheniramine like partial structure proved to be potent histamine H2-receptor antagonists at the atrium model (about 27 ..
- Pheniramine--a much abused drugN A Buckley
Department of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, Newcastle Mater Misericordiae Hospital, Waratah, NSW
Med J Aust 160:188-92. 1994To assess the relative clinical toxicity of pheniramine compared with other antihistamines taken in overdose and its relative use for self-poisoning.
- Mydriatic effect of ocular decongestants studied by pupillographyC Gelmi
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Pavia, Italy
Ophthalmologica 208:243-6. 1994..3% chlorpheniramine maleate, and 0.05% tetrahydrozoline hydrochloride in combination with 0.3% pheniramine maleate, respectively, was evaluated in 10 healthy volunteers...
- A double-blind controlled clinical trial to assess the role of anti-histamines in the treatment of multi-bacillary leprosyA Thomas
Central Leprosy Teaching and Research Institute, Chengalpattu
Indian J Lepr 60:499-505. 1988..were randomly allocated to a regimen of clofazimine and dapsone for 12 months with or without a supplement of pheniramine maleate for the first 3 months...
- Synthesis and in vitro pharmacology of arpromidine and related phenyl(pyridylalkyl)guanidines, a potential new class of positive inotropic drugsA Buschauer
Institute of Pharmacy, Freie Universitat Berlin, Federal Republic of Germany
J Med Chem 32:1963-70. 1989..yl)methyl]thio]ethyl]guanidine) by more lipophilic H2-nonspecific pheniramine-like structures resulted in potent H2 agonists with up to 160 times the activity of histamine in the isolated, ..
- [Sudden infant death--fatal poisoning with pheniramine]S Ogbuihi
Institut fur Rechtsmedizin, Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat, Bundesrepublik Deutschland
Z Rechtsmed 103:221-5. 1990A case of unintentional fatal intoxication of a 10 month-old baby with the anti-histamine Pheniramine (Avil) is reported...
- Solubilization of salicylamide and acetaminophen by antihistamines in aqueous solutionS P Shah
Searle Research and Development, Stokie, IL 60077
J Pharm Sci 79:889-92. 1990The effect of self-association of the antihistaminic drugs pheniramine, chlorpheniramine, and brompheniramine as their maleate salts on the solubilization of salicylamide and acetaminophen in aqueous solution has been investigated...
- Therapeutic value of H2-receptor stimulation in congestive heart failure. Hemodynamic effects of BU-E-76, BU-E-75 and arpromidine (BU-E-50) in comparison to impromidineS B Felix
I Medical Clinic, Division Cardiology and Circulation, Technical University of Munich, FRG
Agents Actions Suppl 33:257-69. 1991..BU-E-75 and BU-E-76, all guanidine-type H2-agonists with additional H1-antagonistic properties due to a pheniramine like moiety...
- Role of histaminergic mechanisms in the regulation of some stress responses in ratsS Puri
Department of Pharmacology, University College of Medical Sciences, Delhi, India
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 39:847-50. 1991..alpha-FMH also appreciably reduced gastric mucosal HA content. The H1-antagonist, pheniramine (25 mg/kg), attenuated both the gastric mucosal and endocrine response to CRS, while the effects of the H2-..
- Breakdown of the blood-brain barrier during dengue virus infection of miceU C Chaturvedi
Postgraduate Department of Microbiology, King George s Medical College, Lucknow, India
J Gen Virol 72:859-66. 1991..These findings show a breakdown of the blood-brain barrier leading to cerebral oedema during DEN2 infection which is mediated via the release of histamine by a virus-induced cytokine...
- Treatment of chronic idiopathic urticaria with topical preparations: controlled study of oxatomide gel versus dechlorpheniramine creamF Locci
Medical Pathology II, Cagliari Polyclinic, Italy
Drugs Exp Clin Res 17:399-403. 1991..01 between times). During the follow-up period, a distinct flare-up of symptoms was observed only in the dechlorpheniramine group. Acceptability and safety, both clinical and biological, were good for both products...
- Biphasic effect of histamine on spontaneously beating rat atriaI Cakici
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Gazi University, Ankara, Turkey
Gen Pharmacol 23:705-8. 1992..5. The initial negative chronotropic phase was significantly enhanced by propranolol and reduced by pheniramine (10(-6) M). 6...
- Case report: unilateral mydriasis from topical Opcon-A and soft contact lensT L Williams
Division of Ophthalmology, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, SIU Eye Center, Springfield, USA
Aviat Space Environ Med 68:1035-7. 1997..Continued emphasis of the possible deleterious side effects by the clinician is recommended to circumvent these problems...
- Enhancement of the antimalarial effect of chloroquine by chloropheniramine in vivoA Sowunmi
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics and Postgraduate Institute for Medical Research and Training, University of Ibadan, Nigeria
Trop Med Int Health 3:177-83. 1998..Chloroquine/chloropheniramine produces a higher cure rate than chloroquine alone and reverses chloroquine insensitivity in Plasmodium falciparum in vivo. It may be a useful way of optimising the antimalarial effect of chloroquine...
- [Use of capillary isotachophoresis for the determination of pheniramine in granulated powders]P Kubacak
Farmaceutická fakulta Univerzity Komenského v Bratislave, Katedra farmaceutickej analýzy a nukleárnej farmácie
Ceska Slov Farm 54:86-9. 2005The method of capillary isotachophoresis was used to assay pheniramine in granulated powders. Several electrolyte systems of different composition and different pH were tested...
- Rapid identification and quantification of chlorpheniramine maleate or pheniramine maleate in pharmaceutical preparations by thin-layer chromatography-densitometrySeppakkam P Subramaniyan
Government of India, Department of Biochemistry, Central Drugs Laboratory, Kolkata 700 016, India
J AOAC Int 87:1319-22. 2004..TLC)-densitometry was used to separate, identify, and quantitate chlorpheniramine maleate (CPM) and pheniramine maleate (PM) when present in combination with other drugs in pharmaceutical preparations of tablets, syrups, ..
- Uniformly sized molecularly imprinted polymer for d-chlorpheniramine. Evaluation of retention and molecular recognition properties in an aqueous mobile phaseJun Haginaka
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Mukogawa Women s University, 11 68, Koshien Kyuban cho, Nishinomiya, Hyogo 663 8179, Japan
J Chromatogr A 948:77-84. 2002..Further, the MIP showed the highest recognition for chlorpheniramine and slight recognition for its structurally related compounds, and enantioseparation of pheniramine was attained.
- Efficacy and safety of rectal thiopental, intramuscular cocktail and rectal midazolam for sedation in children undergoing neuroimagingHandan Alp
Department of Pediatrics, Ataturk University Faculty of Medicine, Erzurum, Turkey
Pediatr Int 44:628-34. 2002..m. modified cocktail (meperidine-chlorpromazine hydrochloride-feniramin maleat) in 70 children undergoing computed tomography (CT) and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)...
- Genomic structure, chromosome mapping and expression analysis of the human AVIL gene, and its exclusion as a candidate for locus for inflammatory bowel disease at 12q13-14 (IBD2)Zeynep Tumer
Department of Medical Genetics, Wilhelm Johannsen Centre for Functional Genome Research, IMBG, 24 4, The Panum Institute, University of Copenhagen, Blegdamsvej 3, Denmark
Gene 288:179-85. 2002....
- A phase II study of paclitaxel and cisplatin combination chemotherapy in recurrent or metastatic head and neck cancerM Basaran
University of Instanbul, Institute of Oncology, Medical Oncology Department, Turkey
J Chemother 14:207-13. 2002..Taxol, Bristol Myers Squibb Company, Princeton, NJ) and cisplatin therapy (PC) consisted of prophylaxis with pheniramine 50 mg i.v., ranitidine 150 mg i.v. and dexamethasone 20 mg i.v...
- Role of central histaminergic system in lorazepam withdrawal syndrome in ratsC Nath
Division of Pharmacology, Central Drug Research Institute, Lucknow, India
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 68:777-82. 2001..The drugs (in mg/kg administered intramuscularly)--L-histidine (50), histamine-N-methyl (2), promethazine (10), pheniramine (10), astemizole (10), and thioperamide (1)--were given separately in other groups daily during the withdrawal ..
- Comparison of two video-assisted techniques for the difficult intubationP Biro
Department of Anaesthesiology, University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 45:761-5. 2001....
- pH-independent large-volume sample stacking of positive or negative analytes in capillary electrophoresisN E Baryla
Department of Chemistry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Electrophoresis 22:52-8. 2001..8-1.6%, 1.3-3.7%, and 0.8-4.9%, respectively. Further, it is possible to stack either positively or negatively charged analytes using zwitterionic surfactants to suppress the EOF...
- Application of heparin to chiral separations of antihistamines by capillary electrophoresisY Jin
Department of Chemistry, University of Cincinnati, OH 45221 0172, USA
Electrophoresis 19:2119-23. 1998A study of the chiral separations of antihistamines, including pheniramine, chlorpheniramine, brompheniramine, carbinoxamine and doxylamine in capillary electrophoresis (CE) was accomplished using heparin as a chiral additive (CA) and ..
- Combined histamine H1/H2 receptor antagonists: part I. Pharmacological hybrids with pheniramine- and roxatidine-like substructuresF R Schulze
Institut fur Pharmazie, Freie Universitat Berlin, K onigin Luise Strasse 2 4, D 14195 Berlin, Germany
Eur J Pharm Sci 6:177-86. 1998A series of hybrid compounds combining the pharmacophores of both pheniramine-type histamine H1 receptor antagonists and roxatidine-type H2 receptor antagonists have been synthesized and tested for histamine antagonism at the isolated ..
- Combined histamine H1/H2 receptor antagonists: part II. Pharmacological hybrids with pheniramine- and tiotidine-like substructuresC Wolf
Institut fur Pharmazie, Freie Universitat Berlin, K onigin Luise Strasse 2 4, D 14195 Berlin, Germany
Eur J Pharm Sci 6:187-96. 1998Hybrid molecules combining the crucial structural features of both pheniramine-type histamine H1 receptor antagonists and guanidinothiazole-type H2 receptor antagonists have been synthesized and tested for in vitro pharmacological ..
- Five-minute removal of soft lenses prevents most absorption of a topical ophthalmic solutionM T Christensen
Alcon Laboratories, Inc, Fort Worth, TX 76134 2099, USA
CLAO J 24:227-31. 1998..This study was designed to test the hypothesis that waiting 5 minutes before reinsertion of lenses would be sufficient to reduce absorption to a level below what is needed to produce a physiological response...
- [Cutaneous loxoscelism with edematous predominance]H Schenone
Instituto de Ciencias Biomedicas, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Chile, Santiago, Chile
Bol Chil Parasitol 53:78-83. 1998..laeta venom. In Chile, the differential diagnosis must be planted with the following clinical entities: bites of hematophagous insects on the face, bee stings, Chagas' disease with facial port of entry and angioneurotic edema...
- Pharmacology and quantitative structure-activity relationships of imidazolylpropylguanidines with mepyramine-like substructures as non-peptide neuropeptide Y Y1 receptor antagonistsS Dove
University of Regensburg, Institute of Pharmacy
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 78:108-15. 2000..Y1 antagonistic activity (inhibition of NPY-stimulated Ca2+ increase in human erythroleukemic cells), where the pheniramine-like moiety of arpromidine was replaced with 2-pyridylaminoalkyl, benzyl-(2-pyridyl)aminoalkyl, and phenyl-(2-..
- Central histaminergic involvement during stress in ratsA Ray
Department of Pharmacology, University College of Medical Sciences, Delhi, India
Indian J Exp Biol 30:724-8. 1992..c.v.) treatment. Further, the H1-blocker, pheniramine (25 mg/kg, ip) but not the centrally acting H2-blocker, zolantidine (5 mg/kg, ip) produced clearcut ..
- Contribution of the histaminergic receptor subtypes to histamine-induced cerebellar granular neurotoxicityAkcahan Gepdiremen
Ataturk University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Pharmacology, TR 25240 Erzurum, Turkey
Pol J Pharmacol 55:383-8. 2003..b>Pheniramine (H(1) receptor blocker), ranitidine (H(2) receptor blocker) and thioperamide (H(3) receptor blocker) were ..
- Effect of dengue virus-induced cytotoxin on capillary permeabilityR Dhawan
Postgraduate Department of Microbiology, K G Medical College, Lucknow, India
J Exp Pathol (Oxford) 71:83-8. 1990..The findings thus show that DV-induced CF2 increases the capillary permeability via release of histamine...